Speaker 1: Welcome.
Speaker 2: It is verdict with Sentater Ted Cruz, Ben Ferguson with you as well, Senator. The debate fallout is continuing. You thought it was a bad night on debate night, It's gotten a lot worse for the president.
Speaker 3: It's gotten much much worse. The debate heard round the world. We recorded a special podcast the night of the debate. Within an hour of it concluding, we put it out. By the way, if you didn't hear our analysis that occurred Thursday night, you should go back and listen.
Speaker 4: It was Friday's podcast.
Speaker 3: It was one of the most downloaded pods we've ever done because it was immediate analysis of what's happened. We're now sitting there a few days later, and a few days later, the fallout continues to be massive. I said the night of the debate, this is the most consequential presidential debate in United States history. I still believe that. This weekend, I talked to President Trump. I gave him a call. I told him he did a phenomenal job on the debate. I told I thought it was his best debate performance he's ever done. He and I have stood on many of those debate stages together and so I'm intimately familiar with how President Trump debates, and I think he was as I told him this weekend. He was calm, he was measured, he was under control, and most importantly, he let Joe Biden talk and hang himself, because the greatest damage that was done was when Biden was talking and his brain was short circuiting, and the entire world saw that. On Thursday night, we're going to break down the fallout and what's coming next. We're also going to talk about the landmark Supreme Court decision that came down last week overruling what's called the Chevron doctrine. This is a big victory for the Constitution, this is a big victory for democracy. So of course left wingers who love the regulatory state are are weeping and gnashing their teeth.
Speaker 4: We're going to explain it all.
Speaker 2: I got a lot of questions on the Trump call, so we're going to do that in a second. But let me tell you about my friends at Blackout Coffee. I literally now get dozens of messages from you guys almost every week that have now tried Blackout Coffee, and the same thing is said virtually every time. Then thank you, you weren't joking. This coffee is amazing. It is premium, it's next level. It's a great value, but it's premium coffee. Now, I start my day every morning on the radio at seven am. I've got to be awake, I've got to be alert, and I'm not going to have an average cup of coffee anymore. I did that for literally decades. No longer. Blackout Coffee is premium coffee made by an incredible group of people that actually stand for conservative values. They started the Blackout Coffee for that reason. You know there's a bunch of liberal coffee comings out there. You probably thought of a couple names instantly when I said that, And that's when they said, no more, We're not giving those our money to these woke corporations. We're going to start our own, and they did it. Blackout Coffee is one hundred percent committed conservative values. From the sourcing of the beans to the roasting process, customer support and shipping. They embody true American values and they accept no compromise on taste or quality. Now I want you to try it. I'm going to save you twenty percent off your order. Go to Blackoutcoffee dot com. Slash verdict. That's Blackoutcoffee dot com slash verdict, and use the coupon code vertict for twenty percent off your first order Blackout Coffee dot com slash verdict. Be Awake Not Woke that's Blackoutcoffee dot com slash verdict promo code Verdict. All right, So there's a million people that have asked me this question when I've had conversations on the phone with Donald Trump. So I'm going to ask you the same question that everyone asked me. How do you get in touch with Donald Trump when you're the one calling him? How does that work? And then do you get him right away? So I call his phone and it varies. Sometimes sometimes he answers, other times he doesn't, and he usually calls me back. In this instance, he didn't answer, and he called me back about twenty minutes later. And so when he calls you back, like, how does it work? Is it talking like to a friend or is it more formal?
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Look, I mean President Trump and I have been through a lot of battles together, uh, initially on on opposite sides and then for a lot of years side by side when he was president I was by far his strongest ally in the US Senate all four years of his presidency. And and so he and I talk regularly, but just after this debate, I wanted to call and tell him I thought he did really a terrific job. And and and and as I said, it's the best I've seen him. Because he was measured in in control. He didn't he didn't let Biden bait him excessively. Biden was trying to bate him, and he didn't. He didn't take the bait. And and in particular, he gave Biden airtime. That's not ant natural instinct for President Trump. He he he likes to fill up the oxygen. But what needed to happen is for people to see just how diminish Joe Biden was. And the only way to do that is to keep your mouth shut and force Biden to talk. Ironically, the thing that really hammered Biden was the thing he and his team insisted upon, which is the microphones being shut off when the other person was talking. That meant that neither candidate had an incentive or temptation to interrupt because their mic was off, And so it wouldn't be hurt if they did try to interrupt that ended up leaving Joe Biden alone on a sinking ship because the only thing that could rescue him was his own words. And we saw multiple times where he just got completely confused and lost and didn't know what he was saying. And you could see it on the expression of the moderators of Jake Tapper and Dana Bash. They both looked with complete horror at just how much Joe Biden was crashing and burning.
Speaker 2: What was President Trump's just reaction to Biden. Did he even think it would go this well for him or really this bad for Joe Biden? Was he is as much shocked as I think everyone else that was watching.
Speaker 3: Well, look, I don't want to share what he said just because conversations I have with President Trump. I'm going to respect what he said. I'll share what I said, though, which is that I'm concerned that the debate went so well that they're going to yank Biden from the ballot. And I repeated to him what I said on the podcast, which is that this will be the most consequential debate in American history if it ends up changing the names on the ballot, if it ends up forcing the Democrat Party to pull the plug on Biden and replace him. And as I've said multiple times, going back to nine months ago, I predicted they would pull pull Biden out and replace him with Michelle Obama. I think that will happen in the next three weeks. I think we have a short fuse on that happening.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: So I've got a million questions on that, and I've been getting them on social You may have been seeing some of the same questions. Democrats say that Donald Trump is a threat to democracy, that the Republican Party is a threat to democracy, that they're the people that care about democracy. How would they justify pulling Biden, replacing them with a him, with a candidate that no one voted for in an election cycle, and then said, here it is, how is that democracy? And it's a fair question. I think a lot of Americans are asking right now.
Speaker 3: Well, listen, at the end of the day. Under their rules, each party selects their nominee, and they have provisions if a nominee is incapacitated. Look, if either Donald Trump or Joe Biden fell over dead tomorrow, it's not like the Republican or Democrat Party would say Okay, well, I guess we don't have a presidential nominee. Never mind, you replace someone, and that happens. It has not happened with presidential candidates, but it happens sometimes with congressional candidates, sometimes with senate candidates or House candidate. It's where people have either they die or or they have health issues that prevent them from running and and and so the natural way for the Democrats to do this would be with Joe Biden's cooperation, that he comes forward and says, you know, my health has deteriorated such that I'm no longer able to be a candidate.
Speaker 4: I thought I would.
Speaker 3: I thought I could when when we launch the campaign, but I'm no longer physically able to be a candidate for four more years. And in that instance, uh, I think we would see the Democrats replacing him.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: The exact procedure is complicated, and it's much more complicated if Biden is not willing. If he's not willing, it becomes practically impossible. And so a critical critical piece of this is can the graybeards of the Democrat Party collectively pressure him to say enough is enough?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they certainly don't seem to be leaning towards him dropping out. They've been doubling down. They had their event after that night of the debate, and the next day they had another event, and they're trying to get him out there looking like everything's fine and quote, he just had a cold. That was one of the parts that made me laugh was how they're like, well, we had a cold, he had a cold. Well, this was just because he had a cold. I don't think that helps him.
Speaker 1: I don't think.
Speaker 2: People will believe that it was a cold that caused him to have a terrible night. It's insulting, I think too many voters. I actually think that can make it even worse.
Speaker 3: Well, and the White House spin was, well, he's usually lucid between ten am and four pm, and so we've just learned to do any White House meetings during those hours because that's when his brain operates. And you think about that as their explanation, and you're going, oh, okay, that's good. Maybe putin and she, but before launching a military attack, maybe a terrorist, before murdering America. NS will be sure to do it between ten am and four pm, because you know, if you do after Luby's is closed, after the Jello at the cafeteria. I'm afraid the Commander in chief is just not there and not able to handle it like that is a terrifying statement, and that is from the White House.
Speaker 2: So the only way that this goes smoothly, I guess, and this is a great point of clarification, is if Joe Biden willingly said an sence, Hey, I'm gonna step aside. There's no medication he's going to do that. So far, based on what the White House and what Joe Biden and the First Lady are doing, they're wanting to squash this instantly. We also got a tweet, and I think we mentioned in the last pod, but Barack Obama finally came out and said, hey, he's our guy. Here's his website, basically almost twenty four hours after the disaster of the debate. You can read into that what you want. But if Joe Biden and Joe Biden say we ain't going anywhere, then the Democratic Party in essences has their hands tied pretty much.
Speaker 3: Right, Well maybe maybe not so look at the debate that is playing out real time. So Barack Obama jumped out pretty quickly in his tweet. Let me read it all because it's relevant what he said. Obama says, quote circle the wagons. Bad debate nights happen, Trust me, I know. But this election is still a choice between someone who has fought for ordinary folks' entire life and someone who only cares about himself, between someone who tells the truth, who knows right and wrong and will give it to the American people straight, and someone who lies through his teeth for his own benefit. Last night didn't change that, and that's why so much is at stake in November. So that's Obama trying to tell Democrats circle the wabbit wagons. Now, David Axelrod, Obama's political guru, here's what he put out. He said, quote reality check. Joe Biden is the nominee of the Democratic Party, nominated by voters in primaries across the country. Unless the potus himself decides to quit, which he won't. That issue is settled. The discussion that is going on now was timely a year ago when few wanted to have it. It's largely irrelevant today now point out a year ago Axelrod was saying this. He was saying, Biden's too old. But what is striking so You've got a couple of folks there saying stick with stick with Biden. But you've also got the New York Times, and the New York Times put out a blistering editorial, a blistering editorial calling on Biden to drop out, saying his candidacy is a reckless gamble. And it's not just the New York Times. The Chicago Tribune also called on Biden to drop out. The Washington Post editorial board strongly suggested that Biden quit the race. And so, if you look at the powers that be in the Democrat Party, the corporate media is intertwined and is in fact the left wing of the Democrat Party. And seeing the New York Times, the Chicago Tribune, and the Washington Post all coming out against Biden, We've never seen anything like that in his entire presidency.
Speaker 2: Well, we also have the Seer Report, and I want to get your reaction from NBC News, it said that President Joe Biden is having a family cumbea meeting Sunday to talk about his re election campaign with family, following a nationally televised debate that left many fellow Democrats worried about his ability to beat former President Donald Trump. So they're not really worried about his cognitive decline. They're just worried about the fact you may lose. And in that article it said quote Biden was ascribed by one person familiar with his mood as humiliated, devoid of confidence, and painfully aware that the physical images of him at the debate ies staring into the distance, mouth agape, will live beyond his pency. Now, that's what NBC News reported about his general, I guess mood. And then there was other things that were said in there, basically that look, this is a guy who is smashing the glass in the glass in case of emergency phase of his presidency, is how they described it.
Speaker 1: That's coming from NBC. That's shocking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and let me say the point you made just there is really important. The Democrats who are panicking, who are freaking out, the editorial boards, who are panicking and freaking out, they don't care that the president of the United States is not mentally competent. They don't care that the President of the United States is, in the words of the Biden Department of Justice, not mentally fit to stand trial, not competent to stand trial. They don't care about that they don't care that the commander in chief can't string two sentences together. Look, the man I saw on that debate stage, I'm not sure i'd let him drive a car, much less have his finger on the button. Yeah, no Democrat cares about that at all. They don't care that the White House is saying he can't handle any crisis that happens if it happens before ten am or after four pm, and and and even then it's it's it's touch and go. None of that matters. The reason they're they're panicking is one thing. They're like, uh, oh, he's gonna lose. He's gonna lose to Trump, and then suddenly like, okay, now it's a problem.
Speaker 4: Now we need someone else.
Speaker 3: It really is sad that that there is no one stepping forward and saying this is this is dangerous for America. Look, if you haven't seen it, one thing I retweeted, and it's visual, so it's gonna be very hard to describe on an audio pod. But John Stewart, right after the debate put together a montage of images of Biden when he wasn't speaking, and it is damning. It's hysterical, but it is damning. You just read that quote from NBC News, the look of just comple elite confusion. Didn't know where he was, just looking around like someone clearly not in control of his faculties. And here's how John Stewart, the comedian, referred to it. He said, it's not often you see someone with resting twenty fifth Amendment face. That was John Stewart's phrase. And by the way, the twenty fifth Amendment is the amendment to the Constitution that provides for removing a president from office, a sitting president when he is no longer competent to do the job. And that look, that's the punchline of a joke, but it's not much of a joke.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a great point.
Speaker 2: I got to ask you about the twenty fifth in a moment because there's a lot of people asking questions about that.
Speaker 1: But let me tell you real quick about my friends over chalk.
Speaker 2: As I mentioned, when you get older, you start to get that fatigue that sits in you feel like you don't have that energy to go work out.
Speaker 1: Maybe you started getting weight. Well I was one of those.
Speaker 2: And I'm now down like sixty pounds, sixty three, sixty four pounds since last August, and I started taking Chalk. Why Because Chalk helps you maximize your masculinity by boosting your testosterum levels up to twenty percent over ninety days. I've been taking it now for over a year. I can tell you it works. Men's testostrum levels are off a cliff historically at an all time low, and thankfully the patriots at Chalk Choq are here helping men just like you, take back your right to proudly maximize your masculinity by boosting testosterum levels up to twenty percent over ninety days. Manufactured right here in the US of A, Chalk's natural herbal supplements are clinically proven to have game changing effects on your energy, your focus, your mood. I can tell you it works. That is how I have been able to lose so much weight. So if you're ready to get off the couch, you're ready to feel like you're a little bit younger, you're ready to get that energy back, try Chalk. Go to choq dot com use the promo code Ben for a massive discount on any subscription for life. That's choq dot com promo code Ben for lifetime savings on any subscription so you get your stuff when you need it, month after month, and it's a limited time offer subscriptions. Also, just so you know, cancible at any time. I love this stuff. Try it choq dot com promo code Ben check out the mail Vitality stack. That's what I take and you will love it too. Senator, you mentioned the twenty fifth and it's a complicated issue. Can you break it down. Let's say that he has a meeting with the family. It comes out this week that he's not going anywhere after this family meeting. This koumba ya and Democrats then just say we got to turn on this guy. How does it work, How does the twenty fifth work? And would Republicans have to go with it?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: No, it can be done by the Vice president and a majority of the cabinet. And the vision that is relevant the twenty fifth Amendment is Section four of the twenty fifth Amendment. Here's what section four says. Quote, whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments that means the cabinet members, or of such other body as Congress may by law provide transmit to the President pro Tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office. The Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as acting President. Thereafter, when the President transmits to the President pro Tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that no inability exists, he shall resume the powers and duties of his office, unless the Vice President a majority of either the principal officers of the Executive Department, or as such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit within four days to the President pro Tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office. Thereupon, Congress shall decide the issue, assembling within forty eight hours for that purpose, if not in session, if the Congress within twenty one days after receipt of the latter written declaration, or if Congress is not in session within twenty one days after Congress is required to assemble, determines by two thirds vote of both houses that the president is unable to discharge the power and duties of his office. The vice president shall continue to discharge the same as acting president. Otherwise, the president shall resume the powers and duties of his office.
Speaker 2: So this could happen in theory if they decided to do it, but it would take Kamala Harrison the cabinet going against the president very quickly.
Speaker 4: It could happen.
Speaker 3: If you had a written declaration signed by Kamala Harris and a majority of the cabinet, they would submit that rec written declaration to the President pro Tem of the Senate and the Speaker of the House. And as soon as they do so, Kamala Harris is the acting president. Joe Biden is no longer the president. Now the next step would beat is Joe Biden fight him. Joe Biden could then submit a written statement saying I'm just fine, damnit. And if that happens, then it gets kicked to Congress and Congress has to decide. And it takes two thirds of both houses to conclude that the president is unable to perform his duties. And so that listen. That is by design a high threshold removing a president is not a big deal. Look, if it's triggered by the Vice president of majority of the cabinet coming to that conclusion, that is a massive shift.
Speaker 2: Obviously, you're like me, we're flying blind because we don't have a bunch of insiders at this Biden's White House and not many friends in the cabinet. What are the chances, just your gut on that even happening.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll give you a little bit of the legal background. So the principal draftsman of the amendment was a man named John Ferick, and here's what he wrote. He said that Congress deliberately left the terms unable and inability undefined quote, since cases of inability could take various forms, not neatly fitting into a rigid definition. The debates surrounding the twenty fifth Amendment indicate that those terms are intended to cover all cases in which some condition or circumstance prevents the president from discharging his powers and duties.
Speaker 2: So this is again all up to the Democrats. So in essence, aside the faith of Joe Biden, whether they stick with him, if they can't push him out, or if they say, you know what we're going to do it anyway because you're not listening to us.
Speaker 1: It's one way or the.
Speaker 4: Other, that's right.
Speaker 3: And by the way, there are fifteen members of the cabinet. Secretary of State, Secretary of Treasury, Secretary of Defense, the Attorney General, the Secretary of the Interior, the Secretary of Agriculture, the Secretary of Commerce, the Secretary of Labor, the Secretary of Health and Human Services, the Secretary of Housing and Urban Development, the Secretary of Transportation, the Secretary of Energy, the Secretary of Education, the Secretary of Veterans Affairs, and the Secretary of Homeland Security. And so it is those fifteen eight of them, plus Kamala Harris could remove Joe Biden as president today.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you another question, and that is Joe Biden moving forward if he stays. There's another debate on the schedule. There was an interesting commentary on Fox about this, and I want you to listen and get your reaction.
Speaker 5: In the offering before or that we get to that. I want to collaborate on that a little bit. I want to I want to ask you, you've worked in white houses, how could the advisors who've been working closely with him. I mean, they prepped him for a week.
Speaker 1: In detail. I mean, they clearly knew his capacities.
Speaker 5: Okay, they know that enough because they always lay him out with a teleprompter. They don't give him a lot of impromptu possibilities. They write scripts for him. How could they let this happen?
Speaker 6: Paul, I don't know, And that is the great unanswered question. Look, the people in the White House not only know his capabilities, they deal with him day in and day out.
Speaker 1: They never should have agreed to this debate.
Speaker 6: It was completely unnecessary, and they had to know about his limitations and bluntly a week out, ten days out. If they sensed this, there was ample opportunity for an international crisis or crisis to lead to a cancel. Every decision the White House staff made, including the briefing for Thursday night, failed, But the fundamental judgment on this debate and participation was the wrong one.
Speaker 2: That's a former advisor to the Clinton White House who's saying that, how on earth would you even move forward if he stays? Is he stuck? Now he's got to do the second debate? Or would you cancel and use whatever?
Speaker 1: Bs? Hey, I've got a cold, so I can't show up tonight.
Speaker 4: Look who knows.
Speaker 3: I mean, let me point out that once again shows the cynicism of today's Democrats. You know what he's saying there is they should never agree to the debate. Why because he's not mentally competent at all. And if he does a debate, the American people will realize that their commander in chief, like can't tie his own shoes. They're not worried about having a president who can't tie his own shoes. They're not worried about having a president whom our enemies think is a joke. They're not worried about having a president who the people who wish harmon America look to, I mean, every enemy of America watched that debate Thursday night, and listen, if you want to do something bad, talk about a screaming invitation. There is nobody in this White House who is scaring, intimidating anyone. And that's really bad that that. Look, it was painful to watch the debate.
Speaker 4: It it It was yes, and there.
Speaker 2: Is Someone described it to me afterwards and the analogy was spot on. It was like watching a funeral of a person that was still alive.
Speaker 3: And by the way, has a single Democrat has a single media outlet apologize to the American people for lying for the past three years. Yeah, because they've said, over and over again, Oh, he's fit, he's so able, he's he's like the smartest, most brilliant person you've ever seen. They knew that was a lie. They knew that was a lie before the debate, and they kept on telling that lie. They kept on telling that lie over and over and over again.
Speaker 2: By the way, it's interesting that a lot of the people the Democratic Party are saying he's got to go. All these editorials are saying he's got to go that you mentioned, But there's two old people in Washington, Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi. They're acting like the debate the other night didn't even happen. Here is Nancy Pelosi when she was asked a question about it, what do you make.
Speaker 1: The Democrats of calling for by the business. I don't know who's doing that. I don't know who's doing that.
Speaker 2: I don't know who's doing that. I don't know who's doing that. I don't know I'm not doing it. Quote unquote, that's Nancy Pelosi, Like, give me a break.
Speaker 4: They're trying desperately to be in denial.
Speaker 3: Here, I want you to listen to this montage of Democrats talking about how sharp and fit Biden is and how on his game he is. Just listened to this montage.
Speaker 7: He is sharp, intensely probing and detail oriented and focus.
Speaker 2: This is a man who is sharp, who is on top of his game, who knows what's going on.
Speaker 1: This guy's tough, smart, he's on his game.
Speaker 7: His mental acuity is great.
Speaker 1: This is a very sharper president. This is a man that's on his game. President is absolutely there's there's not a problem. He's he's fit, he's always answering questions.
Speaker 4: He is on the ball.
Speaker 1: He was sharper than anyone I've spoken to. He is sharp, he is on top of things.
Speaker 6: He's out of my mind that the president is mentally foss Spiden has proven himself to have a strong member.
Speaker 4: And he's completely mentally sharper.
Speaker 1: He's at the top of his game.
Speaker 2: He's at the top of his game. I mean, these are all the people around him. By the way, many of those would have to be would be the same people that would have to decide to move forward with the twenty fifth who were telling you he's the top of his game.
Speaker 3: Well, but but remember they care about power over everything else. And so if if they become convinced that that Biden loses, rats fleeing from a sinking ship would not move as fast as they will move.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a great way to discuss in this part of the discussions, that's for sure, all right.
Speaker 3: I want to and actually, hold on a second, I want to play something else, sure, which is I want to play a contrast of two different moments in the in debates. Number one, I want to play a segment from a debate back in twenty twelve. Twenty twelve, Joe Biden was vice president and he was debating Paul Ryan, who was the Republican nominee to be vice president.
Speaker 4: He was running with Mitt Romney.
Speaker 3: I want us to play that, and then I want us to play just a clip from Thursday's debate. So in twelve years we'll hear how much it's it's changed. Let's start with this is Joe Biden debating Paul Ryan twelve years ago in twenty twelve.
Speaker 4: Give a listen.
Speaker 7: You can cut text rates by twenty percent and still preserve these important preferences for middle class taxpayers.
Speaker 1: Not mathematically possible.
Speaker 7: It is mathematically possible. It's been done before. It's precisely we're proposing.
Speaker 1: It has never been done before.
Speaker 7: It's been done a couple of times, has never Jack gunnedy Lord, tax race, increased growth, Ronald Reagan, Oh you're Jack Kennon, Ronald Reagan. Republicans and Democrats. Republicans and Democrats. I've worked together on this. You'll under saying, you guys aren't used to doing.
Speaker 1: What we're gonna do. When we did it with Democrat here, we're going to work. We said to fill in the details. That's exactly details. That's how you get things done. You work with Congress. Look, let me say it this way.
Speaker 5: Tom Winfeld Republican Congress working bipartisanly.
Speaker 7: Mitt Ron seven rating.
Speaker 1: Mitt Ron, you listen to that.
Speaker 2: In twenty twelve, that's a guy that was I would argue sharp and I mean I agree with anything he's saying.
Speaker 1: But he was a very good debater that night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Look, he was coming on hard. By the way, twenty twelve is what I was elected. That that was the vice president who swore me in. That's the Joe Biden who I knew, who swore me in and and and you look at his line to to to Paul Ryan.
Speaker 4: Oh, now you're Jack Kennedy.
Speaker 3: I mean, and he's if you watch the video, he's grinning ear to ear. It was very effective. He was sharp, he was engaged, he was back and forth. Now listen to to to just a snippet from from Thursday night, twelve years later.
Speaker 8: You can see he is six foot five and only two hundred and twenty thirty pounds thirty five pounds. Well you said six four two hundred anyway, that's a year. Anyway. Just take a look at what he says he is, and take a look at what he is. Look, I'd be happy to have a driving contest in him. I got my handicap, which when I was vice president down to a six. And but by the way I told you before, I'm happy to play golf. If you carry your own bag, I think you can do it.
Speaker 6: That's the biggest lie.
Speaker 1: He's a six handicap, of all.
Speaker 8: I was an eight handicap now eight. But I you know.
Speaker 1: I've seen this wig.
Speaker 8: I know you Wig.
Speaker 1: President, I mean you hear that.
Speaker 2: And the funny part was he's the one that was like, hey, I'll play golf with you and I'll show you they're not even the same human being.
Speaker 3: No, no, it is dramatically different. And listen, all of us are aging. All of us will shuffle off this mortal coil. We are headed that direction eventually. But different people age at different speeds. And Joe Biden is a very very old eighty one and the diminishment is indisputable. And that's why the Democrat Party and that's why the corporate media are panicking. And let's be clear the cover of Time magazine that the title is panic with Joe Biden walking off the stage, because it is indisputable now and none of the Democrats care that it's a problem that the president isn't fit. They care that politically the voters might be concerned that the president is not fit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, great point there. I want to tell you about a friends over at AMO Squared. If you are like me and you want to make sure you got Amo, and you don't want to overpay for it and you don't want to not have it when there's a next crisis, the next run on Ammo like we saw during COVID, and you're paying three four five x what you were before you got to check out AMO Squared. They're incredible. AMO Squared helps you stock up on ammunition automatically. It's truly automated. Set it, forget it Ammo purchasing program. You pick your calibers, you set your budget, and then you select the shipping trigger and that's it. Now your AMMO grows over time, and the best part is it is stored for free as it builds up and is shipped with a click of a button or automatically whatever you want to do. It's like an ammunition subscription on steroids because you aren't forced into a set budget or forced into a shipment every month, where you got to move around Ammo.
Speaker 1: Ammo Square.
Speaker 2: They offer sixty different caliber ops and if you ever want to get rid of one caliber you've been buying, you can trade it in for another.
Speaker 1: It's actually that easy.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: The other part is this, maybe you get a bunch of AMMO saved up, and you can do this with as little as a few dollars a month. You can use dollar cost averaging to your advantage, and if prices skyrocket and you want that Ammo, you can grab it all or you can sell it back to them for big profits. Everything is managed online using a simple web app. Forget about moving heavy case of Ammo in your garage or your home or where to store it. You can do it all for free at ammo squared with their storage, and you can exchange your inventory from one caliber another in seconds. There's no minimum to buy, no memberships needed, and no extra fees. Customers can buy Ammo on a small budget and then watch it grow over time like a savings account. All you got to do is sign up at amosquared dot com, slash ben, ammosquared dot com slash ben. If you do that, you're going to get free Ammo in your account today. Amosquared dot com slash ben and get free AMO in your account today. Senator, there's another important issue. I know you wanted to bring up. It is one that has not been on the front pages of newspapers, and that doesn't mean it's not important. In fact, it's very important. Explain to us about this significant ruling that came down.
Speaker 3: So last week, the US Supreme Court decided a decision called Lope or Bright Enterprises Versus Raymondo. And what the court did is it overruled a nineteen eighty four decision of the Supreme Court, the Chevron decision, and that was a decision Chevron versus Natural Resources Defense Council. The Chevron decision created something that is called Chevron deference. Now, what is Chevron deference. It was a doctrine that said, the courts will defer to federal agencies on rules and regulations so long as that rule and regulation is quote reasonable. What it did is it gave enormous powers to unelected bureaucrats, and Chevron you can trace in a very direct line the rise of the administrative state, the rise of unelected bureaucrats issuing rules that are incredibly costly to the American people, incredibly harmful to the American people. You can trace that rise to the Chevron doctrine, because when an agency of unelected bureaucrats issued a brand new rule, the courts would enforce that rule and say, well, it's the expert agency, and so we're going to give force to what they say, even if Congress never passed this into law. And so the Court last week overruled Chevron. What that means now is that it is Congress. It's the elected members of Congress that have to make policy decisions that impact the American people, not the army of bureaucrats who have no democratic accountability.
Speaker 2: What type of president that will this have moving forward? And what is a state of corporations as well?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: What it will do is weaken federal regulators. And let's take for example, the facts here. So the facts here concerned a family fishing company, and the federal government issued a regulation that required the family fishing company number one to allow a fishing monitor a person on board their ship, but also forced the family fishing company to pay the salary of the federal fishing monitor, even though the law passed by Congress had no such requirement. So, in other words, this regulator said, okay, you the fisherman, you got to allow a federal bureaucrat on your ship, and you got to pay a salary. Why because we said so, Because we want you to pay a salary. And the court said, well, wait a second. When Congress passed the law, it didn't say that where did you this come up with? Where'd you come up with this? You just made this up. And so in this case I led an amicus brief, a friend of the court brief in the Supreme Court. It was joined by seventeen other senators. Mike Johnson, the Speaker of the House, led an amicus brief in the House of Representatives. Let me read you the first couple of paragraphs of the brief that I filed in the Supreme Court.
Speaker 4: Here's the summary of the argument. Quote.
Speaker 3: The Court should unequivocally abandon the contemporary Chevron deference doctrine because it contradicts Articles one, two, and three of the Constitution. Decades of application of Chevron deference have facilitated the exercise of functions by the executive branch that more properly belong to the legislative and judicial branches. Agencies exploit general or broad terms and statutes to engage in policy making functions of questionable legality, with the assumption that the courts will grant deference and not independently evaluate the lawfulness of those agency interpretations. And then I quote from a dissent of Justice Thomas's quote. The founders expected that the federal government's powers would remain separated and the people's liberty secure only if the branches could check each other. Therefore, the Constitution imposes structural constraints on all three branches and the exercise of power free of those accompanying restraints subverts the design of the Constitution's ratifiers. The Court agreed with the amicus brief that I filed for seventeen senators. It agreed with the amicus brief Mike Johnson, the Speaker the House filed for a number of House members. And the result today is there is more power in the elected members of Congress. And the reason that matters is where power resides. You want it to reside where there's accountability. If Congress votes for an idiotic law that hurts the American people, you know what the voters can do. They can throw the bums out. If an unelected bureaucrat issues a rule that says, I don't know, fishermen, you got to let a bureaucrat on your vote and you got to pay a salary. Well, you know what, you can't fire that bureaucrat. That bureaucrat doesn't run for office, that bureacrat doesn't do town halls, that bureaucrat never sees the people he's hurting. And so this was a victory for democracy and a victory for the Constitution, which of course means democrats and the media are horrified.
Speaker 2: You know, this reminds me so much of the parallels and what you're describing with what we saw with doctor Fauci. A guy elected by no one gets more money than anybody else in the United States government.
Speaker 1: Literally, that's not a joke.
Speaker 2: Making more than the president makes and being able to basically make up and put laws on all of us and certain you know, lockdowns, etc. On all of us and change the entire way we did our life, and there was in essence no checker balance for him. This seems like where the country is moving now, paying attention more to these type of situations.
Speaker 3: Well, and look, we see a whole series of decisions from the Supreme Court that are all about enforcing the Constitution and enhancing democracy.
Speaker 4: You take the.
Speaker 3: Dobbs decision that overturned ROVERSUS weighed what did it do. It moved questions of abortion that are hotly contested that people passionately disagree on. It moved them to the elected branches of government. It moved them to the fifty states, where the citizens of each state could decide what should the rules be in your state? And nobody would expect that Texas would have the same rules that California has because the city since have different values and where there are contested policy issues that ought to be the voters deciding now. Interestingly enough, even though Democrats on the corporate media love talking about how much they want to defend democracy, they are horrified whenever the voters actually get to decide. They want unelected judges deciding so long as they agree with what the judges are deciding, and they want unelected bureaucrats deciding, and they know they're going to agree with that because the bureaucrats are overwhelming the left wing and disconnected from the harms that their rules and regulations are causing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, great point, don't forget. We do this show Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Make sure that you hit that subscribe or auto download button. There's going to be a lot to talk about coming up well in the next several weeks, obviously with Joe Biden, does he stay or does he go?
Speaker 1: What will Democrats do next? We'll cover all of that for you.
Speaker 2: Also, we got the Republican Convention coming up as as well, so you're not gonna want to miss that, and the Sinaerti will be back with you in a couple of days. Don't forget on those in between days. Grab my podcast, so Ben Ferguson Podcasts. I'll keep you up today on the latest breaking news, and we'll see you back here on Wednesday morning.