Speaker 1: The nik Gliser podcasts.
Speaker 2: Here I am, It's Nicky Glazer podcast.
Speaker 3: Welcome to it. It's just me today in studio with this no Name dog. Brian Frangie is back from gallbladder surgery. Still back from that, feeling good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tour, gallbladder tour surgery, doing my tour of my organs being removed.
Speaker 2: We're promoting it right now, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we recorded it and it's gonna come out later this year on Netflix.
Speaker 2: And yeah, did reg just in Kelly this morning?
Speaker 1: Yes, they were. They were rough. I mean they hated. I think they wait, isn't real? Just dead?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's why it was rough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was sitting there. He didn't he didn't give.
Speaker 2: Me his ashes.
Speaker 3: Still have a show where he people just assume what he might have asked people and those singers he might have had.
Speaker 2: He was amazing and he is missed.
Speaker 3: And I got to meet him one time because we were doing this thing on our MTV show, Me and Sarah Schaeffer, where we were just trying to touch as many celebrities as possible. That was like our goal and it was pre me too, because this would not have flown.
Speaker 2: And I was never inappropriate.
Speaker 3: With my touching in terms of like the only times I got like on the chest with it or something like, I felt really bad about doing it. And I only did it because it was like almost like that's the gimmick, and I felt kind of pressured into it. And I'm not gonna say I did it like I'm not gonna it's it's I had my own constitution.
Speaker 2: I could have not done it.
Speaker 3: But I remember one time a guy got annoyed with us touching him, but it was a funny bit because generally I just like his head or something like.
Speaker 2: The whole thing is not good. I didn't like doing any of it, to be honest with me.
Speaker 3: While on the show, we just try to wein Sarah C who can touch the celebrity the most times while interviewing, And it's so like the premise is disgusting and wouldn't make it past a thought in a bright head now, I would never even land in a U in a meeting live.
Speaker 1: With it.
Speaker 2: That is true.
Speaker 3: I want to get I I want to have her in an interview both emotionally and physically. I'm dying to get an interviewed by Ruberry were because she I know how fucking charming she is. I've been interviewed by her on Zoom and even then I felt molested.
Speaker 2: And that's crazy that she was.
Speaker 3: She sent someone actually who was in a hazmat suit to touch me in the ways that she wanted to hold my hand in that moment. Now I did her shows on Zoom and it's not the same. So I want to be in person at some point.
Speaker 1: Speaking of hazmat suits, that's the first time I was ever on TV was in a hazmat suit on Not Safe.
Speaker 2: WHOA.
Speaker 3: That's so full circle And I think I actually when I was grasping for that reference and that when I said it just now, I like kind of was like I've heard this recently, Like I was pulling from something i'd heard, which is like what you do? I mean, that's what I learned, Like great stand up is just paying attention to detail and having it on call for your brain when you need it, paying attention to funny things like I've recently started doing that where I'm like, Okay, this is why people who read a lot do well with just being orators. They're just you're good at picking up words, you're good at communicating. You you but I think there's a way to bypass it, which is I'm just trying to pay more attention to funny words and just references and going like, Okay, when you need a store in a strip mall in a bad neighborhood, boost mobile, that's a funny reference, Like did you just cement memorize boost mobile right now? When you need it, just grab it. Because a lot of times I'll be like, Okay, I have all the parameters of what this perfect reference would be, but my mind can't fill in the blank. And like, for me, that's why improv scares me so much, because sometimes my mind really will not serve up anything, not just like not something unfunny, literally nothing, and that's too scary to me.
Speaker 1: Zip.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's we've done. Brian was trying to like get me into improv games when we were.
Speaker 1: Writing I was trying to get you into no.
Speaker 2: No, sorry.
Speaker 3: I requested that he get me into it because I was like, I am insecure about not being good at improv. I want to be better. Is it a muscle that you can learn? Because it's so impressive to.
Speaker 1: Me, And that's the conceed is that it is a muscle you can learn.
Speaker 2: Otherwise do you want to learn it?
Speaker 1: It is, It's definitely helpful. We were just doing some improv exercises to get you like warmed up, to see if that helped it all, which I don't even think it did.
Speaker 2: It did well, it totally did.
Speaker 3: I often remember your improv game that I kind of play with myself sometimes that I invented that you invented, which is so good. You should stare with people. This is just a good way to get your brain working.
Speaker 1: Yes, I invented an improv game called bagage.
Speaker 2: I don't want to play it because it's so embarrassing, how bad I am.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, we'd have to play it. But it's called bag of Fun. I invented it in you know, it's a derivative of other for it.
Speaker 3: Next time I pay, I have to do a couple hours past. I'm in a Google doc on this improv game. So what's the what's the game?
Speaker 1: I just want to say I did invent this. I invented this in like two thousand and four. So if you're thinking like, oh, but in twenty sixteen, I did this with my college imprograms, no, no, no, no, no, I invented this it's called bag of fun, and you're just holding a bad and a fake improv bag obviously, and you come out and someone goes, hey, what you got there, and you go, I have a bag of fun and they go what's in the bag of fun? And then you just pull something out of the bag and you say what it is, and that's the start of it. You go, oh, I got it literally anything. I've got a carburetor, I've got a toothbrush. And then someone who's running the game if you keep doing things that are similar, like if I have a car seat and a car manual in a car, then you go no car things. Then you oh, I've got a dog and a cow, and you know, no animals, no, no animal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just giving you challenges of where your brain can go creatively on the fly when you have literally anything to choose.
Speaker 1: From, anything to choose from. And then you just start giving parameters, which almost makes it easier. You go things that start with f y, things that you can find in Texas, things that you would find in a classroom, and then you can say double time. Then everyone starts clapping in your face and you have to go twice as fast as you pull out tooth things. You go, I've got a cow and a jockstrap. I've got a pullover necklace and a pullover sweater and a jockstrack. Yeah, this is a very.
Speaker 3: Jotra exercise for me to do because I really, I mean people, I do think I'm funny, and I do think I'm a great writer, but I need a little bit of time.
Speaker 2: And it's not always the like.
Speaker 3: The thing is, it comes up fast when it comes up like nothing really, whatever way you write, whether it's you come up with something hilarious at a Starbucks in front of a computer, or you come up with something hilarious on stage, it's still just a thought that shows up in your mind. So it doesn't really to me where it get, where you get it, it doesn't really matter. It's not like that's amazing to come up with something on stage, and it's not amazing to come up within his Starbucks. It's like the same thing to me anyway. But I was really scared to play this game, and I still am because my bride brain, Brian, one of the worst things that's ever happened to me is when my brain like I had to be doing like kind of to improv in the moment and a huge audience at the iHeart Music Awards and for with Usher and and he like handed. I took the mic because he was trying to get me to dance, which is humiliating, and so I begged him to is this whole story?
Speaker 2: Have I told it before?
Speaker 1: No? I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Oh I should do it after the break.
Speaker 3: But I really I had a moment on stage in front of so many people that I care about my not looking stupid front and not to mention a gigantic pact. Where was it? It was somewhere. It was some center, you know, like in front of like thousands of people. I mean it's probably a six thousand theater. But like, do you recall any moments where your brain completely failed you in a situation where you know, Kevin Hart thing when I couldn't give what to say? Like do I say a movie that is his that I know?
Speaker 2: Or not?
Speaker 3: Like in that moment, and like, I don't like being in those positions. They're so painful to me, so I try to avoid them at all. Do you have any ones that stand out to you?
Speaker 1: It was in the Los Angeles Dolby Theater May twenty seventh, twenty twenty one.
Speaker 3: Wow, okay, yes, Dolby Theater. What's the capacity on that? For me, Google knows to look up capacity of theaters, because that's all.
Speaker 2: I want to know.
Speaker 3: When I type in a theater name that's still in, they go, do you mean capacity? And then they know movies. If I type in a movie name.
Speaker 2: Running time thirty three hundred.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, that's I was not I was half right like my dad. Okay, yes, but I don't want to get into it. But when have you felt that way? And you're like where your brain failed.
Speaker 1: You all the time, which is why in a way that's.
Speaker 3: On a scale similar to that in terms of your life, like a big moment.
Speaker 1: Like so I have to downgrade the scale because there's no moment where of course what ussher?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, But it's all relative.
Speaker 1: When I interviewed for the Lower Decks that Star Trek cartoon in front of the Rick and Morty executive producer and the people who made Star Trek Voyager, I fucked up that. Wow so bad? How I just well, I think I've talked about it before, where I I didn't know anything about Star Trek and they asked me but there was also moments in that interview where I just totally like it was also because I was dealing with like psychosomatic brain fog symptoms and I was so so that happens to me a lot. And I was just sitting there and they were like, what's your favorite cartoon? And I just like got like really small. I got really small in the couch and I was like, well, I don't want to say. I really felt like I sounded like that, Oh God, I don't want to say, and then.
Speaker 2: Oh, no, it sounds like a character.
Speaker 1: And the answer really at the time was Rick and Morty, And I felt weird saying Rick and Morty because the guy who executive produced Rick and.
Speaker 2: Morty is one who that guy is dying for you to say.
Speaker 1: Here's how embarrassing it. Here's what happened. I go, I don't want to say, and then the guy goes just say it, and that made it even more embarrassing because he knew what I was gonna say. He knew I was being sheepish. And I really thought I had a chance to get that job because I had a pre interview. This is the second round, Oh damn, and my first interview was just with the.
Speaker 2: EP, you already had it in your mind.
Speaker 1: Yes, I had it in my mind. And my interview with just the EP of Rick and Morty went so well. It went. We started talking just about like life and death in that interview, it got it got way beyond like what's your experience. And then when I showed up for the second interview, I was sitting in the waiting room and uh, they were like, we got to call in the next candidate. And then the EP goes, oh, Brian like he was like joking around with me, Oh wow, and then he was so like loose with me. Yeah that the the Star Trek people said, oh, do you know him already?
Speaker 3: Well, this is so relatable, like feeling just this is like after a good first date and you're like already there your boyfriend in your head and like you're just you got it locked down and then you just.
Speaker 2: Did shit shit and I ate shit.
Speaker 3: You story like this too that I want you to tell somebody that was so good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well the Daily Show. Yeah, well yeah, I mean there's that too. I mean that those are the two biggest like regretful career moments in my life. Fucking up those two interviews.
Speaker 2: But you know, like it led you to where you are.
Speaker 3: Is there any part of you that like realizes that now and says, oh, I'm grateful I didn't get that job because I goes that way.
Speaker 1: If I got the Daily Show in when was that, like twenty fifteen, it was the first year that Trevor Noah was the host. I my life would be completely different. I'd still be in New York probably, but.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't have met Ali.
Speaker 1: No, I wouldn't have I wouldn't have worked on your show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean like your life, Yeah, we wouldn't. I would still know you because I knew you at that point, but yeah, yvery everything would be so different.
Speaker 1: Who knows, maybe it would have been better. I don't know.
Speaker 2: It has hard to imagine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, maybe.
Speaker 2: Throw in your life to see what that life would have been like right now? Would you?
Speaker 1: No? No, Because you know, I know people who write for The Daily Show, and now that John Stewart's back, it's a lot like more like fun, but like it does become like how am I going to get out of here? It's like writing for SNL. If you write for it for too long, well, man, I eventually you're like, how do I get out of this?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's such an honor to I think that probably the best part of getting jobs is when you get.
Speaker 2: The call that you've got it before you have to start doing it.
Speaker 3: That's always as it is for me, because then the pressure's on and the pressure don't stop till it's over. And if you get a writing job, that pressure is never over and I can't mine get released. You know, the roast happens, and I perform, and then it's done and I get to like, oh, And I'm sure that's what writers feel like when they get to go on these breaks eventually and let loose. But it's like they know what's looming, whereas I don't really know what's looming next in terms of hard work, Like I see some stuff, but I can't I don't know the exact people involved or whatever it is, and so.
Speaker 2: That would be really hard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But so it in nine to five where you see the same people everywhere every day.
Speaker 1: That's what I keep reminding myself every time. I feel like, I am so lucky to be married to someone who has a regular job, because every day I see someone who has to suffer through these endless zoom calls with bullshit people talking about bullshit things for fucking all day Monday through Friday, having to go into an office. It's I'm so lucky. I feel like the.
Speaker 3: DJ is soul sucking desk jobs. Oh yeah, doubles DJs. Yeah, and people we know, you know, most listeners have them. Yeah, or they're stuck at home with their kids all day long. Sure, shout out to those people too. Speaking of, but there's an out because your kids eventually grow up. No one sees retirement really in the future, and it's just like this till like.
Speaker 1: So far off and well nowadays you can't even retire you don't make enough money. But speaking of, I.
Speaker 2: Think only rich people can retire.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true, like athletes.
Speaker 3: You hear that word in athletics, but because they're forced because of their bones or.
Speaker 1: If you're Daniel da Lewis, I yeah, he retired. He did Phantom Thread, which was pretty good.
Speaker 2: And yeah, Phantom Thread was amazing.
Speaker 1: He's it's it's amazing because he's in it.
Speaker 2: I think, oh, yeah, it was. It was.
Speaker 1: His counterpart was also good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was good. They were sick.
Speaker 3: It was like a relationship based on taking care of a person with the other person's release.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The reason why I didn't love it was because I found it until the very very end of Phantom Thread. I found it to be predictable because it's just it's like misery. It's a classic unhealthy to any A Graham type.
Speaker 2: I forget the very very end.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, the very very end is kind of surprising, and Daniel day Lewis at his best that that face.
Speaker 2: I might have to revisit it then because of this end is quite surprising. I don't remember.
Speaker 1: The very very end is quite surprising.
Speaker 2: Does it involve soup.
Speaker 1: And involves mushrooms? Ah?
Speaker 3: Yes, I think I remember it. They try and they go to Fish at the Sphere.
Speaker 1: They go to Fish at the Sphere and Daniel day Lewis takes a and throws it into the sphere and the spear splits open, and I was like, this is.
Speaker 2: Such a cool graphic for the you two show that we saw.
Speaker 1: Oh god, amazing. They could have done anything.
Speaker 3: And I got to go back to the sphere. I am I'm not swearing the sphere off.
Speaker 1: No, No, we can't swear. We can't because it's it is cool.
Speaker 3: Believe I didn't go back last I guess the Grateful Dead were their last time and I was performing with Nights. I was there, but I should have extended it to see what was. I got to check what's at the Sphere next time, because I'm gonna give the Sphere a second chance.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get.
Speaker 1: If not the Sphere's fault, the Sphere is now.
Speaker 2: You know, the amazing screens is miss Taylor Swift.
Speaker 3: I'm so excited to go see her screens because it's some of it's transcendent and like and this new stuff for the Tortured Poets that's in her live stuff. The new album that she's added to the Era's tour is so graphics are so good, and she does this really cool thing with this. I'm gonna swift out for a second. I know you don't care, but like, I just have to let this out. I'm so excited to see it because I'm about to see her five times in Europe and I can't wait to see.
Speaker 1: So where you going.
Speaker 3: I'm going to Dublin, then I'm to Amsterdam, and then I'm gonna do Amsterdam three times, and I go to Zurich and ended on Zurich, but I would be going two times in Dublin and two times in Zurich, except I have a gig that got booked before I got these tickets, so I couldn't get out of.
Speaker 2: It, which I'm excited to do because I don't need to see your six times. I only needs your five, okay now in America America that I'm flying straight from.
Speaker 3: I'm going straight from Arizona to Dublin to meet my parents and then we're going to see Taylor that you know.
Speaker 1: So your parents are going with you to Europe.
Speaker 2: Yes, and so.
Speaker 3: And I'm taking my mom to every show, all five and then my dad is going to go at least one, and I think he'll probably be like, I'm not going to two. And so I think Chris is flying into Zurich to go to the other one and where Switzerland, Switzerland, which I just kind of found out. It wasn't really clear on that. But that's only one. I have an actual ticket to the other four kind of in in I think I'm like ninety nine percent sure they're good to go, but I'm a little bit worried because they're not in my hand yet. So I'm going over there a little bit like, Okay, this might just be a trip to Ireland where everyone's dressed in swift stuff and I'm not going to the show, but I will sell some my body to get in that night. There's no way I won't go. I'll find some way. It might be the first time I've ever turned tricks. Yeah, but no, you can't buy one online. There's none available for the Dublin shows to buy. Second, I think it's really a good thing going to get one.
Speaker 2: I will. I have an in with I get.
Speaker 3: I buy special tickets that are for like it's it's a thing, a connection I got that gets lets me buy regular price seats in certain sections and so but it's through like every every new city has a different third party kind of managing that ticket situation.
Speaker 2: So I got a call from an irishman the other day and he's.
Speaker 3: Like, so, I've got you down for you know, three tickets on the twenty ninth and then two on the thirtieth. And I was like, it's actually gonna be no tickets on the twenty ninth. And I was like, and I'll take two on the thirty if that that's all you have. But I would love to have three for the thirty fifth if possible, and he was like, oh, we can make that happen. I'll call you right back. And I'm like, really, oh my god, great, okay, well, I'll be on my phone. So he's like, we'll call you on right back from this number.
Speaker 2: And then they haven't called me back and it was a day ago, and so I'm just like, yeah, and if you call them back, it's just not a it's an operating thing.
Speaker 3: So I'm just like, he sounded very nice. He sounded in control, and I'm going to trust that her. What she has going on there, they don't fuck around. They hire the best people and it's gonna get done. So I'm not worried, but I will. Yeah. But anyway, so there's just this great moment that she has with her screen where it's like, because the the lyric is like and I leap from from the why can't I think of the I levitates down your street crash the party like she's talking about, and I leap from the I leap from the gallows in I levitate down your street and crash the party like a circus freak, as I shriek, who's afraid of little old me. But okay, So the graphic has this girl like levitating out of a window and then going down the street, and then Taylor in that moment like leans on this pole that she's able to like lean forward Michael Jackson's style, you know, where her legs are back, and it looks like she's literally levitating in the same way the art on the screen does.
Speaker 1: And it looks so fucking cool.
Speaker 2: And I'm so excited.
Speaker 3: And when we get back, we are going to talk about Travis showing up on stage with Taylor because I I don't have time to do a special Taylor Swift episode, Gush says, So I'm gonna fit some in here, which I already have and I appreciate Brian free listening, so it will be right right back up with this. All right, we're back, So, h Taylor Swift on stage this weekend. Travis, do you find out about did you know that this happened?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, you are you on? Have you been on Instagram the past three days?
Speaker 1: But I'm on the same Instagram as you.
Speaker 3: Isn't that so interesting because it is literally as if the president just got shot. In terms of how many videos I have and footage and people talking about it.
Speaker 2: I'm not kidding you.
Speaker 3: It is like it's a global phenomenon to me, And so I obviously didn't think you were getting all that I'm getting. I'm not that I've gotten nothing, but I thought you would at least have heard one or two things.
Speaker 1: About I'm getting served right now. Is the hawk Tua girl?
Speaker 3: Yes, she's getting served to me, but not as much. I was slightly late to that. What about the Stanley Cup. I'm not seeing anything on my feet about that, but that seemed like a big deal last night, and I was like, interesting that I'm not getting any news.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, I don't get any hockey news news. I get the most esoteric football news, which is weird that I'm not getting the Travis Kelcey thing.
Speaker 3: Timberlake's d U I was September eleventh, to my phone, it was, it really was. I got I got an amber alert sound to it like that. No, that his arrest was like did you see my post on my story? It was like seven posts in a row of his face. Wow, on my story or on my feed, on my main feed. It's like they know what I want.
Speaker 1: They interrupted your programming.
Speaker 3: But okay, so so Taylor's it's a big deal to us. Swifty's Brian because Taylor Swift just for the first time tagged Travis in a post, which is like, obviously they've been together, but that's like the official, like he's my man kind of thing. It was like happened the other night when the Royal family came to see her in Wembley, and so she tagged him on a post and I guess that was a big deal. I didn't notice it, but in hindsight, people were like.
Speaker 2: This was a big weekend for them.
Speaker 3: So then the next night she's on stage and she does this whole song the Smallest Man who Ever Lived, which the Smallest Man who Ever lived Bridge, which I've been complaining about on the gush Fest, is the thing I wanted to sing with. Any bestie who ever had a meet and greet and wanted to sing the Smallest Man who Ever lived with.
Speaker 2: Me Bridge, I would do it. I didn't realize how long it is.
Speaker 3: So I did have a girl take me up on this this weekend and it was so fun and it's on my TikTok but y TikTok. Yeah, I'm posting on tich A lot of things are happening on TikTok. I don't even know what's happening over there because my friend Emily is running it. She works for my social media company and she's amazing and I trust her, and so she just films me and makes videos and I don't even watch them. I'm just like, I'm kind of watching some of them because they're actually really funny and random. But she just shoots like slice of life stuff and then puts it together.
Speaker 1: And so, do you have people following you filming you on the road now?
Speaker 2: I did this weekend for the first time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hold on on, Okay, let's put a pin in that and talk about the Taylor Swift thing first. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So yeah, anyway, so I filmed a reaction video to watching it actually that I think is up on TikTok as well. But so I waited to watch it because I'm getting all the news alerts and I'm like, oh, this will be good to film a reaction shot because my passion right now is watching people react to Taylor Swift. It's like, I know, as a Swift ye, it's kind of a there's a group of us who like to watch this shit. So I was like, oh, I'll make some reaction stuff. So I watched it, but with sitting with it for a while, it's okay. So she sings the Smallest Man who Ever lived, and she at the end of it, she she's pretty much marching to battle to be like with waving a white flag, being like, I want to save this relationship. I still love you even though you're like and why did you end it? I don't even want you back. I just want to know. Like she's kind of like, I guess she's surrendering. I know I'm never gonna get you back, but give me some fucking answersrender. Yeah, she's so, she's but I'm wondering what she's surrendering to, Like she's surrendering to the fact that it's she's never gonna get him back, or so I don't know what it is, and that she doesn't even want him back, but she still wants to know. If you know, was wrecking my was wrecking my I'm mixing up the lyrics girls because for some reason I can't think of them when i'm it's not playing. But was was wrecking my sparkling summer?
Speaker 2: Was that the goal?
Speaker 3: And I don't even want you back. I just want to know. Uh, I just now I'm fucking out. Paul Lyrics and Swifties are so disappointed me. But anyway, so the bridge is, she's finally she's marching to battle and then she gets shot and then she's like, oh and she It's so dramatic, it's so amazing.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to see it.
Speaker 3: I literally I'm going to It's gonna be the most excited my body has ever felt in my life seeing this bridge for the first time live and then five times in a row. I don't I think it's gonna be our gasmic to watch because I'm so obsessed with it. So she gets shot once and then she's like and then she is you know. Then she falls to her knees and she's like begging him, like what's going on? And it doesn't but it also doesn't matter, and she's like, and I'll forget why, you know, I forget anyway, It's it lends on her. Sorry, I'm all over the place because now I'm so embarrassed. I can't remember the fucking lyrics.
Speaker 2: I really am.
Speaker 3: But then she falls down and she goes, uh, I'll forget but I'll never forgive the smallest man whoever lived. And she then she dies and so then after that her these guys like in circus costumes come and pick her up. Yeah, and she's like literally like roof like she looks like she's roofied, like she's limp and it's so cool because it's yeah, and then they pick her up and then they carry her back to this platform and then the music kind of shifts and she starts. They start getting her dressed because she has another performance, and they kind of like they're like doing funny things with her hands and they're like keep flying like picking her up, like you've got to get dressed, and they're dressing her for this next thing. It's not a sexual thing. It's really just like she's just like, no.
Speaker 2: I don't want to.
Speaker 3: She kind of wakes up and she's like I don't want to go, and they're like you gotta go. Come on, snap, snap, and they kind of do a dance to shore, like put on your smile, and she's like I don't want to, and then they push her out and then she's like, oh, fighting it, and then she just turns on a dime and is like.
Speaker 2: I can read your mind.
Speaker 3: And then she sings a song I Can Do It with a broken Heart about performing when you're depressed and when you're broken up with and sad, and then she hits her mark and she's killing it. But that part, Travis Kelcey comes out and he's the one that carries her back, and he's the one that's telling her like, you gotta dance like this, and you can do it, come on, do it, and then he powders her face at the end, which was all the Swifti's figured out is a reference to the line about how the color drained from her face from all these guys. There's a lot of lyrics about the color in her face with this one relationship and how it changed, and then she's talking about her next love and how they put the color back into her face, and so he puts blush on her face. So we're like, oh my god, this fucking poet. She even made her boyfriend do like a comedy thing that involved a reference to the lyric.
Speaker 2: She's so good.
Speaker 3: And then he's the one that pushes her out there and it's so cute, and all the videos there's like a moment where you know, he's playing a character of like a guy getting hit this doll ready to perform, but at one point he goes to like put the blush on her, and he like goes he with his other hand, he almost touches her waist, but then he realizes, like he's that's not the character, but he's so used to like touching her waist that it's so cute, and like, I'm just like, I I love that they did this. I wonder what led what was the discussion that led to, like what if you came on stage with me? Like who pitched it? I mean, I know it was mastermind, I know miss Swift came up with it, but like I want to know that conversation of like would you do it? And he's like yeah, I'd be down, and she's like, yeah, we could do it, So then you'd oh and then you'd maybe do my makeup. Hmm wait, maybe you could put blush on me because the color back into my face.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, this is so good.
Speaker 3: And I could see her like churning up ideas and he's like I'm down, and then he fucked by the way, he fucking nailed it, Like he gave such a great performance. Would love to see this guy on Broadway. Like he can act. He was comedic, he was prince charming. It was just such a good look for him. He shined like a star and then he let her go shine like a star. And then there was footage of him watching her later and just being so in awe of her, And it was just a great weekend to be a swift. Ye.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's Tess. You ever had a boyfriend on stage before with other musicians and no.
Speaker 3: I mean she's performed live with John Mayer and people speculate maybe they were like talking at that point, but that doesn't count. Like there's never been this like playful, we're together energy performing together. I mean, that's insane, it's serous and I'm so excited about it. Wild it's so cute, And that's exactly the kind of thing like I liked. I know what she's feeling, like, like it's so fun to perform with your boyfriend who you're in love with and like be like, I've done that before with Chris and I get to do it so frequently and it makes it so much more fun and it makes it so much better when your boyfriend is there at the show like you just are more dazzling.
Speaker 2: I know, I always am sure. I hope he's at the Dublin show.
Speaker 1: You like being watched, Yeah, I do.
Speaker 3: I like I like when someone is going, wow, she's amazing, like not even laughing. I just want people to be like wow, I think that's the is that my god?
Speaker 1: Did?
Speaker 2: I just yeah?
Speaker 1: Ah?
Speaker 2: I want awe.
Speaker 1: Yeah. You want people that you know look at her thinking, oh this is really sad.
Speaker 2: That's the worst.
Speaker 1: Oh god, no, the worst. There's worse than all. There's worse than all.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 3: There's lots of odds you can get of like, oh fuck, I can't believe she said that. Oh I I feel sorry for you. I've definitely gotten the all.
Speaker 1: But it's worse than that. It's worse.
Speaker 3: The worst thing you can get, I can't even think of what it is.
Speaker 1: The worst thing you can get is silence where they don't even really know what to say. Dude, after the show's over, and you're like you want them to say that was that was a rough one, or you want them to say like that was amazing, and.
Speaker 2: They said nothing after and not during the joke.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like after usually it's after, but just like that I don't even really know what I say because we're both thinking the same thing.
Speaker 2: I get the fuck out of there.
Speaker 3: I've never had a set where I can't look people in the eye afterwards, and if I do, I just go, that was horrible, And I tell everything they don't have to, and I yeah, I bring.
Speaker 1: The no no or they say and they go, oh no.
Speaker 2: They go that crowd sucked.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was you know this room, the laughs get caught in the carpet.
Speaker 2: I'm like, no, they didn't. They got caught inside.
Speaker 1: Keep it full of flatties right now.
Speaker 3: Because I didn't get them out. Yeah. Yes, there's always something to blame. Toddglass used to say, like when you go into a club every club weekend, like there's always an excuse why the numbers aren't good. They're like, oh, the fairs in town this weekend, Like you're completing with the fair. There's always a fair in town, the Strawberry Festival. You know, that's why. Don't don't take it personally, which is a nice thing for them to say.
Speaker 2: I mean, sometimes could just make you fair rain this morning.
Speaker 1: Whatever.
Speaker 2: No, there's always an excuse why it's not you. Sometimes it is you, you know, sometimes and that's.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're just fizzling and you're not good for that, for that for that region.
Speaker 2: I heard this girl Aurora.
Speaker 3: She's like a musician that I heard on Stern once and I really haven't looked into her since, but she's very like ethereal and like maybe she just like seems of this of space.
Speaker 2: Like from another planet.
Speaker 3: Had a thunburgie but like pop star but just and she was talking. She's Norwegian too, so maybe that's it too. She has the you.
Speaker 1: Know, she's got a weird accent accents, but she sings.
Speaker 3: Beautifully and she has this really good David Bowie cover of ground control. So maybe that's why I think of space when I think of she the only.
Speaker 1: Now I can now it's making sense. She literally then I heard her talking.
Speaker 3: I haven't heard of her for years, but I just saw a clip that was like she was like they were like, but who are you?
Speaker 2: And she's like, I don't care who I am. It doesn't matter. It's not up to me who I am. I am not. I can be anyone any day, I can change any time. I can be impressive one day, I can be disappointing the next I can be some who does something very bad, and then someone who does goes, I don't want to do that anymore. Every day I'm someone who this is none of my business who I am.
Speaker 3: It was something like that, and I was kind of like, that's an interesting concept that enough psychedelics might get into and deprivation tanks or how do I get there?
Speaker 2: And do I want to be?
Speaker 1: You're gonna take a bunch of shrooms and d MT and release yourself from your ego. And I think people like that are quite frankly and sufferable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I liked I would like to be around this girl, But I also like someone who has a lot of humility and a little bit of shame about themselves because it makes them a little more interesting to me, and you know, you want to be around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But she's like saying, like, I don't even she doesn't have an identity. When you talk to her, you're not talking to a person.
Speaker 2: She gets it because it is true. We're all like just machines, all have.
Speaker 1: Yes, well, you and her will get along. I would be like, can you just stop. I would think she's an act because it makes her feel superior to everyone else to be like I'm beyond ego and it's like, well, aren't you fucking special?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good point. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't really encounter that many people like that, and I guess there's a reason for that because they probably are insufferable. But I was thinking about Yeah, so like just that, I guess the clips I'm being sent on Instagram, I really now I'm gonna pay attention to this because I don't like the fact that you did not even see that Travis Taylor thing, because it's all I saw, and that's not fair that that's all they're giving me.
Speaker 2: What did you like? What am I missing out on?
Speaker 3: And do I I just bought the Washington Post because I'm like, stop, Nikki, stop not paying fifty dollars a year because there's a paywall support journalism read news Like I'm like, I'm I'm done not paying for I'm gonna buy every fucking magazine now that anytime there's a paywall, I'm buying it. If it's like a good institution of journalism, I have to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get that. That's been happening to me a lot too, And it's like you used to get it for free on the Internet. And I think that's why the put back is there, because you're like, wait, now you're going to make me pay three dollars, and it's like it's three dollars, whereas if it was always three dollars you would have you would be like whatever, who cares?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it should be people need to make a fucking living writing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it makes sense. I don't know if it's I don't know if it's worth what they're charging, like if it's a sustainable uh business, but we need it. It's requirement for democracy is the press, the free press?
Speaker 2: Yeah, why isn't a tax support? Why isn't it like tax supported.
Speaker 1: Like public Well, there's NPR, there's PBS. No, the BBC, which is BBC, which is publicly supported in the UK, is the most trusted news source out of any news source regulated.
Speaker 2: If the government does pay for it.
Speaker 1: They just have honor. They just don't. They don't. BBCs is perceived as in the latest polls.
Speaker 3: How do they let them have honor if they're controlling the pucket book.
Speaker 1: Because they're not in they're not for profit. Their goal is not to shock you or to appease you.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying if the government is paying for something. Yeah, the government seems to be like, I want it done the way I want to do it. So I how does that not get corrupt?
Speaker 1: I'm sure it's a little bit corrupt.
Speaker 3: But yeah, Like the government is going to just be like, we're gonna let the road guys build the roads where they want to build them. No, we're going to tell them that this is the highway we want and the direction we wanted to go in.
Speaker 1: I mean, you got to imagine that everyone's corrupt and the whole world's corrupt, and the BBC is no different, but they do at least perceive themselves as just delivering the facts and not delivering all of this extra analysis that kind of pushes you towards.
Speaker 2: Words that can make you completely feel differently about the thing.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, and no comments.
Speaker 3: I love when a news organization doesn't have a common section, like mostly because they don't have any subscribers to generate discourse. But I like not like looking for comments and I'll go, no, oh, you don't get any. Nikki has to make your own opinion up about this one. What are you gonna do, Nikky?
Speaker 1: You try to find that crutch of the comments like I'm not sure what a feel it, and then you try to find them when there's on your back. I gotta do it myself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I go to Reddit and I go which which place do I trust to discuss this?
Speaker 2: Like who's talking about this right now? Yeah?
Speaker 3: It's like which is good? You seek what other people? Like, what's the cultural thought about this? But it is interesting, like we're talking about actually the Will Smith slap the other night and how like we each on our own were like we were all like alone when that happened. It was kind of late at night most people were when they saw it live, and like what your initial thought was? And then then you start just in who you called first, and like how did you process that insane insane thing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean Bad Boys Too is out now, So I think Will Smith's been forgiven.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it's that's all. It just takes a little bit of time. Yeah, but everyone can come back. Jt' he's gonna be a He's gonna be better than he ever.
Speaker 1: I fucking hope. So, because I am really I am really anti driving under the influence. I think if you do that time you should have your head cut off.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: I also empathize with addicts that don't have the abilities to make good decisions because they have a disease, and unfortunately that disease can land them behind a wheel. And we would have compassion for other people's diseases that made them do crazy things, But alcoholism seems to be like it's your You're in control of it, and a lot of people aren't. So I do have empathy if that's the way this is going. Also think it's the worst thing ever. And if you're rich enough, you should have a plan in place that if I ever drink, I don't drive. Yeah, but you know, he could be just like pulling back a little bit and trying to make cuts budget cuts here and there.
Speaker 2: We don't know what his life is like.
Speaker 1: Yeah he's got a fifty seven.
Speaker 2: Dollar Uber black.
Speaker 3: But yeah, what were we saying about JT or what was I think it was saying something before him?
Speaker 1: Yeah that they just getting your ideas from the comments section and going on Reddit and finding out where I gotta just.
Speaker 3: Get new things up in there. I don't want to see any more facial surgery suggestions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're your algorithm is now getting boring, So all you have to do.
Speaker 2: Is going boring, it's getting it's ruining.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're in a you're targetting.
Speaker 2: Me in a way that I'm like, it's bullying me.
Speaker 1: You're in an echo chamber, just like everybody else. The way you get out of the echo chamber is easy.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, Will Smith's slap. I want to know where you were, That's what I was talking about.
Speaker 1: Oh where I was? I was just I was with my wife. I think I was sitting.
Speaker 2: Did you think it was a bit at first? That's what it was.
Speaker 1: With my wife because she was texting me about it, like, can you believe that you just that that just happened. I don't know where I was when this, but I do remember thinking I'm on Chris rock side no matter what happens.
Speaker 2: Because I did you think it was a bit at first? Is my question?
Speaker 1: Right? I definitely felt like it was. It must be a bit at first, But then.
Speaker 2: The slap was how many seconds?
Speaker 1: Five seconds? Because Chris Rocks after the slap, After the slap, when he's walking up there, I'm like, this is a bit. Obviously, there's no way that this is.
Speaker 3: There was not one second I thought it was a bit, And I don't know why. I'm proud of that, but I just knew not one second. I can't believe people even did because for me, maybe let's say it was one second. Instantly I go, this is bomb, this is not good. Yeah, and neither of these people would ever allow something not this not good to happen.
Speaker 2: I was just like this, this can't happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, the audience certainly was tricked because the audience was still laughing even after the slap, which is really that's crazy that you can see like an assault happened and be like ha ha ha No.
Speaker 3: Because I think a lot of people thought it was a bit an even post slap for a while.
Speaker 1: But you see a real slap. I mean that was a vicious slap.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Even if it was a bit, it's like will like chill, it was just a bit.
Speaker 3: It was oh yeah yeah yeah like that, or it was a good like I'm sure they could fake.
Speaker 2: Slap that good. I mean they, I mean, don't or is that all just like done post.
Speaker 1: I guess that could potentially fake a slap back, but it really that seemed like vicious. And even if it was fake and it was that vicious, yeah, I'd still gasp instead of laughing clap.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: It was just a moment that I was like, oh my god. I like I remember I compared it to something else that was crazy, and Ari got really mad at me this weekend was like you could just crazy and I go, no, it's just as probable as nine to eleven. I compared it to something and I'm just like, I'm not saying one is. No, it wasn't nine eleven, but it's something kind of catastrophic where people died. And ARII was like, that is not the same, and I'm like, I don't think it's the same stakes. I'm just saying it's the same like craziness where people were just like wait, is this real? And I just love when things happened like that, especially at the Oscars, where you thought the craziest thing that could ever happen is that the Best Picture nominee would be the wrong one read.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I remember just thinking like, that's the craziest thing I'll ever see on TV.
Speaker 1: Wow, And they really taught was that the next year.
Speaker 2: That No, that was like probably six years later.
Speaker 1: I remember watching that too and that I was like, Wow, this is just so this was so fucked up. It's crazy just how the oscars is like kind of fading into obscurity and no and not people don't care about it anymore. And he really requires a moment like that even to like make the news right.
Speaker 2: That is because watching the Stanley Cup Finals last night, it was like such a big deal in Florida wherever it was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Andrew Collin has a tattoo of a panther on his arm because he wanted to represent Florida on his arm.
Speaker 2: This couple weeks of his life where he was like getting.
Speaker 3: Tattoos because it's just that face of his sure late thirties, and he got this really cool I mean, he's really well done this panther.
Speaker 2: And we were all like what is that for?
Speaker 3: He did it alone, and he's like, it's for Florida because the Panthers, Like, are you know Florida Florida.
Speaker 2: Panthers, Yeah, which is the hockey team that's h two.
Speaker 3: But like he he also thought panthers were in Florida, like that they were like native to Florida, and then he checked and.
Speaker 2: They haven't been there since like the Jurassic period. They haven't been there since in millennia and it's so funny.
Speaker 3: But I wrote them last night saying like your your tattoo is like paying off today, Like that's it's putting panthers on the back down there and in a way that's beyond But that was Did you even watch the stand? Like I watched that and then I go on my Instagram, I'm like, wow, I didn't see a single thing from it. They know that generally I would not give a fuck, but they they're gonna start understanding. Like I wonder when sports stuff is going to start making its way in my feet because I'm trying.
Speaker 1: To ball, got it? I mean football is definitely gonna make its way into your feet eventually, I hope.
Speaker 3: So I need to work on understanding it better. I'm really looking forward to doing football related stuff for this fall, like on a TV way, because it's really fun and I love working with everyone involved in that world. I feel like they're very similar to comics.
Speaker 1: Do yeah, agree? All players are awesome.
Speaker 3: And just like the people are that like sports that like the I don't know. I just feel like I can kind of talk, even though don't literally talk the language of sports. I feel like I can hang with people who do in a genuine way.
Speaker 1: You're joking all the time.
Speaker 3: I'm always at I'm talking like I'm at a Buffalo wild wings all day long in the lock like locker room, like all like that in church.
Speaker 1: So, I uh, the marriage of sports and comedy is so obvious now to me in retrospect, I'm shocked that it hasn't happened in a more significant way prior to basically the roast.
Speaker 3: I think it's because comedians are so like boned up for sports that they can't relax around athletes in a way like that's I'm just kidding, But I'm not like there might be that vibe where because I know that I couldn't really be comfortable around Taylor Swift like I could, but it would be you know, it would be harder. But because I don't know the magnitude of these people, yeah, it makes it easier for me a.
Speaker 1: Little bit superpower. You're you're immune to their celebrity.
Speaker 3: To stop to not hair. But I do care about these people. I love Pat McAfee. Actually I followed him since I did the show and I love him, And he did a post about how Travis Kelce like he was like he had to throw all her ex boyfriends under the bus. But he's like none of those other schlubs that she stated whatever, be this funny and this and put themselves out there like that.
Speaker 2: And he's right, He's right. I don't think.
Speaker 3: I do think Joe would have probably performed had she asked, but no, he kind of kept her secret. So I think I think Pat's right that I just love he's just uh. I just like the way these they talk very frank and like harsh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then they're having a good time most most doing what they I mean, Yeah, they they're doing what they love and they like having a good time. And it's it's true if I think a lot of athletes so over across sports. It's not just football, but football is the biggest sport, and these guys are like celebrities.
Speaker 3: Because they dedicated their like formative years to so many hours practicing that they kind of have a little bit of a stunted growth, which I feel I have as well. What do you what's your level of maturity?
Speaker 2: You feel?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: What age do you feel? And I know that's not like across the board you're like this age, but what do you think you feel like you.
Speaker 1: I've been, you retain a lot of I've been in my fifties. I've been in my fifties since I was eight years old.
Speaker 2: I mean that's hilarious.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've always been something that you haven't been yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, well at the maturity level emotions, is it going to be amazing?
Speaker 1: I always said I think my best deck is going to be my forties, and I hope it is. I'm not there yet. I'm trying to set myself up for my forties. That's my whole goal.
Speaker 3: Forties is good so far, I said. Someone asked me my age and I just got to say forty for the first time. Yeah, I think yesterday and it felt really good.
Speaker 1: Forty. That's that's peak career. I mean, forties is when you're supposed to be, like, you're past that point where you're figuring things out.
Speaker 3: A real fucking person in your peak. You know, like if you you are the smartest, you're the you've retained the most information of life while retaining the most brain to use that information with.
Speaker 2: Now, then it starts to tilt the other way. You lose the brain youating experience.
Speaker 1: I think fifties are okay too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fifties are good. No, I'm not saying, but I think it's forties.
Speaker 3: It starts where you get this respective like this person's been around, but they're still youthful enough to like use what they've got. Absolutely, and thirties you're still trying to figure it out. But you kind of look almost forty. So people you look like you should have together. I don't know, I'm just this is what people do when they get older. Is they reason why they're decades is the best because they have no choice.
Speaker 2: But to be here.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Then people in their seventies are like, the seventies is the best decade. All I'm doing is sipping coladas on the beach. Yep, I've got that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I can't wait.
Speaker 3: I'm glad to hear that, because I do want to look forward to something. We have to go to break and so look forward to that after this.
Speaker 1: So this kid came to my door yesterday and he was he was he had a mask on, and he seemed like he was maybe a teenager. And he told me that he was selling coupons for his high school for some reason. And I don't know if that's something that high school kids do or if it was just a scam, but I felt like I was getting scammed while I was doing it. I knew this kid wasn't sing. It's like when kids are selling candy for their basketball team on the New York City subway system. I knew the Girl Scouts or the Girl Scouts. Yeah, they're selling cookies for yeah, yeah, funding al Qaeda. I think that this kid was scamming me, and I knew he was scamming me while he was doing it. But he was so good at scamming me that I decided I'm gonna give him the money.
Speaker 2: You got scammed. Is what happened.
Speaker 1: I got scammed twenty five dollars. He asked me for twenty five dollars. He knocked on my door. I got a slate of coupons that work at restaurants I would never go to.
Speaker 2: Chocolate I got.
Speaker 1: I got coupons to Arbi's and Applebee's, like places I'll never go to. But I I really what was happening was I was very impressed by every technique he was using to make me empathize with him. He did this thing during the middle of the pitch where he goes I think he's probably eighteen or nineteen, but he could have been tricking me. He's wearing a COVID mask, got it. He maybe he was twenty eight. I don't know, yah, he said. But he was so energetic and positive and happy. And then he said, would it be okay? I'm really nervous right now. Would it be okay if I take a deep breath? And I was like, go ahead. He asked me for permission to take a deep breath, which is such an underhand I.
Speaker 2: Will give him twenty five hundred dollars exactly.
Speaker 1: That is so sweet, exactly, So I was like, go ahead, take a deep breath. He takes a deep breath before the pitch. He's like in the midst of the pitch. He threw in little tricks like that, every single one of them work, you think, perfectly, I think it was. I can't imagine unless he was just so naturally empathetic.
Speaker 2: What what percentage of you thinks that it was a trick? Like, truly? What the I want to know because.
Speaker 1: You're ninety percent. Wow, this guy is a expert scam artist and not some beautiful high school student who you feel for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he gave twenty five bucks for the performance.
Speaker 1: You got to perform. Yeah, well, and also here's where scam artists work, especially for you. Twenty five dollars for the performance, twenty five dollars just to leave you alone. Yeah, I'd pay you twenty five dollars just to leave because I'm not going to do Yeah, I'm not gonna slam the door in your face. I'm not going to say no, thank you, goodbye. I'll give you the money just so you can leave. And basically that's what I did. I gave him twenty five dollars cash for coupons to Arby's and I don't even know if they'll work. I'm I'm I kind of want to go to an Arby's to try to use the coupon and they're like, what the fuck is the sticker? This is not gonna do. This is we can't.
Speaker 3: And then you take a deep break, you go, can I take it deep? This is the way I can eat it.
Speaker 1: And he said, I'm wearing a mask. I'm so sorry, I'm wearing my mask. My mom is making me wear the mask because she's afraid gets sick.
Speaker 2: Bullshit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all those little tricks.
Speaker 2: He has a sick mom and home. That's what that says.
Speaker 1: All these little tricks were thrown you.
Speaker 3: Know what great Gary Veder and I last week talked about like I found this Reddit thread of like all these manipula like things you could do with psychology to manipulate people, or like the cool psychology tricks, and a lot of them feel I mean, they're so fascinating that they work the thing subconsciously.
Speaker 1: It's got to be the right person. I was the type of person who was unwilling to say, get the fuck out of here. No, I know most.
Speaker 2: People are not willing to even though you're thinking it.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking, and I'm just like, I don't want to. Can you just leave?
Speaker 3: Sorry?
Speaker 1: I don't wish, but it would be nice if I had the foresight to look through my people and say, this guy is a scam and I don't want to even open the door. If I didn't open the door, I would have been safe. But I looked through the people and I thought, for a second, is this ups guy? And is he delivering a package? And that's why I opened the door.
Speaker 2: Believe Yeah, okay, so that's that's it. He got you in that way.
Speaker 3: He probably is wearing like kind of the colors of some like if he's given it a lot of thought, they'd kind of dress like someone who might have a package deliver.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it's a harmless sam.
Speaker 1: Yeah, twenty five dollars. I don't know what that kid's going to use the money for. Maybe he will go to his restaurant that he said he wanted to open.
Speaker 3: Chris was like, there's like a place where homeless people always can't like stay and wait for the you know, at a light and they come to your car.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I give money, and sometimes.
Speaker 3: I just don't because I don't have any whatever or some food end up at them. No, but Chris was saying the other day that he saw one just like smoking crack, like right there, like not even trying to hide it and sharing. No, but there was something about like he was like, you know the thing that you think you hope they're not going to do with the money that you like, they was just doing it there, And I'm like, oh no, Actually, when I give them money, I go go get some crack, honey, Like I hope that gets you some good crack tonight, because you know what, fuck it Like, Yeah, I want them to eat, but I also want them to enjoy this fucking life they have been given, and I know crack has led them there, but it's like, the the only reason it makes it, you able. The reason people smoke crack is because how could you on a street otherwise? Bitch, Yeah, Like it's the only way to make it feel comfortable and to not be terrified and all the things.
Speaker 1: So well, I got to imagine they were smoking crack first and that's what got them to the street, and the crack helps. It's not like they got to the streets and they were like, you know what makes this more comfortable?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, But I mean they started smoking crack because they were uncomfortable in their brains in some way. Sure, maybe they have trauma for pol a station. So they smoke the crack initially because it feels good because they are in fucking mental pain. And then then they get hooked, and then they then they feel like throwing up all day long, and they feel the worst like gallbladder pain unless they smoke it, and they don't want to go through that, and then they're on the street, and then at that point, what's the point of feeling sick like that on the street, Like you just keep doing it.
Speaker 1: And then you got to ask yourself, like what would it take in your life for you to sit at this traffic light begging people for money? And then you kind of realize that.
Speaker 2: I've never loved something the way they love crack. I haven't.
Speaker 3: That's kind of the point. I was trying to make it my special about people who do hair, like Heroin's the best feeling ever, and everyone it says, you know, you should have a kid. The feeling to be a mom and to love a child is the best feeling. It's like, No, Heroin definitely is, because I don't see you on the sidewalk sprawled out sleeping because you love your kids so much.
Speaker 2: You know, like, yeah, your life is still You still get to sleep in a bed, you still get to like go to work or whatever, have a life beloved, have the shelter.
Speaker 3: So yeah, Heroin's gotta feel fucking amazing. You felt it with the morphine.
Speaker 1: Oh god, I was. I could see myself getting addicted to morphine. Yeah, I have another thing. Final thought, is this a scam? I was driving in my car and there were there was a family, There was a guy in the street, a guy on the sidewalk, and children yep. And they were holding up signs that said this is a scam. They were holding up signs that said we're raising money to pay for funeral expenses. Its dead.
Speaker 2: Who is a shit?
Speaker 3: Yes, it's a scam, it's a lie. But you know what, that family can't find job and even if they're looking.
Speaker 1: So lying about that someone in their family die, even if they.
Speaker 2: Need it an angle. But what they're doing the kids work. Yeah, begging is work.
Speaker 3: So when people go like, he's just holding the signal day, would you bitch?
Speaker 2: Would you like?
Speaker 3: I don't think it's good and I think it's so sad when they use their kids as like a prop to make to get more empathy. But like things are, life is tough for these people. They don't have the same life as you. You wouldn't do that because you're not them. And so yeah, and it's not nothing to hold to make a sign and to sit there and hold it and beg people people walk by you and actly they don't see you. To literally be a human being who other people ignore and don't even treat like a human being, and to degrade yourself in that way, because we all, whether you want to or not, there's a thing in our society where we look down upon people who are homeless like that, that is not an easy choice to make to do that. So I give them money just by it because I'm like, I wouldn't do that, and I don't think it should be a job per se, But in this country it is a job, and.
Speaker 1: Got someone's got to do it. Someone's got a sign.
Speaker 3: And I'm you know, if you can't afford to give to the homeless, I know it's like don't feed the ducks or whatever, but is it, like, I think it is our job to give a couple bucks their way, and it sucks that our government isn't taking care of them, but until they do, I think it's like the nice thing to help them. And now, by by no means am I saying I give like enough to justify this rantom going on. But I should and I would if someone like I know, Sam Harris does this thing called uh it's called something altruism.
Speaker 2: Uh huh, I forget what it's called.
Speaker 1: It's but it's performative altruism.
Speaker 2: No, it's not. It's not performative because you don't tell people.
Speaker 3: You only tell people about it because you want other people to do it, but you donate ten percent of your income to to make that money go the like for if your money, the best use of money I think to save lives is to buy mosquito nuts.
Speaker 2: I think is what they've determined.
Speaker 3: So it's like, find the company that will make the best use of that money and donate. Always donate ten percent of your income the rest of your life, and like that is I would like to do that someday. I don't know, I know effective altruism, thank you ea, And I would like to do that someday because I preach a big game. Yeah yeah, but I but it is scary because other people don't. And then you think about all that money, all of the Zar, like I could buy all of Zara like season, this whole season and have the whole shop in my and I'll never do that. I won't even buy myself one Zara shirt. Instead, I'm just gonna keep that money because then it'll make more money that i'll keep keeping. And then that money that I keep will make more money that I will then keep, and then I'll die and it'll go to my niece who will do the same shit with it for generations.
Speaker 1: Or you'll wind up spending it on something stupid.
Speaker 3: No, I'll die with so much money. I know I will, because it's the American way. I'll donate it to something in the event of my death. But yeah, I don't. I don't spend money on that stupid of things. So it seems like a good thing to do, so I'll probably this is this conversation has helped me maybe do it sooner than I would have.
Speaker 2: But who knows.
Speaker 1: It's a lot.
Speaker 2: It's a fuck ton, Yeah, it's a fuck ton.
Speaker 3: But it's also like, if you think about it, if I think I could get to a place where I could do it, because I could just think of it as like that money was never mine. That's just the what's that's the price of being a good human and giving back in a way that you would hope people would get back to you if you were on the receiving end of that ten percent.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Now, I think if after you hit a certain threshold, like if you're a multimillionaire or a billionaire, you should give more than ten percent because there's just once you read the tax billions, because the tax incentive and yeah, you just gotta you gotta skirt the system.
Speaker 3: Somehow someone just told me buying a range Rover because it's over two tons, that it counts as like a commercial vehicle and you can write off the entire cost and that's why everyone buys one. And I'm like, for the first time in my life, I'm like, ooh, that's a lot. Like what And I hated that thought of like, oh, I can do it a sneaky tax thing, but that's legal.
Speaker 1: Person brain.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't want a big honkin car, but that what. But I've been in the Range River and they are very nice, and that is that is a.
Speaker 1: Huge two tons that you really need a car that heavy.
Speaker 2: No, that's the thing. I don't want a car that heavy. That's so dangerous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I killed the guy from Star Trek. Really, I don't remember a car he had, but he got smashed by his own car because the break.
Speaker 2: Oh driveway, No, I don't think it was.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't want a two ton vehicle to drive up a mountain or that's what they're for. I just feel like it's so heavy, it's like it's almost like dangerous, like it's gonna smash the road or something.
Speaker 2: Literally is it just feels too much.
Speaker 1: Too much. I mean now, to be fair though, if you hit into it, if you get into a car accident, you'll just decimate the other person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're gonna be okay.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I haven't checked the safety on those, but yeah, they're fucked. But that's the thing.
Speaker 3: I don't want to drive something that can cause mass destruction to like a party bus of teams. Yeah that aren't wearing their seat belts because you know they they ran a red light.
Speaker 2: It's not gonna be my fault. We know that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I do want to say I'm fifty to fifty on the funeral thing. I was really considering giving them like fifty bucks because I was like, I believe them.
Speaker 3: I would put that at a ninety percent ninety eight percent, ninety eight. I think they're down and out. I think they yes, and I think Grandma did die at some point. But that's where they got the story from. That's remember when we need money for that, that would have been a good thing. Maybe we got money that really seemed to make people give us money. Yeah, they walked through it already.
Speaker 1: New it was like a real live GoFundMe scam. They were just doing it in person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in front of the target. Yeah, it happens a lot here too. It's really sad when the kids are involved. But you know what I always think about, like, oh, I can't wait to read that little girl's book someday, Like I really just I project onto her that she's going to be a star and make something of this and get out to this and this will be just a really great story that enriches the person that she is and what she overcame.
Speaker 2: But it's it's, uh, you know, that's not.
Speaker 1: And those are just the ones you hear about now. Most of the time they just kind of drift into obscurity and wind up working at a subway and it's just kind of like.
Speaker 3: Okay, or a boost mobile. Okay, we made it full circle.
Speaker 2: Everyone. Thank you for listening to the show.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be on tour this weekend tomorrow or tonight in Chandler, Arizona, if you're near the Phoenix area at the River's Otter Casino, the no the River's Edge, the river what was it, the Guila Monster, the.
Speaker 2: Gila Monster Monster Casino. I think it's called.
Speaker 1: Otherwise known as the Komodo Dragon River.
Speaker 3: Gila, Yes, Gila River casino there it's I'm sure it's an enchanting place.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to go. I'll see you there and then besties.
Speaker 3: There's just tons of tour dates that you got to hop in on. Note the meet and greets are not happening on new tour dates, So if it's a new added tour date, there's no meet and greet. I just don't want you to get excited. But on the old tour dates where there's single seats, I think a lot of still available. Those do still have meet and greets. So this is the announcement of that. I am, I am. What's the word Weaning yourself away from meet and greets, tapering, tight, trating.
Speaker 1: Meet and great, getting too much?
Speaker 2: Huh, it's getting too much.
Speaker 3: I love meeting people so much, but it is draining of my energy that I need and I feel like it's just it's it's it's worth.
Speaker 2: It when I meet you.
Speaker 3: When I meet you, like when I run into you, and if there's a circumstance in which we can meet at some point, I'm always down for that, Like I love you so much, but I just.
Speaker 1: Nicky in front of the correct Starbucks at the right.
Speaker 3: Time Honestly, a good thing to do is like go to Starbucks within a like a mile radius of where I'm performing that night, and I probably will be at one because I'm usually staying pretty close by a venue. It's like, you know, by the venue that I'm performing at, and then just hang out at the Starbucks and you might see me.
Speaker 2: It's like the best bet you can get.
Speaker 1: But you go to pretty random Starbucks, shre we.
Speaker 2: Could murder me too in that way. So I just gave I just kind of gave a what did you say, Brian?
Speaker 1: If you go to random Starbucks, it's gonna it's a tough gamble because on the road you go to some random Starbucks that are just like this one's five miles away from where we're gonna be.
Speaker 3: In thirty it doesn't have a mobile order. I'm not gonna be at that one. So check if it does mobile order because that'll that'll weed some of those out so you can kind of focus in. But anyway, I do have I think meet and greets will be happening on dates that are into the fall, but it's new tour dates that have been added. Those are second shows, and you can kind of tell when the show was added, check when it was announced. If it was announced post roast, that means no meet and greet, and I'm sorry and I love you so much, and to those who I do get to meet, I'm so fucking excited and I will continue meeting all of you because I'm out and about and also you guys, I'm still right to you and my dms. I'll still heart things, but it's just a little bit too much for now.
Speaker 2: And I love you and you know I love you, and I'm
Speaker 3: Still I keep doing the podcast, so thanks for listening, and don't be cud and I'll stealing her Bi