Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: I'm SI Statific along with Carol Master, let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. We are joined by Bloomberg News equity reporter Bailey Lipschultz. What's up, Bailey?
Speaker 4: FedEx?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, my bracket's doing pretty well.
Speaker 4: So oh really four games and I'm doing well?
Speaker 5: See but FedEx? Right now? Up? Wait are you my racket? Did you miss on? Well?
Speaker 3: I just do random because I don't know anything about sports. I'm ranked three thousand out of twelve eight hundred, so my score is four.
Speaker 5: It's still early. It's still early.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't that be funny if he ends up doing really well?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 5: Could he possibly all random?
Speaker 4: Someone on our desk who's Australian didn't know what single elimination. She was like, oh, well they'll get him in the next game.
Speaker 5: How that was work like that? Sorry?
Speaker 4: I yes, go ahead to your FDx up right now. More than eight percent talking up their ability to kind of deliver despite rising fuel costs, uncertainty because of a war in the Middle East, beating and raising, as they say on Wall Street. The interesting thing is this is a big gain. This is a stock that is up more than options implied options. We're implying about a six and a half percent move, and if you look at it over the last twelve months, it's up forty four percent, so really a strong follow through this would be getting about a buck short of the high it closed on February twentieth at three eighty eight, but right now right in that area, beating expectations. Pretty good print. We are seeing ups stronger in the post market as well, up just under two percent.
Speaker 1: So FedEx just gained momentum through because we were tracking as it crossed and it was I think only up about a percent or so, but it's really gained a lot of momentum here. All right, let's go to five Hello, five you guys, go to five below.
Speaker 5: I've never been to five below. You've never been to five below.
Speaker 4: If we're not really missing out much.
Speaker 1: Back in the day, there are those that love it, though everybody, Well, in.
Speaker 4: My day, I said this earlier in this morning. I used to go to nine to nine cent store and I loved it because things cost less than a dollar. When your name is five below and you charge twenty five dollars for things not really five below, not five below, but great ticker five. I like when things make sense. Stock close up eleven percent, highest level since August twenty twenty one, beating expectations, really strong forecast again. One of these companies that we're seeing gain market share from kind of call it the middle income bracket in the US with people maybe looking for better deals and kind of potential growth there.
Speaker 1: Huh, I'm just looking.
Speaker 5: My kids love ninety nine cents stores.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, because the kid you can give them a couple of dollars and you like go shopping, like you have fun with it, like as a kid, it's a lot of fun. Some of those Like I think about the Dollar Generals and stuff, like it's great. People have done it for party supplies. I think I've actually been in a Dollar General.
Speaker 5: But the Dollar General, like the loans or something.
Speaker 3: Dollar trees are so different than like the Pokland ninety nine cents store, which is literally where you can buy anything anything. Well, no it's not every nine cents, but they have everything.
Speaker 1: It's five below like kind of a little bit of upscale from the dollar generals.
Speaker 4: Yeah, five below the dollar stage demographic, from my understanding, is more of like your teen and preteen who has twenty five dollars a weekly. Okay, I guess allowance phone cases, buy phone cases and random goods. I there's one buy where we buy cards in New Jersey, and I normally buy like my Arizona iced tea.
Speaker 5: There, okay, which a dollar? All right? There? You are listen.
Speaker 1: Cards are expensive, so you can go.
Speaker 5: They're so expensive it's crazy. Might have you?
Speaker 3: I might put an order in with you, Bailey, bring me some from New Jersey. Hey, uh, gold, I'll pay you in gold. Let's talk about Newmont.
Speaker 4: I would have been a lot happier a couple of weeks ago be hating gold. Newmont down one of the worst performers among large cap stocks, ticker an EM down almost seven percent on the day. This again is really just given kind of I don't want to call it a cliff, but we've seen such a sharp pullback over the last few days in the price of gold, and that's obviously playing through to the companies that get paid to mind the medal again, was the big run up for gold in the last few weeks because of diversification or more meme stock. I don't know. But when you go from just shy of fifty two hundred dollars to forty six fifty, it's pretty painful, it's pretty remarkable. It's a move.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'm not quite sure I understand the gold trade right now.
Speaker 5: Maybe they got a head, you know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe it is, Maybe it isn't it just got ahead. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think, well, there was excitement around I am such a gen z or millennial. I'm millennial. Actually sorry, let me clarify that I'm such a millennial that it's just like diversit diversified by buying gold, and I'm like, you know what happens if World War three? I don't think anyone's getting their gold delivered.
Speaker 5: No, no, So exactly.
Speaker 4: What are you doing?
Speaker 1: We were almost one hundred and seven or Newmont was up about one hundred and seventy percent last year.
Speaker 3: But Bailey is a very young millennial, whereas I'm a geriatric millennial.
Speaker 4: So hey, we both grew up with Walkman.
Speaker 5: We did.
Speaker 2: So the Stockmovers report from Bloomberg Radio check back with us throughout the day. For the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street, and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.