Speaker 1: Hmm.
Speaker 2: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 3: Cowboys.
Speaker 2: This is Mick Shot screaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys apt now Here are Bill Jones, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 4: Dallas Cowboy.
Speaker 1: Stamp.
Speaker 5: Right, that's right, Producer Supreme, Chris Beam, I wanted to start the show with that, and I'm sitting here there wondering why, and I'm thinking, we've got a schedule. That's right, We've got a schedule. Is that the reason, Producer Supreme?
Speaker 1: No, Yes, it's it is. It's the start of ot AS. Okay, it's that too. In fact, that's practice day.
Speaker 5: That was not only blaring on this podcast and in our headsets, but I bet Producer Supreme was blaring it out on the practice field here because we were about to have football players on a football field for OTAs.
Speaker 3: Man, that would be kind of cool to play that out there while they're practice.
Speaker 6: They would lame as hell, It would be kind of cool.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I saw some lifts moving from equipment around out there, so.
Speaker 5: You're thinking that nothing's going to happen on the practice field because of any conditions.
Speaker 7: To they go indoors.
Speaker 1: Don Okay, well we've got we'll see, but they're supposed to OTAs today.
Speaker 5: Speaking of indoors. By the way, yeah, U Sir Supreme has supplied us with this information today. This is a very big day in the world of high school girls flag football. The championship tournament is at Ford Center right here at the Star in Frisco tonight. We've got to bracket and everything. We're going to be breaking it down here for the next hour here on mixed shots. But seriously, it's been a great thing where they've been playing all spring. Five North Texas school districts have been playing in this spring league and this is Championship Monday for girls flag football in North Texas high schools and playing games start at five thirty tonight. You can come out to Ford Center and check it out because this is the fastest growing sport in America, I think.
Speaker 1: So I'm going to ask you as a question, what do you think the key factor.
Speaker 7: In these teams winning quarterback? Absolutely?
Speaker 1: I watched them during the draft. They were out there playing on it.
Speaker 5: And how many girls would you say, we're out here. Oh, I mean just fun. And they played on the outdoor. These are going to be indoors at Ford Center, but during the spring they would be out here on Saturdays and it was packed with warm ups.
Speaker 1: The whole thing is the first thing I noticed. If you didn't have a quarterback throw the ball.
Speaker 7: You couldn't win.
Speaker 6: You can't win.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it was all I said.
Speaker 5: You know what.
Speaker 1: High school college NFL UFL and now girls flag high school football, you better have a quarterback.
Speaker 6: Well still football, right, it's still football.
Speaker 5: The beautiful thing about this flag football is you don't have to worry about or left tackle either.
Speaker 6: That's a good one.
Speaker 5: Uh yeah. So anyway, that's going on tonight. We got much to get to. Yes, I just came from my grandson's kindergarten graduation. That's why I'm dressed up today. Very nice graduation season. Kindergarty morning oh afterwards, No, No, it was this morning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I went to one this past weekend. It was like nine o'clock in the morning, all of them in the morning.
Speaker 5: Now yeah yeah so, but but it was it kindergarten. No, this was kindergarten graduation.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so they I think they graduate every grade. They have a kindergarten graduation, first grade, second.
Speaker 6: It sounds like a participation in trophy town.
Speaker 5: I think, well, they charged admission, so well, yeah, make money. Yeah, that's right, anyway to make money. But we got so much to get to because we not only had these scheduled release we got.
Speaker 1: That seems like a year ago. We got was last week.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we got league meetings going on this week, and there's topics to talk about there, and we've got ot a's and the next three to four weeks are big around here because of ot as. The next three weeks and the mandatory mini camp and uh, we're just a little over two months away now from reporting to Oxnard, California for training camp July twenty, which is my anniversary. Is it's going to be an issue?
Speaker 6: It's always about Bill.
Speaker 5: Well, it's a big anniversary number forty.
Speaker 6: Oh damn, Yeah, that's nice. Not about you. It's about it.
Speaker 5: I got to figure that out.
Speaker 8: Is always the draft.
Speaker 3: So all right, So where would you like to start Valentine's Day?
Speaker 5: Didn't you double up?
Speaker 6: Yes, that's right, you got them.
Speaker 5: You know, that's a great idea.
Speaker 6: What things?
Speaker 1: My great idea was I didn't want to have to cover the old miss Uh spring game.
Speaker 7: I got married that weekend.
Speaker 6: Things predicated on football, that's right.
Speaker 8: Right, And I've always said, dude gets married during.
Speaker 7: Football, so that's right.
Speaker 5: Nobody, I mean, you can't get married during football.
Speaker 1: And we have a grand tour coming, yes we do.
Speaker 5: It's so distressed, that's right, all right?
Speaker 8: So where do we start?
Speaker 5: Where would you like to start?
Speaker 1: I want to start with the schedule.
Speaker 5: We start with the schedule. And when the schedule came out, I proclaimed that six games stretch has to be there. There has to be no other, no other team in the history of football that has been scheduled a six games stretch with as many wins from the previous season on their opponent's record as this one. And sure enough it was verified by Elias the next day. It wasn't it is the just based on the one loss record for those teams season. That six game stretch that starts with Philadelphia on Thanksgiving week the Sunday before Thanksgiving, continues with Kansas City on Thanksgiving Day, Detroit the following Thursday. See if I got it down, Minnesota the next week, and Chargers the next wee. Yeah, Chargers that I thought it was Sugg. Yeah, Chargers the next week, and then when you get to Christmas Day and Washington, did I miss one in there? Okay? Six games there The combined record of those six games, six teams, six opponents last year eighty one and twenty one. And there has been no six game stretch on a schedule where you've had all opponents in that six games win eleven games or more the previous season.
Speaker 1: What about having to play the two conference champions back to back back back, and so that means three straight division champions Philadelphia, Kansas City, Detroit.
Speaker 5: Right, So why were you waving your arms like I was, because it appeared to be in disagreement. No, No, you were agreed.
Speaker 1: I was getting ready to say.
Speaker 6: What I didn't want you to steal this, Doune.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 8: What I wrote.
Speaker 1: I said somewhere with that stretch, that NFL computer is giggling.
Speaker 8: Because it's like, it can't be. You got seventeen.
Speaker 1: Games, those six, right, six in a row?
Speaker 2: Just like that.
Speaker 1: I'm going, Yeah, somebody's having fun.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: That's always the most difficult part of the season for the Cowboys because of the Thanksgiving game and the scheduling that goes on that time of year.
Speaker 6: So we already had to deal with the scheduling alone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now we're talking about the quality of teams that are within that schedule, which by even double tough.
Speaker 1: Those three, the three to start that in twelve days. Twelve days, that's my point, and the two to end it are in four days.
Speaker 8: Yes, how does that happen?
Speaker 3: You know, they've always laided on us this time of year. They always do. I mean you, I mean serious, It has been this serious. But they've always laden on the schedule makers have always put it to us during this time of year, sometime of our Thanksgiving. It's just that's just the way it is for us. It's been like that for quite some time.
Speaker 6: They have.
Speaker 5: I don't think they've ever scheduled on Thanksgiving Day and opponent quite like Kansas City on Thanksgiving Day. I think you would look at it, think I think you could look through the sixty year history of the game and if everybody's healthy going into that, this will be the most anticipated Thanksgiving Day game ever for the Cowboys.
Speaker 1: We talked about our last show, right, we said, would they put Kansas City on Thanksgiving?
Speaker 8: And it was like well, that.
Speaker 1: Game's so big you're gonna watch on Thanksgiving?
Speaker 8: Guard, I go, yeah.
Speaker 1: But the connection with the Chiefs being here and.
Speaker 5: It's the it's mahomes first NFL game ever at at and T Stadium.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so there was there was reason when they you know, they only play every four years. Yeah, and they were on the road at Kansas City four years ago, and in twenty seventeen, his rookie season, he didn't play.
Speaker 7: Okay, was that the Miles Austin game?
Speaker 5: No, that's going way back.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's farther back.
Speaker 7: Yeah, man, come home, Man.
Speaker 6: What is happening here? Miles?
Speaker 1: He said, I believe we're going back to two thousand.
Speaker 6: And nine, Miles Austin. What is happening?
Speaker 5: Anyway, there's your six game stretch, So that means the Cowboys need to go what the first ten games of the season before you hit that stretch. So, having said all of that, Having said all of that, just because they were all eleven wins or more last year doesn't mean they're going to be that this year. Although I look at those seams and I'm thinking they might be. Well, Minnesota's got a rookie quarterback.
Speaker 1: Can you go seven and three over the first ten.
Speaker 6: You're going to have to I think you should.
Speaker 3: I think you should look forward to doing that because as you get into after November, well Thanksgiving.
Speaker 5: Yeah, November twenty third is when it starts. Okay, what can you go during that six game stretch? You think, can you go three and three during that stretch? And that being the case, if you went seven and three prior to that year to ten wins going into the finale at the Giants.
Speaker 3: You got you gotta look forward to. Uh, others having a tough schedule as well. I mean, you know Philadelphia is not going to have it easy.
Speaker 5: Well, that's the thing is when you look at the NFC East this year and everybody's playing the NFC North and everybody's playing the AFC.
Speaker 3: West, and so that's tough. Yeah, that's tough, And I love it. Philadelphia's going through the same crap we're going through.
Speaker 1: They just don't they just don't have it back to back to back, right, But at some point and they're actually having a tough and actually they're playing a tougher schedule on paper based on last year's record and what the Cowboys are because they're playing the first place schedule, and the Cowboys are playing the third.
Speaker 3: Place and the Cowboys they just happen to be playing all of their tough teams towards.
Speaker 6: The end of the season. And when you still got the Commanders, you.
Speaker 3: Still have Green Bay, you still got Philadelphia at home, but away, I mean, that's.
Speaker 5: And we knew this before, so last wins.
Speaker 6: Yeah, come on, man.
Speaker 1: The Eagles have to play eleven games against playoff teams. So at home, they've got Detroit, the Rams, Denver, and then it's Raiders Chicago. Away they got to play Green Bay, Minnesota, Tampa Bay, Kansas City, the Chargers, and the Bills, so every one of their away games is against the team that went to the playoffs.
Speaker 5: But the real difference is and when you look at division rivals, Okay, there's only three games on each team schedule that's different from the other teams, right, And for the Cowboys because of their third place finished last year, those three games are at the Jets, at the Panthers, and home against Arizona. For the Eagles, those three games are at the Bills, at Tampa Bay, and home against the Rams. So there's the Yeah, the difference in the schedule is in terms of one lost record from last year.
Speaker 6: Well they've got the thanks the Thanksgiving game alone.
Speaker 3: Does that make it any different for other teams as it does make a difference for us the Cowboys. What do you mean You just think we go out to the scheduling itself. Well, having to play on Thanksgiving Day, they.
Speaker 1: Got to play on Thanksgiving Day, they got to play on Christmas Day.
Speaker 7: And I'm not happy about them.
Speaker 3: I mean to me, that just didn't ask me though. To me, that just adds to the difficulty of.
Speaker 9: The schedule, and not only on the road, but on the East Coast because the previous times they played on Christmas they were night games.
Speaker 1: And they two of them were in Phoenix and one was Nashville. And I flew to the games that day like noon, got there for nightday.
Speaker 5: So you were there for Santa Claus who delivered this one meal. So you were there to open presence difficult overnight. Now this time you can't do that.
Speaker 1: Have you ever woke up on Christmas morning in a hotel room.
Speaker 6: I have not. I think you have.
Speaker 7: It sounds sad.
Speaker 6: You hear the whispering my voice.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it happens a lot for college football teams in a Bowl game, but they're amongst friends, family, right, and family is there too?
Speaker 6: Yeah, a lot of times.
Speaker 3: So once again, am I wrong in thinking this that with the Cowboys playing on Thanksgiving Day, doesn't that just add to the.
Speaker 6: The difficulty of this to the South?
Speaker 1: Yea, because he's gonna play You're gonna play the Super Bowl champion on Sunday and the Super Bowl runner up on Thursday.
Speaker 6: Have we ever done it two games? Has it been difficult this stretch right here? Has it ever been that difficult? Six games?
Speaker 5: Elias says that there's never been a six game stretch on the schedule where all six opponents won at least eleven games a year before.
Speaker 6: So we better kick ass doing these first.
Speaker 5: Uh, yeah, you better come out of.
Speaker 6: The seven ten games or whatever.
Speaker 5: Now, one thing about the Thursday is now everybody's playing Thursday games.
Speaker 6: Okay, And that's what I was asking.
Speaker 5: We're looking at multiple but playing four, well, but only two of them are on short.
Speaker 6: Short rest as opposed to the other teams.
Speaker 5: Well, and I'll have to go back and look, there's a number of teams that are playing multiple Thursday. In fact, all of the ones that are playing on Thanksgiving Day or Christmas Day are at some point during the season where there may not be playing on both holidays, but they're playing two Thursday games on short rest.
Speaker 6: So the holidays don't really make a difference, not.
Speaker 5: The holiday, but the difference from the time. Of course, the difference.
Speaker 6: For the holiday, that's a whole different other thing.
Speaker 5: The difference for the Cowboys from past seasons is this is the first time they played two Thursday games in the same season on short rest. They've played two Thursday games, but they've always scheduled it where they play on a week on Thanksgiving and then they play the following Thursday, and so it's not two on short rest.
Speaker 1: So all this notion, by the way Cowboys coming off of seven and ten season, is that they're losing their national appeal right seven nationally televised games.
Speaker 7: That's the most you're supposed to be able to have.
Speaker 1: And playing on well, we knew they'd play on Thanksgiving, but they got chosen to play on washed, i mean Christmas. So what does that say.
Speaker 5: They got chosen to play on the kickoff to the season two. Yes, yes, Thursday.
Speaker 1: So you know, some people need to retrack their their premise that the Cowboys.
Speaker 3: We still got the baby, still look good and lipstick.
Speaker 6: We look good with lipstick, are we?
Speaker 1: And by the way, from from a season ticket standpoint, I remember Stephen Jones pointed out that they had ninety nine renewals of their season tickets. Go online and try to find a single game ticket available. I looked at like three games.
Speaker 6: Well, let me let me say and it was standing. Let me say that the.
Speaker 3: Cowboys, I don't think they have the appeal of uneven matchups such as if the Cowboys you know so much better than let's say, with Carolina, that that appeal isn't there playing someone like Carolina, or maybe playing someone like.
Speaker 6: The Jets if they continue to flail the way they are.
Speaker 3: But if you, if you have us matched up against quality teams, that's where it gets to be so intriguing for the fans and for TV.
Speaker 1: Well, how about having a Monday night game against Arizona to get you all fired up? Yeah, but they are they are right.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't think it would. I wouldn't think it would.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't think it it would compare to playing against Detroit or playing against on NBC. I don't think I wouldn't think it would compare to that.
Speaker 5: I mean even the first if you were concerned about home versus road, the first six games, four of them.
Speaker 10: Are on the road.
Speaker 5: That you better be ready to play and you better be able able to win on the road. These are winnable games at Chicago, at the Jets, at the Panther.
Speaker 3: The only way you're going to win on the road is with a running game and with defense. So the only way you're going to consistently win.
Speaker 1: What they did at Pittsburgh last year, remember that, you know, And there was a I saw a lot of worries about having.
Speaker 5: To help the fields.
Speaker 6: Was a quarterback.
Speaker 3: They have tones field, we can't put all on fields. He got offensive line.
Speaker 1: Well, I saw a lot of worries about having to open against Philadelphia, And I'm going, you know what, let's go, let's go, you know, go in the locker room right now and just put Eagles on the video board and and put it out on the field, because you better get your butt ready to play football, right And if you need some extra incentive, if opening on the first day of the NFL season isn't enough, you got to play.
Speaker 8: The Eagle, Come on go.
Speaker 1: And it's like, well, you know, and you got a new coaching staff and a new coordinator. This is new. I go, yeah, and Philadelphia, you doesn't know what right or what he's gonna do.
Speaker 6: They can only think they have it.
Speaker 1: They're gonna show anything in those three preseason games.
Speaker 8: Are you serious?
Speaker 1: They may not even.
Speaker 6: Play monoculars outside looking for spy because we're.
Speaker 3: Gonna have something new for But when you when you look at this team, they're going to.
Speaker 6: Have to have.
Speaker 3: First of all, we gotta have talent. You have to believe in your team having talent. We picked up some talent. We picked up Pickings. I saw the interview the other day. I hope it's not just hype. But I'm sure you saw it. CD and Pickings at the same spot. I don't know where they were. They wear a game or something, and CD was blagging on Pickings. Pickings blagging on CD. That's the kind of stuff you like to see. I hope it stays true because if you have guys that admire each other like that, expect each other like that, then it doesn't matter who gets to cook right, it doesn't matter. We're not gonna have any issues in that regard. As far as personality, is concerned. We have talent on this team now, a little bit better talent than.
Speaker 6: We had last year.
Speaker 3: I believe, especially the potential because a lot of them now are younger.
Speaker 6: It's younger talent. But I don't know about the beginning of the season.
Speaker 3: Once we get these guys back from these injuries and the acls and all of that, we're gonna have to be ready to go by Let's say the Commander's game, the first Commander's game, uh here at home.
Speaker 5: Which is October nineteenth, which is the seventh game of the season.
Speaker 3: We gotta be We're gonna we're gonna be I think we're gonna be struggling una til that.
Speaker 6: I don't think we'll have our team.
Speaker 5: We can't be struggling. If we got a six game stretch coming up Thanksgiving, this we gotta rack up wins.
Speaker 6: I go. You don't know.
Speaker 3: It's not gonna be easy, guys, It's not gonna be easy. This team is gonna struggle coming out. I'm sorry, they're gonna struggle coming out. You just gotta be ready for now those knocks that they're gonna take, that's okay, that's okay. Don't be scared. Bill don't be afraid, because you're gonna be ready. Now remember iron sharp as iron. You don't remember, Come on, you gotta be ready for that.
Speaker 5: You just talk about September football, and September football is not like November football.
Speaker 6: No, it is better.
Speaker 5: They better. They need to treat September football like November football. It's gonna be hard.
Speaker 3: To do when you got you got guys still trying to ramp up outside. Okay, let's just be real. We got guys ramping up. Okay, let's say about Green Bay. You're still gonna have guys ramping up. That's the fourth game green You're still gonna.
Speaker 6: Have guys ramping up outside. Okay, let's just be real about that.
Speaker 1: You got four bowl games before you hit November.
Speaker 5: Which bunch of those Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Green Bay, May Washing Washington, and Denver.
Speaker 1: In Denver, you all get playoff teams from last year.
Speaker 3: Now, how do you think a seven and ten team is gonna do against all playoffs?
Speaker 5: Now, that was a seven and ten team that didn't have its quarterback though, yes, really ten games in the season because he got hurt the tenth.
Speaker 7: Game, that's right, So they're gonna sneak up on people.
Speaker 6: They better, they better tiptoe.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be no.
Speaker 7: I'm not going to use that idealogy.
Speaker 6: Please don't. If you question it then.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right, Okay, we're just getting started here. There's some things going on at the league meetings this week that we need to address. It also affects divisions and schedules, and that sort of thing could be highly controversial when mixed shots continues in a.
Speaker 10: Moment, Cowboys Football and Miller Lite. What a pairing can cracks? A kickoff? Tailgate's going way past post game Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday Morning Swagger, Risky and the Smoker, Miller Lte and the Clue, America's team playing America's greatest sport. Miller Light, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football taste like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly. Twenty twenty three, Miliberun Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 11: How do you tell the world about all the great gifts in the Yetti Store? Letter Rip Troy?
Speaker 12: All right, folks, let's get started with the Yeddi, French Press and Jeor calby this Day's Hot Frivurs and French Press thirty four as for U six four for the cruise of yetty French press. What mixed waterproof bags? Bags of waterproof some and where's the waterproof double's water prove bag? Bagsports mostly water should get a water prove YETI bag. Don't smell something cooking, poh new cast iron skillets made to be passed down like marbles recipes. Take a state cornback, commerce pot pie and potatoes next over with three sizes of the Yetti cast iron.
Speaker 11: Skillers, gear gifts and product experts. Visit the Yetti store on McKinney Street and at South Lake Town Square Today.
Speaker 13: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 4: Kitchen slid for the first down.
Speaker 13: Invest like your icons where everyone is a rookiean crypto with blockchain dot Com perfect.
Speaker 4: Throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 13: Visit blockchain dot Com Slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 14: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 1: Demiced shots.
Speaker 3: Get excited for the most dazzling DCC experience yet. Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders on Tour is coming to a theater near you. Witness live performances, enjoy on stage Q and a session, and even be part of a live audition.
Speaker 6: If you're in Dallas, San Antonio, Austin, Midland, or El.
Speaker 3: Paso, mark your calendar and for those dates and tickets, visit Dallascowboys Cheerleaders dot com slash tour.
Speaker 5: Okay, very good, some reason my headset's not working.
Speaker 6: Could you hear me? Fine?
Speaker 7: I can hear Okay, I'll just live with it. Then I'm right here.
Speaker 5: Okay, but neither one I got dead set on. Okay, so just.
Speaker 7: Take them off.
Speaker 5: You probably could hear me, I can hear you fine, And I heard producers supreme too right before that, and then all of a sudden, I couldn't hear ever since. Okay, you're aware of what's going on with these little winter meetings, yes, I mean a spring meetings league meetings in Minneapolis which start tomorrow. What what intrigues you about it?
Speaker 1: To see maybe what they decide on eliminating Australian rules football from the game.
Speaker 7: Mean push, no, every push?
Speaker 1: Okay, get rid of all the pushes. Don't don't just say tush push five yards down the field and you're pushing the running back another five yards three offense.
Speaker 6: That kind of gets the offensive lineman excited.
Speaker 1: You don't like that, No, it's not.
Speaker 6: I mean I'm not talking about the tush push.
Speaker 1: I mean, like that's that's because if you do that, then you're not saying I'm penalizing one team, right, because everybody's saying, oh, they're penalizing the Eagles because they're good at it. No, get rid of all. That's the way U when you played there was no football. There was no pushing when you played.
Speaker 3: But they did allow they had stopped it, Yes they did, and then they let it come back, right, and now they're trying to stop it again.
Speaker 1: Well I'm saying they should. I don't know.
Speaker 6: They're not talking about that.
Speaker 1: No, they're going to talk about it because it got represented. So it wasn't like, well, the Packers are pissed because the Eagles tush pushed them, and it's not about to me, it shouldn't be about one play. It should be about all the pushing.
Speaker 5: And it sounds like they're going to do something about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, I think so, and they need to. Somebody's get that pushing stuff is going to get hurt. It happens on the goal line, doesn't it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but nobody's gotten hurt yet.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I know, I know it.
Speaker 3: Just I think, why not adopted or adopted? Why not adopted the push tush push instead of getting.
Speaker 7: Rid of it?
Speaker 1: So which team? It was a playoff game right where they had like three off sides in a row because they were gambled.
Speaker 5: Washing Washington.
Speaker 6: They kept going cut.
Speaker 1: They just had on myine NFL network. When he became an American citizen, he's from.
Speaker 7: Samoa, I think.
Speaker 1: But anyway, Yeah, so at one point they had to point out do it one more time and it's a touchdown. So yeah, do we need that because that's what you should do. What do you have to lose if you're at the one yard line? Oh you're off sides? Okay, it's half a yard. Oh you're off sides.
Speaker 3: Now you're saying that's where the injuries could come, where everyone's just selling out.
Speaker 1: Could to jump over the shop, right, because they're not. They're not eliminating jumping over the top.
Speaker 6: If I would, I'd be offended because I have something that works for me.
Speaker 1: I understand.
Speaker 8: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: It needs to be.
Speaker 1: Presented the way I did, not punishing Philly. You're punishing all the pushing going.
Speaker 6: On, but you're punishing Philly.
Speaker 1: Well, right, it's just.
Speaker 5: Part of it, right, Because they've got a quarterback who can squat six hundred pounds.
Speaker 8: Well, and that's that.
Speaker 3: But the recruiting they got the guy they wanted to do the things they want.
Speaker 1: But a quarterback sneak will with him will probably be equally effective.
Speaker 5: I think so too, right that it won't be as effective.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know because that now they don't.
Speaker 3: Know why it won't be as effective because we're trying to change the rules right now. So that means it is damn effective, right, I mean, so it's more effective now. I mean the percentage of it working with push versus without, it's better with If I'm I'm speaking as Philadelphia Eagles.
Speaker 6: Here, right, and so i'd be I'd be upset.
Speaker 3: Well, because you guys are personally attacking something that we came up with and my my coaching staff came up with that just happens to be elite.
Speaker 1: I don't care where on the field. If it's third and short, I'm or fourth and short, I'm playing the percentages. I'm jumping to the snap and if they get it, they get it because chances are the percentage says they're going to get it anyway, right, they can't stop it.
Speaker 5: Well, here's what Frankie Luvu said about it. It's kind of like a cheap o play. That's pretty much a scrum and rugby. That's why I kind of look at it, and we've got to have a scrum two on the other side. And the scrum is we have a cadence where we all go at once. It's not like you hard count and this and that where now you're getting us or myself jumping over the pile thinking that you're going to snap the ball. That's just my own personal opinion. I'm going to leave it at that.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe what they need to do is bring out a rope and play tuggle war.
Speaker 5: So if you're going to run or the there's no instead of if you're going to run the play, yes, you've got to run the play, there's no cadence, there's no the quarterback doesn't signal for the snap of the ball, the referee does, you got one three go.
Speaker 6: That way.
Speaker 5: There's no advantage.
Speaker 1: Because going forwards easier than trying to push backwards. Right, So I think that's one of the things that they're that will be probably the main and.
Speaker 3: They'll probably out voted, but I mean they'll vote it out right.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm thinking, which is why I think they're bringing.
Speaker 3: It back because there are not many people speaking for the push push.
Speaker 6: There's not many people speaking for it at all, just Jefferson.
Speaker 1: And Siriani in this home here.
Speaker 5: Okay, what about the playoff seating that they're talking about, meaning meaning best records are seated one through four, not Winvision champion, not get the top four seed if they don't have the one of the top four records. I got a big problem with this, for or against. I keep it the way it is.
Speaker 1: Yes, me too. It's an vision game because if you are going to just seed by record.
Speaker 5: You might as well throw out the divisions. You don't have divisions, right, Well, it's the NBA, now. I never in the NBA. I never look at the divisions when I'm looking at the playoffs, That's right, I only go to the conference. Right. Why do you even there's no even a reason to have them by division there now. The only reason to have the divisions is for scheduling purposes, which is the precise reason that it makes no sense to do it by one loss record, because certain divisions have a tougher schedule than other divisions have.
Speaker 1: In the paper, when they run the NBA standings, just run the conference because I don't.
Speaker 6: Want to have to try.
Speaker 5: That's exactly what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: One two, Oh, there's the cutoff, and that'll.
Speaker 5: Be what it is. In the NFL, there is no reason to have division standings. It would be just be conference standing.
Speaker 1: But again, at least in the NBA, you're sort of playing everybody in the night if you don't play everybody.
Speaker 5: And so if they do this, then they need to do away with the way they've been scheduling games and scheduling it very effectively to make it very competitive for years, and they need to just draw names, draw names out of a hat, and schedule that way. If you're going to do it this way, no case in point is this year. We talked about it earlier. The NFC East is playing the NFC North and the AFC West this year. So what are the odds that an NFC East team is going to win fourteen games this year? It's going to be very difficult for any of them too, because they're assuming that the teams are essentially the same as they last year. But I mean, you can do this for any for any year. So the divisions are not scheduled, the schedules are not the same for all the divisions.
Speaker 3: It's what's the devil's advocate? What's the devil's advocate for changing uh? The present format?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 6: Why would someone want to change it? Why are they're voting against.
Speaker 5: It because they feel like they feel like they just like this past year, you had Minnesota and Detroit who had and only one of those could be a division champion, Detroit, So Minnesota had.
Speaker 6: To go on the road.
Speaker 5: That's actually and they lost Troit. That's proposing it exactly right, And that's one of the reasons. Well, they would have played at home and they if they went at home field, event.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they would play.
Speaker 15: Well, how about Detroit, what did Detroit do? They got They got beat by Washington, right exactly. And so if you're good enough to go win on the road, you go win on the road. Dallas did it at Tampa Bay a couple of years ago.
Speaker 1: This schedule aren't equitable.
Speaker 16: So if they did it last year, two of the division winners would have not had to play on the road.
Speaker 1: If they did it last year, does that make sense?
Speaker 16: So yeah, so last year, the top four would have been Detroit, Philly. Okay, Detroit got the first round, by it'd be Philly, and then Minnesota was fourteen and three and Washington was twelve and five, so Washington would have got a home game, and then it would have been Green Bay would have been the next seed, which was the worst seed in the conference, and then Tampa and the Rams were the bottom two.
Speaker 1: So the two division winners would be the bottom.
Speaker 6: Two teams in the six and seven seeds.
Speaker 5: How does that make sense?
Speaker 1: So the NFL's idea of the meek shall inherit kind of blows away this saying the divisions don't count because it's not equitable, so you got to do it by division. There's no other way around it.
Speaker 6: Well, that that's that probably will be voted down.
Speaker 5: The change we'll see.
Speaker 7: Yeah, hopefully it'll be voted down because it's it's just not Yeah.
Speaker 5: It depends it's working great the way it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so much depends on which division you're playing.
Speaker 3: So you got everybody in Minnesota they want to they want to vote this down. Probably the ones that were they had to play effected, Yeah, negatively.
Speaker 1: I think those are probably the two main things. I don't know that they've got another rule change or anything. There may be an emphasis of something, so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so those are the two main I would think so things on the document.
Speaker 1: So with the old tas starting today, we get to meaning the media type get to watch one of one of the three each week and our.
Speaker 7: Day is tomorrow. But by the way, before we leave this.
Speaker 5: I had looked this up. Okay, when Dallas went to play Tampa Bay two years ago in the playoffs or win the Dallas what twenty twenty two seasons?
Speaker 6: That what it was?
Speaker 5: Dallas finished second the division, had a twelve and five record. Tampa Bay won the NFC South with an eight and nine record. Okay, so that would be a great case for, well, why do we have to go play on the road against a team that went eight and nine and we're sitting here at twelve and five? Are we complaining about it? You go to Tampa and you win.
Speaker 3: With a super Bowl Hall of Fame qull the bet and against one, And.
Speaker 5: That's a great case for if you're good enough, you go.
Speaker 7: On the road, right, you know?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I'm not sure. If it's not weather related, going on the road shouldn't be that difficult. I don't care if you've got sixty thousand people there and fifty five thousand or cheering, you know against you, you're so far away, right, It's not like hockey or basketball when everybody's right on top of you.
Speaker 5: But to your point, the equitable way that the NFL has designed their whole season, their schedule is based on the divisions and you are throwing that out the window. If you're going to throw those records out the window and say, okay, a team from the NFC South or the NFC West because they have a better record well than the NFC East team or whatever it might be.
Speaker 1: Then don't play two games against your division opponents, just playing one, I got to say, and add three games from other divisions.
Speaker 3: I have to push back on you. As far as playing on the road in football, you.
Speaker 1: Think it makes that bigger difference, It makes.
Speaker 6: It makes a big difference. It can make a big difference.
Speaker 3: I just think of certain arenas such as Super the Super Bowl, the Super Dome, right Domino Orleans that that.
Speaker 1: But almost everybody has an indoor facility.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's it's them a dating Well those are the people, yes, I know, And.
Speaker 6: They're a loud as hell. And when you get in there, man, and and and everything is just concentrated on the field itself. You can feel it.
Speaker 3: I don't care if it's hockey, basketball, football is no different.
Speaker 6: You can feel it. If that team is really filed up enough.
Speaker 3: You go into a remember r f K Stadium, that was not a nice place to be when those stands start moving in the in the in.
Speaker 6: The end zone.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but you weren't watching that.
Speaker 6: I could see it. You could see it.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: If you start looking around when especially when they started whipping y ass and you start looking at rights.
Speaker 5: What I was about to say, You talk about getting off to a good start in the season, you better get off to a good start in that game. In the game, the walls will start.
Speaker 6: That's it, man.
Speaker 1: The hard part was when they turned the hot water off after the game.
Speaker 6: That was the worst, the worst.
Speaker 1: On Garrison told water was so cold. We played them in December. I just rore my uniform back on the charter flight. I wasn't getting in the shower.
Speaker 5: Okay, We're going to come back and look at more of Vicky's legal pad and what he's got written on there, and I'm going to fix my headset during the break or producer Supreme is and we're back with more mix shots in just a moment.
Speaker 3: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the Team Hotel, Attend the best tail gay party in Texas, Tour the Star and talk x'es and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tools, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 13: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm dok Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. But lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 4: Slides for the first down.
Speaker 13: Investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 4: Perfect throw My goodness, Wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 13: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 6: Star Sports Tools is the only.
Speaker 3: Official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the Team hotel, attend the best tailgate party in Texas, Tour the Star and talk ex's and o's with me Everson Wallas. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package.
Speaker 6: Today.
Speaker 10: Cowboys football and Miller Lite. What a pairing can cracks?
Speaker 6: A kickoff?
Speaker 10: Tailgate's going way past postgame Sunday Night overtimes, followed by Monday Morning Swagger, Brisket and the Smoker. Miller Lite and the Cluck, America's team playing America's greatest sport. Miller Lite the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football tastes like Miller Time, celebrate responsibly. Twenty twenty three Miller Brown Company, fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 1: Devict shuts.
Speaker 6: Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 3: The twenty twenty five Dallas Cowboys schedule is officially here and limited tickets are available now. Get ready to bring the noise as you watch your Dallas Cowboys live at at and T Stadium when they host NFC rivals Eagles, Giants and Commanders plus the Packers, Chiefs, Chargers, Vikings and Cardinals.
Speaker 6: Visit Dallascowboys dot.
Speaker 3: Com s last tickets or seat geek dot com, the official primary ticketing partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: News that also happened just prior to the weekend. In case she missed it. Rock Purdy is going to be a San Francisco forty nine er for the foreseeable future. No trade clause in that five year contract that puts him in the top ten average per year salaries.
Speaker 7: Fifty three million a year.
Speaker 6: He deserves it. He did well, got.
Speaker 7: One hundred and eighty million guaranteed, so.
Speaker 6: He deserves it.
Speaker 5: Breaking news from Philadelphia this morning, the Philadelphia Eagles have agreed on a multi year extension with head coach Nick Sirianni on that Yeah, okay, all right, your turn.
Speaker 1: My turn.
Speaker 3: No stars turn stars, turn stars turn. Come on, man, we got to talk about these guys.
Speaker 17: You can't believe I had to watch that game on my phone. Why I I was helping with the East Dallas Exchange Clubs yearly fundraising dinner and I had a part in it. And so which by the way, Timmy Newsom was there, and he said to tell Everson High, Okay, you.
Speaker 6: Got a part.
Speaker 1: They were honoring, uh Drew Pearson.
Speaker 7: Oh okay, yeah, yeah, Drew was great.
Speaker 6: They had always.
Speaker 1: They had Dale Hansen and Brad Sham interviewing Drew.
Speaker 6: So I they came back for that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, he shows up for that every year. I stole one of Brad's plan lines when I had to talk about why I do this or whatever, and I said, oh, and by the way, Drew talked about that one hundred and fifty dollars signing bonus. He got seventy five of it, he told When his wife asked him, how much did you get, he said, I told her seventy five dollars because I took the other seventy five to the athletic door and took all the boys out drinking. I remember him telling me that story.
Speaker 6: So so talk to him. Did you enjoy the match even though it was on your phone?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I watch a lot of games on my phone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but not when you got people around. You can't like start screaming or whatever. Right.
Speaker 5: You know where you get in trouble is when you go to a wedding and there's a game on, yeah, and you're watching. I've done that before.
Speaker 8: The good thing it wasn't It wasn't my own daughters.
Speaker 6: It was like that there's a commercial out there like that. By the way, Oh yeah, yeah, wedding watching.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'll be there at the for sure. At the wedding reception. I got my I don't have my phone. I bring my iPad for that. Gotta set up on our table. We're watching a football but you shouldn't. You shouldn't have scheduled a wedding in football season.
Speaker 5: Right, This is the price, just how I go.
Speaker 1: Good thing for me was the two guys or the couples that were sitting next to me at the table.
Speaker 7: They were wanted, I must score. Where's it atten?
Speaker 1: I'm going okay, they understand it if I shout or something, and I.
Speaker 3: Think, just the the most amazing thing about them is I saw these guys flailing at the end of the season.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't go. The Mini Stars game.
Speaker 5: Went on into the playoffs. The first part of the first round of the playoffs too, they were really struggling.
Speaker 6: I remember the Jets whipping our butts for nothing.
Speaker 1: I was there, man, I just I keep going back and I had to watch two more for nothing.
Speaker 6: Man. It was crazy, And so you sit there and think, how can you There was no momentum going into the playoffs at all, But then you got your playoffs back.
Speaker 5: You know what. The Rangers did the exact same thing when they won the World Series. They were flailing like crazy in September and then all of a sudden they got it going when they had to get going. So there's a lesson to be learned.
Speaker 3: Well, if you get your players back, huh had and then they didn't. They acquire a player from.
Speaker 1: Another team at the trade.
Speaker 5: Here's the deal, here's the deal with what the Stars did. We're all going crazy about Luca getting traded to the Lakers. The very same day that Luca got traded to the Lakers, Jim Nil the Stars, GM acquired Mikyle Grassland from Yes and he's had a hat trick last week, the boy first the same day, and then a month later he acquired Miko Ranton And well, we're still distraught over the Luca trade, and all of a sudden, this this GM on the other side of the building is acquiring a Stanley Cup. Meanwhile, basically, what if the Cowboys.
Speaker 1: What if the Cowboys made it traded and gave away three years of first round picks and then they win the draft lottery, right yeah, and then when the draft lottery. Uh, the big the big difference for the Stars going forward now is Miro Haskinning can play his normal amount of minutes. And it showed in this last game. He was out there, he was carrying the puck.
Speaker 6: And he's a defense obviously four okay.
Speaker 1: The defenseman that can skate the puck out of their zone.
Speaker 5: It proves Nico right. Defense wins championships, right.
Speaker 1: So we started on Wednesday night.
Speaker 5: I'll be there against Edmonton.
Speaker 6: Edmonton we have a chance.
Speaker 5: Lost last year in the conference final to him, and this is the third straight year the Stars have been in the conference final. I haven't got past this point. So here we are.
Speaker 1: Don't kick as the goaltender has to be as good as he was in this He's always good.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 1: Since we're on other stuff, how about Scottie Scheffler.
Speaker 6: Can he Can he lose?
Speaker 1: That's unbelievable.
Speaker 6: Can he lose?
Speaker 5: There's two golfers.
Speaker 6: He was fussing the whole, the whole Thursday and Friday.
Speaker 1: Just I know. And then he struggled at Sunday because he shot par and he ended up winning by five, six strikes.
Speaker 5: He won by five he missed a putt on eighteen what he had a six stroke lead. He's the only the second golfer ever amazing to win and you may be thinking of something else, Okay, but he's the second golfer ever to win multi consecutive tournaments by five or more strokes. Tiger did it twice in his career. Scheffler won two weeks ago.
Speaker 6: Now at the.
Speaker 5: Field wasn't anywhere near a major field when they played at the Buyer Nelson two weeks ago. Uh, and he won by eight strokes.
Speaker 3: Would you compare him if you compare his field to when Tiger did it, you know, but.
Speaker 5: I can't remember the tournaments that Tiger did it, and it was I think one of them was a major. But anyway, and so I would I'm gonna no offense to the CJ Cup Buyer Nelson, but I would imagine the field that Tiger played against was more competitive than Stella what the Nelson has these days.
Speaker 1: Well, the eye opener was three major championships before at the by the age of twenty eight, and the only other two guys to do it was Jack Nicholas and Tiger Woods.
Speaker 5: And the list is short. He's won He's now won fifteen PGA Tour events and the list is very short. About five or six golfers who have done that before age twenty nine.
Speaker 3: You think if Ham wouldn't have flailed at the end, you think he would have yeah, Rom.
Speaker 1: Rom, Yeah, yeah, well you got you gotta can't flail, you can't.
Speaker 8: You can't.
Speaker 1: Can't hit the water twice in three.
Speaker 5: So yeah, if he wouldn't have played, it felt.
Speaker 6: I felt very good about that for some strange reason. I don't know. I just like, yeah, that's what I would do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, you know the lesson there is you go play in the live events, live or whatever you want to call it.
Speaker 6: I said live, you.
Speaker 1: Got to play four rounds in the PGA, not three.
Speaker 6: So oh they only play three? Yeah, I did not know that.
Speaker 1: Come on, big boy, you got to play four. Can't shoot whatever.
Speaker 15: You But they make a lot more money fewer rounds.
Speaker 5: Unless you win the few tournaments. And Scheffler's playing Colonial this week too.
Speaker 1: Is it really could have three straight weeks of the local people.
Speaker 6: Go to Colonial anymore?
Speaker 4: Do they?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: They still draw? You know it's an easy drive, Rahim, Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yes, I was thinking.
Speaker 5: The issue for the local tournaments now is the well, the issue for the Byron Nelson they haven't been able to find a home course.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: You know, it was very popular for fans back in the day when it was enterving at the Las Colina Sports Club, but it was but from a party standpoint, the pavilion, it was a thing that it was an event, and there's a lot of people that would go to the event that would never didn't realize there's a golf tournament going on.
Speaker 3: Okay, my mother said that we're having golf yet he was feeling.
Speaker 5: And also the field was much better then because of the respect they had for Byron when he was okay, And so then what's happened since then has been sad. I think it will eventually get traction again. But the issue that both tournaments are having right now is they've moved the PGA to May, and it was an August tournament and now that since they moved it to May, every the player's schedules are well, they're they're scheduled around that major. And if you're playing, like in the case of the Colonial, they're playing the week after the PGA Championship, there's a lot of golfers that are taking a week off, you know. UH, and Colonial has traditionally been it's an old traditional golf course and UH until they revamped it here last year. Uh, and made it more conducive to the bombers on the tour now. Uh. You know a lot of golfers didn't want to play there because they didn't think their game fit Colonial, but some did like it.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 5: So, But it's always been a great tournament and a great event to go to a Colonial.
Speaker 1: It's easy to walk, Yeah, much easier.
Speaker 3: We played there, You have played there Colonial before before the new.
Speaker 5: Guy guy guys you have to have a guy.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: It's a very gallery friendly.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 5: As far as being able to walk around and see stuff.
Speaker 1: All right, ot as, what what are you curious about that might be revealed in an o TA practice where they're really not allowed to compete like DB's can't. I was going to play the ball.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, if they can't play the ball, that's one thing. I am just curious about how we're looking in regards to our our lineup. I'm like, who's playing where? I'm curious about Carson. I'm curious about how he's doing.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: You know, we know about the guys with the with the injuries and the and the a c LS.
Speaker 6: Not worried about that, but who's the backups who's who's uh, who's going to be the new Jordan Lewis? You know who's going to be there?
Speaker 1: Which is something that they have to solve. I was gonna ask what one so uh on Friday when I wrote my column, I did it.
Speaker 7: I as.
Speaker 1: Because Mike McCarthy said this last year, and I think it prevails this year that the biggest and improvement from the team had to become from within. You know, you can rely on draft choices with their draft choices, but if you're really going to improve and you don't spend millions of dollars in free agency, then you're depending on some guys to elevate their play from within. So right off top of your head, who do you want to see take that next step up? Because I got about a half dozen of them that I got in mind.
Speaker 6: Markey's Bell, Okay, Marquis.
Speaker 3: I want to see how Marquis is going to do recovering from the sea, from the season in the surgery.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: I want to see if we can find a place for him instead of him just filling in where we need him.
Speaker 7: Okay, So I want.
Speaker 3: To see if he's I want to see if he I still see him as a strong safety. I see him as a safety, so a lot of as a linebacker.
Speaker 1: A lot of his is going to be opportunity. Yes, you can't step up if you don't get the opportunity.
Speaker 3: Well, I think he earned an opportunity because of he sacrificed his body. What was that two years ago trying to play linebacker. I know, and I think he clearly stepped up for the team, did the best he could, got rid of cued for it, got injured. I think if they can't come back and put him in the right position, he can make some plays along the same line as and sometimes Wilson. I need to see more from Wilson, but I think he can play the safety just as well as Wilson can.
Speaker 7: Bill, you got somebody in mind?
Speaker 5: Always come back to Joe Milton. I want to see Joe Milton.
Speaker 7: Don't you.
Speaker 6: Don't know what?
Speaker 1: Don't you want to see a veteran signed.
Speaker 5: That's that's why I want to see Joe Milton. I want to see what he's got to figure out. Whether because I thought all along that they need to sign a veteran backup quarterback, they don't have one right now. I mean, they got Will Greer something, but one that has played a number of games now I do. I'm not lamenting the fact that Cooper Rush is no longer here. I think that no offense to Cooper Rush. But I'm good with going with a different quarterback than Cooper Rush is the backup. I'm just curious whether Joe Milton is the guy or not, because I don't think Will Greer has shown in his career, and he's thirty years old that right is the guy. So I'm surprised that they haven't don't have another veteran.
Speaker 1: Guy in here, but it's only May, it is, and there's still guys out there. There's not many, but there guys, and there's guys out there that have won games in the NFL, like more than one.
Speaker 16: So it'll be fun to watch August sixteenth their bill. While you're calling that game, it's right, Why.
Speaker 5: What's wrong with August ninth and August twenty second? Why do we oh, oh, you're talking Cooper Rush. Cooper Rush against Milton. It's right versus Joe Milton on Saturday, August sixth.
Speaker 1: To find out who the better. What about when they play Atlanta their backup quarterback might be playing Kirk Cousins wouldn't that, Okay, Uh, I've got a couple guys that I got in mind.
Speaker 7: One of them.
Speaker 1: If if they're going to make a difference at the cornerback position and not bring in a veteran guy, which I still think they will do between Kayir Elam and Kaylan Carson, somebody has to take the next step because they need help because there's no guaranteed Trayvon Diggs is ready for the start of the season, right and if he's not, then.
Speaker 8: I need an outside guy and I need a guy in.
Speaker 7: The slot ready either he has a chance.
Speaker 6: He has a chance.
Speaker 1: Just watching him do some of his rehab, he's moving along pretty well. Probably starts training camp on pop just to give him some time to you know, get in football shape.
Speaker 7: But which is also.
Speaker 1: Now that they have a Thursday opener, they're reporting the training camp a day earlier than they had planned because you got to go through your ramp up and I think they want a weekend of like real football out there. But one of those corners really needs to step up, and another guy, Luke schoon Maker tight end because okay, Jake Ferguson played through injuries last year he looks like he's good to go, but I need that number two guy.
Speaker 7: If I'm going to be.
Speaker 1: Bullish on using two tight end offense, it's got to be more than just a guy that goes in and blocks.
Speaker 6: I thought he tried last year to show some diversity. He did.
Speaker 5: He got an opportunity when Ferguson was hurt.
Speaker 1: And so if this guy, if he can come on and you have a too tight offense, that's that versatile. I think that really helps the offense.
Speaker 3: I've always said about whatever about the generation or whatever, I just know it may not have anything to do with generational.
Speaker 6: It's just individuals.
Speaker 3: I just remember coming up, every player that was on the team.
Speaker 6: If you're called on to start.
Speaker 1: No excuses, right, you made the roster, You.
Speaker 3: Made the roster. We're not looking for you to just be a special team guy. Ron Fellows. Ron Fellows came in. He was he was very young and you know, inexperienced a cornerback. And then when Dennis Terman went down, Ron Fellows, you know, he wasn't Dennis Deterrman, but he stepped up as a starting corner bats.
Speaker 1: What you get with University of Missouri?
Speaker 6: Why did I step.
Speaker 3: Into that way. But I mean that was the mentality. That was the mentality of it all. Whoever stepped in.
Speaker 6: I didn't look at Ron Fellows as a backup who came in and started.
Speaker 3: I looked at him as a as a starter. He played as a starter, no excuses. And with these guys, you know, I don't want to hear it. I don't want to hear it. I come up with injury, I'm doing it. When you get out there and play, you gotta play like a starter. Don't play scared. You know you can get beat man. I remember my rookie, you get beat, beat beat, but then you gotta still play. Eventually, you gotta make the play. I mean, you can't just flail the whole game. You can't flail your whole year.
Speaker 5: That's what dron Bland did.
Speaker 3: He came in and played right. He came and he played, he balled out. That's the kind of players you want.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't sign anyone that didn't have that mentality.
Speaker 1: And my other guy that has to take that next step, Tyler Goydon, because he's your left tackle and you don't have really an alternative there. Now, there were times he played well there was times that showed that he was inexperienced playing, and.
Speaker 6: There were times when he was picked on.
Speaker 1: So now it's like, okay, if if you play the way you need to play, then that offensive line is.
Speaker 3: Can't play like last year, Right, you cannot. You have to improve, right, you have to improve.
Speaker 1: And you know when they chose him, it wasn't about his immediate contribution.
Speaker 7: It was this guy's got the skills to.
Speaker 3: Cause if Bill pointed out that he didn't have much playing time at all, ou.
Speaker 1: And he didn't, And now okay, it's time. And if you solidify, if he plays at a level that you really need him to play, then you've basically solidified that offensive line by putting Booker at right right guard. But I think that's going to be key because I don't know that they've got somebody else that can bail them out it left tackle. It'll be interesting to see where they play Awesome Richards. If he's a guard or if he's a tackle. That's going to be one of the key things to look at.
Speaker 6: OTA's speaking of time.
Speaker 5: Yea long pastime.
Speaker 18: And by the way, we are now less than four and a half hours away from the doors opening at Ford Center for the Girls Flag Football Championship. Money, good luck to Ranch You High School, Desto High School, Arlington Heights High School, Spruce High Schools School High School, Arlington Martin High School and the team with the first round by Dallas Pinkston Go Viking and the Girls Flag Football Championship.
Speaker 5: And Mickey Spagnola will have a full report on dallascowboys dot Com later tonight and we'll talk at you again next week here on Mixshots.
Speaker 6: Oh Cowboys.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.