Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys blowing out of the backfield, exploding down the sidelines.
Speaker 1: He is Hanging with the Boys, presented by Winstock, where Flavor gets its wings. Now your hosts Nate Newton, Kurt Daniels, Jesse Holly and Shannon Gross.
Speaker 3: Monday, Welcome to Hanging with the peeps.
Speaker 4: We have a limited crew today. It's me Shannon Gross, heck Ma Harrison here and I am Sha.
Speaker 3: How do you pronounce your lisson? Moon Morrison? Aiash Morrison. We are Patrick no c walker less today.
Speaker 4: He had some stuff to take care of, but we'll be within the next forty five minutes.
Speaker 3: And you were looking live.
Speaker 4: At Toasted a wet TOASTEDOS Championship Plaza outside Fort Center at the Star of Prisco, where at seventy five degrees it feels it feels like seventy five. How today will be seventy seven, the low to night will be seventy I thought the cool weather was back, but it ain't.
Speaker 3: Guess not, it ain't.
Speaker 5: It's temperate outside right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah it's fine, it's fine, It's just not cool. So what did we do with our bye weeks. Heckm what did you do?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 7: Man? Kids? You know, got more kids than the man that lived in a shoe.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so as a grocery bill, with the grocery bills up there, man, just you know what I did, some chilling down obviously called some games, but yeah, man, it.
Speaker 7: Was cool to be like stress free. Did you feel that?
Speaker 3: No, because the Rangers played last night, so I.
Speaker 7: Was stress you know, I'm gonna take you so I'm not going to even pretend to be and.
Speaker 3: The Eagles won, so I was not stressed.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but you know a lot of people, a lot of people will pretend to be Bandwagon fans, and that is something I will not claim to do. But I felt the anxiety, uh, and the depression from was it Friday?
Speaker 7: Friday?
Speaker 8: Seem I was like, why am I feeling so good in this? Everybody seems to be feeling so bad right now? And then I realize what happened, and then obviously yesterday everybody's back, everybody's back to life. But yeah, man, it was for me. It was a stress free weekend. So it was Saturday, actually was it Saturday?
Speaker 3: Yay? Yeah, back to back game.
Speaker 5: It was back to back games.
Speaker 9: But that's the thing about baseball that I think is also really cool is that it happens like the game is the next day, Like you can redeem yourself fixed whatever, the.
Speaker 3: Next day, where you can just not for six months you.
Speaker 5: Can be bad.
Speaker 9: No, Yeah, I felt that too, like because I feel like on the timeline, everybody's talking about Rangers baseball, and I'm not really a baseball person, but i'm and I've been listening to what's going on.
Speaker 8: So they did play to night they played, Yes, yeah, it's big time.
Speaker 9: The game seven just me anxiety because its just the fact that we haven't had, you know, offense, y'all, but.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we haven't had very similar to the Rangers.
Speaker 3: They've been so close.
Speaker 4: Rangers have been closer than the Cowboys, but they've been close, but they've never won it.
Speaker 3: And they've been one out away.
Speaker 4: One year, the Rangers never won the Okay, I just they were one hour away from the world winning.
Speaker 3: The whole thing. They were up what was the two games, Chris or three?
Speaker 10: They were up a game they just had to win in uh in Saint Louis, And the guy dropped the ball out and right.
Speaker 3: Dropped the ball right field, and then they.
Speaker 4: Play on bases and then they got dropped the next and it's and it's who they're playing too.
Speaker 3: Because for people.
Speaker 5: That, yeah, that's half of it.
Speaker 3: They don't live around here.
Speaker 4: Houston and Dallas do not get along. Yes, like Houston, Dallas looks at Houston.
Speaker 3: As it's a little brothers.
Speaker 4: Houston thinks Houston's better than the Dallas And there.
Speaker 7: You said the other way around if you were in Houston being from Monday.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, in fact that the people in Houston are probably a lot more like people from Monroe.
Speaker 3: Dallas and there you know there, you know.
Speaker 8: It's then Louisiana. It's the Louisiana connection down to Houston, so.
Speaker 4: A lot of South Louisiana people. Yeah, and for careers and stuff. So there's that aspect. And then unless you were an Astros fan, you hate the Astros. No one in the country likes the Astros because of the whole cheating.
Speaker 9: Oh I remember that, not even Yeah.
Speaker 4: And then when you look at Jose Altuve, he's one of I think two guys that was still there and the him and Bregman were two of the guys that were there during all the cheating stuff. Like you look at Alve and he's five to five literally and he owns the Rangers.
Speaker 7: He does you just want to I know that you just want.
Speaker 3: To punch him when you look at him on TV.
Speaker 4: It's like I can staying that guy and he keeps delivering any He's a dude.
Speaker 8: Did he cancel Christmas on it was Friday? It wasn't Friday that Friday? Yeah, he is?
Speaker 3: He is the Rangers.
Speaker 4: Deshaun uh Jackson, Yes, yeah, And it was Santana Moss to Santana Moss used to just like, yeah, yeah, two guys up and whatever, show up anywhere play the Cowboys.
Speaker 10: He I am so happy that the game and then he got the two in the end zone for fourteen thirteen.
Speaker 11: They lost.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yep, yep. So bad memories A.
Speaker 5: Wee chill weekend. Like you said, yesterday was just real.
Speaker 9: I had a moment where I was like, there's just nothing at Steak here for me.
Speaker 5: This is great.
Speaker 9: Like I didn't have to I didn't feel stressed at all watching football yesterday. That was nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was nice.
Speaker 5: I just enjoyed football.
Speaker 8: So I was a Dolphins fan yesterday for me two and a half hours and then I jumped off that train.
Speaker 4: Him fifty on them and it didn't happen. So what do you think about the Eagles because I thought, well.
Speaker 11: The officials were the Eagles fans?
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, stop, but you can't never going to blame a game on officials except the Raiders game the.
Speaker 3: Cowboys to was that two years ago. That was the most ridiculous called game I've ever I mean, but that's.
Speaker 9: I feel very seriously about this as someone that considers myself an upcoming analyst, I think it's I think it's hypocritical for us to say when people are like, well, the officials shouldn't they shouldn't be someone or a part of the game that you're relying on, or whatever the case may be. But they are a part of the game. They are a part of the game. They're and the rules, they're there, they're present, and their decisions and stuff that they do. It plays a huge role in again analysis because it's momentum changing. Sometimes it changes, it changes the game, and if it has anything that has influence on the game, I have to analyze. So I hate when when it's just one of those things where it's like, well, just throw the officials out there.
Speaker 5: No, you can't.
Speaker 9: I need to consider how their decisions and their calls change this game or how they just impacted the game. So for me, I'm like, I ain't never seen nothing like that before.
Speaker 5: And I do understand that they did.
Speaker 9: Have some some rules like cancel out what was it like, yeah, all seven penalties? Rather I understand that, but I was just like, very rarely do you see a team in the NFL this at this point in time, have no penalties or no infractions. So I'm not gonna sit up here and act like you know, I wasn't questioning what was going on. But Philly they did what they needed to win the game. They're weird to me. I will say this year they're less of this dominant force that you saw, because I do think that offensive line is not as dominant as as it's been before.
Speaker 5: But they're finding ways to win.
Speaker 9: They're finding ways to win games to where you be like, how the hell did they win that game? They look terrible that game too, and especially losing the turnover battle that typically means you lose. But they're figuring out ways to win games right now with new coordinators and stuff, and I don't like it. I don't like it, but they figuring it out.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Look, I'm I'm not an Eagles fan at all, and every chance I get to bashing my due and I won't waste this opportunity.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 8: Look, I think Josh mc not McDaniels. McDaniels the coach for the for the Dolphins, he did a horrible job. I thought that there was there were moments that he outthought the process of just doing what you do naturally. Their offense, I think runs a lot on is predicated on their running.
Speaker 7: Game and also they want to get the ball out to to Reek Hill.
Speaker 8: I thought a lot of that the offense that I've seen prior to the Eagles game, they kind of scrapped it defensively. Look, they left some things to be desired on the defensive end, and I think that the Eagles sometimes they outplay They outplayed them, especially with that matchup on a B on the outside. It just it didn't make sense the way they played number eleven. But look, the Eagles, as much as they are inflated, I see them as one of the top teams in the NFC. I want to give them the credit that they are due. But I also believe that if you look at it from that quarterback from Jalen Hurts, you see he's susceptible. He's making those mistakes, he's throwing the interceptions, he's not making great decisions with the ball. So look, it's just right on time for me. I can't wait for a matchup with them into it.
Speaker 7: Huh.
Speaker 5: It was to be expected a bit though for me.
Speaker 9: Him coming into this year, just because of the collarbone injury last year. I think that was a wake up moment a little bit for him. And I do think that a lot of mobile quarterbacks that come into the lead.
Speaker 5: Bucky Brooks said this to me at the combine.
Speaker 9: He said that every quarterback that is an athlete, they have to make the decision to be a quarterback that's an athlete and not an athlete that's a quarterback. And with Jalen, I figured he was taking that next step this year, especially with the injury. I think Dak did that in twenty nineteen where he took the next step and he became more of a passer and he did throw next to last year. That was the year he was highest and picks before last year, And I think that.
Speaker 5: The reason that's being is because.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they have to become a passer, they have to become someone that's comfortable sitting in the pocket.
Speaker 5: You can't take that torture. I think that Ar.
Speaker 9: Fifteen up in Indianapolis is figuring out right now that.
Speaker 5: You know Anthony.
Speaker 9: Richardson, it's it's a decision. It's difficult, but Lamar Jackson did. He started it last year, one of the highest years of picks for him.
Speaker 3: He's it's a transition to the next step.
Speaker 9: The next step for me is again when I hear.
Speaker 4: That, I think he's going to the next level. He's becoming a good quarterback. And you're talking about throwing picks.
Speaker 9: No, no, no, no, absolutely, And when you're taking the next step, it's being comfortable being a pocket passer, being accurate, delivering the ball on time. Because when you're running the rpo is great, it's fantastic. I think it's very but it can't be the determining factor of your game. You physically cannot take that as a quarterback doing that for years upon years upon years, And I do think it's very important for them to ease it.
Speaker 5: And I think that's kind of where we are with Dak right now.
Speaker 9: Where you're like, you're a fantastic passer, but you know, we still want you to run the ball sometimes.
Speaker 5: We still want you to have that part of your game.
Speaker 9: But it's important to me for them to develop into a passer also, even.
Speaker 5: Though they come in as passers. It's just perfecting it.
Speaker 4: Okay, I think where you lost me. You said them take the next step. You mentioned interceptions. You meant fewer interceptions.
Speaker 9: No, they're going to I expect oh yeah, I know. I with taking the next step, I expect more interceptions using the legs because yes, because they're they're getting a field, they're getting a feel for being a passer and being able to be accurate at all time. And I'm not saying that these guys don't have They have that ability, but a lot of the time when they're in college colleges rely upon that too. They rely upon their legs a lot. They're not going to be able to do that for the duration of their career if they want to last in this league because people are waiting to tee you up every time they get a chance.
Speaker 8: You know, I don't get caught in that. A guy is who he is. If you come into the league as a running quarterback. If you come in and that's who you then that dimension of the game has to be accepted because the NFL is changing. The NFL is changing because of guys like Lamar Jackson. His threat to run the ball is making offensive defensive coordinator stay up at night because when he decides to leave the pocket and run the ball, you're one on one.
Speaker 7: A safety is one on one with Lamar. I think when people.
Speaker 8: Talk about being on time and being a pocket pass so, yes, that's a dimension of your job. But I don't want to take that away from young guys. Yeah, young guys like Jalen Hurts. I think for Jalen Hurts, I followed his career since he was in college in Alabama. He was able to make the simple throws, the fade go, you know, balls like that. But now you know in the NFL everything is related to timing. When things break down, that's when you see Jalen Hurts at his best, creating, improvamizational. Those things I don't think you can ever take away from him because it makes him who he is and as dangerous as he is as a quarterback.
Speaker 7: Interceptions are part of the game.
Speaker 8: Ball gets deflected bad read whatever these things are going to happen. All I'm saying is for a god like that in his development from where he was last year to where he is right now, you see him kind of good. He's in a tough spot right now. So you know, I'm interested. I'm interested to see for the rest of the season how he develops or if he gets through this rough patch, or if he you know, if he tanks, if he goes any for I would love that, by the way, you know, I want him to throw three or four more.
Speaker 9: He's sliding a lot more. Yeah, he's sliding. Ont He's sliding a lot more. He's not fighting for those extra yards the same way he was.
Speaker 5: That's my point, Yeah, like.
Speaker 9: Yeah, is that he's I think that he's considering the fact that he's and when you mentioned the timing and also to the new OC, I think that matters too, Like they're still trying to figure things out. And so I mean, I think A. J. Brown is insane. He makes me sit.
Speaker 12: Ye.
Speaker 4: What the thing that scares me about them is they're they're doing it ugly and they're finding.
Speaker 7: That's what I mean is to where we're so used.
Speaker 4: Around here to finding ways to lose, right, And it's no you've I've been in it teers, I'm allowed to say yes, so I can say it because I've lived it, right, But it's it's frustrating.
Speaker 3: You know, even when we had.
Speaker 4: When Romo was here, it was you always seem to find a way to lose a close game or a big game.
Speaker 3: Now they want some close ones.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying every time, but it's just that's what scares me about Philly is it's not all clicking at the same time. But you know what they do have a hell of a running game and a hell of a defensive they do, and that travels and that that's that helps you in play off football.
Speaker 6: So it's gonna be where you think.
Speaker 3: They are right now.
Speaker 4: I would put I would probably put forty nine ers at one. I would probably put Kansas City and Miami's probably a toss up at two, and then probably Philly. I think any one of those other three teams could be interchangeable two.
Speaker 3: Three, and four.
Speaker 8: You know, I'm not going to even front man. I think right now the Eagles are the top dog. And the reason, yeah, I do, and the reason I put them there is that defensive front, and the forty nine ers are just as good. But when I look at the Philadelphia Eagles, what they have up front is really scary. It's scary, and they're going to be in a lot of games because of that defensive front. You saw the way that they reached havoc on the Miami Dolphins. And also another point about this is everybody's hurt right now. There's a lot of teams that are dealing with missing pieces and this next man up mentality doesn't work for everybody, especially when we're talking about offensive linemen. And so you saw that last night for the Miami Dolphins because of that push that they were able to get up front, they were missing some really key pieces. So look, let's see how this looks later in the season when guys are getting back healthy and teams are looking better. But right now, yeah, Philly is, Philly is tops.
Speaker 3: About you? Here's your top three three to five teams right now?
Speaker 9: I mean, I agree, I would say Philly is is because I do think that they can they can last without if their run game isn't doing everything right right now.
Speaker 5: I do think that.
Speaker 9: The San Francis San Francisco forty nine ers, their run game matters to them. Christian McCaffrey from not mistake and makes up like thirty six.
Speaker 5: Percent of their offense.
Speaker 9: So with him, I'm curious to see how he is come back. But to your point, yeah, Philly can dominate. That's how they win a lot of games. They can dominate the line of scrimmage on Bosa and shut you down. And even with their offensive line, to me not being as dominant as they were last year, they're still one of the best in the league. Easy, easily I means so yeah, for me, I would say Philly, the forty nine ers, the Chiefs, they're starting to figure it out a little bit. It seems like, especially offense, they're starting to figure it out.
Speaker 3: Oh, they got Taylor swift watching them every week. They got to show out.
Speaker 7: I love I love it.
Speaker 6: You're sick, do I answered?
Speaker 7: I love it?
Speaker 5: I love eyes listening.
Speaker 9: I'm sorry, girl, spare us please, I can't take.
Speaker 7: It show as much as possible. You know, the NFL is eating it up.
Speaker 3: They need we get you there every week.
Speaker 8: This would be a missed opportunity of your marketing team if you're not taking advantage of the Swifties and you got on the games genius, but it is.
Speaker 3: You know, Chris, who's your top four or five right now?
Speaker 11: Four or five?
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening to the show.
Speaker 10: Wow, you know, I was doing a little research. When was the last time the Cowboys had no penalties in the game? Never two thousand and five against Arizona Cardinals.
Speaker 3: Really two thousand.
Speaker 11: It was thirty four to thirteen?
Speaker 7: Was it here or there?
Speaker 11: It was home They had eight, we had zero. So there you go.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: No, we were just talking about our top our top five teams in the NFL.
Speaker 3: How would you rank? What would be your ranking?
Speaker 10: I would say San Francisco because I saw them live and they're pretty good. Yeah, Kansas City doesn't lose. It seems like when they don't want to. I mean like they could be down thirty and it's like, all right, let's okay, let's play.
Speaker 11: All right, go Philly.
Speaker 4: Taylor's here, Let's put the Travis go down the field.
Speaker 10: We have to be Philly right now.
Speaker 11: I think Miami is.
Speaker 7: Still in it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, for sure, Miami. Because here's the thing about Miami. If you watched the last I mean I was watching them two games that once. Last night I was watching the base all game and that game, and I felt like Miami left points on on the field.
Speaker 11: Like Tyreek hought the ball, dropped it, kicked.
Speaker 10: It in the end zone and he he was walking into the end zone and changed the game.
Speaker 8: As a as a former wide receiver, Chris, you know, he was already doing his backflip before he caught the ball.
Speaker 7: He was already in celebration.
Speaker 11: You can throw it out here, kicks it to the end zone.
Speaker 10: I mean, I swear, that's a scary game.
Speaker 11: One more.
Speaker 3: That's five. Four Fine, I only did four.
Speaker 5: I think what the Ravens is doing is yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think. I think.
Speaker 11: I think Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 10: I mean, when you're at it, when you're playing against the Detroit Lions and they have to switch you at halftime because I was watching it. I don't have NFL tickets. I was watching the network games and they actually switched off of Fox at half time. More competitive ouch because that game was out of control.
Speaker 7: Out bet you to see that coming.
Speaker 11: I didn't see that one coming.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 9: That surprised me because I thought Detroit has been playing really good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and they just think they came so good.
Speaker 3: They just had a bad week. Yeah, we've had a bad week happened.
Speaker 5: In the league.
Speaker 9: From what I know, right, I was, I was told that that doesn't stinker.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you go throw open the egg unless you know you're the Patriots.
Speaker 10: That one year, I mean when we lost, when we lost to San Francisco, went and looked to see what Kansas City's bad loss was.
Speaker 11: Last year was the same week.
Speaker 10: Actually last year Kansas City lost to Indianapolis too.
Speaker 11: It was like yeah, yeah, yeah, so.
Speaker 3: All right, well Chris, let's go to break.
Speaker 11: Let's go to break, Yes, go to break.
Speaker 3: When we come back, we're talking about football on hanging with the peeps.
Speaker 13: The fall is here and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it as you prepped for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties. Late your kiero but you're one stop desk for all things homegaming. Yokiro's fresh, flavorful, ready to serve guacamoli made with real hass avocados will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys. Yo Kiro's wide range of mouthwatering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section grab some today.
Speaker 14: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail game party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x's and od's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 12: See if Geek has your back. No matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are. So whether you're a diehard fan or a dog with a care fan, we got them next time fan, or we'll never win again fan here for the tailgame fan or a first one through the gates fan. The Seed Gig not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So. Whether you're a here of your week fan or haven't been here in years fan, Seed Gig has you covered. Download the seat Geek after day Seed Geek, You're a ticket the great Dallas Cowboys seats.
Speaker 6: How's wingstop sound?
Speaker 15: Crispy juicy classic wings made to order cook to perfection and sauceed tossed and those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with handcut, seasoned fries, housemade honey mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop Ranch, and of course spicy Cajun fried corn. I think you've heard enough, Get your flavor delivered at Wingstop dot Com.
Speaker 6: Back to Hanging with the boards.
Speaker 4: Welcome back to the second segment of Hanging with the Peeps, brought to you each and every day by Blockchain dot the Peeps.
Speaker 3: Thank you blockchain dot Com. Also our show, since I forgot the first segment, Each and every.
Speaker 4: Day is brought to you by Wingstop, where flavor gets its wings.
Speaker 3: All right, got those out of the way.
Speaker 5: What's out order?
Speaker 4: Oh, mine is either the Cowboy Flavor, the Dallas Cowboy Flavor, which is half hot and half limen pepper.
Speaker 3: And shake it together. It's really good. It's really so.
Speaker 4: Or I get half hot or medium, depends on how much I want to sweat, and then half limen pepper.
Speaker 3: The fries. They got the best fries.
Speaker 7: They have the best fries.
Speaker 5: What's your order?
Speaker 7: I'm vegetarian. His order is cell I bet you never been a fat vegan before this is this is current?
Speaker 9: No, No, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know what all.
Speaker 4: I can't keep up there no pascatarians and vegetaries.
Speaker 8: If it has a mom and dad, I don't don't want it, you don't need it.
Speaker 5: No, No, is that how long have you been? Being?
Speaker 7: Two years?
Speaker 3: Really difference? Oh yeah, I hear. It's like unbelievable.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, my doctor loves me. Yeah, my doctor loves me.
Speaker 3: Do you eat like plant based proteins?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I eat what I'm This year is my last year of the fake meat stuff. So I'm like, you know, it's like fake meat. Burgers don't taste like burgers. Don't care what how you're trying, doctor, I just don't. So I'm done with it. This is last year for that.
Speaker 3: So you're going to do you are going to eat meat?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 7: No, no, no no.
Speaker 3: You're going to go straight trying to fake.
Speaker 7: It, not even trying to fake it.
Speaker 3: Just pass.
Speaker 7: That's it.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 7: That's it.
Speaker 8: Sponsored by Wingstopgie they do and by the way, they have awesome ranch French fries and so yeah, we do French fries.
Speaker 5: Can you even do the ranch?
Speaker 16: Dary?
Speaker 9: Isn't it?
Speaker 7: I don't.
Speaker 5: I was just curious.
Speaker 4: That's cool, man, I know, Candy, Yeah, yes, you can't.
Speaker 17: Yeah, they talking to somebody that it's not strict, you know. It's like, yeah, man, Halloween, I'm all in. Let's go double all right, let's do something fun. We were going to do this.
Speaker 3: We ran out of time on when's the last time we were together Wednesday?
Speaker 7: Wednesday?
Speaker 3: Yeah, ok, yeah, let's do this. Let's go through the position groups, and you guys give me a grade. We did what we do last time?
Speaker 7: I don't know. Shannon, the host of the show, I know.
Speaker 3: But I don't remember what we did. We did the overall team, Yes, we did. So let's do position groups.
Speaker 7: Let's run through them, all right.
Speaker 3: Offensive line, heck.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna give this O line to c Yeah, I'm going to see. How come I see? You know.
Speaker 8: I think we haven't been able to get the running game going, and that's the biggest disappointment so far in the first quarter of this season, the running game has not been there. We've had some flashes, it's shown its head a few times, and then it's gone back in the cupboard. I think the injuries and God's not being able to have the synergy is is kind of made a difference. Now, I think after the bye that's where I'm curious to see where our health is and if we can get the running game going, that's gonna be the biggest component for the rest of the season. Can we get the running game established?
Speaker 9: Now, I'm gonna I'm gonna everything he said, it's correct, but I'm gonna go see plus.
Speaker 5: Given the fact that.
Speaker 9: Plus, I'm doing C plus because of the fact that.
Speaker 5: Noe the seed was what I was going with too.
Speaker 9: But I'm giving them a C plus because of what you've said, because of the fact that they've been able to endure some crazy injuries to start the year. We got to see some of these depth players, which I thought was important to me personally at the beginning of the year.
Speaker 5: So for me, I will give them.
Speaker 9: A C plus because I think that they've they've done what they could until they got these guys together. To your point, the run game is gonna be important going moving forward, But to this point, I think we've gotten to see a little bit of the depths and I believe that that's gonna matter later on in the seats.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right with it, Let's get to say the interesting ones for later.
Speaker 3: Safety.
Speaker 8: Heck, safety, I'm going to go, man, I gotta go be you gotta go be in the safety room. And the reason why I'm going to be in the safety room and instead of an aid because the safety group has done well. It's just we got victimized by the tight end in that San Francisco game and I can't live they can't let that one go. And that's where I'm at with.
Speaker 3: That, to be penalized.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, and I think look that game and also the Arizona Cardinals game. That those two games, I thought we saw the worst from my safety group. But other than that, man, I think this is an improving group. Jiron Kurts, he's he's the piece. Then I look at it. I'm like, man, you don't know how vital you are to this season because he's gonna be man the man on.
Speaker 7: A lot of tight ends throughout the season.
Speaker 3: Yep. Where do you put Marquis Bell? Do you put him in the linebacker group or he's a linebacker? Linebacker?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm gonna go be too.
Speaker 5: Dang it. Hefma going first.
Speaker 9: I'm he's saying all he's saying all the points but no, Yeah, I think this safety group, they're still I think people are starting to kind of figure out ways to attack your big nickel. I think they came out well this past week last week and they adjusted him. They played fast and then obviously Donovan Wilson coming back getting his legs under him.
Speaker 5: That stuff matters too. So yeah, I agree.
Speaker 9: I think that they've they've played pretty well to start the season. You're gonna need them a lot and run support. Move forward.
Speaker 3: All right, this was yours first defensive line, Tater Todds.
Speaker 9: I will give them a I give them a come on, man, I would give the d fitsive line.
Speaker 5: Actually, you know what, dude, I might give them.
Speaker 9: I think I'm gonna give him a considering it, considering Yeah, absolutely, I think this defensive line, the times that they've had to stop the run and be stout, they've done that.
Speaker 5: I think they've shown that they can do that.
Speaker 9: And then also to the rush of the past or they've been there and they're making plays when you need them to make plays. I like the rotation that they have right now from a from a certain standpoint, and Jonathan Hankins quietly has been so important to what they want to do. I'm very glad we've had him here to start the season and just not the end of the season too.
Speaker 5: I'll give him a right.
Speaker 8: I mean, you know I'm gonna be I'm gonna be on the defensive line. It's just look Mansie Smith. To me, when we drafted him, I am I and I envisioned him having more of an impact early than he's had. The struggles that he had through camp and the start of season. I couldn't have anticipated that. I don't think anybody could, right, It's just but but Osa diggi zul is a guy that I was high on coming into this season. I wanted to see him have more of an impact. Gallamore as well, that Chauncey Golston arms, Darrin's armstrong, that whole rotation I figured would be a lot more dominant than what they are right now. And that's awesome even so, and and and what I see, like he has those splashes where you're like, my god, look at this, kids like that's that's That's what I'm talking about, and him being one of the guys that I look at as a young leader on that defensive front.
Speaker 7: So, I mean, it's not a C. It's not a D, it's a B.
Speaker 9: You're passing, You're good, but I just need to see.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I mean, my thing is I'm looking for as much as we talk about Micah and the matchups that he's getting, I would have expected for more guys to be eaten by now. I would expect it for some guys to be really like high up on the sack tackles for lost column and the pressures.
Speaker 9: But I also think too, when they're going against these quarterbacks to get the ball out fast, it's it is far more difficult to be that impactful. And that's kind of the m MO against the Cowboys at this point. So, I mean, but I was I was, like I said, I was just surprised that you mentioned.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's it's it's not a thing where where I'm worried about him. It's like I expect ninety seven to be that dude, you know.
Speaker 4: Wanted them to be dominant, absolutely them to be step up with d Law, which, by the way, he's having.
Speaker 9: That's what I was about to say, I think d Laws maybe having one of the best years of his career.
Speaker 5: Low key, I mean, have you seen him, of.
Speaker 3: Course, is he completely healthy?
Speaker 7: This year. Don't know. I don't know, but.
Speaker 4: I know he's had the back issue and it seems like it's always bothered him.
Speaker 3: And he looks like he's looks he looks good.
Speaker 8: Yeah him, and look him against the run. I've seen those flashes where we've needed ninety to be the merch thirty guy up front and he's and he's proved it. I mean that's look, guys, just for me, like, hey, this is hanging with the boys. So there are no correct answers, That's what I mean. I mean, I've seen, like to your point, like he's been He's been awesome. He's been everything that we've needed up front. I've just felt as though when I'm going back and watching film and I'm like, man, Micah and these ones in these double team chipping situations, I want other people to get off more. I want other guys to have those be on that trajectory of having double digit sacks and just I haven't seen that happen yet.
Speaker 4: Okay, last one that we're gonna get a break, Aisha, this is an interesting one.
Speaker 3: Linebacker.
Speaker 9: Oh wow, I will give linebacker a A C.
Speaker 3: Okay a strong C strong so C plus Yeah.
Speaker 9: I mean, I'll give them a solid see yeah, solid see. It's just the aggressiveness and the consistency for me moving forward, I think these guys are seeing it, but I just I'm.
Speaker 5: Looking for them to attack more.
Speaker 9: And we got to see a little bit of that this past week with Marquise Bell and de Moont Clark. But moving forward, I just want them to fill with aggression and to be you know, their reaction to be to be violent almost sometimes like I'm just I don't want them catching and kind of waiting for the play to develop. If they see it, I want them to attack it a lot more because I do think this defensive line is working hard. So for me, I would give them a ceed at this point in junk sure.
Speaker 7: Okay, okay, just keeping it real.
Speaker 8: I'm going to d in this group and I said from the beginning of the season that this is a elite defense. What is going to separate them is what they can do in the linebacker room. And look, Lady, Vandersch played. He was having a good season, but just like some other guys up front, there was inconsistency there. I think the injuries that happened to De Marvey and Overshawn that that was a critical That was a big one because I think his contribution and as a rookie could have been something you never can depend on. But I'm just saying from where he was in the preseason, I think demon Clark when I watch him, man, I have questions about, you know, whether he's interpreted, if he's seeing it to play with that violent aggression that you're talking about, Aisha, I just feel like, you know, we've been missing that piece in the linebacker room, and I think when we go into the draft this year, that's going to be a position that they really look at strong because Marquise Bell is undersized for a linebacker and teams are going to discover that and run right at him.
Speaker 9: And fairness, you know, Rashaun Evans is a gentleman that plays with that aggression with He's a thumper with that downhill mentality. I wonder if his temperament kind of changes, how that second level feels.
Speaker 5: He has that ability.
Speaker 9: Watch quite a bit of film on him from last year. He also has the ability to rush and he is effective as a blitzer when he does it too so for me, and he's a veteran. He's a veteran he's seen it before, he's been around before, and I'm hoping that some of that that mentality that he plays with and that aggressiveness that he plays with rubs off a little bit of these guys are his influence influences that second level as well.
Speaker 3: So all right, let's take your last break.
Speaker 4: When we come back, we got some interesting ones to break down, including your quarterback.
Speaker 3: Want to hanging with the peeps.
Speaker 16: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 11: And they snapped the fresh guy who looks right, it's not there. He escaped, flapped. He'll look for a first down.
Speaker 16: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 7: Runs.
Speaker 12: Scott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 16: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot Com?
Speaker 6: How's wing stop sound?
Speaker 15: Christy Juicy classic wings made to order, cook to perfection and sausted, tossed and those eleven soul satisfying playlist paired with handcut, seasoned fries, housemade honey mustard, blue cheese or signature Windstop Ranch, and of course spicy Cajun fried course. I think you've heard enough, get your flavor delivered at Wingstop dot com.
Speaker 12: SeatGeek has your back no matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are. So whether you're a diehard fan or a don't worth a care fan, we got him next time fan or we'll never win again fan here for the tailgate fan, or a first one through the gates fan. The seat gig not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So whether you're a here of you week fan or haven't been here in years fan, seat Geek has you covered. Download the Sea Geek after they seat Geek, you're a ticket the great Dallas.
Speaker 2: Cowboys seats James right here. You're a twenty twenty two Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. Do you know how much I love my Cowboys and I am thrilled to be talking to you about the twenty twenty three Fan of the Year Award presented by Captain Morgan. We're looking for the to make Cowboys fans to spice up the game. That means you eat, sleep, and breathe the Dallas Cowboys. If that's you, or if you know someone like me, then go to Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year and you could win tickets to Super Bowl fifty eight and so much more.
Speaker 6: Enter today, back Hanging with the Bulls.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to the final segment, Hanging with the People.
Speaker 4: Brought to you into it every day by Jigsaw, the official dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys. And we are breaking down position groups man and what our grades are for each group. And so far we've gotten through offensive line, defensive line, linebacker, and safety. Now let's you know what, let's just let's just check the last, uh defensive position off. This is an interesting one. I'm interested to see you guys go first again.
Speaker 16: You get.
Speaker 4: Consistency here is going to be uh uh what I'm interested in your your takes.
Speaker 8: So the cornerback position, you know, I'm going to be minus here. I'm going to be minus here. You lead the league interceptions. You know it's got to mean something. I really think that Gilmore. He hasn't Without Trayvon Diggs, He's a different player. And you saw initially the way that that that tandem, the way that they played together, it was offenses were trying to find the weakness and we didn't have any. Now with him out there by itself, they're trying to take him on those drag routes, crossing routes and expose the old man. But you know, I think dan Quinn is going to find a better scheme, uh for him. But I think his I think his influence over that group. You were just talking about somebody who who yeah, Evans, and I think the same thing is happened happening with him and just his impact and contagious to the other guys, especially for Bland. I think his biggest contribution is the way that he's building to run Bland up. And so look that's that's where I'm.
Speaker 9: With them, Okay, but dang it, Yeah, I mean yeah, I would. I would two with them and just how well they've played and how they've adjusted to, you know, not having Trayvon Digs there, Because to your point, I mean, that's like taking away a part of the like a whole side of the field and with the deep overs and stuff like that. That's how that's how teams are attacking most secondaries now. So I do expect for dan Quinn to figure out something schematically to help that out, and it helps with that.
Speaker 5: But that's what I'm saying. That's so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, have we had an update on Trayvon?
Speaker 7: What do you mean is that for the year.
Speaker 9: He was on the sidelines last week, which I thought was a big deal the first time seeing them. Yeah, I don't know if he's at his surgery yet. I don't have no idea.
Speaker 4: Usually you don't see guys. That's two players I've seen on the sideline that have what, well what you thought could be not career but season ending injuries.
Speaker 3: Was Aaron Rodgers was on the sideline two weeks.
Speaker 8: Don't even get started doing No, I've never seen anything like that. I've never seen anything like that. And I have some friends that had an achilles injury and they were like bedritten.
Speaker 4: Even if you're able to walk, Chris, they normally keep them off the sideline just in case somebody runs into him or they can't get out of the way or something like that.
Speaker 3: Don't Isn't that the reason why.
Speaker 10: The sidelines pre game. I don't know where he was during the game. I didn't see him down there.
Speaker 7: I thought he was on the sideline.
Speaker 5: He was, I seen it. He was on the sideline for a lot of the game.
Speaker 9: I was like, oh, I'm surprised by that.
Speaker 3: Let's go to offense. This is this will be interesting.
Speaker 4: Okay, this is a great one because I have no idea where you guys are going to go with cool group.
Speaker 8: You go first, I'm going D. I'm going D minus actually minus. It is why so rough?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 16: It?
Speaker 4: Is it based off of what we kind of expected and where we thought they were and what they produced.
Speaker 3: Or is it just the is it all of the above?
Speaker 8: All of this group right now I really had high hopes for and it's all is not lost. I just thought that Ferguson would be more impactful. I've seen Ferguson and just the opportunities from last season that he had. I thought that he had way more wiggle and I thought he was more sure handed than he was. And then you have Luke Schoonmaker, who you go out and get second round. You think he's going to have more of an impact. Yeah, blocker, all that is great, you know, but I think for Dak he's needed we call it a security blanket. But guy that's in his line of vision when he's rolling out or he's you know, first guy he sees is the guy in the middle of the field. We just haven't been able to take advantage of that position the way that we did with Dalton Schultz, and that's the one thing that I thought we would have the upgrade this season. I've been definitely disappointed in the tight end group.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm probably gonna go D two with them even know then what they've done in the block and game's been good. But still I'm gonna push back a little bit with what your thoughts on Furd just because I think his usage says his usage to me has been kind of weird too, and so that to me is important. But as far as the tight end group as a whole, AO, if you look in at film, defenses don't care about your tight end room right now. And that's a problem for your wide receivers. It's a problem for your run game. It's a trickle down effect that people aren't really respecting what your tight ends are doing.
Speaker 5: They don't look at.
Speaker 9: Them as reliable they seeing the same thing we see, and they see the drops, they see all this, They're like, we don't care that you rolling this guy out here. We don't believe he can make a play, and that's a problem. I've been very disappointed, and not only the usage of the tight ends and attack in the middle of the field and some of that stuff, but I also too, from the opportunities they've gotten, they've dropped the ball. They haven't been reliable, and that's that's something I was not expecting going into to this season. I think he I think Dak has what three or four drop tds from the tight ends at this point, So I'm I need them to step it up because if they're If they don't, defenses are gonna still be playing your your off It makes it so much easier for people to defend your your receivers when your tight ends aren't doing anything that they care about.
Speaker 5: So I will give them a.
Speaker 3: D okay uh running.
Speaker 9: Back yeah uh again for me, it's shoot, I would give them a see, I'll give them a C C minus at that. Like for me, I don't. The usage has been weird there too, I mean, and we talked about the offensive line, so it's again, it's a machine, so we got to keep that in mind. The offensive line hasn't been cohesive all the way. But for me, it's just the usage of the running backs and then the fact that I mean, where's Rico Daddle. I mean we're using you're using TP and he's taking the bulk of the touches. But the times that we have seen them kind of collectively use the different running back even like in the Jets game where you got screens, you got things to the outside, they're pulling and pinning like that to me, to me is using them in different ways. I think that their running back room should be based off matchup.
Speaker 5: What is the matchup call for? How does does this? Does this team struggle with you attacking the edge?
Speaker 9: Okay, then I want to see some more Tonian banging on the outside of the edge.
Speaker 5: I want to see some deuce.
Speaker 9: But at this point, it's like I think they're trying to figure out who's going to be used for what and when and whatever, And that's a problem for me.
Speaker 8: That's a great point, But I shure I'm going f I'm going to ask that's fair.
Speaker 9: I mean, if you feel that way.
Speaker 5: I get you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm going I'm going that in that room.
Speaker 8: And the thing is, look, Tony Pollard has always been a change of pace back to me, and I think that's how he made these bones in the In the NFL, I thought it was a mistake going with Pollard as the one a running back when they let go Zeke, I thought that would bring in someone else.
Speaker 7: And I just look Rico Dalo.
Speaker 8: I've seen him, and I don't know if he's one of those guys that you classify as a run trick one trick pony. He's just a straight ahead kind of guy. I haven't seen any any wiggle from Rico yet. Now, I don't know if it's not that we just the The other part about Tony Poller to me is i've he came into the league as a running back that is a better receiver. Have we used him to his best ability as a receiver as well? So look, he's running his change of pace running style that I have become accustomed to seeing. It's changed because he hadn't had that guy that's been pounding the rock in between tackles and then boom in comes Tony. He's he's capturing the edges he's getting those big play yards. Just hadn't seen it, and so I've been disappointed. That's another group that I'm solely disappointed in.
Speaker 5: The usage's weird to me. It's been way to me.
Speaker 3: Took two more.
Speaker 7: Let's do it. Wide receiver, wide receiver. I'm gonna go.
Speaker 8: You know what I'm gonna I'm gonna go see in the wide receiver Okay, yeah, see you in the wide receiver room. Look, I wanted to see more from Brandon Cooks. We brought him in and everybody talks sel Cliche would take the top off and all this. Man, I just need him to be a playmaker. I need more playmakers, that's it. And we haven't had playmakers and guys that could take five yard eight, go eighty. We hadn't had those guys that are beaten double coverage. Ceedee lamb has He's gotten the double coverage and you've expected for other guys to do it. And I guess the grade that I'm giving him is based off of Michael Galla's production as well. So that's another wide receiver that I'm I want more from him, and so that's that's my grade.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna check on what he's saying, and we're gonna go with the same grade. And also too, I also want to see more Cavante Turpin too. Some of this stuff it's just the inconsistency from the usage and the way that these guys are making plays. But I also feel like, too, to your point, Michael Gallup, like I've been disappointed in his production, I've been disappointed in Brandon Cook's production.
Speaker 5: But a lot of this too, is just delay that things are.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have to say, all right, yeah, so y'all are pretty aligned so far, little discrepancy, but for the most part, all on the same page. Here's here's the to end the show, Dak Prescott, where you at on him?
Speaker 3: Heckma this year?
Speaker 7: Are you gonna make me go first?
Speaker 5: You want to go first?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that I am.
Speaker 8: Now, I'm gonna you know what I go, and I'm gonna go be minus. I'm gonna go be minus with with Dak. I think this Him and Mike McCarthy are tied at the hip on this offense and they're trying to figure some things out that help him. And one hundred and seventy five passes and one hundred and twenty five of them are when he's had he hadn't had any motion, any play action or anything, and I think that limits him as a quarterback. Defenses are not fooled by that, and then they want for Dak to be to think ham.
Speaker 7: Ship back and just throw the ball.
Speaker 8: So I'm sure that that's something strategically that Mike McCarthy is going with that They're gonna have to add more motion to this offense to benefit what Dak is doing it, especially now that Dak has is showing I will run the ball on you, so that bringing that aspect of the offense together. And I think the running game that I rated as a C is going to help him if it gets to a B RNA. When you get Tony polar Rico dall On, those guys running downhill, getting those hundred and fifty, you know, almost two hundred yard games, I think the passing game becomes that much more easy. So I'm going to be with him, be minus yeah, be minus yeah.
Speaker 3: What about you?
Speaker 16: I go?
Speaker 9: I would go be minus all things considered in them trying to figure out this offense. And I'm so glad that you mentioned the lack of motion and stuff. My homeboy, Skottwalker still says. It's a lack of conflict right now, and that's that's a big deal, is you. They're playing a lot of teams straight up on the offense right now, and it's like, Yo, nobody does that anymore. There's not that many teams who couldn't do that. You, not a Philly can do that. They can just play you straight up because they can win a line of scrimmage. For me, to your point, him sprinkling in running the ball this pass last week is I think a good healthy start to be moving in that direction. To put that on film and get some respect for these defenses because they're pressing you because they don't care.
Speaker 7: I would I.
Speaker 8: Would quote something that a homeboy said, but that would end the show. No, No, I'm not gonna off air.
Speaker 3: Li there without that worthy end anyway.
Speaker 7: So man, this was fun. Man, I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, hanging, Yes, come back anytime. We will be here at one o'clock.
Speaker 7: H hit the hit the collar, hit the collar.
Speaker 4: You know, Chris, thanks for keeping us on the air.
Speaker 3: Heck, it's been a pleasure. You should doing a show with you and hopefully we all work together soon. Absolutely, this was a very mild version of Hanging with the Boys.
Speaker 7: It was man, don't blame us, Man, don't blame us.
Speaker 16: Man.
Speaker 11: No calls from legal or.
Speaker 7: So.
Speaker 4: Ray shows tomorrow, same time, same place, Chris, thanks for keeping us on the air.
Speaker 3: Jazz, thanks for keeping Chris company. Brother Will still don't know what you do.
Speaker 4: Anymore, but you know, thanks for being around and we will see you guys tomorrow, same time, same place.
Speaker 3: On Hanging with the Boys is back.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.