Speaker 1: Flamela.
Speaker 2: If you watch the Coffee Time the baby you know the name Flame my bro also known as my ro Flame.
Speaker 3: Come in with last and come in with them love Lund's baby. You better catch it when you can drop a knowledge from fatherhood to politics, shouting now comics, just paying homage. What's up? Tests?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You know she raised shout towns on speaking to the grown a second year. We're gonna laugh and cut him and kick it and at the end we leave it with just a list to spirits. But do you want to revisit? So your first second listen, you'll folks say your slip, oh folks that we digging?
Speaker 1: Goodkin, No fish, do what you do? Hay, no this, do what you do? Cain, no kiss do what I do? And no kiss you goodee?
Speaker 4: Hey, hey, hey, this is comedian Play Monroe, and welcome to this week's episode of Laugh and Learn. Is this night twenty one? She's drinking twenty four? Y'all know, four is my good luck number. Even though we got forty seven. I don't know how to look at that. We're gonna be at four to seven. We might have to remove that because I'm hoo ooh ats.
Speaker 3: Tuts I want to know what you've done for the past week. You've been You've been a busy girl.
Speaker 4: I have been working. Thank you, Tiffany hash we were we did the Nashville City Winery and then we went to New York and did the New York City Winery, and I just wanted to tell both those establishments, all the staff and everybody, thank you. Everybody was so wonderful to me. I blew them out the water, of course, and to get to all my new listeners from Nashville and from New York because I talked about the podcast. That's why clipped. That's that's the white Lady. I was talking all about.
Speaker 3: Aha, we look, we look like we have a uniform. I hope you said nice things.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I tore you apart. Good god, I destroyed you.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness. No, of course I see a beautiful things. Why we don't do that? I told them what we were, even though it did work. Shit, we're Americans, but we're Americans that voted. Some of you Americans did't vote the same as other Americans. I don't care what you look like. But I'll just say for the record, before we even get into the hands, let me tell you something. He's given away all these jobs? Did him give no blacks, no black jobs? Oh? That was kissing his butt, Tim Scott, Byron Donaldson. I ain't say y'all get nothing. Now he did appoint something like that, uh, Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Speaker 3: Oh, I haven't seen. I haven't seen that I'm looking for. I had a great graphic, you know, like granimals for me. You know, I just they had all the different positions as he was filling them in, and for some reason, it's it's off of my computer. He's given it. He's given them a lot. I think that, uh, I think that he is. Some of this stuff is your expression, the overplay for the underplay. I don't think that all of these positions are true. So Matt Gates, even the Republicans are saying, what the fuck?
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: I don't think he'll ever he'll ever get past the nomination process. Now he these are supposed to go to Senate. All of these nominations are supposed to go to Senate for Auticle two, Section two or whatever of the Constitution. They go through and then they get approved. But I did hear today. I think it was CNN that said that if they don't get approved when the session is out, he could put them in is like temporary or transitional or I can't think of the expression they used. I don't know if they would be able to stay as permanent people. But you know, he fires them after six months anyway, like you know historically anyway. So it's not like any of them are going to be in there back too long. But Gates, can you imagine Gates. They just finished yesterday the investigation for sexual misconduct giving people favors, like there were a bunch of things. They just finished it last night. And the son of a gun resigns today, which ends the investigation. But the drum roll, please the There is somebody that's on the nomination committee. I don't know if it's a senator or whatnot. They're they're calling. They want to see the investigator was completed. They just haven't released it. If this guy is going to be our attorney general, the very top of our legal system and overall of our our different departments, they want to see what the findings were.
Speaker 4: Well, he'll need a job. Trump will just pardoning like he's going to do so many others. Good God, Jesus Uh, they need to put a capital. They need to put a limit on pardonings too. It needs to be maybe like six.
Speaker 3: Something. But I thought, I thought to myself, these people have a lot of faith.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: President Trump has shown us in his last just throughout you know, I'm not even going to say his last, his last administration. He has shown us as a person over the years, again and again and again. He's sort of what what we were we were a small children. We'd call a fairweather friend. You know, Matt, I hope that you are pretty confident that you're going to get this gig because you resigned your other gig. You know, you might have made it through the investigation if you really were innocent, and now you're gonna you're gonna be jow blessed if he doesn't if he doesn't put you.
Speaker 4: In mhmm, job bless and on the soup look put him on the soup land. Just don't put him in it look allegedly, just don't put him in a daycare sentence or no closer though, who how old was that young that person he has Leslie has said fifteen or sixteen.
Speaker 3: She was a teenager. She was yeah, she was under it like, I don't know if she was six fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, she was underage. That was so long. That was so long ago politically, you know, he feels like it's a lifetime ago, even though it was like around the corner. So he certainly has legal issues. Hey, his boss has legal issues. I have a feeling they're going to be put on pause, you know, because we shouldn't be sentencing.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: It's going to be a sitting president. So they're supposed to come out. The judge is supposed to come out for the the New York case, the hush money case. I think the nineteenth, So Tuesday, he's going to give not a ruling on the sentencing. I think he's going to make it. Well maybe if he says, yes, we're going to sentence anyway, he's going to make he's going to make a ruling, a decision on what he's going to do. I don't know if he actually decides to sentence him. My guess is that it would wait until four years from now. If he was going to put any type of sanctions, I think it'll be a fine, you know, And that's all I really want. I just wanted them not to be able to run. That's all I cared about.
Speaker 4: I think they're gonna throw it. I think they're gonna throw that shit out. Let me tell you something I have. We have watched white power, white privilege, and black privilege as his finist right now, I'm telling you right now. We talked about this last week. To me, pretty much the same kind of charges. Both billionaires, one on his way to the one one in a big house, one on his way to the White House. What's the difference in the two me? Oh, one is black and one is white. Girl, Please, I think there's another.
Speaker 3: I think there's another. And there's all sorts of privilege there. It's not even black and white. It's socioeconomic, it's educational. You know, he's got like a gazillion He was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, and that kind of kept trickling the other thing that he has. And you and I have talked about this over the past two years that we've been doing this together. I don't know what he has on people. I don't know why people he said the worst things over the past two weeks of the election. You know that before and people thought for sure he would never get he would never get elected because the horrible things he said about hispanics, about Blacks, about women, about about LGBT, horrible things, and the son of a gun still got in. So he's got something.
Speaker 4: It was as if he knew.
Speaker 3: Something. You know that said. I will say the difference between the two parties is the Democratic Party is taking it. They conceded power President Biden, unlike President Trump, who didn't bother to have Biden for the transitional meeting, had a transitional meeting, gave him a big handshake, congratulated him. Let it be known for public that he will do anything in his staff will do anything to make this the most seamless because it's such a tumultuous time, the seamless transition of power at that time, I think that Trump took a big JD vancepill and he was, from what we could see on the outside, at least he was respectful.
Speaker 4: I'm still behooved that how the government works and how this played out. But I spoke to a girlfriend about it. I'm not going to say her name, but she's a Franchis show laugh and learned, so thank you for some She has a huge podcast. She's way bigger than now and she's really big as she told me she voted for Trump, black woman, and I was like, really why. I wanted to know why. She said she voted for Trump because she wanted the country to be saved from China and Russia. I said, as opposed to being handed over.
Speaker 3: The the the rest of the world.
Speaker 4: It's Bobby, I'm telling you the logic that, And I was like, what it just it cant of flow me. I'm like, oh my god, you do understand that he is doing business with these people if he's not in debted to them. I don't know. Everybody sees things in a different way though, Bobby, they do.
Speaker 3: The country is so what's the new the new catchphrase? Fuck around and find out?
Speaker 4: Come put some pull some Irish against again.
Speaker 3: Fuck around and find out. And that's what's gonna happen. I mean, Europe is shaken in their boots because if he was in and does what he does last time and gets rid of NATO, NATO is gone. So the Europeans are going to have to align with China. Zelinski is going to have to take a shit deal, you know, a shit and stick deal from putin the world. The world is will stop as we know it. And I promised myself before we got on, the two of us got on, that I was not going to be like ere in the world's coming to an end because we don't know yet. We're only going by what he said. So the other thing we're going to be so that we'll talk about. And I still want to get back because the cabinet stuff is like the lead for everything. Remember he made four like solid promises when he went into twenty sixteen, he had two years of the House and the Senate, just like he's going to get Now, how many of those things flamed did he actually complete?
Speaker 4: I'll bite zero?
Speaker 3: So would the same happen now? There were guardrails last time. He's really only going to be powerful the first two years before he becomes a lame duck. That happens in anybody's last term. The first two years he'll push things through. My guess is and this is what we're begging you all. Please now go online. It doesn't take a whole lot. Look at the positions that are going to be open for the midterms. You literally could just put that in. It will tell you the state senators in the state house seats, look at the people that are follow those seats to see who's gonna run. Look at them, look at somebody that aligns with what you want, and make sure you pick the correct people, because what can happen is in the midterms, it could flip the other way in the House and the Senate because the margins are very small. They won the House, they reached to eighteen officially today, but there's still I think four seats left in California. It's very fluid, so I don't know if I have it right, the Maine, Iowa, Idaho, whatever, we still have there's a number of seats. Does the margins are going to be tiny. They were only winning it by like one or two seats, you know it. They're not big numbers, so we could flup it the opposite way, so he might not do horrible things.
Speaker 4: I hope people if this selection is indicative of anything that's gonna happen after any election after this, because I don't know how it came about. It came to be, but I was not expecting the results to come back that fast, with which I'll votes in so many places. Yeah, it looked. It looked very sinister to me, and I wasn't there. I'm not a whole worker. I don't know, but we were not expecting to get results until Thursday or Friday, and for those two results to come back in so early, and they said, and Elon must say that he knew four hours early, and because he created some machine. I'm like, whatever, Yeah, it is some it is some bullshit in the game, but this is what we are.
Speaker 3: She is, she's recounting. I think, I think things are being reced but doesn't make a difference. It's not go make a difference.
Speaker 4: The problem is, as you see and as you see it that they have already conceded, which I wish they would have waited a little bit.
Speaker 3: But well, people were up in arms, say they were upset. They wanted her to conceive that night, but they were still counting votes. We still there were many states that still weren't in. He unfortunately was shocking. He won all the battle the battleground states, and he won. He's trying to say it's a landslide. He absolutely swept everything. I'm not taking that away with him. He had the message that people wanted to hear. People really only come this. It's showing from everything that we're hearing right now with this election, people really only cared about what their what their dollar was. I never realized flame. And I was never any big political guru my whole life. But I followed. I paid attention. I kind of looked at people's platforms. I listened to them. I always listened to the debates, even the local ones. You know, when we have senators and stuff that are up they have they have them locally on on you know, your news channels. And I just followed that much. And that's probably as far as I got. But I don't I never realized that people they really don't listen, they don't follow that. It's really what's in their pocket, what's good for them at the end of the day. They don't bother to listen to. He's told us what he's going to do. I don't know if he'll be able to get it all across the line. He'll be able to pull it across, but he will be able to do a little bit of damage. He'll he'll get some stuff. He'll get two three four pieces of legislation across those first first two years. Because it'll go back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. That's what Biden got done the first two years. He got those four phenomenal chips, you know, rescue at like all, he got a whole bunch of stuff done.
Speaker 4: But we'll say, you hit a dog rally and I'm somebody's here. Oh holding, We're going to step away for a second. I gotta go to the ladies room or one of them, the ladies, I don't know one of them. I'll be right back and we're back. Sorry, y'all. I feel like I'm feel like as swifty I had the sugar doll.
Speaker 3: Did you see that Gnome? That puppy killing Gnome. She's got a position now, I just don't. I mean some of the people, I'm a little disappointed. I was hoping like the Marjorie Taylor Greens, like the crazy crazy ones, weren't going to She's going to do homeler land security. I guess she's a gun totin. You better not put the Charlie and Chloone rror.
Speaker 4: Oh, Marjorie Taylor Green.
Speaker 3: No, no, this is Christy Nome. I was saying that type, like that crazy Marjorie Tayler Green's crazy. Christy Nome's kind of crazy. Who's that other one? Lake Lakeland Lake Lake, Christy Lake or whatever. She's another. She didn't get anything, but she's not like they They lie like something happened and they're lying about it to your face and you saw it too, so it wasn't it like I was so being we weren't going to get that. But she got a position to Chelsea Gabbard got a position. She's kind of anti anti uh. She's the c I a I believe, like Ukraine. Hillary Clinton called her like a. I I'm trying to think of what when you the U pond for Putin, I was a little surprised that was back. That was a number of years ago.
Speaker 4: So so, Bobby, these kebint pigs are crazy. I'm telling you. We got a mad man, a criminal mad man, picking more criminal mad men and women to build his cabbin. Not all of them. I can't say which ones I think is respectable though, Bobby, who you think?
Speaker 3: I don't so they have is I never get his name right. He's going to be the borders are is a home alog. I don't like him as a person, but I know that he worked under under Obama when they were when they were calling Obama the deporter in chief because he had deported three million people, more than anybody else had, and what they were looking for and what he was looking for this gentleman, were the criminals that had come in. So I think that's actually where if he works the same way as he worked under Obama, even though his rhetoric is awful. See, here's the problem. Flame to me, I don't know when because he was on sixty minutes. He had a sixty minute interval. Well, he said he's doing a whole family, right, But what is actually how they feel versus what they're saying so they get attention from Trump. I can't tell because the worst thing they say, the more they get pagged on the head like a dog. Oh you did a good job, Yes, he was asked. He was asked about you know what about so you're willing to break up families, and he very quickly said, no, the whole family can be deported. Then you know that guy, whoever it is, that person who stayed illegally and never bothered to get whatever they want supposed to get, you know, do their stuff. They're leaving, so whether they take the family with them or not. Now President Obama, President Obama, President Biden excuse me had put into place, but he was stopped. He was he was stopped last week by a judge. He was putting in for the family members, the spouses would whatever the way it went, so they will be able to stay and have an easier past to citizenship. And judge came and said no, that they couldn't do that. So and that's why people, that's why everybody wants Joe Biden to do so much by executive order. The courts stop them. There's only so much.
Speaker 4: You can do.
Speaker 3: And then then what happens is you look effectual.
Speaker 4: And no excuses on this one, no way, because you guys knew and I'm talking to their Latinos, the blacks, anybody who knew that anything in President twenty twenty five or some of his resu rule was going to affect your women included y'all vote. Yeah, but y'all, I voted for him because according to a statistics they say fifty two percent of the country vote for him. That is crazy, That is crazy because y'll with y'all didn't take him seriously. Yeah he was. Yeah, I know, I wanted to laugh too, but the same thing to make you laugh make you cry. And good God, it's going to be on the pay with the LGBT community. He already talking about he's a baby. I don't know if he's going to dissolve same sex marriage. I don't know if he's going to You don't know what he's going to do, because you know, his last term, the first day he took office, he took the LGBTQ page down off the website from the White House. But now he's on the mission to talk about it's only two genders. They're going to stop all of this treatment they're going to And we had so much as a community, by the trans community. We had healthcare, we had housing, we had agencies that were willing to help you with mental status and to get you jobs. You can work a job and you didn't have to actually look like a woman. I mean, you can put some effort into it, but you could get a job. And all of that might be taken away because I think it was just was too much when they when they got with the pronouns and the and the mess the kids reading them storytelling, then they get into women's spaces that they were women than a woman. The sports or the sports was the nail in the coffin because this country makes millions of dollars off sports every year, and I think that was enough is enough. That is not why we lost, But that damn show had a hand in the reason for us a little.
Speaker 3: And I would have said no, only every single pundent, every single show and smart people like John Lemon, Chris Cuomo like they having people on Anderson Cooper, and it came up you had said it to me, and I have to be honest, I didn't believe it. I didn't believe I just because I can't imagine. I don't think that way, so I just couldn't imagine. But each one of them said that was some of the stuff that started scaring people, the myths and the disinformation. So there is so to finish up the one thing that I think you had, and then we'll finish up with the with the immigrants as well. Is I think you had this past time, and with the Obama administration, you had presidents that respected you and would do anything to try to make it easy for you. You're not going to have that this time. I don't think. I don't think they'll be able to do same sex marriage. To be quite honest with you because there are a lot of gay people and a lot of powerful, powerful positions, including in the White House, Congress, Senate, you know, like you know, all of the Cabinet. Like, I don't think they'll be able to do that. Will they take those protections away just like they did the last time? Yes, they will. And it was a federal judge who there were five hundred thousand immigrants that have spouses, whole families over here, and President Biden put something into place so that they would be they would be safe. And it was a federal judge in Texas. Uh that Campbell Barker was his name, that put the kaibash on it. So I had went back. We just discussed that last week.
Speaker 4: Strangely enough, Bobby with the with the with with all of that. I don't even know what's going to happen ESPEC, especially when we come down to the to the same sex marriage thing. They may try to stop it now, but I hope they don't get to dissolve the same sex managers that were already into play little hell Secretary of State what Secretary Transportation right now? Bootage is is openly gay and has a husband and they have children, but here's the killing part. Some of these gay senators and congressmen that's higher ups, that's a Republican will vote against being gay to to make sure that they can stay in good graces with the with the Trump administration, So they will vote against themselves. They will. We know that we.
Speaker 3: Have a we have our first openly trans congresswoman that's going in, Sarah McBride.
Speaker 4: I'm proud. I'm proud to hear that, But I'm down to see how they treat it and how long this last.
Speaker 3: I feel badly about.
Speaker 4: She is going to a full on, completely controlled House and Senate by the Republicans, and the President who don't man saying whatever he wants to say, and the Supreme Court that is that is directed by him. So y'all needs to sense a praise for her. She got there. She better have a real strong constitution.
Speaker 3: I you know, what a flame being a trans woman, and she got to where she is. I'm sure she does, and she's going to be breaking the ceiling for others. And I think she knows that her that her position right now is really important.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't want her to do with that other transgirl d who got into government and got to the floor and acted the food and then they abandoned her. She was never allowed to come.
Speaker 3: She was an amazing thank god. Yeah she was local government.
Speaker 4: Thank god local local or local both. I love.
Speaker 3: Some people take some stuff too seriously, and they it's exactly they're pushing narratives that other people can't hear. And when you sound angry, when you come across, you lose people. They can't hear you. They're not hearing your message, They're only hearing your tone. And I think she I can't think of her name is not awful little It's going to come to me the minute. With that we hang up from this, but I think you lose people. We have a new The Senate Republicans picked John Soon from South Dakota UH as their new later leader, replacing Mitch McConnell. So we're going to see how that goes. He was always sort of a moderate. He railed against a lot of the stuff that historically that Trump had done. I think he has got a different relationship now. Everybody seems to have a different relationship now. Uh So we'll see. We'll see if he's going to be able to stand up to to Trump in the not the little stuff. Save it for the big stuff, you know, like getting gates going no, save it for important things. Or if he tries to do some crazy mess, you know, it'll be interesting litmus test to see to see how it's going to go. I don't want us to get all worried before. I want us to be informed, but not necessarily in a panic.
Speaker 4: Well, I agree with what you said about let's sit and see what's going to happen. But by me, as a black person who check a lot of box this girl for what they do with the I'm telling you right now it don't sound good. And if I can get a good windfall, a good four hundred or five hundred, spare one hundred thousand dollars. Yeah, I'm out, Yes, spare four five hundred thousands. It'll be explicit to move out of the country. Everybody, he's something I'm leaving this country that it's increass to move across the street, let alone move across the country. Moving out of the country, oh my god, especially if you want to bring your personal belongings. I know.
Speaker 3: But what we have to remember the other part of that is because I do have a lot of people saying that and I want to say where you're going. So we just discussed right how Europe a huge swath of the world there. This election didn't just affect the United States of America, It affected the entire world. There isn't a better place that they go. You can't go to the Middle East. There's all sorts of wars no matter where you go. You can't go to like Ukraine or any up in that area because there's all sorts of mess happening there. I mean, look at Lebanon's in on it, the whole bit. Europe is now going to be in a panic and they're going to side with China or our chement. You think that's going to be a better place to go if there is nowhere to go, You know, we have to suck it up. We have to we get what we get and we don't get upset at this point because we did it to ourselves. So now we're just going to have to figure it out. But but again, people are going to fuck around and find out. You're going to see what happened.
Speaker 4: It's just so it's just so monstrous to think of all the things, and I feel so bad. But you know, people who publicly stood up, you know, for right, for what was right I thought, which is like Liz Cheney and people who's stilling, well, I'm a wreck amount her. You don't know what he's going to do or say once he's putting it in that chair, you do.
Speaker 3: I mean always talking about and I hope somebody gets on him for this is he wants to eliminate the Department of Education. What about all those people whose kids are on egg plans? Guess who pays for the egplans? We call them i EPs here in Massachusetts Individual Education Plan the federal government. That's where those funds come from. He's getting rid of it. Your kid's not going to have like these people who who are on the Affordable Care Act. But we're dying for him to eviscerate Obamacare. Hello, it's the same thing you're putting your healthcare a lot of people in peril, twenty million people. You're putting your kids education. So what it's really going to do, and this is what my fear is, and this is what what Joe Biden and Kamala Harris have been fighting for. It's going to further divide the have and have nots. So what they're calling the Democratic Party now is the coastal elites. So you get to be a coastal elite and I get to be a coastal elite. Aren't we lucky? But our education's here because we're coastal elites and we're in we're in states that fight for education, healthcare, and everything else, and that's where all of our money is going to go. We're sort of safe. But what about all the poor states, the rural areas, the people who didn't know any better and now voted for them, And they already have crappy books, and they already have crappy schools, and this was one of the only ways that they got some sort of parody. What's going to happen there? And both of our states, including New York and there are a couple others, they subsidize a lot of the poor states because they don't want to take federal money because they don't want to be beholden. So US shmos go and some of our taxes go, and they subsidize. We're not going to have those tax dollars anymore if we have to put it into education. So it's just going to make it's going to make it everything that we didn't want it to be. We've been fighting for inclusion and any in every area with every race, uh, socioeconomic group, et cetera, et cetera. And now we're going to see it's going to further divide it. That's what makes me sad. I mean this, this doe started under Carter. So it's been in our lifetime, in your and when we've gotten great things, could it be improved? It absolutely could be improved. You know, everything could be improved. You know what he's wants Musk to do could be improved. You know, you have people paying one hundred and ninety dollars for a toilet seat, you know, because the federal government go in and fix that stuff, but don't cut areas that that are of service that we need. That's what I'm hoping doesn't happen.
Speaker 4: Well, uh yeah, baby, my grandmother said, hoping one hand and shit in the other and see what one to go get field the fastest because they are on a money grab and they got all the power to do it. He has. He has dominated all branches of government. Whoever played whoever strategy behind the scenes and played the way they played it. They played the hell out his hand. They played the hell out of his hand.
Speaker 3: That crazy mess that he kept spewing that made so us close to elites, so uncomfortable and so angry. Well we're finding out the middle. They loved it, especially young men. And I'm not going to say one race over the other. Young men. Yeah, it's all yeah, they're hearing something.
Speaker 4: That sexism is still very prevalent in absolutely.
Speaker 3: I heard. I told you I saw a few weeks ago. I was telling you they were doing the you know, I think it was Anderson Cooper was out, you know, a man among town and he was down whatever the whatever the one of the battleground states that was needed. I'm going to say North Carolina. I don't know why because I feel like one of the women had a twin. He went into a into a hair salon and it was predominantly black women, not older women. When I say younger, like forty an under to me, and not one of them was going to vote for her. They didn't feel she had the education. She didn't have the education, she did have the experience. She was a da she was I mean, she's been a million different things, and you know what she really was that I was shocked she was a woman. So when I have somebody that skilled as a woman, I align with them and I kind of vote my way. I don't know. If I don't know who to vote for, I always go my way over him. What the hell has he ever done for them?
Speaker 4: I don't know, Robby. Some people just need to be laid. Some people need a dominant voice or a dominant presence to be laid, which is why we use that same model here at let Alone every week. Some people have to be late. They don't know how to do it on their own, or they're afraid to make a decision that goes against what the populace because they're afraid that they're not going to be liked, or they made a mistake. Well, every day you wake up, a mistake can happen. But that you woke up people.
Speaker 3: With women, that's the flying sexism and women women who were sexist. They wanted a man to lead, they didn't want to. I was flabergat. I just couldn't believe it. I just I just I just couldn't believe it. I could see maybe feeling that way.
Speaker 4: I think a lot of women have been trained that way or raised that way. I do I just think they have a woman that a man has to run everything.
Speaker 3: Now tonight we heard that Robert Kennedy Junior finally got his position. He is going to be the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services, is going to make America healthy again. But strangely, he says he's not an anti vaxxer, but he doesn't believe in vaccinations. And the CDC came out with something saying that there was a twenty but just tonight there was news Nation reported it there was a twenty percent rise in measles cases last year because people aren't getting vaccinated and they don't have cute herd immunity, and it could be measles can be depending on who you are, could be some dangerous, dangerous stuff. So I'm thinking this is the guy. I mean, we do have obesity, blah blah blah, like he wants he gets worse, sicker than ever, and he wants to do something. And I think, you know, because people eat terribly, And I'm thinking, I don't eat street meat in India and get a brainworm. I might be as big as a barge, but my brain's intact. So you're judging when I eat when my god, you're picking up baby cubs to have for dinner off the ground roadkill.
Speaker 4: Well, I was everything that I was thinking. The white lady see it, so now I don't have to address it. So yeah, there we go.
Speaker 3: The only thing I can say about him is he is an environmental attorney, actually is a practicing attorney. And I do believe if Push came to shove, just like Pence, I think he's looking the boots right now. But I believe in my heart of hearts, because of the family he comes from, that if Push came to shove against the Constitution, I think he would stand for the Constitution. At least. He might be nuts, but he's not that nuts.
Speaker 4: Well, that's what I'm speaking for, speaking some much from some from someone who has had a very personal conversation with mister Robert F. Kennedy Jr. Who I thought was a very pleasant well, who I thought was a very pleasant man. I don't agree with the way he was so wishy washy on the fence. I'm not an anti vaxer, although I never took the COVID vaccine, but I'm not an anti vaxxer. I just didn't want that shit and you got to fix you before you can fix somebody else. Like you said, you got you full of brainworms. Let's get that resolve before you try to listen. I'm just we just sit here delivering y'all the news, honey, just giving you a recap. I don't get it by it.
Speaker 3: I don't either. I listened to it. Just the difference of the difference of people's constitutions. And I'm not going to say it's the parties, because I have heard Republicans give beautiful, beautiful speeches. And I listened to Trump that could have sort of changed the way people. He could have brought people in and he didn't. He was doom and gloom and how he's been and I listened to how inspiring both Kamala Harris's concession speech was, as well as Joe Biden, and I said, I don't know why people don't like them.
Speaker 4: I really don't.
Speaker 3: I don't understand. I mean, is the old he is old? But he was the same old. I am also post election, I am so over the finger pointing, including the love of your life Nancy Pelosi. I love Nancy, but I really don't She's if he got out sooner, it's his fault. No, it's not. If you had had his people give him the right information and actually have a nice, mature talk with him a year before and showed him that the data and said democracy all you have to do is because he is so duty driven, given it to him, I think he would have left. He really believed he was the only one that was gonna win. And I do believe she did better than he would have done. But I don't like that either. It's it's a time for a post mortem so we can learn and move, but it's not a time to point fingers, and I don't like. I don't like what's happening right now.
Speaker 4: Spoken like a true white woman, Bobby, spoken like a true right woman. What's going to affect me and gonna affect you? Unfortunately?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, But what does affect me? Because I don't like seeing you go through something.
Speaker 4: You're my friend, well and I appreciate that, And it's gonna be good white folks like you that's gonna help to keep us back on gets back on even Keio, because right now this country is unbalanced, and I mean, the skill is tilting, and I do not like it the way it's leaning. It's leaning to us some lava, and personally, I just don't know how my makeup is going to hold up.
Speaker 3: In love, You're not, honey, but we're all going to look the same. We're going to be dewy and bright red. Did you see that they they lowered the interest rate another quarter percent? I loved it. And the Federal Reserve chair Jerome Powell said he's not going to resign if Trump asks him too.
Speaker 4: Okay, so yeah, he act.
Speaker 3: That he thinks it will affect the I mean, he'll probably just fire him, but he's not he's not going. He thinks that will do something. He's been following it. He knows what's going on with the economy. He knows. He's very nervous over the tariffs. That's the other thing. People just they heard we were gonna put tariffs on countries, and for some reason people didn't realize, Hey, you know, mickey mouse, we're the ones who pay it. You think the other countries are going to just take the tariff and sell the products to us for the same price. No, everything's going to get raised. And he's nervous. He's very nervous that he's going to put us into a recession, so with the tariffs, so he wants to sit and monitor. So I said, oh god, some people are duty driven.
Speaker 4: Well the terriffs, because I was watching something in researching at the same time. The terriffs are not going to be good for us. They don't know that the cost us caused us to go into a recession nineteen in nineteen twenty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it will cost and so for people who are again we're going to talk about have and have nots, so we're talking about the have in the middle down it'll be they're estimating between depending on your economist and depending on what your consumption is through the year, on average, it will cost families between twenty six hundred dollars to forty six hundred dollars more year if you have average consumption. Obviously, people who have a little bit more might spend a little more, Like you might get an Apple watch that's three hundred and fifty and I have, so I got the one hundred dollar fitbit, you know, like depending on what product shoul buy and all that jazz. So we're gonna have to we're going to have to sit and see what happens. I think there's nothing we can do. It's out of our control, but we can pay attention, write things down for the next time we go vote. Google said they had a record number of searches the day after the election of how do I change my vote?
Speaker 4: There were there were no do overs. We talked about that on laugh and learned before there were no duovers on this The mistake you made will cost so many, so many, and eventually it will affect you or one of your loved ones because it's going to cost so many I don't know why people didn't play this out in the long run, the long way. They just played the short game because they want twelve dollars in their pocket. But you didn't think about what was going to happen to this country. Good God. I hope we aren't going to war.
Speaker 3: I hope that we don't want to twelve dollars. Yeah, we're not. We're not getting twelve dollars less people. You know that we got the money before because of a pandemic. We have no pandemic, thank god, not wood And I hope we don't go into a war either, because you want to see us have nothing. Think back back to World War Two. We we watch movies, right, but they actually lived it. They you got, you know, a quarter cup of sugar for an entire household. You know, things were rationed, you didn't have things, and there was ps. There was no money. You know, jobs went down. Everything was baer bones. So unless you owned your home, you were in you were in big trouble. Did you see a whole bunch of people are leaving the X platform. I heard John Lemon put something out yesterday that he's going to be losing. They're they're going to something called I never heard of it, Blue Sky. Have you heard of Blue Sky?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's new. I'm only on EX for porn. Let me be very transparent. I only will X to watch porn. I don't care about the heirlines because I know the headlines were allowed to BS, So I only watch porn on X or like the fight videos when I'm in a mood to watch the fight stuff. I don't go there for anything political because I know who owns it and the difference between the nineteen twenty recession and if we go to another one, they will have skill labored workers, they'll have robots to do everything, but don't.
Speaker 3: Need somebody, don't still need somebody to fix robots, so we've gone to this. You don't necessarily have to go to college, guys, but go to a trade school, go to a night t T tech, or go to something so your skills transfer.
Speaker 4: Over, or or get your glass of salt water. It always works absolutely, whatever has happened, I'm like Bobby, it's done now, y'all. We can't take it back. We got to get through it, and we got to live through it. But we have to live. It's gonna be some very dark times. And Eli Musk even say it, you guys are gonna have It's gonna be some what he says is going to be a struggle for a little while. Struggle struggle was his nice West saying we're about to be broken as a country for some time. So stock up, lock up, be prepared for anything come January to twenty fifth or twenty second. Hell, I ain't gonna even get that long. I know that that's the day he gets inaugurated, but we all know what's gonna happen right after that. So I'm just telling y'all be prepared for when he takes office because we don't know how it's going to go down. Stay safe, stay tuned. And stay listened to us here over at last a learned, and thank you I heart and black Offect Network for this podcast four years. Because we haven't changed, We won't change. We appreciate you, guess because here laughing learned, the model has not changed and will not change. Here laugh a learned. We are not trying to get you to change your mind. We are only trying to get you to use your mind. Because ry Bobby, because.
Speaker 3: Your mind and your vote are a terrible thing to waste.
Speaker 4: And if you if you voted the wrong way, you damn your wasted your vote. And according to the statistics, a lot of y'all wasted y'all vote. But it ain't over.
Speaker 3: Ooh, you're going to see what happens.
Speaker 4: That's the day of the episode, Bobby Cliff had said, f around and pand out. All right, if you got something, I'll see you next weekend. I will be with Tiffany Hattis decembered. I mean remember the twenty second and twenty third at the Chicago City Winery four shows. Go to Tiffany Hattish dot com and or you can catch me in New Orleans December to fourteenth for the Queen and King pageant. It's coming up, aguinion. Thank you guys. Follow Bobby clipper at Clifford Bobby on Instagram and Bobby Clifford on Facebook and I'm flame my role everywhere. Thanks. Oh, I was trying to get the words out. Bobby.
Speaker 3: You did a great job. Can we ask you a question?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: What you're texting him? Your first season, you were able to bring a lot of people on. Is there who does that? Does black effect? Did they get those interviews for you?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: Huh? They girl, I'm gonna talk to you off Lane because I just had a talk with Dolly yesterday. We're gonna talk off Land. I'm gonna call you after this. Well, I don't know if I'm gonna call you right now, but I'm gonna call you, yeah, cause you had me on the phone for two hours. Ye.
Speaker 3: I was just thinking of because I wouldn't It doesn't have to be every week, but I would love to have somebody and it doesn't. We don't have to quote unquote interview. I'd like to have discussions with people, see what their concerns are, what they're seeing, like you at April Ryan, Poor April Ryan. Is she kicked out of the the newsroom again probably like you know, that's what I'm and what they're doing. I'd like to kind of be inspirational because we had somebody.
Speaker 4: Oh, go ahead, I want to see this fight between uh Mike Tyson and it's Jake Paul.
Speaker 3: Really why I.
Speaker 4: Want to see He's outrage, That's okay, Mike. Mike was a monster in his youth.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I watched him rip the air off. For the love of god, I I yeah, he yeah, I do. You know, like my father box when he was young, loved boxing and used to kind of prop us up. I used to cry the entire time. It makes me so upset when I see somebody hit somebody else, like I don't know what it is. It really hurts my heart. I can't stand it.
Speaker 4: Here instead one second, Bobby, Okay.
Speaker 5: I'm wanting to rush.
Speaker 4: He did give the vexed room a swammy a job.
Speaker 3: He's he's with musk. They're they're coking.
Speaker 4: He should have get for swami kissing enough ass to get a job.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, he worked it. You know when he started, his collar looked like me. Right, He's he kissed so much ass he's turned brown. He yeah, I don't know what this department is that they're talking about, Like I don't. Again, I don't. I can't get upset before because we'll be upset all the way up, you know, for the next two and a half months. Who needs that? We're two months. I have to wait and see what's actually going to happen. I don't know what the department if it's duplicate, Like we just went through my hospital because we have ten hospitals. We just went through a whole reorganization because each hospital had I'm a finance person, a finance project manager, so each one had ten. Well, we'd all all need to do the exact same thing.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: They didn't just get rid of people. They tried to place them in different positions and all that jazz. But we don't need I am sure in the government we have tons of duplicity. I'm sure I don't mind that being paired down. As long as people have given soft landings or you know, one of them is given to maybe a severance package a few years earlier, they can go now. But you know, don't don't get rid of the way he words it.
Speaker 2: Don't miss an episode of Laugh and Learn, Listen and subscribe on the Black Effect Podcast Network, I Heart Radio, app or wherever you get your podcasts. Laugh and Learn Podcast is a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio. Our ejective producer is Tiffany Hattish. Our theme music is by the one and only Chrissy Payne. Thank you, guys, this is Slamming Row. Don't forget to laugh. Listen and Learn