Speaker 1: What up, y'all?
Speaker 2: We had a blast on the road, but now we have an opportunity you guys have been waiting for. I've been seeing you guys in the comments. You've been asking about the merch. We're gonna drop all the smoke twenty twenty four capsule that in tell Chicago, New York and Philly. We got Tea's sweatshirts, shorts, hats, lighters. But this is only for a limited time, man, This store will only be open for three days. Go to all thesmoke dot store now, get it while you can.
Speaker 1: I need y'all to make noise right now. All the soap podcasts I Stephen.
Speaker 2: Jackson that, and I need try to make stop for Matt Barnes just to be able to make some noise balls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, what's so? What so? What's up?
Speaker 3: Billy?
Speaker 4: What up?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 5: Y'all?
Speaker 1: Gotta be loud in that man? What's happening? And what's happening in Philly? Old the spokes? I know I'm at home. I feel like I'm at home. What's happening Philly? What's up now? Y'all?
Speaker 6: Good?
Speaker 2: We appreciate everybody coming out tonight, man, right now we want to welcome to the stage, our brothers in the space.
Speaker 1: Something we funk with.
Speaker 2: Heavy Philly's very old Gilly and Wallow.
Speaker 1: Wall I see the wallow. I see a couple of jumpers. They look like you had jumpers, Wallow? So who else got something? You right here? Don't you do it? Don't do it? Ohiggas breaking out here. Let's get this started.
Speaker 2: Man, how do y'all I mean, obviously you've told this story, but let's let's tell it in person. How do y'all get as close as you guys are? Obviously you've been through what you've been through. Gilly, you had your route? What did you guys really kind of connect? Connect and really start making plays.
Speaker 7: I was his manager when he was rapped back in the day.
Speaker 8: Okay, so after I started major figures, I managed him.
Speaker 7: I had him doing some free shows and ship like that.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? Oh yeah, yeah? See who looked like the manager?
Speaker 7: I looked like I was more of a manager than he. Ain't had no jurey on you as you can see.
Speaker 2: So he was back when he used to run up on the corner and everybody used to run.
Speaker 8: No, they did not run. They know I never seen nobody run. That's just nobody. Well that was when I was That was his first show he did. That was that dance. Since he did the show, I got two hundred dollars. He didn't know about it. It was a promo run. I didn't want to promo run and he did the show for free. I walked away with two hundred. Yeah, you know, still managing shit these days.
Speaker 1: You still kind of the brains behind the operation though, right, you.
Speaker 7: Know what to think about me?
Speaker 8: And Becuz I'm gonna say this, man Wade, they canna laugh, he can laugh. We know No, we just know our parts. We know how to play our parts. I'll be in the field more. I go and do the research. And when when it's that time, I called Gil, come on, we gotta go. We gotta go do this meeting, and then it come and then then it's time to go to legal, you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: So, I think what's so great about us? We know our roads.
Speaker 8: I think we come from an environment whereas though everybody ego egoed.
Speaker 1: Out, I could do it by myself.
Speaker 7: I don't need nobody.
Speaker 8: And we understand our roads in the organization, and we understand where we're trying to go, and I think that helped us coming from a city like Philadelphia. It's a real hard city because in Philly, a lot of us are subscribed to being thorough.
Speaker 1: Cool and tough for no reason.
Speaker 8: It ain't it ain't paying no bills, it ain't sending no kids to college. Me and Gil cracked that whole shit and laugh at it. So you know when you see us, we just laughing and shit like, this is just a joke. This is a joke, you know what I mean. So we just try to stay focused on that and the main goal and to show young kids, because the young kids they really what it's about because they soaking up the game.
Speaker 7: As adults, they already got to figure out.
Speaker 1: You can't tell them nothing. They stuck in their way sometime.
Speaker 8: So I just we just try to focus on the youngins and just try to show them it's another way. There's another route you could take in it's media route.
Speaker 1: The media route.
Speaker 8: You know, you can basketball players money out this motherfucker, and football players money baseball money. So it's like you could take the media route. You ain't got to know how to play ball, you know what I mean. You ain't got to know how to wrap. You can just take another route. And that's what we're just trying to show them through the platform the summer.
Speaker 1: Everything he set up. That's my assistant. Well you know got you it's working. This is a beautiful assistant.
Speaker 9: Get your ass out there, Nigga, get to find some plays. Bring them back.
Speaker 1: I take that, he said, bring them back. He felt so pleased today.
Speaker 2: Take us back before the business side hit when you guys are running around the streets of Philly, talked us about.
Speaker 1: Them days you're talking about back when damn they gave you to jumpsuit. That's fucked up, Willow.
Speaker 8: That you know what you mean that nigga, that's that was his main fit.
Speaker 1: To every day. That was that Nigga's main fit his whole life.
Speaker 8: You know, that was a fucked up picture because that day he didn't bring he didn't he didn't he didn't get a card, a food card. So he just wanted to come on a visit to talk about nothing. Nigga, Why you gro I smoked the whole ride up there, that shit was like three hours.
Speaker 1: That was like this.
Speaker 9: They didn't have to get out spring my own fucking body down with cologne. And fucking ozim. I forgot to get the card, nigga.
Speaker 8: I'm like I didn't. I didn't want you to come and sit here and talk. Nigg You think I want to come out myself talk. You could be something I could have been making me a spread and the table. Yeah that was a fuck up day. But no, you know, for.
Speaker 1: Those who don't know, how long were you down? For? Twenty years? So from what age to what? Age? Seven?
Speaker 9: Seventeen and thirty seven? Damn, but I ain't gonna lie. He had special privileges like his twelfth year in.
Speaker 1: I'm did serious. They turned his sail into a salon.
Speaker 9: He was the first hairstylist in prison. All the niggas that had braids, he was up there hooking them niggas the fuck up, giving them the iverson joints. And it's a bad motherfucker's called while leader salon.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 9: See these niggas think I'm joking and ship.
Speaker 1: Did anybody here?
Speaker 9: Ricky Minaj, Kevin the Stallion, he on say loul him.
Speaker 1: Take no comline. Usseh was a hustle man.
Speaker 7: I don't know what he's talking. I'm not agreeing with nothing, and I'm not I'm.
Speaker 1: Just saying, I don't know you did what you had to do. I don't know what he talking about. They know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: So, Gilly, your run was music? How'd you fall in love with that? And what was that journey like for you?
Speaker 1: Honestly, I'm fell in love with music because of him.
Speaker 7: I took this. I keep telling you I was this nigga manager. He thought he was too cool.
Speaker 9: You gotta understand I had one rap, right, I wasn't really no rap, but it's just my mouthpiece was way flying and all these niggas right, he wrote me to every neighborhood and said it's back. He listen, my cousin liked that. Listen to how stupid this shit sound. He taking me the niggas that's been rapping their whole life, that's.
Speaker 1: Jumping out and saying. My cousin liked that. He only got one rap, but he liked that niggas like one rap the fuck.
Speaker 8: And then I'll be like rap and here raps, And that means I was his fucking manager.
Speaker 1: Mo the fuck you.
Speaker 8: Why would I be taking a nigga in the corners to say, you're like, hey, here be bus one go ahead, he just starts spitting.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? Yeah, you know what I mean. I wasn't into that shit. He was in there that shit.
Speaker 8: No, it was just that at the time, you know, Philly only had like about a couple of groups. I'm talking about you know Will but that's big. I'm talking about Locally, they had like ram Squad task for one hundred x this back my day. We're watching that. I mean, where Tyreek Wallace at. So he used to sell my first tapes. Listen he was listening.
Speaker 1: Used to come up short though, nigga, but it's all shut up.
Speaker 7: Nigga, I introduced you to that, nigga.
Speaker 1: Shut up. But you used to go in this store and steal What the fun?
Speaker 7: He is still out of there?
Speaker 1: Rik did? He used to steal all the tapes. I didn't think you know, read a little bit. I didn't think you knew.
Speaker 8: So so back then they had the top Fly mom and pop store had all the tape, all the music off of Broad and Theery, and that's where people used to do in stores, like the local rappers.
Speaker 1: And so it was like none of them.
Speaker 8: Dudes would let me be a part of the ramp group and ship I was like, all right, cool, fuck it, I'm gonna go start my own joint.
Speaker 7: That's when I went and got him, found him, signed him up, and we started making figures up. We started right, what was this first deal?
Speaker 1: Huh? What was the split on this first deal?
Speaker 7: He ain't get nothing nothing. It was just about you're gonna cause listen.
Speaker 1: He didn't.
Speaker 7: He didn't believe listen. This nigga did not believe that rap shit work.
Speaker 8: I'm one of them dudes that be like when I lock in this, I'm like, no, cuz this nineteen ninety five, I'm in Philly, I got a ramp Pages magazine.
Speaker 7: I'm like this nigga right here. He that nigga. I'm showing the masterp like that nigga trash. I said, all right, this ninety five, I got the music. Him and Dice Raw they telling me, oh he.
Speaker 9: Man, fuck all it was you listen to so we chump in the fucking car, throw this little cuz this that nigga.
Speaker 1: But still.
Speaker 7: So he can sound like he gotta take a shit back one thing about this shit.
Speaker 1: Take this shit off, man.
Speaker 8: I'm reading the articles, and he talked about how he making he's selling ninety thousand units in a month. I'm like, this money cuz this independent they running through fucking tyree type short. So so he didn't want to listen. I said, just do what I tell you. So I put him in the studio right and I will always make my man Peanut make the beats. Bump was running around somewhere, Bump Jay, he was living down the block. I'm like, you know, I'm letting anybody know I got I got a new artist and my managing slash on my label, and we started.
Speaker 1: What was your labor cart? Where was your labor car?
Speaker 8: You get nothing, records you ain't supposed to get nothing. I'm changing your life, nigga, because you ain't want to rap anyway. So the whole time, this nigga want to r U A day man. It's and that ship man. While we going to I'm like, cuz, let's go to the studio. We going to the studio. I got a studio line up. Hey, you just gotta show up. You five blocks away from the fucking studio, So I gotta go to the crib go get him.
Speaker 7: I'm taking him to the studio. He don't even know that he hot for like I don't know.
Speaker 1: I had the car.
Speaker 8: Getting me take me the nigga you was driving. You was my driver plus my rapper. Fuck I didn't. I wasn't driving at the time. All managers don't have a car. So vexed nigga. We was driving because of NeSSI car, nigga, So what that wasn't are you acting like that was your car? Were in the car from nothing the case, So I had to think about this. So so so we're driving around and then he never really realized that shit. So the whole time I be going hard, I said, come up with the name Major Figures, like, we gotta get the logo done. I'm pushing it. Next thing you know, I get pinched, I get locked up. So I guess that's why I never took them serious. I'm like, you got like a year out here, bro, No, but.
Speaker 1: Listen, you know you're getting booked because I'm gonna tell you what happened. You gotta go back home.
Speaker 8: When I pulled it, listen with girlfriend, Miss listen when I pulled the joint up. But see, see, I'm the bigger guy, I will say, a big man. When I pulled a jawin off and they came.
Speaker 7: And got us. Gil told him where I was at. He hiding under the car.
Speaker 1: That's how they got me.
Speaker 8: I tipped it. I wanted did the bit though I ain't say he you know what I mean. I ain't tell nobody because I didn't want to mess up his rappings, you know what I mean. But whatever the case is, uh, he did. I ain't a one time I called him from prison, right and I was like, what's up Cuz he was like, yo, Cus, this ship moving.
Speaker 7: I'm like, what you mean? He said, this figure shit moving?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 7: They and so I got some pictures.
Speaker 8: I'm like, at that moment in jail, I realized, Damn, we really can make some shit happen if we really stick to it in the hood, like something outside. Because niggas used to think. Niggas always thought I was crazy. Woy I looked crazy, be talking some dumb shit.
Speaker 7: I'm like, no.
Speaker 8: Once I read something the lock and I'm like, yo, we can do it. I'm sitting in the cell, so I'm like, damn, this shit popping. But it's popping on the logo level. A. I'm seeing posters, I'm seeing people with jackets and sweatshirts and logos mf on there. I'm like, damn, that shit pop. And one day I come from the yard, right, I'm walking the yard with Dallas Penitentiary, and they had sta you remember the lady named Sita that the cartoon they used to be on Bett. I come in from the yard sitting down like damn, taking my sneaks off, and she plant that video. Come on, yeah, that's up. I don't know what the fuck it is because I'm in the mountain. I'm just like I'm looking. I'm like, damn, I see that shit.
Speaker 1: I'm like, damn.
Speaker 8: The first thing I'm thinking I could get me a lawyer because I know I wasn't getting my management money because because he was the fuck out there. I'm like, this nigga gets show money. I'm like, I gotta get my I'm trying to get with the old head in law. I beut, know, I need you to put a lawsuit.
Speaker 1: In for me.
Speaker 8: Right, So he like, all right, I got you. I'll tell him what it was. He said, Man, I don't know, I said, he said, with a contract. I said, nanny house. I don't know where it's at. I mean so, but when I seen that shit, that shit hit me in my head, and I was like, oh, we really could go to the next level because just some shit that was thought about in nanny basement in North Philly, in the ghetto, and that shit took it to BT and these dudes going around doing shows. They was like number one on charts. I said, oh, no, fuck that. I just started reading more, reading more. I'm calling home from jail. He telling me about all these niggas becuz they blackballing me this and of thirty.
Speaker 1: I'm telling him, I'm telling him, I'm talking to him like, nigga, who the fuck you think you?
Speaker 7: Is you tripping?
Speaker 1: Nigga? You ain't you?
Speaker 7: Ain't that hot nigga? Use a local rapper?
Speaker 1: Nigga? Fuck is you?
Speaker 8: That's how I'm talking to a nigga on the phone because I don't understand impact because I'm in the cell. So what's so funny is that now we're running the dudes that used to work for MTV, b T, Universal, Rapidas, and they'd be like, yeah, Gil, I remember when we got the call from Universal Records. They said, if MTV play any more of your shit, they're not giving them no new music. I said, damn, nigga, you wasn't lying. Then we run into somebody for I'm telling me, right now, everything is revealing itself and it's revealed era, you know, and it's like niggas really black.
Speaker 1: We bumped in the one nigga said, yeah, Gilly was on the list.
Speaker 9: They told me that straight up? Why because, man? Why because number one, I didn't grow up no rapper. I ain't had cable TV, so I never seen no videos. So you gotta understand. When I'm meeting these niggas, I'm like, man, this nigga calling the man me and why little robbed the shit out this nigga. Man, That's how I'm looking at these I understand that. That's how I was looking at these niggas.
Speaker 1: Real talk.
Speaker 9: You talk about a young kid coming straight up. You gotta understand, bro. I started rapping my third song I ever did in my life. The fourth song I ever did in my life was number one on the Countdown on the radio. I wrote that I had a bit of war between all the labels, and I had like ten raps. Think about that, I had like ten raps, like literally the song that was number one. If you from Philly, you remember you got love for Gilly I got look, let's be for real, bro I went to the studio. I didn't even know how to fucking do a song. I was like, what y'all want me and rap about nigga, like shout out to Marcus Graham. He said, make a song about what you got loved for and what you don't got loved for. I was like, all right, that's easy shit. I went through some beats, picked the beat this like ninety six man and one right in. I got loved for thug niggas and thug missus, marijuana smoke more poppas and din zippers, drug dealers, credit card counterfeitters, niggas locked up in all of my broke niggas. I got love for wild parties and wild bodies. Sweat a spot mine. He killers like John Gottie. Bad women in short dresses, were huge breasts, the bucket yard bench with the triple head.
Speaker 7: Right, man, that's ship.
Speaker 1: That's enough.
Speaker 10: I'm talking that ship nigga. Yes, sir, not asked nigga. Man, I was talking that ship nigga.
Speaker 1: Next year.
Speaker 9: I know they was off in six hundred thousand, seven hundred thousand, eight hundred thousand.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, all right, I had twelve wraps man, so who you decided to go with? Swive House.
Speaker 9: Draper Man one of my one of my friends to this day, one of my best friends of the day, was the first person.
Speaker 1: To give me six figures. I was a young kid, you know.
Speaker 9: He socked into my pocket, took the rollerie off his arm, the presidential off his arm, put it on my arm. You know, took me all over the world, opened my eyes up, took me to every meeting, you understand me. And Rick Rossell signs on the same label at the same time. He was tef line back then. You know what I mean, eight ball, MJG. You know him and Tony draper is good friends, you know what I'm saying. So shout out to Tony draper Man was a mentor of mine and really taught me how to be independent and standing on your own because he was one of the first independent people to do it. And when I got flew to Houston, when he was trying to sign me, and I got to his house and he was like twenty five years old, and that nigga gates opened up to his house and I seen a motherfucking eight cars and a fucking viper with zip up windows. I was like, Oh, it's the fuck on man, this shit real man, nigga's out here get money like this, and that shit opened my eyes up. You know what I'm saying, So shut out to Tony Draper.
Speaker 11: Let's talk about the podcast space for a second, y'all. Y'all, y'all been in the podcast space for a minute. You've seen podcasts rise and fall. And I know y'all don't consider a lot of people's competition because we talk about it, but a lot of people do. Y'all can continue to maintain who y'all are, but continue to stay at the stop, stay at the top of the podcast.
Speaker 1: Wrong. I mean, we just do what we do, right. I mean, we don't worry about what nobody else is doing. We got our own obligations.
Speaker 9: We partners with DraftKings man, right, We partners with with so many people, Jack Pocket, you know what I'm saying, so many different companies. So it's like, bro, if you competing with us, and then nigga, you competing with yourself because you go ahead, nigga, you could dress better than me.
Speaker 1: You got that. Nigga, your car could be better than mine, you got that. Nigga.
Speaker 9: My kids is happy, nigga. My wife is happy, nigga, my mother happy. I just took my whole fucking family to out the country man on a vacation. Man it shit colls two hundred thousand. Man, I'm not in competition with you, my nigga. I'm living my best fucking life because we only die once. So if you weren't being competition with me, nigga, go ahead, nigga. I don't even recognize you. I don't see it.
Speaker 2: I feel like for all the smoke, the podcast was just the beginning, and I know it's exactly the same way for you guys.
Speaker 1: I mean, while you got a book.
Speaker 2: You just told me about the lick you hit in the medical marijuana space, talked to us about the business that birth from million dollars worth a game.
Speaker 9: You know, I think the New York Time bestseller man, Man, congratulations, Yeah, it's this hour coming out soon.
Speaker 1: That's New York Time bestseller. It's out. Oh, it's out. You know. I gotta get on game. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Just did a tensity book tour.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, bro, talk to us about that journey. I mean to reflect on your drive and you still have so much more to go. But what did it mean to be able to put that on the pages and share with the rest of the world.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 8: You know it's always good that we show our similarities in our journey. That's why I never taken nothing off my page being I need you to see me and Nanny House. I need you to see me running down the street. I need you to see me in the minivan. I need you to because our culture now we look at celebrity and we only look at the endgame. We look at their glory. We don't look at their story. I need you to see me fucked up, trying to figure it out. The journey and Nanny House when I put that thousand dollars on the bed. If you go back right and the journey is important because I need you to see that This book is filled with l's, all these losses, lost, lost law and at the end chapter two, at the end, you start seeing me win. But it's like I need you to understand that I'm not better than you and you not better than me, and our journeys is the same. It's about who won't give up and who not At the end of the day, people be this close to their dream, and it's like, you only need one motherfucker to say yes and everything that you work hard for and all the l's you took, and.
Speaker 7: That's what I'm showing you in this book, a bunch of l's. Then yes, yes, it's start coming.
Speaker 8: But it was time when I came home and I was like, you know, I come home and I'm like, I'm you know, every day Gil getting a call from somebody, Yo, what's up with your cousin? Is that nigga crazy is here on medication? Because I'm running down the street screaming the shit six o'clock in the morning. Anythink I'm crazy? I think that's quite normal. But whatever the case is, that ain't normal.
Speaker 1: But I like it. Yeah, all right, so so.
Speaker 8: Motherfuckers is like but but you know what, I always look at it like, damn, I'm out of jail. I'm happy at shit. This is a beautiful place outside of the poverty. So what I did was to give you good energy. I made the ghettos of Philadelphia my backdrop. You might see me doing a video in the lot. You might see me doing a video some mattresses. You might see me doing a video in a banded building. Because I was trying to bring, you know, positivity to a place where it's struggle at motherfuckers is trying to figure out life. So to show you, listen, I'm trying to figure it out too, but I'm gonna push you. And you know, it was just a connection, and I connected with the people that needed it the most. It wasn't for everybody. I'm cool, it's eight billion people on the planet. A couple hundred thousand fuck with it. Cool, that's all you need. So I was just pushing you knowing that and the people. One thing about human beings, if you consistent on something, especially when it's positivity and trying to encourage him, it's gonna be one day that you're gonna crack through that you might help a motherfucker. And I was just chasing one day for me the people I could get, and that's how that took off. And that's what I'm sharing in the book.
Speaker 1: I mean, I just think your your energy is different. It's inspirational, it's refreshing.
Speaker 2: We live in a world of negativity, you know, insecurities, poverty, tough times. People's energy is nasty towards one another, and that's unfortunately the society we live in. But again, I feel like you're a breath refresher and you've been able to. Obviously you have a different outlook. You sat down for a long time. I couldn't even from seventeen to thirty seven.
Speaker 1: I was crack. I couldn't imagine being gone that long.
Speaker 2: So obviously your outlook is different at it. But explain how you've kind of turned that outlook and that mentality into your buislding yourself Obviously together, you guys are doing some shit, but you're building yourself an empire.
Speaker 1: You got several different.
Speaker 8: I believe in partnership, I don't. I'm a firm believer in partnership and dealing with the machines. And one thing about me and him, we got this this when it comes to business, when it comes to just fuck business, just life. I think we got the life part together first, and the understanding and the communication. If I'm doing something off, it's not Gil gonna call me yo, cuz come in, let me holler at you. Listen, man, we can't And I'm gonna say cuz I mean so. And that's the greatest thing because it's never gonna be no Eve, we never walked away from a situation where we had to disagree on it, and it was resentment on ego. Most people walk away their egos be they're pride and they be like fuck you now, and they mind, they'd be like, fuck you.
Speaker 7: I don't really fucking a resentment bill.
Speaker 8: So it's a bunch of clashing without our whole thing is like, listen, we getting shitload of money for nothing for being us.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna wake up tomorrow. Oh you understand this.
Speaker 8: Man, We're talking about fifty two fifty two hours a year, million dollars worth a game. It's only fifty two fucking hours. That's fifty two episodes. This is it's a lot of paper involved for that. You see what I'm saying, Like, and it's like we you got people reaching out the partner with us because we're just doing what we're gonna do anyway. Like you understand this, whether you saw it or not. I was going to his crib, sleeping on his couch just because it was a nice couch. I was doing that anyway. Just sometimes he can't.
Speaker 12: Taking my wife mad as ship that night, sit on my couches, you know, fresh out of jail downstairs, I don't even know fucking on the couch because it's a comfortable couch.
Speaker 1: So don't nobody sit on that fucking couch right there? Bro, I don't know that. I don't know that. We'll get the fuck up to come down here and then I gotta fucking go through it. Why you got a couch in your house?
Speaker 7: I don't understand.
Speaker 1: Why wouldn't nobody sit on the fucking couch been in your house? That's stupid.
Speaker 9: They're not olding multiple motherfucker's in that joint.
Speaker 1: Certain ship is just for decoration.
Speaker 9: I'm like, I'm like, damn, it's a important motherfucker's come over. If you know, everybody ain't know what the fuck I'm talking about. He didn't matter because him and his homie they just put one fu two beds together and ween.
Speaker 8: So what happened is who told you that? But listen, at the end of the day. At the end of the day, my thing is like, the couch needed to be broken in any fucking way.
Speaker 1: It was comfortable.
Speaker 8: I didn't understand why I was so comfortable. He wanted what you like, I'm like, you mean, it's a couch. I opposed laying on. This is what niggas doing the hood. They make couches. A couch is a bed in the ghetto? Is he talking about?
Speaker 1: So? I'm like, we wasn't in the ghetto, nigga. We was in the city.
Speaker 2: I want to ghetto either. But I'll be sleeping all night. My girl be sending me downstairs all the time. I'd be sleeping on that motherfucker all the time.
Speaker 1: Everything. Yeah, what you do for her to send you down there? Like God, even moke too much?
Speaker 9: See that thirty kick and you say ship, you ain't spoosh to my woman, send me down talks all time, talk back, crazy, shut out to two though I was on the couch couple some way.
Speaker 1: Any birthday, baby, Happy birthday, birthday. Make some noise, y'all. Yeah, all the smokes. We got more shots for you in the back.
Speaker 8: It just it just started turning. And as me and Gil, you should just do our things. So many calls the phone, like this one thing. I know you don't never have to see you popping. When you popping, the biggest people in the world gonna get your numbers some type of way. We get a call one time because first before we get the car, I told you I'm looking up early in the morning, I'm reading some shit. I'm always reading some shit online Apple News and I'm just reading articles about so I run across an article Spotify alo k four and a million of podcasts in the first quarter of twenty nineteen. I called that nigga like four in the morning, kept calling, kept calling because here you be sleeping. I kept I'm like, yo, get up here, Like Yo, what the fuck you want?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 7: I said, listen, please just read this article, because just read this shit.
Speaker 10: Read it.
Speaker 8: I sent it to him me ready he could this. Nigga called me back. I know he knew what the fuck was going on there. He said, Yo, we gotta crack the MIC's out. I said, all right, I'm gonna call you later. I'm gonna get the I'm a call attorney. I'ma have a draw up the paperwork. I'm gonna get with my man, Nick Rich, have him do the logo.
Speaker 7: I'm behind this.
Speaker 8: You later on, nigga, I see you later on. At night, I had anything sign that boom boom boom, and we said it off. See one thing about us, we listen to each other though. That's the biggest thing. He always respect the fact that because I was in jail. You was out here doing deal after deal after deal after deal. So when we riding up to Barstool to do the deal, he say, Cuz, how we gonna play this shit? I said, We're gonna go in there and be the niggas that they expect us to be. They ain't signing us to come in there and be no motherfucking black white man. They signing us to be the niggas that they see the fuck on YouTube, the Instagram, Twitter.
Speaker 9: So when we go in there, we're gonna be the niggas that they expect us to be. We walk right in there, there's five white people sitting at a table. Wild O say, hold up, we just got out to bed at six in the morning and drove up here, and you ain't got no goddamn cop classics.
Speaker 1: Them white people say cop classics.
Speaker 9: He said, yeah, fucking coffee and donuts. Man, y'all gotta do better than this ship.
Speaker 1: But see, you froze up on me when we went in to fucking Amazon.
Speaker 10: So whoom.
Speaker 8: So after the deal was up with Barstow, this nigga froze up on me. So so we go up and fucking Amazon froze up. Listen, watch what happened. So were going there with the president of the Amazon, right, So we going there. Shout out to Tim Tim Henshaw. Y'all know Tim from Compton. He big up in Amazon. He really be like he he he take you to it. So we go in there and meet him. Shout out to Seawan g So we go up in there, walking there. So it's uh Tim boom and Tom boom and something. He the president of Amazon. Right, So we're going there to do the deal. And this is a vicious bit more Spotify barstow in Amazon.
Speaker 7: So we going there.
Speaker 1: The whole program is we going in there to do us So I go in there. So we in there.
Speaker 7: I threw my feet up on the table in Amazon.
Speaker 1: Go you walked in there.
Speaker 9: Tell me, goddamn this Amazon, y'all ain't gonna fucking a right.
Speaker 1: Heads out of a ship and.
Speaker 9: It started coming out of sweatshirt. So I looked though over at the presidents here, that nigga crazy.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 8: So here we get to talking, right, so he talking about yeah, you know, I said, damn, but you had your feet up on the table. For I have my feet up on the fucking table and Amazon in La. So he like this, but he looking at me like, nigga, get your feet off the white folks say him. I'm like, stop, bitch your nigga. We got this, so we will take.
Speaker 1: Shit that fall.
Speaker 8: No, So listen, we up in there and write your fucking feet off the tabe were up in there this month. He all scared. The man say yeah, man, you guys man, I just love you. Guys are just crazy, y'all really fucking crazy. So I'm like, damn man, how old is you man? He said he's fifty seven. I said, damn man, shit tight, you dick on the shelf. Man, you ain't get no ass out of here right. This motherfucker said that's a that could be a show.
Speaker 1: This is great. I said, tick off this shll. I said, look, nigga, I told you. I'm telling you. I'm like, we got him. We left out that motherfucker.
Speaker 8: Man about forty two hours later, that motherfucker shit nigga.
Speaker 1: The forty two hours later, you've seen the email. Fella fuck out. Damn oh god, cuz did you see the offer? Because we did it.
Speaker 8: I was sweat, I got scared. Oh shit, I'm like I was scared right, this nigga always count.
Speaker 1: On, hold on long.
Speaker 11: Speaking speaking of that, everybody thought that video y'all made was fake. Nobuddy, know the fucking wasn't. I know because I talked that times.
Speaker 9: I grind me motherfucking the last twenty years. It's when my son passed away, and when we signed that fucking contract.
Speaker 1: We're picking a song. Fuck what people think? Who picked a song? I don't know.
Speaker 9: Shit, there's some niggas in here right now. I'll give him twenty five hundred. Yeah, I ain't no hours gonna pay my fucking rent.
Speaker 1: God is good. Yeah, So you took that Amazon deal back, encountered bar stool the no, no, listen, this is what we do. I'm like, cuz we gotta flick it up. So we left.
Speaker 8: As we leave in Amazon, we got on to the front with all the all the white folks, and you know what I mean. We took the big pitch in front of the sign, threw it right up. The war is on bang right. So next we leave, like about ten minutes away, we go to Spotify. So we in there in Spotify, they taking us. Y'all can shoot here, y'all can do whatever you want. We're gonna but I'm like, y'all keep trying. I'm in there arguing with him because I'm like, hold up, we'll be talking about though we only doing licensing, you know, we like to own. Oh man, I'm like, oh, so they walking us around, They're like, we're gonna do this. We're gonna have you billboard time beating. I said, fuck them billboards.
Speaker 7: Man, I said, we not.
Speaker 8: You're not takingcause you're trying to take us off YouTube. Because with Spotify do they close you in? They take you off everywhere, so your audio wall listen, and now you can't be on Apple.
Speaker 1: You they closed you in because the whole thing is.
Speaker 8: We're gonna super We're gonna supermarket you to our audience, but your number's gonna be crazy. You might be king on Amazon, but nigga, you're taking us off the streets. You Tube is the greatest place in the world because everybody don't have access to pay for the fucking subscription. So we going there, We leave there, take the picture of Spotify, bang, throw it up. Then by Time is going back and forth in the email all these different offers. Spotify came in. We said, we laughing at this shit. Like we selling shit. But the Amazon kept coming. They kept going up, going up, thirty five, forty three, but it just kept going up. Right, we went in the bar stool five minutes right, Eric and Nardini in there. She's like, guys, what are we doing? I said, listen, they said this, They said this. She said, I'm.
Speaker 1: Saying this because he said, listen, fuck all that, cause we've done.
Speaker 9: Ask who I told him from the gate. Were going back to the bar stool, because no, not Amazon. He said that, we're going back to the bar stool. Man, he want to tell you anything about that first deal When they said that first off of through the Nigga called me and said, I pick up what's up?
Speaker 13: Cause yeah, cause I see the emails first cause I just was thinking, man, oh, he talking about the first first deal, the first first deal. I was just thinking, man, man, we should just go ahead and take that money. Man, see you have some money. Man, I ain't never had no money.
Speaker 1: What I said, nigga, what.
Speaker 9: Hold on?
Speaker 1: No? He did never take the first offer. I know it's a nice offer. Ship look good, he said, no.
Speaker 8: He said, ignore the email, don't respond. I'm like, cuz it's in my hand. I got to I gotta see something.
Speaker 1: She was saying.
Speaker 9: Up.
Speaker 1: He want to be like, let's do it right now.
Speaker 9: No, So I said, no, come come down, come come back down and talk face to face with us, Cuz we went three times, Dad, when the restaurant put my motherfucker feet up here. He wanted, yeah, so listen right, we was thinking, right, how about y'all do three times that this has in advance.
Speaker 1: We won seventy thirty for this, sixty forty for that. What you think about that? Let's do it? Damn, man, we should ask me listen, listen. Shit, he get mad at me, He get mad at me, He get mad at me again.
Speaker 8: This is the first deal because he said, why you nigga, didn't you tell me what the fuck to say when we went in there?
Speaker 1: You want me to step the fuck up. And then when I he gonna say, man, why you ain't next? God damn, they said something.
Speaker 9: It was when the motherfucker tell you, yes, that fast? It was too quick, Yes, let's get it done. We started thinking this we getting ribbed maroun This mother shit was too fast. I ain't even think about that ship. But he shout out to him, man, shout out to Dave Portnoy and Erica Ardini some great partners.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Regulations man, that shi it is I remember they definitely give them a round applause for that. I mean, we had you and I have some heavy conversations. Man, you and you made me look at things a little different and push the line.
Speaker 1: And you know, we did what we did.
Speaker 2: But I think it's important to share that because there's no market in here, so we don't know what each other is getting.
Speaker 1: We don't know what to push for.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and the and they'll play you because we we live in We the new media, Like we took media over. And it's not that it's not that it's not the standardship the more like everybody that got a phone can build a media company. But I just think people don't understand like you need a team. I think everybody want to do about the selfish ship and it's like, no, once you get an infrastructure, these people only respect infrastructures and businesses that's moving.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I was doing a lot of shit by myself. Gil was doing a lot of ship by myself.
Speaker 8: But once we form million dollars worth of game and created a platform, now draft kings like yo oh, we gotta what same like yo oh yo, I just got skims for us today. We got skims. Now, I was gonna meet with them skims. You know they got box some breaches.
Speaker 1: Yeah, congratulations. I just didn't hear what she said. Skims.
Speaker 7: There's a lot of money. But cav I closed the deal.
Speaker 1: I was on that phone.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, shout out the skims. So we're gonna see y'all in So we gotta see y'all in your underwear. You ain't gonna see me in no underwear.
Speaker 1: I'm just I don't know what. Like a runaway. He'll be money for God. We're just doing adds. Okay, congratulations. He might be joint, doing backshots and some tight joint. You do him? No man, little friggy old Ed. You know he' got that D D L. Right, you do know.
Speaker 9: Nigga Wotan put some some toppings on his pizza. Nigga wow Man said he going out with a bang.
Speaker 1: Yep, he said. All the women cheating. He said all the women cheating because when I die man twelve, I said, damn wow.
Speaker 2: Speaking of that hot topic of Late Diddy, he was at them parties at the party.
Speaker 1: I was in jail. I was in jail. I had nothing to do with that ship that nigga was at the part. I got this, I got pictures. That wasn't. I was in jail. Yeah, that was that he did? You see you? Man? I was in jail.
Speaker 4: That is that.
Speaker 1: Seventeen? Look Addy, you see low in the back. Look what year was that's you? Diddy and R Kelly.
Speaker 7: You know that's him.
Speaker 1: That's not I, that's him.
Speaker 7: I was in jail.
Speaker 1: What they do to you?
Speaker 7: I was in jail.
Speaker 1: I wasn't. I was in jail. That wasn't me. What they do to you?
Speaker 9: You see he got baby or you want to see that said shine and shiny as ship.
Speaker 1: They put that there. That wasn't me. Who put that there? Somebody made that's a photoshop. That could been me. It couldn't have been you. That ain't me.
Speaker 2: Where you are sipping something, mapp I think that the time stop says ninety three?
Speaker 1: What year you going? I went in ninety six? That wasn't so you went in and that wasn't me. Man, he was all in there. I wasn't there. That's where you learn how to dance? Was there? That's when you learn how to dance. No, Gil was there. I know he was there. It wasn't me. Gil was there. You had the experience at the Didty parties.
Speaker 9: Nah, I've never been to a Diddy party. I don't really go to the parties that. I was always the outcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you never went to no part all right? Cool? No I did. Oh, I ain't got a lie party man. Picture me being in one of the parts. I thought did He told you don't stop. I'm just here you go. I was in jail.
Speaker 2: What do y'all think about Fifty trolling him all the time and and building a little show on that's coming out of Netflix.
Speaker 8: Fiddy is really a comedian man, real. I'm talking about us being when even ship fucking with Fifty all the time. He's he would call you and just be on some ship. I'm talking about. He's just a comedian man. He just loved joking. He think this ship is hilarious.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 9: Oh, we would always tell him, I say, fifty cent a good nigga man. Boo Boo ain't ship man, Nigga Boo Boo ain't ship.
Speaker 1: He loved it. He knows the truth. That's my nigga.
Speaker 9: You're a treacherous nigga, though, don't worry about it. Jack the Mule kicked fucking Jack fucked him up.
Speaker 11: Nah, when y'all see the topic that I got to ask him, y'all gonna take.
Speaker 1: A side to Chauncey Gillops. Oh yeah, what when did you have a basketball?
Speaker 9: Come?
Speaker 11: You're not Chauncey Gillips, I mean names, I'm not Chauncey Gillups, absolutely not, But go ahead answer the question.
Speaker 9: Chauncey Gillups acknowledged me as Chauncey Gillups. You better, That's right. A lot of that ship is nasty where you tell the white boy you better step up, nigga. Yeah, that's all I'm saying.
Speaker 7: I ain't got my game because you ain't on me. I got you see me in the Big Three MVP three.
Speaker 1: Years in a row, forty eight years old.
Speaker 9: Come on, man, I see why I don't want to ask the question. This is terrible and I don't play niggas over thirty five. Let's disrespect of my game, y'all.
Speaker 1: Was I y'all was basketball icons growing up on the court. Black. Yeah, we was in balls. I played ship.
Speaker 9: He was in the park with some old nigga name Earl. See, I'm three years older than him. He come out there.
Speaker 1: I'm not going out there with that freaky ass old head. I saw.
Speaker 11: I saw his niggas acting over the last drive. Bruce Lee Roy like you real with him? Like hit me up there to day, Bruce Leroy my nigga. He's my I'm Bruce le Roy Jr. It's my nigga.
Speaker 9: So you got the glow to when you need it. No, listen, listen, Steve. The nigga came on from jail right. The nigga came on from jail right. I thought he was playing.
Speaker 1: He said, Cuz you know what one of my dreams always been.
Speaker 9: I'm like what he said. I want to meet Bruce Lee Roy Jr. So I'm like what you heard me, the nigga that played in one movie back in the day. He's like, Yim, what the fuck would you want to meet him for? Nigga got one movie under his belt?
Speaker 1: Man, I don't know. I just want to meet him. Man. I always wanted to meet him while I was in jail. Now.
Speaker 9: I thought there was some wild, kinky spicy burrito ship. But I'm like, all right, one day the nigga came to me and said, cuz he gonna be up here in New York.
Speaker 1: Go up there with me. You're thinking the nigga gonna be in Manhattan. He said, We found him. Bro.
Speaker 9: We drove up New York, had to get on two fucking fairies to get off on a fucking park to walk to a long dance park. This man was chilling with his family. This nigga walked up on him and said, could I be Bruce Lee Roy Jr. Oh Man, And this nigga looked back. Willow said, you're already Bruce Lee Roy Junior.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was the day I got the glow man I was on. After that he handed it to you. Couldn't fun. All I can think is both these niggas fucking losers. This man don't know.
Speaker 9: Imagine a nigga walking up on you, a tall young boy, and say, could I be Stephen Jackson Jr.
Speaker 1: I just said it that way. I already got one. Oh you look back at him, You're already Stephen Jackson. You didn't look at me like that. The nigga mama was dead. She was like she thought I was crazy.
Speaker 9: She thought the nigga was like did this nigga just walk up and say that he a grown ass man?
Speaker 1: Oh man, it was crazy, bald ass head hit nigga.
Speaker 8: Crazy man, This nigga standing right there in front of Bruce Lee roy face telling us y'all sip ass niggas.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yo, man, fuck is you doing?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: This Bruce man?
Speaker 8: He was direspecting, he said, he said, wildlow, stay away from him. I said, you know what, since you're right my fucking sense?
Speaker 1: Wait, hold on, wait, hold on. Didn't that nigga just text you two days ago?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 7: So he texted me a couple of days and he told me he's looking for you.
Speaker 1: That's what he told me. We run the car.
Speaker 11: Bruce text me two days ago. Did you ask him about sure Enough? Sure Enough was a bitch man?
Speaker 10: He ain't.
Speaker 1: He kicked. He kicked sure Enough in the water. That's what he got. Sure Enough. He's you have to can't get the glow, You have to kick anybody to get the glow.
Speaker 7: No, you know it was crazy. I'm gonna say this glow. Hold up, I got.
Speaker 1: Thirteen here any elu, people's head with.
Speaker 9: I got thirteen black. That was before I knew Marshall watched to ship out. You he rolled up on that car like he worked at Jiffy Lukee.
Speaker 1: So this is what happened.
Speaker 8: He's he's mad because he never seen me in action. It was a couple of times when ship took took place that I ran because this listen ready, No, it was unnecessary and sometimes you know, he said, I ran on him a couple of times. It's cool because I didn't think that the fights was necessary because it didn't really evolve me.
Speaker 7: He was talking ship to somebody.
Speaker 1: That's his fault.
Speaker 7: So his whole thing. He don't he know, he don't believe that.
Speaker 1: I know, Mar just some guardian angels on the fucking train. Some nigga you remember them. Niggas used to ride the trains back in the day with the fucking that ass head little he's a bitch man. He always been to bitch his whole life. You got your ass beat that day, some old head trying to slap me in the line. Try man, give it up, O fucking guys. Brothers, right man, the brothers. We appreciate y'all. Man, y'all just did a show together right as an air Jez.
Speaker 8: Absolutely check it out, man, Oh come on, man, let's get this picture standing in the front.
Speaker 7: We gotta show people this ship.
Speaker 11: Yeah, man, give y'all gotta favoite Rode apart man brother Fred Taylor.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: We got one last segment that we're gonna do some fan questions. Then we're gonna get on out of here. So yeah, we're gonna get the books away, Mike. Okay, that's for fan questions. Obviously, Hot top ship Man, Gilly you.
Speaker 1: And the music.
Speaker 2: While you being a manager, this Kendrick and Drake beef, where were we all with that?
Speaker 9: Kendrick one, Kendrick one. I didn't like the first two Kendricks this, but this, the last one was incredible. That ship was crazy. Fuck Drake up with that joke?
Speaker 2: As a manager? What was your thought of the beef? As someone on the business side of the beef? It was great, you know what it was great for out of the whole thing. It was great to show young people that ramps about, we canna go ahead against your.
Speaker 8: Competit got nobody got gotta die. Nobody got a die, but get a shipload of money and nobody gotta die. So that's what I really liked about it.
Speaker 1: You know, we appreciate that. Are we gonna take some fans questions? Now?
Speaker 2: Anybody want to come up here and answer questions?
Speaker 1: You come on, man, step up. Night's right in front of you. What you got?
Speaker 7: My name free truth Ray from me.
Speaker 8: I'm from Night Sound No Philly, Okay, Philadelphia has the only cannabis education.
Speaker 7: Radio show, FM Radio ninety eight point five film.
Speaker 8: My question is when mister Gilly gonna coming and you know, bring that per thirty to the only radio.
Speaker 1: Show in your city. There you go, you just don't Thursday seven and nine, there you go by you fuck your eyes looking like mine? You said, while your eyes looking like mine?
Speaker 9: Him?
Speaker 1: Is it so? I'm saying? Ray?
Speaker 3: When when you smoke, you guys, when you start talking, you gotta put the.
Speaker 1: Open jaws on. We're with them with the station at Brother ninety eight point five film. Uptown uh Philly Radio, the only remaining black Rade. We uptown. That ain't uptown.
Speaker 7: This called uptown Radio.
Speaker 1: Oh it's in North Philly. It's in North Philly.
Speaker 7: You had to before I make the Uptown, before you went to the Apollo.
Speaker 1: The real up team.
Speaker 9: Okay, Yes, I still I'm fired. I don't know what the talking about Brow and Susquehanna. I'll get your number before I get out of here. I'll pull up on him.
Speaker 1: There you go, step on up. Hey, Hell, that's your first label? Head?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, that was my first label while he was signed to that.
Speaker 1: That's from the record store, he said, wild lead those way. You know how many artists you had one?
Speaker 7: You said the ree I seen it.
Speaker 1: I got that coming. You got a question? You don't know about that? Gil Nig Yeah, this regularly for four months and then he was gone.
Speaker 4: Uh speaking of which, but Stack I was in and Splint wichmand I just one for everybody since retiring from the NBA and even Gilly with music and going into a different lane. What's the impact that you see outside of the NBA now on people because you led one of the biggest marches, I would say in the world and I was there side by side, which is born in you know what I mean? And what's the impact that you see now that you get back to the game after the NBA.
Speaker 11: Well, I just think everybody understands that their voice is just as big as mine. You might have a platform I have, You might have a platform bigger than anybody else, but your voice still matter, And I think everybody know that it's not one person that could get it done.
Speaker 1: It's not two people.
Speaker 11: But if some kind of way we all can come together and get on the same page, that's the only way we get shited done. So if we can sinue to have the attitude, we'll be all right. But everybody voice matter. I appreciate you, bro.
Speaker 2: I think, like Waller said earlier, like we've changed what media is. You guys get your news from different so horses now from different sources than our parents got it from. So you know, we take a lot of pride in having these platforms and be trusted voices, voices you guys come to for information, So we don't take that ship for granted.
Speaker 1: So yeah, we definitely appreciate that. Oh damn, he won money and a book. Huh, hell of a day, bro, what's your question? All right?
Speaker 2: So I'm cairis right, and like this is my first podcast, live podcast, So like it's a pretty good you enjoy yourself today, made a little money, got a bug, got to see these guys, And.
Speaker 1: Really the reason why I'm here really because of this program here. So what's called it's called Unique Dreams. Unique Dreams shut out. You need unique dreams. Yeah, and my question is who's the youngest. Who's the baby here? Who's the youngest? I think I might be the youngest. I was forty four. How do you forty five? He fifty three? Fuck out forty eight? Okay, yeah, so we all. Yeah, I'm young, boys, you niggas will give me some back woods my fucking lemonade. Yeah, keep the change. Appreciate it man, Thank you.
Speaker 2: Next up, I think there's a line behind you, boss, but guas go ahead real quick.
Speaker 1: Come on. My name Danzel. I'm from the d m V area and everything like that.
Speaker 5: So you guys all the Smoke podcast inspired me to be in the cultivation area in the cannabis industry and everything like that, watching out our Inheritance podcast. So I got a question for you guys with some advice you could give to me for being in the starting in the cannabis industry and what can like you know, what things and skills I might need to learn and everything like that.
Speaker 1: Keep it down back there, want you to give from you guys. But they made me throw it out. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Oh, we appreciate the thought, Gilly, I mean this is something you've jumped into the the medical space. You're in dispensaries now. But what kind of advice would you give for somebody young in the space?
Speaker 1: Well, what what what part of the space you're getting in? You a grower?
Speaker 2: What like?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? What you do?
Speaker 5: So right now I just started growing. I got about five plants in my facinity right now. So I'm just learning, trying to learn like my state regulations and the business side and the financial side and everything like that.
Speaker 1: I mean, the most important part of everything is the product. You know what I mean?
Speaker 9: Most people smoke dicky because most people don't know what good weed is. Feel what I'm saying. Most people go to their man, who got it in?
Speaker 4: Your man?
Speaker 1: Don't know weed? Got that shit from man, He got that shit from six other niggas. They got that shit from a Mexican man.
Speaker 9: You're smoking Mexican brown man, Charles Barkley man fucking dirt, no winskill.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's another form of it, Retgie Miller.
Speaker 9: So the product has always got to be we hear, because they got a dope product.
Speaker 1: We have a dope product. That's first and foremost.
Speaker 9: You feel what I'm saying, if you growing doe at your facility, you wasted fucking time.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 9: Nobody want that shit now, So you got to figure out if it's some good shit first, and then you could take the next steps from there. I was able to see most people that say they got a string, they really don't got a string. They got a bag that they put their fucking face on and they threw somebody else's third ass.
Speaker 1: Weed in there.
Speaker 9: They don't know what the fuck is it. That way, my shit is through the government, so I can't do that. I had to take two strands and put them together and make a baby. That's why you got Gilly Wonka per thirty and mule Kick. You ever seen a motherfucker get kicked in the face by a horse? That's how you're in the bill. This nigga talk about wi his hands. Obviously he don't got a medical car. He smokes thirty dollars a duke, No problem. Never, I still love it you smoke, duke. Appreciate the question, bro. Next up, my name's Court and.
Speaker 1: Us Stephen Jackson, Gilly and Walla. I want to appreciate y'all for showing.
Speaker 14: Love to like drum boot tennis and Ishmael Muhammad and like the Philly culture train, I was training like my little brother.
Speaker 1: Like it's just like my little brother. I know you've been to Like that's a good job, Gilly.
Speaker 14: I know you also played basketball against my brother Speedy Artist he and the Globetrotters.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah, My question is yeah sometimes, but yeah, I've be seeing the videos.
Speaker 14: But I'm just trying to see, like, can I get y'all to come to my summer league in the summer.
Speaker 1: I know we're talking about like quarters and stuff like that.
Speaker 14: And when you want people to give you money or to come out, you got to ask them a well ahead of time.
Speaker 1: So in the summer, I got the line of Young Summer League that I run with my brothers, and I was wondering if y'all could come out line of Young Summer League on street.
Speaker 14: No, it's eleven eleven hundred shelling in and we've been running and operating for five years now. Never had no issues, no drama, nothing out there, And I was just wondering to see if y'all can come out basketball players.
Speaker 9: Champions, How you want me to come out and you want me to just come out there, come out?
Speaker 1: You want me to come out.
Speaker 14: We also got a celebrity game and like we're doing about the eleven weekend too.
Speaker 1: You can play in that joint of you want to cook the real niggas not your man. Take one m v P last year in this in this jone. So he.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he was, hoo, I got you, I got you, I'm gonna get you, right. I appreciate that, but yeah, I just want you to like show love back to us, because what you.
Speaker 3: Say, the name of that was the Handicamp League of young It ain't nothing handy Kevin about up. He was, Yeah, I appreciate you all. Continue to show love and we can continue.
Speaker 1: To take champ. You know that's my god. I stopped up your brother. Ye shout out the line of young man. We got an Eagles fan. What what's going to happen with the Eagles this year? Y'all? Well, I'm saying, asked, what's gonna hap?
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm in California. Hey, my team is two and three.
Speaker 2: I'm a forty nine fan, but I'm still a firm believe we're gonna be all right. You're from town, yeah Sack and the Yeah, you go, ask you a question and.
Speaker 1: Matt Barnes who was your favorite teammate?
Speaker 11: And Gil who was number two in the figures and don't lie in neither besides he was, he was, I was number one, Nigga.
Speaker 1: I ain't heard not one bar from you, no, but I was dear before. It's no, no, no, no no. Who was number two in the figures? As far as bars? You know you Spade though, Spade though, Yeah, favorite teammate? Uh damn. I played with a lot of people that I was. I know I still fuck with heavy. But if I had to pick one person, who's my favorite teammate? My motherfucking brought outside of us, outside of each other.
Speaker 2: Okay, I have to go with Al Harrington. Al Harrison is my dog. Al Harrington. I would say my favorite teammate was who I used to really get in some trouble. I used to have Me and Kobe used to get into some ship rested piece years.
Speaker 1: I said, yeah, I was saying that. I would say, Cove, Yeah, Now, what was you thinking when you I was trying to fuck him up. I wanted to fight him. He was just doing some dirty shit.
Speaker 2: He elbowed me like three times that game hit me and my stern and I'm knocked the wind out of me.
Speaker 1: I kind of respected. It was respect, but it was also almost to fight. You got it. I appreciate your broth. Thank you, lo bro. You want you want some money too? Huh? You walking there?
Speaker 2: But I can tell the way you stepped to the microphone that boy pot get heavy.
Speaker 1: Money. Rock. I played basketball. I'm saying, cook, no side, no sign.
Speaker 2: How you said you're sixteen. Yeah, he's battling kids too. He wants to play my twins, my twins only fifteen.
Speaker 11: I got a question like for basketball, what I'm saying, oh, like the obstacles, like because you know it's gonna be ups and downs and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: So like, how is it like when you were growing up playing basketball? Like your journey? You know, I was playing for Sunny Hill. What happened was I fucked my acl up right.
Speaker 7: Now right so you got understand this?
Speaker 1: And he said it fucked his acnle.
Speaker 8: Tom I was playing for. I was playing for Sunny Hill. I had Seaton Hall Temple, Penn State in uh North Carolina.
Speaker 1: Trying to get right.
Speaker 7: Yeah you heard about me right, see what I ain't gonna tell you?
Speaker 2: So I would say obviously these days, I got kids out your age, and I think there's a lot of distractions out there. So I would say the most important thing is, you know, stay true to yourself, stay true to your school worker.
Speaker 1: But then you got to work.
Speaker 2: Everybody in the world wants to be on that level, and it's been less than as long as the NBA has been around, there's been less than five thousand people in that game. So you got to be the best of the best. So you gotta work hard. You gotta work hard, you gotta stay focused. I say the most important thing is the mental self because once you get there, everybody is skilled, and how do you stay focused and able to continue to grow your game and continue to hold that spot, because as soon as you get there, everyone's coming for you. Everyone's coming for you on and off the court.
Speaker 11: And I'm say I want to touch on that, and then too, you gotta believe in yourself. Like you, I'm somebody who made a lot of mistakes, right, I made a lot of mistakes, But you got to believe in yourself and control your own narrative. Right, You're gonna make mistakes and a lot of things not gonna be easy, but don't learn from people ahead of you. Don't put yourself in the position where you've seen other people mess up. Learn from other people mistakes. Right, There's no reason for you to make mistakes of trying to be an athlete when there's so many other athletes that messed up their careers. Right, So look at the people that did it wrong and try not to make the same mistakes they made.
Speaker 1: That's the easy way to look at it. I love that, Thank you, appreciate it. So what do you guys start the seventy six ers year? What's gonna happen with the seventy six? They pick you? George? Can I ashow you some questions? Can I ask your too some questions? Real quick? What's up? YouTube? Real quick? Yeah? Okay?
Speaker 9: Jordan Lebron Jordan, I'm gonna say Jordan's Sean camp Ai, Steph Curry, Steph Curry.
Speaker 11: I love Ai more as a brother, but basketball wise, Steph has four fucking championships.
Speaker 1: Like get out your feelings. Hey, hold up, hey, step is not gonna hear you say. I mean, hey, I'm not gonna hear you say his name.
Speaker 11: Be like, thank you, bro, appreciate No, that'd be real step got four fucking championships, Like, get out your feelings, bro.
Speaker 1: Just it is what it is. He's what it is.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 1: I love Chuck, but I'm going with I'm gonna win. I love Chuck too. That I got Jerry.
Speaker 9: You're going with Steph, with Steph, Shaye Gillis, Alexander, Anthony Edwards.
Speaker 11: I'm going Anthony Edwards because I was a two way player. I play on both fens of the court, So I'm going after the News.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna say Shae just because he big and but I love both of them. Mike Tyson, Muhammad Ali, Mike Tyson. I'm going high Lee off the Top, the y off top me versus Matt Kids one on one. I'm going with the Twins and I'm putting it on the house. So get you a gilly bet. He gonna he's gonna play my Twins. So you guys are gonna see that coming coming to you. They're only fifteen, by the way, but they got something for you.
Speaker 7: We're gonna we're gonna cook Top five.
Speaker 1: Ever, all he's.
Speaker 9: Saying is he need a babysitter for the day. Need you come babysitting and cook the kids for me. Oh, I'm gonna come on live and under five one and under five one? Where are you playing directly?
Speaker 1: What the fuck with that?
Speaker 10: The midget League?
Speaker 1: I never knew the midget League exists? So so seventy six? Is this supposed to be all year? Y'all got Paul, y'all got Maxine? You got no no, come on, come on, come on, come on, come on, you bick on.
Speaker 9: Retchie Jackson, Reggie Jackson, Caleb Martin, Yes, come on, keep coming.
Speaker 1: No talk to me. This is a rookie.
Speaker 9: The rookie who from Duke, who just played in the preseason had four McCain McCain, McCain. Okay, okay, uh, y'all, Beselli from overseas. We got a squad better than Boston. Yeah, we better than Boston. Okay, yeah, Ricky Ricky counsel, he is tough.
Speaker 1: He just got better.
Speaker 15: Eagles got a chance, y'all. You know we got a chance, No chance, I got a question. Y'all better than the Knicks, Yeah, yeah, y'all better than the next.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we better than the Knicks. Yeah, we better than the Knicks. You okay, let's just keep it real. The Knicks just fucked up. They got Cat Cat Cat Man and B Bully that nigga mate, and B Bully that nigga man.
Speaker 1: They two hands, didn't they? What? They three hands? Didn't they say that? Again? I said they two hands, didn't they? Yeah? I mean whooped you be bullied him chunked out by Ben Simming. That's even worse. Yeah, I forgot about that man. Thank you again one more time. Appreciate you guys for coming out tonight.
Speaker 11: Mm hmmm
Speaker 2: H