Speaker 1: Hey, folks, real quick. I announced a live show in Tokyo, Japan like a week or so ago, and it sold out pretty fast, so I added a second one on Saturday, February twenty second at three pm. It's a matinee show. And if you live in Tokyo, Japan, which is probably maybe like three of you, you can get tickets for this Tokyo live show at the link in the episode description. That's all I wanted to say. Thank you. Let's get into the episode. Hello, hello, is what what do you mean? Who is this? You called me?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean didn't, but this is what the fuck? Wait? This is crazy? Is this probably the actual mister? No? I know, I know, don't get me wrong, I know, but this is like I didn't I expect you actually to answer. What the hell?
Speaker 1: Hold on? Just stop, stop for a second. You called yeah, this first of all to my favorite and held on first of all to me a favorite. And we don't actually have to cut this part out of the podcast, but this could be in the podcast. But I can you take me off? Can you take me off a speakerphone?
Speaker 3: No, I have my headphones in.
Speaker 1: Oh, take me off of your headphones and just put me right in, the take me off of headphones, and just hold the phone up to your OKA.
Speaker 3: Is that better?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's better. We're gonna keep I Normally I asked people to do that and I cut it out of the show, but we're gonna keep it in. Yeah this time.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, all right, yeah, no, no, it's just that's good. I didn't I know that. This is now I understand why people when they call in and they're all like flustered. It's like, damn actually getting in on the mister therapy gecko. That's crazy?
Speaker 1: Are you? And again I normally I cut these audio checks out, but we're going to keep them in. Are you you're are you yelling? Because I'm looking at your audio and it's all red. It's all all the bars are red right now?
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, maybe I should lower it a little bit.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, you're good. Now, you're good. You're good. You're good. That's okay, just just now you calmed down a little bit. What's your name?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, uh uh Andrew Andrew, Okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm doing I'm doing all right. I got just hopped on the uh the little treadmill that I got in here. Calm me down a little bit. Just got back from run club. Usually don't do that kind of thing, but uh yeah, no I'm not. I'm doing okay, thanks for asking. How about you, Lyle? How are you doing? I mean therapycause I don't know.
Speaker 1: How do you want me to refer to you anything? Anything doesn't matter?
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, how you doing?
Speaker 1: I'm doing all right, man, I'm doing. Yeah, I'm fine. I'm okay, I'm uh I feel okay, that's a lie. I'm depressed. That's what I'm just go Yeah, I'm all the time. I've been depressed. I've been depressed for years and years, and I think it's I've accepted it as a constant of my life. I think I'm pretty close, though, hold on stuff, I'm really I'm really close to figuring it out, you know, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, go. I was gonna say something because I feel like during the whole quarantine and the whole like COVID bullshit, Like during the beginning, like okay, I didn't think I realized I was depressed, but like towards the end of it, I got really depressed, like I just developed an eating disorder. Like every day was becoming the same old, same old thing day and day out, just lay on the ground be like, damn, what the fuck am I even doing with my life? What am I? What am I even? Like I'm in school, I'm not even doing this thing because I even want to do it. And like, yeah, like you know you feel it, but but you mentioned how you're like on the verge of like cause I think it's like logically, you feel like you understand how to get out of the depression loop, but now it's more so like like trying to you know, the actual experiential feeling of getting out of that, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I've been thinking about that. This is my little and by the way, hold on, this is like this is like a I feel like this is like a like an alpha male talking point that I've come to. But I'm gonna yeah a little bit, but it's it's a hypothesis that I'm thinking about, and it's a it's a funny hypothesis. It's a funny hypothesis because it runs in absolute utter contrast to what I like, what my whole thing is. I guess, I think, I think, And again, nothing I say on this show is etched in stone. If you ever call me and you're like, hey, remember three years ago.
Speaker 3: This is all becoming and all in flux.
Speaker 1: Everything is in total, everything's in total flex. Okay, there we go. You're on You're you're on the same level. And to share this with you, I I I actually I'm playing around with a hypothesis. It's a new hypothesis I have. I think talking I think talking about your problems might make them worse. Is that insane to think?
Speaker 3: I think, I think I would agree with you? What what what makes you think? What makes you think that? Because I would agree with you. I would agree with.
Speaker 1: You because like if you're always talking to your friends and your family and about the end of the internet into if you're just always talking about your problems, right, you just you like center that you like reinforce, like like I've I've over the years, I think, like you know, you build like narratives in your head about yourself the world. And if you're if you're always talking like, oh I'm so depressed the narrative that and this is just me, I guess because I'm like, oh, I'm like building I'm building a story about myself. I'm building a narrative about myself that I am just a depressed guy, and I think I've walked myself into that rut by constantly telling myself that that's the story, is that I'm a depressed guy. Whereas like if I were like, whereas if I were, I constantly like, oh, how can I? How can I? How do I do something about my problems? Right? Like what do I like? Like I'm a solvere or I don't know if I am a solver, but I want to be a solver. I want to be a solver. I want to be like, hey, Okay, I have this problem, let me fix it. Because if I just talk about it in fucking circles, I'm just gonna keep reinforcing it.
Speaker 3: They're locking yourself into that story, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're locking narrative.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. I would totally agree with you on that, yeah, because it's like almost yeah, it's it's it's a feedback loop almost, you know, like how it almost yeah? Yeah, you start building this narrative about who you are and what you do, and like it's you know, if I'm constantly depressed, and it's like you locked yourself into that. That's kind of how I felt with the whole quarantine COVID COVID thing or whatever was until I went to Japan and then came back and I was like, like, damn, I can actually do shit, but yeah, I know, yeah yeah. And the other thing too is I think there's don't don't quote me up or whatever. Some some psychiatrist dude or some ship said like, you know, the the key and like the speaking region and the region of like actual action are kind of highly highly connected. So when you speak a problem, it's almost like you're acting like I guess an analogy I would draw would be like, you know, you talk to your friends about I'm going to be a doctor, I'm gonna be this, or I'm gonna do some shit, but then it's kind of like, well, you know, it's it's it's like you almost did the actions. Now you don't even want to pursue doing thing because you already said and told and bloviated on and on and on about that kind of shit. So I feel like it's a little bit along those lines, but yours sounds more of like a you know, narrative, narrativizing, almost reinforcing to yourself who you are right right, constantly talking about that, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well before we go any hold on, before I'm I'm by the way, I just say, you just you know, I'm really enjoying having this conversation with you, but I just not that we got Yeah, I just I just want to pause for a second. Are you still running on the treadmill because you sound like you're still running on the s treadmill.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I am running on the treadmill and trying to get a little bit of the I'll slow it down. I'm not running, I'm kind of walking. I got you know, I got the I'm a little neuro diversion. It got there is not an excuse. Actually hate that. I don't want to be using excuses. This is the tool that I use. I hate that ship. I don't like the It's it's a bad excuse. I'm not trying to excuse anything. I hate that ship. But but I do it because it just helps me. You know, I've got my mind is my body is moving, and so now I feel like it's a little bit of sub stimulation in order to get me to where I'm now focusing and not all you know, crazy, But would you like me to like lower that or whatever or you.
Speaker 1: I don't care. No, I don't care, man, I'm just be yourself. I just us I was concerned about you.
Speaker 3: Cool. No, I'm all good now, I'm I'm leveling out a little bit. I should put that on my somewhere, on my in my room somewhere. Just be yourself. That's a that's a good hallmark quote. Is a therapy that one?
Speaker 1: I like that one. I like that one.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 1: But like there's a lot of it is funny as the as the therapy gecko to be Like, I think talking about your problems makes up there's you know what, you know what it is, Here's here's the thing is. I think it's one of those things where it's like everything in moderation, like there's a zone, like there's an optimal zone of talking about your problems and there's an optimal zone of it. But at a certain point, talking about your problems too much becomes a little bit masturbatory and you and then again it just creates the fucking.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But at some point you just kind of like you gotta just shut up and just keep it in your brain and then just act out what you need to do, right, You just gotta you know, be the man of action. You know, you've been tinkering too long of just thinking about things being two in your head. You've been lost in the sauce. Dude, you gotta get out and go out and do some ship, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, like the whole, like like the whole, I guess, like toxic masculinity thing of like don't talk about your problems and don't whatever, like I think, like like put a dash of that in there, you know, not like right, if you never talk about your problems with anyone and you keep it all inside, something's gonna fester and it's not going to be and it's gonna come out. It's gonna come out in other evil crazy yeah, it because it comes out in other evil ways. But like also, if you're all constantly running, ruminating on everything, you know, everything is everything. There's there's some optimal way to be a human being. I haven't figured it out, but I'm thinking I've been theory crafting it and maybe I'll figure it out.
Speaker 3: Hey, look, at least you're in you're in the becoming stage. You're in the becoming stage, right, You're looking to get yourself out of this damn hold is damn right that you're in right, sure, and maybe who knows. Maybe Again, that's the thing. I don't think there's any think you can even think your way out of being depressed. It's just kind of you.
Speaker 1: You can't you damn choir.
Speaker 3: You probably already know what you can.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you know what you know. But you know what's so stupid, Andrew. You know what's so stupid is is yes, a lot. You know what's so stupid, Andrew. And I'm gonna quick what's really stupid is that? Logically I know this, but also I do, Like on my computer right now, I have three tabs that I've been saving for at least some days, and they all have like motivational YouTube videos on them. And I'm like, once this motivational YouTube video, I will get my life together. But how many you know how many fucking motivational YouTube videos I've watched over the last decade?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I've also but also I I've been thinking about my own life today and I was like, you know, I've been Yeah, I've been like depressed and watching motivationally YouTube videos for at least a decade or but I but incrementally, like when I zoom out. I did pretty okay. I did pretty okay.
Speaker 3: So when you say when you say you've done pretty okay and you zoom out, which does that sort of mean that you've incrementally become I guess what does it mean? Like incrementally becoming in what direction? Would you say?
Speaker 1: Well, just like if I died right now, I'm like, I did okay. You know I got to talk to you.
Speaker 3: Oh that is very flattering.
Speaker 1: I mean I got to have this conversation with you right now, I got to look at the I got to eat a hamburger. Everything was fine. You know, I don't have I don't have strong regrets. I think the basic if. I think basic human life doesn't come with anyway. Here's a if, whoever you are, whoever you are, if you were forced at this moment to exam even if you had like a really shitty life, you could examine it, and you could force yourself to have some kind of perspective where your life wasn't shitty and you would be right. Like you could like you could lay out like you could have had a horror. You could be like fifty and you just worked in like a labor camp for now Okay, well you here, Okay. What I'm saying is what I'm saying is look at you could look at your life and you could go like, well, I got to drink water a couple of times. That was pretty good, and you wouldn't be wrong. This is insane. What's going on with you? Andrew? How's your life?
Speaker 3: No, but real I will I will answer that question. I just want to say, I think I feel like the understand what you're saying in terms of the like it is in some sense you know how you you know, there's a whole fucking mindset bullshit where it's like, yeah, your mindset, you like, mind over matter I do you know. I like to meme about that a little bit, but they they're is a grain of truth to that, I feel, you know, yeah yeah yeah, like and like you mentioned, like, yeah, you could live a shitty life and you know, and and I think this will try into you know, the circumstance I'm in right now, and I'll let you know what you know, what's going on, but like, uh yeah, yeah, like it's some some degree right if you keep focusing on and and this is teetering and dangering into the realm of toxic positivity. But you know, if you if you focus too much on the negativity, then yeah, your life is gonna be fucking shit. And if you take the whole idea of eternal recurrence or whatever, like if you had to live your life eternally over and over and repeat, then that could be hell. Right, But if you'd looked and focused on the positives and the affirmed life, and then it's like, you know, then yeah, that you'd made a life worth living. So it's like, in some sense, you gotta Joe Joe JITs your mind, mind fucking fuck yourself into thinking or experiencing somehow the the positives. Right, that's kind of along the lines of what you're.
Speaker 1: Saying, right, yeah, one hundred percent. But also here's I'm but also but also just so you know, just so you know, I'm well, actually I'm not. I was gonna say I'm a hypocrite, but I'm actually not a hypocrite because.
Speaker 3: Well it's okay to be a hypocrite, right, life is all fucks and becoming Right, Well, okay.
Speaker 1: So let me let me let me throw this out here, and I is go ahead, Yeah, is per kno los dose because I have a strong belief. I'm like, look, I have certain I have certain external conditions that I desire for my life, and I am in active pursuit of those external conditions, and I think it's good. I think it's good to be in active pursuit of external conditions for your life that you believe will make you happier. And yes, there are I think it can be true that there are unquestionably external conditions that make your life better and internal conditions that make your life better. So like, so a TOC toxic positivity would be the dismissal of any and all possibility for any external conditions to make your life better. And be like, bro, one hundred percent of it is in your mind, dude, Like just think that life is good, yestivity, but like a little bit of like, hey, you know mine, your perspective is important, and not hating your life and occasionally going well, I got to drink water that was pretty good, combined with you know, let me strive better external conditions is good. That's like some Yin and yang shit, So right yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah optimal, Yeah yeah, I would agree with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, you know you're eating a ship as that if I may borrow from mister Bill Burr. You know, you're everyone's eating a shit sandwich, right, but some people got a little bit of sprinkles on there or something like that, right, So if you're eating the shit sandwich, you know you're still eating it. It sucks ass, but at least you got a little bit of sprinkles on there. You know.
Speaker 1: Let's going on with you, Andrew? What's happening? What you said you have a thing to talk about?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I don't know. It was just like it's nothing too crazy, you know. You know, I was I was dating some lady for a bit, like me, It wasn't even that long, but I felt like I got to know them pretty well. And you know, we were talking for about a month month and a half, and uh, you know, I thought like she was really interested. She seemed like she was I don't know if it was like her life is really busy. I mean like it seemed like she was doing graduate school and had a lot of other things going on in her life. And there was a little bit of mancus, as Dan Geestling would say, mancus around the uh you know, around her responding and all that. But yeah, I just got ghosted and that kind of sucks ass. But you know, I just journaled that. I was like, yeah, this sucks ass, But I mean, I don't know, maybe I should also be grateful for the for the things that I have and what I have. I at least have my body, at least I have can run, I can go bold and all that, and even though that sucks ass, you know, it is what it is.
Speaker 1: You know. Yeah, yeah, what so also.
Speaker 3: Looking for jobs? That sucks ass too? Go ahead?
Speaker 1: Was this so?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 1: Was this a girl that you were like seeing for a while or like, what what was the deal with her?
Speaker 3: No, it was just like we met on bumble and then went on the first you know one, a couple yeah, yeah, yeah, a couple of dates and then seeing each other and then I think it was like after the sixth date, yeah, and then it was like it was weird too. I just just don't I don't know what the hell. I just wish that, you know, I get it. It's not easy to tell someone that, like, hey, look it is fine. You know, if you're not interested, you're not fit interested, that's okay, just let me know and you know, or something gets in the way, that's totally okay, but like, I just wish they would have told me, you know, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, you're right. I know it sucks, it sucks, it sucks. Yeah yeah yeah, but I don't know. Well, I mean, I'm I'm curious about your life in general. How old are you?
Speaker 3: Uh, twenty seven?
Speaker 4: Ok?
Speaker 3: Yeah, just working on my server right now. I went to university, thought I was going to do pharmacy. Then I realized my dad that shit fucking sucks ass. I love organic chemistry, worked in a lab that also sucked ass, and I realized I was like, damn, why am I even doing this shit. I'm just doing this because like I was told to do it. And then that was also during COVID and quarantine. I was like probably depressed as shit or whatever. Then I went to Japan for a month with my brothers, and I was like, damn, I think it reinvigorated like some confidence in me, because then I came back and I was like doing all this stuff that I used to do when I was younger, like eighteen nineteen, reading existentialist fiction all that shit that I was and journaling too. So I feel like there's a renewed like a revitalization within me.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, what tell me? I'm actually I'm recording this in Japan right now? What are you doing?
Speaker 3: What the hell?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you do? What were you doing in Japan for a month?
Speaker 3: It was crazy? I don't even know. It was the oddest circumstances. Okay, I got a couple of stores, Lord, go ahead, Japan. It was great. It was. It was for a month. And thank you for letting me bloviate on end by. By the way, I thank you. I understand it's the whole stick, but you know, thank you still. So basically, this is just something I always wanted to do, you know. I like the anime and Mango whatever in high school. Don't really watch that much anime anymore, you know. And let's see, I was working Papa John for a little bit, was saving up money here and there. Luckily I have the fortunate of being fortunate to live with my parents, so saving up a lot of money. And then fucking h yeah, I just did Papa John's doing side jobs here and there, saving up more money. And then I was like, bro, let's just go to Japan, right, And then my dentist, somehow, my dentists learned about that, and he's Japanese and so you know, I went to him and he put me in contact with this this older, older lady and she's like in her seventies and she was very you know, uh, helped us around with showing you know, online or texting us information and helping us around Japan. She wanted to help us in Japan. So we and and and so you know, jump forward to going to Japan. And by the way, let me know if there's any plot holes or whatever or something just.
Speaker 1: So you Yeah, your your dentist hooks you up with this, Yeah, do you hang out with Yeah? Do you hang out with your dentist's friend in Japan? Or does she just like text you like here's a restaurant to go to take you around?
Speaker 3: So she she was just like hey, yeah, I can just show you around. I can show you around Tokyo like I can. Yeah, I can just help you guys around. And yeah, we met up with her like we landed, and she was texting us like Okay, I'm wearing this like handkerchief and and like yeah, and then we met up with her. Okay. The other thing too, is I was studying Japanese and I'm gonna be honest right now, Like after coming back from Japan, I haven't studied or immersed myself any materials. So yeah, Japanese fucking ass. But my brother, Dude, my brother's crazy. He's younger than me.
Speaker 2: God bless my brother.
Speaker 3: He just watches you know, YouTube Japanese content and you know, so I kind of relied on him a little bit. He was much better. I mean, my his ability was okay, but his is better than mine. And he's like he's ten years younger than me, so he was seventeen and so. But the thing is, though she was so hard to understand, maybe because like I don't know if it's because Mike, I mean, I gat me he's fucking ass, but like I don't know if it's like the dialect thing or what because there was another dude later on we were this is like I feel like almost got sucked up by a cult too, And that'll be later. But like, if that's okay with you, I would like to tell you about the cult dude, but like at least alleged alleged alleged cult dude. Alleged cult dude.
Speaker 1: In okay, you, how did you get the recording to all right, so you all right, let me. So you go to Japan and your dentist is like, I have a I have a friend who can show you around, and so you meet up with your dentist. Yeah, yeah, you d you guys, So you're hanging out with your dentist cousin, which sounds like something someone about in no way shape before and do I think you're lying about this? But any anytime someone uses the phrase I was hanging out with my dentist cousin, it sounds like they're lying.
Speaker 3: But I mean, hey, look, I.
Speaker 1: Don't think you're lying. I mean you, then you, then you, then you, then you get involved in a cult.
Speaker 3: Well okay, that's a little bit later because the reason why I'll let you know why we kind of I don't even know if.
Speaker 5: It is a cult.
Speaker 3: I just feel like it is. I'll lay up the evidence and you can come to your own conclusion. But I mean, before that, when we meet up with her, he also mentioned like, hey, there's also like these TV Japanese interviewers there. They'll probably interview or something. And I was like, yeah, yeah, I mean probably, but I didn't really think anything of it. And then you know, you know, if I think about third person, like here it is three white dudes just talking to this old elderly you know, Japanese woman, right, and you know, they're like, damn, this is crazy. Let's get the scoop, right, So they come up to us and they're like, we have a Japanese TV can we interview you? And I was like, at first, I was like I don't know if I wanted, but I was like, fuck it, you know what, let's just do it. Let's take the challenge. Just do it. This is crazy because we did it. And then they were like, hey, can we follow you around tomorrow and just inter like, watch you guys the whole day with such your or uh, I don't want to say her name. Sorry, I don't know if there's any way to whatever her and and and so like then and this is from TV Tokyo, so apparently we have a whole episode of us just walking around, you know, in Japan with with with with her, and that was it was crazy. Every everyone there was so kind, so generous, Like the translator was so cool. We're talking about how people learned English.
Speaker 1: Yeah wait, wait, what's the story. It's just like, hey, three white dudes came to Japan, like what what's the what's the new?
Speaker 2: I know, I don't know, And that's what I'm thinking too.
Speaker 3: I mean, okay, it was the point of the show is like why did you come to Japan? So I guess for them, they're like, well, let's just follow them around Japan with this. This just them talking to a Japanese lady. I mean, I guess it's just I guess. I guess it's odd because it's like three white dudes who you know, like you said, their dentist cousin. It's like separation.
Speaker 1: This guy went. I guess honestly, this guy went to Japan to hang out with his dentist cousin is a somewhat interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, yeah, I get that, and I mean, yeah, it's just around I'm titling.
Speaker 1: I'm titling this episode. I hung out with my dentist's cousin.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean I got I mean yeah, I mean that's crazy. I mean, like, when I think about it like that, it is kind of crazy and weird.
Speaker 1: It's not that it's it's just wait, So okay, so this this TV show, did you ever see like.
Speaker 3: The yeah episode, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, so so, And the other is the is the episode? Like can like is the episode?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Can I find it on YouTube?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 3: I don't think you can find it on YouTube. I was able to download and record the video. I go to so many hoops to do it, Like I don't even know if I should even be saying this, but like I do have a download, but I think it's like I don't think you could. The show is called white like you know, nihona noney o or some ship I can't noney that goes to show ship my fucking Japanese now is but it's like why did you come to Japan? It's like TV Tokyo, which is like the number one broadcasting you know, uh whatever Japan.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, I'm I'm looking at it on I'm looking at it on on on Google right now. It's all in Japanese. I can't really see it.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, wait, so like the episode my episode or like.
Speaker 1: No, no, your episode. I'm just on the I am on the like the show page. Son posted it in the chat.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah yeah yeah so that's that's that's I'm also having whipp freaking robots.
Speaker 1: This is yeah, this is this is a verifiable, real story that someone Yeah it.
Speaker 3: Is, yeah, yeah for real, it's It's true. It's and I don't know, it's like crazy at least for me, Like I never would have expected any of that to happen. Again, I'm eternally grateful for everything that they did for me and and what they you know, like like you know, yeah, it's just crazy. Like I don't know if you have you.
Speaker 1: Have the episode.
Speaker 3: I do have the episode recorded, Yeah, I do. It's all my Like it's like I think it's on my Google drive somewhere. I don't even know why I should.
Speaker 1: I mean, well, I well, that's the funny thing is is like I would be kind of sick to be able to watch it, but then I don't. You're I don't want you to get in I don't want either of us to get in trouble with Japanese. Yah.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah that's my that's my my fear.
Speaker 1: So you know, like so okay, so, so so what what was the episode like? Like, I mean, if you can't show it to us, describe it, what was it like?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So basically okay, So what the episode was like is basic. You know, we're in this hotel, they come by and so, uh, you know, she's showing us around. Uh, let me get this, let me get my it's been a little bit. So yeah, basically we go to Hachiko statue. She shows a shabuyah scramble and excuse me, Oh my lord, there's a peanut butter sandwich coming up. Excuse me. But she yeah, we you know, going around Shibuya scramble. And then they're like, hey, let's go down this. I wish I could remember the street, some street, and oh, let's do picuda And so Petticuda is, like I guess, really popular in Japan. It's like, I guess young girls like going there to take cute photos or something something like that or some shit. And so, oh dude, and that's the other thing. Right before that, they wanted to get me kind of shot at me eating takoyaki, and I was like, okay, but it was like hot and shit, dude, it came straight off the damn the damn presses and I was like, all right, I'm doing it for the damn camera. I'm gonna eat this takoyaki. And I burnt my damn mouth on the damn takoyaki. But yeah, there's like they had Takoyaki went to Petty coulda. We took like like super Kawhi photos and whatever. I mean in between segments where you know, I'm talking to the to the cameraman, I'm talking, I'm trying to talk to them and my shitty Japanese and my brother's also helping me tremendously, you know, so you know, trying to talk to them, and then obviously we have the translator, which is that guy was cool as hell too. Man, that guy was so awesome. It's like damn yeah. So you know, we're talking to him and then so let me get back on track. This is now my I'm trying to keep this as linear as possible, So sorry about you know, taking little diversions. So you know, then after that we go to A. So that's the other thing too. The guy we we were kind of like, we were like, I don't know when this episode is gonna end, but like the guy was like, let's finish it off at A at A you know, let's eat somewhere and let's finish off the episode there. And so you know, we're there, like where'd you guys want to go? And we're like, I don't know, we're not really that hungry. Maybe we could eat fucking dude. I said that as a kind of a joke, but like I was like, dude, let's go eat you don't, which is like you don't go eat you don't with like a bunch of I guess like in an episode like that. There's like a meme in Japan but Chiegu, which is like, you know, you eat Tigu is basically.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, Guton's like the beef ball, right, yeah.
Speaker 3: The beef ball. Yeah, the beef balls. Hey no, there ain't nothing wrong with the beef bowl. Right. But there's like a meme about like Chigu, which is like if you put cheese on gute your youw don't you like you look like basically like that in cell looking kind of guy. You kind of look like that you look at that's like like a editing or whatever. I don't think it's a beta thing, but like there's a certain physiognomy that a type of person who's chiegu you guns or whatever. And like I mentioned it to the to the producer and he just kind of fucking lasts. He's like, no, we're not doing that ship And so like you know, we're trying to find different places to eat at and all. Obviously there's a whole like you can't go into a building without asking you know, oh wait, okay, can I let me backchuck a little bit. We also went to tower records. That was cool as hell being able to like see all the damn records and tower records that was awesome as hell.
Speaker 1: Like let me tell you, let me ask you this, me ask you this. Okay, So you're on this Japanese television show and you went here for like a month, and let's get I want to get back yes to the ultimate narrative of you because you said that this experience was quite transformative for you. Is what is what you were saying? And and how like how did it reinvigorate you?
Speaker 3: Like I don't think I realized it during during there during the whole process. I think it was more so after the fact. I think it was, And it sort of aligns with the whole like maybe more so in like this narrative that you tell yourself, like you keep telling yourself this narrative. I think it was like I realized that I was in a shit run and like you know, I didn't want to do pharmacy. I didn't want to do fucking work in a lab, but I didn't know what the fuck I wanted to do. And I was, you know, here I am graduated with a biochem degree, but now here I'm working as a server somewhere like this ego thing about it. And you know, I also got like some injury like scapular winging, and so like I kind of lost my ability to you know, exercise too. I liked exercising, and you know, I was just like getting this right constantly, just day and day out, being at home doing the same damn thing over and over again. And then I you know, I probably lost some sort of controls. I had an eating disorder and that was also fucking me up and making me depressed. And then I think, but what I think, I think it was my my my hypothesis for why it maybe got me out in trance, why I feel this now revitalization is I feel like during that process I felt like maybe I didn't I had no value, or at least I wasn't able to do things like I like. I guess how I would describe it as when you go to the gym, you get some sort of confidence because like, oh, look, I was able to do this thing that I you know, I wasn't able to do right, or at least I didn't think I was able to. And I have I can show it off with my muscle or whatever, or you know, you go and you do something way.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I'm sorry to interrupt. I'm sorry to interrupt you. But somebody in the chat found your episode. Somebody in the chat found your episode.
Speaker 3: Oh shit, really, I'm looking a yeah, I'm looking at it.
Speaker 1: There's like an article about it. There's an art. Is this you wearing the Mad TV shirt? Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Mac mac DeMarco wasn't mad, but it's like a Mac DeMarco kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah is that you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's me, dude.
Speaker 1: That's so sick. That's awesome.
Speaker 3: I know, it's fucking crazy. I don't know, it's crazy, man, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is a real, verifiable story. Sorry, go ahead, I'm interdrop.
Speaker 3: Yeah it's true. No, yeah, but real man. And if they can somehow find the episode, you know, it's been a it's been a bit. I don't know if you can, but there's definitely that. Yeah, there's that article and then like, I guess I got myself out of that, right, Like I don't know. In some sense too, during the whole planning of the whole month of Japan, I was like, I don't know if I can fucking do this. I don't know if I want to, Like I was also clinging so desperately to my routine, and I was like, fuck, no, fuck it, let's just go ahead and do it. And I think it was just like being out in Japan, you know, doing this thing that I thought I wasn't able to do, and also proving to myself. I think this is my hypothesis, is why. I mean, maybe it could be something completely different. I don't know, but like that I was capable of doing these things I wasn't able to do, and then coming back and then maybe realizing that subconsciously that had re reinvigorated into me some sort of confidence that I can do these things that you know, I don't need.
Speaker 1: To be told what to do.
Speaker 3: I can from in my own meaning and value.
Speaker 1: And see, Andrew, this is this is in se Andrew, you know what is you accomplished that not by talking and thinking endlessly in circles about how to figure out how to do stuff. You accomplished it by you accomplished it by being on a Japanese TV show.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, yeah, just like fucking doing shit. Just like yeah, I mean like there's a time and place for thinking. But also just like ties into this book I was reading about the Outsider, you know, yeah, you just gotta Yeah, there's it's a dynamic. There's a dynamic, dynamic aspect of life.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, So so let's so, let's so let's rail this on home, Andrew, let me ask you this before we go. Okay, so, now that you are reinvigorated and that you've you've realized through a combination of through through, through, and this is the main idea of what the whole thing that we've been talking about is you. Now you've realized this through a combination of action followed by thinking and revaluation and whatnot. A little ya, a little yang. What's next? What do you?
Speaker 3: What do you?
Speaker 1: What's next for you? What do you want to do the next?
Speaker 3: I think, I know, I think I know. Now I need to forget the fuck out of my house. I need to move out, I need to find a different job, and I need to just like do something outdoors, find some sort of job outdoors, and just you know, as long as I can just read, I can walk, I can run, I can boulder. If I can keep those variables the same and just do that ship, that's that's the next thing I'm going to be doing, you know. So right now you're just in the middle of doing job applications and ship and get the hell out of here and move out. And that's what I need to do.
Speaker 1: Man, Andrew. Uh, this I I appreciate. Uh, I appreciate this conversation. This was this was really fun.
Speaker 3: I can I actually I appreciate too. This is crazy.
Speaker 1: Can I maybe maybe, uh maybe I'll put a link to the Should I this is? This is not typical of what I usually do? But can I? Should I put a link to the article in in like the in like the episode description, just so people can see it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you want God bless the rest.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, this is fun. This is fun. You know, I'll put I'll put a link to to the article in the in the episode description, just so people can see this ship. Wow, I love this. I love this is. This is by the way, I just I appreciate your story because this is this. This is what I really want my podcast to be about. Is like here, here's here's a man who found who found reinvigoration for his life by accidentally being on a Japanese TV show. That's those are the kinds of stories I want to report them.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I mean like some of becoming like you know me too, I'm still trying to figure out my shit too, and you know, not everything is all you know, some flowers and daisies or whatever, but like, of course, I mean if that can be any sort of like indication for others or whatever, then you know, that's awesome. That's awesome. And again, thank you for letting me speak to you too and all that. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Andrew's anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 3: Uh? Anything else is saying? I think I spoke my piece. I just hope the rest of you and everything else in your guys' life, you know, it turns out well or you get to do whatever you need to do or all that shit. I guess I don't really have that much else.
Speaker 1: Just keep living, you know, Thank you, Andrew.
Speaker 3: I never kill yourself, keep it fifty fift.
Speaker 1: Don't ever kill yourself. Keep it fifty to fifty. God bless you, Andrew, keep going. I'm gonna keep running on that treadmill, or don't. It's actually I think I should take a break. But God bless you Andrew. You take care, you have a the rest of the.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Papa bless thank you you doo okay, thank you, Lyle, See you later.
Speaker 1: Brother, later, brother. I liked that guy. That guy was. That was a cool guy. That was a good guy. That's got that was a That man was a real life trooper right there. That guy. I felt that. I felt that man's wavelength. That man. You ever talk to someone who they just have never thought about anything, you know, it's like it's like, how are you even alive? And then you talk to and then it's nice because I tell you, you talk to a guy like Andrew, and it's like, all right, you've thought about everything. You've thought about everything. And because there's two types of people. There's people who've never not two types of people, but there exists two types of people. Not finitely, but people have thought about nothing. And when you meet someone who they've thought about nothing, uh, you're like her, you alive, you know. And then you meet someone you know whose brain maybe works a little bit more like uh, like like mind does, or like Andrew does, where it's like, oh, you've thought about too many things. How are you alive?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: And the answer is you just keep going, You just keep not dying. That's how you stay alive is every day you keep avoiding death and danger in mayhem, and you keep trudging on, you keep moving to the finish line. And if you're lucky, you you wind up a talking gecko or you wind up on a Japanese TV show with your dentist's cousin. That's what I've learned about life in the past forty minutes. Hey, what's up?
Speaker 5: Hey, what's hell?
Speaker 3: Gek?
Speaker 1: How you doing? What's your name?
Speaker 5: My name is Addie Man Addie Addie.
Speaker 1: That's like when it's like when you're yeah, like when you go to a party and you're like, where's the party? Send me the Addie.
Speaker 5: It's actually att wide short for Atticus, like.
Speaker 1: Like oh, like the butt, like a walking bird.
Speaker 5: That was a rough like week of high school. That was like a lot of hearing that name. You don't you don't usually hear that name, just like out and.
Speaker 1: About no, not really what did you Did you read it or did you spark note it?
Speaker 5: I read this ship out of that my dad and my mom kind of like peer pressured me when I was a little kid to read it because they were like, that's what you're named after. It's like important.
Speaker 1: Uh what oh oh, so you're named after the book, so that is where you got the name.
Speaker 5: See, I asked them and they kind of just like side shift the conversation and they I think they like to tell people that, but I feel like there's an ulterior motive.
Speaker 1: What's going on, Addie? What makes you want to call a get go on the phone today?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 5: So, like I have this walk to class and it's really cold, and I like to listen to your podcast while I walk. And last week I heard someone talking about how they felt like they're disappointing their like dad and that they have like a work relation with them. Because that's kind of what happens with me, is I like work with my dad, and I worry a lot lately at least that I'm like this appointing him and kind of my family, and it's like making me feel a little shittier about kind of like the choices I'm making in my life.
Speaker 1: How old are you in college?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm twenty one. I'm in college. I'm about to graduate.
Speaker 1: You said you're disappointed with the choices you're making in your life.
Speaker 5: I kind of, I don't know. I feel like they're not great. I feel like they're kind of self destructive in a way, Like I feel like I have a good thing go like going for me. So it feels kind of like sometimes the choices I make are like just dumb, like they're kind of like like what Philly So like Okay, So like the big thing is like why I think I'm disappointing my parents is like I'm kind of big into like weed and I grow it. And the whole thing is that I've kind of like lately kind of like you got a lot of weed and I'm a broke college students. What do you do? You like sell it to your friends? And I've kind of gotten in a little hot water for that, And it's like feels just like it's a silly decision, you know.
Speaker 1: Well, uh, well, here's the thing is that there's actually a lot of people I'm gonna I'm gonna take a different I'm gonna take an alternative stance on this I'm gonna I'm gonna take an alternative stance on this one. What state are you? Are you in a or don't tell me about state you're in, but are you in a legal state?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 5: It's recently legal, like in the last few years for sure.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you I mean, because why don't you're like on the border?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, Like I'm gonna be honest here. I think some people I know because I like, I grew up in the other state and I'm in the border of one. Like I'm gonna be honest here. Like no self admittance. I'm definitely questionable, you know, in in where they're from.
Speaker 1: Well, hold on, hold on, you're no, no, no, you're unquestionably doing something illegal no matter what what here. Just because you're in a just just because you're in a state where you can legally buy weed does not mean that you can legally grow and sell weed as just like a guy.
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't think I'm doing anything like that bad, Like, I mean no.
Speaker 1: But that's but that's not what the question question is whether or not. But here's okay, But hold on back to what I was saying, is, why don't you I don't know. Once you go pro you're twenty one, I I.
Speaker 5: Mean I definitely could. I'm working on it, like right now, you know, like my state has like some stuff getting some like like legalization for businesses, and I'm doing the stuff to do that. But it's more of just like it feels like my my parents are definitely getting in the direction like week by week almost months by month, and it's like, uh, they don't want me to go that route. They kind of want me to like choose a traditional route. I think my dad really wants me to take over like the family business. He really wants me to like connect it out. And it just feels like every day I go there, you know, it's like and I like see him, it's like slowly but surely he's kind of giving me that eye almost kind of like even though he may not necessarily agree with the like the practices of it, I think it's more of just the general like stigma is kind of leaning them out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but but it brother trying to start your own little family business.
Speaker 5: That's true, that's very but.
Speaker 1: But why don't you go Here's what I'm saying is I don't know, I don't really actually I don't know anything about this industry, but like, how hard is it for you to go pro? Like do you need a bunch of expensive.
Speaker 5: It's money, you know, it's definitely the money part. But I also am like I'm a little worried about like the image part of it too, is like people say, you know, you don't have to care what other I mean, Like the big thing is, like I've noticed lately, like a lot of kids that went to high school with and like people I know are are definitely starting to like I'm starting to lose some of the connections. It seems like some people are starting to like not necessarily see me the same way. It kind of feels like my my ambitions and dreams are kind of correlating against like what my the general image of like going on in life. And I know you're probably gonna say, like, oh, you don't need those people and like whatever, but it's like, I don't know, It's like it feels it's a little hurtful in a way, Like my friends and my family are kind of feeling that way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course, of course, I you know what, and yes, I was probably yes, I was probably going to go on a rant very similar to the rant that you think I'm going to go on. But also, you know, look, man, I'm I'm not connected to your situation in anyway, and I'm not used. Of course, it's easy for me to say those things, and I know that the actually feeling them is quite a different thing. But well, I here's the thing. Is like weed aside, like the stigmas of weed aside. I mean, entrepreneurship is awesome, and I think like starting your own business is awesome and his great, and you know, I mean that's I can't help you in terms of like what your friends and your family think. But that's what I get out of it, is like, this is a this is a young man trying to make his own buck in this in this lawless hell scape of of of of twenty twenty five America, And by god, I do I do. I I just support that, you know, And if it happens to be in marijuana, it's like, you know, whatever marijuana is basically, you know, it's like cigarettes. It's like nothing it is it is.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's like that.
Speaker 1: Way cigarettes A right, cigarettes are.
Speaker 5: Bad with the degree, but it feels kind of rough, you know. That's that's the role I'm kind of getting into is like, you know, it may not be as bad, but it's also like the you know, I got a degree, and it feels like I'm kind of going into something that like not a lot of people have degrees, or that I might not even make it, might have to work something else, you know. Because that's the thing is like going every day and seeing my dad kind of likes feel kind of disappointed about it. It's kind of leaning me out. It's making me kind of want to leave my income, make it try and work. But then it's like that stability, you know, like that was really it was a good message, you know.
Speaker 1: Like well, wait, what's the family business?
Speaker 5: Well, so like my my dad he owns like a greenhouse company, but it's a It's the problem is that like it's it's relatively decent, like it does well for our area, so people know me, and that's where kind of that image comes in, Like I think he kind of it's like a black sheep of the kid kind of thing. Mm hmm. And I've had some problems before, like growing up, so it's kind of it kind of feels like it's all compounding into like one one big thing. You know where it's like, shit, I don't know where this is gonna go in the sense of like how they're gonna treat me. Where it's where it's gonna end up, you know. I mean, I got my degree, I did I did the works, I did the things he definitely wanted. But then it's kind of like that whole weird relationship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a bummer. I don't want to like. I mean, it's it's it's a bummer, right because I I I it's just it's a shame that it's like the fact that your parents don't like I guess I don't know. I don't want to speak out of turn on your parents whatever. But if you're parents don't like support, if your parents don't support your own independent vision of your life, that just sucks. That is a bummer. There's no like fixing that. I think that sucks. I think that's how bummer. But I also think it would be a bummer two, you know, dilute your life because of that. I think that would that would take one bummer, that would turn one bummer into a double bummer. From from from where I stand echo it would be a compounding bummer.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean That's the thing is I feel like compounding bummer is like not the end goal of growing growing up in moment in anyway, I think. I think it's just kind of like do what you love, try and enjoy your life, go about it.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you already find all right, So I mean you are you already fundamentally understand that. But it's just like, oh it sucks that scary. It is scary. Yeah, it is scary, But I.
Speaker 5: Don't know, man, I mean, the biggest thing is like, oh sorry, it's just like, uh, it's kind of a weird thing. Is like my sister. I have an older sister and she definitely had I don't want to say she had other problems, but she had more like the big thing is she like went to had to rehab stunt, had like a whole thing. And it's it's kind of a weird comp problem because it kind of feels like I had to be the good kid growing up for a long time, and every time I made a mistake, it like like how you were saying, it's that compounding bummer almost. It feels like if I don't fill in what's going right, it's gonna kind of just eventually compounded, but like what is what are they gonna say to me? And I feel like I should just do what I enjoyed. But then it's like that, like how we were saying, it's that fear of getting over it. It's tough, just like kind of going all in, going off the deep and maybe cutting off some of the people who you may think are good for you.
Speaker 1: Well why do you, like, what do you mean go all in? Like why can't you just like kind of like like what, I don't I guess I don't understand why you because all right, your parents want you to like work on the family business, right, like can you do you not have? Are you not able to work on that for a little bit? And then also when you're not doing that, ask chat GPT how to get a fucking license to sell weed? And oh yeah, Arizona, remember the little license thing.
Speaker 5: I'm doing that. But the it's the problem is like it seems like my dad is like cutting my hours a bit recently. It seems like he he says he wants me to focus on school, and I'm like, hey, man, I need to work. I need to make money here, I need to be self sufficient independent, And it seems he's saying there's like budgetary reasons, and I'm just like, man, I just don't trust that. I feel like there's something else going on around here, because it's never been a problem before until like especially the last about six six to seven months, when I've been going really all in on my license. I've been trying to really go hard and getting it for my state. So it's kind of been like a bit.
Speaker 1: Of a you know, sorry, I just dropped a coin. I don't know if I was fidgeting with it, playing with a coin and I dropped. Sorry, I don't know. I'm gonna I'm gonna cut that part. I'm gonna cut that out of the podcast. Actually no, actually, you know what. No, I'm gonna take responsibility for dropping the coin, and I'm I'm gonna take Yeah. Wait, Brandon Brandon, let's leave this in the podcast. We're not not cutting any of this. Yeah, I'm a big sorry. I'm talking to Brandon Brandon. Shout out, Brandon Brandon edits the podcast. So now I'm okay, all right, anyway, anyway.
Speaker 5: Continue, I'm a leg fidget. I like to walk, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me too. I like to walk to walk, I don't know what kind of what's what state are you in? Can I ask?
Speaker 5: Okay, I'll give myself a little docs here. I'm in Minnesota, so I'm in like the deep Northwest. And funny enough, we've actually talked about this before, about six months ago, before I really wanted to like commit myself to well because like we talked like a while back when I was just really getting like some like response we talked before.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The funny thing is, I kind of like, I don't want to say this as like my check up, but it's almost like a reinvigoration. I was sitting here and I was like, man, I'm just I'm tired. I kind of want to go to bed. And then I saw you were streaming. I was like, a man, it's been a while since.
Speaker 1: All right, well let me I mean, okay, can I I'm just I'm gonna take can I can? I take what I acknowledged to be a blindly optimistic stance. I acknowledge this to be a blindly optimistic stance. But it's but it's worth I believe it's worth exploring, not saying it's what's gonna happen, not saying that life is always sunshine and rainbows. But it's where I think it's for recreation's sake. We can explore the blindly optimistic take, which is that, I mean, listen, you're gonna become a fucking You're gonna start a brand, right, you know, That's what this is. This shit is is you start a brand, you go to you know you, I mean, you could I just see, I just see like just I just the blind optimist take is that I just see you being able to, like, you know, you launch a little weed brand, and maybe you start going to trade shows, and maybe you start like getting involved in the Minnesota marijuana community, and then and then the culture of it, and then maybe you're like, oh shit, I actually have a bunch of new, cool, awesome friends in this industry, and I'm actually doing a bunch of new, cool, awesome stuff. And so all the people that I went to high school with who didn't really fucking do anything that are upset at me because I'm doing marijuana, I don't even think about them anymore because I'm too busy hanging out with new cool people who've accept me in my way of life. And I'm making and I'm making, and I could be and again, again, I'm not saying that this is what's going to happen, because yes, of course all the time, but you could also be making way more fucking money than if you took over your dad's business. And again I'm not saying that these are guaranteed things, but I am saying that these are these are things worth aspiring to and giving a shot at, because why they're fucking mouth why yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah sure. So I'm just saying, like.
Speaker 5: It's like you are right, it is. We did end on the of who gives a fuck of who like what everyone else is doing, do what I need to do, which is the correct feel we yesh, Yeah, I think that is the right approach. I think it is the mentality I should have. I think it's gonna help me just get out there not worry about it.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's so cool. I like it's also it's just so cool. It's like you're gonna you could start a brand of like your own fucking weed and you get involved in like a scene culture.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm trying to be sustainable. I want to provide something for a community. But most of the things we have ever heard of, like ditch weed that's what we got up here mostly No that it's it's oh so it's like it's people call like brickweed ditch weed. It's like comes from Mexico. It's like it's what they bring over the border. It's like way back when. And it's the whole thing is that it would come in like plastic field cases, so it looks like a brick and they wouldn't dry or ferment it, so it's not like mole and it's called like ditch weed. It's what we got up here because it's it's Minnesota, you.
Speaker 1: Know where, what's what city are you near? Like a major city?
Speaker 5: What I just I mean, I'm gonna I'm gonna fully dog myself here. I mean like I'm in I'm in like right by like there's a morehead. I'm like a I'm in the litteral no joke. If you just draw like a line towards Minneapolis, I'm in the stretch of that. There's just nothing.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm mm hmm.
Speaker 3: And it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what it's just cold, stry.
Speaker 1: Well listen, I just look, I'll and I'll end, I'll it's no, you're not no one. First I forget First of all, I forget what your name is because I forget everyone's name, but you're no one's gonna find you, and they're they're gonna find you once, uh once they're whatever. Okay, okay, okay, okay, but like look, let me just end on this. And again, I know it's I I have so many voices in my brain telling me that I don't want to be uh uh. I think it's good, you know, you know what you know, I'm ignore I'm gonna ignore all of those voices and I'm gonna be optimistic with you. I you're I really think that if you you could be by getting a legal license and starting a little brand and getting involved in the community of these things, you could be embarking on such a wonderful, awesome, great adventure and career for yourself. And I would. And I am bummed out that your dad does not see that same way. I am bummed out by that, But I don't think it should stop you from from trying, because you're young, you're clearly, you're clearly a smart guy, and you could be embarking on again what what what could be a really cool, wonderful adventure, not just you know, for just for you as a human being, not even just as like a oh I'm gonna make a bunch of money thing. But you know, you'll meet people, you'll try shooting the thing that I just do, the thing that you just fucking just yeah, just do it. And again I'm bummed out that your dad doesn't see it that way. But I don't think you're gonna You're gonna die and you're only get you're young, so just I just think you should try it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Okay, Well I could die at any time, that's the thing. Yeah, Like I could die at any time, you know, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do it now, especially especially now that thousands of people know where you live.
Speaker 5: Dude, the hit man's coming from me, I swear to god I heard him already. Yeah, I mean, I definitely do not have guns on a compound.
Speaker 1: Far.
Speaker 5: I'm just joking.
Speaker 1: Well, hey, when you met, can you send me? Can you are you're not allowed to send it?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 5: I mean, hey, this is what I'll say. It's legally you can transport it technically over the borders, but it's considered smuggling if you have to enter a state that it's not legal. All right, It's kind of like a weird picky law, but I do have an Instagram where I post pictures of them.
Speaker 1: Plug your plug your Instagram if you want, Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 5: Baked cultivation b a k e S cultivation.
Speaker 3: That we don't have too much right now.
Speaker 5: Baked cultivation b a k e S cultivation.
Speaker 1: Baked right now, we cultivate, okay, yeah, baked cultivate all right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, So we make mostly like live rosin and hash right now. And that's the those are mostly like the you know, post plant extracts, but we do some flower. But the big thing is we we're currently right now social equity verified in the market, so we can't really sell anything. But once licenses are put out in theoretically May to June, we can have our products on shelves.
Speaker 1: Wait, so is it like past testing? What a man? So this instagram, I don't want to put you on like blast here. This instagram is.
Speaker 5: Not illegal, right, No, not illegal at all. I'm twenty one one. I am within legality of what I can grow within my own home. I also I am verified by the government to grow. It's perfectly fine.
Speaker 1: There we go, nice, you know, hold on, let me look right now. It's bakes Underscore is then bakes no underscore. All right, hold on, I probably make it public. I feel like, oh there it is public right now, No, it's public. Yeah. I like this. I like the small batch crafts, cannibate Minnesota entrepreneurs. Oh you're good here, you know. Here's by the way. Let me just say this to you, because if you were just like some fucking douchebag and you called me and you were like, yeah, man, I like I like smoking, I like selling weed to my friends, but like maybe I could. But like, you're already doing ship, you know what I mean? Like you're already you have a website. You're gonna be fine. Like, look, you already have a well you already have a website. What the fuck you have like a you're already doing Yeah, you're already doing all this ship. You have a fucking website.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: You know, you may think that I'm already doing there. It just feels it feels like I'm getting told otherwise. But you know that's the I think that's part of the battle of it is. I think people just aren't going to agree with it in the first place. Like it's just bro, look.
Speaker 1: You wait, hold on, who are who are Alex and Danny. You have like homies that you're doing this with. Wow, my this is sick. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So I have a girl, I have a I got a buddy who grows through. He is like a student right now at a local college. He does biochemistry, so he does like the extract part. And then I have a family member who grows within, uh like within just for fun, and he's grown for like fifty sixty years, so he's like quite a older guy. Bro.
Speaker 1: You guys like she Honestly, I'm just looking at your website right now, and I'm like, oh, okay, you're not.
Speaker 5: Like and then yeah, this is we're not quite done yet.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, no, no, hold on, I'm look at your website right now. I'm like, okay, you this is something that you actually like care about and uh want to do you know what I mean? It would be it would bum me. I think you should do this. This is really cool.
Speaker 5: I think I'm excited. I really want to get it going. It's I mean it's a big battle of like getting it, like you know, up off the ground, getting it in large scale, but like it's it's a scary thing too. I mean I feel like I'm kind of putting my career in a way because like there's this another company in our local area stort of doing like CBD Extracts, like five six years ago, and they essentially went out of business because they just weren't able to like really get a customer pull because our area isn't as you know, open and accepting of you know, cannabis byproducts. So it's interesting to see how it works. Thank you, Lyle. I fucking love you, man. That's great that I hope you know that's gonna make my That makes my day, man, Thank you?
Speaker 3: Do you like to say?
Speaker 1: Everyone?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah? With the with the I was this Victorian guy, dude.
Speaker 5: So that's in the Smithsonian. It's like this guy who draws like pieces of time and that's what people call him. And like this guy is like the whole thing is he's smoking with his buddy, like and there's a priest there and someone snuck in tobacco into his bowl and he's like spitting it out. I thought that was funny.
Speaker 1: That's all all right, I'm gonna all right, I officially, I official, I blindly officially endorse I blindly based off of my good faith that you were telling me the truth that all of this is completely legal. I blindly endorse, I blindly endorse bakes Cultivation. Go follow them, Okay, right now now there's good yeah, all right, now you gotta do it.
Speaker 5: Putting that I'm clipping that, I'm putting that out of proportion.
Speaker 1: I'm go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 5: Oh really wow, beautiful?
Speaker 3: All right? Man?
Speaker 1: Well well, well, well listen, is any is the anything else you want to say the people of the computer before we go.
Speaker 5: I would love to say that, you know, everyone has their own struggles. Everyone has like you know, everyone makes their fuck ups. But the thing is is like it's all about what you want to do tomorrow. I I had my fair share of fuck ups.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: I can make my own things happen. But you know, don't let your dad tell you what to do.
Speaker 1: Sick beautiful, Love you all right, man, Love you all right? Love you hey, hey, hey, love me too, man, Love you too. I don't usually I don't usually say I don't usually say I love you to people call in because it makes me feel a little weird. But I I think I love you a little bit.
Speaker 5: Thank you man. If you're ever in Minnesota. By the way, I went to your show that was in Minneapolis. It's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Oh kick ass? All right, all right, next time I'm there, I'm gonna I'm gonna, yeah, no, next time, next time I'm there, I'll d M you and I'm gonna try to smoke some of your weeds.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, man, I'll make the lyle pack.
Speaker 1: I got you sick, sick, all right, take care of good luck, bye bye good Yeah. I like that guy. That guy was cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'm just looking at this what I like. I love, I really do, I love. I love. I love a cool small business. You know what I mean. I love a cool small business. And I don't know, I really ah, God, just looking at this guy's website and just the fact that he has one, you know what I mean, because people called into the show, and you hear people talk all the time about like, oh I kind of might want to do this thing and blah blah blah and whatever, and you know this guy's he's just already doing it. Like the fact that he even has all this shit out there, you know. So I hope he goes for it. Yeah, go follow Bake's cultivation. God, I hope this is I hope. I'm not getting this guy like fucking raided by the police or whatever. I don't know. Oh crap, Now I have to go back to Minnesota to smoke this guy's weed. I don't know why. I know, hold on, Actually, I don't know why. I just dissed Minnesota. Now I have no reason to.
Speaker 3: I like.
Speaker 1: I like Minnesota. Minnesota's cool. Oh look, his instagram already has a few more followers. That's nice. Yeah, shout out to Minnesota. If you're in Minnesota, by buy weed from this guy, or I mean, don't yet, wait until he has these can legally sell it. Okay, sick? All right?
Speaker 5: Hello, Yo, how's it going.
Speaker 1: It's going all right? How you doing?
Speaker 3: Not too bad?
Speaker 5: How's uh, how's the whole get got thing going?
Speaker 1: How's the whole gecko thing going today? It's going pretty good. Today, it's going pretty good. We're having some nice conversations with some people. It's pretty pretty chill. Uh. What's up with you, buddy?
Speaker 3: Not too much?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just uh, I haven't doing it in your stream for a long time, so I just want to. Yeah, I just thought, see what's going on? You don't have like the green screen back background anymore.
Speaker 1: I noticed that I have it sometimes. Wait, can you do me a favorite? Can you take me off a speakerphone?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm sorry. All right, how's that?
Speaker 1: I have it sometimes? But uh yeah, like I'm trying, I'm in I'm in Japan right now, and uh I brought well, I brought all my crap with me. I brought all my crap with me and now and I just never felt like setting it up. And I'm like, wait a minute, I can achieve the same results with just my microphone. Uh, which is which you know, some could call it lazy. I call it efficient.
Speaker 5: I can see that. That's that's that's fair. I mean, I mean if you don't really need you know, the green screen and the you know whatever effects. Yeah, I mean, I mean you're good. I mean, if you're in Japan, that's I mean, that makes it work. There are you doing any content in Japan? Are getting like interview people in Tokyo?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm interviewing you right now.
Speaker 5: Well I'm not in Tokyo, but this this is.
Speaker 1: My this is my Japan content is talking to people on the phone while I'm in a hotel room in Japan.
Speaker 5: Okay, I got you? Yeah, that's that's I guess you're the one in Japan. So that that that qualified well.
Speaker 1: So I I mean, I I came here two years ago and that was when I kind of did my whole like that that the trip I took two years ago is more focused on, like I'm this trip, I'm just kind of chilling here. But last two years ago I did I did like a more Japan focused content. But today this time, well, I mean, I'm going on a walk. I'm I am in uh, let's see, sometime next week or actually, I don't know when this episode is going to air, so this might be this week, I don't I don't know exactly, but sometime between starting on what February six seventeen, starting on February seventeenth or sixteenth, depending on the time zone or whatever, sometime the week of February sixteenth, I'm gonna go on a walk across through the Nacascendo Trail, like fifty miles and I'm gonna live I'm gonna live stream it on Twitch, dot tv slash Lisle forever, so that counts. I'm gonna do it, and I'm not gonna do it in my costume though, because I don't. I don't really feel like it. Initially I was I wasn't even gonna stream it. Initially, I was just gonna do it for fun. And then well I'm still doing it for fun, but I am streaming it. I am doing it and streaming it for fun. Yeah, I used to back in like twenty twenty one. Okay, you know, uh yeah, maybe less people might watch, but I don't I think, I mean, it'll be fun. I wasn't even streaming it. Is kind of like I mainly just wanted to do it, so streaming it is more of like a why not. Well, I'm doing it with a friend, and my friend streams, uh and so he already has all the equipment and stuff, so I'm like, all right, let's just do it to my channel too.
Speaker 5: That's pretty cool. Yeah. I don't know if I'd ever want to go to Japan, like anytime soon. The only thing I hear about it that might be cool is like gwenno akihabra or something, or like all the weave shit is because that I like anime or whatever. But besides that, it's like, I mean, it'll be great to go like anywhere in Japan. I mean Japan's great food and stuff too, but it's just like I don't know if i'd ever want like live there or like go there, like you know, it's like a long time.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: It's cool. Where do you Where do you live now? Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I live in the States. I live in like the Midwest.
Speaker 1: That's cool. Yeah, I mean no, Japan. Japan is cool. It's stuff. It's has a lot of UH. It's a very different place than like New York City. Everyone here is UH is like about the rules.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Everyone here is like like there's a weird it's super yeah, super clean, super efficient, no one. I was on the subway in Japan and like it's funny in the New York City subway people UH will like come on like every single day you you go to the subway and somebody comes on and they're like, hey, everybody, it's time to start the show. And they take a boom box and they play start playing music and like dancing and like collecting tips and it's like this is completely normal. And then on the Japan and then I was on the subway in uh Tokyo and it was so I had a paper cup and it was so quiet that I took my thumb and I rubbed the paper cup and I could hear the sound of my thumb rubbing on the paper cup. It was so quiet on the train. I was sitting now being here, I'm like, I can't imagine what it must what it would be like to like grow up in Japan and like, you know, live here for all of your life and then go to New York City and go to the subway, like it would be It's just such a crazy culture shock. I really don't wonder. Really it would fuck you up. It would be like that's insane, insane culture shock. Yeah. Like another thing is like on the escalators here, like like if you're like you will see a big escalator, every single person is standing to the left side of the escalator without fail, every single time. I'm not a single person is not standing on the left.
Speaker 5: Like I've never thought about that.
Speaker 1: It's it's crazy.
Speaker 5: And I like always walk on escalators. And it's like and now, and you're just saying that now, and I'm like, wait, am I not supposed to like walk on? I mean you're not supposed to, but like I'm never no one's ever like said like, hey, don't walk on escalator, don't like or don't move an escalator, but like and I'm stop considering that's like kind of that's like some people like consider that like indecent or something to like walk like up or like like like up an escalator, like down escalator because it's like.
Speaker 1: But even like or like in the States, like if you go to a mall or a subway or something like, people are like hanging out on the like people like have their arms lazed bouts on the on the escalator. People are sleeping on the escalator. People are like there is no like I must stand on the left. People are standing on the left side, they're standing on the right side. They're having a whole escalator party. People like line. People like form lines to get on the subway cars. Like nobody in New York does that. It's it's it's weird. It's interesting. Yeah they did. They have a lot of little like stuff like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's I mean, it sounds nice. I heard the yen is down too, which is I mean, that's good for you. I want to guess. Yeah, maybe if the if USD is more powerful there, because yeah.
Speaker 1: We'll see. I don't know. I'm curious we'll see. I feel like the US this is this is a hilarious thing to talk about on the Therapy Gecko podcast. But I think the US. I don't know how. I don't know how much longer the US dollar has anymore either, So we'll see we might be joining the end in the near future. Who knows.
Speaker 5: Oh no, I mean that's not I mean, I guess that doesn't make it worse to go to Japan than that's I mean, that's on the bright side.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know. I just let's see how much longer do I have left to live. I'm twenty seven. If I'm lucky, I got fifty three more years, you know, I'll be okay.
Speaker 5: Do you think that? Do you think you're like, do you ever wonder if it's possible that you might not die? Like if you ever like, Look, do you know Brian Johnson is, like you know his whole stick?
Speaker 1: Yes, I know who Brian Johnson is. And I think I think it's a fool's Errand really, yeah, I hard disagree.
Speaker 5: With you on that point.
Speaker 1: Why why why do you hard disagree with me on that.
Speaker 5: It's a fool's Errand in the short term, just because of science. I don't. I mean, I'm not, I'm not professional or anything, but like, I mean, I think anyone can tell that it's we're nowhere near to like, you know, solving death or something. But I think that everyone, just like in the world culturally has like grown to accept like death as being normal because like, why wouldn't they. But but this point, with the way that our science is, no one has like it seems like no one besizing on people like Brian Johnson has seriously considered the possibility that death is just like an illness that we can cure eventually, and so people are not you know, actually told me about that as a serious possibility to.
Speaker 1: Do what what do you know? What do yeah to do? What? What do you have? What do you not have enough time to do?
Speaker 5: I don't know, go to go to Jupiter or something?
Speaker 3: Who knows? Who knows what?
Speaker 1: Why do you need? Why do you need to go to But also I I have a different I I'm lazy. That's why I'm not a good person to have this argument with why do you want to go to Jupiter? It's good, it's good to want to go to Jupiter. I genuinely believe that, but why do you want to go I.
Speaker 3: Mean you would I mean he would be lame to go to I mean Jupiter is.
Speaker 5: A bad example because you would just go through You just go through like a like a like a lot of it, and then you would get to the to the like to the core.
Speaker 1: By the way, hold on, hold on, brother, you don't even want to go to Japan. You want to go to Jupiter.
Speaker 5: I just said I wouldn't want to live in Japan.
Speaker 3: I think it would be cool to go.
Speaker 5: To Japan, but like living in Japan is like I mean, I just I mean, I just like that's just like, you know, up in the air for me, because Japan is like I don't know if I can handle living in Japan, just because it seems like it would be hard to to get a job in Japan sustainably because I'm trying to be I'm trying to work in like the video game industry. I feel like in Japan that would be awesome, but I would just not be able to compete with Japanese game devs compared to him.
Speaker 1: I feel like, you know, here's the thing is we need to like this is I guess shouldn't society be sustainable first, and then we can make it forever. Shouldn't we make it? Shouldn't we make it like sustainable and utopian and then we can make it forever. Uh.
Speaker 5: I mean in terms of like I guess it depends on what you're what you're comparing, like, because I mean, if if you're talking about, like, oh, we should we should colonize Mars because Earth is gonna you know, Earth is doing we need to go to a different like like, yeah, obviously it's stupid because we should just take care of the planet we have now. But in terms of living forever, like I mean, you can you got you can probably do both. I mean I think there's a lot, like a lot of science can be you know, invested in that like thing, and then we can figure that out at the same time. Like it's not like because like if whether or not we doll death, that's not going to prevent like it's that that's not gonna matter in terms of like wars happening, you know what I mean, Like like that that's no, those things aren't like really connected that much. Like we solve that tomorrow and there's still going to be so much war and so much you know. So there's like so many problems, like it's not you know what I mean, Like they're not Let me tell you.
Speaker 1: Let me just tell you one thing. Let me just tell you one thing. Seven eleven. Food here is a lot better than it is in America. For that reason, you might want to recard that, you might want to reconsider. And and because I'm eating it, I'm probably gonna die sooner. But uh, that's just what happens to me. What's your name again?
Speaker 5: If you were eating it in America, then you would die even sooner.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I would die. I'd probably die on the spot.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Wait, what was your question?
Speaker 1: What's your name again?
Speaker 5: My name is Al?
Speaker 1: Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before or like, if you had it, do you have any other final thoughts on humanity or any or anything there?
Speaker 3: You go?
Speaker 5: Uh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean they say.
Speaker 5: That there's two things that you can avoid, which are death and taxes. But you can avoid taxes now and maybe in one hundred years you can avoid death too, So guys will limit everyone.
Speaker 1: I like that? All right, man, I'll you know what, Yeah, maybe we'll maybe we can hang out on Jupiter one day. That could be cool.
Speaker 5: I'll see you there, brother, I'll see you there.
Speaker 1: I'll see you on the gas I God bless you, sir.
Speaker 5: You two wle talk to you later later.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: That was Al. That was al Uh. And Al wants to live forever on Jupiter, and I hope he does that one day. I hope we can all live forever on Jupiter. And if we can't do that, I hope we can all live on Earth for at least seventy years. I used to say at least eighty, but I think seventy is probably more realistic. All right, thank you, Hello folks, it's Lyle here. That's the end of this episode. But get this, I'm releasing a bonus episode this week. That's right, an entire extra hour of the podcast that you can listen to by becoming a premium member of Therapy Gecko over at Therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com. Supercast subscribers get access to bonus episodes, They get a completely ad free podcast feed of the regular show, they get recordings from my live shows, members only streams, and they help support my ability to continue doing this podcast. So here's a clip from this week's members only bonus episode.
Speaker 3: Essentially, this like creature came out of it.
Speaker 4: I would describe as like almost a comedicly classical representation of the devil, but not in like the haha funny sense, in like the it was like a three and a half foot tall, shriveled up husk in that moment, whatever that thing was, if it had told me to do anything, I would have just done it, you know, Brian?
Speaker 1: And yeah, Bran, how how are you doing right now? You still have this stuff going on. If you want to hear this full conversation, you can sign up to become a premium member at Therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com or find the link in the episode description that's Therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com. All right, I have nothing else to say. Goes on the line, taking your every nine. Goes to teaching us how to have your life. But he's not really an expert.