Speaker 1: Hmmm, Hey, what up, twin?
Speaker 2: I see you get still late to night?
Speaker 1: What up, twin?
Speaker 2: I see hold on?
Speaker 3: I forgot his name? What's his name again? Titus?
Speaker 4: Hm?
Speaker 3: Hm, Titus? Hey Chat, if you were if you would have grade some of the chat, if you were to grade the draft so far from AD to A to F, what was you graded? I mean, I mean for me, I mean every everything is being a plus. Everything has been a plus for me. I think it's somewhat of a I hate to use the word week, I hate to use the word weak draft. But it's nothing comparable to some of the other drafts, some of the iconic drafts that that we that we've had before, but it's been it's been okay. If based on what we had available, I give it maybe a B plus so far. Somebody said to C, yeah.
Speaker 2: C is good.
Speaker 3: Damn a D somebody a A BS that I give I give it a B. I give it a be that that draft, that draft would I think it was the Miles Garret year is iconic. Uh, the draft with ye oh Chat, the charges are taking a Keen Mesador a Keen Mesador University, University of Miami, Hurricane Defense end. So that's dope. That's both of the Miami defense ends obviously going won the San Diego won the Tampa bay A keen Mesador to the San Diego Chargers. I mean, excuse me, l A Chargers. I'm talking about San Diego Chargers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the Canadian kid right from from Yeah yeah, yeah. So that's three first rounders.
Speaker 2: For that dope. That's dope two D two.
Speaker 5: On defense and the offensive tackle still got a chance. Scott sneaking first round. A little later, Cowboys on the clock. O yo, all right, cowboys, what youking on your what's you think?
Speaker 2: You know what? Help get that corner back out of Tennessee? You know what?
Speaker 3: They do need the corner to go with Bland.
Speaker 5: Huh hell yeah, because Bland blaand hes been.
Speaker 2: He's been living up to his name. He chicken with no season.
Speaker 3: Hey, come on, that's a chat. I say they either they go DV or maybe they maybe maybe they I don't know. I receiver, No, you.
Speaker 2: Think they need.
Speaker 5: I'm saying d I'm saying I'm saying the guy Caleb Downs go DV or go middle BACKERD? Is there Biddle backer with that? They got a great got a grade. That's worthy of that, Jamal McCoy or, oh huh, you can't have enough pass rushes on yo. That was their problem consistently getting to the quarterback. Normally they had to bring extra pressure. Extra pressure means you got to sacrifice. When your back end is not up the par you're vulnerable.
Speaker 3: And they got sacrificed too.
Speaker 2: They did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just need off defense, cold hood.
Speaker 5: And then the Browns is gonna be on the clock. I'm going to get a wide receiver here. They might go in another offensive lineman.
Speaker 3: Sure that thing up for da.
Speaker 5: No, I'm talking about the Browns on the clock. Next Cowboys are counting down. They're under two and a half on the clock. Somebody said to take the Rodriguez kids out of Texas Tech. They definitely need to buy metal backer. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he has that kind of grade on it to pick us in. Oh yeah, McCoy, tennessee any word, we'll.
Speaker 3: We looking like we're we looking like.
Speaker 2: Cheers on the phone. What about this?
Speaker 5: What about the Allen kid, the linebacker Georgia. They need a middle backer man.
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Logan Logan is gone. I mean they brought him in from Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: He I don't know why.
Speaker 5: I don't know why he he wanted out of Cincinnati and went to that.
Speaker 2: I'm like, bro, you not like that. That's what, That's what.
Speaker 5: It's always pleasant to be with you when a guy is he's a guy and congratulations.
Speaker 2: But I'm saying you like, oh, I want to go so huh.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to. I'm trying to think.
Speaker 2: In the draft.
Speaker 3: All all the all the really really impact players are going even on even on defense for that.
Speaker 2: Place, I do the and back and easy and what I don't like them? Donal donald too big?
Speaker 3: What you often eat? Yep, man, I'm going to.
Speaker 5: Not on camera though, but matter of fact, you know what, since since we are also earlier tonight, I'm I'm gonna treat myself to Tussies.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna cheat. I'm gonna treat myself to Tustis. I'm gonna go to TOUTSI to night with the missus. Hey maybe maybe I know you can see this, Oh you can hear me. We're gonna go to TuS as soon as the draft in. Yeah, yeah, here, I'm gonna go to tuts. You're wearing that, m see, I'm going like this Wow, we have.
Speaker 2: But he's an edge, isn't it. Yeah? It uh Malachi Lawrence defensive end us UCF.
Speaker 3: Right down the street. Okay, I like it.
Speaker 2: Six fifty three.
Speaker 5: God, you can never have enough pass rushers. I'm not surprised that it go on defense. That's where they need to go. I think they're pretty good offense, and maybe you gotta get a swing tackle or something, but you can pick that up rounds three through five, three through six, you're good, but focus on defense. You gotta show that up because your defense is not up to park. When you go against these the Lions and the Rams and these high powered offenses, you don't stand a chance. You don't stand a chance. I'm not mad about the Cowboys about about this pick. I like this pick. I think the Cowboys have done it. I love the Caleb Downs pick. I love Mark Man. That's a that's an no brainer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Brown's on the clock. Needs.
Speaker 5: They need a quarterback, they need a wide receiver, they need ot o guard quarterback.
Speaker 3: They need everything of offense. The defense is phenomenal.
Speaker 2: Two of the three, uh three of the five.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well actually they got a four of the five positions.
Speaker 2: The need is on the office side four to five.
Speaker 3: Fasey con sets.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it would be uh pretty good. I don't know, like Dallas, like what they've done. What's the situation like that? Oh Joe, they're going for it. They're not They're not moving. They're not moving pick No, not with the not with the moves they're making. You make a move like this, and oh Joe, you say, I'm going for we believe, we believe we have the offense with Dak. Uh they might do something with Dak. I mean they did. They adjusted it there and gave DAK money in signing Bonus. Probably did the same thing with CD. A couple of other guys. Uh, what's the other guy? The smith Smithy offensive lineman. But yeah, they're going for it. They're not Gonn, They're not gonna move pick picks. Basically gonna have to play k C conception on going to the Cleveland I like it.
Speaker 3: I like it. I like it.
Speaker 2: To you.
Speaker 5: They need to receive ao, I need Hey, Okay, we gotta gotta protect the quarterback. Now, we gotta give him somebody to throw the damn ball to. God, gotta be consistent on I like, hold on, what's the guy?
Speaker 2: Uh? Isaiah Bond and he that's Isaiah Bond. I mean he played.
Speaker 5: I just need I need you to be more consistent. He's just not consistent on your not at all. And you know the number one thing. It's any position in the NFL's.
Speaker 3: In the NFL, any goddamn sport. You gotta be consistent. The better you are, especially when it comes to get that money, when it comes to getting that bag and having that goddamn bring truck back up. It's all about being consistent at at a high level. That that's all that comes down to. At the receiver position, they need some consistency that God damn Harrell fan and on man again, I'm gonna continue to sing that young Bull praise because every time if there was anything that was exciting to watch with the Browns, it was when schadul was playing and they got damn Harry Fanning Jr. Was on that goddamn field. He was phenomenal.
Speaker 2: I like it. I like it now, Uh having joke you sign anywhere?
Speaker 3: Nope, No, I don't think So.
Speaker 5: We had a pick twenty oh so okay, the Browns picked concepts.
Speaker 2: You who's up next? The Bears? Bears? Bears then need safety I can't believe.
Speaker 5: I can't what's going on? How they let Kevin Bayard go? He's a long pro, he made the Pro Bowl.
Speaker 3: And older un You know how they know how they treat you. You know how they treat you, made all pros, Pro Bowls, but especially at that position and what you require when it comes to your your price point. You know they you know they want to go young, they want to go young.
Speaker 5: All I know is he a ball hawk every time, no matter where he is, the ball find him. Did he get pickedybody? Anybody? Didn't somebody sign him? Was it Eagles? Did he go to the Eagles? Where's Kevin bay are? Or you going to the Patriots? Reunited with his former coach?
Speaker 3: See how that makes sense?
Speaker 5: Makes sense? That's why I say you never know. You know, you always just play hard practice because you don't know. Because a lot of time go a sistan becomes your coaches, or a sister become a decoordinator where he might be a position coach here, he might be an offense OC or DC somewhere else, or.
Speaker 2: Maybe even the head coach. Man. You know the o your man.
Speaker 5: I love the OTR work hard had to had got the locker room. Right, boom got a and sometimes hey you get an extra year. You still an extra year where you could have been out of the league. Now you're in the league. You make three four million dollars.
Speaker 2: And hey, yep, that's what.
Speaker 5: I wish guys thought about instead of you know, raising hell all the time and bucket still a.
Speaker 2: Year or a year or two hell yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: The last time the Cowboys an Eagle made first round trade park trade swamps was in twenty twenty one, when the team swap picks. Philly landed Devonte Smith, Dallas took Michael Parsons. They did it again this year. Philly gets a wide receiver Makayle Lemon, Dallas lamb pass rusher Malachi Lawrence.
Speaker 2: I mean, they had some pretty.
Speaker 5: Good successful The last defensive lineman named Lawrence just happened to go win the Super Bowl in Seattle, DeMarcus Laws the law. So maybe maybe lightning can strike a strike again for these teams. This segment is brought to you by Tommy John's Comfort is a new power move, O Jo, what would you say has been the biggest power move of the draft so far?
Speaker 3: Power move, I mean, the biggest power move in the draft so far would probably be And I hate giving his team credit, but I probably say Caleb Downs, Caleb Downs and the Cowboys. Caleb Downs in the Cowboys to me, the most impactful move mh that's hard.
Speaker 2: I like Bailey. I like Bailey of the Jets.
Speaker 5: Edge Russia Club got it, you can go pay.
Speaker 3: I like, uh, it's it's one thing to do with it, you know. Uh, that's tough. Can you come in there and make a difference right away. It's a different ball game playing against some goddamn tackles and goddamn college and get going against they got families to feed. That's a different ball game. But it'should translate based on what we've seen on film from him. I like, I like the Cale Downs pick huge.
Speaker 2: So we got several more picks.
Speaker 5: The Bears are on the clock safety, d tackle edge, maybe wide receiver, Oh Joe, Remember didn't they trade more DJ Moore the that's right, but they can Uh they got golden, they got wrong, got a nice running game. I mean, you can never have enough difference. You can never have got enough guys to get after the quarterback.
Speaker 2: Are they going to? Are they?
Speaker 5: They got two receivers they got commet, they got loveling wrong, golden.
Speaker 3: Offense, A lineman, Dylan Dylan safety Dylan Than Yeah, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: I like it. I like it.
Speaker 5: Remember we talked about they lost Kevin Bayard. Got everybody in place. You know, Jalen Johnson should be back. He should be fully recovered from that that course that court surgery. Uh didn't they move didn't they move Edmonds number? Didn't they move him?
Speaker 3: They came from Yes, I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: Houston just traded up, oh Yo.
Speaker 3: In Texas. This is somebody that means if they're trading up, that's something they need.
Speaker 5: They got wide receiver as a need position. And edge you remember they had they were talking about moving on from what's the one they got from from from Minnesota?
Speaker 2: The edge outside guy H. Greenway? Is that is that the edge outside of the opposite of Anderson Hunter? Daniel Hunter Hunter?
Speaker 3: They just they just paid him though on.
Speaker 5: Hey, linebacker O. G. Esmonds and might need to protect C. Jail a little more. They got corner on here. They good at corner. They're good at defense.
Speaker 2: The Texans.
Speaker 3: The Texans traded up. They don't need no corners. Hell, they don't even no, goddamn.
Speaker 2: They traded up with Buffalo. O yoe.
Speaker 5: The Texans traded up with Buffalo. They're on the clock and now at twenty six instead of Buffalo. A what you're thinking offense?
Speaker 3: It got it got to be.
Speaker 5: Another receiver because you remember, what's the guy we had on. We had a receiver on last year from the Texans that that was playing well. That a couple of guys that stepped up and played well. Obviously, the most consistent guy is uh coming back the other year, coming back up. I mean he wrecked me, but I seen it. I mean he's posted some stuff where he's out there running O yo. So we'll see what what what what gonna do with that?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 2: How will he bounce back from that? Uh? Yeah? Ja Higgins and.
Speaker 3: Noel he went crazy boy high crazy.
Speaker 2: Edge. But I can't see an edge.
Speaker 5: They don't need, they don't need nobody defense Yeah too low ah.
Speaker 2: Offensive line is Luther Burton, O Joe, not Golden. Luther Burton. Golden is in Green Bay.
Speaker 5: Luther Burtonoe, Luther Burton and Luther the real deal boy. When they gave him opportunity to deal same thing with Golden. All they won't golden do Yeah, And.
Speaker 2: Then they wondered why guys pay the cars? Got it? Man, that man can run something other than them go round he.
Speaker 3: Go route and it God damn over, that's it. That's all. They ran him on shallow shallow cross, shallow cross, and the go route.
Speaker 5: Okay, chat, what y'all think the Texans need? What did the Texans need?
Speaker 2: Chat?
Speaker 5: Old line linebacker? I thought the linebackers played well. I thought as Z was unbelievable. He's physical.
Speaker 3: Hey, god damn mhm. See this shride was running for his life. He get man, sure that thing up? Please three step drop you getting here it fast step drop in the shotgun. You're getting pressured, like, come on, man.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be bill y'all landing on the clock. Get y'all ass y'all traded That pic tore the Texas. Both seem like old line and uh old line old line running back linebacker many they're talking about quarterback man CJ going no where. They're about to get CJ, about to break c J on it. They taking a guard from Georgia Tech keeling rugge.
Speaker 3: Let me let me use the restaurant real quick.
Speaker 2: Tell you yeah, I like this. I like offs. I like offensive line.
Speaker 5: I don't think they needed uh, they don't need a whole lot, especially defensively.
Speaker 2: I think they're loaded defensively.
Speaker 5: All those guys Petrie, Thump, uh Stingley, those guys across the board in the back, and then you got Hunter, you got Anderson, and you got a plethora of defensive tackles that they can rotate. I like Alz. I like to a low uh, protect CJ. CJ do a better job of protecting the football. And I think that will because that'll that'll come as they as they do a better job of protecting him. I think he does a better job of protecting the football. But you cannot have the turnovers that you had against Pittsburgh, the turnovers that you had against the Patriots.
Speaker 2: You can't do that, damn.
Speaker 5: So the Niners said, look a couple of we give us, give us, give us a couple of U So the Niners. So what did the Niners slide back to? Who did they trade with? The Dolphins? Okay, man, somebody Dolphins really like? Okay that the Broncos pick.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 5: I like I like the forty nine ers. Forty nine like, we don't really love anybody that up. If we can drop back a couple three spots and then pick up some extra draft capital down the road. Okay, because the thing is, I just we just saw kid uh George Kidle right here, and he look good.
Speaker 2: He walking.
Speaker 3: Walking, but he's not running yet. He's not doing any activity.
Speaker 5: No, but oh Joe, he just had he just had a KI the surgery in December January? Is he already walking? Doctor Ella trot did his surgery, so we know?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 5: He also? Did I think he did? I think he did Jayson Tatum? Didn't he do Jayson Tatum surgery?
Speaker 2: Or did he was to the team? Doctor? Yeah? Ella Troes did Tatum?
Speaker 5: Look he he's out there in that curling Joe Clinict uh.
Speaker 2: H job.
Speaker 5: He perfected the Tommy John surgery named after Tommy John when everybody thought his career was over.
Speaker 2: He did that. But there's good, there's good.
Speaker 5: They're they're excellent, and I'm not saying anybody isn't. But if I got to have major surgery, that's where I'm going. Both of my healths were done out there. If I getting anything else done. As much as I hate the Traveler's probably gonna be. It's gonna probably be out there. Yeah, get asked to drive me back in a new truck.
Speaker 3: As got a new truck.
Speaker 2: Yet Tahoe.
Speaker 3: Can't have money?
Speaker 2: Why did yeah? Talk about a high country you'll see there. You in the city. Now, you know what?
Speaker 5: You know what? You know what?
Speaker 3: I won't what super duty for the f O fifty?
Speaker 2: Lord, have mercy. That thing's gonna be partnering the driveway. You can't park it in no garage?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, driveway big enough.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know why. I just wanted with you know, with the with the big back, the.
Speaker 2: Double tight Yeah, yeah, big super I like.
Speaker 3: Duties for some reason. I always wanted one, just never got it.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm you had well, you know they got the four to fifty and the six fifty.
Speaker 3: They got a six fifty. Yeah that's too big.
Speaker 5: Huge google it. Hold yeah, wait, I think like that, George shaking head. George said, yeah, I want what do you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think I think Tim got a six fifty.
Speaker 3: Oh that's six fifty. That's way too big, huh. I want I want the full fifty with the thirty in with the thirty inch rims on it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know, I know what you're talking about. No, my pickup days. I think my pickup day is over. Yeah, I think that's uh yeah no, but uh the Bills on the clock? Is that bills on the clock? No, who's on the clock at twenty oh? Who's on the Oh? The Dolphins on the clock at twenty seven? The Dolphins on the clock. The pig is in. Who the Dolphins get?
Speaker 3: Damn? They got to it came in that fast.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they take a receiver, or they got a d d bris Johnson cornerback?
Speaker 2: Where's he from? Wow?
Speaker 3: Where's he from?
Speaker 2: Cornerback? Chris Johnson, San Diego State?
Speaker 3: Or they must have seen something on film.
Speaker 2: I so got a six fifty.
Speaker 3: Am so tall as here? He probably need that? Man, I got.
Speaker 2: What this?
Speaker 3: Man, I'm hungry.
Speaker 2: Damn that's that thing? Nice?
Speaker 5: Oh Joe, but man, that thing just I besides, you see the camera, I see that they got that that platinum?
Speaker 3: Yes, love, I got I got one?
Speaker 2: Man, how much the thing is here for? Shoot?
Speaker 3: I think maybe shoot, I don't know.
Speaker 2: They got the four to fifty King Ranch.
Speaker 3: I got I got one. Say that my instagram My instagrams. That looks so it looks so nice. I was like, man, I got to have this.
Speaker 2: I mean, man, let me get up this thing, man, because this page two how much arny?
Speaker 3: Shoot, I don't know. I don't think it's that much though.
Speaker 5: Holdo, I see, oh one hundred and nine. That's the starting, that's the basic.
Speaker 2: I ain't there.
Speaker 3: I'm not doing nothing crazy, man. I just you know, I just I just want to put it one nine. I just want to put I just want.
Speaker 2: To put what color you gonna get black?
Speaker 3: Probably no, gun metal gray, gun metal gray, you know, with the with the with the gloss grill, you know, with the nice little thirty years rims. And that's it. That's it. Nothing else, nothing else, because when I when I want to get rid of it, I wanted to be nice and nice and intact. You're gonna have low miles and anybody at FOD is that that that happened to see this? Y'all want to help me, you know, I want to I want to get a super duty you know, three fifty maybe four fifty whatever you see fit, you know for a young fella. Y'all, y'all, y'all get in contact with me.
Speaker 5: Man, BMW, you gotta do they came out in new seven seers. You said new seven seeds.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately I do.
Speaker 5: I mean I've had I've had I've had a BMW basically since they came back out with the seven sixty back in oh two.
Speaker 2: I've had one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't. I don't like BMW.
Speaker 5: BMW cool, Yeah, but I like it. I like BMW. So who we got? So have we?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Is a Dolphins? Dolphins picker in so who's up at twenty eight? Oh? The Bills? The Bills builds up, builds up twenty eight? Right? Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 5: The Niners are the thirty yeah. Uh selection. Miami selected Chris Johnson, a six hundred and ninety three pound corner state. We can see that. Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo wide receiver. They got DJ Moore, they got your core, they got Kean Coleman, who's gonna come down there with with Olive boy.
Speaker 3: I got a few boys Exavi your leg to be here. I mean, I haven't been posting it, but I got bout by twenty twenty of the Fellas Man coming out. Man, it's gonna be dope. I can't wait.
Speaker 2: Buffalo, Buffalo, Buffalo, What you think they did? Don't yo?
Speaker 5: I just gave you three receive if they traded for DJ Moore, they got your core, they got Kean Coleman.
Speaker 2: Are they going another wide receiver?
Speaker 3: Do they take a defense? Yeah, yeah, I gotta go go defense that. There's really nothing wrong with them offensively. Obviously you can always feel feel some holes you. They can never have too much of any position but defense. The people ran the ball on you like crazy last year. They did what they wanted to to you last year. So if there's anything you need to do, I think Ed Oliver when Ed Oliver went out at some point with injury. I can't remember exactly.
Speaker 5: Bill's traded out of the twenty eight. They just keep trading traded out of it. They traded to the Patriots. Yeah, I mean Patriots on the clock, boy, Patriots. Patriot's been on the clock for like the last the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: They probably said bad, I sure be glad with this damn draft over.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we just needed Can we just get just make it to July. Ain't nothing really going on in July. We don't have to report. Hey, let us get to like the June. After that that last minute cap like the first second week of June and then we get six weeks of downtime.
Speaker 3: Everything.
Speaker 5: Hush up, Patriots on the clock. What do you think the Patriots take it over? Oh, the selections made. They took a d Laeman old tackle. It took the old tackle.
Speaker 3: Off the tackle. Yeah, protect your quarterback, Caleb Lamoux, Protect your quarterback. Uh huh, protect your quarterback.
Speaker 5: Yeah, boy, y'all ain't gonna let this go out there. Y'all y'all be cracking, Joe, What are you're talking about? What in the chat talk about? We talk about we know, we know, we know who had this pic.
Speaker 2: Uh. The Chiefs on the clock.
Speaker 5: Said, need the wide receiver edge a DT tight end corner back. Well they're taking one cornerback right, okay, wide receiver.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: They they resigned Taekwon.
Speaker 6: Thornton I like yeah, uh uh, they got worthy, they got Rashid Rice potentially tight end because you know, Kelsey's not gonna.
Speaker 5: Play forever, and uh, eventually he's gonna want to do other things, probably movies or getting the TV, getting married.
Speaker 2: She's gonna want to this.
Speaker 3: Opportunities and for sure optunities.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 5: See o, Joe, you should have had like opportunity like this when you and I retire. Yeah, when I was healthy, I could run around and do all kinds of things.
Speaker 2: I could have been a I could have been an action here, like action Jack. Yep, you could have been like O. J.
Speaker 3: Simpson. Do movies after you're done, Hell, do movies while you're still playing TV. Mm hmm. That's when Jesus babab uh.
Speaker 5: Peter Woods, a defensive tackle from the Clemson is going to Kansas.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna pay him up with goddamn Chris Jones.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because they let a lot of those dts go. They let non Dego, a lot of guys that they had brought back.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 5: So there's like, you know what, let's just let's just start fresh. Let's just start fresh. So now who's on the clock at thirty San Francisco.
Speaker 2: The Niners.
Speaker 3: Forty nine has got to go defense.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they just need to keep they just need to keep their healthy. The guys can say healthy. Bossa has missed two of what last four years. Warner is out, Kiddle hurt. Yeah, time, you just got to keep your key guys healthy. I don't know what they're doing, Brandon, are you. I don't know what the hell they're waiting on.
Speaker 3: I don't understand it. That's the situation I've never even seen before, Tookie.
Speaker 5: It reported that the Steelers water to take Lemon at twenty one, but the Eagles traded up to twenty and Snatchedy. That's why the Cowboys moved up to eleven. They don't want to run the risks. Even if the Dolphins, backing somebody else, moved up. They're like, damn, he thought the it's like, you know what for two fifth rounders, we're thinking about your hands.
Speaker 2: I like it. I like that a lot. Mmmm mmmmm is he already damn.
Speaker 5: Yeh uh? Chief picks and we already know what the chief took. They took Peter Wood, defensive tackle. So now we got thirty thirty one, thirty two left. So New England was gonna pick thirty one. They traded up. They traded up with Buffalo. Who did they trade up with? The uh, the Chiefs and not the Chiefs the Patriots. Remember they were gonna pick thirty one. They traded up buff Buffalo is thirty one in Seattle's thirty two.
Speaker 2: I like it? You like it the.
Speaker 5: Selection so far with your you like what everybody's doing, seemed like everybody got got in need. Hey, no, I don't think anybody drafted on you know what best available.
Speaker 2: I think people got.
Speaker 3: Listen, this is this is not a very very strong draft. I said this earlier when you when you when you walked away real quick being at is an impactful draft. Maybe the first three, maybe five picks or players that are gonna come in right make it an immediate impact. There might be some gems that that flourish or or or come along later on down the line, but there's really been nothing that's sick that just pops out at you, like you know what, This makes this an exceptional pick, and exceptional exceptional first first round if I'm trying to I'm trying to say it without being disrespectful to the guys that are going early, but based on what I've seen when it comes to you know, Mendoza, I get Caleb Bowns, I get styles, I get you know, we saw bang, we saw messages. We saw these guys and the success they had in college. But when you get to that next level, it's still a different ball game and you have to prove yourself that you can do it at that next level. Nothing has just popped out on tape where it's like, you know when you saw Sean Tata play. You know when you saw very play in college, we saw the Ray Lewis. When you saw them dudes play, understood that at the next level they gonna dominate. I ain't quite seen that yet. Chat you you can correct me if you if you think I'm wrong. Let's be honest.
Speaker 2: No, you watch Adrian Peterson NFL man.
Speaker 3: It was a man amongst boys in college.
Speaker 2: Hold on, the Jets are on the clock. Did the Jets trade it back?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: The forty nine ers.
Speaker 5: Okay, Jets traded back into the first round. Oh Joe, they're chacking Omark Cooper the wide receiver Indiana.
Speaker 3: Hey, Hey, cool, okay, parent, Coop up there, Okay, I like that.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 3: I like that Coop. Get out there, laing that thing?
Speaker 2: Cool?
Speaker 3: Get that boy.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna line. Hey, I feel like I can get out there right now. Boy, give fifteen hundred, boy, I give you fifteen hundred a t DS right now. I'm telling you all I need is opportunity.
Speaker 2: Oh Madden.
Speaker 5: Look, they took David Bailey, they took you, dep they took Cooper. They get an edge deply pressure they got they got two offensive weapons for Gino.
Speaker 3: Hey, Aaron, Aaron Glynn. They make us some moves. Hey, way one way to turn your franchise around. You gotta start somewhere. You got the bill somewhere. You gotta start somewhere.
Speaker 2: The quarterback gotta play well. All this is in consequence.
Speaker 5: If your quarterback don't play well, that's the one position it's virtually impossible for you to overcome bad quarterback play.
Speaker 3: Right, you're right, and you you got you got your weapons coming in now. So it ain't no excuses. Yeah, let's go, Gino. I'm are your food there. Let me see what that thing look like. Let me see what looked like.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: I ain't get no one to have a spy about.
Speaker 5: Time to go to bad how I mean a whole slap of ribs and go to bad man.
Speaker 3: I'm man, I'm finna go eat good man. You you tripping, I'm gonna. I'm going to get me some seafood, rice, lops of tail, chocolate cake.
Speaker 2: Man, probably ate tail before you left.
Speaker 5: Huh, George said, you probably eight tail before you left.
Speaker 3: No, nah, nah, come on, I ain't. I ain't really like that I just be talking.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I can't eat no more of that. Gotta wait till I get a lack head. You gotta get a lack tailed in before I do anything else. Buffalo on the clock. All right, Buffalo, what you doing?
Speaker 2: Defense? God?
Speaker 5: Hell no, it's lying manss okra h h.
Speaker 2: Uh what we got? Oh yo, what we got?
Speaker 3: Defense? Absolutely anything else from Buffalo with this pick would be on the civilized.
Speaker 5: Uh chat, what ch'all think Buffalo's gonna take here? We got two picks left. Buffalo's on the clock, under four minutes left and then Seattle. Yeah, I need to eat, y'all. I lie, I ain't ate anything since three o'clock. Oh yeah, defense edge huh No, they put the sauce on the side. They don't want you to make a man. They don't want you to spilling stuff in the bag in your car door. Dash uber eats. It's Buffalo, Buffalo. Y'all know who y'all want to pick? Y'all don't have to take all the time. Hey, Like, hey, everybody, wait till the fifteen. Man, you got the money, you know you gotta pay taxi city. That thing is the hell you wait? Like, Hey, you know what maybe they changed his mind. Maybe I don't owe what they said.
Speaker 3: Oh you do every time. Ain't nothing changing.
Speaker 5: All you're gonna do is is wait longer than just get mad during that chick. You have to go out well, direct deposit now, okay, all right, now it's time to play a faith presented by prize picks. All right, Oh yo, Jalen Brown one, he will make more than one point five to three points three point shots, So he'll make at least two threes.
Speaker 3: They shoot two thousand and threes a game.
Speaker 2: True VJ. Edgecombe.
Speaker 5: He'll have at least fifteen and a half points more or less than fifteen.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't know you got that one.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna say. Yeah, he's been playing well. He had thirty. He was the first guy. He's the youngest guy to have a thirty ten game. He was younger than Magic Johnson when Magic had his historic He had a forty two to fifteen and seven when he jumped center in a excuse me in Game six against the seventy six is in nineteen eighty. He's the youngest lebron James will have at least forty Where you combine his points, rebounds, and assists.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, you don't have a choice, all right, carried the lowe young King.
Speaker 5: Luke Canard will have at least fourteen and a half points. He had twenty seven, So right now he's averaging twenty five points a game, and he has to play well and he will, so I'm going more so. Jalen Brown will have more than one and a half threes in the game. Vj Edshkimbe will have more than fifteen and a half points in the game. Lebron James will have more than forty where you combine his points, rebounds and assists, and Luke Canard will have more than fourteen and a half points. Twenty five dollars to win one hundred and twenty five dollars. Download the after today use coach Shannon to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollars. Lineup, All right, who did that? Select hold on Tennessee Titans on the clock. They slid back in the first Oh, they tell Kendrick Faulk defensive end from Auburn, I like it may get a wide receiver and to get some help for signed the Simmons over there, Oh, Jeffrey y'all really couldn't use Now if Daddy gave up the tenth pick for Simmons, I say, oh yo, y'all doing something.
Speaker 2: Boy, y'all did something with.
Speaker 3: That with yas.
Speaker 2: I'd have been worried.
Speaker 3: But I like this and I appreciate the sexy DEXI boy, you hear me. I know, I know, Jared Jeffery, you figure up your too, But sexy dex ain't too far behind.
Speaker 5: Whatever he said. Makay Makay Lemon. He was on the phone with the Steelers when the Eagles traded up with the cookie Snap. He's like, hey, he probably holds Hey, mister Cohn, hold on, I got another call coming in. Hey, so we just we just traded up. We're taking you in twenty first pick, mister Kahn, I gotta go. I ain't coming to Pimpirs.
Speaker 1: You lose.
Speaker 5: Huh, yes, yes, all right, Seattle, look here, you take the best available.
Speaker 3: That's all you can do.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: You had a great system with a two backing system when you had K nine and sharping. He's not there anymore. Am I really gonna take a running back with a thirty second pick?
Speaker 2: On show? I probably could get a running back in the second.
Speaker 5: Or third round, that'll be just as good as somebody if I take in the first round.
Speaker 2: Now, edge light, rotational, corner. I did lose Wollen.
Speaker 5: So if I went and got this Tennessee running a cornerback, or if I got Scott, if I got one of these guys, Okay, that's a good value picked there, thirty second pick.
Speaker 2: Maybe take an off offensive lineman.
Speaker 3: They wasn't that bad on No, definitely wasn't.
Speaker 1: If I'm gone a dream.
Speaker 5: But if you if you take an edge, basically you're saying, you know what, we just wide receivers. They got Shahi, they got JSN. What's the other guy? They had another guy too that played really well for.
Speaker 3: They got cut.
Speaker 5: They taking price at running back from Notre Dame. Oh remember they liked the two back system. They had K nine and they had sharpnough K nine with the Kansas City.
Speaker 2: We like this. We don't want to put this kind of workload over running back.
Speaker 5: All right, Uh, it's time for cure that we're gonna do the Okay, all right, it's time for our final segment. Even if it's time for Q and a.
Speaker 7: Q and a junior underscore.
Speaker 5: Cool cat men, those are making the Latin community proud while my cowboy keeps fumbling the Pro Bowl players like always. Oh Joe, I think eighty five was available on our squad.
Speaker 3: Now the end them days is over. I'm excited. I'm excited for one Caleb Downs to see what he does over there in Dallas. Mendoza, I'm hoping the Cowboys do right by young bull, allowing him to sit for a you and develop. Please do not throw the quarterback out there like they do all rookies. Allow him to develop, learn and watch underneath the watch of Kirk Cousins. I think he will be all right. They have so many other missing pieces that they need to continue to build before they put him out there.
Speaker 5: It was reported that the NFL asked Peyton Manning to reach out to Mendoza and see if he would come to the draft. But given his mom's situation, Oh Joe, come on, y'all gotta understand that NFL. I would understand if his mom was in perfect help. But y'all come on, now, come on, NFL do don't be selfish. I understand, but this is about him and his family. Let's try to make this thing as he possibly can.
Speaker 2: On his mom. He want her to be there. Do you understand? I mean, I get it.
Speaker 5: It had been nice diet the first round pick and he walks out on the stage. But give it his mom her health. Nah, noah, Mom, Hey, you done came to games and you went to all the Bowl games.
Speaker 2: Nah. Nah, Mama, this year you good? You're good? What are you doing? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Look look at it. I lured it, he said. Yeah, he said, I will get me something to eat. Kevin non delusional cowboy fan. Oh, I ain't got no man advice for my boy.
Speaker 2: Oh, jo man.
Speaker 5: I put that pepper and salt in the bed, and I use some limon pepper, add a little razzle dazzle.
Speaker 2: I woke up with pink.
Speaker 3: Eye, added lemon pepper, lemon pepper. Bring your eyes main tripping.
Speaker 2: Huh. Courch Rogers said, night kids. Uh? What to do?
Speaker 5: Question for O Joe? Put your GM cap on. We need a number one T Higgins, Drake London or Pickins. Who you taking?
Speaker 3: Whoo ooh, that's a good one, honey prayer Probably pick.
Speaker 5: He took you, that's you, but I'm taking pick Philip Arthur Moore praying for my Texans. Question, how long does the draft high feeling. Last, When did you go from being excited to getting into work mode and getting into the gym mode immediately?
Speaker 2: When did the excitement go down? God, bless you, brother bro.
Speaker 5: When I came out the draft was on Sunday, The draft was Sunday Monday.
Speaker 2: It was twelve rounds. Then ojo and so.
Speaker 5: The draft feeling because they flew me out and then we had practice. I think we had practice. People might have had practice. It doesn't because then because I was still in school. So I went back to school and everybody was congratulate me on being drafted, you know, even though I didn't.
Speaker 2: Go as high as I wanted to go, but I was drafted.
Speaker 5: I'm from Savannah State being drafted, so that was a big accomplishment in and of itself. You know, Hey, I was still in the weight room. Ain't nothing changed, But I understood it's not. And my sister thought, once you you get drafted, you automatically on the team.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 5: Hell, as a coach once told me, he said, we cut players year round.
Speaker 2: Don't ever get comfortable.
Speaker 5: We cut players during the season, we cut players before the season, We cut players in the off season. Okay, noted when did the high go down for you?
Speaker 2: O Joe?
Speaker 3: Oh, once I seen them veterans come in, Hey, that how went right away? Once I seen them veterans come in, Rookie Camp, I still had that high. And I seen them veterans come in, it was a different ball game. It was a different ball game.
Speaker 2: He said, Dad, ash over to eat.
Speaker 5: You know, if you put me down, I might get a little bite and then me getting me up all night with your stomach messed up.
Speaker 2: Real Chris Moore.
Speaker 5: Y'all remember Ojo said Bain would be gonna be gone by ten and that's why he loved the Bengals trade. O Yo, ain't always right.
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean he's still an he'd been.
Speaker 2: Right there for y'all.
Speaker 5: Oo Uh, Doctor Frankie M Ballaman, Hey, fam, in your opinion, how much of an NFL draft is a real evaluation? How much of his height, politics and who interviews? Well, I think it's a.
Speaker 3: Combination, especially when they invested in that kind of money.
Speaker 5: You oh yo, Because I'm trying to figure out how does somebody move up, move up the draft? Boar to slide down? With ain't no games played out the January? How you how you rise up the draft board. He's rising up the draft board.
Speaker 2: What there?
Speaker 5: What secret game did he play that that we didn't still on television?
Speaker 2: Oh? Oh, he had a great he had a great draft about it, He had a great meeting.
Speaker 3: What that has nothing to do with playing football.
Speaker 5: Unless I call unless I called the coach, the general manager or something.
Speaker 2: Wife a bad name of a garden, dude.
Speaker 5: I don't know why how I'm gonna slide down the draft board with an interview.
Speaker 2: But he said kind of anything. Let me said anything sad? Bad?
Speaker 5: Why you're not in the bed, you're not sleepy? Then he said, I know I smelled something down here. Gladder came downstairs. Glad uh titan guy?
Speaker 2: What's up? Fellas?
Speaker 5: Do you guys have any stories about playing with a first round or players with high expectations and they turned out to be a bus Yeah?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, high expectations trying to be a bus. She was the first round that I played with, But them boys turned out to be good. Bro Carson, Justice Smith.
Speaker 5: Justice Miller, Jonathan Oggin say he was the toughest player he ever played against.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm John and Jaye is a top one hundred player.
Speaker 3: Trying to think who else went first round.
Speaker 2: I played with a bunch of them.
Speaker 3: As hard as it's hard, it's hard to live up to that hype.
Speaker 5: Bro exactly, Calida Scope, Oh Joe, keep your Skylar Bell from Yukon. He's the best receiver in the draft in my opinion, and will be a Day one game changer for any team.
Speaker 2: Skylar Belle, George Scott A why you and why you?
Speaker 5: Max Rich was fitted up like that, y'all boys had that ish on, you know, I little something I threw together.
Speaker 2: I was a little hurry get up out there. You know.
Speaker 5: No, Oh, I would wear my pants again. I don't know y'all talking about Hey, I ain't got it like that. We're pants one time with two times and that's it. I got at least three more wears out them. Blew a bitar pants.
Speaker 2: You got it?
Speaker 3: You should have worn You should have wanted some of these boy to the game.
Speaker 2: Nah, I ain't gonna be able to do that. O.
Speaker 3: Yo, I would have. I would have wore my mind. You know you invite me to the game.
Speaker 5: I j muluk man. Why didn't y'all tell me the Ravens used to be the Browns? I mean, don't everybody do.
Speaker 3: That, and somebody, probably young.
Speaker 5: U baby drew ten underscore man unk better than mel Kiper. He hasn't missed yet. Yeah, you know, just keep your head to the ground and you know, things get revealed to you.
Speaker 2: Free game juice, yo oh Jo, huge Bengals fan. Here.
Speaker 5: You came to my twelfth birthday party in Cincinnati back in two thousand and nine. I still got the picture. Next time you in the natty hit me up so I can get you to sign it.
Speaker 2: Un be hating. We got sexy Death.
Speaker 3: I got you. Next time I come in town, I got you.
Speaker 4: Huh yeah good.
Speaker 2: And that we beat them. We beat them to the poolge we did.
Speaker 5: ESPN couldn't keep up with the pace of the slot because it's eight minutes and everything was happening so fast.
Speaker 2: That's how we were beating them out.
Speaker 5: So come get your ay, come get your info from us.
Speaker 2: Real sports talk.
Speaker 5: I like DT from Ohio State McDonald or wide receiver Denzel Boston for the Raider in the second round, or Sammy Emanuel Neil Warren from Toledo. I like, somebody's gonna get a great pick with Mac. Somebody gonna get a great pick he's sudden, he physical, he violent as a defensive player. I want violence, good hands. I don't want contact. I want collisions. That's what I want. I wanted like nuclear warfare. I don't want winners. I want survivors. That's what we want. Tell them we want survivors. He's our violence. Violence, he said, boy, I'll be putting that thing on Teddy, say Teddy, chump. He go jump up on stuff so I can't get it. Oh g fanno, H what was your favorite pick in which was your least favorite?
Speaker 2: For me?
Speaker 5: I don't think anybody for me. I mean, I know some people might say Todd Simpson was a reach, but the man think about this. He said, the universe of Miami had six point five million dollars to come play one year. He turned that down. He had to know something. He turned six and a half million dollars down on Joe.
Speaker 2: For one year.
Speaker 3: I wonder, I wonder, why why would you do that? You think maybe we're gonna be Carson back out coming to.
Speaker 5: Miami, Carson Bank in the draft. No, I'm saying, then you Todd Simpsons had another year this year?
Speaker 3: You know what I would I mean, why why?
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 3: Come back and improve your draft stock.
Speaker 2: He would, He wouldn't number What are.
Speaker 3: You gonna do? Twelve one of them?
Speaker 2: So what you which would you rather have? Six? Would you rather have twenty five million?
Speaker 5: Because you know, all you're doing is lay and get into that big prize, you know, the big prize three years away.
Speaker 3: Hey, I hope boy, I don't see staff walking away like that. No tiime soon.
Speaker 5: They got thirty one other teams other than Detroit, So thirty other teams. I guarantee you he won't have no problem find finding a team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right. Remember the Jets warned him last year at one hundred million for.
Speaker 5: Two years, and he went back to what you call him for a thank like maybe what eighty eight million?
Speaker 2: Ninety million? So brother goes.
Speaker 5: Ohio State had four players drafted in the first eleven picks and have twenty twenty seven number one pick on the team. Well, they don't even make it to the Natty House. But the previous year they won the National championship with them same players.
Speaker 3: Boys was good boy, yeah boy boys good hey?
Speaker 2: But also.
Speaker 3: Hell the teams they playing were also good?
Speaker 2: Didn't they lose to Miami?
Speaker 5: How many picks Miami have in the first round they had three two office alignment. Oh no, no, no, they had office alignment. Bang messador shit Kwan Browns. I'm actually not surprised the round pick, especially after Peter Shaker reported that why like Chad new name, o Cho Frico.
Speaker 3: And a't there ain't no new name?
Speaker 5: U Rock said, here's some money for Tucais Oho you'nin Wick Patrick Ocho. I'm a Cowboys fan. We took Caleb Downs and Malachy Lawrence? Did we just level up on defense or miss a bigger impact? Loved the show? I love like I said, from everything that I've heard and read about the kid, he had to clean. He's the cleanest, which means he has the least the least chance to be to be to not live up, to not live up to expectations. And Malachi Lawrence, I don't know a whole lot about it, but we're gonna find out. Dog Barren, Uh, you need to get oh yo, get a fifty dollars and then you will be said, I do triggered it. Hey, uh, hollow hollow rod, get them sparks and sc and I'm gonna try and kill some I see aj is well likely to the past. Now do y'all like tie to La rod tiede gold pass? Yeah, this is this is a projection I look at some point in time, Matthew Stafford, I don't see the thing is a lot of times people wait to the car, actually put their ass downside the road, and.
Speaker 2: And and and and and and uhu. It seems to me the rams like that's not gonna happen to us.
Speaker 5: Now, could they keep him this year and keep uh matt Keith Stafford for another year?
Speaker 2: So Stafford can have this year and next year.
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 3: Sure, And it might even keep him longer than that if Tydy Simmson doesn't pan out or show that he can be number one, because it will show.
Speaker 2: Will show early.
Speaker 5: Mike, Mike, what's up? Old show a k A the Vergion with the mad kids. How much did y'all pay the spot at the draft? I'm down to do it next year. Hit my line. Also, the NFL will mess with y'all already, then y'all got nothing to lose by spoiling picks. Yeah, you're right, but I mean I can see if o cho Or and I wasn't two of the better players, and you know, doing a pretty good job of representing the NFL. But it is what it is. We don't crawl, spield milk. We're gonna do what we do. We didn't get in this. When we started this, we didn't think we were gonna get any help or any collab or any participation from the NFL. So I don't know why our thought that, considering the success that we've had and so many people watch our pod, that we were gonna get some But it doesn't matter because, as o' jo say, we're gonna do what we do. We're the best at what we do, and we're gonna continue to do that. So as long as we got you guys in support, we're gonna keep trucking right along. Hey, we don't ask any We don't ask, we don't beg we don't snivel, we don't grovel. It is what it is, and we're gonna continue to do what we do because we think we're pretty damn good at it. As a matter of fact, I know damn well, we're pretty damn good at it, and we're gonna keep shining right so light gonna shine on us even when it's dark. Bard Gang being a cowboy fans, I love seeing the Knicks fail. As I know herd is Stephen Day. I know he's beside himself. Yeah, he losing his damn mind today. I hailed him. Lie, he gonna be on one tomorrow. I mean he's happy about the count. You know, Caleb Downs, he kind of. I think I said something about Caleb Downs going. If he's there, the Cowboys should take him. But he out of his damn mind about the about his Knicks being down two one. Thank you guys for joining us. We're back tomorrow as we cover rounds two and with the two rounds two and three. Just two, two and three tomorrow, so we'll cover rounds two and three tomorrow. Thank you guys for joining us for all. Thanks NFL Draft Draft Draft Night one, the first round, Mendoza goes number one. Okay, we're coming on after the Lakers game, so we won't be on doing the draft, but we'll come on after the Lakers game and we'll discuss trades whomever doing what. Obviously we're gonna talk about the Lakers as well. So thank you guys for joining us. Y'all know who I am. I'm your favorite up. That is my partner in cohole Cincinnati's Owly shadow Boxing on the radio. Hey, I'm former pro bowler and an all pro. That is Chad o Cho Senko Johnson. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the like button and do us a favorite. Go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcasts from. Thank you, guys for your eyes, ears, and your word of mouth. None of this is possible without Q, so thank you for your continued support. Those look at the purchase a bottle of Shade by Laportier. Head on to Laportierkanyak dot com if it's currently unavailable in its state or city near you. Remember it is a premium VSLP Kanyak, the best tasting, smoothest VSLP Kanyak on the market, but it drinks like an x O. Compare it against other Kangyacs you may have tried or looking to try, and you'll see we have the smoothest, best taste in Kanyak on the market. Again, I'm your favorite.
Speaker 2: UNC.
Speaker 5: That is my partner in co host Joe joins us tomorrow. Thank you guys for tuning in for the Draft Night one. I'm unk, He's oh Joe, we're out, see you tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Attain