Speaker 1: Well, there have been some crazy days in Birdland in twenty twenty six. Maybe this moves to the top of the list. Trailing the Tigers seven to nothing today at Comerica Park and facing Trek Scoubele two times Cy Young winner, which means the Orioles, who lost fourteen to nothing last night, were seven nothing down today looking like a third straight series loss.
Speaker 2: They rallied.
Speaker 1: The Orioles beat the Tigers in twelve innings today, ten to nine.
Speaker 2: They actually went.
Speaker 1: Eighteen straight innings in this series with no runs and then scored a flurry up ten runs to come back and win today. Welcome to Birdland Territory. The tone of the show is a little different than it looked like it might be a couple hours ago. And I don't know if they saved the season, but I think they at least saved.
Speaker 2: All of Baltimore.
Speaker 1: Saying you can't beat by now if you've lost three straight series and you go three and six, which is what they were facing until the comeback. What do you guys make of a bizarre day?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a wild game there, and I think you're right, Steve. I think it did kind of save all the You can't keep this team together now. They just lost three in a row and it was not looking pretty there. But those games as a player are what it's all about. Like when you come from behind like that against a two time in a row Cy.
Speaker 4: Young Award winner and the bullpen.
Speaker 3: They had their best arm, one of their best arms out there, and you're able to come back to that seven to nothing game. That is that's a happy flight coming back from Detroit, and that's a huge series win there when they really really needed it. And as a player, that doesn't get any better than that.
Speaker 5: That was just such a schizophrenic like series. Guys like that was one of the more bizarre because go back to Monday where Kyle Bradish on the mound, you feel good. Bradish didn't have it, but you know what, the bullpen picked them up and the offense. I thought that was some of their best approaches that we've seen in quite some time. They only struck out three times. It was awesome. Then they followed that up with their worst game of the season. It was the largest shutout loss that they've suffered since two thousand and four. They didn't have a runner in scoring position. That's how bad of a game it was, and then you're trailing seven to nothing, you're thinking, oh my gosh, the season's over, it's done, it's buried. For them to dig deep, that was unbelievable. And you can say a lot of things about this Foriols team this year, and we know all of the flaws, but they fight, they battled, they scratched, they claw and that was their twenty fifth come from behind win and doing it in you know, you take the two run lead in the eleventh and then boom the first pitch, Rico Garcia home run, Spencer Torkolsen another gut punch. But they kept scratching and clawing, and that clubhouse they deserve a ton of credit for not rolling over when they were down seven to nothing against Schooble.
Speaker 1: What was the Oriel's biggest comeback win since June thirtieth, two thousand and nine. In that game at home, they went to the bottom of the seventh trailing the Red Sox ten to one. They scored five and the seventh and five in the eighth and one, eleven to ten, ten to one, down eleven ten win. Today it was seven to nothing, down, ten to nine win. And so this is the biggest comeback victory since June thirtieth, two thousand and nine against the Boston Red Sox. Just crazy stuff. I did not see this coming in any way. I was getting my notes ready for a certain article to write and then had to scrap that. And I'm sure there were a lot of media guys and fans getting there the angry comments ready that. Again, this doesn't save everything, but my gosh, to beat this team today with Scuba out there, it just I don't know what the win probability was. We'll have to get to MLB Network to tell us. It had to be really low. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I saw Steve's seventh inning, and Sarah Langs does a great job for MLB Network. Heading into the seventh they they had a point seven percent chance of winning the game and they ended up winning it. So it's it's unbelievable point seven percent.
Speaker 3: You know what, really I kept thinking about when I see them come back like that, and you hear Coltonkwser's comments after the game, is what we've been kind of hearing from these guys. Every single guy has been talking about this clubhouse and how they have each other's back, and that win today really showed that these guys really have.
Speaker 4: Each other's back.
Speaker 3: They could have folded there very easily, down seven to nothing. Terrek School's coming back out in the seventh and you're thinking, what is this team going to do to come back? How Okay, if they get it close, maybe that's a moral victory, but moral victories aren't doing anything for the Ools right now. But to come all the way back and tie that game, and then to have the lead and give it up in the eleventh and just still come out on top, it goes to show a lot of the character and really what these guys have been talking about since April.
Speaker 5: There's so many under the radar moments of this game, and there's going to be a ton when you win it in this type of fashion. But how much have we talked during these episodes? Two out runs against the Orioles. It's killed them. Well, they scored seven runs with two outs. But I think one of the most underrated APT bets in this game, so Leoti taveris he drove in the first run of the game to make it seven to one. Jeremiah Jackson had a twelve pitch at bat and drew a walk. Jeremiah Jackson had five walks all year long, and he drew a walk in a twelve pitch at Bet and then it was the onslaught Jackson Holiday with out two RBI hit. Taylor Ward drove in two more runs. Then it's seven to five, and none of that would have been possible if Jackson ended up striking out at seven to one. You go into the eighth inning and you're probably thinking that you're done. So I think the Jeremiah Jackson at beat really, you know, it should not go overlook.
Speaker 1: And the Orioles scored in the sixth inning Monday, then it didn't score in the final three innings. They didn't score nine innings Tuesday, and they didn't score in six innings today. That's no runs eighteen innings. There's so many oddities from this series. We pointed out this series stat that for eight of their last nine series they had scored thirteen runs or less. I mean, the offense really damning for the oriol offense, and in this series they got eighteen in two games it didn't score and one It's just bizarre. And I further, I'll add this, the Oriols won a series where they're starting pitching, which has been great had an ERA of ten forty three. They gave up seventeen earned runs twenty runs over all overall in fourteen and two thirds this series and still won it. And again Scooba was starting and Yeah pitched Trevor Rodgers. As it turned out, not by a huge margin because some of those runs were charged in. It just was unlikely. I don't know what it's going to mean, but I think in the trade scope, it means they're still in that murky in between area that it can't seem to get.
Speaker 3: A a Yeah, And I feel like they've been in this same exact territory for three or four weeks now. It's just like you feel like they're out of it, then they're back in, and now they're back.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I don't know where they stand.
Speaker 3: I mean, there was rumors on MLB trade rumors yesterday of Cole and Kowser and Jackson Holliday being kind of chopped around by the Orioles. So it's just I really have no idea where this is going to go, and it's gonna be really interesting to see how it all plays out.
Speaker 4: Honestly, Steve, I.
Speaker 5: Have no idea. There's just so much smoke surrounding the Orioles right now where I still John Morosi, right when I was at the tail end of the show, coming in near Cano is one of the most coveted setup men on the trade market. So it's and you, Brad, you brought up Jeff Passing, bringing up Kowser and Jackson, like, I have no idea what to expect, but I'm really excited to see what happens and then these next days leading up to the trade deadline. But they could just go so many different directions, and quite frankly, at this point, I don't know if I'd be surprised.
Speaker 2: It's bizarre. It's bizarre.
Speaker 1: There's just no I think if you're michae Elias, you must be talking with your staff and confused. There just is no clear cut direction and anything they do could turn out great or could totally be a bust. If you give up future assets for two months of a player that doesn't help you get in it, man, that's gonna look bad. On the other hand, Tim and Brad, excuse me, guys, excuse me microphone. There there was a stat of Baseball America put out don't hit me any ground.
Speaker 2: Balls, just to let you guys know. That's that's how rough.
Speaker 1: There was a stat of Baseball America put out saying something like less than ten percent of players traded at the deadline have a certain number of war like most of them don't pan out, yeah times trading prospects. I mean, that's the way Dave Dombrowski fields in Philadelphia. He's never met a prospect he wouldn't trade, Yeah a j preller.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so true.
Speaker 3: And it's just like, because you just don't know what the future is gonna hold, and you you trade for a guy that maybe just fits the team that he's on and he's really comfortable there, and you change scenery. Some guys it works, But I just feel like when you get traded in that final two month window, it just gets really difficult to perform at the level you're accustomed to because everything gets flipped on its head and you just don't know what direction it's going to go from there and how you slot in on that team and getting to know the guys, and it's just there's a lot of stuff that kind of gets thrown your way there and that that final two month window.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Brad, you lived it. I can't imagine just from a human aspect of it, where okay, using your point Baltimore to Atlanta and brand new environment, brand new organization, brand new teammates, like so much new, new, new new, and you're just throwing into the mix in a team that's in a pennant race, like your head's got to be spinning.
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 3: When I got traded over there, I was a good situation because we had former Oriel pitching coaches who were over there, and they basically sign me down and just like, do what you do.
Speaker 4: Forget about what happened in the first four.
Speaker 3: Months, just do what you do, don't worry about what they're expecting from you, go out there, pitch your game, and everything will fall into place.
Speaker 4: And it just helped a lot with that. But not every situation is like that.
Speaker 3: You're not going to get traded to a team that literally had a pitching coach that I had for two years in their front office helping me out and worked with me throwing bullpens and this kind of stuff.
Speaker 4: So you just never know what kind of situation you're going to be sent to.
Speaker 1: A couple reminders for the viewers, keep following us killing our podcast outlets of course Apple, Spotify and others, and of course subscribe to YouTube as we slowly but surely get closer to four digits. We're seeking a thousand subscribers and then we're going to seek more than that once we get there. But keep following us there and on this show today, we're gonna do a lot more on the deadline. We're gonna talk about Jackson holiday didn't start, but he finished. Well, we're gonna talk about the oils on the road. It's gotten a lot better. We're gonna touch on Caden Hunter and what he did at Double A today in his Double A debut for the Chesapeake Bay Socks. So we got a lot coming up. Stay with us Burdland Territory.
Speaker 6: There is one place to be on trade deadline day watching Foul Territory.
Speaker 4: Of course. A. J.
Speaker 6: Perdinski, Eric Kratz and Scott Braun will be live all afternoon speaking with insiders, reading tea leaves and reacting to unfolding deadline drama. Join us on the FT YouTube channel at one pm ET and stay locked in through the six pm deadline next Monday. Foul Territory Network, It's baseball the way it should be covered.
Speaker 5: The O's come home to Baltimore after an insane come from behind and win. You're gonna want to catch the Orioles at the yard this weekend. Phillies are in town. I would sugg just going to Saturday's game because Chris Davis Storm Davis. They're going to be inducted into the Orioles Hall of Fame. Just make sure you buy your tickets to the game on seat geek. With over thirty five million downloads, sea Geek is the number one rated ticketing app. There are more than seventy thousand events listed on seakeek, including concerts, sports, festivals, and more. The race to secure a playoff spot in MLB is on. Training camps just began in the NFL, so it's never too early to look ahead for some possible games this fall to go to. I love using seat geek. Recently use the app to see Baltimore Zone stop ros hawkeya set the lyric last week. Got a great deal see geek had my back, They're gonna have yours. Each ticket is rated on a scale of one to ten. See you know you're getting a good deal. Look for green dots. Green means good, Red means bad. Steal away from Red go to the Green. Plus every ticket is backed by their buyer guarantee. And of course we have a code for you guys. You can use code Territory ten for ten percent off your next set of MLB tickets at Sea Geek. Yes, that's ten percent off any MLB tickets with code ten. Make sure you click the link in the description to download the app and have the code automatically added to your account so you can use it later. Thank you Sea Geek.
Speaker 1: All right, Tim, thank you as well as we move on here Berdland Territory. Couple topics to hit on as the O's get that stunning win against the Tigers today ten to nine in twelve innings. I was very surprised Jackson Holliday didn't start today. I know it's a lefty. I know it's Eric Scoogle six for eight in the series five twenty eight ops since July eighth ops over one thousand. I don't get it, guys, to me, if he's your one one was, he's a guy who's a big part of your future, and you believe he is. This is the challenge you want for him, right? Are we telling the young guys we got to keep you away from the best pitcher in the league. Don't we want him thinking I'm as hot as I've ever been. I'm going to go get three hits off Scooball today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree with you, Steve.
Speaker 3: I think we've kind of seen this trend all year long, where lefties can't face lefties, rights can't face rightings, and you are slotted as you can only as a left you can only face rights, and as a writer you can only face lefties.
Speaker 4: But I agree with you.
Speaker 3: Jackson Holliday has been one of the best hitters. And it's not just the last seven games. Looking back at his numbers over the last thirty, he's got a fifty ops and to me, that's as high as anybody on the team right now. And I just to me, like you said, being the number one overall pick and all the accolades that came with him coming through the minor leagues, he's starting to come into his own as a major league player. Yeah, the power is not there as much, but that will come. I think being such a young player, we kind of lose perspective on how many short like he hasn't had many that's in the major leagues as it is. So for me, it's he's got to be out there on a daily basis right now. I don't care if it's lefty, righty, whoever he's facing. I need to have him in the lineup. And especially when it's coming down to crunch time here with the trade deadline coming up, and when you're right there for a chance for a wildcard.
Speaker 5: It just goes back to a conversation we've been having so much guys, where having the the just the natural feel. You had two hits in yesterday or excuse me, three hits and yesterday's game Jackson Holiday had two of your three ins. He was six fraight in the series. Like you said, Steve, I just have a feel for it. And you can go back to July eighth, because that's the beginning of this really really hot stretch where he is an on base percentage over five hundred, and he had that four hit game against the Cubs. He was four for four. Remember he wasn't in the starting lineup the very next game. It just doesn't make much sense to me. And Holiday, he's using the entire field, he spraying the ball all over, but some one thing that I'm most excited about in this now seventeen game stretch Jackson Holiday. In his minor league career, he had an elite strikeout to walk ratio in this stretch ten walks to nine strikeouts, so more more walks than strikeouts in this now seventeen game stretch. So that has me really excited for Jackson.
Speaker 1: He went two for three in this game and he drove in three runs. He didn't get in the game till the seventh inning. Eight for eleven this series. He's now hitting two sixty for the year. And by the way, his ops for the year is seven sixty seven MLB averages what around seven point fifteen or something. That is a higher OPS for this year than Adlie Richman and Samuel Basio. He trails a couple people like Alonzo, but he's ahead of Gunner, He's ahead of Adley, He's ahead of Basio. He's ahead of most of them who have played regularly for the Oriols this year. Taylor Ward as well. This came out of nowhere. What a hot streak. We'll see how it goes for this kid. But Tim, you're right when he and Ben McDonald kept noting a swing adjustment or change and maybe not as much loft.
Speaker 2: Are you guys seeing that. I have a hard.
Speaker 1: Time just with the naked eye viewing it without a side by side, you know, from like a couple of weeks ago or something.
Speaker 5: Well, I think something that's important to point out with Jackson, like he doesn't need to be a home run hitter. He's put on a lot of muscle obviously for when he got drafted at eighteen, but even just over the past couple of years. He hit seventeen home runs last year. If he's a twenty home run guy, even twenty five in a great year, that's fine. Just get on base, because he was elite getting on base used the whole field. You know. I love the approach that we're seeing from Jackson Holiday in this stretch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what That's what I see the most of is that he's using the left side of the infield.
Speaker 4: And when you look at the third base, yes, sure to hit a ball down a line so far over.
Speaker 3: So if you start hitting the ball more to the left side of the field, you spread out the infielders and now those balls that are be coming outs find holes and he's on base and you don't need him to hit the home runs. When you have Pete Alonzo, Taylor, Ward Gunner, Henderson Adleye Basaio.
Speaker 4: Just get on base.
Speaker 3: The doubles are fine, and when you can hit guys in that's what you're going to be paid to do. RBIs are cool too. You don't have hit the ball over the fence to get your own RBIs. You get balls in the gap, you get base hits with the guys on base and runners in scoring position. That's going to pay pretty well too.
Speaker 1: Two down notes from today. There were probably more than two, but the defense was really bad. If they've lost this game, we would be focusing on that. I don't know what Peter Lionzo saw on the rundown. He just threw that ball on the left field gunner a mistake. So there were defensive miscues and another home run from Rico Garcia. Brad, do you see anything going on can a pitcher getting one?
Speaker 2: He's yeah something.
Speaker 3: I've been watching him pitch obviously and paying a little bit closer attention because of the home run balls. To me, it just kind of seems he's not attacking with his fastball as much.
Speaker 4: He's trying to get ahead with his off speed.
Speaker 3: His off speed's great, but I think what makes his off speed elite, and when he's going through these really good stretches is that he uses his fastball to get to the off speed. His change up is great the lefties, but if you're not showing your fastball in enough, they can kind of stay out over that change up, and if it's not down down, it's going to kind of become a home run pitch. And I kind of found myself getting into those slumps. I would always think, Okay, just go to my change up, Go to my change up, but you have to remember what makes your change up so good is your fastball. And I think he's just been kind of pitching backwards a little bit more as opposed to just getting ahead with his fastball, which is what we saw early on in the season, and then he'd go to those off speed pitches, And to me, I think it's just kind of getting a little bit cute, trying to, like today that first pitch slider to the Turkosen just to kind of get me overslider. In those situations there, you have to kind of know the guys swinging out of his shoes, and I think that's all he kind of got caught at today. But I think he's gonna be fine. We saw that the other night. He got the save one, two, three and with two strikeouts. But I think it's really just kind of don't be afraid to use your fastball way more, Brad.
Speaker 5: It's always brought up when any reliever goes through struggles like Rico Garcia is, And look, he was historic to start the season. I think it was twenty one appearances. He gave up one or and run like that was just a stupid stretch. Yeah, but Rico Garcia, you know, he had three straight outings in which he allowed solo homers. Then Albernaz put the faith in a Monday to get the save, but then giving up another homer. Here, what do you make when people say, okay, do you want to try to get him in the low leverage situations? Would that help get his confidence up? Did that ever happen with you, Brad?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 5: Is that overblown or is there something to that?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I think it's I think it helps a little bit.
Speaker 3: But at the end of the day, if he's one of your elite relievers, put him in a low leverage situation isn't going to help you when you get back to that high leverage situation. So what when we were pitching with Buck, Darren would kind of make a joke. He'd call it the doghouse, like I had an instant in Detroit now that we're they're in Detroit right now. I gave up a home run, a go ahead home run to Victor Martinez, and instead of pitching the eighth inning, which I pretty much had found myself in all year, I pitched the seventh thing on Sunday, and Darren was kind of like that was a little bit of a jab, you know, like you want to get your spot back in the eighth. It was still a high leverage situation. You're pitching the seventh, but it's not the eighth and it's not the ninth. So I think there's ways to go about it. But I think just kind of throwing him out here, out there right now at this point of the season doesn't really help because his appearance his appearances are getting up there. This is the most he's ever had in a big league season, So that's another thing to think about. Also, if you're trying to just get him out there, just to get him out there, I don't see that really helping. But obviously Auburnez has a little bit different way because he's thrown right back out there in a safe situation on Monday night, so he's got a little bit.
Speaker 4: Different way of going about it.
Speaker 3: But I think every manager has to find their ways to get you in a spot to kind of take the pressure off a little bit. I think they can maybe find out here in the coming weeks with Rico.
Speaker 2: He sure keeps giving him chances.
Speaker 1: Rico can't say he's not throwing him out there, that he's just in a stretch here where he's given up. I believe it's four homers and over five appearances, yep, so really really struggling right now.
Speaker 2: Hey, we want to remind.
Speaker 1: Our reviewers that Baseball America is the best place to learn about all the prospects on the move this trade deadline season and now through Monday, our viewers, we'll get thirty percent off the first year of any digital annual subscription with promo code Birdland thirty. You see it right there on your screen, that's code Birdland thirty at Baseball america dot com.
Speaker 2: Check it out.
Speaker 1: They'll have all the notes on the prospects on the move between now and Monday at five o'clock, and we may not have a show this weekend. We're actually we're gonna have one upcoming with an Oriel guest. We'll save that for a day or two from now, and then we'll be with you knowing our schedule at the end of the deadline. Does that sound right?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Monday, right after the deadline, we'll have a video up.
Speaker 1: So whatever happens for the Orioles, we'll let you know. Hey, let's get to this young kid pitcher today, and I want to show you some highlights in a minute, But first tell you that Cayden Hunter is a left hander who today moved to double A and through seven scoreless, one hit, he walked to, he fanned ten. He has pitched at three levels this year. And I want to give you his statistics. I believe I got him here somewhere. Maybe I don't. I just read him to you. He is four and one with a one thirty two ERA. And let's look at a highlight from today. Gets a strike out here, Brad looks like a change up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, usc yeah, really good change up there, good arm action, obviously pitched diving down in a way that's for lefty, if you could throw a good change up that that's a huge equalizer, especially the righties.
Speaker 4: But it's impressive.
Speaker 3: When you get called up through a new level, you always want to show your best stuff. And you know, getting called up to the double A seven innings, one HiT's a good way to start your promotion off, that's for sure. I mean, anytime you move up in the minor leagues, it's the same as if you get called up to the big leagues. It's it's it's a promotion, regardless of what level you're going to. So everybody wants to get off to a good start. And that's a really good highlight right there. And it looks like he's got really good stuff. So it's impressive to see that from him.
Speaker 1: He's been a strike out machine this year. He started at del Marvis six games, went to Frederick ten dominant. Now he's at Bowie dominant. Performance today thirteen point four to four k or nine thirty eight percent CA percentage. That is the best of Eddie Oriel farm pitcher. They tell me as fastball today was ninety two to ninety eight, sat right in the middle there ninety four to ninety five. He also throws the basic change slider curve. So Caden Hunter one to watch. You eros are stacking up some lefties on the farm. We just saw daily on Move Up the Triple A. We know jerwa Has was in the Futures game Boston Bateman's at Frederick Man. They got some lefties coming on the farm, so that is exciting. In our final minutes, guys will reiterate it's gonna be a while few days. Chris Davis comes back for his Hall of Fame. If you haven't watched our video with Chris, you can watch it on our YouTube channel right now, the Birdland Territory Channel. Chris was very open, honest and candid in our interview this week. It was fantastic and so go check that out. In addition, obviously you can see all our archive shows there. So what do you guys think it'll go down to the final day. I kind of think it will for the Orioles. I think Monday is going to be a big action day, or if it's not, it won't be for lack of phone calls that are happening.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think so. I just don't.
Speaker 3: I mean, they're right there at the wildcard standing so I don't. I don't see how you could stay and path. But at the same time, I think these three games go a long way, and it's we've been saying I feel like we've been saying this now for three weeks.
Speaker 4: But it's just where the team is at.
Speaker 3: It's the standings are dictating where they're at. And I think that's why we don't know which direction they're going to go, because if they had gotten swept in a couple of these series, I think we'd have a more clear direction of what they're going to do. There's certain pieces that we know they should probably move on from, but right now they say and I think can't be more than two and a half games out of Wildcard, So it's I mean, it's you have two months ago, so it's you're right there. That's all you can ask for. And I know the record isn't what we had hoped, but the standings are dictating what I think will happen.
Speaker 4: So these three games go long way. When it comes to their record.
Speaker 5: Well, I certainly don't think they're doing nothing right like one way or another. There's going to be some movement on this roster, but what direction they go, I have no idea, and I was looking a couple of years ago, and I understand this is not a like for like situation. This organizations in a mind different spot. But I went back to twenty twenty two and they're a game above five hundred. There were a game and a half out of the wild card spot at that deadline, and they traded Jorge Lopez and Trey Mancini and look Kinzight being twenty twenty, I still think that was the right move to do, but it was still bold of Michael Eyes to do that at that point. Now, I don't know how much they sell. The Rogers part of it is the one that I can go either way. I really have no idea what they're going to do with Trevor Rodgers. I because if you don't sign him, you gotta trade him. But I I don't know that. That's probably the most difficult decision that Elias has to.
Speaker 4: Me too, honestly, Sorry, Steve.
Speaker 3: I think when you think of Trevor Rodgers, if you move him, I almost feel like Tailor Ward has got to go too, because you're kind of taking a stand. I almost feel like if one goes, both are going to go, and who knows they could be in the same I don't We don't know at this point, but I just feel like if one of those Domino's falls, it feels like both of them, and then from there you have your guests as good as mine. What could happen because it could go a plethora of ways from there, and you just don't know what you get back. So do you get controllable guys, do you get minor league guys? Is it a twenty twenty seven move? You just it's just there's so many variables with the Oriels, I feel like it's gonna be one of the most watched teams at the deadline across baseball.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 1: And they have two pieces on expiring contracts that are really being sought right now. Everybody would like a lefty pitcher as good as Trevor Rodgers, and many teams are seeking a right handed outfield bet and that's Taylor Ward. So that would be taking away from their chase unless Olias can pull off a combo deal where he gets a piece that helps this year and maybe a young double a pitcher for the for the down the road, or something that's certainly possible. And like you said, Tim, they traded from their major league roster twenty twenty two. Of course, that when they were kind of a.
Speaker 7: Year ahead of Yeah, but totally thought at that time, oh totally, it's it's not alike for like, And look, I think at least fan perspective of Michael Lias was way up here because the rebuild was going so well compared to where it's at that I understand it's a much different situation, but I do find it fascinating that that team was above five hundred and even closer in the mix and opted to sell and guys.
Speaker 5: Then, of course there's the Adley Rushman at all. I feel like every single contender is looking for a catcher, but Adley being banged up, he was eligible to come off the aisle today, he didn't obviously, and him and Sam are going to be reevaluated over the weekend at Camden Yards. There's so many moving parts, man, I'm just really interested to see Monday.
Speaker 1: And three teams that want to catcher are in the Al East's Red Sox raised. That would shock me to see Adleie Reutchman, of all players traded in the division, and he's hurt. You can trade a player on the I l so he could be moved. There's no question that that could happen. I just would be stunned for an Indivision trade of Adlie, and I'd be pretty surprised for any trade, but I would not be surprised in the winner. Now you've got a full year of control every team now kind of can set back and see this labor situation may dictate a lot.
Speaker 2: Stay tuned, I guess is the best course.
Speaker 4: Here, right, Yeah, yeah, I think so.
Speaker 3: It's like we've been talking about it for two three weeks, four weeks. I feel like, what are they gonna do? And we still don't have a have a clue. So if anybody has a crystal ball, send it our way so we could have an idea. But it's gonna be it's gonna be an interesting weekend and it's definitely something to follow and then hopefully Monday we have some exciting news one way or the other what happens. But I don't I just can't imagine this being a blah trade deadline for the Origos.
Speaker 4: There's just a lot of stuff that happened. I feel like come Monday.
Speaker 1: So fans stay tuned, keep watching here. In the next few days. We'll have an Oriole guest, special guests coming our way. We'll have our trade Deadline show on Monday after the deadline wraps up, and it's going to be a big weekend in Birdland. The crowd should be great. Orioles Phillies Hall of Fame Weekend spirits will be high in downtown Baltimore. As always, we'll be around to talk about it. Join you next time on Birdland Territory