Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of reason I please shad Dy.
Speaker 1: I am Jaselle Bryant. What's up? What's up? I'm Robin Dixon. Thank you so much for being here with us once again.
Speaker 2: Fifty one and I'm like so like it's so sweet, like all of like the feedback and the love nodes and all the things that y'all did for one hundred and fifty.
Speaker 1: We love y'all so much.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: Yes, it was such that episode was so fun and all of the feedback, all of the support. Shout out to our giveaway winners. Thank you for everyone who entered our giveaway contest. So crazy. Two very familiar names, right, y'all must have been in a competition trying to like win this contest. So Asia, who often writes in you know she actually her voice was heard on the one hundred and fiftieth episode. Asia won the one hundred and fifty dollars gift card. Derek dash Hey, Derek, our favorite worker at the port who he told us. Actually shout out to Derek because Derek emailed us or message me and he was like, Hey, want to let y'all know the DOC workers are probably most likely going on strike starting October first, and they need more money, and that's going to affect that's going to affect like shipping all across It's going to be like major because it's from like Maine all the way down you know, past Maryland. So like huge, huge, huge, huge.
Speaker 2: Okay, we need that fixed because if is that gonna affect my Amazon deliveries.
Speaker 1: It could affect a lot of stuff and I guess really a lot of stuff that would come from overseas, right, so stuff that has to come into the to the docks, to the ports. So you know, if you're ordering stuff on Amazon and it's local or whatever and it's like within the US, and it's fine, but if you're trying to order like some furniture or equipment, even like for my business, I'm my thankfully my stuff is here, but like the treatment beds that we have are like custom made and they come from overseas, and that could if they hadn't already arrived, that could have affected my business that I'm trying to open.
Speaker 3: You know, get that glow thirty yes.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, So oh, and then Angela Conwell won the personalized message, So shout out to you guys. You'll be receiving all of your prizes very soon this week. By the way, when you when I heard how our when we played like the first episode, our intro to the first episode, I like chuckle because we do sound a lot different. It's like, now we have our little like routine and how we start to show. But when we that first episode, it was like, Hi, hello, you know how y'all doing right?
Speaker 3: So come a long way we have come, which I love.
Speaker 2: Yes, and I feel like my voice has changed, like now I sound like an old lady, or so not an old lady.
Speaker 1: I sound like my voice is deeper, Yeah, a little bit. It is like when you play back like the earlier episodes, it's like a little bit and then I still sound like a fourteen year old boy.
Speaker 3: That we love that we left.
Speaker 1: Okay, So.
Speaker 2: October sixth, it's been announced that the season nine of the Real Housewives Photomac is going to be back in action. Sunday, Yeah says yeah, that's happening. So we're excited about that. And then I posted I'm going Gazelle is going to be launching debuting Hate her one Woman's show of sorts. It is going to be at the City Winery in Chicago October twenty First, get your tickets.
Speaker 3: Jazelle's going to be providing you.
Speaker 2: Questions twenty one of them, twenty one shady questions me and you, and be ready for like crowd participation because I'm you know, asking y'all some questions.
Speaker 3: So it's gonna be like a lot of fun. So get your tickets, all right.
Speaker 1: Yes. Of course people were like sending this to me and they were like, what's happening?
Speaker 2: Is recentably shady breaking up? Why are You're? Like, so, Robin's busy?
Speaker 1: Like is girl coming? So why Rob? So? Yes, it's just me.
Speaker 3: Guys, okay, day So I can't leave.
Speaker 1: A house, Robin geezh. Yeah, And y'all know Robin don't want to leave the house. So you know, I'm I'm well, I'm excited for you and I hope to one to see your one woman show. Yes, yes, yes, So this Chicago is.
Speaker 2: The introduction. We'll see how Chicago goes. If Chicago gives me love, then I'll be all over the country. So Chicago is on you to give me love. If y'alln't give me love, then the show is canceled. Pressure is on, all right, So shady moment of the week.
Speaker 3: Let me be honest with y'all.
Speaker 1: I'm out of town.
Speaker 2: And I could literally write a book on the shade that's been happening in my life the past two weeks, but as of right now, I can't talk about it.
Speaker 1: So don't skip over that.
Speaker 2: And we're gonna get to this person in my life who is called Grace. Okay, in the middle of the middle of the night, remember the middle of the night, you said your phone was going off.
Speaker 1: With like a Missy Elliott's own. By the way, it happened again since I talked about it on the podcast, and it was Kendrick Lamar.
Speaker 2: Okay, which, but like, we love Kenjick, so not a two in the morning okay, Okay, we don't love him that much.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: No, there's a glitch in your phone, Robin. Let's be clear. There's a glitch. It's I don't know what it is, but it's my Pandora that I figured. I realized it's Pandora. So it's not coming from Apple Music or Spotify or anything else. It's Pandora and it just randomly just glitches. But yeah, I don't know. No one has told me.
Speaker 1: Somebody did email like, oh maybe your your neighbors using sharing your Spotify and your neighbors getting on it. And I'm like, no, no, okay, okay, that's not it. Yeah, it's my phone is just glitchy.
Speaker 2: But okay, Well, this person in my life named Grace, and I don't really know where she came from, but she's she's just in my life.
Speaker 3: It's very in the middle of that, I and my phone just starts going off like ping ping, ping ping.
Speaker 2: I didn't have my I didn't have it silence. So I was like, what is happening? What is going on? And I just rolled over and went back to sleep. When I looked at my phone, I had like maybe twelve links of things she wants me to buy her. She just flooded me with a bunch of links. At the end, it says, thanks, I l Y, So.
Speaker 1: I know why you don't know what that meant.
Speaker 3: I did not know what that meant.
Speaker 1: Thanks I l y.
Speaker 2: First of all, Grace, you I need a bunch of stuff. I'm running low blah. No, just in the middle of the night, I get like twelve like Amazon links, Like.
Speaker 3: Are you kidding?
Speaker 1: Why? Grace?
Speaker 3: I don't know why you're in my life. I don't know where you came from.
Speaker 1: This. If she had time to send you twelve lengths, she had time to write out I love you like, No, you can't. No no shortcuts, no little acronyms, no whatever, No, write that ship out you want? Yes, you want me to buy twelve things for you? No, you're gonna write and I love you. I love you, mommy, thank you so much. I love you so much. You're the best mom under the son. You can give me all of that.
Speaker 2: Okay, I why I don't even know where this y'all came from. I do not, But that's the mess. And why in the middle of the night you couldn't send me all of these during the day, right?
Speaker 3: So you just up at nice going through Amazon trying to figure out what you want?
Speaker 1: Yet? No? Yeah, pretty much. You know the world revolves around them, that's it. That's totally so. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I haven't talked to her since I got this.
Speaker 1: Tell her her, like the next time, Well, do you have your email notifications today? Come? Do they ping to? No? So like, tell her next, next time you want to send me a bunch of links, like, put it in an email so that it doesn't disturb your sleep, like if it's not important. You know what I mean, because like I have my so I finally started using do not disturb while I sleep. But I do have like my family, my boys, my parents one on like they can like call and the phone will ring at anytime. Right. Oh, but actually I think the text messages don't come through. Yeah, so so if you don't have your if you have your phone on, do not just disturb, you won't hear her text messages. However, she still needs to put that shit in an email.
Speaker 2: No, next time you want to send a bunch of links, send it to your father, don't send it to me. Well that's if you do an I l y send sending at all that dut jamaal Brian.
Speaker 1: So they don't have like access to your Amazon account. Hell no, Robin Broke, I.
Speaker 3: Sell that would be bro you talk about does need to work over time?
Speaker 1: I know, I know, I know.
Speaker 3: Okay, what is your shady moment?
Speaker 1: So Carter's birthday was recent, and I tell him send me links to what you want, right, and he wants essentials clothing. Are you familiar with essentials essentials? Yeah? And you know it's it's I get him a bunch of stuff. I go to like all these different sights online, get him all like the different size, you know, the different stuff that he needs because there's you know, the availability is different in different stores, right, and I'm like, okay, adult extra small, that should be good. The ship gets here, it's all too big. He's like swimming in it.
Speaker 2: Wait about adult extra adult extra small, okay, extra small.
Speaker 1: Cause he's like he's like long, he's a he has a really hard body to fit because he's very skinny, but he has really long arms. So like you know, bigger sizes or small smaller sizes that might fit like his body, they don't fit his arm. So you gotta go up with his eyes. And then it's all big whatever. So we get this all this stuff, he's swimming in it. It's too small whatever, I mean, too big. And for whatever reason, this freaking brand has a final sale policy on like everything, so I cannot write, I can't exchange return any of it. I am stuck with these clothes that don't fit him. So then Corey is like, oh, what'll fit me, Like if.
Speaker 2: It's a me, Cory's like, it ain't my birthday, but I got gifts, right, So now Corey got a whole bunch of new essential a poor Carter, poor carder.
Speaker 1: It is so frustrating, Like it's so frustrated finding clothes for that boy. Today was dressed down day at his school. Yeah, and I was like, oh, now I know why these schools have uniforms, because we were all late getting to school because he could he was, oh this is too small, this is too tight, this is.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, they gotta be fifteen. He got to be cute, yes, so I think you wears close.
Speaker 3: He got to be cute, witty.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. So finally I'm telling you he's having the worst day of his life today because finally, like one was like you better just put this on. I mean, and it was like good stuff, but he just for whatever reason, it's like I don't know not what he wanted. So he put on this little Nike sweatsuit and he was in school and I'm driving him to school the whole time and he is like so sad, so quiet, so like pensive, and like I'm I'm like boy, if you don't put a smile on your face like your your day is about to be ruined because you're getting worried about your damn outfit. Okay, so what did he turn four? What do you turn thirteen? You turn fifteen?
Speaker 3: Carter's fifteen.
Speaker 1: Rob He's still my baby.
Speaker 2: Though, Robbing, you're about to be at the end of the road, says, I'm here to tell you the end of the road is not a good feeling.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, I know. He's so cute. It's time to take a break. Presented by Diet Coke. For the next few minutes, we're going to tell you how we're taking a break this week. It feels like we're always on go, go, go mode with the kids and vacations, but now that summer is almost over and the kids are back to school in college, we get a little bit more free time to unwind, which means more diet coke breaks. Summers and Potomac are hot, so the best and only way to enjoy a crispy diet coke is over plenty of ice. So whether we're on the go, recording reasonably shady, or just taking a break lounging around the house, we always reach for a diet coke to quench our thirst. The lovely burn of diet coke feels crispy and refreshing with every sip. It's just what we need. I love to take a break by grabbing my diet coke and my latest crime thriller that I'm reading. Go outside in my backyard, stretch out on the hammock, and get into my book while sipping my dia coke. We want to invite you to take a break with us and enjoy a break with a diet coke, a break from the end of the summer or the back to school shuffle. Let's take a break together. We hope you all enjoyed that little bit of me time thanks to die Coke, Crispy, cold, refreshing and a sip of relaxation to remind you, this is my time, this is my taste, all right.
Speaker 2: You know I've been waiting because you know I'm over here in on my work conference, and so we haven't been able to talk like we normally talk, Right Robin, I could wait to get on this here episodes so we can talk about the thousand bottles of baby oil.
Speaker 3: Okay, thousand.
Speaker 1: Thousand bottles of baby oil.
Speaker 2: A thousand, not a hundred, A thousand bottles of.
Speaker 1: Baby what it is?
Speaker 2: Insane?
Speaker 1: I'm sane.
Speaker 2: I love I love that they counted them and the like let us know that part. Like you know, there's probably like so much other stuff in that indictment that they couldn't let us know who. But I mean, you lost me with a thousand bottles of baby like why okay?
Speaker 1: So, so I what do you envision? I mean, of course, like, first of all, baby oil is not a safe it's not a good lubricant, like it's actually you're not supposed to use baby oil as a uberant.
Speaker 2: So I envisioned him like taking the bottle and like squirting it on people. Okay, So okay, Robert, I didn't know that you heard a thousand bottles of baby oil and you're trying to envision what he's doing with it.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you're.
Speaker 2: Thinking he's taking a bottle, he's squirting it around the orgy and everybody's having okay clipping slide all with each other, like I just because I'm because because baby oil is not a lubricant, you don't put baby oil down there and expected to like do what you expected to do.
Speaker 1: You need it, You need the silicon to be more. You know the you know what lubricant feels like.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's his lubricant.
Speaker 2: Clearly, that's his lubricant of choice, okay, or he's just trying to keep Johnson Johnson.
Speaker 1: Well there's lubricant. It was one thousand bottles of baby oil and lubricant. So oh so a thousand total total? Okay? That imagine being the employee who's responsible for ordering the thousands, right Like.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean because like you're not going to CBS and like buying that, Like that's like a bulk order that you might even call J and J be like one of them trucks like backing up time, back it up, drop off a crate.
Speaker 1: Or the Ember Amazon driver.
Speaker 2: I have a thousand bottles of baby oil for a mister, and.
Speaker 1: Like, where do you store? It's not like that is there like a baby oil closet?
Speaker 3: Like where are you putting all of this?
Speaker 1: I am vision? Okay? So you remember like what's that fifty Shades of Gray how he had in that book or that movie. He had like just a whole room dedicated to yeah, sex fetiships. So I just I assume as a whole section of his house that is just dedicated this to his freak offs and they're in the closet and as people, and he's like, your baby oil get I'm just.
Speaker 2: Thinking like like a urinary tract infection. I'm thinking of yeast infection. I'm just like, oh god, it's just the the the bacteria alone. But I just it's just all disgusting.
Speaker 1: I'm not aroused by the thought of this freak ofugh situation, like especially when you hear and I know, and I want to say, like, I know, we're laughing about the situation, but it is it's bad. It is very serious because there were people who, you know, from what it sounds like, we're kind of doing this because they were forced to, or they were drugged or you know. And I just can't imagine being in that situation and being aroused and wanting to be involved in that crap like after and they said it because they said it lasted for days, Like I understand, like okay, y'all, y'all at a party and whatever, you take your little ecstasy and you get a little and everyone's you know, playing around whatever, and then two hours later you're done. But like, yeah, and I'm saying this because I watched movies, not because i've This is what Robin wa Okay, both of you all who don't know what we're talking about. I don't know who you can't. You have to know we're talking about. I know you have to do.
Speaker 2: But Sean Holmes was arrested for a laundry list of things that that are like harbor, racketeering, prostitution, not prostitution, sex trafficking.
Speaker 1: Trafficking, and then prostitution like it was.
Speaker 2: You're going from from state to state or whatever, like you're yeah, what do you call it if you go across transporting state lines? Oh that's sporting? Yeahitation of sex workers?
Speaker 1: Right yeah, yes, yeah. So he is in jail.
Speaker 3: He put up or he offered to put up with no bail.
Speaker 2: He offered to put up a fifty million dollar bail and not ever speak to women except as kids and turn over his passports and the kids passports. And the judge was like, hell, no, you're flight risk. You got a plane and you didn't do it. Done too much, I personally think, and this is really the whole situation is so sad. I you know, so many people are coming out now and saying, yes he did this to me, Yes he ruined my life, Yes he beat me up, Yes I was drugged. Like it's one discussed right right, And we're all allegedly because he hasn't been convicted yet, and it's all like, as a woman and as a woman that has grown up in his era so to speak, have I been to a puffy party?
Speaker 1: I mean a puffy event, Sure have. Could I have been caught up in something like that? Maybe? So it's just it hits home.
Speaker 3: It's disturbing, and you know, I pray for any victim that is out there, like, my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because that stuff, it's like, even though you know it could have been a short period of time in somebody's life, like that has consequences like that last lifetime consequences. It could really affect someone's just you know, mental and emotional health and so what he's doing. And it's kind of sick to read or hear a lot of people talk about, Oh, that's this stuff happens all the time. It's not a crime. Yes, he arrested, and you know it's like, yeah, first of did y'all not see the word prostitution?
Speaker 2: And you know, it's like right, like let's call it out, like boosy, You're like, I don't understand why he getting arrested.
Speaker 1: This is just this is like an average Tuesday like this what we do? Like what?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: And like forcing people to take drugs to do this stuff. And there's it's much deeper than just a freaking orgy. It's not just an orgy like he ruined lives. He he used his power to force people to do what he wanted them to do. That is a crime, Like it's just in the the prostitution of it all. And then you know, oh yeah, you know girl, guys will fly girls out and give them a bag. That's not the same thing. We're talking about sex workers and trans in flying sex workers, you know, in to participate in these freak offs. That is prostitution. So when when has prostitution ever been legal?
Speaker 3: It's not and jugging them like it's not. Yeah, it's not like Y can't do that.
Speaker 1: It's sick. And then and then you know, we know a lot of these from you know, just allegedly a lot of the females involved were girls who wanted to be in the music industry, and of course he manipulated them and you know, forced them to think that these are the things that he that they needed to do in order to excel in their career. Which how many of them can we say have actually had a great career that that you know, that has come from him. So listen in that jail situation, I was. I watched the story yesterday last night on the jail that he's in. They said it is horrible, and it's just like, oh yeah, horrible, like people have been murdered recently, like you know, there's been a multiple suicides, and I know they say he's on suicide watch, like he's supposedly like in a cell that has like plexiglass so they can look at him and stuff. Yeah, yeah, this is uh, I mean, it's horrible all the way around. I'm sure it's a it's just disgust.
Speaker 3: Feel sorry for the kids, for sorry for the girls.
Speaker 1: Imagine how much more shit we're going to hear. Remember how he settled with Cassie because he didn't want us to hear everything, and he didn't want it to go any farther. He better plead guilty and just be done if he doesn't want us to hear everything, Because I know that we're what we're hearing is not even scratching the surface.
Speaker 3: Well it's not even that.
Speaker 2: It's like people above him don't want it to be aired out what was really going on.
Speaker 1: So if this thing goes to out, I'll be shocked. I mean, it doesn't have to be people above him. It could be you know, just anyone like it could be anyone that has some sort of career that if they have ever been involved in this and their name gets put out there, and you know, they don't even have to do the people above him. But yeah, the people above them, who have like a lot of money and they can pull some strings and stuff, they probably will be trying to prevent it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, listen, I opened up my you know, my mind work place convention.
Speaker 1: Is that what it's called. You're at a conference, a work conference.
Speaker 2: But I guess you know, I bought off by social media to her almost at ever right now, But I did open up my little Instagram. I Sawcastie. She was walking around the street, she was smiling, she was happy camera. I was like, yes, right, they do on her face. Yes, I know some people in a sense of relief. Yeah, and I'm not mad at.
Speaker 1: And that probably feels better to her than the money that she got, you know, like hearing that, Oh, he's like really about to get it, like you know, no, like think about it. I'm just saying, right, I mean, yeah, the money is great, but but think about it. He if there are so many people in positions like him who can just throw money at a problem and it goes away. But you're still a piece of ship. You still have ruined people's lives, You still have done so much damage. And so for her seeing him, you know, hopefully being brought to justice is probably even like that's that's like the icing on the cake for her for real.
Speaker 2: So absolutely now he was not walking around with a smile on their face. Who's this girl, Giselle? Because her boyfriend Jalen Hurt got engaged?
Speaker 1: How could he to me? To me, he got tired of waiting for you, Okay, waiting waiting for you.
Speaker 3: My little I'm no teeth, like he was like, you know what, she's.
Speaker 1: Gonna play these games and go on dates with dudes with no teeth. All right, I'm just gonna go and get engaged.
Speaker 2: Right, He gets engaged to longtime girlfriend Brian Burrows.
Speaker 1: Is that her name. I'm gonna assume it's briecause b r y Brie. You know, I don't know her. I don't know it. Doesn't say yourself someone, it's like Brie, I don't know her, and phonetically it's Briane. So I'm we're gonna say it's Briane.
Speaker 3: We're gonna say it's Bride. I have a problem with this, and he knows it.
Speaker 2: And Jailen, you know, we're gonna talk about this because you you didn't even tell me you was gonna get engaged girl, like you just went and did it behind my back, and you know, you my boyfriend.
Speaker 1: So it's like, why would you do this to me? I don't understand. So he didn't tell you that he was in a long term relationship with her. This is woman, this woman you just he did not. You didn't do your research. Didn't do your research.
Speaker 3: He did not, And I don't like it.
Speaker 2: I don't like it anyway, moving on, what I do like is that Kendrick Lamar is going to be headlining at the super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Okay, this has caused a frenzy. This has caused a frenzy.
Speaker 2: You know, Lil Waye his ponties Lil Wayne kee Mina everybody in the painting right because he picked Kendrick Right.
Speaker 1: Well, the super Bowl is in New Orleans, and I know, no, I get that it.
Speaker 3: Shouldn't be Wayne, Like Wayne needs to pop up right.
Speaker 1: Yeah. See, I feel like I don't know that Lil Wayne is ad a super Bowl headliner, at least not at this stage. I just I don't know. I just robin. He has hit, he has more.
Speaker 3: He has beyond hits, he downs. His hits are not what do you call it mainstream?
Speaker 1: They don't cross over. He's yeah, like, Lil Wayne is one of the best rappers, one of the best hip hop artists, but he's not mainstream enough. Kendrick Lamar became mainstream because of his beef with Drake. So you take away the beef with Drake, then no, Kendrick Lamar is not being invited to perform at the super Bowl at all, like he.
Speaker 2: Yes, so you don't he would have been Rihanna's guest like he So you don't think this is warranted. You don't think he should be headlined in the super Bowl.
Speaker 1: I'm not excited about it at all.
Speaker 2: Let me just say this, to pick and choose your words carefully because Kendrick will kill you dead with his lyrics.
Speaker 3: And if he comes for you, Robin, I'm gonna let him know.
Speaker 1: Plea. He's like, I would love to be the subject Decidey's rap disc. That would be so cool. Not thinking coming for me is not going to give him brownie points.
Speaker 2: I felt like the announcement was like appropriate, meaning like, Kendrick, you have totally taken over the hip hop game right now, right right, just right now.
Speaker 3: You've taken it over. Now, how long do you take it over?
Speaker 1: He didn't take it he did, No, he did not.
Speaker 3: Who else took it over?
Speaker 1: No one took it over. It's it's just where it was. Trust me, this is no rob If he didn't beef with Dre like stop. If he didn't beef with Drake, he would not be doing the super Bowl period.
Speaker 3: Like okay, he wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Let's someone he would be a guest artist. He would not be.
Speaker 3: Because of his beef with Drake.
Speaker 2: We were able to put a rubber stamp on the fact that he's lyrically on genius level, right.
Speaker 1: I mean he has he has enough songs to fill a Super Bowl show, I believe, but they're not still okay, but those songs still are not mainstream enough. He's still he's still not mainstream enough. He's only mainstream at the moment because of his beef with Drake. That's it, Okay, Well, Robert, if it ain't Kendrick, who is it then Drake? Okay, that's a no.
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 1: What are you kidding me? Why not? Drake? Okay? Listen. So, so the kids, Wan and the kids and I we were in the car taking a road trip to a basketball tournament. So we had like a battle, like a rap battle. It wasn't between Drake and Kendrick. It was between Drake and jay Z because Drake is like Corey. Corey loves the ground that Drake walks on and we love jay Z. Yeah, but we're in the car, we're going back and forth. It's like a versus, like a Drake versus jay Z versus. And we had to admit that Corey won. We were like, we ran out of songs. I promise you if you sit and go like song for songs, Like, Drake has a lot of songs that are bangers, and maybe it's because you know, they're more modern, but yes, we Wan and Robin tapped out. We were like, okay, you like we played Jay's song, We'd be like, oh, this is fire, yes, and then Corey would come right behind us with something else and we would be like, oh, okay, yeah. So I'm telling you Drake's music catalog is it's very expansive. Okay, that's fine, but let's think about Drake right now. Right now, we can't find Drake. He's still in a corner, like he's still dead. And bearing don't buy Kendricks. It's a super Bowl, they'll they'll bring people out that haven't have had hits in a long time, but they have classics that are timeless and that our mainstream or whatever, or they're you know, of course the white people, the you know, I don't know, Rolling Stones, or they'll have they had Prince, Prince, you know what. Whoever, it's that, it's not a it was not always about and even.
Speaker 3: Rihanna, Rihanna to him make a song.
Speaker 2: When's the last time Rihanna had a new song five six, seven, eight, nine years and she was on the Super Bowl last year.
Speaker 1: So all I'm saying is this is a one off. This is not normal Kendrick without this Drake Beef he would not be on the super Bowl based on us he had before, and I I like his the music, the good songs. I like the good songs. Do you know what I'm saying? Like I like his hits.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're gonna move on because obviously I don't like it.
Speaker 1: One. I'm not excited about it. I saw it on Instagram and I kept scrolling. I said, who cares.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh shucks, oh shucks, can't Jake lem I was all pumped.
Speaker 3: Okay, anyway, we're moving on.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So Atlanta is ranked the most educated city in the country according to Forbes Atlanta, Georgia.
Speaker 1: Because there's a lot of universities down there. I think that's what it's based on.
Speaker 3: I saw that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not based on like the population, like the people themselves. There's so many universities down there. Oh, speaking of you, wait a minute.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to say, I've been to Atlanta. No shade to Atlanta. But y'all ain't that like y'all.
Speaker 1: Not I've been to Atlanta.
Speaker 3: I'm like, what is it?
Speaker 2: Hackney love y'all? I love y'all, But okay, top educated? Yes, because there's a lot of.
Speaker 3: Okay, but just for a record, before you tell me to Arlington, Virginia is number two.
Speaker 2: Okay, Arlington, which doesn't make any sense because there aren't schools in Arlington.
Speaker 1: No, right, yeah, so now that doesn't make sense according to the According.
Speaker 2: To yes, I think it's off the rip of just like how many people in that area and their education law, like, how far they.
Speaker 1: So let's say, let's say it's not necessarily based on the fact that there's a lot of universities in Atlanta. Loan right, but because there are a lot of universities in Atlanta, they're including those people, right, Okay. And then in Arlington, a lot of those people work for the government, the you know, intelligence agencies and blah blah blah, Like you have a ton of highly educated people who live in this area. So I think maybe, yes, you know, so maybe the parameter I don't know, they're they're including the people who are in the universities because there are so many, and they're that's being educated. And then we have Saint Petersburg, Florida. It's number three.
Speaker 3: So we're gonna end this.
Speaker 1: Yeah what guy?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: Don't so y'all got me back.
Speaker 2: With Arlington, Virginia. I get it, DC whatever. But Saint Petersburg, Florida, no one lives there. So this whole little survey, yes, right.
Speaker 1: Now we need to google. I don't know. I don't understand that. Okay, I don't know what that's based on. I would think they would have been somewhere in New York or over Stanford, California, Californias anyway, totally, Okay, you can't tell me something. Well, I was, so I do have. So we had a few people write in about the Spellman, the air conditioning at Spellman or lack there.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, yes, right in so right in because every night my daughter like sends me a text or whatever, and she's because they have a thermometer in their.
Speaker 1: Room, right, thermostat There there we go. What's the thermometer the thing you put in your mouth or like you take your temperature? You know. Okay, so thermostat takes temperature of something meat, thermometer.
Speaker 2: Right, But a thermostat is on the wall because you have an AC unit or a heating unit.
Speaker 1: Oh right, Oh so is the oh the school provided the thermometer.
Speaker 3: So the thermometers just ow No, I think one of I think she got her roommate got it.
Speaker 1: Oh, how hot is it?
Speaker 3: And this f thing?
Speaker 1: Okay, the thermostat on the wall? Okay, so how hot? Did you know they don't have a thermostat? True?
Speaker 2: That would be like right, that's like the right thing to do. Right, So she's like, ninety two degrees, we have eighty eight degrees. We have nothing that's even remotely close to seven to come.
Speaker 1: Right, right, what's the norm? Seventy two? I mean, yeah, seventy two is good.
Speaker 3: Angels room is typically eighty eight degrees.
Speaker 1: That is fantasting. That's disgusting.
Speaker 2: So she said that everybody in the dorm Spelman, I shouldn't be trash as Spelman, but I'm gonna trashy all day. It's starting to like get sick. I'm like, yeah, over there and a heat infested features. This is a peach ye yes, okay, what.
Speaker 3: About what they say?
Speaker 1: So so we had a few people write in Trey Trace Trey Raheen. We met her actually at one of our shows. She was she related because her daughter's Spelman class of twenty one, and she said it's not because a lack of money, it's she said, it's like a tradition. It's like a rite of passage. So what she said, She said, tell Angel not to worry. She'll be good by homecoming weekend.
Speaker 3: It's a passage to sweat yourself to sleep.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's okay. So Denise Baker had a little more information for you. Okay, Okay, come on, Denise, she's your sol war. She said. I wanted to respond to my sore arges el shady moment about the number one HBCU Spelman College. I'm a proud alumna who donates every month. Dang every month? Wow? Very nice? Okay. Yeah, So, due to our amazing giving and gifts to the college, we are able to complete renovations of our dorms. The construction project began in May, taking two dorms offline to install air conditioning and other renovations. These dorms are said to be completed by July twenty twenty five. The goal is to have all dorm renovations completed by July twenty twenty seven. So let Angel know that we have all endured the worst of the Atlanta heat and that the fall air will soon come through her window. So they're doing okay. So and there's like a timeline for like renovations, and I guess they're building new residence halls, so they're going to be renovating morehouse than yeah yeah yeah yeah, so yeah, No, I've been down there.
Speaker 3: The construction is going, the construction is happening.
Speaker 1: I'm saying, that's actually not the point. The point is, why have.
Speaker 2: We waited until twenty twenty four to put some air conditioning in dorms and hot ass Atlanta, Georgia. Why that's I just don't understand. And my child does not need to write a passage. This is you know how much money spelling costs a lot. Yeah, so yeah, it's just not It just doesn't even. It blows my mind that we're just now in twenty twenty four fixing this shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But while they're fixing it, my daughter shipn't be in there.
Speaker 2: Like, had I known, I'd have done something else, she'd probably be an apartment somewhere because she's just she's be.
Speaker 1: Like, ma, I have a headache. Yeah, because you're sitting in a dorm room.
Speaker 3: That's ninety two degree right, right, had showed a dehydrant.
Speaker 1: That's horrible. Yes, So another person Kimberly Smith wrote in with a little education for you. She said that, you know, some of these buildings date back to late on eighteen hundred, early mid nineteen hundreds, and there are many mechanical issues that prevent the current day state of art equipment to happen until there's a full building renovation. And then you also have the issue of overloading the buildings with window a season every room, which Angel told you about. But she did say, did you know that you can fill out an accessibility form.
Speaker 2: Yes, if you have a doctor's know, then you can get a dorm with air air conditioning.
Speaker 1: She said, the doctor. She doesn't even need to have a medical condition. She the doctor can just say your child needs air conditioning to sleep and to be able to study. It's a her success in college bringing subject. Being subject to the heat and humidity brings on added or new anxiety. And this should work. So yes, so work on this. Okay, there's no wait.
Speaker 2: So Angel and all her girlfriends she had three girlfriends, had all had braids, right, so last week they decided it's time for the braids to go. So she called her father and she was like, you know, can we come over to like take our braids out. He was like, no, because his house is he's doing some renovations. So got them a hotel room.
Speaker 3: Mike.
Speaker 1: They're at the Embassy suites right to keep their braids taken out. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: So they took their braids out, wash their head.
Speaker 1: They're so excited. Angel called me.
Speaker 2: She was like, Mommy, I forgot what it feels like to be an air condition and we're going to sleep here tonight.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I do not want this.
Speaker 3: Is I worked for my child to call me to say, you know, I forgot it. It feels like to sleep in air conditioning.
Speaker 1: But you know, this is a great experience for her. She's roughing it. She's appreciating that this is going to give her a better appreciation of things that are really luxuries in life. Yeah, and blessings because I know, shoot, my grandmother's house in West Baltimore, there's no air conditioning. Well, I mean, well they do have the we do have the window units in it.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I know when I would go to North Carolina and visit family, we didn't have any air condition and all that. So, yeah, she's being she's it's a ritual. Yes, Yes, she is learning about life because she has lived a very privileged one and.
Speaker 2: So she just yes, but she's very appreciative. Can you imagine that hotel room with four girls taking their braids out? Can you imagine how much hair is all over the place, A.
Speaker 1: Clogged the vacuum up when the when the housekeeper came in the vacuum yes, I was like, Angel's hair all over the place.
Speaker 2: She was like, no, not really, yes it is oh yes, before, oh my god. So Angel she's not privileged, but she a little bougie. She said they have a fall break coming up, and she was like, Mom, we have a fall break and I miss you so much or everything.
Speaker 3: Want to spend time with you, and you know, don't you want to stay at the Saint Regis And.
Speaker 2: Like, actually that was not all my things to do, but I'm all like yes, spine day, like I'm a I'm all in.
Speaker 1: But it was so Saint Regis.
Speaker 3: We got it.
Speaker 1: Because Angel needs some that is privileged and spoiled. That is actually that is a tier above privilege. That's spoiled. Can you come down here and stay in the same regions? What children? What I have that's spoiled?
Speaker 3: Anyway, moving on the gay did you have one more.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I want to follow up to this and then we can here. So we got an email from I don't get this name Dick hurts. Dick hurts, What do you mean by that?
Speaker 3: Even if that was your name? Clearly this is a name. But even if that was your name, why would you want people to know that your dick hurts?
Speaker 2: Right? Like, I'm like, what did you do to make your dick hurt? My name would be Richard if if oh, change my name to Richard?
Speaker 3: Like, oh my god, what did hurt?
Speaker 1: Dick say? So the hurt Dick said? Dear ladies, where do I start? First off episode one hundred and forty nine. Can't believe two grown, college educated women with multiple children are so uneducated about sperm and ejaculate. W F his dick was really hurd What is he talking about? As a thirty year old man who has been snipped a year ago? Here you go to these are answers to your questions Number one to about These are answers to your questions about vasectomies. Right, okay? Number one inpatient procedure takes less than fifteen minutes with local anesthesia, barely felt anything. So then you're Dick and hurt, I're good for you. Number two recovery for me was about one week before testing out the goods again. Okay. Number three, the volume of ejaculate and strength of the shots remained at full level. There was zero change at all in any aspect of anything except now I could go raw in these hose without worry. I can't. I cannot. He could go raw in these holes did for clean in parentheses, clean hose without worry of future child support. Then the second part, okay, as it relates to Robin's cameltoe, I want to have a follow up on that. Stop trying to hide it. One of men love a sexy camelto to show, as long as it's not huge. Then it crosses over from cameltoe to moose knuckle or even worse monkey Paul.
Speaker 2: Okay, I want to officially say, Dick Hurt, you can never email us, text us again.
Speaker 1: I want him to email every week.
Speaker 2: I love You're wanting done, Dick Hurt, because the first of all, if you go email us, give us your real name, because your name is not Dick her.
Speaker 1: Okay, what is the women? What's the email address? The email is like, what could be a regular email. I don't want to like read it out, you know. Just okay, Dick hurt, you're dune, You're done, You're wanting yes, so he says, monkey Paul, that is not sexy. Anyways, enjoy the show, Love you both, your friend. Okay, Okay, who we I think Dick her don't reveal.
Speaker 3: Himself, but I do like a monkey Paul. I don't even know what a monkey.
Speaker 1: Paul looks like. I don't know. I mean, I don't know to wait before we go. But speaking of the cameltone, so I came across and haven't tried it on yet.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 1: I should have tried it on before we got on so I could report back. I came across a pair of underwear. They're like throng underwear that are designed to cover your camel tone. So I ordered them. They're expensive. They were like forty dollars for one pair. For one pair, Okay, I'm gonna try them on and let you all know how it works out. Okay. I can't remember the brand name either, something like VV. I think VV. I'm going to report back next time and let you know.
Speaker 2: Okay, how okay, Well, this this episode is officially over. Okay, Dick did this episode? Like what? Okay, don't ever forget to live like either reasonable or shady or bowls bye. Reasonably Shady is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows
Speaker 2: And you can connect with us on social media at Robin Dixon, ten, Giselle Bryant, and Reasonably Shady.