Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Cavino and Rich Podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to be four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for Covino Rich at Foxsports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app by searching f SR. Hey, that's us, Yeahnis, Steve Cavino and Rich Davis. That's who I'm Steve. That's Rich, Steve Covino, the guy that DM Lombard Junior trying to become his friend before it becomes too popular.
Speaker 2: That's right, man, I want to come on the show.
Speaker 3: My new bestie, George Lombard Junior. I hope you had a George Lombard Junior sort of night last night. Oh are you gonna have a Ted Lasso night tonight?
Speaker 1: Lasso's back, Big Mic and I were just saying, Ted Lasso my favorite fictional athlete other than wild Thing.
Speaker 2: Rick Vaughan.
Speaker 1: You just like Ted Lasso caause you look like and with a mustache.
Speaker 2: Shut your mouth.
Speaker 4: I think it's getting good reviews. Let me tell you.
Speaker 2: If you don't like Ted Lasso, I question your heart.
Speaker 4: Ooh fighting word, really do it's getting better reviews than your Will Ferrell show.
Speaker 1: Well, I admit that the only thing cool about The Hawk, which I loved, was the dope est theme song The.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: I apologize for bringing that show. Dan by Ready to go.
Speaker 3: Danny g is on the phones today seven seven ninety nine on Fox. We got Iowa Sam this hour with Midweek Major. We're gonna go over the biggest stories in sports and pop culture and decide together are these stories midwek or Major? We do that every midweek every Wednesday. Dan Byer's here with your updates. But before we get into Mike who runs his take? You know Coldstone Mike, who's you Mike? You can see him.
Speaker 1: You actually can watch the show right now streaming live at Coveno and restrects us are. Yeah, I know. I had ice cream. I I twice last week. We had our big uh our nice little treat for our friends of dairy Queen yea god. And then I took my daughter to Coldstone Creamery and I thought of my Coldstone Mike, Oh, you gotta get cake batter one with the brownie. Well, before we get into Mike the birthday cake remix. I think it's called okay Oh I just want to you know, I do want to get some Mike's idea or Mike's take on this too, before we get into it. I just want to let you know what else is coming up later on in the show. And we promise we talk about Justin Herbert.
Speaker 2: Here's the deal.
Speaker 3: They're at training camp and Justin Herbert's there, and I know what he's doing, having a picnic, doing stretches. He's on the floor, smochy, smoochy. I'm just seeing pictures here. I haven't seen actual footage of this, but I'm seeing pictures of Justin Herbert and his new fiance. Again, beautiful girl. I get it, and you break all the rules for beautiful women.
Speaker 2: We all do.
Speaker 4: We're suckers.
Speaker 3: But Madison Beer is there and she's on the field. I don't know if they're like, if he's serenading her, if he's playing guitar, if they're having a picnic drinking champagne, if she's helping him stretch. I can't tell what's happening. But she's on the field with the guy, and it looks like they're what are they called little nome kisses. Looks like they're a little snuggling up.
Speaker 1: You have a problem with that? You know they're Yeah, but I don't know if that's politically correct.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you say that.
Speaker 1: I don't think you can't be racist in.
Speaker 2: Dancing. Who's offended you? I kissed that. We don't kiss like that. I don't even want to. They don't want to be called?
Speaker 6: Is that truth?
Speaker 2: Is that a true thing? Yeah? Are you serious? Are you trolling me? The correct term is you can't say eskimo. You cannot eskimo is on the list of possibly offensive terms.
Speaker 1: So it looks like if you and your buddy hooked up with the same girl, you're no longer brothers.
Speaker 3: Who knows, We don't know the rules. We're just trying to be respectful. Right, Things change and change as I'll tell you.
Speaker 1: What I learned that it's a when my kids entered pre k t K. Now how you sit these days? Criss cross apple sauce?
Speaker 2: Yeah? No more uh Indian style? Right?
Speaker 1: Did you see that clip of Keith Hernandez, one of my favorites. They talked about the Boston Braves on the Mets telecast last night, and Keith it at this that's raving about how much he loved that logo, and it's like the very racist looking logo, right, and the guy grounds into a double play and Gary Cohen goes, thank god, that saved us from an awkward moment.
Speaker 3: You're talking about the Braves, right, I'd say racist depending on who you asked.
Speaker 1: Right, some people may be proud of it. You know.
Speaker 3: I'll try to pull that clip later. Now I'm looking at the picture here. There's a picture again of Madison Beer and Justin Herbert at Chargers training camp. Looks like she's fixing his hair, like he wears that thing in his hair.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're both running their hands through each other.
Speaker 1: Use of the word canoodling at training camp on the field.
Speaker 3: Now, dude, new love is great. Young love is great. I'm not hating on their love. What I'm saying is there's a time and place for renegades, and there's a time and place for canoe and I'm not sure training camp, even though she's Madison Beer, is that place I have a girlfriend? Has she ever been here when we're on the air, fixing my hair?
Speaker 1: Think about it? Think about that, because rich is all about it. One touch your hair? How do you that is true? Not even my girlfriend, how do you feel about PDA? Even worse PDA at the workplace? That's how I look at it, all right, let's let's put that into think about it. Let it simmer. Look up the picture we're talking about. I'm gonna think about it, and you know what I'm also gonna look up for later that Keith andanders Cliff. I think you guys will find it very far. Let's go to Mike. It's time for his take.
Speaker 6: Let's go to microphone assassinated. It's time for Mike. Who runs this take?
Speaker 5: Who?
Speaker 7: Big Mike may get to be in charge of the segment, but he still doesn't run this place. He really doesn't even run this segment when you think about it, because this Mike can be turned off by Sam at any moment.
Speaker 5: May be true, but Big Mike does get to pick the topic and then cn our offer their strong opinions on it. Consider it a warm up to Midweek Mature Mike who rubs this take? Who?
Speaker 1: Mike cold Stone? Mike, what's up?
Speaker 2: Mike? Hello? Gentlemen, how are you good to see her? What's up? Man?
Speaker 4: Get ready for my strong opinion? What'd you take?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: All right? Here to get a little warm and get some warm up in. Yeah. So today we are talking about relationship and or dating advice not always the same. They can be the same, but dating and being in a relationship can be two different things. So I pulled a clip that I would like to play for you, a famous piece of dating advice. What's the door? All right?
Speaker 6: Listen to me.
Speaker 8: You'll pull up right where she is right, So we get out of the car. You lock both doors, You get out of the car, You walk over the hub and bring her over to the car. You take out the key, put in the lock, open the door for and you let her get in. Then you close the doll on her. Then you walk around the back of the can. You look through the rear window. If she doesn't reach over, lift up that button field so you can get in.
Speaker 2: Just like that.
Speaker 8: Listen to me, kid, if she doesn't reach over, lift up that button field so you can get in. That means she's a selfish broad and all you've seen is the tip of the iceberg.
Speaker 2: You dump, but you dump a fest.
Speaker 1: That's the dump door test from a rockstail.
Speaker 2: But classic.
Speaker 1: I'm a fan of the Mario test. Though you remember the Mario test.
Speaker 2: The Mario test.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was from the scene from the moment. There was another story from the film called the Mario Test.
Speaker 1: The Mario test is, uh, how Mary went through all that effort to find the princess and the castle and.
Speaker 6: Your friend Marios and Moron.
Speaker 1: It involves driving up next to a truck and if she continues.
Speaker 4: Ah Mario.
Speaker 3: But yeah, the door test is a classic movie example of great love advice for sure. And by the way, I watched that movie with my daughter recently. Still holds up. It's a it's sure better. It's a period it's a period piece. So a lot of period pieces will hold up bronxtail.
Speaker 1: So Mike pose the question for the millions that could possibly be listening right now.
Speaker 2: I want to hear your best advice. What like we have here on this show. We've got, you know, Dan, buyers are happily married, rich, happily married. I'm happily married, and we also have happily divorced.
Speaker 1: We have happily divorced, we have happily single. He's the ambassador of the divorced. That's called that's right.
Speaker 2: It's we've got representation from all aspects of where you might be in a romantic relationship, from looking for a romantic relationship to having been in one or being in a long term one. I want to hear from you, guys. What is your best advice? What is the one thing.
Speaker 3: That maybe we're gay told you or somebody told you. What do you got to tell somebody else?
Speaker 2: And then I will share with you the definitive advice that everybody needs to hear when embarking a long term or life.
Speaker 3: You know you made me think of while people think of their you know, their wisdom and their advice they want to give and share. Please call eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: Maybe the coolest one will give you a summer prize pack or something. Right Danny G eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox, Call us Now, I got.
Speaker 4: Got a box of the grilling aprons right here my feet.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 1: You know he made me think of because he played a bronxtail.
Speaker 3: I was one time. I was out one time with an ex girlfriend. I gotta clean this up for the radio, haha. And you know we were from Jersey. I'm from Jersey. It was in the Hoboken area, I think, and I'm out there with my young girlfriend. We were all young at the time, you know, in our twenties or whatever. But she was like a big time looker, like I look like a young little boy, and I was like with a really pretty girl, right, why don't you brag about it? Oh, this is the true story. I'm telling you why this happened. So I'm sitting there and uh, these fat Italian guys rest in peace, big pussy pastor like guys like that Bubby Bucalau, Right, They're looking. They're like, look at this guy. Look at his schlob with this this girl over here. That's basically what they're thinking, Hey, look at his guy, what is he the wait, there's something was he doing?
Speaker 1: Thought that about you? Most girls you've been with? So they hey you and I go me. He's like, yeah, get over here, and I'm I'm like a young guy. I'm not gonna say no. They pull me into the table because everyone thinks they're gangster sopranos guys New Jersey changes me by the cheek and he goes, hey, sit down, and he pinches this fat Italian guy pinches my cheek like something out of a mob movie for real, and he's like, hey, is that your girl over there?
Speaker 3: I'm like, yeah, it is okay, you with a girl like that? Like yeah, and he goes, you know how you keep it?
Speaker 2: Oh, how are you gonna clean this up? On this story?
Speaker 1: He pitches my cheek real hard, and then he takes his meat hooks and puts them behind my neck and pulls me in real close, and he says something about I learned how to bleezer in the bedroom, something like that, something like that, you got to learn how to see to say.
Speaker 2: We ended up breaking up, like special but true story.
Speaker 1: And he said something very specific, but I'll never forget it. And I was like, man, gross, l you know special, more information than I needed from a random guy.
Speaker 2: Dude, I'll never forget it. A good night fellas, okay, I will take that to maybe you just weren't doing it. I never came through. Maybe you just weren't doing it right.
Speaker 1: But your your best truth And all these are relations Mike, I'm specializing in relationship advice.
Speaker 2: Okay, I got five of them.
Speaker 1: Oh geez, this is a relationship expert.
Speaker 2: You don't get ahead.
Speaker 1: It says it on his business card. You know, I probably as usual hijacking my segment, Mike, I know significantly more about dating than sports. I'm very well capable of doing like a relationship show.
Speaker 4: This is your podcast.
Speaker 3: Then again, you haven't been singing on a long ass time. I don't you know how to keep a relationship, to pick your one or two best ones?
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know the world of apupdating and all that now. But nothing dynamics between men and women and gay couples and anything. It's still the same, like nothing changes, just different paths. Right, these are quickies, Mike, so I can give you all five. Okay, I think early on in a relationship you need to go to a comedy club with someone. You need to see what she laughs at, because if she doesn't laugh at sophomore jokes or any type of naughty jokes, you might be If the comedian tells a naughty joke and she's like, eh, maybe she's not for you, and you might immediately be like, then we're not Like if those type of jokes make her go oh, then not for me?
Speaker 2: Well what if what if they make you go too? Nothing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys are on the sand, not for rich, but maybe for somebody else.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: Rule number two.
Speaker 4: Things that make you go.
Speaker 1: Things that make you You got that.
Speaker 2: These football better than things that make you go.
Speaker 4: You gotta take a girl. Don't never again cleaning everything up.
Speaker 2: You never do that again.
Speaker 6: I think we shoul dump that.
Speaker 1: Actually, you know how many people listening right now just pulled over and vomited.
Speaker 9: I just dumped out a lot of content. You tell me to dump, I'm gonna dump. Whether you're joking or not.
Speaker 4: Vomits all over this place.
Speaker 1: I think you have to take a girl to Teppanyaki hibachi. And when the hibachi chef goes around and he tries to see if someone wants to catch the little cut up piece of vegetable or the shrimp, if a girl's like no, I look at that as like you're not fun enough to be with me.
Speaker 4: Wow, It's.
Speaker 1: It's an indicator of like she's not fun. You're on a date, and Rick just wants to know if she likes zucchini or not.
Speaker 6: That's what it is.
Speaker 2: I know, I really just want to know are you? Are you fun?
Speaker 1: If a girl, if anyone at the hibachi tables like if you don't like rich is not dating.
Speaker 2: But it's never shrimped.
Speaker 3: It's you know, it's always did I know what you're getting at, Like, do they are they going to be played for? Are they going to be fun? Are they going to be willing to again match?
Speaker 4: Rich?
Speaker 1: Rich is the type of guy on vacation when they say do we have any volunteers? Rich is the guy? So you know, so the motor skills. It's a matter of what's a priority to you. But these are good tests I need. I think before you take someone very seriously, you need to see all her friends. Because I made the mistake once of dating a good looking girl and then seeing like she was a good looking girl amongst a posse of like models, and I would have chosen differently had I seen all her friends first. That's very Always see her friends first.
Speaker 3: You might want to preface that with you were twenty something when you thought this shell He I mean twenty something.
Speaker 2: I mean, what are we doing next?
Speaker 10: One?
Speaker 1: I'd say that's fair because you don't want to be sure you're not in love with one of her friends exactly. Yeah, Okay, don't make that decision until you know see all her friends first.
Speaker 2: This is this is as riches. These are riches. I just want to make sure everybody this is all Rich.
Speaker 1: I once told someone told me this once and it stuck with me. You know, people love to be like you know, marriage and relationships are really hard. I don't think they should be. I've been in hard relationships. If you're with someone that you click the right way, of course you're gonna have your little battles and struggles. But I don't think marriage should be hard. I think marriage would be two people that are teammates that are really really working towards a goal, and most of the time you get along. If you if you look at like your data deck, marriage is tough, why would you want to be in that. I don't think marriagehould be hard. I think marriage should be.
Speaker 2: If I may, yes, life is hard enough, Yeah, your marriage should not contribute to that. It should help the hardships that you're going through, yeah, and should be able to support each other when things get difficult, you support each other.
Speaker 1: But the idea of like marriage is hard, like I don't I already have a job. I don't you know, I already have other responsibilities. My marriage should be something that brings me joy, and my wife brings me joy. Okay, So I don't think the whole marriage is hard to deal with it last one.
Speaker 6: Mike Rich has lots of I only wrote one down.
Speaker 3: Rich Rich says he has a thing on his wall says bring me joy and bring me coffee.
Speaker 2: Woman prepared to LOTU cave you no question. Have one of your hot friends do it?
Speaker 1: Covi, you no questioned whether he's like, I don't know if you prep enough? And now I prep and know what does he do?
Speaker 2: He yells at me. Uh huh, I.
Speaker 1: Didn't say anything. Max said, you're taking over his take. Happy wife, happy life is a terrible phrase.
Speaker 6: It really is.
Speaker 1: It's just rhymes.
Speaker 4: I agree with you.
Speaker 2: It's a happy spouse, happy house. You need to make each other happy and make yourself happy.
Speaker 1: Sure, because the happy man that's the plan. See that yourselfish the other way. But I'm saying I hate that. I hate that when some some old guy inevitably stands up at a wedding could.
Speaker 2: Have the microphone. Uncleank everyone in here. I just want to give advice to the newly reads.
Speaker 1: Dylan, you know what they say, happy wife, happy life.
Speaker 2: No lame. I worry about her happiness, but you got to worry about yours.
Speaker 1: Rich has a sign in his kitchen and says happy dude, make.
Speaker 4: Me food woman.
Speaker 2: Woman. All of a sudden, Rich has that sign sounds more like.
Speaker 1: I have a sign that says live life, love woman.
Speaker 2: I want to know what I'm done that I want to hear from single guys. Sam, you hear anything, Sam.
Speaker 9: I say a single first of all, but I would just say, yeah, I mean you're not married.
Speaker 4: I'm not married, but that's also not single.
Speaker 1: Yeah, technically you're you're you know, legally legally legal single.
Speaker 6: Sure.
Speaker 9: I would just for me personally, like if I have to alter my behavior around someone, then they're not right for me. Like if if I just want to be myself crazy, if I feel like I'm I'm having to entertain somebody or just worry about what they're thinking and stuff like natural moments should just come to you both, and if you're both enjoying, you know, moments says they come.
Speaker 2: And that's what I say in line with the advice I'm going to give you. And a few minutes I was.
Speaker 1: Saying, that is a really good one because I know what I love about you Sam as a friend. I love how like when we hang and have a barbecue or something like, I love when Sam is unleashed and very comfortable, like in my house, like like like you're authentic, and I that's so great when you could be yourself around someone and not be guarded, like I hope she doesn't judge you by blaying.
Speaker 9: You might meet someone who you're you're really into, and you're like worried that one misstep might cost you the relationship, and I don't think that's healthy. I think you you you want to be yourself and then they they know you're comfortable and confident.
Speaker 2: To be fair, Sam, I'm not sure you know how to do anything other than be exactly who you are.
Speaker 9: So and that wasn't always the case with me. I had to come at two years to kind of come out of my shelf.
Speaker 2: Great, Danny, G what you got?
Speaker 4: I would say for dating advice, I'll put it in sports terms. When you're first hanging out with a little hotty, don't play press coverage like play zone way off the ball like, be confident, show interest, and be thoughtful in all that. But don't put too much pressure on the person you want to get with, because if you think about all the other guys who are way too much in or kool aid, you'll stand out by being more relaxed.
Speaker 2: You gotta let her come to you.
Speaker 9: Yes, And I feel like that that applies though to especially people dating today, because you it's so easily to get easy to like get.
Speaker 4: Ghosted from maybe being a little bit overbearing. But the opposite applies. What did the opposite apply? Also?
Speaker 1: Where remember when we were youngsters, if you were dating in high school and college in the nineties and two thousands, remember the movie Swingers, Like the three day rule. If you wait three days to hit up someone, now they're on to like the next person.
Speaker 4: I'm not talking about it ioring somebody change.
Speaker 3: I'm surprised Rich didn't say this one because it is Fox Sports Radio and we say it all the time. You got to date someone like a full calendar year to see how their habits change, Like can.
Speaker 1: They put up with your your football habits? You know when you're in front of the TV for six months straight? Like that's one thing I said that when we were on the East Coast, I would say, like, you need to know how they I hate to use the word summer as a verb, but like, are they the girl that's like I'm in a beach club every weekend, I'm going to the Hampton's or Jersey Shore, Like, what's your summer like? And in the fall? Are you cool that every Saturday and Sunday? Like Vino said, are you cool that? Like we're sort of locked into football? Like right, you know?
Speaker 3: Yeah, like you don't if you're a big time sports lover, it's part of your deal or into whatever recreation it is. And they're not. That's a bit of a conflict something you should know. And as a guy that's been through a divorce and I'm not bitter, I'm better, I'd like to say that good therapy talk. Yes, two things that stand out. You gotta make sure they vibe with your family. Number one and again that could change, so there's no guarantee, but it's important because that could be sticky icky.
Speaker 2: And how did they fight? Did they move on.
Speaker 1: And apologize and buy guns? Or bygones are and they say terribly mean things really good, Like if you see that they could fly off the handle and say mean things.
Speaker 4: That you're seeing who they really are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like that's kind of hard in the past, that's really goes on.
Speaker 2: Damn byer, you got anything?
Speaker 6: Yeah, just don't date crazy.
Speaker 2: Date crazy. That might be the most succinct and.
Speaker 6: Yeah, maybe people may think it's fun and exciting at first. Yeah, been there for sure. Yeah I'm not pointing.
Speaker 2: I'm not pointing fingers.
Speaker 1: But there's someone I know, yeah, very closely for twenty plus years that I think sometimes confused like crazy with like exciting and the passion made like.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you the girl I do might have kids.
Speaker 1: Podcast With the call, she openly talks about how her and her husband she seems like a real pain in the ass, Like she'll fight about something and like two days later she's like, I'm still mad at him about that. Thank god, my wife. I'm sure you have short term memory. Like, hey, I always say, like, we have two kids, we have work, we have things going on. I don't have time to keep a silly fight. Yeah yeah, Like I guess what, I'm sorry you over it.
Speaker 2: I'm over it.
Speaker 1: Like if it's a real problem, will address it. But like silly things to be mad at for days at a time.
Speaker 3: The best piece of dating or relationship advice you've ever been given.
Speaker 2: Mike, what do you got? I am? I am going to give you the definitive And it is a very specific piece of advice, and it does incorporate a lot of the stuff that you guys are talking about. I think the biggest issue most people have in a relationship is the incess need to please the other person, to put your best foot forward, which means you never find out what where their freakery is right, because it's not about whether they are a freak or they're not a freak. We're all freaks. We're all weirdos in our own special way. What you need to do is find out what that weirdoness is, what's that freakery is, to see if you're compatible in the screen.
Speaker 1: It's not whether you're is my fly match her fly exactly?
Speaker 2: So so my advice is go to Vegas, go to Atlantic City. Go somewhere where there's going to be excessive partying going on. You are going to lose your inhibitions. You are going to say the stupid crap it's all going to come out me in Vegas, right, Atlantic City, whatever it is.
Speaker 6: Don't go to Atlantic City. That place is awful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got you have a good point, But the whole, the whole idea is to get past the best foot forward stage and find the reality and and learn if you if that's something you can handle? Is that this something you're gonna be able to deal with? Do you? Like Steve was saying earlier, how do how do you fight? Do you can you can you actually have a fight and get over it and get past it? Or are you just are they just mean just mean? Yeah?
Speaker 3: And you know what, before we get to the feedback, it's about advice, right, I think you have to be receptive to advice and taking advice, uh and and constantly working to be better in relationships. And not to tie it back to sports, but we were talking about Anthony Valpi before. One of the biggest criticisms was that he never reached out or got any advice from Derek Cheter none.
Speaker 2: And I've seen interviews with Cheter where he's like, Yeahvolpie's never reached out.
Speaker 1: He's like, yeah, no, I don't really know him that well. Like, you have a guide that could give you so much advice on how to succeed in New York and you never took advice.
Speaker 2: From the guy.
Speaker 3: So you got to look at people who are doing it right. You know, Mike, how long have you been married now?
Speaker 2: Twenty six years? You know, my parents have.
Speaker 1: Been married fifty years, and you got to listen to the things they say, be willing to be receptive to that advice.
Speaker 3: Rich has been in a happy marriage now for how many years? Now, Rich fifteen fifteen years? So the best relationship advice you've ever been given? Your phone calls. We'll take a few now, right there, fire quickly here.
Speaker 4: Brendan in Missouri.
Speaker 1: What's your advice, Bud?
Speaker 10: Yeah, from my rest in peace, my grandpa Art.
Speaker 4: I think it works for a lot of things. But we were talking about my girlfriend a long time ago.
Speaker 10: At the time, his advice was always never change horses mid stream. That's what he always told me.
Speaker 2: Okay, never change horses midst mid stream.
Speaker 4: I'm want to research though.
Speaker 9: I believe that's what George W. Bush said, like, don't don't elect John Carry. You don't want to change horse mid street, just reelect me. No disrespect to Art. I think grass is not always greener. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think what he's saying is finished the new one.
Speaker 3: Yeah. You know what sound advice, That's what it means, sound advice. Appreciate it all right. Brandon in Alaska, Hey, Brandon, Hey, what's up?
Speaker 2: So is hey a longtime listener? First time caller? Thanks? Love your show, authentic, entertaining Grace spin on sports Radio. You guys are the best. Thank you, thanks man. Yeah, thanks for the opportunity. Hey, quicking easy. Don't sweat the petty stuff, only pet the sweaty stuff. Don't don't take it all too serious. Be happy, make your partner happy, move on. Life is good boys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, Rich always says something too.
Speaker 2: That's a good one.
Speaker 4: I feel like we should mail a grilling apron out to Alaska. Yeah, it, I of it. Hang on the line brand.
Speaker 3: To go along with that. Rich often. Don't you have a rule, Rich where you never go to bed angry?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Is that one of your one of your rules. I'm gonna get a plaque made pet the sweaty stuff.
Speaker 4: You should put it right in your office. Don't say it one more time. I had to dump that one last one, last quick call here before we get to midweek. Major Doug in New York, Dougie Doug.
Speaker 2: Hey, guys, love this show.
Speaker 11: Thank you for having me on.
Speaker 6: Thanks man.
Speaker 10: I actually got engaged in Atlantic City, so I take a little resentment on that. Sorry, we're eight months strong, so I'm with that.
Speaker 2: Congratulations.
Speaker 10: I dated previously and we would go out and we would at the bar, be at the bar and they would play like juvenile or baby got back, and my girlfriend at the time would run out to the dance whor like she just got selected in the prices right. And the first time I was like, Holy Lord, And then she did it, second time, third time she was wanting everyone's attention for that song, and I knew then we were not going to make it.
Speaker 2: Thank you. There you go.
Speaker 1: Sometimes someone else wants if you want the attention of others. So much interesting, We got more your feedback and we'll do Midweek Major with Iowa Sam Next an action pack Cavin on.
Speaker 2: Rich right here, Fox Sports Radio. Thanks Mike all right.
Speaker 3: Every sports season built on preparation, studying the trends, making the necessary adjustments to reach the ultimate goal. Investing deserves the same approach, and with weebol, you have access to real time market data, advanced tools, and an intuitive app design to help you make informed decision. Yeah, whether you're actively trading stocks, options, ETFs, some more, or planning for the long term for your kids with iras, cash management, or custodial accounts, we bill gives you the tools to invest your way, all in one platform. We're going to take your preparation to the next level. Check out wee Bole's learn resources. Join their in app community feed to discuss investing trends and happenings alongside twenty five million users globally.
Speaker 1: And now you can help streamline that trading by elevating with Vega. That's wee Bole's AI assistant. You get real time analysis, watch list, insights and alerts when earningstrop.
Speaker 3: Get your financial portfolio game ready. Download the weeble app today or visit wee bol dot com.
Speaker 11: We both financial LLC member SIPCFENRA. Investing involves risk. For more information, visit weepule dot com slash disclosures.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's Rob Parker and Calvin Washington from The Odd Couple on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 4: And in addition to hearing us live weeknights from seven to ten pm SARCH on Fox Sports Radio, we are excited to announce brand new YouTube channel for the show.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: You can now watch The Odd Couple live on YouTube every day.
Speaker 4: All you gotta do search Odd Couple FSR on YouTube again YouTube, Just search Odd Couple FSR, check us out on YouTube and subscribe.
Speaker 2: All right, Smar, you can watch what you hear.
Speaker 3: And watch the show, be part of it and chat live at Coveno on Rich FSR on YouTube at Covino on RICHFSR on YouTube and if you really liked the show. We were telling Danny g before earlier today on our Patreon Uncentered and Unleashed Coveno on Rich Rich did a magic trick and it was so funny because it was so good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, regular Steve Martin over there.
Speaker 1: Yoh dude, I couldn't believe it. Rich's like I learned to what did you call me?
Speaker 3: David Gooberfield, David Gooberfield, David Lame, David Lame. Rich Davis did a trick And it's always fun discussions like the one we just had, like relationships nonsense Covino and Rich on Patreon, Patreon, dot com, Sash Covino and Rich. But love being here on Fox Sports Radio our favorite two hours of the day.
Speaker 4: Now before we go to dB for an update, I didn't want to play that.
Speaker 1: Keith r nad this clip from the game when I told you he brought up the Boston Braves and how he loved the logo.
Speaker 2: But that logo is known as one of the very racist looking.
Speaker 1: So take a listen to this great out of the Mets game yes Sday with Steve Cohen an.
Speaker 8: Early sixties going Milwaukee Braves with the yeah screaming the screaming Indians.
Speaker 2: That was a great logo.
Speaker 5: Well, some people might not think, so send me with the toss to Lindora and on the first for the.
Speaker 4: Four six three double play, which saves us from that awkward conversation.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's not awkward at all after four bets five guardians was It's good conversation.
Speaker 1: Conversation just typical, typical, typical Keith ha Dad, This all right, let's go to dB for an update.
Speaker 2: Damn buy what's going on?
Speaker 7: Mandb Guys, We've got some baseball to talk about. Cubs and Dodgers wrapped up their series at Wrigley this afternoon.
Speaker 4: He's taking that pitch now over and over.
Speaker 2: Did drive to right, going back as Tucker.
Speaker 1: Get out the check measure long.
Speaker 2: Pick Crow Armstrong two run homer, clubs laid five one.
Speaker 7: It was his second home run of the game, twenty sixth of the season. Allowed the Cubs to get some breathing room, and they needed all of it. They beat the Dodgers today seven to six. Dodgers rallied from a seven to one deficit to pull within one. Show Hey Otani homer twice in the losing effort, But the Dodgers have now lost six in a row after the Cubs win today seven to six.
Speaker 6: You're okay with that?
Speaker 2: I'm that too? Yeah? All right?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Moving because that Blue Jays beat the Astros five four and tens.
Speaker 6: That okay with you, Cavino, Just go with that, okay?
Speaker 2: Cool? All right?
Speaker 7: Five to four was the final in ten innings. Rangers moved within a game and a half of first place in the AL West as they topped the Giants today. Six nothing Rays were four nothing winners against the Rockies. Aaron Donald listed on the NFL's transaction report as having a tryout with the Rams, working out with the team or a helmet today. That was the explanation given by Adam Schefter of ESPN, and that's why the Rams had to list him on the transaction report. Commanders are sunning free Agil wide receiver Stefan Diggs to a one year deal. Falcons confirmed dresser Jalen Walker will miss the entire twenty twenty six season. Chiefs took off the naming rights at their home stadium, so it's just back to being an Arrowhead stadium. Preak Mistakes will be moved one week later starting in twenty twenty seven, and we'll be run on a Sunday, now three weeks removed from the Kentucky Derby. Liv Golf says they have struck a deal with the lead investor that will keep the tour alive after twenty twenty six. Also said in a statement, the players on Live will become the majority stakeholders of the tour. No specific details except that this deal, whatever deal it is, could be finalized in September.
Speaker 6: You okay with that? Comino? Okay, Okay, back to you guys.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I have a great night, buddy.
Speaker 1: Now coming up, we are going to get to sam Okay and mid Week Major and you know, we never got to that. We never got to the Justice Herbert PDA conversation. Maybe we talked about that tomorrow or maybe on over promise. So, uh, we can never get to everything, which is why we have that bonus pod, which is a lot of fun. But coming up next the stories you might have missed in Sports and entertainment. Midweek Major with IOWA Sam right here at Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 3: Yeah, PDA, there's a time and place we'll talk justin Herbert and Madison Bear tomorrow. If not on over promise, Like Rich said, that's our bonus pod everything at Covino and Rich FSR on YouTube. We're live in the Fox Sports Radio studio and it's time to get your financial.
Speaker 1: Portfolio game ready with Reebowl.
Speaker 3: Get powerful investing tools and real time data all on one platform. Gets started by downloading the weebelel app today or visiting weebel dot com.
Speaker 11: We both financial LLC member SIPC FENRA Investing involves risk. For more information, visit wheeple dot com slash disclosures.
Speaker 2: Were going to give you some time.
Speaker 1: I was Sam, it's Wednesday, which means we're in the middle of the week, midweek major.
Speaker 5: Come on, Covino and Rich get you over the middle of the week. When mid week major. Oh, I love that we throw sports and pop culture headlines and topics at the fellas and it's like the kids.
Speaker 2: Say, that's summit.
Speaker 5: We definitely meagre see it our scoring midweek major.
Speaker 6: Ah yeah, you do hear those horns.
Speaker 4: That means you've made it right through the middle of the work week before we hand things.
Speaker 2: Over to Iowa Samuel.
Speaker 6: Let's roll those two big red love dice.
Speaker 2: That's eight nine nine eight.
Speaker 4: You got nine, Oh, Rich, let's go all right?
Speaker 6: He gets first take in.
Speaker 5: Now, ladies and gentlemen, the most famous person besides Brian Bella from Iowa City, Iowa, Iowa sam City.
Speaker 9: All right, guys, we go from a fun and laughing and dancing to a somber story here. How would you like to lose your job as a college basketball play by play announcer or a color commentator because you called games for the previous coaching staff.
Speaker 4: Doesn't sound very fun, does it.
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 9: That's exactly what happened to Kevin Collins and Josh Moore, who served as Boston College's.
Speaker 4: Radio team for the past nine seasons.
Speaker 9: Colin had been with the BC men's basketball radio team for the past thirteen seasons, calling games for the previous three head coaches and working under five athletics director directors. But this past March incomes Luke Murray, a former assistant at Yukon.
Speaker 4: He's also Bill Murray's son, to take over the.
Speaker 9: BC head coaching job, and he decides he doesn't want anyone around his program associated with the previous regime. So late July comes Kevin Collins and Josh Moore are let go Collins and sold awful announcing he knew something, Uh, something was up when the new coaching staff was dodging him in mar and they could not get any kind of meeting or sit down with Coach Murray. Out with the old, in with the new Midweek or major mitt.
Speaker 2: The only thing major about this. That's Bill Murray's kid. It's let's say, people.
Speaker 1: Get fired when Sam, You've worked in radio long enough, right, A new program director comes in, a new boss, they changed the morning show of the whole staff. Uh you know, new sales rep comes in, They fire the people onto.
Speaker 2: Them if they don't like it.
Speaker 9: If you don't see the problem with this, this is this is a radio team that this never happens. The radio team is not a part of the program. They're hired by the university and they want to call winning basketball.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 9: I know I don't want to take too much from this story, but to me, this really rubbed me the wrong way.
Speaker 2: I know, I get what you're saying.
Speaker 9: I'm saying, what does the radio team have to do with They have nothing to do with how whether the team succeeds or fails the game.
Speaker 1: I agree, but I just feel like, unfortunately, whatever the reason is, radio people, TV hosts, you know, people get let go all the time, the weakest reason. Then with new start, they didn't want anyone associated with the same major.
Speaker 3: You know what, I agree with everything, rich Set. We always see people bringing in their own people. Anytime there's a new boss, they what do they do what Scott Farrell talks about, They shake it up and they bring in their own people.
Speaker 1: But the radio crew has nothing to do with winning basket. That would be like that would be like they'd be like Michael Ka getting the boot because there's a new Yankees manager. Right, Yeah, it makes no sense.
Speaker 3: So I would say, you know, in a world where radio jobs are hard to come by more than ever before, and is it ever changing landscape, you.
Speaker 1: Know, you got a gig, this is one of the weakest ways to lose one.
Speaker 2: It's like, what are gonna have to do with that?
Speaker 9: I agree with that yet, Yeah, and sports media Twitter was ablaze with that story a few nights ago. All right, let's press on something a little happier. This event certainly snuck up on me. Guys, I'll be gone this time next week in Philadelphia, so I won't have another chance to report on it.
Speaker 4: Excuse me how to clear my throat there? But the Field of Dreams game is back this August thirteenth.
Speaker 2: Let's snuck up on us. I love it.
Speaker 9: It'll be the Phillies and the Twins in Dyersville, Iowa on a busy Thursday of baseball mini games going on the day, and this game will be broadcast on Netflix. Netflix. It's the first Field of Dreams games since twenty twenty two. The event started in twenty twenty one. I was there by the way, but has been on hiatus for the past three years for development and construction at the site. Field of Dreams Game is back midweek or major.
Speaker 1: Major love it, Sam, I'm jealous you at one. In fact, I want to give me the ten second summary.
Speaker 2: How was it?
Speaker 4: It was amazing? You know our events first one right, The vibes were immaculates.
Speaker 1: I love when MLB thinks outside the box and does stuff like this, So I think it's major Twins Phillies.
Speaker 2: Hey, I fought if.
Speaker 1: I was a Twins fan like our boss, I would try to go.
Speaker 3: If I'm a Phillies fan, I try to go absolutely major. I figure for such a special game, special night. It's special for the players. You could feel it, and you got some big time stars. You got a rise now fired up to be part of that team. You got Harper and the outfield. The twins are hot.
Speaker 2: All the twins are decent. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I asked the boss few was going. He said no, But if you can make that, I think you make it. And it's always fun to watch. It's like one of the random times you'll watch two teams you don't necessarily care that much about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 9: I'm wondering after the first two times, and then they had the hiatus of a few years, like, if they do this every year, will people be like excited about the way?
Speaker 2: Where there? Will?
Speaker 4: I think the first few times.
Speaker 1: I think if they switch the teams, yes, I guess if the Mets were in it, I'd be like, oh, I want to go.
Speaker 9: Yeah, if you want to go out to DIYers, which is basically a giant cornfield out in the middle of I love it.
Speaker 2: I'd go regardless of who's playing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, very cool. All right, let's move on this one here.
Speaker 2: Quickly.
Speaker 9: A Green Bay defensive star Micah Parsons met with the media on Tuesday, and he let us know that we shouldn't worry about the knee he's still rehabbing, but rather how ferocious the beast in him will be will be when he returns to the field.
Speaker 4: Have a listen to this audio.
Speaker 12: You know that's kind of like my mentality and how I feel and how I'm going to approach when I'm back. Is people are worried about the knee, they should be worried about how I'm gonna play when I get that, the anger, the frustration, the things that I'm not to let out because you know how long it's been since I played. So I think that's what people should really worry about, Like how great is Mica going to be when it gets back? Not about when I get back, because that's the that's the short term. It's about how great I'm going to be, how and how my teammates and you know how far we're going to go into a playoff roun.
Speaker 9: He didn't deliver that with a lot of energy, but like after that, I expect for sacks, seven tackles, for lost interception and forced fumble, from Michael Parsons, where's my music?
Speaker 2: Can we tell you?
Speaker 1: Sam Weeks could be you can't talk about how you got the b and talk in the most subdued, lame manner. Michael Parsons is a beast, but you can't.
Speaker 4: Come on a microphone and be like, you know, guys is, don't worry about my knee.
Speaker 2: There's a beast inside.
Speaker 4: Worry about when I'm on the field, I'm gonna kill people.
Speaker 2: Give me some diam enthusiasm. Yeah, I completely agree with Rich.
Speaker 1: I'll say mid because what he yeah, because match what he was saying was meaningful.
Speaker 3: But his vibe and his tone, his laid back attitude didn't match that at all. Yeah, So you know, therefore, Mid, you're gonna say something like that, bring some gusto.
Speaker 1: All right, That's all I got. That's all she wrote. Thank you, I was Samuel l great job. You ready to watch your Yankees tonight or.
Speaker 4: What I am?
Speaker 2: Are you watch Ted Lasso?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I watched Ted La When you watch Kate fear.
Speaker 4: Rich stopped trying to distract with the fact that you have not watched Quarterback on Netflix. Me you've You've been saying for three weeks on the show now that you're you're gonna watch it?
Speaker 6: Oh, tonight's the night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we even had showtime a home stop by this week. You know, I'll tell fire up for quarterbacks. Tomorrow the NFL officially starts. It is your preseason Hall of Fame game.
Speaker 1: I got rid of everybody football season started.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: I bet Rich is gonna say he's gonna start watching it tonight.
Speaker 1: I think tonight is when I'm gonna start. I'm meeting I'm meeting a friend for dinner. I gotta I gotta drive a like an hour in traffic. Now, I know, boo, but I'm gonna go get dinner with an old school pal. Then I'm gonna head home. Hopefully the kids are sleeping by then. And I think I'm gonna pour meself, drink, watch some quarterback because tomorrow starts the NFL.
Speaker 3: I think no better timing, Danny, you're gonna pull yourself a Wednesday night cocktail. Interesting, I didn't say what kind of drink, like a TC drink or something. Oh oh, he's California sober. Yeah, I don't know. I mean I still drink, but I don't want to hang over Tomorrow. It's one of nice little must buzz.
Speaker 6: I can wait.
Speaker 4: We have preseason NFL tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I can't wait.
Speaker 1: You you know now, you know you love the NFL so much that it's Cardinals Panthers back up players and you're like, I'm gonna.
Speaker 4: Watch still hype. That's how you know we love the NFL.
Speaker 1: So tomorrow starts, as I said, the new chapter, right, because now, from now until Valentine's Day, your life is consumed with football and I love it, and so do you. All Right, we'll see you guys tomorrow Tomorrow Old School and fifty hits, more prizes and we'll talk PDA hamm effect absolutely until then.
Speaker 2: Rima, there you baby, you win the Promised land. Let it, guys, come back