Speaker 1: All right, thanks scotch On an hour two Sean Hannity Show, Toll free. Our number is eight hundred and nine foot one, Sean if you want to be a part of the program. It's hard to imagine that it was a week ago that we knew fully and completely over a week ago now that our friend Charlie Kirk was politically assassinated in Utah, and it has been it's been a rough week plus for everybody that I know, everybody that cared about him. One person that did is Frank Turk, and he is an American Christian apologist, author, public speaker, radio host, best known as the founder and president of the Christian Apologetics Ministry. And he was literally right next to Charlie. You can see him on the videos if you watch it mere feet, you know, just a few feet away when Charlie Kirk was assassinated and was with him, you know, in the the immediate aftermath, and was in the car rushing him to the hospital. Here's how he explained part of that experience.
Speaker 2: Charlie Kirk was literally like a son to me. I have three sons. He was like my fourth son. My three sons are a little bit older than Charlie. He was like my fourth son. So when he was hit, if your son got hit, what would you do?
Speaker 3: What would you do?
Speaker 2: I got in the car because if there was any way I could save him, I had to do something.
Speaker 4: Nah, I couldn't just well.
Speaker 2: You just take him.
Speaker 4: You guys got it.
Speaker 2: So they got him into the side of the car. It was an suv. It was the suv. We took over, and I'm on one side and there's actually some video there. Somebody's taking video of this. I'm on one side of the car, the right side, and they're getting Charlie in, so I run over the other side. But the guy was dragging him in there now blocking that entrance. So at that point I run around to the back. I popped the top of the back gate open and I jump in the back. The car lurches forward, apparently somebody jumped in the cars. The car lurches forward, so I almost fall out of the car to the SUV. Then I grabbed the thing and close it and there's five of us in the car. Now Justin's driving, Dan is up front with the with the GPS.
Speaker 5: Rick has got him.
Speaker 2: Rick's on my left, and Brian is there and I'm coming over the back seat, and Charlie's laid out in front, just right in front of me, and Charlie's so tall we can't we can't close the door.
Speaker 5: We drove four.
Speaker 2: Miles someone, I don't know, it's four something miles all the way to the hospital with the door open. To this day, I don't know how Brian stayed in the car because we're just go, go, go, go go. We're you know, we're trying to do We're trying to stop the bleeding. You saw it, and I'm yelling, come on, try, come on, come on. Meanwhile, my phone is still on. My son and daughter in law here and this whole thing, and his security team again justin Dan, Brian and Rick. They love Charlie. But they were much cooler than I. I mean, they're just carrying out. They're calmly, but they're swiftly doing exactly what they were trained to do. Rick starts praying out loud. I'm praying out loud. We're yelling, come on, let's go, let's go, let's go. My son's here and all this, and we're doing the best we can to navigate traffic.
Speaker 5: It's not a highway.
Speaker 2: We're on surface streets and suddenly there's an ambulance coming toward us, and there was a conversation in the car. Should we stop. We're like, no, no, just keep going, just keep going. The doctor later said that was the right thing to do. Ambulance goes by us. We're still heading to the hospital, trying to get there. At one point somebody says, let's get there in one piece, because we're just we're cutting through intersections, you know, just beeping the horn. This is not an emergency vehicle. There's no there's no lights, there's none of this. And I go, we got to start CPR. So I try and start that. Now, Charlie wasn't there. His eyes were fixed. He wasn't looking at me. He was looking past me, right into eternity. He was with Jesus already, all right.
Speaker 1: Frank Trek joins us. Now I have a hard time listening to that. I know most of this audience does as well. I can't imagine you know this, Charlie was a guy, and maybe he should go back to talk about your experience with him that years ago he had reached out to you for mentorship in terms of being able to better message either his Christian faith and apologetics and have better answers for these young people that he spoke to often on college campuses.
Speaker 4: That's right, Sean. He wanted to persuade young people that Jesus had risen from the dead and by trusting in him, anyone could have their sins forgiven and then given his righteousness and eternity. He wanted to be persuasive about that. And I'd been doing that on college campuses for many years, just found at the level Charlie was doing it. And so he had discovered me online and about five years ago reached out and we'd been fast friends ever since. And Sean, you know this because you've been with Charlie privately as well, and everybody says the same thing. Charlie was the same wonderful person on and off the stage. In fact, the only thing that surpassed his intellect was his humility. He would ask me questions all the time, and how'd I do on this, and how'd I do on that? And how could I do better? He was so confident when he got on stage, but off stage, when he was in learning mode, he just wanted to learn from everybody, and he loved everybody, and he wanted what was best for everybody, and that's just such a tragedy to see this.
Speaker 1: Happen like many Americans. And I brought this up on TV with you last night. What amazed me? And I did know Charlie and I saw Charlie at the White House the last time I was there, interviewing President Trump, and I thanked him. I thanked him for everything that he and his organization had done to impact young people and get them out to the polls. But I did not know how deep this faith of his went until last weekend, and I found myself compelled to watch video after video after video. They're all over YouTube, by the way. I urged young people especially to watch them. And obviously this was what defined him. I got to know Bob Occoy, who is his personal pastor. What a wonderful guy he is, like you, yes, and he had some incredible people around him advising him, watching out for him, guiding him. And then you'd watch him or him and Erica, you know, give advice to young people. Wow, things you're not going to hear on a college campus very often, pastor, which is you know, against cook up culture, against how men should treat women, you know, don't be the kid throwing up in the bushes and living your life that way. You know, have a purpose in your life, find a church in your life. I mean, these are not things that are regularly discussed, sadly anymore on college campuses.
Speaker 4: No, they're not, Sean And that was why Charlie was such a beacon of light on the college campus and how he wanted to reach out to young people, and that's why he spent so much time, and I was part of that, helping him get prepared to answer any and every possible question a young person could have, every objection a young person could have, whether it's about morality, whether it's about sexuality, whether it's about marriage, whether it's about the Bible and certain verses in the Bible, whether the Bible was even true. All of those questions were questions that Charlie trained himself on and and called people around him into a circle to help him with. He was somebody that at thirty one years old, Shawn did more than most than ten million people do in eighty years of life. I mean, the guy was just incredible and I was just so privileged to know him and to help him for those for five of those thirty one short years.
Speaker 5: Explain how you ended up going to this event.
Speaker 4: Well, Charlie had. Charlie and I had met about four times this past summer to train for this tour, and when I was out in Phoenix in August, he said, look, I got to go overseas for a few days. You know. He took a seventy two hour trip to Korea and Japan. Sean, that's how That's how dedicated this guy is. Seventy two hours in Phoenix, back, he hits two countries, he preaches the gospel in Japan. Then he comes back and he says, Frank, when I get back, we got three days before the first event. Can you help me for those first two and then come to the event if you'd like the third day. But of course, so the third day, after we had spent plenty of time the previous too. I was there, just as you say, feet away when that shot rang out, and I just thought to myself, Sean, I've been worried about this. I thought somebody at some point was going to take a shot at Charlie. And I always thought to myself, if I was there, what would I do? Because I'm a Navy veteran, and in Navy you always have emergency procedures you practice. If something like this happens, what do you do? You think about it before it happens. And so when it happened, I knew what I was going to do. I was going to try and get in that car, trying to help him anyway I could. And if there's any comfort at all to our audience, Charlie didn't experience any pain. He was gone the moment the bullet hit him. We were trying against hope to try and save him, but there was nothing we could do it. If we were closer to the hospital wouldn't matter. Faster the hospital wouldn't matter. The surgeon later said, Now he was gone immediately.
Speaker 1: You know, in the course of my career, which now spans decades, two people my kids wanted to meet Donald try and Charlie Kirk and my son got to meet him at an event that I spoke at a number of years ago with Charlie there and and he was thrilled to meet him. And my son wrote me as soon as this happened, and he was just being realistic. My son is very rooted in reality. He goes, Dad, there's no way he can survive that, and I said, we don't know that. Pray for him and we're going to hope for the best. But there was a moment of hope in the hospital. I mean, you tell him the story that you're rushing him from that from his seat. After he is, you know, literally bleeding out in front of the world. You get him in a car, he can't even close the door. You're racing to the hospital. It's about four four and a half minute ride. And then something magical happened in the hospital and tell us what happened.
Speaker 4: Well, as soon as we got in, you know, the whole team started working on him. And about ten minutes after, they said, because we're all praying, come on, come on, do something, get get give us some hope. And one doctor said, okay, we got a pulse. So we were saying, okay, maybe there's hope here, Maybe there's hope. But about a half hour later, the main surgeon came down and said he's gone. And the reason they got a pulse, Sean, was because he was a healthy young man and you could restart the heart. Even though the neck wound was catastrophic. He couldn't have survived it so.
Speaker 1: I mean, when anyone looks at that video and you're right next to him and that blood is gushing out at that rapid rate, I don't know how you stopped the bleeding. I actually spoke with a doctor who said, even if you had a operating table right next to where he was, the odds of saving him were next to zero.
Speaker 5: That broke my heart.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's right, Sean. But if he were to die, he died as quickly as possible and that's the only saving grace. Now, of course we're seeing such an amazing revile. It seems, Sean an interest in Jesus and interest in salvation, and interest in becoming a disciple, and interest in spiritual things. I mean, Sean, I'm getting comments on the interview we did last night in YouTube. There are people from Australia, there are people from Denmark, there are people from London. There's people all over the country going I was an atheist now I'm a Christian because of Charlie Kirk. Sean. I mean, have you.
Speaker 1: Seen how much I think there's fifty nearly sixty thousand requests now for Turning Point USA chapters at college campuses.
Speaker 5: Crazy amount.
Speaker 4: They had twousand, two weeks ago, two thousand chapters. Now they have requests for sixty two thousand Sean.
Speaker 1: Wow, what an impact can you explain? Because I knew more of the political side of Charlie. Now I know all of Charlie and through the videos. What was so unique about this as he went into these hostile environments and he did two things. I think it was extraordinarily brilliant when you really think about it. One is, you would take on all comers. You don't prove me wrong, as he would say, and you'd watch these kids go up to the microphone, you're a fascist, You're you're a racist, and all right, tell me one thing that I've ever said, you're a fascist, you're a racist. None, Just give me one example. They could never answer number one. Number two is then the advice that they gave. And I don't think you can really underestimate the impact of a young person, you know, I don't think it would come across the same way if I said it, and or compared to how powerful it was when he and Erica would advise these young kids and say, yeah, hookup culture is not good. Yeah, getting into a good church is a good idea. Na we don't drink if you want to, okay, but don't be the kid throwing up in the bushes and just you know what to how to act and how to treat each other. Was that was the inspiring part to me.
Speaker 4: It was inspiring Sean, and it was inspiring across generations. I have a friend who's a pastor who was he's a grandfather and he said his granddaughter was crying. So you've got people from all generations who were impacted by Charlie Kirk and Sean. I mean to call a guy who says, if you disagree with me, come to the front of the line, let me give you the microphone so you can make your case. To call a guy like that a fascist is a complete contradiction. The guy that shot him is a fascist, okay, because fascist don't give the microphone to their opponents who say, you've got the floor, go ahead. I mean, it's completely absurd what they're trying to do to Charlie's reputation. As you pointed out earlier, nobody can really point to anything that supports any of the claims they make about this great man.
Speaker 1: Frank, if you can stay anund the minute, Frank, Tirk is with us, an American Christian apologist, author, speaker of radio host in his own right, founder and president of the Christian Apologetics Ministry. He has a website cross examine dot org. One or two more questions on the other side, Pastor, if you have the time, we'll come back. I know you're speaking this weekend on Sunday at this big memorial that's taking place in Glendale. Will continue with that on the other side as we continue our coverage, our final moments with Frank Turk, an American Christian apologist. He has a website, by the way, if you want to learn more about what he's doing and his work, cross examined dot org. And he was a friend mentor to Charlie Kirk and he was standing right next to him when he was assassinated. He views Charlie and viewed Charlie at like a fourth son. Here's my last question, Pastor, because I think it's critical at this moment. It's sad that it takes moments like this for us to get on our knees and pray and reflect and appreciate the gift of life which can be taken in the blink of an eye. I think all too often we do take a lot of things in our lives for granted. And you were mentoring Charlie, and he saw brought you out, which is incredible. And he wanted to find Tuna's arguments, and he wanted to be smarter. And what would he say to people young and old that listen to this radio program today, you know, heading into his funeral and memorial this.
Speaker 4: Weekend, He would say, Sean, that Jesus is the most important subject and the most important person in anyone's life if you follow the truth where it leads, because Jesus came to take our punishment upon himself. He lived the perfect life in our place, and by trusting in him, all of the punishment do us goes upon him. And then we are not only forgiven for what we've done, we are given Jesus's righteousness, so we can be reconciled to God the Father. Because Caseean, look, God is infinitely just, and I know I have not been infinitely just. So if he's infinitely just, he has to punish me, and I need somebody then to take my punishment for me. The only place he can find somebody to take that punishment for me is in himself because he's innocent, so he adds humanity to his deity, comes to earth, lives a perfect life in our place, and allows the creatures that rebelled against him to torture and kill him so he could take our punishment upon himself. It's not about doing good works. Good works don't get you to heaven. Good works a result of the fact that you are going to heaven because you love Jesus and what He's done for you. So that would be Charlie's primary message. Everything after that would be secondary but important, like family, like making sure we have a government to protect innocent people from evil, and thankfully now we do, Sean in the past administration, we didn't, as you know, as you so eloquently point out every night. So the most important thing is Jesus, because you're going to be dead a lot longer than you're going to be alive. So get right with God except what Christ has done, and then take care of your family and take care of your neighbors.
Speaker 1: We've all sinned, pastor and fallen short of the glory of God. You know, if there's one bit of comfort from a Christian perspective that we can take out of this, you know, is Jesus' own description of heaven. You know, the eye have not seen, nor had the ear heard, nor has it entered in the hearts of man what God has instored for those who love the truth.
Speaker 5: Let not your heart be troubled.
Speaker 1: At my father's house, there are many mansions, and I go to prepare a place for you. And I say that all the time. And I know you're friends with my dear friend David Limbaugh, who's written on apologetics himself and has actually helped me in my faith. He's been my agent since the beginning of my career and a dear friend and a brilliant writer in his own right.
Speaker 4: He wrote over to our book, I don't have enough faith to be an atheist. David's been a friend for over twenty five years, and he speaks so highly of you, And I know that at one of.
Speaker 1: His doors, I've been able to pull it over over on him all that time.
Speaker 5: Pastor what's that you have?
Speaker 1: I'm teasing, Yeah, if he speaks highly of me, I don't know, does he really know? Look, I just I just appreciate what people like you do. I just appreciate that people like you, Bob McCoy and all these wonderful people were in Charlie's life. It's we know he's in paradise. Remember when Jesus was on the cross, and you know there's one person on one side, one person on the other side, one person mocking him. If you're the Christ, you know, we'll take us down from this cross, and the other guy saying.
Speaker 5: I deserve this. I belong here. You don't.
Speaker 1: And he turned his head and said, this day you will be with me in paradise. I believe in the promise of Heaven.
Speaker 5: I really do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're right, Sean. The body present with the Lord, and that's what happens. People go and be with Jesus immediately. That's where Charlie was when we got him in the car aster.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry you had to live through that, but I'm on the other hand, I'm glad people like you were there with him. I know it meant the world to him, and I know you'll see him again. We appreciate all you work. Pastor.
Speaker 4: Thank you. Thank you so much, Sean. Thanks for having me on to talk about it. It helps.
Speaker 1: Ross Examined dot org is the website. Frank Turk, thank you. Eight hundred nine four one Sean, if you want to be a part of the program. John in Los Angeles, k E I B.
Speaker 5: What's up? John? How are you.
Speaker 4: Good? Afternoon? Such an honor to speak with.
Speaker 5: You, honors all mine. Thank you.
Speaker 4: I got to tell you when when I learned that he had been shot, not that he had passed, but when he had been a shot, it was the first time in the years that I've been compelled with all to my knees and pray Charlie. He was thirty years old, thirty one years old. I'm sixty, and this is a man that I looked up to and admired. He did more in ten years of being active than anybody does in the course of several lifetimes. And to have the impact that he's had, not only here in the United States but around the world. Newsmatch was reporting today that Queen Elizabeth herself even admired Charlie and the work he had done was turning point. UK, what power this man had, and that can only come from one source that you guys have covered, It comes from God.
Speaker 1: Well, if I could encourage him one thing, if this, if this got you on your knees the first time stayed there, you know, the place you'd never want to be in life, in my view, my humble view, and I really have no right to offer advice, but I'm going to do it anyway, is is I The last thing you want is to be arrogant in this life. The best place to be in your life is on your knees and humble. I just believe that. And I think that's when I'm at my best self in life. And I think that you know, moments like this, you know, you know, puts us there, and I think you know, to the extent we can build on that. I think that would make Charlie very happy.
Speaker 5: I believe that.
Speaker 4: I do agree completely than I know im. I thank you, thank you for taking my call.
Speaker 1: Show Thanks, thank you, John, appreciate it. All right, quick break, we'll come right back. We'll get to your phone calls straight ahead. Eight hundred and ninety four one Sean if you want to be a part of the program. George Twilliger will join US former US Deputy Attorney General to discuss the FBI probe Arctic Frost, more evidence of nothing but deep state corruption and at targeting of conservative groups, including Charlie Kirk's turning point USA is evidence is come out this week. We'll get an update on that. Then we'll get more of your calls in on this Friday. Right back to our busy phones. Eight hundred and ninety four one, Shawn our number if you want to be a part of the program.
Speaker 5: Kate is in Utah. Kate, how are you?
Speaker 1: And I'm sorry for all the people in Utah. I know that they've been deeply impacted by all this, especially people around the university.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wasn't at the event. That everybody across the country and the world is impacted because.
Speaker 4: They saw it.
Speaker 3: Hey, Shawn, is the assassination Charlie Kirk reaches the one week point. It's kind of been disturbing to me how much talk show hosts and Fox News personalities are ringing their hands and talking about how troubling it is when someone gets canceled. Jimmy Kimmel lied. He referred to the assassin as a kid. He's twenty one. He wasn't a kid.
Speaker 5: It was thirty one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're right, No, I think it wasn't he twenty one.
Speaker 5: No, he was thirty one when he was assassinated.
Speaker 3: Oh, I mean the assassin was twenty one.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, I'm sorry. I misunderstood you. I apologize.
Speaker 3: Oh, no, worry. Kim O referred to the assassin as a kid, and it's like, no, he's not a kid. You can go to war, you can vote, You're an adult at that point. That's probably part of the culture problem, is referring to twenty one year olds as kids. He's an adult. Brian kill Me said, he helps kim O comes back. It's like there's no comparison between those that have tried to cancel conservatives and those that have been canceled, terminated, or expelled from school in the last week for dancing like demons and seeing vile things at the assassination of Charlie Kirk. And you know, the people on Flyover care about conservatives and being canceled and about conservative business is being adversely impacted that Sean, this isn't uh, this isn't about you know, talk show hosts ability to speak without fear of being canceled, or about ratings. This is about the assassination of a beloved star. I'm going to carry faith leader. Some of them gay young people, specifically young men. Hope Disney or ABC did the right thing. At this moment in time, we just need to let it be called evil. Evil. This is a revolution. No apologies, this is a revolution.
Speaker 1: And you could you could take one observation out of Himmel's comments, and he's been repulsive before. And it's a joke because he just he's celebrated when conservatives got fired. So you know, save me the the phony tears and outrage. ABC made this decision, and uh, that's what happened. And you have low ratings and then you have reduced revenues. That's just a part of television and radio. I've lived with the pressure of audience size my entire career. That's part of the business. But I will tell you he's just not a nice human being. This is a guy that wanted sympathy from the country and he got it when and when he was dealing with issues involving his own child and and just callously saying the things that he said. Nobody could. No conservative was calling for us firing. You know, people tried to say, well, Donald Trump said no, Donald Trump said Kimmel's next, because he knew his ratings awful and that his show is awful, and awful shows with awful ratings don't don't continue to exist in the real world, right.
Speaker 3: And if it took the if the vile things he said was the last straw, great. I don't think anybody should apologize. We don't. We do that too much and that gives that gives win to the sales of the people that try to spin things that Donald Trump says, or try to this wasn't a or try to pin things like this on conservatives. This wasn't a conservative that got him fired. Okay, maybe it was his ratings and other things. Maybe maybe the ass was going to fall eventually, but you know what, they did it at this moment in time, and it was because of pressure by Sinclair and the other conglomerate's great people are this is enough?
Speaker 1: Well, remember there are a lot of their stations. If the Fox had a map on yesterday, I didn't know much about either one of the groups, and they had a map of where these stations were, and there was maybe three stations I saw in California. You know, the problem is is one of the reasons for the failure of late night comedy shows, besides not being funny, besides being you know, bitterly partisan and political. The deposite of Leto, of the opposite of Carson is the fact that they were catering to the you know, the left coast and the east coast and the coastal elites, and the rest of this country is all red, and that that part of the country tuned them out in droves.
Speaker 3: Well, it's it's a it's a it's now a pretty tried and true business model, from you know, bud Light to the Sydney Sweeney ad. We're tired of it. The middle we you know, it was the election proved it bared it out. You know, we're done. I mean, we're not trying to cancel anybody. They can cancel themselves because people are, like you said, there's a revolution. We're calling evil evil and we're sick of it.
Speaker 1: Appreciate the call, Kate, Thank you so much for being with us. Eight hundred and nine shown is a number if you want to be a part of the program.