Speaker 1: What's up, friends, and welcome into the Fantasy Pros Dynasty Baseball Podcast. I am your host, Chris Welsh. You can find me on Twitter at is It the Welsh, same on the Instagram. But I've got a very exciting episode installed for you here for this Dynasty podcast. James Anderson from Roda Wire is going to be joining me, one of the premier Dynasty voices in the space, and we're going to be talking about deeper Dynasty targets. Now, this series has led us up into the top one hundred. We're now one hundred and even a little bit further. So you know, how deep are you really going? Well, this isn't like deep deep deep, but this is when you're getting outside the top one hundred. Deeper Dynasty targets you're going to want to pay attention to. And as we've always said, these guys can be to different varying degrees whether you are you are playing in like a win now or you're simply trying to rebuild. We're going to talk a lot about similar strategies we've been talking about in the construction and the building of Dynasty. And as many people know, I have a long history James James and I have done many, many prospect podcasts, of this one will be solely dedicated to Dynasty and a little bit deeper. So I think you guys are going to enjoy that. We're going to do that here in a second. But before we get into it, I do want to tell you guys about Fantasy Pros and the premier tools that they've got. They've had some great deals going on pending. When you're listening to this you might be able to take advantage of those. But if you go to Fantasy Pros and you check out their premium tools, they're going to get you set for the twenty twenty four baseball season. Whether it's the aggregated ranks, the projections, the roster management is top notch. You can actually put like all of your teams in different places into one spot giving you lineup suggestions. The Draft Wizard once that opens up, is an insanely great tool. Go and check out the premium product over at Fantasy Pros. Can also get into the Fantasy Pros discord channel where we'll be doing the home run contest this year. So, like I said, no promises on the deal, but they have some insane deals that have been going on, So go and check that out over at Fantasy Pro fantasypros dot com slash Premium, I believe is what you want to check out. All Right, we're gonna get into the episode. We got a lot to talk about. So here he is from RODA Wire Real j R. Anderson, James Anderson talking some Dynasty with me. James, what's up, buddy?
Speaker 2: Thanks? He haming Man, looking forward to Dynasty?
Speaker 1: Is your specialty done? Lots of have different variations of leagues, and you play in some of the big hardcore ones, so you're definitely the premier guy to talk about. And when we get outside the top one hundred, I very loosely use the idea of like deeper dynasty targets. But you know we've talked about in these episodes, construction of dynasty is just it's very nuanced of like you new draft, who are you? Are you a win? Now? Are you kind of towing both sides? You playing for the future. Not everything is equal, but outside the top one hundred, things just open up. And we've been focusing on ranks and that's kind of the unique thing about this entirety is everything just opens up as far as values go. So I've taken a look at some your dynasty ranks some of mine, and picked apart some players that go a little bit deeper when we get outside the top one hundred to talk about. And the first one I wanted to bring up was, actually, I believe he's number one hundred for you, Hassun Kim, who was a first year disappointment from a couple of years ago and then absolutely blew up this past year and has kind of redefined his overall value. But I think there are still major questions about who is Hasung Kim from a year to year basis, and how do we value Hassung Kim for the foreseeable future. Twenty eight years old, coming off of a seventeen homer, thirty eight stolen based season, sub twenty K percentage, so he teeters right at the top one hundred space and dynasty. So talk to me about Hassung Kim and how you value him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like Kim.
Speaker 3: He's got I think he's got a really high floor because of how good of a defender he is, and you know, you just you kind of know that he's going to be playing pretty much every day somewhere on the diamond because of that defense and his ability to kind of move around.
Speaker 2: I think last.
Speaker 3: Offseason was the time to get Kim in dynasty leagues, like obviously, but like I don't think now is the time to acquire Kim, you know, I think that there are other players like Andres Jimenez with the Guardians where they just they didn't have quite as loud of a year this past year and are a little under the Raider, but they kind of give you the same type of thing. Just kind of a lot of guys like this, especially at second base and short step, where it's just you know you're getting with the new rules and everything, you're hoping for around thirty steals and then double digit homers, but you're not exactly sure how many homers you're getting. And so I think like of that group of players, Kim might have the most trade value, right or like you'd have to trade the most to acquire him, just based off how big his year was last year. So you know, I like the floor. I think he's a great guy to have, but I do think this might be a career best fantasy season that.
Speaker 1: He also, Yeah, it's also interesting like if you take a look at like guys that steal thirty bases and also can give you fifteen plus homers. You usually don't see those guys outside the top one hundred Redraft or Dynasty, it's kind of few and far between. Dynasty it opens up because now you can throw them in these pools of these prospects that could be here or there. And I think that's what makes him kind of fascinating. How are you also, especially in Dynasty, I think we're tackling some of this in Redraft. How are you approaching the uptick and stolen bases? I think a relatively common thing for a lot of people is like, okay, well stolen bases have ticked up, so premium power. That's the thing that has to be a little bit more of a target here. You look at thirty stolen bases outside the top one hundred, and people would you know, flock over it. But are you maybe downgrading stolen bases a tiny bit in Dynasty or do you still think there's there as as valuable as ever, especially when paired with like a solid average and serviceable homers. You know, over fifteen homers is like very doable.
Speaker 2: I think stolen bases are They've always been my least coveted of the five hitting stats in Dynasty, just because they don't correlate the same way the other ones.
Speaker 4: Do.
Speaker 3: You know, when you hit a home run, you're also getting the run in the RBI. Obviously it's helping your batting average. Whereas you know, a lot of the guys that steal a bunch of like I have zero interest in like Aestuariuizan Dynasty, for instance, But once you get into the kind of like the guys that are stealing bases and helping your average and hitting double legit home runs, like, obviously those are great players to have several of on your roster. And I, you know, redraft Dynasty doesn't really matter what it is. I like, I always want to be averaging double digit steals from my middle infield spots, from my outfield spots. That doesn't mean you can't find room for like a Corey Seeger or a Nick Cassianos type of guy. But like, if you're if you're going to start Corey Seger, I want to be getting extra solen bases from like maybe my third basement, or I want to be getting you know, one of those guys like Kyle Tucker or Huiar Rodriguez, Cordin Carrol in the first round, so that I'm getting just a ton of steals to open that up.
Speaker 1: There's also like there's so many middle infielders whatever you want to call it, Like Hassun Kim definitely has some position flexibility. Should be a short second third still, at least that's where early fan tracks is. I haven't gone to look at the positional stuff, but there's like so many in Dynasty or Redraft shortstops from the seegers, the lindoors to banking back on O'Neill cruises, to adding Matt mcclein's in, and then you get you know, the prosly Jackson holiday and stuff like that. We're doing a we're undertaking currently this Dynasty mock draft that we're doing with the tool Shed guys. Rounds eight through ten there were five total middle infielders taken, which I thought was interesting. Hassun Kim was in there. There's one process beck Jet Williams, who I know you love, a couple older guys, and then the next guy wanted to bring up Bryson Stott, who Bryson Stott actually went higher than everybody I just mentioned Hassan Kim, Swanson Bogart's Jet Williams. He went higher, he went in the eighth round. How do you compare that, maybe a Bryson Stott who did similar things as Hassan Kim and a little bit younger. Thirty one stolen bases fifteen homers, hit two eighty, which was even better even lower strikeout percentage. But I think there are real questions about the power. Steamer projection still have them at fifteen homers though, but the stolen base is coming down fifteen to twenty Steamer projection this year. Hassan Kim versus Bryson Stott.
Speaker 2: For you, I mean, I think they're basically the same guy.
Speaker 3: I just you know, whichever one I guess is I will not, like in a Redrafter Dynasty league, like if both those guys are available, like if you've got you know, Andresa Menez, like the Tommy Edmond type's all still available, I'm not going to be the one that takes the first guy just because it's it's just a it's a it's a combination of stats that I don't think is incredibly unique. It's it's valuable, but there's multiple guys at the same position that kind of give you the same thing. So I just don't want to necessarily take the first guy. But very similar story with him in Dynasty. Just the defense gives him such a high floor. You know, you love that you're getting the speed without him taking a ton of other stats off the table. But I do think you know, last offseason was the season to buy an on Bryson Staff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the thing I would throw with Bryson maybe two years younger. Just you know, if you're taking a look and you want to pair those values outside the top one hundred. This also is why it was very appropriate to have you on here as well. Opens up the prospect conversation even more. I think there's a lot of people that get very finicky about taking prospects inside the top one hundred of Dynasty or further by the way, there's plenty of people that are just like, not, just give me a redraft list. That's how I'm gonna attack Dynasty. You get outside the top one hundred. I think this open up even more. There are two very fascinating players that I would want invested in out just outside your top one hundred, and these guys with playing time this year. Could this could be one of those things You've said this twice now you're like, hey, this is the time to buy in on this guy. This might be the time to buy in on these guys because I think their values are lower than where you have them rank. Kyle Manzardo and Kobe Mayo two great young bats to bet on. Manzarto with a bigger name out here in the AFL, Kobe Mayo with one of the sneaky and that's not even sneaky but unless you like really pay attention to it, just insanely good season across the board. Talk to me about valuing these guys right outside the top one hundred and fitting them on more win now teams.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I think this is a really good season to trade for Kobe Mayo specifically of those two, because he doesn't have the clear path to playing time like Kyle Manzardo. So whoever has Kobe Mayo in Dynasty right now, I'm sure they love his bat and they're they're high on him and everything, but they don't know exactly what type of production they're getting from him in twenty twenty four. So I think buying Kobe Mayo before there's like a clear spot for him. I mean, I am very confident that Baltimore will be sniffing around consolidation trades. That doesn't mean they'll be able to find one, Like they're not going to just give Ryan Mountcastle away, but like I think they would love to trade, you know, a Ramon Urius along with like a Ryan Mountcastle for a starting pitcher or something like that, maybe just a reliever. And if a move like that happens and then the pieces start kind of moving around and then you clearly see this is how Kobe Meo fits in, then I think it'll be harder to trade for him. And really, if you kind of look at just all the minor leagues last year of hitters that spent the whole year kind of in the upper the miners, Kobe Mayo's production and just kind of dominance is up there with anyone's. You know Whyite Langford probably more on like a per game basis, but he got you know, he wasn't there the whole season like Kobe Mayo was. Manzarto had that type of year a year ago and then obviously had.
Speaker 2: Just you know it.
Speaker 3: I don't want to say like last season. But I do think you can throw out a lot of what he was doing with Tampa Bay before the trade. Obviously was was solid in the AFL, was really solid in the miners after that trade. And the main question I guess for me with Manzarto is are the Guardians gonna be okay playing him against lefties right away? You know, they do have like someone like gabrielle Arius maybe that they could give playing time to at first base against lefties, but I think Josh Naylor plays every day. I think Manzarto makes the team out of spring training as someone who's going to be playing against right handed pitchers at least, so Manzaro probably helps you more in the short term. But I love the idea of trying to acquire Kobe Mayo this season.
Speaker 1: I do two and if if you're an already established team, like, how do you think you go about like fitting Kobe Mayo? Because Mayo is not going to be cheap, nor would Manzarto, Like I think from a drafting perspective, this might be just an easier question. Older guys fall if you're starting a new dynasty, Kobe Mayo should be someone when you get to the and Manzarto. When you get to the one hundred one fifty range, your site should be set on Kobe Mayo that high of an investment. Okay, how do you make that work if you want to win Now? Well, again, there's just these old dudes that are going to be falling the You know JD. Martinez and I know he's not for space, but Jad's Martinez is of the world. They're going to fall quite a bit in drafts, as are a litany of other solid guys. But if you are a competing team right now, like, what what do you think the asset give up? If you're in a trade for Kobe Mayo? Looks like without compromising a win Now team, because I could ask you, like, what would you trade Hassan Kim for Kobe Mayo and or Bryson Stop for Kobe Mayo if you're in win Now. I mean, I don't think you can do that, but I mean you tell me otherwise.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I don't think.
Speaker 3: I don't think the win Now team is trading Kim or Stott for Mayo. I think if you're the rebuilding team, if.
Speaker 2: You like, if you.
Speaker 3: Have Stott or you have Kim and you're you're looking at your roster and you just don't really see a viable path to you competing in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: Then I think that trade starts to make some sense. You know, like if if you.
Speaker 3: Have, say, like a Nick Castellanos or like an Anthony Santander, like a player like that, maybe that's the type of player, uh that you trade for for Kobe Mayo or trying to trade for Kobe Mayo because those players are closer to kind of aging out of their prime, whereas Kim and Stott, I think you still have another four years of their prime.
Speaker 1: I feel like Castillanos might be able to like get that done. That might be something that's able to get it done. But you know, you could start looking at like here's another I'm just throwing this out here, Like what about like Andrew Vaughan. He hasn't cashed out of his time period, but maybe we really know who he is. It's like, even if your win now, you think you're losing too much with whatever replacement you could get, if you move to Vaughan to get Mayo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I would take Mayo for Vaughn kind of regardless of my team situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's whar I's getting out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like you're he's just not he's not hurting you enough in the short term.
Speaker 1: But he's like twenty six, and people might still keep looking at that and be like, Okay, maybe that's something that I can Maybe there's something else that I want to do. Speaking of prospects, what other prospects are you considering in this one hundred to two hundred You can open up to two fifty range. Obviously there's a lot, but targh prospects that make sense to you in your mind. One hundred to two hundred ish reigns kind of think like, I think if you're rebuilding, all prospects should be in mind here. But if you're kind of like either in a middle window or you're in the competing like, what prospects are you looking at to invest in in dynasty?
Speaker 3: Sure, I'll give you a give you a hitter and a pitcher, and they both have reached the big leagues, So I think that there are guys that could help you this upcoming season, but also long term for a hitter. Parker Meadows, I think is a great name to go after both short term long term. I think he's what he showed last year kind of more than anything. To me was just I think he's clearly their center fielder of the future, just based on how solid his defense was in the big leagues.
Speaker 2: You know, he's got speed, he's got.
Speaker 3: A really good arm, he doesn't have pronounced splits, so I think Arka Metos could be the Tigers leadoff hitter all season. And you know he likes to steal bases. I think he's a decent bet to steal twenty plus bases as a rookie power. You know, k America is not a good place to try to hit for power. I think that'll affect Meadows to the point where maybe he's kind of like a fifteen to twenty homer guy. But he's six foot five. He could just be kind of scratching the surface there, hits the ball hard. So there's a chance that he's just like a twenty twenty guy, maybe even better than that.
Speaker 2: And I just don't think he gets valued that way.
Speaker 3: Was never really kind of ranked in that sort of high range before he came up, and then I think he showed some promising stuff in the majors, and then on the pitch just.
Speaker 1: Want to throw in real quick hitting in front of Riley Green and Torklesen two like the run opportunities for meadows. If he is in that spot, that is where it's even more intriguing. So I like that name. Sorry pitching.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then aj Smith Shawber.
Speaker 3: You know, I think it's really it's really just impressive as hell that he got up last year. That was his age twenty season, and he just dominated at in like a handful of starts at high in Double A, and then he just kind of spent the rest of his age twenty season going back and forth between Triple A and the big leagues, and the results weren't always great. But we know he's got that plus fastball mid nineties, touches ninety eight, He's touched even higher than that in the past. He's got a full repertoire four pitches. You I think that the curveball and slider flash plus last year. Still needs to work on his command and control and his sequencing and stuff. But you know, this is one of the premium teams to have a young pitcher on just if you're trying to get wins, always going to have a solid defense behind him. So I just I love the situation for Smith shawv Or. I think he's just kind of scratching the surface. Obviously anything, you know, anything can go wrong with pitching prospects, but I think he's a devalued asset right now in dynasty.
Speaker 1: I like it. We have been dismissive when we as we've worked through the top one hundred about closers and they just kind of moved down in general. So now that we're talking about this is obviously like a deeper conversation. But where do closers lie for you, especially when we are ranked outside the top one hundred, Maybe ifew fly inside, what is your dynasty valuation of what closers outside the top one hundred are on top of your mind?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I think elite closers are actually underrated in dynasty leagues. They're at least they're always going to to me be underrated on any kind of like a dynasty mock draft, any kind of dynasty ranking. They're probably under ranked just in terms of what does it actually take to acquire these guys in a dynasty league in season if you're trying to win a title like Edwin Diaz, Emmanuel Classe Camilo Duvall, Devin.
Speaker 2: Williams, you know, even like Josh.
Speaker 3: Hater, I know he's getting old, but really like Edwin Diaz, class A, Camillo Daval, like maybe like David Bednar. These guys not only are they giving you thirty plus saves, but they're giving you elite ratios. They're giving you, you know, in some cases maybe like thirty to forty more strikeouts than just your kind of generic closer.
Speaker 2: And you need saves to win a dynasty league.
Speaker 3: And the best way to have reliable saves year to year is to have an elite closer. If you're able to, if you're really good at picking up you know, your advert alzolet types, or you know, maybe we're stashing yaniar Cano when Bautista went down, or if you're just good at finding saves on the cheap, then then definitely go that route. But I just you know, once we start getting into like starting pitchers, like I'm looking at this mock draft we're doing, yeah, you know, we got like Nick Ladolo, Hunter Brown, Mason Miller, guys like that going off the board and the tenth round here, while Camilla Devall's just sitting there, like, give me davall over those guys just easily.
Speaker 2: You know, you're getting better ratios from him.
Speaker 3: I mean, he's probably gonna throw more innings than Mason Miller in twenty twenty four. So, like, I just I think once you kind of get past that really kind of high end level of starting pitcher, give me the high end reliever.
Speaker 1: Well, I think the second biggest discrepancy in dynasty drafting to in season dynasty values is starting pitching. That's the second biggest discrepancy. People will push down pitching in dynasy they'll still go. I don't want to say they're not going to go, but pitchers move down to and then trading for pitching in dynasty it's tough because now you're getting back to like you know, well, no, this is the important catalyst. This is redraft values. The number one biggest discrepancy between dynasty drafting and in season closers, because like you said, we are almost at pick one point fifty and Josh Hater and Camilla daval are both still on the board. Alexis Diaz, Jordan Romano. I'm just kind of going through Paul Sewald. You took Edwin Diaz in the middle of the ninth round. That's huge. Devin Williams and Jan Durant went in the tenth round. I think you started the first closer in the ninth round. So you want to talk about discrepancy of drafting to actual value, it's closers. Now, maybe closers are easier, a little easier to trade for in Dynasty because when a team is out of it, I think one of the first things are willing to trade our closers, So you could do that. But this is the biggest discrepancy. I mean, is this mock draft we're doing, is this representative of how you would attack closers or do you think like you might even take closers a little bit early because in that draft you took Suzuki and the eighth Bratish and the seventh Bratish was a great value, Like, do you think you might even attack those closers a little bit early if you were playing this out in Dynasty.
Speaker 3: I just think I think you have to you have to let the kind of if you're doing like a startup draft, I think you just kind of let the board dictate things to some extent, like I did. I took Edwin Diaz like I kind of started. I I didn't even start a run. I took him in the ninth round. I just thought he was too good of a value to pass up there. But I like, you know, I think if this was a real startup draft, I think you would have just seen these guys go a little sooner.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 3: It's just it's not nobody's excited to take a closer and a dynasty mock draft, you know. But I just I think it's it's really nice to have one of the really elite guys.
Speaker 2: You Definitely, I don't think you want to overdo it.
Speaker 3: Like, uh, you don't want to just win saves going away, because then you're leaving value on the table just having a steady closer and then trying to find that second guy on the cheap.
Speaker 2: I think that's probably the way to go.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I don't really think you're going to see kind of accurate representation of closer value in a mock draft necessarily or rank once you're in the once you're in the mix. Like if there's a startup draft going and you see kind of a closer run starting, I don't really think there's anything wrong with getting in there.
Speaker 1: I also think ranks. A lot of people that rank Dynasty just closers, just get thrown towards the bottom. And to your point, I don't think it's necessarily representative of value us going into starting pitching. Here we're outside the top one hundred. I believe I saw these guys next to each other, and I wonder if they're completely different spectrums of value. And I think both of these are wildly big topics in Dynasty, especially for this year. Walker Buehler versus Cole Reagans. Cole Reagans with the absolute big breakout over to the Royals. Walker Bueller missed the entire season going to be I think he's twenty nine years old, closing into thirty. He's coming back this year. Dodgers need him, and had he not been injured, Walker Bueler would probably live in the worlds of the Tyler Glass nails and higher. So Walker Buehler versus Cole Reagan's post one hundred Dynasty ranks. What side, how do you rank and how do you value?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a good one because they both just have extreme durability concerns. Double Timmy John Surgery's a piece. I'll go Reagan's just because I don't think you get like, I think Reagan's is incredibly risky from a inning standpoint, but I don't think Buehler is the test case where you take a safer option. I think I'll take the guy who we saw with just electric monster stuff to close last year.
Speaker 2: And just hope that is. I hope that he stays healthy for as long as possible.
Speaker 3: But like, we haven't seen Buehler make it all the way back and get big league hitters out, and I don't even think pre injury. I don't think Buehler's stuff was as good as Reagan's stuff at the end of last year. So obviously loved the team context more with with Buehler, but you know, good home park for Reagan's. I just think he's got slightly higher ceiling based on the stuffy showed last year.
Speaker 1: Do you think the are these guys that you want to target when you get outside there, I could feel you not wanting to target Bueler. I wasn't sure if these were the guys in general.
Speaker 2: No, Yeah, I just don't.
Speaker 3: I'm really trying to, you know, I'm going after I don't mind getting a little risky, you know, like I I'll take like a tyler glass now, like I'll take like an Uri Perez if the price is right, or like to Greek scooble. You know, there's questions about his innings and stuff, but to me, Reagan's and Bueler are kind of passed some imaginary line to me in terms of just the risk profile.
Speaker 1: So if you're gonna invest, you're gonna invest probably in a lot safer pitching. So then we'll put this to the test. These are guys that are that hover that top one hundred and one got there, I think due to the playoff run the other just a constant season Brandon Fought versus Tanner Biby, who I think I noticed you had in a very similar range as well. Obviously, Tanner Bibby season sub three ERA almost nine k per nine, getting to just under one hundred and fifty innings with ten wins. Brandon Fought's season didn't look quite as good though. He then went out, changed who he was, moved the mound, you know, changed the rubber, and was a playoff darling. Still a home run issue, but he looked like a completely different pitcher, especially adding in that sinker. So the question is is are these guys you want to invest in Dynasty and what side do you pick? Brandon Fought Tanner, Biby.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just I love Brandon Fott, but I mean I gotta I gotta go beat Biby over FOT, just based on the like that the floor with Bibby just feels higher just he showed it kind of over a longer stretch. Apologize for the fighter jet flying over my house right now, but.
Speaker 1: I have one of those too, I have I have a military base right near me.
Speaker 2: They yeah, I mean, like so I love FOT.
Speaker 3: I think he's a like I'm buying what Like, Usually what someone does in the playoffs, like I just don't even care, like, especially if it's just like an older player. But with FOT, I think it's actually very important to look at what he did in the playoffs because you know, he's still getting his feet wet against big league hitters, and he's still kind of figuring out what works and what doesn't work. So for him to kind of find some stuff against really good offenses in that type of atmosphere just gives me so much more confidence in him heading into twenty twenty four. But I do still think just Byby, I think I think he showed enough. It's a good park.
Speaker 2: They usually have a pretty good defense behind him.
Speaker 3: So slight nod to Bibby, and you know, to that point, Bybey went in the eighth round. We're in the eleventh round. Fought still hasn't gone in this mock, so I think the market bears that out, although I do think Fought should have gone by now.
Speaker 1: But yeah, and I think you just made a great point here, because I think Tanner Biby's a safe option, like you mentioned. Interestingly enough, though Brendan Fott had a lower walk per nine than Tanner Biby did. But Tanner Biby, I think he can eat innings. It's a good strikeout option. Multi pitch is gonna pick up wins, can go deep into games. But I don't think the market, like you said, has caught up to Brandon Fought, which makes him a very fascinating target. I like both of these guys for Dynasty Post one hundred targets for your sps. All right, a couple of our kind of quick hitterish ones. This one, I guess isn't as quick hit, but you don't have to go nuts with it, do we still want them? Addition, do we still want Dylan ce So you don't have to go nuts with the answers here, But do you still want Dylan Ceaeson Dynasty?
Speaker 2: Uh? I'm worried. I'm worried about the Walks.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: I don't think you trade Dylan Cees this offseason. I think you kind of just try to ride it out and hope for the best.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: It just that that whole White Sox situation, it just seems like such a tire fire. Like I I'm worried about most of their players, but I I just think his value is too low right now to trade him in Dynasty. But I'm still worried.
Speaker 1: Do you still want Willie Adamas?
Speaker 2: Yes? I think he's a great BiLaw great bylow.
Speaker 1: You think the average bounces back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you if you have your expectations in check, Like just you kind of look at what he was expected to do last year, and I think that's basically what he'll do this up coming year. Although you don't know like whether the Brewers might pivot to like a full on rebuild at some point, so, like, you know, his his RBI and runs scored totals from like twenty twenty two, that might be kind of a high water mark. I don't think we get back there.
Speaker 2: But.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think he was just unlucky with the batting average by far the lowest babbup of his career. Last year he was He was in a pretty big slump throughout the summer and I think it started getting into his head a little bit. But I think he showed some strong flashes towards the end of the year. And he's just an elite shortstop, so I don't see him coming out of the lineup. He wasn't bad enough last year for them to even consider something like that, So I just I think he is just going to be the exact guy that you know he's generally been from twenty twenty through twenty twenty two.
Speaker 2: So great bylow.
Speaker 1: Do we still want Eloy Jimenez?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I I elo is the type of guy where I would trade him, Like as soon as I felt like someone was actually legitimately interested in trading for him, I would try to find a fit with that manager. I just think, you know, what are you projecting in terms of games played with the guy like that and he's ut only now, Like I would everything I'm saying about Elo, I would say about Byron Buxton too. Once they get to ut only, it just gets really tough because you just you can't count on them at all, Like you can't you can set your line up on Monday, and you can't complain when Wednesday comes in, they're out for.
Speaker 2: The rest of the week. You know.
Speaker 3: I just don't get a sense from Eloi, especially that he puts any time in in terms of the off season, with his conditioning, with his skill development, with anything like that, like he might have peaked as a baseball player at like age twenty two, twenty three.
Speaker 2: Like I just I think he's he's just kind of a shell of himself.
Speaker 1: If you had if you had to pick one, by the way, Eloyo or Buxton.
Speaker 2: Ela.
Speaker 1: Okay, oh my god, last one of this. Do we still want Carlos Korea?
Speaker 2: M I mean, I've I've never really been a Korea guy. I don't want him.
Speaker 3: No, you're not getting you know, having a shortstop where you're not getting any speed, Like they better be bringing it somewhere else, Like there better be a chance for thirty homers. There better be a chance for like a high batting average, like you know, I just don't think you're getting enough upside with Korea to deal with the fact. And you know, he had a planner fasciitis, like all your last year his contract fell through with the That's like there's just a lot a lot of red flags from a durability standpoint, and I just don't think the ceiling is high enough when he's fully healthy and going right to deal with it.
Speaker 1: Always been overrated, all right, last two These are the quick hitters. Your favorite non old guy Deep Target Edition Deep Dynasty targets, not super old guy addition here anywhere, you know, post one fifty, post two hundred, just just a couple of names you might.
Speaker 3: Have favorite Deep targets. You know, I love Jordan Westberg and zach Neto. They're not older guys, but just they stand out to me as guys that I want and in every Dynasty league if I can get them kind of similar reasons.
Speaker 2: They're just really really good players.
Speaker 3: Zach Netto, I think is a really nice breakout candidate this year. He's going to play a ton He's gonna play every day. Obviously, he's gonna steal bases, He's gonna hit for power. Westburg just love the middle endfield, corner endfield combination. You know, I think the park is going to cap Westburg's power to a certain extent, but he's gonna hit for a high average, he's gonna have a high OVP. He's gonna steal ten to twelve bases. So just just really like his situation. And then just one one older guy, uh for you. I think John Means is a little interesting. He got you know, I'm a little worried that they kind of shut him down after he came back, but I think they were just being overly careful with him. Baltimore has one of the better team contexts in the game. Like they're gonna be threatening for one hundred wins every year, They've got a great home park. You're throwing to Adley Ritchman. I just I thought John Means looked better than his numbers looked last year, Like he didn't strike a ton of guys out. But I actually thought he looked really good when he came back. And you can probably ge him pretty cheap.
Speaker 1: There you go, James Anderson Dynasty. There's so much to it. It's crazy with values and players and you know, you really you will get to an hour podcast on the like groups of ten. You really could real j R. Anderson on Twitter at road a Wire. What do you got to plug? What's going down here in the near future as far as Dynasty content, you're always plugging out the podcast. You've got the articles, You've got ranks. The road a Wire ranks are totally invaluable, so you should check those out. But what do you want to plug?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're just working on getting everything ready for the twenty twenty four season. I'm writing outlooks on prospects every day. Those will go live on the site fairly soon. Got the Dynasty ranks, got the prospect ranks, have a ton of first year player draft content coming in January, and then my big prospect rankings update for the off season will be right after the international guys sign in mid January.
Speaker 2: So just sign up for Road a Wire and on lookout for all this.
Speaker 1: James, thank you so much for your time, man, thanks for having me there. He is James Anderson. What do we got in store?
Speaker 2: Where?
Speaker 1: We've got more episodes coming up for you. We're going to be doing some Dynasty buys and some Dynasty cells. That's right, the buys and cells. But we're gonna do them in different episodes. Plus, we've got a Dynasty mock that's going to be coming here in the near future, and I may just be setting that up with the Fantasy Pros Discord, so be on the lookout for that here in the near future. Dynasty buys Dynasty cells over the next couple so make sure you are subscribed to the podcast so you don't miss any of it. Hey, here's the other cool thing. These episodes are currently on the Leading Off feed, so when you subscribe, when baseball season hits, all the draft prep, you're already there for Leading Off, whether it's the n season draft prep episodes or we're doing the daily show, which hopefully you guys will be joining us. Make sure to check out the premium tools over at Fantasy Pros to get you hooked up, follow me on Twitter at is It the Welsh and hopefully we made you a little bit more comfortable with dynas and we won't stop right here on the Fantasy Pros Dynasty Baseball Podcast.
Speaker 4: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball Podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify. Follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com Slash Fantasy Pros MLB