Speaker 1: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast? Easy? Just use Indeed. Stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer, speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen. Just go to Indeed dot com slash pod katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need.
Speaker 2: So how did you make the money? A couple of different ways. How you make money on the podcast and your your guys specifically. So first I want to talk about Patreon. Yes, Patreon is something that once again to them, we didn't know anything about Patreon un till we started a podcast and somebody actually put in a comment on Instagram like you guys have a Patreon and like what, I'm like, yo.
Speaker 3: You know what Patreon is? Like No, I'm like, all right, let me just type it in. Let's see what this is.
Speaker 4: And there's actually that's the one site that there's a ton of Google about. Like, when you start podcasting, there is no blueprint to what we're doing.
Speaker 5: No, there's not.
Speaker 4: So I can give you all of the steps that I did exactly. That doesn't mean you're going to see the success money I made. There's just really no blueprints of this. But Patreon there is. And again, at this point, when we first started the podcast, we were paying for studio, we were paying for edits, we needed fires, we need there was expenses coming out and we were like, okay, let's find a way to bring money in, and so we started our Patreon account.
Speaker 2: So all right, so you guys really doing really well with Patreon. So can you talk about that, Like what what's your your model for Patreon?
Speaker 4: So for Patreon, we wanted to you have to give them more than what they're getting. So as podcasting, I don't think people realize like the amount of information we give out that's for free to a lot of people, and we started growing.
Speaker 5: We really have supporters. I like to think.
Speaker 4: Of our audience as there are our sisters, they are our best friends.
Speaker 5: We're in their head as those things.
Speaker 4: And so being as vulnerable as we have in transparent with our lives, people wanted to support us, but we were just giving them content for free.
Speaker 5: So we were like, okay, what can we give them for a subscription? That's what Patreon is. It's a subscription.
Speaker 4: It's a subscription platform that you could add to your already present platform.
Speaker 2: For creatives quick and it doesn't have to be podcasting any videos. Anybody can have a Patreon. You can have a Patreon any account, and how much you make of Patreon.
Speaker 5: So currently we're seeing close to nine grand.
Speaker 2: A month, so what do you? What do you? What do you have?
Speaker 4: So right now we offer a two dollars tier, a five dollars heier, and a fifteen dollars heier And for our fifteen dollars patrons and five dollars patrons, they get three bonus episodes a month.
Speaker 5: So as a.
Speaker 4: Creator, we are creating now seven to eight episodes a month, and then for our fifteen dollars. Tier patrons, we send them out merch, so every four months they are able to receive merch from us, and it can be anything from a crew neck, a sweatshirt, a T shirt, socks, a mug, and so every four months they're now getting merch that you can only get as being a top tier patron, which is dope because now that we do live shows and they come in with the merch, we know that they're supporters and it's just a different connection that we have with them. But also it allows them to have their own community boards, they talk with each other. We give information that we only give to our patrons that we don't put on our public platforms. And then now that we are also on tour, it's the only place that you can be to get access to pre sale tickets, which was a big thing because our Patreon community sold out our VIP tickets for our New York show before it was even open to the public. So people feel like, you know, they're still getting value and being a part of that community.
Speaker 2: And how long did it take to grow? How many patrons do you have?
Speaker 5: We have about fourteen hundred.
Speaker 2: How long did it take to grow down?
Speaker 4: We started our Patreon account December of twenty seventeen, and I can remember shit, sorry, I think we started with maybe getting eighty dollars a month and then that grew to two and three hundred and it's a slow climb. But then that's when we went from giving them one episode to two episodes to now three episodes. So we've grown to let them know that they're getting you know, their money is right now.
Speaker 3: I was crazy the first month we started Patreon, Like I said, we had no idea, like even creating the tiers. It was like how do we even price it? We tried to figure out what would make sense. And then like the first month we had like two people.
Speaker 5: Oh, we were happy because we were like.
Speaker 2: Going, we covered our studio.
Speaker 4: Like now we weren't having to pay for the studio because these five people who you know, I wanted to support us was now it was covering our costs.
Speaker 2: No, Patreon has a great idea, and like I said, not just for podcasts, any creative that's looking to grow organically, because what it allows is for your your natural supporters, people that really really supports you to support you financially. And it's not just charity they're getting something for it as well. So, like what we've done with our Patreon is that we've given like the top tier, top two tiers, access to our online university, which caught Eyo University. They also get access to live stream events all of our events. They get discounts to our events, I think.
Speaker 3: To the events and to the and to our merch But when they go to Lesia dot com they about emerging.
Speaker 2: They get FaceTime at the highest level.
Speaker 6: Right, yeah, we're going to so like now, yeah, we started to Call Girl.
Speaker 3: We're in the process of revamping it because it's like, yeah, we we've added so much content now that we can maybe.
Speaker 6: Offer like another episode. So we're gonna start doing things.
Speaker 2: Like that too, right, maybe even transcripts, transcripts epis. People want to like they take note, they want to open above. So I really like when you told me that you was making nine thousand a month off for Patreon. I really like that because it's a way to because like you said, the podcasts are free, right, So it's like it's hard for podcasters to provide so people don't understand how much work it takes to take to a podcast. Oh oh, it's a full time work.
Speaker 6: It is a full time time and the time too, the time too, it's like it's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but even so and then travel.
Speaker 5: Oh and that's what I was going to say.
Speaker 4: So with those funds, we were able to, like I told you, our merch for our tour, this go around cost us damn near eight grand, Like it's expensive to buy merch, to sell merch to go on the road. And so our very first tour that we did. Mind you again, just being on a network, we still own a lot of our content and so our first tour we had no agent.
Speaker 5: So Patreon funded our first tour.
Speaker 4: We spent about twenty thousand dollars getting the venues, and this was throughout eight cities. We did thirteen shows and we literally were like, okay, let's look at our analytics.
Speaker 5: What city are we going to.
Speaker 4: We looked at our SoundCloud analytics and was like, okay, we have audiences here. We picked what we would feel comfortable as far as venue size, and literally when people ask we were like, okay, we're going to Atlanta. Google Atlanta theater. That's what we did. We googled the city followed by the word theater. A list came up and we started emailing and calling those places asking for availability and rental costs, and so we went through all of these cities. We picked the venues, we got the rental costs. We knew what we wanted to stay between as far as money, So I think our most expensive venue, of course, was Caroline's.
Speaker 5: New York City. That one was about.
Speaker 2: Five five thousand.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and for a matine show.
Speaker 5: The comedy clubs weren't dealing with us at all. They didn't know who we were.
Speaker 4: They didn't really We had a four four pm on a Sunday, So for you know, for the comedy clubs, they were a little bit more pricey. But our venues ranged anywhere from you know, our venue in Chicago was our least expensive. That one was, I don't know. I think we got for like one hundred and fifteen hour and it's at one hundred and thirty people. We did the numbers, we priced our tickets. We had our friends check people and we said, here's an extra phone, scan them on event bright. We put all of our tickets on e vent Bride had our friends at the door. We were like, we're not popular, we don't need security. We had no security for the first tour, and we knew we had to be out at a certain time because we weren't paying no over fees, so we runted the venues, kept one hundred percent of the door, and we covered our own hotel and transportation expenses. So for some of the cities, I was like, girl, I'm staying with you even though we had even though I'm on tour, I'm staying with my homegirls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how many c did how many cit did you do your first one?
Speaker 5: Our first tour?
Speaker 4: We did eight cities and in about three or four of the cities we had to add an extra show because we sold.
Speaker 5: Out the first show.
Speaker 2: How much money you make on your first tour?
Speaker 4: Our first, our first tour, we made about one hundred and ten thousand profit. If you take out the venue calls, we saw almost one hundred grand.
Speaker 2: And but now you've got an agent's changed changed the game for you.
Speaker 4: Yes, we are now signed to W and Me and they are now doing our second tour. And we went from doing eight cities to seventeen cities.
Speaker 2: And how has that helped you as far as like boost up the amount of cities.
Speaker 4: It's been amazing because we don't have to we don't have to call the venues and be like, hey, so we want to do a show. Like that was the thing. We're walking into these venues. We're doing tech, we're doing sound, we're making sure the green room is cool, we're handling the guest list. They're like, y'all don't have anyone. And it was literally me and my co host with our friends that wanted to help. And so we're going into these venues as the booker, the talent, the management, the producers of everything.
Speaker 6: Now the agent takes cut.
Speaker 4: No, the agent takes care of booking the venues, and we now have a tour manager and a tour assistant that deal with the writer's production to where we can now show up and put on a.
Speaker 2: Show and they get paid.
Speaker 5: Yes, our assistant we pay salary.
Speaker 4: Our tour manager we pay salary, and the agent takes a percentage.
Speaker 6: Said writers, writers.
Speaker 4: So like the things the hospitality writer, but we asked for in our green room. So I want it to be like I want Skittles with the purple ones taking out.
Speaker 5: But I was like, no, let me stop.
Speaker 4: But I was like, oh, we talent now, Like we went to Howard Theater, which was one of our biggest venues in my name was on the room.
Speaker 5: I was like, I need all.
Speaker 4: The but no, I'm o writer. It's Tito's, which I might have to up that because it'd be going before the show starts.
Speaker 5: So I got Tito's.
Speaker 4: My co host has like red Bull like it's simple. That's our hospitality writer. And then we have our production writer. So what we need on stage, the music that we're going to play, the host, what time we want them and come out. So we still are very much in charge with the production of our show.
Speaker 2: And that's dope because that's important to us. It's so the podcast game is becoming like a real, real crazy thing where it's like, as a podcast, you can go on tour just like a musician can go on tour, and you get the same benefits, and it's like what you described for your first ship. That's like where we're at right now because we're on our tour right now where we do everything ourselves.
Speaker 4: So that's the thing that I will say a lot of people see a lot of podcasts going on tours or doing live shows and they automatically think they have to do it.
Speaker 5: I would go against that.
Speaker 4: I think a lot of people think that, you know, if they're not doing live shows, then they're not successful. And I think they need to focus on maybe reaching their audience more before just okay, we're going to do a live show. Because I do know a lot of podcasters that are like, Okay, it's time for me to do a live show, and then they get the venue, they start selling tickets and no tickets to me, what's.
Speaker 6: The number though? Like when do you know?
Speaker 2: Is what our blueprint was. We did networking events. We did free networking events in six cities in America. We did La Chicago, Houston, New York, Atlanta, anywhere else you got them. Five we did five free and no, we're not a networking event. We did five free networking events last year free, completely free come and we just made money off of merch and the bar. We split contents on the bar right. We did that for a few different reasons. A. We wanted to just get out and touch the cities we like and interact with the people. And we used it as a real time gauge to see how hot we was in those.
Speaker 4: I really liked that it's like a pop up show, our first live show again, like I was, I was telling you guys before, as an accountant, I'm looking at margins and break even and all of the things necessary and looking at what we had to put.
Speaker 5: Out and.
Speaker 4: So what we needed to sell tickets at. We did have our studio that we recorded at the time. He put up the money and then we paid him back with the ticket sales. But we literally our first show, we saw no money at all, and we did We weren't doing it for money, but we were doing it to reach our audience. So I would say that would maybe be another tip. It's to make sure you price the tickets as something where you could at least break even, and not to look at your first live show as something to make a ton of money off of. So maybe sizing your venue down with something that's not going.
Speaker 2: To cost a lot. Yeah and yeah, So it's just dope because it's all learned experience. It's it's like so for us now, like I said, we're in the stage where we're not signing to anybody and we don't have any booking ages or anything, so we're doing all this stuff. It's a lot of work. That's why we kind of like spread it out like six weeks in between shows, and we do two so we do like a live podcast and we do a workshop too, so it's like a two day event. But when we got invited, like I said, shout out eighty five South and we got invited to they were guests on lip Service, on the Lip Service Angela Yee's podcast. So we went to the show that they had in New York City. No at where was it at?
Speaker 6: Uh, Lincoln Hole?
Speaker 2: Was Lincolnhole? I think was, yeah, but it was so they were guests on lip Service. Yes, So we got there before eighty five South got there. So they they brought us to their like room, the green room, and like they had the liquor bottles and it was like a real like backstage for for former but as.
Speaker 4: A podcaster, especially if you're doing the lot like you're an artist like and so yeah, it's great.
Speaker 6: These are entertainment me being on tour, like.
Speaker 4: We're going through riders, we have day calls, we have like, we have sound checks, we have it's really crazy, like and when I'm talking to my friends who are in the music industry, they're like, you know, dang, you have like a real tour, like a real schedule, like and I'm like, yeah, it's kind of like I'm a music artist.
Speaker 2: Is kind of yeah, But I have to say it's like it's a it's earners.
Speaker 6: What's up.
Speaker 3: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works, like the checkout is fast, the seats of digital tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on.
Speaker 6: What matters most ready.
Speaker 3: To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com, backslash, go backslash eyl to learn more. That's Square dot com, backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate, let's square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and or they definitely can be, But understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieved their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring the safe plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 7: Coach, the energy out there felt different. What changed for the team today?
Speaker 3: It was the new game day, scratches from the California Lottery players, everything.
Speaker 6: Those games sent the team's energy through the roof.
Speaker 7: Are you saying it was the off field play that made the difference on the field.
Speaker 6: Hey, little play makes your day, and today it made the game.
Speaker 7: That's all for now, Coach, One more question played the new Los Angeles Chargers, San Francisco forty nine Ers and Los Angeles Ram Scratchers from the Calign lottery. A little play can make your day, Peace, make responsibilit must be eighteen years or older to purchase plate or claim.
Speaker 2: It's always a progression in the business. So it's like, as you so, now you have staff that handles your touring for you, that helps it out. Now you can add more shows and it makes it, you know, easier transition. And that's something that a lot of times people don't really think about as far as like, especially like when a podcast or any type of creative it is like there's more to it than just the content.
Speaker 4: But I think and it's one of the things that we're trying to get now. I don't think people realize the importance of a team. And so for a lot of the beginning of us, it was just me and her and we did we thought we could do it all. Like like I said, we were every position imaginable, and it's there's only so far that you could take yourself before you create a team.
Speaker 5: So you guys, having someone behind the camera, that's hope.
Speaker 4: You guys now don't have to deal with the video element of something and you have him doing that us now having an engineer helps without me have to do the editing. When we're dealing with a tour, we're looking for an assistant social media person like you. It takes a team, which I think is why you have these people like Angela Yee and Brilliant Idiots and Joe Budden who has been able to go so far because they have people.
Speaker 5: That have their roles.
Speaker 2: That's the fact. Eighty five South show So they are nineteen people. Yeah, and they said they started with they was doing I think like one hundred to two hundred people. Now they do like three three thousand, three thousand people. They started out with a wood table and three microphones. Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So, I mean they get anyone, anyone looking to get into the space, if they're looking for it to be a business. This definitely is something that you can grow to be like very you know, profitable.
Speaker 2: So hosting you get paid on hosting tour.
Speaker 4: Yes, I do panels, hostings. That just goes with bookings.
Speaker 5: And I love it because it's literally like bro, I'm getting paid to talk.
Speaker 4: It's like like this is still it's a nuance that I can't even explain, Like I'm the one that had to be told to shut up in the.
Speaker 5: Classroom, like talking too much. Engagements, you know, so they're speaking engagements right now.
Speaker 4: We're trying to do after parties just again, just to be more after our live shows.
Speaker 5: Again.
Speaker 4: You have to realize that the booking of hostings and clubs, that whole scene has changed. They realize that certain people aren't bringing it out. Just because you have a million followers doesn't mean you're even going to bring a crowd so right now, because promoters don't do that as much anymore, it's us trying to.
Speaker 5: Y'all don't understand though our reach is here.
Speaker 4: So as far as club hostings, that's not really a thing, but it's more so, yeah, speaking engagements and and we're doing Mocha Fest in Jamaica, so that's a booking where it's not really talking, but we're going to be doing a live show in Jamaica.
Speaker 2: The agent handles that stuff, you know.
Speaker 5: We got booked on that by ourselves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you another major portion of your money comes from ads, right.
Speaker 4: Yes, And that's probably one of the hardest things for podcasters, and it's probably the one thing that they look to start to get is ads, and that's the toughest thing I think to get as as a podcaster.
Speaker 5: You don't know who to reach out to.
Speaker 4: You know, Okay, we talk about sex, Okay, Blue Choo, Adam and Eve, Like there's certain brands that we know would.
Speaker 5: Align well with us. But who do you get in touch with to say, hey.
Speaker 4: Give me money so that I can say your name. It's like it's hard to come about. So Loudspeaker plays the middle man in that they bring in majority of our ads outside of any ad agency. Is that just reach out to us personally?
Speaker 3: Prior to now Speaker, were you guys when you were doing independently, how did you get those people or.
Speaker 6: Did we did?
Speaker 4: I remember this guy hit us up and was like I got a song, and I think we charged them, like I come on for one fifty. We got other people that would send us stuff and we were doing ads, but we were doing for like fifty dollars, like just so that we can, well, this.
Speaker 5: Will cover our studio time.
Speaker 4: So you know, when we first started, we we literally were getting We thought it was anything that mattered.
Speaker 5: Oh we're making money.
Speaker 4: But then as we got further, and we saw that our audience really bought into the things that we said. Again, our relationship with our audience was most important. So we had sex toy companies that hit us up. We were like, we're not giving an ad until we tried the product. So there's been companies that have set us.
Speaker 7: Try it out.
Speaker 4: So there would be companies that would hit us up, and I was like, girl, my vibrator died the first time, Like, we're not doing that ad on the show. So I know, but seriously, so I think it's important that you're not just accepting any money that comes in because it's being thrown at you.
Speaker 6: At first, just in general, at first, we.
Speaker 4: Were like listen, Like we were talking about how much we liked our vacation in Thailand. We would get d MS because you said you're going to Thailand. I'm going, Now where did you stay? And we noticed just how much like people were following what we were saying. Yeah, we had a strong impact, and I was like, well, if we're going to have our people spend their hard earned dollars not only at our shows but in products that were endorsing, I want it to be worth endorsing. So that became important. I know, like just recently, a tobacco company hit us up. I said, are we not doing that? I don't care how much to pay us. I'm not endorsing tobacco. So it's also just really having that you know that all money isn't worth it.
Speaker 2: That's a fact. Yeah, And we told all that before in another episode, like CPM got engage that can you just talk about that?
Speaker 4: Like so, CPM, if you google it, this is how you can determine how much maybe an AD would be worth on your podcast. So twenty five dollars is the basic CPM rate. You multiply that by every thousand.
Speaker 5: Listens that you get.
Speaker 4: So if you're getting ten thousand listens multiplied by twenty five dollars per thousand, that's two hundred and fifty dollars. And you can get that per ad. And of course it's the number of ads that you approve on your shows up to you. We don't really like to go over four, and that's maybe two mid rolls and two pre rolls. Most end rolls don't really count as anything. No, nobody's buying an end roll. A lot of people don't listen to a full podcast. So those are normally thrown in for free, but you can decide how many you want to take. But again, if you're seeing ten thousand, ten thousand listens and you take on four ads, that's a thousand dollars for that one episode. And if you're someone who maybe records out of your house and doesn't have much overhead, you're seeing that as profit because now you're not putting that into your production. So for us, and sometimes you can give a discount. You can be like, okay, I know the standard is twenty five. I'll give it to you for twenty two. And so you can gauge it off that. Right now, we base it off of about seventy thousand listens, and that fluctuates. You also normally go based off of your numbers for about the six sixth week mark.
Speaker 5: So this is net six weeks.
Speaker 6: Because some people look at it like what's your first week?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, so yes so.
Speaker 4: And also you have to realize when you're getting paid for these sometimes you're not getting paid until net thirty or net sixty. So even though you're getting this money, you're not getting it up front. You're saying the ad and you're not seeing that money till down the line, so being kind of up.
Speaker 5: On when you're owed when to sound invoices.
Speaker 4: This becomes now a part of the business where you need to keep track of what your money is coming in and what's going out now.
Speaker 2: Also it's important for podcasters to understand too, is that they allot of the ad agencies they base your numbers off of previews predata like data. So it's like where we could be in January right now, and then they'll base the numbers off of October. Yeah, and it's like six thousand less listeners than what you currently have right and then by the time you get paid it's not till March. Now you got to hold so it's like you're always chasing back.
Speaker 4: But also knowing that you can include your numbers is not only from your audio, but you could be like, yo, listen, I also get another thirty thousand views on YouTube, so you're allowed to kind of combine those.
Speaker 2: You know, it's funny that you said, and I had to cut you off with a lot of because I was talking once again to one of our good friends in the podcast space, and they were saying that another ad agency that he used to use and that we kind of use. Sometimes they don't. They didn't allow that. A lot of ads don't allow YouTube. Yeah, but it doesn't changing.
Speaker 5: It's changing a little bit now.
Speaker 4: But also, if you guys want to make money for your visuals and your audio, you can just base your audio numbers, which is what we do now because our videos have been pretty inconsistent, so it's not fair to the to the you know advertiser. But there's Google ad sets, so you can still make money off of all of the ads that YouTube is putting into your videos as they still please, We're not able to be as monetized because of our content. So if you have a business, you know, podcast or something more hit friendly, which now they even added.
Speaker 6: If yeah, you have to y plus check out, but you.
Speaker 4: Can log in, get your Google ad Sense and you can monetize and get paid off of what YouTube ads are.
Speaker 2: Another podcast hacked to get paid double is that you can do an ad for audio because most most companies just want to advertise audio. So you can do the ad for audio, but then if somebody else wants to do an ad, you might not have enough ad space. You can do the ad for YouTube, and you can outside of the ads that they already give you, like you can place an AD in the episode just for YouTube.
Speaker 5: So and I wanted to say that too.
Speaker 4: So, because our podcast is not current event based, we do pre record a ton of content, so we'll go into the studio and bust out two or three episodes in one sitting, and so we may get an AD last minute and now I have to record it and we're fitting it into audio. So that's also something for people who pre record their content. Don't feel like you have to miss out on an AD. You can always record it at the audio and fit it inside, make sure you transition it right and say hey, before we get to that segment, this episode was brought to you by and you could always feed it into it organically because a lot of you know, advertisers do want an organic sounding AD. They don't want it just placed in. So you can still find ways to transition it if you're editing in a good, you know, a roundabout way, especially if you have segments the way you guys do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's like I said, that's important. People don't know. So it's like if you have a business that you know you're promoting, you know, Teef straightening. You know, if you're a dentist and somebody else wants to do the exact same thing, you can't have two of the same companies advertised on audio.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: What you could do is say, okay, it's five hundred dollars for audio for your teeth straightening company, so we don't have space, but our YouTube numbers might be half of that, so we can insert a short clip on video just on YouTube. Charge you to fifty because it's less. So now you get in seven fifty and the YouTube listeners aren't hearing audio. Audio listeners aren't watching YouTube for the most part, different audiences.
Speaker 6: Audience and beauty.
Speaker 3: The beauty of the YouTube is that literally you can place it anywhere and as many as you want. Really, it just has to be after I think ten minutes, that's when you can start placing ads, so you could just place them anywhere like, So that's what.
Speaker 4: We right, And then I mean, if you are a podcast that is going to start inserting all of these ads, that's where Patreon becomes a great platform because now you can say this is ad free content. So a lot of people don't, like, they don't want to hear it. They just don't want to hear it. And so now that becomes a selling point to where okay, well you can listen to the episode's ad.
Speaker 2: Free, and our Patreon members listen to our episodes early not only oh yeah, not only ad free, but early as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We ran, we ran into a comment like we have posted that we were about to put out the episode, and somebody was like, yo, I loved it, was our favorite, and we were like, yo, how do you hear it.
Speaker 6: He's like ya, I'm a Patreon I'm like, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, shout out to you.
Speaker 2: Shout outs. No, actually I made it co I'm like, yo, it didn't come out yet, and everybody started laughing in the comments section. He was like yo, he's bugging, and he's like, now I'm on patient. I'm like, I apologize.
Speaker 4: But I mean, outside of making the money, I think one of the other things that is the most important as a content creator is to literally just learn whatever you think you're gonna have to pay somebody to do, teach yourself. So, like I was saying, I got a MacBook as a gift because I said I need a MacBook because I need Premiere Pro to edit, because all the people who edit stuff have.
Speaker 5: MacBooks, so I need a MacBook.
Speaker 4: And so I taught myself how to edit audio on Audacity, Garage Band, and Premiere Pro.
Speaker 5: I created our media kit.
Speaker 4: I taught myself how to cut social media clips, how to create social media content like audiograms and videos and anything that I felt we needed as marketing material. And those are things that sometimes you have to pay if you don't know how to do it. So I literally taught myself on YouTube. I would go in and be like, okay, how do I split this track? And there's YouTube videos for literally everything. So for people who maybe have a job but don't have the money to invest in cameras or equipment or studio time or outsourcing all of these jobs, you can't teach yourself how to do it.
Speaker 5: And it's editing audio is fairly simple. It is. It's fairly simple.
Speaker 2: There you have it, ladies and gentlemen, the blueprint or how to make money on the podcast. A lot of jewelry in that segment. For sure.
Speaker 1: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast? Easy? Just use indeed, stop struggling to get your job? Posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer. Speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen. Just go to indeed dot com slash pod katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need