Speaker 1: Coach, the energy out there felt different. What changed for the team today?
Speaker 2: It was the new game day scratches from the California Lottery players.
Speaker 3: Everything. Those games sent the team's energy through the roof.
Speaker 1: Are you saying it was the off field play that made the difference on the field.
Speaker 2: Hey, little play makes your day, and today it made the game.
Speaker 1: That's all for now, coach, one more question play the new Los Angeles Chargers, San Francisco forty nine ers and Los Angeles Ram scratchers from the California Lottery. A little play can make your day. Peace made responsibily. Must be eighteen years or older to purchase late or claim.
Speaker 4: Top three lessons that you guys learned or took away from investments.
Speaker 5: Once ago.
Speaker 4: I'll start. I think, you know, I always listen when billionaires speak. I listened when everybody speaks, but I'm very, very intended to when billionaires speak.
Speaker 5: So I was like a stunt right there. That's reality. I mean, how people have conversations with billionaire.
Speaker 4: No, not having this conversations one. I don't have to have a opversation to here somebody. So I didn't have a conversation with Dan Cathy, but I heard him speak. So when Dan Cathy, he was using a lot of analogies and he was saying, how you know, uh, orchestra, every every person in the orchestra has to has to perform at a high level for the music to sound how it's supposed to sound. And he said, never dumbed down the music based off of the talent of the orchestra. Get better talent in the orchestra to fit the composition of.
Speaker 5: The mood of the music.
Speaker 4: That extremely valuable gym for entrepreneurs, business owners, just people in general. Another thing that I took away was Tyler Perry when he told us about partnerships working together and he was like, the problem that most people have is they try to get too much too fast. He's like, there's nothing wrong with getting small pieces, because you're getting small pieces here. He's like five to ten just small pieces of different things, as opposed to just trying to get a large chunk of something up front, which could potentially ruin a relationship or run a deal. And I thought that that was valuable because he's somebody who has done probably the best job of maintaining his independence, but he understands even that there's still value in collaboration. So even when he was talking about like you know, working with BT and he's like, you know, there's certain he doesn't You don't have to do every single thing yourself. You you know what I'm saying, There's nothing wrong with partnerships, collaborations, small pieces here and there, and the way he kind of broke it down, it made a lot of sense to me, even you know, him working with Hollywood Studios, written his studio a lot, So that was something that was real big for me as far as that that collaborative effort, that collaborative piece that he that he said, and then also from Steve Harvey, what I got from him was that perception is not always reality, but you can't worry about that. You just got to keep going. And when we told the White House Story, which will be putting that out soon, but people are very fickle and people will love you today and they'll hate you tomorrow. But you can't worry about that, Like you can't, you know, worry about what people on the internet are talking about. You just got to stay focused on what you're doing. Because winning is don't have time to talk about other people. Only losers talk about other people. So if you're winning, you just got to stay focused, keep the blinders on, move forward, and people will come back around. Even if they hate you today, they're gonna love you tomorrow. That's just how it works. And that happened to him a few times, a Miss Universe thing, the Donald Trump thing, and now he's back on top. So you just got to stay the course. So those are three things that I took away from three different people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's incredible, So I'm gonna start. The first thing I wrote him down was the value of humility. And this is it was so random. I was walking out of backstage, actually going into the vendor marketplace, and I see this gentleman with this sky blue braiser on. He had like four bags in his hand, and I saw like one of the staff just randomly walking with him. And the young lady walked up to me and said, can you help this man. He's trying to find the speakers where the speakers are supposed to go. And I looked at her and she had no idea who the gentleman was. And I looked at I said, mister Cathy, I'll take it from here. I'll walk in where you need to go. And he looked at me and said, hey, how you doing. What's your name. I'm like, Troy, my pleasure to meet you. And he was like, oh, pleasure is online.
Speaker 5: Here's a card.
Speaker 2: You gave me a Chick fil A car. Then Kathy is the former CEO of Chi fil A who passed it down here. Obviously he had a conversation with David Shan's but he was just he was just trying to find his way, right, And so I I loiced the ba. He had about four bags and I said, look with all these bags and he said, I was just walking around the marketplace and people just kept giving me things, so I kept taking it. I actually got a cool cigar, and in my mind, I'm like wow, like this guy, literally the wealthiest man in that room was Dan Catty walked around unassuming.
Speaker 5: It felt like it was an episode of Undercover Boss.
Speaker 2: I'll be honest with you because every time he walked and no one realized.
Speaker 3: Who he was.
Speaker 2: I mean he had he had a badge on with his name on it, and people still didn't realize it was him.
Speaker 5: And I was just like wow.
Speaker 2: Even with that, like the humility that he showed every time he met someone, it was so impressive. It was how are you doing? Nice to meet you, what do you do? What brought you here?
Speaker 5: What do you do?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 5: Are you like? I watched him.
Speaker 2: I introduced him to don People's and I was in awe because They're having this billion dollar conversation right in front of me. He wanted to know about the Affirmation Tower, Donague Peoples wanted to hear about what he was doing in the West side of Atlanta, and I'm just sitting there like, this is what investments is like, these type of conversations, putting people in positions in the rooms where these conversations could be facilitated. And even after that, he's looked at me and said, thank you for showing me around. I appreciate it. Let's take some pictures, and I'm like wow. Like to have his level of success, but to also have his level of humility was incredible. So that was my first thing, the second one, and I kind of lived by it. And I know he gets frustrated with me sometimes, but it looks I look at the sky. I look at the sky, and Steve referenced it when he gave that reverdence of looking at the wall and Tyler kind of gave it during his interview when he's like, if I'm looking at the lights, I don't know what people are doing in the seats, So I got to focus on the lights. So like anybody's saying anything like I always you know this, Like you say something about me that you're not gonna hear reply because I know what the focuses. I cannot be I will not be not that I cannot be distracted, I will not be distracted. And so just having out laser focus on the bigger picture, the bigger vision, and not being distracted, not letting anybody take me off my path.
Speaker 5: And so to hear him confirm that, I.
Speaker 2: Was like, ah, yeah, and sometimes it's not the easiest thing to do.
Speaker 5: But I know it's the right thing to do.
Speaker 3: I'm learning, trust me, I'm trying.
Speaker 2: Like we go, we go back and forth with that, like, nah, some things need to be addressed right now, because it needs to be addressed. I'm like, nah, bro, let's let's let's just it don't matter. It don't matter. So we go back and forth. And the third thing was that impact has no boundaries, Like impact has no boundaries. The amount of conversations that I heard from the people who were in attendance this weekend was incredible, and the stories came from all over. They came from all types of different professions, they came from all different backgrounds.
Speaker 5: But you just never know. You never know what one episode or one piece of information can do. I actually last night was talking to a gentleman. I told him, I have to change my story now.
Speaker 2: I used to say that people were showing me like, hey, they made one hundred thousand dollars in their brokerage account, and it was because of the piece of information. This gentleman last night, said Troy. I started listening to market Moneys in April of twenty twenty one. I have seven figures in my BROKERASU, but y'all I can't pay y'all for what y'all done.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And so, like.
Speaker 2: You just never know where the message is going or where the impact is going to go.
Speaker 5: So that's why you just got to keep delivering.
Speaker 2: You just got to keep delivering, and you kind of keep adding value and kind of like what we're doing tonight is just continuously be consistent with that because you never know, you never know what one piece of information can do for somebody.
Speaker 4: Let me just follow up that real quick before you go to Dan Cathy. First of all seven thousand people on YouTube hit the like button, please you guys, and cappy situation is interesting. He came early one, So Dan Cathy's worth seven billion dollars. You should know that because it's important. So he came early, he's on time early, and he has a he has a suit on. He's very unassuming type of guy, like probably like five six something like that, five to seven, and he has a like a jacket blazer.
Speaker 5: With a name tag.
Speaker 4: And his name tag said Dan T. Kathy. And the position it didn't say CEO, it didn't say it doesn't say any of that. It says customer service. That's his title, Dan T. Kathy, Customer Service. And he came by himself, not not one person came by himself with a Chick fil A bag and a Chick fil A name tag and uh was just walking into vend the marketplace. So I say that to say there's a few different lessons in that. You never know who is speaking to Now if you read the name tag, even if you if you didn't watch Mark Moneies and here is telling you who Dan Cathy was, you might have really thought he was customer service. You might have thought he was customer service, So he might have a billionaire might have been at your booth having a conversation with you, and you might have saw a customer service on his name tag, and you might have thought that he was customer service for chick fla. You might not have known that you was literally speaking to somebody worth seven billion dollars.
Speaker 5: It's not even might. That's the crazy. But it's not even might. He somebody's listening to this right now because he was at the vendor booth.
Speaker 4: To say it's important to get to places early first. That's that's the.
Speaker 5: Big tea, Ernest, what's up?
Speaker 2: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, the seats of digital tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square? We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners. Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence.
Speaker 5: All from one simple system.
Speaker 2: If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work of boring, and sure, they definitely can be, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to safe plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live a more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association member FDIC.
Speaker 6: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast? Easy? Just use Indeed. Stop struggling to get your job post seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer. Speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod katz thirteen. Just go to Indeed dot com slash pod katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you.
Speaker 4: Need because all the vendors wasn't even there yet because it was before ten o'clock. So it's important to be early because you never know what could happen, and it's important to just speak to everybody like you never know who you're talking to, so.
Speaker 3: You never know, you never know what happened.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was real under couple of boys.
Speaker 3: The young lady.
Speaker 2: I was like at the I was leading, I'm like, man, that do you know what it is? He was like noah, he just was like he was lost. I'm like, okay, no problem, he's going to be on stage in a little bit. He'll let you know who he is.
Speaker 3: All right, Ian, what's your what's some of your lessons?
Speaker 7: Number one lesson combination of Steve and tobd. So it was when Steve was like, don't focus on your hater. So when I was talking to Bed, you know, to be cool as a thing, He's like yeah, bro, like anytime anybody, hey, just help the people that love you more, and help the audience more and me and tie and down and people was talking about it. It's like, well, if we get any pushback, just take that energy and push it back into rad Panda, into the community, to earners, like to give more, make people more. So like the supreme focus that Steve's has, I can see how he can take adversity and use it as energy and channel it into something bigger, because let's not like Steve has reinvented himself a couple of times and not act like he isn't one of the best business moguls there is right now. Lesson number two, I think it's really important even as you grow to show love and remain a fan of people that you were fans of before. Like just I'm seeing you know me show love the keys, Trap, Matt him five hundred come through Maddie, Like it's so much because I know we always talk about collaboration, but not often do we go out of our way to express love. So Trap brought me out last year he was about to go out. I grabbed the mic. I said, Bro, I got to bring you out. Trap had tears in his eye. I'm like, bro, why you dope? And Son like you made room for me, created a path to make it easier for me, and then he returned in favor the next day. So I think I really showing love and Tramp and I don't have like an affiliate arrangement or LLC behind the scenes, like it's just genuine love us. And I think if more people did that, I think the economies will become even bigger and will quintuple and maybe a two or three year period because now you have synergy between the audiences.
Speaker 3: And then number three just help the most.
Speaker 7: That all the people that I saw who have the greatest impact, Tyler Perry, Steve Dan, they just help the most people. That's why I got so emotional when I was on stage, like feeling that love from everybody in the crowd, because whether you've seen the show one time and you know you don't like some of my takes, but you can't deny that. Like I give my all to try and share like hedge Fund level of information to our community for free so you guys can make money from it, and the outpouring like when you're real and I know people ask you guys all the time about building a brand the core of it. Like in white communities they may say authentic, be authentic, and our community.
Speaker 3: Will say keep it real.
Speaker 7: Universally, the more honest and really you are, the more people will gravitate to you. Like I met some brothers at the AMID Business event holl from Florida in real estate. They're like, Hey, Matt doing a seminar. I'm like, Matt doing it. He like yeah, I'm like, man, I'll do it. He like, what's you gonna charge with him?
Speaker 3: Like nothing? If Matt doing it, I know, y'all got to be legit. He was like, bro, I appreciate it did to drop there. So it's just like about giving more.
Speaker 7: But seeing how gracious Steve was taking time to say how to everybody, Marjorie like to be the whole team. I think the answer is just to give more, be kind, and stay incredibly focused. I mean, it was a thousand games I took away, but those were the main three.
Speaker 4: Shout out to Dame Dash and DJNB. They had a moment all so that was a when I trap. He was like, he's watching it backstage and he was like, y'all just realized what y'all did. Like to me, that was one of the most legendary moments I've investments too, because Dame Dash helped set the tone for financial literacy, this whole movement seven years ago, however long it was when he went on to Breakfast Club shot at the Wall Street Travel with the five hundred dollars super chat and he won a breakfast club and had that you know that that episode and he was going at and be kind of you know he was having kind of a you know, ad answer. But that's part of life. You know, Brothers argue, brothers fight, but ultimately, you know, maturity always wins out. And I thought that that was very big of dj Envy to say in front of twelve thousand people that he thanked Dame Dash and said that he gave him an opportunity early on, and he's grateful for that opportunity and he's appreciation. He has a high level of appreciation for Dame Dash. So I thought that that was dope for that to happen on invest best stage to come full circle, full circle moment for the culture.
Speaker 3: No Trump, get those on.
Speaker 4: Trap, send him to zoom link.
Speaker 5: Please, let's let's see Trap. I'm about to send it to you right now.
Speaker 7: Come on, if you're interested to get the people five minutes please, let's let's see, let's see the problem.
Speaker 4: Let's get him on if he's interested in coming on. In the meantime, we'll get some questions going to as we wait for Trapped, do a last minute market.
Speaker 3: Monday's surprise, you said, and Josh so go to like that energy.
Speaker 2: I mean, he was like, we had a great conversation about that earlier. He was just like what that meant? Right? It was like, come away, he comes from speaking how he speaks, for giving so much information and so much knowledge is so much passion. It just meant so much to him to stand next to you know, something or entity, right, because when people think Josh Brown, they see Frank Collin, they think traditional financial education.
Speaker 5: And to have him on the stage to show him like, look, this is the.
Speaker 2: Way we can educate our people as well, it was just a dope moment, you know, like he could stand his ground with anybody in the field, and so that meant a lot to him, and it meant a lot for us to make sure that moment was curated just that that way. So it was dope, man, Like, that's our brother. We've been on this journey for three years now, man, so to see his growth has been incredible, to see the growth in all the all the guys like him for we had a great conversation with as well. So it's it's dope, man.
Speaker 4: I always got always got a trick up with sleeve. I went to I went to the Rick Ross's sprinter van and I saw the recession proof jersey.
Speaker 5: I said that we even say that we just like he's he always got a trick, got the mascots.
Speaker 7: But it's a good lesson, like with an opportunity that big even for me, like the prep time for the stage show, like for those who haven't seen me live. Man, please if the performance was fired, please put fire and chat and let the people know like you have like because peoples like Man, I wanted to see you at the party.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I'm gonna be real with you. If I don't perform, I'm gonna.
Speaker 7: Be at the party which are every year and never I'm going after Tyler got to put some ship out every year and set the bar higher on stage shows. Shout out to everybody in the rebellion. So and it's a good business lesson when you have a moment when people are not looking at you as necessarily as a star of celebrity, right, you have to perform like a star. Because I'm never thinking of people in the financial space. I'm like, shit, what if the boy Drake come get up here and he learned futures because he's doing a gambling thing.
Speaker 4: Well that's what I come up here. This is a good lesson that Chris Gotti, one of my favorite people. He told us. He said, this is early on episode number episode thirty three, twenty three, Earn your Lisia, and he said something that I'll never forget. He said, you know when you go to clubs and like at the end of the club, they'll play like a local artist, like the DJ is just trying to break a record, but when they play it, it doesn't sound the same because it's not mixed and mastered properly. So he was like, the problem is that that local independent artist is not competing with local independent artists. They're competing with Drake and they complete, they're competing with Rihanna, so the quality of the music has to sound the same. And I told I told Mike that early we had was having issues with audio and I told them, I said, look, the white kids that we just started a podcast, we're not competing with and just started a podcast. We're competing with CNBC. We're competing with you know, all of these guys at the top, Like that's our competition. Even though we just started. We're on the same podcast charts, so we can't say, oh, we just started, so you know, give us some time. We have to compete with the people at the highest level. If we want to be at the highest very important lesson, very very important.
Speaker 3: You can't have any law, any business gone.
Speaker 5: Please listen.
Speaker 3: Everything that you do has to be a level up because.
Speaker 7: Like honestly, people are picking between invests, US Baseball not going live streaming, So you have to make it entertaining also too, to also deliver information that's impactful, that it's practical and put on this stage show. It's really tough, but that's what our people are coming to see. It's not just information, it's not just entertainment. You need a combination of both. And for anybody who joined off, I want to say this too. Once I get all the emails, you guys get tied up in Star Club next week, so I just wanted to make that announcement, so you'll be in next Monday after I get the emails.
Speaker 3: But make sure as a business owner, you shock.
Speaker 7: On the same innoventive space trap phenomenal space and five hundred phenomenal space, and everything has to get bigger and bigger, and you have to continue to level up across the board.
Speaker 4: My graduates from my school being forced back drop drop, Mike drop.
Speaker 8: Drop, an illegal alien from Guatemala, charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 5: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,