Speaker 1: From Hollywood.
Speaker 2: See you, thank you for listening to us.
Speaker 1: On air with Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 2: All right, guys, good morning. How are you going to see me?
Speaker 1: Good to see you too.
Speaker 3: How are you I'm doing great? How are you good?
Speaker 2: Thank you? Back room is alive, live and well. Good. Back rooms busy. It's like a newsroom back here. It's like an assignment desk. Go on, here's wait, Sisney, move your head for a second. Oh yes, Collette is there, Ruby is there, Brianna's there, Mikayla's there. They need a show. They need a show, like we need to mark. What we should be doing is whatever they're when we aren't talking to them and we're playing music and talking in this studio, in this room, we should be recording what they're saying, and then we edit it, then we do back. It's the back room break, you know. I love that. Maybe I don't know if it's once a show or once a week we put together what they're now. Don't be on guard about what you're talking about back there. I still want the unvarnished conversation, raw and authentic. Yeah, I still want to hear what you'd be saying. But Mark, I kind of love the idea because the back room's a whole nother orbit. Yeah, and for a while they'd be aware of it, and then they'll forget it's there, and then we'll get the good stuff exactly. That's why I start it now. Then we'll go on holiday break and then they'll come back and they'll forget. Let's just look at the numbers here, So okay, there's one, two, three, four, five, six, seven people in front of a microphone, really with access to a microphone here, all right, one, two, three, four, five six against one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're at a number and.
Speaker 2: It's six against one. There's six women against one.
Speaker 5: God against well sorry, yeah, yeah, sometimes I might say, and you have time with you tubs, I.
Speaker 1: Mean toms, you have tubs and mark but just.
Speaker 2: Think of all of them, wisdom I could clean. Yeah, we use everybody's voices every day. So yeah, I like this idea. Anybody opposed mckenlum, Marianna Colette Ruby.
Speaker 1: The light will still go on, right, No, no, your.
Speaker 2: Your light will not go on. See they know when they know when they're on the air, because I have a on air light that triggers in that room in.
Speaker 1: The back room. Then they go on their best behavior.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't know, Mark. Maybe they're gonna say things we don't want to hear. No, that's true. But we'll figure it out. We'll figure it out. Maybe there'll be a blue light.
Speaker 6: I like this.
Speaker 1: There's a good idea.
Speaker 2: There's something too. They got it. They got busy lives over there. All right, thanks, guys, talk to you later. We are going to listen to everything. I just know we turn off, like right now, if I could just hear what they're saying. Okay, so let's shape up what today is gonna be? The fifth day of December. Clouds, this morning, sunny, later in the seventies, looks like a pretty.
Speaker 1: Good Yeah, hot and funny.
Speaker 2: It's like a surprise. I'm actually it's a gift. Yeah, it's a gift.
Speaker 1: Let's enjoy it.
Speaker 2: Let's enjoy it. I got a second date update this morning. I've got a morning hack. I'll tell you about. It's Christmas Giving after eight. Walt Disney was born one hundred and twenty two years ago today, nineteen oh one, and today's National Blue Jeans Day. Just in case you want to frame it up.
Speaker 4: One of my favorite quotes is from Walt Disney.
Speaker 2: What is that one?
Speaker 4: If you can dream it, you can do it.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 2: One of my favorite quotes also keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars.
Speaker 3: Yeah that was a good one.
Speaker 2: But that was case Case.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's Casey Case.
Speaker 2: It's just one of the quotes, quotes. It's in my head. The guy who started the America Top forty countdown, Casey Casem he would always say keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars, which says it all. Okay, So Justsney brought this up in the meeting, and it's actually an interesting point because I don't think I do this well. I don't do this often. Maybe I do it once a quarter a quarter. Wow, m h bad like that. I week.
Speaker 7: What happens to your male woman or male man when they try to shove more mail into your mailbox?
Speaker 2: They get very frustrated.
Speaker 7: So for me, I actually we do and I say we as a collective way because it's mainly Michael, but Michael does collect the mail out of the mailbox. But we have a mail drawer in our house, so then we get the mail and we just shove it in the mail drawer or just piles up on the counter, but we don't actually go through it.
Speaker 2: But so, okay, here's the thing. I don't get much mail, so I only get most of the mail I get is just a bunch of crud, right, it's just generously.
Speaker 1: Well, I sent you my Christmas card like a week ago.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just saw it yesterday. I got it yesterday.
Speaker 2: So here's what y'all should do. Send me a text that there's mail, because otherwise I don't.
Speaker 1: I verbally told you also a week ago.
Speaker 2: How am I supposed to remember what you guys tell me? Many things you tell me in a day, I remember a weeks. Sort of stuffy'all tell me.
Speaker 1: Anyways.
Speaker 7: So for the majority, like of my bills, they're all paid online. There are a few things like our property taxes, I guess come in the mail still, and others.
Speaker 2: Just look scary. You identify that fast because those look the font looks scary.
Speaker 7: Yeah, exactly, the envelopes, I think, a different size whatever. Fine, But I think once a month, it's kind of my deadline. I think once a month, when the drawer gets kind of hard to shut, then we will go through the mail. And at that point, maybe we missed the mill or maybe whatever. But no, for the majority, we kind of did. We go once a month to check our mail.
Speaker 2: But I think that's what a lot of I mean a lot of people probably.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 1: I asked Mark and he's like, I check it every day.
Speaker 2: I was like, what, Mark, don't you have most of my stuff anything important really is now online? For me? Absolutely, it's ninety five percent garbage. But that's why it takes five seconds to look through it. Good, good, good, No, nothing right.
Speaker 1: I put on the garbage even in the drum.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'm wrong, but I figure that if somebody came to the mail, they're going to notify me via mail as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like I.
Speaker 2: Feel like they're gonna electronically tell me I missed something, So I kind of count on that moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you would think that, but they're waiting to not do that, all right.
Speaker 2: So these are the things we talk about after the show, guys. That's what we talk about when we're off the air, you know, and then we bring it back to the air. Let me tell you about this morning, Hacket's coming up next, What you should put in your Christmas tree water. There are a lot of if you look up, put a penny in your water, you know, put salt in your water.
Speaker 6: Whatever?
Speaker 4: Now starting to get a little.
Speaker 2: You got yours at Halloween.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it happens when you get yours on the fourth of July.
Speaker 2: Right. Somebody in your family always says the trick to keep your Christmas tree alive? What to put in the water? Oh? Are you putting sugar in the water? No, well, you put sugar in the water tree last forever? Are you putting aspirin baby aspen in the water? No, we should put baby aspen in the water tree last forever.
Speaker 1: Okay, wrong, somebody tell me to do warm water first.
Speaker 2: Well they're wrong. You heard vodka wrong?
Speaker 3: No, yes, gosh, yes, wrong.
Speaker 1: What do we do?
Speaker 2: Well, here's the thing, and we do this too. There are people in your life that just answer questions glibly like they know what they're saying.
Speaker 1: I do that sometime when I say people I know, and free time.
Speaker 2: So people say to make your tree live longer in your water, put aspirin, sugar pennies, honey, believe are.
Speaker 1: You telling me that these are all things that we should do?
Speaker 2: No? Oh, okay, put nothing in your water? Oh right, stop with all these rumors, so far, so good. Put nothing in your water. They did a test. They took a bunch of trees and they tested all these different things. None of it made a difference. None of it. Not one of these things made a difference. All those sayings. Make sure your tree gets plenty of water, and you keep it out of direct sunlight. Think of your tree as a thirsty pet. M and make sure it's drinking a lot of water.
Speaker 1: Drink the water. Maybe talk to it. Can you say they've talked to your plants?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I think those.
Speaker 2: And those are it's also good for you, not the plant.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, that is incorrect.
Speaker 2: Actually, okay, it's because incorrect.
Speaker 4: Because you release what do you you breathe in, you breathe out okay, carbon monoxide. Yeah, and that's good.
Speaker 2: For the plant ouside of dioxide mark mark dioxide.
Speaker 7: Breathe out dio wof the top of your head.
Speaker 2: He loves the periodic table, he loves Okay.
Speaker 4: So you breathe out carbon dioxide, and that is good for the plants. So it's true, in fact, if you talk to them.
Speaker 1: So why does that have to be rooted?
Speaker 2: Maybe it it's just breathe there, I could just go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm going to still try it.
Speaker 2: All right, Today's quote Tuesday morning? What would it quote be in a Tuesday Well?
Speaker 1: Here it is something has to do with tacos.
Speaker 2: No, the grass might be greener on the other side of the fence, but when was the last time you watered yours?
Speaker 1: Oh snaped girl.
Speaker 2: So pay attention to your own backyard before you cross over.
Speaker 1: Right, exactly.
Speaker 2: He appreciate nourish it, appreciate it all right.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: So that gives us the energy, the boosting incident to make it through our day.
Speaker 1: That woke me up. Just FM headlines with siciny Well.
Speaker 7: Mayor Karen Bass will be making multiple stops throughout the city this week, from West La to the Valley to downtown today a few to highlight work er administration has done ahead of her one year anniversary as the city's chief executive. La Metro trains will be arriving more frequently to accommody increased demands. Starting December tenth, Metro will be increasing train frequency along the ACE and K lines, reducing time between trains by several minutes. Inglewood's Sofi Stadium has been ranked as number one stadium in the world for concert tours. The Kia Forum, which is right next door, came in as number three, and zach Efron will be honored next week with the star on the.
Speaker 1: Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Speaker 7: The star will be unveiled Monday, December eleventh at eleven thirty eight m on air with a Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 2: I spent some time with Doughty had our jingle ball presented by cap of the one I Loved your friend right. Her top was Christmas tree lights blinking.
Speaker 1: So original, so creative.
Speaker 2: I've never seen on all of them.
Speaker 1: So cool.
Speaker 2: She's really great energy. You know when you meet people and you feel energy like I could tell you. I'm just thinking some of the people that come in here that have not had good energy, right.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, Well they listen, but yeah, that's not.
Speaker 2: No, it's not why why go back? Let's move forward. Then there's people come in here with great energy.
Speaker 3: She just got it.
Speaker 2: She's got it.
Speaker 4: And people that you can feel their energy without even speaking to them, like the guy from the Summer I turned pretty on the red carpet. Oh my gosh, that energy you could feel across the room.
Speaker 2: What did you feel?
Speaker 3: Power? What's his name, Conrad?
Speaker 2: What's his last name?
Speaker 4: No, his his character's name is Conrad. I still don't know it's actual.
Speaker 5: That's actual fame Christopher Yeah for By, Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Got it all up here in my nogget.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you that is some powerful energy he's got.
Speaker 2: So here's what we're gonna do. We're gonna give you some Disneyland tickets here in a minute, we're gonna get into a second date update. If you ever met anybody on Bumble, tune into this one. And we got a Chistmas giving call coming up too, So Tony's got a training report. We got into this a second ago before Dotci started to sing there. But you're saying that one celebrity whom we really admire, love this person. It's not having it, not having the there's no Taylor versus Beyonce.
Speaker 4: There competition, and it's constant. It's constant competition between those two.
Speaker 2: And I ate up by other people, not those two, right, oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, correct.
Speaker 4: But it's like people are always fighting over who's more talented, who's more successful, who's more this, and they're both having an insane moment. You know what I mean, like one person can shine and the other one can shine too, and it's not going to make either one of them dimmer. But Blake Lively wrote this caption from Beyonce's London premiere of her movie, and I just thought it was so perfectly said that I just really wanted to reiterate it because it's just so important for women, especially younger women, to hear.
Speaker 3: She said.
Speaker 4: When I grew up, women were always pitted against one another. It took me into adulthood to see that the instinct for women to lift each other up to their highest potential is the norm, not the exception. It's our job to show younger generations the power in aligning rather than dividing their space for us all. And I think it's very true, you know, like this conversation, this Beyonce versus Taylor, it happens constantly, and it's like they're not in competition. Why can't they both be the best ever? And I just think that as women, we are made to feel like more fearful of our positions, and so we feel threatened and less less willing to maybe help or extend a hand. And I just feel like that that energy, that rhetoric is shifting, and it's shifting because of people like Lively.
Speaker 2: Well they're also but Beyonce and Taylor are really putting an exclamation point on that because they're moving their worlds around to be there for each other in the most global, biggest way, right, Like Taylor and her premiere and Beyonce, Yeah, they've only shown They're only shown support, right, That's what I'm saying that.
Speaker 4: But I'm not saying it's Beyonce and Taylor that are saying this. I'm just saying it's the general public that's like always having these arguments of who's better and who's more talented and blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: But maybe that's fading because you're seeing them take ownership of support in the biggest way.
Speaker 4: And that's maybe why they're doing it to stop all the noise and all the talk.
Speaker 2: Have you heard about a Beyonce Taylor collaboration that would be so cool?
Speaker 3: I have not.
Speaker 2: I haven't either, but I'm just sitting here thinking how powerful would that be, the two of them on a killer record?
Speaker 4: That would be pretty epic.
Speaker 2: It took a long time for you to respond. Do you not love this idea?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: I mean, I really like that sank on you.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm trying to think if I if there's actually rumors about that, but.
Speaker 2: I made that up. But I'm just saying, like, what a what a cool move to have just take whatever the they write the song, somebody else writes the song where the great song is boom boom. The two of them on different.
Speaker 3: Verses, Yeah, to be pretty powerful.
Speaker 2: And sprinkle in some little Dirk. You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Let's go, Yeah, favorite love little Dirk.
Speaker 2: This is a situation where somebody's gone out with somebody of time or two and then they've been blown off and they want to know why. You have to ask yourself if you're blown off in an initial chapter of getting to know somebody in dating, would you really want to know why?
Speaker 5: Or would you just let it ben depend on how harsh it was.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm of the thinking school of let it be. I don't know that I would need the peace of mind. Certainly. I would never call here to get the peace of mind.
Speaker 6: On the air.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, not publicly.
Speaker 2: There's no chance.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 2: Let me see, Jacob is an Eagle Rock. So there's Jacob on a pleasure. He's in Eagle Rock. How's this coffee? What do you drink? What is your drink in the morning.
Speaker 6: Jacob, I just get ice coffee, cold brew black.
Speaker 2: Wow, that is Jeff. Yeah, that gave me fire. So Jacob doing that. He's on bumble. He's having a good old time. And then he connects, swipes, swirls whatever he does. What do you do on bumble?
Speaker 6: You swirl, swiggle a little bit? No, no, I'll swipe.
Speaker 2: Left right, you swipe? All right, So he swipes and he sees what's her name?
Speaker 6: Allison?
Speaker 2: Right, meets Allison? Alison. You and nowson go out. I'm just gonna read what you sent me. You said he had a lot in common, you like the same music, you kissed, you may plan to see each other again, And now she's not responding to your text. Is that all true?
Speaker 6: Yes, Yeah, that's that's it. We've been on bumble like I'm in a band, and she seems really excited about that. And we had a lot of music in common, like we like a lot of the same stuff. So yeah, I asked her out and went to the Goldfish and Park, and I thought we hit it off. You know, we talked and we laughed and we talked about going to shows together, like making plans, you know, And at the end of the night, I walked into her car and kissed her good night. And you know, I knew she was out of town the week after we went, so you know, I didn't We didn't talk much. But then I texted to see her again and no response. So I've no idea what could have happened.
Speaker 2: Can I ask you a couple of questions here? Do you leverage the fact that you're in a band for romance?
Speaker 6: I mean, it doesn't hurt to mention, but you know, god, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, just go with me on this. After the kiss, give me the minutes. How many minutes between after the kiss and when everything ended, and what happened in between there?
Speaker 6: It was about I want to say, minute and a half, two minutes, like kiss happened. We chatted a little bit kind of close face to face and uh, just like you know, confirming I'll text you. Uh, she got in her car and yeah, and left.
Speaker 2: So kiss to departure is like no time at all. Nothing went wrong in between there. I don't think very important to understand, very important. So the kiss bye, okay, Because if you're going to kiss somebody, then things are good the way you're gonna blow them. You're gonna kiss somebody that unless we are you good kiss her.
Speaker 6: Bro I've got no complaints.
Speaker 2: Have you ever gotten compliments?
Speaker 6: Yes? Yes I have?
Speaker 2: And what were the compliments?
Speaker 6: A complements pillowy lips, not not lips?
Speaker 7: Good one.
Speaker 2: That's what that's what you want. Yeah, you want pillowly lips. That's what you want? All right? Listen, Jacob, hold on one second. We're gonna get her number. We're gonna call her. We're gonna ask her why she's blowing you up. I don't get it. I really this one I do not get Let's come back. You are in the middle of a second date update. What more could you ask for? So Jacob meets Alison. They swipe, they bumble, they go out. He's in a band. He leverages that a little bit. She likes that. He thinks they hang out. They kiss. Between kiss and she her leaving, nothing happened, like nothing went wrong right, Like there's no time, no time in between the kiss and when she left the date for anything to go wrong. But yet now she's not responding to his tex So why that's what we're gonna find out. I don't understand it. He says he's a good kisser, because then Sisney Tan, you thought, well, maybe if he's a bad kisser, she doesn't want to respond, which I doubt that's superficial on a high level.
Speaker 3: No, it's not.
Speaker 2: It totally is.
Speaker 4: It's a chemistry thing.
Speaker 2: Bad kissing, Like everything's going on. You're a bad kiss You're gonna blow him off?
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you don't have chemistry.
Speaker 3: If you don't have.
Speaker 4: Chemistry, it's not a thing.
Speaker 2: But it's rude.
Speaker 3: It's not rude.
Speaker 1: If it's a bad kiss, goodbye.
Speaker 2: It's rude not to respond after you're sending all the other signals. Guys, who's been on more dates? Here? Yea Tanya, Tanya, Tony for sure, Tony for sure. Okay, so let's get into it. He says he's a good kisser. He says he got a compliment from a girl once. They told him he has pillowy lips. Mark you like that, I do.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to picture the pillowy lips and whether or not.
Speaker 2: That's the kind of a lip you want.
Speaker 1: Lips you got no non pillowy.
Speaker 2: You have bristly lips. Don't you like those are sharp? His are sharp? Therese are like thin and sharp. Huh, Gabby, I said you.
Speaker 7: Here's the thing. It's like I feel like I have somewhat pillowy lips. So then if I had another guy with pillowy lips, it'd be like double pillows.
Speaker 1: It's like so much pillows.
Speaker 2: How many polls do you sleep with? Two?
Speaker 1: I don't know knowillowy.
Speaker 2: Let's get to Alison here, Alison, thank you for holding on. You are on the air. I need you to know that on the air here at kiss Up in Los Angeles. Good morning. My name is Ryan, I've got Sisney and Tanya. Thank you for thank you for accepting our call.
Speaker 9: Good morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so hi, and forgive our intrusion, but we're going to talk to you about a guy you met him Bubble named Jacob. How how to go with Jacob? What's going on with him?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 9: What did you say?
Speaker 10: Every ward?
Speaker 2: Again? Jacob? Guy? You met him Bumble? I think he's in a band. You guys went out?
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, yes, yes, okay, yeah, I remember him tattoos? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Uh huh okay, So, how how did it go? And our Well, how are you feeling about him.
Speaker 9: Uh, yeah, it was not good.
Speaker 2: Actually the date was not good.
Speaker 7: No, not really.
Speaker 9: So first of all, I so I don't drink. It's just, you know, not my thing, and I tell people that right away, like it just don't I'm not recovering or anything like that. I just don't drink. But I mean, good lord, he drank enough for the both of us.
Speaker 2: So yeah, at that, So do you think he thought you guys were vibing that there was a connect?
Speaker 9: I mean, there's no sell in what he thought, right, Like, I don't know that he was still in the same dimension as us after.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ok, right, so there's not a future there. Have you let him know?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 9: No, I haven't spoken to him since.
Speaker 2: Do you think he should know? Would you like for him to know?
Speaker 9: I mean, I I could go either way. I don't know.
Speaker 1: He knows no.
Speaker 2: Well, as before anything else, Sistney wanted me to ask you, is he a good kisser?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 9: He was?
Speaker 2: Well, how would you describe his lips? M?
Speaker 9: I mean his looks sorted and like soft and nice?
Speaker 1: Were they pillowy?
Speaker 2: We have enough?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Enough, Alison, Jacob is on the phone here, and the good news is he now knows where you stand. I think that's productive. I think in the context of all this, it's positive Jacob that you now know where you stand. How is it, though, Jacob, that you had such a different picture of the day, Alison. He's here and he thought things went well with you?
Speaker 9: Well, I mean, I think he thought that things went well because, like he was, he was pretty incoherent towards the ends.
Speaker 2: He's here, Jacob, Jacob speak, why do you think it went well?
Speaker 6: Wait? I was in coherence? Wait what happens fast? Yeah? Okay, m hm.
Speaker 9: You usly asked me like the same questions, like.
Speaker 2: Oh I am that's not good.
Speaker 9: So that carved your initials into one of the tables.
Speaker 7: Oh waits where you should like everybody was doing it on that table or.
Speaker 9: No, no, not at all, like it was he did. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So look, Jacob, this is good news. You're hearing some honest feedback. Do with it what you want, but it's clearly not going to work out. You guys have totally different views of how that went. So the good news is you won't be waiting for the text back. I think it's time to move on for both of you. Agreed.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean, I remember kissing her though, and that was that was awesome? Like she was good? Like it was it wasn't. I thought it was going really well. I mean, I what what what did you think Alison? Was it was that a good kiss at the very least because it was good for me?
Speaker 9: I mean, listen, like the kiss was great, that was fine, but everything else was pretty much a disaster.
Speaker 2: So let's leave it at that. Jacob, thank you for reaching out, Alison, Thank you for staying on with us. We wish you guys best of luck. Dating is not easy. It's a challenge.
Speaker 4: This has happened to me before.
Speaker 2: This is something you are not alone and we love you both. Thanks for coming out with us, and good luck. Good luck in a rock band, the guy in a rock band? What a rock star move? Carve your initials in a table? Jacob was here, Yeah, what do you think of Miguel's leather pants? I was thinking about those myself. He was at our jingle ball present of a couple one. He was in black leather pants, and I started thinking, Huh, there's a look for Christmas for me? Rock it out, like.
Speaker 4: For the holidays, you warn leather pants.
Speaker 2: I bought a pair of gap leather pants once and I found them to be a little uncomfortable. But Miguel had thinner one. I think I had thick ones. Miguel's thinner ones. And I start thinking, that's a nice winter look. Maybe January. Look.
Speaker 1: You don't know until you try. I love leather pants for me.
Speaker 2: Yes, do it back room guys, leather pants, yeah your.
Speaker 4: Nay, yay y yeah, just parent with like a basic white tea or something clean up top.
Speaker 1: I feel like that'll be and it has to be like the right fit.
Speaker 6: Ye.
Speaker 7: What kind of footwear though, like a swede boot.
Speaker 1: Or like a loafer? A loafer, no socks so controversial.
Speaker 4: You guys are thinking like an ugly loafer.
Speaker 1: There's cute loafers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we are thinking penny penny. No, not like I would do a bo Okay, well we have time. It's a January look.
Speaker 1: Guys, you're a sneaker. I would no, I don't think a sneaker.
Speaker 2: I don't know if what Miguel was wearing. Hey, let's go back and look at what Miguel's footwear was. Anyway, I'm holy sidetrack. We're getting into Christmas giving. This is the time of year. Every time I see Christmas decorations. I take in a deep breath. I think, let's what are we grateful for? Right? And we shouldn't just do it then. But to smell of pine yeah, smells of gratefulness, doesn't it? Take it in a pine cone? It was a pine cone symbolized great, stop what you're doing, because we're about to get into a Kismas giving. Call right now. If you want to nominate somebody for Christmas Giving, it's KISSFM dot com keyword giving. Dear Ryan Sisney and Tanya Ray Shine love the name is an amazing woman. I first met in twenty sixteen when she started living in our backhouse and became a nanny for her twins. She was wonderful with my girls, cared for them as her own. In twenty twenty, Ray became pregnant and it's now a single mother to Josiah. Josiah is such a sweet boy, but has had medical issues since birth, including sclerosis where he had to wear a cast for a year while he was two years old. Ray has gone through a lot can for her son and has done it all with grace and love. I know some help during the holiday season would mean a lot to her, so that is from Laurie. Laurie, thank you so much for reaching out about ray Shine.
Speaker 3: Great name.
Speaker 9: Yeah, her full name is like ray Shaalanda, but she goes by ray but yes, why might.
Speaker 2: Call her that too. We're gonna call ray Shine Rachelanda right now. So she used to work at the Long Beach Acquarium. I understand.
Speaker 10: Uh, yes, when she was before I knew her.
Speaker 2: She did, and she's so it's like an angel for you. It sounds like, all right, let's see if we can turn her in for me. Yeah, so sweet for Josiah Lo Josiah, Hello, Hi, is Raychelanda there? Please? Yes, this is her also known as ray Shine.
Speaker 10: Yes, it is fantastic.
Speaker 2: I've got the right person. It is Ryan Seacrest calling on one of two point seven Kiss FM Los Angeles. You're on the air with me this morning.
Speaker 10: Okay, great, how are you doing today?
Speaker 2: Thank you for asking. I'm doing great. I've got my friends Sissany and Tanya here as well.
Speaker 6: Hi.
Speaker 2: Hi, And I've got your friend Laurie on the phone in Long Beach.
Speaker 6: Hi.
Speaker 3: Yi.
Speaker 10: Hello.
Speaker 2: So let me break it down. This is a Chistmas giving call. Lawyer reached out to us and she told us a little bit about yourself and you're just how you guys know each other. And about little Josiah. How's Josiah doing now?
Speaker 10: Josh I's doing great. He's triving here right now. I just gotta have a physicotherapy appointment.
Speaker 2: He's cranky. So's Tanya, excuse me? Have some fun all right? All right. So here's the reason we're calling. We wanted to make the holidays a little brighter a little more fun for you. So thanks to Laurie, we put together a package and I'm gonna tell you what we're gonna send you immediately, all right, ray Shine, Okay, Yeah, First, we're gonna send you a thousand dollars to spend on great food at Ralph's for the holidays.
Speaker 10: Oh wow, are you serious?
Speaker 2: For sure? Everything that's coming out of my mouth is legit. Next, next, it's it's a list. Here it goes. There's a Burke Williams spot over at the Torrents Town Center on the pch. We've got a two hundred and fifty dollars gift card for you to use there to pamper ray Shine. Oh, I told you all it's legit. This is it's not a scam call. So let's hone in on Josiah. Now he's been through a lot. We got a little bit of his medical history, and we want to make Christmas morning so special. So there's a huge toy company called Jack's Pacific. They make every toy you would recognize. We are getting him a spectacular, huge toy basket from them to put under the tree Christmas morning.
Speaker 10: Wow, because are literally amazing.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Well, Merry Christmas, Racheine, and thank you Laurie for reaching out about Racheine.
Speaker 7: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Now wait, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, So Josiah, Now, Laurie told us that you love to read Josiah inspirational books. Is that right, Raychheine, it is.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: One of the books you mentioned was Brown Boy Joy. Yes, So do you know he met him during COVID? Malik Malik books. You know Malik books? You ever heard of them?
Speaker 10: I don't know too much about him, but yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me tell you he's inspiration for everybody on the planet. But Malik who owns it. He owns the largest African American collection of children's books in the nation, in the country, so he's agreed to give you five hundred dollars of books for Josiah as time goes by. Amazing, So that's done.
Speaker 10: It is literally he just loves but he goes in and out of the books all dangerous, grabbing. He doesn't know how to read. But he We'll give.
Speaker 2: Some now and some for later. We're going to cover you there. And I already like Sesame Street. He's three years old, Sesame Street. Okay. So I'm going to send you guys some tickets to Sea World in San Diego. Reason is you can meet Big Bird and Cookie Monster and Grover is there too, So we got you. That's amazing Christmas giving.
Speaker 7: Believe so much.
Speaker 2: Laurie said, you're the best person in the world, so we want to make sure you feel that way so much.
Speaker 10: She is as well. Thank you. Oh we love your a. I'm shaking right now. Thank you guys so much.
Speaker 2: Now are you starting your own business? Is that what you're doing?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: What's your new business?
Speaker 10: It's like a catering business, but also like event planning.
Speaker 6: So we with a couple events.
Speaker 10: It's called doses of dreams.
Speaker 2: Okay, and what kind of events will you do for people?
Speaker 10: Well? One last year we did. We were able to do a wedding for like a small intimate wedding. We did a couple like luxury picnics at the beach in parks, four anniversaries or birthday party, and then just a couple of catering events that we were able to do as well.
Speaker 2: All right, so I'm going to give you I'm going to be part of the gift here. I'm gonna give you a commercial right now. So here we go. If you're planning an event, check out Doses of Dreams spaced out a long beach. Go to at Doses of Dreams on Instagram and TikTok to check them out. That's at Doses of Dreams on Instagram and TikTok and ask for Rashie. There you go. Thank free commercial and wow, ray it is the spirit of the holidays. We love the just the generosity that you exude. And now I want to do one more thing. Laurie told us that a big stress in your life is childcare and it's expensive to watch Josiah while you're out doing your thing. And you're an entrepreneur. That's a lot, right.
Speaker 10: It is biggest right now, one.
Speaker 2: Little thing, little bow on the present. We're going to give you two thousand dollars to help with your childcare.
Speaker 10: It's so much.
Speaker 4: Merry Christmas, Mary, Chris, Christmas.
Speaker 7: So much.
Speaker 10: Oh my goodness. I was not in any of this.
Speaker 2: That's why it happened, because you weren't expecting it. It happens to people like you.
Speaker 10: Yeah, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: What a pleasure to meet you, Laurie. Thank you for reaching out to us about your great relationship with Ray. Merry Christmas. Guys, have a fantastic holiday season, and we'll get this all to you real fast, all right, and tell Josiah when he's old enough what happened.
Speaker 10: I definitely will. Thank you so much everyone, Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: This is what the holiday spirit is all about.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: Yes, do you guys? Hear the slave buff I hear the sligh bells ring?
Speaker 6: Ray Ray?
Speaker 2: I am Ray Shining Christmas Giving on Kiss FM, LA's number one at music station. Let me go back to uh Ray Shine, who just was the recipient of a Christmas Giving call. Ray Are you there?
Speaker 10: Yes? I'm yes.
Speaker 2: Did it all sink in to? Do you even understand if y'all were to ask you what happened this morning?
Speaker 6: Do you even know I'm selling shock?
Speaker 10: I can't even remember everything that being lifted. I'm just still sitting here in shock.
Speaker 2: Well, we are so happy to meet you. What's on your agenda today?
Speaker 10: Well, I just got my son out of physical therapy, so we're gonna run a few errands and then he has ada therapy a little bit later. But other than that, nothing major.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, we're gonna let you get to it. Thank you for accepting our gift and Merry Christmas.
Speaker 10: Thank you so much. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 2: And good luck with your business. Doses of dreams check them out on Instagram TikTok.
Speaker 8: All right, thanks so much.
Speaker 2: Bye. I get so amped up with the Christmas giving.
Speaker 1: I know it's the best.
Speaker 2: What if you are thinking of somebody right now that you want to receive a Christmas giving call like that easy kiss of them dot com key we're giving you got to remember in a relationship to keep dating if you can. It's really easy to get complacent and not do it. But if you can do it, do it. Might struggle with a good idea. What's a fun thing to do? That is a good idea? Every now and then something knocks me over right on my hip. I'm w I don't wait on much. You know it could be wind. This knocked me down. Yeah, this is a great story. Listen to this if you are planning a date, if you want to date your significant other again, this to me is a great idea. We need more of the details. Let's run it down.
Speaker 7: Okay, So it's an immersive experience, but it's taking dinner and a movie to a whole new level. Fork and Film, Okay, name of it. Fork and Film's tagline is, don't just watch the movie, taste it.
Speaker 2: So are you gonna tell me? Which is what I think you're gonna tell me that when I watch movies and I see them eat something I want in the moment it's on the screen, this place serves that to you while you're watching that on the movie exactly, I'm in life.
Speaker 7: It is a curated menu for that specific movie that they're playing.
Speaker 2: So give me some examples.
Speaker 1: And so they kick this off in.
Speaker 7: The summer with Harry Potter and so these are throwback movies. They're doing them on rooftops, this specific rooftop in downtown LA. And for example, when Hagrid delivered Harry Potter and iconic birthday cake. Then suddenly that slice of that specific cake was served to you at that specific moment. So currently they are showing home alone because it's the holidays right now. So the curated menu right now is pizza while they're eating pizza, shrimp when they eat shrimp, ice cream Sundays when Kevin makes the ice cream Sunday, and so it's just it's it's so perfect when think about it though, Like when you're watching a movie and they're in they're eating, you want to eat everything that's on there.
Speaker 2: Sorry, so real quick, where is it? And how do you do it? Where do they do it? Where is it?
Speaker 7: So this one is in downtown LA. I don't know these specific rooftop that it's at. It just set a rooftop in La. But Fork and Film delivers coursed out series of fun, interacted dishes inspired by the timed action of that whatever's happening with that specific movie.
Speaker 1: The next one's gonna be White Chicks in January.
Speaker 2: Okay, guys, if you're listening at Fork and Fun, Fork and Film, Fork and Film, here's the movie. You need to set it up and you call into this radio show, and you tell us when it's hot, when it's live. Big Night, Google it, look it up. Ask your phone right now if you're driving to what is Big Night the movie? I'm gonna give you a beat this too, cheat Big Night.
Speaker 7: Wow, Oh my gosh, this is such a good movie.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 1: I just recently watched this movie.
Speaker 2: This is the best movie ever. It is.
Speaker 7: I don't even know how I watched it, but I watched it from start to finish, and it is such a beautiful movie.
Speaker 2: I'm going to watch it again knowing you just watched it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love this movie Big Night.
Speaker 2: So Forking Film, come on, let's go. This is so we could do it. We could do a back room studio staff Forking film night at Big Night.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's all based around that restaurant. It's so good.
Speaker 2: Have you guys you've seen Big Nights?
Speaker 8: No, I've never seen it, but I'm I'm watching the previews right now.
Speaker 2: It's our guy Stanley Tucciyes from the show where he goes around Italy.
Speaker 1: Incredible.
Speaker 2: Now, if you really want to do a spinoff, they could do docu series food series where you watch the episode and then they serve you the food.
Speaker 3: Call these people, Well.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm calling them right now. Hello, fucking fun, forking film, forking film. Uh, some days you just this is great, Sysney, thank you, take the rest of the morning off.
Speaker 1: What about Wonka?
Speaker 2: Oh, call Warner Brothers. That would be a great one. They should do that one. The problems if you're listening, you should do it as a promo social event.
Speaker 1: Well, they should.
Speaker 7: Be permanent, Like I know they're doing this on the rooftop right now, but oh my gosh, we should have actual facilities of these of these places, like can.
Speaker 2: You imagine a walka experience? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I always wanted to try those things.
Speaker 2: Oh all right, this was so much fun. This was I want to go out on this note. It was so much fun. Hey Trinity, how are you doing Hi, I'm doing it.
Speaker 8: How about you?
Speaker 2: Super good? So your friend posts bad pictures of you and you're not having it? What's up?
Speaker 8: Yes? Okay, So every single time we hang out, you know, she wants to take pictures of it. Hey, I'm fine with that, but recently we were we were out the brunch who were taking you want to take a picture, But in the middle of the picture I was mid young because I'm tired. We haven't had our coffee yet. And then she posts that photo of us on her Instagram because she looks fantastic, but I don't, and I I'm not comfortable with that, and I asked her, Hey, can you please take that down? You took a million other photos. Why didn't you choose any of the other ones? But she's saying, no, it's her Instagram. I don't look good.
Speaker 2: I forget the wrong or the right. Can we talk about your filter for friends? That's just not a friendly thing to say or do. And I don't know if you're in edit mode, but maybe Trinity, we need to talk about editing because it's too short for people to haggle with you over stuff like that. It's just I don't think it's cool. I don't think it's friendly. And if you can edit, you might want to think about looking deeper into this friendship. Like there's two I don't know who said it, but somebody said there's people who add people subtract. Right? Is this person addition or subtraction? They act your life or take away from your life. There's only two ways.
Speaker 4: You don't have to edit. You could just come up with a compromise, Like I have a thing with my best friend Becca where we well, if we take a bunch of pictures, we each pick like a handful that we like, and then we can post out of that handful.
Speaker 3: That we like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but this is already done. She's already posted it.
Speaker 4: Well, I know, but that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You didn't like it.
Speaker 5: But Trinity's friend's not hearing it. You know, she's not listening and listening her friend already posted. She won't take it down's not being nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, people add I don't know, or people subtract. I think Travis kelcey said something like that in an article I read in the Wall Street Journal, and it is Travis kelce because in the direct TV commercially does right here, yep, he says, he says.
Speaker 4: Travis kelce I know he says it Travis kelce but his dad said it's really Kelse.
Speaker 2: But he's in a commercial that we air where he says it. So let's not say.
Speaker 3: Kelse's okay, fine, we have to get upset about it.
Speaker 8: I mean, I don't know. I probably would want to talk to her again about that and.
Speaker 10: See where it goes.
Speaker 8: This is the first time that I actually interacted with there on it, so I'm not one hundred percent, sir, But you know what, maybe this would be a strike one and.
Speaker 1: I'll, i think, say if she does it again and then be like.
Speaker 2: Come on, look look at the look at the edge sheering album covers plus or mine.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, or just stop taking pictures with her next time she wants to take a pictures, but let me take.
Speaker 7: One of you or use your phone. That's what I will do. Let's do it on my phone. Then I'm in control, all.
Speaker 2: Right, Trinity, Thanks for calling you, take good care, have a great holiday mayor Christmas.
Speaker 1: Having holidays you as well.
Speaker 8: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Bye, okay, bye bye with Ryan Seacrest. Okay, I'm gonna spin the wheel of fun. Kiss FM. Spinning the wheel. So we have a wheel here, have you heard? Like there's a big wheel and on the wheel there are different games and we spin the wheel of fun.
Speaker 4: You're into wheels lately.
Speaker 2: We are excited about it. It's gonna isn't wheely gonna be nicest? We is really is? All right, y'all want to play? Do you know us for Disneyland tickets. So that's the game we'll play. Andrea is in Weedier. How are you, Andrea? I don't know, I don't know, I don't no, No, I'm good. I'm just you know, sometimes you forget you're doing a show and we just sort of become silly, silly and silly and cheesy with a side of sweet. All right, so here we go, Andrea. Now we're gonna play for a four pack to Disneyland tickets. Okay, oh my gosh, okay, are you ready to play the game? You know us? Do you know us?
Speaker 1: Do you know us?
Speaker 2: Okay? Okay, how long have you listened to us in the morning?
Speaker 8: I tried to listen every more.
Speaker 6: I have kids, so listen.
Speaker 2: It's absolutely okay to listen when you're free, when the kids are free, when the kids are with you. Whatever you want, we're here for you. But I'm gonna play this to you. So you have a good shot at this. You gotta get three right before you get three wrong. It's pretty simple. How well do you know?
Speaker 6: It's?
Speaker 2: Okay? So here we go, three right before you get three wrong?
Speaker 7: First one, sicity, all right, has Ryan ever kissed someone under the misslete?
Speaker 2: What do you think? Yes or no?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 2: No, really, I don't. I don't have any missilete. I don't. I've never owned a missiletoe. My mom had mistletoe when I was a kid, but I never brought someone home as a kid to the mistletoe.
Speaker 10: Oh my god, it's like a relative or something of the missletone.
Speaker 2: Like on the cheet. No. No, because it's like it's a romantic under the missletoe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is romantic.
Speaker 2: All right. Now, Next, can Sicity name all of Santa's reindeer?
Speaker 1: I have to say, yes.
Speaker 2: Well, let's see.
Speaker 7: We have Dasher and Prancer and wait, wait, wait, we have Dasher and Prancer and Donner and Vixen, Connor and Cupid and do.
Speaker 1: You recall.
Speaker 2: We have Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and uh, Connor really is not a reindeer? Okay, stop.
Speaker 9: That means I gotta get the next three right, that's correct.
Speaker 7: Has Ryan ever bought a Christmas present for Georgia his dog?
Speaker 6: Probably yes, because.
Speaker 4: That was an easy one.
Speaker 2: Even michaela in the back room bought a Christmas present for Georgia and gives me a jingle baw. It was an ornament of Georgia for the I.
Speaker 8: Buy stuff for my animals all the time.
Speaker 2: Well, you and I are in sync here, so now staying in it, let's go as Ciseny. Has Ciceny Andrea, who grew up in Orange County, ever built a snow person?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes I have.
Speaker 2: Yes, she win for the wind, for the wind, for the wind, for the wind, for the wind, Disneyland tickets to four pack for the wind. Has Tanya ever gotten wasted on eggnog? Yes? Has Tanya ever gotten wasted? Yes?
Speaker 1: I had.
Speaker 6: Win.
Speaker 2: We pulled it together. We pulled it together. All right, Andrew, you're going to Disneylan. We appreciate you listening. Thank you so much. Good luck with the kids.
Speaker 6: I thank you so much.
Speaker 10: Oh my god, I'm so excited.
Speaker 7: Thank you, Dasher and Prancer Connor, is it don or Donna Donner?
Speaker 4: Also, I cannot believe you've never kissed under the mistletoe.
Speaker 2: Uh uh, I don't have any, missletone.
Speaker 1: Well you gotta get them and put it up.
Speaker 2: Well, we have the holidays coming up. Wrap it.
Speaker 1: The holidays are here. Get on board.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe that's my gift this here, let's put it up. Are we doing gifts?
Speaker 1: Gotcha? Is already.
Speaker 2: You got mine, You've already got delivered, Yeah from me.
Speaker 1: We got delivered to my house and I gotta get it to you.
Speaker 2: No, you got my gift already to your house.
Speaker 1: I got no, no, no, no, got your gift.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she couses me.
Speaker 1: That's not the show. That's just English.
Speaker 2: No. I have a gift coming in the mail for you guys, or by delivery, and I thought maybe it arrived already.
Speaker 1: No, No, that's cute.
Speaker 2: You guys two in the backroom. Don't sweat all come in your way.
Speaker 3: Nice now.
Speaker 2: I know it where everyone lives, everyone's address, And.
Speaker 1: What are you gonna do about that?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna send you all the gift, So be on the lookout. Mine is perishable. Be on the lookout too, Mine's perishable. All right, coming back, we've got Taylor Swift. Go play that. You need to talk about the new member of the wedding team, Tony, because you're getting married. I think my feed feeds me marriage wedding stuff.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 4: I love that for me, for you.
Speaker 2: And the latest one I got was the newest member of wedding teams. People are hiring social media concierges for their wedding, so not just catering, not just music or DJ. Now as social media concierge, and this person, this social media concierge is not the photographer, not separate the social media concierge. Their job is to post in real time things are happening at the wedding.
Speaker 1: That is next level, to.
Speaker 2: Create the narrative you've told them to create, correct in real time while it's happening. Tony, you want that I saw this. I have to take it to you as the only member of the team planning a wedding. Is this something that's legit?
Speaker 4: It is legit. So we've only met with two wedding planners so far, but one of them did bring this up to us about because I was like, I give me the basics, like what are some things that we absolutely need, and she brought this up. She didn't call it what the wedding content creator or social media concierge, but she did say that you basically hire out this like staff that is on site to film your vision for social posting, and it's like small bite sized clips, so it's like Instagram TikTok and you basically just like hire them per hour to be there doing that.
Speaker 2: I don't know how I feel about real time and live posting. It seems like you could compile something later. But yeah, while you're dancing.
Speaker 4: It's not necessarily you don't have to do it real time. It's like to capture the I don't know, it's like to edit it to make it that bite size TikTok of type stuff.
Speaker 2: A lot of the brising rooms that are hiring the wedding content creators social media conciers are doing it live. They're posting in real time and so but that seems there.
Speaker 4: That seems so weird to me, that you're spending your time posting stuff at your wedding.
Speaker 2: You're not. They are.
Speaker 1: No, that's why you hire them.
Speaker 4: Oh so they're just doing it without your consent.
Speaker 1: While you hire them.
Speaker 2: You hire them, you give them the narrative, you tell the kind of things you want, and they get it and they post in real time and you trust you get and give them control. Does this make you rethink anything?
Speaker 4: Well, No, I mean I didn't really, I didn't. I just laughed because I thought it was actually kind of a great idea. I was like, WHOA, what a great idea?
Speaker 1: You know, when we got married.
Speaker 7: I guess it's kind of like replaces the hashtag because when we had hashtags ten years ago, everyone used that hashtag and that was the life I've posting.
Speaker 2: Why don't you invite Ronnie to the wedding and Ronnie from the Kiss Social team can just post it.
Speaker 1: He wants to enjoy himself.
Speaker 2: By the way I saw the guy jingle Ball, he's enjoying himself posting. He's telling me what to do. He's like, guys, could you do post for a Christmas photo? And do it again? Do it again? That was in the right light.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he takes a job very seriously. But no, I would not I would not want to hire him to work. I would want him to just enjoy.
Speaker 3: But it is.
Speaker 4: It is a very much a thing. And she did say like she's like, I have tons of people doing it so that you could choose from different people's aesthetic that you like. I was like, wow, on air with Ryan Seacrest, take.
Speaker 2: A wrap up the morning for us here, Why don't two point seven Kiss FM just to understand you guys better real quick? One more thing mm tuna fish or egg salad? Sisny?
Speaker 7: Oh, really just depends on my mood I can go either way.
Speaker 2: Tanya egg Salad, me too.
Speaker 3: Hold the mercury for me.
Speaker 2: Hold the mercury, hold the gas. Also on that slid though. All Right tomorrow we're back with more Disneyland tickets. Another Christmas giving call. Sicany has a plan for you. It's going to take you to eleven. What's a plan. We're going to keep it commercial free, all right.
Speaker 7: That chance to win a twenty five hundred dollars gift card from Leaving Spaces coming up at ten forty.
Speaker 2: Bye backroom, bye studio, Bye everybody.
Speaker 10: Bye.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to On Air with Ryan Seacrest. Make sure to subscribe and we'll talk to you again tomorrow