Speaker 1: It's nine O Genegen with Jenny Garth and Tory Spelling.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, you guys, we are here with another episode of nine O two one O MG. And Toy's here, Amy's here, Jenny's here, We're all here.
Speaker 3: We're here, We're here.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I wish everyone listening could get them behind the scenes like I get.
Speaker 2: Well, they basically do because we have not a lot of filters, so what goes on in the next hour is basically behind the scenes.
Speaker 3: I'm welcome what we just got to view your hot pants? Joy, So everybody and Jen? What were they?
Speaker 2: Amy, just for the record, has taken this podcasting casual apparel to the next level. And she's wearing hot pants. That's right, hot pants, but they have a dalmation pattern on them, which I.
Speaker 1: Look normal on top, but I was running into the room and the camera was on.
Speaker 3: Jesus, you guys don't weary my pajamas on the bottom. I'm just wearing underwear. That's okay.
Speaker 4: We both said hotpants, but I feel like that's our generation.
Speaker 3: The booty shorts they called their back too. I know.
Speaker 1: What's crazy is how much of the fashion in this season is back.
Speaker 3: Yes, because the crop tops, it's so good.
Speaker 1: What what Donna Ward of the fraternity party.
Speaker 3: Now we haven't already introduced the episode yet. Good lord woman, there's an order. I think hot pants.
Speaker 2: You need a gavel, like you need a gvel, So you know what, I have a gavel?
Speaker 3: Oh my god? Oh yeah, that would be good.
Speaker 4: Get it.
Speaker 3: And when we go off track, you coop, I know I gotta fight Jenn. He brings out dad's gavel. He was a teacher and he had a gavel on his desk. Oh, that'spen I need that. Brandon was aggressive with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah the ex Okay, okay, guys, guys, guys go back. Season five, episode four, Life After Death aired September twenty eighth, nineteen ninety four.
Speaker 4: Synopsis. Brandon is devastated by Josh's death, and Kelly can't seem to make him feel better. Dylan and Valerie bond over the loss of their dads. Claire starts falling for David, but has no idea he's done his former love yikes. Meanwhile, missus Martin sets Donna up on a blind date with the boy she already had her eyes on, and Steve gets saved by Brandon after the cops show up at his frat party.
Speaker 3: This was an action packed episode. I will say this. I mean not like you know.
Speaker 2: This was the aftermath of Josh dying, so there was no big blow ups or big things that really happened, But.
Speaker 3: There was just a lot of stories going on.
Speaker 1: Yes, half of which were amazing and then half of which were a little bit snoozy, snoozy little yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know. It had me all feeling nine O two one OHI yeah, yes, yeah, it was a real it last week.
Speaker 5: This is.
Speaker 3: Full on. I really liked the writing in this episode.
Speaker 2: Wait and I didn't even say It was directed by James Whitmore Junior and written by Jessica Klein and Steve Wasserman. So that explains that because there were our faves, Yes, totally.
Speaker 4: There was the banter perspective and a femaletive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was the witty, sort of cheesy banter which I got a lot of messages that people love.
Speaker 3: The double Icondre, even though I was like it's barf. A lot of people loved that.
Speaker 1: They do really, yes, oh yes, there's a lot of Valerie Dylan people.
Speaker 3: We oh, okay say more. Yeah, they just think it's great and that I was wrong, which, okay, sure, I.
Speaker 2: Don't like that all that sex banter either that all that you know, dirty in your windows.
Speaker 3: There we have some of it again, and so I tried to be more open minded to it. Well we can get to it. But she definitely it wasn't.
Speaker 2: Crazy y, no, big, Clearly you want to jump in and talk about Val and Dylan.
Speaker 3: So let's just do it. I mean, I'm kind of down to do it.
Speaker 4: I didn't remember what may may I just bring this up? What should we however, maybe start with Josh so we get the sad part out of the way and then can go fun.
Speaker 3: Okay, fine, because it does idea.
Speaker 4: Actually I'm just saying, I'm just saying, well, we can't really start with Josh because Josh is dead.
Speaker 3: Go okay, we're done.
Speaker 4: And next storyline.
Speaker 3: I know, I have a few thoughts Kelly.
Speaker 1: Kelly is aware that she doesn't always say quite the right thing, because we've seen almost that exact moment play out.
Speaker 3: But then yet she does find a way to say exactly the right thing.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 2: I feel like this is another example when she's like in a situation she doesn't really know how to handle it, so she just gets quiet, like she doesn't say anything, and that's kind of seen as not understanding or not compassionate.
Speaker 3: But she doesn't know what to say or do. I mean, who knows, especially at that age, what to say or do in this situation when your boyfriend's just had this happen to him.
Speaker 4: True, but I thought it was a really nice build from the beginning of where she didn't know what to say and how it was misinterpreted by Brandon to the end scene, which you were brilliant in.
Speaker 3: I love that scene.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was happy that she went to talk to Andrea and those two. You know, Andrea kind of does that with Donna, she does it with all the characters, really give them that sage advice, just like she does in real life gab So it works. And I always love those cutes because it's it's like the dynamics of us in real life.
Speaker 3: Wait, that's cute.
Speaker 1: So is that you kind of would go to Gabrielle for that same kind of advice, wisdom.
Speaker 3: Calm, go to I was gonna say the same explain like she was just there, or she would she would be willing to give the advice. She's just there. In your moment of need.
Speaker 2: And she is just very she knows when to speak and when you need to hear something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, in a mature way that when we were young and we didn't know what to say to each other, she would just step in and give her opinion. She was married by now, I mean, but yeah, just.
Speaker 3: Like literally literally yeah, But I I felt like that.
Speaker 2: I did enjoy the build between Brandon and Kelly, the way he was just searching and so lost. And I really loved his acting in this episode, Jason's acting. I didn't love that that the show started on the eulogy, and and I didn't love the way his eulogy was written, just because it felt very like a political guy, like I don't know, it wasn't like real talk. Yeah, but the emotional roller that he went through throughout the whole episode was really fun to watch and touching and real, you know, because it took him a while to just sort of I mean, by no means is he over the grieving process, but you got to see effects of something and how.
Speaker 3: It you know, he tried to rally for Steve. He tried to go to that party. Yep, yep, so insensitive Steve by the way Steve's.
Speaker 1: I'm focused on mine's hair, was Iron's a bit I mean, sorry not Ian Steve. Pardon me is always about about Steve. At the end of the day, he does have a little of that.
Speaker 2: But I love that that that's the way that character is written because that's how people are. That's exactly there's something especially in college.
Speaker 4: Yeah, is it just me or did I was gonna say Jason, But did Brandon Walsh look especially sexy this episode?
Speaker 3: Like that's different from last episode?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You know what it is? I think his maypy his I don't know. I don't know if it's the neck, but he just felt grounded. He felt like.
Speaker 2: There was a quiet sexiness about him in this episode and it was not over and it was not like chomping, and it was just like I like that, like meaningful, thoughtful, mindful Brandon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because he had to play it like he was more going through this heavy stuff in this episodeode, Can.
Speaker 3: I ask a question? I love Yes, I love that. I mean I I just was all about the physical, but yes, it came from inside.
Speaker 1: I do feel like Kelly ends up with men that are a little bit not totally in touch with.
Speaker 3: What they're really experiencing.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I'm saying, Like, you know, in the bedroom. Yes, when he it just reminded me of like I've seen this before with Dylan.
Speaker 3: So he comes in.
Speaker 1: He obviously didn't want to be alone, and you're like trying your best, You're still just a twenty something. Do you want to get in the bed? Do you want to talk?
Speaker 3: And then they get so huffy, like y, I just maybe I do want to be alone, and it's like you didn't do anything. She's got patience, man to deal with these drama queens. You know what it is like?
Speaker 4: I feel like people drive really far to get to that beach house and they leave real quick. So like Brandon, that was a far drive.
Speaker 3: It's close. We'll cut later with David. Yeah, no, it's so true. People don't just stop in when you live and you know, where does that Huntington Beach? Except for David, he came in and right so for sake of the show, it was probably Malibu.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they've been yeah, yeah, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Kelly always ends up with men, and I don't want to say always, but there are similarities between Brandon dealing with emotions and Dylan. They just aren't quite evolved to like realize, Oh wait, I'm not really mad at you or.
Speaker 3: Even upset at you.
Speaker 1: I'm just devastated by this situations.
Speaker 4: Like all young twenty year old boys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's actually written pretty accurately.
Speaker 4: I just tried to do like the history check in the roster check.
Speaker 3: Does that pan out? Does she? Wait?
Speaker 4: I'm trying to think of all the boyfriends Kelly had and Steve, they were all well, he wasn't unemotionally attached.
Speaker 3: Well, later she gets some bad dudes.
Speaker 4: I went straight from Brandon to Matt Dirning and that. There's there's more in between.
Speaker 3: There's so many more. The only ones I can remember are Dylan and Brandon at this point. Oh what about the one that gets into drugs? Oh, Colin John Sears, But he wasn't a boy John J. Sears. Yuck.
Speaker 4: I didn't even leave a blanket down for you.
Speaker 1: I don't think people were appropriately dressed at that eulogy funeral.
Speaker 4: Okay, agreed, Like I went first of all, I called it out, like in my brain, I was like, wait, Steve's wearing a polo to a funeral.
Speaker 3: But then I was like wait, is it on the campus right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was like maybe it was just the campus memorial and what is Oh okay, it was a.
Speaker 4: Weird look when we looked at one of his memorials there was a lot of flowers there, and purple ones growing out of Brandon's head. I was very distracted.
Speaker 1: Sorry the al many flowers and a lot of stained glass in this episode. I didn't realize the Martins also have stained green glass and koyfish.
Speaker 3: Remember the koyfish John by the entry? Oh no, inside the Foyers.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh did they show the coopisode? Not in this episode, but oh I would have loved to see that. What wait, we should just I mean, are we done talking about Brandon or no?
Speaker 4: Let me think, well, we have to talk about Josh's Joshua was sister.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, and the I Love you I think there was a very poignant I love you there. Nancy Sorell played Gloria Richland and she was great. Yeah, that was good. I mean it was like, what do you really do with that role? But be the grieving sister.
Speaker 1: Only was a little confused how the letter that Josh sent got to the mom with the photo and then all the way back to Beverly Hills in like a stop it.
Speaker 3: But I was willing to sacrifice the impossibility of that.
Speaker 1: I was like, okay, maybe the facts the letter was faxed back because it was all typed, but then the photo.
Speaker 4: Got back, so that is where the whole thing was going. I thought it was building to something. It was going to be like plot twist and then no, just a grieving sister.
Speaker 2: But her whole point was to deliver that letter so that BRANDI could then come to terms with his relationship because he was I think he was feeling so guilty and he was, you know, he didn't know how to mourn because he was feeling guilty himself for not being a better friend or for for all the things. And then that kind of helped him get through that phase of it.
Speaker 3: He hated that dude. You both did for quite a while. What did you say to him?
Speaker 1: Remember at the camp out thing, you had some line to Josh. It was like it was kind of like make like a treely.
Speaker 3: Josh, Yeah, that's right, it was kind of like that. She told him. We'd have a question.
Speaker 4: Do you think the blue sweater from Josh toa Brandon will come back in a future episode or the sweater will meet the faith of Emily Valentine, just never come, never, never seen again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just asking for a friend.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, he buried that in his time capsule along with Emily Valentine. Excellent, but yeah, Amy to your point the end. Then we'll wrap this one up up the end with Kelly Brandon. I love the way Kelly is just in her room a lot in this episode, and it's very decorated. It's very moody red and very yeah, like.
Speaker 1: I don't know many wine apartments that have that much decor at the dark.
Speaker 3: And then did you guys notice there's.
Speaker 4: A shelf on the wall, pillar candle, Yes, the.
Speaker 1: Pillar candles, shelf on the wall with a photo on it. And I tried so hard to zoom in.
Speaker 3: Is that Brandon? There's a photo of just one person. I don't know, I didn't see. It's it's very what would we call that?
Speaker 4: Maybe it's a signed photo from Brandon to Kelly, like Dylan wrote to Brenda.
Speaker 3: Very very good point. Could be, could be it's z gallery wrong to describe that room as a no. No, that feels more pure one imports mm hmm. Sure, very very decorated.
Speaker 2: The gallery was too cool for Kelly at that time. But I really felt like at the end in that scene when he he can receive her help and love and he says I love you, I was like, Oh, now I see Kelly and Brandon relationship, Like it became really clear that they're so good together.
Speaker 1: Yes, I almost I'm going to say such a controversial thing. Sometimes I like them better than Dylan and Kelly me too.
Speaker 3: They for each other. I think so.
Speaker 4: In this episode, you guys remind me like if I didn't know you guys, I'd be like, are they a couple in real life? Because it's so real, the tention, the love, like it's like a knowing love, so good, so good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you are super close like brother sister close, right, And I think that that was just a natural relationship for us to have on camera.
Speaker 1: Yeah you know, Okay, so this is what I'm sort of There might be more chemistry between Helly and Dylan or Jenny and Luke, like kind of like it's sexier almost, and correct me if I'm wrong.
Speaker 3: This is just I'm spit balling with you guys.
Speaker 1: It's sexy, right, like it's hot. Whereas Brandon and Helly to me is like marriage material.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it feels like love. Yeah love there speaking in love versus love or no love. I feel like they have loved you love Yeah. And I still have love for for Brandon slash Jason.
Speaker 1: You know, don't we already have more I love yous between the two of them than we really ever had between Kelly and Dylan.
Speaker 3: Did they ever say I love you killing I don't. I don't quite remember it off the top of my head right now.
Speaker 4: It was some sort of someone tell us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sure people know.
Speaker 2: They must y'all know, tell us because I don't feel like I remember seeing that.
Speaker 3: It's I don't remember it. But speaking of love, Hello, enter Casper van Deem Oh my gosh, oh what hello? Griffin Stone.
Speaker 1: Did not remember obviously, I you know, Casper Vandien is so hot, right, I knew he was on nine o two, and now he looks the same but young.
Speaker 3: It was weird, like my brain was doing so many weird things.
Speaker 2: Now, that's weird how that works. Ay, people look the same but younger when you see them.
Speaker 3: But there's some things about you guys that is the same to me.
Speaker 1: I don't know why, but when I see it she's over there, and not that he looks old now, he looks great now.
Speaker 3: He just looks slightly different. He does. I don't know that's feeling like. I mean, I know, I'm the.
Speaker 4: Starship Troopers before that movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what in the world?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm sorry, but talk to me about the bikini scene. I was like, am I watching Tory trying to make David jealous? Or am I watching Donna trying to make I'm sorry, Tory trying to make Ran jealous?
Speaker 3: Or Donna trying to make David jealous? I just heard those names. I was like, wait, who what? Who?
Speaker 1: What? It just seemed a little it seemed so whoa. They were at the beach, but she puts his hand, You put your hand on his chest.
Speaker 3: You both look great. You hold hands as you go off, and I'm like, this is juicy, Like what what's happening?
Speaker 4: While that scene took place later in the episode, that was actually the first scene that I ever shot with Casper.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: She was like, nice to meet you. Here's my bikini. Here I am in a read bikini. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So met him that day and was like, oh my gosh, wow so hot, and then had to wear a bikini and obviously awkward scene you guys, because.
Speaker 3: It's me and.
Speaker 4: My wink wink on screen, off screen whatever that was. And then this new hot guy and I had to wear a bikini. I just remember having to choose that bikini and Kathleen being instrumental, and I think that was the start of our friendship because I was like really nervous and she was like, you look so hot and I was like, are you sure? And funny it's red, like who wore the red dress while the red bikini?
Speaker 3: And yeah, you look great.
Speaker 1: Poor Casper van Dien because I'm thinking of him, as you know, he became very famous. He's still recognizable, but at the time he's just a regular old dude like he wasn't he'd come from a famous guest star, right, Like, no, we know him.
Speaker 3: Now this guy has to show up with all of you and be sure this like right out the gate.
Speaker 2: So his first scene, he's just like, he doesn't really strike me as the type to worry about that.
Speaker 4: I mean, look at him, so wait, very confident, were you guys?
Speaker 3: Like who is this hottie? Like what were you?
Speaker 1: Can anybody remember when he joined because he's here for a bit.
Speaker 3: So I don't know if you knew that or not at the time.
Speaker 4: I do remember, and yeah, now that you're saying that, I don't think I was like, oh my gosh, nice to meet you. I think I probably had seen a headshot of his which they would put up in like wardrobe for the guest cast coming and being like, oh my god, this is the guy that's cast is my boyfriend because it's really Donna's first boyfriend besides David, because he's he.
Speaker 3: Is there for a while guy at the ski place, Peppergate, yep, bepper Gate.
Speaker 5: Yes, did you guys know him from around or was he really actually shows up and stays until Jamie walters, yeah, there's a duel for Donnas.
Speaker 3: That's right. Oh but I yes, thought he was really super hot. Wait, Jen, you know the story right? What what story?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: Tell me, well, i'll tell you if I know it. What the Casper thing? Tell me again? Refresh my mems. What Casper thing? So we met here and flirted and ended up dating? Do you and Casper Van Deen? Correct? I didn't know that. I mean I probably did. Oh my god, she's gonna say something.
Speaker 4: No, I'm trying to remember if you knew it at that time because Okay, so after this scene, the scene in the red bikini, which was at the beach apartment they had just come back from the beach, was actually shot as the last scene of the day at night and lit for day. So it was like on a Friday, Yes, a Friday night, And I just remember afterwards, I made Kathleen stay with me and we like hung out with him and talked and then yeah, he and I dated.
Speaker 3: For a bit, like kissed, yes, more than no, well they dated for amount of time.
Speaker 1: Wait, so you meet so you guys did not know him from like around Hollywood, as they say, like somebody ever stunning in your circles because you know how sometimes oh, Brian's friend plays a part or Jason's friend plays a part.
Speaker 3: So this guy was just new cas just to play this part.
Speaker 4: And at the time I remember thinking like this was new for me, like dating someone that you meet once you become famous on a TV show. And also I'm on a TV show that my dad produces, so in my mind, I'm like, no one's ever gonna want to date me? And yes, and very nice guy and very he's a very conservative PC guy.
Speaker 3: That's all I said, like, he's a gentleman.
Speaker 4: A gentleman, complete gentleman.
Speaker 1: Now was there paparazzi at the time or would they have not captured it? Because he wasn't what we like. He became famous as this continued, so like would you get would paparazzi follow you if you went on a date with someone?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: And I feel like we just you know, when you're young, you hang out, so like Kathleen was there most of the time. We were friends and I were alone at some point. But he was a really good guy. And this is when I was getting out of that bad boyfriend relationship, and he was very concerned and just a gentleman and helped talk me through it as a friend. And then we dated a little bit.
Speaker 3: That's all. Oh I like that story. He's a nice guy, but I don't remember it. But he got me out of a really bad thing.
Speaker 4: Because after that bad boyfriend, I was like, oh my gosh, feeling really bad about myself. And then there's this hot guy, smart and funny and nice. First nice guy and I was like, oh my gosh, so.
Speaker 3: He's a good guy.
Speaker 2: I mean, you really it had him stacked against you because Folice even you're on camera, Mom is telling you things like, Donna, you better marry a very rich man so he can support you in the way in which you're a cuss them too.
Speaker 4: I was like, hey, Mom, take it, take it. And the love that I said to her, though I could do laundry. Were you laughing at that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Oh, sweet dogs, how to do laundry? Yeah, I can't do it. Elise is a problem.
Speaker 5: She is.
Speaker 3: She says, Donna, don't be a pill. Yeah she's so.
Speaker 4: We have some fat free muffins and man, the all benifery wrinkled blazer that back that blazer was Renkal.
Speaker 3: Those ladies were dressed up. Yeah, that was lady's luncheon. But in the in the scene before when she tells you to marry a rich man or else you're you're just gonna die.
Speaker 2: You had that funny little uh the gene role that we talked about last week.
Speaker 3: But it wasn't just the unbuttoned jeans. It was a full role. Like, yeah, that that was that. Yeah, that was a trend. That was a tread I remember doing that. Yeah, that was that was definitely a trend.
Speaker 4: Wait I did known as a lot of people though a lot of our listeners were saying the unbutton of Tiffany's jeans last week. That was on trend as well.
Speaker 3: I'd like to put back.
Speaker 1: Because I got a new one teaspoon Do you guys know one teaspoon jean shorts? And I literally thought of you all because they fit except for that top button.
Speaker 3: You can't get it closed.
Speaker 5: I can.
Speaker 3: I just doesn't feel comfortable. You can just use a hair tie. Oh and then like stretch it. Oh yeah, I used to do that during yeah pregnancy, didn't you. Yeah? Yeah, okay, that is how you do it. I think when you're like maturn.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: What else can we talk about? I feel like so much, there's so much to talk about the party. Should we talk about the KEG party?
Speaker 2: I just kind of we need to point out again that how convenient is it that Claire has moved it. Claire, Claire from Brandon's storyline, moves into Kelly and Donna's world in their storyline, then magically meets David randomly at a giant school full of people and then wants to date him, and then he says, wait, you live in my old room. It's just so like incredibly infilarry. Like, but I guess I'm here for it because I want the I want these interrelational Ennarians.
Speaker 4: You know, until now the Claire and David dated, and I had to check myself to see if I felt jealousy, and I felt like I r l yeah, because remember I would say when girls would come on, I'd feel jaloused because my friend I felt nothing perfect because literally in that scene with all of them, it was my bestie, my ex, and my crushy and like we all moved on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that didn't hurt that your crushy looked like he looked. Can we talk about like girl code? Is that a little bit of a a sort of a.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's wrong. Kelly would never do that to Donna. Yes, and gets away with it, like you don't feel threatened, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I guess she's new, but I was like, if I was the new roommate, I'm certainly not going to just start dating the roommate's X and then having him come over host is clear, Like it was just seemed a little bit like, wait a minute, is this a jerk movie?
Speaker 3: I don't feel like Claire has many scruples. Is that the right word? Yeah, scruples.
Speaker 4: She's scrupled on a care like if that's your first love, like you still care somewhere inside. She's just fine with.
Speaker 3: It again, Casper Vandy, do you right? She says, I'm not good at being good or whatever she says. Claire does right, I'm not very good at being good. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think they're cute together, like when they were working on the computer.
Speaker 3: But I'm also like, y'all.
Speaker 4: Ares arm around her, his arm around her, platonic.
Speaker 3: Hmmm, so weird. So I guess they're going to become a couple. Is that what's happening here? I forgot?
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow, okay, kind and just like I forgot that the val goes after Dylan for the first you know, that's her first like conquest in the man Chain.
Speaker 3: We talked about the eggs. Why would he just be peeling eggs? First of all? And that's got a.
Speaker 4: Stink, imagine, but it's kind of funny, like it's.
Speaker 1: Why why would anyone pick eggs? And then port Valerie Tiffany has to twice what big old.
Speaker 4: Bite and then she took like a mini bite of the both kind of egg she could have gone for it.
Speaker 2: I am so anti eating eggs, y'all. Like, I can't eat eggs because what U eggs? No eggs, uh, because they come out of the chickens, little tushi, and I'm not interested in eating that. Okay, First of all, I did not know that they put that chicken eggs. Well, it's not the pooper, it's the neighbor, the vagina, it's the egg hole. I don't know the proper terms for chicken automics anatomy, but.
Speaker 3: Didn't you have a farm? I love chickens. You didn't.
Speaker 4: She's trying to put it nicely about where it comes at.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, and I know, yeah, it's gross.
Speaker 2: I can't handle it. And then when I saw those eggs and I knew somebody was going to eat an egg in that scene, and then she did, I lost it.
Speaker 4: But I got to say, only Luke Perry could look super sexy eating eggs and peeling them. He didn't really.
Speaker 3: It was so it was just like, this is comical but sexy.
Speaker 1: And he cracked it on the table and then was peeling it and it looked hard to peel. He was like, you know how when sometimes you don't getting a good peel and it's coming off.
Speaker 3: And right it's not, and he's got to act and deliver the speech and she's.
Speaker 2: That had to open James Whitmore Junior the director's idea, Like he read that scene and thought, oh, this is a great thing. I'm gonna have Dylan peeling eggs so they can get to the egg conversation at.
Speaker 3: That But it was so random and then he makes an egg solid crack. I'm just like, yeah, I just love that. That made me hungry I have.
Speaker 2: I felt like they were relating on the dad dead dad thing, and I liked that for a second in that character.
Speaker 3: But then she turned bad again and then I was like, oh, no, no, no, she is a bad egg and that's what she will always be. How about what I don't believe in anything?
Speaker 1: Like she's so I understand she's totally dark, but it's yeah, and then he says my dad was blown up by a bomb in a car, and then they kind of chuck feeling just peeling.
Speaker 4: I did feel like when she told the story of how her dad died, it was yeah, they're both on the hint of like not laughing, but like it was very dark, very.
Speaker 2: Dark, and I thought, oh, they work together, this is good. Vallon Dillon should maybe they should be together.
Speaker 3: It's dark comedy because there was comedy in there. Mm hmm. Can I throw another food flag out? Yeah, the guacamole looked so bad. Well, store guacamole always looks bad.
Speaker 1: At first, when he said guacamole, I was like, it's sour cream, and onion did because it looked so not green. And then they zoom in a little bit more on it and you're like, oh, yeah, that's it's literally like Safeway worse than Safeway walk like like Costco gualker.
Speaker 3: Look it. There's a lot of our listeners that like costcoqualk. So now I got some more haters. But watch closely.
Speaker 1: You take a chip like you're going to eat the chip as you walk off, and you walk off and the chip is still whole up by your mouth as you walk off screen, and you never bit the chip.
Speaker 3: I don't want to eat that thieves finger in the gualk that he licks off. Come on, boys are gross, so so gross. What about the party?
Speaker 2: Okay, at the party, since we're prepping for the party, then we go to the party, and that's where you lay eyes on Casper. I want to save Casper, but his random is great outfit Griffin Stone, Gryffin Stone, so soap opera, it is, it really is. Then you lay on it thought him, and then there's then you guys start dancing. And I don't know what it is about watching a dancing scene like that. It makes me feel so uncomfy. Uh, And it's like some sort of weird I'm liking watching National Geographic with like some sort of bird mating dance ritual that's.
Speaker 3: Going on, and I just was like, oh my god, I don't like this. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: All I could think is if that was you'd be like too close, You're too close, You're breathing on me, like it was.
Speaker 3: They were so close, I know.
Speaker 2: And then I felt like Donna was getting a little viby with him, like giving him some some you know, viby. She's give him some hints and then he takes the hints and then you'd turn.
Speaker 3: All a time and you're like breaked.
Speaker 2: Not the kind of girl for you, which is good, but I was like, hey, Donna, why are you being all sexy kitty with him? If you don't that's not what your goal is.
Speaker 4: I felt like it was she was a little bit of a tease there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, teas That's.
Speaker 4: What I'm gonna try to think back to that moment. And probably if he wasn't so hot and I did want to vibe with him, I probably would have played that scene differently. Maybe, So I think I was understandable full advantage, and so is he that we were both like, oh yeah, we get to touch each other's slow dance, be real close to each other.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that makes sense. He was a nice gentleman too. He was sort of playing along and then you freaked and he's like, I'd like to get to know you better indoors. He just doesn't tell you that your mothers are friends. He kind of you know, pulled the wool.
Speaker 1: Over, as they said, fun reveal and am I correct in saying there was no probably no music going while you're dancing.
Speaker 3: I heard when you have those scenes in a.
Speaker 1: TV show, they can't really play the music because it messes up the talking.
Speaker 3: So you're just dancing to like what's nothing? Yeah, yeah, it's so hard.
Speaker 2: It is hard, and all those extra when there's dialogue, they can't play the music because they won't be able to have your clean dialogue tracks. So what they usually do in a scene like that is they play the music like before they call action, and everybody hears it and you know, starts dancing to the beat, and then they cut it off and then they say action.
Speaker 3: Then they do the scene.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and during rehearsal, the director's like, okay, well just dance so we know like where you're going to be and how it's going to look on camera. And you feel so uncomfortable and you're like, you know, I was trying like maybe in my eyes, like, oh, I'll do it on camera.
Speaker 3: Do you feel about dorky?
Speaker 2: Yes, it's kind of like at guy, why did Kelly, Donna, and Claire all have the same hairdoo oh my now, the same eyebrows.
Speaker 3: It's as if they all came out of the same makeup and hair trailer. Who's wearing it best? Each of them individually looks great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and this is a bit shorter, but she can rock a red lip. There was a scene where she looked really great. Yeah, red lip.
Speaker 3: She's cute and she.
Speaker 4: Really started that well, at least from what I saw, like that, what was it not the mesh top, but what were those?
Speaker 3: It was? It was a polo she wore, but it was made of not mesh, but you know what I mean, almost but knit cotton, nit cruchet.
Speaker 4: Because it's it's almost see through. You wear your braw underknee.
Speaker 3: They have nowadays mesh mesh mesh.
Speaker 4: I remember her like asking for those and they brought them on and that was like her character's thing. And I remember it first, kind of saying to her like, oh my god, like making fun of her in a funny way, and she liked she had her own distinct style and she totally added that to the character, like she created that style, and then it became huge, and of course I copied. But yeah, that was like not a thing yet.
Speaker 3: Wait. I was confused by one of her lines. She says.
Speaker 2: To David, I think there are three sides to every story, and then there's the truth. And I was like, wait, I thought it was there are two sides side and then there's a two, so three being the total.
Speaker 3: Wait, what's the third side?
Speaker 5: Is?
Speaker 3: She saying, David, Donna, and Claire. I'm making I guess, so no guesses. I have no idea. There's three people in that story, so I guess triangle. But I could be wrong, I'm used to the two sided story because I'm not into triangles.
Speaker 1: Can I also bring up a line and not to be mean because I know it was a eulogy at a memorial when Steve says there wasn't a dry eye in the place.
Speaker 3: And I wanted to be like, there was only a dry eyes, like no one was crying, not one person, not one person. That's so true. When they panned around the audience a lot, they all just looked sort of stoic. We were hearing that is that is how it goes. There's there's not a dry eye in the place. Well, there's three sides to everything. Are You're still in a story? Okay, that's how side in the truth? But she says, she.
Speaker 2: Says there are three sides in every story, and then there's the truth.
Speaker 3: Oh she said.
Speaker 4: And then instead do you think she just said it wrong? And they were like, oh, it's cute leaving in no one caught it, so you caught it.
Speaker 3: Also, I was zero has discovered computers and they are that laptop, Oh, Felice's laptop. Felice's laptop type type type. Claire's at the in the like computer lab or something.
Speaker 1: And then there's the computer at the beach house, like we've definitely found computers now and tiny tiers.
Speaker 2: I mean, the world was looking to this show to see like what what was up? You know, like the world was watching Beverly Hills for the first time, they were watching teenage Lives for the first time. So the show had a huge responsibility to be progressive and have like cell phones and all, you know, all the gadgets everything, so that they looked current. I think that was probably very just totally.
Speaker 4: I have must questions started my eBay account and beanie babies in my dressing room.
Speaker 3: Can we talk about the paint the pant I liked it. Do you remember painting? Which did they know? Did that stay? I don't think what did they choose? Really? They left it like all artsy in this episode, but then does it maybe in the next episode we'll see. I don't think it's fair. Did they finish the painting shop or think so?
Speaker 1: Also, Missus Teasley gets a shout out, although I think you said miss Teasley, so I was conn used if she was Missus or Miss Teasley.
Speaker 3: Brenda gets a shout out with her ice cream. I think it was Missus because I thought she was missus missus t yeah, tea. And then did you guys see the random girl playing guitar? Just how could you miss it? What do you mean? Wait? It does Andrea take her baby to school? Everywhere? She takes that baby everywhere? It was I didn't know what to ask, but that is a lot, Like how what is that protocol? Well, she was mad about the daycare. She couldn't do it, so I guess she's just bringing her I would have liked that. Seemed like I would have liked to have seen her work that out with the school system. Yeah, that would have been interesting for her to have a storyline, not just show up with a baby and everything. Also, did you guys see they went to the Ed Vincent School of Communication? Yeah?
Speaker 5: What was that?
Speaker 3: Isn't that your dad's partner.
Speaker 4: Duke Vincent?
Speaker 3: Yes, uncle Duke. Did he work on nine O two and zero? Mm hm, Well, I mean he was was he.
Speaker 1: Your dad's partner at Spelling Productions or what was he he was on all these shows?
Speaker 3: Oh, it's his dynasty and everything. Not his partner but like uh executive, like his executive producer right below him? M hm oh.
Speaker 2: All very felt felt like this is a pretty good episode. I enjoyed the college of it all. But I can see Amy how you said maybe it was a little slow at times.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I hear's what I think.
Speaker 1: It wasn't that different for me than the episode before. They were very similar. Other than Griffin mm hmm. It was like one kind of long thing, which I'm not mad about. It just was like, I'm ready for a little bit.
Speaker 3: More so be drama me too.
Speaker 2: John's like, no, well, maybe that'll come next week. I have no idea what's going to happen, you guys, this is so exciting.
Speaker 3: Next week we have what's on deck? What's on deck? Rave on? Well not rave on? Rave On?
Speaker 4: Literally was like, who's rave on? I don't remember rave on?
Speaker 3: Rave on?
Speaker 2: Season five, episode five. That's y'all's homework for next week.
Speaker 3: Just wait, rate it, rate it, give me your ratings. Oh, what did you give last week? You gave a four and then you changed it to a six.
Speaker 4: Rightly, gave it three and then I felt bad, super embarrassing. I did. I felt embarrassed and changed it to a six.
Speaker 3: Yes, right, okay, So what do you give this week? Okay? Wait? Can I ask you guys?
Speaker 4: A friend question, of course, did I really love this episode because I had a big more fun parts, or did I really liked this episode I can't tell in it right or are.
Speaker 1: You coming back to fond memories and like you're crush and like the whole thing that you're like blurring?
Speaker 3: Felt like I was really like loose on camera.
Speaker 4: Nope, not loose. Well, Donna is a little too loose on camera, but I felt frear to be me. I felt like I was more tory in this episode than Donna. And they did a drinking competition every time I put my hand on my hips. Did you notice that it was way too much?
Speaker 3: I noticed the clippies. I noticed the clippies.
Speaker 4: Okay, wait at the I'm embarrassed, big party.
Speaker 3: Two little clipp eight. Oh, I give it an you meat eight clippies. I was like, no, you just had two. I give it an eight too. I'll give it a point five.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, it's a good one. It's a little bit stronger than last week. Let's it's hope the next one goes to the same direction.
Speaker 4: I don't want to see Valerie and Steve go on a date or anything like. That's not going to happen.
Speaker 3: Can you assure me? Can you shure us? Amy sles Sorr, I fell asleep If that happens, that really hurts when you hit your four out of the microphone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks, I don't think now again, ste He's gonna get played and he's gonna hate Dylan even more.
Speaker 3: Your same storyline over over.
Speaker 4: They're just not meant to be friends.
Speaker 3: Oh, shout out to nat though we need to get mad a shadow. Don't talk about that. Yeah, he really, he really did the right thing with Brandon, Yes he did. He did such a nice job of giving him advice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and some fries and he'll stay fansome in that scene.
Speaker 3: We really did. Yeah, that was a sweet scene and he was Yeah, that was great. Had some good girls and bad girls, some fun girls all around it. Some egg peeling. I can't wait to see if Dylan's chopp And.
Speaker 4: They smell like that's why you don't like them. Also because they smell.
Speaker 3: They do smell. They do smell. They smell because creek wait, do I know why? No, because it doesn't come out of the come out of the hooter. No, not hooter, cooter, no cooter know. Yeah, but I never knew that. I never knew the it's just gross.
Speaker 2: Have you ever Okay, well, if you've ever had chickens and you've seen them lay eggs and then you look at the egg, you wouldn't eat the egg. People just saying they get washed before they go to the grocery store.
Speaker 4: Well, based on the sound they make while they're having ling.
Speaker 3: Okay, no, it's they make us sound when they're laying the eggs. It hurts, no, legs, legs and eggs being laid. Yeah, it doesn't. It's not a it's not a fun thing to do. Apparently. Oh my god. Oh okay, guys, I gotta go. We gotta go, We gotta