Speaker 1: We have our in season tournament semifinal matchups Pacers and Bucks, Pelicans and Lakers. We're gonna get into all the ins and outs about knockout round week in the IST. We're also gonna find out why Chris is texting Adam Silver and all the latest with de Aaron Fox and his future in Sacramento. All that next here on this League Uncut.
Speaker 2: Welcome to this League Uncut rule of twenty four hour NBA news.
Speaker 1: This you'll.
Speaker 2: Chris Hans, it's time, Mark Stein, It's so time. This League Uncut is underway and on fire. This should be a good one. Everyone.
Speaker 1: Welcome in to the latest edition of this League Uncut. Mark Stein here with Chris. It is the first full week of December. It is the in season tournament takeover of the NBA. This week, Chris Haynes and I we are doing this podcast and watching the last of the four quarterfinals as we speak. It's sixty three All Suns Lakers in LA. We already know the other three teams that will be in Las Vegas. The Indiana Pacers will play the Milwaukee Bucks for the East's birth in the IST championship game. It'll either be Pelicans Sons or Pelican's Lakers for the West Birth in the nd season Tournament. Chris Haynes will soon be on his way to Vegas. I will be watching from afar. I could not make the entrepreneurial equations work to get myself to Vegas, so I, like many of you, will be living vicariously through Chris Haynes as he is this League Uncuts official and loan Ist representative. Chris Haynes, are you ready for your return to the Desert, this time without me? So no live show like we did in July. It's just gonna be you holding it down for both of us.
Speaker 3: You know, it will not be the same. I'll say that Stne because usually we are we do go to Vegas this time of year, but it's for the G League Showcase. And this is probably the one time on a few occasions that I really get to run into you. You know, You're really hard to catch throughout the season, unless I end up in Dallas, which I will be in Dallas next week.
Speaker 1: That's right, December twelfth. It is written in Penn in my calendar.
Speaker 3: Sorright, so I'll see you there, so that would be cool. But yeah, no, I'm looking forward to this. I actually text Adam Silver today and I told him, I said, I got to give you your props. This is season tournament good idea, because I was actually excited for the pair of games today, like and And that's why I told him. I'm like, I haven't. I don't think I've been excited to watch a game like that in December or late November in a long time, probably since I was just probably a fan before I was covering the league. So you know, I just think a lot of people feel that way about what they're watching right now. And I had to give him as props.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: He hit me back, he say, appreciate that, Chris, But I think every I think a lot of people like Stein, we didn't know going in. We had no clue, and I'm somebody who doesn't. You know. I don't like change often, you know. I like to stick to my routines, and so I'm not always the best person to ask about if something should work or not. But this this show looks like it's going to work. And just to give people a little background on how this thing is going to play out, once once this once all four teams are confirmed for Vegas, so December seventh will be the semi finals, so will be the four teams playing East and West, and then once they both gets down to two, there will be media Day n Season Tournament Championship Media Day on the eighth and it will feature the final two teams. So just like during the NBA Finals we have media Day, it's gonna have media day on December to eighth Friday. At the end December ninth is the championship game. So I'm looking forward to it. Sten, So I wish you were going, Buddy, I really do.
Speaker 1: No and I do too, and listen. As critical as I've been, I am certainly not yet sending any congratulatory texts or messages or emails to the commissioner. But even as critical as I've been about the group stages and the various issues that I've voiced, I too was looking really I was looking forward to the knockout round because I was fascinated to see how the teams would treat it. I never had that. Once we get to Vegas, once there are four teams in Vegas, I have no doubt that people are going to be psyched about that neutral site. Four teams, two single elimination games, and even in these quarterfinal games which are not at neutral sites. The crowd in Indiana on Monday night was so hyped. That was as big a game as the Pacers have played in a long long time. Tyrese Halliburton has talked about how he has never even been on TNT until that game, and now this week we're going to get to see him on national TV multiple times. Halliburton rose to the occasion first career triple double play, saying, while sick, you know, for New Orleans two, same thing. Zion Williamson has never played in an NBA playoff game, So for some of these teams this is a huge deal. And it's, like I said, as critical as I've been about so much of this, to me has not felt like a tournament. This week, it's finally starting to feel like a tournament. And when the Vegas portion starts, I'm sure it's gonna feel like a tournament. And again, along with all the criticisms that I've levied, when the league does good things, I'm gonna give them their props. And I have to say a couple things that I've really liked this week. The scheduling has been smart to make sure that Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, the only games being played on those days will be in season tournament games. You have the two quarterfinals Monday night, we have two quarterfinals Tonight, Thursday's the two semis, Saturday's the championship. If you want to watch NBA games this week on those days, the only thing you can see is the is team. And that's really smart and to go with, you know, to at least somewhat slightly offset my many many complaints that this thing, this tournament hasn't been soccer like enough for me. But one thing the league has done that is very soccer like. This week they announced they sent out pictures in a long release. You've got the NBA Cup that the championship team will win. They have a trophy for the tournament MVP. But they've also got winners medals. Every player on the championship team will collect a championship medal. And that is very soccer like and something that this soccer nerd definitely appreciates.
Speaker 3: If we're talking about you know, I think everybody has an opinion and half suggestions about how we can make things better. I think a couple of them. You know. The point differential is kind of debatable. If you talk to coaches around the league, and I've talked to probably a dozen, and they're it varies, you know, it varies. You know, some are for it, some are against it. Some talk about implementing a you know, a quarter system where the team who's won the team who's won more quarters are prioritized in the standings. But stein, what do you think about this, because I think largely this is probably confused a lot of spectators. Is the group play? And when I mean the group play is that you know when these games, you know, they're they're spread out. The n C tournament, they're they're they're spread out, like so they'll play n season tournament group game, then they'll play another one next week or a week and a half later, and people forget, like the what the record is during the season, I mean during you know, during the course of the regular season that early on. What is the problem with just doing the nd season tournament? Just just take carving out two and a half weeks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hope that that's what I would like to see. That's I mean to me because if you know, again, and I'm a soccer nerd, so I look at this often through a soccer fans perspective, and if you really want to make it like the FA Cup in England or the League Cup in England, the games in the tournament would be separate from the regular season schedule. I totally understand why the NBA didn't want to do that, especially in year one, because on top of all the logistical challenges, they were worried that teams might not play their main guys if the games are separate. They wanted them to be regular season games that counted twice to incentivize teams to make sure they use their best players because if you lose those games, it can hurt you in the standings as well. But yes, down the road, and I don't know how soon it will be, but I'm hopeful. I would love. I think the whole thing should be in Vegas, and I think they could do it in less than two weeks realistically, And I think it should be completely single elimination, because that's what would really make it different, unique and inject some novelty into this thing.
Speaker 3: Oh so you said, so you're saying screw to group play, like screwed.
Speaker 1: Totally if it was up to If it was up. To me, there would be no group play because the group play, it's it's just it's not real group play. It's just these four regular season games are gonna count twice. I just to me, it's it's not it's you know, it's not a separate group. When college basketball teams play in tournaments before league play, they go to the Maui Classic or wherever it is, and they play games that do not count in their conference schedule. But you know, the NBA again, and like I said, I understand why the NBA doesn't want to do that, but I think if they if they went the route I'm saying, if they just said, you know what, the whole league is going to go to Vegas for a week and a half to two weeks. You know, we'll give the top we'll give the buys to the top four seeds. The other twenty eight teams go into a hat. Let's just pick it, pick it out of a hat, mix up East and West, and let's really get crazy and play a real tournament. I think we will get more of the excitement that we've seen this week because single elimination. To me, that's where the juice is. That's why people are loving this this week because it truly is win or go home in one game, and that's something the NBA is not used to. It's new, and to me, that's where that novelty factor comes in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wouldn't be opposed to that. I actually like that. I just think that, like, even if they do keep the group play, I just think, like, just carve out two weeks, go ahead and go through your group play schedule and then from there get to your knockout rounds. Like, just just keep it focused on the N Season tournament for two weeks. Give the N Season Tournament two weeks. Don't put other regular season games in between, because people forget, you know, like the broadcast crew, we have to continue to remind people, Hey, I know, like a team might have lost, a team might have lost three in a row, right, but we have to remind them, hey, but they're two and zero in N Season tournament games, you know what I mean. Like, so it's like, let's just go into ND season tournament mode. Stay there for how from beginning to end, so everybody can focus and concentrate on that, and then you give it all the attention you need. But I'm definitely not a p go to you saying just go straight to knockout rounds, inviting all the you know, inviting all the NBA teams into it. It would definitely be much more pilling. But you know, those are those small suggestions.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And one of the things I'm looking forward to this week when you go to Vegas and this is, you know, I will you know, I was joking before, but I really will be living through you in this respect. I mean, I'm really hopeful that you being on the ground, and you know, I'm sure there's gonna be some sort of availability with Adam Silver, and I hope something that happens this week is that we get some kind of glimpse of what the league thinks worked well, what the league thinks didn't work so well. Will they reveal in Vegas any of the changes in tweaks that they're likely to implement next season, because I look, you know, they haven't made any kind of formal announcement, but I think we can all say it's been enough intrigue just this week has been spark that they're going to try this again next season. I certainly don't think it's going to be a one and done. I'm sure, they're gonna want to bring it back and see if they can make it better and see if they can keep building this thing, because ultimately we know they would love to be able to sell the n Season Tournament as a separate TV property, and you got to do it for more than one year if that's the case.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I spoke with CJ McCollum of the New Orleans Pelicans. He's also the president of the Players Association. I had their game for TNT, the Kings Pelicans, and we saw that the Pelicans they advanced it beat the sacrament of Kings in Sacramento for that. But CJ said they've already started the process of offering suggestions to the league on how to improve this theme. But he said the players are definitely on board with continuing this on. Pretty Much everybody you know think this is a great idea. In New Orleans, they were, They took care of business, but they were ready. You know, they got to Vegas Wednesday, excuse me, Tuesday morning. So they played Monday night and they left first thing in the morning for Vegas, like they they were prepared. I was in Stein. I was during the there was a huddle, there was a time out in that game, and it was the second half. I can't remember if it was the third quarter or fourth quarter, but New Orleans had a pretty nice lead and Alvarado is talking, you know, pumping his teammates up and motivating everybody, and he was like, come on, we're this much closer to to get on that bus for Vegas. So, uh, you know, it's just like, guys, are you know this? They're motivated about this, and you know, Las Vegas is definitely an attraction that appeals to a large mass of individuals, including NBA players, So you know, it's it's so far, so good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So let's talk a little bit more about that, because, as you said, you had Monday night's game, New Orleans go into Sacramento and beats the Kings for the third time this season, Pels three to zero against Sacramento, and I mean that was a big opportunity for both teams because we all remember last season was Sacramento finished third in the West, but that was their first trip to the playoffs in seventeen years, after a league record and unwanted league record sixteen consecutive seasons out of the playoffs. So the Pelicans Zion Williamson has yet to play in a playoff game. The Kings have no recent playoff success to speak of, so there was a lot on the line for both teams. And also in the middle of all that, I saw you on TV reporting about the dieron Fox contract situation. So maybe you can expound for us now and give us a little gives give us a little on TV. You have to kind of rush through it in a minute or two. Maybe you can take a little more time here and walk us through what's going on with deer Fox and the King's attempts to resign him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I reported during the game, and this was never reported before, but uh, you know, sources have told me that Dearn Fox was presented with an extension prior to this season started starting. And we all know he's represented by Rich Paul, the CEO of Clutch Sports, but they were presented a two year, one hundred and five million dollar extension that Fox and Rich turned down. And let me just say this, I remember this was a few years ago. I remember when when Rich Paul signed Deerren. Deerren had let go of his longtime agent and hired Rich the I think the the immediate response. I would say, I think a lot of people thought that this is another Anthony David situation, hiring Rich Paul to try to get the Aaron out of Sacramento. And this was before again, this was before Sacramento took off, probably a year before Sacramento took off, and have you know, have become the team that they are now. And so now you see it's a situation where Dearn like really loves it in Sacramento, really really really loves it. And you know, Sacramento, I think they were kind of still trying to figure out what Dearn ceiling was in this league. And then you see what Daren he did last season. You see that he's stepped it up this year, averaging thirty a game. And Sacramento Kings are still clicking, and so they want this to be a long term partnership, Sacramento Kings and Fox. So they're in agreement on that. And I wanted to stein, you're so accurate on you know, on TV you say one or two minutes, no more like thirty second. You got about thirty thirty forty seconds to try to make your point, and you know, sometimes you leave stuff out you're like, dangn, damn, I want to tuck, you know, I want to There's more context I could have added, but I wanted to clarify on air that that that was the most that the Kings could extend deer was a two year, one hundred and five million, And from what I was told, the Kings offered that because you know, that's all they could, but they understood that Deeron likely wouldn't accept that, and that was fine. And so Dearon is holding out for the chance that he can become eligible for a Supermax. And from what I was told, his supermax, you know, these numbers are ballpark as of right now. There's still some things we have to they have to clear, but he can command around a four year, two hundred and forty five million dollar supermax extension. So, uh, the Kings understand Fox wants to be in Sacramento long term. They want him their long term. But that was just just think about that steing guys. You know, this is just a different league. Now, the money is different. You think about guys turning down two years, one hundred and five million, that's what fifty two to fifty three million a season. Man that's crazy money right there. But you know, you got to think about the long term plan and what you can have for you know, double the years if so.
Speaker 1: And you can understand why the Aaron Fox would take this position because, as you said, the Kings, the most they can offer as we speak, two years in the ballpark of one hundred million. Maybe it's a little bit north of one hundred million, maybe it's a little bit south, but basically it's just two years. One hundred ish million is the most Sacramento can offer now. If the Aaron Fox makes another All NBA team after this season, and remember he made and All NBA team last season, if Dearon Fox can do that again, now he becomes eligible for that four year megadeal you were describing that's worth almost two hundred and fifty million. So it's the sensible move for the Kings to make that offer now, and also the sensible move for Fox to hold off on it. And you know, maybe All NBA is not his only aim because your guy Mike Brown, Man, how many press conferences already have we heard Mike Brown campaigning for Dearen already to win MVP honors, already winning MVP honors, or Defensive Player of the Year would also get it done for Dearon Fox. But I think the more realistic aim would certainly be making an All NBA team for the second straight season. That would do it. And I think you what did come across in your report on TV You made it clear both the CA and de Aaron Fox they wanted they want a long term relationship together.
Speaker 3: Yes, And the earliest if he is able to get All NBA or MVP or Defense Player of the Year, the earliest he will be able to sign his super Max extension will be July eighth of twenty twenty four. So that's the long play. That's the long game right there. And again, Sacramento, they're balling. Darren Fox is balling. I don't see if they if they have, if they continue as he is right now, continue on this trajectory, Darreon Fox will definitely make All NBA again.
Speaker 1: He's not gonna win Defensive Player of the Year. I'm gonna go out on a limb right now and say that ain't happening.
Speaker 3: What about MVP Star All NBA.
Speaker 1: He's got a great chance and about uh, Sacramento's gonna have to win fifty plus games, I think for him to get in that conversation. But like I said, Mike Brown, Mike Brown is he puts that in the ether every week, so he is. He is a very loud campaign manager for the years. Yeah, so back to the present again, as we said, we're taping this in the midst of Lakers Suns fourth quarter.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 1: That's been a tight game all night to see who claims this last in season tournament birth. But you know, I will be jealous of you in Vegas because there is gonna be a lot going on Indiana Milwaukee. That's one of Thursday's games. Now, Milwaukee beats the Knicks. Milwaukee scores one hundred and forty six on the Knicks. The Knicks came into that game with a fifth ranked defense, very impressive showing. But the cynic, the skeptic within me is gonna ask what kind of crowd are we gonna get in Vegas for Pacers Bucks? Had that been paid Nicks? I mean, there are Vegas is a Laker town, but there are a lot of Knicks fans in Vegas as well. Are we gonna see Pacers fans and Bucks fans traveling to Vegas on short notice? That is one of the really intriguing questions to me here this week, what kind of turnout are we gonna get from the local fans in Vegas? And how excited are the locals gonna be about a Pacers Bucks showdown for a spot in the n season tournament final. So that is something I will be texting you throughout that game to get to get some crowd flavor.
Speaker 3: STI. So you bring that up, you pose that question. Did you see our good friend Nick for Dale's tweet today?
Speaker 2: I did?
Speaker 3: Uh huh, So Nick, let me pull Let me pull up Nick for Dale's tweet just a moment. Bear with me, please. I found it Nick for Dale's tweet today. He tweeted this before or the Pacers. Excuse me, he tweeteds before the Bucks and Knicks played. He said, I quote, the NBA has got to be absolutely praying the Lakers and Knicks win tonight. Who is going to watch, let alone pay to see the Pacers and Bucks play at two pm Pacific time on a Thursday afternoon in Vegas? And you know, you know, I tend to scroll on Twitter to kind of get the reaction of some fans and what they're saying. The majority of them are saying they got pretty similar tweets saying, so you mean that people wouldn't want to go see Giannis Dame Halliburton and they would rather see Julius Randall play in Las Vegas. So that's pretty much. That was pretty much the response from a lot of people right there. I would tend to believe that vague knew that the n season tournament was coming. You know, you still have great stars. I don't know necessarily that people in Vegas want to see the Knicks at Lakers. I think the Lakers being there is important because it is a Lakers town, But I don't know that necessarily a Lakers Knicks would be a big draw.
Speaker 1: Well, I would say, look, I do. I do think there are tons of Knicks fans in Vegas, tons of displaced New Yorkers. But I would also say this as Vegas has shown summer after summer after summer, with the huge crowds we see at Summer League, there are a lot of NBA fans in Vegas. And if it was me and I was a Vegas resident to see a game with stakes, you know, all the games in Vegas are always Summer League games or USAB exhibitions or preseason games. I mean this is this is a real game. A real game is not played in Vegas too often. So yeah, with Giannis and Dame and Halliburton and real stakes, to me, the gym should be full. But I also think it's fair. It's a fair question. It's fair to wonder because again from you, if you are a Bucks fan or a Pacers fan, how easy is it to just wing your way to Vegas on a Thursday on short notice. I don't know that it's that easy. So I don't know how many fans from those cities will be traveling, but I would like to think that the game can you know, it's three games in Vegas, I would like to think that that's a pretty decent ticket, a ticket in pretty decent demand.
Speaker 3: I'm not even thinking about fans of teams following them to Vegas. I'm just thinking more so Vegas. Vegas is a basketball town. It is a really good sports town, and it's a Lakers town as well, and so especially if the Lakers make it, the draw is already going to be there. But I still think there's enough star attraction for Vegas. Vegas residents to peck that arena out at the end. It's an extra bonus. If if the fans of teams.
Speaker 1: Travel, you're always dialed into the Bucks. How do you think they're looking at this? We know the Pacers are psyched. We know this is a big moment. Haliburtonist, Miles Turner, Rick Carlisle, these guys have all talked about what a great opportunity, the opportunity this is because, let's face it, I mean, no one's picking Indiana to win a championship this season. The Pacers have been fantastic in the ist. They're five and ohero in tournament play, but they're just five and eight in all other games. So the Pacers have definitely played their best in the tournament. I mean, but the Bucks. Bucks have to be feeling great again to almost put up one fifty tonight on the on the defense first Knicks, the number five defense in the league.
Speaker 3: M hm oh. They they're pumped up, they're motivated. I spoke to Dame a little bit after the game, and you know that they're ready to go in there and win this thing. But Dame did say, you know, he had he spoke at he spoke after the game. It's post game presser. He was asked about like would this have any carryover to try to help and propel them to just finding a new identity and reaching a new level to that that will prepare them for the playoffs, and he said he doesn't think, you know, even winning the n Season Tournament would have any carryover, he said, because this is it's too fast, exactly what he said, he said, it's December. I don't think that's going to play a part in what's going to happen in May or June. And so, but the competitive the com heatheror in him and the team and all these teams that make it to Vegas, you know, they want to win. They're going out there, they're they're excited, they want to win. And that's that's what I'm most impressed by Stein with this n Season Tournament is that there's passion in November and December. And you can't you couldn't honestly say that was the case in years prior, because again the knock on the league as being the NBA season doesn't get started until after all Star break. And so we're seeing, you know, we're seeing this thing just revived here and I love it, and so That's why I'm like, I'm pumped and motivated to for being out there and checking this thing out. And it's and it's new, it's fresh and new, and you know, the players and they're getting paid to go as well, they getting a little extra bonus. So so far, so good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, player buying has not been an issue. I think the players have embraced this thing more than I thought they would. There's been no shortage of guys who have let it be known that the five hundred thousand that will go to every member of the team that wins this thing. Even the guys making really good money want that money. Even Lebron James, he wants that five hundred k he's making. You know, he's he's not on a minimum deal, but he wants that money. And as we speak, Lebron just put the Lakers up five here with two minutes and change to go, and Lebron trying to drive the Lakers to to a win over the Suns and put LA into the ist semis as the last team to advance. But it's really the bigger questions will be how much does how much does this mean to fan bases? Whoever wins well, I am curious, so like, you know, how how will you know whoever wins this thing? How will they celebrate? How will their fans celebrate? Are they going to raise a banner if they win the first?
Speaker 3: Is? S t like?
Speaker 1: Just how how robust the celebrating will be for whoever wins this thing? And we're now just a couple of days away from getting getting some of those answers.
Speaker 3: That's a good question. I never thought about that. Banners. Hmm, I don't know how I feel about that.
Speaker 1: Look, I fully expect the banner. I don't expect a parade, But you know, so.
Speaker 3: The Lakers, the Lakers and the Celtics, they're rich, their rich history that they all they all they want are championships. You really think they'll include.
Speaker 1: Bat you know, I guess, you know, I guess it does depend on the franchise because those teams are you know, the late You know, there are some teams that will hang a banner if they win a division or.
Speaker 3: It gets all my nerves s tign it gets oh my nerves when I see them.
Speaker 1: But that's exactly but that's exactly why your pal Adam Silver wants this thing. Well, the biggest reason is because he wants to create something that they can sell as a separate, a separate menu of games to TV partners. But his whole thing has been to try to give NBA teams, like soccer teams abroad, the chance to compete for something else. So the Larry O'Brien isn't the only prize that everybody's chasing. So I would think many more teams than not if they win the IST or hanging a banner.
Speaker 3: I honestly do think the IST is here to stay. I'm not a pope. A banner can it do something else to acknowledge? Like, I don't know, Uh, banners, uh just not fit. Like I'm thinking about.
Speaker 1: The Indiana Pacers if they win the IST.
Speaker 3: They'll probably put a banner up for sure.
Speaker 1: They'll put New Orleans Pelicans if they win the tournament.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just not you know, Stan, I'm still not into the participation awards. And I'm not saying that, you know, I'm not saying that the isht Cup Championship, whatever it is, it's not bann or worthy. But yeah, no, I just hold in high regard, uh of a Larry O'Brian trophy. I just hold that in high regard, and I just yeah, hey, whatever again.
Speaker 1: And look and that's and that's you know, that's wow.
Speaker 3: This game, start this game, look at this game.
Speaker 1: Star like both these teams want this bad like they.
Speaker 3: They Lakers upon twenty seconds left, Yeah, I mean, oh, big three by Austin Reeves puts them up four with fifteen seconds left.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, Producer Ryan, much to our dismay, muted our microphones. There. Chris and I were gonna do an absolute live watch along play by play extravaganza for the last two minutes until Producer Ryan broke the rule book out and informed us that we probably get in trouble if we went that route. So we watched the ending together. But you didn't get to hear you won't get to hear our attempts at play by play. And let's just man, man, that is the Lakers hold on for a one oh six, one oh three win, but a very controversial and sure to be hotly disputed call. On the morning after, the Lakers able to call a late time out when man, it sure did not look like they had possession of the ball. So that the league is uh, the league, we'll be hearing about it for sure with the Lakers advancing.
Speaker 3: And maybe they get the Laker Press Corp. Can get what you have to do. Yeah, that's right, fool reporter.
Speaker 1: Maybe by the time this podcast out we'll get a pool reporter explanation for why the Lakers were able to call a time out there. And don't want to take anything away from how well Lebron James and Anthony Davis played. They were quite a duo in this one. Lebron fifteen of his thirty one in the fourth quarter, huge three pointer from Austin Reeves, Lakers escape, Lakers get that last berth in Vegas. So it's Pelicans, Lakers, Pacers.
Speaker 3: Bucks, Lakers getting in this big. That's big. That that helps. Like, if there was one team the league would want in Vegas, the Lakers.
Speaker 1: Are, which is exactly why they ain't gonna hear the last about this time out call the Sons would have. The Sons were still down two. But yeah, you have not heard the last about that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's tough, but no, this is it. This is it final four, It's set, it's set, sn Stan. You still got time, man, what's what's today? Today is the fifth? You still have time to make arrangements to be in Vegas. That's a nice easy flight, Stein.
Speaker 1: Nice easy flight. But for reasons I'm gonna keep to myself. I'm sadly not gonna make it. But like I said, you are representing me and all our listeners. You are this league uncuts official Vegas representative correspondent, And I cannot wait to see, can't wait to get the in game text, can't wait to hear all the things you're hearing, and we'll see, We'll see what happens. Can the Lakers Vegas is a Lakers town? Can the Lakers take advantage of that late fortuitous whistle to go on and win this thing and give Lebron James a trophy that Michael Jordan will never win. Are we gonna get some crazy surprised so? Is it gonna be Lakers Bucks in the finals? Are we gonna get Pacers Pelicans? Are we gonna get a Pacers Pelicans final that no one saw coming? All kinds of possibilities, and Chris Haynes will come back with all kinds of stories to tell us we will actually somehow we're gonna find a way to do a pod while you're in Vegas to get some of the local flavor, hopefully before Saturday's championship games, so stay tuned for that. Safe travels out there. Don't do anything I wouldn't do.
Speaker 3: I'll I'll have a bodyguar out with me. Really, yes, wifey.
Speaker 1: Ties and losses, Ties and losses, all right. That will do it for this edition of This League Uncut Please remember, as always if you haven't already, rate, review, and subscribe to the show, and Chris and I will be back with you very very soon. Thanks everybody for listening.
Speaker 2: And that'll do it for us. See you next time. This League UNCUTTA is an iHeartRadio production. Put Suck a locket
Speaker 1: Chris Hanes and Mark Stein