Speaker 1: This episode of the Patriots Postgame Show is presented by DraftKings.
Speaker 2: This is the Patriots Postgame Show.
Speaker 3: First four dive for the inside touchdown Patriot.
Speaker 2: With Hardy, Mike de So and Paul Perrillo.
Speaker 1: Hand off the Stevenson. We's his left, big hole across the forty cuts left the forty five. It's team rolls the defender there.
Speaker 4: Join the conversation by calling the Aceticket hotline at eight five five Pats five hundred, or email this show at web radio at Patriots dot com.
Speaker 5: I hope y'all keep that same energy for tonight.
Speaker 1: Baby, can't wait.
Speaker 4: Live from our studios inside you Lette Stadium.
Speaker 2: Here's Hardy.
Speaker 1: Now, that's what I call football.
Speaker 5: This postgame show, this episode is the thank you all right, That's what I call football. This episode the Patriots Postgame is presented by DraftKings, Hardy, Mike to Sell, Paul Parillo as the Patriots get their first win of this young season fifteen to ten over the Jets at MetLife Stadium. We welcome you in over the phones eight five to five Pats five hundred, Email Web radio at Patriots dot com.
Speaker 1: My whole, my.
Speaker 5: Whole mantra about this was. Everybody was thinking this game would go a certain way, that it would be low scoring, that it would just be gross, you know, a lot of middle of the field back and forth, not and I thought, Wow, it's going to go the other way. Somebody will figure out a way to air things out a little bit and move the ball and score some points. They did not. It did not happen. And what you got was the Patriots win, the most important thing, but a game that was, let's face it, at times not easy to watch.
Speaker 1: No, and by times do you mean while the game was going.
Speaker 6: On, I mean generally from the first minute to this was.
Speaker 1: There was one at an interest that's the only place Old Brown touched it.
Speaker 6: That was it.
Speaker 1: That really was it.
Speaker 5: I mean, in terms of our good, bad and injured, we're gonna have a lot on the injured today, unfortunately, But in terms of like good and bad, there's not a lot. There's not a lot to dissect. I'm afraid.
Speaker 6: No, let's let's just get it out of the way. Hey, they won a game. They had to win it. They got to win their one and two. They're underway.
Speaker 1: Great, Okay, I have some goods that we could tell I don't really have a lot of bad other than just the game itself, right, you know if that makes any sense.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'll see them. I'll save my rant for the goods, the bads, and the injured.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, let's just let's get into it right away.
Speaker 2: Now it's time for the good.
Speaker 7: Pretty good, pretty pretty good, the bad.
Speaker 2: And the injured.
Speaker 7: Ah ah, you are right, guy.
Speaker 5: Good, the bad, and the injured round to you might be good players the bad players then. Unfortunately a few players ago banged up today, So we'll start with Mike to so your first good.
Speaker 6: Oh, hey, Pharaoh Brown, I gotta put them on there for that that. You know, I don't think anybody expected that one. And I think you know, when we talk about the plays that we'll all remember from this game, that one will be the one. This will be the Federal Brown, This will be the Faral Brown game forever.
Speaker 1: I always tell you, I like to four.
Speaker 6: Yeah. But you know, hey, nobody expected that. I didn't even think he was gonna be able to out run him. But but but great job to finish the run. And you know, just a huge play. Look at this, we're getting the Romo vision, which is amazing. Probably got we'll see what if he hit twenty miles per hour on that run. I'm guessing he might have, but not not a lot of major offensive highlights in this one, but this was certainly the number one highlights, So nice job.
Speaker 1: Farrell.
Speaker 6: Brown had another catch later I think as well, chipping in a little bit as well, but nice catch, nice touchdown, needed it. That was the difference in the game.
Speaker 5: We're four, keep your nose to the grindstone, suspect.
Speaker 6: Retainer, Yes, suspect.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm gonna go yeah, sort of wide ranging here, but just everything about the defense today. And you know, the game plan to me is where I kind of and I don't know enough about the ex's and o's to explain to you exactly what they did. But they hunted, they do. The game plan was was excellent. I thought they had some different kind of base sets early on early downs to stop the run. They had like Anthony Jennings out there making a big tackle for loss early first play of the game. I thought you saw some Sam Roberts. Unfortunately they had to rotate through some defensive lineman. We'll get to that later in the segment. But and then they coupled that with, you know, going back to the man coverage that has really bothered Zach Wilson. I thought Gonzales again was excellent, so kind of wide ranging. Really everything about the defense today, from from the play to the the execution and the game plan I thought was outstanding.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Just I mean I know that I know what they played, so I don't want to get added. Okay, I know who they played against today, and I know he was responsible as much as anything for how well they played defensive. But I thought the game plan is exactly how you should play that guy. Yeah, and I thought it was they can't beat you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, based on like our keys, you know, it just seemed like they had a specific look. We are gonna put our heavy lineup out there. On the defense. We're gonna put three four base personnel, you know, just four defensive backs. Sam Roberts is in the game. You mentioned Jennings, who you know, had a great, you know, first play. I continue to be intrigued by him.
Speaker 1: He twenty carries by the way for thirty thirty six.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they did, they did, and maybe we'll have to split the key, don't. We'll see what Hardy comes.
Speaker 3: Up with it.
Speaker 1: There were no Hall passes. Bro, there's no Hall passes at all. Uh.
Speaker 6: And and although we did stop the round, don't know how much fun we had. I guess we're having some fun now though.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 6: But yeah, no, I agree with you, and just you know, the approach made a lot of sense. For Look, we're not interested in, you know, having a roll Jude on out there to make a statement. We'll save him for the passing downs and and we'll let the other big guys take care of the run. They did. They did a great job, and really it was it was. It shouldn't have been as scary as it was, but but they did a good job.
Speaker 5: Split the key, chop it up, cut it, get a couple of G packs out of it, so we can make what I'm talking about. Oh no, so defensively, I was trying to come up with something more specific.
Speaker 1: Paul just covered it all.
Speaker 5: I mean, no, no, no, no, it's because it's it's not fair. I was gonna say downfield coverage. The downfield coverage was excellent. Everything was, but so was the run defense, and so was the I mean I call it the pass rush. It was getting to uh uh Zach Wilson and making him uncomfortable, which, let's face it, I don't think takes a whole lot, but you gotta do it, and you gotta get into the backfield.
Speaker 1: You just gotta seems like if you went, hey, Zach, I'm uncomfortable, I'm uncomfortable, get back there.
Speaker 5: Let him know you're there. And they did. They did it all day and and and let's face it, there were a couple of times where he did have time. But the downfield coverage is the one I guess that I would point out.
Speaker 1: Was so good. Gonzo again, Romo and just now, I do think there was that was a lot to do with Zach Wilson. But yeah, I mean again everything about them defensive. I mean, you hold an NFL team to to nothing. Big stop in overtime by the Baltimore Ravens. That's my first red zone chimement. It's fine.
Speaker 5: I mean, honestly, after a game like that, I think we all deserve to watch some red zone here.
Speaker 1: I'd like to support it. I'd like to see how football was playing. I'd like to watch some football time.
Speaker 6: Miami scores seventy points, seventy points too many points.
Speaker 1: Just so you know, I don't think that the Jets could score seventy points if there was no.
Speaker 6: Defense, if it was just me, you and Hardy out there, that the three of us.
Speaker 5: They were required to throw the ball three out of four times. Do you think they could score seventy points if they were if is it raining?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 1: They I mean, somehow they did it on that drive, but I you know, it was just bad. It was really bad, all right, So we're up to Mike. Anything else over.
Speaker 6: That, Mike, I guess, I mean not really. I think you've kind of kind of covered it all with the defense. Those were primarily my Jennings, you know, Jude on with the sack. I thought that was a you know, big play for the safety there at the end. But I think over all, though, Paul, you you pretty much covered it.
Speaker 1: If the safety actually kind of in a weird way, hurt them because it allowed them to flip field position and have a chance like.
Speaker 6: Should have done the intentional s No, but if you think.
Speaker 1: About the way that unfolded, I'm not suggesting they you know, they did it on purpose, because they didn't. But if let's just say he checks it down here because this guy who's wide open, you know, and they get ten yards they punt, the Patriots aren't going to take over on their own fifteen.
Speaker 6: That's a good point.
Speaker 1: And that's where they took over as on their own fifteen after that free kick by Morstead, so that had actually worked out in their advantage and then end up getting the ball at the forty five yard line, which is a really good field position. Yeah, they went four and out because you know the chuckle head checks it down on fourth and ten with that, I just don't get it. I don't get it. I had one more, I would say.
Speaker 6: Break tackles. I'm going to give It're gonna give.
Speaker 1: Hardy a chance to chuckle at me. Ezekiel Elliott. Yeah, I thought he ran first time I saw him, look like he had any I don't think he had any burst, but any production. He was sixteen for eighty five yards of carry. That's a healthy day. Yep, that's a healthy day. He plea.
Speaker 6: I thought he ran wealth more on that in a second.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean for somebody who's so willing to give him praise, you think he would have been willing to give him the benefit of the doubts say he could have rushed for over twenty three and a half.
Speaker 1: Yards actually I missed it by fifty yards.
Speaker 6: I think sometimes though Paul relishes the chance to admit when he's wrong about something like I'm not afraid to say that I'm wrong. An opportunity here to prove that I don't mind anyone I'm wrong.
Speaker 5: My last good just being able to score first and play with the lead for once. I don't know that it makes a difference in this game. I really don't know that it oh factors in all that. It's a good, good key, yeah, but I mean three nothing, just to just to get out in front for once this season and get on the board first in the first quarter. Mind you, they haven't been ahead all year, so to play with the lead the entire day, the first quarter was quite valuable. I do not believe they have any points until today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, first quarter.
Speaker 5: All right, good progress, great progress, not perfection.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get out of the bads. Yeah.
Speaker 6: So I'm just gonna I'm just gonna let this fly. I mean, I'm gonna put it under the banner of second half offense. But I would say, especially focusing on the end of game, situational offense, where you had at least three different opportunities to close this game, close this game out with a first down and you weren't able to get it. I'm not sure what that passed to Juju Smith Schuster was like, you know, that looked like they were completely not on the same page. Why are we, you know, a play to close the game out. We're targeting a guy that has not been productive, has not been on the same page, and again that ball falls incomplete. So I just I feel good about the win, but I just am scratching my head and honestly a little bit like annoyed that it was this close of a game that they couldn't close it out, that the offense just went all right. Field goal on T ten for forty two that drive in the opening then three penalties and a punt on the next possession, six for seventeen, punt, six for thirty two, punt, punt, punt. So just you talk about situational football, I thought that it was just gross down the end, and you know, to have that kind of opportunity and put it back on the defense not once, not twice, but three times. I just found that to be unacceptable. And for you're playing a team that is as bad as it can get at the quarterback position, and yet still somehow they're firing to the end zone to potentially win the game on the last play. I find that just kind of repulsive.
Speaker 1: I don't blame you, Yeah, I would just say the overall sloppiness, and it wasn't the entire game, but you know, it just picked up and there was a there was a drive, I want to say, the second drive of the game. They had the decent field goal drive to start and then they had the ball and they were moving again and they had second and six from the from around the twenty and you know, uh, I think cold cold strange got called for a hold. They ended up getting no points on that drive because they got knocked back and made it a long field goal. And then in the second half you get like a ridiculous cheap shot. I thought block bike juju just a kind of a needless penalty that pushes them back inside the ten and you're not able to get out of that hole. So I just thought the the overall in the back to back fall starts after that, a lot of sloppiness that contributed to their inability to put the game away in the in the second half. So I would agree with Mike, Okay, you have another one you want to add your own. I didn't really have a ton of other bad things that like that to me is a really dumb penalty right there. Yeah, you know, you blocking the wrong way, which is illegal, you block in a blind side, which is illegal, and you kind of hitting a guy who's not even looking. You know, It's like there was a lot, there was a lot bad about that that play, and I just feel like that they they did some curious things, I felt in the second half, but you know it was enough to get the win. Yeah.
Speaker 5: The sloppiness, the back to back offensive line penalties, it just bothers me. And look, I gotta put I gotta put our kicker on there.
Speaker 1: How bad today? You can't miss two field goals. I was gonna put Cardona too, like just included in that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, he had he had the bad snap on one. And then you know, if your calling card is your big leg and you're supposed to be able to hit from from distance, I'm not saying you got to be perfect, but you can't miss two in a fifteen to ten game, and he missed two. So uh yeah, I mean, I'll here's the thing, I'll say for him, you know, he's what is he kicked now five field goals as a pro it's forty nine, forty eight, forty eight, fifty seven and fifty one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, they're not giving them.
Speaker 5: Could you give but you know, yeah, something to help build the confidence a little bit. But no, that's not what this team was built for right now, building confidence on offense.
Speaker 1: But that's the only reason why the game was close is the Patriots inability to score on those drives in the first half, which kind of left it, you know, a ten to nothing game, and you sort of you know, they were hanging around.
Speaker 6: Yep, any other bads you want to get to Mike, Yeah, Remandre, I mean, nineteen carries fifteen nine yards a three point one clip long of ten. I just don't know what's going on with him. I just don't really feel like he's seeing it right now. He's not really fine in the holes. I mean, it's just I mean, Paul said it. You know, a pretty nice game from Elliott. I didn't really expect that Elliott would look better than ramondre Stevenson coming into this year. But it's just kind of three middling blog games. There's a lot of times where it just seems like he's slowing down right as he gets to he's got that getting tackled. There's a lot of runs for no gain. We're not seeing him slip out of tackles like he used to. He's not on the injury report. I gave him the excuse a couple of weeks ago of being, you know, having the stomach ailment and maybe that was what limited him. But I just don't think it's been a great start to the season for him. He hasn't been a weapon. He was super effective in training camp. Seemed like they're throwing in the ball all the time. He had to drop the drop pass on the third deb third and three on the second possession.
Speaker 1: Probably would have been able to get a first down had he caught it. Yeah, you know, a guy would have had to make it. Probably a tough tackle in space there. I like Rimondre's chances on that.
Speaker 6: But I just I'm not I'm just kind of curious what's going on. He can't really seem to get it going. Plays like that where you know, it seems like there's maybe something there, and then he's not able to really get free break. A couple of tackles and make some big gains like he has in the past. That's been his mo. It just hasn't looked like Romandra yet.
Speaker 1: Now, I do think and I agree he you know, he didn't produce today, but I do think that he had a good share of carries today where he just got hit as soon as he had the ball, like he's getting hit behind the line. I do wonder about the shotgun runs for him if they're not necessarily his forte. But yeah, I mean the other guy was productive and he wasn't three yards of carry compared to five. And we as far as we know, his tom thumb's all better.
Speaker 6: Now, so it's been two weeks. It better better. He doesn't have pepto in there, something little moodium, something anything ginger ale. Mom's got the general Werners in Michigan.
Speaker 1: We drank. Yeah, that was that was the brand.
Speaker 6: Can i'sak a quick question? Yeah, and you were sick, would you get what would your like mom give you to be sick? And like if you're going to throw up? What would like was there an item? Because we used to have a bucket in my house, Like the bucket, you know, it's just like a little bucket that you know you would. But my wife is like my wife's brown paper bags. I'm like, that doesn't seem like it would contain what she is?
Speaker 1: She a flight attendant? What is she a literal bar?
Speaker 6: And she's making fun of me for a bucket.
Speaker 1: I'm like a little. But it was more of like it was like a little basin almost. It was like I had a little curve on it.
Speaker 5: Yeahs had a little curve on It was actually I think built to like.
Speaker 1: Kind of to get the overrun form good, good postgame time.
Speaker 6: I would connect it because I felt like I needed that the Colts.
Speaker 1: Have beat in the raw Colts.
Speaker 5: Uh a lot of a lot of knockout pools blowing.
Speaker 1: Up this week. Gardner minshew, I think Colts Ravens is.
Speaker 5: Going to knock a lot of people out. I got hammered with the Texans game.
Speaker 6: There so some crazy scores. It seems like today I really can't like fully grasp what happened. I don't have the Paul supercomputer mind where he's like he's already know all.
Speaker 1: The Ravens, you know everything. So the Ravens just got screwed. They had the ball around midfield. It was fourth and three and they went for it and they had a little crosser to Zay Flowers who got absolutely mauled tackled before the ball got there. No call gave the Colts the ball at midfield. They got a first down and kicked the winning field goal. It is amazing.
Speaker 5: He's sitting here talking, participating in the show, and he just precided what happened there like perfectly.
Speaker 10: Game.
Speaker 6: It's impressive game.
Speaker 1: It's a big monitor right there. Well, I know, and you know, and fairness to you guys. You guys have to sort of turn your head away from the conversation whereas I'm talking to you and watching it at the same time, I have.
Speaker 5: To start five seconds before I know what teams are playing, you know, and it's like you're identifying players and miss penalties and everything else. There's no sound up on us. By the way, that Texans Jaguars game. Did you hear that stat that was thrown out? I think at halftime that the Texans have owned the Jaguars.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 1: It's just like this random thing.
Speaker 6: Or a team that it hasn't tell me about that we were making our picks this week, which was informing when teams own other team.
Speaker 1: Like the Texans have owned the I. I was not overly aware of that one, So I apologize. I had I had the Jacks. I lost that one. Yeah, so I lost that one.
Speaker 5: And it's it was some unbelievable number like eight out of the last nine games or something like.
Speaker 1: That's nuts, nine times nine times. All right, thank you.
Speaker 6: I think I already mentioned it, But I think you should be on the down list to.
Speaker 1: My professional life is like an annoying I agree. I think that he just looks thoroughly ineffective.
Speaker 6: Doesn't look like he knows what's going on.
Speaker 1: Strangely, Maco's run twice, yeah on third downs, big play in the game.
Speaker 6: You know, I don't know that feels. I mean, does that feel like a little bit like, let's get them, Let's get them a big play, Let's get them, you know, like you're trying to put the narrative in front of the play and just but it is weird when you look at like their totals from tonight, because Kendrick Bourne got four catches and everybody else was two or one. Nobody else had more than then two catches other than Kendrick Huido. For forty six.
Speaker 1: What else were we going to do? Get to the injuries, shall we? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Some significant ones there? Gotcha left out ankle, quality, left out, shoulder. I thought it was elbow, elbow, Maybe that might know that was the general what they were looking at initially, so I'll put elbow. It seemed like Cole Strange was out for a little bit, but he went back in. Peppers came out for a little bit, he went back in. Henter Henry left for a second and he went back in. I don't think I'm missing anybody else.
Speaker 1: You say, Judon and Peppers both went back and Strange was out with But then someone said that they were looking at his ankle, so yeah, yeah, I don't know if that's an additional injury. And then you know, what did you mention Henry Henry when hosts aren't listening? Yess how I end up watching red Zone and missed the conversation. That's okay. Seventy to twenty. The Dolphins beat the Bronx, seventy beat the bag out of them? Did that go over? Who was the total on that?
Speaker 6: It was one?
Speaker 1: For those of you who care about these sorts of things, Brandon Staley saved his job by the defense forcing an interception in the end zone. To close out that game. He went for a fourth and one from like his own twenty at the end of the game with about a minute fifty left and live to tell about it when he didn't get it because they had a deflection in a in a pick. All right, shall we go to the photo. Are you doing the Arsennial hall thing?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 6: You'll see why I'm doing the Arsenio hall thing.
Speaker 5: I believe because we have Jabriel Peppers on the line from Metlive Stadium and we want to thank Microsoft Surface, the official sideline technology provider and laptop of the NFL, providing players and coaches with the tools to succeed.
Speaker 1: Check out the.
Speaker 5: Powerful Surface Pro nine go to Surface dot com. Jabril, Congratulations, great game, Thanks for joining us.
Speaker 13: Yes, sir, thanks for having a Jabrill.
Speaker 6: Just how does it feel to get that that first win of the season off your back?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 14: It always feels good when you get a winning this league.
Speaker 15: You know what I mean?
Speaker 16: We aren't it. We worked hard, but you know now we got.
Speaker 14: To start stacking them up.
Speaker 1: So Jabrill, I wanted to ask you a little bit about the defensive game plan. It seemed like you guys kind of went with a base look on early downs, really stopping the run. But yet you guys didn't seem to sacrifice anything on the back end. The coverage was really air tight all day. What was the key to all the success you guys had.
Speaker 14: It's like you said, stopping the run, you know, make the one dimensional. You know, we knew that we had to stop the run and let our great pass rush is get a chance to rush the past. So you know, that was our main focus. We didn't do a good job of that last week, and you know, we wanted to come out with an emphasis to you know, stop the run.
Speaker 8: You know, physical physical.
Speaker 14: Teams, you know they stopped to run, run the ball, and cover kickoffs. So that was our mindset this week, and I think we came out.
Speaker 17: Of execute it.
Speaker 1: Jabrill Pepper's joining us Now.
Speaker 5: I got to imagine there's some games, some games where you come off field feel like, Okay, I put in a good day's work. You must feel extra good today because you're working a lot out there. On punt return, you actually left the field for a moment then came back. There was seemed like there was no way you're not going to be on that field today. Whenever you have the opportunity to.
Speaker 14: Be that said, absolutely, you know, I take pride in that. Whatever I can do to help my team win. And now all the guys a lot like that. You know, we we all know how hard it is to win in this league and whatever we.
Speaker 6: Can do to give our team an edge to Jabrill, just how did it feel you guys had a few different opportunities you needed to come up with stops there at the end of the game. Are those the kind of things that you guys can build off of there, being able to close the door, getting a safety forcing the fore and out all that.
Speaker 14: Absolutely, you know, whenever our numbers called to go out there, we plan on going out there and execute. We take pride in that.
Speaker 16: And you know we we don't talk about it.
Speaker 14: We're just gonna be about it, you know, and that's our mindset going forward.
Speaker 1: Gabel, looked like you were having some fun on those On those punt returns. The second one, it looked like you were a little bit, you know, disappointed. It looked that you was like maybe a hair away from a big place.
Speaker 14: I felt like I could have I could have got more yards on that one, you know, well, I just got to get my knees up. You know, I was a little rusty back there, man, since it's been about a year. You know, I told my acl return and so on this very stadium, and you know, I was just a little rusty. I felt like I could have did more on that one, get my knees up. But you know, I'm happy I could go out there and you know, and do the ball the right way, give our team good field position.
Speaker 6: Just along that note, youre bro, it seems like you know you've really emerged this year in this defense, I mean and the special teams. You know, you've gotten back to it to where you were just you know, to have that kind of performance on that field where you know you played for the Giants and I know you grew up in New Jersey as well. Is I mean something special for you about this game a little bit?
Speaker 14: You know, every time I come home in New Jersey, you know, I always want to do my thing, but I want to do my thing weekend and week out. It's a team game, you know. I just want to do my part, play, play the best of my ability. Hope that came out in any way I can and you know, hopefully that translated the win.
Speaker 1: All right, well you got the win today.
Speaker 5: Congratulations Jabrill Peppers. We appreciate you taking the time to join us, and good luck next week.
Speaker 14: Yes, thank you, I appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much. Did you did you see Deuce light up? Juice loves Gabrill Peppers. I mean, yeah, you should.
Speaker 1: We should all have somebody love us the way dude loves Gabrill Peppers.
Speaker 5: Yes, okay, if he if he sees this, you just ruined it. You may have like started, Do you guys have any kind of rapport right now?
Speaker 1: Probably no?
Speaker 5: Okay, so you could this could have been this could have been the start of something. And then he watches that heart sign. He's like, I'm not talking that day.
Speaker 6: It's weird man. Yeah no, no, no, no, Well I'll work it out. I'll go up to him in the locker mole. We'll chat it up.
Speaker 5: Sorry, Uh, you need to get you need to talk to him just to find out. It's like, hey, when did they tell you you were going in on pump returns? But is it after the first one after Douglas did the bobbledy boop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I thought I was tactful with that, not really, you know, I didn't bring that up.
Speaker 5: No, I mean I brought it the fact that he was back there, but I didn't expect him to necessarily volunteer anything. And if ask him directly, he's certainly not going to say anything.
Speaker 6: But I wasn't paying attention though. Could that have been divided up by plus fifty punts or you know, was he taking the ones that were backed up in their end zone or was I don't I'm not sure. I'm just throwing it out there, like.
Speaker 1: Dougle just made a change, and I think that the only reason why he came back was because Peppers was probably tired. Yeah, right, Okay, I don't I don't think they liked the way that Douglas handled the first one with a double catch.
Speaker 5: I don't think any of us did. All right, Uh, let's continue here. We've got the good, the bad, and the injured out of the way. We spoke with Jibrill Peppers, and now we will speak to you on this episode of the Patriots Postgame Show, which is presented by Draft Kings eight five to five Pats five hundred you and can get the emails in at web Radio at Patriots, we begin with Padden and agoam hello pat Man?
Speaker 12: Oh Man? Was that ugly?
Speaker 1: Well, come on, I mean, they got the win, as that could it could have been uglier.
Speaker 6: I'm not sure it could have been.
Speaker 13: I'm happy they got the win, and they got a division win, which is big too.
Speaker 8: But I hate to be negative, but Manu Juju effing sucks is terrible. I know Evan said that he gave him Harry vibe. He reminds me more of like Chado Chosenko and twenty eleven. He just he looks lost out there.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry who looks lost out for Juju?
Speaker 6: Oh Joe, Yeah, I agree, And it's a tough combination between looking lost and not looking explosive like that.
Speaker 1: Well, see to me, I don't think it's lost. I don't think he has any juice. I think it's I think Evan's thing about Nikhil Harry, that's kind of what. I don't see him separate, I don't see him explode. I don't don't see any athleticism, and I have to think it's at least partly due to the knee.
Speaker 13: I mean, it's it's crazy that they Mac went to them with the game on the line. But hey man, I'm just happy to get out of met life with the win. I mean, they got a tough game coming up, and I mean, we'll see what happened then.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Arizona's not.
Speaker 1: Going to fall into place. Strek Carr is dead. You know, you get another backup coming up in two weeks. You know, the whole Dallas offensive lines out. It's all falling into place. All right, thanks Pat, We'll see you trying to whip I'm trying to ramp up the crowd here. Okay.
Speaker 5: So the Taylor swift in Kansas City thing, it's an actual thing. I thought somebody was goofing on Twitter. No, she's there, she's there, she's there, she's watching from one of the luxury bots.
Speaker 1: Did you think it was weird? Like during the course of the week when people were talking about this, like how dismissive? Some people were like they're not dating, Like does anybody know? Like how do you really know?
Speaker 6: The Swifties don't wanna, don't want to believe it.
Speaker 1: No, like sports people like you know, I'm listening to them talk about it on ESPN, and you know, like one of the I would credit the person, but I don't remember who said it. They were like, you know, like we all know they're not dating, right, And I'm like, can't I don't know that? How do I know? Like maybe they're just I think, who do you think.
Speaker 5: Dates Taylor Swift and or Travis Kelcey? Taylor Swift and Travis Kelcey. But I will say this, and I don't know who brought this point up. I thought it was a very good one. Travis Kelcey enjoys a certain level of fame and success. Now that is a different life when you're hanging out with Taylor Swift. Like Travis Kelsey can probably go to a restaurant. Not when he's with Taylor Swift, he can't. Like he can't go to a story, can't go.
Speaker 1: To the movies. I totally agree with you. That's a different level.
Speaker 6: If you're dating Tylor Swift, why would you even want to just you've got Taylor Swift?
Speaker 1: You just Netflix and chill. Yeah, Paul, what that? I don't know why you have to say that.
Speaker 5: You don't even know what you're saying.
Speaker 1: Did I say it bad? Mark? And I'm going to say Cheshire as opposed to Cheshire?
Speaker 6: Am I right on that?
Speaker 1: Mark in Cheshire, England. Yeah, Cheshire, Cheshire? Okay, yeah good enough.
Speaker 9: Hey listen Netflix and Chill with Sailors sounds great to me.
Speaker 18: Listen.
Speaker 6: I was going to caught Ay.
Speaker 9: I started the game and I was talking to Fred on curse Words, and I started the game thinking, oh, we've cracked this. You know, Max was throwing the ball around, He's trying to get everyone involved. And then I realized that he's getting them involved, but they're not making a play. All he's doing is throwing it to them. And then we've got no yak or anything like that going on. And the second half, man, it was just a collapse. It was awful, and it's so frustrating when you watch it. And you know where we've said before on the past couple of games where we've had moral victory, is there such a thing as, sorry, a moral loss. Is there such a thing as like a moral victory? I think that's what we got. I mean, I don't know where we go from here. You know, a block in tight end is the only person who actually made any plays and feb that's great, but that's not going to help us. Juju as atrocious. We've got nobody out there. I just don't know what what to say. Guys, I'm sorry, I don't know what your thoughts.
Speaker 12: Are on it.
Speaker 5: I want to ask you one question about Cheshire. This is a county in England, Cheshire.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's a county just south of Manchester.
Speaker 1: Is is Liverpool near you?
Speaker 6: I thought the same thing.
Speaker 9: Yeah, about forty miles away from me.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think you have a bit of a Liverpool accent, or maybe Liverpool has a bit.
Speaker 1: Of a Cheshire accent wherever it is.
Speaker 6: I just I heard that too.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well, Cheshire and Liverpool border each other around about Warrington area is about the border.
Speaker 5: So excellent, Okay, all right, Mark, thanks for the call.
Speaker 1: Where you appreciate it.
Speaker 6: Sounded like John Lennon.
Speaker 5: All right, No, I think what Mark brought up is something I saw on another chain and another thread, like moral victories. I'm not going to give them a moral loss by no means. But if you want to just feel okay with the win and leave it there, I'm okay with you feeling that way. There's not a lot else to take out of this guy.
Speaker 1: I don't do the moral win, and I'm not going to do the moral loss either. I would say that that's as sort of uninspired as you could feel after a win, Like, I mean, it's better to win, I said before the game, and I maintained the same stance after the game. They just needed to go down there and find a way to get a win. A loss was going to end the season. I think at zero and three it would have been over. Now I think at least you have something in the win column, and now you get ready for a Cardinals team, which, by the way, just watching early going here, they're looking utter disarray and disinterested in playing. So you know, who knows, maybe they're you know, they're feeling themselves, you know, with the way they played the first couple of weeks. Yeah, we'll see how it unfolds. But yeah, I mean I get anybody that wants to say, well, that felt like a loss. Sure, if you wanted to say it felt like a loss, fine, But I mean it was a win and that's all that matters.
Speaker 6: I mean, it did feel a lot like one of last year's games. I you know, just like, you know, a little couple positives for Mac, which I liked some of the third down throws he made first possession, third and six to get SICKI for eighteen third and six to Born, third and five to Pop Douglas, third and three to Juju got one there, third and eight to eighty five. I mean he got you know, he had some throws in this game. But overall I just left feeling like we didn't really take a step forward in any way today. We kind of grinded it out like like that we usually do, but there wasn't a lot to say, hey, here's an element we can continue to build on. It just it feels like they're trying to scrape things out. And again, it just went so sideways at the end where it was just unable. Like if they could have just closed the game out with a first down, I would have said, hey, we can take the Faroh Brown and the fact they closed the game out, but you're left with just the Faroh Brown.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought, And I was, you know, a little critical in the pregame show of the offense in general. I still maintain that I think the offense is still very, very average, but I was critical of Bill O'Brien and you know, some of the differences and some of those third down throws that Mike just talked about. According to Tony Romo. We're kind of subjected to the TV. Some of them were tremendous route concepts that created rubs, and I think Kasiki got open on one early. I think DeVante Parker had a third and fifteen that they said, what a great route rub concept they ran to get him wide open on the sideline there. So I'm going to give Bill O'Brien and his guys a little bit of a pat on the back for some of those because there was some big plays that didn't always matter of fact, it never resulted in points. But I also think that the touchdown put them in you know that they they got them to blow a coverage and you know, Sauce like they were like, either Sauce or Whitehead made a mistake. Sauce is covering Hunter Henry like I'm, you know, pretty sure he's covering the outside guy, and he that's the guy he was closest to, So I don't see why he would have gone down the field with the inside guy. But whatever it was, all it took was one play and they made it. We'll stay geographically close to Cheshire, will go to Paul in Glasgow who emailed in an opportunity to get your season going, however, hampered by strange decision to be extremely cautious and burning clock the majority of the second half when there's only ten points in it. Bill shouldn't hate the Jets their inability to take advantage of Pat's offense, roster mismanagement keeping the Wolves from the door. On a positive, Pepper's quietly becoming one of the bright lights on this team.
Speaker 6: Loved the show. Paul and glasgowns Offi's mind.
Speaker 5: Paul email back a photo of you doing a little art over your chest, and that will infuriate it.
Speaker 6: I don't know. Just hopefully nobody clips that that shot that was just there of Paul coming.
Speaker 1: Up from under the table. You guys lost in the UK. By the way, I'm so annoyed by the win.
Speaker 5: It's like they shut down any semblance of trying to score because they didn't think the Jets could score.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that, yes, that's two. It technically worked, but only just do you think that they were conservative in the second half, I don't know.
Speaker 6: I mean initially they really know.
Speaker 1: I don't think they were.
Speaker 6: I felt like they were throwing the ball on those last possessions. They were spread I thought they threw it too much. Yeah, I mean, but but you know, by the same token, I just didn't think they could get really much going with Stevenson.
Speaker 1: This was a game that, in my view, and I said this at some point during the game, if they do not turn it over and they just punt after every possession, they can't lose this game. Yet, third and fifteen from their own ten, they're throwing sixteen yard outs to Devonte Parker, Like, that's the only way the Jets could have won the game if one of those is offline, you know. And to Max credit, he did not throw any interceptions today. But I don't think they were overly conservative. They were ineffective. There's a difference.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're gonna have to play the side of positivity here today. This unbelievable Patriot reality from ephrin in Hollywood.
Speaker 1: They only had seventeen first outs.
Speaker 5: The Patriot fans can count on death taxes and beating the Jets. This was not an impressive victory. The Patriots should petition the league that they only be they should only be obligated to play the Zach Wilson Jets. It's just people that are completely I understand you being unimpressed with the product. But I don't know that you have the luxury of starting this game a fan of an zero to two team and not being happy with the win.
Speaker 6: No, but that's but it's you're you're in a different place now. I think it's still kind of jarring to people to be, you know, excited about a you know, a fifteen point scoring outing.
Speaker 1: And it's I don't know anybody really that predicted much different than what you saw. Like we all talked about it was going to be a trip to the dentist. It's going to be a low scoring game, and someone will make a mistake or whatever. Now instead of a turnover mistake, today, the mistake was in coverage to give them a free whatever it was, how many yards it was the touchdown? Fifty eight fifty eight? Yeah, they gave him a free sixty yard touchdown. That's the mistake, the one mistake in the game, the one egregious mistake in the game.
Speaker 10: That was it.
Speaker 1: That was the difference. Yeah, Like I think that's where a lot of people felt like this game would be seventeen thirteen, thirteen ten. How many thirteen ten predictions did you write down already in the pregame, it's like three or four guys.
Speaker 5: They were called in, Yeah there were well our Zach Zach Blatt.
Speaker 1: He picked thirteen ten jets and a couple of guys called in with thirteen ten predictions, and then the game goes thirteen ten and everybody's like, this is disgusting, And I get it. I'm not listening. I'm not thrilled with the game. I'm not trying to be the contrarian and say I was really excited about that win. But that's what everybody thought it was going to be going in.
Speaker 6: Now you're right, And I think it's just jarring too with the the quality of the product. I mean, you know, it's just like sometimes I think like that's even more of an indictment when people are just like the Pacers are boring, like there's nothing, you know what I mean, there's just nothing going on, Like there's one touchdown?
Speaker 1: Can we say that the Chants have a pretty good defense, Like to go on the field as many times as they did with no hope today and still come up with a stop is not easy.
Speaker 6: And every time the offense takes the field, you feel like more hope is being sucked away. From you because of their performance.
Speaker 1: You know, every possession was ending with four guys from the Jets offense talking on the sideline, you know, fights being broken up, a parent trying to like, you know, get something to you know, through to some guy.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: The defense to go out there and just force punt after punt after punt the way they did, that's a good defense. Yeah, that's a good defense. I'm not taking anything away from New York today.
Speaker 5: Brandon in or Brandon Bromdon Grooms says, why don't we see more play action, especially when we get the run game going like we did today with Zeke and Ramandre.
Speaker 1: Seems that it didn't really have a great running game today, but you did do some play action today. H Yeah.
Speaker 5: And it seems like Mac Excel's a play action we just never see it. I appreciate the shots downfield and also wonder why we don't see more dink and dunk to get the chains moving.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 6: For me, that's one of those things I'm not really charting and really clocking during the game, you know, something to look at. But I mean, I know Evan's been all over that. But we'll see. They did run down some of it today, I don't know how much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they had a couple I mentioned it to you on one of them. I was like, what what what was he under center? There was that a little play action and they did you know, they they did try some different things. Wow. As Dallas continues to go backwards down nine to nothing in the early going to the Cardinals telling you kind of pols today, cuboo. Yeah, I think I think TJ has Dallas fire Bill Belichick. This is from Eric.
Speaker 5: We need to fire Bill. His refusal to help the offense is pathetic. Screw Gonzo and everyone raving about him. We need weapons and Bill missed every step of the way since twenty eighteen.
Speaker 1: All right, so I'm gonna give another perspective that I'm probably gonna get made fun of. They also got a little unlucky today at the end of the first half. Now I think it probably was a It would have only been three points, but they should have gotten a pass. In appearance on to Mario Douglas, I refuse to use nicknames of grown men that I don't that I don't know, but that's that's passing apference right there.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I think it's Michael Carter. He couldn't hit him right there, like the grab. The grab I can I can do. I'm okay with because that's just kind of that's kind of hand fighting hand fighting hand But right here he hits him before the ball arrives. Right there, he's hitting him before the ball arrived. That's pass in afference to me. Now I tend to bash the Rooks. Yeah, I tend to bash the rest Well. Bill was arguing about the Marte mop Will play last week that got fined like six grand. But this is past interference and I don't think they would have scored a touchdown because of the amount of time left, but they would have had a shot. Yeah, they would have had to play in the end zone from like inside the ten. And if it doesn't get it, it's a chip shot field goal now instead of whatever it was, fifty seven yard or that's a big difference. So I do think there was a little bad luck involved on that. They probably should have gotten three more points.
Speaker 6: It is pretty funny little Chad Ryland. All his field goals are like right at midfield, like he doesn't get anything.
Speaker 1: El gety forty eight, forty nine, fifty one, fifty seven it's.
Speaker 6: No easy ones, buddy.
Speaker 5: Now we can go back to the phones. Had a little bit of a hiccup there, but we're back. Devon, Yeah, Devon, No, no different, Devon.
Speaker 1: He's in Connecticut.
Speaker 6: Okay, s already in Connecticut.
Speaker 1: Hello, Devon, what's going on? Okay? Are they driving?
Speaker 6: Congrats on your baby?
Speaker 1: What are you doing? Devon? Go ahead?
Speaker 3: Please?
Speaker 12: How you doing?
Speaker 19: Brother?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 12: No, there's a lot take away from this game. We you know, we got the win, which is great, of course. I like the way our defense looks. We looked pretty solid.
Speaker 16: You know.
Speaker 12: Last week we had some trouble, but we we stopped Tyreek and and and we shut down Watt a little bit. You know, that gave us the run. But this week we put him in the box and we played the run.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 12: I feel like we did good overall.
Speaker 16: There's some things we need to work on.
Speaker 12: I feel like we need a new number. We need a solid number, one live recess. You know, that's one thing we don't have. I feel like when we when we get down or we're getting situations where we need to take a shot, there's no solid by that we can go see that's to play. I think we need that that'll make a huge difference. I feel like your bro played great to pay JUDI has a bit of a tough game. He's gonna go back there, I think packing he would, you know, he got packed in side usually, so you know, we had a tough game. But overall, I like I like Christian. I like Christian Gonzalez. I noticed he plays a lot of boundary corner last that's come up in a lot of one on once but usually does pretty well. He might get burned a couple of times with a rugie, you know. For overall, I feel like we did well. We played two good teams to start the season. I didn't expect to win those games. You know, right now, we're not We're not built to win a championship. We can't make the playoffs. I feel like we just need a little bit more, little help arm my offensive line. Even though we did all right today. Better we did well on defense.
Speaker 5: Yep, all right, appreciated, thanks Devon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought the defense was outstanding.
Speaker 5: I mean, the call on you again, the call for a number one wide receiver, which has been going on for a while, is not going to stop until you have somebody who looks like a legitimate number one wide receiver and until somebody evolves and just takes it even by default, no one's even taking it by default.
Speaker 1: No, No, their receivers weren't good today. I don't think they created a lot of separation during the course of the day. I just didn't the offense looked disjointed. I thought there were times where they made plays and Mike rattled off a number of conversions they had. They were about fifty percent on third down, so it wasn't like it was a you know, a train wreck on offense, but they just never seemed to consistently string plays together. They had a nice third and fifteen like the one we were talking about to Parker, and then it's three out in parts.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the you know, when we got into the show on Tuesday, you know, my thing was after a day of reflection upon the game, offensive line and running game, you know, like, all right, I don't know, there's all kinds of personnel issues that we need, guys, but let's just start with the protection and try to get the run game going. And he came out of this game. I don't think they allowed a sack. No, they run for one hundred and forty yards. I know it was offense. It wasn't today super efficient, but I felt like they ran the ball the best that they've run it in the three games. So you know, they kind of hit the two things I wanted, and it's still kind of was similarly productive. So that's what's a little bit disheartening, is that they fixed the two main things that I would have said coming in are the biggest problems, Like you got to get the pass protection right a great point. You got to get some running game going fifteen point thirteen point.
Speaker 1: But this is but this is what I'm like, I've been getting at. It's been like, you know, well if you can run the ball and you can protect mac, okay, well you did those things and you're off and your passing production went down today. Yep, So now what's the excuse, right, you know, their offense and I'm not blaming anyone, Okay, it is what it is. The offense is limited and today, you know, probably wasn't a great day to throw the ball with all the rain, all the slipping. There was a lot ton of guys slipping early in the game. You know, Remandre drops an easy one in the flat that probably is going to be a first down. I got to think that's at least partly due to the conditions. But you know, he's completing about fifty percent of his throw out fifty one percent. I mean, that's not very good. And again you take out that, you take out the fifty eight yard touchdows different which had nothing to do. You know, it was blown coverage was wide open. They didn't really do anything else get to the red zone now they were able to. They were able to rack up forty carries, which is good, and you know, three point nine to carry for forty carries isn't bad. But I just I felt like they ran the ball well enough today. They protected the passer well enough today, but they didn't separate well enough. Maybe. How many trips to the red zone for the Patriots I believe none.
Speaker 6: I don't think zero.
Speaker 1: I don't think they ever had possession inside the.
Speaker 6: Twentieth They just had one. I think that was that was it. I mean, it was like watching uh, it's like watching Sharon in Westboro a couple of weeks ago. Like it's just the whole game is in between the thirties, like no one is able to move the ball, punk punt, punt, punt.
Speaker 5: Wow, all right, Anthony and Columbus. What's happened in Anthony?
Speaker 20: Hi guys, good afternoon.
Speaker 6: Hello.
Speaker 21: I wonder.
Speaker 16: I just think of it.
Speaker 20: I don't get to see them very often because I live where I live, and I saw the first game. I'm sorry, yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, yeah, the first game was on television here, and so yeah, this offense is yeah, move the ball like up behind, and you know, we all know what happened the first game.
Speaker 1: I would say the first game was the best. The offense moved the ball. Out of the three, I agree with you.
Speaker 20: Yeah, there's so much in this league that is dependent on the quarterback. You know, there are you know, six or seven teams that have a quarterback that's capable of winning a Super Bowl. It seems like you have to go all the way back to the what was it, the the one or two raven to win a Super Bowl with a middling quarterback. You know, but okay, there if you look at other teams, like the Dolphins scored seventy points today. The Dolphins were terrible for a long time. Kansas City was terrible for a long time, and now they've become what they've become. I wonder what you think about, like, what's the we're spoiled by twenty years of you know, unprecedented success, Like what do you when do you when do you think this team will be? I mean, never mind super Bowl contender, playoff games.
Speaker 1: Well, they're they're a playoff contender now. They could make the playoffs. They were a game away from the playoffs last year. They could make the playoffs. The quarterback thing, I get what you're saying.
Speaker 5: And no one is putting mac Jones in any category other than the one that he's in.
Speaker 1: So that's fine. But to say that you need to have.
Speaker 5: One of these handful of guys too, But can we can we expand it to make it to the super Bowl? And if you do that, you open things up and you actually start to accept a lot of different possibilities. Now you can say whatever you want about Matt Ryan and I'll think, you know, unable to close it out, But they should have won that super Bowl and we're talking about Matt Ryan. You can get to the super Bowl. I'm a Matthew Stafford guy, and I by no means think that he is an elite quarterback in the NFL. He's very good, but they what you know, matt Matt Stafford has a super Bowl win. He did, he did more than just make it there, So you don't.
Speaker 1: Need to have well if you don't have I think Matthew Stafford is really good. He's real. I know you you have you know the Lions?
Speaker 5: Is he in the is when when guys mentioned there is he? Mahomes no, No, is he is?
Speaker 14: He?
Speaker 5: He's top ten though, Okay, so top third you know it's it goes beyond just five or six guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, all right. I think that's what he's looking for, is a top third guy. Well, yeah, I'm just I'm going off of what he said.
Speaker 5: It seems like you want to have one of those first mentioned players. And if you don't have one of those guys, you might as well count yourself.
Speaker 6: Out and can't.
Speaker 1: I'm not there yet.
Speaker 5: I think I think you need to expand it out a little bit, especially in a season like this where there's there's parody.
Speaker 1: I think to be a title contender, you might need one of those guys. But you can be a solid playoff team with a top third guy.
Speaker 6: But like, let's be honest, though, like we alway used to make fun of those teams that are like, you know, and now the sixth and seventh, you know, Seeds that yeah, there's no real chance that though, like, yeah, they're playoff teams, but everybody knows the bottom two teams probably in the conference are going to get smoked in that first round and aren't real contenders. Like what people really want is to be in the conversation with the good teams and to think, like when we play Buffalo, when we play Kansas City, when we play Miami, that we're going to have a real chance to win. And I mean, as close as last week's game kind of looked on the scoreboard, I just I still don't think that they're a team that is in that echelon. And yes they're flirting with playoffs, you know, making the playoffs, but it's it's still I still think they got a ways to go before they're really one of those teams that's that's actually going to make noise in the playoffs.
Speaker 5: Let's go to curtin Delaware. Hello, Kurt, thanks for joining us on this episode of the Patriots Post Game Show presented by Draft Kings.
Speaker 1: What do you got for us?
Speaker 15: Hey, guys, Hi, I just wanted to comment on the Mario Douglas. It was good seeing him out there playing him because he wasn't sitting in a Bill Belichick doghouse. I just wanted to kind of comment on something that I think it could have been either Paul or Fredson during the week that maybe maybe it's something that you know, after he got benched, you know, from fumbling last week. Maybe it's something that the coaching staff sees that he's been doing in practice. Maybe he's dropping a ball and wobbling it and they're just kind of not really you know, they're not really confident, and you know, when they see him doing he's a rookie, so they kind of binge him for that reason. So you know, seeing him kind of bobble that first nap, even when he came back in the game, he kind of ran right into a defender. He just kind of didn't look right. So maybe that's like the coaching staff is kind of defense, like, hey, you know what he's not he's making little small mistakes and I kind of give him a pass for last week if that's the case.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I made that, Yeah, I did make that point during the week, and I don't know, but I was willing to say, you know, I'll give Bill the benefit of doubt. Maybe he's shown some bad habits with ball security during the course of practice, and maybe that, you know, that's that's factoring in. But I would just say I thought there was some weirdness today to his usage. He bobbles the first punt, yeah, and then Pepper's returns at least the next two. Then he's back out there. So and the one that really got me was that there was a second down on the last drive where they're trying to get a first down and they run a little end around to him. They flipped the ball to him. So now we're real concerned about this guy's ball security. We're just flipping the ball to him with the game on the line, where if it's a mishandle it could potentially lead to a disaster. And the other thing on the punt return where he ran right into the guy, I would argue, like, are you drilling this so much into his head now that you've you.
Speaker 6: Know, it's like the just thinking it.
Speaker 1: It's like the Justin Fields thing where he's talking about I'm not playing anymore. Yeah, I'm just listening to the coaching and I know, everybody took that as a shot. I don't really think Justin Fields meant that as a shot at his coaches. But I think sometimes when you stop playing on instinct in your ability, you think too much and you're thinking about, Okay, I got to do this, I got to do that, I gotta do this. But like that one, like he just took and we just showed the replay here boom. Mean, that's like you just wonder if he's just so concerned about holding onto the ball and not putting it on the ground. And obviously that's the most important thing. Bill always says it, you know, the most important part of every play is that you need to end the end the play with the ball.
Speaker 5: By the way, a report from Met Life, somebody walking past the Jets locker room could hear the players screaming.
Speaker 6: At each other.
Speaker 5: So the uh, the inner term this is, this is Patriots fan stuff.
Speaker 1: There's two things, two things that are gonna happen. I'm gonna I'm gonna predict the Patriots broke another team, despite the fact that Zach Wilson hasn't completed the pass in three years in the league years. Okay, yeah, that that's gonna be one thing they broken up, they broke another team, and the other thing is gonna be what do you think of the Patriots defense? Nah, wyam, you got seventy this week? I think the same. I think they played lousy on defense last week. I think the same. Yeah, there's a difference between being at home and your home opener and everything is rolling and you know, as opposed to you know, on the road for the second week in or after a west coast trip, coming up the coast and missing two field goals, so you didn't score thirty? Could it believe it?
Speaker 5: Could it be that the Miami offense played better today?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I think the Miami offense is really good and I don't think the Patriots defense played really good last week. Did Miami have a good week offensively last week?
Speaker 11: I mean, just looking at some of the decisions they the decisions they made, if you if you compare it to if you compare it to seventy, yes, they had a bad like they had a bad week, but last last week they had over four hundred yards and if they don't miss two field goals, they score thirty points on the road.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just I mean, I have a lot of respect for the Patriots defense. It's just it's just like crazy to me how they can be just so absolutely dominant against the bad team and they'll be okay against a good team, but they could like when could they be this dominant against like a Buffalo, Like, you know, could they shut out Buffalo in a game like that?
Speaker 22: And that like skews all the stats at the end of the year, So at the end of the year you look at the stats rather than this they only play seventeen games, but when yes, you know, when you shut a team or two out like that, like they excuse the numbers. It's I say it all the time.
Speaker 6: You know, Josh Allen puts up you know, forty in his sleep. But then like you go out and you play Jacksonville a coupany with nobody and it's like sixty to nothing, you know who.
Speaker 1: And I kept saying this and maybe you guys will disagree, and that's okay if you do. But like, did you feel last week that if there was ever a situation where like the Patriots took the lead or tied the game, would you ever have felt confident that Miami wasn't going to score? More like don't you think Miami could have scored more if they felt like they needed to score more?
Speaker 6: I mean, I think I have a lot of respect for I mean, but I just just the way the game unfolded. No, sure, because of what I just said. I mean, you know, if it's the Jets, like right now, was I sweating a little bit today? Yeah, a little bit, but not but like I would have been with Miami.
Speaker 1: Where it was, and I never really thought the only way I would have been worried and it almost happened, you know, it almost happened was something fluky like that, right, and which is probably what the Jets need to They're throw up They're gonna throw one up there and someone's gonna be opened ball off of somebody and look they're terrible, They awfuled. You know, Zach will this is a really good hail Mary I will say, he gives this guys all time. Look everybody's down there by the time the ball comes down. He's got four white shirts right there. It was really good. Yeah, and it goes right to Randall Cobb. This was this was scary. Yeah, he got a hand on it.
Speaker 5: But as for as bad as they were, they did score ten and other teams around the league. Even today, Titans were held to three, Falcons were held to six. Those are bad teams. To the commanders. They were held to three. So before you go puffing your chest out too much, that Jets offense is come. You know, inept. They did score on you today twice. So you know, I'm not saying you have to shut out the other team in order to you know, praise your defense. We did praise the defense.
Speaker 1: I gave the defense all praise to I mean, I don't care who you played. You shot them down.
Speaker 6: You wouldn't have won this game. You completely shut them down. I mean you didn't really have much margin for error. I mean, for as dominant as they were. I mean, one more touchdown, different.
Speaker 1: Game exactly now.
Speaker 19: And that.
Speaker 1: Goes back to what the Patriots weren't able to do offense. If you play that game and it goes out and that that ricochet goes to Randall Cobb and he falls in the end zone, can you imagine what this would be like right now?
Speaker 6: And that's what I think everybody needs to remind themselves that are you know, like nonplus about the win. It's like, yeah, it's not great, but it could have been a lot, a lot worse.
Speaker 5: That's right, all right, We're gonna step side here for a moment already a break break Yeah, stay with us though. This episode of the Patriots Postgame is brought to you by uh not only DraftKings, but the Massachusetts Office of Travel and Tourism. Great memories are made in Massachusetts, no matter how you choose to make them, indoors, outdoors, scenic views, city vibes, solo or famili style. Whatever moves you, whatever the season, plan your perfect Massachusetts getaway at visit MA dot com.
Speaker 7: Touch for You Interactive from the Yocres company, offers New England's leading schools and businesses technologically advanced and easy to use interactive displays, providing enhanced collaboration and improved student outcomes in the classroom and an easy way to foster communication and teamwork in any business environment. Available in multiple sizes, Touchview also offers a built in VC allowing for easy use through video conference systems. For more information, visit okres dot com.
Speaker 19: By the time this Patriots fan is finished drinking his pepsi, you'll be fifteen seconds closer to game time. Patriots watching better with Pepsi.
Speaker 23: This is the Gillette labs with exfoliating bar. The bar in the handle removes unseen dirton to breathe ahead of the blades for effortless saving in one efficient stroke.
Speaker 2: A million dollars, But picking players, that's a lot of money.
Speaker 21: DraftKings, you know how many jokes I gotta tell to make a million dollars?
Speaker 1: Probably like a half on one.
Speaker 19: Take a free shot at a million dollars with DraftKings the leader in daily fantasy sports. By the time this Patriots fan is finished drinking his pepsi, you'll be fifteen seconds closer to game time. Patriots watching better with pepsi.
Speaker 1: Man, I wish I was out there. Let's un retire by Matty.
Speaker 6: Dan Marino.
Speaker 24: You're right?
Speaker 10: What to do?
Speaker 19: What to do?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 12: Good?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 6: B should we don't even think about it?
Speaker 4: Get in on the action with DraftKings, the official daily fantasy partner of the New England Patriots. New customers can download the DraftKings app now and play free for millions in prizes using code Pats. That's Code Pats only at DraftKings. Minimum five dollars deposit required. Eligibility restrictions apply. See DraftKings dot Com for details.
Speaker 25: Isn't it time to get exactly what you want? Welcome to red Hot Deal Days from Verizon, where you get your pick of our best deals like my Plan, where you can pick the perks you want and save on everyone for limited time. Bring your own phones to a Horizon store and you can get my plan for our best price ever. Get exactly what you want on your phone plan and only pay for what you need. Bring your phone to your Verizon store it to day and get my plan. These deals won't last. It's your Verizon.
Speaker 26: When someone accidentally threw away the school play costumes, oh No, replacements were shipped with FedEx and with picture proof of delivery, everyone could focus on the perfect opening night FedEx where now meets next for residential delivery only.
Speaker 1: Times for you.
Speaker 7: Interactive from the Yocres Company offers New England's leading schools and businesses technologically advanced and easy to use interactive displays, providing enhanced collaboration and improved student outcomes in the classroom and an easy way to foster communication and teamwork in any business environment. Available in multiple sizes, touch View also offers a built in VC allowing for easy use through video conference systems. For more information, visit okres dot com.
Speaker 19: By the time this Patriots fan is finished drinking his pepsi, you'll be fifteen seconds closer to game time. Patriots watching better with Pepsi.
Speaker 23: This is the Gillette Labs with exfoliating bar. The bar in the handle removes unseen dirt and debris ahead of the blades for effortless saving in one efficient stroke.
Speaker 2: A million dollars for picking players.
Speaker 6: That's a lot of money. DraftKings.
Speaker 3: You know how many jokes I gotta tell to make a million dollars?
Speaker 2: Probably like a half of one.
Speaker 19: Take a free shot at a million dollars with DraftKings, the leader in daily fantasy sports. By the time this Patriots fan is finished drinking his pepsi, you'll be fifteen seconds closer to game time. Patriots watching better with Pepsi.
Speaker 1: Man, I wish I was out there. Let's un retire?
Speaker 20: Why Matt, Yes, Dan, you are right?
Speaker 6: I'm good?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: He bro.
Speaker 6: Should we don't even think about it.
Speaker 4: King's the official daily fantasy partner of the New England Patriots. New customers can download the DraftKings app now and play free for millions in prizes using code Pats. That's code Pats only at DraftKings. Minimum five dollars deposit required. Eligibility restrictions apply. See DraftKings dot com for details.
Speaker 25: Isn't it time to get exactly what you want? Welcome to red Hot Deal Days from Verizon, where you get your pick of our best deals like my plan, where you can pick the perks you want and save on everyone for limited time. Bring your own phones to a Verizon store and you can get my plan for our best price ever. Get exactly what you want on your phone plan and only pay for what you need. Bring your phone to your Verizon store it to day and get my plan. These deal those won't last. It's your Verizon.
Speaker 26: When someone accidentally threw away the school play costumes, oh No, replacements were shipped with FedEx and with picture proof of delivery, everyone could focus on the perfect opening night FedEx where now it's next for residential delivery.
Speaker 4: Only join the conversation by calling the ACE Ticket hotline at eight five five pats five hundred or email this show at web radio at Patriots dot com.
Speaker 5: Stop interrupting my joke and I'm only telling it for the third time today. Do you know why the alligator across the road to get Booty.
Speaker 1: No, because he wanted to be by you.
Speaker 6: See, Hardy, you got to go right in with the Southern. You gotta go to draw right road.
Speaker 4: Jump cooking live from our studios inside you Lette Stadium.
Speaker 2: Here's Hardy.
Speaker 5: And Mike Dusseau and Paul Parrello and you at a five five Pats five hundred wet radio at Patriots dot Com.
Speaker 6: Yes, dues, Oh no, just ain't in the rest. Kind of like Gilligan's Island. There's it's a cast of thousands here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's it's Hardy in the gang. On the Patriots Post Game Show. This episode presented by DraftKings. I got a bunch of emails coming in. Here we have uh Stefan near Frankfurt, Germany. A win is a win, but boy was that ugly. The old line is so bad. Patriots couldn't even get ten yards to run out the clock in that shape. The Pats won't win many games, even go so far as to say it would have been an ugly loss if Rogers had been the Jets QB. Today, mounting injuries under are a real concern. DEVI will run out of gas about mid season if the O doesn't start kicking and putting together longer scoring drives.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I get h. I bet they're already on the phone with Carl Davis right now if that injury to Godshaw's is serious. But I mean, I don't think that that's an insignificant injury. They don't have a lot of depth there with experience. I mean, Aqualay is a you know, rotational piece. I think you know, they can kind of get by with that, but they don't have the play like Davon Godshaw. So hopefully he's not, you guys big enough. I just think he's getting old. I mean it's just you know, you kind of hanging on with the older guys, and I mean, I'm sure you can kind of stop gap it. I bet they bring Carl Davis back just to plug him in the middle. But you know, they can get by, But I do think that would be significant to lose him.
Speaker 5: Haven't been less excited after the first win, the win of the season in many many years. Without a busted coverage fifty eight yard touchdown, We're oh and three. This offense is abysmal. The lack of talent on offense is painfully apparent his team will be hard pressed to win five games with this offense. They barely were able to beat a quarterbackless Jets.
Speaker 1: That's from Matt in Virginia.
Speaker 6: It's weird. It's like, you know, the the spread it around thing. It's just there's not really an identity and this team it's just, you know, it's sporadic. Sometimes one guy's making a catch, sometimes they run, sometimes they don't. Sometimes it's Remandree, sometimes it's Elliott, you know. So I just I don't think that that's a good thing. You know, I'd like to see them starting to emerge of you know, who does Matt go to? Who does you know? We know we likes Hunter Henry. I think that's a given. But it's just sporadic with everyone.
Speaker 1: I remember we talked in week one and there was a lot of spreading the ball around, and I think A. J. Brown and DeVante Smith had seven catches each, and it was like, what would you rather have? And I said the seven catches each, Yes, And I would say the same thing last week with with Hill and Waddle. I'd rather have those two and then if I have to go to other guys to sprint, going in fine and exactly the way you said it is how I feel today. There's a million guys caught passes today, you know, and aside from the busted coverage that the guy just mentioned, none of it was really effective.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 1: It's like Kasiki first third down of the game. You're like, oh, big play by Kasiki. He's a big that's it. That's it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know, so like when you when you have one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine guys catch balls, but five of them caught one, Like to what end is the whole spreading and a round thing? They I think they need and I am stand they don't really have that alpha number one guy, but I think they need to find someone who's going to consistently emerge as someone that Mac can rely on. And I don't know who it is. I think it's Hunter Henry, which is you know, kind of speaks volumes. But I think Kendrick Boyne is too unreliable. I don't think that they know where he's going to be a lot now. I thought he had a reasonably productive day with four catches on five targets, but you know, again, forty six yards are not making any plays, you know, they're not the way to put it. They're not getting the ball downfield at all. Right, by the way.
Speaker 5: Mark in or excuse me, Nick and Carlyle England said Mark's accent wasn't a Liverpool scouse accent.
Speaker 1: Lads, that wasn't a Liverpool Well, what kind of accent was it? Nick?
Speaker 5: Don't leave us hanging like that. Also, horrible play calls, thought Mac did alright tonight? Yes, a few bad throws targeting players or just now with it.
Speaker 1: I hate to say it. Also some bad officiation tonight. That pass interpference on Douglas was an egregious miss. I think, no, I do, But I didn't really notice a whole lot of other bad official I thought, I think it was Cobb that took the dive, right, that was Cobb not Yea, I thought that was a dive by him. But you put two hands on him and push him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I put that one more on Miles.
Speaker 1: That was on Myles Bryant. But I think it's a dive, but it's savvy. I'm not sure that you're going to get too many too many refs that aren't going to call that based on kind of fall.
Speaker 6: He pushed me.
Speaker 1: What, Yeah, and Nick feel free to email us back. Let us know what that accent was. I mean, I know.
Speaker 5: Exactly well, he didn't sound like he was from London.
Speaker 1: That's my point. It wasn't a Cockney accent. It sounded more livid.
Speaker 6: Yeah. No, see, I was kind of getting like a Dana Carvey doing Paul McCartney, kind of you like that kind of impression.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we nailed it geographically. I'm like, where is Cheshire? You know, it's a county in Liverpool.
Speaker 6: I knew you were going with it. I knew ere where you were going.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so all right, but we're willing to learn. You know, educatus George in Illinois. He's got an Illinois accent. Go ahead, George, let's hear it.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I apologize no accent for you guys, that's not my end.
Speaker 12: You know, we're you both just.
Speaker 3: Touched on it right away. With the sporadic points, six wide receivers, three tight ends. Juj who's not playing like an eleven million dollar receiver because Sticky's barely seen it. Zeeke up until today wasn't playing through his dash values.
Speaker 12: So I don't know if it's about getting that that Alpha has talked about hardy.
Speaker 3: As much as it is trying to develop the guys that we bring in and fitting them into the place scheme. I if this strength continues, and I say that because we know how volatile septembers are, I point more at that than anything else, the inability to develop guys on the offensive end and to fit them in. And we're starting to lose that a little bit.
Speaker 5: Well, I'll tell you what, George, Your your plan is much more plausible because how many more examples do we need of players being available and just not either decide to not pursue them or they decide to go elsewhere. So, yeah, it is it is certainly makes sense to take your route and just develop the players that you have. Who would you try and who would you hone in on if if you really want to have a go to guy that's going to be a threat that offenses have to account for on every single play. Who do you sing single or double out? Give me, give me one or two players that I think are are best suited for for that type of coaching and that type of development.
Speaker 1: Who would they be? Anyone? Anyone?
Speaker 22: Oh?
Speaker 1: I thought you were talking with the caller. No, no, no, he's gone Oh, didn't you think he was talking to the college?
Speaker 5: No, okay, yeah, I don't want if you if you want to pick a guy and say, okay, we're going to turn you into the real receiver threat, well, I.
Speaker 6: Mean I just I go back to stupid Deebo Samuel because I just think he was everybody knew. Everybody knew he was a fit. He knew he was a fit. I mean he came here and you know, I just that's what's just you got away from what, you know, the kind of guys that were productive here. And I mean he's one of those versus dole guys you can move all around, do a bunch of different stuff with. I mean, a tough player, hard nos kind of guy. I mean he just when he was coming out, it's like this is this is their kind of guy that plays the game they want and they wanted to kill. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know what they you know, with what's on the roster. I think it's probably born as a wide receiver. I think he's probably the most capable of turning in some big plays in Henry And I don't really know if that's enough to like really scare anyone.
Speaker 6: No, but and that's.
Speaker 1: Probably why they have to spread it around to you appoint Mike.
Speaker 6: And part of the disconcerting aspect of it is is that you just gave new money to Devonte Parker and Juju Smith Schuster, you know, like you just reinvested. I mean, not with Juju, you weren't you were initially investing, but you know, you reinvested with Parker. And I mean, I I don't think Parker is the number one, but I mean I do think he's okay. But they just, you know, they keep continuing to kind of double down. It seems like on what they what they believe, right right?
Speaker 5: All right, Todden Gardner Mass, Hello Todd, thanks for joining us.
Speaker 16: How are you doing good?
Speaker 17: Mike, take from this lip. Max did as as much as he possibly could to try to take the game on his shoulders and didn't have very much help. And I really I'm not Ramandre looked like he's just not got that vision or something's wrong. I don't know if he's hurt, and do do I don't even want him on the field anymore. I really think we're gonna have to start rolling with our younger guys and just hope that they can start developing because there's just too many, too many question marks. So that's kind of where I'm at. And like I said, I think Max played.
Speaker 14: The big game.
Speaker 17: Thanks K.
Speaker 1: A good game today, Like can he ever play a bad one?
Speaker 6: He always makes some plays. But you know, I think, I mean, I don't.
Speaker 1: I have a hard time saying anybody really on offense today? Did he make a play today like Matt Jones make the box the bomb for the bomb for a touchdown. I don't know, it's wide open, but that was it. Like he made a couple of third down throws, but to what ends? They don't lead to any drives? Like they don't they don't lead to any points in any way. I thought he had time to throw today. And you know I thought he stood in the pocket. Well I thought. I thought he took some hits after we threw and stood in the pocket with some hits too, right, Well, Sauce Goder says he might have hit him in the in the NATS. But again, I am with Mac Jones today exactly where I was the first two weeks. I'm right in the middle. I can point to six or seven things that I really liked today. And you rattled off some third down throws, Mike, and all those would be on my list, especially the one to Parker on third and fifteen. Perfect throw on the sideline, really nice, really nice execution. But I could point to to six or seven plays that I didn't like what I saw out of him today? You know, Yeah, Juju doesn't look right? How about the throws? Did those ever look right? You know? I mean how about the one down like down the numbers near the sideline to Bourne, where Bourne's on the inside, the throw goes outside. It's clearly just out of sink. Yeah, everything is out of out of it doesn't Nothing really looks right at given times. And I'm sorry. When you throw for two hundred yards and you complete fifty percent of your passes and score thirteen points, I don't know how you can say he did all he could today.
Speaker 6: Same story.
Speaker 5: Isaac is in Sweden spelled with two ease by Matt Lapan, Swede and hello Isaac, sweet and what's going on?
Speaker 14: Hi guys?
Speaker 21: Can you hear me?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 6: Sweden?
Speaker 21: First of all of a long time listeners to all of your shows, and I'll really enjoyed also to.
Speaker 6: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 21: Oh sorry, I'm a first on callers. I'm a little bit nervan.
Speaker 6: That's okay, that's taunting.
Speaker 21: I have a question. Is that all right? Yes, I'm cured to hear your pop on how they replaced mccorday. So far, I think Pepper's had a good game today, and as far as my untrained MFL I can see, I believe Dunder's taken a lot of cover.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, thanks Isaac. I think you got a good eye on both of those. I think it's been I think it's been pretty good. I think that what they've done is instead of going single high a lot, they've they've had multiple guys back, and I think they've rotated their deep crew with safeties and used a lot of different bodies.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, and you've you've played some explosive wide receivers too, and they're you know, I mean, you saw one of those plays today Tyreek Hill had where he caught one and ran through everybody, and you know, So I think that that's been okay so far. You know what, we'll see how it how it continues. But they had good depth there, so I felt like they weren't like it wasn't a barren group and as everyone probably knows by now. I'm a Peppers fan, so I thought, you know, they had some people to I do. I do wonder though, if it's taken Dugger out of the box a little bit and we're kind of all on Peppers now because Peppers is getting more opportunities in the box to kind of make plays and meanwhile, Dougger's kind of the one stuck on the back end maybe a little bit.
Speaker 1: Both of them guys had seven tackles today. Yeah, yeah, I mean that. I think that's the best part of the defense. The you know, the safety group in general. They have they have it in numbers, they have it in versatility, and those guys have played well I think for the most part.
Speaker 5: Uh, Johnny and Madtown said Johnny Paul. They were ultra conservative, treasonously conservative. Why are they doing deep stuff sideline throws? I thought Max strong Suit was the middle of the field, tight ends and close stuff to Douglas Born and Juju.
Speaker 1: Stopped for a second. You can continue the email on a second. Sure, deep stuff sideline is conservative. I'm just telling you what you want. But I'm asking, like, do you guys think like I said, If you guys think they were conservative, then I'll say maybe I misremember.
Speaker 6: No, I I mean I don't. I don't think you can. I don't think you can see. I mean, as bad as the offense is, it will be even worse if you were just trying to make every throw two yards. Like I'm at least glad they're trying to push some stuff down the field. I mean, it's fifty to fifty right now.
Speaker 1: Like I think, I don't think the deep throw on third down.
Speaker 6: They didn't.
Speaker 1: They didn't get the penalty on Douglas. That's conservative at the end of the half. I mean, conservative is running the draw to make sure you get a field goal. They took a shot for a touchdown.
Speaker 6: I think goes back to your other thing that they weren't. I don't think they are being conservative, like I just.
Speaker 1: I thought I think they were too inconsistent. I thought they were guilty at times of being a little too risky because I really think the only way they could have lost today is turning the ball over. There were a couple of dish might have he threw into traffic a couple of times. Yeah, Now, to his credit, he didn't do that late, although he had on one little screen that floated and kind of bounced off a couple of guys hand Remember that one. Yeah, I think Michael Carr might have gotten his hands on it. Yeah I didn't. I don't know. Like like I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. I'm not like passionate about it or anything. But I thought that they I thought they threw the ball downfield. I thought they threw the ball more often than I would have given the state of that game. I think they could have given the Jets the ball ten more times and they wouldn't have been able to score thirteen points.
Speaker 5: Alan, Italy, we are awful. We are not going to get more than three wins this year.
Speaker 1: The tones strong to quite strong.
Speaker 5: The tone I'm kind of I'm kind of shocked. I'm bordering the shocked.
Speaker 1: We're a long way from awful in my opinion. But I get it. I know why people aren't happy, you know, I get it.
Speaker 5: Let's talk to Brandon in California here on the Patriots Postgame Show. This episode presented by DraftKings.
Speaker 1: Hello Brondon, Hey.
Speaker 16: How's it going?
Speaker 14: Guys?
Speaker 16: Go ahead, So I have a few questions.
Speaker 27: The first one is about Keon White, like I've seen him blow up a play and then after that that was it for him. It seemed like he's I get on like the field too often. And the second one is I think with mac Jones always flopping, how you think that he doesn't get like the benefit of the doubt with these Cause that's it.
Speaker 6: I have to go back and look on ke On White.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 6: I do think maybe even kind of same thing with Jennings. Like early on in the game, they kind of were dividing things up, but as the game more on, it got more down to the nitty gritty than it was time to go with Uch and Jude on, especially if they had to pass.
Speaker 1: Yea they have to throw in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 25: But I.
Speaker 1: I haven't noticed White that much in the last two games. He was very noticeable in the first game.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 1: I don't think he plays a tremendous amount of snaps. I think he's like maybe a twenty five percent kind of a guy, probably about But I noticed him a ton in the first game, and I didn't notice him as much last week. Today. I did notice the one play I think that he's talking a little early couple plays he had some like penetration to cause some disruption but as long as.
Speaker 6: He's you know, I mean, I'm not going to get too carried away with, you know, being outraged about that. Like, I think he needs a little bit of time, and I think that they've I mean, I like Jennings too. I'd like to see Jennings get more of an opportunity just to I think.
Speaker 1: I mean, can I say I think Jennings is a better player than Toby. I know they don't play the same position per se, but I don't know.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't be I wouldn't necessarily disagree with you on that.
Speaker 1: I think he moves better.
Speaker 6: He's got some savvy to him. He's getting around. He's getting around blockers now.
Speaker 5: Like El from Wisconsin said Hardy, I'll explain why people are unhappy with the win. This is just more the same. A middling team that plays coin flip games with other middling teams beats the bad teams and doesn't stand a chance versus the good ones. You might be okay with an eight and nine season every year, but the rest of us don't have to be.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: If you are a middling team and you are playing coin flip games with the middling teams, that's mine I'm not gonna disagree with that. What I would say is where I do have an issue is when you say you don't stand a chance versus the good ones. You had chances to beat the Eagles and the Dolphins, and I think those are two pretty good football teams.
Speaker 1: I agree they have both good teams.
Speaker 5: So I disagree with you on that one. And I'm not okay within eight and nine season. I'm just telling you this is this is something approaching a little more normal in the NFL. And I'm not going to sit here and say you can't understand what it's like to be a fan of a team. No, because you watch sports, you and you're a growth No. But everyone, even if you've been a lifelong Patriots fan and you're only thirty years old and you don't know anything other than winning, you still understand that most teams don't win at the clip that the Patriots did for twenty years.
Speaker 1: So you get it.
Speaker 5: I'm saying you need to make your piece with some five hundred ish seasons. How much patience and how much appetite the owner is going to have for that and what can be done to change it quickly?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know if it's a ton that you could do to change it quickly.
Speaker 6: But this is reality, I mean, don't I don't mean this is a shot. I'm asking honestly as an example, but.
Speaker 1: Like this feels like a shot is coming on.
Speaker 6: You might feel that way. But when the Lions were kind of struggling, but you have Barry Sanders, like we're people, do people take some enjoyment at least out of Hey, we're not you know, we're not We're not one of the best teams in the NFL. But every week we get to watch one of the the best players in the NFL and in the history of the NFL do their thing.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 6: I just I wonder if there's also part of a struggle for Patriots fans in that there just isn't a whole lot of players to kind of tune in and get excited to watch play right now. Well, it was it's middling football with middling players.
Speaker 5: It was frustrating because you had, in my opinion, the you know, the most dynamic player to ever play the position in Barry Sanders, but you never had a coach and you never had.
Speaker 6: No consolation that you know, like that that hey like we stink, but today could be fun because he might do something historic and make twenty five guys miss on any single runners.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you didn't have much in the way of a quarterback.
Speaker 5: I won't say you never had a quarterback in those years, but pretty much it was a one man show. And then yeah, it was so painfully obvious that you had just one clown after another at head coach and no other help for them all offensively.
Speaker 1: So that was that was an issue.
Speaker 5: It's harder to identify with the Patriots. No one's calling Bill Belichick a clown, but I think what people are saying is maybe you know his system.
Speaker 6: Is clown adjacent.
Speaker 1: I don't know it. Is it unfair to.
Speaker 5: Say that after twenty two how long has Bill been here now? Since I means eighty four? Is it crazy to think that after you know, twenty three, twenty four years, maybe the system has kind of run its course. So here's where I go back to the pregame show when we had a caller say a week guilty of two high expectations, and the way I took that is I think we are, but the email just said, so we're coin flip games with middling teams, and I don't get it. I don't get what it's going to take. This is four years of being a middling team, like this is what you are, a mid team.
Speaker 1: This is the reality. I'm not telling you you should be doing handstands over the way this game unfolded. Today. You won a game because the other team's quarterback was simply had the inability to make average run of the mill plays throughout the course of the game. Okay, and I'm not telling you should be thrilled with that. But this is what I was talking about earlier when I said the Patriots are gonna play the Jets. Then in a couple of weeks, they're gonna play the Saints, and they're gonna play the Raiders, and then they're gonna play a little while after that Washington in Indianapolis and the Giants in Pittsburgh and Denver, and all of those games, to me are today. They're all gonna be coin flips, and you won one of them today. So let's hope you win the next time you play a coin flip game. If you can win enough coin flips, then you'll have a chance to make the playoffs. You're gonna be hard pressed to beat the Dallases, the Kansas City's, the Buffaloes, you know, much like you were hard pressed to beat Miami and Philly because those teams have more time with you, and you got a break today. You got to play a team with a backup quarterback. You might get that same break in two weeks against the Saints. Derek Carr had to leave the game today and didn't come back. They were winning seventeen nothing when he got hurt. They ended up losing eighteen to seventeen. So those kinds of things happen all across the league. There's no need to be all pissed off about it when it happens for your team. That's what happens. You know, you get a break and you take advantage of it.
Speaker 6: So this is what happens.
Speaker 1: So I mean, does that make sense? I do think that Sometimes we look at it like, yeah, the expectations are too high. We're expecting to be the best team in the league for twenty five years. I want to be superior. Again, you're not. We're not better than some of these teams. We were better than the team today because Mac Jones is better than Zach Wilson and it's not close. You can complain about your quarterback all you want, but he is a lot better than the guy he played against today.
Speaker 5: Deshaun and Virginia. Hello, what's up to Sean?
Speaker 1: Hello guys once, Yeah, how y'all doing excellent? Thanks for calling.
Speaker 16: You're welcome. I think what the frustration is really building, that is and I want.
Speaker 17: To reiterate with what Paul said before, by even the bank, by the game being close.
Speaker 16: It was my point the entire time. The fact is that the offense doesn't come to join the party with the defense, and I think there's only amount of time the defense mounds some frustration over that, and I think that, like ever since coming into the season, always start when I talked to other pictures, fans and other people are different teams, fans or whatever. I thought him like, our teams need to go two ways. We could really plumb it or we could rise to the stars. Were bringing off the offense as confident enough to help the defense out because I believe we can play and beat these better teams as the offense was better.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's something to that, And Deshaun, thank you for the phone call. Phil Perry I think said something like that earlier in the week that the offense needs to show some fight, and it normally you only see it on defense, you know, and they kind of use that, you know, that the rallying cry. But I think the offense does need to show a little fight. As a matter of fact, another email Nick and Maine, He's like, where's the old lineman to put number fifty seven in the dirt? After mac Jones gets roughed up?
Speaker 1: And that's the play. I believe that mac Jones squeezed h maybe the grapes of sauce Gardner by the way, which I think might be why the Jets were so upset.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he said, where's the old lineman to go after that guy? It's like it's going to be a fifteen yard or he said, you're punting anyway, I know, and usually.
Speaker 6: That's cold Stranger's department. He doesn't really have a problem with being a little extra business guy.
Speaker 1: But I thought there was a lot of bad on that play on both teams, Like just stop plays over the whistle's blowing. Stop Max, stop stop trying to push everybody off, you stop trying to keep running, and Jets stop stop tackling him. Like I didn't understand, like the whistle had blown way before that. Yeah, this was like this play right here. Yeah, they should have both gotten penalties on this play.
Speaker 6: If you ask me, where's where's Sauce? Let's get a can we get a ISO cam on a And by the way, I'm not right there right there? Well I no, so Sauce is not there right Oh he was walking over to.
Speaker 1: So maybe this isn't the play. He didn't specify what play it was, but they were mad on this play. I don't see Sauce, so it couldn't have been that one. I would just say, like, you can't take a fifteen yard penalty there. It's fourth down in less than the yard you want. If you want to go for it, you can go for it there right now. I think that Bill made the right call by punting, because, as I said, the only way you could lose this game is by turning the ball over, and that's turning it over on downs near midfield. That to me wouldn't have made a lot of sense.
Speaker 5: I want to grab one more call before we get to the coaching quarterback, because it's quarterback related, and I also think from an historical perspective, Paul might have something to say on this, Adam and Maine.
Speaker 18: Yes, Adam, Hey, guys, I just want to say, this really is the worst quarterback play that I have seen since Tony Easton. This is and I would rank Hugh Millen ahead of him.
Speaker 16: I think Scott.
Speaker 18: Zolvaks was a better quarterback. Uh, Hugh Millian at the time we would we would go eight and eight, but he had the benefit of no no defense. He was coming back from behind and we were winning thirty nine to thirty four.
Speaker 12: Sometimes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hum Millen was terrible like this, like Mac Jones better than hum by a by a like a landslide.
Speaker 18: This is, I mean, and we have a big problem. I haven't heard this mention yet, but these are the short swing passes. Anything out to a running back, he can't.
Speaker 16: He can't put it on the back.
Speaker 18: The only time he gets it to a running back is when he hands it to him.
Speaker 5: Oh, no, we've mentioned that. Ha'said it's been an issue with a short passes. He was a little loose with the ball today at some of those short throws.
Speaker 1: I agree it was it was. Some of them are kind of scary, but I mean, come on, Mac Jones is far better than those quarterbacks that they had in the in the nineties, you know, the hum Millain's, the Tommy Watson's couldn't play. I mean so, I mean, come on, doesn't think he's better than back?
Speaker 6: I wonder did you ever ask a good question?
Speaker 1: Did you ever ask him?
Speaker 6: You don't?
Speaker 1: Like, I wouldn't pu him on the out on the air, although it might be funny, kind of like when you guys asked him who his favorite kid was he and he gave us some thought for Oh, yeah, he was. He was getting ready to funny, he was almost he almost answered it. Yeah, what are their names? Again? Which everyone is drinking.
Speaker 6: With me at the time.
Speaker 5: Wow, Hey, let's hear from the head coach. Uh, and then we will hear from the quarterback as well. Are we doing this again here for the head coach? Now, we're just gonna hear from Bill Belichick after today's fifteen to ten win over the Jets at Metlive Stadium.
Speaker 3: Here he is.
Speaker 28: God, it was a good uh, you know, a good win for us today down here. It's always tough and the Jets are, you know, a tough team. Do good job. Defense is really really good and you know, I had a good running game, I though, would play pretty god run defense against him, and and uh, you know, we're able to run the ball better than we have in the first couple of weeks. You know, in the end some you know, key plays in the in the fourth quarter that fortunately we were able to make a couple more than than they were. But you know, it's kind of been like this three weeks in oral fours, So good to good to come out on the you know, come out on the good end of it.
Speaker 3: Cool.
Speaker 1: How much is this a continued learning process for your group and for your team as as you get better and better?
Speaker 28: Yeah, well yeah, hopefully you know, we're started to have a little continuity here on the offensive line, so that was good. I think that definitely helped their running game. You know, coach of Brian did a good job mixing the you know play actions in there. You know, hit a big pass.
Speaker 3: On that.
Speaker 28: You know, I think probably the running game.
Speaker 12: Helped that a little bit.
Speaker 28: So yeah, the more we can you know, keep these guys working together and and improve our time in execution, better off, we're going to be good place to start.
Speaker 1: Have you seen from Parrell Brown? And how nice is that?
Speaker 6: As you mentioned it.
Speaker 16: It's just, yeah, the good job.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 28: He came in here, you know, the first week and played in the over and played every week. You know, it's good to have a you know, a guy that can do what he does and he's got some size again blocks you catch the ball a little bit.
Speaker 23: You know.
Speaker 28: It's a good compliment to Mike and and Hunter.
Speaker 29: Coach Chad Robins and Miki's dad.
Speaker 1: She got talk about today again.
Speaker 15: Sorry today.
Speaker 28: Yeah, you know, it's a tough, tough day to kick a bunch of long ones. You know, the weather wasn't great, but I thought he hit the ball pretty well. Timing on a couple of them could have been better. We need to have a little cleaner operation. But you know, I thought he showed a lot of mental toughness coming back and making that kick in the third quarter, you know, after the after the one at the half. That was just kind of a it's on a great operation, but it did a good job for us. And uh, you know the same thing with Bryce. You know, he had a a couple of good there at the end, situational punts that were what we needed. And so yeah, you know, guys, you know, been a couple of bad weather games already in September. It's not usually the case, but that's what it is, and that's what we're not to play in. So's some good learning experiences for both of them.
Speaker 6: I know he touched on it, no turnovers, but you know how important was that today?
Speaker 28: You know, Yeah, that's the most important things points, next most important things, turnovers, So there's certainly correlation there. So yeah, if we take better care of the ball, then that gives a lot better chance to win.
Speaker 26: Talk about Zeke, you feel them getting a little bit more comfortable and confident as now.
Speaker 1: He's in week three week you guys and progressing.
Speaker 28: Sure, Yeah, he's done a good job for us, and you know, I think we're getting a little better feel for some other things, you know, with him and vice versa. I thought he had a couple, you know, really good runs. Today old look at the film and look a little more carefully about. I thought he did a nice job of you know, he got his pads down, got a couple of some tough yards, and you know, his vision was good, you know, on a couple of cutback plays.
Speaker 1: One hundred and fifty seven yards on the ground.
Speaker 17: You know, Venerian low.
Speaker 30: Steps in and left exactly, it's a process for you guys at right tackle.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, just what's that been like watching the offensive line is David Andrews said earlier in the week, Hey, we gotta have that mentality who run the football against this year?
Speaker 28: Yeah, I mean that's that was a really big challenge against the Jets front. And you know, they play a lot of people up there, and they got a lot of good ones, you know obviously you know Williams and uh you know Woods inside and those guys are you know good and you know the ends, I mean they're I mean it's a good group, you know, nine guys that roll them all through. But you know a lot of it's just you know, staying on the locks, finishing blocks, good running, you know, just just good execution, grind it out. I mean it's you know, it's hard to rip off a bunch of twenty yard runs against these guys, like they just don't give those up. And they support quickly, you know Carter and Amos, you know, support to run quickly. So you know the receivers are you know, they are the challenge should block down Although I thought it was competitive, but yeah, that you know, I think that kind of helped us, you know, stew the pass rush down a little bit and keep the quarterback from getting you know, getting hit. You know, again, there was some place where he you know, gave a pressure, but overall, I thought it was a decent, decent day on pass protection. So you know, we just gotta we just got to convert and you know, get to get more points. And we got you know, fifteen. It's not gonna you know, it's generally do any more than that, but just good enough today. So it's a great job defensively, especially in the first half. Those guys are really really played well and responded.
Speaker 6: What did you see Zach Wilson?
Speaker 1: What'd you see from Zach Wilson today?
Speaker 28: Oh, you know, you really got out of the pocket there a couple of times in the third and fourth quarter on her It's really athletic. You know, I thought he hung on there and you know, I mean it's one of those kind of games, back and forth game. They had the ball, you know, at the end of the game with a chance throwing the end zone. I mean it's there's a lot of National Football League these days, So glad to get out of here with a win.
Speaker 12: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, there you go.
Speaker 5: There's a coach Belichick after the fifteen to ten win at Metlive Stadium today over the Jets. We do have an optimistic email here from Mark.
Speaker 1: We could use a little optimistic here in the last ten minutes. I have a lot of it in the show. Don't think it's the players as much as the play calling. Too many runs up the middle for low yards. Nothing exciting on offense. They did better with the tosses to running backs. I actually think this team is better than it's one and two record. Optimistic for the remainder of the season.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, do.
Speaker 1: You think they're better than their one and two record? Now you're going to make fun of me. I think they are a one and two team right now. But I do think that we could use a little I mean, like from the listeners I'm talking about, like, I just think it's been pretty people have been pretty down.
Speaker 5: Well, let's see what Eric in New Jersey has to say. Eric, you're going to be optimistic.
Speaker 1: For us here?
Speaker 24: Absolutely not. Paul I had to push. I think give you Gil Smarty when you hear again I said you said we were competitive against the first two weeks. Again, we could say the same thing. Last year we beat we beat the Detroit Lions. There I went to at the time, at the end of the season, way different teams. I thought that you wouldn't be able to beat them last year, the team that they finished as opposed the team that we played them early in the season. So that'd be like my only pushback because I don't think we match up with those, uh, with those with those teams. Obviously you look at so what.
Speaker 1: Do you I'm not sure, like what are you pushing back? I mean, I agree with you, like I would actually look at today from the Jets perspective the way the Patriots fans tried to look at the first two weeks, like yeah, yeah, the ball at the end of the game with a chance to win. I don't really think you were very competitive in the game for the most part in the game. But because you're tough and because you made some plays, you know, on defense, you had a chance at the end. But the other team was better. The Patriots were better than the Jets today for fifty eight minutes. And I think the same thing about Philadelphia in in Miami, especially Miami Miami. Really I thought controlled the game. Philly was a little bit more even I thought Miami, like, yeah, they the Patriots had a chance to tie at the end, but I thought Miami was clearly better. Same with I would say today about the Patriots. The Patriots were clearly better today than the Jets.
Speaker 24: I wouldn't base it off it's uh, it's now who you played, but when you play.
Speaker 1: Them, yeah, and obviously that's big.
Speaker 24: And then the second point is that I'll take it off the line. Cold Strange. Too many times I saw him on the ground. They understand that's Quinton Williams first round draft pick. I mean he's out the game again. Injuries. I think they both started. You think that, you know, shit started to stay on Tai Kuwan, but Cold Cole Strange.
Speaker 15: Needs to be a look here, and I'll take it off the line.
Speaker 16: Thanks God.
Speaker 1: I think there's the jury still out on him. I agree.
Speaker 6: I mean, for all the praise of Christian Zalees and you know what he's brought as a first round pick, it's it's just it's hard to watch clod streams and see the first round pick emerge. I haven't really seen signs of him living up to that Billing Jet uh.
Speaker 1: V doo in California? Hello, v doo? What's going on?
Speaker 12: Hey? Can you guys hear me?
Speaker 16: Yes?
Speaker 12: All right?
Speaker 9: Perfect?
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 29: Sometimes my car's audience were to ask, you know, good we want today? You know, there are obviously some plays I think people.
Speaker 9: Said, all went and we score.
Speaker 29: Part of these things, Bill is petty. We got fifteen points because we beat him fifteen years, fifteen times.
Speaker 9: In a row.
Speaker 29: Probably let something to do that. But my question is you know that touchdown past the barrel, it was, it was, it was, it was beautiful. You know, it was more of what we want to see the team.
Speaker 12: Why didn't we get more of that.
Speaker 29: Throughout the game? And what do you think we should change going down the road. It's kind of good more of those kind of you know, I thought, I.
Speaker 1: Think the Jets didn't blow the coverages on every play like they they blew the coverage on that play. Yeah, it was totally no one covered them, blown coverage. Sorry, sixty two yards for Matt Jay, Yeah, snuck it in there.
Speaker 5: This isn't uh, this isn't great for the Patriots. If the Cowboys end up losing this game to the Cardinals, they'll be mad.
Speaker 1: Come home pissed off.
Speaker 6: Home field, they'll be mad and they'll play really good.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's not great. Problem, that's not great.
Speaker 5: Well, Mac Jones didn't know that the Cowboys were losing when he held his press conference. We will hear from the quarterback.
Speaker 1: Now go ahead, what do we got?
Speaker 16: He said? It just a win?
Speaker 23: How good did a field to come out of here with a win today?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 14: Good?
Speaker 10: I think for sure that was our goal. No turnovers, so we definitely did that. Offensive line did a great job keeping me upright and really proud of those guys in the backs were running hard, and then we had to make plays. We did, but definitely inconsistent. But gotta be happy with the win. I mean, that's that's all we came here for.
Speaker 6: What would you like to see cleaned up? Maybe some third down play second half, it seemed like you guys had some opportunities and just couldn't cash in.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean, we're definitely close, and I thought the play calling was really good. Coach O'Brien did a great job calling a great game. We just got to execute better and I just got to let them touch the ball. But in a day like today, with the wind and the rain. You just gotta be really smart and play smart football.
Speaker 26: How valuable was that rushing attack today, mag And in particular, what have been your impressions of Zeke as.
Speaker 6: He since he joined the team.
Speaker 10: Great? Those guys are great together. The offensive line definitely brought it today. I thought they did a great job. And Zeke and Mandre are definitely working well together. They're different, but they're very similar in their own ways, and I'm just happy to have both of them.
Speaker 1: Touchdown pass to Pharaoh Brown.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it was just a little play action play and we kind of knew it was gonna work, and he made a great catch and we worked on that in practice and it worked in the game. So that's what we want.
Speaker 14: What you said you know it was going to work.
Speaker 10: I'm gonna keep it to myself for the third down versions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can take us through that play, and you touch on conditions today and the difficulty of after all Portuna.
Speaker 10: We're talking about the one. Yeah, I have to watch the tape. I changed it to that play and I thought he definitely is faster than that corner or Nickel, so just wanted to give him a chance. And yeah, that's pretty much it.
Speaker 30: You guys had some success on the sneaks other than maybe the one that was stopped, but on one of them it looked like they took some liberty in there at the end with you knocking you over, Can.
Speaker 10: You share with us just football. I think it's a physical game and at that point in the game, you just have to fight to get it, no matter what you got to do to get the one yard. So this is part of the game.
Speaker 28: No big deal on that places guard was just saying he thought you could give him a low blow.
Speaker 6: Did you think you did anything wrong or that.
Speaker 10: No, I think just trying to get the first down third and one and then we came back on fourth and one and then try to fake it. So definitely a physical play. A lot of guys are in there. That's kind of like the famous quarterback sneak that everybody does, and there's you know, all all the guys on both teams are in there, so it can get you know, pretty physical, and and that's something that I have to learn from is getting my pads a little bit lower so that I can get it and not get you know, held up through we did.
Speaker 6: Matthews Later's leadership kind of provide in a two hole. He's obviously a leader all time, but specifically this week.
Speaker 10: Oh, he's great. He always is the same guy. He's seen a lot of a lot of wins and he's been a part of, you know, very few losses. But he has great wisdom and we kind of go as he goes. Definitely a great mentor for me and everybody on the team. So we just got to keep going. Guys, look pretty full of you for the defense and you know, the players.
Speaker 6: On the other side.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I knew today that, you know, in the conditions that they were going to do a great job stopping the other offense. And I kind of, you know, was really proud of them because they just kept going out there and doing it to the very last play and for me, just put more points on the board and we'll do that. It's like I said, it was a tough day, but we got the win, and you know a lot of it was from special teams in defense.
Speaker 6: Cool, thank you, Cool, he.
Speaker 1: Said, he is cool.
Speaker 5: Mac Jones. Cool is a cucumber. Got win number one on the season. Let's ride, Let's ride country.
Speaker 1: Okay, so there we go.
Speaker 5: There's your quarterback and we have an answer from Nick on a Mark's accent. Okay, oh, okay, we thought it was a Liverpool accent. He was near Liverpool, and Nick says, who is also from the UK, He said, just sounded like a Southern accent to me. I would be very surprised if Mark is originally from the North or he's just really posh.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure. Now I feel like we've started a little bit of a class war, yea across the pond? Yeah, I mean, is is posh?
Speaker 5: Is that like a really derogatory thing to say? I mean, if I were to call you, would you take that as a compliment?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 6: You would.
Speaker 1: I think so.
Speaker 6: You're like very upper crust and fancy and I don't know, I.
Speaker 5: Don't think so, no kind of yeah, I don't speak British. That's an underrated good line right there, Well done, well done, all right. Final thoughts on the game today, Paul, you go first.
Speaker 1: I just would say that they did what they had to do to find a way to get the win. I didn't think it was going to be much different than it was. That's kind of what I was envisioning, the defense winning the game, and that's what happened. And it's you know what I mean, it's better than losing. Yeah, we had a lot of losses.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I would, I would, I would echo those sentiments. I would say, you know, kind of watching it with one eye with what's going on with Dallas too, you know, maybe giving you a little bit of optimism that that you know, twenty one ten and a half, maybe they could get in there and get a win next week. But you know, I just I think it gets back to being another real difficult opponent next week, and one that you know, fifteen points probably not going to be enough against Dallas no matter how they're playing this week. So hopefully they continue to evolve and find something and you know, kind of just start to find an identity on offense, because you can't really complain about the offensive line and the running game right now. It's more just a whole picture thing.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 5: Well, I want to thank everybody for being a part of this episode of the Patriots Postgame Show presented by Draft Kings. We will be back on Sunday afternoon. Let's say two o'clock meet up. How about like two to two oh five.
Speaker 6: I like that better.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know, sometime.
Speaker 5: Around two o'clock for the pregame before the Patriots visit the Dallas Cowboys. Until that time, enjoy Patriots Unfiltered this week and all the other good content that the likes of Mike do So and Paul Parillo and the whole crew will be feeding you on Patriots dot com. The final score for the final time.
Speaker 2: Patriots fifteen what What Jets ten?
Speaker 1: They deserve it after getting win number one on the season. Thank you for listening. I don't even know who you are. Thank you for downloading this podcast. Subscribe on Apple, google Play, and everywhere else you listen. Like the show, Please rate and review us.
Speaker 7: Listener comments and ratings help keep us high on the podcast rankings so new listeners can find us.
Speaker 30: Be sure to check Patriots dot com for more news and more podcasts.