Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy pros. This is out of Bounds. It is me Joey p Joe Pi Zapia with my one best friend, the Welsh, because Scott Bogman has the flu. Really, he's just sick of seeing the Chiefs in the Super Bowl. I'm pretty sure he just didn't want to talk about now, but shout out to Scott Bogman. He is under the weather today. But the Welsh and I are here on our discord Fantasy bros dot Com slash chat. If you want to hang out with us on out of Bounds, this is the place to do it. You can ask your questions, you can talk football with us, have a little football, a little fun. We're gonna recap what happened in the championship games on Sunday, a lot of good, some bad, some disappointing, depends on your outlook on things. And we're also going to grade. That's right, it's report card time. We're going to grade the organizations and the new head coaching hires. I don't know who's a tougher grade Welsh for myself, so we'll have to see what goes on there. And you know, last week we did a segment that got cut from the show because it was two out of bounds for out of bounds, and I'm telling you right now we're bringing it back. I'm gonna try to not be so controversial with it. Florida, Man, it was news. I wanted to talk about it. You have to go, I guess behind the paywall for that kind of content, Welsh, Is that what's gonna happen?
Speaker 2: Well, you had to be here for the discord. If you were in the discord, you heard the thing. You heard the the It was a whole segment. It led into the end and I had a punchline that I didn't throw in because I was like, I don't know about this. And then yeah, so to say we had our first out of bound controversy because and it wasn't me, by the way, it's amazing I met Joe. Joe got a full segment cut. So what I'd be curious about actually didn't go back and watch. This is from two weeks ago because we didn't have a show last week. If you go back and watch, see if you can find where it was cut. If you can find the cut in a whole segment being thrown out, and then the end of the show us attempting to do. But yes, only the Fantasy Pro's Discord heard Joe really try to I don't know, get the show out or whatever you were trying to do.
Speaker 1: That's all I'm doing. I'm bringing the funny news of crazy things. I want to do a Florida mand segment. I hope it doesn't get cut today. You gotta stick around to the end of the show.
Speaker 2: Were a little ron Burgundy there. You were just reading the news and not thinking about the consequences.
Speaker 1: I thought about it quite a bit, but whatever. All right, let's get to the championship games, and let's start here with the NFC. The final score a little misleading if you just didn't watch the entire game, fifty five to twenty three. This game was close in the first half. You know, Washington went down and scored again. You felt like, okay, this is a competitive team. It felt, you know, from that first big play from Saquon Barkley, the big run. That was the one thing I said on TV on Sunday, I said, look, you know, you want to make sure you limit those big plays from Saquon. You're gonna give up yards. The Commanders were the third worst team in the league against the run. You knew they were gonna give up one hundred yards to Saquon. It was are you gonna give up the big backbreaking play? And they did on the first play the game for them, that was just like, oh, but they didn't fold up the tents. However, turnovers in the second half, obviously you can't go that route. Saquon Jalen Hurts made plays. Hurts rushed for three touchdowns in there, and of course the tush pushing was happening there and Freddy Louvu, I mean, God bless him. Well, I don't know about I didn't I've never heard of my whole life. Basically, it was like when the parent you have kids, when the parent says, if you keep that up, I'm turning this.
Speaker 2: I did this last night. I did this last night with my kids. I'm like, listen, we're we're getting a touchdown automatically scored against you guys if you guys don't get to bed and calm down.
Speaker 1: Did you know that was I I didn't know that. I've never heard that.
Speaker 3: I've learned.
Speaker 2: I learned multiple rules this year. Though, Remember the whole like, uh, what was it special kick that hadn't happened in thirty years. I didn't like know that whole deal that happened. I had never heard of this, because guess what, I've done this three hundred times in Madden. Playing Madden throughout my years, I've one hundred percent been so pissed off that I just kept going off sides and getting multiple penalties. I've never had the video game give the other person points, so I did not know this rule exists, but I've done it being very pissy. I laughed out loud with my teeth out like an idiot crying when Luvu did the second one, and it was the funniest thing I've ever seen in my life, him going over and then the guy it wasn't even Louvu, it was the third guy who just went over and they're just like, we're done with this. We're gonna give them points if you guys don't stop. It was laugh out loud funny what Louvu was doing.
Speaker 1: I thought he was trying to like basically Canadian destroyer Jalen hurts like he was trying to get over the top of the Sunset, flips around like that. It was very wwesque and I'm here for it. He was so entertaining in last week two against the Lions, so obviously Barkley. The sixty yard touchdown was huge. One hundred and eighteen three scores. The points got out of control at the end. The fifty five points, by the way, the most any team has scored in a conference championship game since nineteen seventy the merger. Wow, and look, Hurtz was wearing the knee brace. He threw for two forty six. It was the best game we've seen now Jalen Hurts, I think in many weeks, and a terrific performance by the Eagles defense to Jalen Carter is an absolute beast. The Coroners played well. McLaurin, they limited him right, he had the touchdown, but outside of that, McLaurin really, especially in the second half, didn't really make an impact in that game. And the Commanders, look, they weren't supposed to be there. They got to the NFC championship game. It's an incredible journey for them. Now, you don't want to have what happened to the Texans where they were kind of lackluster and that sophomore year with expectations I don't feel that's going to come at all for the Commanders, But I do want to talk about the post type here now of the Commanders. Obviously they could use another wide receiver somewhere, you know, Zakiyas and the Ami Brown. I just don't know those guys are the answer, right if you want to give Brandon a yukuz that what you want to do.
Speaker 2: If you wanted to go there anyways, let's send them.
Speaker 1: Well, look, if if Ayuk wants to go there, fine, they could use some help up against the run, to either a linebacker or defensive tackle. I think those are the needs when you're looking at the Commanders. Would you agree if you could address those needs in the draft or and free agency. There's no reason why the Commanders can't challenge for this division, be a playoff team again. And there's no reason why Jaden Daniels can't be a potential MVP candidate next year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I would say, like we can focus on some of the offensive. I think it's all defense like that. They could not stop that. You need defensive line, need somebody Barkley was running through. I have never I know we're talking about the Commanders here, I want to mention, I don't think I've ever seen seven rushing touchdowns in a game. Three by Hurts, three by Barkley, one by Shipley. I don't think I've ever seen that, let alone in a playoff game. It was crazy. But that's what we're talking about here. They have to focus on defense because Jade Daniels made the best out of what on paper you would look as a very subpar crewise. Zach Ertz has got to be living again and do this. Eckler and Robinson are fine, You've only got really one wide receiver. He may do by being one of the highest completion quarterbacks. It was twenty plus completions for like eight straight weeks. He moves around in the pocket. Offensive line did okay, but it was the defense. They could stop nothing. The Eagles had their absolute weight with them, and the beginning of the year, if you remember, the Commanders were one of the absolute worst secondaries, giving up all the touchdowns. Then it turned into the rushing side done. They were just giving up anything rushing. So this team should probably take four of its top six draft picks and have that many, and it should be defense. It should be defensive line. It should be multiple secondary pieces, and then if they can get an offensive piece or two, great, that's awesome. If you can go get an Ayuk or whoever the hell is available in free agency, one wide receiver would probably feel good. But defense is clearly what they've got to do, because they could not hold any cards with the Eagles in that game, and that was unfortunate. I really thought that Jayden Daniels could keep them in it, but their defense, they just got obliterated in the run game.
Speaker 1: The heartwarming coming together before the game, if you saw this in the tailgate, you had the Commanders fans and the Eagles fans in the parking lot together communing in a cowboy sucks chant, which I thought was great. That was terrific. It came together. It was a nice moment. I really enjoyed that. Also after the game too. I don't know if you saw Broad Street in Philadelphia, former home of my illustrious alma mater, lived in Philadelphia for six years, packed for miles with people. It was unbelievable. They're shooting fireworks, people climbing the light poles on there, and one guy climbed the LFE with the AJ Brown book and they were up there reading the book. I mean it's a special.
Speaker 2: Player, definitely a special breed. No I saw that. But nothing brings football fans together more than hating on the Cowboys. I have a question for you, though, if it was Cowboys and Chiefs in the Super Bowl, what would people do?
Speaker 1: Oh, that's a good question. I mean what would you do? How they watch it and then they're just angry. They're just angry the whole time. They're just But who who do you go for?
Speaker 2: Because everyone's sick of the Chiefs.
Speaker 1: I'm not sick of the Chiefs. See the Patriots fan. My perspective is totally different. My daughter is starting to learn this now because she's a cheese fan. For since she started watching football about five years ago. She became a chef fan. She like mahomes and she just happened to catch them at the right time, right, And then of course is a swifty. All the other stuff file on and just you know, intensified everything. And she plays football. But the I'm I'm in awe of the Chiefs. I don't know. And we'll get to get to that game in a second. I know people want to complain about the referees, and I get it. The calls go their way, but the players go their way too. They make plays, they make their own luck. Sometimes you just got to outplay, you know. I tell this to my twelve ye football teams that I coached a flag. I was like, you got to play better than the ref's call. And it's funny because we were actually playing the Chiefs and they got a bunch of calls on Sunday right our Rams team and the one point the kids in the huddle set to be goes this is like playing the real Chiefs. And I laughed so hard, and you know what, we came from behind. We won the football game. But it was true their Chiefs were getting all the calls. I don't know what it is. Maybe it's the year, so you.
Speaker 2: Would go for the Chiefs, then I would go for the Chiefs.
Speaker 1: I like history, I like legacies. I think it's good for the NFL to have these big, legendary, larger than life franchises where you have the Steelers of the seventies, and then the eighties you have the forty nine Ers, and then obviously in the ninety nineties two albums you have well, I mean the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Was like a nine it was early nineties was Cowboys, and then it kind of moved to Rand and the Patriotriots owned that.
Speaker 1: The Patriots owned the two thousands. I mean, when you're gonna get their playoffs for twenty straight years, that's it, you know pretty much. Well they're saying, I get it.
Speaker 2: I'm just kidding. I was just gonna say, here's the positive though, We'll never have to worry about Cowboys and Chiefs in the meantime and in your future. Now, no one will have to even deal with that speculative game because it ain't happen.
Speaker 1: No, we're not gonna have to worry about that. All right, Let's get to the other game before we do. It ain't the little itty bitty teeny tiny Bowl. It's the Super Bowl, and yes I have to read it that way, super Bowl fifty nine. Get in on the action at DraftKings Sports Book. No itty biddy stuff around here, folks, And the official sports betting partner of Super Bowl fifty nine is DraftKings. Scoring touchdowns is key to hoist in that Lombardi Trophy, and you have a shot to score big by betting on them at DraftKings Sports Book. The number one place two bet toutchdowns. So download the Draftking sports book GAP now use that promo code Fantasy Pros. That's promo code Fantasy Pros for new customers to get two hundred dollars in bonus bets instantly when you bet just five bucks only on DraftKings. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 3: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and why, or text hope and why four six seven, three six nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gam and call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of boothill ca hase seena when resorting Kansas twenty one and over. Agent eligibility varies by jurisdiction, Boyd and Ontario. New customers only. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. Four additional terms and responsible gaming resources see dkang dot co slash audio.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get to the Chiefs and Bills thirty two to twenty nine. It's funny there was a time in this game too on that not the final drive of the Chiefs, but the one before where they went and they kicked the field goal where I was very mad at zavier' worthy because he didn't go out of bounds, and I kept thinking, that's gonna cost you. He had that good catch, right, remember he went out of bounds, and I'm thinking, ooh, you're giving Josh Allen way too much time and he's got two timeouts left. You have to make the bills. Either burn a timeout or burn some clock. I was really surprised that nobody brought that up on the broadcast at the time either. I thought that was a really pivotal moment that I was worried and concerned about. And of course they kicked the field goal. Josh Allen has the ability. And here's the funny thing. I don't know about you, Welsh. I'm watching that game in that moment on the fourth and five, and I'm thinking, all right, well, he's gonna bring that corner blitz, just like he did against the San Francisco forty nine ers in the Super Bowl. Right when it comes to the end, Spagnall's gonna bring everything at you, and he's gonna do something you haven't seen. It's probably gonna be that corner blitz. What does he do? He brings that exact same corner blitz, So if I remember it, I don't know. The coach EXTAPF of the Bills isn't prepared for it. Josh Allen, to his credit, somehow gets the ball in the air. Dalton Kincaid somehow gets close enough to it, doesn't come up with it. I don't think people should be killing Dalton Kincaid. It was not an easy catch had he caught it. Though, I think we are looking at the Buffalo Bills in the Super Bowl. I think that is a moment that just swings the whole momentum of that game in a whole different plays and maybe just maybe it is Buffalo. What did you think about that sequence of events there with the fourth and five and also some of the play calling too, which was basically, let's just run Josh Allen in the tush, push to the left every single time. Can we run into the right? Can we try something different there? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I thought there was some maybe like what you're alluding to, like some stagnant play calling on the Bills, because to your point, they did it on the broadcast a whole bunch where they were, like you know they waited until the last play of the game to do something different the whole game. They like defensively, they had been setting this up, and that's a kind of true that they did that, but in the same token, and what you're saying is like, I would have hoped that the Bills would have been more prepared that the possibility of a blitz could come in in this scenario to have a quick throw, and they weren't prepared to make a quick throw. They didn't have anybody. Well, here's the other stickening thing. They did have somebody under and they had Khalil Shakir that came back into the backfield and then rolled out to the left and was wide open. He had a wide receiver that another wide receiver was there to block the corner if and now he had to throw across his body. Had he been prepared to make that throw, which I kind of thought, why do you do Shakir back there unless you were prepared to have some short yard throw. He didn't do it, and he throws this long dart out there. It just did feel like they were not prepared for something like that, even though they had the play call and there was some stagnants in the play calling in general. But you know, like the worthy thing, they still had the opportunity to do it. They couldn't do it. It's just it's unfortunate. It was a great freakin game across the board, but the Bills showed their hand that they just they were just a notch below the Chiefs play call. You know, be damned with what everyone freaks out about. Like, the Chiefs want it.
Speaker 1: The Chiefs absolutely want it, period, end of story. You don't like it, you want to complain about, Well, Josh Allen the first down, you know what, you got a big body quarterback of Josh Allen. You know, let it, Let's go forward to the you know, let's go right over the center and let's I mean, let's try to do something different. Let's not be doing the same stuff over and over again. Let's let's also be prepared. I just don't understand history tones.
Speaker 2: Everyone says, get rid of the tush push, but no one else does the.
Speaker 1: Tush Nobody does quite as good as the Eagles do I know, And I don't understand why you don't the history of Stevez Magnola. Would he go back to the Giants right against Tom Brady those years in the Super Bowl. What does he do in those The bigger the spot, the more the pressure, and you know it's coming, you've got to be prepared. You need somebody else in there to help pick up somebody off the edge. You need somebody out there to help block for Josh Allen, or like you said, you need to be aware, like I gotta get rid of this football really quick, and it's gonna have to be a fourth and five where we're not going deep here, We're trying to catch and run and get there. And I just you could sense it coming. I knew they weren't prepared for it. I thought, like you said, when I saw Shakier's like, Okay, maybe they have something. And as soon as I saw Josh Allen's match, and I knew that they were not prepared for it.
Speaker 2: It is very armchair quarterbacking, and I completely acknowledge that. But when I look at that and you go, why did you move Shakir and put him in motion to see if they're in a zone or a man? Okay, looks like they're in a zone. Then when you see the blitz, they're in a blitz zone. And you have Shakir rolling around the corner. Why would you not throw that off there when you know there was only one corner on the left side. So like that, and it's like half this is why I'm saying it's armchair quarterback. There's like a second for him to think of that. But like we have the you know, we have the ability to go back and look and be like, dude, why didn't you throw across your body with Shakir? But it's like why did you also make all of that motion to figure out what your defense had and then they had that. You know, it's something unfortunately, hate to say it, Mahomes probably makes that play and Josh Allen didn't. Yeah, he did play game.
Speaker 1: I mean those runs that he had and Worthy did play great, and you were on Worthy if you watch betting Pros. You nail the ladder bed for him, You nailed all kinds of stuff there. And Mahomes look took the ball in his hands in the big spots. And it was something that I was talking about to in the DFS market on Sunday. I was like, look, Mahomes is the cheapest quarterback. If you think he's not going to run this game, you're crazy. The stats for him coming into that game too against the Buffalo Bills were absurd. I don't know if you were aware of them or had seen them the games against the Buffalo Bills before yesterday. I haven't added in these other stats, but I have the OG stats leading up to yesterday, three games against the Bills in the playoffs, seventy nine for one oh five. That's a seventy five percent completion percentage, nine hundred and eighteen passing yards, eight touchdowns, no picks, a one twenty six point six passer rating, and ninety three rushing yards with a rushing touchdown. And those numbers got better yesterday. I want to talk to Father Man, who's on our discord right now. Father Man, you got any takes on the games there that you wanted to share with the ether and everybody listening on Out of Mountains.
Speaker 2: Hey, the only thing I got to say that I thought about that latter bit when the game was going on up, like I knew that sucker was gonna hit it. Yeah, baby, Yeah, baby. I had a couple I had a couple of rough weeks prior to that, but I swept the Chiefs game with my bets. The Chiefs Bills game. The only two I missed were in that Eagles game. But that felt good. Over five hundred with the ladder bet. And when he caught that big pass and then they did the review and they're like, did it touch the ground? I'm like, no, please, no, please know, and we might have got a little bit luck on our side, father man, But ladder bet going. I think I hit that one. Then I hit both both games. I hit the over on both of them. I hit some money lines. I knew you knew it's gonna be the Eagles and the super Bowl, so I bet the money line smart money.
Speaker 1: So there you go.
Speaker 2: Some tither Man got the script.
Speaker 1: Sometimes the chalk is the right way to go, father man. Or we're glad you made some money on the games.
Speaker 2: There man, let's you know, Joey, the only I wasn't say real quick you were saying, had I heard those stats? I hadn't heard those Mahome stats, because the only stat I heard all week was Travis Kelcey goes over seventy yard receiving playoff games for fourteen straight games, and then absolutely shut out on that. If you did bet it, the books knew it too. By the way between sixty nine and seventy one. They wanted you to take that, they wanted you to do. It didn't happen. That didn't happen.
Speaker 1: It didn't. Unfortunately, it's the fourth time, by the way, since twenty twenty one that the Chiefs have ended the bill season in the playoffs. Kareem Hunt had a touchdown. He was you know, Kareem Hunt pretty good in these games. I gotta say, like he is grinding him out worthy six for eighty five. He had the touchdown there. Did you think he came down with that ball? Because I know that was the other big controversial moment there. I also did know the rule. That rule. I did know that, you know, ty goes to the runner. Well, if two guys come down with the ball, the offensive player gets the ball. That's actually all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we all knew that one.
Speaker 1: That was from the late eighties. I think where they changed that because I wasn't always the case back in the day.
Speaker 2: So that one's tough because it wasn't about the TI goes to the runner. It was about like did he have the possession before it? Because the ball can touch the ground, I believe if possession is maintained prior it didn't quite look like he had because because they were fighting for the ball, didn't seem like he had one hundred percent possession. So like from a betting standpoint, I was like, please, don't take this away from it. This is gonna be my luck lately. Thank god.
Speaker 1: They like, But if we're looking at like at the dinner table.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're looking at reality because they were both still vying to actually maintain possession and no maintain no possession for one player seemed like it was locked. I wouldn't have been like, cry foul if they said it was incomplete. But you know he had like a hand in there, so I see why they do it. I'm just you know, my pocketbooks happen.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say this to everybody too. Most people who are fed up with the referees and the chiefs c The refs do give chiefs calls on the field, and what makes it then difficult is when they review them. There's never enough sometimes to overturn what the call was on the field. So if the call in the field is going the way of the chiefs, when you go to that review and it's on the bubble, they're just going to stick with whatever the call is on the field that I buy into and that I can give folks who are trying to yell and scream at the clouds about this stuff. Here's another one. Dating back to nineteen seventy two NFL teams have scored four touchdowns and committed zero turnovers in a playoff game are eighty five and six. The Bills in the last two playoff games at Arrowhead are two of those six teams. That is an incredible stat there. Just want to say that, I mean unbelievable. And the Bills had a great season, Josh Allen arguably his best season, and now we're looking forward to the Buffalo Bills. So the one problem I had with the Bills was the defense. I kept talking about it all the time. I said, look this defense in big spots, they're gonna give up yardage. Mahomes in the fourth quarter was moving down the field at will, and that was my biggest fear. This is not the Micah Hyde Jordan Poyer days of that secondary. That's long gone. That's in the past. The Bills are another team. I think, well, this offseason, it's got to be about defense for them, and it's got to be about the secondary to a certain degree.
Speaker 2: Would you agree, Yeah, I completely agree. I mean, like defense let down the two losing teams in the championship round probably to the highest degree. Are there offensive questions with the Bills? Not really, there's a little bit in the wide receiver corps. Like you know, Keon Coleman could not get going Amari Cooper. We just thought like, oh my gosh, it's gonna be an amazing signing that never really happened. It was just Khalil Shakir. But their running game is so dominant. But again, like if just like the Commanders, I wouldn't go and say, well, they need to go get one great receiver on the outside. Keon Coleman was a definite big play receiver that I think can take a next big step the following season. Their run game was so elite that, yeah, it's like defense, defense, defense, defense. They should probably spend big in free agency, maybe the best secondary player they can, and then they should probably go some defensive line and pass rushers in the draft for sure. And guess what we got a draft show that is back on Fantasy Pro. So make sure you guys are locked on the podcast. Debro is back with the Draft Show talking about out of the offensive players. But you got Bogmin that's around and they'll be talking about team needs and everything. And we got the Draft Show back on Fantasy Pros to cover your offseason just like we do even though Bogman isn't here today, we cover you without a bounce.
Speaker 1: Yes, the early line for the Super Bowl, we got the Eagles. I'm looking at betting pros plus two Kansas City minus one and a half is the best number you're getting on them right now. Forty nine and a half is the total. Pretty big number for Super Bowl too. I just want to say, you know, you don't really scratch the fifties for Super Bowls. Minus one nineteen on the money line for the Chiefs, plus one twelve for the Eagles any early hot takes on the Super Bowl matchup or when I say rematch, because the big difference here is I don't think you're getting as good of a version of Jalen Hurts that you had rock and Rolling a couple of years ago when Shane Stikeen was the offensive coordinator. But now you have to do what sae Kwon Barkley. But on the chief side, the one thing they're really good at is stopping the run. That's one thing they are great up front, so.
Speaker 2: They just haven't been lately though lately they've kind of faltered on that.
Speaker 1: And then that's also because they've been more aggressive in terms of pressure on the quarterback. So when you start to do that, you're gonna get guys that are a little tired. You're gonna start to back up a little bit more against the run in the stats.
Speaker 2: But you'd want to do that with the Eagles because like Jalen Hurts hasn't really been doing a great job of making quick decisions, he did make a lot quicker decisions. That was the Eagles kind of masking the poor ish pass game with him making quicker decisions. So you would think they would want to blitz on Jalen Hurts as much as possible to put him into those situations where he's making those quick decisions. But it's a weird matchup because it's like, at the same time, on the chief side, you have been able to run a little bit more, and if you've been able to run a little bit more, how about Saquon Barkley Of all players on the planet, Saquon Barkley could eat this team. I'm not at this moment. I feel like I would want to tease the Eagles up to plus eight and then maybe tease down the total a tiny bit and take like a let's say forty five and a half over and plus eight and get somewhere around even money or minus one ten. But if I had to just pick a side, I'm just taking the goal against the Chiefs.
Speaker 1: I'm taking the Chiefs until further notice.
Speaker 2: How do you go against the Chiefs because I don't know.
Speaker 1: If you bet against the Chiefs in the last five years, you've lost a lot of money. I see, I think Mangioni and the chat you're on discord, I really hope the Eagles get embarrassed. Worst fans ever. Listen, I lived in Philly. The worst of their worst fans are the worst. But that that city, when a team's playing well, it is an unbelieve there's an energy in that city when it's the Phillies, or the Sixers, or even the Flyers too a certain agree, but especially the Eagles. When the Eagles are good, it is crazy.
Speaker 2: You powered by all the batteries that people are bringing to throw it at the stadium if they lose.
Speaker 1: Uh yingling and a lot of cheese steaks and but they are. But it is a very communal thing. The community of the Eagles fans there. It's unbelievable. And you saw it on Broad Street last night. Man, I mean it's I mean as fan bases go over there.
Speaker 2: That's not what Stink is talking about. Yeah, Eagles fans are great to each other. He's saying they're the monsters and they're horrible people to everybody else. If you didn't make an argument.
Speaker 1: To that, I can't because I've been into many situations where the worst the worst, and the Philly faithful will tell you the worst of us are the worst there is, but they give a bad name to everybody else. Because there's a lot of great Philadelphia sports fans. And what I guarantee you, for the next two weeks, you will see a sea of green everywhere. Everybody will be wearing Eagles and I mean people going to work, I mean people at school. It is crazy. It's not like that in other city. Sometimes. You know, in New York you got two different teams, you got these split stuff. It's not like that Philadelphia. It is all in you are either all in where you're getting your ass kicked in the parking lot pretty much.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The other color will be red from the Eagles fans. Oh it's from the Chiefs Jersey by the way, not from the Chiefs Jerseys.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get to the head coaching report cards, because guess what all the spots got filled. We got a couple predictions, right firhim. A few weeks ago we played a little game here with Bogmin and Welsh. So let's grade the coaching higher, get the report cards out the red marker, let's go. It's time to go back to school. The Las Vegas Raiders hired a young up and comer, Pete Carroll, so we'll see how how that goes for them. I like this higher Welsh because to me, even though he's got the age, he has got the experience, he knows how to rebuild something. And the Raiders foundation is terrible. Let's be honest, they have been cycling through coaches for a decade. It needs to stop. Pete Carroll, if he can have a three year window where he just rebuilds the foundation, I think that's all this is about. I don't think there's expectations because every team in that division is gonna be way better than the Raiders for the next three to five years. This is about rebuilding an organization, and I think it makes sense and will make more sense depending on who he brings in underneath him to be a successor to pass the reins for continuity, so you're not getting a firing at one point, maybe you get Pete Carroll just stepping away, moving into the front office as like an executive kind of role and keeping the continuity of something in Las Vegas with the Raiders, because that is what's in killing them. I gave this, uh higher, let's see, I gave it a B. What did you give it?
Speaker 2: Give it a B minus. That's interesting how you phrased a lot of that, because yeah, I think you actually might be right. I think on the surface, I just don't love it, Like I don't love a guy that's like ninety seven years old going in and trying to relate. I mean, if there is a coach that isn't a former player that can relate with players, Pete Carroll's probably near the top. I mean, you know, like obviously, any player that's played in the last like ten or fifteen years, there's like a relatability factor, so Pete Carroll has that, but like you're out of the game. I don't gonna say wash like towards the end or anything like like Pete Carroll's like a great coach. I guess just from a needing to rebrand this, You've got Tom Brady kind of in ownership and probably obviously having his hands on a little bit more. I just don't know if Pete Carroll feels like the right fit. But you make a really compelling case of like if you see it in a short window, you need to rebrand from a full organizational standpoint of like the staffing and maybe just kind of the mentality and the personnel, Like maybe that is a little bit better. But I guess there is.
Speaker 1: No culture there.
Speaker 2: Culture is a good way to put it. I guess I just would have liked, like if you have Tom Brady overseeing a lot of the management, you'd love to see like like a high end, younger offensive coach that maybe you could build to this team for ten or fifteen years, having like a short stance guy. There is a very uh, there's a very visible time clock that is on how long Pete Carroll can be with this team and then you have to pass the reins over. So I guess it's gonna be probably built around more like who are the coordinators that they bring in that would be the successor? So this has become succession a little bit. And I don't love that in general, even though I love that show. So I gave it a minus.
Speaker 1: You know, hardest for me, nice Brian Cox right now, because I don't want more stuff to get cut from the show. God, I love that. And apparently wherever he goes, people ask him to say it to their face and record him saying it's so good the Dallas Cowboys. I'm sorry, father man, I know you're a Cowboys fan. They hired a Brian Schottenheimer. I guess they just want to keep the continuity of the offense and another yes, man, this feels like Jason Garrett two point. Oh does it not. I was tough on this one. I gave it a D plus, but Welsh, you gave it even worse. Great. The only reason I didn't fail it is because I said, well, you have the continuity. At least you know the personnel, you know the offense. Things aren't going to change that much. Maybe they should change. I don't know, but you were even harsher. What did you give this, Brian Schottenheimer higher.
Speaker 2: I gave it an F sucks. It's stupid. Everything you just said is the problem. Like why would you want the things to stay the same? You just want to keep doing this. I want to Dion there. Dion might have also been like just a huge disaster. But you know what, change something up, blow this thing up, switch out the mentality of it. I mean, maybe, see here's the problem. It's like I was about to say, maybe Dion would have been more of just a yes man to Jerry Jones. But you're telling me Shotenheimer's not the ultimate yes man. Whatever you want, Like, I just think it's a lateral if not like negatively lateral. Just you just swoop down another level lower, Like this doesn't change anything. Why not just keep McCarthy there. If you're gonna put shot in Heimer this, I don't love it. I think it's a bad hiring. Maybe I'm being too critical because you know cowboys, but I don't know. I would have liked a whole new change, a not Pete Carroll change, but a younger change. And I guess I just was really sold on that Dion standpoint of it.
Speaker 1: This is one of the three that I got right from our coaching predictions. Aaron Glenn was the first one. I gave it a B plus. I think it's perfect. I didn't give any new coaches a's to be You don't get a when you're just the coordinator. You're still an unknown. So I can't grade anything in a personally. That's just my scale of grading things. But Aaron Glenn was about as close as you can get. He was a leader on the Jets when he was a player. He's exactly the kind of personality they need. I heard he's gonna go talk to Aaron Rodgers, and I'm sure he's gonna say, is Hey, wouldn't you love to go to kan Kun and just retire? And I think Aaron Glenn is going to take this organization and this is a team that could turn around very quickly. You get some sort of capable quarterback play, you run the hell out of the football, you change the culture in this locker room. Aaron Glenn's capable of leading these men, getting that defense back on track. I love this hire. Getting rid of Hacket, All this stuff, just cleaning it up. Love this one B plus would you give it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: And just for like reference, you don't give a new time first new head coach, you do give it.
Speaker 1: I give one A, but I can't give I can't give an organization an A for hiring a guy who's never coached in the NFL because the success rate is bad. So it's just one of those things if you're grading on the scale. I think it's everybody thought that you know this coordinator, that quittor oh they're gonna be so great, and so often they fail. Being a head coach is very different than being a coordinator. It's about creating culture. It's about the overall picture of things, and historically speaking, coaches who have success get fired and then get another shot somewhere else. If you go back and look at Belichick, if you go back and look at Andy Reid, if you go back and look at so many of these coaches, Pete Carroll right, like it's the second time around, Dan Quinn, right, the second time around. Good football guys getting a shot of being a head coach typically goes very well the second time. So we'll get to that guy in a second. But Aaron Glenn, you actually gave I believe in a minus. Let's talk about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I love the hiring of it. I love the new blood. Obviously, this is going to be a coach that is going to be very relatable in playing in the NFL and the not so distant pass. I love the defensive mindedness of it. The A is probably also contingent on, like what the coordinator is. I tend to love like player ish, young new face coaches on the defensive side if they can bring in like a really good new offensive coordinator sometimes, and like Mike McDaniel is an example of like there's an offensive coordinator that goes into his team kind of has the reins controlled of himself and everything kind of you know, fell apart a little bit. I mean, definitely when you look at them at this point. But I love Glenn and what he did with the Jets are with the Lions. I love this situation and what they're going to be able to build with this Jets defense. I hope you're gonna have some kind of innovative I'm not even sure if I want like a veteran veteran OC to take over this gig. Even having just some like new young innovativeness with brace Hall and the pieces that they've gotten Garrett Wilson, But I love it. I think Aaron Glenn is a prime, prime, one of the top two head coaches that you could have got in this class. So I give it an A minus.
Speaker 1: All right. Next one's an A. It's Mike Rabel. And it's not because of the Patriots higher it's because anybody that hired Vrabel was going to get an A for me, because I think Mike Rabel is a hell of a football coach. He has been around the game in big time organizations. He has shown you he's a winner on the fields. He took some mediocre Tennessee Titans teams to the playoffs, which is no small feat. And you saw what happened when he left there. Everything just fell apart, and he was able to really those last couple of years just piece it together. I mean it was it was pretty ugly there, and he found ways to have some winning seasons. And look, he's a guy that understands the Patriot way and rebuilding it back. He's got the quarterback, he got the coach, he got cap space. This is a great situation. I think Ellie Wolf is gonna acquis too. He's gonna have to go with what Rabel wants in the draft. So don't be shocked if it's an Abdual Carter or Travis Hunter. Maybe it's an offensive tackle to start, well, see, but it's gonna look like a Rabel team very quickly. And I think that's a good thing because that's typically what the Patriot Way is all about. What did you give the Mike Verbel higher?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I give it an A I think leader of Man. And didn't they bring Josh McDaniel back to So it's just like, this is like yourself doing that.
Speaker 1: We always forget to say McDaniel or McDaniels, because there's Mike McDaniel, then there's you know, then there's McDaniels, and you gotta like you're always going back and forth. I find some time I forget where to put the S.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm dumb, so my brain doesn't. There are too many things happening at one time. So s is are gonna it's not just us.
Speaker 1: I see it on broadcasts on the NFL network where people screwed up.
Speaker 2: All Listen, you said champ, you said championship earlier and I heard something else and I'm like, oh boy, So like my brain is going a mile a minute, so I can sometimes hear some different stuff. But yeah, I think I think the grouping it's just like quintessential perfect. Patriots coach Mike Rabril is very very well revered Nick Daniels, you know, he's the familiarity with this, having Drake may As, you know, as your your brushstroke in the art of what they'll make with the new Patriots offense. So yeah, I think this is a fantastic hiring, and this is a guy with experience, so I like it.
Speaker 1: Liam Cohne said, I'll come to Jacksonville as long as Trent Balky's gone, And Trent Balky's gone, so Liam Cohne got his way. I want to give him higher grade just for that because I think, you know he deserves it. But I'm just gonna give a C plus. Now you can argue that Cohen's offense was better with Baker Mayfield that it was the year before under Dave Knelis. But I am very much wait and see with this one here, what did you give William Cohen hiring for the Jaguars.
Speaker 2: I give it better than you I gave it a B, even though he backtracked on his team on the contract and stuff. But yeah, I mean I think Jacksonville in general feels a little messy. But if you start to look at the pieces that he's going to get to work with, Lawrence is his Mayfield, Brian Thomas is going to be his Mike Evans, maybe Etan becomes his Bucky Irving. You don't know how this is going to piece together. There's some good offensive pieces in here for a high offensive mine. Maybe this could justifiably be a little bit higher. The physical hiring itself seems good, just shrouded and just some you know, some messiness with like going back to the Bucks and then not just very then they with the GM just it feels very messy with the Jags in general. So maybe this deserves to be a little bit higher.
Speaker 1: But I give it a B. Some people in the jat here are thinking that maybe Tank is just going to be the guy. Maybe eighteen it will be moved on from I see it in the discord.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they might go, you might end up having Tank be the the Bucky Irving, and then they might bring in just like a young pass catcher to play. I mean you can kind of interchangeably. Look at it, like, I think he'll run like a two back system, and then maybe the young guy that they come in, if it's like an all downs back and a pass catcher, that might even work better than Tank Bigsby. I guess what I'm getting at is like we saw them thrive, and we saw running backs thrive in an offense that he ran. We saw the number one receiver thrive. It's really gonna be about Trevor Lawrence. So whatever the pieces are end up being like I will probably if it is only Tank, by the way, I'll be even higher on Tank if he's like the sole guy there.
Speaker 1: All right, Chicago Bears, last one. I predict this one right too, Ben Johnson. I like confidence, but arrogance, especially when you're a bottom feeder team with a Bears team that has struggled for many, many years now. I think the Bears structurally are quick. Turnaround defense is pretty good. You've got some talent on offense, you have a young quarterback, right, you have all the pieces there. The press conference came off very arrogant to me. I don't know, I don't care what kind of relation he's got with people and all that stuff. You're looking up at the Vikings, the Packers and the Lions in your own division. I understand wanting to raw rob whenever, fire everybody up. But Ben Johnson, I think his mouth is going to write some checks that unfortunately the coaching can't cash. I gave it a be because he's a great offensive mine and I think he's the right guy. And Fantasy League people should be excited because Caleb Williams with Ben Johnson, I imagine if there's anybody that can help another first round overall pick right, look what he did with Jared Goff, got the best out of Jared Goff the last few years. Can you do it with Caleb Williams. I think the answer is yes. I just don't know if he's head coach material quite yet, but we'll see. I know everybody loves the offense. I gave this one a bee, but you were more optimistic. You gave it an a Why.
Speaker 2: Well, this is like the number one guy in the coaching market that was out there. This is a high end offensive mind. What was the biggest piece that was destroying the Bears this past year was Caleb Williams and his inability to trust being able to go deep down field. He's going to rectify that. Now. I would have killed for him to be on the Raiders with Tom Brady, just killing Ben Johnson about having that lateral pass that Jamison Williams throw in interception and Tom Brady couldn't get over it. And we all kind of internally as we listened to that, we're like, oh man, they put those two in a room together now. But I think this is a great spot. You got great wide receivers, you got a big core. This is an offense that he is going to be able to properly build around and do good things with. Will he end up being like a phenomenal coach, Like that's to be seen. Like they're going to have to really keep piecing that defense together. But there were some great signs of the defense earlier on, and it seemed like the biggest thing holding this team back was Caleb williams inability to either a be trusted to throw the ball deep or trust in the play calling that we were doing that had him not feeling comfortable about his throat. I think Ben Johnson's going to be able to rectify a lot of that with Caleb, and Caleb is going to be put in a really good spot. So I think this is a phenomenal higher for them. But you know, again, I think all of these kind of lack a little bit of the flash that we're used to. Pete Carroll's the biggest like name that we carry. We're kind of lacking some of that big flash of like, oh man, it's this big, you know, college head coach that's turning over.
Speaker 1: You don't get the college coaches anymore. They don't leave. There's too much money in security.
Speaker 2: So I'm saying it's just like.
Speaker 1: I mean, why would you? I mean, I can make millions of dollars a year and stay around for six seven years in a program and run everything exactly how I want it.
Speaker 2: And now and now I can openly pay these play now I can't lie about it anymore.
Speaker 1: I don't have to give them cars, you know, you know, put the keys of the envelope and slide under the dorm room door, you know, to do that anymore. All Right, last week I was thwarted. This week we're gonna try again. It's time for a new segment. We like to call Florida Man. That's right, every day there's something wacky that happens in the state of Florida, and I want to talk about it. Uh and uh this one today it happened to an attorney. A Florida attorney was arrested after allegedly hitting a man with a plate at a wedding buffet. So they were all invited to the same wedding first of all, So it wasn't like an open buffet. It wasn't like the OCB, right, it was Actually they were all invited to the same place. Mark rowher, we're.
Speaker 2: Going to be in Vegas with buffets. We better be careful and listen to this deeply. We got all the Vegas buffets coming in.
Speaker 1: That's part why I want to talk about this year because I know, well, there you go. So Mark Rower allegedly attacked the victim due to the man's daughter cutting in front of line at the steak carving station. Now I understand some people take their steak very seriously. This happened on January eighteenth. He denies the allegations, but apparently there was a cutting that happened, an argument ensued, and somebody hit somebody with a plate. That being said from the two remaining teams, the Kansay Chiefs and the Philadelphia Eagles. Who would you most like to go up to the buffet with so that you don't have an incident like this happened at the carving station. I say, Jalen Carter, that's my guy. I think I show up to the buffet, me and my boy Jaalen Carter. Nobody's messing with us. The sea's part, the lines move away. We get first serve on everything. We get the right cut that we want at the carving stations, we get the extra toppings at the Sunday station. We get it all whatever we want, from appetizer to dessert. Me and my boy Jayalen Carter. Who is your backup at the buffet. And this is important too, because when we go to Vegas this might come up.
Speaker 2: Well, how about give me the referees of the Kansas City Chiefs, the Kansas City's handpicked referees to hold back and I'll be like, no, no, no, that guy's illegal. They'll call a foul, they'll get the cops involved. They're on my side. Give me the Chiefs refs. Always, I don't need one player, I just need the rest.
Speaker 1: One piece of chicken per person. What are you doing? You can't go back for a second.
Speaker 2: Throw, yeah, throw, They'll throw the flags. I'll be like, no, that's too much, Mac, that's way too, way too much.
Speaker 1: If you hit the tray and you leave the thing open, they come over. You left the tray open, the food's gonna get cold. They throw a flag.
Speaker 2: What are you most looking forward to on the Vegas buffet that we're gonna have? Is there like a singular thing?
Speaker 1: I don't know, to tell you the truth. The two times I have been to Vegas, I don't remember doing of the buffets.
Speaker 2: We should do buffet reviews when we're there.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm a big breakfast guy, so you want to hit a break They do breakfast buffets. It's Vegas. They do everything, dude.
Speaker 2: I mean, let's hit a butt. We'll do breakfast, we'll do lunch, we'll do dinner, we'll do.
Speaker 1: Multiple fp is, you know, taking us to nice dinners. I'm pretty sure because they are always doing a nice job there. But the breakfast buffet. I don't know what's going on at the hotel, but I'm telling you right now, breakfast offe. I'm all in.
Speaker 2: Okay, last one who is most likely at fantasy pros to hit somebody with a plate at a buffet.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's a good one. I'm gonna say Mike Mayor because he has such inner rage. I think Mike Mahyor is like somebody would just it would be a the silent burn and they would go there and they would cut in front of him and they would take the last piece of something he wanted and he would just lose it. Now, also keep in mind Mike Mayor also an Eagles fan.
Speaker 2: Just saying Okay, I think that's the one one. I think there's some there's people people don't know that we could say that would be fun. But I think Mike Mayor, of the public fantasy people, that's a really real one.
Speaker 1: I can't beat the Eagles fan comes out. That's that's when violence.
Speaker 2: Okay, Andrew Rickson, because Ericson likes to have fun in Vegas, you might get a little too heead of himself and accidentally hit.
Speaker 1: Considering what I saw in Tennessee in Nashville, I'm a little worried about Vegas with Erickson. But we'll see and we'll record it. We promise you don't forget everybody make sure you subscribe to the Fantasy Gros podcast wherever you get your pods and the YouTube channel as well. Subscribe there ring the belt that it goes. Dang, we got all the draft shows going on right now, the Dynasty content's going on. We had a lot of fun going on, and of course Betting Pros we got have all the Super Bowl stuff. So run over to Betting Pros. Hit that YouTube channel as well, and I want your grades. So if you're watching the show today on the YouTube channel, drop your comments. Give me the grades for all the coaches that you thought that they got. You think it was an A. You think it was a b. Am, I too tough of a grader as Welsh, too tough of a grader. Did we get it right? Did we get it wrong? Let us know grade the coaches yourselves. We love to see your comments in the chats below. That'll do it for us. But the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time. Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Football podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple podcasts at fantasypros dot com, Slash Review or on Spotify. Follow us on x, Instagram and TikTok at fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros