Speaker 1: Six Steelers Training Camp or the Steelers Audio Network, presented by pod Light, Easy to drink, easy to enjoy, and brought to you in part by Always Safe Flagging and Traffic Control making traffic safe again called four one two three oh one twenty three hundred, or visit us online at awsafe dot net for a quote today by FedEx, the new power Move Independence health System expert Care here. Remax Select Realty visit Remax Select Pittsburgh dot com. The Laurel Highlands of Pennsylvania visit go Laurel Highlands dot com. The Steelers Pro Shop visitshop dot Steelers dot com and buy Coniente Pizza and Drafthouse.
Speaker 2: Our number two of the drive here of course, on location at Saint Vincent College. It's all part of our ongoing training camp coverage. Wesshuoler and Matt Williamson with you until six o'clock. Campus is quiet right now, of course, as these earlier practices for the Steelers have have led to some quieter evenings around these parts. I do assume the team will have another walk through, Matt, but I bet I will bet you as it's starting to kind of lightly rain here right now on campus. I bet you they probably go over inside to that, to that new facility again, Oh, I bet you they. Matt was all disappointed about that yesterday. But I think you're right.
Speaker 3: You can't think it's the cleats on concrete thing.
Speaker 2: You can't, I mean, because that would be let's play it out here. It's about two hundreds.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's a short walk.
Speaker 2: It's a short walk, but it's it would probably it would probably be about four hundred yards on concrete.
Speaker 3: Because if you're taking some of the best athletes in the world, no, they're twenty five years old.
Speaker 2: Listen, I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm not.
Speaker 2: You are really wearing you are really taking the mantle of Tounche and wolf back in my day here very.
Speaker 3: Well, they were a little bit.
Speaker 2: But I did give the cleats on the concrete for four hundred yards is probably not the smartest way to take care of your equipment. So I would assume could slip and yeah, no doubt, no doubt. I would assume with U. Again, it's not like it's pouring here right now, but there is a little of light rain coming down and a good opportunity for them to get some work in on these fields too. With now there won't be a practice here on campus again until Monday, so they have got some got some time.
Speaker 3: To really much on the first field today.
Speaker 2: No, they did it fields.
Speaker 3: I don't think that's a secret. I think they did it for individual stuff.
Speaker 2: But right, yeah, yes, and uh and the fields still look relatively really pretty good, but they've obviously also started to accrue some spots where they need some TLC, some tender love and care.
Speaker 3: The middle of the first field is a little banged between the hashes.
Speaker 2: Yes, between the hashes of the first field is a little banged up kind of the sidelines here where everybody stands, all the fans and the media. So the next forty eight hours or so, a little bit of rain, a little bit of a downtime for the fields here in front of us, I'm sure would go a long way.
Speaker 3: But you're right, though, I mean, we're we're in the second half now of training camp, I mean of Latrobe training camp. I know most you know, there's always one of those things. I think it's a wonderful point.
Speaker 2: Training that what Matt is a reference, And you've made that reference a couple of times this game. Yeah, every time, every time we would get to this portion uh in the summer, and I go motes, we only have four practices left in training camp.
Speaker 3: Almost over.
Speaker 2: He'd be like, wait a second, No, it's not. He'd be like, there's only four practices left there at college.
Speaker 3: He's like, but we.
Speaker 2: Still have training camp. It's over for you guys, for the public, but it's not over for us. So we get back to the facility. The show goes on, but.
Speaker 3: We are halfway through the Saint Vincent portion of training camp and this is probably the best I can remember the fields being for the third quarter.
Speaker 2: Oh great, Yeah, I absolutely agree with you. They've done a very good job. They've been pretty fortunate, like we like we talked about in the first hour from a weather standpoint two. But yeah, quiet campus tonight tomorrow.
Speaker 3: The grass question for you or along those lines hit me. Everybody I think is familiar that, even though they're not looking at like we are. The Saint Vincent hedges across there. You know the shrubbery, all right, the hedge You may how often is that and be groomed? That's a great question.
Speaker 2: I would bet you twice.
Speaker 3: I've never seen anybody touch it twice a year. Really, I was gonna say like at least once a month. Is it like triming your beard?
Speaker 2: You're you're asking a thirty five year old baby, this is the.
Speaker 3: Most I've ever had in my face, which is nothing. I've never even like going a day, you know, and I don't even know by grow beard.
Speaker 2: It's funny, actually is you might be the only person with less facial hair than this.
Speaker 3: I might have more. I think, never would know.
Speaker 2: I would kind of equate it to like how often do you trim the bushes and stuff at your house? Like twice a year, like once the beginning of the summer, once at the end of the summer.
Speaker 3: But they need to look better than that. I mean, I'm sure they do it right before training camp definitely, you know, because it's on like Katieka and WTA. I mean, like you see pictures.
Speaker 2: I bet you they probably do it in April, you know, like coming out of the wintertime, and then maybe again in July for camp.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking maybe before like opening day of Saint Vincent's season. Yeah, and then maybe not again until April. Christmas and stuff. You don't need to sure, sure, BET's a couple of times a year, And now I think about it, You're probably right. It's a I was that bridging thing? Is it every week? Is it every month? Is somebody just going there and trim, trim trim. It is really cool. It is cool.
Speaker 2: It's all for those who haven't been out here and don't know what we're talking about. On the far side of the third field, there is Saint Vincent spelled out in big shrubbery, big bushes, and it is like immaculately landscaped every year that we're out here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's super cool. It's kind of iconic as well. Side note, because I make this mistake all the time. There is not an end. There's not a S on the end of the name of this college. That's a big that's a big yinser thing to do. I know, I do, I do it. I go to Saint Vincent's, go to Saint Vincent's right that every Maxie haunt a chores Jennings Dunkers.
Speaker 2: Ben Roethlisberger's. So I think that's a Pennsylvania thing too, because my my in laws from the other side of the state do that as well.
Speaker 3: Really, Okay, how about this someone on Twitter who claims to be an English teacher. A couple of years ago wrote me and said, anyways is not a word. There's no S on the end. It's just anyway. Anyway. You're like, I'm going anyways, anyways, what are you saying? Everyone says that. I'm like, this person could be lying to me. According according to my quick Websters dictionary, there's not a word anyways.
Speaker 2: According to my quick Google AI search, here, anyways is an informal only spoken style variation of the word anyway.
Speaker 3: We just throw an s on for fun? Is that national? Like? I feel like everyone does that anyways? Yeah, yeah, that's not just a Pittsburgh okay.
Speaker 2: But I think the throwing an s on the end of everything, there's something there. And I'm sure they do it in other parts of the world too, but it's all over all over Pennsylvania.
Speaker 3: There's times I say it on the air. I'm like, that's not a word, but no one's gonna know. I'm gonna get away with it every time.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm not what I was in Philadelphia working for the Eagles. It was when the Eagles acquired Aushon Jeffrey from from the Bears a lot, and like that whole week at the radio station, everyone was like Jeffries, and I was like Jeffrey al Sean Jeffries, Jeffrey and Jeffrey al Sean Jeffries Jeffrey.
Speaker 3: If you notice, I never talk about the former UH Dolphins head coach now Chargers offensive coordinator Mike McDaniel or the Patriots offensive coordinator because one of them as an S and one doesn't.
Speaker 2: There's like McDaniel and Mike McDaniels.
Speaker 3: So I just say, Oh, the Patriots OC, he's a really good guy. I used to do that with Mike McDonald too.
Speaker 2: I'd call Mike McDonald's like he was the Golden like he was the Golden Donald. Yeah, he's a super Bowl winning coach and I'm acting like he's the Golden Arches.
Speaker 3: Yeah. They're really good their job, and I'm not sure who's who. I also avoid Jim and John Harbob. I know you have a trick for that one too, Jimmy Johns. Yeah, the Jimmy john trick.
Speaker 2: Well that worked a lot better when well, I guess no, it works again now still good because Jim's on the West coast, John's on the East coast. Jimmy Johns just like the UH.
Speaker 3: Probably like why because it goes left to right after looking at the United States. The one on the left is Gym correct, one on the right is John.
Speaker 2: That's how I always remembered it. And then and then Jimmy Johns, which of course is the you know, the the Hogy chain, the sandwich Hogytsburgh.
Speaker 3: You gotta have, you gotta have to you know, would be really good.
Speaker 2: A couple of hogies, a couple of meatball hogies here on the grounds of Saint Vincent's.
Speaker 3: Anyways, we got that out of the way. Anyways, I just said, oh no, you did it. I do it all the time, you son of a gun. Matt.
Speaker 2: We uh have gotten another thing other than our poor grammar and just overall lack of decord.
Speaker 3: We're to get so many tweets like, Matt, you say this wrong, you say that wrong. Yeah, you put on this Josh McDaniels, Josh McDaniels.
Speaker 2: Matt loves his co host Wes Ulers. Uh. We've gotten a ton of tweets in the last couple of weeks too about fantasy football. When's the fantasy football segments coming back? When is Matt going to do his top ten lists? All that stuff? So we have started to do a little more, especially with the bonus three hours the show these couple of weeks fantasy football conversation and they're with that, Matt. You know, the a lot of the fantasy football lists, the positional lists, all that'suff, breakout candidates, all that stuff is starting to be released.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: The ones that always catch my eye though, and I want to discuss with you here is like the do.
Speaker 3: Not draft lists. Yeah, like or just do not draft. He's going in the second round, don't take him to the fourth correct?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: So do you know Eric Carabell from ESPN.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we actually overlapped. And I've probably told this story, but there was three or four years ESPN. I think they still do it. They have a fantasy summit every year, and I was. And if you would go to ESPN dot com and you you know, like you're you're doing a draft and it comes up in the queue. These are our running back ranks. That's all. We fought over for like three days at the ESPN s gives exactly exactly and the way they did. Then there were eleven people who got a vote and we would battle with all number yeah, yeah, And I was one of the eleven for like three or four years with like Matthew Berry, Eric Carrabell was one, Mike Clay. I love these kinds, you know, Christopher Harris, who's moved on a lot of No, he didn't do fantasy at all. Okay, him and McShay were just draft stuff. So I got tied in with a lot of fantasy stuff and you'd have battles. It was kind of like a drafter, like, how could you like this guy that much? Like that? The story it always sticks with me was Eric Ebron, who formerly of this parish. Is like it was like the eighth pick in the draft by the Lions. He was the Kyle Pitts, he was the brock Bowers. This guy is gonna be unbelievable. But back then you didn't.
Speaker 2: Those rookie tight ends were just like that b was an albatross.
Speaker 3: There's people up there like, show me a rookie tight end that's ever done anything. Well, this guy is different, you know, So that some people were like Adam to the third tight end some people have was like the thirteenth tight end that year. So that was one that sucked with me.
Speaker 2: That's pretty funny. Yeah, do you remember how he did his rookie season, I.
Speaker 3: Think poorly, like for fantasy reasons, like you didn't you weren't happy with where you putting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he had a great career, twenty five receptions for two hundred and forty eight yards and one Touchdown's.
Speaker 3: Not happy about where You're not happy about that? So he was a do not draft guy.
Speaker 2: He was a do not draft guy. And so some of these are like, don't draft them because just stay away. They're in for a down year. Some are more so.
Speaker 3: I mean, everybody is a price.
Speaker 2: Exactly right, don't draft them as high as as their price tag might indicate. Let's start with quarterbacks, and the first one on the list here is one of those guys. It's Josh Allen that yes, he deserves.
Speaker 3: To be the first quarterbacks off the.
Speaker 2: Board in every draft, but people are starting to take them in the first round. People are starting to take them early in the second round. And sorry, Josh, it isn't you, it's just me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, basically, that's a great way of putting it, because he won't be somebody I draft because first off, I always I've said this before. My buddy Sab who you know, isn't bowed into fantasy football. He'll be the first to tell you he's got a real life and he's in our league. But he doesn't monitor certainly like I do or most people in the league. I'm like, sad, take Josh Allen because you can just set it forget it. You'll be in every game Josh and then go from there. And he always does. And he's the safest and the best quarterback in NFL history. But this year in particular, there's so many other options you could get eight ten rounds later. I'm just not buying the top dog at that position this year. I'm just not gonna do it. That's that's I's a logic, right yep. Nothing against It's me, not you.
Speaker 2: Drake May is also on this list. Had an outstanding year last year. Didn't face a top ten defense during the regular season last year. Faces a bunch of them this year.
Speaker 3: But he gets AJ Brown and Dobbs.
Speaker 2: He does get AJ Brown. He said that he said that I'm fading Drake May this year, probably just for this season, but that he's another one that's gonna get drafted way too high.
Speaker 3: But he's a perfect example in two regards. I won that league. I was just talking about last year, largely in part for taking Drake may in like the eleventh or twelfth round boom, you know, like you can. I'm really good at that too. I mean you can find those quarterbacks to do it. For the quarterback absolutely, But now if he's costing me a third or fourth rounder, I'm gonna look for the next straight mate, not this trake man. You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Correct, both those Washington Commandos commanders. Jayden Daniel is up next.
Speaker 3: Some concerns put the s on the end. I went the opposite way. What am I doing? Daniels a little Chase Daniel and Jayden Daniels.
Speaker 2: Some some like, yes, he's got a men's tool, amens immense tools, but there might be some statistical ceiling this year with a lack of great weapons around him, and his injury risk is still concerning.
Speaker 3: Not that it's a huge needle mover, but adding digs made me feel a little better, a little bit better. Yeah. I don't know if this was written before or after that. At least I thought they had some of the worst weapons in the league. Now it's simply well below average as opposed to garbage but young quarterbacks that are asked to do so much, especially with a strong injury history going back to LSU, and he's going like one of the top five quarterbacks you can have them.
Speaker 2: Jordan Love up next, doesn't run, doesn't run, it rarely throws more than thirty times per game. Likes him as a quarterback, just not for fantasy football purposes.
Speaker 3: So a real sneaky move when you really get into fantasy is trying to figure out what teams run a lot of plays, like the Saints run a ton of plays that that head coach offensive coordinator alt Kellen Moore has done that everywhere Shuck runs, So Shuck might be my this year. Drake May. You don't have to love him. He just added a good running back, a first round wide receiver. But they run a ton of plays and he runs, So that's what you're looking for that. I mean, we're not playing NFL football here. We're trying to build the most points. And that's a Green Bay thing. They play slow, you know, they're methodical, they' tech the defense a little bit. It wasn't run. It doesn't run as much as you think. Really good player. I think he's a top ten quarterback, but it's probably my fourteenth quarterback in fantasy and he'll be gone by that and.
Speaker 2: Then the last two on this list for quarterbacks Matt Bernana Mendoza.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you don't know, you know, well, when.
Speaker 2: You're gonna see him and Daniel Jones, you know, not gonna They're not gonna have him run like they did in the past, coming Robby, coming off of that Achilles injury, and uh, and just that he doesn't have quite the same level of weapons, namely one Michael Pittman Junior that he had last season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he's not expensive either in the fantasy world. A lot that's baked in for where he's going. I only hesitate on that one because if by chance you get the first half of the season, Daniel Jones, hellow kicked your drafts a lot of times a thousand, you know, because they're putting up a ton of points. He's running a fair amount. He's not lamar. But I also hesitate because just what I've been hearing late the Beat reports out of Indy are you never know, it was hard to be get. He looks great again. With all respect all our Beat reporter buddies and Dale and people that did it so well. I always have a hard time just totally buying in on that. I'm just gonna trust all the guys in Indy. You have to write something every day about Daniel Jones. But all the reports have been really good. Interesting. I'm sure he won't play in the preseason, that I confirm it, you know what I mean, But like, he might be my quarterback two. And if he hits great, you know, no one's gonna have him as one, you mean, quarterback two on your team, not on your big board. If I if I waited and took him and Lawrence or something, you know what.
Speaker 2: I mean, he'll be He's he'll be a real interesting one to keep an eye on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, because he produces for fantasy even with the Giants, because he ran the Giants, because he wore five hundred yards on the ground, a couple of touchdowns.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, No, he's always been underrated in that in that realm. Certainly, Matt, I want to continue with some of these running backs and wide receivers.
Speaker 3: Too, as we'll do.
Speaker 2: Uh, we'll do a little bonus fantasy football focus. Keep it going. When we return. The rain falling light here very lightly, the sun is out. I wonder if there's maybe a rainbow somewhere on campus right now, Matt Williamson, maybe I'll take a look at that. During the break, we're gonna continue some fantasy football conversation. We'll also at the top of the five o'clock hour, as we always do, we'll hit your tweets, So keep those rolling in if you want to get involved at Wesley Yuler at Williamson NFL. It is the Drive live on location at Saint Vincent College, all part of our ongoing training camp coverage Steelers Nation Radio on the Steelers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: You're home for the Steelers. This is the Pittsburgh Steelers Audio Network. This is live coverage job Dot twenty twenty six Steelers Training Camp or the Steelers Audio Network, presented by bud Light, Easy to Drink, easy to enjoy, and brought to you in part by Pennsylvania One Call Systems Dial eight one one before you dig SNT Bank People Forward Banking by Kalucy Chevrolet, serving the Pittsburgh area for over one hundred and eight years. Clearview Federal Credit Uth. For every touchdown the Black and Gold Score in twenty twenty six, Clearview will donate five hundred dollars to the Light of Life mission. They said, CLEARVIEWFCU dot org and buy Iron Workers Local Union number three. We don't go to the office, we build it.
Speaker 2: The weather not making up its mind out here today, Matt.
Speaker 3: Pretty odd.
Speaker 2: It was lightly rating when we went to break and then for those few minutes it started pouring down for a couple minutes here, and then now it's back to kind of a light drizzle here on the campus of Saint Vincent, not Vincent's couch.
Speaker 3: And as you mentioned, the sun is out, but can't quite find a rainbow. You know, there's some clouds, but they're mostly clear, you know. I mean, it's nice out it is.
Speaker 2: It is, just with a albeit a little bit of rain going on here. I was gonna say, if we could get a rainbow over the basilica in the Saint Vincent shrubbery over there, that would be a heck of a picture.
Speaker 3: Right early a church right over the church. You said that church is incredible by it. I've never walked in there.
Speaker 2: In credible. I would recommend that you do at some point. It's it's I think it's it's like one of those things where it's the classic church in the sense of it's open from like dawn to dusk, open all day like that church mean, or like campus in general, like.
Speaker 3: Churches in general. I think I think some frequent churches.
Speaker 2: Very I think they are, Matt. But that's that like that was the old you know, like Catholic style Basilica, Like the church was open all the time. Yeah, it could come in, you could say your prayers all that stuff. It's the same there. I don't know if it's open overnight, but it opens at like the crack of dawn in the morning and it's open all day. Now you have to be careful because in the sense of old school Basilica, there's no air conditioning in that thing, so this time of year it can get a little toasty. But I a lot of times there's people in there, like playing organ in the candles, and it's just picture all the classic out now it's coming down. Might even be able to hear it in the background a little bit. It's really pretty in there, Matt. They've always got some type of music playing. There's always some can lit I think.
Speaker 3: In there, and uh, you know, you know, you know this pictures incredible. The architecture in.
Speaker 2: There, you know, the stained glass windows and all that stuff. When we used to when you and I, you know, before we upgraded and moved into the Penthouse hotel across the street. We uh, we used to stay here on campus obviously for many years. And I used to always kind of like when i'd wake up in the morning, I'd go for a walk around campus. That was one of my dork things that I did here, not even necessarily, and yeah, I like the element of taking a walk and getting myself going.
Speaker 3: In the modom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it was more so just because there was so much cool stuff to see here on a college campus, more.
Speaker 3: Of it and take the same path everywhere, you know.
Speaker 2: I had a for a couple of summers, I had a fun tradition where I'd go to the cafeteria over there and get a coffee and then I'd just walk, you know, a few yards down to the basilica and I'd sit in like the back row for like ten minutes, sit my coffee, wake up a little bit, listen to some organ music, and then I, you know, as soon as I drank my first Joe of the day, i'd you know, throw the cup away and go walk around campus and then come back and shower and you know, something good for the start today. It was very good for the soul. I'd like to think it saved.
Speaker 3: My soul there at some point. WHOA, it's really I was gonna say, people really might be.
Speaker 2: Let's tack the third headset here and stick it out and we'll use it like We'll use it like a crowd mic here with all the rain coming down on the bleachers in front of us, Matt little Fantasy football focus maybe hour here or at least a couple of segments, but I want to continue discussing some of these names with you. The do not Draft List by one of map's former colleagues, Eric Carabell of.
Speaker 3: Es Yeah all time.
Speaker 2: Uh if hey, if he was doing if he was doing a fantasy football summit stuff back with you back then, he really he really is a he really is one of the ogs of this fantasy football world that we all live in. Now, let's talk some running backs on his do not draft list. Number one is Christian McCaffrey.
Speaker 3: There's real split, too.
Speaker 2: Many, too many touches, too many injuries. Running Backs are mortal, and he, you know, is.
Speaker 3: Also the best running back in fantasy history. He is and he's had no competition for touches. The receivers are kind of a mess. There's no backups. You're just keeping your fingers crossed. And he doesn't go down the plays at least fifteen games, right, But he's gonna cost you a first round pick somewhere in the middle of the first He could be the third running back off the board behind Gibbs and Robinson. When he's out there, he's incredible. But history is not kind to guys the year after the workload he had. And the little known fact is his yards for Carrie really went down last year and some of it's blocking some of us. He's just not as explosive. But his value is catching the ball, yes, you know, and that really doesn't go away. I mean the yards for carry stuff is great for our conversations with the Steelers, but in the world of fantasy football, I don't really care, you know. I mean, that's that's yeah, you need to go.
Speaker 2: You need to compile the stats and score points.
Speaker 3: Yeah, getting the end zone catch balls, and there's no one better in history at it than him. So I get it's just a risky move and you're gonna I commend your Stones if you do it. But I can see why.
Speaker 2: Up next is Kenneth Walker never finished better than fifteenth at running back in Fantasy during his first four seasons.
Speaker 3: And you know, injury history.
Speaker 2: Injury history there saying, hey, if you can get him in the third round, fourth round, maybe that's when you start thinking about him.
Speaker 3: But no higher than that. Okay, so doesn't have a great history catching the ball, but going back to Michigan State, he was good at it, and this past year for Seattle he was good at it. Does Kansas City see it that way? Who's to say, but they gave him a lot of money and they're gonna give him the ball. Doesn't also have a lot of competition. Their receivers are really poor in my opinion, outside of Racey Rice and mahomes Is coming back from an injury, so I think they told us we want to run the ball more with a really good back. But he does have an injury history most of his career. He split with Sharbonnet, So does he handle eighty five percent of the touches as well as he used to? Had a good conversation with this just yesterday on a different podcast though, But going back Andy Reid's history. Lately, the Chiefs have not had a bell cow back because and my contention was because none of them were good enough to be a bell cow bat. Sure, Pachecko's not lev Bell, you know what I mean. Like, but if you go back to Andy Reid's history, this is really going back though Westbrook, Lashawn McCoy, Jamal Charles Young, Kareem Hunt. He jumps on their back and rides y. Yes he does, and even if they're not huge, So I kind of fight him on this one.
Speaker 2: Up next is Kyron Williams of the La Rams because no longer, you know, just be careful about assuming him as a as a high quality RB two option with the emergence of Blake Korum.
Speaker 3: One hundred percent agree. I've never owned Kien Williams in any fantasy format, not that I hate him. I just think he's a little bit of an overrated talent, and my scouting heart will always kind of lean towards talent. I mean, situation has been great for him, but Korum's coming on strong. I don't think Williams is locked in as the clear number one as people think he's a little smaller, so he probably won't be from me yet again.
Speaker 2: Bucky Irving up just regressed a little bit, has some injury concerns.
Speaker 3: And he has massive injury concerns.
Speaker 2: And the Bucks signed, of course formerly of this parish. Yep, Kenneth gain Wells. No, sorry, Kenneth game Well.
Speaker 3: And game Well is going to be the receiver. So that takes a ton of targets off Irving's possibility that kills him. I'm almost should I'm almost certain that he had a bad shoulder injury. Shoulder. Yes, Shoulders for backs are terrible. I mean, maybe he's one hundred percent fine, but if it's lingering at all, just think of how many times you'd lower your shoulder and get smacked the shoulder. And I know that your shoulder pads on, but that's Shoulders for backs to me are stay aways. And I don't think he's a great talent either. His rookie year, rookie year.
Speaker 2: Was great and then it's hasn't had And I don't.
Speaker 3: Think that's great football player.
Speaker 2: Yes, uh, Travion Henderson of the Patriots is next, but he has to split time, you know, the logic being has to split time with Ramandre Stevenson. Yeah, and that you know, similar to what we were talking about with Drake May, like the Patriots face a lot tougher defenses this year than they.
Speaker 3: Did last year. Yeah, I agree with this one too watching the tape. Henderson is still very much learning how to become an NFL back. Some of these super talented dudes, and you played Ohio State and not that his world's been easy, but it's a nice path and he's got good blockers. You can bounce things. You're often the best athlete on the field. He needs to when the b gap opens up for three yards, he needs to hit it and get five. You know, Soun's really coming out. It feels like there should definitely.
Speaker 2: Be a round.
Speaker 3: Where's the gold? And he's a home run hitter, so those highlights look awesome. But Ramondre Stevenson is the guy that coaches trust and Henderson was non coming out of Ohio State. This guy's an unbelievable pass blocker. He was terrible as a pass blocker as a rookie. That's brutal, you know.
Speaker 2: I mean, that doesn't get you on the field as right as you'd like.
Speaker 3: So that he's not as coach friendly as you think. I mean, running backs is a lot about coaches trust, and there's a couple of ways to lose coaches trust. Fumble a lot, which Stevenson actually used to do and doesn't anymore, be bad in protection, and not take what's given. We've blocked this thing for four, get me five, you know, make it second and five, and he two of those three boxes. He's not real good at yet.
Speaker 2: Up next to New Orleans Saints newest acquisition, Travis a Chan junior, coming off his best season, but be wary of volume concerns. You know, Alvin Kamara is one of the top pass receiving running backs ever. He caught sixty eight passes in fourteen games. A Chan not as productive at.
Speaker 3: The goal line that's at.
Speaker 2: And is not catch it, you know, according to projections, will not catch six touchdowns again like he did last season. His first three seasons in the league, he only had one touchdown reception and then had six last year.
Speaker 3: A little bit of an underrated or overrated receiver. Also not great in protection, so a lot of his touchdowns over the years have come from distance, which is hard to count on. I would only counter it with the Saints run a ton of plays, as we mentioned, improving offense and they gave him money, you know, so they like him, they know better than we do.
Speaker 2: And as you mentioned, they're gonna run a lot of plays, run a lot of plays and hopefully score a lot of points. Yeah yeah, that's how do you balance that one? I think that's another just depends where you end up drafting him type conversation. And then last on the running back list, Matt is the Tennessee Titans Tony Pollard. He has had four straight, you know, four consecutive thousand yard rush seasons, but he's neither terribly efficient nor much of a pass catcher. And you know, maybe maybe he's a viable flex option, but preferring to aim higher.
Speaker 3: I get it. Tajy Spears seems like he's kind of washing out a little bit. They drafted Singleton in the fourth round. I think, who's talented, but he's got a ways to go. So I do think Paulard's gonna get a lot of touches early in the season. How well he holds up as questionable. And this is real speculation, but I think he's one of the most obvious trade deadline guys out there. What if he ends up on Buffalo, if Cook gets hurt, or something like that. You know what I mean, Like it's out a trade, Yeah, exactly. You know, so Josh Jacobs gets suspended or whatever and he ends up there, you know, like say he might there might be a spark at some point during the season where you're like, oh, it's value just went up a lot.
Speaker 2: And that's what makes uh, that's what makes this conversation so much fun. Yeah, yeah, it's uh, these guys are kind of like stocks, you know. Oh, absolutely, They're kind of like football trading cards.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just learned earlier today that Matt Williamson is a guru in the uh in the card collectibles department. We had a fun forty five minute conversation over lunch.
Speaker 3: A little bit, a little bit, little something down on the side, something on the side.
Speaker 2: He's like, that's all you could say, though, don't give away any of my other secrets, all right, you'll go to break and keep the secrets where they lie. I want to have a couple more uh, you know, teased across and eyes to Dot fantasy football conversations with Matt. We'll also start hitting your tweets as we roll along here. Rain now on pause and the sun is out, but it is a it's a soaked campus here for the moment, West Juler, Matt Williamson. We are, of course, high atop Chuck no Olefield on the campus of Saint Vincent College in Latro, Pennsylvania. All part of our ongoing training camp coverage. It's the Drive Steelers Nation Radio on the Steelers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Steelers Football happens here the Pittsburgh Steelers Audio Network. The Steelers Audio Network presented by bud Light, Easy to Drink, easy to enjoy, and brought to you in part by Pennsylvania One Call Systems Dial eve one one before you dig, sn T Bank People Forward Banking by com See Chevrolet, serving the Pittsburgh area for over one hundred and eight years. Clearview Federal Credit Union. For every touchdown the Black and Gold score. In twenty twenty six, Clearview will donate five hundred dollars to the Light of Life Mission. Listen CLEARVIEWFCU dot org and by Iron Workers Local Union Number three.
Speaker 3: We don't go to the office. We build it.
Speaker 2: Down the home stretch of Fantasy Football Hour here on the Drive on this Friday, Little Friday Evening edition here of the Little Yuler and Williamson to send you into the weekend. We will of course have nine more hours of live SNR programming tomorrow on campus, all leading up to Saturday night Lights at six pm at Latrow Memorial. If you are someone who make sure to say this every year, Matt and I'm sure we'll say it again tomorrow. If you're someone who's coming out for practice tomorrow, yeah, do not come to campus and nobody except for Matt and I, nobody will are you here at that time?
Speaker 3: Somebody always does though, Like we've done shows and people be like with their palms in the air, like where's everybody et?
Speaker 2: And it's funny too, you know, Matt and I obviously up in the press box. We have a great vantage point that we've laid out for the people in the past. You can really see a vast majority of campus from where you and I sit, and a lot of times, like you'll see people like ride up and then you'll see the security guards is like stop them, and then they'll flip a You turn and turn back around and it's like, Nope, this is not where you want to be. Do not come to Saint Vincent College tomorrow.
Speaker 3: And I know you've had these conversations that watering holes are around here. I've met people that drive up from Mississippi. Oh, and I'm always hoping, like, I hope they didn't come before. I hope they were like twenty minutes down the road. You know.
Speaker 2: I was thinking that today, And I know, you know that every practice there's people that drive from hours and hours away, and so I'm sure there were some people that drove hours yesterday or this morning and hoping to see practice today.
Speaker 3: And hey, people probably got screwed a little bit.
Speaker 2: Getting that, and hey, that's part of the game. Unfortunately, it's just the way it is when you have outdoor training camp. But I do at the same time, as much as that is part of the part of the process, I do feel bad for the people that, you know, make this a summer event. But hopefully plenty of you are able, you know, those who were planning on attending today's practice. Hopefully you were trying to kind of make a weekend out of it, and can still.
Speaker 3: If you came from real far, you probably at least can, yes, yes, tomort night or whatever.
Speaker 2: See your Steelers tomorrow night. But do not do not try to come to the campus of Saint Vincent College because there'll be no one here in the security guards. We'll ask you politely to please turn around and go elsewhere, not till Monday, Right, yep, Monday will be the next time we're back here on campus for a practice, because tomorrow, of course at Latro Memorial for a little Saturday night lights, Matt, few more names on this fantasy football do that draft list that I want to run past you the next Rashi Rice leading off the wide receiver list.
Speaker 3: He's really good for fantasy because he's like the only guy they trust to move the change, but he's not dynamic, really bad against man coverage and off off the field stuff. Yeah, I mean, just what if he does something dumb the day after you draft him.
Speaker 2: You know, as you mentioned, he was doing rehab from prison this.
Speaker 3: Year, right, knee from prison, come.
Speaker 2: Back from from that off season knee surgery. I don't think jail is the place that you want to be rehabiting an injury.
Speaker 3: Is an NFL player.
Speaker 2: Next up on the list, Matt, And you've kind of been all over this really dating back to the end of the regular season.
Speaker 3: A Brown, Yeah, he scares the heck on him. He's going really high. I just think he's just a declining move es.
Speaker 2: Yeah again that if you can get him, if you could get him at the right spot, there can be value there. But do not draft him in the top ten of fantasy wide receivers.
Speaker 3: No, I would. People are gonna look at him like, oh, he's back to being the guy two years ago for fantasy. I think those days have sailed. I hope I'm wrong.
Speaker 2: Next on the wide receiver list here is Marvin Harrison Junior.
Speaker 3: Oh. I kind of might fight him on.
Speaker 2: This might blossom one of these seasons, but you got to stop blaming the organization or his quarterbacks for his ordinary numbers. It's time for him to show a little bit more.
Speaker 3: That's fair, especially considering he's a transcendent prospect and his dad's a Hall of Famer, And you know he was the fourth overall pick, right, I mean, top five guy. But who's the stud receiver at Ohio State now? Right now? It's Jeremiah Smith. Yeah, he was Jeremiah Smith before Jeremiah Smith. Wait till you see this guy. You think Ohio State's had great receivers, wait till this Harrison dude comes, and it'll never be that. I mean, I don't think he's ever going to be better than jsn is now or you know, maybe even a Lave or Wilson. But he's still a talented player, I mean no doubt about that. And I think they've used it. That's why I'm going to blame the coaching staff is they've lined him up like he's George Pickens outside the numbers. Just go win one on one and be big. And I've stolen this from Matt Harmon, but I one hundred percent believe it because the way he's described it turned the light on to me. He's much more ceedee lamb slot, get him the ball, quick break a tackle. He's not as fast as you think. He's not Randy Moss, you know, just because dad's Marvin Harrison. So I hope this new staff uses him in a more proper manner.
Speaker 2: Big year for him, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: He could be a guy that gets to move to the trade deadline too. If they're terrible they don't want to invest in them.
Speaker 2: That would be a very interesting what the return for him would be. Because he's still so young, there's still so much potential there. But he has not been the prospect that people thought he was coming out of Ohio State. Certainly, next Matt is just all of the Jacksonville Jaguars wide receivers because because who is week to week, it's going to be so hard to predict who's the.
Speaker 3: Guy, and because it hunters a Travis Hunter is a corner first, but I bet he still runs ten or fifteen routes a game and they want him given the ball. Jakobe Myers they traded for and he kind of put the puzzle complete, but that was with Hunter out of the mix, and then Thomas could be the outside guy and Parker Washington's come on strong, and then they draft the tight end with their first pick. So they're probably not gonna have three receivers on the field as much as they used to. You can have them. It's like the Packers have always been like, yes, one, too many mouths to feed.
Speaker 2: Here, Yes and so and again. From a winning football games perspective, right, that's great. Yeah, But for a fantasy football conversation, that's not what you're looking at. Draft Lawrence right, drafted, Yes, draft Lawrence, and then the last one, Matt is just a basic caution of be careful where you're drafting rookie wide receivers, because if you look at the twenty twenty five class, right, Travis Hunter, Teed McMillan, a Mecca Abuka, Matthew Golden, Jaden Higgins, Luther Burden, the third, Trey Harris, jack Becked all top sixty draft picks.
Speaker 3: Two of them finished in the.
Speaker 2: Top fifty of wide receivers last year for Fantasy Football, and Buka fell off.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: So he's saying, I like Tate, I like you know, Tyson and Concepcion and these guys, but they're just be careful because they are all likely to get over drafted.
Speaker 3: And I thought last year's receiver class at this stage of the calendar year is better than this year's receiver class. You know, like I like Tate, I like Tyson, But they don't think they're Jamar Chase. You know, they looking at ADPs the other day, I was a little shocked how high both those guys go, Like, oh, maybe somebody else can have them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it is funny. It's a it's a good point that like does seem like rookie wide receivers there's always you know, they haven't failed yet. Yeah, so it's it's just all sunshine and rainbows, and they're gonna hit and they're gonna have great success, and they're gonna fit into the offense seamlessly and all those different things.
Speaker 3: Like this is gonna break people's hearts. But if Jeremy Bernard has forty catches for six hundred yards this year, that's a pretty darn good rookie season for a second round pick. And it's terrible for fantasy. It's that doesn't get you anywhere for fantasy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a very good example to draw.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, he's second round pick. He's one of the top receivers drafted.
Speaker 2: But I'd probably take forty catches in six hundred yards from him right Nowte'll probably be good solid.
Speaker 3: Probably what three or four touchdown Yeah, yeah, play thirty three or thirty eight percent of the snaps or something like that. I'm like, Okay, that's a successful year.
Speaker 2: Then to round out this exerc there's two tight ends listed. The first is Dallas Goddard.
Speaker 3: Oh, I kind of disagree on that.
Speaker 2: He did say, hey, he caught eleven of the team's twenty six touchdown throws last year, which he won't catch, but he but he caught twelve the prior four seasons combined, and last year was kind of his benchmark fantasy football season.
Speaker 3: Well, that team doesn't throw touchdown passes. It's either Barkley or Hurts runs it in.
Speaker 2: And yes, that's basically that the offense has a lot of a lot of back and forth in the past game and that last year was probably the best fantasy football season he'll ever have.
Speaker 3: That's probably true. And he's up in age and he's even flirted with retirement at this stage of his career. But and maybe this isn't enough to go off of his numbers when aj Brown is not in the lineup are tremendous. So take that for what you want. Take that for what you want.
Speaker 2: I know you and I have said this many times, but the Eagles this season, particularly on that offensive side of the football, are going to be a fascinating follow to keep an eye on.
Speaker 3: One.
Speaker 2: Matt two closed down this hour into round out this exercise is Kyle Pitts Senior.
Speaker 3: Hmmm, maybe the quarterback stuff is terrible.
Speaker 2: Questions about the quarterback position and just that seemingly pits you know, still being that number four draft pick a few years ago. Yeah, it's still kind of consistently, not that there's not value there, but he's one of those guys that's consistently overdrafted.
Speaker 3: Maybe I'm always pretty confident when I draft the tight end that has a chance to be the number two target earner on his team, and he's what he does, and he definitely does after Drake, maybe Djon Catch has more, but they're short stuff. I mean, he'll probably be in the top three in terms of targets on the Falcons. It's not terrible. He wouldn't be top of my list.
Speaker 2: He's basically that like a lot of lists have him in the top five. Yeah, he's like, that's a little little too rich, little too overvalued for that's fair.
Speaker 3: I'm taking like Craft and Warren and Loveland.
Speaker 2: Over him, and then obviously McBride, right, you're the top dogs pourers, Matt two hours of the books. If you look to our left, there's some nasty looking man. We might get crushed an hour from now when we're walking back down to our cars at the bottom.
Speaker 3: They go, that's the problem for us.
Speaker 2: To figure out here in about an hour, because we've got the bonus hour of the drive coming at you on the other side. We'll start by hitting those tweets in the five o'clock hour. You know where to get at us if you want to get involved. West s Huler Matt Williamson, two hours down, another hour to go. Here our final hour of coverage on this Friday. When we return, it is the Drive Steelers Nation Radio on the Steelers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: We bleed black and gold. This is the Pittsburgh Steelers Audio Network.