Speaker 1: The nick A Gliser Podcast Nick Glaser pos Hey everyone, it's me Nicki Glazer.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: It's Nicky Glazer Podcast Special Edition, Taylor Swift, Torture Posts, Apartment gush Fest Part two. We're gonna try to get through as many songs as we can today, but you know, we get a rambling. We also have to like just cover stuff that's come up with the other songs that we covered last week because like we have new feelings about them as always, and by always I mean one other time. I am joined by the only woman in my life, person in my life who loves Taylor Swift as much as me. Nor Hadidi comedian nor Hadidi, Welcome back to the show.
Speaker 2: Nor.
Speaker 3: It is an honor and a privilege to be here and serve my country this way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, your country being Canada.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, you're my country being Swifty Swift dejastination Swift Nation.
Speaker 2: There we go, yes, yeah, well do okay.
Speaker 1: I want to talk about your life because you are the only one in my life who like there's a maybe a couple no, you like are the top spot, like if we're talking about like rankings, like you're my boy breaks his favorite toys and then like I have other people that are like down bad, which is like very high up there in terms of like liking Taylor Swift. But it's not like it's my boy only breaks his favorite toys. Is so far above you. You are, like, you're swifty on the level that I am. Do you have the swifties in your personal life?
Speaker 3: You're You're at that are level, You're at Nikki, it's only you.
Speaker 2: Really, what did you do before me?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: What did we do before each other?
Speaker 3: Okay, so a few years ago, this was pre pandemic, I put on I never told you this. I put on a Taylor Swift show on her birthday for her, so I know. It was on.
Speaker 4: December THIRTI like a comedy show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a talk show, and I had a co host named Adele, so her and I would message a lot. And I had a bunch of comics who love her, who wrote material about her for the show. So there's a comic Olivia Stadler, she was also on it. I know her, you know her? Yeah, I feel I feel like you would know her. So yeah, I had some people I could reach out to and talk to, but not at this level.
Speaker 2: Like what Are you on the subreddits?
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm on the sub are you?
Speaker 1: That's where you get where I get the like, that's where I get the Okay, I'm not alone in this obsession, Like before I met someone personally who was at the same level as me, because it just it's a disappointment when you see people in Taylor Swift merge and you try to strike up a conversation like the way that we want to have and they just aren't picking it up, you know, and and they don't want to go there, and they're kind of a little bit like, oh, I don't know about that or like, so it's it's rare to find someone, especially someone who's a comedian, especially someone who I just met through someone else. Like it's not like we found each other because of Taylor Swift. It was just so exciting.
Speaker 3: But one of the reasons, like one of the reasons I wanted to meet you so much was because I knew.
Speaker 4: We both had a love for her.
Speaker 3: I even because you did this really cool thing where you had a dance party during the pandemic and you dated all the money to an animal shelter, and I bought a ticket and I danced the whole night and I was like, oh, I.
Speaker 4: Just want to meet her. She's so cool. You just get you know, Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 2: That was so fun. Yeah, I was.
Speaker 1: That was when when my obsession was peaking, and obviously it was before Folklore and evermore, and it was just yeah, it was like fresh COVID and yeah I did.
Speaker 2: A dance party.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember staying at my parents' house and man that when that song came out. It like, first of all, when Folklock came out, they had a Saint Louis mentioned within the second track, and then they had to the damn season soon after that, where it was like staying at my parents' house and I was like, wait a second, on the same page here it was released. I think everyone finds little things like that in her songs.
Speaker 4: That wait, what she's reading my mind reference.
Speaker 1: Rebecca showed up Bie afternoon train. It was sunny, her saltback house on the coast took her mind off Saint Louis, And so we always get really excited when it's just like, oh my god, she's mentioning the city I'm from. It's I'd imagine, I imagine how it feels to be a Chloe Sophia or Marcus.
Speaker 2: Or a Era or a Hannah.
Speaker 1: Not really not those anyway. So Torture Poet's Department. We are now a week and half out of it feels like it's been a month because I've spent so much time with it. Are you having this thing where you're having to take breaks? Because it's not it doesn't it's hitting different, Like it's not. I don't have the Limerens thing going on, which is that like drug related type feeling that courses through your veins when you are first falling in love with a song, like it's starting the drugs aren't getting me high anymore? Like obviously I love the song, there's no question, but I'm not getting high from them. Are you having that and want to find for me? It's like maybe not necessarily the high, but because she pulls me in so emotionally, I find that I'm depleted after listening to the album, like because I'll put it on once requests and then I'm like I can't, Like this has just taken so much out of me. I need if you listening to the album and like all together, like you like go through it? You yeahs slight man, Okay, we're different kind of swifty because I know about you, guys. I hear about you on the subred It's like you're listening to the album and you're being drained emotionally, Like I don't know what that is. You must be in an extreme mpath.
Speaker 2: Is that something that.
Speaker 3: Maybe my sister is? So maybe I think I'm not to the extent as her, But I do feel things like and on this album more so than all of her other previous albums, because the the lyrics are what really shine through, right, Like the action I don't want to say feels the same because it's different for each song, but it's not like Midnights where we're getting a different kind of song one after the other. I find that in all yeah, like from the same emotional place and melancholic.
Speaker 1: Yes, And I don't know if I said this before, but like that whole argument that this all sounds the same, like I probably did. I'm so sorry if I repeat myself. I talk about Taylor swif constantly, so I don't know where I said each thing, So there might be some things repeated in this episode. And you can just like press the skip, you know, like go thirty seconds ahead and then I'll be done saying the thing.
Speaker 2: I just said.
Speaker 1: But for people saying this sounds the same if it sounded to Midnights, I remember the discourse around that was it wasn't cohesive enough, oh sounding too different. So it's like I remember that being a criticism of it. It wasn't a cohesive album, which is always like a word that music critics use to talk about albums, like it doesn't have a similar theme, And it's like, and now this one does, and people are like, it doesn't have any kind of nuanced it's not We're not on a roller coaster. It's like, but you complained last time that she did that, so kind of as the you know, I've said it before, but it's the point she makes about if you uh have enough fat on you to have an ass, you have a tummy, and if you don't have a tummy, then you're not gonna have an ass, and people will criticize you for that.
Speaker 2: So it's like you can't It's almost like you can't fucking win.
Speaker 1: Yes, so such is the life of Taylor Swift. But and yes, you're right, I guess I'm not drained emotionally from this album as much as I've been hearing other people like I definitely am feeling things and I think I just I'm sorry, Taylor, if you're listening, I don't think about your life as much as I think about my life, and like I I will, I'm obviously like I know you're happy now because of so high school and the Alchemy, and like I'm so I'm like, Okay, she's she's good and because this album's success, and I mean, and I don't know she's happy, by the way, that's me being Uh, she can do it with a broken heart. I can read her mind. She's having the time of her life. She could be not right now. We know that from I can do it with the broken heart because she can fool us. Yeah, because she's a fucking.
Speaker 4: Pro, because she's a master. But I am not.
Speaker 1: I'm not like, oh my god, I can't believe she went through this, Like I'm I'm sad that she did, of course, but I'm not. Like when we got off the podcast last week, you kind of blew my mind with how you were saying, like it really like it, like it makes you sad, Like you're sad after listening to songs like you get depressed wait, you don't. I don't relate to that at all. If anything, it like is a nurturing blanket. It's like someone like crazy, Like it's like laying in my grandmother's lap and her like gently like rubbing my hair and like drawing animals on my back. And I can guess what like the most comforting feeling. It feels buzzy. It feels like a narcotic. I'm not kidding you. I feel like I could just you could see me on skid row and like you know those memes where it's like someone's mainlining an iPod into their and that's that's torture Poets for me right now. Of like you know, probably seven of the songs last night, I learned Love of my Life on the guitar, which is very very simple, if you, if anyone here wants to learn guitar, it's very very easy. And it's and that's like and I was almost like making myself cry because of how like I was singing it.
Speaker 2: Like that was a that was really a cathartic moment for me.
Speaker 1: But I'm not having like, oh I'm so set, like I need to like someone to pick me up. If anything, I put this album on to like get me out of those moods that have nothing to do with her.
Speaker 3: So my question is, do you think because you have a musical background that's the reason, because I don't. I like, I'm like Taylor does what she's background? What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: I started playing, I started playing, but I sang in choir in high school. But I started singing and playing music only four years ago, less than.
Speaker 4: But you're incredible and your voice is amazing.
Speaker 2: That is really debatable. But thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Oh but I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't think I approach it from like I see that like I have synesthesia see it musically. I think it's just we're This is what I like about Taylor Swift. Our favorites, which we've ranked them, are so different the way we that she her music makes us feel. But why would you want to listen to it if it makes you sad? Is my point?
Speaker 2: Is my question for you?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it's almost like because I've been listening to her music since I was nineteen, and it's like she's opening up her diary.
Speaker 4: And how can I not is the question? How can I not.
Speaker 2: Like morbid curiosity?
Speaker 3: It's a connection I have to her. It's hard to explain. It's like I've been I've listened to every single song she's put out since two thousand and nine. I'm not going to stop now her.
Speaker 1: Even though it hurts. But does it feel good? And there has to be some component of it that makes you feel good? Why would you do it? You're you're just doing it because you're a fan.
Speaker 3: And you have to no, Well, you know what it's like when you're trying. You love a new song and you like even though whatever emotions it makes you feel, you still want to know the lyrics right. You want to get to a point where you know what the bridge is, you know what. So that's what keeps me listening. I think, is I wanted?
Speaker 1: You're trying to memorize it even though it makes you sad, Well listen, hold on. Who am I to judge you for doing something that ultimately makes you sad because that's literally everything I do is like it feels but at first it feels good at least, you know, like if I use drugs, if I drink, if I engage in texting people I should in or whatever whatever, Like you know, thing we do in our life that gives us a momentary surge like a drug. There is a depressing thing afterwards, and that's what I'm feeling with. It's just not hitting the same way where I'm like I need now, I need well. Thank God there's thirty one fucking songs because the second my boy only breaks his favorite toys. I haven't listened to that song in five days because I need to recalibrate. It's not like I need to build up my tolerance again. And so when it comes on, I go, oh my god, this song, you know, like I need to get it back. Music is one hundred percent like a drug for me. There's such correlations to it. And and and I was gonna say it's like having a crush on a guy like I said last week, like I was feeling like this weird feeling come over me of like oh my god, when I go home, I get to like text a boy I like, which I haven't been doing that for so long I'm in a relationship. But then I was realized it was the album. It was like, it gives me this look up the word limerence I had. I have limerens with these albums. But that's also a drug, like love falling in love with someone that kind of early stage. So this it and I mean it's so fitting because this album is about like using love as a drug to get over something, you know, to get over Joe, which everyone says this album is not about Joe, but it is because Maddie is a response to Joe.
Speaker 2: That is, it is about Joe.
Speaker 3: I don't think Maddie I did agree with it because it's she well she even says I took the miracle move on drug.
Speaker 2: The effects were temporary. Why does she need a drug to move on? If?
Speaker 1: If she's fine about Joe?
Speaker 3: I thought she said that she took the drug to get all over Maddie.
Speaker 2: Oh you think, Oh you think I think Maddie is the drug.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you. I'll tell you my thesis.
Speaker 1: Interesting, Okay, we when.
Speaker 3: Jack Antonoff posted brand Yeah, when Jack Antonoff posted the photo of her counting the raisins and said.
Speaker 2: Yes losing the night they recorded You're Losing Me.
Speaker 4: That was years ago.
Speaker 3: So she's been on and off and on and off and Midnight right, well, like you said, was the breakup album with Maroon, Right, it's different, you know, like and on Midnight Sweet Sweet, Nothing exactly the.
Speaker 1: Jeweled best believe I'm still a bit jeweled. And when the when I when I meet the band, they asked do you have a man?
Speaker 2: What man? Do you think? That was the night?
Speaker 1: I think it was the nineteen seventy five I'll say, I don't remember, like that is. When I heard that lyric, I go, what, oh, who is this about? We're not dealing with characters anymore in folklore. You know this is you, girl, And if I loved.
Speaker 4: It, maybe so bold.
Speaker 3: Both question and glitch are about Maddie and they were.
Speaker 2: On now this is midnights.
Speaker 1: Yes, well, she might have been talking to him when they were on little breaks, because as someone who has been in a relationship that ends and then gets back together and ends and get back together during those breaks, you often go back to someone who you possibly could have been talking to before you got together with that person, which is what we know from a lot of reconnaissance about Maddie. And so this is all speculating and we are definitely being Sarah's Hannahs right now. So I apologize to Taylor Swift for speculating. But girl, like I said last week, this is what you do to us and I'm sorry if it feels invasive. And I love you so much and I do the same things, and so that's why I love talking about it. Nothing you've done has ever been like I would never do that. I do all of it, and it makes me feel seen.
Speaker 3: I saw this incredible. I wish I knew who the creator was. It was a real on Instagram and you know, the one is also about Maddie and it says, what yes, yes girl?
Speaker 1: And why is she going to get out of the set list when she broke up with Joe? We all thought that was because I remove one not missing on thee She removed invisible string and put the one on because one invisible string. She sorry, sorry, she moved invisible string. You're right, I'm so sorry. I got those two mixed up.
Speaker 2: Forgive me sat It's okay, okay.
Speaker 3: Yes, So there was an incredible Swift who's like, can I ask you a question?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Because we all, I mean literally, whenever a question comes up on subreddit where it's like, if you got to ask Taylor Swift one question, what would be I'm always like, what does question mean?
Speaker 2: That's always gonna be?
Speaker 1: My question to her is like when I beco friends with her, I'm gonna be girl. Let's talk about question.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so the one in question or inter related, like there's a breakdown of how if one thing had been different, would everything be different? And the expansion of that lyric from one is all of question, like okay, uh question?
Speaker 1: Yeah, has anyone ever kissed you in a crowded room and all of your friends were making fun of you? And fifteen seconds later they were laughing to then what would you do? Okay? I thought question was about Harry styles. Do you know why, because in the beginning of the song goes I Remember, and it's about I mean, that's a callback to Out of the Woods, which we all know is about Harry. So at the very end he goes I Remember, and so I was like, Okay, that's definitely why would she put that in there? So there's a lot of that going on. Here's the thing about Taylor. It's like, until I become friends with her, I won't have these answers. Ever, we will never know concretely what is really going on, because there are there are songs. Let me talk about love of my Life first a second. I mean, we'll get into it, but there I don't know who that's about, because that has both Maddie, that has everyone in it, you know, like you can't really pin it down. So she's she's she's being vague enough, but then and then you get to thank you Amy, and you're like, well, this is very clear. So there's times where she's like so vague and other times are she's spot on. Okay, So before we get into it, which I obviously we're well in, but before we get back to the track we got through last week fresh out of the slammer, now, I just want to go back one second and say that I realized an amazing thing. And but Daddy, I love him. That, Like it's it's definitely about Maddie. And it's another one of these like, oh, she uses a music sample that sounds like the guy she's talking about. She did it and dear John with like the kind of like whiny like guitar bern now you know, and we're like, oh my god, that's a John Mayer guitar. And so she does that. So but Daddy, I love him. There's some drums at the very end that I want to play, and then we're gonna hear those drums somewhere else. Now I'm gonna play these drums. I'm not gonna play longer than fifteen seconds, so we don't get copyright. Oh wait, no, I'm sorry. It's my boy only breaks his favorite toys. Sorry about that, you guys. And if anyone thinks this is about Joe, you're wrong. Not that you would. Okay, sorry, keeping it one second here it comes. Listen to the drums, okay. Now, listen to the drums on the song the City, which is the song that she played and I got very much into because she played.
Speaker 2: Them at.
Speaker 1: It is the same drum. It is the same drum in the city. Let me play it her by boilin Brigs's favorite toys again. Now that that drum.
Speaker 2: Okay, one more time. The City. It's the same fucking drum, you guys.
Speaker 1: So that The City is the song that she played in January of twenty twenty three at the seventy five show. It is also a song that she was singing to in a video from like twenty fourteen when she went to one of their concerts, like she loves that song. I thought maybe it was probably like back when she went to his concert in January of last year when Joe and her were still together. I'm not gonna lie. I kind of knew things something was because I just I knew that she had like talked to him before, and I'm just like, we got this Midnight's album. I was feeling like Joe was not like I think that there were some little clues that things with Joe weren't good. The Bejeweled line all of a sudden made sense about like a band, even though that album came out before she went to go see them, And then I knew she was like just them hanging out and I was just and so I remember getting into the city and being like, is this about her?
Speaker 2: Like is she singing?
Speaker 1: Because how bad ass would it be if you if a guy ten years ago wrote a song about you and then ten years later when you're in another relationship and you're just friends or whatever, Because that's what I kind of thought it was going on. But I thought maybe she is the who knows. I go, how badass would it be to walk out on stage get a bigger response than even the person that they're there to see. Then you play there the song that he wrote about you, And I gotta say I like her version that she does acoustically. If you guys haven't heard it, you're missing out so much.
Speaker 2: Her version.
Speaker 1: It's one of my favorite songs out. I love their version, but I think I like hers more, maybe because I heard it first, but I just love her acoustic version of it. And so that is a huge hidden piece that I wanted to reveal that I don't think I've seen any tiktoks about or anything. So that was I wanted to go back and do that before war. And then I wanted to also say I'm okay, so I'm really into.
Speaker 2: Okay. No, we'll get into that later. Let's pick back.
Speaker 1: Is there anything you want to say about the tracks that we've all been over?
Speaker 4: Even though my.
Speaker 1: Boilely breaks his favorite toys? Can I ask you why that is in your bottom?
Speaker 4: It's not in my bottom?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 4: Wasn't it? No? I love that song?
Speaker 2: Okay good, okay good.
Speaker 1: And by the way, even if songs are in your our bottoms, we don't not like them, like that's the thing about Taylor Swift rankings like feel sad when you see a song its number. He was my other friend Brenna, my friend Brenna who is also for those of you.
Speaker 2: You know Brenna if you're listening to the podcast regularly.
Speaker 1: Andrew's fiance Brenna is also a major swiftye and her she is my boilely breaks his favorite toys at the bottom and she and her my bottoms are on her top. And that was so fascinating to us as we were talking about yesterday. Hey, Swifty besties, I'm back again. Here comes another commercial break, but we'll be back after it. Don't you even worry about it. Okay, let's pick back up. We are starting with.
Speaker 2: Florida.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Any exclamation points? Okay, featuring Florence and the Machine. Now Florence and the Machine. Does that mean it's featuring the whole band? Because I thought it was just featuring Florence. But I guess the whole band is there? Or is that what she goes by?
Speaker 4: Maybe that's what she's going by.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I thought her name was Florence Welch, but I guess that's what she goes by.
Speaker 2: Nor what are your feelings on this track?
Speaker 4: I mean, I love Florida.
Speaker 3: I'm obsessed with the production, with the lyrics, with with Florence on it. It is one of my faves. It's in my top five. I love Florida.
Speaker 1: Really Okay, it's definitely a bottom five. It is definitely maybe it's it. It goes number thirty one on my rankings. I have to say, I don't know what's wrong with me. I was on a swifty subreddit and not one of the bad ones. Let me just say swifty subreddit, I'm I do. I no longer participate in, definitely no longer participate in one that starts with a G, and I definitely no longer participate in the one that's swifty neutral, which is like people that are like, you know what, we're not gonna like just be sick of fans about her. We're actually gonna it is the most negative space. They are all obsessed with her, but they can't admit it to themselves and so and they're almost embarrassed that they're obsessed with her, so they have to take her down. But it's like that is an obsession in and of itself, and they just like to make fun of us. They like they're just it's the most And I used to just dabble in it just to see what people were up to that were on the other side of what I am like, you know, just be open to the you know, the don't closure or bipartisanship, like open your mind to their side so you can empathize with them even though you'll never agree. And I just I got out of it. I started, I got I'm unsubscribed because it was so negative, because it just is whether or not you agree with them. Just following a subreddit that only talks shit, which is so many subreddits, is bad for your health. And if you're a regular listening to the podcast, you know that I'm trying to avoid just like criticism and shit talking in any way, even though it's one of my favorite things to do. But they then read it just like starts like showing you posts from it, being like you might like this, and I muted them because I just want out of that. I just don't want any more negativity. But I did find something within the There's True Swifties, which are mega mega Swifties, and then there's the Tailor Swift subredd But if you want to if you want like nothing but gushy love all the time, True Swifties is a good one. But in Taylor Swift someone was talking about the album and they said Florida made them feel nauseous, and I think it does that to me too, but I think it's meant to because it's like it's like and Florida is. It's like the way she described this song is like that's where you go to like get away from the law after you've done something bad, and there's your bearing things and there's just it just it just makes me feel kind of I feel uneasy, even though I do recognize that it is.
Speaker 2: I mean, immediately when I saw the title, I'm like.
Speaker 1: Florida, like it's so catchy. I don't tend to like her like getting together with people and singing. I just like want her to sing the whole thing. If I think, and I love Florence in the Machine, I really am a fan, but I it's like two positives to make a negative to me. I just want Taylor when I want Taylor, and if she sang this whole song, I bet it would not be thirty one for me. But that but Florence only makes Florence's voice is amazing on it. It's so ghostly and kind of fits the vibe of it. Like I have no complaints. I don't know why, but it's just not my song yet. What is your favorite parts about it?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: When I first listened to the it's the one song I kept playing on repeat. Oh yeah, I think it's everything.
Speaker 4: Really like.
Speaker 3: Her, the lyrics, the instrumentation, the drums with the pump up.
Speaker 1: Yes, I mean there's references. I like how this it's cross reference. I mean we hear about Florida first in Fortnite and then yeah, I don't know if Florida comes up again, but there's we all thought that Florida. This track was gonna be about her breakup with Joe that happened, probably in Florida, because she was in Florida when we all kind of thought it happened. Yes, does Maddie represent Florida?
Speaker 2: Is that who Maddie is? Where you go after you.
Speaker 1: To get away from something, to escape pain, to escape some like is he Florida?
Speaker 3: I like that analogy. I can see that, Like what's your obsession with Florida?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: Why what is she trying to tell us in this? I think trying to tell dolls there? Yeah, well, yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Really love the lines that both her and Florence have where little did you know your hometown's only a place you're just a guest in, and then a Florence line, little did you know your hometown's only the place you'll get arrested?
Speaker 4: So I kind of like.
Speaker 3: That, Yeah, that, like where you live is actually what you think is permanent is only it's going to feel temporary when you, you know, make this big decision and decide that you have to go down to Florida. So maybe that's what it is like with Maddie, Like, yeah, I'm he's my Florida, this six year relationship that I've had, I'm only a guest in it.
Speaker 1: Oh fuck, Okay, can I just say my favorite lyric? I think I'm coming around on this song, oh way, Because I'm looking at the lyrics, I'm like, wait a second, I think I love the song all of the bodies that have ever been on my body like that is I know that part. People might make fun of that lyric and be like, Okay, you're just saying body a lot, But like, if you were gonna make fun of that, you should make fun of to the left, to the left, everything you own in a box to the left, Like you're allowed to say words a lot, yes, and.
Speaker 2: But that one is so funny.
Speaker 1: All of the bodies that have been on my body, like I want I want to hear Taylor saying that so badly. Even though it's a Florin's line and it's one hell of a drug. I love that it's one hell of a drug. Like, I like how it opens up at the end really big. Okay, I'm I'm a Florida stand now.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, top five.
Speaker 1: I really do like it, oh, because I know what this is what I do. Like, I'm open to being like I don't like things and then I look at them and I go, why why don't you like it? And then I really don't have any evidence to back it up. So I like Florida.
Speaker 2: I'm back in.
Speaker 1: We're going to get to my my number thirty one song, my new number thirty one song in a second, but not yet, because we're moving on to Guilty as Sin, which is.
Speaker 2: What I think it ranked pretty high up there.
Speaker 1: For me, it's so funny because you'll be like, oh, I think that's my top that's my number two songs, and then you go, oh shit, I have a lot of songs that are favorites, which is that's what this album is about. So for me, Wow, it doesn't even rank in top ten for me, and it's one of my favorites.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at my top ten list. I don't, I god, where is it for me? Where?
Speaker 1: Oh it's number eleven. Okay, so it's it's nearly there. But that's that seems crazy. I think my ranking's fucked up because Guilty a Sin is so good. I listened to it Saturday night. I had a claw Foot bathsub in my really nice I guess was Sunday night. Yeah, Sunday night at claw Foot bathsub in my hotel room in Omaha, And after my oh, Maha, I drew a bath and I like put on Guilty of Sin and I like pretended I was her in a relationship and like dreaming about a boy, and like I did not masturbate, but this is the song to do that too, because it's so funny. I was telling Anya about this song, and I was like, oh, you know, she wrote a song about masturbating to someone else when you're in a relationship and feeling bad about it, or not feeling bad about it, but yeah, feeling guilty of sin.
Speaker 2: And Antia goes.
Speaker 1: Do you think other people like look into these songs as much as you do, and I go, no, this is not me just like putting a spin on it.
Speaker 2: This is this is very clear.
Speaker 1: I mean, I will say when I did the first live listen to this album the night it came out, I remember people in the chat being like, Guilty of Sin is about her masturbating, and I instantly went to it.
Speaker 2: I was like, I can't.
Speaker 1: I don't think I think it was coming up next, but I was like that was like, I want to get to it now. I didn't skip to get to it because I want to listen in order, but I wanted to immediately because I mean, what what a subject. I mean, this is I remember when Britney Spears wrote a song about masturbating and it was wild, and now we got Taylor Swift for writing one and because that's what it is, right nor.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I just you're so funny. I just thought of the Brittany one, like, uh uh, I wanna go. So this one's like that one's.
Speaker 1: W that's not even the one. The Touch of My Hand is the name of the song. Oh and it is legit about her master.
Speaker 2: It's called the Touch. I think it's called the Touch of My Hand.
Speaker 1: But I'm sure she is a lot, but that came out kind of like I think, probably earlier than uh uh, I want to go go But touch on my hand was like I was in high school and I was like, or maybe early college, like whoa, I think it was early college, being like, man, this girl's talking about masturbation, like I don't even know how to do that yet, And I think it was the first time I got kind of curious into it. But Guilty of Sin Drowning in the Blue Nile, which is a album from or Sorry, is a band who has a song called Downtown Lights. So she's drowning in the Blue House. She's already listening to it. He sent me Downtown Lots. I hadn't heard it in a while. My boredom's bone deep, so she's bored in a relationship. This cage, we're talking about cages, which we heard about in but Daddy, I love him. This cage was what's just fine? Am I allowed to cry? By the way, I can't even believe am I allowed to cry? I wrote a song that is coming out May eighth, I think called some and You'll Die, And I have a song about crying in the bathtub, and I struggled for so long to come up with the perfect lyric for it, because it was about like trying to cry but not being able to kind of thing and fucking Taylor Swift nails. That's the what I was trying to do, is like, am I like I she was able to? Because I ended up just using the lyric like why can't I cry?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: But that was the same thing of like why why can't I cry? But she answers my question, I can't cry because I don't know if I'm allowed to? And I'm like, wow, is that's twenty years of songwriting ahead of me? Like her a like twenty years ago she might have written my version, which.
Speaker 2: Was can't I can't cry? Simple?
Speaker 1: I like, like just it's fine, it's fine. But that was that's the poetic mastery that she's achieved, Like as someone who is trying to convey the same image she conveyed it, that is so much more.
Speaker 2: Interesting to me. Am I allowed to?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 2: Why can't I cry?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 2: Like I think why can't I Cry? Is debut? And am I allowed to cry? As Torchure poets?
Speaker 1: That just shows like her elevation and songwriting, which is fine. I am debut, like I just started playing music, like I'm even less than debut. I'm like her like little CD. She used to bring them out into radio stations before debut, like that's where I'm at in my journey, not even there.
Speaker 2: She wrote way more. I'm like her.
Speaker 1: When she was twelve and got a she probably write three songs before four PM when she got her first guitar for Christmas. Have you ever seen that video where she gets the guitar for Christmas?
Speaker 4: Yesh, so cute, happy, she says that she's so cute. I love it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm dreaming of cracking locks. Okay, we see that imagery in the music video for Fortnite, throwing my life to the wolves or the ocean rocks. Okay, we heard about ocean rocks in uh the Rebecca wrote up on them where she's like, oh yeah, tossing herself onto the pacing the rocks and the men. And then she's and also in My Tears Ricochet falling like you know, she's she's jumping off of very tall somethings in a lot of songs, crashing into him tonight. He's a paradox. I'm seeing visions, am I bad or mad or wise? And then what if he's written mine on my upper side only in my mind? I mean that is, I would have dropped my mic if it didn't cost a lot. I can't even handle this lyric.
Speaker 3: It's so hot and the melody of it, the melody so interesting.
Speaker 2: God, what if he's.
Speaker 4: Written man on my upper thigh only ma ma?
Speaker 1: And then my favorite part, want slip and down the fu like that. Dun't dunt duntd That is so interesting and I cannot get There's a video of post Malone dancing that someone put to this song.
Speaker 2: And every time I hear want slip and fallen.
Speaker 1: Back into the hedge maze, I always picture him going damn dump and dancing. That is. I want to dance to this song so badly. I can't not wait to go to a Swifty single long. I cannot wait to go to aristour and maybe she plays this, but I doubt we'll get this one. Yeah, but who knows. I keep recalling things we never did. I mean, who can't relate to that where you're like, this is Limerens, dude. I've been talking about Limerens on the podcast so much. She is a limberhead just like me, Just like you probably where you have fantasies about someone and you go so far in your head that it becomes better than anything it could ever be between you two, like you closing your eyes at night to go to sleep, you on a plane. My friend Taylor has limerens too.
Speaker 2: She does it.
Speaker 1: It's like a drug that people do where they just fantasize and you don't jack off to it, but it's like you're just in your You're just it feels buzzy and warm. I think it's really bad for you.
Speaker 3: It's a coping mechanism, right, Like, Yeah, I used to daydream a lot as a kid, and I used to romanticize so much when I was a teenager, especially because I never had an experience, so I would just like like build it up in my mind or do things that I wanted without having to actually like be vulnerable in real life.
Speaker 1: Right, whatever made you do stand up comedy? Like what made you stop fantasizing about that? Because I think a lot of people have fantasies of doing something like being famous or like and you actually went and pursued it, like because I wasn't really a daydreamy kid I was. I've actually really didn't like daydreaming until recently because and I still only daydream about things that I think I can actually achieve. It's never something that it is unachievable. Ever, ever, ever, ever, I would never fantasize. Now in my life, I have kind of access to famous people, So if I was a daydream about Brad Pitt, I'm like, well, maybe that could actually happen. But when I was in middle school, I was not daydreaming about you know, right or Strong because I'm like, I have no access to him. So I daydream about maybe someone in my class that I but even in my class, I was like, I'm such a dork. I don't have a chance with that person. It would only I would only allow it if I could actually make it happen.
Speaker 4: Wow, So what made you.
Speaker 2: Be able to do stand up comedy? Because I'm guessing that's something you day dreamed about.
Speaker 3: Yes, I daydreamed about everything I wanted, I think because what made me want to do stand up is I just was obsessed with it, Nikki, Like, I didn't know it was an art.
Speaker 4: Form until I was in my obsessed shut up.
Speaker 1: I'm just like, of course, of course when you were obsessed, like we are obsesses. Yeah, yeah, but you were obsessed with it before you did it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I didn't know it was an art form until I got to undergrad. It in my dorm room, my dormmate was like, do you here, let's watch some stand up. I didn't know you could just talk into a mic and tell jokes like Jordither.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, so you really didn't know. Okay, you grew up here until when.
Speaker 1: High school, so like, okay, comedy really didn't.
Speaker 3: Know was sit coms, sitcoms and comedy movies like Steve Martin, you know, yeah, prety sure, like mad about you, fresh parents.
Speaker 1: You and you're friends with Marty I like they called Marty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would.
Speaker 3: I would die if I met Martin. It's incredible.
Speaker 2: I cried before I get though.
Speaker 1: I have this thing where when I meet famous people, I black out and where I met them because it's just too much for my brain. It's very bizarre, it's happened. It's happened so frequently that it's just it is of note, like there's something wrong with me that people that I'm really admiring of because I know I've met him no, you know what, Chris met him. Chris did Beauty and the Beast live and he played Loumire and he was in a meeting with him and David Allen Greer and it came out that he was my boyfriend and they were both huge fans. And he came home to tell me Martin Short knew who I was, and I was just like, and I met Martin Short another time. I just shook his hand really briefly. They were like doing a sound check at the Beacon Theater for their show, and Amy Schumer was friends with them, so we went and just watched from the audience, and I think we may have like shook their hand, but but anyway, that's that's really that's the same way I felt about stand up.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that it was.
Speaker 1: I mean, I knew about it because I grew up and I saw it on TV and stuff. And I have really a lot of intense memories of my dad laughing at Wendy Leeman a joke she did.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I love Wendy Leeman so much.
Speaker 1: Me too, Like, and she's still cranking out amazing jokes on Instagram, Like she's one of the best joke writers like her joke that is so subtle that you can roll your eyes at and be like, well, that's not that simple, or that's not that hard.
Speaker 2: It is hard.
Speaker 1: She perfected what I do so much now, which is just throw in one word at the very end and it changes the whole meaning of the joke. I don't know if she was the first to do it, but she's the first that popularized it. I believe her and Kevin Neelan and a little bit of David Spade on on you know SNL like I I saw the I saw the Body God this weekend and I want my money back or you know. But even like that's not even the perfect example. But her joke that my dad laughed at was you guys, I just quit smoking crack and she just said it like, you know, just that and then all of a sudden, it's like, oh my god, this will that little line. I just she's just amazing. I met my husband online.
Speaker 2: At the grocery store. You're like just adding those little things.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, she's a kind off stage like I got and it meant so much to me, and she was so kind, like, yeah, I will never.
Speaker 1: Every female comic who is truly great is really well, okay, I'm taking it.
Speaker 2: I just was like, just like I actually do really love some people that are totally not nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah okay, but okay, so back, And I want to say that actually Taylor Swift does the same thing that Wendy Lehman does a lot of, like just changing something at the very end, uh, loss of my Life. I think we all got hit over the head for that, Like we all thought it was love of my Life and then she switched it at the end and like, oh my god, through you know, but Daddy, I love him. No I'm not, you know, like that's not exactly it. But just leading us somewhere and then pulling us back is a really great device that she has used a lot in this album. But this song can I just interpret because some besties wrote to me being like, we need to hear your thoughts and guilty of said, I am so obsessed with this song.
Speaker 2: It is so hot, is so sexy.
Speaker 1: All of these memes that are like Taylor Swift's written a thousand, eleven hundred songs about boys breaking up with her, but none about giving blowjobs.
Speaker 2: Maybe is there a problem?
Speaker 1: Like people send me that one all the time because it's like it's one of the dumbest things that has ever been written. It's funny, I guess, like I you know, like if you it's the joke is she's getting broken up with because she doesn't give blowjobs, But like, who writes songs about blowjobs? Like besides my MILKSHAKEE brings all the boy Like is that even a blowjob joke? I don't know, but but it's the dumbest meme. But I will say Taylor Swift is very sexual and you can post all of her awkward dancing you want and say, oh, this girl doesn't have sex appeal. She one hundred percent does you have no idea?
Speaker 2: In this song?
Speaker 1: She's into some of the same stuff I think I'm into, And obviously I'm projecting and I want her to be just like me, and I want to be just like her, So I'm gonna find any way I can. So just know that I know that, guys, But what if he's written mine on my upper thigh? That is some bead sm stuff. And I'm not saying that she's into that. I'm not making any I'm just saying as someone who is into that stuff, who does like to be the sub and who does like people to like own me and be like you're gonna do this writing mine on someone's upper thigh, which is a very sexy area. It's like pretty much your vagina.
Speaker 2: Is so hot.
Speaker 1: And writing on someone, I mean that is something I only really see in pornography when they write on women and write things and it's just hot.
Speaker 2: It's ownership.
Speaker 1: It's like it's it's that subdom kind of Vie And and.
Speaker 2: Her song mine is you know, like I thought about that too.
Speaker 1: Oh, like it's reframing that a little bit.
Speaker 2: Like and she writes on herself all the time.
Speaker 1: We know that she's always written lyrics on her arms, she writes thirteen on her hands, Like this isn't like out of the realm for her, so like, of course, our girl is using that kind of same fun thing of like writing on yourself in a sexual way. And let me just say, what if he's only written mine on his She goes, if she didn't say he only has but what if like what does that mean to you? Like what if he's like why didn't she say, you know, he's only written mine on my upper side?
Speaker 2: Only in my mind? Or whatever?
Speaker 1: Like she could have just stated that, but she's like did it happen? And I maybe a miss Like to me, it sounds like did this only happen in my mind?
Speaker 2: Or did this happen?
Speaker 1: Could this have happened? Did it happen? Maybe? Like you know, she's imagining things they never did. So it's not saying that it's one of those things it could have been. I just don't know. What do you think, Nore?
Speaker 4: I agree with you.
Speaker 3: I think it's like in her, in her head, she wants it, she's fantasizing about it, and she's saying it. And anyone who's like, why doesn't she write songs about blowjobs? Like, first of all, this is an artist putting art out there. She does not need to do anything for you. All she needs to do is create art that comes out of her. That is her only job, whether you like it or not. It is not up for criticism or you know, when when I write a joke or I write an hour, I don't have like I work.
Speaker 4: I typically work clean.
Speaker 3: It's not a constructive criticism in any way to be like, well, why don't you write about that? Like the comedy that comes out of me, the music that comes.
Speaker 4: Out of her is her art.
Speaker 3: We don't get to judge it like that. We don't get to say you didn't do this, didn't do that.
Speaker 1: That's interesting because I definitely give her that. Like when I listen to her, I'm never like she owes me anything. Don't ever feel like and I've been really adamant about that. She literally owes us nothing. She could put out of, you know, a album of whale sounds, and we would all be like, okay, well not for me, but like you know, she could do the hundred three thousand things of like putting out a flute album, and it's like, maybe not for us, but it's what she wanted to do. Then fuck it, like no complaints and you can just say it's not for you, but she's allowed to do whatever she wants. Yea, I will say, don't allow myself that same grace. I feel like a lot of times and and it isn't It isn't nice to do yourself as an artist of being like I need to be more like this person. Man, I should have written a joke like that, like you know, I used to hear like Nikki, you only told a little bit of the joke. We want to hear more and there's something to that, but I always feel this pressure. Like this weekend, I was performing in Saint Louis, and I know based on you know, every indication. I get that when you go to a town, if you have jokes about the town, they love them more than anything else.
Speaker 2: You'll say.
Speaker 1: That night, you can have a closer that you've worked on for ten years and you're finally debuting it in the way that people haven't heard it before, and it's so perfect and people will not remember it as much as you making a little comment about how their drivers are bad on this so and so road, and everyone's excited because this person knows. They know about that road, they know about King's Highway, Boulevard or whatever it is. And so this weekend in Saint Louis, I especially my hometown show. It's a forty five hundred seat venue, which is bigger than anything I've ever played on my own anywhere really, and it was sold out. It was incredible. Thank you so much to everyone who came. So many Swifties, there's so many Swifties. But I felt such pressure because also my dad's there. My dad is always like, why don't you ever see anything about the tone. People love that, and I'm like, because I am, I don't care. That's not the kind of comedy I do.
Speaker 2: Like, I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm kind of like living life with blinders on when I go. When I land somewhere, I don't like look around like. It's not because I don't care, it's just the way my brain is. Like I don't really noticed differences in cities. I'm not interested in cultural differences or architecture.
Speaker 2: I'm just it's just.
Speaker 1: Not what I'm into. I'd like to go to my hotel room and sleep. And so for me to write jokes about a town, it stresses me out, even though I know it's what people want and I know, based on reading Subred and stuff O the comedians like when comedians joke about a town, it also shows agility and appliability of you being able to just come up with something on the spot. And that really stresses me out because I don't think of myself as like an improv person. But for this weekend in Saint Louis, I felt so much pressure to do Saint Louis jokes because I'm from there, Like, you don't get to excuse yourself and be like I just got into town today, Like I need jokes about Saint Louis.
Speaker 2: I don't have them.
Speaker 1: I have opinions about Saint Louis, but they're not like fully formed jokes yet. And so I decided to take the anti Hero song, which I know very well on guitar, and I pretty much just memorized her version of it that she played at the nineteen seventy five show. It's one of the it's the best acoustic. She's just incredible acoustic performances. Her guitar styling is simple, but it's not at all. It's like it's really hard to learn, like if you're a guitarist and you know your shit, Like people who don't know their shit say, like's they don't think she's a good guitarist because she uses a.
Speaker 2: Kpo or whatever it is. But her styling is just in it's off the charts.
Speaker 1: And I mean, this bitch learned guitar on a twelve string guitar because someone made fun of her and said, you can't do it twelve string, that's too much for you, and she goes, actually, I'm gonna get a twelve string and she was like fourteen years old, this is so hard to play anyway, She's incredible.
Speaker 2: I learned that version.
Speaker 1: I wrote new lyrics to ants I hear about Saint Louis, so I was able to make all and so I just was able to sing that song and get it out of the way so I don't have to mention Saint Louis.
Speaker 2: Ever again, and I can just do my act. And that was literally only the.
Speaker 1: Reason I did it was because I just obviously I like to sing and all those things. I just wanted to give the people what they wanted, right, Like I wanted to do it with.
Speaker 2: A broken heart.
Speaker 1: Not that I was broken hearted about it, but I just wanted to get that out of the way, give my dad what he wants. But Daddy, I love you. And here's the song, here's all the things about Saint Louis. And I went a little too hard, I think, because I called Saint Louis racist a lot, which it is. It's a very very racist town.
Speaker 2: I am not.
Speaker 1: I don't park take in that, and like I know most Saint Louis's don't, but you gotta admit it's weird.
Speaker 2: And then I also made fun of some high.
Speaker 1: Schools and and and just you know, I maybe went a little too hard on us, but people seem to like it. But it was me doing what I don't ever expect of Taylor, which is like, give me, give the people what they want, which obviously she does. She delivers all the time. But getting back into this song Guilty of Sin, I mean, my favorite part, I mean it's one of my favorites parts just melodically in the whole album. There's so many so I'll say this twenty times, but where she goes, uh, these fatal fantasies.
Speaker 2: Like the way she's just like in the it's kind of.
Speaker 1: Like like it's just so sexy that delivery like that is I'm not someone who knows how to talk about music theory, but there's something very interesting and different her voice in these songs, like she's really some different like she's just doing things with her voice she hasn't done before, but these fatal fantasies, and by the way, her range is out of control. I was, oh no, I was at the dentist on Friday and my mouth is open, there are instruments inside of it, and the hygienist and the dentist were talking about the woman that was in the chair before me, which is some old woman who was complaining about the music that was playing because she really likes opera music. And so my dentist was like, why didn't you just ask, you know, Alexa put on some opera music, and she was like, well, because I don't know, it could be like a kind she doesn't like, I don't know opera, so I just didn't so I just kept it playing. And then something she said something about She was like, oh, and she said that, you know, and we were talking about Taylor Swift and she was like, you know, saying like, you know, that girl can't sing, and fucking assholes, this old dumb bitch who is obviously very accomplished. She's an opera singer. The woman was like, an an opera singer or something. She thinks Taylor doesn't have range. You are so wrong. Have you not seen the tiktoks about Taylor's range? Yeah, it's insane. And not only does she have range, from what we've seen in different songs and we collected all together, she will go from very low to very high in the same song. She's her voice is so nuanced. She worked her ass off to get her voice to where it is. She already was a naturally very talented singer, as you can hear in her rendition of There's No Way to hud when she pushed my Love aside. She sings that like Sandy's song from Grease. There's like a recording of her singing when she was very young, and her.
Speaker 2: Voice is sick.
Speaker 1: Dude, it's so good. And that was before she had all this training. I mean, she probably had a little bit of training then, but after she performed at the Grammys and got panned by that guy who she wrote the song mean about, she did intense vocal training. And this girl, if you I've done I do vocal training. I know all the I look at Tiktoks constantly about singing. She has perfect tongue placement, perfect mouth opening, perfect breathwork. Like she you don't understand what doing that stuff is like. It is like you know, like you have to control so many different things and it's all mental right, like you're it's so much work. She's now at a place where she can just do it naturally, but to get herself there with so much work, I can't even do it. I'm a very hard work and I'm really struggling to do it. So she's you know, she's next level and her voice should not be fucked with. Like, no one can talk shit about her voice. You literally don't have a leg to stand on because it's incredible. And what she does in this album with her voice, the nuance and the emotion that she conveys, I don't I don't give a fuck about comparing her to Beyonce or Ariana Grande. Honestly, you can be a belter. You can have all this range and all these different slides and like all these things. It sounds great. It's so impressive. Especially looks impressive when you move your mouth around and you go and you put your hand on your ear. That's all performative. Taylor could do that too. I guarantee you Taylor can do it too. She doesn't do it because she doesn't need to. And also, those women obviously are the best singers in the world. But I find a lot more emotion in Taylor's voice than I have in their voices. And that's just my experience. People definitely feel differently, but that's the way I feel. And good singing does not mean you're just good at belting just because you're Leah Michelle doesn't like it's it's all over the place. Bob Dylan's a good singer, so shut the fuck up everyone, And I know no one listening to those things Taylor supposed to bad singer. I'm just talking into a fucking no.
Speaker 3: There was a TikTok or like an Instagram reel that was like, yeah, she's like not a and it's not even comparing her. It's like the way she sings is so emotional and makes you feel so connected, and if that's not the point of listening to music, then what is I mean?
Speaker 1: So I say this because when she had she had instruments in my mouth and she's talking to the dust and she goes she says her range isn't very good.
Speaker 2: I don't her.
Speaker 4: And I literally have to.
Speaker 1: I go, it's it actually is really really impressive range.
Speaker 2: That woman didn't know what she's going on. And they were like, are you a swifty?
Speaker 1: And I go, can you not tell by my hat and sweatshirt and earrings?
Speaker 2: And they were like and.
Speaker 1: Then the dental hygienist ended up being a major swifty. I kind of like asked her a little more questions. I'm like, bitch, what not bitch bitch lovingly because you're probably listening. But I was like, wait, why didn't you stand up to this woman because she's a client, Like you can't you can't be like, actually, she's a even though I would and I'd get fired right away. By the way, I do have torture poets merch. I got my sweatshirt, black sweatshirt, I got my I got earrings, which I'm obsessed with, their studs that say TTPD and then I got a hat and which I love as well. And let me just tell you, thank you, Taylor Swift dot com. You have stepped up the merch. This sweater on honest or this sweatshirt. I got a sweater for nor who's Canadian. It seriously got so many compliments this weekend. My boyfriend, who is like obsessed with aesthetics and obsessed with sweatshirts especially, and like the vibe of them was like he thought it was like Balenciaga. It's it's such a nice like it's and it's so nice. I'm never watching it because I just don't want it to lose. I've been just tied penning it constantly. But she really stepped up her merch. I think she read the complaints about like fading things and like, and I don't think we're paying more for it. I think she is probably taking a hit to make better, better made stuff. Because this this batch of merch was incredible and these earrings are amazing, and I'm dying to get the bracelet. I'm gonna get the necklace, and I want to get the shorts. I want it all. I want it all. Did you get anything you were like on stage right when it dropped or something.
Speaker 4: I'm so sad. I was literally.
Speaker 2: Sucks, I know, right when it drops.
Speaker 4: I know, and I wasn't paying attention to my food. I was literally on stage for twenty minutes.
Speaker 3: And then there's like I don't know, like I don't know, just like sit down, watched a little bit of the comic after me.
Speaker 4: Uh, because like, as a comic, you want to.
Speaker 1: Say, this is an argument to be addicted to your phone because you're going to miss these drops and you can't you can't get anything. Yeah, you can get the bracelet in the extra large right now. I can't do that.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: Even there was this really incredible jacket, the black jacket. Did you see that there was this jacket that had two patches on it. You could put the patches wherever, and that was sold out too.
Speaker 1: Damn it.
Speaker 2: No, it was back to the song.
Speaker 4: Yes, uh, my.
Speaker 1: Bed sheets are ablaze. I've screamed his name. The giving into the moons? Where's the moones? Thing? Giving way to labored breath? Labor breath is orgasm like, it's just it's so good, I can't I choose you and me.
Speaker 2: Religiously, there's a lot of our religious.
Speaker 4: Stuff going on, very false Gattie right from Lover.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, it really is.
Speaker 1: But I will say there's a lot of Catholic imagery that comes up later on. And I was like, is Joe Catholic? And he indeed is, And so I think we need to look into that a little bit. I think remember when she went to that funeral and she was like caught on a camera like on zoom like people, there's a tiny camera of her and she's resting her head on his is his uncle's funeral and his uncle was like this like kind of high up in the Catholic church. So he's Catholic. So I think there's I think there's someone should make a link to that. Hey, swifty Besties. One more commercial break, here we go. Okay, let's move on to Who's afraid of Little Old Me? Which is climbing my ranking so so much. I mean I am late to this. Everyone was on board with Who's afraid of Little Old Me from the get go. How are you feeling about it?
Speaker 3: It's in my top five for sure? Okay, yes, it's number two for me.
Speaker 2: So this is like, is it about Kim? Is it about like.
Speaker 1: The scandal was contained, the bullet had just grazed it all costs. Keep your good name. You don't get to tell me you feel bad. I mean, this is about someone in the industry. This is about her talk like her beeping from the gallows and levitating down the street, crashing the party like a record scratch as I scream Who's afraid of Little Old Meat? I mean, if you don't know that is a reference to like a witch being like Who's afraid of Little Old Me? It's like she's again being this like I'm lurch I'm a monster lurching towards your favorite city. It's like putting Taylor in this kind of like goblin esque like imagery of her being like ah and everyone's like kind of scared of her, And then I love the turn of you should be, because who's afraid of little me? Is a sarcastic thing, like who's like it's kind of saying it, like are you a scared of little old me?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: And then her being like you should.
Speaker 1: Be is like really creepy and really fun. And I was tame. I was gentle till the circus life made me mean. Okay, so she's admitting she is mean. She can be mean sometimes because guess what, her life is fucking crazy and no one else live or dead really can compare their lives to her. I mean maybe Michael Jackson at one point, you know, like it just there's it's just her. The circus, the industry has made her who she is. We took out all her teeth. I mean, who took out our who took out our teeth? I'm wondering what that is.
Speaker 3: Well, at first it was the record labels, who are like, you can't be political, right, you can't say anything about Polico yep. So it's like the muzzle that they put on her that she said she removed, and I remember reading on like you know that serious XM channel that she has that. This is a song about how society treats its artists, like what we do to them, we make them. We love to see them in pain because we want to see the art that they make when they are in that state.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't even know.
Speaker 1: That it's that, you know, it's probably a little bit of that, Like I don't there's there's a sick part of me that's like, oh Taylor went through this breakup, Oh my god, I can't wait for the album.
Speaker 2: We all have that a little bit of that in us.
Speaker 4: It's I think it's like we just like to see.
Speaker 1: We are all so miserable. We like to see people that we think are golden and have it so perfect. We like to see them suffer too, and it makes us feel less bad about not being as successful as they are. Like I think we like we build people up because we love to look at someone who's so glamorous in who we can kind of fantasize about having their life. But ultimately we are so jealous of them. We want to take them. We just we don't want them to be happy because we're so jealous, Like why can't that be me?
Speaker 2: At least?
Speaker 1: I that kind of resonates with a really dark part of my soul. Right, but I love the bridge, so tell me everything is not about me?
Speaker 4: But what if it is?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: You know, I heard some complaints in some you know, I was listening to some review that was negative, and I'm sorry I even gave it a view.
Speaker 4: But.
Speaker 1: It was saying like how how Like it was kind of making fun of her for saying this, of like you're such a narcissist, like you know, but she kind of admits. First of all, she admits to being a narcissist. She's, uh my, did you hear my covert narcissism? And then she says it again in You're losing me? I would maybe me either a pathological people, please are you know, kind of like giving into those narcissist vibes of like, there's something wrong with me a little bit at this party. I'm the best thing at this party. By the way, you definitely are tailor, there's no question. But I love that line. I love it because it also hearkens my god. I love how every lyric of hers I'm like, oh, it reminds me of this other one of you're on your own kid, of like you know, as search the party of better bodies and realized.
Speaker 2: My feelings aren't rare, or you know, you didn't care.
Speaker 1: But guess what when she's saying everything is not me or they said they didn't do it to hurt me, but what if they did? Everything kind of is about her, Like she's not crazy to read into things absolutely, and it gives me a little validation to read into her lyrics as much as I do, because I feel like I'm the person that's like, but what if this is about this?
Speaker 2: This isn't about Maddie, But what if it is?
Speaker 1: Like it's okay for me to actually go there too, Like, yeah, it's not And I can read all into it all day. She's kind of like giving us a little shout out here, I think, or at least empathizing with us making these wild assumptions. Yeah, and you wouldn't less an hour in the sylum that they raised me.
Speaker 4: Oh that one killed me. That line.
Speaker 3: It's like all the young female well you sent me a really great text that a friend sent you, which is like, what if this is about Olivia Rodrigo, right, And it's like all Olivia and all these other young female singers would not last an hour in the like toxic media landscape she had to come up in as a young woman.
Speaker 1: Which is so I think it's you don't know one would you know? Like yeah, And you know, first of all, a lot of women didn't didn't did come up in this and didn't make it out. I mean, like we know of Starlet's currently who are not doing well because they came up in this asylum. And so you know, Taylor is a very strong person. She's superhuman for sure, mentally physically like someone you know. Her trainer just posted about her workout and said anyone usually would do this would throw up every time, and she just doesn't, you know, like she really is. It's next level this girl. There's really nothing she can't do. I truly believe that if she wants to do, she could do anything she wants to do. I hope she never tries to stand up. I'll be so humiliated and how good she is at it, but yeah, like she I loved that. Monica Lewinsky posted a picture of the White House and wrote, you wouldn't last an hour in the asylum where they raised me under it and it's so good.
Speaker 2: That went viral.
Speaker 1: This weekend and then she goes I think this is where I was kind of thinking about Kim, because she's like, I'll sue you if you step on my lawn. Then I'm fearsome and I'm wretched and I'm wrong. Putting a cart narcotics into all of my songs like she got it kind of harkens to Thank You Amy, where it's like I wrote a thousand songs that you think are uncool and like, yeah, those things that people are.
Speaker 2: Like, why does everyone like her so much?
Speaker 4: What these like?
Speaker 2: What's what's going on?
Speaker 1: What is people really are like? Is there something going on that is more than the music? It's like, no, it's just good. Why she didn't trick us in any way? Yeah, that's so insulting to think that we like Taylor Swift because she's like manipulating us or something. She is a mastermind, So I mean, fine, manipulate me all day long.
Speaker 2: It feels real good.
Speaker 3: And here's the other thing, is like going back to what you said of well, when she's going through a breakup, we all know we're gonna have a good album. It's like, well, she writes things that we're and she conveys emotions We're not gonna get anywhere else in life. We're not gonna go to a movie, we're not gonna listen to another artist describe their feelings in the same way she does. So it's just for like a breath of fresh air, and it's relatable, and it's like, finally someone sees me and sees what I'm going through and puts it in such a lovely, melodically incredible song.
Speaker 2: Yes, I love the song.
Speaker 1: It's probably gonna be one of my favorites at some point. Okay, next up, I can fix him. No, really, I can. I was not feeling this song at all to the point where I like was every time it came on it was a skip for me. It's too slow. I need things that like get my fucking heart rate going. I want to feel stressed out, I want to feel anxious. It's too slow. Then someone really talked to me about it and convinced me that I should get into it, and I am probably halfway there. But it's it's it's not it doesn't. It doesn't grip me the way that it has other people. But I mad respect on this one. How do you feel about it?
Speaker 4: I love it?
Speaker 3: I love it and I like that she's saying. It's like a reply to everyone saying, oh this guy, your dating is horrible. And when she said, but your good Lord doesn't need to lift a finger, that line is incredible, right, And.
Speaker 2: I like that, Like, can we talk about that line for second?
Speaker 4: Hmm.
Speaker 1: That tells me Taylor Swift is not religious because your good Lord, Like it's not like she I'm sure she's spiritual, but it it made me feel good that, like, because I'm not someone who talks about the good Lord and stuff like, it made me feel good that she's talking about their good Lord.
Speaker 2: It does.
Speaker 1: It's not hers because our she would maybe say our good Lord if she was buying into this like pray for me bullshit. And I believe in prayer. I believe in a higher power and stuff. But I feel like Taylor's not like into you know, organized religion, and that kind of that lyric saying your good Lord kind of made me feel that. I don't know if she intended that, but I love I love that line as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and to me, it's also like you have God on your side. Great, I don't even need God. I'm gonna do it myself, like I know, how to fix this man?
Speaker 1: Uh huh, and the narcissism coming out again, which she definitely knows what she's saying here, which is like she gets to it, No, maybe I can't, And boy does she wait to hit that tee on the cant at the very end. I've listened to it so much because it she must have. She probably did it in one take. But that is a masterful that she does. Not just no, really I can't, like she goes can't. Yeah, but it doesn't sound like she's trying to hold it. It's just perfect. But I love how she goes on a six lade tix is ow way like I love it, like you know, the western drawl she's getting into. And then I also love his hands so calloused from his pistols, softly trace his hearts on my face for that For a second he was tracing hearts with his pistol, and I was like, that is so fucking crazy, but then obviously not and then yeah, I uh, I love it.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: Dopamine she's talking about, which is that's uh, yeah, she's a dopem She chases dopamine too clearly.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: Let's move right along to love of my life. Lo oml is really what the title is called. I love the song so much. It's so sad, it's uh yeah, it's just it's so great. It gripped me right away. It's a slow song, but it's just so sweet. And uh, I think it's about I think it's about m I really do I think that. And people and I've seen all of these lists of like this is about Jay, this is about em And I'm like, no, like you're getting these wrong. This is this is about em because mister steel your girl, then make her cry talking rings and talking cradles. I mean, I'm sure Joe talked about that stuff with her, but something counterfeit is dead. I don't think we were getting anything about Joe being counterfeit.
Speaker 3: No, And remember how I texted you about Glitch. Glitch has the word counterfeit in it, and Glitch is about him.
Speaker 2: And Glitch is about why do we know that Glitch is about him?
Speaker 3: Again, She's like, you don't live in my part of town because he lives in London, like and you know, and then situationship I'm in or depending what's in my system. It's like there have been in a ten year long situationship, and I think there's been a glitch. We were only supposed to be friends. Now I'm fascinating myself.
Speaker 2: I found another one.
Speaker 1: What nights just so storry? And then she goes, I thought I was better safe than Starry. I'd we're getting Starry twice, both in glitch and this. Yes, I love it's just you low down boy, you stand up guy. I like that, she says, stand up. I feel like it's the same feeling I got when she said Saint Louis.
Speaker 2: I'm just like, oh.
Speaker 1: You holy ghost, you told me I'm the love of your life. Okay, when, oh my god, my favorite lyric I think I just love. My favorite melody is Santa Phile in Black and White. All those plot twists Dinah might mister steel your girl then make her cry? But then I love, oh god, where is it? Oh?
Speaker 2: Where?
Speaker 1: She says, what a bland goodbye?
Speaker 2: Woof?
Speaker 1: And we we know he ghosted her. That's what we at least we don't know this, but that's kind of what we think. A bland goodbye that makes me think of ghosting and just the bland goodbye.
Speaker 2: She's so disappointed.
Speaker 1: Her her voice is just conveys so much disappointment, and just like, what the fuckness in this song?
Speaker 2: I love it so much.
Speaker 1: I'll never leave never mind like she's coming through all the lies. It's just so good. And then let's finish this pod on. I can do it with a broken heart.
Speaker 4: Oh what a good one.
Speaker 1: This is my number one right now, the bop of the whole album. Yeah, you know, it's giving us the beats per minute that we need. And it gets chaotic at the end. It turns into like a fun house Like I'm looking at the chords to play it on the guitar and it just changes into chords you've never even like see sharp major seventh and I'm just like, I can't even like. The song gets so insane at the end. But I love this song so much. Obviously it's about performing when she was feeling sad. It's obviously something that I sensed when I went to Aristur in June and July. I even said it on my podcast. There is like evidence to prove that I definitely thought she was a little bit sad during before she met Travis and post June early June break up with Maddie, and even probably when before Mattie even though I think she jumped kind of right into Mattie after Joe. I would just guess, because I think he was kind of, you know, on deck.
Speaker 3: They were already dating. By by April eighth, when the news broke that she and Joe had broken up, she and Maddie had already been dating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so she which is a very common thing. There's no part of me that's like, wait, what, how did you go to him so fast? Yeah, because that's what happens when relationships and you find something else. My old therapist used to say, sometimes you just need another lily pad to get you get out of the thing that otherwise you'll stay forever. Some people need it. Doesn't make you a bad person, you just need it. So if by any chance, she was talking to Maddie at the end of her relationship with Joe, usually relationships do not end until they've actually been dead for kind of like a couple months at least, So I don't fault anyone for finding people in that those months where people it's dead beforehand. I know it's not on paper a good thing to do, but I literally don't care at all when people do it. It's what they need to do to leave. It's too hard to leave someone, so like, I have no judgment if that's what happened. I'm not saying that's what happened. I literally have no clue, but I will say that there was no lily Pad after Matt Maddie jumped out, and then we had about a month and a half before she I think got into it with Travis and he you know, made the friendship placelets and everything. But this song, I just love watching the lyric video for it on YouTube that she made because it's just all footage from eras and it's really well done. I recommend it. It's like a music video for it because it's not like repeating the same thing as most of her lyric videos do, and it's just all like these classics.
Speaker 3: I haven't watched that. I'm gonna watch that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not it's not like just repeating the same you know, you know, fucking grass by a Lake swaying back and forth, which I love her lyric videos, no shade, but this one has different footage the whole time.
Speaker 2: It's really fun.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I mean, who doesn't really, I think everyone's been like Nikki, you must relate to the song so much, And yes I do, because I perform with a broken heart a lot, and not just broken heart, just like depressed or like whatever things. But this and and this reminds me of that moment in the Katy Perry documentary where Russell Brand breaks up with her and she's about to go out to perform for sixty thousand people in Brazil, like it's like a big, big show, and she's just like crying in the wings, like under the stage, and then all of a sudden, she like comes up in the lights and she's got like these swirling like whipped cream on her tints, and it's just so funny. But she's like crying with this ridiculous outfit on and then she just like lights up. It is like you know, California Girls or what. And she can do it with the broken heart. So some people have put that song over that moment, which I thought was really funny. Yeah, but yeah, this is she's don't worry about her. She can She'll always be able to give us the show, you know what I would have. I just want to know if she's able to like forget about her broken heart when she's up there, Like does the adrenaline make her have a really good time, because I do believe she's having a great time, but that doesn't And as a performer myself, when I'm really depressed and going through something, I think the adrenaline will take me out of it. Especially when I'm in shoe pain. My shoes will hurt so much off stage. I walk on stage for an hour and a half, they do not hurt at all, and then the second I step into the wings, they start fucking throbbing like I have to kick them off violently. And just two minutes, two seconds before, I was like, didn't feel them at all. So you can numb out on stage and have a really good time. I wonder if she's able to do that or if she's just truly faking it the whole time.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I can't tell, that's the thing. The only times I can tell is when she does the surprise songs and then we see a bit of emotion there.
Speaker 2: Oh, and then we see it breakthrough.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like when she sang what's that song she has with Zade Malick.
Speaker 2: I was there for that song?
Speaker 1: Yes, oh yeah, that one. Yeah, we all know it.
Speaker 3: The emotion she's in the green dress and it's like she's gonna cry.
Speaker 1: So think that one was probably June or July post Matthie Poor Travis, because I was there and that was like the month I was going a ton and yeah, okay, so we're let's finish on this. I have some questions from besties that I thought we could have just address. People wanted to hit these topics. Someone said, we need you to go through every album now, Yes, we totally want to do that. Someone said, how does Taylor have this many feelings for Mattie Healy if they dated for like two months. I think we all know the answer to that. It's like, I mean, I I could write so many songs about the two week thing that I went through because it was just so heightened and it went away so fast, and it was so disruptive.
Speaker 2: It was like it's like a car crash.
Speaker 1: Car crashes happened in like zero point two five seconds, and the immense damage can be done. But and you know, we got lover out of her love for Joe, and we got a lot of good love songs. But the there's just something, you know, I think it makes sense if you've been through it. I think everyone's talked about the sad nauseum online, but of course short things are going to bring illicit more emotions than long, steady, secure things.
Speaker 3: And over so many songs, she said it was like a meteor rise, and she's felt that she's never felt that before that one thing with him, and we know that it was a ten year thing, and she kept going back to him and comparing everyone she dated, that little stint she had dating him in twenty fourteen, and I it's the same thing. It's like, we can all relate to someone who, like you, felt so many emotions with it, went over it and died quickly. But it doesn't mean that it wasn't meaningful or didn't, like you know, mean as much.
Speaker 1: Honestly, it's just and again it doesn't matter it just because it did, because it was more. It just stirred up more emotions, because that's just sometimes there's not an explanation. Because it did, I can't help my feelings. I would also say that, like, you can't help what you feel if you don't understand that yet, Like you really need to go to therapy because it helped. It took me so long to figure out that my feelings weren't wrong that you literally have. Yeah, people try to go like, why do you feel that way?
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't really care about people's opinions about my feelings anymore. If I cry, I could. I get embarrassed some times, if I cry, if I get upset, if I get angry about something, but I'm not I can't help them. I'm not choosing to be sad right now. I'm not choosing to be depressed. I'm not like, no one would choose that. So you got you gotta really understand you can't help your feelings. It's not you can't help your thoughts. There's not something you're in control of, so stop trying to analyze it and stop trying to make yourself feel bad about why you feel this. Why did I feel so strongly about this guy that was only two weeks? Because you did, and because you're not in control up there, whatever, your feelings are not in your control. If they were, we would all be a lot like more secure and steady in our lives.
Speaker 2: But they're just not.
Speaker 1: And the Taylor doesn't have control over them either. Okay, so someone said, we'll get to the prophecy. How do you think this will fit into the Aras tour and this was written. These questions were written before obviously the Easter egg came out. In her video, her reel this Weekend or on her stories, we saw a torture to poet's department, thing on like a railing. I have to say, I think she's going but Daddy, I love him, little old me, No I can do with a broken heart would be hilarious. Yes, for her to sing at Eras, but I think she might go there. And I think my boy breaks is only his toys. What songs do you think? I think she's going with kind of my top three or four?
Speaker 3: Well there was. She added four or five songs from Tortured Poets to those Apple Music playlists, so people are saying that those songs that she added could be the ones that she's playing. I think she'll play Fortnite because it's the lead single, my boy only breaks his favorite toys. I think she'll sang down bad but Daddy, I love him, and.
Speaker 4: Hold on? Was there one more I can do?
Speaker 2: It would be really fun.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, those are my prediction.
Speaker 1: Someone said so high school guilty oft in what other songs are about? Travis guilty est In is not about Travis. It's about Maddie. Yeah, I would bet everything on that. I think Alchemy is about Travis. Is there any debate about that?
Speaker 4: Nor? Not that I know. No. I think it's been.
Speaker 1: Touched down let me she says touchdown.
Speaker 2: Let's yes.
Speaker 1: And the trophy I don't know the yeah in the trophy and then the end of but Daddy, I Love Him is also about Travis.
Speaker 2: As we covered on last time's episode.
Speaker 1: Do you think we are getting a third version of this album on May third?
Speaker 2: Nor?
Speaker 3: I don't know, Nikki. I know I'm supposed to have an opinion. I'm just so scared of this woman in her mind and what she puts us through that I think something is gonna happen on Friday, May third. I just don't know what it is. What do you think?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: I think so because this girl knows no limits and there is we have not still gotten the acceptance part of the Stages of Grief. Someone had written that out and was like, there's no acceptance part.
Speaker 2: I think I.
Speaker 1: Can't imagine that she's written more songs. But yes, I can, of course she has.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: It just doesn't feel like all the evidence that people are presenting does not seem overt enough, and Taylor is not She's cryptic, for sure, but I think that some people read into things a little too much and she's not that cryptic, Like she's not like everyone should be able to break the codes that she's doing, and some people are going really hard. I'm like, but there's a picture of her with him, and there's three of them, so that means there's a third. I'm like, no, I just don't see that kind of stuff. So I'm hoping I'm fingers crossed that there's more because I would just love for people to be like so like more, really like people who don't like her to just be like more because they're so jealous that they could never do what she's doing, which is put out three albums like they're just everyone's so anyone who talks about her is so fucking jealous, do you think?
Speaker 2: And I like seeing people get upset.
Speaker 3: What are the chances that'll be a reputation re record on Friday?
Speaker 2: That's a good chance.
Speaker 1: Although I don't think she would like lump this at like, let's give this why would she given take away this moment from this album? It's just came out right. I want her to wait on that because I want to have fun with that. You know, it's a even though this album does really remind people of reputation a lot, and we kind of be staying with similar themes.
Speaker 2: I'm guessing, but I don't. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just I can't take it. Someone just asked, what is the most part of the I can do it with the broken Heart? What lyric resonates with you the most? Do you feel this way too? You get depressed? You can perform with press.
Speaker 3: I'm so depressed diect like it's my birthday every day?
Speaker 2: Okay, what do you What do you think about that lyric? What does that mean to you?
Speaker 3: It means you're so it's living with depression but having to go on stage and make people laugh and live a.
Speaker 4: Life and be on social media.
Speaker 2: But what does the birthday part mean?
Speaker 1: Like, is she acting like it's a birthday to get out of depression or is she acting like it's a birthday because she has to perform and that looks like, oh, it's my birthday.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's that one right, yes exactly.
Speaker 1: That's what people I think are confused about about that. Lyric, and I want to actually say I agree with that. When you are performing, everyone's looking at you, everyone's admiring you, You're all dressed up, and it does feel like your birthday. That's why I don't like to celebrate my birthday because I get it so often. That's why I don't like. I don't want a wedding. I don't want I don't like parties that aren't like me performing because I'm like, I don't deserve this. I didn't I'm not doing anything so and every night does feel like my birthday.
Speaker 2: I get so much attention.
Speaker 1: So I think that's what she's talking about when she says I act like it's my birthday.
Speaker 2: It could be her.
Speaker 1: She really likes birthdays though, so it could be her being like trying to get her out of it, like, Okay, I'm trying to act like it's my birthday every day, but I think it's for me I at least relate to. I have to put on a dress and get all gussied up, the way I see girls on Instagram do only on their birthdays or special occasions when the girls are going out. I had to do that three times a week, yes, and say Hi to everyone, and like, oh my god, welcome to my party, which is a great, great thing to do, and it's so much fun because who doesn't want us to be the birthday three days a week? But that is what I think that is. And because I'm miserable and nobody even knows, I love that. I don't relate to that because people do know I'm miserable because I talk about it a lot, And now we know that Taylor is miserable. So like, I think this is a little bit reminds me of Thank You, Amy, where it's like she's saying a thing that we maybe used to assume but now we definitely know, Like where she's saying, like your daughter will come home and sing a song that only you and I know is about you, and it's like, no, everyone knows now, But I think previously that lyric would have been true. When she wrote it, it was true, but now that it's out, it's no longer true.
Speaker 2: We do know now now we can.
Speaker 1: I still think she'll be able to hide being miserable and we'll all assume she's doing great because she's so good. But I related to that as well, and I'm so obsessed with him, but he avoids me. That is crazy that she could be obsessed with someone and they avoid her. I mean, it's just that doesn't make you feel seen as a woman who's he felt like kind of ghosted or like been like he won't write back to me. Taylor Swift is like looking at her text being like when is he writing me back? I and getting these dopamine hits when she does see his name, like she's just like.
Speaker 4: Us, yes exactly.
Speaker 1: I liked so hard when I was at Eras in Melbourne because I was with my friend who we were you know, we were all gushing about Travis, and at one point she like, you know, Taylor left the stage to transition to the next era, and my friend was like, do you think she's backstage texting Travis like it's going really well? Which makes me laugh so hard because like when is it not going well for her? But like can you imagine her like someone handing her phone and she's like, we're just about to get to speak now, it's going really great, like like like like I would about something I was doing one time, you know, Like It's just that made me laugh so hard to picture her going like it's going so well tonight, even though I do this fucking three times a week and I've never once stumbled, and when I did, it was the cutest stumble ever. Like, I like those the Errors Tours compilations because they're so adorable.
Speaker 2: She fucking never fucks up.
Speaker 1: When she does, she just like says like my space instead of my face, and everyone's like whoa. It's like I she's just so flawless. Even her errors are like spot on and perfect.
Speaker 3: I've watched that video like maybe a hundred times the MySpace and then she giggles yeah and the dancers giggle.
Speaker 4: It's so good.
Speaker 1: Oh, And I've watched the first time she did uh he's he's on the guy on the Chiefs coming straight home to me. Like each of the dancers like sees her doing like realize, like hears it.
Speaker 2: And goes like oh shit, and they like, I'll react.
Speaker 1: That is such a fun one to watch too. Yeah, And when she like I hate watching her fuck up.
Speaker 2: I just don't.
Speaker 1: I don't enjoy. I literally kind of avoid them if I can. I don't want to see her, you know, step over words or whatever. And she never does. But there's that one where she's like, I keep this sut and she does that like sidestep and she slips because it's like raining and it's so cute and she fixes it perfectly and she just like kind of laughs at herself and it's just so cute. And then when her fucking heel fell off and she's walking around like it's still on, no one even noticed. That was amazing. And she threw that heel into the audience. I can't believe that heel hasn't surfaced and someone hasn't made like a video with it.
Speaker 4: But we got to go, okay, just so he does. He does, and he's never selling it.
Speaker 1: Oh good, I've never seen it. Okay, you got to send me that. Yeah, everyone, thank you for listening to this one. If you made it this far, you are true swifty. Keep sending me, you know, reels and memes that you see on Instagram.
Speaker 2: I love when you guys DM me those.
Speaker 1: I don't always have the time to watch them all, but I love any kind of Taylor Swift thing that you might you think that I might not have seen. Same with Nor follow Nor and oh you are h A d I d I Nora Hadid on Instagram. Thanks so much, Nor we'll we'll pick back up where we left off and continue on the next episode with the smallest man who ever lived.
Speaker 2: We'll see then.
Speaker 1: This was the Taylor Swift Gushfest, Part two.