Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 2: You want to take a look at some of the stocks on the move today, and Noram Linda joins us. She's an equities reporter on the BN side. But I'm sure you know her from this show and many others where she.
Speaker 1: Helps out so much.
Speaker 2: Nora, I guess Apple is one of the main stocks or Washington day, the biggest corporate news story. What are we seeing there?
Speaker 3: Definitely? I mean I'm looking at shares of Apple. They're down about one point seven percent right now in trading.
Speaker 2: But of course we know the.
Speaker 3: Biggest news of the day is the debut of the iPhone seventeen lineup? How do we already make it to seventeen? Matt, which iPhone do you have?
Speaker 2: I have? I think the fifteen, So I try and upgrade every two years or at least.
Speaker 3: You see my assumption that you had an Apple product. I didn't even you could have had an answer, yes.
Speaker 2: Well no, I'm a normal human dating well, one of those people who shuns the Apple ecosystem and prefers to use like to be alternative to the other people, or do the other people use Unix or something.
Speaker 3: I have no idea what they're doing on that side, but we do have the debut, and of course that's really what's been in focus today. And apparently it has a skinnier air model here. And of course we know that we always see the updates the camera technology and all the sort, but we are seeing shares sliding just a tad today. But I do want to move to some of the names in the green that I am keeping an eye on. Look at chairs of Neby. It says ticker in bis. Some of these names, it's so interesting I kind of had to do a deep dive into them. But this company's in focus up as much as fifty four percent today, So what's really really charging higher here? Essentially this is an AI software company. What we do is the ticker is nbnbis. Yes, this is a company a lot of people had.
Speaker 2: Never heard of.
Speaker 3: See that's what I'm saying. I had to do my research.
Speaker 2: It is essentially the new yandex.
Speaker 3: Apparently so and so. I mean, of course the focus today is the deal that they had with Microsoft. And this is the fact that they have a deal that's worth at least seventeen point four billion dollars, but could be as much as nineteen point four billion. And we were seeing other companies that were also rallying after the news because essentially people have this bet that you know, hey, if they're getting a deal with Microsoft, maybe so many other ones can too, like Core, Weave, Taro Wolf. So we are seeing a broad based rally here. But let's move back over to Tormaline, that's ticker TRML. We're seeing another deal here, So novard Is is hoping to buy or they are buying US biotech company Tormaline, one I had to dig into as well. It's about one point two billion dollars, so it's a small biotech company. But if you look at the moves that it's making today, it's up fifty eight percent, so really really on a tear here looking at shares year to date, up as much as one hundred and thirty four percent so far this year. So I mean, these are some small biotech companies, but lots of activity going on there.
Speaker 2: Tormaline TRML the ticker there. TECK is the ticker for tech Resources based out of Canada. Trades here, what's this story with this miner, Well, this is the story. It's actually and smelter, I should say absolutely so this smelter.
Speaker 3: Is a really big deal here. It's one of the biggest mining deals that we're seeing in over a decade. Here, we're seeing shares of Tech Resources tick her Teck for their seeing their best day since April. Here, shares are up as much as eighteen percent in trading. But essentially, Anglo American agreed that they would buy the Canadian and minor and we're really seeing a lot of the street kind of rallying behind this, a lot of optimism right now. But this will actually create a company of worth more than fifteen billion dollars.
Speaker 1: Here, Matt this stock mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.