Speaker 1: Live on.
Speaker 2: Td Tuddy taking it to the house reservations for six. Whatever you call it, touchdown, one thing's for sure. Touchdowns matter more at Draft Kings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NFL. On the ground, in the air, from the special teams or the defense, we don't care how you score them. We want to bet on touchdowns, and at Draft Kings Sportsbook is the number one place to bet touchdowns. Ready to place your first NFL bet, try something as simple as betting on a player to score touchdown. Go to Draft Kings Sportsbook app and make your bet today. Ready to do your touchdown dance of your own. New Draft King customers can bet five bucks and get two hundred and fifty instantly in bonus best and get one month free of NFL Plus Premium. Download the Draft Kings sports app. Use code Shannon. That's code Shannon for new customers to get two hundred and fifty in bonus best when you bet just five books and get one month free of NFL Plus Premium only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 3: The Crown is.
Speaker 4: Yours gambling problem called one eight hundred Gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and WI or text hope and Y four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling. Call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of boothill, Casino and resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction. Void in Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See dkang dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: So look, I get it, hey man, you know, I know Big Willy. I'm surprised he had He isn't an offensive line coach for somebody. Maybe that's not what he wants to do, because he's as good as anybody had teaching lineman, because a lot of linemen go work would Big Willy in the offseason.
Speaker 3: And uh, one of the best rights ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, And so I think he I think he was somebody would be very, very lucky to have him as an offensive line coach.
Speaker 3: What's up, Big Willy? I know you'd be watching from time to time, you.
Speaker 2: Know, you being we DM each other Twitter, I G sometimes so the Big Home. I'm always I'm always pulling for the Georgia. Oh Joe. Justin Field said the Steelers coaching staff is significantly better than coaching staff. He was asked by teammate Cameron Hayward on Not Just Football podcast.
Speaker 3: Let's take a listen to what Justin had to say, like that justin coaching Pittsburgh or Chicago. Come on, yeah, I mean, I mean, listen. We talk about the Steelers. Yeah, we talked about We talked about.
Speaker 5: The Steelers, historic organizer, five six Super Bowls, a history of winning.
Speaker 3: Is a winning franchise.
Speaker 5: No disrespect to the Bears, but obviously, you know the coaching is going to be different. Everybody under Mike, Mike Tomin Tutelage, you know, Arthur Smith, understanding playing to your player strengths, not trying to make him do too much, having him do what he's actually good at, you know, And that's exactly what they're doing. He's not turning the goddamn ball over.
Speaker 3: Number one.
Speaker 2: Thing.
Speaker 5: Thing's scoring forty and thirty eight goddamn points. They doing just enough not turn the ball over. Then playing crazy goddamn defense. They are well, that goddamn defense over the nice boy.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing, oh Joe, when you get one of these young quarterbacks, who you're gonna have the coaching m Cliff Kingsbury, Yes, sir, coach coaches Jane Daniels. The one thing you might say he's not a good head coach. The one thing that you can't say that he's not a good oc he's not a good quarterback coach. He had Johnny Manziel in Texas, say, and then when he won the Heisman, he had Patrick Mahomes, he had Kyler Murray. You look at the guys and look at them. Kyler was a rookie of the Year. Johnny Manziel won the Heisman. Patrick Mahons threw for damn thear eight hundred yards in the game, ended up going number ten overall. So he can coach the position. You had justin fields and I don't know if they had the right coaches in place. And see, because they didn't have the right coaches in place, justin turned the ball over. He could turn the ball over. Why because he knew they didn't have anybody that was gonna come in. He knows now if he turns the ball over, he taking his ass to the bench because Rut's gonna come in. So he's a lot more careful with the football. They put him in situations where he can be a lot more careful because they don't need him to be great. Chicago needed him to be great. Yeah, yeah, So now I don't need to be hero. I can lift. Hey, I ain't gonta strain myself. I ain't gotta blow out my back trying to lift four hundred pounds. I can lift this one thirty five every once in a while, you know, Hey, I added to put another quart on there and hit one eight five. But all I need to do is not put the ball in harm's way. And the Steelers do. With the way they play defense, they're gonna be in a lot of games. Not a question is though, Joe. If they fall behind, Yeah, yeah, that can that style? Can you survive? That's that style? Running the football three yards here, four yards there, throw at the ball.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I think the thing is the thing.
Speaker 2: The mistake that teams make is that when they get a quarterback and they draft him high, damn the head coach.
Speaker 3: You who gonna coach him?
Speaker 2: That's what I need to know, who is coaching him, because that's the difference. The person that's in his ear, the person that's in the meeting room, the person that when we call him plays and I'll ask you what you like. That's the guy and he needs to be an expert on that level. But I'm happy. I'm happy. Uh he found the home I thought he would have, maken you're in Atlanta. Atlanta went another direction, but hey, I'm happy for Justin Field.
Speaker 3: Mhm.
Speaker 2: Justin Jefferson spoke to people Packers dB Jai Alexander Ocho.
Speaker 3: Let's take a listen to what he had to say.
Speaker 1: I am a character player, and last year I was just more focused on you know. Of course during that time, we're fighting to get back into the playoffs and uh, sat to make our line. You know, that's that's something that I was looking through it too. I really don't care about the matchup. Honestly, I feel like he cares more of it than you know I do. But I mean it is where it is. That's that's every team.
Speaker 3: What do you make of his comments? Man, he ain't go at him, He ain't go at him.
Speaker 5: He should he should have said I'm to go out his head like I need, I need, I need that. Odell Thurman, Josh Norman, Marshawn Lattimo or Mike Evans uh, Odell Beckham, Odell Beckham about I'm about Beckham, Josh Josh Norman. I'm tripping. I'm tripping. I'm tripping that after my dog he played with me in Cincinnati. You know, Odell Thurman went with the Georgia.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: Like I need that type of energy, man, you know, make the games exciting. Packers playing the Vikings. I need to say here, to say something. Man, I'm fingna lock your ass up.
Speaker 2: Oh I need But that's not But that's not his style or that's not justin Jefferson style.
Speaker 5: I know, I know it's it's understandable, but it just makes it makes it more entertaining and exciting for the fans getting ready to watch the game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I mean for me, for me, I watch anyway.
Speaker 5: But I'm just saying it'd be good to have that little bulletin board material, you know, add a little uh, add.
Speaker 3: A little little spice to it, a little spicey the game.
Speaker 5: But Justin Jefferson was politically correct just then, I ain't. I don't like that side of I don't like the PC Justin Jefferson.
Speaker 3: But that's that's who he is.
Speaker 1: Mad.
Speaker 3: He he ain't like us. I'll mean, let's go talk.
Speaker 5: Oh hey, listen, Yeah, he'll talk to you now probably probably not, probably not through the you know, through the media, but on that field, he'd be he'd be at that chirping mm hmm. But it's a it's a whole different ball game to talk that trash before a game start, and then you got to you got to go into the game.
Speaker 3: You got to back that, you got to back it up. Yeah, for sure. Hey, that's a whole different ball game. Man.
Speaker 2: Look, girl, whether I said anything or I talked a lot, they're still gonna kick the ball off at two o five or something.
Speaker 3: But it ain't it ain't. You know I'm coming. They know I'm coming. I know I'm coming.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, what you got but you you don't understand how dog. Remember Michael Crabtree and Richard Sherman going at it.
Speaker 2: Oh that was you you hear me? And what do you call them? Key to leave?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah man, you know, keep keep stay on one. They were going at it.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: Anytime Marshawn Lottimore and Mike Evans play or yeah, I mean just that that that Odell Odell Beckham and that Josh Josh Norman thought those were so exciting. They I mean, they were so exciting because they was going onto all out war. It's still football, you know, a little little little extracurricular activity something you know here and there. But man, I love watching them boys go at it man. Oh yeah, And I think that's different. They don't let you play like that. They don't let the intimidation factor. They don't let the physicality because you can't get physical no more.
Speaker 3: They gonna throw flags. Yeah. Back then, that I mean they would let us talk.
Speaker 2: Now the first time you say something that come be referee, run to get a little skinny ass in front of the back back up.
Speaker 3: Well you catch your both.
Speaker 2: Oh man, it's a different time now, oh Joe, it's a it's a different time.
Speaker 3: They want to keep it. Uh, I mean I did.
Speaker 2: I were there some players that didn't didn't like each other.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you know what, we just kept it on the field.
Speaker 2: But we didn't travel like these guys travel and be all together like that.
Speaker 3: Oh ya.
Speaker 2: We weren't going to no white parties and we wasn't going to no you know, going to no fights together, no things like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was different. These guys different. Now, these guys cool for the most part. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I, you know, come to Vegas and I see guys at the fight, especially, you know, once the season is over, but you see all you see thirty forty fifty football players. Yeah, and then for the most part, they're cool, and I like that. I'm cool with that. Yeah, but oh we cool off. But on the field, Yeah, I got something for you.
Speaker 5: Every time I got JAD, I got your address. Oh yeah, for sure, I'm gonna make sure. I'm gonna make sure this package be there right on time like Amazon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Hey, oh, I'm gonna give it to you plus ship and the handling because I gotta make sure you get it. You know what I'm sait out the way. I don't want no ad it got lost. No, I put that direct address on it, and I paid for early for early delivery. I wanted it there for by ten thirty, so that way when he came to two o'clock, I had something for you. You got you gonna get it, Oh Joe. Big news of the week. Former UNLB starting quarterback Matthew Sluca left the team because of the university failed to make good on a promise payment of one hundred thousand dollars. According to his father and agents, Luca nounced that he would be using his red shirt year and leaving the program because of representation that was made to him which was not upheld. After iron row. This comes after he led u n LB to the first three and oh start. If I'm not mistaken, I think Randall Cunningham was the quarterback the last time they had a three on one start. Randall also was the quarterback at UNLV, and he also was the punter. I think Randa was like one of the top punters in the nation that you also you could check me out on that ash. But I think Randall was the quarterback at UNLV when they started three.
Speaker 3: And oh.
Speaker 5: Man, they should have paid. They should have paid buddy man. Yeah, he ain't go in there promising something and then then then stick to your promise. Matter of fact, he tripping anyway. If they promise you one hundred k, they should have.
Speaker 3: At least dropped. They paid in three thousand of one hundred k. That's it, man, let me get half. Don't play with me. I know you got boosters unlv vegas.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, let me get man, throw me, throw wy me fifty thousand before I even think coming here. And if I don't come, I seen money back and give me the rest of the money before the season start.
Speaker 3: And we three and on that and I'm one of the reasons why we three in though, and you're still playing my money. Man, run me my cash man, stop playing on me? Yeah, man, who hold on? Who want to be on the job. You don't promise me? Man?
Speaker 2: You hey, you don't promise me? And like, oh no, I'm surprised. Look, I'm surprised. More that happened to happen the more players. I mean, you hear some players that have transferred because what was promised wasn't delivered, and so they leave. And then you know, I heard they were trying to work it out. I don't know how true that is, trying to get him some money, but I don't know if that's gonna be enough some some Yeah, I need fifty, I need fifty fifty. I give you another another six games.
Speaker 3: Matter of fact, put interest on it too. Oh yeah yeah, put interest on it too. Stop playing on me, man, Stop playing on my top.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but y'all need hey, y'all need to y'all need to pay the man. Y'all don't promise the man that I told him if he enrolled, y'all give him a hundred bands.
Speaker 3: Give that especially you got it in the writing. If you got it in the writing, Oh you good? Yeah? I need all that.
Speaker 2: With Randall to starting quarterback in eighty four, because Randal, if I'm not mistaken, RANDALM came out in eighty five.
Speaker 3: He the second round picking eighty five went to Philly. Oh oh about your turn?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 3: You know what with as duties right here? Oh yo? With as Judy here? What happened? Who is the quarterback? As Randall? You got it right? O Jo? You know, o Jo?
Speaker 2: You know when I like, when I be saying stuff like this, people actually think I have it on my path. They don't realize I'd just be y'all, do realize that I'm fifty six and stuff that happened in the eighties and nineties.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm old enough to remember it.
Speaker 2: I remember too now, so hey, man, they'd be done google that stuff, all that track and field.
Speaker 3: No they don't.
Speaker 2: When I'm having a conversation with with with Michael Johnson and Norman and all those rye I remember those when I had I just did the interview with with Ronnie Coleman bodybuilding bro.
Speaker 3: Do y'all know. I mean, clearly they didn't know. But I used to go to all the shows though, Joe.
Speaker 2: I went to the Olympics, I go to the Arnoll class I went to the NPC's, I went to the Chicago the Pro show.
Speaker 3: I used to I used to go all the time. You know, you know Phil be watching us. Now Phil he yeah, but Phil, he'll be locked in. Now they'll be locked in. But I grew. I didn't see Phield compete. I had to.
Speaker 2: But guys like Flex, Ronnie, Chris Premier, all those guys, Sean Ray, I grew. I grew, you know, with with those guys and seeing those guys Paul de let.
Speaker 3: So uh.
Speaker 2: I mean, like like I said, I love sports. I love sports. I love talking about sports and there's not a whole lot of sports, you know, from sumo wrestling to bull riding to you know, I'm brushing up on my Formula one obviously. I know who Max vet Stephan is, and I know who Hamilton is, you know, and I know Lewis is leaving a Mercedes. I think at the end of this year, going back to Ferrari and the Red Wings team, the Red Bull team, it's uh huh he killing but uh but no, there there's nothing but I like I said, I played with Randall. You know, I was with Randall and uh in Baltimore. Randall is a great guy. His daughter, his daughter is a high jump high jumper. Yeah, Bashtad. His son was a high jumper also. Uh. I think he ended up clearly like seven seven the starting want to back for the number one Texas and still underside. They heading into the matchup against Mississippi State, the first SEC.
Speaker 3: Game in the SEC.
Speaker 2: Remember they played Alabama but they were not members of the SEC. This is the first SEC matchup as a member of the SEC. Sark said today, we're going to decide on the quarterback. Think tomorrow it won't be a secret, but we're not trying to pull the wool over anybody's eyes. Just want to give Quinn every opportunity to see if he's ready to play and what he looks like.
Speaker 3: O Joe, what you got?
Speaker 5: I mean listen, if Quinny Quinn is ready to go, you know, if he's not healthy, if he's not one hundred percent, No, don't, don't. I wouldn't risk it. We still have a long season ago get the number one spot. I would let I would let low little Manning, Little Manning played one more game. Aren't little arts played one more game? And make sure Quinn is ready to go the following week. No, no need to risk injury, no need to risk further injury, no need to risk another setback.
Speaker 3: You know you guys have listen. Texas has something special right now. They got some right now.
Speaker 5: You're challenging Alabama and maybe Georgia, you know, winning that national championship.
Speaker 3: Don't play, especially not at the quarterback position. Do not play.
Speaker 2: After sixteen years in the NBA, former MVP point guard Derrick Rose is retiring from the league.
Speaker 3: Legends.
Speaker 2: The number one overall pick in two thousand and eight NBA draft, the Chicago native sime And High School made his mark for seven years with his hometown team, from Rookie of the Year to All Star to the youngest MVP in league history. The first three years of Rosemer was unmatched. Left in Chicago to his best season since Jordan. His thirty six point playoff debut in two thousand and nine was electric as he took the bull took the defending champs Boston Subjects to a seven games thrilling first round series. Oh Joe, what do you look when you when someone asked you five years, ten years from now, what is d Rose legacy? What are you gonna say?
Speaker 3: Listen?
Speaker 5: One of the greatest ever played this game, one of the most explosive, one of the most entertaining players I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: Ever. You know, before injury, we talked about box Office on c TV before the injuries, Man, stop playing.
Speaker 5: You know, I don't even watch basketball like that until we started the show, so I'd be able to talk about it.
Speaker 3: So if if I know Prime d.
Speaker 5: Rolls before the injury and I don't even watch the game, I would tune it in just to see Buddy play. When Ja Moran play before we started doing the show, I was watching because at a certain level of excitement that those individuals bring to the game.
Speaker 3: He was that athletic.
Speaker 2: He was the first true athletic I'm talking about that could play above the rim. You got that later with Russ, you got that later with John Moran, But d Rose could play above the rim.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, the spin, the the the the up and under. Yeah, being able to finish. He was special. I'm gonna look back that what could have been? What could have been on Joe?
Speaker 3: Yeah without the injury? What could have been without the injury? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean he I mean the youngest MVP. Ah, but those injuries robbed him of his explosiveness and he did an unbelievable job that playing more. But you know, to hear the stories of what it took for him to get back, just to get back, and just what it took for him just to go play the game, the two hours, the three hours of getting ready just to go play a game every eighty two.
Speaker 3: Uh. I'm I'm happy that he was able to play as long as he did. He wanted the m v P. He's the youngest in but you always stay back, like, damn, what could have been? How good? How special could he have been? Well?
Speaker 5: How do how do basketball enthusiasts because he wasn't able to win a title.
Speaker 3: What do they rank him as is when it comes to the great players that have played.
Speaker 2: This game, Well, I think I don't. Look he was of his generation, but I think when you go back and look at it, I don't. I don't think they're gonna you know, is he a top fifty player? No, there's too many. There's too many guys in front of him. Could have been absolutely, absolutely absolutely, Like I said, he he was that guy that brought in that athletic point guard, the Russell Westbrooks, the Jah Moran, guys that could play above the rim, because before that, all the guys that just passed the ball. Now Kevin Johnson could play above the realm. I don't know if you remember kJ played, Yeah, yeah, yeah, kJ kJ had u kJ k kJ had some crazy I remember he dunked on he jump, he dunked on dreams.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: But with that d rose when he put it behind his head and dumped on Steve Nash, I don't know. No, I don't know what was Nash thinking. I don't know what he was thinking. But he should have he should have he should have never never, never, ever, MEPhI feed on that he should have just when he dunked it, just got the ball, take it out of bath and bring it back. Yeah that was dragged. No, that was that was dragged. That wasn't nasty. It was there goran dragic that he dunked on. Oh yeah, I don't I definitely don't know what he was thinking. Oh he thought he was gonna block it. Absolutely not because did he forget that?
Speaker 3: He forgot that.
Speaker 2: Derrick Rose is a two foot jumper, so he's like Dominique Wilkins. He jumps off both feet. You can't let it. You can't let him stop like that. You can't let him. Oh no, I don't know what he was thinking. He'd have lost all his man.
Speaker 3: Man, him and him and Rush got bounced out this world. Not not to be that tall. Look what you think about Josh oh jock man listen man.
Speaker 2: Having watched him in person several times, man, that look man, that joker got boy played.
Speaker 3: I mean that joke like he got springs in his feet.
Speaker 5: They played different yeaheah man the different Yeah, yeah, very very very explosive, you know, taking people off the dribble.
Speaker 3: Man, I'm just man nasty nasty word.
Speaker 2: A couple of Kevin Johnson. A couple of weeks ago, rober Lincoln said Lebron James was trash talking Bronnie. They take a listen to what Rob had to say about this scrimmage, about this practice.
Speaker 6: Maybe the challenges on on Brownie when like in our pickup game, I think it was yesterday or two days ago, he got switched on to Lebron, and Lebron took him baseline and up and under off the glass and the words exchange afterwards. We're probably more challenging than anything else.
Speaker 3: What if? What if? What if Lebron hear the base line jump on the here the jump up like you can't f with me? Yeah, I mean that's what's gonna happen. You know, all this fear and I'm sorry, Oh, I mean, I'm sorry, Lebron.
Speaker 5: Listen all this fear in love and war, especially once once you touch that court all bet you're not You're not my son.
Speaker 3: Once we talked that once we I'm talking about Bronie.
Speaker 5: Oh Bronnie, Oh man, he finna get that work every time. But man, Bronie finna get that work every time. You know, bron don't play but once you to, once you touch that hardwood, son or not, you finna get.
Speaker 3: That, you know he not definitely don't. Oh yeah, for sure. Man. I could imagine man just dunkle my brother. Had he not moved out the way in a pickup game, I definitely was letting, letting it fly. What Yeah, But he was smart. He was smart enough to realize, nah, go out the way. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that's I mean, can you imagine, o Joe, just imagine you playing football, you a wide receiving your son of dB, or you a dB and your son a wide receive.
Speaker 3: That's dope. You an offensive line and your son of defensive line. That's dope.
Speaker 2: And the funny thing, I don't know if it's possible filh No, it's a difficult feats.
Speaker 3: You can probably do it.
Speaker 2: You can obviously you can do it in basketball because Lebron is the first time. You can do it in baseball. We saw Griffith Senior, Griffy Jr. You can do it in hockey the halls, Brenton, Bobby uh. But not football.
Speaker 3: You can't. It's too film. You can't last long.
Speaker 2: You can't last I mean the last twenty four years. I mean Lebron play No, hell no. And then, like I said, you have to have a kid early on, early enough. But and the thing with football, you got to go at least three years baseball unless you come out in the draft. The thing was, Griffy was the number one overall pick, right, and he didn't spend a whole lot of time in the minors, so he rided up. And maybe if he'd spent an extra time in the minors, it would have never happened. But I think the Rangers they released him so he had an opportunity to play with his son with the Mariners. That's so because I think that's that's kind of that's kind of how it happened. It wasn't like his dad was already on the Mariners. I think he got released or or or something like that that they I think it was the Rangers that did it. I remember having a conversation with Griffy a couple of years ago. I think that's what happened.
Speaker 5: Every time you mentioned baseball, I always think about my days when I was when I was with the Marlins in ninety seven.
Speaker 2: The Rangers, I think they traded them to the Maritals or they released him, so he could go sign or something like that, but here was a way to go.
Speaker 3: Now time, Oh Joe. For one of my favorite segments of the day, Q in a in a wait, what time is it.
Speaker 5: Almost ten o'clock in over there and my flight six in the morning. I gotta wake this one up, pack her stuff. Man, it's hell over here.
Speaker 2: Broy Brandon, the hallaman said, I've been waiting on y'all since too the up your own words. Two things can be true. Joe Be played well against Washington and he lost. Dbron play well in eighteen finals when he dropped fifty drunk fifty one and yes, no, who will, Oh Joe, what do you think? Shout out doublin Georgia? What up Lawrence County? That's what's up? Right on sixteen? I used to stop at the McDonald's in Dublin and uh. The VA hospital is also in Dublin my grandfather to spend My grandfather was in the military, and so he always went to the BA Hospital in Dublin.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And so we would always stop in Dublin at that McDonald's right there. That was also a drop off point me and my son's mom would she would like drive him halfway, she'd drive to Dublin. I would drive to pick him up and bring him home, bring him to my grandmother's house when my mom was in town if she didn't stop any and pick him up. So, yes, Brandon, two things can be true. Bron did play well in the eighteen finals. But boy, I showed what Jr. Because I hated Brandon.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you why. I hate it, because we robbed of that great moment. JR.
Speaker 2: Lost track at the time. He thought they had a leader this moment. Yeah, okay, yeah, and he didn't shoot the basketball. But yeah, two things can as little be true. I think the difference sales is like Lebron. I don't know if Lebron could have played any better than what he played, but at the end, like the quarterback position is like the red zone were The only issues that I had is that they went two for four and the other team went three for three. And you understand in situations like that that how the game is gonna shape out. You're like, damn, and they just went down that's a rookie And they just went down there with the eve and scored on us, Like okay, damn.
Speaker 3: Oh yall, I gotta get on my horse now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, kicking field goals is not gonna be enough because you see that your defense isn't holding up the park. But you know what, Brandon, You're absolutely right, bron did play well enough, but you know what, just didn't get it done. Damn not that we're gonna win that game. That was just one game. They weren't gonna win the series. They were not beating Golden State. Even if they won game won, they we wasn't beating them three more times. Yeah, it's very disappointing.
Speaker 3: I saw that.
Speaker 2: Spood Teresa Witherspoon, she was a w NBA player, unbelievable player. Uh she got she got terminated today from the Chicago's guy. I don't understand that decision. I don't know what they were expecting. Angel got got got injured late in the season. You know, look, I think it's it's a blessing that occurs because you know, sometimes you look at, well, Caitlyn Clark got her team pro That's that's different.
Speaker 3: You can't judge your your team's success.
Speaker 2: By somebody else's success. I can't look at me and say, well, because such and such did this, I'm a failure their success is not indicative. It's not reflective on me. Oh Joe, all two things. I mean, I mean, like, damn man, Gronk was better than you. Okay, Gronk is better than me, Kelsey, whomever you say. But it doesn't minimize what I've done.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm. You're right. So I don't I don't get I don't get that decision. I don't. I don't understand that. I thought you were doing a great job one year. I don't know what they expected.
Speaker 2: Y'all expect them to beat the number one seed, to beat the Aces, beat the Liberty. I mean, I don't really know what you were expected. What was the expectations when you gave her the job this year? What was the expectations? And I can assure you she would have not left the New Orleans Pelicans in her role if she knew she was only gonna get one year.
Speaker 3: Y'll try to turn this thing around. That's messed up. That's messed up. Yeah it is. I don't get it.
Speaker 2: Shelton Pope. You think the Aces will want another tie a ring this year? It's gonna be tough because they've got to go through the Liberty. The Liberty was the best team. They got a nice squad, they got John Quell Jones, they got Stewart. We know what Stuart Stewart might be the most accomplished collegiate women's basketball player in the history of the game. She won four national championships, so show she was four times most Outstanding Player. She was a multiple time national player. Other year she's won two league MVP, she's Finals MVP, She's she's what two gold medals I think now, so she's gonna be more accomplished. She might be the most accomplished collegiate women player when you look at the totality of what she's been able to do. And you got John quel Jones, who is a former MVP. You got the next gul who's who scored thirty nine, thirty sixty the other night. The road is a lot more difficult. I just saw a Collier Nafisia just hit forty two.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: They got to work cut out for but they got the team. Chelsea seems to be getting back. I just wish Chelsea great. The point god, I just wish she was totally healthy. Seemed like she's rounding her way back in because she came in late. When I saw I saw right before they got ready to take off for the Olympics. And hopefully because she's gonna be the key Asian, Asian gonna be Asia. Yeah, ap Kelsey Plum is gonna be Kelsey Plum, Jackie Young.
Speaker 3: But they need Chelsea.
Speaker 2: They need Chelsea to give them that twelve to fifteen, nine ten dimes.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And I think they'll be fine. But you know, I think if she if she is, if Chelsea can be consistent, right, chi can ball. Don't let her play at the Olympics. Don't let that what you be. Let's let that be the impression that she you think she is. Yeah, it's hard to get a rhythm because you try to play everybody. She was just coming back off of major injury because she missed almost half of the w NBA season and to get her rhythm back. Now next year, I expect to see the Chelsea Gray that I saw the previous year. That's that's what I expect to see. But Asia, she gonna be sensational. She's gonna give you what she normally does, twenty five to thirty, ten to thirteen rebounds. The assess this steals the block shots. The question is can they make enough threes KP. They got to do a great job of a new school because she can let the three. They got two bigs. They got to keep John Quell and Stewiet off the glass. But uh, I'm excited. I'm excited to see this matchup. I'm excited to see this matchup. Uh, dipping to McGee, what's up?
Speaker 3: Uncle O? Y'all was wondering if you.
Speaker 2: Guys had a favorite player route to run. Thank you guys for many hours of entertainment. OHO, what was your favorite route?
Speaker 3: Sure? All right, I'm on the left. OHO was the ex receiver. I was the ex.
Speaker 5: Anything bump and run, slam hitches, Well, you know, hitches can burn, the fades, dig routes, curls. I ain't even care. I didn't even care. My favorite is I hate? I mean, office is.
Speaker 3: It's easy, But I had such a level of comfort in man. The man I used to.
Speaker 5: Come out of the huddle on sometimes used to be so funny. I ain't had no mouthpiece, and I called the dude up. I'd be motioning for a man come up here and play press. Don't worry about I don't worry about whatever. Deepense, y'all, then just come up on him, come on up here and pressed just the rock combinations matter. I prefer to be by myself. Even if they doubled, I didn't really care.
Speaker 2: But I probably called more flank of drives, two jet flanker drive X come back. I probably caught that route more. Maybe the stick. I love Tiger far cross, uh solo right, Tiger park Cross. I mean, look, I like getting down the field. Yeah, what I like all that little short fish out was a deep sea fisherman, all that little short fisher. But all that little short stuff, that shallow cross.
Speaker 3: That's fine.
Speaker 2: I caught a bunch of shallow crosses, little stick route with the defense called yoga. I called that man. Send me down the field, Let me get to the scenes, let me get to the far cross, let me get that severn a corner rock.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now, I did like when they when they call X open, they called her, you know it called call the you know white skinny whoa. Yeah, I did all that though, yo. Yeah, oh I run to come back, run the dig, run the dag or yeah. I did all that, yeah for sure. Oh yeah, I've seen you.
Speaker 3: I seen you. I've seen you. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Over the days, man, I don't even know I could run, I probably couldn't run. I probably couldn't run ten yards.
Speaker 3: I ain't lying. I couldn't.
Speaker 2: I ain't lie, I ain't in no hurry, let me talk about you're effing slow like you like like that grocery store going somewhere. They move it, they clothing, they be right there. Yeah, I'm on for Rouke, Hey, Shay and O Joe Chad should Chad Johnson, She'll be o ESBN.
Speaker 7: Oh oh, I'll be there at a minute. Hold your horse's baby. Yeah yeah, I'm like, I mean, they're the same people, the same person. So I guess I get what you said.
Speaker 3: I'm coming. Yeah, give me a minute. I'll be there. I got this. You got to chat.
Speaker 5: Y'all got to understand I actually be y'all think i'd be playing. I got thirty seven, thirty eight eleven jobs, like literally.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got a bunch of them.
Speaker 5: I got a lot of them, and it's only six months out there, so I got I got to take my time now.
Speaker 3: I can't overdo it. Nah, you can't.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, JJ Carver said, give your spouse the blueprint on how to love you. Don't make them guessed and just ask how can you how can I how can I love you today?
Speaker 3: I like one thing, one thing about it. Asking how I can love you today will change, It will change next week.
Speaker 2: That's okay because I'm changing too, because what what got me going today, They're gonna get me going tomorrow exactly.
Speaker 3: So that's the question you're gonna have to always keep asking over and over and over because whatever.
Speaker 5: Answer they give you on Monday, by the time it get to Friday, it's gonna be something completely different.
Speaker 2: Oh yo, Yeah, don't worry about it. The fame results gonna happen, but it might be it's going down every time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is. I mean, you know, the thing is is that I like that what you like? I was like, what you like doing? Do whatever? Hey, do what you do? You know? I love it.
Speaker 2: We should have pulled it up because the guy would say, well, I sent you the story. We're gonna havena We're gonna put it on Sunday. I'm gonna say to ask you we have it loaded up about The guy said that when you fly girl out, you take say that.
Speaker 3: Say that that's a good one. Every Yeah, oh that's a good one.
Speaker 2: P V Farm said, would y'all rather erase your worst memory or relive, relive the best one. Big shout out to y'all. Oh, erased my worst one, damn race the first erase the worst one. Absolutely hell yeah, bro. People don't believe when I say this, O Joe. The losses hurt more than the winds feel good. Yeah yeah, I mean, look, I won three super Bowls. The three Super Bowls that I won still does not bring the kind of pain and disappointment and sadness and anguish like losing to Jacksonville in the division around the playoffs I won. I know, I wasn't twelve playoff games in the room, y'all.
Speaker 3: Y'all lost to Mark Brunell and huh we did, Jimmy and Keenan Tron means Tree Nontron was there? Fred tk Later, Yeah, I played against Fred t but Fred wasn't there. Ne Tron means was was the running back then? Okay? Well of them? Boy was nice for oh they were.
Speaker 2: And that's why when I heard Shan Shah Khan, the owner, say this is the most talent of Jacksonville, I said, man, youbout your mind? Is that team that you got ain't even close. It ain't close to none of those teams like ninety five, ninety six to like two thousand and one.
Speaker 3: Close and most talented? Yes? At what position? None? None? None? He on the team? You damn sure, ain'ty good at the receivers? Oh? Do they realize how good Jimmy and Keenan was? I don't think they probably they probably don't. They probably don't.
Speaker 2: Okay, And then you had you had a baseila, what line would you got? Basella's in the Hall of Fame had he not got injured. I don't know really people realize how good Baselli was?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Tonyi was nice, boy, you were nice.
Speaker 2: Y'all don't know what I'm making racing? Get out of here about we know what uncle racing. Y'all don't know nothing with y'all close. Uh uh T said, who's gonna have a better game?
Speaker 3: Hurt sir Stroud? Where's this game being played in Philly or Houston?
Speaker 5: And that's that's gonna that's gonna be a good one. But he listen, Strouder have a good game. But they could run the goddamn ball. The god damn Jailen Carter showed up last week.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I don't know what the hell he ate before that game. My goodness, but he was getting destructive.
Speaker 5: If him, enjoyed, if him and enjoying David get on the same page and figure it out right now.
Speaker 2: Oh, he's saying, who's gonna have the better game? Oh yo, he said, who's gonna have the better game? They're not playing, but who do you think?
Speaker 3: Oh? The Texas play okay, the Texas play the Jags right. Oh? And the Eagles at home.
Speaker 2: I got to I got to take Oh, I'm taking Stroud, Yeah, I gotta go back. Yeah, I'm taking Stroud Boy, Jacksonville a h Jacob Belle, what's the guy that bet that the d Lineman that they took out of University of Georgia?
Speaker 3: Number one? Overall?
Speaker 2: They're probably kicking themselves because Aight and Hutchinson he been kicking ass Anson, Bland boy?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Walker is it? Keavon Walker? No, Trayvon Trayvon Walker? Yeah? Yeah? Do you? Oh, Joe?
Speaker 2: A lot of times you have to be careful because when you look at all those other first round picks and the guy just flashing when he's only playing twenty players a game, now you're asking him to play forty plays, fifty plays, can't hold up. So you got Jordan Davis, you got the line of the d Lineman that went the Green Bay Number one, you got na Kobe Dean. You at all those guys, and so you're like, Okay, bro, he hey, he ain't cutting it right now. It's still earn he still early, but hey, he need to do. But he gotta come come, come up with it now. Yeah, it's time. It's time to show up. O K T O Joe.
Speaker 3: What's your best memory with Chris Henry on or off the field? Oh?
Speaker 5: Man, my best memory off My best Honestly, my best memory with Chris Henry ain't even on the field. It's training camp doing U stream. I'm sure y'all could probably still pull it up.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: Me and Chris used to be on U streaming training camp in a little dorm room. We used to be in Georgetown.
Speaker 3: Man. That's one of my best memories.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: But that's one of the few times I heard Chris talk. Chris don't really talk, you know, he was quiet, man, Chris is really quiet.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: That's one of my favorite memories. Man, is I know there has to be. I don't know if y'all remember you stream. I used to use stream back in the day, was would be equivalent to like like going live on Instagrams. And oh, man, I said, I remember me and Chris used to sit there and stream on U stream. Man, that was so dope, and that was so dope. But I wonder if I could probably find the videos again and if anybody in the chat can find those old videos. Man just just posted to me on Twitter, maybe on my DM on Instagrams, so I could see it again because I haven't seen it since then.
Speaker 3: That's one of my favorite memories. Man, Damn.
Speaker 2: Stacks for four A say, hey, uncle Ocho, Okay, you shout out my girlfriend Lily. She's a senior at g Duve handling her best. She's also a choreographer. Can you wish her luck on her future endeavors? Also shout out o Joe, we're birthday twins. Lily, your boyfriend Stacks four four as they wish you or he wants to give you a shout out. That's it, nothing more, just a shout out because he's proud of you. He said you handle your business at GUB I'm assuming that's George Washington. And she says you also a choreographer, So Hopefully whatever you have planning in your future, hopefully it works out and hopefully Stacks you stay beside her. You stand by her side and let her know she's always got somebody in a corner. So Lily from Uncle Ojoe at nightcap, congratulations, giving you a shout out.
Speaker 3: All the best moving forward, Sir.
Speaker 2: Beside Thompson said, can you tell my fiance Happy birthday? Davonte? Davonte, your fiance says, happy birthday. She's proud of you, and hopefully you guys have many many more birthdays to share together.
Speaker 3: Let this be the Let this be the final one.
Speaker 2: That you guys are not a couple, that you're not a union, that you're not man and wife, husband and wife.
Speaker 3: So I'm proud of you guys.
Speaker 2: Much love, much success, and keep us updated to win the enough just take place, chop it up, witty, Oh, I think that camp live stream of you and oo give it live commentary.
Speaker 3: Well, watching NFL games would go crazy, would y'all do it? I don't really like talking with the game on, I'll be talking. I'm going crazy. Curse you damn much. Man, That's why. That's why I don't be cursing. But I be.
Speaker 5: I couldn't y'all know my patience, so I couldn't do no play by play. They had me goddamn booth man man the fuck your Oh shoot my bad.
Speaker 3: I couldn't do no play.
Speaker 2: Yeah we could do it, Yeah, we could do it. I think there would be like a couple of some opportunities, but the right opportunity needs to come.
Speaker 3: Right opportunity comes. I think that's something we're throwing had into. Uh hey, can you imagine me and you, me and you calling the game? No, I don't want to call the game.
Speaker 2: No, hell no, mm hmmm. I just want to be watching it. Couse, Oh Joe, you got to study. I ain't trying to do no film study. I got enough for my plate with forty with four shows of this, taping one to two shows of Club shit shape and first Take, and taking meetings.
Speaker 3: Well, I ask take a lot of the meetings. But she gives me. She gives me a synopsis or summary. No, so h, I do. I'll be watching the game on mute. I do, I do. I don't everybody hate it? But I watched TV like that and here can we watch this? Sound?
Speaker 2: I was like, but I'm going upstairs you have a TV at entertainer room. I'm going upstairs because I don't want to hear it. Man, Guys, we want to thank you so much for joining us tonight. Thanks for standing up. I know the game wasn't the greatest, but you know, I mean, but look, it's a game. I mean, it's football, it's CENTFL football. I know we wanted it to be entertaining and you know, scoring and but hey, yeah, yeah. The Cowboys win twenty to fifteen over the Giants.
Speaker 3: Move to two and two.
Speaker 2: The Giants fall at one and three. Now they have ten days off, the regroup. Any injury, any bumps and bruises. You got some extra time off, so they'll probably have Friday, Saturday, Sunday off. Come in Monday, get some treatment, get some running in Ojoe. You get Tuesday off, and then you're right back at it.
Speaker 3: No wins.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so congratulations to the Dallas Cowboys. They win twenty fifteen over the Giants. Guys, thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. I am your favorite unk, shouting Sharp, He's your favorite. Number eighty five, the Rock Runner, Extraordinary, Liberty Cities own the Pro Bowlers, the All Pro the Cincinnati Bengo Legend Ring of Fame Honoree.
Speaker 3: That's Chad Ocho Senko Johnson, but you can just call them Ojo.
Speaker 2: Guys, make sure you go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from, and remember every subscriber. Thank you, guys for supporting not only Ocho and myself on Nightcap, but the support and love that you've given me with Club Shayshae. You follow me a lot of you guys that follow me from CBS to FS one now the first take and I do my own thing digitally. Guys, thank you for being rock solid in my corner and I really really appreciate that because I know those that rock with me rock with me all the time, and I appreciate that. Please make sure you go check out Shaved by Laportier. If you don't have it in a city or a state near you, we're gonna be in about fourteen to sixteen states by the end of the year. But if we're not there yet, you could order it from my site and we'll ship it directly to your door. Please make sure you go follow my social media my media company page that Shay Shaped Media on all platforms and my clothing Company eighty four. The unkin Oho t's are back in stock. I repeat, the unkin Oho t's are back in stock. And if you ordered merch in the last three weeks, it's started shipping out this week. Thank you, guys for the support for the for the merch. Thank you guys for supporting us on Nightcap. Thank you for supporting me on Club shay Shape, First take Nightcap. Wherever you supported me, I greatly greatly appreciate that. I'm humbled and I'm honored again. The Cowboys beat the Giants twenty fifteen. Cowboys two and two, Giants fall to one and three. I'm up, He's O Joe where Nightcap. We'll see you Saturday.
Speaker 3: The volume