Speaker 1: Big Fox Entertainment Queens, Sam's The Rick Budgess Show with Speedy, Greg, Bugs, had Evan and rickch.
Speaker 2: And here we go America. It is a brand new Why we're at a brand new day on a brand new week.
Speaker 3: The veterans are ready.
Speaker 2: Here we go America.
Speaker 3: Western Florida's Laurel, Mississippi.
Speaker 2: While they're coming in. It's Marbury, Alabama. There's the Foxes in alabastera new.
Speaker 3: Northwest Beaches of Florida Airport Ready, Waxell's ready, Yellow Creek, Tuscaloosa County.
Speaker 4: Ready, Ready, Birch Luna and gee, we see you, Union Springs, chas Bono's beard.
Speaker 2: Is ready, Shipley, Florida. Auburn, Alabama reading. There's George. You're ready to go?
Speaker 3: Go down and Decatur, Alabama centers Star is ready and Adam, what's up?
Speaker 4: Abby?
Speaker 2: Java?
Speaker 5: You ready for?
Speaker 2: There's Gunnersville. I was there Saturday.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: The Prewitz are back from the beach. Guys, you're ready.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Metro Power in Daphne ready. Uh what is that? Lisbon New Hampshire.
Speaker 4: Good night Hollywood in Scottsborough, Aerospace in Oxford, we continue. Washington State's ready another day uh, and we are ready to go another week too.
Speaker 2: So Speedy, Greg and Nadler all here. Welcome back.
Speaker 4: Check one check, everybody's here, check one two check.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was great.
Speaker 4: I was went to see my father in law in Gunnersville, Alabama on Saturday. We started to share it and I started realizing that with me going to Texas this weekend and everything that we have going on Father's Day weekend, that if we wanted to go see my father in law for Father's Day, we need to go Saturday. We didn't have anything going. The weather was beautiful, Gunnersville was lake. Gunnersville's a magnificent place to be. And went over to the Old City Harbor and ran into all kinds of folks that were saying for me to tell you guys hello, and they're loving the show.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was good. Good to see all of you there in Gunnersville. So that was a great visit.
Speaker 2: That's a pretty drive in it. It is a beautiful drive. It was great.
Speaker 4: And I'll look for barns when I drive, all right, Well you'll get plenty of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Uh so uh that's right left right a barn, you know. Yeah, I like a barn that don't like barn like a barn. Of course, you know, there was a we were you know, we walked a trail with her dad.
Speaker 2: You know, get him out, get him moving.
Speaker 4: Trails, and it was like the trail of course, they're the trail trail to a barn. Yeah, the trails right there go right by Lake Gunners. Well, if you've never seen Lake Gunners Wille, it is magnificent. They damned that baby up in the thirties, I think nineteen thirty nine, thirty eight, the old Tennessee River. Wow, uh and boyd yeah, they turned that thing into one of the most beautiful lakes that we have in the country.
Speaker 2: And so it was great to be there.
Speaker 4: And of course I didn't realize though that during the Civil War, I don't think it was it was hey, hey, Union, y'all, y'all got us, they don't need to burn city down.
Speaker 2: Burn city.
Speaker 4: Apparently some of our some of the Confederates, took out somebody in the Union Army that they really liked, and they took it out on Gunners.
Speaker 5: By the way, I did, I forgot about this, it is. It is so beautiful. I did a wedding right there.
Speaker 2: Is that that hotel right there.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's right by the city Harbor. That hotel right there, I think, really really pretty.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: Uh, I love Barnwood Builders, and I believe they did some stuff there too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, beams and that there's a big olam a lady that was on an episode.
Speaker 2: These are like early seasons of Barnwood Builders. They have like one hundred seasons. Uh. But they've I think done more work with her.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I told and I've even got some pictures I could send Atlas somebody.
Speaker 2: I should wait.
Speaker 4: But you know, the Sherry and you know, it's a it's something that at one time I guess was was more normal, but in our lifetime it really wasn't. But she is still from Her family has their own graveyard. So when you go to when someone is laid down there, that's in their own graveyard and you go there so you can see the history of the entire family. They're in that graveyard. And wow, so the bow Dines will serve Yeah, I'm talking about all the way back to the War of eighteen twelve.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: So yeah, So it was looking at it, looking at all that and I mean for for Sherry and I guess it's great to have them all at one place instead of spread around like.
Speaker 2: Most of us.
Speaker 4: And she was able to go, all right, so there's you know, there is because her mom passed last year. She's like, okay, so here's my mom, and that's where my dad will be. And I thought how odd it was for him to stand and actually see it. But then then you go and here's my granddad, here's my great granddad, here's my great great granddad, and and they're.
Speaker 2: Just they all are right there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's and it's a beautiful on a little hill overlooking a little little pasture.
Speaker 2: It's it's beautiful place.
Speaker 4: And I believe the history for her family too, you know, with bow Dines, they came from France, and the history is that that all that land that her family has, including this cemetery, was given as payment for somebody way back that actually fought.
Speaker 2: In the Revolutionary War. Hey, thank you very much for you with all these facts today. Wow.
Speaker 4: So because they sometimes they would just pay people for their service with land, because you know, we didn't have a whole lot of money land round, and so that would be what you would get for serving is plot of land. After we were done with the Red Coats. Of course they came back in eighteen twelve and they were serious. But but you know, and we talked about even in the past years when we were all doing Rick and Bubba together and brought up the point as far as miraculous, the war of eighteen twelve may be more miraculous because we kind of surprised them with the Revolutionary War.
Speaker 2: They didn't think we could do what we could do.
Speaker 4: But they came back in eighteen twelve and brought everything and never we won't take it back, and we won again. And if you read the history of eighteen twelve, there's a lot of supernatural things that happened, like a storm that helped us one time. They kind of came out of nowhere.
Speaker 2: It was. It's interesting.
Speaker 4: Of course that's where we got Star Spangled banner from.
Speaker 2: And see if that flag was still.
Speaker 4: There, Yeah, still there, still still there. Lotaturday It would it killed him to make a song easier to sing.
Speaker 2: But anyway, yeah, a lot of range, right, yeah, a lot of people. Taxation says they found a gator in Lake Gunners for a few weeks. You can't even have a.
Speaker 5: Good gaters will live anywhere in sewers.
Speaker 2: Good not live anywhere.
Speaker 4: Want somebody who saw Strange Encounters this weekend, Ricky, if you're going to Texas, stay away from Waco.
Speaker 2: Oh you don't have to worry about that.
Speaker 4: Uh huh, that's creepy place. Well, you know, I just was saying, there's been a lot of term over there. Yeah, there has been so uh yeah, if you miss that, So let's update you and all that and we'll get to the break and get started.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 4: You do have things that happen over the weekend as far as content, and there's plenty of it. Uh, you can go and get Strange Encounters episode three. Uh, there is a story that happened in Waco, Texas that that I share, and we we cover more about angels and demons, what seems to be biblically sound and things that we come up with that you can't really scripturally support. So you can you can enjoy that. Thank you for all your feedback on that. By the way, and I want to tell you on Strange Encounters, let me tell you what the goal is not. The goal is not to try to scare you. That's not what we're trying to do. We're trying to be informative. So so don't if you're kind of shining away from it going it's really we're trying to be informative.
Speaker 2: We're not trying to scare you.
Speaker 4: Now, some of the things we talk about can be troubling, but but but also we want you to understand that there's things that are to be reassuring too.
Speaker 2: So so just.
Speaker 4: If you haven't caught it, episode three is out over the weekend, and let me tell you something we now now some of you haven't seen it yet, thousands of you have. Thousands of you now know who won the Burgess Past battle. M h because episode four out this weekend. Got a lot of great feedback on that. That really turned out. That really turned out great. So everybody here did such a good job, and young Broderick did a great job of editing that and bouncing around the pond. I think everybody miked with the wrong cameraman was definitely a game changer. So if you haven't seen episode four, tells from the camp House. That's now available, Adam, I've got a hay burge on that too. I'll let you coe up to something everybody wants us to review, but I don't know whether to give it away, because I mean, it just now came out.
Speaker 2: Now you're worried about giving something away.
Speaker 4: Sure, but anyway, thousands of people have already seen it, so it may come up on the show today if you haven't seen it. And then episode twenty of Rick and Bubba's Greatest Hits in Radio Gold if you want to go back and enjoy some of the greatest moments of the thirty one years of the Rick and Bubba Show. All that came out over the weekend, so you.
Speaker 2: Can go grab that. And of course, the daily.
Speaker 4: Archives of the Rick Burgess Show also available all the time. So we'll be back and we'll kind of jump into the day. Pretty active week.
Speaker 5: Mister Chen is alive.
Speaker 4: Chen's a I feel like I have to tell you you do.
Speaker 5: I feel like Monday first segments all sad about it for some reason.
Speaker 7: He's not.
Speaker 2: We don't want to go.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Get us signed a copy of Rick's new book, Men Don't Run in the Rain for Father's Day by going to the Manchurch dot com.
Speaker 4: All right, so remember that one week from today. One week from today is the cutoff, So if you want to sign copy the Men don't run in the rain for Father's Day. You got to get that order in before Monday comes again. As of Monday, that'll be it, because we can't get it to you by then, no way. Uh, so we're staying on top of it.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 4: If you remember, if you want to get a signed copy, you must use our links. You're not gonna find that on Amazon or any of the or any of the audio versions or any of that e books. You got to go to the links that we provide at Rick Burgess Show dot com, Themanchurch dot com, or Burgessministries dot com and then you'll see the red hyperlink that says click here for sign copy. And then once you do that, you can get as many as you want. Some of you have asked that, do I need to click that every time? No, you can go in there and say I want five. That's fine, uh, and we'll get them signed. We'll get them back to you. But the cutoff is a week from today. So just hang on to that and work with us.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: Some of you have asked whether.
Speaker 4: It be signed copy that signed options available after Father's Day. I'm talking to the publisher about that.
Speaker 2: I'll let you know.
Speaker 4: Greg the audience wants to know, did you see Earnhart this week? Did Greg saw it?
Speaker 2: He finished it? Did you did you take the squalling?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a good one. You did, but it was a good one.
Speaker 4: But Lisa acted like she started watching too, and act like she always wanted to wa wait a minute, she claims that I was. She thought I was talking about the one that it's kind of like the F one version. They got the NASCAR version of the season. Yeah, it's basically last year's season, right, I like that show, the great show. And she was like, I thought that, but wait, les claiming she always wanted to watch Stern Heart. Yes, and you're you're saying, you know when you brought up she had an attitude about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but she's claiming she thought it was that other one. But I'm not buying that. But anyway, so, yeah, we so you started watching it and she sat down. I was like, oh, what's this?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I'm going this is what you didn't want to watch while you're over squalling.
Speaker 2: She did squawk. Yeah, yeah, you know it's gonna get it. Well, you can't help a squall. But it was really well ring together, very well done.
Speaker 4: I thought does it were you a little surprised at some of the things that Walter would say?
Speaker 2: Dere Walter not well when he.
Speaker 4: When he said something about kind of like because I because at least I got mad at Dearyl for that and that I didn't he was coming greg almost mean it almost backed up and said, did I hear that right? Said that people think he's the greatest ever? But he wasn't right with something? Isn't that what he said? Because I almost rewounded and said did I? Because I don't want to miss quote him, but he was trying to say stuck in the middle here that he was trying to say that he's outstanding, but some people say he was the best driver ever. And Darryl Walter says basically Daryl saying that's kind of a bold statement. Was some pretty good drivers, which I guess which is true, but it doesn't mean plus those years when he was roughing them up real bad, they a lot of them like that that that's not how you do this right.
Speaker 2: A lot of people didn't agree with it. Do you do you drivers?
Speaker 4: And why got on them when he wrecked them both on that on the short track on the last last.
Speaker 2: But I gotta warning everybody, both Burgess boys.
Speaker 4: You'll have had plenty of time to watch it, all right, I don't know. Do you think then, and do you agree with this? Even Earnhardt himself, as best he could, said he also changed how he raced too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he stopped doing that.
Speaker 4: Yeah he got he got a banging a little bit. But when he first came in, poor Jeff bo'dine, Oh my goodness. But anyway and terrible. I didn't have a problem what Waldrop said. I mean, he's got the right. He knows as much as he accomplished, he's pretty durned good itself. Well, you also saw that he was very upset about Dell Earnhart and cared about him greatly. And the thing when he said, why in the world did he hire Mikey when Mikey was over four hundred.
Speaker 2: And sixty two, Yeah, that was what's hilarious.
Speaker 4: Of course, Earnhardt said, well, your brother's never won because he's never ridden into in our gear.
Speaker 2: I'll put in one of my cars. He'll win. Of course he did. He did, but that was a long, long losing streak. I know this bothered Sherry. I'd love to know about Lisa earn Hart as a father. This kind of went, you know, behind the curtain on that. It was that disappointing for Lisa.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I think most people kind of knew that, you know, didn't expect him to be.
Speaker 2: But you know, in the end, he did best he could. I guess from what you know, what about his son of sixteen years oldfore we ever saw it, you.
Speaker 4: Know, yeah, well, and the fact that you haven't seen your son ever and he walks in and you say, hey, what's up, let's go for a ride?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, And then he was like, if you're not first, your last, And I was like, oh, man, oh he's yeah, that was Ricky, Bobby sure, are you sure?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think that was I remember right after you put that mountain line in the car.
Speaker 4: With that's right of course that Earnhart nations turned on Walter. Now that was not our intention, I said, Detect Nation.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't thank you. It didn't bother me.
Speaker 4: I think there's been a lot of great drivers, and Derek Walder's seen a lot more than I think. Yeah, I think Darrel Walders did what we would do here that you can say that he was one of the greatest drivers of all time. But if you declare he is the greatest, that's quite a statement. Yeah, there's been a lot of good drivers, right, as much as it wasn't our thing, O, Jeffrey Gordon was pretty good, very good.
Speaker 2: What about when he was for a while crazy too? That was at the hey Day. I mean it was yes to see them crowds.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and his kids, you know, uh Walker and Texas Ranger.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 4: I didn't like the way his life acted. Yeah, the so I mean it was it's a great doctum.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really good. And you'll take the swallen And again.
Speaker 4: I knew most of it from listening to the Day of ju has guests on that were in that era, and.
Speaker 5: Then I knew about it. I knew most of it.
Speaker 2: I kind of knew about it inside.
Speaker 5: Now I kind of like watching somewhere you know about it. You know, you're like, oh, I remember that, Oh I knew that.
Speaker 4: Well, there were things you know, you you remember, but then you don't remember. Yeah, you're like, oh, okay, I remember some of this. By the way, me claiming I remember all this is incorrect. I don't remember that right there, but now do Yeah? What about how many races was that he ran, you know, when he was, you know, just getting started, and his dad never came to none of them. It was like one hundred and fifty or something, Yeah, and he never came to any of Ernhard didn't come to one race. But I think that was you know, everybody has different styles. I think his thing was and I'm not trying to speak for Earnhardt singor I'm sure he doesn't need that, but I think in that case, he thought that he would almost overshadow if he shows up, and because that time he had he was incredibly successful, Yeah, and had a huge fan base. My son's trying to make his way, and he thought was the best way is to let him make his way. And a few times Hank Parker, who's in this a lot by the way outdoorsman, corrected him on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but some guard.
Speaker 4: But I can understand him saying, if I show up at this little track, all attention is going to be taken away and gonna put on me.
Speaker 2: And I didn't see the same way. And his dad did the same thing.
Speaker 4: But by the way, usually when you see this kind of stuff, go back to the other dad and you'll you'll you'll go, oh, this makes sense. Now, I don't think that stuff he's passed on the documentary. It may be just on one of the interviews, but he said he finally won a race. He said he never won a lot when he was coming up Dale Junior. He said, he finally won one, and I had the trophy sitting out and everything and wanted dad to see it and be like. He looked at him and he's saying, there's some guy that dominated that track. He said, well, he must not have been there.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, because evidently he wasn't there. So is there any reason for me to watch it now that y'all have?
Speaker 5: I mean, my favorite part was when he was like shake and bait.
Speaker 2: By the way, I agree. I agree with text Nation.
Speaker 4: Hey Gordon, the frosted eyebrows, I mean you can was his eyebrows. Look we're got gray frosting on him? Now what Yeah, we got some big eyebrows.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show, all.
Speaker 4: Right, Listen that Blaze TV just dropped an explosive investigation and you need to see it now. It's been five years, believe it or not, since George Floyd. You remember this in Minneapolis and everything turned upside down. For the first time ever, three active duty Minneapolis police officers are speaking out on camera. They remain anonymous, and they're telling the truth about what really happened.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: These guys were on the front lines when the third Priesinct was abandoned and burned. They're still on the jobs, still in uniform, and what they reveal about Derek Shavin, Governor Tim Walls and the breakdown of law and order in that city is absolutely jaw dropping. They say that the officer that was held accountable was railroaded, that Walls completely failed him. They're risking their lives every day in a city that's turned its back on them.
Speaker 2: Here's the deal.
Speaker 4: You can watch the first ten minutes for free right now on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Just search on.
Speaker 4: YouTube Blaze tv Minneapolis. But to see the full unfiltered investigation, you got to be a Blaze TV subscriber, So head over to Blaze tv dot com slash rick and get twenty dollars off your subscription. Sign up, support unrelenting journalism and see what the media won't show.
Speaker 8: You simply outworking the competition.
Speaker 4: The Rick, Yeah, doing things the competition just can't do. And we've listed some of those already this hour.
Speaker 2: Thanks for being here.
Speaker 4: All right, America, We've introduced you to this great company out of the great state of Tennessee, Safe Step Walk In Tubs. Have you got somebody in the family or maybe you yourself have gotten to the point or you're like, you know, stepping over in that tub. I still like a tub, but stepping over in that tub, I don't think I want to break a hip over it. Well, go ahead and get back to enjoying the tub by bringing and our friends at Safe Step Walk in Tubs. Now we're gonna save you sixteen hundred dollars. Now I got Speedy's attention. Speedy can get in any of a tub. He almost got one. Just cost those saving.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, just go. I'm a force one on my parents because of that. Now you know what that? Yeah, that is a good idea.
Speaker 4: So why don't you go right now to Rick Burgess Show dot com. Okay, and you'll see our sponsors link. Click on that and you'll see this number one eight hundred nine five six twelve twenty. They also will throw in a free shower package as well, So sixteen hundred dollars off and a free shower package uh, and of course they've got all kinds of cool things you can add to the tub too.
Speaker 2: They normally get this done in one day.
Speaker 4: They can transform any bathroom into a safe step walking tub bathroom. Get get some of their therapeutic benefits to soothing your aching muscles and joints, increasing your mobility, boosting your energy, improving your sleep. They got all that too. So why don't you go right now to Rick burgershow dot com. Look under the sponsors. Contact them. There's no obligation to use them. You're gonna love them though. One eight hundred nine five six twelve twenty, Save sixteen hundred dollars and get a free shower package. Okay, so Greg saw Earnhardt Speed. There's no need for you to see it now. Greg Night, Greg and I have this cover. You haven't talked to Hoby's hobby saying it yet. I need to ask him about that. I know.
Speaker 2: I don't think he had seen it. Friday when we worked out and Greg was a no show.
Speaker 4: Greg, Greg, that was another question I got over the weekend. Yeah, Greg, no show at workout Friday?
Speaker 2: No show it is? Yeah, So you're Greg done? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I didn't go Okay, he won't go again. Why don't you just tell them you're not gonna do that? Yeah, I wish you would, right, I wish Why do you keep giving them hope?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm standing them up. It's like the date and you're staying the.
Speaker 2: First time in a long time. I've even considered it.
Speaker 7: Greg.
Speaker 4: It's one thing to disappoint speedy, but Greg, but you're also disappointing obi wanbi wan obi wan kenobibie kobebi obi wan kenobe.
Speaker 2: I walked in solo and he was like, where's Greg speaking?
Speaker 4: I thought he said he was coming. I said, Greg ain't coming. He ain't coming. So in the workout, can you keep it with Hoby? He's a little younger, I know. Do you show you show them a little something from before us older folk?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, just teaching young man mental, mental toughness, little second hand lines.
Speaker 2: A man. I try to get two more reps. You know.
Speaker 4: I know that you get a lot from Hoby. Does he get anything from you?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know. That's a great question, right, I think so. I think so, buddy. See, we're gonna make fun of stuff. So this is turned from Greg standing us up to Now I'm being made fun of guys in this room. It can turn quick on you. You think you got something going also, you look at everybody's turning, like to focus more on Greg standing us up?
Speaker 4: Greg, are you going to ever go to one of these workouts? Just get this off the table? Yeah, I'll go this week, probably to me. I gotta let Greg know. I think he's picked up on it. The only reason I asked is I want to entertain myself. You know, I know he's not going no, but I always want to entertain myself. I wonder what he's come up with today.
Speaker 2: Well I can't. Did you ever hear from him frontay? You know he mumbled on the way out. I was I was leaving and I wasn't even gonna ask him about He goes, hey man, and then he came up with something. No, you said you had to stop off some I had to go through a Yeah, what you have to do? And here's his problem. And I understand he wants to get home because he's got a long driving. But when he's got something on his mind, he can't do anything else. So he could he could go in and do a quick workout and still go do what he has to do. Listen here. If I'm not gonna let him know I'm coming.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you'll be looking at the door of the whole time if you're going is worrying. Yeah, Actually, footage of Speedy and hopeing working out. I found footage of thee It is.
Speaker 2: Way right though. I always thought that was weird. Don't have little boys have dolls? Remember they tried. That's basically an action figure. That's one thing.
Speaker 4: I don't think that was a big sass fun but it was huge. I don't think my buddy sold a lot. Well that that's a scary movie kind of mester.
Speaker 2: That's nothing but chunkies.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're right that saying overall there was a fire redhead besides my buddy, not a big hit. Like you said, action figure is fine, but not that. Yeah, I mean, that's that's all I have been huge. That's that is a baby doll for me, for boys, it is. We don't need that, buddy.
Speaker 5: My Hobie the doll was a big hit in the eighties, but it wasn't a big hit the TV commercials.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, and Fridays. We we normally don't work out on Fridays because it's just it's Friday, and we go Friday working. But we did we did, uh get get one ind and but I knew he wasn't going. So I just want Greg to know that I'm not going to ask anymore. It's just part of it's just me entertaining myself. Is that because I just want to see what now. I can't today. I gotta wipe my butt. I can't go. You know, Ever since I got you know, we could walk to it. It was a lot easier. Why he says that.
Speaker 4: Every time once I get in the car, guys, I got pretty good drive once I get in the car, kind of like he always plays it. He'll play that commute card. He'll lay down that commute card. Second and let me tell you something. Once he hits riverside, Yeah, and that door shuts and it's over.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 4: Now, I want to say, the only reason this even got got cranking again because.
Speaker 2: I remember, I don't ask anymore. I just go, is that last week I said, Hey, I'm going, He goes, say, what what y'all going this week? And he engaged me and said, hey, Friday, I might be going. Friday said this was brought up. I don't ask him anymore.
Speaker 4: Greg, give me what a commuter doesn't do? Work out on Friday ever? No, even people I live and I'm gonna work out on frontay.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Hey, by the way, I had wrestling. I didn't ever have to my buddy, but I had wrestling buddies. Do you guys remember those?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yes, so did those counted?
Speaker 4: I have dolls as a matter of fact. Wrestling As a matter of fact, we were were you've been checking cost you know when we started the Words show, and then we got fund the nations, So that way, you know, the merch can do good things and also get things to you and and help fund the nations as well. But this was one of the things they proposed, is all four of us on the show, each one one of these, and they're still working on and they're still working on.
Speaker 2: If we pull this off, it will be huge.
Speaker 5: Buddies. So that nose on hulk Ogan, I punched that a million times.
Speaker 2: Why would you punch Holkan?
Speaker 5: He he was my wrestling buddies. We're going we were to fight. You were a little holster, all the little I thought you like, and then we were going to sleep together and snuggle.
Speaker 2: You made it weird with me, don't make it weird.
Speaker 5: But we fought too.
Speaker 2: Now we were like brothers. Now this other one over here? What was was.
Speaker 5: An Ultimate Warrior?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's Ultimate war I couldn't remember all their names.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I never really those two exact things.
Speaker 4: I never really got into wrestling to me, once it left Georgia Championship.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it.
Speaker 4: Got one big yeah. And then and sat when Tyler got old nothing and he liked it. But I took a break. Now when we were watching Georgia Championship with the free Birds, what Tony Atlas, Oh, Tommy wild are the spoiler?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I just forgot about the spoiler.
Speaker 4: Yeah you don't remember the spoiler Stan Hansen heart punch? Uh yeah, oh yes, oh yeah absolutely?
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: The the Anderson brothers and Anderson's there was a million, it was a million of them. Only Jean Armstrong one of them, Jean Jean Jean and Lars Lars Lars Anderson.
Speaker 2: How do I remember that? I don't remember Abdullah the butcher doula dirty dis later. Yeah, nobody he was part of that was in my mind. I just want to his name, make his.
Speaker 4: Name, you can't help it. I knew he was gonna say I had that name alone. Really, I'd forgotten. I'm not supposed to salt about Ggia championsip wrestling anymore. And how can we forget the American dream Dusty Rope, Oh my goodness, had the worst looking body, but was agile as he coubet.
Speaker 2: Oh, let me tell you the fat guy. That's agile.
Speaker 5: Nothing better watching magic happen.
Speaker 2: It really is like watching his boy is like a big star. Now, Oh, yes he is. He's one of the main ones.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, Cody Rose is his boy. Yeah, I forgot about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I think he really is. You know, a lot of times they act like their brothers and stud like the Anderson's. I really don't think they were all from the same family, but I think he actually is.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you, Greg can support me on this.
Speaker 4: So we lived up halfway between Birmingham, Alabama and Atlanta, Georgia. So the Georgia Championship Ship people would come to our local civic center.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, the big names.
Speaker 4: And one of the things is we went to school with a guy that got body slammed by one of the ends. Oley Anderson body slammed one of our friends. It was the greatest not ever. Yeah, because he threw he had had a coke from the cans stand and when when OI come buy, he threw it on him and slammed. He got slam on the Civic Center floor on the weight of the ring and they latter came through.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll be right, and I forgot about it.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. It's like you're eating lunch at the cool table, the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: We're back.
Speaker 4: Thanks for being with us America. We've hit a lot here in the first hour.
Speaker 2: As is the norm. You know, every day you don't have to miss any of the show.
Speaker 4: Catch it, catch the archives on your own time. All right, So we told you everything this out from the weekend. We've got the Strange Encounters Episode three, Tales from the camp House Episode four, The Burgess Bass Battle Part two. We do find out who is the winner. I'll let you know this. The brush Hog MVP id Waneta hit away.
Speaker 2: So so go catch that if if you a lot of people call it unfair, but that's fine, it's your home field.
Speaker 4: Well, I just want to hear that. Also, you enjoyed. What about the realization then when I realized that. Well, if you haven't seen it, we don't want to give it away. You don't, No, we don't want to give and give it away too. No, well, I mean let's give it a few more days and then and then, uh but go catch that if you if you missed it over the weekend.
Speaker 2: What a blast? Do we not have a blast? Yes, it's something else.
Speaker 4: Over in the old sports world. Good night, we'll see your top seeds. Top two national seeds in the College Baseball World Series Omaha, Nebraska Vanderbilt in Texas out yes, out that didn't last long. No, So that which is just I mean shocking. And I saw that Wake Forest beat Tennessee. But I mean that that that's they're still alive though, right it's Tennessee going on into the.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they are far enough. That was just a you have some spillovers from uh from you know, this past weekend into today, like North Carolina, Oklahoma, USC, Oregon State, Murray State in the Ole Miss Regional. Ole Miss beat them yesterday to force a final game today, and then same thing with Wake Forest Tennessee. They play today. LSU Little Rock beat LSU, so they got to play today. And then Miami and Southern miss as well play today. So there's there's a lot out there still still to be determined. But man, some big ups as Georgia loss too, uh uh and they were expected to win theirs. So but yeah, one and two, I heard something and I might be wrong here, but I want to say maybe for the first time since nineteen ninety nine, the top two national seeds lost, So the.
Speaker 4: Road to Omaha is still still going. When do we get to Omaha?
Speaker 2: Second time since nineteen ninety nine? It says the top two seeds. So what happens is so you have the regionals and then you have the Super Regionals and then Omaha. So towards the end of the month, later in this month, right, yeah, because this is by the ways, June, I know, welcome. I know Terry and I were talking about yesterday, so like.
Speaker 4: Were talking football, I know, grey as we start talking it's over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, great, Well you've seen Seminal win to.
Speaker 4: Me from John Alon. Do you think that song's about Seminal Texas? Either it is or because that's where probably not, you know, that's where I'm supposed to go this weekend. It's real, it's.
Speaker 5: Probably probably about like the seminoles.
Speaker 2: Do you know you know how well it mentioned chief?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Okay, do listen, y'all know this all we all have these in our life, so and and so many things and it's a it's a it's a blessing. But there's so many things that that we get booked to do that. I mean, it'll be a year year and a half when it first comes across. I remember about a year and a half ago going I wonder where Seminal Texas is, right, and then thinking well, that's a that's a while away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's a year and a half. Well this's this weekend.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and so looking forward to that first Baptist church, Seminal Texas near Lubbock, I'll be I'll be flying into Lubbock, which all I can think about, stubborn. I didn't say, what do you think? And so Lord Willing, but I was. I followed your lead, speedy. I booked the very the very earliest flight possible.
Speaker 2: You got to first one out, yeah, because if not, it just you know, it just starts affecting everything. So you know, having having an appointment after lunch, sometimes I'll mess everything up because everything that was late early has now spilled over into the afternoon.
Speaker 4: So Saturday night will be the men's event, uh and uh, and they will have copies of men Don't Run in the Rain. I found out that the publisher did send copies there, so I'll be there, be able to if you want to get those, and be able to sign those for you on Saturday night. Then Sunday morning I'll preach I think two services they have, and then I'll work my way back and Lord willen be here on Monday.
Speaker 2: All right, busy weekend, So looking.
Speaker 4: Forward to seeing all of you in Seminal, Texas or if you're in and around that area, want to join us.
Speaker 2: We'd love to have you. Also.
Speaker 4: Staying with sports, the Colorado Rockies have made history. Fiftieth loss of the season.
Speaker 2: Was that history? Yeah? You don't want to make the history that way? Fiftieth loss? Good night. How do you keep a good attitude? Be tough?
Speaker 4: How do you keep a good long season? I mean that is you know as a long one? Look and of course was it last year the head of street, Remember we kept up with them. Somebody else was lived in a bunch last year. I'll forget who it was. Yeah, keep up with enough also speeding. I want to ask you a question now that I found out.
Speaker 2: I am sitting here looking. I'm sorry. I'm back on the Rockies. Rick the Rockies fifty losses, So they're right now, understand something. They're nine and fifty.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 4: Can you imagine, Calee, y'all at home, there's six and twenty two. On the road, they're three and twenty eight. Anybody here ever played on a team that was terrible and you knew you had no chance? I was pretty fortunate. I don't I remember playing on some teams that weren't that great, but we always had a chance. Yeah, I was never We never lost them all. Were you ever on a team that you're like, hey, we have no chain, we're terrible.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I was playing football YMCA football. We were the Bruins. We lost every regular season game. For some reason, we were still in the playoffs. I don't know why we made it to the playoffs. But then we won two playoff games.
Speaker 2: Did you really?
Speaker 5: And that put us, you know, in the middle of the pack for the for the.
Speaker 2: You know what a season.
Speaker 4: Sixth grade, I was in the City League football. Like Adler's talking, we didn't win a game. Yeah, I got hammered by everybody. Okay, so I do remember that team that hurts. But you know something, Adler, I guess when I was playing seventh grade football, they must have also allowed everybody to get to the playoffs. And I've never seen this. I'm not talking about WYMCA. I'm talking about seventh grade Speedy. You won't believe this. I'm talking about seventh grade football. Okay, I've never seen this in my life. So we were undefeated, so and we drilled this team in the regular season bad.
Speaker 2: They were at last place.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so last place has to play the number one seed. Okay, they did not show up. I've never seen that in my life. Yeah, they did not show up for the game. They just decided we're not doing that again, right, No, but they didn't tell anybody. We're out there in full gill ready for the game and they don't come. And the one thing that I remember is, like linemen, we started kicking field goals and stuff because we were all in our uniforms, and the coaches were like, well, okay, I guess.
Speaker 2: They're not coming. I guess not.
Speaker 4: And they forfeited the game, but didn't let anybody know. They just didn't come. It would have saved ever by a lot of trouble if they just said we're not going to play that first round. Have you ever seen that before? A team just not come on purpose, not because they had some kind of travel issue or something. Didn't come, said I don't want to go through it. Sure of course we wanted it all. Yeah, yep, But now that that's fun too. I've been on that. That was the opposite end of spectrum is being on a team that you you kind of felt like, there's like the closest game that we had on that team was twenty two to nothing.
Speaker 2: That's the closest game we have.
Speaker 4: And then of course, now I did coach one of my sons on the team that we didn't get a first down to the sixth game of the year. First down far anot of touchdown. Let me say that again, a first down. Our crowd went nuts when we got a first down, and the official was looking at me, said what's this about.
Speaker 2: I said, we've never made a first down? Yeah. He was like, that's a quite a response to a first down, right, h you never had one? It's big. Everybody's over his scream that seam was absolutely terrible.
Speaker 4: But you know, as with the Rockies. I mean you're looking at major League Baseball, so this is the best of.
Speaker 2: The This is bad. You can only win nine games, this is bad. The White Socks in the American League Central, they're like eighteen and forty one. I mean that you've only won nine. You're the Rockney. That's awful.
Speaker 5: Top of the hour.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: You better listen up. You know, like we say loss, I'm gonna tell you we gotta find.
Speaker 1: Us the voice of reason in an unreasonable world. The Rick Burges Show.
Speaker 4: How about in America? A brand new hour. We're back for a brand new week. Thank you for being with us.
Speaker 2: Welcome to June. Here we go a lot going on oo, I mean.
Speaker 4: Active, active, active money. We'll keep you updated with all of it. We'll get to some of your phone calls today. Also, we got to hate bird Jay Birds. Just to start this hour for a discussion from Speedy, Greg and Adler.
Speaker 2: The team all.
Speaker 4: Here and ready to go. Thank you for being with us. The text nation weighing in heavily. Always good to get information from you guys. So I don't know whether so Speedy you were in Huntsvil this past weekend. Right, you're right, okay, but I mean you guys didn't go anywhere near the Rocket City trash Pandas did you.
Speaker 2: I passed it, Okay, I passed it. They were I want to say games Friday and Saturday night. We had some box seats in here Friday morning that we're going to other Friday night. Gay interesting they may have been part of this from Haybird. Hey Burge, if you want your email to be considered to be on the program for discussion, put in the subject line hay Bird hay Burge. Now, this would have been probably the worst case scenario for me.
Speaker 4: I can't imagine trying to go see the trash pandas play. You're oxcided, you're ready to go the Rocket City trash Pandas. Let people bring their cats to the baseball game this week, oh no, and allow them to sit anywhere they wanted as long because he put he's put here, he goes. If this doesn't make a Rick Burgess, I love animal segment. The cats could come to the game as long as they were kept in a carrier they going to the game for in that they could sit on the grass if the cat was on a leash. Cats don't do leashes. I've never seen a cat. Maybe one didn't. We do a video one year of a cat on a leash. They usually don't do well with leash. Normally, they normally don't do well. Hey birds, Nothing says I love my cat quite like making it sit in a carrier for three and a half hours at a baseball game instead of just simply leaving it at home.
Speaker 2: I've heard of them having dog knight. I don't. I don't think you had to put it in a cage. The dog knight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right, you have, yeah, Franklin do.
Speaker 5: It was good and it was hilarious because you know how these stadiums or whatever have like sound effects that happened for whatever something.
Speaker 2: Happens, so they can tell they ain't terrified dog.
Speaker 5: Yeah, broken glass or whatever. Well, there's one that is a doorbell and it's like ding dong, and then something happens. The entire stadium full of dogs started barking when that happened. That was hilarious. But y'all, cat night, that is that's a that's a that's different.
Speaker 2: That is much different. You gotta keep it in a box This is the ultimate I love. I love animals. He wants to go to see a ball game. I got my cat, my little kiddy cat. I'm gonna take you to a baseball game because I love him. Rick, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna put him in a carrier and let him sit there in the blazing heat for three and a half hours because I love him. No, we we love to have animals. You don't do things like this to an animal you love. Can you imagine what would happen? They said, now you can bring your kid, but you got to put him in a box. Yeah, yeah, it's kidnight.
Speaker 2: You know. I mean, you wouldn't do that.
Speaker 4: You gotta do anybody think that cat would rather be at that baseball game in a box or on a leash? And I've never seen one on at least do well, So I think they just threw that in. Uh this is like you said, Adler. I think it's annoying for dogs to go. But dogs are built for this kind of thing. Cats are not built for this. Cats want nothing to do with this nothing. Why would anyone say I'm in I'm putting my ca Can you imagine being there in carriers?
Speaker 2: Everywhere, cats everywhere. Think about it a dog park, you know, like you can at least take your dog and they play and have other You ever seen a bunch of cats go to a park and play, you know? No they you know. So you go to a ballpark, often in the grass or something. The dogs are all hanging out, you know. But the cats and a crate on my lap and you're looking in there every now and then.
Speaker 4: First of all, I think if the cat could communicate with you, the minute you brought up the baseball game, he go pass.
Speaker 2: Yeah, part of.
Speaker 5: A dog park. It's because dogs are cool and they'll have fun, you know, they like to have a good time.
Speaker 2: Dogs.
Speaker 4: Dogs are willing to work with you at part to some degree. Cats are never willing to work with anyone.
Speaker 2: Every now and then, the dog will have a scene when the guy I remember he was trying to break the fight up, you're right, inserting his finger, but right, but that and had the little dog in its mouth and but try that same move on. Can't see what happened. So the trash Panda's staff loves the rick Burgers show, uh with j C's team got to play there this year and boy, they just came, Hey, loving the show. Loved.
Speaker 4: I'd love for some of them to reach out and go, guys, what was here? Here's the concept behind it. I love my candy cat. I love him so much. I'm gonna put him in a box for three and a half hours in the summer heat.
Speaker 2: I love him.
Speaker 4: Which night was that Friday or Saturday? It just says this week, oh, this week. I don't know if it was this weekend when it was, I don't know. So we're we're just going by the fact that a handler took a dog to a game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we didn't comment on that. Not just any dog, but.
Speaker 5: Franklin, Franklin and Kevin.
Speaker 4: So you loaded him up, yep, we took them to the ball game, to them around.
Speaker 5: I used to take Kevin everywhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah. You snuck him in down.
Speaker 5: There, stuck into a hotel one time in a bed sheet that I was just like doing laundry again for the fourth time today, I'm back behind its hotel for no reason.
Speaker 2: You know that you're carrying.
Speaker 4: A You say, you say you took your dog named Kevin everywhere like that was a good thing.
Speaker 2: That was not a good thing. It was annoying. It was very an. We don't do that to people.
Speaker 5: Hey, your dog just pooped in our bushes, please clean it up. Also watch your dog.
Speaker 2: Of course, you have a terrible story that I've agreed to not bring up. I won't.
Speaker 5: It's not enough time. You want to tell me, I need like twenty years.
Speaker 4: I need like twenty years, twenty years, twenty years.
Speaker 5: Great, I know exactly what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: If it's twenty years from now, will y'all come by the home and tell me?
Speaker 5: Well, coming up on like twelve or thirteen. So we're getting there. We're getting there.
Speaker 2: Only what about I got to make it seven more years.
Speaker 5: Seven more years, Yeah, something like that. It's at a statue statute of limitations.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, oh yeah, it's a good one, they said.
Speaker 4: In the parking lot they were, they saw all kinds of vans from various Chinese restaurants.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I can. I can find lots of videos promoting cat Night, like on the news, local news, like it's coming up. I can't find a single video with actual like footage of it.
Speaker 4: Surely nobody took them up on this. A bunch of people sitting over the crate.
Speaker 5: I can't find anything I want to see a cat at a ballpark. I can find two pictures online you're looking at, but no video having fun.
Speaker 4: Don't you think that the only people that would try this are people that are.
Speaker 2: New to cats. Yeah, oh, there's great.
Speaker 4: They don't have any cat, they're not cat savvy. There's no one who's cat savvy would fall for this.
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 2: Alright, so s here we're getting reports. Uh, Thursday Night, May twenty nine. Okay, all right, that's our Thursday. I don't know what time they played, but they said it was May twenty ninth, and we got some jokes.
Speaker 4: We're letting go, Greg, don't I'm just saying wood material there you really want to take.
Speaker 2: Why don't you get to work out on your schedule stuff? All the Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah. On the Facebook post, it's promoting it Cat Night, May twenty nine, May twenty ninth, Like you said, the comments are I feel like my cat would hate me if I tried to bring her, or that's like give your cat a bath night.
Speaker 2: It's really not a great idea to.
Speaker 5: The people that plan this, even own a cat.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm glad to see people with some sinse, even the cat lovers understand.
Speaker 2: Do you think they had one cat come to this game. I can't fight.
Speaker 5: I can find two pictures cat now no video?
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh my goodness.
Speaker 5: Yes that's funny.
Speaker 2: All right, so that's a yeah.
Speaker 5: I struggle to bring a kid, much less a cat. Goodness, it's hard enough bringing a kid.
Speaker 4: I think of the three things you can do kid, dog, cat, I think the dogs.
Speaker 5: Are simplest, yes, less expensive too.
Speaker 4: Well, be back. More of the Rick Burgess Show coming up. Thanks you for about email right after this.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. He doesn't have OCD. He just likes things to be a curway Rick Burgess.
Speaker 4: All right, I mean come all right, So we're back, Hello America. Good to be usity with you again. My heart felt thanks to Sean Hannity. Sean Hannity kind enough to have me own his show Friday to talk about men Don't Run in the Rain. Thank you Sean Hannity and Linda, his producer, and all the folks there for making that happen. I was very kind and we had a great conversation and it introduced the show and also introduced the new book to a whole audience. Wow response from all over the country. So now that this uh this title has has done what what we kind of all thought it would do, and it started kind of a movement. Now we get video after video after video of men not running in the rain, funny stories about little boys, and all kinds of things. So it is a movement now. Uh so uh the rick Burgess show store now has a couple of shirts, and you have two styles to choose from, men Don't Run in the Rain if you want to wear this and and be part of the movement. So you've got one that's just straight up. It has it on the front of the shirt and then it has the the logo there on the back. And then you have one that has the actual beard face in the middle of Beard Don't Run Beard men Don't Run in the Rain. So if you end then our show another show logo on the back.
Speaker 2: Of that one. So you have two to choose from. So just go to the store.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you if you were thinking, I've already got the book and I want the shirt to go with it, you could do that by the time for Father's Day, if you go ahead and order that now from the store, Yeah you could.
Speaker 2: I just thought about that.
Speaker 4: But anyway, so now you've got to you get to wear that around because that that's becoming our new cry and it means, yeah, men don't run the right. So and speaking of that, so speak your weekend. This past weekend, I got a couple of things I want to ask you about.
Speaker 2: Okay, yep.
Speaker 4: Number one, you you went to move JC home from college.
Speaker 2: Correct? Yeah, yeah, he had graduated, but they the least in the house or the rent in the house that they all stayed in. M h, it's we paid our last rent payment this past week and and so this month is kind of like move out month for a couple of the roommates. Some are going to stay. But so yeah, we needed to get out. Another family needed to get out. And uh so yees, Saturday was all right, son, we're headed up. Let's take both trucks and and let's get let's let's get you the house.
Speaker 4: Did you You just told me in the break so I know the answer to this, and you were talking about it on Friday. The potential of it. Are you telling me that the college dog speaking of dogs and cats, went with JC and you for the move?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is he able to carry something? No? There, So I was out ahead of j C just a little bit uh and and so we check in with each other, and that was kind of the plan. And and so I'm talking with him, and I noticed he was a little districted. I said, what do you do?
Speaker 4: Well, I was just cuddies whatever, I said, Cuddy, I said, you got the dog with you? We're moving.
Speaker 2: He goes, oh, day, he can go to the backyard and and and just but it's they have a fenced in backyard. It's really nice. But I said, why why do that? Well, he wants to be with me, I said, what, he wants to be with you. He likes to go with me. No, he doesn't if you so you know, the dog wants to go with you. Now I'm debating him about the dog. How would you know you get to spend the day together. A look on his face I can tell yeah. I'm like, so you think you rather get in the truck and ride with you to Huntsville and then and then move go hang out in the backyard and then get in the truck and ride back. Long day too, long day? Sure was? I said, So that's I said, what if we need the room? Well, he's fine, he's fine, Dad. He enjoys it. He enjoys it. You know, he enjoys it. Yeah, we were together. We're together, and I said, you hear yourself. How did it go? Hey, Well, to be honest with you, he just kind of disappeared into the backyard and he'd walk around it.
Speaker 4: He really wasn't in the way. But it's just the concept. Yeah, yeah, but he didn't have to ride with you.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: No, I'm in a different truck. And we hated to drive two trucks, but we really needed two trucks to move some stuff around, donating here, storage here, bring what we bring him back here and all that. You happen to go back and pick up my stuff over Decatur. I did not, but I thought about your stuff, thought about your stuff. And but there was a running concept. Uh so, so Ben is the dad of Jacob and and Ben and Jacob Peters and and there there there have been roommates and everything, and and uh Jacob is leaving too, and and he brought his dog and so and that's Dallas and both from the same letters, so say, the same breed and everything. So they go off in the backyard they're playing. He said, well, Pete said he's bringing his, So I'm bringing mine. I'm like what are y'all married?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 2: And so anyway, there was a running theme throughout the entire time. We're moving furniture. Hey did the dog do that? Did the dog? I've never seen a dog move a sofa. It wasn't.
Speaker 4: It wasn't about on one, Yeah, it wasn't. It wasn't like what about the dog. It was just like, did the dog do that?
Speaker 2: You know? He would like they'd be moving something out and all the the arm to one of the you know chairs, Hey, the dog do that? That was the concert. That was the theme throughout the entire and then so so that was part of that was that was the first half of the day. Okay, so we finished, We're moved out, and then I had going to my parents. Oh boy, and in the back too, is a bunch of work equipment. It was. I did did a lot of outside yard stuff. Thought you already did that. I had had to tackle some stuff up in the front. Remember my Yeah, my tremor thing ahead broke and so I fixed it. And anyway, so so I did that. They got a new modem in for their internet. Oh my goodness, aging parents in the internet. Hey Dad, Hey dad, I'm here. I'm here. I'm ready to Now let's tackle the modem. Okay, hey, here's the box and and everything else. I get the box out of whatever, and it's got a little QR code that you scan with your phone that opens up the app. Hey hey, dad, you got the app? The the the the AT and tu verse whatever app? Huh what app? I'm a old boy.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 2: He's still got an iPhone eight okay, and this got the home button you remember the one you used to He's gonna leave it home button? And uh, I said, well, dad, let me see your phone because they wan't do the phone that's associated with the account and all this. So uh so I take the picture and and and and it says, you know, open up. So I click, and he goes it needs an iOS whatever or beyond. Of course he's way behind, way behind, way behind. Oh boy, dad, Oh no, your phone. It's just too old, dad, it's too old. What you know? I'm like old? What's your password? I'm gonna go in another way? Do you know your password?
Speaker 5: My password?
Speaker 2: Were you talking about? Here's my account number? I got that, But what's your usual name and password? What is that? You mean? You know? And so finally we get I get around that and set up their modem, and and now they're kicking and and and everything is running strong. But for about a half hour to forty five minutes, we were trying to get around the fact that his his his phone is so old I don't even recognize at point. At times I felt like it was Greg I was dealing with. Sure when I asked him his password, and he looks at me and frowns like, what are you talking.
Speaker 4: About, giving you a look like he's bothered by you asked him something he should know, Apple idea?
Speaker 2: What's that? Did you get him set up to hear the book on audio?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: That that is? That's the next round. I didn't have time. Sorry, sorry, yeah, it's there. But he he he said, hey, son, tell me about this ESPN Plus. I said, ESPN Plus. Yeah, so you get all the games, not just what's on network, right, yeah, Well, you know, I'm just subject to you know, whatever the SEC network or ESPN's cut. But so I said, oh yeah, Dad, you can pull up any game, you know, whatever league you click on this and you got let's talk about that, oh boy. And and he said, can you download that app for me? I said, well, yes, sure, I said, but now Mom's gonna have to set it up because you know, it takes a lot of navigating, you know. And and he's he's like, okay, well let me see here. He's trying to he's trying to figure out. He's trying to figure out. And I put the ESPN Plus app on his homepage so he knows where it is. And now he can he can listen Tossissippi State join in Florida State beat him last night. But yeah, but he now can he can now watch or you know, watching his listenings. But it's his way of getting around what the network is just playing.
Speaker 4: So now he's got ESPN Plus. It was a big day and you got.
Speaker 2: He got home late late Saturday night. I wish you could hear the book, but I mean, yeah, yeah, you got. I think mom's got that far.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is the Rick Burgess Show, only in America. Could these four men do this for a living? God, bless sudden. This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 4: You better believe it. When we're having a blast as usual. Thank you America for being with us today. Hey do you want to go to beautiful North Alabama? Deer Hunters listen up opportunity here our friends at Alabama Mountain Lakes Tourists Association Road Tripping in America. You know it is very popular. What about a road trip to Sweet Home, Alabama to go to the and enjoy the ultimate North Alabama hunting road trip at Beautiful Willow Oak Lodge.
Speaker 2: How about this.
Speaker 4: You'll get two days free range hunt at Beautiful Willow Oak Lodge worth fifteen hundred bucks. Willow Oak is located atop Spruce Pine Mountain, gorgeous area of North Alabama. Also, your meals and your lodging will be included as well. If you want someone to go with you, you could just pay the lodging for them, but you will need to be responsible.
Speaker 2: If you do win. You got to do it inside a calendar year.
Speaker 4: It's non transferable, and you need to be sure you get all of the license that are required in the great state of Alabama. If you're if you're going to go on this hunt. Alabama Roadtrips dot Org is where you go to register Alabama Roadtrips dot Org or or go to Rick Burgess Show dot com and right there are two places, the contest button and the sponsors button. You'll find your chance to uh to register there. Hopefully you'll win come to our beautiful state for a great deer hunt. Get the buck of a lifetime. Okay, So a couple of things if you're just joining us. Yes, Greg saw the Earnhardt documentary. Uh. We we've talked about that.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 4: So we've did not go work out. He did not go work out. Uh and uh and so we've we've been covering a number of things so and we'll get into more as the as the show goes forward. We have more to cover today, including headlines and things that have happened since the last time we were together. We also have updated you that there's a lot you can participate with today. We have episode four, love your feedback that's coming in on that on tell Us from the camp House.
Speaker 2: The Burgess Bass Battle is over.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 4: We also we have episode three of Strange Encounters that's out this weekend as well, and we appreciate all your feedback on that. And one week from today is the last day to get a signed copy of Men Don't Run in the Rain. And we also have the T shirt to go with it there at the store at Rick burgesshow dot com. So there's there's some of the things we covered and and we've talked about. We had an email that we talked about with you know, this cat night with one of the minor league baseball team in Huntsville, which sounds odd, but but Greg, I want to tell you know, speedy, let's face it, he can be socially awkward. You know, he's he's usually yeah, he's an he's an over greader. By the way, I want to thank your wife, uh for sending breakfast here today. These beautiful and wonderful, I mean, delicious. What are they with it's they're not protein balls. They're no, they're they're breakfast balls.
Speaker 2: Uh. And and and they're shaped like a ball. That's why we're saying that. And I had that. Yeah, And I don't know why. I don't know why you would call them that otherwise. Well, I asked Terry, I said, she said, what do we call them these? And I said, well, you know, because she was I could when I walked in, Man, the house just smelled so good. She said, Hey, I'm do you know what making you these breakfast things? Yeah, egg and sausage and stuff like that. Just breakfast. It's a ball of breakfast. That's what it is.
Speaker 4: And uh, and she said, let me see because she got the recipe off something. She said, let me see what she calls her cause, oh, she calls them, uh, breakfast sausage balls. And she said, but they're not sausage balls, so we can't call them that. And I said, well, I think we're just going to stay with breakfast balls in yeah, and so you were tearing them up, well what I did.
Speaker 2: And it's a shame to have to do this. It really is, because I'm sixty years old.
Speaker 4: It's a shame. But I went ahead and got three or one. There's no way I'm walking out.
Speaker 2: There were two, now, I got it?
Speaker 4: Yeah right, yeah, and the and Greg, you can have some even though you don't share with what you bring down, you can have some.
Speaker 2: And you too, She made him for.
Speaker 11: Everybody that's kind, sharing is caring, and they're very very Greg, they're very very good. Just you know, take my lead on that. Yeah, So thank you for that. But I want you and Adler to weigh in on something.
Speaker 12: Greg.
Speaker 4: So I have now discovered that not once but twice. Speedy and his wife, I guess, and your son right, just make me and my wife just you and you. They have been at church where I go to church twice Speedy has seen me and has not spoken to me.
Speaker 2: Did you see him?
Speaker 4: No, has not has not come up come over to me with his wife to me and Sherry and go hey, guys, Well.
Speaker 2: You were locked down.
Speaker 4: I mean you had you had ten people behind you, like he's an acquaintance.
Speaker 2: No, I mean it's weird.
Speaker 4: Well we were going by you and and you had ten different people by, yeah, pulling you from here to your office, and you were just locked down with people all and I thought, well, if he looks over here, I'll be like, man or hey, how you doing?
Speaker 7: It?
Speaker 2: Was there were so many people. I'm like, I'm not going to bother him. Why not a man? Mac and uh. And then on the way out you get the same thing, and I'm like, well, you know we're mingling and saying hey to people. It's just I just didn't want to bother you.
Speaker 4: I mean, you're just so speaking to him, bothering him. There's not any other They're like, I've noticed one thing, Greg, Greg and Rick never looks up, He never looks around.
Speaker 2: If he would have.
Speaker 4: Saw you, he would have abandoned everybody that he was talking to to come speak to you. I mean, I just I didn't want to bother You're like, you're like a really close friend.
Speaker 2: We worked together every day. Well I know that, but I and being a good friend, I knew that I would be a bip if I bust up in there, going to be rude to the other couples that are talking to him, and hey, I know y'all are talking, but boom, get out of my way in conversations that he just can't get up. Well, he apparently didn't look up because I was looking over at him.
Speaker 4: But if he looks up, I'll be like, let me show you what you should he come here.
Speaker 2: I got this.
Speaker 4: I think I think he's afraid I was gonna bother him down. Yeah, I think he was focused. No, listen, guys, get it. What's wrong with this right here?
Speaker 2: Lobby?
Speaker 4: So you saw me lobby going in and coming out lobby one time? Uh out or going in, going in, going in?
Speaker 2: That's the that's the best shot. Yeah, but you were the Dawson was talking with y'all. You don't know. There was a bunch of people talking to y'all, and I wasn't going to bust up in there. What's wrong? That was the first time? What's wrong with this? Right here? Watch this? Greg? You are me and Sherry? What's wrong with this? It's about our distance?
Speaker 7: Here?
Speaker 2: Are you just close to me? No? No, no, like I said that, you're you're you're you? What's what's wrong with this?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 4: A lot of people, a lot of people around and you and you look like you were like we have either you were really faking it or you were really in the conversation, you know, I mean you were really in it, you like you know, No.
Speaker 2: You were just I mean you Who was I talking to?
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 2: The first time it was Dawson and his wife? No, wife wasn't there. You and Sherry were talking to them. Dawson, his wife wasn't there. When a couple cop this Sunday. No, this wasn't this Sunday. This was the first time.
Speaker 14: Okay, multiple times, wow, multiple multiple snubbings.
Speaker 5: I would even say.
Speaker 2: Right, And then this time you were already on your road and talking with people, and I'm like, well, I'm not going to because we were like Benny Rose, I know Benny and Benny cares.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying I felt like I was trying to call myself because y'all always say I'm an over greeter and I'm coming into me. So I'm like, not, I'm just gonna stay back and just that and let Rick talk to his friends.
Speaker 2: And I didn't want to bother you.
Speaker 4: You know what, I realized, this is what hurts. Let me tell you one reason he's not coming there. Me, huh you he may's coming there to hear great preaching, great teaching. Yeah, let me tell you one reason he's not coming because I'm there, not that that ain't it.
Speaker 2: Well, it's he ignored you twice yours.
Speaker 4: I cool would be to be like going to church together.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean I didn't. JC speaks to me every time becomes well, I know, but I mean just like that, I didn't want to bust up in there and be like here I am. I'm sitting by daddy. Let me sit about Rick. That's what it was. He's afraid. He's afraid people.
Speaker 4: No, No, it's not that. I just was like we were here and I was talking to other people. Well, I just didn't think that it presented it.
Speaker 2: So I didn't want to, like, you know, and then the then there was one time that y'all got pulled at the end. I think y'all left and I got bogged down. I looked up, y'all weren't around. So it's not like I was avoiding you. It's just that it didn't well. Sherry going in, I'm like, well, i'll speak to him afterwards. And then afterwards it didn't. Sherry burned us.
Speaker 4: Sherry burned us On Sunday, she logagged, uh, And I told her I was gonna mean the line at the lunch place, because we got to get out here and get there. If we get there, we can get you can get a table.
Speaker 5: What time were you guys walking out?
Speaker 4: I will say that the service this past Sunday was a little lengthy, almost black church lengthy, all right, because because we had a lot going on, they crammed a lot into one service. And I knew we were in trouble when our when our Sunday Street class was over and people were in the lobby and they couldn't get into the second service the first Sunday was the first service was still going and I thought, I looked at you, I said, that's that's a good sign there that we've got a lengthy day in there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And so what time do you walk out?
Speaker 4: I mean, like normal, So let's go normal, because Norman Sunday was abnormal. Yeah, okay, on normal, we're probably rolling out of there.
Speaker 2: Uh noon, it's tough.
Speaker 5: Yeah, preferable. Yeah, that makes that makes a big difference.
Speaker 4: It does this one restaurant we go to. If we'll just come on right, we'll we're fine. But boy, we got into I mean we got there. I mean, like I said, even the Presbyterians were, are you there right? Something on the text line now that if it had been Hobe over there.
Speaker 2: He'd made it. That's not true. He made that right off the hob screamed Hoby.
Speaker 4: I'm Hobe to go as far as say that Hobie won't tell Speedy where he goes to church.
Speaker 5: That's not true, that's true.
Speaker 2: See, I can't win. See if I bust up in there, it's over, Greeter. But if I stay back because you're busy and can't win and do my thing, it's like, why don't you come over?
Speaker 4: Hey, Tobe actually told Spitty he was atheist to anyone. I'm sorry, Hobe, I'm sorry, Buddy's.
Speaker 2: All workout, Buddy, you don't.
Speaker 5: Believe you know what it is I'm an evolution only guy.
Speaker 2: Listen, you know what what this is.
Speaker 4: Because back in the thirty one years of Ricking Bubba, we had a little unofficial pack that we didn't all go to church together because we thought we'd get in trouble if we went to church the same place.
Speaker 5: Too much?
Speaker 2: Yeah, too much?
Speaker 4: So you trying to are you worried to make you uncomfortable to be at the same time? Did you know he was in conversation if you were just standing there or whatever. I come up, buddy, he was in conversation with other people. If well, I'm just going to say this kind of weird if one of us comes across the other one anywhere, Right, we're gonna make a point, Hey, buddy.
Speaker 2: Right, you know much less church?
Speaker 4: Right, y'all have if you'll expected, if y'all, if y'all would have been walking with me at the time, y'all can't visualize two times it's happened, but right, But if you'd have been walking.
Speaker 2: During the time, you'd be like, yeah, just going in. Maybe I'll then that later never happened. I get enough of him during the week too. I get it.
Speaker 5: That's what it is.
Speaker 2: That's what it is.
Speaker 5: That's not it.
Speaker 2: Greg won't speak to me either, my brother. Everybody made you break from the bottom line, but you notice it like sometimes you see somebody there like, oh, they're locked down, I'll see him later, And then that later didn't happen. It's a level of where we are is.
Speaker 1: The Rick Burgishhh? Okay, are you ready to bring something to the table?
Speaker 15: Cool?
Speaker 1: No, and get on the show? One eight eight eight six Big VOCs.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go.
Speaker 4: It is unscreen phone calls, America speaks. A lot has already been discussed on today's show if you missed it.
Speaker 2: If you missed it, catch the.
Speaker 4: Daily archive on the YouTube channel or the podcast channel. Best of Our included, and Blaze TV also has the Best of Our every Day two from the Daily Show for all Blaze TV subscribers.
Speaker 2: You got something to say, now's the time.
Speaker 4: Remember you're just gonna hear ringing until we answer the number. Ken Osborn just gave it to you, but I'll do it again. Eight eight eight, the number six, Big Vox eight eight eight, the numbers, Big Vox, and we will open up all ten lines and you can comment on things you've already heard. You can bring up a topic if you would like. And also I will let Adler know something. We've got some more hay Bird, Hey bird coming up. I do want to pass along Adler that I will let you know that people want you to queue to episode four The Burgess Bass Battle to a point. I'll get that to you before I read that letter.
Speaker 2: Next hour.
Speaker 4: Okay, four, remind me of that to the people. We go, Hello, it's unscreenphone calls. You're on the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: Go ahead.
Speaker 15: Hey, something that Greg said the other day has inspired me to write a song.
Speaker 2: Oh nice, it's great. Oh yeah.
Speaker 15: All my exes have changed sixes and everyone agrees thatdiots because of me. Now none of them are where in crips and they're all confused about where to be.
Speaker 2: Thank you you did that, Greg, she was good. You inspired me. He's sounded about as good as George. Oh my gosh. There we go. We continue Rick Burgess Show, Udi spring phone calls, go ahead, the.
Speaker 5: Trouba door, Greg, Hu, how are y'all?
Speaker 2: They are great? I hope you're well.
Speaker 16: I'm great, love the show. I just wanted to My message is actually for my college, actually for Speedy. I've heard him talk. I've heard him talk several times about his dad and his iPhone, and I just wanted to let him know that there is a newer iPhone with the home button, because I'm also blind, that I used the iPhone. There's an iPhone. There's an iPhone se twenty two. Okay, it has a that has a home button. If he's interested in checking into that, because I love my home button.
Speaker 4: Also wonderful say it again. We can write speaking and write it down.
Speaker 16: Okay, it's called the S twenty two twenty two. Yeah, so he's interested in checking in today out because I live my home.
Speaker 4: But also, thank you man, that's very sweet for the appreciate that very much.
Speaker 2: Every time somebody says they're blind, y'all don't have to go. We didn't do that. They don't have the cooties say that, you know what I think. They don't. They don't have a virus, did not. I admit that I do. Get real.
Speaker 4: I have to be careful about everything. Because I wanted to ask her what she thinks Greg looks like.
Speaker 2: But I did what he looks like? We continue Rick Bird's show thirty seconds.
Speaker 5: You know, I'm.
Speaker 4: It was like about like somebody we got well you know what. I'm glad to see the blind helping the blind because Greg's not going.
Speaker 2: To ye what do y'all?
Speaker 5: Go ahead?
Speaker 2: Next time?
Speaker 4: Stands like I got this conflict with the blind. You've been at war with him for a while now. No, I just said him light bubs. They used to say, I weren't that great for what you paid for?
Speaker 2: Great? Go ahead, you didn't have to relive it.
Speaker 4: Rick Burgess Show, unscreen phone calls, God.
Speaker 15: I know when don't you know?
Speaker 5: Griggs?
Speaker 7: Right again?
Speaker 5: Like that?
Speaker 4: You think that song is not gonna be What if I walked out in Sivile, Texas and they, you know, because this is new ground for us, because so they don't know how weird we really are, and I walk, I go, that's good to be here.
Speaker 2: Rick, Look at this text from Larry have speedy callers please highly important.
Speaker 4: Don't fall for Larry thinks everything is he like Gary got I got news for him?
Speaker 2: What's that? A new patch is not highly important? You think that's what it is?
Speaker 12: Rick?
Speaker 2: Maybe something good?
Speaker 4: Rick Burgess Show, unscreen phone calls, Go ahead, grab his number.
Speaker 2: Hey, buddy, Hey, the going We're good. I hope you're okay?
Speaker 9: Man, Hey, I noticed we had a bunch of upsets in the baseball tournament this weekend and last winter, and we didn't have hardly any in the basketball tournament. What's been the difference?
Speaker 2: You think everybody's got? Well, I don't know, but I know this as far as college baseball, I mean, everybody's got athletes. I mean you can see it. It's like even the mid majors they just have studs. And uh, I mean, I don't really know what to say. I mean, the top two national seeds Vanderbilt and Texas going down. There were other upsets. It's surprising to say the least. But like UTSA, Greg, they put Texas out. Everybody's got you.
Speaker 4: Made them like it. Well, I'm with you, Greg. Basketball and baseball two different reasons. I would think. I don't know if we can blanket it. But baseball also is a game of failure. Upsets in baseball to me never surprised me. I mean, you could be a great team and once you get above little yeah there, sure, maybe having a great day y'all can't hit. It depends on what day. To me, baseball has got a lot of equalizers in it. Yeah, we continue, Rick BURCHI show people are texting now for me to call it.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's funny. Unstreamed phone guys.
Speaker 17: I'm a truck driver. And the other day y'all were talking about Hell and Keller and the blind people up there on stage throwing up hands signs.
Speaker 18: I call them game signs whatever.
Speaker 17: But I got a good laugh. I had to pull over and cry laughing.
Speaker 7: I could do.
Speaker 19: All I could imagine.
Speaker 17: Was Hell and Keller up there.
Speaker 2: That's just why we flint. You wonder why we flint. So we didn't saying anything like that. Now he's saying Hell Keller Jones. That's difference than I'm blind. Go ahead.
Speaker 19: I bought some of them ray kon Erebud it's about two years ago.
Speaker 2: And love them. And this is one of them. Don't have this at home things.
Speaker 9: But I forgot and.
Speaker 7: Put one in my pocket and washed it in the washing machine.
Speaker 19: And then about a month or two later, I thought, oh, I'm on time saying it still work.
Speaker 2: How about that we get we hear that launch? All right, you're gonna call Arry? Do we need to? I want to call him next year, I can say. He says, it's very very important. I'm anxious to hear. What's very very important. Does he mean on the aircause he could have called right, I says, have made he call me holly important.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 14: Welcome to the Rick Birch Show, broadcasting from the real world.
Speaker 2: Wick Speedy, Gregg Candler.
Speaker 5: And Rick Burgess. Puck up from Maria.
Speaker 2: It's time pull the show. Here we go, America.
Speaker 4: Welcome to the Big Burgess Show, broadcasting from the reel worverybody, Speedy, Red Candler, Rick Burgess buck up from there this time to shield the game on here two hours behind us. If you miss him, catch him on the daily Arco.
Speaker 2: We appreciate you being here. Okay, so Larry, come to the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 4: Larry the patch man has sent an urgent text, but he didn't call. I find that odd because we were actually in a phone segment. Great job, America on the unscreen phone calls as Really, this has been very I've really been encouraged. This is such a better way to do the phones, and it's gone great and I think for some reason, never it'll mojo.
Speaker 2: I'm not the same thing. Greg. Would you do me a favorite since you do it every day after the show, would you go over there and call Larry. Because you do that, I know you have to call Elizabeth.
Speaker 4: So so Larry says that this is super important.
Speaker 2: That's what it said.
Speaker 4: That's what the text text nation they said, And that was from Larry. That was from Larry. That was there was his number one. Yeah, I didn't know Greg knew how to do this. Oh he does it every day do that commercial?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So uh and plus I just want to see him do it right? So is this how this works? I can probably do this? Well?
Speaker 4: But how do you? I say, where you hit that doll button right there? No, Rick, not the doll button? No hit that that stupid?
Speaker 6: Was that?
Speaker 2: I just said that? Of course that's what you get if you're going to dial right be Greg?
Speaker 5: You okay, buddy, all right, buddy struggling.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 5: You're doing good?
Speaker 2: Oh good good. At the end, I didn't way, Greg, you are sharp. You don't just think your sharp. You are sharp. There we go. Hey, Larry, this is the Rick Burgers Show. We're you're on the air, Larry.
Speaker 7: Oh, good morning, Caravin morning. Kravin wanted can you know what did you like to actually eight?
Speaker 6: And and what do you like to drink?
Speaker 9: We don't know that.
Speaker 2: Greg's not coming if you don't have a long there.
Speaker 4: He actually went to this may be why he's going to a Baptist church twice and he's hid from me.
Speaker 2: Hey, nobody's hiding, but you got me hiding in the corners. People hear that. People hear that, and.
Speaker 4: That's what they So this is your I just want to be sure that I have this right. Larry went on the text option and said.
Speaker 2: Speedy cotts important and that was the important thing.
Speaker 4: This is the important thing they're already getting ready for when you're coming over.
Speaker 2: Hey, Speedy, call us please. Highly important. It's highly important. You know what, but you know what Carolyn wants to know? So that is important to Larry. Speedy. What would you like?
Speaker 5: Caron?
Speaker 2: Larry, what do y'all like? What? What's what? Do you? Here we go? They don't know what they've stepped into you. You're asking the wrong guy. Well, we lost them, you see, you probably probably did. I didn't do anything. Mm hmm, but I didn't do anything. Larry, are you there? Go over there and hit readout. Hurry up, Greg, quit acting, show me how to do it? Click right there? Where my gosh, above it. Here we go here the little thing? Can you not walk over there? Here? Yeah? Down there?
Speaker 5: What are you doing?
Speaker 2: Rig where? Greg? My gosh? That right the day right there? Hit that? Yeah, hit doll. We gotta have a number in there. You didn't have read, Greg, I tell you you you moved by as fast as the guy who's making me a sub sect.
Speaker 5: We're live right now. There are millions of people, and you're wasting there.
Speaker 2: To say as fast as I know those Look.
Speaker 4: I understand making the sandwich in front of us somebody thought was a good idea. But man, I find myself almost get behind the count right saying just forget it. I got it right, I mean couldn't move. I mean literally, it's like he was in slow I did it.
Speaker 2: Hey? Can I talk to Larry please and not make fun of him? That's what got it? Hell, Larry, this is the show. We're back live now. Somehow we got disconnected, so I apologize for that. But you were asking about what we like. What I like to eat? Is that right?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Gnou what you like to eat and what you like to drink? Okay, you have any food allergies or strong dislike?
Speaker 2: Well no, young Greg's the one with the food allergy. He's allergic to nuts. So I'm glad he's not coming, Calyn. That's not helping.
Speaker 5: Help.
Speaker 2: So like, what's your favorite dish, Carolyn?
Speaker 6: I don't I was thinking of making a roast and.
Speaker 2: Then some sigh, that sounds delicious, some roast and some sides. What sides? You're not going?
Speaker 6: I really have, well, for one, mash potatoes and things come on with that.
Speaker 5: Can't go on with that.
Speaker 2: I can can't go wrong with you. Some corn bread that that's it? No, don't you know what.
Speaker 5: Is that?
Speaker 7: It's okay?
Speaker 6: Actually, back in history they actually used to fry the hose cakes on a hoe.
Speaker 2: Is she saying they're gone?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 4: Did she agree to that or was it forced them? Hey, Carolyn, we can hear you. Don't hang up. I'm gonna talk through them. Okay, I'm going now. So you saying, are you saying a hoe cake?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, thank you lady. Look like, hey, okake sounds fine. You know why Larry likes it in that form because because there's corn bread that looks like a patch.
Speaker 5: There you go.
Speaker 2: I used to cook him on a hole though. Well this sounds like a lot of fun.
Speaker 4: No, I know you guys are new to the show. But we have a at our church.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: I guess he's gonna come to this and hide from you as well. But it's a it's a chili cookoff and there's a guy that makes those to dip into chili and they are fantastic.
Speaker 20: They are.
Speaker 2: So Larry, do you like this? Uh so we got roast, we got mashed potatoes, green beans and ok oh that sounds.
Speaker 7: Good in the morning or in the afternoon.
Speaker 4: Oh well, we gotta find takes five hours to get Yeah, yeah, we gotta find a day.
Speaker 2: And that's that's kind of important. Speaking when are you going? And uh going? Greg just want me to go come down on a Friday night so he can go with us, go with me, But I don't know that that's going to work. It might be that I drive down one day after the show and then I'm there live the next morning. Larry, Carolyn, maybe I can see all that evening.
Speaker 4: I want to warn you he's bringing some dog named Cuddy. That's not true. I'm not doing that. I'm not doing And if some guy named Hoby, are.
Speaker 7: Y'all coming this week?
Speaker 6: At first out I thought it was next week, and then Larry said, no this week, ma'am.
Speaker 2: No, ma'am. I tell you what I'll do, Carolyn and Larry, I've got your number. I'll reach out to y'all and give you enough heads up. But I don't think it's going to be this week. But so don't no panic there.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, yeah, I'll give you plenty of heads up and you don't have to make anything for me.
Speaker 2: But that was that sounded delicious what you're making.
Speaker 6: He'll know the time anyway, It's okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think we'll probably when it hurts you to do a pa what hurts you do a power Okay, hey.
Speaker 6: Carolyn, cake and a pane and maybe some brownie I got.
Speaker 2: I gotta remind Rick won't come back. You're not going you food like you're gonna beat.
Speaker 4: Because I care about you. You know, I would have said hello you at church? Yeah, so Carolyn, Uh, guys, would it be okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Go ahead?
Speaker 7: You just working next jumping for the whole crew, for you to take back.
Speaker 2: For the whole crewsy back to the okay.
Speaker 7: Jumping for everybody to dating everybody there.
Speaker 2: I gotta say, I gotta bring that back.
Speaker 4: Yes, Hey, Larry, let me tell you get ready to share you Black and Miles?
Speaker 2: He will.
Speaker 4: What can I bring y'all besides a patch in Black and Miles?
Speaker 2: Anything else? Carolyn? What do you like?
Speaker 4: But we had somebody in the box seats last week that that gave us a lot of patches for Speedy to bring to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I have wonderful I really do have.
Speaker 21: No, no, sir, I'm very serious. There there in my office, Larry, there in my office, I have them for you.
Speaker 7: Wonder we missed that part?
Speaker 4: Yeah right, yeah, yoa somebody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Carolyn, I know that that that Larry likes patches and you have fallen in love with patches.
Speaker 4: But is there anything that you like outside of patches that I could bring you?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 7: Not really, I don't collect anything.
Speaker 2: Okay, well indirectly you do. Do you pull on one in Black and Miles like Larry?
Speaker 7: No? I do not. No, thank you?
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, Well guys, that's that's more than wow.
Speaker 2: I mean time. Yeah, Caryland, that was very sweet.
Speaker 5: Larry.
Speaker 4: I'll get in touch with y'all, give you plenty of Oh. Greg, see this is all fun to.
Speaker 2: Y'all, is't it, buddy? Yes?
Speaker 4: What Larry and Carolyn and myself. We're gonna have a blast.
Speaker 2: Answer is yes, many sounds good. I say this is this is like I'm really I'm really good.
Speaker 5: Yeah you are.
Speaker 2: I've looked the audiences on board.
Speaker 5: Now it's over.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show, the man who was bold enough to point out that there is no such thing as dogs. Dogs just don't live as long as humans.
Speaker 2: Thank you for being with us today, America. And we have covered a lot.
Speaker 4: In the program, covered a lot on the program two days and a lot still together. From the text nation Speedy, I think this is from Brandy texting in. She says, Speedy, I think you should bring Carolyn some flowers.
Speaker 2: That does sound very sweet, and I would maybe that's what I think. That would be a great idea. Maybe sop off right four, get there to the fresh she likes honey buns.
Speaker 4: By the way, this if you ever thought this was just something you would talk about and not go uh And now it looks like Adler and Gregg saying, look, we got to get a planning with everybody's going. I would love to, but I just can't. Uh So somebody's got to stay back every one of us A lot busy, A lot of busy, A big, big committee.
Speaker 2: Out of town, a lot on weekends, out of town. Lot. So wow, So I hate that they thought I was coming this week. Maybe did we insinuate that I have two words for all of you Father's Day? Well about it? Go over there, Father's dagable way to spend it?
Speaker 4: Fatty fifteen dot com slash big vucks. Maybe you tell them a nine ad Supply. I've had a lot of people asking me about this. This is this is important science, important science, because you remember, first of all, we all made the mistake of thinking, take.
Speaker 5: Fat out of you died no fat.
Speaker 4: Larry thought he Larry thought that. I guess that's not true. There's actually fats that are essential and the body loves them. But the problem is which ones are which. Well, one that we really zeroed in and scientists were studying this with our US Navy really zeroed in on one that has a really long name, but we started calling it C fifteen.
Speaker 2: The body loves CE fifteen.
Speaker 4: We're talking about at the cellular level slowing down biological aging, and it's good for the brain, which we all could use some of that. Apparently the whole nation needs fatty fifteen. It's the first supplement that's pure essential vegan friendly. See fifteen. Get fifteen percent off right now and see all the research by going to fatty fifteen dot com, slash big Vox thirty percent off the ninety day supply. I'm sorry, fifteen percent off the ninety day supply. Also look for the link at Rick Burgers show dot com under sponsors get that fifteen percent off, get your ninety day supply. And I can't wait to hear the good news. And I'm I'm I'm on this as well, gonna I'm gonna see what we get on the results.
Speaker 2: Okay, what are you laughing at that last text or the second or last that's funny. We didn't We didn't ask Hilary if if how he was healing his Uh sure I would.
Speaker 4: Thinks people are telling you to bring all your yard stuff because they probably need some weed, didn't he?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe that's what I do, is to care.
Speaker 4: Some people say, probably a nice gesture for Carolyn is a box of wine.
Speaker 2: But he's laughing right now.
Speaker 4: Jeez boy, that's the great greed. That's when you carry enough to give the best exactly when you bring a cardboard box with wine. Let me tell you with its own spoun. Yeah, if you're knocking out a box of one, you got it. You gotta look in the mirror top shit right, all right?
Speaker 5: Was working up the Hunt show.
Speaker 2: Jack call me. It's very important. No, he said, Rick, call me. I'm good. Thank you, thank you. That's such a good one.
Speaker 4: Uh this, I got this a lot. This is from Alan hey burday Bird. He's out of North Carolina. I watched I watched Tales from the camp House, the latest episode this weekend, episode four. I'm asking Adler please tell him to queue to thirteen minutes and eighteen seconds into episode four. This is when I got so many emails about this, something about Adler's comment and in this cast that he makes, have you seen it? So so the audience is going crazy over this. So here here's Adler. Of course he doesn't know he's been sunburned. Right now, he's getting good. He thankscuts. This a little overcast. He's not getting cooked, but he is getting cooked. And then the sun came out late just baked him.
Speaker 5: Oh those clouds broke and I was in trouble.
Speaker 4: But anyway, so here he is, and this is what just there's not much time left in the in the tournament, right and you're you're really getting intense right here?
Speaker 2: He perfect cast here, it is good.
Speaker 10: We got about ten minutes to go here. I'm in second place. Of course, that's the first loser, so that's not good.
Speaker 2: Even I'm leading.
Speaker 4: It's a.
Speaker 5: Trip problem.
Speaker 2: What what happened right there? What was the problem?
Speaker 5: I don't understand what.
Speaker 2: It looked like to me?
Speaker 1: What's funny?
Speaker 2: Is he trying to me sharp?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a statement.
Speaker 2: That's what the audience is talking about. Hey, we're running out of time, let me go.
Speaker 10: It was yeah, ten minutes to go here. I'm in second place. Of course that's the first loser, so that's not good.
Speaker 5: It looks good, looks good. That's good.
Speaker 2: Almost up.
Speaker 5: I thought more people would comment on this part right here where I just caught a bass and I'm holding it in my in my hand, and you know, the teeth are poky, you know they're a little bit pokey in that's question and so here I think that counts. And then yeah, baby, the fake pun. I thought the fake punt of the fish would cause more commotion.
Speaker 4: Can I tell you one that I will probably announce from Adler that maybe one of the least appreciated lines that you snuck in there. And it was great because we're throwing something called rattle traps, which means you get up in the camera.
Speaker 2: And you're rather this thing's even broken. Something broken. Cheat.
Speaker 5: That was good, solid video again, Brody killer job. On the edit, you zoom around the lake with everybody. It's pieced together very well.
Speaker 4: Everybody miked up. It was good and they have their own camera. Speedy didn't realize, well, people haven't watched.
Speaker 2: It was your was was your tank top inside out? Yeah? He had something advertises something those of us. Yeah, those are you in the industry. You don't know about that logos? He haven't watched it yet.
Speaker 5: What you haven't watched it yet? You're in it?
Speaker 2: So you so you don't? You don't He didn't know about Remember I heard one comment you mad because.
Speaker 5: I had always playing out loud like I don't know how.
Speaker 2: To take something off, and I'm doing exactly what y'all we're doing.
Speaker 4: Of course we didn't get our shoe hook now, that was my bone.
Speaker 2: That's what I went when I stepped on it and I got to hook at my shoe.
Speaker 5: Happening.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Get a signed copy of Rick's new book, Men Don't Run in the Ring for Father's Day by going to Themanchurch dot com.
Speaker 4: Remember, one week from today is the cutoff. If you want to sign copy for Father's Day, you gotta you gotta have that order in before one week from today's Okay, June ninth is the cutoff if you want it for Father's Day. And the sign copy link is it's the red link and you can only find that by going to Rick Burgess Show dot com, Themanchurch dot com or Burgessministries dot com.
Speaker 2: Those three websites have the link you need.
Speaker 4: You can't do that on Amazon or anywhere else, okay, or in a store. You got to do it there. And we'll keep you updated. And thanks again for the incredible response. And again thanks to Sean Hannity for having me on Friday and all the others who have had me on the show to promote the book. Fine Baum and Glenn Beck and you know Lee Warren. That podcast dropped over the weekend. There's other podcasts I've already done that are coming out next week for Father's Day.
Speaker 2: Today, I'm on with the pursuit of manliness? Is that right? Speedy today?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then I'll be on another podcast tomorrow and I'll get you the name of that too. But again we record those view tomorrow, Point of View tomorrow. That's Aid Jane Robison, James Robinson. And then they have Life Today. That's their podcast. I think out of Fort Worth, Dallas, Texas.
Speaker 2: I think so.
Speaker 4: Anyway, so that'll these are going on next week. You're gonna see podcast dropping like crazy because of Father's Day. But just so grateful, just our whole family watching the response to to Dad, even after he has left this earth, his influence now through this book just is going everywhere and really moves us to see the response. It's it has exceeded our expectations, it really is. So so anyway, thank y' all for that. Okay, so let's let's get to some headlines here. I mean, this is a horrible story out of Boulder, Colorado. So we had a pro Israeli you know, free speech. You've had all the college campuses that have had there, you know, they've they've gathered for you know, free Palestine and the anti Israeli sentiment. And now you had some people that were standing up for Israel and having their own protest, and unlike the Palestinian protests, this one was bombed. We now know who did it, that the stories are they really are. We're having a hard time figuring this one thing. We know that eight people were injured, some badly. The first report, first report was someone had died. Right now we can't get clarification. We hope that's not true. The stories are very confusing on whether there was a.
Speaker 2: Death or not.
Speaker 4: But we know that it was bad and that they were bombed with molotov cocklov molotov cocktails while they were just standing there being peaceful and letting their voice be heard.
Speaker 2: And Rick.
Speaker 4: The group is called Run for Their Lives. It's a grassroot a group organize or that organizes runs and walks that tries to, I guess help with the bringing the prs of the Israeli hostages that are still being held since October the seventh, twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: And uh. And it's a peaceful global organization. And so that's what they were doing when this when this guy came to.
Speaker 4: If you're trying to have good public relations on the Palestinian side, these are the kind of things that that that this is not the message you want to send because it looks like you that you keep doing these.
Speaker 2: Things that bring this on you. Mohammed sabriy Solomon. Yeah. Uh.
Speaker 4: And here's one thing too, Let's go ahead and get this eit of the way. He is still in our country from Egypt, and he's in our country illegally, so he's over stated his visa. We have not sent him back and he shouldn't even be here. So this, this event would would not have taken place if he were not here illegally. So you got you got to throw that in because that is part of the story. And Adler has some video. Have you been showing that already?
Speaker 2: This is this is.
Speaker 5: Him, look at him just hold water bottles. Yes, this is right after it happened. There are people bleeding out all around and he's shirtless. Would just I guess gasoline or kerosene in spray bottles, so it was like a makeshift flamethrower. Also that he kind of used horrible, just crazy, and he was yelling free Palestine. I do have if we just want to keep it kind of sterile because those eyewitness accounts are just kind of just brutal and sad. If we want to keep it a little more sterile, I have the FBI given a breakdown of what happened and confirms a lot of what we were saying here.
Speaker 22: I'm able to confirm there are six victims, ages sixty seven.
Speaker 9: To eighty eight.
Speaker 22: All of them have been transported to local hospitals. This attack happened at a regularly scheduled weekly peaceful event. Witnesses are reporting that the subject used a makeshift flamethrower and threw an incendiary device into the crowd. The suspect was heard to yell free Palestine during the attack. The subject has been identified as Mohammed Sabriy Solomon and he's forty five years old. The FBI is processing the crime scene in the subject vehicle and interviewing key witnesses.
Speaker 4: So there you go, and so you've we all heard about that sadly over the weekend.
Speaker 2: So and Rick, to your point, I mean, the slew of charges here go on and on, and then at the end it says and he's been charged with two counts of first degree murder. But the circumstances surrounding the murder charges are unclear, since authorities have not announced whether any of the victims have succumbed to their injuries, so there's a little confusion there, but that's to your point, Rick.
Speaker 4: On those well, the first time that I sought reported over the weekend, the very first time, I was like, oh, look at this, this looks horrible.
Speaker 2: They said that one person had died.
Speaker 4: Okay, but now the stories today, as y'all all pointed out, are not saying that. But then there's stays have been charged with murder. Well, you can't be charged with murder.
Speaker 2: If nobody does, right, Yeah, you can.
Speaker 4: Be charged with attempted murder. And maybe that's maybe there's some confusion there.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but but anyways, so there's the there's the story.
Speaker 5: And then I think because of the injuries on a couple of people specifically were so brutal that that the the the word was death.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that's that's what I That's what I heard on the first report.
Speaker 5: So you see a lot of that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So sadly it may be not official, but it's it's going to be the end result.
Speaker 2: So I don't know.
Speaker 4: Uh, So we do a horrible story in the last couple of weeks we've had in d C.
Speaker 2: We had the uh the two gun down, and we're screaming free Palestine there, correct, And then now this, this is a this is.
Speaker 4: The kind of stuff you know, if you're trying to do the pr campaign. We're just peace loving people that are being mistreated. It just this, this doesn't help, huh. And you got to call your nuts. You know, these these people that keep bringing this on everybody else, you know, your terrorist groups people like this. So so there you go. And then you know, we we were you and I were informed yes day. I didn't know you were there because you didn't say, hey, we You and I were informed about this bizarre story in Seattle. Now when you say Seattle, you know Bizar is coming. You remember when they lost their city, you know, doing the which we all laughed at, when they wanted to be an autonomous You remember that and didn't realize that they couldn't because they couldn't get any food, of water, and they didn't know what they couldn't so they started asking for help.
Speaker 2: But that's not autonomous. You're not.
Speaker 4: You're not taking care of yourself. Try to create their own city in their own country. You remember this in Seattle.
Speaker 5: Chazz and Chaz and then they change it to chop.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So so here goes. This is a weird story, but it's important to note. In America, and the story was being reported like this, there were a group of Christians, a Christian organization that wanted to have a praise and worship service kind of thing, maybe a live band or something at one of the parks in Seattle. They went through the process to get a permit in order to do that. The mayor, according to the story, allegedly told them they could not have the part they wanted, but he could give them a permit for another part that he said, this one you can do. So they said, okay, sure, just just want a part.
Speaker 2: So they do it.
Speaker 4: So as they're doing the event, they are attacked by the lgbt Q community, uh and it turns into almost like a riot. They're at the event that they're trying to have and then come to find out when the mayor, when the mayor spoke to this thing turning violent and getting out of hand, he blamed the Christian organization, not the lgbt Q, even though he's the one that gave him a permit. That put them right in the center of the majority of the LGBTQ community, almost like he was picking this fight. They yeah, yeah, and he instigated it and then blame the Christian organization. Now, I want you to listen to this, and said that the LGBTQ community represented the values of Seattle, not the Christian organization. Now, that's an important shift if you're living in this country right now, and go ahead and take a note on that, because that's important, and that's what's being reported. And if that's how that went down, that's that that that's disturbing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's disturbing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're calling it. You know you've got antifa. Yeah, they're calling it trantifa.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, I didn't know that. Sharper. Well it again.
Speaker 4: When you hear that, you're like, so the mayor, it almost sounds like he orchestrated the whole thing. Yeah, sure, why why remember now, look out through world history and look going for why would he do that to cast the Christian community?
Speaker 2: What in a bad life?
Speaker 4: To make them the problem not the answer.
Speaker 2: I take a note of that.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back. This is the Rick Burgess Show. He was told good luck finding a job that would pay him to be the class cloud.
Speaker 2: Rick Burgess, thank you America.
Speaker 4: Having a blast today as is the norm here on The Rick Burgess Show with Speedy, Greg and Adler.
Speaker 2: Thank you for taking time to be with us.
Speaker 4: Things you need to be aware of that we announced that have already happened over the weekend. A new episode of Strange Encounters, the third one on our brand new podcast with Blade TV, Get It Wherever you get, Get It, Wherever you get podcasts. Also episode four of Tales from the Camp House. We played a highlight or two on that. We'll give you a few more days. I know thousands of you have already watched it, but you don't want to give it all away.
Speaker 2: Let you go watch it. They're on our YouTube channel.
Speaker 4: And also episode third, I mean twenty of Rick and Bubba's greatest hits in Radio Gold, the new podcast celebrating the thirty one years of the Rick and Bubba Show, some of our greatest moments and you can grab those on a podcast as well. And then also we've let you know that there's a brand new shirt in the Rick Burgess Show store, Men Don't Run in the Rain.
Speaker 2: You've heard about the book.
Speaker 4: It's doing great, but now there's the shirt so you and like men all over this country as this movement has started, proudly wear the shirt that says, you know what, men don't run in the ring. So there's two styles. We have those at rickburgesshow dot com. Just click on shop. Okay, So Adler and I both saw something over the weekend that ties into this a little bit. Let's do this one first. You know you've heard that the Amish, I mean they'll raise a barn in a second, rooting on for it. I didn't know they could pick up a barn. Literally, I know they can raise a barn. I didn't know they could pick one up. Eight hundred Amish men in Ohio. Watch this.
Speaker 2: They pick the barn up and move it right.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, and with their hands, y'all.
Speaker 2: Look at that.
Speaker 18: Just hang.
Speaker 5: Lapse of it, just there going, they're moving it. They're just walking with it.
Speaker 4: That an entire barn, Steedie, how do you be in a barn person?
Speaker 2: How's that feel?
Speaker 18: Mine?
Speaker 2: That's amazing. Now for those of you that cannot see this, the barn, the frame around it is, it's not closed in yet, so you still see this. So there's guys, studs and let's have they got the roof on it again. So there's people on the outside, maybe what two or three rows on the outside, and they go all the way through the inside too. Yes, so I mean you're talking about everybody holding their own weight. Yes, I hate they're moving it around like it is nothing, like it's nothing.
Speaker 4: You're here, constrict who no, no, no, no. Did you just say that you hate to crap on something?
Speaker 2: Gig? You don't hate crap.
Speaker 4: You you get up every day and looking for what you can ask the question, why.
Speaker 2: Don't you where you wanted it?
Speaker 4: The craken, why do you want Why do you want to build it at the edge of the road and then have to walk around with it once you got here, you know where you need the barn?
Speaker 2: Build it there. That's how walking with a barn that's not nine omis not knowing the story. It could be that it already was there and and they took the outside off and they wanted to move it. Sometimes you got to move a bar and relocated. You know, barn experts, they didn't say they just built it. They just said they moved it. They said they built it.
Speaker 5: No, they moved it. Hey, check this out. So it's it's kind of out there. It does look like it's a new construction. Uh, it's kind of like at their chest or so height. Want them to say, all right, let's it's at our chest height. Let's now move it down to about our belt height where we're all holding it up from. Uh, so they're gonna walk walk. Well, it's like it's on a conveyor belt.
Speaker 4: Y'all.
Speaker 5: This is amazing. And then right here there you go. You see that, the whole thing just goes down a level. They're like, all right, we're good, we can lower.
Speaker 4: It from the text nation. Could eight hundred Amish man take a gorilla?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 4: Teamwork, okay, that kind of teamwork, Yes, I would know who's directing everybody.
Speaker 2: All right, pick up and you who decided to tell you? What if we get enough in here? We move it? All right, here's about this.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna actually now when because you're in the Amish, I know, y'all, it's hit or miss with you. Greg, you good sausage. You're about to You're about to love this. Adler nine also saw and I don't know how old this is. I mean we just both happened to see it. I guess on our I guess, I guess you and I the algorithm both said Adler and Rick would like to see this.
Speaker 5: They like Amish content.
Speaker 4: So watch this. If you raise your hand in the audience. If you're driving, just one hand, raise your hand. If you've had a deck built on a home, Hey, hey, I need a deck built. Uh the Amish send two young Amish guys and and catch this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, these young gentlemen, said buddy. End of the day, they will have the whole deck up.
Speaker 2: Right in staid the whole doc.
Speaker 5: That waits.
Speaker 2: One day though.
Speaker 5: You couldn't believe it.
Speaker 4: Look they're gone and the whole thing is finished. Two Amish boys built an entire deck with rails and everything in one day.
Speaker 2: The coupe part, they built it at the road and they picked it up.
Speaker 4: Nobody asked you to weigh in on that, But Greg, can you now is that different than everybody else's experience? But you can't get anybody wall And these two Homish young men come up and say, we'll build the deck, and I bet it's a show enough good deck to.
Speaker 2: Greg. Let's focus on their work it Now.
Speaker 5: Do we see power tools? Are they allowed to use like power tools. Yeah, are they?
Speaker 2: I'm sure?
Speaker 5: I mean you can't. You can't do that with that with a hammer, can you?
Speaker 2: They could?
Speaker 4: And the slope there on too that look at that he can't. Of course he's dropping an f bomb, but he can't believe. Look, look, that's not a wow. That's a show of good deck.
Speaker 5: It's way up there.
Speaker 2: Can I I want to go back and you don't have to pull it one day back to the one day the deck is started and finished.
Speaker 5: I'll take some of that.
Speaker 2: Yes, it took me a wait to get somebody clean gutters, and finally that happened. Uh. Back to the barn getting moved where they're going over? Did you see the foundation?
Speaker 5: That's yes?
Speaker 2: So are you back to them moving the barn?
Speaker 5: This foundation?
Speaker 2: Look, this foundation's got to sit on that, and it's gotta sit on these Does that helped Greg?
Speaker 4: And when they get to there, they go from their waist and they lift it back up above their waist.
Speaker 2: This is new or not? It looks new to me.
Speaker 5: It's new.
Speaker 2: It went so now I'm talking about the building. I don't know.
Speaker 5: It looks like it is.
Speaker 2: Who knows? I don't know? Then again, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, it looks like.
Speaker 7: You was sitting.
Speaker 4: They're moving at Greg from they're moving the location it used to be there, Greg.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that it's going there. They're moving at Greg. You got a problem with that? They do like it? What happened?
Speaker 4: Somebody said on text Nation their wives didn't like where it was and said, no.
Speaker 2: Over here, Why that's no good movie picture.
Speaker 5: It's like when you hang a picture. Fore you ever try.
Speaker 2: To get a couch where it's supposed to be. I won't know why these people here are watching it ain't heaven watch this. So they go here and watch they pick it back up right above the above the post.
Speaker 5: Oh there you go.
Speaker 2: And then and then they got guys that are trying to make sure that they're on the post where they and then they let it down. That's that's a thing out there.
Speaker 5: It goes.
Speaker 2: Can you look at any video and just go, that's that's impressive. Yeah, no, I can answer that speedy. Let me answer that for you. That's a no, y'all.
Speaker 5: Look at all these amish dudes, a lot of bonnets in the crowd.
Speaker 2: To anybody popular, anybody, just a little bit.
Speaker 4: When your life's a real complicated, you got a lot of things going on, really getting hassled. Have you ever found yourself kind of yearning to be honest?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yeah, Amish family, simple, simple, simple time.
Speaker 4: I guess it is simple. Not a lot of bells and whistles, but simple.
Speaker 2: Remember the series when they moved to the city and go crazy the young ones?
Speaker 4: Yes, Greg, that's not worth This is being Amish. God, I want to settle on the Amish life here for just a minute, if I.
Speaker 2: Could know them, jeded die, you're killing me. Pick it up. Yeah, you know they were. Somebody was not pulling their way. Somebody was in there just for look.
Speaker 4: Look how quick we're off the Amish text Nation wants to ask Greg if you saw two tons what they call one thousand pounds sitters there was the latest episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were like showing memory of once from the past. I didn't like it as good.
Speaker 4: Okay, I forgot how big that were, but I thought that might have been something you would have enjoy it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it wasn't it good breaking, Amish breaking.
Speaker 2: That's why I want to I.
Speaker 4: Want to go Amish positive. Yet they built a deck, a good one in one day, and they moved a big barn.
Speaker 5: The barn on Monday, raise their brother.
Speaker 4: I know we all wanted to hear it. Yeah, it wouldn't have got us canceled out of play at the top of the hour.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burchers Show.
Speaker 2: You better listen up. You know what we say as I'm gonna tell you gotta find.
Speaker 1: The voice of reason in an unreasonable world. The Rick Burcher's Show.
Speaker 2: Here we go, brand new hour. Thank you for being with US America.
Speaker 4: If you missed any of the show catching on the daily archives, you know that, so go back you never have to miss a moment of the show, or go back and listen to some of your favorite moments each day catch.
Speaker 2: Up if you get behind.
Speaker 4: All right, we got a lot to talk about going forward on the program, including on screen phone calls this hours to stand by.
Speaker 2: Okay, so a couple of items to hits.
Speaker 4: And Greg kind of shocked us a little bit, and you know he uh, it's rare that Greg tries to say, Hey, I want to help you guys out with your viewing habits.
Speaker 2: Watch some weird stuff.
Speaker 4: We really will, and I will tell you guys are not helping me anything that y'all come up with. And look, I got I gotta have something. I'm trapped right now. Love my wife with all my heart, lovers so much, just just so in love with this beautiful woman. What a blessing she is. But boy, when we're sitting down watching different shows and stuff and we take some TV time just to chill, boy, she's she's selecting some real I mean, I hate to say, pretty boring stuff.
Speaker 2: Boring. Boy, I'm having a hard time with you. You can find this one. I watched. Okay, go ahead, because I got to.
Speaker 4: Remember if it was on a streaming network or on like Lifetime or something.
Speaker 2: Well, you'll go leasing out on the weekend.
Speaker 4: As the day starts winding down, what's it, Let's try to find someone and if we find something good.
Speaker 2: We'll band something in.
Speaker 4: We do the same thing, you know, like a little bit like, okay, we've done everything we need to do.
Speaker 2: What do you think about right now?
Speaker 4: Will you think of going downstairs so we can find something? Yeah, we do the exact same thing, and right now, Hard we're struggling. Earn Hard even watched the spin off. There's actually a special about Michael Waltrip and his relationship to ellern Hart. Never seen that, and I can't get I can't get Sherry interested. You know how we became Zeppelin. I can't, I can't anything but yet, but yet I give in. You know, when I'm looking at some you know, summer we turn urn purities. Now with Sherry, you're all you're going, You're going back in time with sheer every time, we're going to some sort of period piece.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: Basically, Sherry wants to watch any show, any series that remotely looks like a Pride and Prejudice. If it remotely looks like Pride and Prejudice, she'll give it a shot. And some of it is just it's just it's tough. And then there's just one guy that's in every one of them. I'm like, who is this Green Gables? That wholeness kill me? I can't get out, I can't get out. Well, I got something for you, Okay, again, I don't know what it's on. It may and I don't remember. Why am I feeling weird right now? What is he gonna say? The Milli Vanilli story any one? And by the end I felt bad for Robin fab Yes, I called in that and couldn't get out of it. And it was just hey, and we all know the story, but you know they were just dancers and they put them in this video and it's just this mastermind, this producer. He puts all this music music together, and and they keep going with the winter, we're gonna sing and he keeps putting them off. Well, then it gets released without them singing, and we're gonna do now, and they keep wanting to say anyway, y'all know the story. So they finally you want me to go home and say, hey, baby, I know we're enjoying that that movie about you know that eighteen hundreds, but our show or series or whatever, and we're in some town where it's never sunshine, it's always cloudy, and I know that we want to stay with that, But would you be interested in us watching the.
Speaker 1: Today?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 7: You?
Speaker 2: Do you feel bad for Rob bab so sign ever come out on those kind of series?
Speaker 5: Ever? Seriously?
Speaker 2: Is it ever sunny?
Speaker 5: Overcast every day?
Speaker 2: All right? But you want yeah, okay, so on this story here? Yeah, I mean, we know we know the story, but you're saying that they weren't really in on the in the beginning.
Speaker 4: No, they they didn't go a little ass fake our voices and the show's the guys who really sing, and they're the ones like Overweight Guy that's like, you know, they're all older than one, almost like your granddaddy, and he's got he's got his like his brim on. Yeah, but there's a twist. I didn't know the first release. I guess it's scary. You know it's true. I guess that was it. Go ahead sing there was already. They didn't write it. I mean even the producer he did. He wrote a lot of stuff, but he didn't write it. He stole it from some people that were like at a low like a low level recording studio, and they were trying to make it.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 4: He somehow got it and released it over in uh Europe, and it became. It wasn't a huge hit, but it was like in the clubs, well there was that whole.
Speaker 2: Song, so well, you know it's true. Here they come I Love You.
Speaker 4: Anyway before it's all said done, when it all crashes and burns. Those guys got them a lawyer and they ended up getting credit for that one single and it set them up for millions and they became actually successful. Did Little Studio Grim Guy, the two real singers the studio Little studios. Two real singers were just on. I guess they just came in the salary. They use them for different stuff.
Speaker 2: So I'm two, I'm the two singers behind the curtain, and my song blows up and and and and I just got paid a little bit to go to singing. Yeah, I'm not sure what their deal was at the end.
Speaker 4: It kind of money were the two fakers making. They weren't making a lot of money. Well, they had a bad contract with they were living how they ever, put up in the record company and put them up in the in the house in California and all this stuff. But like the first time they show up in the to talk to the record people and they just start talking. They all start looking at each other because their accents were horrible. They're like, there's no way they can't you, I mean, because.
Speaker 5: They don't sound like girl you.
Speaker 2: And I guess the real singers don't look good enough to market.
Speaker 4: So they took the look and put the voice with the look, and it just.
Speaker 2: Got out of hands almost grammy. Yeah, And that's what was the beginning of the end.
Speaker 4: Of course, they went they kept wanting to sing, and the producer was pushing them back because they couldn't sing. And then finally they got all big head and they said, well, they won't be a second album unless we sing. So he calls a press conference and says, hey, they didn't sing any of it, the producer. So they tried to back the producer in the corner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So he just called a press conference and said, you know, it wasn't them. They didn't sing a note a minute.
Speaker 4: Very similar, very similar to that thing you do, because remember they tried to do some roadblock against the Tom Hanks character saying we want to sing the songs we want to sing, not the way to make it a sing.
Speaker 2: And he did.
Speaker 4: He didn't say okay, just said but then it's over. Yeah, here's the yeah, same thing here. He was like, and now he caught a lot of grief. But in his career as a producer at the end, he sold over eight hundred million copies of different stuff. So he did alright. The only two people didn't do a right were those two well, yeah, and died. What's their names? Fab and Rob? One of them died, didn't one of them take his own life? Yeah, well I already drug over there, young Yeah, okay, but yeah, I just thought it was funny that I watched the middle of it, Nelly, But we always watched those time we watched and it was actually a series about uh I was the name of it, singing group.
Speaker 5: Behind the music or something?
Speaker 4: Well, now it was a movie about uh the one that Bobby Brown was in New Edition addition, Yeah, it was like a series.
Speaker 2: We watched that one. Who Are You You?
Speaker 4: Came in today and so I got some suggestions for you the Milli Vanilli story and new edition are you Killing Vanilly story? Give me something I can take into the now. The new edition thing was years ago, you won't find it? And are the Streets always plays ontil a lot? And that are the streets always muddy? Can we ever have the streets not muddy?
Speaker 2: In the series? Right?
Speaker 4: And we know that we know the guy everybody thinks is bad really isn't bad, and and she's trying to talk about how bad he is and she's eventually gonna fall in love with him and find out he did something really nice that he kept to himself. And know one new we all know this is gonna happen?
Speaker 5: Can happen? Can anything happen? Or are we just gonna sit around and talk the whole time.
Speaker 3: Talk.
Speaker 5: Goodness, we're talking still again, it's more talking in this movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in the same drab room.
Speaker 5: Yes, the orchard, and now we're talking in the orchard. Okay. Now we're in the courtyard and we're talking in the courtyard.
Speaker 2: Talk a lot.
Speaker 5: Can anything happen in this movie.
Speaker 2: We're on horses now, same conversation on horses. All right, So for everybody that's just screaming, how do I see it? The story of Milli Vanilli? Uh it is? It came out I think in three late O three twenty twenty three. Excuse me, not O three, apologize pairmount plus.
Speaker 4: I think it says, okay, all right, I have that where they were playing live in the record. In the record, the tape starts skipping. Yeah, I remember they showed that. That didn't really because a lot of performers use tapes, so that didn't really And they got away when they got nominated for the Grammy. The rule was you have to sing live at the Grammys. Oh, but they got an exception because they didn't know what they were going to do. But they got an exception, and they and they.
Speaker 2: At what point did the two fakers at what point do they realize, Okay, this is real and we're just going to live the lie. It was it right when the new single was released. Yeah, Gaby blew up so big and they're now we're living in this huge house in Hollywood or wherever. And but they just thought they were dancers for the video.
Speaker 4: Yes, first, and they were like, when we are when are we going to record the vocals? And he kept putting them off and then and finally he released the end of the day.
Speaker 2: He was like, well we came now, wow. And then they were like, well, we want to sing on the next one. He was like, yeah, I guess, but.
Speaker 5: Do you'll want to hear girl?
Speaker 17: You know it's looping real quick?
Speaker 2: Yes, Oh that's it.
Speaker 8: Oh.
Speaker 5: They just run off there like I gotta get out of here.
Speaker 2: It's girl, you know. Okay have you ever seen that before?
Speaker 5: That's ugly.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. This is what Trump had in mind when he sought to make America great again. The Mick Burchers Show.
Speaker 4: Thanks for being with us today, America. We got We've covered a ton, don't miss any of it. Looking forward to being Lord Willing in Seminole, Texas. Coming up this weekend Saturday night the men's event at First Baptist Church Seminal, Texas, and then honored to speak of the services on the eighth the next day. So Texas, Lord willing coming to see you this weekend. If you're in that area around the Lovett, Texas, Texas area, we'd love to have you join us. All the details there at the manchurch dot com under events.
Speaker 8: Hey.
Speaker 4: Also, I want you to think of the best bed sheets you ever slept on in your entire life. Think of them right now, get them in your mind. Then I want you to multiply that by ten twenty one hundred. That's what it's like to be sleeping on my pillow. Geeza dream bed sheets, the best sheets ever right now. You can order them in any size, any color for just forty nine ninety eight. This is the absolute steel that you have been looking for. Four hundred tread count. I mean thread count, says tread here, But I bet that's a type of four hundred thread count sheets made from the best cotton in the world from Giza, so let me hear you. You can get Queens Kings, Split Kings, and California Kings, any signs, any color, forty nine ninety eight and for a limited time, if you order over one hundred dollars, you get one hundred dollars in free digital gifts.
Speaker 2: Wow. So so check that out.
Speaker 4: Also remember the Rev seven new energy drink that Lindell's all fired up about with the make America Healthy Again, powered by Go BHB, No caffeine, no sugar, no stimmua of any kind. It's clean energy, makes you focused in sharp, heppy, sleep better, lemonade, green apple, and blueberry citrus. It's also vegan if you care about that. So use use big Vox as your code and get Rev seven for as little as nine ninety nine thirty percent off. So all that at my pillow dot com slash big Vox. Well, Trump had an opportunity to answer a few questions over the weekend. We knew this was going to happen. Someone is going to ask Trump about what happened with the with the Is it macarn as?
Speaker 2: I say his name, Myron, it's Peter Deucy, I think. Now.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you what's hilarious is that Babylon B and others had a field day and we all saw Myron, we all saw his wife push his face back.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, hushing his mouth.
Speaker 4: So Deucey is gonna ask Trump if he wants to give a manual macaron any advice.
Speaker 2: And here it is.
Speaker 4: This week there was a video on board a plane that showed the first Lady of France slapping her husband, Emmanuel Macrum.
Speaker 2: Do you have any world leaders, world leader marital ad.
Speaker 7: Make sure the door remains closed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the door needs to be awkward lines then over, Yeah, Greg, why.
Speaker 2: You don't call him awkwardy?
Speaker 4: It was during his press conference, right, he dressed up for uh godfather, all right, so does father?
Speaker 5: It was what it was father?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 5: Girl, you know it's true.
Speaker 2: I'm gunna who who.
Speaker 4: So now one a adler one a so Trump now is going to make uh fake news what he calls them watch their own Fate network admit that Trump is an economic genie?
Speaker 2: Did you see this at the end of the last week. I didn't see it. It was about the numbers and they sure, and look he literally has an aide bring a laptop over and just hits play. Right, this is this is crazy? All right?
Speaker 4: So watch this from uh you know, Joe Karenan and Rick Santelli just just came out and we'll just play that for a second.
Speaker 13: Personal income is eight ten, eight tens of percent. That is almost triple the expectations.
Speaker 5: The income base.
Speaker 13: The income numbers really for the first four months of the year, they're stellar, They're really stellar. I mean I could go back and look at the first four months of many different years, really very strong numbers. And you're right, this administration is criticized for just about everything under the sun. I've never ever in my lifetime had glimpses into the politics of an administration in the form of transparency like this one. Why don't we be you know, give credit where credit is due?
Speaker 2: Also income really shooting.
Speaker 4: I also thought everybody was going to get one last.
Speaker 13: Order of imports that were going to be tariff.
Speaker 1: And they were loading up on things.
Speaker 2: How the hell did the how the hell they already.
Speaker 13: Fixed the trade or not fix it, but to cut it in half.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. So there wasn't a lot of front loading of things that they needed before.
Speaker 5: The Trump Trump Fase.
Speaker 13: I'll tell you what it really does, calling the question some of the conventional wisdoms, and you know, it's gonna be interesting to see what happens next month when we get this number, or we we see some of the other numbers, like current accounts, see how.
Speaker 2: They feared, because I don't.
Speaker 13: Know, I've been watching these numbers a long time. I don't think I've ever seen the trade upstick cutting half of one month.
Speaker 4: He made them watch their own reports and just stood there with the laptop runner his chin, making faces.
Speaker 5: The face on this man. He's like, yes, and speaking of Musk. For some reason, everybody's wanting to point this, like paint this as like a big Elon uh Donald Trump break up kind of thing, like they're you know, they're done with each other, they're sick of each other. He was stealing the limelight. They're fighting each other for control all this stuff. If you wanted, or I could just read the headline, it's Musk is saying this is not the end of Doze, but it's really the beginning. He's going to continue on as a friend and advisor to the president. It's they're not in a fight, but yes, Elon is, you know, focusing more on his company. But the way that the mainstream media is trying to paint this is inaccurate.
Speaker 4: Well, and you got to have that, but you're right, and you even heard when we were interviewing Scott Jennings. He was saying that he hoped that they would be able to work all this out, and you know, just the fact that you know, Musk was saying rightfully, So I was here to get rid of government waste. The big beautiful bill's got too much government waste still in it. You know, you can't have you can have a beautiful bill, but you can't have a big beautiful bill if you're really trying to cut waste. And I think, you know, they went back in, they took they took a look at it, and hopefully they listened. But that didn't mean that they busted up. That was his role to do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think in the press conference, which I was able to catch one hundred and thirty two, one hundred and thirty four days with the scheduled time, that he would step aside. So that's now. And they talked about the big beautiful deal in the in the Oval office together and they seem pretty cordial, and and and and Trump even said it's gonna take a lot of it's gonna take time for some of these changes to be implemented. You know, some of these adjustments to the budget and things being cut over time. But see said sometimes it can take up to a year for its just that.
Speaker 5: And I hope that they're able to podify some of these dos touts. That would be fantastic. That'd be a huge lead striguing the size of our federal ms really would.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll be back, we'll come back.
Speaker 4: We'll go unscreen phone calls with America next year.
Speaker 2: Turn to chants. All ten lines will be available.
Speaker 4: You know the number eight eight eight, the number six Big Box America.
Speaker 2: You speak unscreened right after this.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Get on the show, no by calling one eight eight eight six Big Box.
Speaker 4: All right, here we go, unscreen phone calls America. All ten lines available.
Speaker 3: Thank you for being with us today, Dona Douglas's chat.
Speaker 2: Whatever's on your mind, It's time for you to let it be heard. Unscreened format.
Speaker 4: That means when you hear ringing, just keep hanging because we'll go to you and we will screen you on the fly. Just a better way to do phone calls. We found that really sending somebody in there to do calls screening was a complete waste of time and actually was a detriment more than an attribute, so we might as well just screen them on the fly. So here you go eightay eight number six big vox, and we will chat with you shortly, So go ahead and dial now. A couple of things need to make you aware of. We've hit these a couple of times which you might just be joining us. So right now on the The Rick Burgess Show YouTube channel, you've got now four full episodes of Tales from the Camp House.
Speaker 2: The new one is there.
Speaker 4: We have three episodes of the new podcast Strange Encounters. Episode three is now there, so you can go grab those off our YouTube channel and the Rick Burgess Show store to go along with the book just made available now the t shirt men Don't Run in the Rain. If you want to grab those, you can as well. If you need to get a signed copy of the book Men Don't Run in the Rain by Father's Day. The cutoff is one week from today and that signed copy link is available on our website, Themanchurch dot com website and also Burgessministries dot com. To the people, Hello, you're on the Rick Burgess Show. Unscreenphone calls.
Speaker 17: Go see y'all remember carrot top right?
Speaker 2: Sure? Huh?
Speaker 17: So carrot talks on tour again finally, and he was on a Kiltny podcast last week, and he does a prop comedy where he builds his own props, and if you haven't seen it, the kill Tony episode is hilarious.
Speaker 4: You know you said something there that I didn't expect many people to hear. Carrott Top is back on tour finally. Uh so, yeah, so you were anticipating with, Okay, all right, Yeah, I don't know what kill Tony is podcasts, It's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a comedian, Okay, and.
Speaker 5: He's a comedian. He brings up other comedians and it's it's it's uh, you.
Speaker 4: Know, would you say Carrot Tops back on tour finally?
Speaker 5: I would not say that Carrot Top is a prop comic, and that is not necessarily my thing.
Speaker 2: Remember when this propst burn up in Birmingham Death Comedy Club. Yeah, uh, I used to delate James Gregory.
Speaker 4: Uh he he absolutely loathed prop comedy, hated it.
Speaker 2: The last time I saw him was jacked jacked. He's I don't know what that red.
Speaker 4: Whoa Okay, lots of plastic surgery. I will say that Carrott Top made me laugh one time, and it wasn't a prop because I'm like you out sometimes, you know, James Gray, you say, what do he hates?
Speaker 2: You bring a proper and nobody laughs. She's reach and grab another one. Yeah. Or if the puppet says something, everybody lets't get away with it because of this puppet.
Speaker 4: Right. The is that when he did the thing because when comedians used to come to Birmingham at one time, they stayed at a hotel that was connected to the Galleria, which was a gigantic mall.
Speaker 2: And when he came on, he said, wow, too, one thing, this hotel's got to be a gift shop I've ever seen. That was pretty fun. That's fun.
Speaker 4: Okay, uh we continue, Hello, Rick Burgess Show, unscreened phone calls.
Speaker 19: Go ahead, Yeah, I got a question. I'm glad Trump's our president. But the etonomy is doing so good. He's a Georgia Pacific mill of Cedar Springs, Georgia fixing lay off five hundred something ployees, all Spurs Globe Motors and those in Alabama speaks and layoffs seventy five and a GP meal in Virginia has done closed down. Five hundred something employees lost their jobs. If the economy's so booming. Why is all this happening?
Speaker 4: Well, I guess it's relative, you know, according to where you are in the economy. And I'm sure all three of those stories probably have complicated storylines that I'm not in on, and I don't know if you're in on.
Speaker 2: But I really don't have the answer for that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's interesting because you see the developed developments with US Steel van Pittsburgh. Those are Yeah, those were some big, big wins for Trump there. So you hate to hear about the you know, the other side of the coin, so to speak.
Speaker 4: But that does happen, you know, in any economy you have, you have where places where it booms and then sometimes has adverse effects and other parts. But I don't know all the storylines behind those examples, So apologize for that. Rick Burder's show unscreen phone calls go.
Speaker 20: Ahead, Hey, Rick, in order to promote men Don't Run in the rest in the Rain, had you rather go on the View or Rachel Maddow's show to promote it?
Speaker 5: You got to choose one for the show.
Speaker 4: It's got to be the View, I mean for the show. Can you imagine me there?
Speaker 2: Oh, I could look up and see you sitting in the middle of that panel kidding me. It's almost like that's too good to even dream?
Speaker 4: Can we please get that? I wish that would happen anyway. There's no way the seven hundred Club for it. There's no way this this pr team great trade the club, you know, honestly probably reach more people need it, of course, now I would, it would be y'all.
Speaker 2: Oh, Rick, you talk about it may melt uh the things that just the title alone, the things I don't like that.
Speaker 4: They don't well, speaking of that, and I actually got an email and I'll share with you all something something, something happened over the weekend. All right, we continue Rick Berger's show on screen. Phone calls go.
Speaker 7: Ahead, directive it Larry, Larry.
Speaker 2: We've already talked to you. He's mobile.
Speaker 17: Did you go, Rick, Yes, go ahead, Yes you did.
Speaker 7: You go to your text real quick, Carolyn, and I just sent you a picture of our mailbox.
Speaker 2: Okay, Larry, Larry Larry.
Speaker 4: If y'all noticed that Larry that Larry believes that the show really just belongs to he and Karen.
Speaker 2: What time do Yeah, I don't have that. It's not your up here. You're checking your is.
Speaker 4: I can't check you. I can't check your relaxed. I am right now because I thought Larry had my obsessed with Alaska. It says Alaska state line. Okay, all right, it's got a moose crossing sign. Okay, all right here.
Speaker 2: So that's so I'm gonna pull up to that mailbox or is that when he was in Alaska? Now that's his mailbox. He's doing something funny.
Speaker 4: So I'll see that line. You sure look up, and I'll see that green you sure will. And there's a great meal waiting inside of twelve Uh hello Rick birders show unscreen phone calls go ahead, hireck.
Speaker 18: It's Vicky from my rap. Hey, I'm so excited. I just love it when I get to talk to y'all.
Speaker 7: Listen.
Speaker 18: Well, y'all have been talking about such like a lot of heavy stuff going on this morning, and I thought I just thought we should talk about y'all just looks cute sitting there. I mean you just y'all just look so cute sitting there. And my husband he's making me watch y'all every morning now and when he is good man, and we absolutely just love it. But I think we need a light in the mood. A little bit, and we need to just talk about how everybody looks good and how y'all sound good. Y'all all got on cute sharks, this more woman and things are just perking along, and let's just cheer things up, brought and things up, and go on and finish the show.
Speaker 4: Okay, did you get to ever get that Keith Urban guitar? Well, I think that's all when you joined the show. Caust anybody claiming the show has been heavy, you haven't been listening to the show very long.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was one that I look cute. Has never been used for this show.
Speaker 4: No, very nice, very very very nice to say that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she is worried about mister Chin, Yes she is.
Speaker 5: Oh, he's great, he's great.
Speaker 4: Any anybody raise your hand if you think that Adler has changed a chance he's been in there.
Speaker 5: Y'all, y'all are accused. That's very accusatory. That's the same one I'm looking. And we've covered Earnhart, baseball, wrestling, Millie Vanilli. It's been not a.
Speaker 2: Super super heavy show.
Speaker 4: You know it's though.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, go ahead, Rick Burger's show. Unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 12: Go ahead, Yes, sir, hey listen just to ans one phone call about this why the economy is doing so bad as far as the closing of Globe Voters and everything else. He used to work the glow Voters require got smart and uh, majority of their material that they built these motors come from overseas. I'm sure the tariffs had something to.
Speaker 2: Do with it. Oh yeah, probably so yeah, Okay, thank you very much. Yeah, I don't know anything about it. You do, so thank you for that information. Rick Burger's show unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, Richard, good morning.
Speaker 2: Anybody.
Speaker 9: I really want to say. I used to could not stand Adler.
Speaker 2: Now he's my favorite on the show. You know what that guy, right? He works through the article.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he works through the Let me tell you something, Adler is an acquired taste, and once it's there, you can't get enough of it.
Speaker 5: Oh no, I'd like to thank my brother Luke for calling.
Speaker 2: No, let me tell you've had a whole pr people.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, you first start out, you go, you know, the first time you experienced Addler, you know, you don't really know what to do. Yeah, and then once once you get a case Addler, you got it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like, why does that homeless kid with a beard, sound like Rush Limbaugh, Like, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Yeah, people don't know.
Speaker 5: People don't yet.
Speaker 4: Like my wife says about Addler in this delivery, he's funny.
Speaker 5: Oh that's hey. I'm gonna say she's a good cook because I had one of those meat balls.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, really very good breakfast ball. Breakfast ball. Some people said we could call him morning balls. Nope, O, yeah, it's a bad idea I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Is that a chopped onion in there?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 21: Yeah, a little bit, and it's got some green apple in there, a little salty sweet, salty sweet.
Speaker 1: Miss is the Rick Burgess Show. Sure, he played a little ball.
Speaker 4: Rick Burgess, Thanks for being with us today, America. We've covered quite a bit today, and if you have missed any of it, catch the daily archive. Don't miss that either on our YouTube channel or our podcast channel, and that way you never have to miss any Also, go pick up anything you know you might want to hear again. You ever touched my hay made you hear it this morning? Now we missed you're like, oh no, come here, let me pull it up for you so you can do that too.
Speaker 2: I do that, Yeah, I do that. So anyway, a couple of things that will lead into something that happened.
Speaker 1: Over the weegend.
Speaker 2: What'd you do? So let's just hang on.
Speaker 14: Maundy Birch, Hey Birch emails rolling then, But we ain't turning back big locks in the house.
Speaker 5: We're turning it loud. The Rick Bird his show was rocking the crowd.
Speaker 4: Show from hay Bird, Hey bird? Uh, and this is this is kind of like me and the me and my new guys say things like this from John, Hey Bird, just check and see if you might have borrowed my three eight inch ratchet. I can't find it. I know you've been turned into handy man. Thought I might have it, John, I don't have it, Buddy, I normally don't use it three eight but calls for it. Yeah, even if it calls for it, I don't like. That's not my face. Please, that's my favorite.
Speaker 2: Please Rick, fix fix something again over the weekend.
Speaker 5: Fixt o'clock clock? You mean you set the clock?
Speaker 2: Nope?
Speaker 4: Fixed it? Nope, it wasn't working, and I made it work. Would you put batteries in it? Sherry looked up, got it in the wall. We've got a clock on the wall. She said, Hey, something's wrong with that clock. I said, well, look at there. I said that things stop, can't it. Baby said, my need a battery, and uh so heased over there to it double A. I keep a few triples just in case, but it's rare that those are used much these days. But you know, triple A. Course, I prefer, you know, the the gold top.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: And so I'm a deer a cell guy. A lot of you know, people say there's not much difference. But i'd have to disagree with people like that energizer buddy, Yeah, energizer, I don't have good luck with them. I'm a deer cell guy. I'd probably get an endorsement contract with him or something. But so I took the clock off the wall.
Speaker 2: No you didn't. Oh yeah, I had to get the battery. You shouldered you were able to do that. Yeah, it was like, it's a light clock.
Speaker 4: Doesn't cost a lot with you know, because I'm working through some injuries, I said, Baby, just where you are, I said, won't be long you look at that clock, will be working again.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I walked out to the garage.
Speaker 4: You know where my toolbox is, and I couldn't find any and uh, I thought, I try to keep a supply. I do too, thought I had something out there. Of course I saw a nine vote In case I need to fix the door again with the with the combination lock, keep nine votes because of chirping.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, old chirping.
Speaker 4: You don't have to you're talking to We've all got a drawer full of battery. You think I hadn't repaired to smoke alarm time or two.
Speaker 5: It's not repairing. You're using the word repair very brazenly, very loosely.
Speaker 2: You screw it and unplug. It doesn't mean you clock was not working. I made it work. That's fixing it.
Speaker 5: So you ended up finding fixing it.
Speaker 4: So I thought to myself, now this is this is stuff you don't do unless you're handy. Okay, So I thought to myself, I don't have my supply and my toolbox. You know where I keep my Phillips head, my Crescent rich it's not there. I see a nine vote. That's not gonna help us. Of course I'm ready in case I have any issue with a combination lock on the garage door, because you know, I fixed it, and so I was so so I went downstairs and uh, I remembered that when the kids were home, and you know, any every now and if I want to play n C Double A college football, uh that there's Xbox controllers down there, and you know what they run on double A son.
Speaker 2: Now, until you need those controllers, you're good. Yeah. So I went down and the battery probably nearly worn out. So you call it's a.
Speaker 4: It's a complicated uh clock because it only uses one battery. And so so I popped out of double A. Uh, I went upstairs. You know, you gotta be careful on the positive negative. You got to get that right crucial in a little bit dangerous and so uh watch out leaking battery. So I uh, I actually took the you know, the positive as you know, it needs to be touching and and that then came the hard part, hanging the clock back up. You do that, and don't forget this. It's got it's got the movable hands on it. So I had to set it. Oh you didn't, Oh yeah, that hour hand can be true. You got your index finger out and so I'll get went over to the minute, and I realized that dotell, how long we have been dead? So I had to go around a couple of times to get it on the eight man. And I remember, I remember right now, because you don't forget it. I said it at eight twenty seven and in the morning, and she's back running now, hung her back up her semi straight.
Speaker 2: No way, it's straight, no way, it's straight. So I just want to oh, yeah, twelve oclocks. Yes, I ain't a little to the fixt.
Speaker 4: The clock over the weekend, continue to be handy. You shall see me.
Speaker 2: Look you being handy on some friend of mine that it can do anything right and is handy. Right.
Speaker 4: He just thinks this is the funniest you know what. I know, handy go and you know what? You know what I announced across the house.
Speaker 5: Clock's fixed. I don't know if it's fist.
Speaker 2: His next book.
Speaker 5: I don't know if it was broken technically to be fixed.
Speaker 2: His next book will be on handyman, Yes it will.
Speaker 4: And man Rick a picture of Rick's toolbox there it is, Okay, that is mine?
Speaker 2: Where did you find that? A little bit everything? Also over the weekend?
Speaker 4: Uh, speaking of fixing things, and this is what it's going to take. Okay, what it's going to take a video eight it's going to take this So we had another one of these absurd things where a biological male, you know, wins some track meet and until the female athletes have had enough of this, the biological female athletes, it's not going to change. And we had female athletes in Oregon that refused to stand on the podium because a biological male was awarded, you know, a place on the podium, and a lot of the females would not go over there to be part of it.
Speaker 5: You can see ranked three and four are not going to stand on.
Speaker 2: Three and four will not get up.
Speaker 5: There, they say, And we're out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're they're telling him to come to tell them to come stand on the podium. They're like, no, we will, We're out, not gonna do Which one is the dude?
Speaker 5: Uh, it's hard to tell these days.
Speaker 2: Great, the one, the one in first, the one, the one stand over the big one? Maybe hard to tell. That's what that's what it is.
Speaker 4: It it's easy the it's the first or second because they would not stand up there. So so anyway, until until there's there, there starts to be start need to be a no, hey, we're not gonna participate in this. Nothing, nothing's gonna change. And and again I don't. I don't know why.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't know why.
Speaker 4: To me, this just seems, as we said a thousand times, just lacking all logic and and and the answer is not what we're doing right now.
Speaker 2: And the answer is either you don't get to do this.
Speaker 4: Or you have your own category, which we said how many times, yeah, and and and to me, it just seems like such an an easy speaking of preparing fix.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So so we know, but that that is what it's gonna take. Throw back to you being a handyman. Text nation, it's a good day for you. Yeah, y'all, y'all are on fire. Yeah. And men don't run in the rain. The next book this needs to be titled men don't call repair men. That's right, that's right.
Speaker 4: That somebody said they fixed the interior of their wife's car, which.
Speaker 2: Means they vacuumed it out there you go. That's good. Yeah, that's good. I know, I feel I know, I feel fixed.
Speaker 5: This door by the way to shut it.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show, America.
Speaker 2: Here we go, America, a brand new hour.
Speaker 1: You already let goutcasting from the real work.
Speaker 4: New hour, and we'll get some of your phone calls hitting in this hour, a lot of you really bringing stuff in commenting and via email as well. We've done a lot already today. Go back and catch it if you missed it. You know, the audience is almost all but demanding, and we got so much going on right now, guys, with the production schedule that we have right now, with the daily archives, the Wednesday Bible Study, Strange Encounters, the podcast tells from the camp house, I just don't think we can take anything else own, even though the audience is screaming for it.
Speaker 2: I mean, going to get Larry. We got the speedy going to get Larry.
Speaker 4: They want me to do you know, videos showing some of my handiwork and you know, showing people how to fix things. I just don't know if I have time for that, but thank you that. It feels great to see all of you asking for it.
Speaker 5: Repair Man Rick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just don't. I don't know.
Speaker 4: If I don't have to, maybe I could just do it on my eye phone maybe, you know, and put something up, you know, don't having to produce it and edit it and all that. Uh So I'm gonna head down the Low's. They look around and look around, see what you might need.
Speaker 2: Can y'all ever get out of those big home improvement stores with just what you want we went for? I always get pulled off and get something else to Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, I'm the opposite. I'm the opposite. I only walk out with what I went for. No way is anything added. Yeah, I want to get out there as quick as possible as smart I am in and out.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Of course, now that I've become a little more handy, I am I need a few more tools.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you might need around. Just get a hammer while you at it.
Speaker 5: I bought something from a from a store this weekend.
Speaker 2: In fact, would you get what you get?
Speaker 5: I have had trouble with my lawnmower for a while now, okay, and it's it's doing this thing where it will die after like thirty or forty five minutes.
Speaker 1: It'll just go down.
Speaker 5: Yes, filter and I've checked the air filter. It's just I leave it outside. I gotta be honest. I leave it outside when I shouldn't called it. Yes, I have not taken care of Did you know about this? It lasted me four years and I got it for free.
Speaker 2: Okay, I know, I know.
Speaker 5: I ever more reason to treat it right, ever, more reason to treat it wrong. And I'm not saying that's the right thing to do, but I think that's what I did. I was like, you were free, I'll leave you in the rain. You know that whole thing is that what you do?
Speaker 2: Men don't leave their lawn more in the.
Speaker 5: Ring, men don't leave. And so I've been thinking about it.
Speaker 2: Let me fix it?
Speaker 5: Can you fix it? For that's that's the whole point of this conversation. Can you fix the small because I know you do small engine repair of course, right repair man.
Speaker 2: But no place it can do it? Does it use a battery?
Speaker 5: It's no, no, it's it's fuel gasoline. But that's where actually where I'm going. I've crossed. I've crossed the line, and I don't feel good about it. And why did you bought a battery lawnmower?
Speaker 2: Oh, my goodness, electric? How big? I think that's worse than a battery change.
Speaker 5: No, I'm walking around and it's like like it's like I'm pushing a vacuum around. What am I doing?
Speaker 2: Why did you do that?
Speaker 5: Well, I've got all the batteries I've got I already have all the batteries I've got a bazillion of the Green Yes, the Green brand there, and I do have a pretty big yard.
Speaker 2: You need one of those with go top.
Speaker 5: So I'm going through a lot of batteries. Yes, I need one of those, but y'all, it was the weirdest thing. It was the weirdest thing. I'm like, And I asked my wife about it. I was like, hey, did you notice a difference with the volume of the lawnmower and all that? Because I got mowed the lawn on Saturday and she goes, I couldn't even I couldn't even hear it inside it all, which I don't know how I feel about that. I kind of want to people like, hey, yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm working.
Speaker 4: I'm going work out here, I'm cutting grass, and the neighborhood knows it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so it's okay. If I have a couple of light beers, you know, I'm combustion is going on out here. I'm breathing fumes. If I'm breathing fumes, you know, it's a trade off.
Speaker 2: I don't even know how that even feels. I mean, I mean, it was odd.
Speaker 5: I got to say, it's that's me mowing the line.
Speaker 4: You know what it's like you know, it's like it's like you've gone back to the old timey ones.
Speaker 2: You can't have a van like you've got and then cut your yard down.
Speaker 4: You might have a sweet van, but you do not have a sweet lawnmar No.
Speaker 5: It helps that it's got a g it's the same with it's not small, it's the same. It's actually I think an inch longer wider the the blade cut thing, Craig, don't look rough the cut with whatever that's called. It's twenty one inches. It's twenty one inches. What happened with those? So so.
Speaker 2: Greg Mike coming down?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was actually great. I could smell grass.
Speaker 2: Not like few Well I did it cut well?
Speaker 5: I could cut well? It did one battery make it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: It has okay, so it runs off Okay, it's just like a drill battery, right, like the drill battery h eighteen volt and so you put two in there. Yeah, and it runs off too at the same time. And then it has a separate thing for the for two extra so you don't even have to go back to the garage to get more batteries. So right there in the yard, I swapped the batteries and got it done. With like, I guess three batteries or so.
Speaker 4: The worst battery life I've ever seen are these battery operated leaf blowers.
Speaker 5: I get twenty one minutes on my leaf flower.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. There's nothing.
Speaker 5: You better get it done quick.
Speaker 2: It's so stupid. So well, I got so many questions because I know you, and I know how you love your yard and so and you like to cut it and and all that. But let's say you get behind and it gets it's gets grown, it's thick.
Speaker 4: Now they can't take that. I don't put I never put anything Like your parents. You didn't have to wait, you know, weeks for you to get there to cut it.
Speaker 5: No, I will say that the gas thing going to get gas. That's a pain in the rear. And I already had batter Be.
Speaker 2: Sure you from from Handy Rick, get you mixed right now.
Speaker 5: Yes, you gotta have your ratio right all that. Make sure it's the right oil, gas mixed if it's that, which if that's what it needs.
Speaker 2: Just gas gas straight up? What you mix blower? Small engine? He clearly said, small engine.
Speaker 5: Well, a lot of lawnmowers are straight gas.
Speaker 4: How does the neighbors know when you're cutting because I mean, if I hear a lot more, I gotta get up at the window and look.
Speaker 2: Around, don't it starts six and the morning?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, well, all that note, lawnmower. On that note, I'm in this dilemma in my neighborhood. We'll come back and we'll talk about it. Because you've really you've you've kind of teed it up.
Speaker 2: Okay. I don't know what to do.
Speaker 4: Something keeps happening in my neighborhood, and I've got two things against me to address it, and I don't think I should address it, but it is bothered me. And the fact that it's bothered me, I have to ask myself a hard question, and I want to know if y'all can answer it. Okay, okay, So, Adler, You're You're okay with a battery, operate the lawnmower. No matter what text Nation says or how many bad emails you get. You think it works good enough, and it's it's and you're happy with it.
Speaker 5: If so far I've only mowed my lawn once.
Speaker 4: But you feel bad about it, I would like you feel bad about it.
Speaker 5: I missed the rumble, but I also like not having the rumble.
Speaker 2: Do you get a lot of leaves in the fall? What are you gonna do about all that?
Speaker 5: I only had one earbud in instead of having to have to and blasted my brain out, so that felt better. So how did it pros? Was I wearing a skirt while doing it?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: Had you been willing to go all battery like even though like weed eater and and chainsaw and all that, so you I already have?
Speaker 5: I already I got the I got a battery polsaw and weed whacker and blower and edger, which, by the way.
Speaker 2: But of them, the worst one is to leave.
Speaker 5: And all those are attachments. So it's one comedy and those are all attachments.
Speaker 2: Don't know that.
Speaker 5: By the way, I edged I was edging this weekend, and it looks like a child did it. It looks like a kid came up and was like drawn on the wall. It looks horrible. It's it's harder than they said.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. We talked to the public every day and trust us, you should be gravely concerned. The weak budget show.
Speaker 5: And here we go.
Speaker 4: Thank you for being with us America. We're having a blast today. Did you miss something? No, Biggie go back and catch today the archive on the podcast channel or the YouTube channel, and the YouTube channel also has episode four of Tells from the Camp House.
Speaker 2: The Burgess Bass Battle is finished. We have a winner.
Speaker 4: Find out who it is if you haven't seen it already. Also, you can pick up the latest episode of Strange Encounters, episode three. Greg and Lisa watched it this weekend and it's scared, Greg.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Not.
Speaker 4: The intention is not to scare, it is to inform. Speaking of being concerned, you know, when you unlock of something in your house, it's a little bit different than locking it down, isn't it.
Speaker 2: It's if you have a simply safe system.
Speaker 4: Now when you're telling you I want to get in here and put my code in, I'm locking it down, But you're also unlocking something. What is that peace of mind? Because you know, oh, there's so far ahead of everybody else in the industry, simply safe, dot com, slash, big Vox. There really is no safe like simply safe. Nothing is close to the active guard outdoor protection, groundbreaking, groundbreaking live monitoring agents use AI powered cameras to spot and engage suspicious individuals proactively. You get security that doesn't react to threads, but actively works to stop them.
Speaker 2: That's even better. So there's no contract. Love it. It's about a dollar a day.
Speaker 4: Love it, no hidden fees, love it, sixty day money back guarantee not needed, but it's there if you want it. Take control of your safety today and get fifty percent off. Yes, sir, speedy savings, catch up. Get the kind of protection that also gives you peace of mind knowing that you're protected proactively. Simply safe dot com slash Big Vox fifty percent off. Also a link at Rick burgesshow dot com com under sponsors from textation at or they're saying, don't let anyone make fun of you for having a battery operated lawn more and if they get too bad, hit them with your purse.
Speaker 2: Okay, just knock them out. Knock him out. Speaking of text my dad reached out, and he doesn't normally text us late no sure, but he said, hey, son, I have been fascinated over the hoe bread that Larry and Carolyn talked about. Oh no, he said, I figured. I found out it's made out of corn meal and it's made thicker than corn bread and cooked in a skillet. So you know what that means, oh yeah, I got talked to Terry about making some hoe bread.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, be careful, be careful when you come in throwing that around.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm just saying that next time we got to hustle and bring some Hope bread. There's another name that.
Speaker 4: Remember, I chose for the men's event because I wasn't gonna get on the microphone and say, come on me in here.
Speaker 2: Great, thanks for being ho Cakes. You're ready.
Speaker 4: Uh, the Johnny Cakes is also another way to go Johnny Cash.
Speaker 2: Vaguely remember Mom when we were kids and she would take cornla and put it in a pan and fry it. You remember that, these little patties, I do not that's what it is, though I think I think I may have made, but I really believe she will break some up next time we come up.
Speaker 5: Which look at this this stack of them right here. They're like stacked up, like consistent chilling.
Speaker 2: That looks delicious.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's fantastic pounds. That's that's where I go to die.
Speaker 2: Yea col bread, Like, give me some whole bread.
Speaker 5: If I do better, give me some of them hopes.
Speaker 4: You know what they call it that used to be cooked on a whole yes, yeah, Patrick, Yeah, I know how you would have done that.
Speaker 2: I guess you hold it over the fire. Yeah, you hold it over.
Speaker 7: Me.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this. They're usually pretty nasty. Yeah want torym huh. Really No matter which way you go, that's a truth day, that's true.
Speaker 5: Right, can be dirty? Here you go there.
Speaker 23: Look that's a shovel. That's a shovel. Okay, I know a hoe when I see Yeah, that is that is? I mean, he's the last time you used one? I used one just the other day. He's on a trench in the back for irrigation and water flow. Got in there and hold it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, worked out good.
Speaker 5: I can't remember the last time I used.
Speaker 4: I only used one off. Something needs to be fixed. Kill snakes with him?
Speaker 2: Here we go. Okay, so I need your help.
Speaker 4: I don't know what to do here because I'm afraid if I if I take some action. Is this bothered me because I'm getting I'm turning into a cranky old man and I'm worried about this. Okay, Okay, I don't want to become the cranky old man in the neighborhood. Okay, it might be too late, thanks buddy. There is a and I want the kid to have a good time. I remember when I was young. You know, you don't want to get in the way of someone's you youngness. Okay. And I don't live in some gaety community or anything like when I have a homeowner association, none of that. Don't want to live in that world. I like, we're all here, we're free range. Okay, So backyard fence, their house, across the road. There's a road that.
Speaker 2: Runs behind my house where the chickens at that time.
Speaker 4: Correct, one of the one of the young has a four wheel drive truck that he's very fond of. He's extremely fond of. And you know people, and you know people that you know, the people that are car people, they're never done with their vehicle constant, they're always they work on it all the time. So and and he's got some kind of muffler thing on it. And it's not just a little bit loud, it's a lot of loud. I mean everybody in the neighborhood and that thing cranks. We're like, well, there he goes, you know, and I'm like, yeah, well you really were committed, and he was. And I'm like, and that's that's just him. Revin in the driveway for whatever reason. Okay, time of day, uh, any, it could be any time of day. So these people don't realize it. And and so also also you know that muffle made me mad in Atlanta.
Speaker 2: Hey listen here.
Speaker 4: He will also he will also add to it when the day is right, especially about the time you're relaxing by the pool.
Speaker 2: He will also add with it really loud music. So it's.
Speaker 5: Just like.
Speaker 2: And then and then.
Speaker 5: You're like, you lost your headphones doing what you were doing. You lost your headphones doing what you were just doing.
Speaker 4: I think I needed to do that so I don't become the cranky old man says, turn it off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's we're living together. Yeah, we're not all in your.
Speaker 5: Four will drive loud truck world.
Speaker 2: Hey, that's a joke though in traffic that I throw out to Terry. Every now and then somebody comes by with something big, old loud. I'm like, imagine living on the street with that person.
Speaker 4: This person is right, they come and go and he and he loves his truck, and good for him, always working on it, always changing tires. Let me fired up. We always fired up. And then we're coming in. It's a common and then coming out of the and then and then the loud and and I'm thinking, if I just let the kid have his thing. Man, they're nice people, they're they're they're good neighbors. Young is a teenage and that's trouble. And it's like, uh, it's just it's just so and and some reason it's almost like I think he looks out the window, mister Burgess is going to uh lad next to the pool and float on the float, you know, and you know, and and he's enjoying it. About the time I get on my float and I'm looking up at the sky and I'm like, so, uh, I mean to the point the bird you were once listening to, they're all they're gone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's like it was. You have a homeowners association. No, I just said that earlier. I don't want to. I'm sorry. I don't want to live in that world. I say. I like living in free range, like I said, And it's just but I just I.
Speaker 4: Think if I if I have nobody, if if I walk to the fence and say, hey, hey, come on, man, I think I'm a cranky old man at that.
Speaker 2: You can't tell me they can't crank what's next?
Speaker 4: What's next? Hey, don't come get my plums? You know which, I don't have a yard.
Speaker 2: I can't be. I can't be that guy. I just can't be.
Speaker 4: Am I am I bothered by this because this is normal? Am I now becoming a cranky old man?
Speaker 2: I think you're going You wouldn't years ago, you wouldn't have noticed like you do now. I don't know, Greg.
Speaker 4: It sounds like like it's like before he cranks his truck, a sound crew comes in and puts.
Speaker 2: Them a big consler.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's always messing with him, always has got the level.
Speaker 2: The level of loud is ten being like it's echoing and you can hear it in this it's see w Yeah, it's it's uh.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: But I can't be the cranky old man.
Speaker 5: Call the police.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess show. He has known Greg Burgess for his entire light. No set Rick burches.
Speaker 2: That explains a lot, doesn't it?
Speaker 7: All?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: So we're back?
Speaker 4: So so does that does that bother me because I'm old? Or would it just bother me on if I was a normal age? Am I becoming the cranky old man of the neighborhood.
Speaker 2: There's some of that. But I mean, if it's so loud you can hear it inside, I mean there's got to be some common sense the people that are on the giving side that hey, I might be disturbing everybody. It's almost like in Greg you mentioned it earlier. If I've got yard worker, I'm cranking something up, not like Adler who's got a battery, sure hard thing.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: I don't try to cut the yard too early in the morning either, or crank of chainsaw, you know, just out of respect to the native.
Speaker 4: Well, I've noticed the lower people don't. They have no leaflower people couldn't care less.
Speaker 5: But I've a lawnmower for sale. By the way, I've got a lawnmower for sale. Run run As is selling it as is.
Speaker 4: But the you just give it away and a box of cats. But the but, but the thing on this is, you know, the leaf blower people. You kind of go, we're in a world of leaf blowers. We're all just going to deal with that. The leaf blower people, they're they're in their own little leaf blowing world, right. They don't pay attention, they don't care what time it is, they don't care how loud it is. They couldn't care less. But this is one of those things. And that somebody I think gave me the best advice at a text nation.
Speaker 2: Rick.
Speaker 4: You're too hip for this, you know, cause I mean you're on the Rick Burger Shop. Okay, right, Nobody wants any of us to have the reputation that we're the cranky old man the neighborhood, which.
Speaker 2: We're too hip for that.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, we're cool.
Speaker 4: So what they say is, go go find another neighbor because there's people equally as upset. I'm not upset, but are equally bothered by it. And let one of them be the cranky neighbor. You don't be missus Kravit, so let someone else do it. Are the cranky old man. Find and there's a rock and hide your hand, and then I'll tell the neighbors after that's over. These neighbors, I mean they're a little over the top. What was a kid were hurting?
Speaker 2: Right? Yeah? But you better stop, yeah before them you fire them up and then back out. Well, Sherry's already shut me down. Sherry shut me down.
Speaker 4: She said, you cannot be cranky old man, and please, but this will a little bit of violation because she claims I'm a rebel rouser. What she goes, oh, you get people going? And I'm like, do I have that kind of reputation?
Speaker 2: Do I do that? All? Do I do that?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: And she said, don't get a whole neighborhood thing going? Is this a violation of that? If I get one cranky neighbor just one?
Speaker 2: No, I won't.
Speaker 4: I want to get a whole get.
Speaker 2: The cranky neighbor going, and then back out of it, and then and then you're good, You're solid. But but talking about it now, do you think is there any chance they listen?
Speaker 8: One?
Speaker 2: Probably? Maybe this might be taking care of it right now.
Speaker 4: Well, there's a connection that makes it also awkward that I wasn't aware of to.
Speaker 2: Just the other day. Yea, is it going to pull anybody else in? Could so? We we're just enjoying this story, but we pulled in.
Speaker 4: I'm just the question was It's not about that. The question was becoming you're cranky old man? I mean is that you know who who who wants a little piece of the neighborhood?
Speaker 2: Am I that guy? Now? I mean it happens, don't they have like laws?
Speaker 5: Like this.
Speaker 4: You can't be the you can't go pol No, he's battery lawnmore per ever. Never he's got a sign and in his yard that slow down.
Speaker 5: I told you guys that in confidence.
Speaker 4: All right, you said, wait a minute, you have well let me tell you this that you have your house, people are gonna know it was you.
Speaker 2: How about this? Did you know that?
Speaker 4: I think I think the crankiest old man we have is the youngest guy.
Speaker 2: Look, he is a lot of kids.
Speaker 5: It's a family restaurant. My kids are very bad at riding bikes, all right, They're terrible at it. They suck okay, all right, whether people by when the kids are on the bikes, people blow by on the street. So yes, I put the sign out that says slow children would play.
Speaker 2: Well that don't call them slow children.
Speaker 5: Well it doesn't say that.
Speaker 2: Nobody.
Speaker 5: Okay, slow down, please drive slowly.
Speaker 2: Oh they're slow children around slow children street, their slow children one they make pretty good grades.
Speaker 5: It's slow Comma children at play? Okay, all right, you got that separate statement.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 2: Children. Here's what I would do. I wouldn't go calm, I go dot.
Speaker 5: Dot dot slow slow exclamation point children.
Speaker 2: About watch for children at play. I'm about slow ya down.
Speaker 5: Now, I did put it.
Speaker 2: Or deal with me.
Speaker 5: I put a borderline so that you kind of think that maybe my neighbor put it up honestly close to the property line because I didn't want to look like a huge loser. I didn't want to, like front and center by my mailbox, right distance myself from the statement. But I still stand by it, but not really.
Speaker 2: I got you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, only do your neighbor probably think you're telling him to slow No.
Speaker 2: I thincause the other one says, tell three people today you love him. That's gosh, that's good.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I think I wouldcome the guy in the neighborhood that brings awareness to it.
Speaker 2: But I'm not bothered by Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I mean a lot of people were upset with this kid struck and how loud it is. But I mean, I guess I can understand if I was older. Yeah, and then you try to get some.
Speaker 5: Hey guys, Alabama found him. You have when traveling under thirty five miles per hour, the noise limit is eighty decibels. Noise get you get you a decibel meter. In fact, they have apps on phones just point your phone at him when he comes back to see if it's over eighty boom, there's a ticket.
Speaker 2: Hey, what are you doing? You think I'm a nark?
Speaker 5: Is what I am.
Speaker 2: I was about to say, you think I'm gonna be Karen of the neighborhood.
Speaker 5: I'm narking, Karen.
Speaker 2: You're doing that now, No, I'm not. I'm telling.
Speaker 4: I'm asking y'all am being the cranky old man. I'm bringing awareness to my crankiness.
Speaker 5: It's thirty two dash five dash two sixteen for the code.
Speaker 4: When I'm standing inside his slow children's sign checking the desk, somebody said.
Speaker 2: To Speedy, Speedy, have that signed by his house.
Speaker 4: It was just I'm not it was it was just old you're dead and maybe we had a great time.
Speaker 5: He was real nice to you, you know he did.
Speaker 2: He did.
Speaker 5: He said you were strong. You're the one with the sign that all right, everything gets on. I just want people to be drive slower. And since drive slower in neighborhoods.
Speaker 2: You know what I wish I had lived in my neighborhood. He beat the gods.
Speaker 4: So yeah, second second, correct, he accuse the guy stealing his ear butts.
Speaker 2: He'll do anything.
Speaker 14: Related to read, even the same topic. If he'll do that. You ever seen something to anybody? You ever see when he gets mad?
Speaker 2: It's hard walk.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 5: I yelled at church. I yelled Era in the church parking lot. Were you saying?
Speaker 7: Great?
Speaker 2: Did look? Did you remind your butts back? It's one of great favorite stories all the time.
Speaker 5: I wrote him an apology letter. Let's let it go. My goodness, I don't know the guy that in Spanish, but yeah I did. I did English and Spanish translation. And I'm not joking.
Speaker 4: That's not even exaggeration, that's not even do you realize at what point you get to you go, I'm calling him out?
Speaker 2: Yeah? You still my Greg.
Speaker 5: They disappeared and the next day he had them. I'm stupid. I jumped to conclusions. There was a six month wait for these particular pieces. Yes, they were very hard to get. It was right when they came out. I'm like, how did this guy that's running the vacuum cleaner do it? And that was the wrong thing for me to assume. Let's not bring it up anymore.
Speaker 4: Please, you ever know something now anytime if we remotely to a store, but profiling Adler just sent.
Speaker 5: Silent that who hasn't done that?
Speaker 2: Right? You really? Maybe he can come over and be the voice.
Speaker 4: Would you mind, Adam? Would you come over there in the neighborhood and walk around say wow, that's a little loud for the other neighbors.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'll do it. You know how they've got decibel apps on these phones now, and.
Speaker 2: If you that through the wrong one, you can write them a letter. What if you went to the wrong house. I'm sorry you Remember you were friend for hire? Remember that? Yes, what we could what would the cranky old man for here were higher? And then you bring Adler in and I tell you.
Speaker 4: You get that confounded trunk chi loud over there?
Speaker 2: I got a decimal app. It's too loud. Turned the truck and the music down.
Speaker 5: This isn't erase track.
Speaker 2: That's funny.
Speaker 5: I did you speaking of being old? I did yell at Ezra. He was We were in the church parking lot and I went, I go stay right there. Luckily it was later we had you know, Lily gagged a little bit after church. I was getting my symbol bag back in the in the in the vedic and I, you guys know, the drill I'm putting my symbol bag back in there. Little man sitting right there by the way. He's so tiny and cute. Golly, but he's lucky. He's lucky, he's cute. And then I turned one second and he's gone. He's gone to the front of the van. And I panicked a little bit, so I ran around the edge of go hey, hey, no, sir. And then I look and there's like girls in sun dresses. Oh no, like a whole pack of girls in sundresses.
Speaker 2: Like, look, what just happened?
Speaker 5: Did you like, said, no, sir, did.
Speaker 2: You say that? You know what I would have said, Somebody do something. That man's trying to get that kid of his man.
Speaker 5: Somebody show him he's putting a kid in his man. All clearly abduction's going on, because there's no way this guy's anybody's dad.
Speaker 2: He's got a simple but you think he looks like a dad.
Speaker 5: He's got a circular purse, enjoying the pony pap trying to get his child. Yeah, he is.
Speaker 2: Probably the one has a loud truck.
Speaker 5: He is the stinkiest stinker of all stinkers. Right now, you look at that kid and he's just looking for mischief. It's like he just discovered what mischief is and he's like this drug. You can't get enough of it.
Speaker 2: He's like, give me more mystic and juicy juice. Let me right back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show, the man who loved it for a national holiday in honor of whoever the pusson was who inveted air conditioning weak birches.
Speaker 2: You gotta love that guy. We're back, yues. So I just heard from and to break.
Speaker 7: You.
Speaker 4: Remember my crew when the crest used to be. I mean it was like an iron wall, how the crest was protected. And you know, I had a bunch of crusters. Their kids all grew up, they moved all effing Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just had one of them. So I tell you one thing. I still in the crest. We solve this. That's what you need, I said. He said, I'd be the cranky old man for you. I said, will we miss you? Buddy? Dyson's gotten soft. I guess you just put those racon earbuds in and just noise cancelation and shot out by the pool.
Speaker 5: Sir Dyson appreciates that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well he's got a little soft. You used to count on Dyson. Uh, of course, his lea. His leaf blowers so loud he probably didn't hear the.
Speaker 2: Truck, but.
Speaker 7: He run.
Speaker 5: It's all coming out.
Speaker 2: Do you know how to run a leaf blower? Of course I do. Cherry normally does it.
Speaker 4: But sure you What does Sherry think about this? She told me to stay out of it, and she's okay with it. She just said, I'd just rather you not get involved in it. Should work itself out. Is that what she's thinking?
Speaker 2: She goes to one of them slow children's signs.
Speaker 5: Up.
Speaker 2: He made, you know, slow down a.
Speaker 5: Little bit, not a slow children sign.
Speaker 2: Right, Greg? I have children? Right? Okay, so I have you know?
Speaker 4: You know how people? Someone here's asked from email. Has everyone finished Earnhardt documentary over the weekend. We actually did a recap earlier in the show, so you need to catch the archive today. Aaron and we also recapped the movie we did, Greg, thank goodness for that documentary.
Speaker 2: Greg's movie, Greg movie, Yes, not documentary, it's a movie. It's a movie.
Speaker 5: It's like a drama.
Speaker 2: Yes, Oh, I didn't know that. Well you didn't let us know. Well you didn't say that. You sure didn't. That makes it even better.
Speaker 4: Well from Greg, that's a movie great from Steve From Steve. Would you rather this is solely for Greg, Would you rather number one get licked in the eye by Richard Simmons?
Speaker 2: Well, that's pretty much off the chart.
Speaker 4: I think have the same accident Speedy had them just way to the Titans game or listen to George Straight for twelve hours?
Speaker 5: You watched this. I'm watching the trailer right now that's on Paramount Plus. Such a little They were doing blow a second a lot.
Speaker 2: They do cocaine. These guys do the.
Speaker 5: I forgot about that.
Speaker 2: You didn't know that you watched this. I think the Roku channel has it, and so does Paramount Plus. Okay, correct what you watch it?
Speaker 4: I didn't know they did that. They're dancing that dancing, well, they think it is. We called it something different. They wasn't singing. Which one of these three? I would listen to George Straight really, because you have to admit getting linked in the eye by.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you don't want to get linked by Richard Simons.
Speaker 4: I take George just going over things and by the end I might be a fan for Richard.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 4: Well, right, okay, so uh so I've had those things happen. Another one another one here, and guys, we can't. I don't give a warning on Beth Mowens. If she's doing women's softball, there's no warning for good Greg Brian Brand said he didn't think so. I thought so, he said. I was watching the elimination games Friday when a familiar voice hit me like a curveball, Beth Mowens.
Speaker 2: But guys, I don't swear she belongs.
Speaker 4: I don't give I don't give warnings about her calling women's softball. That's where she has to be, she said, you know, she he said, not hearing Beth call of women's softball game kind of works just like peanut butter and jelly waffles at two am.
Speaker 2: It just fits.
Speaker 4: But when she's calling college football, it's like pouring gatorade into coffee mug. Technically it works, but the vibe is all wrong. Well what a great analogy. Uh So anyway, so it says, says, so, Okay, he just I don't give warnings for that because she actually, you know, belongs there.
Speaker 5: Okay, did y'all see speaking of women's softball, did y'all see that women's Cofall College Softball World Series elimination game where the picture of the Oregon pitcher hit a clump of dirty Did you say that?
Speaker 2: And the catcher got it in her eyes?
Speaker 5: Yes, it was like the old sand in the pocket.
Speaker 4: Are like.
Speaker 2: Like like killing the bird that time?
Speaker 5: You know, yes, so here it is right here.
Speaker 2: Now watch the wash.
Speaker 5: The catcher says, I.
Speaker 4: Know it's you don't know what happened, but it'll show your slow motion to me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'll skip forward to this shot. Look at this.
Speaker 2: Watch look at the dirt boom and it just goes broom, all into all in the face of the catcher.
Speaker 5: Got sand in the ix and it came from the cleat.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 4: The picture that she kat this is like a look at that piece of dirt like.
Speaker 5: In the matrix.
Speaker 2: No way, look at that. That's incredible. What a camera shot? What what a camera shot? I don't know what camera that was, but well done.
Speaker 4: Right right man, that's bizarre. Yeah, what the odds of that are?
Speaker 7: Greg?
Speaker 5: What's the odd.
Speaker 2: I couldn't find the dirt when we friends were showing it. I said, that's because you can't see anybody.
Speaker 4: Well, so I just to always get entertained, right, go work out, and he would get on the treadmills and then try to see the TVs while he's running. He didn't have his glasses on it, you'd be squinting, couldn't see it all. Also listen to this another Hey Birds, Tyler Tyler, Greg, you know they don't count if you don't touch a line. So Tyler says, I love the show from Mississippi.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I relate so much to all of you.
Speaker 4: I find myself having some thoughts that Greg ends up articulating on the show. I'm not proud of that because I'm a pastor. Whoa I've been such a Greg. Everybody knows what that means. Yeah, okay, I've been such an avid listener that my daily interactions, and he said, often include me saying, well, look, I listened to the Rick Burgess Show, and he said, I've ended up sounding like Speedy, who always says, well, you know, Hoby says. He said, y'all have become my Hoby and everybody's starting to call me on.
Speaker 2: Oh boy.
Speaker 4: He said, I've got a baby brother too. He's my big little brother, as I like to say. He too played little ball. He has now moved to the Great state of Alabama and it's the grad assistant for Troy University. Troy Incurse, I played here in eighty three, I said, he said. Now my baby brother's also addicted to the Rick Burgers show. He said, Rick, I realize you've stopped reading now because I've become a bit But if everybody else would just continue with me, he said, I'm a podcast listener, one of the weird ones. I just picked up where I left off and ended up often being about a week behind. Oftentimes to catch up, I play, y'all, Adler, you've told me about this at one point five speed. When the new show started, I went to one point five speed pretty quickly because I had fallen behind, And he says, the new songs you have sound even better at that speed. He said, Soon though, I'll be taking a trip along, driving about seven and a half hours one way, he said, So in order to prepare, I have enough new show so listen to. I've recently got back to regular speed on the podcast, and now, to me, it sounds weird. First of all, Rick, it sounds like you've fallen off the wagon. No, that's just normal speed. Yeah, he said that. It feels like some slow mo medic nightmare. He said, so anyway, he said, It'll all he said, I did not anticipate how slow and drawn out everything would sound after returning from one point five speed to the regular speed, he said, but I'll hang in there.
Speaker 2: So there we are.
Speaker 5: Yeah, your brand can actually get used to that. But that's very odd to me to listen to a comedic podcast at one point five speed. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Word he's agreeing with you? He said that, he said, you wish he had never done.
Speaker 2: Let's all, let's all talk real fast, going to break and so let's say we can't have this. How many's only seven half? Every time it's gonna.
Speaker 5: Listen to podcast, but that one point because it's just I'm trying to get the undertones of the comedy.
Speaker 4: I'm like you, Greg, if I'm just behind those something, I just catch up at normal speed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna get to like you going in.
Speaker 7: I have.
Speaker 4: Greg couldn't believe that I usually beat thinking, Drek says, and he talks like me. But I struggle with that because I'm a faster.
Speaker 2: What what what would he? What's that you did? One? Sellowstone man? I wonder why that top reality?
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess show