Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Reasonably SHAKEE d I am Joseelle Bryant.
Speaker 3: What's up? What's up?
Speaker 1: This is Robin Dixon. Thank you for being here with us once again. Yes, Yes, we appreciate your ears, your time. Yes, and we are full on in May, honey, may. We are like weren't we just in January? This insane. It's insane. It's really crazy.
Speaker 3: It's scary, and I feel like time is flying.
Speaker 1: It is, And you know, it's crazy when the kids say time is flying. Oh wow, that's a crazy word because I remember when as a kid it felt like time went really slow and time didn't really start flying until, like you became an adult. Yeah, but my kids are like, wait a minute, Ante, I'm like, oh my god, okay, so we both have all ready.
Speaker 2: What does your shirt say? Because I actually you can't you're trying to read it.
Speaker 1: I was, Yes, it says I may not be your cup of tea, but I'm someone's Henny straight.
Speaker 3: So is this to sell Hennessy?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 3: Is it a Hennessy shirt?
Speaker 1: No? Well, this is making any sense. I don't know. Listen, somebody gave it to me, okay, and I just put it on. Okay, okay, I made you though. I may not be your cup of tea.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: I may be someone's Henny straight.
Speaker 3: Henny straight that means Henny no chaser. Yes, okay, do you like Hennessy?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Hennessy's a lot. No, that's Porsche's drink.
Speaker 2: You write a record. Yeah, Porch love herself, I'll.
Speaker 1: Get you turned all the way up.
Speaker 3: Yeah and no. But but when Porch drinks Hennessey, it's a good turn up. It's hilarious.
Speaker 2: I cannot wait to see her back on real housewise. I've been a line tip.
Speaker 1: Yes, she's got a lot going on.
Speaker 2: She does, she does, and I'm sure Hennessy is gonna help her right anyway, all right, you got a shady moment? Can I give? I have several shady moments. I just want to throw them out there. Okay, go for it and.
Speaker 3: Just get it off my chest. Oh okay, run shoot.
Speaker 2: If I ask for Crispy bacon, don't serve me Chewy bacon.
Speaker 3: Okay, Crispy is I put.
Speaker 2: It in my mouth and I cryed, Yes, that's everything, and for those who don't eat bacon, so sad, too bad, right, because it's amazing. Okay, Okay, that's number one, and I think most people would agree. Yes, number two And yep, who asked for soft bacon?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Nobody wants chewy bacon?
Speaker 1: Soft bacon? Yeah, I've seen that. Like I've been like, I've been in a restaurant and the option was like, do you want your bacon crispy or soft? Yeah? And I'm like, who the asked for soft bacon?
Speaker 3: Well, for years, I didn't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know who I was with, and they I was with somebody in there ordered like baking, make sure it's crispy, and so they were like, oh yeah, crispy, and they wrote it down.
Speaker 3: I was like, wait a minute, is this the thing?
Speaker 2: Should I always be asking for krispy baking because that's all I want? So that's all I asked for christy bacon. If it ain't krispy, I'm sending it back. As a matter of fact, I was with like I say this. I was with Karen the other day. We both ordered like eggs and bacon, and I said to the waiter, I want my bacon crispy.
Speaker 3: So he was like cool.
Speaker 2: So when he brings the stuff out, I could see that mine that was the one that was crispier than the other. And he gave it to Karen and I immediately switched plates and she was like, just say, you taking my bacon? I said, yeah, because your plate ain't krispy. Mine is crispy because I requested krispy.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: So anyway, if if anybody has not tasted crispy bacon, you're doing yourself a disservice. And I recommend you get on a crispy bacon train.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's a huge difference, Yes, huge, huge.
Speaker 2: Anyway, another thing I have to say, I'm still on my shady moment. So my car's in the shop once again, and I have they gave me a loaner and the car is electric right, and I can't it's so quiet. I'm confused as to whether it's not. That's not the shady part. Shady part is it's low. It's low to the ground, so normal. What do you call those cars? Just like, yeah, Sedan's off of suckers, right. I have decided I need to be high. I need to be in an suv.
Speaker 3: I can't see, I can't I can't see you feel like like a loser.
Speaker 2: And it is mind you an amazing, beautiful car, but I feel just.
Speaker 3: Like it feels weird. I feel like I'm not important.
Speaker 2: So unless I'm overlooking you or looking on top of your forehead right then I'm not important.
Speaker 3: No, You're just You're just a number.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: I need my SUP because I'm not a sucker.
Speaker 1: I know, I know. It's it is so crazy. I love I feel safer in my SUP. Yes, and I definitely like being up high. But I really want like a sports car, but I don't know that you can. I don't know that can do it. Well.
Speaker 2: I would say take it for like a week, test driving for a week. They'll let you take it for that long. And because you it's a really a different feel.
Speaker 1: Yeah it is.
Speaker 3: And I know you've been driving it as you week forever.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So yeah, but I've had a sport like I've driven sports cars before. Yeah, but I mean that was before kids. Once I had kids, it's over that went out the window. Yes, all right, those those are my moment. Those are your shady moments, yes, okay, your shady thoughts, shady thoughts, shady thoughts. Yeah, so my shady moment belongs to my house. My house is less than three years old, and I already have to spend thousands of dollars on repairing my air conditioning unit.
Speaker 2: No, yes, but you wait a minute. I remember when you were getting it. Something was up or was that your washing machine something you mentioned your your air conditioning unit when they were putting it in.
Speaker 1: Really or wasn't.
Speaker 2: Your washing machine? I don't know, I can't I was something down there down in the basement.
Speaker 1: It was oh, oh, oh, that's that's the washing machine in the basement. They maybe did I say, how like the water the temperature, the hoses were flipped something, and so when you're supposed to be pouring cold, it's pouring hot and it was messing up a sensor. Okay, okay, no, this my air conditioning unit. Okay, the one upstairs. So we have two systems. So we have one system for the main level in the basement. Yeah, which is why the room wearing right now is you know, nice and cool. Yeah, feel the cooler upstairs in my my upstairs floor where all our bedrooms are is like a sauna right now. Because there is a leak somewhere. Oh, Jesus in the you know the pipes that goes from the god to learn all these terms, the condenser to the unit outside all that. I don't know the names, right, but this this system is less than three years old.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they're supposed to last ten to fifteen, right, I.
Speaker 1: Mean I shouldn't have been having to get them serviced yet. And so now I got to spend at least two thousand dollars for them to find the leak. They have to do, Yeah, they got to do something to find the leak. So they put Die through the system. The guy's actually like on his way here, So they put Die in the system. They find the leak, and they repair the leak, and that can be like a two thousand dollars repair.
Speaker 3: Okay, So who told you that that's the way to fix it?
Speaker 1: So he was he came, all right. So we had I noticed actually for a while now that my bed my room's upstairs was hot. I didn't really realize that my unit wasn't working properly. So we had it was really hot, like a couple of weeks ago, and it was like asana upstairs. So the guy came out and he said, I think you have a leak, and you can do one or two things. You can refill I guess it's the free on whatever the you know, Like he could tell by how much Frion was in the unit that there was a leak, because he's like, this is only this is less than three years old, Like you should have more than that. So he's like, I think you have a leak. So you can do one or two things. You can fill the free on back up and see how long that will last you. So it's a slow leak, it could last you a year throughout the summer or two years whatever, or you can find the leak now and just repair it.
Speaker 3: So my women, because if it's leaking, it's leaking where that might mess up your right.
Speaker 1: We don't know what's right. So my decision was to Okay, well let's fill it up and let's see if we can just last, if we can get through the summer. Two weeks later, it's a sauna in my house again. So I don't have a slow leak. I got a fast leak. Yes, So now he has to come back and find the leak. Jesus, he got bust some walls up right, and so now it's like so since that happened, now I know that he knows what he's talking about. Oh you know what I'm saying, Like he filled it back up. Now it's hot up there. It's not cooling like it should. So I'm like, Okay, this man, he's not trying to like get over on me. No, he's like telling me the truth or whatever. But I'm just like three years and so it's out of warranty. So that part the whatever, the part is where this leak is like that was under warranty for like a year maybe, and so now it's out of warranty. So I have to, oh, hold on the bucket.
Speaker 3: I'm just it don't stop. It doesn't stop.
Speaker 1: That's the thing about home ownership, Like you know, it's it's great to have your own home to build equity, but sometimes it doesn't. It's not a bad liken. Sometimes renting is not a bad thing, well for real.
Speaker 2: I mean if you're but if you're renting, you know, for me, what bothers me is like somebody has to come to your house, right, they gotta bust shit up, they got to fix it.
Speaker 3: Like that's annoying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I don't like about the whole thing.
Speaker 3: But if it's but if you're renting the same thing, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: If I'm renting, at least I don't have to pay two thousand dollars to just my ac somebody landlord does.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I want I wanted to share this with you because I'm going through this right now. You have children, Robbin, you might be going through this too. It's on the Instagram and it says parents, be like, I just checked your grades and it says you're failing to classes.
Speaker 3: He go to teenager. Nah, they just haven't updated. I get that all the time. I tell you, That's all I hear from Gracious l Bryant. Oh no, my, they haven't put my grade in yet. They haven't updated it yet.
Speaker 2: That's insanity to me. You're lying, I know, haven't. I get that all the time, all the time, all the time.
Speaker 3: It's like, if they.
Speaker 1: Haven't put your grade in yet, then it wouldn't be part of your grade, like it wouldn't. It wouldn't be affecting your grade right now. Like your grade, you would only be graded on what they've put in.
Speaker 2: Well no, but Grace always says, well no, she's missing a couple of things, and once she puts it in, it's gonna give me a boost, It's gonna give me a rose. And I'm like girl right lying, I okay, Corey and Carter through it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I get that one too.
Speaker 2: So Reggie Bush, we didn't talk about him. Oh yes, So Reggie got his husband back. He did now, and I know you you know this because you're sports lady. Why did he get it taken away?
Speaker 1: Okay, so he got it taken away. And I can't remember the exact details, but it was for you know, back then, supposedly, I think he was getting money from the school or from boosters.
Speaker 3: Oh, his parents got money from the boosters.
Speaker 1: I think they got somebody paid for like an apartment or a house or something like that. So it was as a college athlete at USC, he he and or his family received money because he was an athlete at USC. Gotcha. So maybe not directly from the school, but it could have been boosters of the school, or it could have been you know whatever, which he got the heusband back. Now because now all of that is legal, but why.
Speaker 2: Oh, because it can you can get money from boosters now, now that's why they gave it back.
Speaker 1: To essay. So now the rules have changed, and now these athletes are in college making millions of dollars some of them, yeah, and in IL and they're getting all these benefits and cars and whatever, and there's really like no regulation to it. And so it's like, well, you know, if it's legal now and that's the only reason why you got your hi'sman taken away, then you.
Speaker 3: Got to give it back.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now I saw on Instagram that there was like an uprise like.
Speaker 3: Give Reggie his heisman back?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, do you think he started it or no, it's just.
Speaker 3: What's fair fair.
Speaker 1: It was unfair to start with that they took it from him, yeah, because because when you think about it, how much money these athletes made these schools. Like he was a Heisman Trophy winner, which means he was a very successful football player, which means he brought so much money into the program.
Speaker 3: So so it was like it's just up to begin with.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So once the nil became legal in college sports, people were really like, oh shit, Like Reggie Bush got his heisman taken away because of that, and not only did his hisman get taken away, I think they won like their trope the team's trophy got taken away. Oh wow, like they won the national championship or something, but they like took it away. I think.
Speaker 3: I mean that's rue, that's aggressive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a lot and it was like damn, but they it's unfair. It was unfair.
Speaker 4: I want to thank my beautiful wife for just being my stress reliever, keeping me driven to want to make sure I get this trophy back so I can show my kids so that they could see it for the first time. Today was the first time they saw the Heisman Trophy. The first thing they said it was dang, it's big.
Speaker 1: So crazy is I think about when Wam was in college the amount of money he could have made if nil was legal. Oh yeah, you know, because it's the Jersey sales and the appearances. He couldn't even get paid to sign to do an autograph signing, yes, which was like coked up, like y'all want them to sign all these autographs and there are people who want to pay them to show up to sign autographs, but that would be.
Speaker 2: Illegal right now, that's not fair. Yeah, yeah, you should be able to get your your money. Holding people hostage, yeah is not cool. No, And it's not just limited to sports, and I'll leave that there.
Speaker 1: Moving on, right, It's like the control, how much you want to control people and what they do and how much they can benefit.
Speaker 2: It's like it's yeah, okay, so this is this intrigued me. So Chinese public toilets now can scan your urine for health problems.
Speaker 1: Oh that's neat, is it? I like that? But okay, so you you you go public? Is this like a private toilet?
Speaker 3: Is that public is?
Speaker 1: Like? No?
Speaker 3: Wait, okay, three dollars for the service.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you.
Speaker 2: Can go being a public thing and then you I guess they catch it and you go off and you get your results, all right, but like, let's say your results come back you're dying.
Speaker 1: And what then do you do?
Speaker 2: Let's say your insults come back and you are not the foe?
Speaker 1: Right, So then you go to the doctor and you get your blood work done. I mean, I guess you imagine you go and it tells you you're pregnant, or it tells pregnant, I mean all kinds of things that's kind of that would kind of freak me out. But I think I would be the type of person that would go every week.
Speaker 3: Of course, you would rab it, of course you would. I think I would. I think I would.
Speaker 1: I would go test that out every week.
Speaker 2: But like, if they're doing this, like seriously, because the Asians are Asian have always been five thousand steps ahead. So if they're providing this service and doing this, can you imagine what else they got going on over there?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Like everybody's clearly brushing their teeth with their legs, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: That's number one.
Speaker 1: Number two they've been doing that.
Speaker 2: They've been doing that. Number two, like what kind of weapons do they have over there?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What kind of all kinds of things today? The technology I will never forget.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: I've told this story before.
Speaker 2: When I went to Shanghai and I went to this was I wasn't even married to Jamal yet we went to we went to Hong Kong and we were in so this had to be to Let's just say it was two thousands, ok. We were in the subway like underground, and all of them are on their phone just to chit chatting away.
Speaker 3: No no dead spots. Oh wow, No, I can't hear you.
Speaker 2: Really and we couldn't actually in the United States at that time hear you if you went by like the woods right right, if you went into like a high traffic area with a bunch of people, your service was out.
Speaker 3: We were undergrown.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 2: So I just was like, Wow, they're fascinating me because I was like, there are light years ahead of Yes they are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's interesting.
Speaker 2: Them and the Aliens totally past the United States.
Speaker 3: Okay, someone told me the story his I have.
Speaker 1: I know a guy whose son is playing basketball over in China. Yeah, and he sends home, like you know, all these like Chanel bags for like one hundred dollars, like all this type of stuff, right, And so one of them broke. One of the Chanel bag bags broke because it was fake because sure, yeah, Well they took it to the Chanelle's store to get repaired. Yeah, and they said, oh well we can't fix it and we don't have this style anymore, but we can give you the money back for it, or you can get something else.
Speaker 3: They didn't know it was fake.
Speaker 1: If if they tried to figure out whether it was fake, Yeah, it passed as an as an authentic bag.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's craane.
Speaker 2: Yes, listen, listen, we better leave who's running China these days?
Speaker 3: King Jung is that is that not its career.
Speaker 2: Whoever's running China, We're gonna leave y'all alone, y'all light years Yeah, passed us.
Speaker 3: Now this, I'm down for this.
Speaker 2: Miss Elliott announced that she's going on tour with Missy Timberland, Sierra, and Buster Rhymes.
Speaker 3: I'm going to the show. That would be fun.
Speaker 1: Sierra pregnant or she had she already had the baby, Okay, yeah, oh that would be fun.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, because like, let's think about the hits that Missy.
Speaker 1: Music, just the like, just think about how you would just be non stop, just dancing getting it. I was working out yesterday and a Missy Elliott song came on and I just started dancing in the middle of my work. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you remember when she did the Super Bowl?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yes, oh yeah, amazing. Yes, So I'm here for that tour. I'm going to be getting tickets.
Speaker 3: I'll let you know.
Speaker 2: Okay, you said Sierra, Missy Timberland, temp Buster Rhymes. Buster I feel only has one song.
Speaker 3: That's his song.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everybody else what I'm talking about, right, And actually it's a Chris Brown song. So you better bring Chris Brown. That would be fun.
Speaker 3: Yes, Okay, So there's a place in Italy.
Speaker 2: I mean, this restaurant in Italy is giving diners a free bottle of wine if they give.
Speaker 3: Up their phone.
Speaker 2: Whither reading Okay, shouldn't you be doing that anyway?
Speaker 1: Why you gotta get at that bad in Italy?
Speaker 2: I gotta get blackmail to give up your phone?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 1: Is that bad?
Speaker 2: And because apparently people are like looking at their phones like every five seconds. And I do know people that are addicted to their phone. And you can if anybody who has a phone can feel when you're being addictive to your phone, right you know what I'm talking. Yeah, you're like, oh my god, I picked up my phone like fourteen times.
Speaker 1: I keep looking at it. Yes, it's I go through It's like a sequence. I open, I look at my text message, look at my mail, and then I look at Instagram, and then I look at my bank account.
Speaker 3: I was like, ah, ship, I didn't want money.
Speaker 1: No. But it's like crazy, like a sequence. Yeah, just like it's like automatic. You just go boom boom boom from like app to app to app to app. And then I'm like, I just did this three minutes ago.
Speaker 2: Nothing has changed, right, So am I looking for? So I think like, if you have like a two hour break, if you're like eating for two hours, I guess at a restaurant, that's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but but it's so crazy because my kids recently were like, so, because they've been watching a television show that I shouldn't admit that I allowed that. I've allowed them to watch what is it? Snowfall?
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 3: But no, well, how old is Carter?
Speaker 1: Fourteen? Yeah? Fourteen, he's old enough for it. Yeah, they know better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Snowfall is really good, right.
Speaker 1: I'm like, Carter, it's right, you can watch it. I don't think you're going to become a drug kingpin. It's okay.
Speaker 3: So, but they give you all the tools, they tell you what they too.
Speaker 1: He's like asking me about cooking crack and stuff.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. So okay.
Speaker 1: So anyway, so they're watching it, and you know, there weren't cell phones back then, because it's like set in like the eighties, right or whatever, and so he was like, they were like, what did you all do when you didn't have cell phones?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: What is y'all?
Speaker 1: He's like, what did you look at when you were on the toilet? What did you? And I said, first of all, you don't look at your phone when you're on the toilet.
Speaker 3: No, my phone's not in the bathroom ever, really never.
Speaker 1: Oh you're like in and out Like number two.
Speaker 3: I just sit there and go and just with the wall.
Speaker 2: It just comes right out like I'm not in there, like, oh I need to be entertained. But I do know a lot of people that needed to read a magazine or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I used to before you know, we had all the stuff on our phones. I used to have a rack of magazines in my bathroom. Okay, and that's like in touch Us weekly people, And that's what I would that's really weird. I would read.
Speaker 2: So when it does not come out unless you're reading something, unless you're entertained by something else.
Speaker 1: It's sometimes it's not instant. Oh you need a little, you know, a little distraction.
Speaker 3: Okay, like I want to sit there and think about life.
Speaker 1: No, okay, no, okay, yeah, you need a distraction, so like come out okay. Yeah. Like, and I can't have music on. If there's music on it, it needs to be off.
Speaker 2: That's a distraction. Yeah, no music, just phone. But what don't just read? I just need to read, Okay, just read.
Speaker 3: You're a man.
Speaker 1: Do you do know that? Right?
Speaker 3: I just want you to know, just in case you were you.
Speaker 1: Forgot Okay, I'm sure there's plenty of other women.
Speaker 3: I don't think matter facts. Let us know.
Speaker 2: Let us know.
Speaker 3: Send us an email.
Speaker 1: If you read, if you look on your phone, or you read magazines, or you used to read magazines right while?
Speaker 2: Why and if you need that in order to go number two? Yeah, let us know, because I feel like that's a male thing.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're going to find out from our listeners.
Speaker 1: We'll find out.
Speaker 3: But my kids were just so perplexed.
Speaker 1: They were like, what did y'all do without cell phones? Right now?
Speaker 2: I'm perplexed too now that I have one, right, yeah, right, And I'm like, yeah, we would just sit around and talk. We would talk, we would communicate. We'd be on the phone, did we do We'd be on the phone connected to the wall.
Speaker 1: Right right, Yes, we would be on the phone, yes to the wall.
Speaker 3: Yes, which was sad.
Speaker 2: Okay, Now, before we get into our questions, our listener feedback, there's oh lord, I did something crazy.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So there's five cities. Okay, So when you retire, where do you want to live?
Speaker 1: Maybe California, like subtly southern California. Okay, yeah, I would say Florida. Okay, so my parents, my uncle, and my cousin have homes in Sarasota. Yes, so my parents have been spending a lot of time in Sarasota. They really like it. But it's Florida, right, yeah, Okay, in Florida, So I would you know one of them would be Florida. But I think California, like I like the milder weather, okay Florida.
Speaker 2: Florida can get a little hot. Yeah, so here's the top five. Okay, I but have you ever thought, oh, at this age, I want to move. That thought had actually never crossed my mind.
Speaker 1: I want to move every day every day. I want to leave here even Okay, I really like we we live in one of the best areas. I do believe that we live in one of the best areas in the country. I hate the weather. I hate it.
Speaker 3: I hate them.
Speaker 1: I like the seasons, but it's like extreme. The summers are extreme. I hate the humidity, yes, and I hate cold. Our winters haven't been that bad, right, yeah, but I do hate the cold, cold, cold, cold winters. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But if you go to a Florida or California. You're not getting the seasons. You're just getting one thing. And that's okay, you would love that.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So top five places to retire, there's a list, Robin, okay, and it we'll go five. We'll go five, first to one.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Fort Loida, del Florida, Okay, which we could see that. Yeah, it makes sense. Cost of living kind of low.
Speaker 1: Ye.
Speaker 2: Saint Petersburg, Florida, Okay, which I'm not even sure where that is. I don't know either, Okay, I think I'm saying it's wrong. Metairie, Meti Rae, Louisiana. Oh so there's some place in Louisiana.
Speaker 1: Various.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna look it up and like check out, like what's great there? Clear Water, Florida is number two. Okay, so Florida is just like, yeah, Florida's what.
Speaker 3: They call it.
Speaker 1: What do they call people that actually, well, oh no, it's like the people that go to Florida in the wintertime and then come back.
Speaker 3: Those are north called birds something, not boomers.
Speaker 1: They're called.
Speaker 2: They called something, yes, like something birds, snow snow birds, Yeah, snowbirds, snowbirds, snowbirds snow Bird.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right. Yeah, number one, Where do you think?
Speaker 1: Number one?
Speaker 3: Sarasota, Florida. No, Scottsdale, Arizona.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, And I have spent a lots of years ago. I spent some time in Arizona, and I love Arizona.
Speaker 1: I've never been.
Speaker 3: It's dry, it's upscale.
Speaker 2: You know, you have your fine shops and all that. You have your spots that are just like freaking ridiculous. But you know, Arizona got some issues.
Speaker 3: What are the issues?
Speaker 2: I don't I don't think they like beat black people. They don't like people of color, they like people of color, they don't like if you're gay. They don't think they're conservatives. Arizona's conservative, I think, I think. So someone to do some more research. But Scottsdale, Florida, Florida has issues too, true.
Speaker 3: So I don't know what we're gonna do, all right, I want so you don't.
Speaker 1: Want to leave here? You don't, you don't think?
Speaker 2: Well, I need to start thinking about it, because I never thought about it before. I guess I was just gonna not never retire, right, So so I don't know.
Speaker 3: I need to start thinking about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I want to go somewhere.
Speaker 3: For me, it's more the.
Speaker 1: It's not necessarily the weather in the wintertime, it's the gloominess.
Speaker 3: But you know it's like you wait, it's just.
Speaker 1: When it's like dark and gloomy and cloudy, and because you know that really affects me. I've I've diagnosed myself with seasonal depression. Yes, so.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you, just like a man. See she did herself.
Speaker 2: She didn't diagnose herself, she said, she said a doctor did not diagnose her. Oh she took a test or something. Yes, yeah, she did something. Have you tested yourself for seasonal depressions?
Speaker 1: Yes? Okay, when when I wake up I want to go back to sleep, that's the test. Yes, I don't want to leave the house. Okay. So so because of that, it's the seasonal thing, like the gloominess. That's why I want to move. Yeah, and I think southern California in Florida would be okay, I actually I really think southern California.
Speaker 3: And what age is that that you are quote retired? Is that sixty five?
Speaker 1: I mean that varies for everybody. Yeah, I want to go sooner than later. Okay, so next year let me get my kids off to college. Yeah, okay, yeah, once the kids are off the college, then everything it's a whole new Robin. Yeah, everything's on the table.
Speaker 3: Okay, Oh I love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah all right, So Robin, we got some people people didn't writ nus.
Speaker 1: Yes, listen to somebody. We get so many listener emails, yes, we do. And I know we've said this before, like, I'm sorry that we don't get to them all. We're actually considering adding a segment, another little mini episode throughout the week so that we can just reach all emails. But for right now, we're reading your emails on the on the regular episode.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, okay, because we have plenty yes, all right, Hi, Jase Ellen, Robin on And this is from Asher Hi ascher an episode one three, y'all discussed about reasonably shady listeners overseas, and I would just like to tell you that there's a listener of reasonably shady in Asia, Asia.
Speaker 3: I mean we need to ask as have they checked his p.
Speaker 1: Right, Asher, You've got to be more specific and tell us Asia is an Asia continent, yes, yes, a continent with multiple countries. Yes.
Speaker 2: So then Asher says, keep recording the and keep it real signed a oh a Singaporean listener of Reasonably Singapore Singapore Okay, Singapore, shout out to Singapore. Whoo whoo woo woo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we like that. That is so awesome every time we hear from people who listen to the podcast, especially from out of the country.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it's like we know that we obviously have listeners. We got a lot of listeners from Potomac, but I don't think Potomac's and Singapore possibly not possibly not Okay, So it's kind of like you randomly like just came across, yeah, the podcast.
Speaker 1: But we've had I've had people, you know, tell us I've never watched Potomac a day in my life and I stumbled across Reasonably Shady and I liked it. And I'll tell you guys, yeah, I love that.
Speaker 3: That's super cool.
Speaker 1: I love that. Okay. So this is because we know them people, y'all. We talked about everyday things that you can relate to.
Speaker 3: Yes, we do.
Speaker 2: Okay, So this is from oh this I really want to read this E L L y Ellie?
Speaker 1: Is that right? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I thought was, oh, because why is I E or? Okay?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Ellie?
Speaker 1: What up?
Speaker 3: Ellie?
Speaker 2: And this worked for me, all right, and this is in all caps. Please read my fan mail. Okay, good morning Robin and Gizelle. Mind you Ellie, you spell my name wrong? Is g I z E l l E? You spell Robin's right?
Speaker 3: With a Why? Why can't you spell my right?
Speaker 1: But because they usually get Robin wrong?
Speaker 3: Well, no, they've been getting you right. Some people are like to spell the I.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I'm been.
Speaker 2: A super fan of the Green Eye baddies. We're not bandits, We're baddie.
Speaker 1: I like that too.
Speaker 2: Since I first laid eyes on both of you this in season one of our hop it really bothers me that too, that you two are very misunderstood on the show. And it also sends me that Robin won't be on the show either. She has this resilience, such class and an urban thing to her as in she gets hood.
Speaker 3: She she got some hood in her.
Speaker 1: Y'all, Yes I did, y'all.
Speaker 3: Yes, you will be missed.
Speaker 2: Best believe though, I will say loyal to y'all and continue to sport anything y'all do and listen to Reasonable Shady forever. You two are so funny, charming and relatable. Bravo has me up this.
Speaker 1: This is hilarious.
Speaker 2: Okay, this show will be reasonably whack without robbing the green Eyed Baddy. Just wanted to write you, ladies, because, like I said, I have been around.
Speaker 3: I have been r O D. I have been a r O.
Speaker 2: D since day one, A so we have I don't know what that means r O D reasonably Is this a typo?
Speaker 3: No, it's our period O period D period.
Speaker 1: Right or die?
Speaker 2: She said, I've been a r O D.
Speaker 1: Are we abbreviating right or die right now?
Speaker 2: Yeaes obi it r O D write a die okay, since she's been a r O D ride a die day one. And I also wanted to send my deepest condolences to yourself for the asking on her beloved father home.
Speaker 3: By the looks of what I saw on the show, Oh he was a great man and a great father.
Speaker 1: Yes he was.
Speaker 2: And also congrats for Gracie. This is a long one, y'all for Gracie getting exceptions into college. I hope I get to hear this email on the next episode of reasonsab Me Shady.
Speaker 3: Please don't ever.
Speaker 2: Stop making content because y'all are so fun, interesting, relatable, and talk about relevant issues.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Okay, I really want this. I really want to.
Speaker 2: End right here, but I'm gonna keep going because Ellie is like I feel like Ellie is punking me right now because mind you, this whole thing is almost.
Speaker 3: In all caps, so she's streaming at me. Okay, she's excited, Yeah, she says, it's oh, very exciting.
Speaker 2: And yes, in this new generation, little boys are in their sassy era. I don't even know what that means, and will never ask you for oh okay, they will never ask you for your number, but they will ask you for your Instagram. This is so wild, so wow, try to holler. But if you dubbed them, ignore them. They'll throw a fit, be sassy about it and even call you ugly because they can't handle rejection.
Speaker 3: Or they'll do number two. The dude. Oh, she said number two.
Speaker 2: The dude was definitely not wrong, because he still reached out and opened the door for Shorty to get in. Shorty, who is Ellie? She's definitely going doing much.
Speaker 3: I don't know what that means.
Speaker 2: The side chick, she's going down everything that we talked about. Okay, the side chick one day, one day to live scenario y'all's book. Oh okay, okay, all right, this is this is the last paragram.
Speaker 3: This good, this lady's funny, all right, that's all.
Speaker 2: Ladies can't wait to keep hearing and keeping up with y'all, especially you, Robin living My Life reasonable or shady, love y'all both.
Speaker 3: And then she has hashtag a bunch of people.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna say their names, okay, blee blea, yes, okay, plead, then hashtag green Eyed Barbies, Barbies, love y'all, green Eyed Batties, green eye bandits.
Speaker 3: Okay, Ellie from New York. Of course you're from New York, Ellie.
Speaker 1: Right, Ellie was going on, Okay, Ellie, I want to know how old you are to Ellie.
Speaker 3: True, but she's curious.
Speaker 2: But she's I think I think it's she's correct, and that guys feel more comfortable saying hey, what's your Instagram handle?
Speaker 1: Right? Yeah, yeah, because they don't want the rejection, and then when they get the rejection, they want to, like, you know, yes, get get mad and call you ugly. That that definitely happens. That's so crazy.
Speaker 2: I mean, getting mad and calling you ugly is kind of like intense because then they're gonna be like, well, I ain't want I wasn't trying to holland I was just wanting to be a friend.
Speaker 1: You ugly anyway, that's what that's what it is. But that's the thing. Like, Okay, if you like, if someone said can I get your what's your Instagram? And you're like, oh, I have a boyfriend, then that's when they're like, I don't want you. Yeah, ugly, you got ugly feet. Yeah, stuff like that. Okay, Yeah, listen, we have an eighteen year old listener. This is so crazy. We are listen.
Speaker 3: We have our demographics all.
Speaker 2: Over the place, all over because my mama listens and she's in her seventies. Yes, so we got from eighteen in the seventies.
Speaker 1: We do. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And if y'all say, or can't really count my mother because it's my mother, it's not true. She is counted.
Speaker 1: Yes, she is definitely counted. Sky Allen says Hi Jazellen Robin, I'm Sky, I'm eighteen and I was listening to your latest podcast and the story about asking for your Instagram. If a guy asked for your Instagram, nine out of ten he's trying to get with you. And most people prefer to give away the Instagram rather than their number. On another note, I love you guys in the podcast. Okay, so this is a thing so close.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I actually like it because it's a buffer. Right, yeah, it's it's like my my, my, what do you call it?
Speaker 3: My assistant?
Speaker 1: My assistant is Instagram. So I think we have another I don't know. I did read an email that we got and they were like, it's it's the Instagram thing is cool because if they reach out to you on Instagram and you don't like them, you can block them. Yeah, but if you give them your number and you don't like them and you block them, they can still call you from other numbers.
Speaker 3: Right, didn't think about that. Yes, yeah, that's important.
Speaker 1: But they can also Well so now, I guess supposedly when you block someone, it blocks any Instagram account that they've created. I don't know. Somehow Instagram knows, like how many Instagram accounts you have? Oh?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 1: Yeah that's connected to you? So like do you know how people have?
Speaker 3: Yeah? No way, Yeah, so Instagram has figured out fenced us.
Speaker 1: So it said, so when you block someone, it says you'll block that account and any other account associated with that account.
Speaker 2: I love that you didn't know that. No, I did not know that. Yeah, yeah, I don't have a fence to well mean neither.
Speaker 1: But but when you block some you don't block people.
Speaker 2: I normally restrict. Oh yeah, okay I block what was it called? Yeah, I normally restrict.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, Well, when you block someone, it'll say this account and any other account associated with this account will be blocked.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I like, well, he's it's funny. Andy Cohen told me to restrict. He said, don't block people, justll just restrict them. And I'm like, why, because they can get mad when you block them. No, well, he was saying, they can still see how amazing you are, and they don't even know they're restricted.
Speaker 1: They don't even know that no one.
Speaker 2: Sees their nasty ass comments. And you can then decide whether or not you want to approve it or delete it.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's on me whether I want to prove it or delete it.
Speaker 1: Oh. So you still see it though, but it's it's stated, it's faded. It's not hidden.
Speaker 2: This what's hidden to the word to everybody else, But it's faded to me, and I'll see and it'll say underneath the restricted account. So if I have time, I'll hit it and if I like what it says, i'll approve it.
Speaker 1: Or not got it? Yeah, okay, No, people get mad when you block them. They do absolutely so crazy to me. I'm like, you clearly said something, yeah that caused you to be blocked.
Speaker 3: Yes, and now now you're mad. Now you're mad. So so yeah, that I think is yeah, that might have been white.
Speaker 2: And he was like, no does I don't block anybody? Okay, all right, okay, so have I got one? This is from Ron Brownie, Hi, Robin, and Jaell A couple of episodes ago, I wrote to you to educate you.
Speaker 3: I think it's just brown.
Speaker 1: It's he has on the end.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's brown, Ron Brown, Okay, not Brownie. And the subject matter says, I have to decline Giselle's offer for a date. Now that's the subject matter. And I'm going to read y'all the email because that's actually bold. All right, So Ron Brown says to me a couple of episodes ago, I wrote to you to educate you, since neither of you man's is would or could on how to get your windshield chips fixed for free by your insurance company and the process used. Giselle asked if I could shade, Yeah, total shade this whole, this whole thing I'm reading right now.
Speaker 3: It's shade shade Ron.
Speaker 2: Okay, Then, he says. Giselle asked if I could let her know if I was single or married. He says, I am happily married fifteen years to what many consider a quite gorgeous woman. So for legal reasons, I must decline the offer of a date. Legal reasons, legal, legal, because you want to talk about for committed reasons, for committed reasons for he said, but be advised that if I were single as fine as you are, i'd work you like a rib at a black cookout in the South in July.
Speaker 1: Yo.
Speaker 2: What am I reading, y'all?
Speaker 1: Just see her face as she reads it. What is that not?
Speaker 2: It would work me like a rib at a black cookout? Jib Ron, You didn't you do the most?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: Right now we need you to send pictures.
Speaker 1: Yes, Ron, so you're and your beautiful gorgeous wife that everyone says it's gorgeous that eating ribs. Yes, it is illegal for you to talk to me because you got this illegal.
Speaker 3: Okay, Two things Okay? Then he says two things or three.
Speaker 2: Whoever on your staff that is responsible for timely uploads to your YouTube channel may need to be fired. Ron, I want you to know that's Robinson. No, that's Carly now. Oh it's Carly's yes, okay, Carl, who's not here right now? Carly said Carl about to be going.
Speaker 1: Carly said I got the YouTube.
Speaker 3: She got the YouTube, but she's not here today.
Speaker 1: Shock.
Speaker 2: Okay, So he said, you are missing the April episode where I provided the windshield guidance.
Speaker 3: Oh he wanted to see us, he about him. Yeah, Ron wants he went to see it.
Speaker 2: Ron, Yeah, I thought he was too busy fascinating about licking me like a rib at the black cookout, or.
Speaker 1: Or holding hands with his beautiful, gorgeous wife.
Speaker 2: Yes, all right, Then he says, if it's Robin who is responsible, then never mind what I said, as she's already been fired once this year from a job.
Speaker 3: You are shady, right, you are shady. You know what Okay?
Speaker 2: He said? Number number two, Yes, young girls, giving out I G handles is the current thing. In the late nineties, it was giving out email addresses.
Speaker 3: That's true, is it?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: I have done that.
Speaker 2: Okay, in the two thousands, it was giving out your Facebook name, and back in the back in your day, it was giving out just the seven digits to your home phone number.
Speaker 1: With the curly cord your landline.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the yellow phone in the kitchen wall. My phone was not yellow, it was like off white.
Speaker 3: Okay, number three.
Speaker 1: Your parents would answer and they'd have to go through your parents to get to you, to.
Speaker 3: Get to it, and which I kind of like me too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got stories about that. My father had everybody shook.
Speaker 3: Oh you think my dad did.
Speaker 1: He had them shook, but he also got them together so that moving forward. They had manners. They knew how to speak to adults. They knew how to greet people, right. But if someone called and said, is Robing there, he'd be like, excuse me, yeah, you need to say hello, doctor Bragg.
Speaker 3: Yes, may I.
Speaker 1: Speak to Robin. Yeah?
Speaker 3: My dad'd be like, hello, who are you right be calling my house? That's where it's jaselle.
Speaker 1: But now the kids they don't even get those lessons. No, no, they just all they don't know how to speak to adults. Okay.
Speaker 2: Finally, Ron says, and lastly it's number three. And lastly, I still enjoy your podcast, Ron, geez great to listen to to pass time in traffic or while jogging. And it's not three hours long like so many podcasts. Okay, he appreciates the time, Yes, but I would ask that Jazelle stop saying okay the way she says it till next time your pal.
Speaker 3: He wants to call himself a pal. You are joking from.
Speaker 2: The fact that Robin got fired. You're telling me what you say and not to say. You're telling me that your wife is all that and you would be illegal to talk to me. But you want to lick me like a black like a read about a black cookout. Ron.
Speaker 3: As a matter of fact, if you don't send us a picture, stop listening. You know what, Ron is my type of guy.
Speaker 1: I could Ron. I could see myself hanging out with Ron and kicking in and laughing and joking and he's gonna get on me and talk about me, and I'm gonna talk right back about him. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So so we have to not have what podcast is three hours long?
Speaker 1: There's a lot of them that are really long. Really, Yeah, I don't have a kind of attention span. You listened to Amanda Seals for three hours.
Speaker 2: I did, I did, but she was talking some good shit and Kat Williams Albue was r he was talking good shit.
Speaker 1: I definitely don't have a tennis man for that.
Speaker 2: No, okay, So I want you all to know that Robin has a car detailer here detailing Robin and Want's car.
Speaker 3: Yes, so I pull up.
Speaker 2: I am blinded by how shiny these cars are. Like, whoever this man is, he knows what the hell he's doing.
Speaker 1: They do a good job.
Speaker 2: Yes, I could eat. I could get this a mirror. The cars look like a marror. I can get dressed in front of these cars. I eat on them.
Speaker 3: They are immaculates. Okay, So whoever he is, you need to give him a shot out.
Speaker 1: So shout out on the Spot Detailing if you live in Maryland. They're based in Howard, Yeah, Howard County. So on the Spot Detailing, and they have a they have a physical location, but they also are have mobile service, so they come to you.
Speaker 3: Okay, yep, okay, this is the last one.
Speaker 1: This is just for you, Robin.
Speaker 2: Hi, Robin, this is from Lord Dina. I listened to the show weekly and love love you and Jaselle so much. On r HLP you two can do no wrong. In my eyes, I'm obsessed.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: What was the food sensitivity test you did?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: You mentioned it on REASONA mi shady, and I'd like to read about it as we have been considering a similar test.
Speaker 3: Thank you, and have a great Sunday.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, so it was so my nutritionists recommended it. But let's see, I believe it was. The company is called Infinite Allergy last okay, so yes, so I did a fast test, so it's by Infinite Allergy Labs. The test was the food Allergy and Sensitivity Test. So if you go to their website, find the test and you can figure out, you know, how to get it done. I think I took I think I took it into like a lab and have my blood drawn and then they sent it in and then they send the results. Okay, so yeah, so check that out. And by the way, a lot of people ask me for my nutritionists information. Her name is Kristin Blake. She lives in Florida, so I work virtually with her. Oh yeah, so you can work with her anywhere. I think she's starting a program pretty soon, like for like a group kind of consulting type of situation anyway, So go to her Instagram. It's Kristin k R I S T E N blake b l A k E Wellness and then you'll see like information on all the services that she provides. And I went to college with her, so you know, Oh so she's a friend. Yeah yeah, okay, well yeah kind of. I mean, you know, loose loosely friend. She was Wan's I think I said this before, Wan's teammates college basketball teammates girlfriend who then they played in the NBA together as well, and so she was his wife. So like I've known her for a long time, so I'm just I'm just saying that to say, like.
Speaker 3: I know her.
Speaker 1: She's good people, Yeah, good person to work with.
Speaker 3: Okay. So before we get out of here, somebody we asked we go ahead.
Speaker 1: I got a shout out.
Speaker 3: Oh please, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Before you get the shout out, I just want to say, guys, we love all of you all, and if you write us something and we don't read it, it's not because we don't love you. It's just because y'all have not threatened us to read it. We we don't respond to threats.
Speaker 3: Okay, So there you go.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I had to give a little backstory. I had a customer, Ashley shout out to Ashley Matthews. Ashley ordered a T shirt. She got the wrong size. The wrong size was in the bag. It wasn't my fault. It was the person who put the shirts in the baggies. I'm not gonna say who it was, but it wasn't me. Anyway, she received the wrong shirt, and when she let us know she received the wrong shirt size and she wanted the correct size, we were sold out of her size. So she's very upset, very upset.
Speaker 3: She said.
Speaker 1: I appreciate the refund, but at the same time, I would have greatly appreciated the right size shirt. Maybe when you restock, can I get put on a list or something. I love you guys and was kind of upset, and I listened to your podcast every single Monday. Can I get a shout out? Maybe that would make me very happy. My name is Ashley Matthews, m A T e W S m A T T h e WS Matthews. So, Ashley Matthews, here's your shout out. So sorry, you got the wrong side shirt and we don't have the right size to place it or we're going to fix the problem and you're going to get a shirt eventually. But in the meantime, I hope you feel better.
Speaker 2: Right and we love you Ashley, Yes, yes, and you have threatened us, so therefore we gave you a shout out.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, it should be a round.
Speaker 1: Now, don't go on Instagram talking about us.
Speaker 3: Okay do you think she did.
Speaker 1: I don't know. You know how people say, yeah, well I ordered the shirt the throne side they head size.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So so so Ashley asked that we give her shout out. So we're asking you, Ashley, to give us a good review. Yes, get it's a give and take relationship. So Ashley, it's on you to give us a good review. Where could she give us a recod review? Okay, somewhere just I don't have it. Tell everybody what amazing. I don't think I set up reviews on the website.
Speaker 3: Okay, So then you just go like.
Speaker 1: On a Instagram on a reasona shady post and be like he'd be like, hey, they are it's the customer service. Wait a minute, she could do something on Apple.
Speaker 3: Oh that's what she needs to do.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, rate and review the podcast.
Speaker 2: Rate yes, rate and review the podcast and say that we are amazing, yes the end, Yes we are.
Speaker 1: And if you happen to want to purchase merch the customer service is top tier.
Speaker 2: Top tier, so get your merch on. So Ashley, you got to do all of that, get your merch on. Customer service top ten. Customer service department is Robin okay, so handing your business.
Speaker 1: In the meantime we will restock. I know we out decided again.
Speaker 2: All right, we out of here, guys, because we you know, the reason why we out of here is because Ron Brown told us we cannot make this long, so we gotta go.
Speaker 3: Yes, we are out of here because of Ron. We want to make Ron happy.
Speaker 1: Otherwise he's going to write some more shade.
Speaker 2: So don't ever forget to live your life either reasonable or shakey or boa finely. Reasonably Shady is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows
Speaker 2: And you can connect with us on social media at Robin Dixon, ten, Giselle Bryant, and Reasonably Shady