Speaker 1: To Teas in a Pod with Teddy Mellencamp and camera Judge.
Speaker 2: Hi, guys, welcome to another episode of to Teas and a Pod with myself, Teddy Mellencamp and we're Judge. So I'm pretty excited for today you are. Yes, it's a fan Q and a day for the twats.
Speaker 3: So we're gonna kind of read out.
Speaker 2: We put something on Instagram and then we're kind of read out what everybody's questions are and kind of.
Speaker 3: Go through them for you guys.
Speaker 4: All right, let's go.
Speaker 3: All right, you want to ask Lisa r A.
Speaker 4: Lisa are from Rancho Cucamonga. Teddy, how are you and Edwin doing Christmas with your kids in tim or will you be celebrating oc oh Sie or Big Bear?
Speaker 2: You can go first, I think as of now, I mean the kids who are with me over Thanksgiving, So technically Edwin, I you know, has Christmas, but we're just all going to be spending it together.
Speaker 4: Can we clear something up? Yes, all over the internet it's Teddy moved in with Kyle.
Speaker 3: I mean it is such.
Speaker 4: Can you clarify that it didn't It's not like you picked up and you moved in and you left the kids at home, Like, people don't understand you. And you didn't even say that.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't. I never said that.
Speaker 5: It was like it's so with nesting, it's the kids stay in the house and then the parents come and go so that there's no disruption in the kids' lives.
Speaker 2: Right, So I mean maybe two nights a week I would stay, you know, like maybe like it really it's just on the night that I'm not there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you have to go somewhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So do you think eventually you'll get an apartment?
Speaker 3: I really, I'm truly like taking one day at a time. I don't I don't know. I don't want to make any.
Speaker 4: Like because this isn't long term sustainable. It's like until you figure everything out, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think, you know, there's a lot of things that need to be figured out, and I don't want to, you know, do any make any rash decisions?
Speaker 3: Like I would rather just sit in this And yeah.
Speaker 4: I've had friends that have done this before. And one friend of mine they got an apartment and that apartment was it was just like really basic and nothing in it really Yeah, and then whoever had the kids who didn't have the kids would go to the apartment. They'd switch off on that apartment until everything was over with and they were able to split assets and buy houses or rent houses or whatever they did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean so, I mean right now we're both I mean everything, I can't really speak.
Speaker 4: And also, are you dating Kyle? That's not oh right, that's that's the other. I love that I have my own questions because I'm like, I get so mad reading all these lies that are out there about you.
Speaker 2: Well, I love that they also put it like in quotes, like it's like I said it, I said it. And also the fact that I've gotten to the place where I'm not even allowed to like laugh at myself or make a joke where and people clearly take it seriously.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like if I didn't laugh, I would cry, guys.
Speaker 2: So like it's one of those show up for my kids, show up for life, and like, yeah, there's some days I'm gonna be sad, there's some days I'm gonna be happy, But.
Speaker 3: Like I have to, I have to laugh at myself or it would be you know, it's it's teddy.
Speaker 4: It's really one of those things. If you don't talk about it, you're hiding something. If you do talk about it, then why are you telling everybody your business like it's a no win situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a lose lose, and you know, I'm trying my best to like protect my family.
Speaker 3: And do the best buy everybody.
Speaker 2: And also share like the parts that I feel like could be helpful but also helpful to others but not detrimental to my family.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: If you were going to pick an OC housewife to move in with or best with, who would it be?
Speaker 4: Heather to bro Yeah, but then you have to drive to La That's all right, use one of her drivers to pick me up.
Speaker 2: Oh my god? Then, oh, are you going to be an OC or Big Bear for Christmas?
Speaker 4: We will be splinding our time so because it's so hard to get everybody up to Big Bear because of work schedules and things like that. So we're going to do like a little Christmas celebration with family Prior to Christmas. Last year, what we did was Christmas Eve, we spent at Big Bear because Ryan had ava on Christmas Eve and then he had to give ava to Sarah on Christmas Day, So we celebrated, you know, on Christmas Eve, we open presents and then we drove home the next day and Spencer was working so he couldn't go Christmas Eve, and then we had Christmas at home. So this year I'm thinking about doing like I don't know if I'm gonna do it before Christmas were after, but kind of like maybe like a Christmas New Year's Eve celebration but not on Christmas or New Year's Eve, if that makes sense, just so everybody can go and enjoy it because everybody has families, yeah, you know, and it's hard, like you know, with extended family and stuff. So we will be like, well, I'll deck. I haven't decorated because we haven't been a big bear for a couple of weeks, but we're probably going to go up this weekend and decorate and you know, do all that fun stuff.
Speaker 2: Well that's fun. And then what are our goals for twenty twenty five?
Speaker 4: Oh, my goodness. For me, I have set a goal and I don't know if I'm gonna be able to do it because I've been having some back problems and hit problems. I want to run a half marathon again, so I always when I'm always like have a schedule and a goal. It's always best for my fitness because then in my mind, I know like there's a date that I have to do it. I just have to amp it up like I've always worked out, but my cardio has not been as strong as it was in the past. So I am running like four miles on the treadmill course.
Speaker 3: Which one are you doing? What date? I would do it with you?
Speaker 4: I know I want you to do it with me. There's quite a few from Catalina to Napa and all that, so there's quite a few of them, and I haven't picked.
Speaker 3: It yet, all right, but let me know I would love But I.
Speaker 4: Was having back in knee problems running, so I'm like, oh my god, really, how.
Speaker 3: And this is a PSA for everybody.
Speaker 2: How often are you changing your sneakers because well, you start, once you start.
Speaker 3: Running, you need to be changing them like every three months.
Speaker 4: Well, I think that I need to get fitted for better running shoes now that I'm older. Before I could freaking run barefoot. Now it's like my knees are hurting. But I know it's not my knees. I know that my back's out and I have some pinch nerves which I always have back problems, and I think that's making my knees ache because I can like mess with my knees and hit them. They're hurt. Yeah, but it's like the nerve when I start running, I'm like, oh my god, just when I was on a good roll too. Yeah, I'm like, I'm just breezing through this. This happens and then I get sick. It's like shit, Well.
Speaker 2: You know all In has a marathon training coach.
Speaker 3: Oh really? Yeah, so Eddie.
Speaker 4: Eddie was actually a running coach. We had classes at the gym for running.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I mean she really helps, like she gives you just like she helps you train for like whatever it is that you want and gives you the schedule so it makes it best on your body and easy to follow. And she's incredible. I mean she's run every marathon there is and.
Speaker 4: There's amazing. So yeah, so twenty twenty five is all going to be about a lot of like health and fitness and mental health as well. I'm pending on not drinking in twenty twenty five. Let's see if I can stick to it. Okay, I'm not a huge drinker anyways, but it's like one of those things where you know, if I want a glass of wine. I'll have a glass of wine, but I prefer not to at all. We're coming out with a new CBD THC seltzer that's five milligrams of THHC, so I'm super excited about that, oh little substitute for alcohol.
Speaker 2: My goals are, gosh, putting one foot in front of the other, one foot in front of the other, and just really trying to show up with with love and surround myself, you know, with family and people that I truly care about, and and just try to work hard and figure out, you know, the next stages of life. So I don't want to put too much pressure on, like giving myself what exactly twenty twenty five needs to look like. I mean, I want to continue building our Twatz empire.
Speaker 3: That's for suit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that's that's for me. It was so funny because talking to Emily the other day and she made a very good point. She's like, did you at the reunion people said on our side of the couch was the you know, the mean, horrible girls that you know whatever. On the other side, they're all sweet and princess. I'm like, she goes, but do you know what me? You Heather we have businesses, we own houses, we are hustlers, we are happily married, and the other side you have people that don't have any of that, and we're the bad people. So I'm like, you know what, sweetie, I'd rather build my empire, keep moving, keep pushing for my future in my retirement than to be unsettled and unhinged.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just bananas.
Speaker 2: Who is the one guest we hope to have on the podcast in twenty twenty five?
Speaker 4: Mary Cosby is one of them. We've never had her on the show.
Speaker 3: Oh, I would love to have her on.
Speaker 4: I would love to have Mary, But you know, I often think like even bigger, like I'd love to have like somebody like Oprah or something like that, like somebody big Barba Yanna something, somebody like that.
Speaker 3: I would love to have Rihanna on all right.
Speaker 2: Then this next one is from Schmidt to Lisa on Instagram. Tarmra, do you regret being on the concrete?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, people, this is such a like, No, I don't. This is people take life way too serious. This was a game we were playing truth or Day, like literally Jingas style, Jenga style, whatever it is, and so yes, and if my memory is what I think it is, it was grass, strips of grass on concrete, Like I just squatted and and you guys didn't even see it. So it's like big deal. I mean, Emily Pete outside of Katie's house because she was drinking in the in the party van, Like, is it really that big of a deal? Do I go around pean in people's eyes?
Speaker 3: I had to pee in a big goalt before in a long car ride.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it's not that big of a deal. People, if you're taking life that serious, say it's so classy. I don't. I've never said that. I'm so classic. When was the last time my peede like that? Oh?
Speaker 3: I don't know, but when you had your P funnel that we never yet I had.
Speaker 4: A P funnel? Yeah, I had that in the back of the car. The when Emily Pete on Katie's grass, It's like, God, there's where things in the world like relax.
Speaker 3: People like just laugh or move on or be like yeah.
Speaker 4: So it's me. Jessica Dee on Instagram ask Teddy would you ever consider having tam or recap Beverly Hills with someone else? I get this all the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: I mean I personally, like if I'm out and somebody else recaps it and they have a different point of view, great, But we recap all the shows, all the Bravo shows that we're not on together.
Speaker 4: I think people are saying because you're you're so close to Kyle that you're not able to say things you probably would say about other people or you know, question them. And I get that, Like, you'll have a good friend on the show, but don't worry, I'm here to fill in for those spots.
Speaker 3: Right, Like, don't you know I might be a loyal friend.
Speaker 4: But yeah, she's a loyal friend and I speak my mind and that's why.
Speaker 2: And we're gonna no matter what franchise we're recapping, we are going to have different opinions. And like, if I'm recapping a show from my perspective, I understand you think I'm biased or too kind towards my friends, but these are my actual real friends.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I mean that's how I'm gonna be. And it's the same way I'm gonna be with you too.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I know I didn't listen to the recap because I just didn't want to get annoyed with you.
Speaker 3: So which is.
Speaker 4: Better that way.
Speaker 2: Well, dear Sarah XO asks Tamra, what did you think of Alexis's reunion performance?
Speaker 4: I think you guys all saw that. I went into her trailer and told her, you know, don't be John's mouthpiece. Go in there and just speak what's on your mind, not about John, Like this is your chance to clear things up. Because all season long, even though she talked about other things on the show, the only thing they showed was her sticking up for John. And I think that she could have played that differently. I wish she would have played that differently. It worries me, to be honest, you know. I I went into the reunion and I played it differently. Yeah, and I think that it would have helped her.
Speaker 3: But where do you stand with her now?
Speaker 2: By the way, after that final scene at Emily's house.
Speaker 4: She wasn't happy that we filmed that scene, That's for sure. I'm not gonna even try to lie about that. But you know, this is a job, and this is was a scene. Like I think she wanted me to tell her about it, and I couldn't. You know, once we film stuff, we're not allowed to talk about it, and we're not allowed because it was such a big scene and there, you know, I think that they might have been afraid that she would get ahead of it or he'd get ahead of it. But I don't feel like it was a scene that necessarily that bad on John. I felt like it was more damaging to Shannon when people found out that she punched him in the face. Yeah, so, I don't know. I we're good though. We talked, and we talked it through, and she was upset, and I think she kind of felt like it looked like me and Heather turned on her, and that was not the case at all. Yeah, nobody's turned on her at all.
Speaker 3: Well, she was hard for me to watch.
Speaker 4: She was hard for a lot of people to watch. You know, would she have done it differently if she could, I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't think so, I don't.
Speaker 4: Alexis is somebody that writes really hard for her man, and I understand where she's coming from. I went through the same thing all season long. You know, she doesn't she doesn't pan her for the audience like some people do.
Speaker 2: I think it said she's not pandering to the audience, or she's just really not self aware.
Speaker 4: How do I explain this for somebody that was made out to be a really bad person this season and I'm not and all I was there. I was only there for Shannon for so many months and years and all this stuff, and all of a sudden, I'm being told I'm a toxic friend, and I'm like, oh, that's why I was so angry.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: Could you imagine having a friend for ten years and being there for them and then finding out that they're saying horrible things about you behind your back, not about my ego. It wasn't about my ego. It was way deeper than that. And then I made out to be a horrible person because I'm not there for her, Like, yeah, I was there for you and it was exhausting, exhausting, and then now you know, you're trying to make me out like I'm the bad person when they never really did into what went down between me and Shannon before we were filming. They never really got into it. And I think it's because of Alexis. Because Alexis was there, it overshadowed what Shannon did to me, and then she played victim.
Speaker 2: But she does right, But I mean in the same token, I think that you could have you would have handled your delivery differently after watching it back.
Speaker 3: Correct, Yeah, I would have, but.
Speaker 4: I had some really bad self awareness.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm.
Speaker 4: Awareness, pent up anger about being there for somebody that is toxic, that is hard to be around, that does have an issue, and you're there trying and trying and trying. It's an exhausting friendship, and then to have them shitting all over you and talking about you in such a negative way. I don't need that. I don't want that. You know, it was hard. It was very hard for me, and I go over it in my brain a lot, you know, because I was made out to look like this horrible person that didn't give about her and it's the farthest thing from the truth. Okay. Ryan Stoneman eighty three on Instagram asked Teddy, what are your thoughts about what Crystal said to Us Weekly that you should be required to talk about your divorce on to tease? Her quote is I think if Teddy's going to come after somebody, she should open up more. She told Us Weekly. My thing is I don't really care personally, but I but I don't do that to people. That's not expected of me. I am super honest and open in general.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to the podcast, Crystal, appreciate the listen. I mean I do open up about it when asked a question, and if you want to listen to Diamonds in the Rough, Erica and I get more into it in general.
Speaker 3: I think I think that I.
Speaker 4: Think when she said that it was a little too new, I mean that happened. But also I think you have opened up since then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but also like give somebody a little bit of time, and what has she opened up about?
Speaker 4: And would you guys have beef the two of you?
Speaker 3: I mean, it's whatever.
Speaker 2: She didn't like that I was recapping the show and giving my opinions.
Speaker 3: But here's the thing.
Speaker 2: I love Cynthia and I wish her all the best on the podcast, so humble brag, I wish them. Uh. The next one is Tamra asks what advice would you give yourself if you could redo this past season of OCIE.
Speaker 4: Well, my advice would be, in real life, just stay out of it. Just I would have stayed out of some of the stuff, but that's not how the show works, and that's not why I've been on the show for going on sixteen years, yeah, or fifteen years or I don't even know how long I've been on fifteen years.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's not who you are either, Like you should.
Speaker 4: Go yeah, Like, you know what, guys, you know, people are never really happy. If I'm not speaking my mind, you know, Oh you're boring. If you are speaking your mind, oh you're mean. So I am not going to listen to the audience anymore. You beat me down this year. I thought for a second and I wasn't going to go back because of the hate that I was getting. That, you know, obviously interferes with my health, my mental health mostly, but my businesses too. Yeah, so you know, I thought about it and I thought, you know what, No, you are not winning. You are not winning. I am going to be myself and be who I am, and that's why I am the longest running housewife. Mic drop.
Speaker 3: You asked the next one, okay, mister.
Speaker 4: Josh DC on Instagram, ask Teddy, how do you feel about your name always being brought up on Beverly Hills.
Speaker 2: I mean, I would rather to tease in a pod be brought up my name, But I think it's I know, it's clear my name's going to be brought up because they're my friends.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you were on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So I mean, there's always.
Speaker 4: Gonna be a random flashback.
Speaker 2: There's always gonna be some random thing that I'm gonna cringe saying, But it is what it is.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't really have any when I.
Speaker 4: Was off for two years. The first year I was off, Oh my god, they talked about me in every single episode and they were so some of them like so mean to me. And I'm like, if you guys didn't want me on the show, like why are you talking about me? Like why why? It was so annoying, Like oh god.
Speaker 3: Then this one is green. Gal eighty one asked are are you? And Shannon good? Now you know what she.
Speaker 4: Asked to hug me at the reunion. I don't know how genuine that is after what she said in the press. I think that when Andy read they didn't show it on Bravo, but I'm peacock. Andy read our text messages and how much I did care for her and how much I was there for her, and I think she had a moment like, oh shit, I'm going to look bad. So she's like, can I give you a hug, which I thought it was great. I don't want to fight with her. I don't want to fight with her, but I want her to take accountability of what she did to me as her best friend. It was very hurtful. It wasn't like I was going in there and being me and I was hurt. Could you imagine if you heard Kyle was saying horrible things about you, that you're no better than Kelly Dodd, that nobody wanted you back, that you're a piece of shit. Could you imagine hearing those things? No, totally blindsided when you're there for all.
Speaker 2: The time, and yeah, in talking all the time and all that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was really really hard. So she basically said she was thankful for my support, but doesn't want to be friends because it's toxic.
Speaker 2: But then why did she say she filmed with certain people? But then she backtracked on that because.
Speaker 4: It looked bad. Do you know how bad that looks for the at the you know, the network level to go out there and say I'm not filming. Look at Jersey Prime example, they didn't film with people and and you know what we've talked about this rules they got, they got canceled. So I'm assuming I don't know. I'm assuming she got it. Somebody spoke to her and said, this is not a good look. To say that you're refusing to film with people is not a good look. I don't know if she's talking about me. She probably was talking about Lexus. She could have been talking about me. But I'm not the toxic one in the friendship. I was the one that was always there for her, So it was just so I thought we were.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's fair to say that you both have had your moments with one another.
Speaker 4: Oh for sure. Yeah. I mean, other than being very very angry with her this season, for you know, the things that were said off camera that were never really discussed. I've been nothing but a really good friend to her, really good and it's exhausting.
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 3: Leanne Lockin said, my pantyliner is tired.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, exactly. So I hope. I mean, I you know, the whole show is about conflict and resolution, and I'm not really one that holds a grudge. And I do care about her, of course, I care about her. I love her. I've been friends with her for so long, and you know, to say something like that doesn't look like she's really wanting to move forward, so I don't know. We have a holiday lunch coming up with most of the cast, not all of them, and we'll see, you know, how she acts. I'll be more than happy to talk.
Speaker 2: To her and let me guess who's not invited from the cast and blink if I'm correct. Okay, Katie and Alexis more Katie, Alexis.
Speaker 3: And Jen.
Speaker 2: Is that it.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying you're gonna have to see the pictures always.
Speaker 3: I'll stay tuned on the gram, you guys. But thanks for tuning in for another episode of to Cheese and a
Speaker 2: Pod And we love you guys, and we have lots more content to come.