Speaker 1: Ryan Reynolds here for mint Mobile. I don't know if you knew this, but anyone can get the same premium wireless for fifteen dollars a month plan that I've been enjoying. It's not just for celebrities, So do like I did and have one of your assistants assistants switch you to Midmobile today. I'm told it's super easy to do at midmobile dot com.
Speaker 2: Slash and switch upfront paymental forty five dollars for three month plan equivalent to fifteen dollars per month required intro rate first three months only, then full price plan options available, taxes and feesextra FFL terms at mintmobile dot com.
Speaker 3: Hello everybody, Welcome into the cycle. I'm Ryan Warmley, joined as always by Mike Mayor. If you miss parts one and two of the Cycle to speak, be sure to check those out either on YouTube or wherever you listen to your podcast. Or We did round in the bases and our buys and sales and waiver picks. We are now talking some pitching streamers, will of course do our two start pitcher competition as well and talk about what we're excited about this weekend. Mayor start us off as we always do for this segment with our pitching streamers, and we've definitely settled into the pattern of kind of one per every day of the week here, so take us Monday to Sunday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so similar to last week, and some of that we've talked about in a few reason videos. It's not great out there if if you need pitching and you're streaming pitching. Some of the names are are pretty gross. And I will reiterate with something that you said last week where sometimes the best decision is just to not stream anybody, which for one of the days I actually wrote just stay away, stay away.
Speaker 3: From I think last week the day that that prompted me to say that was Friday, And this week I noticed Friday is the day you wrote stay away. Maybe Fridays are just bad streaming days.
Speaker 4: It could just it could just be the Fridays are bad streaming days. Some of the other names that you can potentially stream, and some of these, you know you have to assume, you know, either you're in a daily league where you can kind of you know, either change your lineup every week or a drops or change your lineup every day or make ad drops every day, and other times you know, maybe it's it's a weekly streamer, and so for some of them, maybe you can get like a two star pitcher, which one of them I included. For Monday, I have JP Sears at Texas at the Rangers. They are going to be without Corey Seeger, and they already are according to our pitching streaming tool, they are one of the bottom offenses, meaning they're a good team to stream against right now, just based on recent performance. I don't think that's going to stay the case all year, but at least right now they are not hitting well, and so they are a target to stream against, and so JP Sears up to a fine start three point two to one ERA. He's available in most leagues consensus roster percentages like fourteen percent. Tuesday, I have someone we already mentioned. I have Andrew Heeney, who has been a two star pitcher. Of course, as of right now, he's protected to be a two star pitcher. The only problem is that his two stars are against the Cubs and the Padres, two of the better offenses in the league. And so you're kind of really getting an Andrew Heeney truth test here of how just how legit this start is for him, and you're gonna find out next week. Even though I think some of the Cubs stuff. I know a lot of people think they have like the best offensive baseball or one of the best offenses in baseball, I think some of that is is going to kind of, you know, come back down to earth. I don't know that their offense is going to be this good all year. Wednesday is actually probably my favorite pick of the week. Tobias Myers. You know, I don't necessarily necessarily love grabbing a name, grabbing a picture just coming off the injured list to start right away, but he is starting at the White Sox, and so if you're going to come off the injured list, a nice softlantic spot is going against White Sox, and so Tobias Myers is a picture who I like. He's kind of maybe just kind of like a guy, but he's also just been like really solid for a pretty you know, like all last season. I kept waiting. I think there was actually one point early in the year in the two Star pitcher competition where I was like, oh, maybe I'll just stream Tobias Myers, like as a joke, and then he was just like really good, Like the rest of the year, and I was like, oh, joke's on me. Thursday, not the biggest name, but also attacking the White Sox Chad Patrick, who was off to you know, a fine start with the with the Brewers, and just again attacking that White Sox offense. I don't know how long Chad Patrick's going to be in the rotation because they have some pitchers coming back, but for now he's pitching fine and he's got the White Sox. Friday, I have is a stay away. I looked at some names for Friday and it was hard to get there. There's Ben Brown against the Brewers. I wasn't crazy about, Michael Waka against the Orioles, Mitch Keller against the Padres. Mitch Keller might all if you can stream him, maybe you can do it, but he's probably rostered. He's below the fifty percent threshold on this tool. But my guess is if you're in CBS or Yahoo, he's probably already rostered. And then Quinn Priester, I don't know that I would stream him against the Cubs despite everything I just said about the Cubs. Do you want to take your life into Charlie Morton's hands and go against the Royals.
Speaker 3: Charlie Morton needs to retire a month ago. I mean he's so washed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that's really it, unless you want to go with Michael Soroka, Jonathan Cannon, Ryan Feldner, Like Friday is just to stay away day for me.
Speaker 3: No, you've proven your point.
Speaker 4: Saturday, Jamison tyone against the Brewers. Tyone is his numbers aren't that great, but he got off to kind of like a rough star and he's been fine his last few starts, and so he's an interesting streaming candidate to stream against the Brewers at Milwaukee. And then Sunday, I kind of have pick your poison of two pagers going up against each other. Do you want and Vasquez going up against the Pirates or Andrewheny going up against the Padres? Andrewhiney being a if you're in a weekly league, you'd be a two star pitcher. But does have the Cubs in the Padres. And then the honorable mention I have is I forget what day it was on, but I have Tyler Anderson at Seattle is kind of like a bonus one for someone who might be available in your league. It looks like it's Wednesday. Tyler Anderson at Seattle is another name that kind of jumped out to me. If someone I'd be fine streaming against the.
Speaker 3: Mariners, Anderson will probably be my favorite if available. I guess like Buyers, Tyne or the other favorites. It's not a particularly eye popping slick you know group of names here.
Speaker 4: No, it's the waiver wire is thin right now for pitching, so if you're streaming, you know you have to really pick your spots.
Speaker 3: Does this make you, like going through this exercise, maybe more inclined to take a value hit in a trade of like a hitter for a pitcher you were trying to just add pitching and not have to do as much streaming.
Speaker 4: I don't know. It's hard to say, just because I have a couple of leads where I really really need hitting, and so it's hard to think about. Like from the reverse perspective, I tend to lean wanting hitting because I think it's harder to find like long term hitting replacements or stream hitters where I think, with like streaming pictures, I can always just stream volume and it's like gonna you're gonna have some rough spots, but if you're right more than you're wrong, and you also have a few decent starters on your team. The numbers should work out in the end, like the law of large numbers, unless you're just like streaming and getting blown up time and time again. But I do. I do kind of like in some leagus depending on how it goes, like having almost like one spot where I dedicate, like a streaming picture, especially where I could just like file in like two star pitchers, or like a good matchup paired with starters that I really like, and then just locking in as many good hitters as I can.
Speaker 3: Let's go to our two start pitcher competition. We'll check out how we did in Week two, which is most recent completed week. You had Tweak Schooble against the Brewers and the Royals. He got twenty eight point four points. In our league, I had Max Freed against the Royals as well, and the race he got thirty six point two points, so I come await the victor there. Evening up the season at one and one, we wanted to make a note of checking to see how Taiwan Walker did. He combined for three Fantasy points all right, so we were definitely correct to not buy into the early decent start of Taiwan Walker. We're still waiting to see how Hunter Brown versus Max Meyer goes, or if it doesn't end up being Brown, is it still looking like Brown will make the second start? Actually haven't love.
Speaker 4: I was gonna ask you, I haven't looked, I haven't.
Speaker 3: Checked, so possibly Hunter Brown for me, possibly Bryce Miller and how their first starts. When I'm certainly hoping it's Hunter Brown. We'll see what ends up being the case there. But Mayor's got Max Meyer, who obviously got off to a very strong start here in the week. We'll see how that goes for a week four this upcoming week. I went first, kind of another week of like not a ton of like names I loved. I ended up going with Freddy Peralta because he's getting the Chicago teams. He's at the White Sox, and he's home versus the Cubs, and he's off to a pretty good start this season. So, like I said, I didn't. I didn't kind of want to overthink it. I just went for someone who has pitched pretty well and who has you know, he gets the White Sox, which is just always going to be kind of a not that I needed a tiebreaker in this case, but it's always going to be somebody that I will will gravitate towards. Do you have do you have any We haven't really talked about Paralta this year so far, just any kind of quick thoughts on what we've seen out of him. I mean, yesterday he pitched poor Lee prior to me putting his name in the sheet, so that makes it look a little bit less. He had five innings, three earned runs, and three strikeouts yesterday. Prior to that, his e RA was one ninety one. I think his whip was under one before yesterday, so he had looked pretty good so far.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and yesterday he had four shoutout innings before the wheels came off. So it was really that fifth inning that got him. And I know because I bet his under two and a half fronts and uh I lost that one. And I was and I remember, like, I I don't know if I was like going to sleep or put my kids to bed. I was like, oh, sweet, four shot out of inning. It's like, oh, I just need like another inning or two and get him out of there and we'll win this bet. And then uh nope, three three. But yeah, I like Freddy Pralt. I think he was maybe like overrated a couple of years ago, and now he's maybe underappreciated. I just think he's like a good like, you know, not an ace, but like a you know, a two B one type starting pitcher who I think is going to be fine. Also a Hunter Brown. It does look like it's going to be a two star pitcher. I know there was some talk that Lance mccullors could return and pitch for the Astros. Does not appear to be the case, and he's currently lined up to start against the Royals on Sunday.
Speaker 3: That is quality news for my to start pitcher competition because I need a great foot forward to beat Max Meyer coming off of his first start of the week. All right, so Freddy Paralza for me, who is your pick?
Speaker 4: I went with Jacob de Grom, who has the Athletics not in Sacramento and has the Seattle Mariners, both starts in Texas, and I figure, use Jacob de Groam while you can, because who knows if he's going to be there in June.
Speaker 3: I'd rather just not use him at all this year.
Speaker 4: I mean, he hasn't been that bad. He just hasn't not sp one as some people.
Speaker 3: Haven't yet just not out of the Joe a Rica not really buying in. Do the athletics scare you not in Sacramento?
Speaker 4: I mean that lineup looks better and better.
Speaker 3: Every day, especially Yeah, I was gonna say, like, it's a pretty fun lineup, like even aside from the ballpark.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean the ballpark especially scares me. But yeah there they are no longer an offense that I'm targeting intentionally. It just happened to be. I wanted to see how du Graham could do. But yeah, there's a that lineup is looking pretty good, especially if Brett Rooker gets going.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's look at our weekend excitement here. To wrap things up, I almost just wrote down only one thing. I did end up writing more, but like we get Paul Skeens versus Yamamoto that rules cannot wait to watch that You did write it in all caps, Yeah, because I'm super excited about it. It's like, I mean, how many pitching matchups could you come up with right now that you'd be more excited to watch than that? Not many, I don't think.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: There was someone in YouTube comments last week who called Yamamoto mid after our like Ace conversation, which I didn't I don't agree with what's really really good based on what I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, I listen. I respect Fring opinions and if they want to make the case go ahead, but like for me, my only real question with Yamamoto coming into this season was like just giving that its the Dodgers, Like how many innings do we actually get? Do they give him a phantom? I l stints? Do they take him out after the fifth enning a lot of time? You know? That was my concern when he's on the mound. I pretty much have no concerns about Yamamoto at all. I think he's really good. So that's my stats. I'm going on in a limit thing. I think Yama Moto good picture.
Speaker 4: Rest everyone as much anymore because they are currently in third place in the West.
Speaker 3: Sure sure, yeah yeah. Skeens versus Amamoto. Super excited about Shane bos versus Michael King is a really fun one of two arms that we like a lot. Then we get Max Meyer versus Bryce Miller, which I wrote down just because it was possibly going to be our two start pictures going head to head. Sounds like I will get to stick with Hunter Brown, as I made clear last week, So maybe that one will be as exciting for us personally. But yeah, Skeens versus Adam Yamamoto was a big one for me.
Speaker 4: For me, I wrote down the NFL Draft always a very exciting time for me. I love the NFL Draft. I loved when it was all day on Saturday, because my friends and I would get together and just have like an all day like out. We would like put a TV outside and like barbecue and make a whole day of it. I kind of don't love the three day extravaganza of like one round and then two more rounds and then wrapping it up on.
Speaker 3: Some Yeah, like two days was fine when it was like rounds one and two and then three to seven, but like, yeah, three days is I don't need that. Yeah, And by the time round one ends, I'm like I want to keep going, Like give me another round.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's brutal, especially like you know, as fans of teams that are often picking towards the end of the draft, like you wait all night and then like your team like trades out of the first round.
Speaker 3: You're like, that's happened so many times.
Speaker 4: I also wrote down I wanted to see more Nick Kurtz and he's going to be at home in that in that ballpark, which I'm excited to watch. I just decided to watch him like in general and like see you know if this you know power is legit, and just like I'm just excited to watch a young prospect like that. And then while you went with all the Aces, I kind of wrote down a bunch of other names of pictures I wanted to see just because they're off over this really strong starts.
Speaker 3: All the Aces, I wrote down schemes and Yamamoto that's.
Speaker 4: It, well the other and Max Meyer, Well you wrote down like some exciting pitching matchups. I wrote down some kind of like middle of the road names who I'm just excited to kind of like see, like Mitchell Parker or someone we haven't really talked about. He's after a really strong start, doesn't seem that real to me. But also like I just kind of want to see Tyler Molly, someone we've talked about on the show. He's like seems like a lot of smoke and mirrors, but he's after a really strong start. And then Nicolodola also off to a strong start. He's pitching in Colorado, which I you know, grimacing emoji at that one. Yeah, I'm interested to see like a lot of those pictures who are just off to like really good starts, Like what's what's going on here? How long is this going to go on for? Like are wheels going to come off with immediately? Is it going to kind of be like a first half thing? And then the last time I wrote down is walk Bueller, who has like been on a pretty good run, but it just doesn't pass the eye test to me, Like I watch him pitch and I'm like, this doesn't look right, like the velocity's down, it's not really like getting a lot of like swing and miss, like it just seems like disaster is about to happen at any turn there. And so I'm interested to watch him pitch again because even though the numbers have looked fine the last few starts, it just like, like I said, it doesn't really pass the eye test to me, like something looks off here.
Speaker 3: We will wrap up there. Thanks everybody for tuning in to hopefully all three sections of the cycle, whether you're watching on video or listening on whatever audio platform you used to get your podcasts. Next week I will. It's very likely and pretty much cold firm not be on the show for some travel I have going on, So Kelly Kirby will be stepping in for me, and you'll be stuck with Mike Maher hosting.
Speaker 4: So yeah, me as a host next it's that host.
Speaker 3: But I'll yeah. That's what people are saying back after that for this week for Mayor and myself, Thanks everybody for tuning in. We will see you again next time. Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB