Speaker 1: Our conversation is presented by Uber eats. You know I love them. Get GameDay deals all season long on uber eats. All right. Fresh off a week vacation, which was a semi vacation, I went to Montecito, which is up north of LA by about an hour and a half and hung out with my wife for about four days. Then we went to Chicago, where we just were, you know, fixing a new house. As people know, I'm moving some of my stuff there and so most people go to Sun and Golf. I went into like twelve degrees, but I had a great time. I went to a Sun's Bulls game Saturday night. Met Justin Isa, the Mattasbia owns the Phoenix Suns. Justin Justin his brother Ishbia, met him.
Speaker 2: Really, we're trying to buy the White Sox. He's trying to buy the White Sox, right.
Speaker 1: I think he tried to make a run at the Twins. I don't you know. I know he likes baseball. He's got a minor league team in Nashville and a lot of business in Nashville. Could not be more down to earth. Justinishb Be a really nice guy, invited me to a party to get welcomed into the neighborhood and just happened to be at the Sun's Bulls game. So I had a good time. I just I didn't go to the Sun. I'm gonna do that in April on a vacation. But before we get started, the one thing I wanted to touch on with you and I just just it's not football, so we can ramble and talk about a bunch of stuff. So when I was I try to kind of stay off. I watched the Nation's for Hockey stuff. I thought that was great. I mean NHL basically said we're gonna punt on our All Star Game. Nobody likes any of these All Star games except baseball. The rest of them are tanking. We're gonna try something new Finland, Sweden, Canada, US.
Speaker 2: It was great.
Speaker 1: It was just great hockey, really intense. But it is interesting when you inject patriotism into any sport, curling, track and field, pole vaulting, it could be anything. It's jet fuel. And you know Women's World Cup basically, you know every time they've won a gold there's this sense that it's going to explode, and the women's soccer league is going to explode. It doesn't really happen. It's just patriotism. And there was a lot of talk during the break that I can't believe ESPN's letting go of baseball either can I. But what's interesting isn't that they signed the NBA. That's not interesting because the NBA has got iconic franchises Sixers, Celtics, Lakers, Warriors, Bulls, Knicks, and it's got iconic stars. It's always been a star driven league. Anybody that's a sports fan, even a casual, can name twelve fifteen guys in the NBA right now. But what's amazing is ESPN signed hockey along with TNT to a four and a half billion dollar deal seven years A few years ago. There is no iconic franchise in at least in America. Toronto Police and you know in North America are there's no recognizable hockey star in America that g walk into a mall and everybody would freak out like a Rodness Prime or O Tawny right now, or Aaron Judge or Bryce Harper, where everybody knows who they are. So when people get all worked up about ESPN signing an NBA deal and not a baseball deal, My take is, oh, I get it. I would have signed a baseball deal too. I think you have to have baseball. I think it's been on a two year heater. The pitch clock, defensive shift eliminated, and all the stars are in New York, LA. You know big markets it Philadelphia, Bryce Harper, Atlanta, Acunya. Like they got all their stars in the right markets. But what's amazing to me is ESPN and Jimmy Patar is a huge baseball fan, says buy to baseball. That's really got some two year momentum going, and said yes to hockey. And I know hockey fan thinks this nation's fourth thing means hockey is back. My take is it's patriotism. Every track and field gets hot for three weeks every four years.
Speaker 2: I'll defend hockey, I be honest. I went to my first hockey game when I moved to Arizona and the Phoenix Coyotes were playing in the college arena that had about thirty five hundred seats. Yeah, so I don't pretend to be a hockey guy. I did watch it last year in the playoffs because I gambled on it, and the playoff hockey is pretty much great. I would say this about what ten million people just watched that Four Nations thing. I think, like you said, the jet fuel with the patriotism, but that fight that happened and the booing of the national anthem, it was a perfect sce. We're always We're always an underdog, how often are we We're never underdogs in basketball? Right in the National STUF. So we're an underdog in hockey against Canada way back in the day. They intertwined to yeah, so it was it was easy watch. I'll say the thing about baseball. When I you know, I've lived in North California the majority of my life, I would just have Giants games on in the background. Yeah, and unlike other or it's like basketball, I don't watch as much anymore, but I would watch national brands play basketball, right, like I'll watch the Lakers play basketball. I live in Arizona. I will not watch the Diamondbacks play baseball. And they're good, but I'm not going to turn them on my TV. Like I would just have the Giants on a nightly bay. I don't watch any baseball anymore, and it's not because I don't like the sport. I do. I was I'm glued during the playoffs, but I think they really struggle with beside your own team. That's where football dominates, right. You could put Jags Chargers on a playoff game and thirty million people are watching. That is not the case with the brands in baseball. And I just think they're in a weird point in time because they are popular in these march If the Giants are good, they dominate in the Bay Area, the Dodgers huge in La New York. I mean, how big is baseball going to be in New York City this year with the Mets and the Yankees now? Yeah, So I just think it doesn't really work nationally, Like Sunday Night Baseball hasn't worked in a long time. It doesn't mean the sport is not popular. And then you know, you talk. I don't talk basketball really anymore. Yeah, and I I don't watch it as much as I used to, and part of it is because I just don't talk it. So I don't really care. Beside, I follow the Warriors pretty closely and the Luca thing. I would say it was a little jet few on falling the Lakers and what's going on there, But they are discussed nationally on sports shows and baseball is just not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And here's the thing that for all the NBA critics, I say this, it's in bread. I mean basketball. We all shot a basketball. It could have been in a farm on the back of a barn in Iowa. It could be in a city in Los Angeles, Rutgers Park in New York. We all played basketball. If we don't love pro basketball, we watched March Madness. We've had we were on a high school basketball team, or we went to the high school basketball team. Like basketball is inexpensive, unlike a golf or hockey with the equipment, or football because.
Speaker 2: Baseball is expensive. I mean yes, you talk to a parent that has to buy a bat.
Speaker 1: Or football where it kind of cancels out smaller kids, right, Like like basketball when you're in high school, at most high schools, if you're six two, you're you're a big kid. So basketball is part of us, and you know, I mean it's it's the biggest superstar in the history of American sports is a basketball player in Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson's Top five. So basketball's who we are, Hockey is who Canada is. And that's fine.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't have kids yet, so I can't speak for the youth, but everyone my age group and older played baseball at one point in time. Yeah, right, little league, you know, through many through high school. I do think it's just lost its cultural relevancy, you know, separate from the playoffs. You know you always talk about college basketball is now just March madness. I think baseball from a national perspective is basically just the playoffs now.
Speaker 1: But think about this, Baseball runs unopposed. And if you're a sports network like ESPN, you're dying for filler in May, June, July, and August, you're dying for it. That's baseball. It's tonnage hockey. A big chunk of its season is October, November, December, January. It's like guys, and now, with a college football playoff, December's off the board for hockey.
Speaker 2: So what's your take. Did you see Manfred's statement? I mean, clearly they're angry because they turn on. No one's ever talking about them ever, So maybe from their perspective, right or wrong, And you could argue it's wrong because their right form is still relatively big. They were never going to discuss baseball beside putting on the game.
Speaker 1: So my take is right now because Otani's a Dodger, Bryce Harper of Philly, Aaron Judge, Yankee, Mooky Bets, Freddie Freeman, Acuny in Atlanta.
Speaker 2: Toto hit a home run and it's first at bat in spring training.
Speaker 1: And the Mets and the Padres. You have a lot of big market or coastal markets. In baseball, the stars are in the right places, whereas in the NBA, the stars are in the wrong places. Giannis is in Milwaukee, SGA's in Oklahoma City, Luca now is in the right spot, but Jokich is in Denver. So you have a lot of players in the NBA. Thank God for Jalen Brunson. I mean, it's a lot of guys in the NBA are in the wrong markets. In baseball, they're all in the perfect markets. You don't have all your stars in Cincinnati or Cleveland. And that's nothing against those cities, but I just thought for ESPN, I'm like, guys, two years ago, you signed a seven year billion dollar deal on a hockey and I'm a sportscaster. I can't name six NHL guys and I respect the hell out of the sport. But it's not a talking point in my industry.
Speaker 2: I'll say this too, that you know in this you gotta be careful with small sample sizes. But if you come to the Scottsdale area in the month of March when spring training, I mean you talk the Dodgers play out where the Cardinals play in Glendale, that place you can't your shoulder to shoulder. I mean, I'm talking thousands of people every single game. The Cubs, the Giants who have been bad are in the hard of Scottsdale. This thing is a cash coun for them. The amount of people that come to this area to watch spring training baseball. These are West Coast teams. I mean, this is the Padres, the Dodgers, the Giants. You feel the popularity. Again, I'm a little jaded living here right now, but baseball does feel big this time of year. With all these baseball guys. It's kind of the center of the universe. Because in Florida's a little spread out right in baseball, it's all right here at some of the big brands, I mean the Dodgers. I went to a Dodger game last year in spring training and it felt a little bit like you were watching the nineties bulls. Yeah, it was like, this is insane.
Speaker 1: And this year they went and got the twenty three year old pitching phenom from Japan. Okay, then they act added another starter, Blake Snell. Then they went and got Tanner Scott in the bullpen. You can argue the Dodgers will have, if healthy, one of the great pitching staffs of all time. You have to go back to like the nineteen seventy Baltimore Orioles when it was you know, Quaar and I think Jim Palmer and maybe I've been Steve Stone. I'm dating myself, but it's just insane. It's like Ace ACE two. I mean, it's just like stars all the way through the pitching staff. So I know we're kind of rambling here, but my point was when people were getting off on this. If I ran a sports network, there's four things i'd have. NFL, I'd try to have college football at least big regular season, Big ten or SEC, hopefully the playoffs. I'd want the World Cup for global sports, and i'd want the baseball playoffs. That's what i'd want. Those are the things I would like to have.
Speaker 2: The NBA.
Speaker 1: I would like to have the Olympics. The other thing I always throw out there is the UFC. I would loved. I mean, Fox had the UFC got into a bidding war and they didn't want to spend six billion on it. They wanted to spend three billion. They just got out bid and they acknowledged. I mean, to this day, Eric Shanks and Dana White are good friends. Like they we loved the UFC. But sometimes you just get out bid for stuff. So again, I am an NBA fan, but it's hard for me right now if I ran an work. The Yankees are going nowhere. The Dodgers are stacked forever as they push those contracts down the road. The Braves are always well run. Freaking Mets have Steve Cohen. So it's like to me, it was like, wow, this.
Speaker 2: Is Phillies are huge spenders. I mean, the Red Sox are bouncing back. The Cubs won't be down for the.
Speaker 1: Cubs just went and got a kid named Tucker. They just went and got They had a very good offseason. You know, I'm on my second titos, so you know I'm just spitball in here.
Speaker 2: No I listen, I find baseball. I think both baseball and basketball struggle. There are games a regular season game just does not feel important fair I think that's all. That's a hard part for both leagues. But the difference is is the basketball talking points just drive a lot of sports talk minus foot you know, once football is either out of season or at different times of the year where baseball just does it at all beside October, and it's kind of crazy. Kyle Tucket is what it is.
Speaker 1: Kyle Tucker I apologe I moved into Chicago part time, so I said, know who Kyle Tucker is, So I want to throw this out there. So a big talking point was again I talked about this before vacation. Then it happened during vacation, and I was told by a source, I really trust that Matt Stafford's agent and the Rams are going to meet at the Combine this week and try to bang something out. The Rams like him, Matt likes him, They want to stay together. He understands the importance of McVeigh and Pukinakua and the organization, and the Rams like him. And it's a bad quarterback class and Aaron Rodgers is an option but not a preferred option. Stafford's better now But here's an interesting thing. A lot of Giants of pushback on this. We're not giving up the number three pick. So my take is, would you flip picks with the Rams because it's different. If this was a great quarterback draft class, I'd be very reluctant to give it the number three pick because I could trade down, right, which the Rams would do if they got the number three pick. They would trade down and get more picks. The Giants not necessary. They're not necessarily going to trade down. They're just going to draft the quarterback. Or they would get Stafford so they wouldn't have to. But when you as a GM, I would have no problem getting Matt Stafford, giving them a three year deal, maybe four. You know, I would draft a quarterback second year into it and just say, okay, I'll take the Rams pick late first you get my draft top of the first. I would have no problem doing that. Because they've been unwatchable for a decade. The coach and the GM are on the hot seat in New York between Jade and Daniels and the Eagles roster. You're non competitive. You're not a competitive team going forward. But when I say that, Giant fans are you cannot trade the number three pick. There are drafts I agree with that, This isn't You're not getting cam Ward. This is not one of those drafts.
Speaker 2: To me, if I was a GM, I couldn't trade that valuable of a pick and pay a thirty seven year old guy who does have some injury concerns at this point in time. But those guys are fighting for their jobs. So I think if you sat in Brian dabols shoes, he wouldn't hesitate to do that. I think he would just give the number three pick for Matt Stafford. Why would he not. He's going to get fired and fair not like he would not get a job immediately after. And the general manager's also just speaking realities, would never get another job, right. So to me, now if I was the owner, I could not. We would not be doing that. That's I think it's risky business. I would also not be in business. Look at the last two quarterbacks that were older. They got a lot of money that the Packers, who are one of the best drafting teams of like all time, We're like, yeah, we're done with Aaron Rodgers, and then Kevin O'Connell was like, yeah, I'm done with Kirk Cousins, and both those teams regretted those moves immediately. I mean the Aaron Rodgers thought, well, they had to make that move. Like I don't blame them for making that trade the Jets, but that that was a disaster. The Cousins thing was even worse because at least Rogers at one point time was one of the greatest players ever. Cousins always had some limitations coming off the Achilles and let's face the colum, They're probably gonna cut him in the next seven ten days. He's going to get cut. So now Stafford at this point in time is better than that version of Rogers and definitely Cousins. But I you know where I come with Stafford. You know he is going to accumulate it. I looked he made over two hundred and twenty million dollars in Detroit. His career earnings right now are about three hundred and sixty million dollars. So when his career is over, he will be over four hundred million dollars. So even after taxes and after paying agents, he will have accumulated before he's forty years old, over two hundred million dollars in net income. I'm not even talking about what he's made off the field in la I know he's I see him on sleep number commercials. He is really really rich. Right at this point in time, when you spent a decade and a half almost in an irrelevant franchise and losing constantly in the peak of your powers, wouldn't you go like, look at what Tom did? Like, wouldn't it makes sense to Beheyshan. It doesn't get any better than the Rams. I know we're well run, I know I have an elite coach. I'm in a huge market. I have made Peyton Manning level money, and I have gotten my ass kicked and we draft in the top ten. Now I'm with a franchise who I don't even know these guys they are bringing in, and all of a sudden, by mid season they're ass kickers. Like, why would I want what I would come out? I would have stopped this conversation. I will do whatever it takes. I'm not gonna make five million dollars, but why wouldn't he be like, I'm making twenty seven this year. Let's do a two year deal for like forty million, guarantee every penny you go out and buy players. I want to be here. I'm gonna go Brady, I've already people. I don't count other people's money. This guy has made so much money and he played in such a bad franchise, shouldn't he Like, I wouldn't want any part of the Giants.
Speaker 1: If you're Matt Stafford, what are we talking about?
Speaker 2: No, but he likes his money. There's no debt like him and Jimmy Sexton. There they have been Peyton Manning like every penny, every penny, every tea. And I don't blame the Rams like no, no more every penny.
Speaker 1: I think Stafford wants to stay with the Rams, And to your point, I would want to stay with the Rams. The value of the value of Sean McVay.
Speaker 2: For a quarterback, and just the franchise and how well run they are out. Yeah, he saw the Lions for for fifteen years. Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I think a lot of this. I think when things go public, and you know, like Steven A's contract went public, I always think when I see that that the person actually wants to sign with the company it goes public, you know, I mean, and I'm this is not a shot at stephen A. But I always think that whenever a person because I could make my stuff go public on my contract and I don't. I'm not comfortable with it, but a lot of people are, and I'm not begrudging them. But Stafford and these people that it gets out either through their agent or sources. Stuff gets out when people want it want it out. Right, Like in my entire life, stories get out when people want it out. That that's the reason stuff gets out. I've got secrets in my career in negotiations never gotten out because the company doesn't want him out, and I don't want him out this time. In my negotiations, nothing gets out. I don't want it out, they don't want it out. I'd always tell my bosses keep it out of the press. I don't want anything in the press. But when people do, it does get out there. It's generally because the sides want a deal, they want to remate. So when I when I see the Matt Stafford stuff, my take is Matt wants to stay in Los Angeles. He's got a gorgeous place near the beach, and I think hermos are Manhattan Beach. It's great weather. He was in the Midwest for years. He's a Texas Georgia kid. He probably likes warm weather. So I and this this is not an indictment on anybody that goes public, but it discounts in politics, if you're trying to get legislation passed. It counts in contracts. It counts when I I mean stuff is out when somebody is trying to create leverage. But they truthfully they want to stay where they're at. So I think he'll be a running Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think this one's pretty clear. Because this kind of happened last year, it feels a little more out this year. Is that the Rams are tough to negotiate with. You know, early on in their tenure with Les and Shawn, they signed a deal that they clearly regretted in Todd Gurley. And ever since they've been pretty good, right, and they haven't got in these positions where, you know, the Niners have kind of found themselves the last couple of years like ah, we regret that Debo deal. Ah, we regret that Iuke deal. And now they're kind of burned and now they're pivoting like, oh, we got to be careful with doing that stuff. The Rams learned early on because Todd Gurley's knee just went right. And this Stafford thing, I think they have just been they've been tough with him. Yeah, you know, he's been you know, with Detroit, they always bet right over and gave him and he was always the highest paid guy. You know. The last couple of years, it's been hard. He's like, I'm only making twenty seven. They're like, well, I we'll give you a couple of million dollars more, but we're not. We're not giving you two years one hundred million dollars. Mat that's just not happening, right, And we want you, you want us. We're winning, listen, and I know you only have a chance. It's like, once he leaves, he's probably not going to make when he's forty two years old, retired thirty million dollars in his first shot, whatever he does. So I understand, you have the opportunity to make a lot of it. But he's made so much in winning, like you could go down as a legendary player that I would be very careful about driving this hard in negotiation. Now. I think he also knows, like what would the Rams do, you know, Sean McVay. They're not really in the business of just like, oh, we'll figure it out on the fly, like they understand what they have. But I think they have some negotiating power because, like you said, he doesn't want to leave. Look at his options, like the Giants are the Titans are going to trade? How are we talking about? Gross?
Speaker 1: And I do think there's I think the Aaron Rodgers thing has some legs. And I'll say this, we know that coaching matters with quarterbacks. Last ten games last year when Solo was gone, the Jets were one of the poorest coach teams in the league. They up and down both sides of the ball, and Aaron put up good numbers. Aaron with McVeigh would put up good numbers, B plus numbers, maybe not A numbers. So I think that's something they've thought about. Aaron's got a place in Malibu, and it's like, hey, if we get trapped here, we'll bring on Aaron for a couple of year deal. Plus Aaron. From all the indications, Aaron wanted to be a Jet and was dumped for the second time, So I think Aaron does not want to end his career like that. And again, I thought in his last ten games he had like a ninety eight passer rating he was pretty good. So my take is Aaron, it's not a I mean I had somebody that I really trust tell me this that Aaron Rodgers is who McVeigh would go after. I mean, he went after a guy in Baker Mayfield that came with baggage. He went after him in one second.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Carson wentz. They got off. You know, they've done a lot of that. He has, no he's got He's like the young version of Andy Reid. They'll take on problems. The difference, though, is to me, there's a big difference is the player Aaron Rodgers wants no part of getting hit. He just will not. And that's still a quality that Stafford will sit in there. He will get peppered as he delivers a strike, and that you know, at the level in which the Rams, I mean they're the only team that went toe to toe with the Eagles, you know, so it's like they're trying to compete for the Super Bowl. That difference in standing in there throughout the course of a season in the big games, I think there would be a drop off unless Aaron was just willing again to play like he did. And I don't think at forty one years old, he would be. I mean that is one thing. Stafford will sit in there kind of like the old school quarterbacks and still get hit. So I understand maybe his negotiating, like, hey guys, I'm taking a lot of hits here too, Like I need some money for this, for these bruises that I wake up with every Monday morning.
Speaker 1: Who's scoring big in the NBA this season? You are all the new ways to get in on the action of Draft Kings sports Book, an official sports betting partner of the NBA Slams. Dishing the ball, cleaning the glass, get behind your favorite players. Prop bets you can make on DraftKings. It's fun the home of NBA player props. If you're ready to place your first bet, make it really simple. Pick how many points your favorite players going to score. Go to Draft Kings sports Book. They have an app, download it make your pick. If you're a first timer, here's something special new Draft Kings customers. All you have to do is about five bucks to get one hundred and fifteen bonus bets instantly, So take it to the rack with DraftKings Sportsbook, Every point counts. Download their app takes ninety seconds. Use the code column cli N to get one hundred and fifty bones in bonus bets betting just five only on DraftKings. The crown is yours.
Speaker 3: Gambling problem call one eight hundred gambler in New York call eight seven seven eight ope and Y, or text ope and Y four six seven three six nine in Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino when resorting Kansas twenty one and over. Agent eligibility varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario New customers only. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issueins four. Additional terms and responsible gaming resources see DKNG, dot co, slash audio.
Speaker 1: Let's just throw this name out there because the combine starts this week and before we get into that free agencies after that, Sam Donald had a couple of disappointing games. End of the season. Yeah, Sam Donald a really good season. Sam's got a market. Sam is still in the middle of his prime. What is your I contend that Las Vegas and with Chip Kelly and the Colts with Shane Steiken are really good fits. Indie feels like Sam in that division can go toe to toe with those quarterbacks. You're not going toe to toe with a Herbert, I don't think, or a Mahomes, But I think you put him in the AFC South with Shane Steikin, I think he can go toe to toe with a CJ. Stroud on most Sundays. What do you think happens with Sam?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean a lot change. I remember going live with you right after he made that throw against Seattle and I was like, this guy, how are they gonna not give him a huge contract? And it shows you the power of these prime time games. Let's face there was a lot you know, obviously the division was on the line that Sunday night, and then the playoff game was really, really bad. I still think at minimum he's going to get a Baker Mayfield three or one hundred million dollars type contract with me, and clearly with good coaching you can. I mean, his team was sixty minutes away from the number one overall seed. He played a massive role in that, so I think you got to be careful. Yeah, I think that game exposed a little bit when he starts getting blitzed, he starts you know, I don't want to say seeing ghosts. He's come a long way since then, but he looked dramatically different in those two games than he did. But you'd also say he's you know, Aaron Glenn became a head coach, one of the best defensive coordinators in the league and just was blitzing them every single play. And Sean McVay and Shula are just they had that defense rolling. I mean, they went, they were hitting Hurts, they made him look bad in that game. They were playing good defense. So I still would have no problem given now that here's the thing, like, you know, these quarterbacks, the dominoes, all these teams looking are gonna have some ranking going into the combine. When they talked to the Age and so it's are you all in on Sam Donald? Because if you draft or if you sign Sam Donald to a multi year deal, you're probably not drafting a quarterback if you're the Giants, if you're the Titans, if you're the Raiders. But if you take Cousins or Rogers, you know, you're probably still have no problem drafting a quarterback really high. So I think Donald would be the one guy that would just get signed and immediately become, you know, kind of not your long term starter, but at least in the immediate next couple of year starter.
Speaker 1: What do you expect? Combine starts on Thursday? Shador Sanders won't work out at the combine, which has become kind of a trend with quarterbacks. What are you expecting? What are you looking for?
Speaker 2: Yeah? To me, Shador is a good example of like, coming into this year, every important college director slash assistant GM saw him play life. He was such a big prospect coming into the season. There is not an NFL team worth their salt, and every team, once they realized we needed a quarterback probably saw him multiple times play game. So it's the combine for him. And I'd even say the same thing about cam Ward. Remember when he transferred to Miami he was the number one essentially free agent college football. I think it would go for him as well, which wouldn't shock me if he doesn't throw, though, Chador isn't you know, some elite prospect in terms of his qualities, Like if you're Josh Allen, you should throw at the combine. Why you're throwing one hundred miles an hour. I remember Lamar Jackson when he got all the pushback about Pollan's common about the wide Receiver's like, I'm not gonna run. It's like, Lamar, You're gonna run a four to two. Everyone's head's gonna turn and you're gonna be the talk of the combine. It was a mistake not running. Now, granted it all worked out. I don't blame Chador for not throwing in this environment because it's not the best environment. If I'm cam Ward, you have a huge arm throw, I would no one cares about completions and completions you're throwing people you don't know. Let that ball rip as all the coaches and gms are sitting there in the boxes and in the seats right there in Indy. So I think those two guys in a huge part of the I'm buying is the interviews and with a quarterback, and I would throw Jackson Darton here, who I think is going to gain some momentum as a potential first round pick. Is the person like, what are you like as a guy? I mean, last year you see some of these clips, it was a pretty high level class. You know, Jade Daniel's really high level guy. Obviously Caleb, everyone had known him for years and he was a lot to go number one. But Drake May, Michael Pennix, I mean, the bo Nicks, JJ McCarthy. So it was like they're going to crush these interviews. Coaches. This is the first the gms and the scouts have been watching these guys for years. The coaches, you know, NFL coaches don't really watch as much college football as the average fan would think. The head coach might have it on, you know, Andy Reid does, but a lot of guys are just sco tunnel vision. They don't know that much about these players and definitely have never met him and a lot of times haven't really evaluated them. So this is kind of their first exposure. So meeting them as a human being and getting to know the guy and getting to know like their football smarts and their football IQ. It's a huge, huge moment for all the guys that you know are in the mix to I mean, all these guys are draft We're gonna get drafted. The majority of the guys go to Combine, but definitely the guys that have like the ability to get drafted in the first round. I mean, there's just a lot of money on the line, you know, getting drafted high.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the combine's interesting. I think I was into it more ten years ago, and I think some coaches feel the same way. They don't necessarily some go, some don't. I have you been surprised as a former NFL scout, some of these coaching staffs just don't go anymore. They just say I'm not going. Yeah, not wasting my time. Does that surprise you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Honestly has bothered me in the past because I go, Well, Belichick always went, and now I'll promise you this, Andy Reid's going to be there. It's like, well, if the best guy's there and values it, it doesn't mean he goes to everything, but he values meeting the guys because there's one thing to evaluate them off a tape. Everything's taped right, your workout and even your interviews, and some of these guys now can be there in a zoom interview. There is a big difference if you're interviewing someone to be the thirteenth overall pick standing there and talking to him in meeting him, seeing him face to face, than zooming him. So I do believe you should go. I saw my guy, Tim Kala Kami in the Bay Area. Kyle Shanahan, like McVeigh stopped going, Well, it's one thing when you're going to the Super Bowl or the NFC Championship every year, he reported, Kyle's probably gonna go this year. Kind of need to meet these guys. Yeah, But my thing is like if the top coach is there and the Sandy Reed runs the league, like you should be there. And so I do believe there's value not in like you're change of direction in a condra okay, but like you might draft this guy in the second round. It's kind of gonna be a big deal when it's like a year in you hate the kid and it's your own fault when you didn't put in max effort to get to know him, to get to meet him every opportunity. I mean, at this point in time, the salary CAP's almost three hundred million dollars. It's pretty big business. Yeah, you know, these are your most important assets. So I do think the value is more less about the running and catching the gauntlet drill and more just sitting with the kid and interviewing him and being there with your coordinators. Not every coach needs to go. But to me, the head coach and the coordinators should all be present with the with the scouting staff.
Speaker 1: You know, it's interesting. There's going to be you can go back to last year's draft, the year before. There are certain things that are just innate. They're true. You can't argue them. There's going to be a couple players in the top fifteen that will be busts. They just won't be very good, and for a variety of issues. Some I mean, Romadonze is talented, he wasn't as good as I thought as a rookie. I think he'll I mean I thought that'd be more splash, but I think a lot of it was. It was such a mess, you know, it was all a mess, and I think he'll bounce back. I'm gonna throw Travis Hunter out as a player that could be that could underachieve. So I don't doubt he's good enough to be a number two receiver in the NFL and a number one corner, no doubt either. But to ask to be both, I mean, if you had a great linebacker who also played tight end, it's undeniable that the physical toll would hurt what you're best at. I would put him at corner but he wants to be a receiver. I don't know if he's a number one receiver in the NFL. Maybe on a weaker team. He's certainly good enough. But you can't be a number one receiver if you have a young quarterback who's trying to get reps. Confidence in timing. It's a timing position. Running Back isn't Cornerback isn't You can I mean high school to college, college of the pros. Running back in cornerback, you can walk in and just play. You could just I mean, those are two positions. I've been told this forever. You would know this as a scout. Running back in cornerback, you could miss some of camp, you could be a you could have a contract hold out. You're ready to play week one or week two.
Speaker 2: Well, it's a very instinctive position.
Speaker 1: Yet both of them wide receiver, especially with a young quarterback. What's a timing position help? Brady was an old cornerback. If he didn't trust you'd be in the right spot, Tom would ghost you. I think Travis Hunter, I think this coming to a bad team, he'll have a lot of leverage. He'll play both ways. I could see that being a problem.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, and we'll find out it was just a name on a paper. Did announce he's going to the combine as a corner. Now all the top guys will be interviewed they go to the podium. It'll be interesting if he says, I'm here as a corner, but I also plan on playing wide receiver. I do think it's fair to say most high level people in any industry are very singular focused, and it is very difficult to spread yourself thin, especially when your factory in youth. I mean he's very young. I think it's impossible to go do what he did. What he did in college was the Big twelve, wasn't the SEC or the Big ten, but it was still one of the greatest athletic achievements we've ever seen. The amount of snaps he's playing to you agree with, Oh yeah, but if you're going to be a both way corner wide receiver just playing corner alone, think of the wide receivers right now in the NFL. The talent on a weekly basis of just pick up a random team who their schedule is on a week you're chasing those guys for sixty seventy snaps. He would be the number one corner, and then you would try to play full time wide receiver. I think it would be borderline impossible on the body. I don't think it's And you go back to look at Deon Sanders. I don't even think he had that many catches in his career. And this is and Dion, I mean, was just a better prospect. Yeah, I mean, Tary Sound is a great prospect. Give me a break. Deon's one of the greast athletes in the history of America, right So, I do think he just needs to focus on one of the positions, and I hope and I think he's making the right decision right now at corner, and then he can be at just a high level corner. I don't think it's possible to go both ways. I don't think any team wants him to be. That doesn't mean you can't, you know, Ben Johnson type coordinator, can't run a trick player for him, bring him in on offense. They used to do that with Dion when I was a kid. But like, I want you to be a lockdown corner, Derek Stingley, He's probably gonna get a hundred million dollars offseason. Why because he goes up against your number one wide receiver who are all making one hundred and eighty million dollars and locks him down. Derevas did it, Sherman did it? You get paid a lot of money, and he's it's more valuable because harder to find. It's much easier to find a wide receiver than it is a corner. There just aren't that many. Most teams don't have one good corner, right. The teams that have two are like complete outliers in the national yets. Yeah, so I hope he stays just at one. Now we'll see. I think, you know, Dion, who's essentially like feels like his father, constantly talks like he's going to do both ways, like, so he's not slowing it down. And I do think Dion speaks for Travis a little bit, and Travis hasn't walked away from it. So I do think it's going to be interesting to see in Indy when he talks exactly what he says, because if he does say like I plan on doing both, like he's telling you, like eventually you got to just listen to what he's saying and believe him.
Speaker 1: Well, and the other thing, because I mean we'll talk through free agency and the combine and the draft, and I'll do some basketball pods as well. But the other thing that is, and we talked a little bit a bit about this last time. I can't tell you the last time a player as good as Miles Garrett was on the market. I don't even I mean, I'm dead serious. This feels so Buffalo or Green Bay. I saw something during the break I was on my phone and I tried to stay off it, but Warren Sharp, who does a lot of NFL stuff, had this breakdown of Josh Allen over the last several years, and it is a crime he hasn't been into a super Bowl. He is number one in so many different analytic categories that it's a crime that he's not getting the super Bowls. And so I do think you can keep running it back with Sean m McDermott. But you're getting to a point now you're like, Okay, he's going to be coming out of his prime in about three years, Like you got to get him to super bowls. Look at that, And I think to myself, Von Miller's getting older, what would you give up? And I know it's a non quarterback, but I got to tell you I would have absolutely no problem because I think they've got most of their offensive pieces in check and they've drafted well on that side. Do you give up two ones?
Speaker 2: Is he that?
Speaker 1: I was thinking about that today on the flight. I'm like, I think it's the only defensive player outside of Aaron Donald in his prime that I would give up too.
Speaker 2: I think they are the team you could throw potentially the Lions, but they got Hutchinson coming back of Like you're right there on the doorstep. You have played the Chiefs. You're the only team in the AFC that's like go. They could have beat him every time they played him, but they beat him in the regular season. So it's like you are a player or two away. And I remember when they paid von Miller all that money felt like a little desperate, risky and that blew up in their face.
Speaker 1: He just he just was, this doesn't ram this late, it perfect, this doesn't feel Yeah they did. It was the classic. You know, Andy Reid, somebody comes in plays well with Mahomes. Let him go that Von Miller felt overpaid. Miles Garrett is on a short list. I mean he's kind of entering into a Donald Lawrence Taylor. He may not be there yet, but Jesus, he's close.
Speaker 2: I think I've told you this before. I you know, looking back back at historical comps, I think Reggie White who went to the Packers, that's thirty two, you know, in Reggie Miles is younger. You know, Miles is I think twenty nine years old. But still, anytime you are trading that much to give a guy a third contract, you know, this would be his third contract. And I don't blame the Browns like I would keep hanging up, but I think you could get a pretty historic call for a guy twenty nine thirty years old. And the other thing is you got to look at his body type. It's gonna age well. I mean, he's just a complete freaking nature, you know, unlike you know, somebody Lawrence Talor. I don't think there are any questions off the field. No one's ever questioned like his his being in shape or I mean every time you see him that basketball highlight he had years ago, he looked like an NBA player. I mean, he like jumps out of pools from the deep end. I just wonder, you know, the Browns are in a weird spot right now. They're just got the you got the Watson kind of contract anchoring the franchise, you're drafting two overall, your star player wants out. I do think it's the right time to just blow it up. But let's face it that their owner Can has proven to be a little bit of you know, kind of a kook sometimes with the way he operates, and he gets really involved because they do have you know, their GM smart. He's a Roseman guy. I think we both agree Stefanski's pretty high level, good coach. But I think anything's possible anytime you get the Browns. They even said, like I do think they will throw here's one hundred and fifty million dollars, And it's one thing to say, hey, I want to trade, I want out. And if someone puts one hundred and fifty million dollars guaranteed run of Miles Garrett, like, would he resign with the Browns? Is this a money play? When I've seen the clips of him talking to Super Bowl, it actually felt pretty measured, like I actually don't think this is really He's already super rich, Like this is about like we ain't winning here, especially in this division against Burrow and Lamar, we have no chance. So get me the hell out of here.
Speaker 1: And now for our next segment, Whiskey Business brought to you by Green River Whiskey, the official whiskey of the Colin Cowhard Podcast. If you want to enjoy life simple pleasures, reach for Green River Whiskey. Whether it's Rye whiskey, single barrel bourbon, you're getting over a century a craftsmanship packed into every bottle. Hop on over to Green Riverwhiskey dot com and discover a legend in a bottle. Today, I'm gonna throw something at you.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 1: I was thinking about this the way, and your life is probably a lot like this. You also do a golf pod, but for six months of the year, I don't take any time off. I work every day, even Thanksgiving Day. After Thanksgiving there's tons of football games on. I've got a notepad and I write no so and I know it's not ditch digging. I'm not saying that. But I work every day for six months and then I take seven weeks off over the next six months until Labor Day. Right, And I was thinking about this, and I was as I was flying from Chicago to La this afternoon. I thought about you in this question. So I don't watch Netflix or anything outside of sports from Labor Day weekend until the end of football, and then I take a week off like I just did, and then for about six months now, I watch a lot of Netflix, Apple TV, Amazon Prime, whatever it is, I'll watch series. So I watched Zero Day with Robert de Niro. It's okay. I thought de Niro was really good. I thought the acting was good, the plot was a little.
Speaker 2: It kicked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's interesting. It's again. The acting is really good and it plays. You can watch it. So I like six episodes. But I was sitting there and I'm thinking to myself. One of the reasons, and I really think this is happening, is that events are still working. March Madness still kicks, ass gets a rating. College football games, NFL games, World Cup, Olympics, UFC all still get great numbers. Anything Monday through Friday. Baseball, NBA, hockey, MLS really struggling. And I'm sitting there watching Zero Day. I watched it over the course of two or three days with my wife. She didn't like it as much as me, and it was, you know, it was stuff was blown up. It was government, it was politics, it was DeNiro. I was all in and I was thinking about this that hockey, baseball, basketball, mls are all struggling Monday through Friday because they're not events. And what's happened is My take is once football ends our nation, its favorite sport for six months is Netflix, and that they'll come in for an NBA final or a World Cup or an Olympics. But football and college football, but mostly the NFL, it is a six month event. Those Sundays and Saturdays, those are events. You go to them, you watch them, your friends watch them. Netflix doesn't do a lot of production during that time, knowing why release new stuff. Guys are checked out for six months. But I was sitting there watching in baseball's regular season, basketball, hockey, Hockey's having a horrible regular season ratings. And my take is because they're competing with now the biggest offseason sport, which is Netflix. Streaming has gobbled up post football to Labor Day. A lot of these numbers. Now, I'm saying that because I'm a sportscaster and I have to watch sports. But man, when I got a week off, and if I wasn't a sportscaster. Bro, I'm on streaming just I am on streaming with my wife watching shows.
Speaker 2: Well, let's use me as an example. I couldn't have been a bigger sports fan as a kid, through college and even when I got worked in the NFL. I love baseball, love basketball. But as this podcast has taken off and we've had success and we're just football is just kind of takes up my life. Yes, I don't want if I watched the baseball playoffs. I'm not going to talk about it, but I know it's big culturally. Other people are talking and I want to watch it. It's fun, but I know the other games. Why would I watch when I don't have to and no one else I feel is the matter?
Speaker 1: And you sacrifice your life with your soon to be wife for six months. You sacrifice your.
Speaker 2: Life so we don't have Thursdays, Saturday, Sundays, Sunday nights, Monday nights. So even during the season, or I mean, you know during September and October you got to give up Tuesdays and Wednesdays, right, you know Fridays you can't just watch like Lakers Kings in late October when it's like, what are you talking about this now, I just want to watch it. You know, I got a I got two hundred dollars on Deer and Foxes over under here you know doesn't fly, and it was much easier to do that when I was younger. I also think, you just bring up Netflix. I saw orright, I heard on a podcast that YouTube where it's consumed the most is not on a phone or an iPad. It's actually on televisions. And that's obviously the youth. Right, that's a lot of younger people watch YouTube ontel. I don't view it like an app like I do Netflix or Amazon Prime. But people under twenty five do. Yeah, and in ten years those people are going to be thirty years old. And it's just the options we have to watch TV. I think about when you know, forever, just basic cable, you would if nothing was on TV, you just scroll around, You dead up on random movies. You just watch Saving Private Ryan because it was on TBS. You never scroll anymore. Right, it doesn't even really exist. I don't even have I talk about television sports for a living. I don't have a cable box in my house. I have YouTube TV. It doesn't even exist right now. Granted, I go to YouTube TV at Fox Sports one at nine o'clock in the morning, you come up, or CNBC or whatever, so it's I still have television, but it's completely different than just five years ago. I also think I've had this theory. You know, for a long time, we thought the NFL was playing those London games to move the Jags to London, right, which clearly is not true. Because he just spent hundreds of millions of dollars. They're gonna stay in Jacksonville at least, that's what you know. He's invested a bunch of money there, what I think, and maybe once upon a time that was the goal. I think what they've realized the last three or four years. They just announce another Brazil game going to Germany. Well, where's Netflix's audience worldwide? So I can sell the Netflix in four years when I opt out of this thing. I'm not just getting John in Arizona or Collins Chicago, or Bill in Tampa Bay. I'm getting James on an Air Force base in Germany, or Craig in Australia, or you know some dude in Brazil that likes football. So my numbers, I'm not just beholden to the American market, Yeah, which crushes in football. I'm worldwide, baby, and I can't obviously through you and through the platform that you have given me the amount of people listening to me that are like, Hey, I'm from Australia, I got a question about the Cowboys, or Hey I'm from Germany. I'm a huge Niner guy. I mean this is it's not a worldwide sport like soccer. But in terms of the way Netflix, once they get involved with the NFL, it won't just be people in the States consuming the products and they just saw it. Now. It's different than Mike Tyson Jake Paul Thing, but that got one hundred million people worldwide. So I think the NFL is pivoted to these international games to grow the audience to sell to the streamers. What do you think about that?
Speaker 1: I think you're I think you're right on the money. I think you know, it's interesting.
Speaker 2: Why would they be playing in Brazil? Again, what's the point.
Speaker 1: Well, but I also think broadcast networks are attracted. For instance, when Netflix had their football game, CBS produced it. So the Netflix, I still don't love Amazon's production as much as I do Fox or CBS or or ABC.
Speaker 2: I like that. I think Fox is the I'm an NFC guy. I think Fox is the best.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I've I've worked at I've worked for NBC, I've worked for ESBN, ABC, I've worked for Fox. I think Fox's production is great. Now. I do think NBC is magical on the Olympics and deserves all the love. I but I think I think if I was Netflix, I don't want to create a sports division. All use Fox or CBS. I'll use their production people. I just want to buy the rights, stream it and get eyeballs, and then then I'll pay for it to be produced instead of creating one hundred person remote unit or bidding for rights for the entire package. I'll take six games a year and I'll just use somebody else's production because I think that's what networks provide. And I don't think Netflix and Amazon are as good in my because I've known people that have moved to Amazon. I think Amazon does retail exceptionally well. I think they've been clunky at The Washington Post. I think they've been clunky at Whole Foods. I don't think Whole Foods is nearly as good as it was before Amazon bought it.
Speaker 2: I don't an Amazon drop off. That's what I viewed as. Yeah, I mean, if your stuff, I just.
Speaker 1: Don't go to it anymore. So I think Amazon does retail exceptionally well. They're getting their feet wet in sports, but I think they have a long way to go to be as good as CBS, Fox or ABC.
Speaker 2: Well, what I think is going to happen is and Goodell has already hinted at this is which I'm not a huge fan of. And luckily most of these games are relevant. You live on the West Coast. When they play that international morning game sometimes six thirty in the morning, it's like I got to get up to watch Titans Jags here at six am. But they're gonna have And Goodell's not just hinted at this, He's kind of talked about we plan on having potentially a whole slate, you know, not eight games, but like fifteen. We couldn't you sell that as a package like Amazon Prime Boom to Netflix. They're all over at the International you know, all over the world. Every single morning. Starting week two, there is a six thirty am Pacific Standard time game and Netflix pays like Amazon out of the blue. These games would have existed anyway at like Fox or CBS, you know, with the eleven other ones in the morning slate. You just put it as a it's not a primetime game, but it's in its solo slate. It's not competing against anybody, and you sell it for whatever, I don't know, two billion a year, Yeah, right, because wouldn't you say that Thursday night football the next go round, Amazon or Netflix is going to pay more than they're paying now. Yeah, once they're proving they get fifteen million people to watch it every single Thursday night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I I not just because I work at Fox. I like I like broadcast quality production on my football games. I think they're really really good at it. And yeah, I don't think the streamers are there yet. I thought the Paul Tyson fiasco.
Speaker 2: It didn't work.
Speaker 1: It was a mess. It was embarrassing everything, the production, the fight, the marketing, none of it worked for me. I thought it was bad. So and again, I'm a devoted Netflix washer, but there are things, you know, I've always been a believer r years and years ago, you know, when sports gambling became big. You know, Supreme Court rules in favor of it, and you know, there was a lot of money being thrown around. And I had talked to a couple of the bigger players, and my take was always, I like doing business because I bet on sports, but I didn't want gambling companies to be my boss. I wanted broadcasters to be my boss, because I'm a broadcaster and if I was, if I was a podcaster, that's why the volume we do podcasts, digital media, that's our specialty. And so I think Netflix does documentaries and true crime and movies, and I don't think sports is their go to. And the idea that hey, we've got a lot of money, let's just throw it at sports. Now, I think Amazon's gotten much much better on Thursday Night football, but they still don't feel to me as good as the networks. And you know, they have more money than the networks, So it's not like a resources issue. It's a they don't quite have as good a feel for it right now. And so this idea that Netflix, I mean, I I've watched the Netflix sports. They don't have a feel for it. And they're content people. Amazon's a retail giant. I mean that go look at the Washington Post fiasco, that's a mess. The grocery store stuff, it's not very good. So I am a loyal too. And I also like, honestly, how much do we ask fans to chase around games? Can you just put them on the ten o'clock one o'clock window West coast or East coast it's one and four. I mean you're getting to a point where these fans now, I mean sometimes with Baseball, Roku, Apple, Fox guys, you're making it hard for fans.
Speaker 2: Well, I think Fox and CBS have been the only two networks that have just all the games they've had have just been on Fox and CBS. I mean ESPN put one on ESPN Plus last year. Obviously the Peacock thing, which again I I understand, like, is NBC gonna survive? Right? It is out for Peacock. You a big picture, right, I mean that's that's you know, CBS and Fox have been such stalwarts with the NFL from the for so long. I mean they have just been hand in hand and there's some loyalty. I mean, the NFL is not like many industries where it's you know, management things constantly. The same families have owned these businesses forever every once in a while they get a new owner. But the Jones family, the Hunt family, the Davis family, you just go around like the Bardelo Yorks, I mean the same people, the Spanos family. These people have been in for decades, the crafts and all their kids are going to get it. So I just believe that they look at you know, they just create something out of nothing and be like, oh, here's an international slate. Here's two billion dollars of games that we were going to throw that you and I would have had on a little box on Sunday ticket not even paid attention to. And they'll get two billion dollars for it. Now. Can this maintain forever? I don't know how long football will dominate, but it does feel like they're really in the peak of their business.
Speaker 1: Powers right now, right yeah, But you know it's not even a loyalty thing. I I like to be in business with people who are proficient at what they do, Like you're really good at football, right, like I you know, just speaking about the volume, you know, we hire people who are YouTube specialists to handle our YouTube business, like we hire really good podcasters to do podcasts. This idea that you know, streamers come in and they've got a feel for I mean, Apple's baseball was awful. I try to watch it was it was awful, And I'm not disparaging any individual.
Speaker 2: It just was bad.
Speaker 1: Roku not good enough. So I'm sorry when I when I watched the networks do sports like for A prime example of this is the NBA deal and and ESPN, you know, maintains its rights and they'll do fine. And I don't love everything about their coverage, but it's consistent. Amazon and NBC take big stabs at it, and my guess is it's gonna be it's gonna take Amazon and NBC two to three years in this deal to figure it out minimum.
Speaker 2: No, I'm with you there, are.
Speaker 1: You gonna Are you gonna go to Amazon to watch NBA?
Speaker 2: I'm not No, No, I mean Colin, I don't go to ABC to watch NBA. I mean the Warriors play the MAVs. I watched probably ten minutes today, So no, no, But as anyone, that's the thing that's that is where football and its value is so strong, Like it's proven they can throw random game on peacock and twenty million people be pissed off and tweeted about it. But they'll still watch. I think you throw baseball and you throw basketball behind some of these paywalls a little different animal. Listen, I got involved with the athletic right when it started. There were some people that drew a lot of revenue. Our guy Ethan Strauss, he's a cash cow. You put him mind it. People will come a lot of people. And these people were businessmen beside it. So you're getting no subscriptions here and we're paying you four hundred thousand dollars. It was very black and white. I think baseball, like in basketball, it's gonna be very eye opening, Like how many people just watch this game? How many people just watched the Bulls played the Magic two hundred thousand people watch this game? I mean you know, I mean there are not you can tell me. They dominate on social media. They are not gonna go watch regular season random games with a lot of these brands. Even if you put if I just put Lakers, just pick a random upon like Lakers Atlanta Hawks on a streaming service next week, relative to what it would be on ESPN or ABC behind a street, it would get cut. I think it would be twenty percent of that number if it would be tiny. Yeah, don't you agree there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's very difficult. I think I saw the NBA wanted to do what the NFL did divvy it up, and it's smart business by them. But I'm just telling you, I'm gonna stay watching NBA on the network I've been watching the NBA. That will be ESPN and ABC is where I will watch a majority of my NBA. Now, NFL or College Football World Cup all go anywhere. UFC. I buy the cards. I go to four or five. We should go to one.
Speaker 2: By the way.
Speaker 1: I go to four or five UFC fights during during the summer. Oh, there's so much fun, and then I buy three or four. So I would say about thirty to fifty percent of the time I'm watching the UFC fights. So that gets me behind a paywall. NFL, major college football. There are some things I would pay for. I mean, Dodger Yankee World Series. I'm gonna pay for that and watch that. But if you think regular season NBA, I'm going to a streamer, You're out of your mind.
Speaker 2: And that's where Amazon aren't they playing a different game? Like ultimately, Netflix wants me to stay and watch other shows. Amazon wants me to order like Maria yelling at me, we need protein bars. Boom, one button. We had protein bars delivered ten minutes later, right, or we need laundry detergent like. Their business is completely different than a lot of these other streamers that are just the media entity. There's are hosting data, you know, retail business delivering, and they are. It is really incredible what they you can press the button have something.
Speaker 1: To Amazon is the most I mean, let's in my life.
Speaker 2: I hate I hate going to the store, and they have enabled me to never really have to go through.
Speaker 1: Amazon is maybe the only company in my life every single family member uses. My sister lives really, my wife's in Chicago, I'll be there soon. Sun's up in Oregon. It's the only company in my life. I mean, Microsoft is a big deal Intel, you know, I'm trying to think of anything comparable everybody. So Amazon is a retail giant. They're not a content company. Now they're pivoting to that. So Netflix, you would think, because they're a content company, would be it would be a much easier pivot to do sports content. But I'm telling you, some of their early stuff has just not worked for me at all. And I say that as a devoted Netflix consumer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then they're not really in the live business. All their stuff is pre taped movies and shows. Correct. Yes, So it's just people in Hollywood or wherever producing this stuff. I just think we're they they're you know, Netflix, their money, and they're clearly dipping their toe in with the Christmas game is going to continue. I do think it's it's inevitable that they get just that morning package, yes, and just a number that everyone's he just paid what for six thirty am games.
Speaker 1: I'll watch them, though, to be honest with you, I'll watch them. I know it's sad, all right. John Middlicoff knocked out an hour former NFL Scout three and out podcast. Good to be back. We'll talk soon.
Speaker 2: Take it easy coin the volume.
Speaker 1: Well, I've set it before. Fubo is one of my favorite ways to watch sports, College basketball, NBA. It doesn't matter what the sport is. Fubo TV delivers. I watch it constantly on airplanes. If I'm in my car and I'm driving and I want to stay up to date in the game. FuboTV dot Com slash Colin you will get fifty dollars off for two months of Fubo TV, and The Masters is going to be on it. Made Dirty Baseball is going to be on it. It's just in my life. I can't always be in front of a TV, but I want to stay up to date on what's happening in sports. Fubo TV dot Com Slash Colin fifty bucks off two months Fubo