Speaker 1: A tough call, or is it? It's one more thing. I'm strong and getty.
Speaker 2: One more thing.
Speaker 1: So I'll top off this story with my tale that I've told many times on the air of jumping in the midst of a bar fight and realizing I was saving the wrong person at the end getting my favorite leather jacket covered in blood. Anyway, this happened on a United Airlines flight. This is not the least bit funny. Have you seen this story? Maniac flyer viciously beats deaf, nonverbal passenger until cavin is splattered with blood. No good listen to this.
Speaker 3: This is horrible.
Speaker 1: A brutal beatdown happened about two hours into a United Airlines flight from San Francisco to Washington Dulles yesterday. It started when a forty four year old got up to use the bathroom. His name is Everett Chad Nelson. We should know this person's name. While returning to a steaton, Nelson stopped at seat twelve F for some reason, and without notice, began physically attacking a sleeping male passenger by punching him repeatedly in the face until blood was drawn and spewing around the cabin. The next thing I know, I heard these blood curdling screams, says one woman who was in a row behind her. He was just very violently and very aggressively, just pumling the guy who was in the window seat, who was in front of me. And it was vicious. This wasn't like a barroom. I'm going to throw a couple of punches. I mean, it was a vicious pumbling. Listen to this part. Was there no dude around who would do anything about this? Nelson rained blows on the defenseless man for a full minute before a good samaritan jumped in and ripped him off.
Speaker 2: The victim. A minute's a long.
Speaker 1: Time, Oh, I mean that's a long I mean five seconds, ten seconds, twenty seconds is a long time for you to be thinking, show I do something?
Speaker 2: Is anybody going to do something? What is going on? I don't know, blah blah blah. A minute.
Speaker 4: People wonder how many people? I wonder how many people pulled out their phones? Though, to take a video right is common. Now We've all seen videos of that.
Speaker 1: Somebody's getting the crap beat out of them, somebody defenseles a child, even I've seen these. Everybody's got their phone out. Nobody's willing to do anything about it. Everybody's willing to video it. Nielsen rained down blows for a minute. Nelson split the man's nose nose open, causing blood to splash over the seat, the cabin wall, the window, and all over the close of the people around. Victim was left with two black eyes. A doctor who happened to be on board treated the man. So I don't really know much more about this, but I'm just surprised.
Speaker 2: Was there no dude around to do something?
Speaker 1: I mean, because if you've got a violent lunatic like that, he might who knows he's going after next? Something's got to be done. Where were they where the stewardesses? Yeah, I got a taser. Yeah, you can't have somebody being that crazy for a full minute. There's got to be some way to stop it, because it could be doing anything trying to open the door, beating somebody trying to get out of the cockpit. Don't I thought we Post nine to eleven had ways to deal with crazy people.
Speaker 3: Did we have any clue what this dude? What Branda crazy? He is?
Speaker 2: Not what's going on there?
Speaker 3: Because it sounds like he needs to be in prison for the rest of his days.
Speaker 2: Yes, it does.
Speaker 3: Attacking a sleeping man and beating him bloody. He's obviously a psycho, he's obviously got mental problems with some sort, but he's dangerous. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh so the guy was asleep according to this report, so it's hard to imagine.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: That's just craziness.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Oh, speaking of a similar fare, and this is a grim Grim podcast, I'd like it to be known that I Joe was not in charge of this too, grim. But Daniel Penny's homicide trial has begun in New York. Do you remember Daniel Penny, the former marine who put the lunatic in a chokehold who was menacing passengers on a New York City subway train? When was that? Was that last year or so? Last spring? Penny, who happens to be white, was indicted by the infamous Alvin Bragg, not long after Bragg indicted Donald Trump in the farcical case that was tried earlier this year, and Annie McCarthy points out of the National Review, there's a symmetry here. The Progressive Prosecutor project is mainly about two things. Using government's law enforcement apparatus against the political enemies of progressive Democrats, a whole lawfair thing, and converting the justice system into a racialized morality play, not just law and order, but oppressors and oppressed. And here's something you have not heard in the mainstream media discussion of this case, which is desperate for the white guy mean to black guy narrative, because it was so hot there for the summer of George Floyd Neely, the dead guy Jordan Neely, who absolutely had mental problems. He was a mentally unstable career criminal. He had over forty arrests to his name, thirty plus of them, and I wish I had this number in front of me.
Speaker 2: I think it's thirty.
Speaker 3: Two of them. Of his forty arrests were for assaulting people on subway trains. Wow, you get to just keep.
Speaker 1: Doing that over and over and over again, like three dozen times, or probably way more than that, because we all know you get caught and arrested for like one fifth of the things you do or something statistically.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, you have to commit many crimes to be arrested and be arrested many times to be convicted on average. But so this guy was menacing all these passengers and threatening him and screaming, I don't care if I go to jailing and a blank you up the rest of it, and Penny and others leaped to the defense of the women and children and oldsters that this guy was threatening, like you're talking about on the plane. And Penny put the crazy guy in a so called choke hold, which actually doesn't choke you. It makes you pass out because pressure on your carotid artery anyway, And he held him in that hold until authorities could get there, and the guy ended up not being breathing anymore, and he's dead. It's it's terrible. You know, you don't get the death penalty for being an a hole on subway, but it was clearly an accident. But Alvin Bragging Company are trying to portray this mister Penny is some sort of racist lunatic of course, and of course the victim quote unquote the victim's family is trying to complain that this is all about race and everything, which is just an idiotic thing to say.
Speaker 1: That's horrible. So it'll be interesting to see how this turns out.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, yeah, Neily had the synthetic cannaboid K two an illegal narcotic in his body can trigger hallucinations, and violent behavior can also prompt rapid heart rate, high blood pressure, seizures, and death. So anyway, the good news is mister Penny, his legal defence fund has raised lots and lots of money.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 3: So I'm hoping A. He is acquitted and b he has not rendered a destiny because of it.
Speaker 1: So back to my story. I started the podcast with, I'm at a bar, Kadie, you are the only one who has heard this story already. And I'm sitting at a bar. It's hardly anybody there. I think there's like four people in the whole bar besides the bartender. And I hear a fight a commencing behind me. As a guy who spent many a time in the kind of bars where fights happened.
Speaker 2: It was, that's not shocking to me at all.
Speaker 1: I mean, I worked at a bar where there were multiple fights every single night. Oh yeah, but I see if I turn around and there's this older guy getting his ass beaten by a younger guy, and I jumped on top of the younger guy, and I'm rolling around and I pull him off, the older guy, and then the bartender comes around the corner, and we get the younger guy out and he ends up going out the door or something like that. I don't remember what happens after that anyway, One I got blood all over my favorite leather jacket, which ruined it. And Two I found out later that the older guy absolutely had an ass kicking coming. I don't remember what it was, but it was something horrible he had done. Oh, the younger guy was absolutely in the right. And as my brother said, who used to manage a bar where fights happened all the time, What the hell are.
Speaker 2: You doing getting in the middle bar?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you never have any idea what's going on or how it's going to turn out.
Speaker 4: Or if somebody has a knife or a gun or well yeah, okay, but that's usually not the case.
Speaker 1: God does dander over for you, Jack.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I thought I was being a good smart and turned out I saved. I kept a young guy, younger guy from beating an older guy who had it coming.
Speaker 3: Well, now to ask or state what everybody's screaming at their speakers indoor earbuds, compare and contrast that with the airplane thing and what you're saying about, how did nobody jump in.
Speaker 1: I think that's yeah. Airplane's different than a bar. For one thing, I mean, fights happened all the time in bars. I've never seen a fight in an airplane.
Speaker 3: But if you're reading a magazine, watching a movie or something, then all of a sudden you realize there's a physical frekus going on. I could easily see, not knowing who's who, or what's going on, or what ied it, I.
Speaker 1: Would be impossible for me to stop myself from jumping in and stopping that guy from raining down blows on someone who's just sitting there. Well, described to me the situation where it would be justified for this guy to be beating him like that.
Speaker 3: I'm not I'm just saying you couldn't see what was going on. You wouldn't be sure what was going on. You've been on plenty airplanes. You can't see what the hell's going on four or five ten rows in front of you. I just tan to be a guy swinging, but that's all you'd see.
Speaker 1: Well, but what there's somebody closer than that that would I don't know.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't have.
Speaker 3: But two stories are not as distinct as you seem to think they are.
Speaker 1: I would I would not be able to stop myself. And I can't even imagine a scenario where you wouldn't absolutely be in the right to stop the one guy from pumbling the other guy.
Speaker 2: Who was asleep.
Speaker 3: Katie, would you like to weigh in here, or or let's get your brother Jeff on the line. I can wait.
Speaker 1: He will be the judge. No, I'm ever doing that in my life. I don't care if I'm sixty five years old. I'm not gonna watch some guy beat down somebody else and just stand there never doing it.
Speaker 3: You're not watching it. That's the point. You can't see what's going on on an airplane. All you see his motion in front of you, So you would be leaping into a situation where you only had half an idea what was going on.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm assuming I'm closer.
Speaker 1: I'm assuming I'm not in seat ninety five and this is the second row.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, fair enough, all right, it's clear.
Speaker 2: And I'm muly been that's a minute.
Speaker 3: I admire that.
Speaker 4: Okay, So you see commotion going on, you're gonna get up out of your seat, walk up and kind of like see what's going on, and then decide to jump in is that you know, are you gonna.
Speaker 1: I think if you were more than a couple rows back, I don't even know if you would have the slightest idea what was even happening.
Speaker 3: That's right, I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But if you like, we were right there.
Speaker 2: Like the roll behind them, like all these people that were being.
Speaker 3: Course sitting next to the guy. Oh, one hundred percent agree with who.
Speaker 1: Saw what was happening? The guy who's asleep and the guy came up and just started being on him for yeah, man, you are.
Speaker 3: Fully cognizant of it. But you know that's a fairly limited number of people on the airplane. But you know, with that cave yet, Yeah, I agree with you.
Speaker 2: Michael.
Speaker 3: Do you remember when we used to call Jack Captain Freedom?
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 1: Can we think of a fanciful scenario where the guy might have the beating coming.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think of one.
Speaker 1: Like he had just told him he was sleeping with his wife, and the guy said, I got to go to the bathroom and call him down. And then he comes back and says, you know what, I'm not going to put up with you sleeping with my wife and goes to beaten on him.
Speaker 3: He's always been. You don't have this guy didn't take any vows to hear your wife did so quit beaten on him.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, that doesn't work either. There's got to be there's got to be one I could come up with. He's the person who sexually abused you as a child, your whole life, and you ended up sitting next to him on a plane and you held it in through half the flight.
Speaker 2: But I don't know. I'm trying to come up again.
Speaker 3: Let the record show I've tried to lighten it up. Now we're into child sex molestation, say something lighter. So you were gambling on the plane, You're playing cards, and he cheated, and while he was napping, you decided, no, no, this is this is bad. Okay, So Captain Freedom, it was when you called if you see something, say something Las Vegas Airport?
Speaker 4: Was it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is an embarrassing story.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't remember it. That you saw guys, Middle Eastern guys loads of truck.
Speaker 2: Right, and he might have just been tan. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Why would a Tan guy load a truck if not for you know, Islamic supremacist reasons.
Speaker 1: This was actually New Year's Eve in Las Vegas two thousand and one, So this is months after nine to eleven. Yes, I made the stupid decision of going to Las Vegas where the security was so tight you couldn't do anything. Finally went just back to the hotel room with like, there's no point in being here.
Speaker 2: I mean, you couldn't.
Speaker 1: You couldn't even walk through a casino. There were so many cops in here, and if you stop for a second, keep moving, keep moving. It was just horrible because they were so worried about a terrorist attack in Vegas. Anyway, I get back to the cheap, crappy hotel. Man, it's not like I meant some luxury casino. I'm at the motel six and I'm drinking beer and looking out my window and I see a van back up to a lower floor and a bunch of tan guys. But they're loading something in or out.
Speaker 2: Of the van.
Speaker 1: That's why I called my one, Jack.
Speaker 2: Yes he was.
Speaker 3: He was protecting America, Katies, Captain Freedom, protecting America.
Speaker 1: Oh God, God out.
Speaker 2: Maybe they're staying at the room.
Speaker 1: It's their luggage.
Speaker 2: I don't know, it could be lots of things.
Speaker 3: Oh Jack, Italian guys trying to get their luggage into their their van. What's the matter, help me with the suitcase.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's my lowest moment. That was Captain Freedwey's most.
Speaker 3: That's the sound we used to always play.
Speaker 4: Okay, Oh, I mean, I appreciate where you were coming from, you know, trying to save the planet and.
Speaker 3: All, you know, at the risk of running a foul of the tangent police tangent on a tangent on a tangent. If you ever watched old timey TV shows and movies, whenever they had to like portray Indians or Poncho Villa's army or whatever, it was usually Italian guys. Yeah, because they're kind of sort of olive skinned and they'd layer a little makeup on that. But if you're familiar with Italian Americans, you're like, that Indian chief's name is Demucci, that's the actor's real name.
Speaker 2: You're not fooling me.
Speaker 3: So it's probably a bunch of a bunch of Italian guys loo in Maasagna for their big New Year's party. You brought the FBI on in the down on them.
Speaker 1: Well, Happy Halloween, everybody, I guess that's it.