Speaker 1: It's Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning, and you've listened to us all year long.
Speaker 2: Yes, thank you, that's why.
Speaker 1: Just to punish you a little bit more, we're doing a countdown of the top ten second date updates.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think this is so fun and I love to see people's comments on like Spotify because that's the only platform that you can comment on. Very good, but I love to see what you think. The next one is going to.
Speaker 1: Be follow and subscribe so you don't miss any of our second dates, and let us know in the comments which ones you think should be ranked. Today, we're doing number nine, which is titled Todd the Bye.
Speaker 2: I mean the title, doesn't it with the Yeah.
Speaker 1: With a nickname like that, he must just be a great guy. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so many options.
Speaker 1: Let's listen in your number nine second date update Second Date Update date. Not too long ago, Brooke taught me a very valuable lesson on etiquette.
Speaker 2: Okay, what was it.
Speaker 1: She taught me that when you go to a party, Yeah, the number one rule is do not show up on time because that makes you look lame.
Speaker 2: Yes, well that, but like the host, like I'm always running late, Like I hate when people get there. I mean, no, I haven't finished throwing everything in the closet before he got to my house.
Speaker 1: You you need to show up late thirty minutes an hour. That's good. So I'm assuming the same rule applies to a first date. No, don't show up on time, or else you'll look like some desperate loser who has absolutely nothing going on.
Speaker 2: This is why you don't get social etiquette.
Speaker 1: And that's why one of our listeners, Todd lives by Brooks model because he was not on time and translation he cool, No, what's cool?
Speaker 3: Todd? Hey? Hey, yeah, way are you?
Speaker 2: Are you remorseful that you were late? Todd?
Speaker 3: Bit cool?
Speaker 1: People aren't remorseful, brook.
Speaker 3: And yeah, I had another beautiful attendee at my residence, if you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Oh oh wow, wait you double booked yourself for the same night. I mean, bold move.
Speaker 1: Friend sounds to me like he had a holdover from the night before.
Speaker 2: For is that what it was?
Speaker 3: Kind of got a little lost in the sauce and I just lost track of time. But you know this, this is mad about that? Okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it could be if that's the reason you gave your date that you were late.
Speaker 1: Did you say that to her time?
Speaker 3: No, did you say that to her? Don't?
Speaker 1: I don't even know, Todd, Who are you talking about?
Speaker 3: The beautiful Monica?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Monica?
Speaker 3: Listen? Was I remorseful just the time when I got there and I saw how beautiful she was. This is the lady that you're on time for. Okay, okay, so.
Speaker 2: The ugly people you're not on time for?
Speaker 3: Is it? So?
Speaker 1: How late did you show up to Monica's date?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say about forty five minutes later.
Speaker 1: She was still under an hour. It's forgivable on traffic at least.
Speaker 3: That was one of the excuses that I threw out there. You know, some family is a different thing, you know, whatever sticks.
Speaker 2: Where were you meeting Monica?
Speaker 3: I don't really want to disclose that, but I did need her on tenders.
Speaker 2: Why don't you want to say where you were meeting?
Speaker 1: You don't have to say like the exact name of the place, but a general you know, business.
Speaker 3: We were there for brunch at yeah, let's do that. At a restaurant, Let's do that. Okay. I just don't want to give out too many details. And the event that this doesn't go well, you know, my other d she's still fine. Okay, I just want to make sure we keep it everything in line here, all right?
Speaker 1: All right, you got the first girl on backup just in case the second date doesn't.
Speaker 3: Okase, you know how it is, right? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sure, Let's focus on Monica though. Tell us about how brunch went.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, it was great. I mean we had some conversations a little bit about life, but I just wanted to tell her about my truck. One truck is red, beautiful rams, the interiors leatherd right.
Speaker 1: How many wheels on that truck?
Speaker 3: Four of.
Speaker 1: Eighteen dealers, all four of them.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 2: I understand these guys are kind of like, you know, letting you talk about the truck. But was Monica interested in that at all?
Speaker 3: No? Not.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you're aware.
Speaker 3: We did get We did get to the fact that not only is she beautiful, but she has artistic skills. She's an interior designer.
Speaker 2: You finally asked her about herself.
Speaker 3: I mean I didn't really actually told me about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Women always trying to like talk at you.
Speaker 3: So I suggested, listen, you do interior decorating my apartment. No decorate.
Speaker 2: He made her work, So you wanted to get free work.
Speaker 3: Listen. I thought that that was interesting.
Speaker 1: But if she's truly passionate about what she does, she probably enjoy doing that for you.
Speaker 2: What did she say? Did she do it?
Speaker 3: Well, she did come through and take a look, which was of my surprise. Well not really, because they called me Todd the bat, right, this is what I did.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm guessing the first girl was already gone by that time or what she hiding somewhere?
Speaker 3: So why do you think I was forty five minutes late? Brother? I had to make sure everything was clear, just in case something like this happened.
Speaker 1: Todd with a bod also has a brain's good.
Speaker 2: What was Monica's reaction when she walked into your apartment?
Speaker 3: Well, I did see her eyes open up a little bit to see how clean it was. You know, I don't know what kind of guy she deals with, but I didn't know that my lazy boy chair that I love so much. She didn't really take to that too. Well, I didn't like that.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, you're asking for an interior designer, right, not a comfort expert.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, she needs to know where these things belong. Okay, this is really like a part of me. I've had this college right.
Speaker 2: Wait? Okay, so you went ahead and argued with her about her opinions what you should have in your apartment after no.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, I did do any argument. Wanted to get the experience of the lazy Boy, so I had to sit down, and you know, I got a little close and wanted to see where things will go. But she was with that. She she kept it professional. Right.
Speaker 1: Isn't my understanding that you tried to put the moves on her while she was in the Lazy Boy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and those moves would be work, you know the lazy Boy when I lean it back.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, I can see it.
Speaker 3: After that, she just kind of got up and left, and I'm like, what what happened?
Speaker 4: Bro?
Speaker 5: After telling your story, do you feel like maybe you didn't spend enough attention on her?
Speaker 3: And I mean, I know I actually about her hair.
Speaker 2: And now I have a personality when we have hair and nails.
Speaker 1: Thank you for saying that, bro. Finally, it's nice that.
Speaker 2: You Yeah, all right, so you like her though, you want to go out with her more than once?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I thought she was beautiful.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, you have to have more than just your pretty to have chemistry with somebody, brother, you have to be able to back and forth.
Speaker 3: And we talked. She does great work. She showed me an Instagram stuff.
Speaker 1: And remember this segment isn't about like setting up lifelong loves. It's about getting a second date. Good boy. That's all that we're trying to do.
Speaker 3: So our boy to have lifelong love with her. I'll tell you that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in the back of your truck even maybe. So let's see what we can do for you. Let's put the lazy boy in that bed and really go to work. But we're gonna come back and we'll call Monica and get you your second date update. All right, Todd Bod hold on second date update. Big trucks, hardy brunch, and lazy boys that recline all the way back. That's the ideal first date for a guy for sure. Okay, but not sure how the ladies would feel about something like that. I mean we didn't ask. We was just saying not sure. Yeah, that's how I mean.
Speaker 2: I think that's the point. You didn't ask Monica either, He didn't any.
Speaker 1: That is how our listener, Todd the Bod rolled during his first date with Monica. The thing is he is man enough to admit mistakes were made.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did he actually say that. I don't know if I heard that. I thought it was like a little bit regretful about having the other woman at his house before she showed up.
Speaker 1: That's a big ask for a man to admit that he's a little bit regretful. Give him some credit. He's also man enough to have a radio show help him out with his dating life, broke. Is there any anything else that you want to tell Todd before we call Monica here?
Speaker 2: You know, Todd, you say that you are really interested in her. She is a beautiful woman. It just feels like maybe you need to be more in tune with her needs. Can you even ask a question? Yeah? Sure, Alexis that could be a good start. Can you do that, you think, Todd?
Speaker 1: Sorry, Todd didn't mean this to be an intervention.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're just trying to help you.
Speaker 3: Any attention from the ladies is good, you know, I mean, I take the coaching ladies. I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Okay, So you think I like that somebody who can listen to some constructive criticism, that's good.
Speaker 3: This is a good step, just for a few minutes, though, you guys, go on and on.
Speaker 2: Say, let's wrap this up.
Speaker 1: All right, Let's wrap it up and let's call Monica and see what she has to say, try and get you a second date. You ready, Todd, Let's do it all right? Here we go?
Speaker 3: Hello?
Speaker 1: Hey, is this Monica? Monica? Sorry to lean back and relax a little bit. Is this Monica chair?
Speaker 2: You're trying to be more manly right now.
Speaker 1: He's trying to play it cool.
Speaker 2: You're like man spreading Monica.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 2: Hi, Monica, I can't see.
Speaker 3: Hi. What's going on?
Speaker 1: You're on the coolest radio show in town? You know what show that would be? Monica answer?
Speaker 4: I have no clue and I'm a little nervous.
Speaker 1: She's playing it coy. I feel you, Monica. But you're on with Brook and Jeffrey in the morning right now?
Speaker 4: Okay, Hi, guys, what's going on?
Speaker 3: One?
Speaker 2: Hi, Monica. We just have some questions for you if you have some time.
Speaker 1: Question one, how do you feel about trucks?
Speaker 4: Gosh, they're fine?
Speaker 1: Okay. Question two, how do you feel about one of our listeners, Todd, who you ran out on a date with recently?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 6: Sweet Tie, that would never be Okay, we're doing something with him called a second date update, and he's trying to figure out why you two haven't reconnected for a second date.
Speaker 4: There's so many things. Was okay. There were some really good sweet things, you know, like he pulled up.
Speaker 1: Chair, he's too chivalrous for you.
Speaker 4: But he was late. He was super late for the day, and I waited for a really long time.
Speaker 2: I can't believe you were waiting that long. Did you think in that forty five minutes that he ditched you?
Speaker 4: Absolutely? I just was like, well, I'm gonna have a drink at the bar or whatever, like I might as well enjoy my like start my afternoon off right after being shut up as what I thought.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, and Todd did mention to us that he was really late, and he says he feels very very remorseful about that. Well, let's just tell me.
Speaker 4: At the time. I mean, I'm an interior designer. I can't be late to job right, and because of that, that carries into all my day, so I'm never late for anything. But I still went for it and was like, let me give him the benefit of the doubt.
Speaker 1: And it sounds like it must have been pretty good because the two of you ended up back at his place.
Speaker 2: Do people always ask you for help when you tell them you're an interior designer?
Speaker 4: They do? And I don't mind offering up help for that gets it's a gift, right, Like I have an idea like it? Okay, I don't mind sharing. So when he said, oh, I have my apartment needs to be redecorated, like I was weary because you know guys will say that and just want to get you to the house, I was like, let me again, give them the benefit of the doubt. Interesting, but okay, you know I definitely didn't. It definitely changed once I got there.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's what I think. That's what we're all most interested in. Like, what was it about being at his place that kind of turned you off? If you were turned off?
Speaker 4: Well, it was it was fine. We were just he was showing me the rooms and talking about the things that they wanted to do, and they changed in the rooms and and then he started talking about his lazy boy chair and I was like, okay, I'm not a family boy. But he was like, do you like it? And I was like, sure, it's nice. I didn't want to offend him. And then he started heading my hair, and he's like, I bet you do, and it started getting really wzy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you said for yourself right before, like thirty seconds ago, that this is what you knew was going to happen, but you wanted to do some benefit of the doubt thing.
Speaker 4: Yes, And I mean I didn't feel in safe uh huh. I kind of just like awkwardly got up. I'm like trying to get give myself a faith. And then he's like started talking about how he needs a new roommate and like, if you ever need one, if you need a roommate, I'm looking for a new one. And I was at that point, I was just I was like, you know what it's getting I have some things I gotta do. And I laugh.
Speaker 2: So it sounds like you, I mean, you were attracted to Todd. You like Todd. It just got too intense, too much, too soon.
Speaker 3: Yeah too.
Speaker 1: Oh well I don't want to I hope you can handle just a little bit more because hot Todd with a bot is actually on the other line right now and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 2: Know, you didn't see anything mean a.
Speaker 3: Hellol.
Speaker 2: She just said it was too much time.
Speaker 3: Don't love you doing love hearing that sweet little voice of yours. But I did over here.
Speaker 1: The voice is great time. Were you hearing the words that the voice?
Speaker 3: I mean, it's just sweet music every time she speaks.
Speaker 4: So yes, you know, I'm gonna have to just say this is I thought that me ignoring your phone calls and texts was enough for you to get the point like. It did not go well, no.
Speaker 3: It did not. You just needed to refresh, you know.
Speaker 4: And I know it seems like you're one of those guys as well. You don't take no for an answer.
Speaker 3: Oh you know, I think yeah that we had you know, you came over, Yeah, said Monica. Baby, let's baby, I think to what's going on? You have to understand when you have a great opportunity here listen, Todd Nod.
Speaker 2: You selling the truck? Are you selling yourself?
Speaker 3: No idea? How many guys do you me that has such a great interior like that? I mean, like I got my initials in the head rest O time, but I put it in there right.
Speaker 1: That is pretty cool? Monica. You don't want to look back on this with regret.
Speaker 2: I am.
Speaker 4: I am already regretting answering and staying on this phone call.
Speaker 6: Y'all, I don't why all.
Speaker 1: Right, to Todd, Todd, we need you. We need you to take a break. We need you to Todd, Todd, bro Tod, we need you to take a break from talking and just listen for a second, okay, because I need to ask Monica, would you like to go out with Todd for a once in a life? Hold on, Todd, hold on top, Monica. I want you to picture yourself leaning slowly back in a very comfortable lazy boy all right, and having the best night of your life with Todd never.
Speaker 6: Okay, do you understand that, Toddica, Babe, we get through this.
Speaker 4: Your number is going to be blocked on my phone. You do not call me again.
Speaker 3: These people get up too early in the morning. They're not really in the.
Speaker 1: Right So, Mom, it's sounding to me like Monica just missed out on another day with the world's most interesting man.
Speaker 2: Is that what it sounds like to you?
Speaker 1: That's how we're going to spin it today.
Speaker 2: If your truck is the most interesting part of you, I don't think.
Speaker 3: That you can claz I'm not. I don't really. That was funny, guys.
Speaker 1: It didn't work out for you this time, Todd. But maybe next time you always have the first girl.
Speaker 3: That's right, Hey, guys, I mean, where's the broco? Is there any broken? Sorry? I'm sorry right.
Speaker 1: Up here, You're right, you know what. This was my bad, je, that was my fault. I'm sorry, rookie Jeffrey in the morning, that second date update made me think of you know that famous saying, if at first you don't succeed, try try again.
Speaker 2: It's a terrible saying for this.
Speaker 1: Jef Todd added like eighteen hundred tries after the first three.
Speaker 2: And I love our listeners Todd, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: The listener in general. He just that's a good play. We just play in the background and he has no idea what we're saying. You just like a lot of these guys. Yeah, but there is something to be said about a man who knows what he wants.
Speaker 2: Are still trying to I'm just I don't know.
Speaker 1: Todd obviously does have some work to do on himself. If he could just shut up for two seconds, yeah, he might actually learn something.
Speaker 2: I mean, maybe there's a woman who doesn't like to talk that will find him.
Speaker 1: Well, there was a girl with him the night before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think they were talking. That's where the secret lies get right to business.
Speaker 1: But if you ever want to get a second date up date, remember you can always email the show. We'll call the person who isn't calling you back. Find all the second date updates on our podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just search Brooke and Jeffrey on Like, Spotify, Apple podcasts Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning