Speaker 1: Come, wake you up, Wake up, wake up the program your alarm to power one oh five point one on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Usa.
Speaker 3: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo Yo.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Charlamagne, Peace to the plane.
Speaker 3: It is Friday. Yes, fight, how y'all.
Speaker 2: Feel out there?
Speaker 3: I feel blessed black and holly favor, but happy to be here another day to serve our beautiful listeners.
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 3: Yes, you would have to fake act happy because it's Friday. Happy every day?
Speaker 5: No, I'm happy. I'm happy for every day. No, I'm happy. I'm I'm happy as Friday.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: It looks like.
Speaker 5: We're gonna be uh, we're gonna get this huge storm on the East coast and in the South they're talking about seventeen to twenty inches pass less to.
Speaker 2: Say of snow, yes, because with you people never know.
Speaker 3: But I will say this though, when you listen to the different meteorologists, you get so many different reports, like I've been seeing negative negative forty don't even sound real. What the hell it's gonna be negative forty degree? That like that don't even sound realistic.
Speaker 2: I'm saying as the power outages, people are not gonna power.
Speaker 3: People are gonna be impacted.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I also heard if you it's gonna be so caught outside if you stand outside.
Speaker 2: For more or die nine minutes certain areas nine minutes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what they're saying. And people running too the grocery stores to try to get groceries. I think they're getting groceries for like, like, I don't know why paper towels go so fast, because people got.
Speaker 2: Kids and then you ever had you ever see one of your kids.
Speaker 4: Pull off like almost the whole road to dry.
Speaker 7: Their damn hands, you need that much paper towel, I'm saying that's how kids do it. People with kids, they're the ones that be needing all the paper tails because their kids don't know how to to just pull off one slither.
Speaker 5: The best thing Bounty did was they cut the paper towels in half now, so you can get like a half for the that's the best. My mother used to do that before they did that for your mama.
Speaker 3: I think the reason that you know you see so many stores empty is because people just never know. And so if you're telling me that I'm gonna be out of power for days, possibly a week. I'm just trying to like overstock on everything, which also don't make no sense because if.
Speaker 2: You ain't got no power.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a lot of the stuff you buy go sport for anywhere.
Speaker 2: So yeah, we just I'm planning out my weekend just in case we're all stuck in the house. Like we do a movie on this night, We're doing a talent show on this night. Kids are creating their own little talent show.
Speaker 3: Y'all do all of that just to be stuck in the house. I don't have nobody, We just had it.
Speaker 5: I don't plan because if we're stuck on the Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday because everything is shut down, we just want to have fun.
Speaker 2: We will take the best, y'all. So I understand it's a lot of us. There's a lot of us, a lot of us.
Speaker 5: Madison is he coming back home because she's like, just in case she won't be stuck in the city.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it's gonna be interesting weekend man. And guess what, running nothing happened, Okay, an inch of snow you'd be like, what the hell?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 4: I had to postpone my Birmingham show.
Speaker 2: This weekend.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so.
Speaker 7: Because I don't have to fly to Atlanta because there's no straight through flights to Birmingham.
Speaker 4: So yeah, drive drive.
Speaker 2: It's not a little job.
Speaker 3: You don't want to be anywhere down south or something like this happened because an inch of snow, inch of ice will shut down any state in this Yes, so you don't even want to be down there.
Speaker 7: Post perm postponedman ham y'all, so.
Speaker 2: Ya whatever?
Speaker 5: And of course you know laurd and myself was supposed to be in Charlotte, but that was post perm. That was post perm too. Yeah until marrow. I think mark to your teeth is the new day. They just want to make sure everybody sorry about.
Speaker 8: Lauren speaking of post perm, talking about Lauren her head, Yo, this nigga's crazy.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, let's get the show cracking. To stay on the show.
Speaker 5: We have the executive director and founder of Southern Black Girls and Women.
Speaker 3: What's that cast, Latasha Brown? And hey, they put me onto something that I didn't even realize. I guess January is National Mentorship Month, okay, And I don't think we discussed why mentorship is very important enough? You know what I mean? The mentorship at any age, you know, not even just for young people like I don't know. I never think you're too old to have a mentor And uh it is National mentor Ship Month and that's what they're here to talk about this morning. That's right.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna talk to them in a little bit.
Speaker 5: All right, everybody else from page it was next, and you can start getting on the phone lines for get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five, one oh five one. Let's start the show. Let's go back a little bit class morning.
Speaker 2: Throw some d's on that the breakfast come morning morning. Everybody is DJ n V, Jesse, Larry Charlamagne, the guy.
Speaker 4: We are the breakfast club. Dang y'all.
Speaker 2: That was my favorite verse act like I did it, Dame Like that wasn't me.
Speaker 3: We played that because every time I had thirty for thirty, I'll be thinking that. Yeah, like man, play though some deeds for one.
Speaker 5: Well, let's get in some front page news. If you are stuck this weekend because of the weather, don't worry. Football are still going on the Patriots and taking on the Broncos Sunday at three pm, and the Rams take on the Seahawks at six thirty on Sunday.
Speaker 2: What's up to me?
Speaker 9: Good morning, Envy, Jos Charlamagne.
Speaker 4: How y'all doing this morning?
Speaker 5: MEI don't look worried about no, not at all in California.
Speaker 9: I am in California in the highs like sixty seven today, So I'm I'm so.
Speaker 4: Loud, yeah, y'all.
Speaker 9: All right, all we start this morning in Minnesota, where a protest inside a church has now led to arrest. Attorney General Pam Bondi announced the arrest Thursday, saying Homeland Security and the FBI took three people into custody. Civil rights attorney Nikima Armstrong, Saint Paul's school board member Chantelle Allen, and activist William Kelly, now prosecutor say the three are facing federal charges, accused of conspiring to interfere with religious service, a.
Speaker 4: Federal offense that makes it.
Speaker 9: Illegal to obstruct or intimidate people while they're practicing their faith. At the protests, it took place inside Cities church, where organizers say they were calling for the resignation of the church's pastor, who also works as a senior ice official. Now before she was arrested, Armstrong telling news outlets that she did not disrupt service and said she and others joined the service before speaking out.
Speaker 10: Let's listen, did not rush into that church.
Speaker 11: We actually went and sat down and participated in the service. And after the pastor prayed, that is when I stood up and asked him a question in response to his prayer, and then I and he responded to me, And then I proceeded to ask him about Pastor David Easterwood and how is it possible for him to serve as both a pastor and the director of ice from Minnesota.
Speaker 2: And instead of responding to me, as soon.
Speaker 11: As he said the name David Easterwood, the pastor says, shame, shame. And that is when I led us in enchants justice for Renee Good and he hands up, don shoot.
Speaker 3: I never knew in my life that was a charge that you go in and disrupted a church service.
Speaker 2: I didn't know.
Speaker 3: And how come people who catch the Holy goes and run up and down the aisle and get arrested for disrupting the church.
Speaker 4: Because it's, oh, my gosh, God is making him do that?
Speaker 3: What if I'm in the church protest and Satan and I started speaking in tongues and rebuking Satan.
Speaker 2: Is that a charge. That's a disruption. I'm just trying to figure out.
Speaker 4: What lead when the spirit is leading. You know, that's not illegal.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that was a judge.
Speaker 12: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 9: It's called the Face Act, and it also applies to abortion clinics too, so they stop.
Speaker 3: Don't do, stop, don't kill.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's you know, the Justice Department is using it clearly in this case. In a federal judge they granted conditional release to Armstrong and Alan, but the Justice Department they appealed that decision and they remain in custody as of this morning, and the case is taking a turn online after the White House shared an edited photo of Armstrong's arrests, changing the original image to make it look like she was crying at The post did not say the photo had been altered, which sparked, of course, backlash and raised concerns about the government using manipulated images to make a point. And meanwhile, the judge also rejecting efforts to charge journalists Don Lemon, who was also inside of that church. His attorneys say the ruling confirms that his actions were protected by the First Amendment.
Speaker 3: You know that there's no legally I mean, you know, I guess it's unlawful because you know, we just you just explained it me me. But uh, ethically is what I would run Would you run up in a church? I don't know if I would run up in the church, you know what I mean? Because I think about the abortion clinics when you said that, I always see people protesting outside the abortion I never see nobody going side.
Speaker 2: But you would think you would give the church the same respect.
Speaker 5: I don't even know how they do that at times, because I'm like, people are coming in there for a service and people are just out there with don't care.
Speaker 3: Exactly, trying to be streeching.
Speaker 2: Somebody playing usher.
Speaker 3: There goes with my baby as you walk out.
Speaker 12: Yes, all right, I'm really quick.
Speaker 9: There is a growing immigration crackdown in Minnesota and it's now putting a face on it.
Speaker 4: A five year old boy.
Speaker 9: If you guys heard about this, his name is Liam Romas Ramos, Yes Ramos, yeah, yes, yes, yeah. So school officials say Ice agents they detained Lamb yesterday with his father in their driveway after school pickup, and they took the five year old with him and his family. They said that they entered the United States legally. In twenty twenty four, they applied for asylum and they're waiting for their case to be heard.
Speaker 12: His father has no.
Speaker 9: Criminal record or according to the family in their attorney JD Vice President Jadie Vance. He is defending this attention though, and arguing that federal agents were enforcing the law. Let's listen to what he had to say.
Speaker 13: Five year old was not arrested, that his dad was an illegal alien, and then when they went to arrest his illegal alien father, the father ran. So the story is that ice detained a.
Speaker 2: Five year old.
Speaker 6: Well, what are they supposed to do.
Speaker 13: Are they supposed to let a five year old child freeze to death? Are they not supposed to arrest an illegal alien in the United States of America?
Speaker 2: Where did they take the five year old? I'm sorry, shallah as the way did they take the five year old?
Speaker 9: Well, that's what I'm getting to the attorneys, the family attorney said. The boy and his father are now being held at a family detention center in Texas. His attorney said that they have not been able to speak to directly with him, and of course this incident is shaking local schools right the board of the school board chair said that they held a press conference yesterday and they said that Liam is the fourth child in their district to be taken from immigration authorities. Let's listen really quickly to what she had to say.
Speaker 14: And as I got out of my car and came around the corner, I heard, what are you doing? Don't take the child? His mom like, there are people here that can take him. There was another adult who lived in the home that was there saying I will take the child.
Speaker 4: I will take the child.
Speaker 14: Somebody else was yelling they saw that I was there and said, school is here, they can take the child. You don't have to take them. The other picture that I'm sure you've seen, there's a little boy knocking at the door with an icy age looming over him.
Speaker 5: Are you accusing Ice of using children as big.
Speaker 14: Yes, I mean that it's very clear from the pictures, from the videos, from first hand accounts. I was there, this is what happened.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 12: So, and as this goes on, maybe.
Speaker 9: You're asking how long this enforcement will go on, and they're just saying, who knows?
Speaker 4: There is no end to this as of right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know what they expect adults to do.
Speaker 3: Like you putting adults in various grange positions, because I think most adults natural reaction is to protect the child. And in this world of you know Epstein Files and you know Pizza Gate, if you just see a bunch of adults detaining a child and then just taking them away, like, I think you're gonna have a very visceral reaction to that as a as an adult.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, all right, y'all.
Speaker 9: Well, coming up at seven a funding fight on Capitol Hill that could decide whether the government shuts down, and Ice is right in the center of it.
Speaker 4: Will break that down next hour.
Speaker 5: All right, everybody else, get it off your chest eight hundred five eight five, one oh five to one. If you need to vent phone lines wide open, call us up right now. It's the breakfast Club, Good morning.
Speaker 2: This is your time to get it off your chest, whether you're man or blessed.
Speaker 4: I hate the way that you walk, the way that you talk, I hate the way that you dress. Everything when mears best.
Speaker 2: Call up next eight hundred five eight one.
Speaker 4: I'm what the cult of philing?
Speaker 15: Hello, good morning, calling from good morning from Illinois.
Speaker 10: Also, y'all don't understand I love y'all so much.
Speaker 3: We appreciate you. Man.
Speaker 2: You have its bluetooth for speaking. Can you take us off right fast? It's not so.
Speaker 10: I'm sorry I was. I was kind of listening out for Lena. Might still pull over there.
Speaker 2: Be careful. Yeah, okay, it did better now, yes, ma'am, yes, ma'am.
Speaker 16: Good, okay, third morning, I have paid for your badness.
Speaker 10: I want to see all all the time.
Speaker 16: But but I wanted to get off my chest this morning. It's not really getting it off my chest. I just wanted to encourage those who are outside today. I'm a single mother of three and I'm outside but I have a vehicle, and so it's really really cold out here, and I just wanted to encourage everybody.
Speaker 10: It's been. It's been rough.
Speaker 16: Life has been really really lifeless. I just can't see me get my hooding. But every morning that I get up and that I'm able to see the sun rise and stuff, I have to thank God because it's still.
Speaker 10: A beautiful day in spite of.
Speaker 16: Yes, yes, definitely, and and so it's it's hard. It's hard when you have to wipe your tears and then go to another location that your children are at. I haven't been in one place with my children in six months. And this is all due to even a toxic relationship and trying to rebuild myself, and it just seems.
Speaker 10: Like I kept on with in my hooding.
Speaker 16: But I'm keeping the faith and I'm still in church, and I'm still volunteering in church, and even when I'm around the homeless community, I am encouraging because it won't always be like.
Speaker 10: Yes, yes, sir, are off, yes sir.
Speaker 2: With her kids? With your kids? Do you have a cash app?
Speaker 5: Maybe you can put your cash ap out there and people that got a little extra change can help you out a little bit. The fact that and you still go to the church and you still help people.
Speaker 16: Definitely, yep. I take care of my grandparents. One of them have all time erders. My mom just has surgery, so I go and help her out. I just I have a given spirit and I'm gonna keep on doing it because that's what God blessed me with. Quite up, this this is temporary. It won't I'm trying not to cry.
Speaker 10: This is so temporary.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, oh mm hm, take it.
Speaker 4: It's okay.
Speaker 3: It is okay. We are a community that is served man, and we're gonna help you the best way.
Speaker 10: We know how it's clean with with two three so qu three.
Speaker 17: Three in hold three three three three and and shanty s h A n t I A.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's me.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: You know many Fergusons I got that are my cousins in the Monkst Corner South Carolina, all the Fergusons and most corner South Carolina.
Speaker 16: But I just want to let y'all know that y'all encourage me every day. Y'all crack me up, y'all, give me a laugh for the day, and sometimes that y'all.
Speaker 10: Y'all keep me from y'all. Y'all keep me.
Speaker 16: Here, you know, y'all keep me from leaving my babies, and so keep doing what y'all do.
Speaker 10: I just love hearing y'all.
Speaker 2: I just sent you something, shan Tisha.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I say thank you so much, but I just yeah, I want to encourage everybody to stay warm, getting into those warm and show cousin hospitals if y'all need to, and we got this, we got this.
Speaker 10: They won't always be like this.
Speaker 3: Look at your catch, have a mixed Sure you got it, because if I send it to the wrong person, I'm under sending. Make sure you got damn.
Speaker 4: You can't even do that. They got it.
Speaker 3: You can't understanding.
Speaker 4: When a day they said no, they cut it off.
Speaker 3: You can't call you can call him.
Speaker 5: Dispute, You can't difficult remember what I said the wrong person?
Speaker 2: Like five thousand? Damn you got what cash?
Speaker 4: You really blessed somebody?
Speaker 3: Thousand?
Speaker 4: No, I got it back. Oh damn, I called cash app and I was on the fourth like hours.
Speaker 2: You got it?
Speaker 3: Shot T shirt?
Speaker 10: Yeah, thank you?
Speaker 2: So did you get did you get both?
Speaker 6: With just what?
Speaker 10: No problem?
Speaker 16: I don't.
Speaker 2: My subject said, God got you.
Speaker 4: My subject says help help?
Speaker 3: So crazy? What's wrong with this man?
Speaker 18: You need the last?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: We appreciate your man, God bless you, Thank you. I try to put a nice affirmation God got you. His subject is help.
Speaker 2: Just help again.
Speaker 5: If you want to help Shine, it's q U three three N the letter N shanty s h A N t I eighty eight.
Speaker 4: We just sent a little bit of a change to definitely help her out.
Speaker 5: And you can too, just you know, if you can, if you want it, if that's on your heart, get it off your chest.
Speaker 2: Eight hundred five five help hell Lord?
Speaker 16: Hello?
Speaker 6: What's this morning?
Speaker 19: Man?
Speaker 11: My God?
Speaker 19: I tell you from.
Speaker 3: Jersey, Kelly from Jersey.
Speaker 2: We're part of Jersey.
Speaker 10: Kelly, I didn't tell you that I am no, because we're about to say.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, all right.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, go all right.
Speaker 10: So I want to get off my chest that I'm a little scared right now with these ice rays.
Speaker 11: You know, I'm walking around with my whole things versus at my wallet in Jersey.
Speaker 3: People people don't realize how much ice be in Jersey. I'll be trying to tell folks ice be in Jersey a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was in Patterson last week. They the other day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, damn you ain't.
Speaker 6: That's crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, everything writ in Jersey.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, man, continue.
Speaker 10: No, that's the first thing.
Speaker 20: The second thing, I feel like we.
Speaker 10: Were about to go through another pandemic with this flu.
Speaker 6: I had just issues on Monday.
Speaker 10: I've tried to call yesterday but I couldn't get through. I don't want apologize issues. That's bad.
Speaker 2: What you say, your stomach, what's the day? We ain't talking about your diarrhea?
Speaker 3: Read a little bit.
Speaker 16: I had the stomach dirus Monday.
Speaker 10: Now I got the flu this day. So I don't know what's happening. But it's just pandemic is just like.
Speaker 19: In the back of my mind and I'm like, every time this man is in office, something that happened, Like I.
Speaker 5: Will say that they're saying that the flu cases are going down. A couple of weeks ago they were shooting up. They saying now the flu cases are starting to go down. We've still been hearing about kids that are beginning to flu, having fevers for extended periods of time and still having that that that.
Speaker 4: Flu where your legs you can't feel your legs, and it's it's crazy.
Speaker 5: Tell anybody if your kids as a fever for an extended period of time, if it's two days, taken to the emergency room, just double check, triple check, because that one two year old I putting.
Speaker 4: The check that that actually passed away from the flu is very scary.
Speaker 3: It is a very fierce going around.
Speaker 19: Yeah, so that's all I had to say.
Speaker 10: Hope, I need you to come to New Brunswick.
Speaker 4: I'll be there from No, I'm not.
Speaker 3: Why would you want her to come to New Brunswick. Everything you just described, you.
Speaker 4: Know, my husband and my kids and all that. You know what I'm saying, My mother in law.
Speaker 10: Here, you citizen now you're married.
Speaker 4: To citizen now, but his mother not.
Speaker 2: What's wrong with you?
Speaker 4: Are you saying every day?
Speaker 3: But every day?
Speaker 2: You always say that every day?
Speaker 10: Damn kill my god, you rather d day's been great lately. I just want to say that he.
Speaker 3: Has nothing to do with nothing to do, but when the music sucks.
Speaker 2: And I just told me, what's the name of that restaurant? Okay, what's the name of what's the name of that restaurant in New Brunswick They got like the jazz band.
Speaker 4: It's a black owned restaurant.
Speaker 5: Deults is. Yes, I'm going to Deltas in the next couple week. My daughter has a dance convention out there. I always go to Deltas one of my first Sorry, salute to New Brunswick.
Speaker 10: All right, well, good morning, thank.
Speaker 6: You for.
Speaker 4: Right, no problem. Get it off your chest.
Speaker 5: Eight hundred five eight five, one oh five one if you need to hit us up now, we got the lead this with Laura coming up.
Speaker 12: Come onning y'all. Yes, we do the Oscar nomination.
Speaker 21: So we talked a bit about it yesterday, but we're gonna do a full breakdown because there's a lot of history, hopefully about to be made on that stage.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll get to that next. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, you'll talk yell cool bab.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I'm not dumbing myself down. I'm being myself.
Speaker 22: I'm the home a little bit of everything and everything brown girls looking general.
Speaker 4: I want to be like you.
Speaker 22: Take me to that's gone the latest Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Ll cool band, talk to me, la cool Bab.
Speaker 4: I want to let you know he looks you up and down to see where he could go about.
Speaker 2: Today segment called the Latest with Lauren. Hear what you have to say?
Speaker 21: Okay, I want to just check signs of stroke. You know you're up there age and you're looking.
Speaker 3: Already, but it said that already.
Speaker 21: What happens at your age. That's why you hear so much to Okay, get into the Latest? Are you okay?
Speaker 12: Thank you? All right, So let's get to the Oscars.
Speaker 21: So yesterday we talked a bit about, because it was breaking as we were on air, the fact that Sinners made Oscar nomination history. They have set the record for the most nominations in the history of the Oscars. Now, to put it in context, they beat out the record prior to which was fourteen nominations. Titanic has held this record. La La Land and All About Eve have held this record. Ryan Coogler was nominated for the Best Director and Best Screenplay.
Speaker 12: Michael B.
Speaker 21: Jordan this is his first Oscar nomination for Best Actor. He talked about his mom being one of the first people that he called and talked to when he found out the news.
Speaker 12: Miles Canton also nominated.
Speaker 21: Del Roy Lindo, who a lot of people we've been having this conversation, felt like should have gotten some Golden Globe Love was also nominated. Let's say to listen to del Ro Lindo react. He spoke to ap about when he found out the news.
Speaker 23: Because I had adopted some part of a circumspect position about this, because I did not know what would happen. It took a few beats for it to kind of sync in. As I was on the phone with my son, I saw that I had one hundred and seventy nine texts, so I knew something was. I knew something was and the totality of the excitement of my son, my gratitude hearing it from my son, With the number of texts on my phone, I was able to kind of relax and enjoy the moment.
Speaker 12: Yeah, that's fire.
Speaker 5: And Delroy Lindo was amazing actor. We've seen him in Malcolm X and Corooklyn, We've seen him in Clocker or Centers, so he's he's.
Speaker 2: Dope with his his acting was actually one of.
Speaker 3: My favorite Brother Club interviews when he was up here and then Carrie Washington zoom.
Speaker 2: Then that was one of my favorite conversations.
Speaker 21: Well, yeah, and I wanted to mention because I didn't mention what he was up for. He's up for a Best Best Supporting Actor for his performance in Ryan Coogler's Centers that we were talking about now. Also making you know, some conversation over with the Oscars is Tiana Taylor for her One Battle after Another nomination, ma'am one back. She's nominated for Best Actress in a Supporting Role, and One Battle after Another has thirteen nominations, so they're all over as well. Leonardo DiCaprio Best Actor.
Speaker 18: Now.
Speaker 21: One of the conversations that's happening is that the newcomer chas In Finneddi, who plays Tiana Taylor's daughter in One bat after Another, was not nominated.
Speaker 12: People feel like she should have been up for something as well.
Speaker 21: So there's a lot happening with the Oscars and Tianna Taylor was on her way to SNL rehearsal for SNL because she's doing SNL this Saturday here in New York City when she's found out the news and her and her mom were on the phone and she spoke to an outlet about it.
Speaker 12: Let's take a listen.
Speaker 22: I cried a few times when I first found out about to Oscar.
Speaker 4: I was like, then my mom.
Speaker 22: Was, I said, baby, you got stuff called so because I was like worried about her, trying to get her come. And then it was just I'm on the elevator on my way up here, like just praying and you know, raising God and just like really trying to process everything, like, wow, I find this out. Now I'm on an elevator on my way up to whole Saturday Night Live, Like this is really a dream country, especially in my hometown as a New York girl.
Speaker 12: Finding out I'm not gonna officer in New York while I'm on my.
Speaker 22: Way to Saturday Night Live is crazy. I don't have enough words to even explain the feeling. The one thing I know for sure is that I am beyond grateful. I am filled with so much gratitude, and I just I don't take any of this lightly or for granted, you know, like, I just feel so happy.
Speaker 3: Man drop out the clues bombs with Tianna Taylor, because she's just proof that your trajectory is your trajectory. It don't happen when people think it's gonna happen for you. It don't happen when even you think it's gonna happen for you. When God says it's gonna happen, it's gonna happen, and it's gonna happen in things that you probably wasn't even expecting. Everybody waiting for Tianna Taylor to Oh when Tianna Taylor gonna pop off in music? Pop off in music? That girl got so many gifts.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know what I'm saying, Yeah.
Speaker 3: So many gifts, and she's being rewarded for one of them right now.
Speaker 2: It's Luthera Hampton's own Ruthie Cardish.
Speaker 12: I was going there next.
Speaker 2: She was also nominated for Best Costume Design.
Speaker 21: And she's actually making history with that nomination because she is now the most nominated Black woman in Oscars history with that nomination. Yes, so shout out to Ruthie Carter for you know, all the things that she's done and Centers.
Speaker 3: Is very deserving dropping incluse mo per Centers and all those star nominations. But I'm not gonna get too excited because I'm old enough to remember when Color Purple got nominated for eleven and didn't win nothing, one none?
Speaker 7: What never nominated in eleven categories and didn't win one zero? That's the day conversation, right, we're talking about the old Color Purple writing after new one.
Speaker 2: I'm old enough to remember, Yes, nominated.
Speaker 12: We did when we started.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 21: Nothing that I don't want you I want to know. I don't want to know.
Speaker 2: I think we got her.
Speaker 21: Wait, I wanted to mention to speaking of stages in awards, I saw that Pharrell and the Clips yesterday was announced the will be performing at the Grammys.
Speaker 12: They'll be taking the stage as well. To switching over to another.
Speaker 21: Word cousin about to be I'm watching these I mean, I'll watch all of the awards, but maybe you guys will watch them too, now right, because there's a lot of us that's going to be watch I'm on my way to the gramments.
Speaker 4: For sure.
Speaker 3: Here's my thing. We stop backing like y'all don't care because we know you don't need these awards for validation.
Speaker 2: But we do like seeing our people win these awards.
Speaker 3: So don't be don't don't don't get excited when they get nominated and when they perform and when they lose.
Speaker 2: I don't care about that.
Speaker 3: It's okay to care because guess what, they're artists and they care, they're in the field.
Speaker 2: They want to be rewarded by.
Speaker 3: These institutions because these institutions give out rewards.
Speaker 2: It's like playing basketball and saying you don't want to win a championship.
Speaker 3: If you're in the game, if you're in the league, you might as well try to win. So, yes, I want to see Senners winning, win a bunch of awards. I want to see Tianna Taylor win. I want to see the Clips win. Yes, I do, okay, And that's not because we need anybody's validation, because if they're in the game, I want to see them win.
Speaker 10: Just I not?
Speaker 4: Yeah, am I not? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well that is the latest with Lauren something.
Speaker 24: No, we got when we come back, we got front, We wrap up and done.
Speaker 3: We don't know because you like thelstitute teacher at the top, a professional house playing in the middle, and your feet looks like they got Jerry.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to say that. Is that okay? Can I just say that?
Speaker 21: From the Latest with Lauren the Roads to today so you guys will see that T shirt dot com.
Speaker 2: We just.
Speaker 3: You see it right, she got three jobs morning.
Speaker 2: Everybody is the j n V. Just larryus Charlamagne the guy.
Speaker 5: We are the breakfast Club. Let's get back in some front page news. So this weekend we are supposed to be getting horrible weather, horrible storm, but football will still be in place. Sunday, three o'clock, the Patriots tack on the Broncos and at six point thirty to Rams take on the Seahawks.
Speaker 2: What's that?
Speaker 6: Me?
Speaker 8: Me?
Speaker 9: Good morning? MV jos Cha Ala Maine.
Speaker 4: How y'all doing this morning? Hangs like me me good? Thank you?
Speaker 18: All right?
Speaker 9: So we start this hour on Capitol Hill, where a fight over ice funding is now tied directly to whether the government shuts down. So the House, they've already voted on it, lawmakers pass a major package of spending bills to keep the government funded through the end of September, and included in that package is funding for Immigrations and custom Enforcement. Now, that vote passed two twenty to two O seven, with seven Democrats breaking party leadership to support the bill. Now, this was not just an ICE vote, It was part of a larger government spending package covering Homeland Security, FEMA, TSA, and other agencies. Now, most Democrats voted no, arguing ICE's enforcement tactics have gone too far and shouldn't be rewarded with more money. That includes Congresswoman Promila Jayapaul, who explained why she opposed the bill.
Speaker 25: Let's listen, this bill increases year over year funding to the Department of Homeland Security. It does not put in any necessary guardrails on the ICE and border patrol lawlessness that we've been seeing. It doesn't have anything that keeps our community safe, and it doesn't rain in this rogue agency that's been literally disregarding the rule of law for months now. It includes no accountability to stop these agents from killing people, from violating our constitutional rights. There's no assurances that the administration's even going to investigate the officers who commit acts of grave misconduct or kill people I will not be complicit in Republicans' efforts to allow these ICE and Border Patrol agents to violate the law and the constitutional rights of people across this country, including US citizens.
Speaker 2: You know what I would like to know? Mean, I mean, where's the money going?
Speaker 3: Like ICE is the highest funded US law enforcement agency, but they don't have standardized uniforms, they don't have marked vehicles. It doesn't seem like they have any advanced weaponry or technology. Like where's the money going?
Speaker 9: That is a great question. It was all packed into that big beautiful bill. The Democrats who voted yes say a shutdown would hurt disaster relief, airport security, and federal workers, while ICE would continue operating anyway. So due to that funding that I just mentioned from the big beautiful bill, and as you just said, Charlemagne, they got roughly seventy five billion dollars Sam, Yes, and.
Speaker 12: That doesn't even include the cameras.
Speaker 9: So they're they're asking for the funding which would include, they say, those those cameras to watch what ICE agents are doing right now, they're just using their cell phones and who.
Speaker 4: Knows where that's going.
Speaker 9: But now, as we just said, the House voted and so now the focus will shift to the Senate lawmakers there they must act before January thirtieth to avoid another government shutdown.
Speaker 3: So and it seems like they've moved very primitive and look very primitive to be the highest funded US law enforcements.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, for sure, for sure. So there's just you know, there's no regulations around that, and so some you know, a lot of the Democrats who voted with the Republicans of Seven Democrats are taking a lot of feat as well this morning or that vote. But we'll see what the Senate does. I think they're expected to vote next week, so we'll see, all right, And switching gears for a second, let's talk about hidden fees.
Speaker 12: So v let me ask you a question.
Speaker 9: When you book a hotel, do you want to see all the fees up front or be surprised with a bunch of extra charges when you're checking out?
Speaker 5: Now, I like to see everything upfront, and I hate booking and maybe like resort fee and this fel fee and this feed and I'd.
Speaker 4: Be like five full fun feed, Oh it is a zillion.
Speaker 5: One fees, and then it'll be with the times, I'm like nobody's going outside the pool but how are you gonna charge.
Speaker 2: Me to towels?
Speaker 4: It's crazy, but yeah, I hate it.
Speaker 2: I want to see it up.
Speaker 9: Front exactly all right, So you are like most Americans who feel the exact same way. So starting next month, New York City is banning hidden hotel fees. That means hotels can no longer advertise one price and then tackle on a mandatory resort, destination, or service fees at the checkout, and city officials say that if you don't see that that fee upfront, charging it later will be illegal. Hotels will also be required to clearly disclose things like credit card holds and deposits in advance. Those travelers aren't caught off guards when hundreds of thousands, excuse me, not even hundreds of thousands, but hundreds of dollars suddenly get tied up on their credit card. And so this timing, though it is no accident, New York is gearing up for a major tourism surge tied to the World Cup, and Mayor Mondani he is saying that those hidden fees they only drive up costs and frustrate visitors. Let's listen to what he had to say.
Speaker 26: As we prepare to celebrate the World Cup in mere months, a tournament that has already started to become defined by exorbitant costs that threaten to price people out of the world's game. This will help lower costs and dissuade any business that's operating outside of the law from cheating these kinds of customers. Those who treat their customers fairly will not be effected. But to those who have long approached business as an opportunity to mistreat those who they serve, let today be a warning. If you do not change your practices, city government will change them for you.
Speaker 9: Yeah so, and this rule is going to go beyond physically the hotels just in New York. So any booking sites that's selling rooms in New York City must now show the full real price from the start, no matter where you're booking from the bottom line. Starting next month, what you see before you pay is what you should get.
Speaker 12: No surprises.
Speaker 3: People gonna come to New York and find out what we already know. It's an expensive ast city for no reason. Now they expect hotel room going to be two thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: They expected like two three million people to come for the World Cup just for that World Cup, and they're saying that people are renting out their basements, their extra rooms, the Airbnb and things, because it was like prices are so expensive, people are looking to make a lot of money during that week because you can probably rent out your room usually let's say renting that room it's like five hundred now during that time, fifteen hundred because people want to go to that World Cup.
Speaker 3: Who the hell got a room to rent?
Speaker 6: Though?
Speaker 5: Now, I mean, if you have a house, you can rent a room in your house, or if it rent a base many house, if you do have something, y'all, y'all trusting strangers like that.
Speaker 4: People look brook they need extra dollars, so they do. Imagine it's a lot of that going on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, willing to give that a chance.
Speaker 5: And just so you know, World Cup tickets are gonna be out of this, Like I don't even know who can afford.
Speaker 2: It, and I really gonna fit.
Speaker 7: It's in New York City, it's my life state of New Jersey.
Speaker 4: Like, I don't even know how you can afford it. I'm really dope.
Speaker 2: Like tickets, I think they were saying, like fifteen thousand, it's gonna be.
Speaker 4: Some of the cheapest tickets.
Speaker 7: It's gonna be crazy to decrease the prices because when they see to day ain't selling like that might discount.
Speaker 2: I watch it on TV right exactly.
Speaker 9: All right, y'all, Well that is your front page News I Mean Me Brown, Follow me I MEI Brown TV for more stories, follow the Black Information Network, download the free iHeartRadio app or is it bi in news dot com.
Speaker 3: Thank y'all, and listen. You know today is Friday, so we do the people's donkeys. If you want to give somebody the credit they deserve for being stupid, call us right now one hundred and five five, one oh five one, and you can give somebody the biggest he all.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 5: And when we come back, we have Latasha Brown and Chaan Say Lundy, executive director and founder of Southern Black Girls.
Speaker 4: They're gonna be talking about mentorship.
Speaker 3: January is National Mentorship Month, which I did not know, but they put me on too, and I thought that it was a very great conversation because mentorship is very, very very important.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, we'll get to that next. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Everybody's d J n V Jesselarry Charlamagne the guy we are the Breakfast Club. Loan of ruses here as well.
Speaker 5: Yes, indeed, special guest in the building. Now, January is National Mentorship Month.
Speaker 3: They got a month for everything. Yes, that is right.
Speaker 2: We have Latasha Brown and Shawn C. Lundy. Did I say your name right?
Speaker 5: They'll telling me it's a chance at first because it's aelled chance e, but it's Sha.
Speaker 7: Had an accent mark, and then I had to make sure that you wasn't LaTosha.
Speaker 6: Come.
Speaker 2: I just want to make sure you ladies.
Speaker 4: Feelings good, good, real good.
Speaker 2: What's the importance of national mentorship?
Speaker 10: Started off?
Speaker 7: Okay, So mentorship just is important in general because we all need guidance and somebody to look up to.
Speaker 18: Like you said, we have a.
Speaker 7: Month for everything, but mentorship is important to me because sitting here is Latasha, who I've known since I was fourteen years old, so before there was an organization, there was anything, and before we yeah, even had the term mentor. She is someone that I found as a safe space, like when I was in high school and I grew up in the nineties, and you know that's when a lot of people were getting in trouble. Drugs were out, like a lot of things were happening within my household.
Speaker 18: She was running a girls group and we met with her every.
Speaker 7: Week and she talk to us about leadership, about empowerment, and it became.
Speaker 18: My place to go so that I didn't get in trouble.
Speaker 7: Like you know, So it just so it's always I've always seen it's something important to pay it for it, so when there's no terminology, I never called her my mentor until maybe ten years ago, I was like, oh, I guess that's what it was. But it was like somebody who was looking out for me, looking out for other girls, using her own resources to take care of us and us being a part of organizations is just making sure that we had something to do. Like it's that guidance that you're not getting necessarily at home and having somebody else to talk to, somebody that helped guide you along the way and to bounce ideas off of, because you know, we can get inside our heads, especially when you're a teenager about what you think is right and you have somebody like no, that's not right, and you know you don't listen to your mama them all the time, so that somebody's like that kind of reinforces those things that you know, maybe you should take make different decisions.
Speaker 2: What did y'all mean.
Speaker 8: We were This was in the early nineties. I was twenty four years old, an't know what I was doing.
Speaker 2: What I knew from.
Speaker 4: Selma, Alabama, Alabama.
Speaker 8: In Selma, Alabama, and it was the first I met her as really interested. When I met her, I immediately knew it was something special event. She lived in a local house and public housing community not too far from my.
Speaker 4: Where I was.
Speaker 8: And while I didn't really know all the things to do, I knew that I had something to offer and I knew she had something to offer me. And so even when I'm thinking about mentorship, like all of us, I'm hoping that not only we mentoring somebody, but somebody's mentoring us too, because I don't think that mentorship is just based on you being a young person. I think that that's one phase of it, right, But every single generation is depositing wisdom and information or should be in each other when we get to the point that we don't listen to anybody else, like the older sisters are mentoring me, right that from my relationship to move with my money to how moving with myself. And so I say that because you can't even find a you can't find a great person. I think about Oprah. She always talks about how Maya Andrew was her mentor. Right, So each of us we need somebody pouring and if there's any time that we need to build community, it's in this moment.
Speaker 3: We yeah, I'll go ask you Withaja, who is your mentor? Because you everybody's so.
Speaker 8: You know, there's a couple of sisters that have been in my life. There's one in particularly that's coming up. This is a sister named Barbara Perkins, doctor Barbara Perkins. Who is She's really like a spiritual I just like everything I can. In some ways, she's like a sister friend. In some ways she's a mentor. But she's about ten years older than I am, and she's been such a blessing in my life because sometimes you can't see yourself. You need other people to help you see you right and be able to be corrected, be corrected because oftentimes we don't think love. We think love is somebody just making you feel good.
Speaker 7: Love is actually somebody correcting you right, even if you're thinking.
Speaker 4: About your parents.
Speaker 8: But it was some sisters that might say back in the day, because you know, back in the day we were showing it all, there might be that sister say, well, baby, you might not need to go on the meeting, you know, with this skirt on, and on some level at the time I may have felt something around it, right, but I understood the wisdom. As I've gotten old, I've understood the wisdom in that. And so she's one. There's a sister down in Selling, Alabama, fire Year Roads to Ray who's an activist who actually was a mentor to me and has been and continue to be a mentoring inspiration for me.
Speaker 4: And then my family. I got some bad sisters from the South.
Speaker 8: When I think of my ninety two year old aunt who raised me, Laba so elevate and all of these sisters. Sometimes it's not just the ones that are just pouring into you directly. Sometimes it's that sister at the church that said something to you that day that shifted your life. I know that there's this woman named Barbara Pitts who is a sister who is in a twenty first century and one day we were doing this event and she.
Speaker 4: Kept saying, y'all got to work hard, smarter, now harder.
Speaker 8: It hurt my feeling so bad. I was like with ms Pits, we are working, were working. It's years later to this day, Like that's my manstra Like I get it. And so I'm hoping even the people that are listening now you need to snatch. We can't just be so selfish as it's about you pouring into just your child. You're responsible for your child, but we're responsible our community. If our community is gonna flourish, like we've got to really be able to pour into other folk. So if God gave you a measure of wisdom, whatever extra you got, that extra you got is because somebody out there needs. And so I hope that we really realized I know I am not just because I had good parents or I had my family. There's so many sisters, some of them their names will take me all day to say the names. Some of their names I don't know right, that have poured in and helped shape me. And so that's really important. That's what we try to do with Southern Black girls. It's about how we shape in this generation. Like this whole idea of black women. Black women are the ones that are.
Speaker 4: Actually helping lead. But you don't just pop up one day, do you just and you're just a black woman. There was a process.
Speaker 7: You were a girl, right and you grew up and there were women along the way that when you were out of order or when there are things that you didn't know that had to.
Speaker 4: Pour into you.
Speaker 8: And then sometimes we didn't have those, We didn't have those in our families. So its other sisters that might pull you and pour into you. So we're trying to create that on something.
Speaker 5: I just want to say thank you first, because the first thing you said when you walk in here, it was you know, I prayed for your daughter.
Speaker 2: When I did, I just want to say thank you.
Speaker 5: So many people have been coming up to me and saying they prayed for my daughter, and I just want to say thank you.
Speaker 4: A lot of time we just you know, we don't say thank you. I just want to say thank you.
Speaker 5: The lot and that love and that prayer was felt and and God put his hands over my baby girl.
Speaker 2: So I just want to say thank you.
Speaker 4: You are absolutely welcome.
Speaker 8: And we saw when she got ready to go to school, baby she was sharpd she was read.
Speaker 3: I want to go back to something you said because I thought it was so powerful man.
Speaker 2: You said that love is correction.
Speaker 4: Love is correction.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we think of we've allowed these folks to feed us this space of this this idea that love is the thing that makes you feel good, or love is the thing that supposed to align up all make you feel like like you're just cushion at the end of the day. Really, if you really think about love, love is the love is correction, it says.
Speaker 4: In the scriptures.
Speaker 8: I'm a personal faith that God corrects those that he loved. And really the people who my best friends, right, my friends, including this sister who she said that I'm her mentor she now mentors me like really, like when I am out of order, when I am in my mind, when I'm ready to go burn it down right, or even sometimes when I'm just wrong right, she actually brings She allows me to be able to see myself, imparts of myself that I can't see. And so part of my growth and development is being able to be open for people to correct me, because that's an aspect of love. And so we got to see that as the people that love you tell you the truth, the people that love you will pull you to the side to keep you from hurting yourself or hurting others. The folks that really love you ain't gonna be down with your bs, right. The folks that love you you really are the ones that are gonna help get you in alignment to the best.
Speaker 4: They want to see the best that you can be. And part of that, A key part of that is really around correction.
Speaker 21: Y'all brought up a good point of it took you some time yet to get to a certain point in your life where you were mature enough to understand at the mentorship like how to take it and how to apply it to your life, right? And I take it as like something you should go again. When you're talking to these younger girls, how do you talk them through? No, this mentorship is something that you need. You should be receptive to it because sometimes you know, if you're in fight or flight mode, you.
Speaker 8: Don't you know what's really interesting? Those the girls that I want, Those are the girls I always would like. The girl in the class that was cutting up. I like, that's my leader, right, then, that's the sister that I want, right, And so part of it is I don't know if I think that girls gonna wake up one day and say they want to mentor there are some that do that, and I want them to do that. That's not necessarily how it played out a certain kind of way. I haven't met a child that don't want to be poured into. We got this whole idea that kids don't want to be listened to, girls, boys or whatever. I've not met a kid that don't want to be poured into. We just don't want to take have the discipline and the courage to actually figure out the rhythm of it. If I come at you a certain kind of way, if I'm paying attention to you, I should know that if I come at you a certain kind of way, you ain't gonna listen to me, right, So I'm gonna feed you what you eat. If you're gonna come to me, if there's a certain that I've seen that you want attention, then there might be a way that I give you some individual attention. I pulled this system to the side that's cutting up in the classroom and be like, what's going on?
Speaker 4: Just talk to her or listen to her.
Speaker 8: And so I think sometimes we're so caught up in these structures of what they supposed to look like that we forget that these young people oftentimes when they're acting out, they're asking for help, they want.
Speaker 7: Some support, they want somebody to see them. And so I know I did.
Speaker 8: There are times that I cut up because I didn't know I didn't have no I was frustrated.
Speaker 4: I didn't know what else to do.
Speaker 8: Right, I might not have had anybody that I wanted to talk about at home. It may be something I was going to going through that I was embarrassed about. So I say that to say that, you know, I do think that young people and particularly young women, and I'm hoping I'm for the kids, even young women. Every woman should have them a mentor. I don't care if you eighty years old. You need to have somebody. Each a knowledge base, like your institutional knowledge base is person after person, so every single human being, you should be thinking about who you are mentoring, and who is mentoring you, who's pouring into you, and who are you pouring into And so I'm with the girls that oftentimes it's just really the gathering, like the gathering and building relationship, like I'm not trying to put you in my mentor box. That's why some of them programs don't work, because all they see in you is as a number you just another number in my program, right instead of I actually see you as a person, and I am using a and I'm creating a space for you to understand that if you want to be in a relationship like we can be down. And so what we've seen is hundreds of girls like if y'all come to y'all got to come to our black Girl our dream conference, like listen, it's they need it and they're actually open for it.
Speaker 4: We just in our minds we.
Speaker 2: Just saying, listen.
Speaker 4: So that's the.
Speaker 7: Girl that you were just describing, right, like the one that's cutting up in class much.
Speaker 4: Definitely her, you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: I was funny, I was, you know, just always making a mockery of everything.
Speaker 4: But I did my work and everything.
Speaker 7: So I resonate with that part of it because I'm a leader and I was told that by a lot of mentors in school and like nurses and teachers and things like that. But I want to know, is it ever do you ever have parents or moms.
Speaker 4: That are like not receptive?
Speaker 8: Which absolutely absolutely let me just say in my process, I don't know if I had. I never was in a mentoring program necessarily like that. My mother was unable to keep me. I wasn't raised by my mother. I actually was raised partly by my grandmother, my grandparents. My mother lived with us, but she had an illness and then my then I wound up staying with my aunt as well. And so I didn't have the traditional and that was something in me that, even though I always was safe, I wanted to.
Speaker 4: Leave it the Beaver family.
Speaker 2: I wanted the mama to dad, you know what I mean.
Speaker 8: And I know some of y'all don't even know what I'm talking about, but you know, right, But so so I think part of it we're going to run. Let me give one example of something that happened with southern black girls we were doing.
Speaker 2: This is almost me.
Speaker 8: So when we were we were gathering before we started, we wound up doing focus groups all over the kind all thirteen states.
Speaker 2: We work at thirteen states.
Speaker 8: And so in one of the places we were in, we were in New Orleans and there was his sister about forty years old that we were doing focus groups with the kids, with girls between the ages of like twelve and sixteen or something, and we were asking questions and one of the questions was, what is a black girl's dream.
Speaker 4: What's your dream?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 8: And so we're in this this space, were down in New Orleans, and there's his sister.
Speaker 7: In the forties. She keep jumping in, she keep jumping in. So there's ah, she just rupted the thing because it's for the kids. So I pulled it to the side. I pulled outside and said, listen, sister, you know.
Speaker 8: We we're trying to get with the kids and we're trying to get their dreams.
Speaker 4: And when you jump in, she said, I know, I know, I know.
Speaker 8: She said, I'm just so excited because I'm forty some years old and ain't nobody ever asked me my dream? And so I'm like, just think of that, right, Ain't nobody ever asked me that? And so I'm saying that because some of even the way our work, our work ain't just about the girls, y'all to be surprised, soul, I say, tell you'll be surprised that when we're having our work, you will have sixty year olds, seventy year olds.
Speaker 4: We're telling black women reclaim your girlhood.
Speaker 8: Oftentimes many of us were our girlhood was taken, whether it's through sexual assault, whether it was you had to grow up too soon because from your mommy and dad. Folks had to go to work, whether you had to defend or fight for your family, take care of the other kids. Your girlhood was taken from you, but it's still a part of you. So we're saying reclaim that. So while we're working with the girls, we're oftentimes working with we have of other activities for adults and parents, and sometimes it is it is that parent that may not want their kids.
Speaker 4: But I'm telling you, baby, they come up in the space we got them.
Speaker 8: You come up in the space we got you, right, not because because the other thing. It's not because we're trying to trick. It's because we see you too, and we've seen your little.
Speaker 7: Girl and we affirm your little girl that's in you because all of us got a sub brokenness. All of us got that that's the point in which we get broken as children.
Speaker 3: So that's all. That's all.
Speaker 7: Don't try to fish, and so our work is based on the interchildy. I tell people all the time, you can talk to somebody that's eighty five years old and they'll start talking about what happened when.
Speaker 3: They was fifteen.
Speaker 18: They're like fifteen.
Speaker 7: I'm like, dang, But you're going to live the whole like sixty years past that, you know, but that's it. And I think that one of the questions when you were asking about the parents. I think what it is sometimes is fear. It's fear and what they haven't been exposed to themselves. Like I work with young people sometimes, like taking them on trips. I started something because I.
Speaker 18: Shook me on trip.
Speaker 7: I take girls on trips, and so the most resistance I get sometimes is from parents.
Speaker 18: I'm like, you don't want your child to do this, But it's.
Speaker 7: Because they haven't been they haven't seen, they haven't been exposed, and they're afraid and I get that. But once they see, and like you said, once you experience something, then you know you want.
Speaker 18: Your child to be a part of it.
Speaker 7: But I think that a lot of times it's also just the fear and what are you gonna tell my child that I haven't yoah. And that's usually what it is because I always use the example from the movie Lean on Me.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 3: Ever, there was a.
Speaker 7: Girl I think or whatever it was, a girl she had got pregnant or whatever. Remember when they went to the house, the mom wasn't receptive by them trying to help her and everything, and she was explained to my mom, but this is going to help me, and you know, but when you look at the mom at the end, everything calmed down and everything and she was able to receive the help. But the mom had never ever experienced somebody really trying to help them, or ever exposed to somebody trying to change their life, you know.
Speaker 4: And so a lot of times the parents can be.
Speaker 7: The downfall of the kid, like you know what I mean, Like I guess because they haven't lived out their childhood.
Speaker 2: Right and.
Speaker 7: Friends had been given to them like transaction. If somebody does this for me, then what are they gonna want? So I'm afraid to receive your help because you're gonna want something from me and I can't pay it back.
Speaker 4: Or scared of the judgment or judgment or the judgment.
Speaker 18: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: I love this conversation becausehip is so important for men and women. But how do you mentor without projecting your own path onto somebody?
Speaker 4: That's an excellent point. That's an excellent point.
Speaker 7: That's why you paid the big book.
Speaker 4: That's that's a great point.
Speaker 19: You know.
Speaker 8: I think that there is on some level we be real. We all do that. So let's just say that let all of us do that on some level. But I think part of what I love the way that chrn Say and her team have been setting things up, you know, is that we create space for there to be peer to peer mentorship as well.
Speaker 4: So it can't just be top down. It's also you.
Speaker 8: Got to create these other spaces. And you talk about the ambassadors.
Speaker 7: Yeah, even with our youth ambassadors, like they're leading and we give them space. So one, we give them space to make decisions. We have what we call a participatory grant making model. We do trust based Philanthroy. These are all the terms, but what it means is we build with community. So community is giving input into the decisions that we're making. And even with our young people, they actually tell us what they want. They tell us the path. Like we don't helicopter in and say we think that young people need to see X, y Z. They tell us this is what's most important. Like for example, this past weekend, they told that I don't think we talked about mental health like this like this in the late nineties, we weren't talking.
Speaker 3: About mental health in this way.
Speaker 7: But the girls, all we were hearing was that we need more support for mental health. We need more support, so they guide that decision making. So even as a mentor, it means listening to what people are saying the needs are. Because I can't tell you to go down this path. I can might give you some these are some of the infrastructure you might need. But I'm listening to what you need how I can support it. There are some young girls who are some of our youth ambassadors. They were talking about in Mississippi that girls really.
Speaker 18: Need mental health.
Speaker 7: They have set up now they were empowered to set up their own We've supplied them with resources, a group therapy like now that they're going to be having group therapy that does applyed with therapy, so that now they've set up their own Magnolia circle.
Speaker 18: So they're going to have mental health and wellness.
Speaker 7: They saw such a need for mental health, healing and in like different practices in Mississippi.
Speaker 8: MOK speaking of mental health a highlight for us since we partnered with Megan Thee Stallion. So we did we partner with her. We've been working with her foundation for the last how many years, since since twenty twenty two, and we did a we have a what is called Black Girl Joy Challenge.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Our Black Girl Joy Challenge is where we put money directly in the hands of girls. We give them five hundred and fifty dollars and say, how can you spread joy to ten of your family members, of friends in community. And these girls are doing some amazing work and that's because we don't want them to see themselves as victims. Who want to see them as generators of solutions. So you come up with your own program what you want to do. Particularly a young lady who won award through Megan Thee Stallions, Pete and Thomas Foundation was Mila Henry. She came up with mental health boxes in major boxes that she passes out to other girls, like we've seen girls come with affirmation boxes. There are some young there are some twins from Montgomery, Alabama that started with us. They got our first Black Girl Joy Challenge in twenty twenty. They were at she nominated I think last year to be seeing the Heroes because now Alabama's even pass legislation around in the period poverty and there's so much stigma around mensteration.
Speaker 18: I probably say the word right, but there's there's so much stigma around it.
Speaker 7: But they found out that one in five girls missed school because they don't have sanitary supplies, and so they started passing things out and then we actually gave them a bigger grant so they could do more in schools. And then the states set up a fund so that this is in Alabama, they set up a fund so that schools could apply to now have those supplies in school. So they're making a difference like mighty rivers a field drip by drip John, give somebody five hundred and fifty dollars and they'd be like, I ain't got no family.
Speaker 8: Now you know, the girls are coming like and it's been game changes because part of what happens is y'all really really how things happen. It's not based on money. It's based on belief. If you're really honest, it's really based on belief. And so when you start feeding and seeing, just think about it. Think about it might be something real small, but think about the first person that's seeded into your vision, Like there's something about that that gave you an affirmation of what you could do. And so part for our work, our work is we really are we trying we building. We try to build nations. We building, we got nation buildings. Were thinking about this thing differently. If black women are gonna be on the forefront, then how are we seeding and feeding and investing in them?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 8: I got a phone call one day out of sky Blue from Oprah. Wiffrey had found out about the work, and she called and said she just wanted to know. She's like, tell me about your vision, and she said it reminded her of what she did with the sisters in South Africa. We've had the Vice president to call us about the work.
Speaker 2: It's not them, it's not It wasn't.
Speaker 4: Them, It wasn't.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I also think, and I think that there's a I'm glad you raised because it does open up another space black folks.
Speaker 4: We got to take care of black institutions. Now we just gonna have to. We're gonna have to step up in this moment.
Speaker 2: Are we not seeing it?
Speaker 4: We shouldn't be depending on no federal funding them.
Speaker 18: People don't like we know.
Speaker 4: What's going on right.
Speaker 8: We should our kids should not be subject to the benevolence of white folks. That ultimately, even a duck got enough sense to take care of his ducklings. So Ultimately, we're giving money to Loui and all those other folks.
Speaker 2: And I get it because I like the stuff.
Speaker 8: I like stuff like everybody else likes stuff, right, But we're supporting them to support their children, right, and we're not supporting our own stuff. Our institutions got to be supported by us. So we love when we get them twenty five dollars kids, those one hundred dollars hids those Yes, you can go and drop a million shark's man.
Speaker 6: But.
Speaker 2: Right right, the big bucks.
Speaker 4: That's why you're making me bu I know, do you know that's my brother.
Speaker 2: That's my brother.
Speaker 4: That's my brother, and I love his love for community.
Speaker 8: And we appreciate you because this player form is important, and so I think it's really important for us to lift up y'all.
Speaker 4: We gotta get it together. We can't be the same.
Speaker 8: If other folks are shifting, then that means we got to do a paradigm shift. And so if they're trying to build a nation that is rooted in racism, that ain't gonna be rooted in white supremacy, we can't be down with that. You got a nation, Bill, We're a nation within a nation, and part of even what black folks did just nine years after slavery. We had founded hundreds of cities, we had built schools. These are people who had formerly been enslaved. So why are we not doing that at this level? Because we are actually now directing our resources in a way that's just consumerism. And I'm not saying this as a judgment. I'm saying this as a wake up call. In this moment, I'm hoping that we understand, you know, and I ain't come on here to be political, but let me say this. I hope we understand that this moment ain't about Trump. Now all that we can sit there and think that this moment's about Trump and Republicans, loa, ain't this moment really is?
Speaker 4: In my opinion, this moment is really a hard reset for us to look at ourselves. What are we doing? Like we created Trump.
Speaker 8: Every time you actually thought that you were better than somebody else, that fed into that kind of energy. Every time you stepped over that homeless person, that fed into that energy. Every time you believe that some people deserve food and other folks didn't, you fed into that injury.
Speaker 4: We created and fed.
Speaker 8: This monster, this monster of meanness and madness in this country, right, that would do anything for attention, that would do anything to get money, that would do anything to make himself be dominant.
Speaker 4: That lives in us too, And so part of if we want to see something different, then we gonna have to be different.
Speaker 8: So in this space as we deal with our kids, like I'll here folks and they'll say something, Yeah, but these boys, now that these boys are the same thing that boys did fitty years old, right.
Speaker 4: These girls, the girls were the same amn thing that you did.
Speaker 8: The bottom line, youre talking about the girl getting praiged that half y'all you just didn't.
Speaker 4: Get caught like at the end of the day, don't add like y'all want to have it said, right.
Speaker 8: So I'm saying that because there's a particular kind of way that we judge others to make ourselves feel bigger and better.
Speaker 2: Ain't That's what's happening right now.
Speaker 4: That kind of consciousness.
Speaker 8: So I'm just hoping that with us we actually bring love and power to the space and we create. We ain't got it perfect, we ain't got it all figured out right, But what I do know is I do know that if we're coming to a process and we're trying to create even mentorship. We're calling membership. But we hear this phrase that that it takes a village.
Speaker 2: To raise a child.
Speaker 4: That's just pure truth, right. We just a village. We are another village.
Speaker 8: We provide resources, is money, message and movement building.
Speaker 2: That's what we do. We appreciate you for joining us. Tell us how they can donate one more time if they listen.
Speaker 7: You can go to Southern Blackgirls dot o rg Southern Black Girls dot org.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 5: Well, January is National Mentorship moth and thank you women for joining us. Appreciation taut this ye midterms, Yeah, bos on the ground Sha.
Speaker 4: And LaTosha.
Speaker 2: You know, let's get right to the latest with Laurie. You'll talk yllll cool back.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean not dumbing myself down. I'm being myself.
Speaker 21: I'm the homeguard that knows a little bit about everything and everything the.
Speaker 4: Little brown girls look at you, and I want to be like you.
Speaker 12: Take me do that?
Speaker 2: Take me that the latest.
Speaker 3: On the breakfast club?
Speaker 12: Coolba talk to me all right, y'all.
Speaker 21: So Nicki Minaj in that twenty million dollar mansion in l a that was potentially going to have to be sold in order to pay a judgment, a default judgment that was won by a uh A former bodyguard that alleges that Nicki's husband put some palls on him and he won. He won five hundred thousand dollars by default because of Nicki Minaj's team not adhering, not showing up in this and she's not gonna have to do it. Yesterday, this gentleman's attorney, his name is Paul Sasso, showed up the court and we got an update that we were not expecting because Nicki Minaj last minute cleared that debt. Let's take a listen to Paul. I'm sorry, let's take a listen to. You should have Paul, All right, Well, we don't have Paul. But basically, what Paul says is that they found out last minute that Nicki Minaj had satisfied the judgment. So basically, she cleared the five hundred thousand dollars that was due.
Speaker 12: I think.
Speaker 21: And the reason why I said I think, I know she cleared it because he went into court and told the judge that. But what is unclear, and I did reach out to Paul. What is unclear is whether she paid the full five hundred thousand dollars amount, or if she settled out for a larger lower amount in order to just be able to get this over with.
Speaker 5: So if the judgment was there, I don't think she could settle out. She might have been able to make payment plans, but she can't settle out once that numbers there. You can't said, okay, well let's make a cheap of price. That she had to pay that five hundred thousand dollars. Y'all crazy to think she was gonna lose her twenty million dollar mine. She said, yeah, we said this movie just when she.
Speaker 2: Was going to pay it.
Speaker 3: You know, that's that's one of those things. You do it at the last minute because you don't want to pay like nigga here. I seen somebody do that one time. And when they wrote to check out, when they put what it was for, they put blood money.
Speaker 12: Oh I remember you told that story.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 21: Yeah, you told us, well you told me, oh okay, okay. But in other news, as we move on, so Javonte Tank Davis. So there's been a We've been kind of tracking a little bit. I know I have been. I've been checking in with Miami Gardens PD almost every day. To see if they've arranged anything with him turning himself in. And yesterday there were some reports that were circulating that the US Marshalls had gotten involved in this situation because he still has not Givonte Tank Davis turned himself in, and I wanted to just clarify that reporting. I reached out just I do it daily to figure out has he turned hisself in. Miami Garden's police department couldn't tell me anything, but I did come across the source who told me that number one, the US Marshals have been involved from the beginning. We played the press conference that they had here when they announced or had in Miami when they announce the arrestaurant, and they say it in that actual press conference. And I was back on the fourteenth, but a source did tell me that Jervonte Tek Davis's attorneys are they're trying to figure out this whole thing. They're having conversations with Miami Gardens ped or they were. Up until a certain point, there was an arrangement he was supposed to turn himself in. They figured it out with the attorneys, but it didn't happen. So now they're just waiting on the attorneys to call them to give an update of when it will happen.
Speaker 2: Why do you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: US Marshals get involved when like it's ail or high priority case, Like why would this be a high priority?
Speaker 2: Is he on the run? Like does he not turn himself in and they can't find him?
Speaker 12: So what I this is, I'm gonna give you the exact quote.
Speaker 21: So I was told police are still actively looking for him and waiting for his attorney to give them a call. And on why the US Marshals are involved, it's because from what they from what police understand, Geronte T. Davis has a home in Florida, but he doesn't live there full time, and they know that he lives other places and a lot of times. So if it's state the state, US Marshals will get involved in case they have to extradite you to somewhere else. So that's why they were involved from the very beginning, because he has different properties, different places and they're not for sure where, but.
Speaker 2: They acting like he's on the run, like he's hiding.
Speaker 21: From what I understand is I mean, he was on Instagram yesterday kind of combating some of these reports.
Speaker 12: So he ain't hit in too d He's very little.
Speaker 3: I think it's just technically it makes sense because I mean he would be considered a fugitive now if he gets.
Speaker 2: A fugitive apprehension. Yes, this sounds crazy. It sounds like he's on the run and they can't find him.
Speaker 21: I mean, technically he is on the run right now. But running okay, No, yeah, Well he was on live, was he signed? He wasn't on live. He had just posted to answer story, just responding to a report. He was mad that people were reporting and having a conversation. But in other news, trade Songs issuing Kansas City cops over this like crowd incident that he had. So this incident is from a few years ago, back in twenty twenty one. He was at the Chief a Chief in chiefs in Buffalo Bill's game, and there was that video of him like fighting with or like I don't even know if you call it a fight, but it was a physical altercation of some sort trade songs and security and some people in the stands, and they had actually tried to throw some things his way. So Trey Song claims that security guards and cops showed up when this video took place, they failed to protect him from unruly, aggressive and intoxicated attendees, and instead they physically assaulted him, wrongfully arrested him, handcuffed, and detained him in jail. Trey Songs is alleging that he was charged with trespassing, resisting rests, and assaulting a police officer, all of which were dismissed after a while, and so in his lawsuit, Trey Songs are saying, because of the coverage of this, the way that it was portrayed, and the physical things he had to endure, suffered physical injuries, emotional distress, damage to his professional reputation, and financial laws as a result of the incident. So he is also claiming that they used a sensive force and wrongfully detained him and arrested him, and he is coming back for vengeance.
Speaker 7: Last time zones without a song, you guys coming up?
Speaker 12: Well, ray J is in the video. He's not really like in the song, but there is like the song.
Speaker 4: He dropped a song with a new artist that it is some girl.
Speaker 2: I saw it.
Speaker 4: I saw it.
Speaker 2: I ain't see ray J. I mean he's in the video a month ago. We're talking about I haven't heard a trade song in a long time.
Speaker 3: It's like, yeah, I don't ever hear about trade zones with music.
Speaker 4: No, it's a dope song.
Speaker 12: I thought it wasn't a bad song.
Speaker 3: Even if you you know, you got you know, all of those legal situations happening. Sometimes it can get offset by music, right because the media, the media is only going to focus on what they get. Yeah, so you got to get him something.
Speaker 4: Else, you know, the bad stuff. They're going to focus on the bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and if you don't give them anything good at all.
Speaker 4: He posted it like he posts music that he got.
Speaker 2: Just that nobody takes that up.
Speaker 18: I told you late again.
Speaker 12: I'm about to look it up.
Speaker 21: But I have an honest question for the room, right, if Trece Songs put out music, where yo?
Speaker 6: For real?
Speaker 12: If Trey Songs put out music with all.
Speaker 21: Of this stuff that has been happening in the news all these past like years since his last biggest hit, with the music really overtake all of the headlines, The music is good, hit is hit, hits take off regardless giving him their shot.
Speaker 4: Hits hits like that, like Trey song hits.
Speaker 7: Oh you said like music, Yeah, Yeah, that's all that's the hits going overshadow.
Speaker 4: The other hits.
Speaker 12: I don't know the exact day.
Speaker 4: I know it was the physical Hits.
Speaker 21: Record Yeah again featuring Feather.
Speaker 12: Yes, it was seven months ago that he put it out. You just heard it a month ago?
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, just now it's dope too, he singing, he'd be singing. Yeah, what.
Speaker 5: Jesus yell great advocates y'allo yellow horrible for being an advocate for TRED.
Speaker 12: I was just reporting the news.
Speaker 21: As we wrap up, though, we're gonna get into the Naomio Sokka conversation on the latest with Loaur on the roads of the podcast since we didn't get to do it here and have the conversation about black women in sports and apologies or not because I don't think of the name of OCCA, should apologize, should have apologized?
Speaker 12: And we're gonna talk about it in the podcast over there.
Speaker 11: Ye.
Speaker 21: Well, that's why I'm plugging and listen to the latest on the podcast. We didn't get into it here, but I'll get into it there. Yeah, maybe we can talk about a Norvers.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you?
Speaker 3: Yes, give me that donkey too, man for after the hour. You know what, the people's donkey. It's Friday, so you can call in one hundred and five five one O five one and give somebody the credit they deserve for being stupid.
Speaker 5: All right, we'll also open up the phone lines. You know, the blizzard and this horrible snow, this horrible temperature weekend is supposed to be hitting the East Coast himself.
Speaker 3: And it's Friday, so you know what that means. Freaking freakie freaky Friday.
Speaker 2: Eight hundred five eight.
Speaker 3: Five in with your bess eater, that's what we're gonna Oh my god, I.
Speaker 2: Was gonna ask, you know, have you ever got snowed in with the wrong person?
Speaker 12: That's a great question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, has that ever happened to you? We'll take your calls as well. After Donkey's breakfast. Let come morning. It's your time to nominate a donkey of your own. Remember now, that's it's how they choose. I call in now eight hundred five eighty five one O five one.
Speaker 3: Don't get to day for Friday, January twenty third. You know what, the people's donkey. We do that on Fridays. So you can call right now one one hundred five eight five one oh five to one and give somebody the biggest he holl So, good morning.
Speaker 2: Who's this from Harlem?
Speaker 10: Good morning?
Speaker 2: How are you.
Speaker 3: Brought it from Harlem? Who you want to get the biggest? He hall to?
Speaker 4: I want to give it the hunks.
Speaker 10: Who I mean by unkers? Tell you to God.
Speaker 2: Okay, ask me why why because you're stuck?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, Yeah, I'm a stunt.
Speaker 19: That's one every day I listened to this, I'm drawing.
Speaker 10: You don't get great, Tomasa just I love you. I'm a New Yorker.
Speaker 4: I rob with you.
Speaker 10: You way too much.
Speaker 19: Going to my girl Laurla Rosa like he makes me feel a little way when I'm driving, I kind.
Speaker 10: Of want to turn the left. Will you think you her?
Speaker 3: She'd be trying me, and so I'll be letting her live.
Speaker 6: But then don't be trying to do a job.
Speaker 19: And you just be like up.
Speaker 3: No, I'm sitting in him, minding my business. And she came and me called me ball headed and all kind of stuff, and looking at her from.
Speaker 16: A course the room and I'm not even seeing you.
Speaker 3: I'm not supposed to look at her. She's doing her segment.
Speaker 2: I'm not supposed to look at her when she's talking.
Speaker 10: You trying to talk for me because I'm because of my boy.
Speaker 3: No, I could just I could smell the vagina on your reaf over God, you too, I've been seeing in.
Speaker 10: The pool, don't you, my girl, Laura Rosa, I love you.
Speaker 3: I you too.
Speaker 2: He don't praise me.
Speaker 4: He just don't come at me like he come at her.
Speaker 2: He don't praise.
Speaker 10: Like a little sense. But to do up there like y'all doing y'all thing.
Speaker 2: Lord be trying.
Speaker 3: So if she's gonna try, i'ma I'm gonna get.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna.
Speaker 10: Can I see you be chilling? I'm messing with you.
Speaker 3: Can I say something to you? Where you at?
Speaker 2: Right now?
Speaker 6: You?
Speaker 3: And were you? You're in New York?
Speaker 14: Right?
Speaker 10: Man?
Speaker 13: Ye?
Speaker 3: All right? Go stock up on bat No, No, I'm just gonna say, go stock up on batteries because you know it's gonna be a snowstorm and we're.
Speaker 2: Gonna be stuffing out.
Speaker 10: My radio.
Speaker 2: I love you, appreciate. Good morning.
Speaker 3: Who you wanna get the biggest he.
Speaker 10: Had to man, I want to give it the mother nature. Okay, why because how you gonna be forty degrees one day? The nine degrees to they day?
Speaker 3: Come on, lady, listen, mother, now, mother, and that you can do what you want to do.
Speaker 10: Man, you need to chill out.
Speaker 2: I ain't betting that you're right. We had her mercy though, Man.
Speaker 10: Y'all be and we've been to have a willer storm down.
Speaker 3: Here in this Oh yeah, we're about to. I mean we were up here in New York. But it's gonna be worse for y'all just because, like you know, the southing equipped for none of that.
Speaker 20: Hey, when you ever went to the gas station and now the damn chips gone.
Speaker 4: Damn they're getting ready, man supposed to.
Speaker 10: Hey, that is about out of chips.
Speaker 6: The.
Speaker 4: Skills.
Speaker 2: You got something to roll up with though.
Speaker 20: Right, Hey, I just it's besides the boy, charl.
Speaker 3: Beside the boy, we is legal and damn near the whole country.
Speaker 2: Man, we're gonna be.
Speaker 10: Like, hey, hey.
Speaker 3: I get it. I know, I know, I know.
Speaker 2: Be safe out there this weekend.
Speaker 3: Brother always, bro, y'all have a blessing man.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, good morning?
Speaker 3: Who's this?
Speaker 10: Good morning?
Speaker 6: This is money? What was happening?
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 3: Mister show money? Who want to get the biggest herd to you?
Speaker 10: Why?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 20: You? First of all, you're gonna messed up a lot of big guests for the breakfast. But you violated my man. I don't even I can't repeat the comedy hole and also yes.
Speaker 2: You talk about jay Z.
Speaker 3: First of all, I'm a I'm a pink and Smith wintry nose Carter, Okay.
Speaker 10: Yeah, whatever fan.
Speaker 3: You you violate jay Z?
Speaker 20: I would, I would, Yes, I forget the comedy was last something said something.
Speaker 3: I gave him a pause because what he said was pause worthy.
Speaker 10: You don't pause.
Speaker 3: No, that's not no, no, no, no, no, no, mister show. He was having a conversation about not having yes men around you, so you was gonna.
Speaker 2: Sit around him, and you know you can't sit around home here something so enregious and not pause.
Speaker 3: Hove is not above you, oh jay Z, No, No, that wasgious, Davy.
Speaker 20: When you when you when you take man the whole interview whenever he doesn't interview this, this is.
Speaker 2: Why you only interviewed. Jay Z wants to like unless you Angie Martinez.
Speaker 20: Okay, About about putting your words in your mouth like the way you said it was just crazy.
Speaker 10: He didn't put words in my mouth.
Speaker 20: Yes, about the dunkey the day you gave to the lady that wanted to have money back from the fundy for the wedding and our husband died.
Speaker 10: Okay, And then you said, you know, put wards in my mouth.
Speaker 3: Yes, I don't like when people put words in my mouth, but don't say like that by your show?
Speaker 6: What are you you are.
Speaker 2: Talking about it? He's very zesty, mister show Money is very zesty. This is crazy.
Speaker 24: He can we play the jay z clip?
Speaker 10: Can hold up?
Speaker 3: Yet? No, we're not.
Speaker 10: I don't want to.
Speaker 2: Play the jay z clips? So people know why that was Paul's working. Yes, did you call my man.
Speaker 10: Yees about that about your merch?
Speaker 20: According to Direcord living in New Jersey, Now, God damn, don't.
Speaker 2: Be giving up the man number over.
Speaker 3: There's tens of millions people listen to.
Speaker 9: You.
Speaker 3: I said hold on and gave it to them off and mister show Money, yeah that's number. Now, I ain't nobody gonna be able to get through cause everybody just gonna be flooding his line, calling him for no damn reason because mister show Money decided to broadcast the number to ten million people.
Speaker 10: But I did have them. You don't all have one, ya.
Speaker 2: Ain't mister This God is crazy. I have a good day, mister show Money, all right, and we do that donkey. We do the people's donkey every Friday. Okay, one hundred and five and five one O five one.
Speaker 3: You can call up and give somebody the credit they deserve for being stupid.
Speaker 2: Okay, mister show Money just did throw him. He just everything he throwing up. Going miss Love.
Speaker 3: Home is one of my my mind entertainment inspiration.
Speaker 2: Why are you jay Z, Clarence C. P. D.
Speaker 3: Green My four entertainment inspirations. I love those brothers. Okay, but you're not over You're not You're not above a pause? Okay, because this that was crazy?
Speaker 2: All right, Hey bros.
Speaker 10: In three days, man at you ain't hitting it Hall anymore.
Speaker 26: You're not working on You're not You're not not You're not.
Speaker 2: Attacking it the same way.
Speaker 3: Bro, Like get the man. I'll come with you.
Speaker 2: No, you gotta leave, I'll come with you. I'll come with you.
Speaker 3: You gotta heard that.
Speaker 2: Yes, Jesus Christ, and that's his friend nobody.
Speaker 3: I love jay Z. I told you I got four entertainment inspirations. Okay, jay Z, Clarence, Avon P. D. Green.
Speaker 2: Okay, in Hall just glaze.
Speaker 3: And by the way, I'm publishing Our Cendor Hall's memoir will be out April seventh, okay, but you can preorder it right now. What It's called Our Sineo a memoir and it's one of the best memoirs ever read in my life. I'm not saying that because I'm publishing it be a black privilege publishing. I'm saying that because it's true. But nobody's above a pause, especially when.
Speaker 4: It's Yeah, y'all ever heard jay z s pause?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: Above it? Yeah, so how see above the pause? I don't understand what about like.
Speaker 2: Ae O was?
Speaker 4: Was that ever?
Speaker 5: That's what started from slew the whole vibe. Now, let's open up the phone line this Friday.
Speaker 3: You know what, it's freaking freaky, freaking five.
Speaker 2: Why you freaking like why do you get hand like that?
Speaker 6: You up?
Speaker 2: Why you like playing with the testing?
Speaker 6: Wow?
Speaker 3: Crazy? All right?
Speaker 2: So the question is.
Speaker 5: Five one O five one right now? This week is supposed to be a huge snowstorm. The weather's supposed to be disgusting.
Speaker 2: And some of y'all trying to get snowed in with your best either.
Speaker 3: Okay, so we're asking your best eat it should be your significant other, I would hope.
Speaker 5: So five big five, one oh five one? Have you ever been snowed in with the wrong personally? That's what I'm wrong.
Speaker 3: That's a different conversation. Is the right person with the wrong person? That's nasty work.
Speaker 5: Somebody on the chat just said that, you know, they were snowed in with somebody that had a their feet steak?
Speaker 3: What they said that? They said the militia.
Speaker 5: But that's what we're asking, eight hundred five five one what what?
Speaker 2: That's just crazy?
Speaker 5: We're opening up the phone lines eight hundred five five one on five on it's Fridays.
Speaker 2: You know what that means.
Speaker 3: Frigging friggy freaky Friday.
Speaker 2: We're asking.
Speaker 4: Of course, this weekend is going to be a huge snowstorm.
Speaker 2: Have you ever been with the person? Is the question that's with you guys?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: So I got what you got a story?
Speaker 7: I got snowed in while I was pregnant with Rome and I went through his phone.
Speaker 4: Oh damn yes, and found.
Speaker 7: Out girl, that's the word. Yeah it is because he couldn't go nowhere, you know what I mean? But yeah, I got I got snowed from room. I went through his phone, and I found out he was cheating on me with like six different girls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you couldn't leave.
Speaker 7: No, I'm beating room, asked up and down the house. It was while I was pregnant. Did not care, That's what I was.
Speaker 4: What you mean we kind of snow? We had like what you mean?
Speaker 2: What kind of all?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: So it was like a blizzard.
Speaker 7: Man, I don't know, like I guess like two ft like I couldn't go anywhere. We couldn't go anywhere. And and it's not like I drove anywhere. I was catching a bus back and forth. And I was living with him, staying with him at the time. And Yo, I was whooping rome ass person. What's your men cheating on me? He told somebody, And I was I'm like, yo, I am pregnant, while you tell this girl I'm not.
Speaker 3: Because he was trying to clap the nswer question.
Speaker 12: No, been snowed in so far with my old boot and my.
Speaker 5: New boot, So you have miss stuck with your bullding. Didn't work out right, But you look at like that you got something you want to tell us?
Speaker 21: Tell us nothing. I want to tell you, guys. I'm looking forward to the snow weekend.
Speaker 2: Okay, Charlamagne, leave alone, Let's go to the f.
Speaker 3: There's no need to even ask me an envy this because you know we've been with the.
Speaker 2: Right people for y'all.
Speaker 21: Ever had a situation in the snow where you were like like ya, because y'all got kids, like where you're like, yo, I need to get out of here.
Speaker 3: All the place.
Speaker 2: I want kids. I'm always outside with the kids in the snow.
Speaker 3: I saw somebody say on the chat. They was like, I'm gonna be snowed in with you kids. I mean, you're gonna be snowing with your kids. Those were your kids.
Speaker 7: You've got no limit, soldiers man, you don't want to be snowed in.
Speaker 2: At least you can go outside.
Speaker 3: That's like parents would be like, what you're doing this weekend? I'm babysitting.
Speaker 2: I will say this. My kids don't know when to come inside.
Speaker 26: Door.
Speaker 2: They like, let's stay outside, logain and I'm cold because I gottata outside. Come on, let's go side.
Speaker 4: They're like, no, Dad, thirty more minutes, forty five minutes, I'm freezing, but.
Speaker 3: Come inside right Oh.
Speaker 4: My god, wow, wow, the gun.
Speaker 2: This guy's crazy. Look you don't want you could you take us off bluetooth a speaker.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I just did. Good morning everybody. My name is Everything Shot.
Speaker 3: Everything, Stud Shot every I am with Stud.
Speaker 2: But we know tell us what happened with you? Who was you snow there with?
Speaker 10: So I don't know her name. I'm going back to two thousand and five. I met her off the party line. My greeting was like, I'm trying to get snowed done, you know what I mean. Living in the suburbs of phil was trying to get snowed done for the weekend, and Shuty came through. She was nice, the body then faced. Everything was right, but she was a little crazy.
Speaker 26: Yo.
Speaker 10: She locked me in my basement, like locked me in the basement.
Speaker 4: Damn yeah, locked.
Speaker 10: Me in my basement and we couldn't get out. My basement door had the type of locks like a latch on it from the outside, so in the basement I couldn't get out. And she's just roaming around my house and I literally had to call someone and wait for them to come here from Philly to come into my house to let me out my basement. I was locking me in my basement.
Speaker 2: How many times you want to tell me?
Speaker 3: She locked you in your basement?
Speaker 2: Man, did we get it? She locked you in the basement. Did you have a good time at least? Did you? Did you clap the chicks in the basement before the basement?
Speaker 3: Well, I just wanted to well listen, I just want to tell you. You know what I'm saying. I want to give you some studch survival tips this weekend. You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: You know, for real, like when you choose your boots.
Speaker 3: No, no, I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Your Paddy.
Speaker 3: I was looking about it. When you choose your boots, you know, choose something for survival, not ego. You know what I'm saying, y'allud be stylish. You know what I'm saying. Yeah, get some waterpots with some real traction just the case you need to go.
Speaker 10: Out football here. I like the whole dude. My name is everything at h all, so media you can see what I was looking like.
Speaker 3: Yes, ma'am, Yes, look like.
Speaker 10: You don't like and to be honest and killing me And I'm in a bitch person one hundred and thirty.
Speaker 12: When you said everything, you said everything say.
Speaker 10: Everything us Hi Instagram, Facebook, Everything is everything that HI is acting for so hacky about my picktocket missed.
Speaker 6: Everything's crazy?
Speaker 12: But why we lost trainer, entertainer and fashion.
Speaker 2: You can shovel her on snow, said to clean up?
Speaker 6: Tell us?
Speaker 4: You ain't tell us why the girl likes you in the what's the strap?
Speaker 2: Dirty?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 6: Jesus?
Speaker 4: Why come on like.
Speaker 3: Thirty?
Speaker 10: You never reason? We never got that for us. Here's the thing I'm I'm on social media. I'm well known in the fire.
Speaker 6: I'm well known.
Speaker 12: Right here's underscore in your Instagram name.
Speaker 3: I'm looking at you right now. I missed everything you horrible survival.
Speaker 10: Some video that millions. I've been doing this over the year. They see me and they they think they can get something from me.
Speaker 4: I got so short you in the basement?
Speaker 2: Did she rob you?
Speaker 4: Was anything missing? What's up?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 10: She was just all around my house chilling as if it was her.
Speaker 20: And I'm blaming on the door like yo, let me out, like yo, I'm moving around the house over my head and everything.
Speaker 3: Why you ain't knocked your door down?
Speaker 2: Miss bench one thirty?
Speaker 10: No, No, no, that wasn't. I couldn't let the stealing. It's the still door.
Speaker 4: I'm not that strong and everything you got a steal door.
Speaker 3: What the hell you.
Speaker 11: Man?
Speaker 2: You do look like Charlaman.
Speaker 4: That's let me see, let me see.
Speaker 2: That's you don't look like me?
Speaker 3: You wow.
Speaker 2: Crazy everything underscore you listen to.
Speaker 10: You when you was around the corner or dominant plane plane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was one hundred point three to beat out there. I love Philly man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I appreciate you everything the day too or that, No, we did that already, but we appreciate you.
Speaker 2: I just I just show you.
Speaker 10: Stay safe and your weekends.
Speaker 4: I just show you.
Speaker 5: I just showed Charlamagne you in the bikini that you got on your on your yo out of like chass in the basement.
Speaker 16: Found me in a red wig.
Speaker 10: I was little beautiful. I'm gorgeous as you are.
Speaker 3: You are beautiful.
Speaker 2: You're a beautiful stud. Yeah, you're going in the basement. Jesus, I didn't want to start. I don't know what that pronoun was, she said as a woman.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know. You study, Okay, eight hundred five, ain'ty five on the five? Sorry took some moment.
Speaker 3: I don't know either rebirth or cool. I was thinking the same thing. Why she eating out a pot on Instagram?
Speaker 4: But I ain't crazy, because man, that's basement.
Speaker 3: Behavior that I love studs man, all the stud Me and dreuc are gonna have to fight to see who loves studs.
Speaker 2: Boy, No, that in love.
Speaker 10: Hello, this is d from Miami.
Speaker 5: But I lived you ever been snowed in with the wrong person?
Speaker 4: So not snowed in.
Speaker 19: But we had a hurricane like maybe tennis years ago, and my boyfriend at the time and his roommate had never been through a hurricane.
Speaker 10: They're like, oh, we'll have a hurricane party you come through. I'm like, okay, cool. So I was in my boyfriend.
Speaker 25: The dude the roommate was I think he met her the day before.
Speaker 19: They were hooking up, and they were having the loudest animal sex with the dogs barking and everything in their bedroom and we had no electricity so you could hear everything.
Speaker 10: So they didn't sound like they knew what they were doing.
Speaker 2: Such pressure for your boyfriend, man, I know, right, wow.
Speaker 19: No, not now my boyfriend. They did not know what they were doing.
Speaker 2: But that's what I mean.
Speaker 3: Such pressure for your boyfriend because in his mind he probably thinking like, damn, I ain't making my short. He make that type of noise you know, ain't no dog walking for me.
Speaker 4: So I just went five minutes and they still going three hours later.
Speaker 12: He said, no doing because it is.
Speaker 25: Not at the time and not at that time.
Speaker 19: But you know, later when we were alone, you know, we got into it.
Speaker 10: But you know we're respectable people, got you.
Speaker 27: I'm not having you know, no.
Speaker 16: Electricity, you know, loud set when other people get it in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, should have turned it into a competition. Who can be louder?
Speaker 2: Come back?
Speaker 10: I will absolutely outperform them.
Speaker 3: It's okay, that's right outperforming I don't want but you know what I have to think.
Speaker 2: I don't want it to be performative.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, Like, if it ain't real, don't be just yelling and screaming for no damn reasons.
Speaker 2: Why Hello, who's this?
Speaker 6: Mommy?
Speaker 3: You sound like any be telling that girl help earlier. You can't be saying certain words. Certain words are mean distressed help mommy.
Speaker 2: Okay, so tell us you've been stoning it with the wrong person, mommy.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and well in New York. I lived in New York.
Speaker 19: I never got snow strong with the right with the wrong person, although it's planet with who I wanted to get blacking with.
Speaker 10: So that was good.
Speaker 19: But now living Florida and I got hurricane and with someone and they were complete opposite of who I thought it were. So we were talking for a little while, like guys over felt good, like clean cut.
Speaker 10: Everything got snow throwing him.
Speaker 19: We got a hurricane in for three days. He didn't shower, not one day. The water, the water, yeah, he thinks so bad. There was no food, do you supos it's gonna be a hurricane. I broke him stuff in but he's by nothing.
Speaker 10: So I'm like we started.
Speaker 19: He was not in a no flocks on. So the water came up like really close to the house. It was hard for me to leave, but luckily because I was like, just in case, I have parts like a mile away in the medium. So as soon as the water recited just a little bit, I mean it was still on my knees, I literally waited for him to go do something, get entertained. I opened the door quiet because I didn't want him to try to stop me. And I walked in that water for about a mile.
Speaker 2: So I got to my car, wait in the wall. Why couldn't you just tell him to go take a shower? Especially for dinner. Want you to wash up? You told me?
Speaker 19: He was like I told I mean I saw him people. I was just and ie. So I told him like nicely, like okay, you're really And I was showering, and I was holding that that would inspire him to go shower.
Speaker 3: N y'all gotta be y'all got to just be hole. Sometimes people be smiling themselves. Man, you think, could you please take a shower? You ain't watching a couple of days. You're starting to stink that that will shame him and make him go take a shower.
Speaker 19: Yep, Listen. He felt so bad. And then I was like, so you want to know you're ready for a show, have a shower, liter And I'm like, what's going on? I go showering. Oh that's so good.
Speaker 10: I sound like a new person.
Speaker 19: But because it was just Himini and again we're just talking. I haven't seen him mad or anything. I don't know what can go off, and he was just him and I I don't want to put myself in the dangerous.
Speaker 2: So you swam all the way to your car.
Speaker 4: You swam all.
Speaker 10: I was like, I don't care because.
Speaker 19: I knew my car's gonna be sick because I part they're in the medium, so even if they would have had real hard to not so I'm like.
Speaker 10: Not, it doesn't matter. Literally, the was on my like the level of my knee.
Speaker 3: What you gotta talk streat to people, especially when you snow you stuck with them. But I'm sure you probably wanted sexual fad with and all, like you gotta be honest with people, be straight with me.
Speaker 4: And now and it was crazy is now his stinky ass is one of her bodies. Damn, that's crazy.
Speaker 12: No, he's stunk. She can just it didn't count.
Speaker 3: More of the story is you shouldn't be getting uh you know, snowed in or stuck with the wrong person anyway, because you shouldn't be wasting your time or energy with the wrong people.
Speaker 4: But sometimes you don't know.
Speaker 21: Well, she could have knew he's stunk, but like some character traits, you need to be with a person long enough to see him.
Speaker 3: Y'all should have known that already.
Speaker 4: Yeah at that, I don't know. I got snowed in with my sugar daddy before.
Speaker 7: And what was so good was like he didn't he didn't nothing worked below his belt, so I didn't have to really do anything thing. But I didn't plan to get stuck get stuck over there. I planned I went over there to get some bread and it was already snowing.
Speaker 4: He was like I cooked. I'm like, alright, I'm gonna sit here and eat for this bread, you know.
Speaker 7: And because that was a break from my car, and helped me put the down on and so I ended up having to stay the night over there. But he didn't he didn't need anything, you know what I mean, because he didn't work below.
Speaker 12: But sometimes people end up in there on accident, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're walking around neaked all weekend though, absolutely.
Speaker 3: You didn't want to see.
Speaker 2: When we come back, we got past the aucs, knowledge will be joining us. They don't go anywhere. It's to the breakfast club.
Speaker 6: Good morning, DJYS.
Speaker 3: Shortified Vibe, Young Eric Andreke.
Speaker 18: Crazy playing yourself.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what York were you going? Yeah, yes, but we got we got something good this week.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 27: Well, I'm sorry off because I know it's freaky Friday. So I want to do a little palate plans with some gospel. This record is called On and On by Madison Ryan Ward. I don't know why I've really been drawn to these type of songs. But it's the vocals, it's the vocals and it's the message. But it's by Madison ryan Ward featuring James Poysers.
Speaker 12: What's her name, Madison ryan.
Speaker 4: Ward the vocals right.
Speaker 2: Record.
Speaker 12: Yes, the lapped a lot with Lacre as well, but.
Speaker 2: I know she's an amazing vocal, said Madison cod.
Speaker 27: Madison ryan Ward. But all right, next we're gonna turn up and then we're gonna get into some record. So next we got this Denzel Curry. You saw that Denzel Curry formed the rap group with Tia Kurrince except for got.
Speaker 4: And see that the Ruler.
Speaker 27: What okay, Well they formed a rap group it's called the Psych and they dropped and they they're dropping out a project March sixth, one month after the fall off, but they dropped their first record call Lift.
Speaker 12: I'm just saying this one month after the fall off, the six I love.
Speaker 2: I love it. Yeah, I love this O'Curry get busy.
Speaker 3: He's very underrated.
Speaker 4: Yeah I think so too.
Speaker 27: I just think he's in his own lane, like they're following his niche. But I think that's what's cool about the group. Because I think Ferds following his niche, I think be k Rules following his niche to your krin So them coming together, I think that's really gonna be a moment and it's good for for the moral hip hop.
Speaker 12: But all right, next we got this new.
Speaker 27: Baby record called Pop that he's been teasing it for a while, finally out.
Speaker 6: I love the baby.
Speaker 3: That was tough. That's a tough to get everybody dancing again. Man ran a little bit on people.
Speaker 27: You know what I mean what I'm talking about Man back record, and you want to take it back to that.
Speaker 2: A little bit, like a little bit somebody jeans meaning you.
Speaker 12: It was very much about it before.
Speaker 3: You haven't you a man?
Speaker 2: You got the same tool I got, I got two more.
Speaker 12: I got two more.
Speaker 27: So his next one is Don Cannon and Wiley James free Style, always get busy and I feel.
Speaker 3: Like everything is a lot. It kind of came and went, and I don't like that. You think the album a little bit.
Speaker 2: I'm going a little bit. You might talk about it again. I haven't seen any singles.
Speaker 12: No that Leon Thomas record Kissing and Clubs.
Speaker 6: I don't want that, Telly.
Speaker 27: That one's still going radio I hope so well, it's on radio at the other station.
Speaker 12: I don't know about this one.
Speaker 3: Listen watching us watching sim Sema. You should program watching because we got to keep these dope projects going. We can't just allow these dope projects to just well, yeah, come and go.
Speaker 27: Wait, wait the last one. And if you can't play, it's cool. But wiz Kid and a drop a project, you.
Speaker 14: Know, let me hear it.
Speaker 12: Okay.
Speaker 4: I love everything with kids, so that's always going to get me in the vibe.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: Sit the record is actually in a rotation.
Speaker 3: That's dope. See Simon is on it. I'm Thoms is already rotation tough.
Speaker 12: I'm out of that is on the album.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 27: Linux dropped today as well, but I need to sit and listen to it because I wasn't sure. But if y'all like what y'all heard, make sure you guys follow me online at Nilosamo with the Wye not I and then also make sure you guys are R s v P. I'm doing the j Cole album listening party for the fall off at the Brooklyn Public Life Ibery, so it's gonna be really do. That's the same place to have book a whole. We've got some like installations planned. But I just J Cole, you just doing as a it's just a family's.
Speaker 3: J Cole said, you don't read that much.
Speaker 2: One time, I don't like the library, and I'm that much rapidly. Got to go right, all right when you come back. We got the People's choice make throw back on a Friday. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Good morning, everybody, Envy Just Hilarry Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club again. Uh this weekend, we're expecting a storm on Sunday. They're saying that we could get up to twenty inches of snow. So you clear twenty inches of snow, so just be careful, make sure you get all your food that you need because it might get nasty. We might lose power and all those other things. And just make sure you got extra blanket, you got candles and those types of things like that, and and it's safe out.
Speaker 3: I also want to say, man, I'm watching so many people, you know, push back events for the weekend on the East Coast. I think the people that aren't pushing in back of events are very selfish and response, you know what I mean. Like there's nothing going on this weekend that's so important that you know you're gonna put people in danger to a team. You know, so stop thinking about yourself for a second and think about, you know, all the people that you could be putting in harm's way by having them out in this weather. Because it is a predictable right, Like it's saying that it might start on midnight on Saturday Day, but you don't know, start at nine o'clock.
Speaker 5: She cancel everything everything Saturday, Saturday evening Sunday.
Speaker 2: You should cancel it.
Speaker 5: You also got to remember that people got to travel, so yeah, it's an event Saturday, I still might have to drive an hour, two hours. People on the road, So things should be canceled like my kids, my son's soccer, my my.
Speaker 2: Daughter's cheerleading tournaments.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, basketball, my shows that I had and mover to Alabamaham Carolina this weekend because of you should cancel do the right thing care because.
Speaker 3: And something like some people got things for the weekend, but they're canceling one day of it, Like no cancel just what's the whole thing back?
Speaker 2: Like, come on, man, make some executive decisions. Man be smart out here. No, you can't cancel the NFL. We still watching that.
Speaker 3: But watch the snow and hitting nothing in places I don't think snowing hitting Colorado, Seattle.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah. The salute to Natasha Brown and Chauncey Lundi, the executive directors of Founder of Southern Black Girls.
Speaker 4: They have a mentorship where they mentor young black women.
Speaker 2: Young black girls as well.
Speaker 4: So sup to them for what they're doing.
Speaker 5: I'm actually gonna try to get them to the family re union thing we're doing, talk to some of the young girls and actually bring some of the young girls in there to enjoy the festivities.
Speaker 3: At that most Yeah, I mean this month was January, it was National Mentorship, Yes, and so I just thought that was a great conversation because mentorship is very important, very important. And one thing that I love that Latasha, you know, Brown said is that correction is love. I truly, I truly believe that. You know what I'm saying. You don't love somebody if you're not willing to, you know, correct them on something they're doing wrong.
Speaker 4: That's right, All right, Well you got a positive note, shut up.
Speaker 9: I do.
Speaker 3: This is for everybody who sadly may be stuck in the snow alone this weekend. You know what I mean. You may not have a significant other, you may not have a family. You might just find yourself by yourself.
Speaker 2: It's cool.
Speaker 3: Uh, just remember doctor Wayne W. Dyer once said, you cannot be lonely if you like the person you're alone with. Have a great breakfast club, Bitches, you don't finish or y'all done?
Speaker 6: Woke up?
Speaker 1: Wake you up, Wake up, wake that up. Program your alarm. The Power one oh five point one on iHeartRadio.