Speaker 1: It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning and starting your week with a brand new second Date episode.
Speaker 2: Thanks for being here today. You never know who you're gonna meet, especially if it's a sexy shoe Sailles.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it was toes done before you buy shoes neck.
Speaker 1: So saying, because one lady definitely met that guy. So we're gonna do that in just a second. But first comments yep or okay, prepare for this one. I'm gonna warn you it's a long one.
Speaker 2: No you'll see. Hey, guys.
Speaker 3: Ruby from Sydney, Australia. I've been listening for about two years now every morning on my way to work.
Speaker 2: But two days ago I crashed.
Speaker 3: My car and nearly died while listening to the Sunset Scribbles episode. But after it happened, all I could hear was laughter from all of you while it was blasting from my car, and it was so loud I couldn't help but laugh and cry at the same time.
Speaker 2: It really helped me in that moment. Thank you guys.
Speaker 4: I'm just going.
Speaker 3: I'm reading this because she commented, I'm assuming alive and well and okay.
Speaker 2: But at a hospital bet it'll cat Yeah, I don't know, but we hope you're okay. I hope you're okay.
Speaker 1: I always think about that, Like, if I were to ever crash my car and like there was a song plane, would I always associate that song?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'd probably have a sports radio talk on the the most boring way.
Speaker 3: So hopefully you don't associate us with that now, Yeah, all right with us?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and hope you're on those good paints. Okay, Yeah, Ruby get well. Yeah, thanks for being here. Your brand new episode starts right now.
Speaker 3: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning, Second Date Updates.
Speaker 4: When you meet someone special, what's the first thing that usually draws you.
Speaker 5: In their eyes?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: Their laugh, their hair, their laugh, you speak for yourself. No, today it's their feet.
Speaker 2: Oh we're gonna start here. We usually end up here.
Speaker 6: Try to be.
Speaker 5: Creepy about it.
Speaker 4: The reason that I bring it up is because our listener Claire says she met a guy that she's interested in at a shoe store.
Speaker 2: Oh, she's like the modern day Cindere could be.
Speaker 5: Claire.
Speaker 4: Does it ever go through your mind that shoe stores are the hotspots for all the pervs. It's where they congregate you.
Speaker 7: No, I don't think so.
Speaker 4: Okay, you don't hang out at the shoe stores that I hang out at.
Speaker 1: So I've never had a weird interaction at a shoe store, Jeff.
Speaker 2: So I think it's maybe just you.
Speaker 4: Oh, I will give you some addresses that will change how you think. But okay, maybe there's a different type of shoe place. So tell us about how you met this guy. What's his name, by the.
Speaker 7: Way, Yeah, mine wasn't privy at all. His name was Dan. Okay, Then while I was basically he wasn't actually helping me. He was helping this girl that was next to me.
Speaker 2: I was, he's an employee.
Speaker 4: There or is he just a random guy that goes around helping people at shoe stores?
Speaker 7: No, he was super sweet. He actually does work there, okay, shoeman, All right? Like I said, he wasn't helping me directly, but he was helping a woman that was next to me, and every time he would go get her some shoes, he kind of would like chat up with me a little bit and like be like, oh, those shoes look great, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like, I mean, out of all the departments you could work in, it would be the easiest to meet someone in the shoe department, because you're just there longer, like you're saying, like you're waiting for other shoes to come back from the back.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so it's not like you can get up and leave.
Speaker 7: You guys.
Speaker 6: He was really nice.
Speaker 2: He was like and more than just like I make commission nice like, I.
Speaker 7: Mean, that was the best part. I wasn't his customer. He wasn't making any commission off me.
Speaker 2: Did you make a move?
Speaker 7: Yeah, here's the thing. I went up to go buy my shoes and I told the girl that was checking me out, I actually need her my number, and said, can you give it to that guy over there, that shoe guy over there? And she did?
Speaker 2: Whoa?
Speaker 7: I thought, you know, why the heck not? I never find anybody in the while anymore. We see dating apps, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: This is great.
Speaker 5: Feet stores are better than Tinder.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 5: Who would have thought.
Speaker 4: We've gotten to that point in life, but we made it.
Speaker 5: This is awesome. So did he reach out to you?
Speaker 6: He did?
Speaker 7: He totally reached out to me, and he suggested a Mexican place home the wall.
Speaker 4: It was really nice, Like how much attention did you want?
Speaker 5: Jose wants to ask specifically, about the menu. We do know that.
Speaker 2: All I wanted to know is how many margarita she had?
Speaker 4: Was this like a lunch date or like a happy hour type of date?
Speaker 7: It was more of a happy hour.
Speaker 5: How was the connection between you and Dan?
Speaker 7: I thought it ended up being very natural. I was very happy, like I left, Okay, was that Dan?
Speaker 5: Or was that the margaritas? Though? That was.
Speaker 4: That's true, but maybe something specific about Dan that happened that made you happy.
Speaker 7: It was really playful between us. I felt really good. And at one point we were feeding each other chips and salsa.
Speaker 4: So little messy, yeah, but it was.
Speaker 7: Kind of sweet. It was really sweet.
Speaker 5: That is okay. That was like a romantic move.
Speaker 2: It was to know who started that.
Speaker 7: I kind of started it. I kind of wanted to like show him that I was playful, and he reciprocated.
Speaker 4: So we'll see that in romantic movies, where like at a certain point they feed each other like an ord deruv or something.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I've ever said anyone outside of my toddlers, I really can't.
Speaker 4: They've never been making a cake and you put some frosting on your husband's nose, and you guys have a frosting fight.
Speaker 2: No, maybe I'm not romantic enough.
Speaker 4: I mean, don't you think it would be nice at our next show dinner if at one point we all just stopped and fed the person to our right, put a sushi role in the next person's mouth.
Speaker 2: I'm sick. I can't go.
Speaker 5: Just the three of us.
Speaker 2: Then, well, every way, it doesn't matter what we think or do.
Speaker 1: It's that you liked it, and you think Dan liked it because then he fed you, right, that's the indicator that he was into it.
Speaker 7: If he did feed me back, Yeah, it wasn't just me feeding him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta be careful with sharp tortilla chips.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, gollm or something. All right, I mean this is sounding pretty good. How does the date end?
Speaker 7: So basically we got to know each other, we talked about our jobs, and then when we last he walked me to my car, obviously, but he did not try to kiss me, which.
Speaker 2: You know what I would books outreached.
Speaker 1: Why am the only reason I say?
Speaker 2: What is you just fed each other. You would think that, like.
Speaker 5: But you feed your toddler, You're.
Speaker 1: Intimately connected in a different type of way, right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I totally know what you guys are saying, but I was actually okay with it. I don't really like to kiss on the first date.
Speaker 2: So he read you right, So that's good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so even if he had gone for the kiss, you would have said no, no, okay, all right.
Speaker 5: So that's how you left it. What's happened since then?
Speaker 7: Not a whole lot have happened. I've texted him and he just kind of hurts my text, just like reacts. I'm kind of confused.
Speaker 5: Well, it started off so great.
Speaker 4: I don't I can't imagine what would have made him not want to kiss you and not want to call you back.
Speaker 5: So let's try to figure that out for you. Maybe a pair of shoes.
Speaker 4: On the date.
Speaker 2: Judging about shoes, right, that's a good point.
Speaker 1: We'll find some people think a shoe says everything about a personal.
Speaker 4: I don't know who those people are, but we'll find out if your shoes weren't sexy enough when we come back and do your second date update right after this.
Speaker 7: Hold on Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Second date update.
Speaker 4: How does that romantic saying go? Couples who love each other feed each other.
Speaker 2: I've never heard that. Is that something that's hanging in your kitchen.
Speaker 4: It should be one of those cute little.
Speaker 2: Left because love Sciences.
Speaker 4: Our listener Claire is well on her way to that because on her first hang out with Dan, the shoe salesman, they were hand feeding each other chips and salsa.
Speaker 5: At a Mexican restaurant, and you.
Speaker 4: Don't do that on a first date unless there's an obvious connection happening. True, not to mention the flowing Margarita's I probably assist.
Speaker 1: I do think we have to send him to an Italian restaurant if they go out again, just so they can lady and tramp some again.
Speaker 2: It's kind of their thing.
Speaker 5: Or a breadstick.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, there was no kiss at the end of the date. So Brooke, what's running through your mind? Why wouldn't she be getting the call for date number two?
Speaker 7: Here?
Speaker 1: It's so hard to know anymore. I mean, how single was this guy? Like you met him out in the wild. Did you do any Internet research on him?
Speaker 7: I mean, he doesn't really have social media.
Speaker 4: So you've already had your hands in each other's mouths at this point, So what could be stopping him from wanting.
Speaker 5: A little bit more of that?
Speaker 2: Why are they going in.
Speaker 4: Or two, a finger and the thumb. I gotta get my thumb in there, push it all the way to the back.
Speaker 5: I don't know how you do it, Claire.
Speaker 4: Let's just call Dan and we'll see if he picks up and hopefully has some answers for us.
Speaker 7: You ready, thanks, guys? Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Think she's kind of over us at this point.
Speaker 2: By this point in the call, regret their decision.
Speaker 4: Pert they were right on track. Let's dial his number.
Speaker 5: Here we go. Hello, Hey, is this Dan? Yeah? Who's this? Hey?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 5: This is a radio show called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning. How you doing?
Speaker 2: Hey Dan?
Speaker 6: Dan?
Speaker 4: Good morning brother?
Speaker 6: Oh okay, okay, why are you calling?
Speaker 4: We're calling because we're doing a segment. It's a really popular one called the Second Date Update. I'm not sure if you're familiar with that.
Speaker 6: H oh okay, so I still but why are you calling them?
Speaker 4: So the way that the segment works, the Second Date Update is trying to help out one of our listeners who went out with you recently says she had a really nice time and is confused why there hasn't been a second hang.
Speaker 6: Oh, okay, okay.
Speaker 5: So this is a woman named Claire.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure, of course, expecting it interesting.
Speaker 5: So what was your what was your take on Claire?
Speaker 6: Uh, Claire really nice, Claire's really sweet. I had a good time with Claire.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 6: It's a bit of a mixed bag.
Speaker 2: For me, really, I mean for you.
Speaker 1: Were you impressed when she was the one that gave her number to your friend at work?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that was nice. You know that's not something that happens all the time. That makes me feel good.
Speaker 5: Okay, but you use the term it was a mixed bag. Usually that's not good and bad.
Speaker 6: Well, there's nothing bad. She didn't do anything bad. Let me be clear about that. I'm just a little a little more of a maybe.
Speaker 5: What's making it a maybe and not a definite yes.
Speaker 6: So like when we're walking to the table, I felt someone touched my back. Yeah, and she was like hold on, she adjusted my collar, she just my shirt collar was a little crooked.
Speaker 1: Nice, Okay, I mean I could see how some people would be because you just met her right like.
Speaker 6: It was fine. I appreciated it. It just I just I noted that like, oh, this person is very comfortable with me right away, and I just like, you know, we had just met, but it was sweet.
Speaker 1: Okay, so this isn't a bad check yet.
Speaker 6: Yeah, none of these are bad checks. I just don't know how to take it.
Speaker 5: Was there anything else?
Speaker 6: So so we order our food and they bring the chips in salsa.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we heard a little bit about the chips and salsa. Tell us about it.
Speaker 6: Oh you did?
Speaker 5: We did? She said that you two fed each other.
Speaker 6: Yes, ye, yeah, she fed me and I fed her back. But mostly it was just like I thought, it was pretty funny.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: It's interesting because I would have thought, you know, you're listening these things and you're just noting them, but you're laughing, and you sound like you're remembering the moments fondly.
Speaker 6: I'm laughing because when we were finished, she takes her napkin and she wipes a little bit of salsa from the corner of my mouth.
Speaker 4: She takes her napkin and wipes your face with it. Yeah, what was your take on that?
Speaker 6: I was surprised by it. I laughed out loud. I can't remember the last time somebody wiped my face for me with a napkin.
Speaker 2: Probably your mother did it.
Speaker 4: Probably didn't want to say that exactly, okay, but did she ask like, hey, you've got something there? Did she just go in for it?
Speaker 6: So she like said, oh, you got a little something, and just like this what and did.
Speaker 5: It as she's doing it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's funny because you can see this kind of person.
Speaker 5: She's just comfortable with you.
Speaker 4: She's trying to be kind, but you're crossing a boundary potentially, right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it wasn't that boundaries were crossed. It was just that I I just wasn't there yet. We're still just getting to know each other. Yeah, and then she's like putting my napkin on my lap for me.
Speaker 2: Oh, well you don't want a little smothering.
Speaker 4: Okay, but you don't dirty live So I could see why she did that.
Speaker 1: But she cares, you know, like she's doing things totally.
Speaker 6: I get that, And no other girl would ever do that for me or ever has done that for me.
Speaker 5: Oh that's sweet.
Speaker 4: I mean she's looking out for you. She's watching over you, even listening in on this phone call to make.
Speaker 5: Sure that you're okay right now. She's there always.
Speaker 6: Oh that makes sense?
Speaker 2: Really, doesn't do you think it fits with everything else?
Speaker 5: Because I'm serious, I.
Speaker 6: Mean I just didn't that she's on the phone. Of course she is. I didn't think about them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she's really there, Claire.
Speaker 7: I did hear all of it, and you know what I do like hearing the voice of my dirty little Danny on the phone.
Speaker 1: Wait, wait, Dan, do you know that that nickname already?
Speaker 6: Yeah, she was using it at the restaurant.
Speaker 4: It like a like a dirty like a sexy thing or is it No?
Speaker 6: It was like when she went to wipe my mouth, she was like, oh, it was my dirty little Danny.
Speaker 5: And then it just came back throughout the night.
Speaker 2: She said it in like it turned on Tony.
Speaker 4: Interesting. You know what, there's a lot happening. We should step back from this and let you two talk to each other. So Claire talked to dirty.
Speaker 7: Dan for your Oh you should know that I obviously like you because I don't do that with everyone. And I want to say that I know that I untopped your shirt at one point, but why because he ate a little too much and I could.
Speaker 6: Tell that.
Speaker 2: Is the un like I like, no, you on tugget to take the shirt off. I mean at some point in the date, but not.
Speaker 4: But what does Dan think of that?
Speaker 5: That was?
Speaker 6: Actually that was funny, right.
Speaker 1: If a man came over and unbuttoned my parents because they look.
Speaker 2: I'm going to tell you it is.
Speaker 4: Not going over. Somebody shouldn't have had that six slice of pizza. I oh my god. But but you don't sound totally opposed to it.
Speaker 6: That's why I was telling you guys. It's like a mixed bag, like we do kind of fit in certain ways.
Speaker 5: Okay, you like being doated on just a tiny bit.
Speaker 2: Like this doted or mothered. I know, but he's mothered. I don't do that for my kids.
Speaker 4: I know. That's where it crosses the line with this dirty danny stuff. It's like right in the.
Speaker 5: Middle, you know.
Speaker 7: Like I told you guys, I want to be married and I want to be a mom one day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the maternalist.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you, post kids, you're gonna feel very differently about also having to mother a man.
Speaker 7: I guess you're right. I mean, here's the thing. I just truly believe that we do need to spend more time together. Dan, So, I guess I'm sorry I untucked your shirt if you didn't like it, but I thought I was being helpful. That's all I'm going to say.
Speaker 4: Wow, Claire is just laying it out there, Dan, she really wants to see you again, and if you're willing to give her one more chance, we would pay for that date.
Speaker 1: I will say, it does sound like she's hearing you on some of these boundaries.
Speaker 6: Totally again, and it's it's partly on me for not speaking up. But Claire, I would love to go on another date with you, provided that you understand that. I just like, I'm a little bit of a slow mover and I'm going to have to get to know somebody a lot more before I'd just like to decide, Oh, this is the person that for me, whoa.
Speaker 4: Using his big boy voice to lay down there in the relationship.
Speaker 7: Claire, totally understandable. I just want to let you know I did hold back a little bit on this date. I almost put the straw to your lips for the margarita, and I chose that so.
Speaker 2: Straight.
Speaker 6: Dan, you know what I sense that I saw you go from my drink and then pull away from it.
Speaker 2: Okay, it be interesting to see where this goes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like this is a success.
Speaker 4: We're gonna send you to out one more time, and dirty Dan, you're gonna have to behave yourself.
Speaker 2: I don't think she wants him to behave himself.
Speaker 7: Get so excited, Danny, I'll be watching you.
Speaker 2: Oh why.
Speaker 6: I love it?
Speaker 4: This is funny Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. Well, this just goes to prove there's a relationship out there that works for everyone.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I guarantee nine out of ten times we make that call, the dude would say she was ah, she was trying to mother me and doesn't see the fun side of it.
Speaker 1: I know if I don't like you, Yeah, but I think she's gonna let him know that he does like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know that he's gonna have a choice in the end of.
Speaker 4: All of this, Brook, you have my full permission at our next show dinner to untuck my shirt post dinner if you feel like I've eaten too much.
Speaker 2: That is a hard pass.
Speaker 1: Like I said, she may think that type of behavior is cute. Now wait till she's got two or three kids under her belt. God, you're so annoying. An't you do anything yourself?
Speaker 4: But maybe you feel like you don't like it until you try it the same way that he did. Our listeners have my full permission to go to our podcast too. And comment what a big boy I am. After you like and subscribe, Find us and Butterfly Kiss our tummies at Brook and Jeffrey