Speaker 1: So let's talk about the Kardashians and this disaster. They have been getting a lot of heat because they donated things from Costco and people are saying, you can buy Costco. They donated meals from a restaurant to a fire station, and that's a drop in the bucket.
Speaker 2: You're all billionaires.
Speaker 1: And then they donated money after no and then they promoted Skims at the worst possible time and people were enraged. And then they donated money from Skims, you know, to frost it, which people are very smart. People caught on. I mean, I'm not saying they're right about it. I'm just saying people caught on. They said the devil works hard, but Chris Janner works harder.
Speaker 2: Okay. So they have.
Speaker 1: Gotten dragged not because they did anything so drastically wrong, because they donated. You know, we don't get to count other people's money and tell them what to do. They got dragged for having private firefighters at their house. And I saw someone at social media saying, what is money? Why did you make money and build this house so you're not gonna protect it? You know, it doesn't they're not firefighters that would be working on the big fires. So you can split the difference. It's not a great look. It doesn't mean that you might not do it if you had the money. It doesn't mean that they're wrong. It just means that it's like, all together, not a great look. Now, I'm not against them. I have met Chloe, she's lovely. I've met Cordy she was fine. I met Kylie, she was We did not really, she didn't really say anything. I've met Chris, she was fine. And I've met Kim and she was nice. And I hear that, you know, Kim is a very nice person and on time, and like they're very hard workers. They are entrepreneurs. They are very successful, they are very smart. They have really monetized it, and everybody gave them their flowers and their money, fair and square. But the age of elitism being over, it is sticking out like it is glaring, the era of I'm up here, you're down there, the flaunting of wealth, all of these things I said on this podcast when I was just done and I was just full, I just thought, we cannot support this flaunting. This I'm a humble brag on a yacht, this lifestyle, These kids that think that you have to be in full beat hair and makeup twenty four hours a day, and your waist has to be sinched it and you have to have extensions on, and you need to all look exactly the same and your clones and then everybody had got the BBL butts. But then the Kardashians all presumably went on something to lose weight at the same time, and then their bodies are smaller, so everybody goes that way. And then we lose sixteen pounds in a week from Marilyn Monroe and like, you know, to wear that outfit. It's just all seems so superficial at this time, which is ironically hiding Montag's song that's gone viral and it's not superficial at all, So I'll get into that too. But people, not even me, I don't care. I don't know what they're doing. People have been waterboarded with this flaunting of luxury and with all of this tragedy, and with just the social media being about being real and not authentic, with them not fully translating, you know, on certain apps to the same level that they have on the more superficial look at me apps, or just the average person just doesn't want to hear about and see it. It's just too unrelatable and it's part of the elitism, the age of elitism being over, celebrity being over. It's just shifted. And they had an incredible decade long run. It was an era. It's an entire era. What they've done is will be studied in business books. But the audience has just said enough. And I predicted this. I predicted this on this very podcast in the Hamptons. I was in my basement and I said, we need a Kardashian klened, We need a Kardashian intervention. We don't need the humble brags and listen. I was on a show that was about the age of elitism. The housewives have jumped the shark. The views are abysmal because the age of elitism is over. Having the twelve thousand dollars Barkin is not relatable. Putting it on television like a character, and you know, sitting it in front of a camera and showing its price underneath and might as well and naming it is not and calling them her is not relatable. And it used to be aspirational and now it's just pretty vile. And I have a lot of luxury goods. I have a watch collection. Okay, I have beautiful homes. I have had all the bags. Like maybe out of insecurity, maybe out of flexing, maybe out of the game, maybe out of competition, maybe out of showing off on television, maybe out of being on the Housewives. This is what I'm wearing competition. You know, Denise Richards went on The Housewives with shorts and a tank to up and they looked at her like she was a fucking alien. Because people are wearing ball gowns in their basements when no one's gonna see them, when they're shooting scenes on vacation, like not their basements but their balconies. Like it's just it's performative, and that's fine. That's what it is. It's an art form. It's now a different show. It's now theatrics great. It's just not landing because people don't want to see a vile, vulgar display of wealth anymore. They just don't want to. You know, I sol fifty handbags. I have the receipts to prove it. I am about to make a sizeable donation to be strong. But I believe it's going to be North Carolina because we're gonna get into North Carolina. I'm not a hero. I am wealthy. I have a lot of things. I fly first class. I'm not you know, moving into a box. I didn't lose my house. I'm just saying that there's a line of where people want to see the highs and lows and what something costs and know what it is. Because there are wealthy people that want to buy some of the things that you have, and then there's the affordable things and you don't have to perform any of that. I'm just saying there's a line where it becomes vulgar and it becomes flaunting, and it becomes I'm rich and you're not. And the problem is that they're not going to be able to win for losing because if they then wear in expensive things, it's going to be a costplay. You know, they're going into Target, it's a costplay. They can't win for losing. So I guess that's why the Kardashians have been quieter with a K than ever. They have been quieter than ever. You know it, it's not just because the media doesn't report on them as much, which they've just been quieter than ever because they know that they have to stay quiet and this time where no one has the bandwidth for luxury and astronomical displays of wealth. And I'm not I don't hate the player hate the game, you know, don't hate the player at the game.
Speaker 2: I'm not. I'm not criticizing them. I'm really not.
Speaker 1: I'm speaking to what people are digesting and what people are talking about. Walmart Burkin broke the Internet. Okay, what is the Walmart Burkin? The Walmart Burkin is a bag that is a knockoff of an air mez bag that does not have the logo, that has an additional strap, that is made in China, that has just been put on the Amazon website. A third party market plays just I mean a marketplace that sells third party merchandise. So Walmart took the entire media blitz for this when Amazon has been doing it for years, and they do it wider and deeper. Amazon is Chinatown, just so you know. Amazon is Chinatown. It is knockoff central for any and everything. Walmart just it became a good sound to say that there's a Walmart Burkin. And Amazon and Walmart do roughly the same revenue, like six hundred and fifty million dollars a year approximately, and there could be an intellectual property issue, although there probably isn't because if Amazon has been doing it so wide and deep for so long, then I don't think there's an intellectual property issue with Walmart. Maybe their supplier ran out of bags, which is why they sold out. It's been everywhere. It literally broke the internet. But here's the bigger picture, and here's what it means. Here's what was happening as a residual effect. What was happening was the wealthiest of women in a panic, are in a panic, needing to tell on social media why the Walmart? Why the air Mes burkin is so much more elea, Why the craftsmanship, Why the stitching, Why the leather. Okay, it's a twelve one hundred dollars bag compared to an eighty five dollars bag, so it's fairly lost on people when they're like, oh, this has strong saddle restitching. People like, right, I'm putting my shit in it. My tried end is going to be at the bottom of the bag and I'm going to drop, you know, have a bottle of water.
Speaker 2: It's going to open there.
Speaker 1: Like that's what people are actually saying, but what's more important is the people that can afford it, that can't afford a burkin, which is everyone went in and.
Speaker 2: Stormed the castle.
Speaker 1: There's a pride to this also, where they didn't want to have a knockoff. They don't want to have a bag that says Airmes on it. Then their friends are like, what are you doing. You're wearing a fake bag that you can't afford, because that's not dignified, and that's you know, shame, and you feel like you don't belong. Walmart gave everyone licensed belong Walmart set. It doesn't have a label on it, and it has a strap. It's your bag, far and square. It's eighty five dollars. You get to wear it. So they have been storming the castle and saying to the rich people, guess what, we're here too. It's absolutely a problem for Aaron Mez no matter what they say, it has to be and it's a marketing problem.
Speaker 2: And the bigger.
Speaker 1: Picture of that is that it's the age of elitism is over, the age of celebrity is over, the age of I'm up here, you're down here is over. The age of luxury goods. In many cases as we knew it is over. There's a pride in people having a dupe. Now now, I believe in celebrating the original designer. I believe, and I started this thing on social media called handbag University. I believe that these people that can afford the eighty five dollars bag should not be buying a knockoff because they're sticking it to the man that they hate. So it's a person you hate, you're maybe jealous of you you can't afford to be with, you know, or the item you can't afford to have, and now you're wearing it. So it's like you hate it, but you're wearing it. People could say that about me with Chanel, but I I would take such a financial loss on the things that I own and I get it. So I'm saying, by the way, wear the knockoff if you want, don't wear the knock off if you don't want. I'm not judging. I'm saying handbag University is about finding phenomenal bags that are so affordable, like thirty dollars forty dollars, so we could feel proud and not have a bag that just has a triangle on it to make us feel secure and ABCDEFGHI letter l V letter on it, just to make us feel secure. Because I've seen tank tops of triangles that people are paying hundreds of dollars for. It's a tank top, it has a fifty cent triangle on it. So everybody's lost their mind. And the age of elitism is over in celebrity and in certainly in luxury goods. And we'll get into that more later. I just want to say, I don't want someone perfect, but I want someone new with tags. Like if I see someone and I see the pink flags, the red flags, and I realize that they have a stain, have this damage, have this problem, have this thing in the beginning when it's the new car smell.
Speaker 2: I don't want that. I want a relationship to be new. With tags.
Speaker 1: It will get stain, it will get dirty, it will become damage. But if somebody comes in and I'm dating them and they have they're already defective merchandise where someone's going to sell it for twenty percent off put it back.
Speaker 2: What do I mean?
Speaker 1: You meet someone their texting communication is bizarre. They sort of ghost for a while, they disappear, They have some sketch, they have a background, there are red flags. People tell you things, you find out things. They are not making you feel good, they're not taking care of you, they're not an equal partner. Whatever it is. You know, it's different for everyone. You know, you make excuses for them, You make excuses, you market it new with tags.
Speaker 2: You do not need.
Speaker 1: And I don't mean damaged goods like someone has is divorced with children.
Speaker 2: That's not damaged goods. That's beautiful.
Speaker 1: I don't mean someone has suffers from anxiety. I don't mean that. I mean someone is just not meeting you where you're at. Okay, and it could be it could be because of something they've been through. I suppose, you know, timing is everything. You're not going to meet someone the second after they get divorced or after they you know, went bankrupt or something that's that's a trauma experience like something like that, but new with.
Speaker 2: Tags, especially for the young ones.
Speaker 1: Okay, I want to talk about gas lighting in relationships because I think it's an overused word, but it's also an under used word. It's an underused concept. I am so grateful for that word that years ago. I think I'm housewives. Someone said it, or someone said it at a reunion and I didn't really understand it. It's used for like, wait, you know, you're pushing that on me, and when it's really you, You're it's a turnaround whatever. I have to tell you that, I think in relationships it is so overused, not the term but the practice. So I'm talking to ladies, I think men and women. No, I'm talking to everyone. So I'm talking to you guys, men and women. When you're in a relationship and you trust your gut, or you're dating someone and you trust your gut and you know that what you're feeling is correct and valid, and after you talk to someone or convey that, somehow, the pile of shit is dumped on you and you don't have clarity. You actually think you did something wrong, or you start to understand, or you reshift and you remarket the situation. You've been gas lit, and it's very hard to have the self control to not allow that, and it's very hard to not be steamrolled and to not yourself feel guilty and start apologizing for something you didn't even do.
Speaker 2: It's the turnaround.
Speaker 1: It's somebody cheats on you and then they tell you that you haven't been there for them, that you haven't been communicating, that you never dress sexy, that you let yourself.
Speaker 2: Go something like that. That's gaslighting, right like.
Speaker 1: It's the turnaround when someone does something that's not correct, that's rude, that's ungrateful, and you express that it hurt you or that you don't like it, and they tell you, do you not realize what I'm going through? You're so insensitive right now? Or justifies what they did and says, I mean that wasn't that bad. I mean, come on, and then puts it on, dumps it on you. Don't dump your pile of shit on me. So do not let anyone dump their pile of shit on you what you feel. If you're saying if you have a history of you know, being irrational or flying off the handle, or going half cocked or not thinking before you speak, that's a different thing. Please be honest with yourself. If you are a rational, sane person that is calm, cool and collected, your feelings are valid. And if your gut usually serves you right at work in other areas, then your feelings are valid. And if someone makes you feel crazy, they've likely gaslight you. So it's not a great term right now because of the fires. But you put out that fire and you don't tolerate that, and it's a red it's a flaming red flag.