Speaker 1: Now, what's your hierarchy of Boston sports?
Speaker 2: Celtics, football, hats, base sucks, hockey, hockey.
Speaker 3: It descends into whiteness. It's like.
Speaker 2: Very much so, very much so.
Speaker 1: She's incredible stand up comic, former writer on SNL and like a super big time Boston sports fan.
Speaker 3: Comedian Sam jay I don't from a city with a white dooozy either, do meth or they weren't plumbing, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: We boath just did the roast, the Tom Brady roast.
Speaker 3: It was wild.
Speaker 2: It was wild.
Speaker 3: It was wild.
Speaker 1: The athletes, we're all fucking nervous. You're in the forum, there's fifteen thousand people.
Speaker 2: It's a live show on Netflix. We don't do this ship. You guys are used to this stuff.
Speaker 3: Spiking that glass and.
Speaker 2: Is there gonna be a lot? Will be a lawsuit?
Speaker 4: I think?
Speaker 2: Dude, who are your top five roasters.
Speaker 3: Of the night? Yeah, winner of tonight's contest will be Remember we're.
Speaker 1: Gonna go over the two thousand and seven week seventeen Patriots versus Giants game. This is when they went sixteen and oh, this is when all the pressure was on the Patriots.
Speaker 3: At that time, there was nothing Tombody couldn't do. First of all, I don't even will get what it is to be a black Patriots fan. And I'm in Atlanta, of all places where goings with the Patriots, go to this party. Everybody's a Giants fan. I'm by myself. We win. I jump up standing in front of the Giants screamers, and I'm like Gil Gil, I'm screaming.
Speaker 1: Games with Names a production of iHeartRadio. Welcome to Games with Names. I'm Julian Edelman and they are Jack and Kyler, and we are on the search to find the greatest game of all time or the god the greatest of all games.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 1: Maybe On today's episode, we are talking week seventeen of the two thousand and seven season finale between the Patriots the Giants sixteen and sixteen and oh records with I can't talk right now. With comedians with comedian Sam Jay, she was incredible.
Speaker 5: Awesome, She's great, awesome, so funny, knows her stuff. Bulbuster definitely not afraid to make her feel uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: Hey, yes, she knows when she's with some white people and she knows, Hey, I'm gonna say something and let's see how they react, Yes, I loved it. I don't know if Kyler did like Kyler turned red and shit, you guys gotta watch, you gotta watch.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, that's bullshit.
Speaker 1: She's incredible, stand up comic, former writer on SNL. We did the roast together and like a super big time Boston sports fan, it's it was. It's cool to hear her perspective on being a Boston sports fan. We go into the Brady Rose.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a little bit of reaction to that.
Speaker 1: She had crazy stories of twenty eight to three game and the eighteen and one Giant loss ye game.
Speaker 5: Repping New England down in Atlanta, Amen, behind enemy lines.
Speaker 1: And then we go down memory lane of the Patriots Perfect Dish season season, and then we wrap it up by hitting the old hot line.
Speaker 2: We had some we had some good, some crazy.
Speaker 5: Question you guys are bringing the eat, let's go, let's go. Oh, and before we get into it, how about that rescoring extravaganza. Guys, it's pretty good.
Speaker 2: It was good. That was great.
Speaker 5: The people loved it.
Speaker 2: We were Yeah, did they give us integrity? Comments?
Speaker 5: We got?
Speaker 2: We got a lot.
Speaker 5: I think people.
Speaker 2: I think that's what we need. We need to back on track.
Speaker 1: But if you think it's an integrity, you throw an integrity in the comments. It's integrity scores instead of w that's like integrity in the integrities in the chat, integra he's in the chat. If it's dog shit and completely embellished.
Speaker 2: It's called a jack score. Hey, hey, now, or we can go. Cubes cubes, cubes, let's go, let's go.
Speaker 1: December twenty ninth, two thousand and seven, met.
Speaker 2: Life Stadium, East Ruth Offord, New Jersey.
Speaker 3: And under Dog from California in a freak from West Virginia on the verge of NFL.
Speaker 6: In Mortown, and oh yeah, a perfect regular season is on the line too.
Speaker 3: This is the fore shadow gay game.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Games. His name Sam Jay.
Speaker 3: I'm so happy to be here.
Speaker 2: Are you yes? Are you lying?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: Oh I'm not Drew blessed. So she's happy to be here. So I had we had Drew Audi.
Speaker 2: He goes man, Sam Jay hate me.
Speaker 3: I tell so bad because I ended up like really loving him. I love him.
Speaker 2: He's a sweetheart.
Speaker 3: He's so cool to hang out with, Like he came to the store drank with us. It was so fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah he really, he's really got a.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like it was like I mean, genuinely good energy.
Speaker 2: It's tough to be in that situation. Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Now let's let's get into why we're here. We're gonna go over the two thousand and seven week seventeen Patriots versus Giants game. This is when they went sixteen and oh, this is when all the pressure was on the Patriots to be the team that can they go undefeated.
Speaker 2: Why did you pick this game?
Speaker 3: Because there was so much, so much hope in the air, you know, it was so much hope in the airs. As a person from Boston, I just remember the energy around the team and like, we're gonna and then I also thought about the deflation of not winning the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: That was two years was three or four years later.
Speaker 3: But yeah, you know, but it was so much hope. It was so much hope. Yeah, it was just a buzzing ass time.
Speaker 1: Now I wasn't part of this team, but I remember watching this and as a guy, I used to love Tom Brady because Tom was always the underdog. It was always supposed to be Paint Manning's league. We were both from the Bay Area. He was never supposed to be the guy. So I always could relate to him. So I always was like rooting for the Patriots low key when they were in these runs. I was feeling anxiety, yeah, every week because every team seemed to be playing them super hard. Is that how you guys felt that were fans? Or you guys just said, we're gonna.
Speaker 3: Get this un like shakeable belief in Tom Brady at that time, there was nothing Tom Brady couldn't do. It was like, we have Tom Brady, We're gonna win everything. We have tom Brady, nothing to think about everything this point of his career had three super Bowl or three Super.
Speaker 2: Bowls, he had Youselle already. Yeah, so he was on cloud.
Speaker 3: He's the motherfucker man.
Speaker 5: You almost had three Supermodels.
Speaker 2: Joke because I had a joke that was designed over that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's the man at that time, and like we're like at that time, the city is like we're up, buzzing, We're up, We're we're we're full of ego. We're like, who can take us down?
Speaker 2: There's nothing, man, We'll jump into it.
Speaker 1: Let's let's start this off with we Boachs did the roast, the Tom Brady roast?
Speaker 2: What did you think of it?
Speaker 3: It was wild it was wild. It was wild from the stage perspective, like a lot was a lot was going on, a lot of energy. I loved watching For me, it was a lot of complete completing the story, you know, like hearing Drew's perspective, you know what I mean, him making fun of Tom like you used to come to that yellow truck. It's like, oh shit, okay, So that was that relationship and Aaron Gronk. I loved Gronk's part of the roast and him just being like, yeah, you know, yell at me, but what I do I count it. So it's like, oh, you guys had your own little tensions and like different stuff, and hearing you guys kind of you know, toss and throw the kind of that ship. As a fan, it was like kind of having an insiders like view into it. Yeah, but then there was just like wild ship going on, like Gronk spiking that glass.
Speaker 2: And is there gonna be a lot be a lawsuit?
Speaker 3: I think someone, dude, That's what I said. I was Me and Drew were sitting on the couch. I was like, that lady got hit and she's pretty pissed off. She was like pissed and I was like, oh, this isn't good.
Speaker 2: So then there was just someone hit yeah. Yeah, you could actually see someone be all pissed by the way this is Kyler and Jack thanks introduced It's all good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So it was a lot going on. It was. It was big for me.
Speaker 2: I thought it was such a cool perspective.
Speaker 1: To a c professionals work in contrast to guys that the athletes were. We were all fucking nervous. You know, we were all terrified. You know, you're in the forum, there's fifteen thousand people, it's a live show on Netflix. We don't do this shit. You guys are used to this stuff. And to see how you guys were able to I was reading teleprompters. I was watching the teleprompter the whole time. I probably wasn't supposed to be doing that, but how you guys would see on the teleprompter what you were supposed to say, and sometimes you guys wouldn't even say anything that the teleprompter said. You would deliver it in a different way and bring things from that what you heard recently, and then throw it in joke and go like. It was really impressive to watch you guys work.
Speaker 3: And you landed all your plane. I was impressed by you. I was like, he's like he's landing these planes. Like your timing was good.
Speaker 5: I was trying the clutch gene clutch gene, no question, So I was, I was, I was.
Speaker 1: I was pretty nervous for this thing when they asked me to do it, you know, I mean just for what I just explained, you know, this is this is what we do. And then Jeff he was really cool with me and like you know, whole like mentor type role. When we were doing our meetings and meeting with our joke makers and you know, our team and their team, and you know, Jeff invited me to go to the store. So I went and did the store on Thursday, the Thursday before. I did like ten minutes there just to test jokes and like that's where I got to like have that experience of what I said would get maybe a little like laugh, not laugh, but an introductory laugh or something so you could time ship up. And I was more terrified when I went and did the store because it was so intimate. Then when I went to do the show, like after that, I had the rep and then I went to this into the show and I.
Speaker 2: Was like, oh, this way easier. Not easier, but right there.
Speaker 3: You could yeah, they ain't feel it.
Speaker 2: And also we had the people in front where I could you could look at the people you knew.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, yeah, you had like some safety nets safety.
Speaker 2: Nets, Yeah absolutely, but I had a blast. Now take us through your lead up of the roast?
Speaker 1: How they who who? When you got invited? Uh, how did you prepare? How did you write your jokes? How'd you put together your fit?
Speaker 3: I was last, so I got I got asked the last. So I only had like five days or something like that. Yeah, I only had like five days or something like that, five or six days. It was like a week or a week and a half.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And so once we were I was like, yeah, let's do it. I started just working on the jokes and work on the jokes. Well, I just started figuring out who I wanted to talk about. That was the first thing.
Speaker 2: So you lineup? Yeah, and then what you do you research? Lineup? Or do you go off of like your own knowledge of life knowledge?
Speaker 3: I'm just like they were like once when I saw Drew was on it, I was like for sure Drew was like for sure Drew. And then got to do Tom and I knew the time. They were like, yo, it's live and it's a lot of people, so it's going to only be like four to six minutes, like and six is like forcing it. So I was like, well, I'm not gonna go comic to comic to comic like old school world style. If I just that much time, I'd rather just like focus it. So I was like, all right, Bert Drew. Once I locked that down, it was time to work on the jokes. My man Radio helped me, like, you know, just shop ideas and like kind of because I wanted mind to kind of feel like more thematic than just like one liner. So we were just trying to find those like through lines I could kind of bridge everything. So it's me Radio, Yeah, yeah, yeah, I wanted to have a little So it's me Radio and my homegirl Megan Gilli. You know, I kind of told them the different directions I wanted to go in and like how I wanted to do like the mediocre white man with a burd and I wanted to go this way with Drew, and then you know, we just started trying to get those jokes to hit hard and land all those planes. And I was just running it at the comedy cellar like every day up until I left.
Speaker 2: Seller. Yeah, of the seller good vibes, it is good.
Speaker 1: You know Sam Morel, Yes, you know me and Sammy start with He was on this podcast with us for for our first season.
Speaker 3: Oh really, I love Sam.
Speaker 2: I love shout out Sam.
Speaker 3: We love him exports.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Sam was in our writing process and oh yeah yeah we had by Sam.
Speaker 3: Oh that's awesome. No, Sam, we go sometimes we go to watch basketball together.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, he was calling Bronson being Bronson three years ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Brunson is the man right now.
Speaker 2: He's I think he deserves MVP. He's electric.
Speaker 3: He should get MVP.
Speaker 2: Is he MVY? I didn't know. I didn't watch the whole regular season. He's got MVP numbers.
Speaker 3: He's got m VP numbers.
Speaker 2: He's got forty the last three. Yes, he's playing like Jordan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's in samee. For size, it's not I know, for size. And also I just like he's having the most impact on a team in the league right now. It's like you could say joking, but he's not changed the teams the team like Brunton is changing the team.
Speaker 5: And playing playing forty eight minutes a night he's got him to run out, I was gonna says, I hope that's a Celtics fan.
Speaker 2: I hope not.
Speaker 3: I hope not for his sake as a Celtics fans, but for his sake. I actually just don't even want to see that.
Speaker 5: I don't either.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be scared.
Speaker 3: I don't even want to see that. I live in New York. If we lose to the Knicks, I gotta move, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: I can't. It's I can't be in New York. How is it being a Boston fan in New York?
Speaker 3: Tough? Tough because they love to see us lose, you know what I mean? Like the way they celebrate when we don't win is like it's annoying, you know what I mean? And like Michael Chase one of my closest friends, and like every time we've gone to a Knicks game together, I think the Celtics have lost and he's put me through absolute hell.
Speaker 5: Sam, do you wear do you rep the Celtics and Red Sox and Pats on the street? You wear the gear? Okay, I'm too scared. Wherever I go to New York, I leave it at all you know.
Speaker 3: What, it's crazy, we're worse than them, you know what I mean, Like we like they don't care because New York is.
Speaker 5: Like a big treaty, that's true, and like you know what I mean, they yeah, don't.
Speaker 3: We're like you come to Boston and we go fucking crazy, like we are worse than they are. They're they're pretty chill because.
Speaker 1: They've been irrelevant for about a decade in all of these sports they have, they haven't made they haven't won a championship in the first time in like a ten year period.
Speaker 3: But they don't. It's something so weird about New York. Like even right now with the Knicks. I'm like, if the Knicks stop right here, the city of New York would be electric.
Speaker 2: It already is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like they'd be like that's great. Like they don't even need the thing, you know what i mean. Like, you know, Bostonians like we need the thing, the parade, we need the and if you don't give us that, it's like fuck you, we hate you, you stink. We don't care how well you do. Bring bring home the ship. It's north yeah, and we don't give a fuck. But New York they're like it was a good one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they're gonna start it.
Speaker 1: This is a team that will develop them into having more higher expectations.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they'll become cold. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean I think if they win in this year, they're they're gonna go. If they make a past Boston and they go, they're gonna go, yeah, and they're gonna be turned. Then I think they will be more like about their ship. But I don't think they'll ever be like Boston that It's just like in the DNA of the city.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's a it's a different city. There's more competition than just sport. In New York, you're in the mecca the fashion.
Speaker 3: They have everything going on. Yeah that all we have is.
Speaker 2: Sports, sports and schools.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and alcohol.
Speaker 2: Who are your top five roasters of the night?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Nikki Tony, I enjoy grunk.
Speaker 8: You.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Drew, I like that. You had a good opening. Yeah, it was good. It was good to open with him. Yeah, No, Andrew, Sorry, Drew, I was trying to get you.
Speaker 3: Well, that's honorable mention though, what a really good say he did. He did, Drew, But I don't hate you. I saw an interviewer he said I was really mean, and I heard his feelings. I felt really bad because he's a nice guy.
Speaker 2: We all signed up for it. I mean I pretty much sucked Tom's dick after the rose, according to the jokes and every day before. I mean, that's why I live in this house. Are there any jokes that you had to cut?
Speaker 3: No, I cut stuff like for time. Yeah, I was gonna I was gonna do a joke to Kim Kardashian, like I was gonna, you know, do an audible. But I changed my mind, which I'm kind of glad I did, because I felt after that, Yeah, after all that other ship, I was like, Oh, that would have just been kind of like beating up on her, you know. So I kind of was glad that I didn't do it. But they didn't like tell me you can't use this or you can't use that or anything like that.
Speaker 9: No, when did you find out that Kim was going to be there, because it was kind of a surprise to the audience when they listed her in the credit.
Speaker 3: I don't know when I walked into rehearsal and saw her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's what I saw that on Saturday.
Speaker 3: When I found out. Yeah, when I walked in the road.
Speaker 2: I looked around. I was like, Oh, he's gonna be here. He's gonna be here. You cut any jokes I could have, I could have let's go on?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah it was.
Speaker 1: It was something like, you know, we all know what Tom's favorite term is, let's go I mean, you got a patent. He had a podcast named after it. It's also what his wife said when she left.
Speaker 2: With the kids.
Speaker 3: Ooh see you're good. Look at you know how to do this.
Speaker 2: Damn get in the car right now, out of that ship we practiced.
Speaker 1: I wanted to incorporate Gronk in a joke. It was a It was a Gronk joke along paired with a Belichick joke. It was like, you know, everyone gives Gronk a rap for being a dummy, a dumb dumb, but he's actually a savant with numbers. Watch Gronk. What's sixty nine minus thirty seven thirty two? That's right, Gronk, the same number of teams that'd rather lose and have a conversation with Coach Belichick. That's a combo, come on, two piece combo.
Speaker 9: Also, the do you remember the other plastic surgeon joke? The football players take hits to the head.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, football players usually takes It's a brutal game. Football players take a lot of shots to the head. Tom takes shots to the forehead, the crows feet, the lips.
Speaker 3: Ah, that's that's good.
Speaker 1: You know, you didn't set the record in college, but you did set the record in college in who's laughing now?
Speaker 2: Tom?
Speaker 1: Not you because your face don't move and you So I stole the back part of that joke and put it on a different one.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 2: These guys, we were working our nuts.
Speaker 3: Yeah in the sea, that's what's up.
Speaker 5: I love just two stand ups here kicking.
Speaker 1: In that category. Don't put me in that category. She writes the jokes. I'm in on the right of the joke.
Speaker 3: What was your favorite nightclub in Boston? This is gonna turn into an interview with you.
Speaker 2: What's up now? What what are are we talking here?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Okay, like the tens, we used to go to this place you ever Splash back in the day, Splash South Street Station, and had like, yes.
Speaker 2: Has to go there.
Speaker 1: I mean we all went to a cure or something cure. But then later they started developing seaport, yeah, you know, and so they had the Grand which was like a Vegas style club, was under something.
Speaker 3: To be a white white man in Boston who played with Superstar Drowning in Vagina, Dude, Drowning and Pussy you had to be It's already like Boston's already white Atlanta and then you played football there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, you're going crazy. We had a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: I'm happy for you. That was amazing. Well did you did you did you learn black Boston at all?
Speaker 2: A little bit?
Speaker 3: Well, like, all right, so what were you doing on that side?
Speaker 1: Actually it wasn't. I wouldn't hang out in black Boston. If I was hanging out with like my blacker friends, we would go to Providence.
Speaker 3: I'm just telling fucking Providence.
Speaker 2: Why, That's just where we all went.
Speaker 3: So you can have no like food spots and from the black part of the city. No, no, none of that.
Speaker 1: There was a breakfast cafe in Jamaica Plane, but I don't think it was black. It was more hipsterd Yeah, that's JP. Like, I mean, the dots changed too.
Speaker 3: Dorcha's has changed a lot, Yeah, but there's still.
Speaker 1: I didn't really know where to go because none of the black guys that were on the team were from Boston, so they didn't know Black.
Speaker 3: That's disappoint I'm gonna have to take you to Black Boston.
Speaker 2: You got it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I gotta take you around.
Speaker 2: What's the place you got to bring you to? This?
Speaker 10: All?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: You gotta go to simcs SIMS. What's what sims? Hot dogs?
Speaker 3: Hot dogs? It's like a hot dog stands so like hot dogs, like fried clams, like fried scallops, fried triump that ship. You gotta go to Silver Slipper for the breakfast. Get your beef sausage sandwich with eggs and cheese. Bog bog. You gotta go to good Chinese is only in the hood, saying anywhere. Really, you could go to any bulletproof in the hood. Get you some good.
Speaker 2: Shut the funk up then you I'm a barrier kid.
Speaker 3: We have the best Chinese.
Speaker 1: We have Chinese for that I don't even know out of here. We went to a couple of places in what is that one place in Chinatown?
Speaker 5: There was a little place right by the comment we have chains.
Speaker 2: Wait are you from? Are you from?
Speaker 7: We all live.
Speaker 2: We have great Chinese food, all right, man, even York Chinese. It's way better than New York York Chinese.
Speaker 3: You're fucking insane.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Maybe we just have different taste buds.
Speaker 3: We got I gotta bring you to you one day. We'll do this.
Speaker 2: We're gonna do wow.
Speaker 4: Show you.
Speaker 2: What is it? A black culture food? Yes?
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, let's do it with a Chinese food sprinkle then I got it. Yeah, we gotta. I gotta show you Boston, show me Boston. You haven't been to the Caribbean Festival. You know we have at like Caribbean.
Speaker 2: Where is that?
Speaker 3: It happens a blue lab. You gotta go to the hood.
Speaker 2: I got it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you missed out. I did so you didn't. No black girls in the city, a lot of there's a lot of verdis I gotta get all right, all right, everybody comes to the city and discovers kve Verdian women, They're.
Speaker 2: Like, what is that?
Speaker 8: Never heard of?
Speaker 3: Like Cave Verdi is like, what is that?
Speaker 2: Never heard of?
Speaker 8: It?
Speaker 3: That's legit.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back after this quick break.
Speaker 1: Let's go back to around December twenty ninth, two thousand and seven. This is a segment where we talk about what was going on around pop culture. The number one movie was National Treasure, Book of Secrets.
Speaker 2: Did you see that? Yes, I like National, I like I like him too. I always like the Treasure Hunt movie.
Speaker 3: They're good, it's a good it's fun, it's light, it's youthful, but you still get to be grown.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You know, it's kind of Nick Cage when he was still in Victory Lane.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he was still the guy.
Speaker 2: Now he does all these movies. The Rock, The Rock is the Ship, Broh the Rock.
Speaker 3: Then they had the little Green Ball ship they had like yeah, it was they were like, I'm a face off person, face off.
Speaker 2: Loved face off, face off, face.
Speaker 3: Off, and it was that weird jail in the Rock. They had those boots.
Speaker 2: Yes, because it's futuristic or he was real like super Max.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Conair.
Speaker 5: Con Air was very good.
Speaker 3: Conn is this ship and Ghana sixty seconds that I.
Speaker 2: Have Eleanor you do, I'll show you later.
Speaker 3: Oh ship. I got excited.
Speaker 2: Had I got Eleanor?
Speaker 3: Because you're like, you like a lot of like memorabilia and ship vintagy. Yeah, I like a lot of old toys.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: If you get new stuff, there's a new one next month. Yeah, yeah, but you get something from the.
Speaker 2: Back in the day.
Speaker 1: Also, when you have an old car and you drive like manual, you just feel the car I have. You know, I got the Tesla and you do that. You just don't feel you have to pay attention in an old car.
Speaker 3: That's your favorite car there?
Speaker 2: Ye have, probably my sixty eight Mustang. I like old cars.
Speaker 3: I want to I want a Nissan Essex, like the old one where like in ninety two. Yeah, with the INXX and the break light and like the little.
Speaker 1: I literally this is a simulation. I saw it today on an Instagram feed of something.
Speaker 2: It was badass. It was a nice too. I brought the number.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want I want one of those. And I want a Dolurean yo.
Speaker 2: Doc I want discovered.
Speaker 3: You know, at least when I looked it up, maybe four years ago. There's a guy like somewhere in Florida who bought all the.
Speaker 2: Old part like they're not expensive.
Speaker 3: They're not expensive. He bought all the parts with the factory clothes, and he will build you, build you.
Speaker 2: A new I've seen that. Yeah, I've seen that.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I had a friend who had one of these, lived in a farm. It's just like in the show. Yeah twelve dollars, yeah, right, that's literally the number two justin wurtis hell yeah.
Speaker 3: And I want a car. I want to check out a car like Transformer style, so this is my right. I want to get like a like a like a badass, like like Charge or a hell Cat, right, paint it like a Decepticon like I want convol in the joint in the middle bow on the seat.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: I don't know color, maybe red and black, right, But I want the two front doors like Suicide. I want the back doors to Lambeau and when you hit it, it goes like it makes the noise and all the doors open.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be so expensive, just because it won't be expensive for the car, but putting in all that electronic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that'd be fire. It would be hell right, and then make the noise and then the doors all do it together. And then I get in and I just hit a button.
Speaker 2: That's what like Tesla's do. Now Tesla's.
Speaker 1: My daughter loves the Tesla because it does the dance thing and the fucking beeps and ship you can doors open. But what was life like for you back in two thousand and seven, two thousand and eight, this was pre this were you still in the music industry.
Speaker 3: Being two thousand and seven in the office job. I am, I'm in Atlanta. I'm in Atlanta. I went to go to school, but I'm not going to school. I'm just like drinking and hangout.
Speaker 2: So Atlanta is black Boston, Yeah, because you said, yeah.
Speaker 3: So Land, I'm partying, you know what I mean, zebe parties. I'm teetering the line. I think I'm putting Dick down, but I'm not done with Dick. But I'm like, I don't think this is my game, you know what I mean, And I think I need to go into something else. So I'm kind of over.
Speaker 2: There, Like how is it because you're not attracted to the D or is it because what the D brings?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 3: You know, I wasn't. I just really wasn't into it. Like I had a boyfriend for a long time and we met young, you know, so I thought that I like Peters, and then we got trauma bonded, like my mom died and he was my best friend and my boyfriend, so there was a trauma bond there. So I did love him, you know what I mean. But once we broke up, and I just got in the world and I was trying other d's. I was like, I don't like this, and then I thought, oh, maybe I'm like one of those girls who has to be in love and that's the only way I like it. But it was just that I just didn't like it because I can fuck a stranger when it's a woman. It doesn't really matter because I'm actually attracted to women.
Speaker 4: In that way.
Speaker 3: I'm just not into dudes that way. Like I see it physically, I get it, like VIC doesn't scare me, but it just never did the thing. And I think as a I know, like there's some gold star lesbians who like, never been with a dude, and I kind of looked down on them a little bit. I'm like, bitch, you don't even you don't really like I know for sure, you not sure you might get tapped and be like, I'm totally into this.
Speaker 2: I did it.
Speaker 3: I did it for real, and it's just not my.
Speaker 2: Bag, not yourself, yourself. In the sports world, in two thousand and seven college football National Champs LSU, this is an LSU was this uh who was the head coach? Was this step.
Speaker 5: I think this was what's his name? Less miss Miles? Yeah, yeah, this was yeah, because Saban was before.
Speaker 1: This Heisman Trophy winner Tim Tebow were making jokes on this in this spot.
Speaker 2: Super Bowl Champions or the New York Jacks one right, no, this is this is the first one.
Speaker 3: That's the first time, but maybe yeah.
Speaker 2: And then the other one was eleven.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I was in Atlanta. I go, I go to this party. First of all, I don't think people get what it is to be a black Patriots fan, which once you are outside of break that down for like, everybody looks at you like a coup. They're literally like, what what are you up? Uncle Tom? How could you love this like white ass team that represents everything like white and oppressive that is America. They're fucking even called the fucking Patriots. They're from white ass Boston. Like what is wrong with you? Like the whole like black people, this is not This is not the team for you. Literally think you should pick another team. You got to be tough, to be a very tough. They're resilient because no one wants you to be great. And I'm in Atlanta of all places where no one fucks with the Patriots. You know, yes, Boom, go to this party. Everybody's a fucking Giants fan. I'm by myself. There's no Patriots fans at this party. Everyone's a Giants fan. Everyone wants a Giant wan, even I. They're not a Giants fan and from Atlanta. The Falcons suck, so they're like, you know what I mean, we're jumping on this train. That's the train everybody's riding. I'm alone and just getting be rated, like truly almost gonna cry, oh like because I'm like, how is this happening? Also, I think you attach a lot of your own identity to your teams, so you're when your teams are losing, You're like, my life's gonna be over. I'm not gonna have anything good, Like I'm cursed with the team. This is all just spiral out of control. And the celebration that was going on around me, Oh my god. It was a bad day. That was a bad day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was too.
Speaker 3: I called one of my good friends that was home and I was like, what the fuck, like I'm talking to I'm like, and I'm in this house with Giant fans and she said, why would you even go in there? She said, why did you go in there? I was like, I had nowhere else to go. There was there was nowhere to go that was Patriot friendly. You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: The amount of like chirp texts from non Giants fans. I remember getting out.
Speaker 3: Of that like, oh still happy when people were like so like.
Speaker 5: Ing to chirp, come on, so happy? I hate those kind of fans.
Speaker 2: This same year, the Celtics when they're seventeen champions.
Speaker 3: And they went over the Lakers. Yes, I remember, sure. I was an ESPN zone in Atlanta. We were, we were watching on the big screen. Remember they used to have that really giant screen the ship. I'm so mad they're not around, I know, at the giant screen all Lakers fans. Of course, again, no one likes anything Boston.
Speaker 2: No one.
Speaker 3: No one likes anything Boston.
Speaker 2: But you usually find a transplant in a certain area.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but not black peopeople because they really associate everything Boston with white whiteness.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, I do get it.
Speaker 3: Celtics, Larry Bird, So no one, everyone is totally Lakers, right, We're in Atlanta, we win. I jump up standing in front of the giant screen and I'm like, fuck you, fuck you, screaming, screaming, And I needed that.
Speaker 2: I needed that there is possible I needed. That was a big That was a big year. Socks win the World Series.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you guys are you guys are pretty much in the sync of winning with the Socks. Now, what's your hierarchy of Boston sports, basketball, Celtics.
Speaker 2: Pats, baseball, Socks, hockey, hockey.
Speaker 3: I I ascend it descends into whiteness. It's like.
Speaker 2: Very much, so, very much so. So where does the revolution stand? Honorable mention? Like, Drew, were you in Atlanta for the twenty to three Super Bowl? I was?
Speaker 3: And I have a story for that. Yes I was. No, I wasn't in Atlanta, was in La. I was in La And I have a wild story. That was a wild that was because that was also so at this time, I'm like brillly in comedy. You know, I moved to La to do comedy and I'm feeling good. You know, shit is kind of moving. I'm feeling good. And I used I would do these Super Bowl parties, like I mean football every Sunday. It was at my house, all little homies do comedy together. They would all come over my girl make wings. We'd watch football. So super Bowl, Lemon Pepper, We'll do lemon pepper hot, and then she would do something off branded to like garda pomesan or jerk. They would always be like a little flave.
Speaker 2: Right, what about like sauce? We have dip sauce.
Speaker 3: We got some ranch blue cheese?
Speaker 2: Like, are you blue cheese?
Speaker 3: I it depends on what I'm on that day. Allow, I like blue cheese. I'm traditional, but sometimes but living pepp I usually go. So these are important questions.
Speaker 2: I love chicken wings.
Speaker 3: So the super Bowl is abouts happened? Moms like, yo, are you doing a party?
Speaker 2: I had that experience with You're traumatized, a little traumat.
Speaker 3: I'm traumatized, so I go, No, I don't want to watch the game with people who aren't Patriots fans. I know you guys aren't Patriots fans. I'm not having a fucking party. I'm gonna just watch it in my house, me and my lady because she was also from that's Jesus, my ex wife. I'm gonna watch the shit at my house. That's it. I'm not We're not doing that. He's like, you're being a fucking sucker. You know we come every week. Now, You're not gonna have anyway where are we supposed to watch game bro, and like I'm the only one who's like settled with my in my first two Like I have a girl at the time, I have like a home where there's gonna be food cook. He's like, you know, we're all living like fucking savages, like your house is the house. And I'm like, I'm not doing it.
Speaker 2: He breaks me. I do it.
Speaker 3: Now everybody's in my house and we are getting beat bad, bad bad, and it's like, for a Bostonian, you feel like the curse is coming back. Literally, I'm like, oh shit, the curse is coming back because this is unraveling in a way that is fucking insane. Like we're playing in a way that doesn't make sense to me, Like plays are happening and it's fucking Atlanta and I'm like, what the fuck is that? So now I'm equating this to my career, right, I'm like, oh, everything's about the crumble around it. Yeah, I'm a cursed Bostonian once again. Nothing good is gonna happen to me this year. Everything I wanted this year is fucking down the toilet. This is fucking crazy, and these motherfuckers are cellow rating like they're having the time of their life. They're passing around memes, they're fucking laughing, and they're all in my house eating my food, and I'm just like, I want to fucking I'm quiet. They're like standing in my face. Ah, and I'm just eating this shit. Right, my friend I gave up. I'm not gonna lie. I gave up my friend Jack, God rest his soul. He comes in a Randy Man's jersey. Every time Atlanta's scores. He is taking this jersey off, throwing it on the floor and stepping on it. Because we're comics too, so people are being fucking ridiculous.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 3: I am seething. I want to fucking cry. I'm losing hope. I'm like, it can't happen. My ex wife goes we have tom She's like, just believe, and I'm like, I don't know, man, I don't know. I'm really like watching in the Comeback starting and now I'm like, I'm just quiet. I'm not saying anything. I'm just like hands in prayer, just don't want to jinx it, don't want to jinx it. But I'm like, okay, complete a pass, like let's go, let's go, let's go.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 3: They're getting quieter, the house is getting quieter.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 3: I'm just like, yo, yep, I never rucked.
Speaker 2: We win, But did you give body movement where you get in the body. I'm like, they knew you were about it. You were t kelly mm hmmm.
Speaker 3: And now and now I'm watching Tom Tom, so you know, you know when you see Brady, God Brady, I'm like, my nigga's in it. Let's go.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Like he's about to.
Speaker 3: Do these niggas.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, mm hmmmm hmmm, hmm.
Speaker 10: We win.
Speaker 3: I jump up. I screamed, I'm gonna get everything I fucking want this year. This is my fucking year. And then I looked at my friend Jack, I said, now put on your fucking jersey and get the fuck out of my house.
Speaker 2: Bitch. I threw it out my fucking house.
Speaker 3: And it was the best day of my fucking life. And that year I got JFL I got. That was my mother fucking year. I got everything I wanted.
Speaker 2: It's because of Tom Brady. Gotta believe. I gotta believe. When did you know that we had it? That first touchdown in the third James White. I believe it was Danny.
Speaker 3: I was like, we're good, Yeah, we're good. We're about to snatch the heart of these boys.
Speaker 2: For me, I was still doing math.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was like, all right, that's cute. Yeah we're still down twenty one points, yeah or eighteen or whatever.
Speaker 2: I can't do math.
Speaker 3: I was a Tommy gonna lose. Nah.
Speaker 2: It wasn't until the defense. I saw that when they started pissing down their leg.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The offense, Atlanta's offense, and then Trey Flowers had a big sack. They had a holding and Dante fucking had the strip sacked and I'm sitting there like, oh, this ship's about to happen.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: It was James White and the third Yeah.
Speaker 3: When when we when we got that, I was like, now it's just pick apart time, because I'm like, Okay, he's figured it out. Yeah, he's figured it out, and now he's just gonna methodically pick them apart. And you talk can do. That's just so fast whence he can move the ball once he figures out how to move it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, take up, dink and dunk death by a thousand cuts.
Speaker 3: That's what you gonna eat, you up So how did that catch you had? Though? Crazy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, route, it was crazy Jackie breaking down for the New York Giants. You missed the years though, Yeah.
Speaker 1: But I heard a lot about Vinetaria because the first time I met Matt Castle. We'll keep this quick, he did a drawing, as you remember, Vinnie Testaverdi. It's like, yeah, why Matt Castle, We're throwing at a Manhattan beach fucking field. And he gets a piece of paper. He takes it from one of the coaches of working with and he has two three drawings, the three guys and you have one guy at the baby dick that's Castle. Then he had a regular sized dick was Tom. Then he drew a dick off the fucking page for Vinnie goes. He had the biggest dick, Like you could have just told me that you didn't have to draw a like a fucking kid.
Speaker 2: First time ever met Castle, he started talking about it.
Speaker 3: I feel like he did it because he was like, I don't know how to say this and not feel gay. But then he did the gayer thing because.
Speaker 2: He do mean about it. Gotta show it, I miss Finnie.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, let's run through these giants real quick to set the stage. This is the ten and six Giants year, coming off a classic one of those eight and eight Giant seasons before this fourth year of the Tom Coughlin era. He was on the hot seat this year, kind of like he was every year. It seemed like every year. Every year they still go in the playoffs and do Giants in the playoffs thing. This was the first year the post Tiki era. Tiki went on to NBC and he cut a little flak for throwing some shade at uh Coughlin and Eli after he joined the media, they were this was Spags as a new DC. We know what Spags is doing with Kansas City. Now he's mister defensive coordinator extraordinariy now. Strahan held out all training camp but came back and played. Uh, we all know he's mister TV now too. And then in week eight they played at Wimbley Over in London. This was the first year of the European England Play.
Speaker 2: It's pretty cool just because we're such a domestic sport.
Speaker 3: They really enjoy it. They like it. They go crazy.
Speaker 2: It's pretty big. I mean, the ship sold out. It's the crazy thing is they like the biggest cheers you'll get is during like a field goal or kickoff, like anytime get but I think it's catching waves and.
Speaker 5: Then we go. We gotta give a little love to some of these giants. Dudes. This was Eli Plexico, Moni tumor, Plexico Plexico. We all remember plaques. David Tyree Antonio appears now the coach of the Raiders. Oc Umanor was the loan pro bowler this year. Moni Tumor, Moni Tumor. The Damn Mannings, the Damn Mannings and then the record breaking New England Patriots. They were coming off a twelve and four year. That was the year. Then we blew that big lead to the Colts in the AFC Championship Game when the AFC each for the six time in seven years. This was the Glory years. We're rolling. Brought in Welker Moss and Dante's Stalworth in the offseason to really bolster that wide receiver room. Uh this was also the Spygate season unfortunately. Yes, uh so Tom's playing angry.
Speaker 3: Us because on us bro hating as ship looking for.
Speaker 5: Something, always looking for something.
Speaker 3: By hate us because they know everybody up there looking everyone. You know, everybody's up there looking. Oh yeah, boy, Eric is a whole keep it g my nigga. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but what is man Genie thinking?
Speaker 1: I know, yeah, like that was Manganie was like Bill was his daddy hot blocking literally.
Speaker 2: Literally, So that's some mob ship.
Speaker 5: It hasn't been a coach since Black blackballing. And then Billy Oh was brought on to the staff as an offensive assistant.
Speaker 2: Billy I love Billy Oh over here.
Speaker 5: Baby. Uh most points in a season by an offense five hundred and eighty nine points and the defense was a top ten defense. To uh, give some love to these guys. I mean, these are these are pillars of the Patriots founder Rip Jun Guy, Kevin Falk, Lawrence Morony, Randy.
Speaker 1: Seymour, Hall of Famer, Troy will Fork, oh, Big Ben Watson, Warren Yo Man.
Speaker 2: Right when I was a rookie, Will.
Speaker 1: Fork, Samuel will Fork had like I rolled up to the players lot. I'm in like a Lincoln seven round drift picking.
Speaker 2: So that was like a highlight of your day.
Speaker 1: When you're a young player that's barely gonna make the team, you just get to see all the cool guy cars. Yeah, you see, you know the Mercedes, and at that time the LS four sixty Alexis was like hot.
Speaker 2: Everyone had the Alexus.
Speaker 1: Randy had one, Tom had one, Mister Kraft had one. Will Fork rolls up in a goddamn pit like a semi truck. He had a semi truck with no no trading. That's what he used to.
Speaker 3: Drive half of often his prime.
Speaker 2: It was like the most shooting fucking car for him. It out he'd being overalls with those shirty'd be thirty degrees. He was so cool.
Speaker 5: You know, he's nice on the smoker too.
Speaker 1: Oh he's he can cook his balls off. So I've heard ribs. He makes unbelievable ribs.
Speaker 5: We gotta go down and visit him in Texas. I assume he's Texas, right, I think I don't know where you Either way, we got to get big vins on here.
Speaker 2: We got to that'd be so sick. Who's your Patriots? Mount Rushmore, Harrison nice? Rodney, Yeah, I like him.
Speaker 5: I like that.
Speaker 10: He was mean.
Speaker 3: That's why I liked Rodney because I remember when he was like, I'll take the fun.
Speaker 2: Did you talk to him at the rest?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean he's like, I'll take the fine. I'm off there head hutting. Motherfuckers need that kind of guy, he said, he put money aside of you for.
Speaker 2: So badass. He was legendary. He was legendary practice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, uh Tom of course and a terry man clutch r terry because there's nothing like that the vinitary era. There was something about knowing that if we got to fifty, like that's how we used to play a funk out of motherfuckers, like we don't even We'll get to the fifty and kick it on your bitch ass. We're good, We're good.
Speaker 2: He could any condition, full rain, sleek.
Speaker 3: Snow, and my man is getting it done, getting it. You're getting beat by a kicker, which is disrespectful, disrespect you like that. So I got the larium and then beginners.
Speaker 5: Will he was there the other night too, Right, was it cool to see all those guys in one room and up, God, I can't even.
Speaker 3: Imagine every like every pick I was sending the immediately to my brother.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Willie Mack was a man WILLI had. There's a locker in the locker room that's known as Willy's locker still to this day. That's where they put always the bus of the like if you're the big, like the top buck of the defense guy that is the leader.
Speaker 2: They sit in Willie's locker.
Speaker 3: And I would say welcome because he was the first.
Speaker 2: There's only four on the mount rushmore, so that's it's an honorable mention.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, DELI, I'm like fuck that. I'm saying good.
Speaker 2: He was the you before you.
Speaker 3: He was the first white woy I fell in.
Speaker 2: Love with like that, But Troy Brown was before him. I like Troy Brown, love Troy. It's hard to pick Dudlet's just I can't you already got four? We're good.
Speaker 5: It's a good problem to have. But that means we got a lot of great guys. Yeah, should we run through this lead up and hit the game real quick game the lead up, the biggest story, of course, was going sixteen and oh we entered fifteen and oh they entered ten and five. Both teams have made the playoffs. So the other big story was is there even any point playing anybody? But we got perfection online. He got to play him. Bill made the right call. This was also the first NFL game to be broadcast on three networks since Super Bowl One, because there was that much hype around it and a lot of people didn't have it. I wonder how they broke that, like for yeah, it had like John Kerrey had to lobby like anti trust shit on the flight legit. I was reading about this yeah, like because he was like, people need to see this game, but not everyone had. NFL network back of America are so fucked up.
Speaker 3: We are fucking sick.
Speaker 6: Wait helps here, No on, we gotta see you. Tom ready go for perfection. Yeah, it's fucking true. NBC and CBS.
Speaker 5: It was a six hour pregame show like they were building this thing up like you had thought it was a super Bowl. And of course we had to buy in the home field advantage and the other record besides sixteen and zero, Tom to break most touchdown passes in the season, Randy to break the most receiving touchdowns in a season. Each one needed two. So that was the bit. That was the other big one coming into it. And we get into this game is a shootout, thirty eight thirty five back and forth. The game starts out with a bomb to Plexico fifty two yards. Were like, oh shit, like they're playing too, like we're they're trying to spoil something I hate.
Speaker 3: I hate, like man go off, I don't because okay, like like on paper, he's the most in depth of the family, right right like not like no, I'm not saying stat. Wife's just saying when you how they like how they made it look. It's like this Peyton, this great daddy, he's like, bring on, you know what I'm saying. But he's not he's not bad at football. But that's what I'm saying. He's not bad at football. But just like the presentation, like we dealing with you know this guy, this guy, this guy is. That's how it always felt like this motherfucker is doing this to us.
Speaker 5: If you're like a mouth breather with a punchable face and you're beating, I'm like, bro, he got the.
Speaker 3: Most squishy face, need a squishy face one and it kills me doing it to us, like getting beat by Lenny from Mice and Men and ship Git sucked.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, fucking Eli.
Speaker 5: But the Pats thankfully respond in this one, get up ten to seven, Moss gets a TV in the second.
Speaker 2: They were down twelve points.
Speaker 5: Yes, and then we I mean, then the Giants respond housing a kickoff seventy four yards. Then Steve O bangs in a couple of field goals. We get up sixteen fourteen. They take the lead. Kevin Boss That dude bald out this game. Random, random old tight end reference here twenty one to sixteen. Plasico scores a TV early in the third. We're down twelve points. Are in the third quarter, like, oh fuck, like we're going fifteen to one in this thing. But thankfully Lawrence Maroni gets back, cuts it to twenty eight twenty three. Then Randy Uh. The big moment here in the pivotal sort of turning point was in the fourth quarter when Randy breaks the record with a big sixty five yarder. Tom breaks the record by throwing the pass. We get up go for two thirty to twenty eight.
Speaker 4: That was it.
Speaker 5: Once we had broken the record. Like the monkey was off our back, giants were dying. We had it. LS Hobbs picks off Eli. We punching another TD. They cut it thirty eight thirty five. Onside kick at the end, Vrabel on the hansteam love that recovers it. We win thirty eight thirty five. Get out of there with perfection. Man, you know where you were and you watch this game, do you have Do you remember that was this a big game for you?
Speaker 3: It was a big game. I was in Atlanta and I was at my brothers. I went to my brothers so we could watch it together. I think, if I remember correctly, I was watching at my brother's house. But it was a big game. It was a big game. It was a huge game because it was, like I said, it was set in a tone for what we knew was a Super Bowl win that turned out to not be, which is why now I do not trust any time Boston anything goes undefeated the season. I'm with you, it's bad luck.
Speaker 2: President's Cup, it's bad luck.
Speaker 5: It's almost like, get the loss out of the way. When it just went bad luck, I was.
Speaker 3: I had a bad feeling. I'm with you because I'm like, we just that just doesn't work out.
Speaker 5: For us, Like it's bound in at some point. I don't want to matters.
Speaker 3: And then when Tatum came in with anything, when he had that, I said, we're gonna lose every time he Tatum pull an antic That's why I'm like, if he pulled one of these, I love I love you, takes, I love I love you. We met, we had a conversation. But I'm telling you right now, if you pull one of these little antics in this run, because last time when he texts Kobe fucked us, he came in with the goddamn possible shirt fucked us. Just play, bro, don't do nothing.
Speaker 2: We know you love.
Speaker 3: I love you, but don't don't do it if he pulls If he pulls a move, you know where we're at.
Speaker 5: Amen. We had the Lario O'Brian trophy in here the other day, the NBA trophy. I didn't want to touch it. I was so like it might be bad luck for JT if I touched it. You know, I was all over them, bro, we gotta win it this year. Come on, guys, how crazy was that connection TV and Moss?
Speaker 1: That had to be fun As a fan that I was a sports fan, I was like, man, these dudes are just lighting it up.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you. First of all, just Rainy Mons come to Boston, like anytime as a black person for wanting any time like really goa comes We're excited. Yeah, because it's like they don't bring nobody black to us.
Speaker 2: They don't let us have that.
Speaker 3: And if they do, it's like it is not like one of them.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It's like they're giving us like this is prima yo yo. So we just Brandy wants gonna be in Boston. There's a jersey we can finally buy it. Feel good.
Speaker 2: At anyone.
Speaker 3: They throwing off backs and like yo, let's go. And then the way they were playing, come on, man, should.
Speaker 5: We back through this aftermath real quick? And yeah, let's see what we got in the aftermath? Randy sets the record for most receiving touchdowns in the season, ends up at twenty three. Tom We're going to set the record for most passing touchdowns in the season, ends up at fifty. Peyton Manning has since broken that record. He put up fifty five. The Patriots would finish the season sixteen and zero, first team to go undefeated since the seventy two Dolphins do. The Giants would make the playoffs at ten and six, and yeah, we know how that ended. At the eighteen and one Super Bowl, the David Tyree helmet catch. I don't even want to talk about it. First and never never told him dead.
Speaker 2: What weren't they supposed to call it dead?
Speaker 5: Yeah, because there was a holding penalty and Eli was in the grass Bro.
Speaker 3: Dumb, I'm saying, and ship like we can't come home bro.
Speaker 9: And for our new friends listeners out there, this we did this episode episode one with Eli and Tody Versky her listen, that's.
Speaker 5: How we started this old stinking podcast. Yeah, yeah, New York on connounce so cool. Yeah, they have both of them his first and they was.
Speaker 3: Doing they was doing all that ship too, because it was just they was always doing this thing like the the whole Manning family versus Tom Brady was always Yeah. So that's why he used to pissed me off too, because anytime the whole shit would come up, they bring up the daddy, Like, fuck the daddy. I don't give a fuck about the dad. What the fuck does he even have to doing the legacy of the manager dad? Fuck y'all man.
Speaker 1: Some say that the meetings or you know, hierarchy family that runs the NFL out.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's like some some mobshit, a low Illuminati type shit.
Speaker 2: People say that. I believe that I do too.
Speaker 3: That makes sense for a lot of things that was happening.
Speaker 2: Eighteen and one Giant loss Jack, we miss anything.
Speaker 5: We were pretty clean in this episode. There were tons of records from this game. We'll get into it later there I will bore you with them here. It's also the President's Trophy, not the President's Cup Kyler with the hockey correction.
Speaker 2: And they always give a trophy to the team in hockey. I'm not a hockey guy.
Speaker 1: I really did that much either, But they give for regular season, if you get the best record, they give you a trophy called the President's Trophy or something.
Speaker 2: And that person always ends up losing. Really always like bad luck. They never win.
Speaker 5: But to put a bow on this thing and to hopefully give us a little hope for the future as a real deal Pats fan, Sam, you got any word to hope for the next era, the Mayo era, the Drake may era, and what do you think?
Speaker 3: This is what I think Boston as a city, Patriots as a franchise, y'all gotta stop being racist and bring in some black receivers. Just bring in some motherfuckers. They might, you know, it might not be your flavor. You might feel like it's two rambunctuous, so it's not this or it's not that. But there's a black black people in the city. So this place for them going to hang out, you're gonna start having to put some color on these teams unabashedly if we're gonna get the job done.
Speaker 2: Like, how many white receivers do we have right now?
Speaker 5: I don't. I don't think any. I don't.
Speaker 11: Really.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm saying do so we're good.
Speaker 5: Stay that way getting there.
Speaker 9: Stay that way before we move on to ask you a question. So during the roast, during one of your jokes, when you're ripping into Burt, did you see what he pulled out?
Speaker 2: Yes, that got cut from that. I was watching it. It got cut, got cut. I think it was in. You think it was in.
Speaker 3: Oh, so yeah, we already doing that because I haven't been watching. I'm not gonna lie. Tom left.
Speaker 2: My heart broke, and I mean Tom left when the Patriot the Patriots.
Speaker 3: Yeah, straight up, I have not been watching this whole Mac joneser, I have not.
Speaker 5: I don't watch you didn't miss much.
Speaker 3: I don't watch football, so I definitely would not know because that's how sad I was.
Speaker 2: How about Cam Newton for the year.
Speaker 3: I was real sad Tom retired to Patriot. Man, that was just not right. It just wasn't right, and I didn't want to watch no more. I was like I don't even care, and then go to Tampa and win broke.
Speaker 2: My Tampa Tampa.
Speaker 3: For a while, I was mad at Tom, like you just feelings Tampa, Tampa. I haven't picked up I haven't watched football time. So we are doing that. That's good. Just keep doing that.
Speaker 5: I'm with you.
Speaker 2: I'm with you. I just went to Tampa for like the second time. Nice nice airport.
Speaker 3: Nice you ever you ever see you Gotta watch this interview. It's Aretha Franklin and they ask her about all the singers of today what he thinks about them? Like, who do you? What do you think about They're like, all right, you got a grande Echago. Nice gowns. That's what you just did to Tampa.
Speaker 2: Nice gowns. We'll be right back after this quick break. Let's name this game. What do we name this game?
Speaker 1: The sixteen and oh game, twenty three to fifty game because of the two records that were beaten with Rod, Moss and Brady, or the Foreshadow Game.
Speaker 3: You know where I'm going, fore Shadow Game.
Speaker 2: The four Shadow Game, the Foreshadow Game. Let's score the game. Is this the greatest game of all time? Let score it?
Speaker 1: Stakes one to ten decimal's okay, the stakes of this regular season game to go undefeated that hadn't been done since seventy two.
Speaker 3: I mean, you got put it. Nine.
Speaker 4: That's a.
Speaker 2: That's a that's an integrity score. I went not on the line nine one star power, lots of stars, ten Tom Rady on other teams Eli appiersas gameplay, shootout, back and forth, down to twelve points, come back, thirty eight.
Speaker 9: Ten, ten, twenty eight to three games A ten, nine point nine you think that's okay?
Speaker 3: Okay? Eight if we compared into eight the name of.
Speaker 2: The game, the foreshadow game one to ten decimals, okay, Sam Jay seven seven eight five eight three, that's an integrity score. That's integrity score. Ten on a star power is.
Speaker 5: A little tough, thank ye nine eight point one nine.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I like to calculate like celebrities at the game. This wasn't a super boring We didn't see a j Lo titty or nothing.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? So like no titty out, where does it stack up? Jack?
Speaker 5: This puts us right ahead of the twenty eleven NBA Finals Game six Mavericks Heat, which we did with Mark Cuban and right behind the wide right, Super Bowl twenty five Bills versus Giants, which we did with Tom Poppa. Pretty good, pretty good company there right on.
Speaker 2: Saying we miss anything about this? No, do you got something to plug? What are we doing right now?
Speaker 3: Right now?
Speaker 2: What's the name of the tour? Where can we find where the tickets are?
Speaker 3: The name of the tour is Niggiyo Leo Niggio, which is a play on Akira in Yo Tokyo. Thank yeah, uh and yeah it's called neo nigo because I like anime, and uh, I'm going everywhere. I'm all over this this great country of ours. All that's on my like Instagram at CMJ Comic, I say, m J y Comic. Twitter is the same, so you can find out where I'm at. And you know, just staying busy.
Speaker 2: Any la tour, any la dates.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna come here.
Speaker 2: I want to come see.
Speaker 3: I get you. I know you're more than invited.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Sam J. That was an awesome episode and check out her special on HBO Max. Check out the special on HBO Max. What does that Salute me or shoot me? Salute me or shoot me?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Named after Waka Flocka mixtape.
Speaker 2: Thank You, Thank You.
Speaker 3: That's one.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 5: She was awesome, real deal Bostonian. She knows her stuff.
Speaker 2: I gotta go check out some of her. What does she call it?
Speaker 5: The tour?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Black Culture Tour of Boston. Oh oh that wy Yeah, yeah you should do that.
Speaker 5: That'd be sick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll tackle. It's a food in Dorchester. Yeah, but you go to the hipster food you go to one time, to a place I was interested and I probably shouldn't have been there, but we got it.
Speaker 5: She was riding hard for the Chinese food of Boston, yeah, which was a.
Speaker 2: Whoa what do I know? I think you know, American Chinese was invented literally in San Francisco, the biggest town, and literally I don't know.
Speaker 5: There was one noodle spot I was trying to think of.
Speaker 1: I used to go a Taiwan cafe here and there. I never read that in Boston. I ordered from another one. What was Bernard's. Bernard's is the one over in Chestnut Hills, Like, yeah, it was a little it.
Speaker 2: Was all right, it was good. I liked it. I liked it.
Speaker 5: I was always I was always door dashing, like wagon Mama from the seaport. So I was not not experiencing.
Speaker 2: Chinese Come on, yeah, I know. All right.
Speaker 1: Well, that was a fun episode. It was great to get to know her a little bit. Let's hit this ol hot line.
Speaker 5: Oh, hold on, hold on. Before we hit the hot line, we didn't have a lot of time with Sam. We were moving and grooving, we were in the zone. But we got to talk about some of these records that were broken in this week seventeen game. There's a slew of them. We could do a whole episode just about these records. And then we got to put our shine on our man, Randy twenty three touchdown grabs. That was the record most single season receiving touchdowns. That still stands, still stands. And then Tom with his fiftieth TV pass that was the record at the time, broken in twenty thirteen by Peyton Manning fifty five. Still incredible. That's still a Patriots started. That seat we did his starting in game of that season. He hit seven of them, seven right there, seven right there on that faithful night against old Joe Flacco at Mile High.
Speaker 2: Brady's red Flaco Flaco is he elite Flaco. I'm still working on my Baltimore. Actually, some of these coach with the extra game still too for sure, just like to add an extra game and all these.
Speaker 9: Records fell down. It's nice that some of them are holding strong. We'll see if we go to eighteen games.
Speaker 5: But the Patriots finished the season with a plus three point fifteen point differential, breaking the point differential of the nineteen forty two Bears, which was plus two ninety two. Crazy the And then we got to get to the viewership. The viewership on this thing was nuts. Ended up with thirty four point six million.
Speaker 2: Total viewers regular season is a.
Speaker 5: Regular season game last season. To put this in comparison, the high was thirty one point eight million viewers. That was on the Texans Ravens playoff game of this last season January twentieth, twenty twenty four game. Right, but it's a playoff game, but still to put it in comparison, three million more. And like we said, it was also broadcast on NFL Network, CBS, and NBC. I guess didn't get any love Fox.
Speaker 9: Let's go right, Probably the best team to not win a Super Bowl? Yeah, ever, yeah, and maybe in.
Speaker 2: All sport, maybe in all sport maybe.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean there's been the Bruins team was very good last year. They really good do it, but they went records. They just had a great record.
Speaker 2: Bruins last year were even in the same cont like that's were they broke a record for most wins, Like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but President Cup winners never going And there was also like the whole thing where they don't have overtime as much, the whole shootout thing. There's a lot of people always arguing that maybe that.
Speaker 9: Maybe that Golden State Warriors team looking up that could have been that that's that's that's a good that's a good conversation that we could have maybe a full on post guests could be a.
Speaker 2: Top five tough five best team to not win a championship ever. Yeah, but I think this just with the record, with all the record names everything and all the there's so.
Speaker 9: Much story around this twenty seventeen with just getting Randy Moss and then just bawling out.
Speaker 2: By Gate and West and then Junior kicking the shit out of teams early. There was a vengeance tour. It was just gonna be like it wasn't about whether the Patriots were gonna win.
Speaker 9: It was gonna be like, were they gonna get fifty and how many points were they gonna win by?
Speaker 2: Is what you were watching for? So fun season sucks what happened, but a good game. Sam was great.
Speaker 5: He lived some glory years.
Speaker 2: Let's do the hotline. Let's say the hot line. Remember that number is four two four two nine one two nine zero.
Speaker 4: I'm calling because I just want to know, of all the players that you guys have played with, who was one of the smartest guys who never got the recognition that they deserved, that knew the game inside and out, but nobody would have known it. That's my question.
Speaker 2: Wow, it's a good question.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go throwback team Ryan Wendell. He was my roommate and he was a He knew everything inside and out of the playbook for the O line.
Speaker 2: He was very versatile. You played center guard when we need him, swing him around and like also, he would always we were roommates for a couple of years. He'd be reading in the communal room with the big TV in it, which is a folk You can't do that.
Speaker 1: You can't take communal room and read the xbox is literally in the communal room.
Speaker 2: And he would do that so much. I get so mad.
Speaker 1: But he was a fucking smart guy and he smart football player, very smart outside of the game. And now I think he's the offensive line coach for Buffalo Bills.
Speaker 5: Right, he's with the Rams now actually, oh he's been Rams. I forgot twenty twenty three as of twenty twenty three to present.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he was smart. He's smart kind of stuff. Was he reading fiction? Non fiction? Everything? Everything? Everything?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: Ryan, Ryan would be a great guest to have. We gotta get him on now that I know, I forgot it. I just saw him with a practice Oh that's right when Yeah, gotta get him in. Bro, you gotta be able to read through God like, put some noise canceling headphones and I don't care.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 2: First off, we had six bedrooms in the goddamn house. Go sit your asking on the side or go so go to your room. Good, good question. Hey Jules, this is Nathan from with soccoborod Island.
Speaker 8: I was wondering if the Patriots made the playoffs and they gave you a call and said, hey, Jules, we need you to finish this vonge.
Speaker 2: Would you come back all right?
Speaker 8: Love the show, love the content.
Speaker 2: You're amazing, Nathan, Like we talking like, we have a shot to win this thing.
Speaker 9: Let's let's let's help Nathan out your one seed Pats are one seed killing it?
Speaker 2: Who drag it out? You know? And then their top receiver goes down. You get a phone call. Now, it's just how many games we have, Like is this in the AFC Championship? We talk in divisional round? They gotta buy and they're gonna play their first game of the first game.
Speaker 1: Oh, so this is the jump of playoffs? Oh, I mean I would, I would, I would teeter at it. It's just the they're gonna be fine tuned. When you go into an NFL season. I haven't played in two years, three years, you're gonna jump in to when these guys are full board out, perfectly running on fucking just straight alcohol as in a car Like no, dude, these guys are so fine tuned by this point of the season, it'd be hard to be able to get open a couple of times.
Speaker 2: What if coach Mayo said I just need a couple of third downs in the fourth quarter. Mayo will know this. Mayo, if you're watching this, you'll know this. You know me? Baby? Next question, watch, so.
Speaker 10: I was thinking considering you were on the roads with Brady on Netflix the other night, just thinking about possibly to bring in Randy talk about this game.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 10: You can pick a game, whether it be Dallas Thanksgiving ninety eight or the game is a Giant where he broke the jenerisis record. That'd be cool, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we would love to get Randy on. We talked about it. We'll figure we're gonna we're gonna get him on here as soon as we can. We just gotta.
Speaker 1: We might have to go out and bring Games with Names on a fishing boat, on a bass boat and do this thing while we're fishing or something, because Randy, if he ain't doing TV, he's fishing. If I known anything, he was so great to see him.
Speaker 2: He's the best.
Speaker 5: He's the best. Little shine to Randy on that faithful day in ninety eight. We all know the meme, the screenshot three catches, one hundred and sixty three yards three tds.
Speaker 2: What a stat line is a freak? That's a stat line bombs.
Speaker 12: Games of Names with Aaron and just from the East Coast. I wanted to call him and say that I had a great time watching y'all. Well, the Patriots at the rest of Tom Brady. Jules, I love you. I miss you all on the field. Obviously that will never change, but great times.
Speaker 2: It was great seeing you all together again.
Speaker 12: Anyway, looking forward to listening to your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Alrighty Aaron Andrews again.
Speaker 5: I think he's just glazing us up, loving us up. Good guy. He might be our the new member of the whack back here the frequent caller.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 7: Hey, Julian, this is next from Michigan. That episode you guys had with Ernie Adams was beautiful. There's a lot of great information and if you can definitely get him on again to do another game, that would be great for US football fans just want to say thank you. And these guys are doing a great job. Take care of Julian er.
Speaker 1: Coach, I'm not going to I feel like this is like a Rudy Remember Rudy coach. I'm not playing unless Rudy's in Rock whatever. Put my jersey on the table.
Speaker 2: I'm put my hat on for Ernie to come back.
Speaker 4: Coach.
Speaker 1: I don't know when we're gonna drop this, but there just before, so you've been dropping this before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we can be teasy about. Well, we'll see we.
Speaker 1: Got we got a little earn Dog special coming up with the Patriots, little collab.
Speaker 2: You'll we'll check that out here. Be on the lookout. You'll know it when you see You'll know it.
Speaker 10: Hey, Javels, It's Nick from main, big fan of yours.
Speaker 7: For a long time, I wanted to pitch two games for you.
Speaker 11: Game two twenty seventeen Eastern Conference Finals, Isaiah Thomas's fifty three point blowout game, and then another one kind of out of less fields for you two thousand and nine break up Championship Montreal aloets Saskatchewan rough Riders, the thirteenth Man game. Uh thinking maybe like thank ca hoone receiver for the Alos, you and him seem to have pretty similar styles back then. I feel like that the fun uh fun conversation too, the Poe thank.
Speaker 2: Gels straight CFL and Isaiah thomas fifty three blog game.
Speaker 5: I love that the thirteenth Man, Yam, I gotta do a little uh digging on that one.
Speaker 2: We gotta check it out. Fun fact almost was a BC Lion BC Lion and the Maynor like in the CF the was it CFL right? Huh? What do they call it? League? CFL. Yeah, CFL mayn I wonder how North And I remember when Isaiah Thomas was blowing this is this was for the Celts, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this was, I mean it was he was with us the fourth quarter, rolls around t points to his wrist. Baby, Yeah, playing.
Speaker 2: Playing, I had a hip thing that when I know that was the same or what happened. He's still trying to get in, Yeah he was.
Speaker 5: He finished the year with the Suns this year, but I mean he was bawling in the G League, still trying to come back. But yeah, once he lost that quickness in that first step with the hip, it was kind of downhill unfortunately. But man, some of those fourth quarters in that season, the Celts man electric, a little guy, the little guy Tommy used to say, legend, a Jewels.
Speaker 7: Gron This is Radsom Chicago, Illinois and a die hard Hats fan surrounded by a He is Chicago Bears fans in the great City of Chicago.
Speaker 10: The question for you guys is did you.
Speaker 7: Have any pregame rituals or superstitions that he had to complete before the games, And if not, did you have any unique teammates that had some.
Speaker 10: Unique rituals and superstitions before the game.
Speaker 2: That's it, go Pats. I used to lay out my uniform, like I remember, I saw a picture of Dion doing it pregame, and so I used to do it since I was like a kid.
Speaker 5: We're talking like on the floor.
Speaker 1: Of the on the floor, you put your pants, your jersey, your socks, your cleats. You basically make like a like a what is it like a FBI print crime audios of your uniform.
Speaker 5: Very reminiscent of the first day of school kind of vibe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, get your fit laid out. Always lay out.
Speaker 1: I have like four I always had, uh, I'd have like three or four different socks. Four because I used to go, like, ah, a sock for a while, I didn't Jordan's socks, and then I stopped doing those. I did these other socks. And then i'd have the tights or I was wearing were you would a a sock and then you put like a blue sleeve over your calf.
Speaker 2: And I'd always have to pick from like three brand new ones three three or four brand new ones. I'd have four pairs and I just have to like look see And then I had the same routine. I get there like four hours early.
Speaker 1: I'd go and sit in the hot tub with my play sheet, my play call sheet, which you know, you have every situation, every you know, everything in the game plan that you could run. You do that chat oshare or receiver coach used to give the give us these tip sheets. So you go over every everything, third down plan, four point plant or four point playing third down, the red area, your backed up situations, your situate, your airball.
Speaker 2: He had everything on it, so you go over that in the hot tub. After that, I would go catch balls. I had this tennis ball drill or I would go over in the back of the.
Speaker 1: Stadium and sometimes people fans could actually see, you know, they'd walk by because they would rope it off and there'd be some security guys there. Because I needed a brick wall, and so I used to do like two hundred and two hundred and fifty balls of that. I had these different drills that I used to do, and then I would go to the field and it started with Double J's who was our equipment manager. Then it went to Bobby Balls, and then it went to Bobby Uh. There was like three different guys or Bobby Balls, and then I had Jimmy Neutron. For a while, I used to call his kid Jimmy Neutron, but then Bobby Balls replaced him. So then we'd go do like one hundred and fifty to two hundred catch circuit that I would do every time. Then I would go in and I would get my body worked on. I would do like a a circuit, pregame like flush of all my lower extremities. That'd be like forty five minutes. After that, I would I would shower, and then I would go I would go take an iv oh, I would get I would always sign up for two bags, but i'd have a chew in and so I could I'd take a bag down and then like by the second time through your spit, you could tell how hydrated you were. So if I was spitting a lot and then I had that's when I would stop my iv UH and then go go to locker put your shit on. I'd always go right to left and then I even fears would be in there getting ready to call early birds returners. Everyone had their mark when they were going to go to the field, and that was it was like that every every every game, every game away stadium might have to go find a place where I could do my tennis ball thing, or sometimes on the way stadium. We would do it at the hotel, so I'd get up early, go to the I would find a parking lot.
Speaker 2: I mean I would.
Speaker 1: We'd be scouring. I'd have our equipment guy, super bowls, everything. We'd scour for a fucking brick wall so I could do my ball drows every day.
Speaker 2: It was crazy, like it was like a.
Speaker 1: Thing that's cool, you know what I mean, Like, oh shit, we haven't found It'll like double j's. I got half the equipment staff, like fucking what are we gonna do this day? It was fucking awesome. But they always took care of me and those guys, I mean, those are the types of people that get are the unsung heroes, the equipment staffs, the training staffs, the fucking meal ladies, like all the people behind the scenes in the hallways. When you see the guys working on the fields like you I was around them for so long. You create these relationships and you know it was it was everyone take the win.
Speaker 9: Kiss were there, like you mentioned doing that routine on away games. Was there any stadiums that were really good for your routine or.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Denver always had a lot of space. Denver had huge locker rooms. You could do it in the fucking locker room. Whoa you know what I mean? Like I remember we went to San Francisco. We stayed in Rodwod Shores, like we had to me and Double J.
Speaker 2: Or it was Bobby balls and or could it. We couldn't even have an intern because there was a while where Double J's as we know, he got fired and uh you know then I had like I had like basically a throwing combine for all the people that worked. I had scouts. I was like, nah, you can't do it, dude, No, no, you know these guys.
Speaker 1: They'd all be busting by balls, like oh we having the combine this year, Like the training staff would be fucking with me, Jim Waylay and stuff or half.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it'd be a trainer that could throw and I have to steal him. He's like doing more.
Speaker 1: I'm like done, he ain't playing this week, don't let's go get the balls. But san Francisco, we had to like walk and we were doing it and there's like rocks and balls are going near the bay because we were right on the water and ship. It was so fucking fun, and I knew exactly where we were because I grew up in that area. That was like one of my favorites.
Speaker 2: That's a good question. Yeah, and there's more to We won't go into it now, but there's more.
Speaker 9: But I want to hear about other players superstitions or routines too, at some point in the future.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But I didn't worry about I wasn't like looking at other players. You're in a fucking zone, bro, this is your I'm going to war. You think I'm worried about what they're doing. No, because if I do my job, he does his job. We collectively do our job together, and we go and fucking win and execute the goddamn game. Okay, I'm not sitting here stroking Jojo. Was looking at fucking gronk stick Kyler. Okay, more of a hockey thing, then I get it.
Speaker 5: Chicago, great question.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Also I wanted to touch on that. I don't think I've ever heard anyone from say, let's go pats in like a Midwestern accent.
Speaker 5: It sounds good.
Speaker 2: I like chicuaggle, not bad, not bad Chicago.
Speaker 10: We didn't ninko uh been a fan of podcasts started. There's at least two guys on what you consider interviewing at some point in the future, either like William mcginner's on the YEP if this gaving us Indianapolis where he stopped edge Ron James at the goal line, and or possibly Troy Paulamalu in the game against the Ravens in the ANFC Championship game where he picked up Placo at Pittsburgh forty three. I hope that will happen at some point. Be excited if it does.
Speaker 1: God bless those are two. Those are we gotta get them on. Willie mack He'll come on. We gotta get Willie Mack on. It was good to see him a couple of days ago at the Roast. You know, he's big bro. Troy Paula Mali. That'd be a that'd be an awesome guest to ye. I was such a fan of Paula Malo when I was at Kent State. Funny story, I lived with Brian lane Hard and Cabrani Mix and we we had like this room and we stole these Nike cutouts from I think it was like a shoe store, like they're they were like throwing it away or something like that. Yeah, And there was Nike cutout of fucking Troy and of Wes Welker, and we had him in our fucking we had him in our house like on our walls, and so it was.
Speaker 2: It was crazy Troy. I mean, Troy was so cool.
Speaker 1: And I grew up in I grew up in California, and I grew up playing with like a lot of Polly's Simoans Tongans. So I was always a huge, like fan of any Simoan, any Tongan in the league, you know, the juniors. Like he was a god when I was a kid, you know, even though I was a Niners fan, but like he.
Speaker 2: Was just so cool.
Speaker 1: So that would be a that's for sure. It would be amazing to get Troy on here. I'm such a fan of him and the respect he asked for the game. He go light you up and like do a prayer for you afterwards, and he prayed before play. I think that's a superstition. Talking about superstition, not superstition, religious routine, routine.
Speaker 2: When when did he retire?
Speaker 1: I played against him a couple of times. Yeah, yeah, he was he was a little older, and those are two guys. I kind of ball on him, I think, but I think he hit me pretty hard. I had to block him a couple of times.
Speaker 5: Those are two guys I would love to have on my team for a goal line stand. Deroy Palin Molle de.
Speaker 2: Troy just timing snap, jumping over, getting the fucking quarterback. That was. He had some of the craziest stuff. Awesome.
Speaker 5: He was three to fourteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh I'm down, I'm down, all right, good episode, What a game. Thanks again to Sam Jay. She was awesome.
Speaker 1: That's been another episode of Games of Names. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, wherever you listen to your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Coming a game you want us to do and remember, rate and review. That kind of reminds me a Blues Clues for some reason. I don't know why.
Speaker 5: Shout out Steve.
Speaker 9: You guys see the video where he just was like nodding on like TikTok and like like everyone about it.
Speaker 5: I just remember he was one of the early guys that they said he was dead and he wasn't like in the early internet era. Yeah, you'd like going to today Show'll be like I'm alive. God damn it.
Speaker 3: His parents were.
Speaker 2: Steve right, Yeah, Steve with his handy dandy notebook. We just got a litter, We just got at We just got a letter.
Speaker 5: I wonder who it's from.
Speaker 2: Yeah, something like that.
Speaker 5: I was raised on Blues Clues.
Speaker 1: Remember to follow games with names on YouTube, Instagram, x TikTok, and Snapchat. Leave a message on the hotline at four two four two nine one two two nine zero. We will see you next week. Games with names of production of iHeart Radio. For more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you get your podcasts.