Speaker 1: What's up, Windows and welcome into Leading Off right here on Fantasy Pros. I'm Chris Welsh. That is Joe Alrico. Happy Paul Skeen's day to you all.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is a schemes day.
Speaker 1: We're actually going to talk about that in a little bit. We got a potential rule change that's going to be coming forward maybe in the near future, I don't know. And what does that actually have to do maybe affecting guys like Paul Skein's home run calls bets and quite.
Speaker 2: A little rookie lookie there.
Speaker 1: We haven't had that in a little bit, but we have a whole bunch of prospect call ups, so we'll talk about some of those guys.
Speaker 2: Leading Off is brought to you.
Speaker 1: By Bet three six', five where you can use the promo code leading off bet five dollars get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets when you sign up. Today go over To bet three sixty five do it use promo code leading off and gambling problem called one eight hundred bets off or one eight hundred. Gambler Mister joe a re, whip there's the wrong. One Had Jaz bubba There, joe what's, up.
Speaker 3: Buddy i'm doing, well my, Friend i'm doing. Well i'm just taking a look at the chat here with all The Paul skins. Talking it's The APPLE tv. Game come, On skins And gilbert like. That we should everybody should be watching. That that's, tough tough to put that On APPLE. TV i know last week there Was Terry scuball And Cole reagan's Also APPLE. Tv give the people what they.
Speaker 1: Want let everybody, say you know, What i'll tell you. This get that boardroom off of trying to go six innings and force pitchers to go six innings and kill. Blackouts and the most important thing of, all if you pay FOR mlb subscription to watch, games.
Speaker 2: You should be able to watch every damn game on that, service no.
Speaker 1: Blackouts and it doesn't matter if it's over on another streaming. Service it is the, biggest the biggest racket on the. Planet and this is what's so. Crazy we are still so focused on, blackouts which is, stupid it's, idiotic but it kind of mutes the whole issue that's going on Of, oh you can now only watch this on this streaming.
Speaker 2: Service they did this With facebook a year or two.
Speaker 1: Ago you can only watch some games On, facebook and then It's, YouTube and then It's peacock and then It's APPLE. Tv if baseball wants to take their products, seriously stop increasing the, bases stop worrying about the, shift stop worrying about how many innings a pitcher, goes and make sure every single person can watch your, games especially if they're a paying customer of hundreds.
Speaker 2: Of dollars for that.
Speaker 1: Product blows my mind that we are still at, this but the streaming services and everything that money talks bigger than you, know what we care. About so then they have to go and sit and be, like all, right you, know six, innings, right one hundred? Pitches maybe you know it's it's, Crazy, JOE i. Don't i'm not passionate enough to be complaining about too, much but that YOU i, MEAN i Have APPLE, tv So i'm not like that, complaining but THAT i would have to have this special service to go see this best game of the day is.
Speaker 3: Asinine, yeah and there's a guy in the chat, Here jake saying he Has APPLE, tv but you Need APPLE Tv plus to watch the. Game everybody's always getting. Screwed what was?
Speaker 2: IT i don't even know what that.
Speaker 3: IS i don't know what that is. Either what was? It there was a playoff football game last YEAR i think where you had to have A peacock subscription. For was it A chiefs game or. Something it didn't affect me here In, toronto but in The, STATES i think you guys all had to get a new subscription or. Something it's like they make it so. HARD i, mean baseball is the worst for sure in terms of like growing the, game but they make it very hard for the average fan to really even know what's going on half the time with all the rules they. Change but another THING i just wanted to point out. QUICKLY i don't know if you saw. This there was A Mike trout video. YESTERDAY i think it Was tops or somebody posted. It he pulled his rookie. Card he was going through the box with this. Kid it feels like we never get those kind of moments for a guy Like Mike, trout who should have been the guy that they've been marketing the last decade. Plus and it just feels LIKE i saw that video AND i was, like that's a that's a great. Video why have we not seen more of this kind Of Mike trout marketing content over the last. Decade it just all all. Around it goes to the overall picture of they just do a bad job of growing the.
Speaker 1: Game, yeah one hundred percent. AGREE i, mean that's. It like their hyper focus and leaning this all. In by the, way THE mlb yesterday or it became, public there's an article ON espn THAT mlb is proposing this six inning inning, rule which it would force starting pitchers To, essentially it's to kill, openers that's the. Idea it would be killing. Openers put a you, know put a concerted focus back on starting. Pitching let's make sure starting pitching is in the best place it possibly can. Be it's it has some fine. Caveats if you hit one hundred pitches and you're not through, six you can get. Out if you give up more than four earned, runs you can get. Out if you get, hurt you can get.
Speaker 2: Out that's all.
Speaker 1: Fine but to this, point like they are so in the wrong. Space they're focused on all the wrong. Things when we still have umpires who are absolute idiots and don't know what.
Speaker 2: They're do is some are, great by the, way great.
Speaker 1: JOBS i don't want anyone to lose your job, Anything but how about they man the. Robots i'd rather those guys man the robots because those guys don't know what they're.
Speaker 2: Doing the calls are still.
Speaker 1: Bad they have not done the robot umps and they don't want to market the game, properly and that's.
Speaker 2: What they should.
Speaker 1: Do baseball is the worst at marketing their own, game and all they want to do is make it more. Inclusive so it's pretty stupid or whatever the word would. Be you, know they just put it on all those streaming services AND i don't, know we literally weren't going to talk about, that but it's like insanely dumb that it's going, on and the impetus to it is that rule change and then it Is Paul Skeans.
Speaker 2: Day everybody's very. Excited you.
Speaker 1: Know we talked about, THIS i think earlier in the week. Too i've been tracking BECAUSE i have A Jackson merrill bet going. On i've been tracking The rookie of The. Year That rookie of The year has gone to even odds in a week span minus forty five hundred this day last week For Paul skans to Be rookie of The year in THE. Nl it's moved all the way to even money with What Jackson merrill has, done and then Whatever Paul skeins does today will kind, of you, know be a little bit of a telling piece of like if he has a good, game his odds will go back. Up if he has another bad, game it's going to really, move which is kind of. Ironic the other thing to circle back, with just real quick maybe taking this To Paul. Skins you were ON itl with me yesterday and we talked a little bit about, this so we'll end it after, this BUT i was telling you and if you have any take on this With Paul, SKEANS i just worry if they were to implement this type of rule that it could have an effect on some of these rookies where teams would maybe be a little less likely to want to throw these rookie pitchers out there if they would be forced to either go.
Speaker 2: One hundred or six.
Speaker 1: INNINGS i, mean look At Jared jones earlier in the year they pull him after five and fifty seven, Pitches, LIKE i think this would have a negative effect on young pitching in real, baseball but obviously for. Fantasy if they were to implement something like, that and maybe a guy Like.
Speaker 3: SCHEMES i think it's really bad all the way. Around and we mentioned this yesterday AND i listened to a couple of. Podcasts i'm a complete podcast. Addict so a lot of people are talking about, it and a lot of people are, saying why not? Five why not five? Innings if they're gonna make this kind of, limit it would line up with a. Win six is really pushing. It AND i heard some stat that was, LIKE i don't, know roughly forty percent of starts this year wouldn't have reached that. Threshold so we're asking guys to do something that they're not doing right, now which in a year where everybody's getting hurt to this, degree there are some takes that maybe it would limit injuries because guys would have to not go full max effort in an effort to last, longer because you can't go full on one hundred percent if you're expected to throw six plus. Innings but guys are gonna throw max. Effort that's what pitchers. Do you're not gonna be able to, say all, right you're gonna go eighty percent. Today it's just not what these guys are programmed to. DO i just don't see this being a positive really from any, standpoint and the rookie prospect thing, like these guys are not getting called up and throw at six innings, consistently it's, three four and, five and that's something that we're gonna not really be seeing going. Forward Garrett crochet would be screwed under these new. Rules.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well a bigger point here, is like What finway, said there's no way the player union will agree to.
Speaker 2: IT i completely. Agree if they, did it would be.
Speaker 1: Five but, again it's just more of a hyper focus on the things that are not important in baseball when a lot of you will not be able to See Paul skeins And Logan gilbert a pitch unless you pirate. It and that's what people are gonna. Do and by the, way whips not log in sharing the cracking down on that, stuff not giving you my.
Speaker 3: Log in into the chat for everybody not gonna do.
Speaker 2: It, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Exactly all, right let's get into some other. Stuff speaking of pitching, Performances Bryce miller yesterday.
Speaker 2: Seven, innings struck out. Nine he was a.
Speaker 1: Strikeout leader for the. Day yesterday also gave up only two. Hits wanted to point it out and get your take on him as, well because that's back to back zero earn run six plus inning, outings and over his last seven games he has gone six, innings so he would work for qualify for this new rule in six of seven. Games he also has given up zero earned runs four times.
Speaker 2: Over those last.
Speaker 1: Seven, joe so thoughts On Bryce, miller and he's been tinkering with pitches all year. Long he has been an absolute stud Since.
Speaker 3: July, YEAH i think he kind of gets left behind just because of the strength of The mariners pitching as a, Whole Kirby Gilbert, castillo who he might be the fifth best pitcher In, seattle and he's still AN ace level. Pitcher three twenty NINE era for the season is, great a whip of one on the dot nearly eighteen percent strikeout minus. Walk he's really really good pitching in a maybe the best part that he could be pitching in considering the suppression of home runs in the way that it boosts. STRIKEOUTS i think that he's somebody that's always going to kind of just fall below the radar because of the amount of talent that there is there In. Seattle but you, know he's about as good as any of them this. Year, really you.
Speaker 1: Know the funny thing two is one THING i wish we could get On savant at some, point would be like in season pitch change to be tracked here Because i'm trying to remember what it. WAS i think he started throwing the knuckle curve a little bit recently and maybe the, cutter because you see like a three percent usage on the knuckle curve on the. Season BUT i think that was more of like a new. Thing and he implemented more sinker this. Year because he was throwing a sinker seven percent of the, time it's gone to eighteen percent of the, time AND i think that has made That the split finger was the other, thing the split finger, mafia As Brian wu told, Me he's added that the fastball to sinker to then split finger has made him just more efficient twenty eight point five percent with rate on his split finger so, far but he is utilizing seven different pitches at least one percent or more of the. Time but he's added during the. Season he really is sneaky and probably the least talked about of that rotation because It's Luis castillo.
Speaker 2: And Logan gilbert and.
Speaker 1: Whatnot and by the, way chat's going nuts. Here they got they're doing my log in for For APPLE tv. Login The welsh password Puppet joe for pres definitely wouldn't be Puppet joe for Puppet joe FOR prez would not be not be it at. All it wouldn't have anything to do With. JOE i promise you'd probably be like SOME X men. Thing Brayce miller top.
Speaker 2: Thirty next.
Speaker 3: Year, yeah my brain when you were staying, THAT i think twenty five is when my brain initially, Went we're we're in the same, ballpark top twenty, five top. Thirty if he finished top twenty or even, HIGHER i wouldn't be, Surprised but he'll be drafted in like the twenty five to thirty, RANGE i, think.
Speaker 2: Yeah something like.
Speaker 1: That west And wilson yesterday hit for the, cycle going four for. Five he had a solo, homer, obviously but the homer was in. THERE i think he had a double late that ended up doing. That west And wilson we were talking off air before we started this. Up he's kind of a. TRIP i believe he was one of those guys that was out here in THE afl some years. BACK i just don't, remember but you know he's put up some minor, league big minor league, seasons but it's because he's twenty. Nine you, know he's one of those. Dudes he's a quad. AL i just hate to say. It he has been a quad a player the entire. Year so far this season, though he is up three forty. TWO i mean it's like forty eight. Bats but you, know he's doing very. Well he, said a whole bunch of homers and then he just hit for the cycle this. Year is there anything for you On Weston?
Speaker 3: Wilson maybe in a really deep, league like he went thirty thirty in the miners last year in one hundred and twenty five, games which is pretty. Interesting good played, skills doesn't strike out too. Much he's had some pretty good walk. Rates not really this, year but throughout the minor leagues he's been pretty good in that. Regard fifteen team, league no, problem no problem at, all BUT i don't think in shallower format's probably not so.
Speaker 1: Much all, Right yesterday we finally got Back Justin verlander in a rehab, start which is leading to us getting him back with look like next. Week struck out five but was charged with two, runs one earned over four innings On. Thursday this was in that double a. Start looking like he's going to get. BACK i think would be lineup Like Tuesday. Wednesday are you comfortable Throwing Justin vernlander back out right out the? Shoot because you know, what This astros team has been red. Hot Spencer arraghetti is pitching today as we're we'recording, this and he has been strikeout. Monster it's actually a really good matchup two to see if he's going to continue with? This are you gonna be comfortable With verlander right when he gets?
Speaker 3: Back SO i don't think we have a confirmed day, necessarily but next week It's boston And baltimore for The, astros not an easy landing. SPOT i think probably you do throw him out, there BUT i THINK i would be a little more cautious depending on your, Situation like if you're pitching has been so so good this year and you don't need to take a, chance then keep him on the bench. There if you're in a spot where you need to be catching up in terms of, volume you need some, wins you need strikeouts in your rot o, leagues THEN i would do. It but he's not somebody THAT i would start in all four. MATCH i think there's still a little bit of trepidation there on my behalf With.
Speaker 1: VERLANDER i think the best way to say, it it might have been you Or bubba. Recently but it's, like if you are really hugging some ratios and you don't want, to everybody plays it, Different like in points, leagues you're just like throwing dudes out there and you're accruing points and. Stuff and in that, CASE i wouldn't really, bother but you, know if you were really hugging.
Speaker 2: Some of those.
Speaker 1: Racials there's some playoffs that start next. WEEK i don't think i'd be comfortable With verlander off that. SHOOT i want to see what it looks like once he gets.
Speaker 3: Back.
Speaker 1: Though the positive would be like The astros and you, know their offensive SUPPORT i think works really well for. Him but those matchups are kind of, tough SO i would probably be. CAUTIOUS i would cautiously approach starting him to whatever your own certain. Scenario is a couple offensive highlights from. Yesterday Gunner henderson two for four with a two run. Homer think that was number thirty. One Will you're a Bray you two for three with a. Solo, homer by the, way just want to point out what an awesome rookie year he has. Had he's closing in on like twenty and he's been a Offensive rookie of The year candidate this entire. Time and speaking of, That Jackson Churio homard going two for four closing in on a twenty twenty, Season AND i just wanted to get any thoughts AS i really do Think jackson A Jackson. HOLLID i Think Jackson churio is going to line up for a twenty twenty. Season do you Think churio will be a top fifty drafted player next?
Speaker 3: Season, YEAH i think he will. BE i think that he probably should. Be what he's done at twenty years. Old he hasn't been hurting you, anywhere like he's been an asset in all five. Categories he hasn't been overmatched at the, plate and, honestly like maybe it's a little bit too late for him to come. On but we talk a lot About Jackson merrill in This rookie of The year. Conversation is it crazy to think that a stupid Hot september could Put churio and make it kind of a three man race there or is that is it a little bit too late at this point you, THINK i think.
Speaker 2: It's a little too.
Speaker 1: Late but If Paul skeins can go from minus forty five hundred to essentially even money in a one week, span wouldn't say it's, impossible you, know if The brewers catch. ON i mean the thing that Both cheerio And meryll have going for them as they're playing every single, day their teams are in contention where that's not the case really For Paul, skins and that team could shut him down at any, point AND i think that's you, know that kind of makes it a big. Question SO i would say it could. HAPPEN i THINK i Think merrill is the guy though in his consistency in the, year his defensive, PROWESS i think that's what holds him.
Speaker 2: Up but you, know any anything can. HAPPEN i would love.
Speaker 1: BOTH i have bets on both of, them so they would definitely cash out top forty next. Year Playing Little chicken with you can we Get cheerio at top, forty.
Speaker 3: So that puts him in the third round of a fifteen. Teamer, YEAH i think IT'S i think it's gonna. HAPPEN i think it will.
Speaker 2: HAPPEN i think that's the. RANGE i think that's the range he's going to.
Speaker 3: GO i got one for you real, Quick cheurio Or james would next?
Speaker 2: Year, OH i would Go.
Speaker 1: CHEERIO i do Think James, wood with all the adjustments into a new, year could be. Louder BUT i Think i'll go With cheerio BECAUSE i think he's the type of guy that might steal more. Bases you might get even more bases in, There So i'll go With.
Speaker 2: Cheo do you Go cherio?
Speaker 3: TOO i THINK i. WOULD i think they're going to be right around each other IN. ADP i Think wood's probably going to get into that third. ROUND i Mean ellie was into the second, Round abrams was third fourth. ROUND i Think wood's going to be right in that same. Territory, Yeah lee said would Over.
Speaker 2: Cheerio they.
Speaker 1: See that's the problem is Like James wood could rattle off thirty five homers next year and keep stealing RUSSO jj, said would will do. IT i, MEAN i don't disagree That James wood won't develop next. Year it's just you know what we're seeing With, cheerio like really low strikeout rates and stuff like. That he's going to hit higher in the. LINEUP i don't. Know it's kind of tough speaking of we're talking, rookies big. Rookie lookie, here The Detroit tigers are calling up two prospects. Today they're calling Up Jace young and they're calling Up Trey. Sweeney Tray sweeney who they got in The Jack lar. Trade Trace wweney has just been traded all around from The yankees to The, dodgers now to The. Tigers he's going to be called up And Jace. Young who have seen both of these, guys Saw Jayce young a ton because he was in The Arizona Fall league this past. Year young fourteen homers in around four hundred played appearances In TRIPLE a this. Year Tray sweeney around a two seventy average fifteen homers's actually stolen.
Speaker 2: Quite a bit. More he's a bigger. Guy Tray sweeney is Than Jace.
Speaker 1: Young if people are wondering as far as, like you, know my interest in either one of these, guys it's little to. None Jace young is. INTERESTING i Don't he's not like his brother. Though you, Know Josh young at the lower levels in college was like a really high batting average guy who developed into, power and he's been making that change in his entire minor league. Career jace is a guy that's never really ran really high batting. Averages he's got kind of like a front wrist thing where his, wrist you, Know like, Guys i'm doing this visually like podcast people can't, hear but, like you, know a guy will have his like hands up to his head and maybe it's like tilted toward their face or. Up Jayce young has it tilted, outward almost in like A craig council ish type of. Way AND i only say that to, say, like it's always been this like approach THAT i don't, KNOW i don't really. Love i've never really loved his. APPROACH i think there's LIKE i think it will lead to better. CONTACT i don't think it'll ever lead to elite. Power SO i think he's a middling. Guy Trey sweeney stealing some. BASSES i think both of these guys are just. Average they're just not GUYS i would be going to the wire to try to pick up right now in any fantasy, leagues especially for The fantasy playoffs coming. Up another one is The astros are bringing Up Shay, whitcomb who that's another like super interesting, guy a little bit, older twenty five years, old but he's put up monster stats in the minor.
Speaker 2: Leagues twenty five.
Speaker 1: Homers twenty six stolen bases in over one hundred. Games i'd actually be a tiny bit more interested in. HIM i just don't know If whitcomb will play. Enough The astros have screwed with us. ENOUGH i don't know if he will play enough where if they're bringing up by the way they're bringing Up Jay young And Tray sweney with The, tigers where they're not bringing up back Up, torklsen who's been going so like they're showing you who they are the rest of the. SEASON i think those guys have a better chance of playing More. Whitcomb i'm a little bit more excited from the fantasy, standpoint BUT i don't really think any of them are real viable. Options is there any interest for you in deeper leagues than any of these three, Guys.
Speaker 3: Sweeney or excuse, Me whitcomb with the lineup, context considering the power speed he could bring to the table if he starts playing, regularly THEN i could have some. Interest but this time of, season especially for shallow league. Players if you're in a ten or at twelve team, league you can't really take these. Chances you need all hands on. Deck you can't be, thinking, well maybe he'll pan, out like you need those guys that are pretty sure, things and nobody here is a sure thing unfortunately not right.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah And i'm not saying like anyone was doing this particular, thing but you, know like we did this yesterday in it Tal but Like jake McCarthy, is he's obviously been insane under fifty percent, ownership right around fifty, percent and that was like thirty nine percent ownership Between yahoo AND. Espn a's fun is Like junior Camer aro is right, now like you would be better set at this stage probably going with The jake. McCarthy so it's like the only the only weight you're really holding to some of these prospects of the top end. Guys and guess. What Kobe mayo was just optioned to the. Miners he was, like, oh for fifteen with ten strikeouts or just some. Nonsense it was like a fifty percent strikeout. Rate it was, awful hit point five to, six. Atrocious it was as bad As Jackson Holiday's holiday's. Debut should we be done with him In? Dynasty absolutely. Not this is a great time to Buy Kobe, mayo AND i would go Buy Kobe mayo In, dynasty but he's a nothing burger for the rest of your season if you're buying in a redraft cam And. Arrow someone asked, Earlier, hey what you think about? That Start, Listen, LIKE i think he hits the ball really, hard BUT i THINK i said it the day he was called. UP i think he's probably gonna struggle a. BIT i think there's going to be some strikeout. PROBLEMS i think there's probably gonna be a little bit of.
Speaker 2: Contact he's going to.
Speaker 1: Have a, massive awesome outing where he hits, one you, know one. P fifteen and it's a homer and everyone's, Like, eh we're, back and it's, like probably.
Speaker 2: Not it's going to be.
Speaker 1: Inconsistent SO i would have a quick trigger finger with all rookies in redraft right, now but In, dynasty the top name PLAYERS i would take advantage. OF i would take advantage of anyone that gets kind of shaded on Camin aro or shaded On. Mayo so that's my take on. THAT i also want to add real quick as a. Fix found out that the THING i talked about the other day that everyone's brain blew up was. Incorrect WHEN i was saying, that oh, hey, cool The rays brought him, Up this didn't make. Sense oh wait a, Minute september doesn't count towards their days. Played found out that was, true by the, way but that was changed with the NEW cba, Agreement So september does count for service time as of the last year and a half or two. Years SO i was correct that that was the old take In, september but that's gone. Now so The ray's literally brought Up Cameron aro to lose his eligibility if they keep him on the roster the whole. Time so if he really, struggles you, know they could they could boot him back down so they don't lose. It BUT i don't really think they know what they're. Doing and that's all a big story of like trusting some of these teams with their. Prospects The rays are proving us a little bit wrong right now that they're going.
Speaker 2: To use these guys in the right. Way so that was a lot of me.
Speaker 1: Talking that was a lot of prospect, stuff and essentially SAYING i don't really want any of, them But Shay whitcomb is the most. Interesting if you are in a dynasty with open world. Stuff If Shaye whitcomb was out, THERE i would pick him. UP i don't care that he's a little bit, older but he has been. Rocking and then the last, one it's not really, prospect But Edward julian recalled by The Twins, Joe he's Back byron buckson going on the Il do you Want Edward jullian.
Speaker 3: Man i'll never really Quit Edward. JULIAN i don't know if it's A canadian thing or what it, is BUT i think there is a great fantasy player somewhere inside of. HIM i just don't think he's ready at this. Point he's still thirty plus, percent like thirty five percent strikeout rate. Guy but if he ever gets that, down like he gets on base a hell of a. Lot he hits home, runs he steals, bases good. Lineup he could be a great play like next, year year. After but he's still got a lot of ways to go Until i'm that interested in.
Speaker 1: HIM i am not interested in him this. Year, again we are a month out to the end of the. Season i'm not looking for lottery tickets right, now unless you're looking for lottery tickets in like keeper ish. Formats Edward julian got. Released totally would pick him up for next. Year i've SAID i think he has an incredible, eye but he is the most annoying player to me in baseball because he is the most passive person bat on his shoulder until two strikes, happen and then all of a, sudden he's the most aggressive player you've ever seen on the. Planet two strikes, Boom he's swinging in. Everything he's got to fix, that be aggressive in early, counts.
Speaker 2: Use that batter's. Eye so he.
Speaker 1: IS i think he's just the most frustrating player in. BASEBALL i JUST i can't get over. It three up and three, Down Mark viento's two for, five two, homers THREE rbi, yesterday those two HOMERS a lot Of Mark vento's chat in here.
Speaker 2: Earlier he, IS i mean low, key like you, know top what are you gonna call? It like top?
Speaker 1: Twelve is he a starting third baseman next year in? FANTASY i think so.
Speaker 3: Yeah the power Is crazy's sixteen percent barrel, rate forty five on the hard hit he's hitting for average the. LINEUP i, MEAN i Guess Pete alonso and what happens with him might impact things a little. Bit if he, leaves that might signal some pretty dark days In New, york and maybe that lineup won't be so great outside of him And lindor If alonso comes, back maybe they, will you, know keep adding pieces and that would help the supporting. Cast BUT i think the actual skills Of bientos are, Incredible like he's a thirty home run guy going, forward who could hit, you you, know two sixty two SEVENTY i THINK i think he's. FANTASTIC i think he probably will be a top ten third baseman next.
Speaker 2: YEAR i, Mean falonzo, goes it might be.
Speaker 1: Better he probably takes over at first, base you, know unless they go and prioritize that and some other go you, know free agents, signed like A Reeze hoskins or. Something but two seventy five nineteen, homers he's putting up a pretty impressive. Season almost called thirty eight runs though in the. Year but you, know if he is putting more in a prominent piece of the, lineup he'll be good for next year and a great piece to battle with the rest of this.
Speaker 2: Season also on.
Speaker 1: The three, Up Cabert ruiz two for four he had a two homer, game And Logan webb seven to two, thirds seven, strikeouts zero earned, runs quietly does his.
Speaker 2: Job on the, Down.
Speaker 1: Mitchell parker got blasted three, innings ten, hits nine earned runs yesterday in the worst outing of any starting Pitcher jose In kintana four innings he walked for giving up four earned. RUNS i gave up seven hits And Mitch spence two and two thirds five earned runs with three. Walks no thank, you. Sir on the injury, Front Tristan cassis is going to be activated here On. Friday barring what has been said is like something. Unforeseen he would be set out to get back into the game, today which is amazing for one of my fantasy. TEAMS i have this one. Team it's this big. Dynasty it's a three sport. League i've mentioned this before where you, can like inner trade baseball for football, pieces and my baseball is just teetered. Between i'm killed with injuries this, year BUT i traded For cassus And i'm a borderline playoff team right, now AND i get to Put cosses back in, there Which i'm very excited. About you Think cassis is going to just step right back into where he left, off or you think are you expecting growing?
Speaker 2: PAINS i, mean at the end of the, day if you Have.
Speaker 1: Cassus you're going to activate him and to put him in a, lineup and that's the most applicable. Thing but is there any like extreme positive or extreme pessimism To.
Speaker 3: Casses, Well boston's lineup has been a lot better THAN i, thought AND i would Assume casts comes back as an everyday, player batting somewhere between third and, FIFTH i would, Imagine so that is, definitely definitely big in terms of WHAT i would expect this. Season that is probably just a chance for him to kind of get his sea legs back and be ready to go in twenty twenty. FIVE i think he'll be very good and startable, player BUT i think it'll probably take a little bit of time to get back into the swing of. Things after all the time that he's, missing there's not a hell of a lot of time to get back into the swing of. Things SO i think twenty twenty five is Where i'm really looking for, him and you'll probably get a bit of a discounted price as well in a lot of cases because you didn't see a lot of them this, year and that's generally the way it. Works SO i like him a lot for next. Year for this, year, obviously you start, him but keeping the expectations and check a little.
Speaker 2: Bit i'm excited to get him back out.
Speaker 1: There and you know, What Josh bell would have been just a great bridge to all of.
Speaker 2: This hopefully you guys picked.
Speaker 1: HIM i actually was able to pick Up Josh bell in a couple, spots and you, know him in That diamondbacks lineup right now would be a great bridge Until cassis gets himself. Going we did get official. Word by the, Way Christian yelich is done for the. Year this had been speculated. ON i think he was saying he was wanted to kind of like see how he could go through a rehab process sometimes of these. Injuries, well he is undergoing season ending back surgery, Today so No Christian yelich for the rest of the.
Speaker 2: Year will have to wait till next. Year so that's a big. Bummer there's a couple of those. Guys Christian yelich is one of those.
Speaker 1: PLAYERS i think that had been sitting on rosters where people are, LIKE i don't know what to.
Speaker 2: Do someone said it.
Speaker 1: Earlier Kyle tucker another one of those where you know his injury has been so. Unknown you hate to be the person that would go and Cut Kyle tucker and then he comes. Back BUT i don't know what we're waiting for With Kyle. Tucker there are just there's no real positive. Updates there's nothing that seems. Imminent obviously The astros would need, HIM i just don't know if they're going to be hard pressed to want to push him before the. Playoffs so you, know if you got him on THE, IL i guess that's all that. Matters BUT i Don't i'm not hopeful That tucker returns.
Speaker 2: This season at this.
Speaker 3: Point i'm not holding out. Hope i'm not dropping. Him to your, point, like IF i Drop tucker and he comes back and wins somebody else a, Championship i'm gonna really hate myself at this point after holding him for four. Months but it's very, strange like this was initially what he, fouled a ball off his shin or something if something like. That it was a shin. Contusion it was like a, bruise and that's been like four. Months there must have been a fracture or something that we just never heard. About it's got to be, it.
Speaker 1: RIGHT i think it's something they're not telling. You it'll be one of those in the off season where they're, like, oh by the, way you, know his leg fell off and we had to reattach it and we're, like, what why didn't you tell? Us like it'll be something more. Dramatic then we had a good question real quick before we get into some. Bets who gets drafted first next, Year trout Or.
Speaker 3: Yelich yelich, EASILY i, think real. Easy, yeah, yeah if he's healthy coming into the. Season at least he's been putting up stats the last couple of. Years. Trout you, KNOW i was actually talking With Justin mason About trout. Yesterday we were both kind of, like If trout's in the one hundred to one fifty, range maybe we take the chance on. Him BUT i Think yelich is still a top hundred. Player he was like this, year what top, seventy top. Eighty he was really good when he was out. THERE i Think yelig goes ahead pretty. Easily you, disagree it's not THAT i.
Speaker 1: DISAGREE i JUST i don't know IF i wouldn't say anything is definitive with those.
Speaker 2: TWO i, mean you, know it's.
Speaker 1: Funny it's like the highlight of the last five months Of Mike trout is that tops video you're talking about where he pulls his own rookie card and it's, like all, right let's pull some games. Played BUT i don't.
Speaker 2: KNOW i GUESS i haven't really thought about.
Speaker 1: It the only problem is is LIKE i Think yelich has some chronic injury issues that you, know, YEAH i Think lee, MY i think this is actually WHERE i was just about to, say, Like i'm not sure either one is top one hundred at this. Point like it's fun and maybe at the, uh maybe at the end of the, day it'll be one of those situations where it's, like you, know all the value is just too good and you want to do it in the nineties or something like. That BUT i don't, know, MAN i THINK i don't Think yelich is that much, more that much healthier Than, trout and it's just he was still stealing.
Speaker 2: Bases that's a big good off season.
Speaker 3: Question he has been healthier though the last couple of. YEARS i Think i'm not looking at the games, played but like over the last three, Seasons i'd be shocked If yelich doesn't Lap trout in games. Played Like yelich had that injury prone label that he kind of shook. OFF i wonder if it's gonna come back to him. Now but if they're both healthy coming into the, season Like yellish had three point fifteen this, year Ten homer's twenty one steals in two hundred and seventy at bat's, like that's that's pretty big time and it's a good.
Speaker 1: Line if they're tied to each. OTHER i think they may be tied to each, other might big guys where it's, like, Oh yellich, Went i'm gonna now go Get, Trout like they're probably, together like Like barry's asking This Jackson merrill by five, Rounds yeah Over Mike.
Speaker 2: Trout this is a.
Speaker 1: Questions but, see this is kind of my point in the. Chat i've seen a couple takes On Mike trout already that, proves like you go into next, year people are gonna you get into that fourth or fifth, round people are gonna start getting. Squirrely they're gonna see that name Of Mike. Trout they're going to get. Squirrely we will do our best job to probably walk you off of.
Speaker 2: That but, yeah that ain't even.
Speaker 1: Close it Is Jackson merrill by a country, mile as they, say WHICH i don't know what the difference between a country mile and a normal mile is except maybe dirt, roads maybe it's bumpier and.
Speaker 2: NOT i would still go With Jackson. Merrill that's my. Assumption.
Speaker 1: Friends it is time that we get in to our best bets of the.
Speaker 2: Day oh you almost forgot.
Speaker 1: There that is, right is Our friday best, bets Not joey P but you do get to see his. Face see at least we bring you Back joe's face every single show that we. Do it is Best bets With welsh And Joe, Alrico, joe you And bubba have been very hot on, here some fresh eyes on. It we had somebody the other day that was When bubba was, here was like not that they were Against, bubba but they were, saying, like let's Get joe's. Bets added to all of, this you are going to heavy. Props you And bubba have been very very player prop. Centric so what are you doing today for your best bets of the.
Speaker 3: Day, yeah we went three for three On, monday big big. Day we hit that crazy under game total for The Snell sale master. Class that was. Great so let's get right back to it With Paul. Skeens Paul skeens and we already have established that most of us aren'tnn be able to see this, game but he's facing The. Mariners Paul skeans Against. Seattle that could be twenty. Strikeouts that could be a Carry wood type of game the way this year has. Gone Obviously i'm exaggerating a little, bit but you're Getting Paul. Skeans it's at eight and a half the, line which is granted it's fairly, high but he's pretty consistently hitting this against very good teams that don't strike out as. Much he had eight against The dodgers last. Time obviously we've seen eight, eleven, nine eight. Eleven so you're getting plus money at eight and a half against The seattle team that strikes out at a historic pace this. Season i'm pretty happily put in my money on that. One and then we talked about this guy actually. Yesterday, well so That's Ryan nelson taking the over five and a half strikeouts on him Against Tampa. Bay there was some talk about maybe he'd go to the, pen but it looks like he is starting today from What i'm, seeing and his strikeout output has been excellent as of. Late you might be surprised nine to seven and nine over his last three. Games there was a two strikeout game mixed in there Against Kansas, city but the previous one was also. Nine he's been racking up the. Strikeouts he gets A tampa team that actually strikes out a decent, bit one of the bottom ten strikeout teams in baseball over twenty four, percent and you're getting in at plus money over five and a half. Strikeouts so really Liking Ryan nelson there as. Well and THEN i will go back to The Vladimir guerrero. Junior, well he has been, unbelievable like truly, unbelievable better than he was in twenty twenty one from some, respects and we're Getting Kyle hendricks And Kyle hendricks is literally like a batting practice, toss so they should get him in the home Run derby next. Year the guy is totally. Cooked so over two and a half hits runs and RBIs this one is not quite As juicy minus one. Fifteen BUT i think all three of these are really really attainable, today and of course over on bet three six five BECAUSE i am a company, man So i'll go check Out bet three six.
Speaker 1: Five company, man you got the old school hat, too we have to get you the new updated.
Speaker 2: ONE i have that same old school. HEAD i got THE bp. Hat.
Speaker 3: WORD i like it. Company it's a nice. Hat it's.
Speaker 1: Good we're rocking the company. Today we have a store by the, way if you guys want to go check it. Out my, goal by the, way for next season is to fill that store before we start the season with some more leading off centric things like maybe a Puppet joe. Shirt will try to get together maybe The joe And welsh. Wrestlers we're gonna we're gonna try to get some of that. Stuff if you guys are, down just tell me that you guys are gonna rock with. It by the, way what a, dumb stupid MORON i am speaking of The mariners thinking about that they Let Jordan. Montgomery wasn't it wasn't that The mariner or, no it was The, Rockies But i'm still a stupid. IDIOT i guess is the big. Key But Jordan, MONTGOMERY i have The Jordan montgomery eight strikeouts against The, Rockies that's what it was the other. Day and it's like those high strikeout teams just getting too cute against them doesn't. Work Like, montgomery he was averaging like one strikeout per.
Speaker 2: Inning just.
Speaker 1: Nonsense he barely ever strikes out over four strikes out eight against. Them the same thing kind of applies for The mariners as, Well like these are just high swing and miss.
Speaker 2: Teams that's why you can kind of.
Speaker 3: Bet.
Speaker 1: Though i'm a little Like dicey about taking high strikeout total sun skemes right, now especially that. Number that would be like a pretty big avoid for, me But i'm down with. IT i do love The Ryan nelson one that was my bet last week was the plus strikeouts and he had. NINE i think this is a good, bet AND i got a little bit of a tag with. Him so my, Bets i'm gonna go with the same kind of logic of what you're talking about With Ryan, nelson And i'm gonna just take The diamondbacks money line. Today you can get it at minus one. Twelve it's a decent pitching. Matchup diamondbacks have been absolutely on. Fire there's definitely a falling knife to. Them like when is that not going to? Happen i'm not really sure it's. TODAY i like What nelson is set up for AND i like The diamondbacks in. General so minus one twelve on the money. Line i'm also going to take A yankees run line.
Speaker 2: Today Garrett cole is on.
Speaker 1: The bump against The Detroit, tigers AND i actually really wanted to take The Garrett cole. Strikeouts it's plus six and a, half but it's like minus one sixty, Five and why DO i like? That so a bunch of rookies throwing a bunch of rookies out. There but WHAT i do like for that is a nothing burger pitcher with a bunch of rookies out there for The yankees to both on the pitching side and on the hitting side take this. Game So i'm taking the run line at minus one and a. Half that's right around one. Fifteen and then you guys, know if you've watched the shows throughout the, Season i'll do this Sometimes i'm doing my drop DOWN k, parlay and what that means Is i'm taking the number right under they're actual over under And i'm parlaying it. Together So Garrett cole six and a, Half i'm taking, Six Ryan nelson five and a, Half i'm taking, five And i'm pairing those two together And i'm getting plus one. Twelve So Garrett cole plus six strikeouts And Ryan nelson plus five that gets me plus. Money those are my best bets of the day And Joe rico's best bets of the day brought to.
Speaker 2: You i'm trying to get the board up. Here there it, Is, hey look at. That yeah bet three six' five bets of.
Speaker 1: The Day With joe rico And Though, welsh joe what do you got for your home run? CALL today i think YOU'VE been i think you've done decent. At this the, Other day joe's, Texted, me man we're. REALLY rocking i was three and oh one bets you hit your HOMER while i was a big old fat donut on the. Betting side so now you can have the home run all take the three and oh, Betting.
Speaker 2: Day joe so who's your home?
Speaker 3: Run call we're a, team, here well she one of, Us succeeds we both succeed one. Of us fails were. Both FILLED but i THINK it's i think it was a good day the other day when we had three bets and get a home. RUN combined I think i think we're. Doing okay it, Was SOLID so i think somebody POINTED out i believe It was lee and the chat. Earlier today are we just All Taking patrick corby and Everybody Against? Patrick corbyn indeed. We Are nick castillanos Is who i'm, Going for so make sure everybody's safe at. Home TODAY but i am Taking A nick castellano's home run Call Against. Patrick corbin that one should be pretty easy money for anybody member Of the. Phillies, Today CORBYN like I Mentioned kyle, hendricks earlier these guys should started batting practice clinic TOGETHER because i don't know what they're. STILL doing, I mean corbyn's collecting those what, is it thirty million, dollar checks but he so he has no real reason. To Leave But kyle, hendrick's like, you know go sit on. The patio it's it's it's time to call it.
Speaker 2: A Career patrick corbyn's living the.
Speaker 1: Best life, oh yeah all the money in, the world just throwing meatballs out every, single day not putting a strain on. HIS arm, i mean Just, look hey look at.
Speaker 2: M mob i go. Four innings he's living a.
Speaker 3: Great life can You Imagine, Patrick Corbyn Anthony Rendon chris bryant podcast where they just sit around and talk for playing all? The money every other podcast doesn't air because it didn't. Record correctly, AND yeah.
Speaker 2: I love i. FEEL bad I Love. CHRIS bryant i don't.
Speaker 3: LIKE that I should brian in with. THOSE guys. I shouldn't that's not right.
Speaker 1: Of me, But No anthony rendone wouldn't, show up he wouldn't be there for he'd phone it in five. Minute interview i'm gonna Go With. Aaron judge i'm gonna be Cheap and i'm gonna be Lame and i'm gonna Go With aaron judge because i want it through. The Weekend and i've also got a brand new board. For you and would you look at? This nonsense joey? How rude is? This too ethan our? Art guy just To? Spite WONKY and i know it's a numerical thing or a, letter thing but He put Joey Over, wonky Penguin And wonky penguin has been there all. Year long wonky should. Get it but you know it was to the, letters here but they've both got. Thirty six they are twelve and thirteenth on.
Speaker 2: The board your.
Speaker 1: Leader Is b trot at. Forty three back in It With south african g at, forty Three l scale at, Forty two Larry And silent dragon. At forty we have five people in the. Forty range we are going to get. Over fifty this is might be the biggest home run. Season ever thirty three is what needs to get on. THE board I believe i am at THIRTY so i am still. Not there how stupid? Is that and how lame? Is that But Hopefully aaron judge will get me on the board a. Little bit it would have been FUN if i picked a, different Name but i'm not going TO because i need to get on that.
Speaker 2: Stupid. Board friends that.
Speaker 1: IS it i do want to, remind, you guys if you want a little bit more On The fantasy, PROS action i know this is the. Baseball front We've got fantasyfests coming Up. On monday it's a five hour long live five hour live stream that we're doing on the YouTube dot Com Slash. Fantasy Pros joe piezapia will. BE there i will be there and there's even some baseball people that also. Do Football, scott pianowski who was with us, Last year i'm gonna be doing a show with him five. Hours straight if you guys want to come and check, that out we'd love to.
Speaker 3: Have.
Speaker 2: You also joe.
Speaker 1: Myself and bogman our New show Out, of bounds we're gonna be Doing on tuesday On, the discord and you guys can be a part Of the discord if you're, Not already Fantasypros dot Com slash chat just.
Speaker 2: The show you're, right, here, like oh. There's yell it's actually let's pick a better one who's. Not hurt they're all kind of hurt.
Speaker 1: Right Now but Fantasypros dot Com, slash chat you can get in and check out that show and.
Speaker 2: Tons more you can come have fun. With us make sure you do.
Speaker 1: So otherwise we will Be, Back, Monday wednesday friday. Next week We Got casey bubba Here. On monday joe'll be Back. On wednesday find Him on Twitter At joe rico. Ninety nine you can find me At is It. The Welsh good luck, this week especially if you got playoffs. Next week we'll be here to help you out until. Next, Time friends we'll talk to you right Here On. Fantasy pros leading. Off peace.
Speaker 4: Thanks for listening To The Fantasy Pros fantasy. Baseball podcast if you love, the show the best freeway to support us is by leaving.
Speaker 2: A positive Review On apple Podcasts.
Speaker 4: Or spotify follow us, On, x instagram and TikTok At, fantasy pros and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot Com Slash FANTASY pros mlb