Speaker 1: It's definitely been a long camp, but it's been fun. You know, that's some good competition. Like we talked about before, he's kind of banging it has against those guys every day, so ready to play somebody else.
Speaker 2: What's it been like going up against uh Javon Hardrive just to sort of a different guy maybe than what we've gone a gone up against you the past.
Speaker 3: Uh, he's as advertised that it was good.
Speaker 1: He's a really good players, really strong, he plays a really good leverage and he just keeps going like he's the guy that just continues to rush, continues to play hard and you know he's definitely a handful.
Speaker 2: Does teach you about your own leverage? Mean to get get you into the the mode where I've got to get lower and or s.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean he's different from a lot of guys that you know, I've I've had to block and had to play against.
Speaker 3: But he's also just really powerful with it.
Speaker 1: So just stopping that from a leverage standpoint and a strength standpoint and something that's been you know, not easy. You know, it's definitely been uh a grind to kind of figure that guy out a little bit. But you know it's been. I think that it's been back and forth for us d Did you.
Speaker 4: Uh last week when you had to come out of practice, Uh, we're dizzy. I mean what can you kind of go over?
Speaker 3: What what happened?
Speaker 4: Coach Forster said, he lost like fourteen pounds.
Speaker 3: And yeah, and I cramped up. It happens.
Speaker 1: I had lost a decent amount of weight the day before and then it was hell of hot out there. It was like ninety and I was trying to get it back that night and that morning and just couldn't get it all the way back. And it's hard, but it's just practice are hard. We practiced at a very fast paced, fast tempo, and you know it's bound to happen. Honestly, in the past, I cramped up, you know, a decent amount in camp like up to that point, Like that was my first time this training camp. So I think that's a step, you know step for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, what a part?
Speaker 4: What a What part of your game has most improved since last year?
Speaker 3: I think just all around.
Speaker 1: I think my run blocking has gotten a bit better. I think that's something that I've been working on this off using and trying to make sure that you know, if we can move the chains on first second down, we know they need to get the third down, so you know, trying to be as the best I can be on each down, first, second, third, doesn't matter. You know, same thing I was doing last year, just trying to improve each day.
Speaker 4: I guess your mindset this year as oposed the last year, going into a season opener knowing that how well you progressed about your rookie year kind of what are you anticipating when you guys get to Pittsburgh next week?
Speaker 3: Not as many butterflies.
Speaker 1: Or I mean, it's a team that I haven't seen, and they have really good players up front. You know, cam Vers a very strong big player, and I think, you know, block and hard Grave each day is you know, a good lead up into you know what kind of player he is. But across the board, they you know, I think I think they're a really good team. I think that you know, they're a little bit slept on. So it'll be fun here.
Speaker 4: Last year was you and Spencer Jake in the middle there for the first time.
Speaker 3: Now he had a whole year to work on it.
Speaker 4: How's the communication improved between the three of you and how would you would you say you guys are improved overall since a year ago.
Speaker 1: Well, I think the communication has definitely improved, and that comes with you know, spending times with guys. You know, we've I think we've had a lot of time to jail, a lot of time to you know, become cohesive and even just do camp. Like just from where we are now to where we were last year in camp, Like there's not a dissertation at the line scrimmage, like you know, we we know what we're doing, like, oh we didn't. Very little needs to be said when we go up to like cause we're all on the same page and know what we're doing.
Speaker 2: Almost.
Speaker 1: Sam darnle beIN of the huddle, what is it h how is he different? I feel like they're all very similar in the huddle, Like they command the huddle. They come in and they their presences felt like they're running the huddle, and you know, it's it's kind of just what you expect from a quarterback. And I think you know what you expect from each of our quarterbacks is the same.
Speaker 3: And they all present that.
Speaker 4: Hargreg seem seem Hardgret seems very quiet, seems any different on the field or see ever talked trash or.
Speaker 3: Nah, nah, he's a quiet due.
Speaker 1: That is that kind of funny when or just I don't know, what's it like when the guy's quiet and then he's just you know, like a bulldozer on the field.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm not a big talker anyway, so it's kind of just you know, we're out there working. Yeah, I don't know. Not everybody talks, and it's just what it is.
Speaker 3: You had any one on ones with Clia Davis.
Speaker 4: And and give us your thoughts on kin Law as well, those two guys obviously in the running from roster spots.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I haven't had any I haven't had many reps against Katie, but I've had a decent amount of reps with kin Law. And I think ken Law is playing with you know, some fires and physicality. I really just can see, you know, him him returning kin Law. I think he's come a long way, you know, not just on the field, but off the field. I think he's in a good space right now.
Speaker 3: That's it. Yeah,