Speaker 1: Wow, Hey everybody, It's Monday, September twenty third, twenty twenty four. Welcome to the NFL Fantasy Football Show. We want to just unplug the season and plug it back in again. It's me your man, nam G Marcus Grant, joined by Michael Florida and Lakwan Jones.
Speaker 2: All right, man, I'm gonna give you the space.
Speaker 1: You're rocking the Colors today. Your team came from behind and beat my team. They absolutely earned the win. My team deserved every little bit of that loss. The forty nine ers gagging one up. So yeah, talk to your talk man, because you know the Rams earned it yesterday.
Speaker 3: I know I said we did a truce, but in my best Dave Chappelle voice, psych no way Ram for the w baby at the crib and I'm so mad I didn't go to that game to see those moments.
Speaker 4: Man, But I'm gonna let you live.
Speaker 5: MG.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna let you live.
Speaker 1: Well, based on the videos, you'd have been the only one wearing blue and yellow there.
Speaker 4: Forty nine jerseys are just cheaper, that's sure.
Speaker 2: Sure it was truly Levi's out there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the rams last fourteen point win, comes from behind win was against Washington when Shanahan and McVeigh were both on that staff.
Speaker 1: Logan look at that time is a flat circle the whole deal. All Right, we gotta let to get into on the show, we'll have our biggest takeaways from week three, plus some guys that we're breaking up with. It's been three weeks, uh, and you know the trends are trending. We'll figure out guys that we might have to say goodbye to. Plus we'll give you some Waiver Wire love as well. But as we always do about this time, let's start with some fantasy headlines and a couple of big ones. I mean, there have been injuries all throughout uh the NFL, But on Sunday we saw DeVante Smith leave the Eagles win over New Orleans with a concussion. Took a really big hit in that game. Dallas Goddard had a huge day. But yeah, we'll see what the status is going to be for Smith going into this week. You know, AJ Brown still dealing with an issue like he may not play next week.
Speaker 2: We will see about that as well.
Speaker 1: So, I mean, Florida, if we go into this and there's no Aj Brown and there's no DeVonta Smith, what are we doing with Jalen Hurts, Because even with those guys, it hasn't looked great for Hurts this season.
Speaker 6: No, well, the first two games haven't looked great, but at least we got like solid fantasy production out of him. My hope is that maybe aj Brown could come back for this but even if he doesn't, you'd have to have another really good option I think to get away from Jalen Hurts. Quarterback is a little bit thinner than we had maybe hoped it would be coming into the season. Guys like Justin Herbert Kirk Cousins just aren't really usable right now in fantasy. So it would depend on your other option. But because of what he can give with his legs still, because he stills like Dallas Goddard Saquon there and I still think he would probably be a QB one and start like I have him the league, I would be starting him. My bench quarterbacks aren't anything to write home about, but it very much sow as it depends on your options type of scenario.
Speaker 2: I mean, right now, he is the QB six.
Speaker 1: We still have a two Monday night games left to be played, and two of the three Lakwan have just been kind of He hit sixteen but just under sixteen and a half in Week one, under eleven points in Week two he had or and we three I should say, had the good Week two game with twenty four Fantasy points, but lak.
Speaker 2: When we go back to late.
Speaker 1: Last year where the Eagles often sort of struggled, well, what do we make of Jalen Hurts?
Speaker 2: I mean, is this who he is?
Speaker 1: Is it going to be kind of rocky from week to week or can we expect better?
Speaker 3: It's gonna be rocky as long as this Eagles offense has injuries. You know, aj Brown is a huge piece to that offense, So not having him and then possibly having concussed Devonte Smith possibly missing a game next week against the Bucks, it's it's gonna.
Speaker 4: Be hard for Jalen Hurst to be the Jailer Hurts.
Speaker 3: That we known and love, you know, be able to get out of that pocket, roll out and extend to play with his legs, of course, but it's more so we're seeing Jalen Hurts struggle going out of the pocket, extending the plays and a lot of these interceptions are just unacceptable. So when you're taking away pieces, core pieces from this Philadelphia Eagles offense. I start to look at Jalen Hurts as a fantasy asset to where it's like I might have to bench you, dude, I might have to bench you when your team is fully healthy. Just having Saquon Barkley, unless he's catching twenty balls, doesn't really help Jalen Hurts well.
Speaker 1: And I think Floria you tweeted earlier in this season that Jalen Hurts looks slower than we have seen in the past.
Speaker 6: He then ran forty yards after shortly after.
Speaker 2: So congratulations on being a motivator. That's what you did. Just motivated it right there.
Speaker 1: Speaking of quarterbacks and their feet, Justin Herbert started the game for the Chargers against Pittsburgh on Sunday, did not finish the game.
Speaker 2: He left the.
Speaker 1: Stadium in a walking boot. I mean, lakwan, look, the passing game in Los Angeles, almost at San Diego, the passing game for the Chargers is not been great. We sort of expected that, I guess, with Greg Roman and Jim Harbaugh at the controls. But now if there's no Justin Herbert, can we start any Chargers? And I include JK. Dobbins in that, because if there's no Justin Herbert. If I'm a defense, I just scheme to take away the run game and force the Chargers to beat me through the air.
Speaker 4: I think you still start JK. Dobbins.
Speaker 3: This research is in by accident, the news ball, and he's efficient. You could stack the box all you want. He's one of those guys that can get through those tackles. So I'm definitely thinking about the other options the pass catchers, and I'm not quite sure like Quentin Johnson QJ. He's going out there bawling out right now, but two of his touchdowns are on blown coverages. So I'm not really sold one hundred percent. And if you take Justin Herbert out of that equation, I'm not too sure what this passing game is going to look like. It's already low volume, it's already a little bit boring through the air, but you're taking out the captain of this offense and Justin Herbert, So I'm not quite sure if I can depend on aladd mcconfey. I'm not quite sure if I could depend on the Josh bom or where he's at. And you know in QJ, so it's looking at you know, the rest of the pass catchers that I'll probably sit and look for other options and pivot to other positions at the flex position because none of these guys are your wide receiver one or two. So JK Domins seems like the safest bet if you're gonna be looking at these Chargers players in your starting lineups.
Speaker 2: I mean real quick Florida, Quentin Johnston, Real, and Mirage.
Speaker 6: I think he's real. I was saying he was real last week. I was a believer of his both coming into the NFL draft, and I kept saying all summer not to write him off. But what I think he's real is one, he is massive, so he's a good run blocker, so that keeps him on the field a whole bunch. Plus he is their go to guy in the red zone, like so that alone. Also, like if Justin Herbert sits next week, yeah, I think you get away from QJ. Even if he plays, you might want to get away from him because the chief secondary is still really tough and who knows how Herbert will look. But yeah, if I picked up Quentin Johnson in a number of leagues last week, and I'm feeling good about it, there's not many players that will hate off the waiver wire with they chance to be their team's wide receiver one and top target, and he clearly has that opportunity so far.
Speaker 1: The passing game is Quinton Johnston Lad McConkey. They both have ten catches, Johnston a few extra yards and a couple more touchdowns. But it's gonna be low volume pretty much all year long. All right, Let's take a look at some of the week's top scorers heading into Monday night. Dak Prescott three hundred and seventy nine passing yards, a couple of passing touchdowns, also ran for a score nearly thirty points for him. Sakuon Barkley continuing to give John Merra insomnia one hundred and forty seven rushing yards, a pair of rushing touchdowns, also four catches for nine yards thirty three point six points in there.
Speaker 2: Juwan Jennings, I say he's gonna be a sleeper.
Speaker 1: I didn't think he's gonna give you forty six and a half points though he looked like. Jerry Rice and Randy Moss all rolled into one eleven for a bucks seventy five and three touchdowns. Dallas Goddard had a day ten for a Bucks seventy that was twenty seven points. Will Lutts four field goals, a couple of pats that was good for fourteen. And the Packers defense. I liked them as a sleeper this week. Eight sacks, three takeaways, a touchdown. Will Levis keeping fantasy defenses in business. But let's look at some of our other fantasy heroes, guys who may not have made this list this week.
Speaker 2: And for you, lakwanra sip a little Charbonna huh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a little Sharbonne.
Speaker 3: Zach Charbonne Man is definitely a fantasy hero for me man because he is one of the two handcuffs that all summer we were saying to go grab and they're actually performing at a high level. Jordan Mason being the other guy, look at me giving love to the NFC West way, you know it happens sometimes. But Zach Sharbonnay is running like this should be his backfield. You know, ken Walker, I think there is no rush for them to get him back because these bye weeks are going to start coming early, and you want to take players like ken Walker and kind of let him rehab to fully come back. But Zach Sharbonnay, he's got the keys man. He is running hard, he's running great, and a lot of fantasy managers are happy that they were able to get him in those later rounds basically for free.
Speaker 1: No one of my fantas lineup says you should rush Kin Walker back like please yea healthy road to.
Speaker 2: Go, Florio, your hero is a guy that you have been looking.
Speaker 1: You're not the only one, but you have been very big on this guy pretty much from the beginning.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Melik Neighbors continues to be my guy. And look, there was so many big names that were playing after the early slate of games yesterday, it was so nice in a couple of spots to be able to just sit back and be like, I don't even got a sweat. Melik Neighbors has me covered. And two weeks ago or last week, I should say, it was like, okay, yeah, he had this monster game, but it came in the best possible matchup a wide receiver could have. This was a big test now going up against the Cleveland Browns, and he came through once again. You see there over twenty eight fantasy points, youngest wide receiver in NFL history with a two touchdown game. First player in NFL history with over twenty catches and three touchdowns in his first three career games. I know people coming into the year were like, quarterback play might hurt quarterback proof matchups. I hurt matchup proof. He is one of the elite wide receivers in the league. I am already willing to say he is the best wide receiver that plays in New York right now. There's not a whole lot of wide receivers. I'd rather have the rest of the way than Malik Namors.
Speaker 1: Wow, all respect, I'm not Garrett Wilson. He's pulling the Justin Jefferson.
Speaker 2: What is it about.
Speaker 1: LSU guys trying to upstage Garrett Wilson have no idea? Justin Jefferson.
Speaker 2: It's the beef? What is the beef? Indeed, Sam Donald?
Speaker 1: Because we all would have predicted that, you know, through nearly the end of week three that Sam Donald was going to be the QB two overall, just slightly behind Lamar Jackson. But that is where we are. And Kevin O'Connell has this offense humming. This Vikings team looks like they are going to be a problem all year long. Donald the four passing touchdown to see that the twenty three zero point twenty four fantasy points. And look, he's doing it pretty much with just Justin Jefferson. I mean, he's getting Jalen Naylor, but they didn't have Jordan Addison in week three. They still aren't gonna have TJ. Howkinson for a while. But he's making things happen. He's getting Aaron Jones involved in the passing game, which you'll love to see.
Speaker 2: So right now.
Speaker 1: Donald has become one of those guys that has gone from kind of a punchline to a guy like, hey, maybe we should maybe we should check him out. Next week they're on the road at Green Bay. I still think he can be successful there. Now, we'll see because they got the Jets coming up in week five. But right now, there's no reason that Sam Donald shouldn't be rostered everywhere. Right now at NFL dot Com, res rostered in just fifteen percent of leagues. I suspect that is going to change dramatically by the time we get to Wednesday morning, because Sam Donald needs to be in lineups as long as the Vikings offense is going this hot, So we should.
Speaker 6: Put those c in the same convos with like McVay and Shanahan.
Speaker 1: I think that's we might have to I mean, it might start happening as long as they keep winning and keep being successful offensively.
Speaker 2: Let's get to some of our other.
Speaker 1: Big takeaways though from week three three and uh Lakwan, I don't know Raider fans ear muffs man, because it was not a good day for you, But for the folks who decided to keep pounding down there, Charlotte, it seemed pretty good.
Speaker 3: I am back in on the Panthers offense, Ladies and gentlemen like I can't believe I'm going to be spinning the block to go get a Chewba Hubber.
Speaker 4: I can't believe that right now.
Speaker 3: Deontay Johnson's rossed in less than seventy percent of leaks, like Andy Dalton came in, showed up, showed out, and put up three hundred yards in three touchdowns. The red rifle went in on the Raiders defense, and listen, I'm honestly super excited for Jonathan Brooks to be coming back to a structured, well productive offense where we can see some type of light out of this run game. I really feels though, Chuba Hubert Man. He showed up and showed out with his opportunities as well, putting over one hundred yards.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 3: He looked really good this week, and I think, you know, we need to be running to the waiver wire Man to go get a Chuba Hubber if our running backs are going to keep getting banged up, because I want a guy that's going to be able to take the opportunity, because this isn't something for from Cuba.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: He's been able to have one hundred yard games. He has four of them in the last three seasons. So it's looking like Tuba Harbert has the keys right now to Jonathan Brooks comes back. But this is a healthy Panthers offense that I think has a lot more in store for us coming next week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm very curious to see how much of this was, you know, Andy Dalton taking over and making that offense look functional. How much of it was the Raiders sort of raidering a little bit. We'll find out. They got the Bengals, the Bears, the Falcons coming up in the next three weeks. But it's worth taking a shot on those guys just because of what we saw yesterday Florida.
Speaker 2: What was a thing that you learned from Week three.
Speaker 6: Yeah, as a Deontay Johnson huge supporter, I loved what I saw yesterday there. I also was a huge supporter of Anthony Richardson coming into this year. I'm starting to worry about him a little bit. In his first three full NFL games he was averaging twenty six Fantasy points per game, and his last two full NFL games combined he does not have fifteen Fantasy points. And the thing turnovers six interceptions on the year, five in his last two games. And if you watched the game yesterday and I was locked in very closely on this game, there could have been a one. It's the way the turnovers are coming. They are like Will Levis s some of them. But two, there was a couple of near interceptions that he got away with that could have made this day look even worse. So that has me concerned. They get the Steelers this week. I look, I'm not telling you to drop him or anything like that. In fact, I think you should try to buy low right now. But a little peak behind the curtain for Week four, I have him as a sit against the Steelers.
Speaker 1: It's not a good situation and part of it is that he's not scrambling like when he's getting yards, there's a lot of undesigned runs. He's not doing it as much as a scrambler. We talked about Sam Darnold and the Vikings offense. I'm gonna tell you about the Vikings defense and maybe don't start guys against.
Speaker 2: Them right now.
Speaker 1: It has not looked good for anybody going up against Brian Flores's defense.
Speaker 2: They shut down the Houston Texans yesterday. They had CJ.
Speaker 1: Stroud just kind of locked up. It was not a great day for a lot of the Texans receivers. The week before that it was the forty nine ers. Brock Perty going over afterwards is just like telling Brian floor Is your scheme is a nightmare. I just you know, in the highest compliment possible, it has been just a disaster for any offense going against the Minnesota Vikings. So look, you may have some studs that you're just not going to get away from, but after three weeks, it is fair to say that this Vikings offense or defense rather is going to be a problem for any opposing offenses. And if you've got guys going against Minnesota in any week in fantasy at best, lower your expectations if any If you have any other options, possibly get away from them, because right now we always find off defens is to pick on. We got to find ones to get away from, and right now that looks very much like the Minnesota Vikings. So got plenty more to do here on the show, We'll get you some waiver wire guys plus some folks that you know what it's over that's coming up next on the NFL Fantasy Football Show.
Speaker 2: Let's take a look at this week's waiver wire options. Florida. Who should we be looking at this week?
Speaker 6: Gino Smith in a good matchup this week against the Lions. Aaron Rodgers is starting to look like Aaron Rodgers again. And then we talked a lot about Sam Darnold. Brayln Allen. We told you to pick up last week. Do not make the same mistake of leaving him out there this week. Emmanuel Wilson is getting more and more work there for the Packers. Justice Hill continues to get all passing down duty. And then Rosehawn Johnson looked good and was playing a whole lot more than anticipated this week. And then some pass catchers, Quentin Johnson if he was still left on your waiver wire, change that now. Juwan Jennings obviously needs to be added after what he just did. Alan Wizard and Wandel Robinson some wide receiver twos for the New York teams. Jalen Naylor just scores a touchdown every week, it seems to Mario Douglas very sneaky next week against the forty nine ers, and then Tyler Conklin and Cole Comet are coming off of big games and look tight end as such a wasteland right now that you could do a whole lot worse than one of those two.
Speaker 2: Out about it.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about Jawan Jennings though, real quick. I mean, look, Lakwan, it was obviously a huge day for him. Uh in the losses for the forty nine ers. I'm four touchdowns or three touchdowns. You know, we can't count on that every single week. But it feels like though as long as Deebo Samuel is banged up and George Kittle is sort of banged up, looks like Jawan Jennings is going to have a role in this offense.
Speaker 4: Absolutely. I mean, the dude's gonna eat six to three.
Speaker 3: He's a long body, he catches the ball at the highest point, like he's available in the middle of the field a lot of times.
Speaker 4: Like you see that he's a deep threat.
Speaker 3: I mean none of the dbs you know, for the Rams, were able to keep up with him. Man Like he was just out there doing anything and everything he wanted to do, and like he was showing he could be a deep threat and catch everything underneath short as well. Like he's going to be a huge ad on the waiver wire this week.
Speaker 1: Good to see the Niners extended their wide receiver wins l Brandon Ayuk.
Speaker 2: So you know there was that.
Speaker 6: I don't doubt you could have this game.
Speaker 2: I was I'm not having there are a lot of people who did.
Speaker 1: I actually thought he would too, to be honest with you, you mentioned flour Lu with the tight end position, which is really a problem right now. Cole Comet, I know the Bears haven't been great offensively, but he does look like he's going to get some opportunities there even with the three.
Speaker 2: Well we'll see. Does it happen when the three wide receivers come back, I guess is the question.
Speaker 6: In Week one, the only time we really saw all three play, Comet only had one target, so I'm not sure if it'll sustain. But right now, who knows what Keenan Allen. This is a heal in issue, going back to something he was dealing with last season, So I don't know if we could really bank on Keenan's availability. If he does suit up, then the expectations for comet changes. But eleven targets this past week is something you just simply cannot ignore. Not at the tight end position. There's very few usable options right now, and even fewer on the waiver wires, So you got to take a chance.
Speaker 2: At this point.
Speaker 1: If you get seven to nine points out of your tight end, you gotta kind of feel good about that.
Speaker 2: That else is kind of a bonus at this point.
Speaker 1: So, speaking of guys that maybe are frustrating for us, get to the segment we're calling.
Speaker 2: It's over.
Speaker 1: It's been three weeks. These guys haven't produced the things. The situations look bleak. So for you, LaQuan, who's somebody where it's like, I'm just done Now.
Speaker 3: I'm so dumb with Will Levis, man, he just he needs some bonehead mistakes. Man, Just stop playing so reckless like he shows us flashes that he could be a elite quarterback at times where he's able to get out of pocket, see the vision and make the d pass.
Speaker 4: But then there's mistakes where it's just like what are you thinking?
Speaker 2: Like this, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: Like I can't say what was really said, but man, this is one of those things.
Speaker 4: We all were in sync watching this mistake, like what are you there? You got what is he doing? But it's like, come on, man, you gotta play better.
Speaker 3: And my fantasy roster cannot wait around for him to be playing reckless ball for the next couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: He is great though.
Speaker 1: If you're streaming defenses, you can target Will Levis there you go, pick Ali Florida.
Speaker 2: Who are you done with now? So?
Speaker 6: I mere whit? I faded him coming into the year. I have him on one team and I want him all Like, I understand if maybe you can drop him, but there's no way you could start him right now. Through three games, he has thirty two carries and six targets. That's good for just under eleven carries per game and two targets per game. He's played under forty percent of the snaps in two of the three games, and what's even worse is he is getting the most low value touches you can get. He is used on the ground between the twenties. When they get into passing down situations, they bring in Alexander Madison and when they get on the goal line, they're like, you know what, Zamir White. I know you're six foot two fifteen, but we're gonna call you out. We're going to bring in Alexander Madison to vulture these touchdowns from you. It is a nightmare. I don't care how many times Antonio Pierce says he wants to get him the ball more. It is not happening. It didn't happen against the Panthers. You cannot trust him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Panthers situation was sort of a if it doesn't happen, now, when is it going to happen?
Speaker 2: And it didn't happen.
Speaker 1: It didn't help that the Raiders got themselves behind by multiple scores. They had had to abandon the run game as well, but even when they were still close. I just was looking bad for Zamir White. Similar situation for DeAndre Swift. And you saw Roshan Johnson's name pop up there on that list of waiver options. I thought this was going to be a good week for DeAndre Swift going against the Colts. Their run defense had been awful all year long. Instead, it turned into a very pass heavy game for Chicago. You saw Caleb Williams go over three hundred and sixty passing yards to get his first NFL passing touchdown as well. The Bears really didn't try to run it, and when they did it was not effective. I think no play epitomizes the week more than a fourth down pitch near the goal line where they're trying to stretch Swift out to the edge and the blocking was atrocious. It looked like it looked like a big box store on Black Friday. The guy's just running through the offensive line and getting to DeAndre Swift to take him down. Now you're seeing Rashawn Johnson get more opportunities. The Bears still cannot score a ton of points. They can't run it effectively. So DeAndre Swift was the guy that you were getting in the mid rounds. The upside is that you weren't necessarily pinning a lot of hopes on his production. But what he's doing right now doesn't give you any hope. The Bears offense with Shane Waldron looks like a mess, and he's going to be very easy, I think in a lot of fantasy leagues to get away from DeAndre Swift. I suspect we're going to see him very heavily on the waiver wire in the few weeks to come.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So yeah, But here's the thing.
Speaker 1: It wasn't all bad for running backs across the NFL. In fact, there's a guy in Kansas City who had a pretty good weekend, had a lot of folks living like curiously through him.
Speaker 2: In fact, now let's talk about one of our favorite moments from the past week.
Speaker 5: Carson Steele's sister Kessler and her now husband Jack just sent us this video from their wedding reception taking place as we speak. Watching Carson make his first ever NFL start wasn't great timing. Today was the only day the venue was available, as sister set out to save the date over a year ago, and Carson was supposed to be a groomsman. But luckily they have the big screen.
Speaker 6: He's there in.
Speaker 1: Spirit, all right, So I mean like that, it's a lot of fun. You have the family together, they're watching Carson steel one. Is he kind of like upstaging his sister's wedding.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, Also a wedding is watching a football game on TV, like like.
Speaker 2: Yes, the other part of it is okay. I know.
Speaker 1: Look, I know that apparently the venue was not available very often. They only had certain number of dates. But he was supposed to be a groomsman. Like his family really didn't have a lot of faith that he was going to be on an NFL roster. Huh, Like, yeah, that's kind of nasty work right there, Like, oh, you would be available, don't worry about it.
Speaker 6: There's in the fall like that would keep you busy. That's true though he almost wasn't on an NFL roster.
Speaker 2: Very true. He was an undrafted free agent. He was an undrafted free agent out of U C.
Speaker 3: L A.
Speaker 1: He signed with the Chiefs, and I think it was a little bit of a surprise that he actually did end up making uh the final roster. So I mean, good for it. Look good for Carson Steele. I hope that his sister and her new husband. I wish them all the best of luck in their lives and in their marriage. But yeah, man, U, fall weddings, especially when your brother plays football, maybe.
Speaker 6: Don't or works for the NFL. I have to say no to a lot of weddings in the.
Speaker 1: Fall because of that. Yeah, yeah, it's tough. You know, we also have friends. Just look at you have from basically from February to July. You can get married then and then you know, after that it gets a little bit tenuous.
Speaker 2: It depends how much we like you.
Speaker 4: It's probably cheaper.
Speaker 2: There you go anyway.
Speaker 1: Carson Steel, though, guy who you should pick up off the waiver wire, looks like he's gonna get a lot of work in Kansas City.
Speaker 2: The meantime, that is it. We are done.
Speaker 1: We appreciate you hanging out with the NFL Fantasy Football Show. You know the drill. Tell two friends to tell two friends rate review and remember life is short. Smile while you still have teeth. Be safe, to take care of yourselves, and we will talk to you tomorrow. H