Speaker 1: It's media podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Meet Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins. I am not your host, Spencer Newhart, but rather your guest host, Phil the Engineer full legal name. Today we're joined by Spencer, Brody, col Randall, Nate, Max Reva, and Corey Hey. If you've never heard of Phil's Trivia on Meat Eater Radio Live, you're in for a rude awakening. Buco because normally this is a ten round quiz show with questions from meat eaters four verticals, which are hunting, fishing, conservation and cooking. Today, however, this is a ten round quiz show with questions from the world of cinema.
Speaker 3: That's right, when the mice are away.
Speaker 2: The cheese will play, and there is a prize. Meat Eater will donate five hundred dollars to the conservation organization of the winners choosing. Now you may be asking yourself why is Phil hosting when Spencer, Brody, Randall, and Giannis are all here as well. Well, it's kind of a crazy story because last week I was having lunch with Spencer when the movie one hundred and twenty seven Hours came up. Spencer, do you mind if I tell the story. Okay, well, yeah, you guys know, you know, starring James Franco. James Franco did Danny Boyle Finer, based on a true story. A big boulder fell got his arm pinned on under the boulder. I was talking to Spencer. I was saying, hey, like, man, that'd be tough to do.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I think I might just die.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I could cut my own arm off, and h Spencer piped in and he said he wouldn't have to cut his arm off if he were in that situation. And I said, you know, okay, I'll take the bait. What do you mean And he told me he would just simply ask the rock to move. And after four seconds of awkward laughter, I realized he wasn't joking, and I said, Spencer, rocks aren't animate. They can't move of their own volition, their lifeless. They don't have ears or a central nervous system required to respond to you know, this sort of external stimuli. And Spencer just looked me in the eye and he said, don't act like you know them. He said, you fools will never understand them.
Speaker 3: I'll show you.
Speaker 4: I'll show of you.
Speaker 3: He ran out of the office. It was nuts.
Speaker 2: I called Shelby and she told me that he packed a bag and said he was taking the next flight to Salt Lake City. Well, anyway, we put out a message to people in Utah who might be able to head down to Canyon Lands and look for our guy. But we told him just to follow the scent of a burning Casey Musgraves branded a candle. Yeah, you be sure to bring a bone saw. But lo and behold they found Spencer, both arms intact, which makes me believe I think you made a new friend down there.
Speaker 3: Spencer.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, we're all happy you made it Backstation Sound. But amongst all that hubbu, we were scrambling to put a show together. You know, Rody and Randam were busy writing books. Giannis was zip tied to a treadmill training through his next five hundred K or some shit. So norm so naturally the responsibility fell to me. I'm sorry, awesome, this week's fake you coming.
Speaker 5: It's not that it's the week before Christmas break and we have to bang a bunch of podcasts and I just got my wisdom teeth out, so I didn't have a lot of time to write. So, oh yeah, I asked, Yeah, that's not how it happens.
Speaker 6: Is this after the wisdom teeth?
Speaker 5: When was it filled?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: It must have been after. How was that for you? I was it was pretty fine? Yeah, how did you get out? This is a weird story?
Speaker 4: Three three of them?
Speaker 5: They started digging for the fourth and realized I didn't have a fourth and they were looking at a different patients. X ray, I'm done.
Speaker 4: At that dentist. I was awake. Isn't that noise when the awesome?
Speaker 3: Did you hear it?
Speaker 5: I said this to my wife. I was like, can I tell you about it? And she's like no, But if she would have let me, I would have said it was really satisfying.
Speaker 4: Oh god, the noise it makes you because.
Speaker 5: You can't I was not knocked out teeth, No, And I forgot to ask that. I went into it prepared to ask that question. I forgot to you. So I don't have my wisdom teeth mine in a bag with all my elkive reasons.
Speaker 6: How did you find out?
Speaker 5: They were going off the other patients? The doctor came in and admitted it later a guy, we're done going to that dentist now, So I'm about to slack the Bozeman channel and say, hey, does anyone have recommendations that aren't this place? I have one for you, Okay, hopefully it's not the same one.
Speaker 6: I need a dentist too. I got ten years.
Speaker 7: But I have fantastic teeth jeans, so I don't need it.
Speaker 5: We also had a dentist win trivia one day, and I don't remember who that was.
Speaker 6: Maybe dentist.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the guy who's killed like ten mountain goats.
Speaker 8: Oh.
Speaker 5: I thought you're gonna say patients.
Speaker 7: No alliance Phil?
Speaker 5: What else you got over there?
Speaker 2: Today's IFA Hugh comes from Tyler Rosser. Tyler writes, we.
Speaker 3: Demand Phil playing video games on the company dime.
Speaker 2: There are threes of us. Wow, thanks Tyler? Is this a question?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Is it infrequent? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Here's a story after I put out a tongue in cheek call to action on med Eater Radio to write in and demand a meat Eater video game stream. Not one, not two, not three, Tyler, but like ten of you wrote it.
Speaker 5: Wow, I know.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to extend my thanks and tell you not to give up the fight. So I'm here today to make a second tongue in cheek call to action. You guys know that certain type of asshole on Twitter or wherever who will challenge someone to a bad faith debate by claiming that they'll donate money to some charity. You know, if if they if they accept the debate. Well, hey, meat Eater c suite suits, listen up, I would love to do a twenty four hour charity stream to raise money for the Meat Eater Land Access Initiative. I played the game Red Dead Redemption for twenty four hours straight with fun benchmark.
Speaker 3: Goals and special guests. Oh what's the matter you?
Speaker 8: Hey?
Speaker 3: I thought you guys cared about public land around here.
Speaker 4: Red Dead Redemption has some hunting in it, digital animals. We had a trivia.
Speaker 5: Question about it before. There's even a cutaway scene where you catch some poachers and you're you get to decide what to do with them?
Speaker 4: What did you do with I killed them?
Speaker 5: I killed them dead.
Speaker 2: That's a good idea, Thank you, thank you will great. That was fantastic. Listen up. All you listeners have to do is right into meat Eater at the meat eater dot com and ask for it, then get three friends to ask for it, and then they each get three friends to ask for it, and then I would think in one or two years tops, the name of this company is now game Beater and Steve's.
Speaker 3: Worst nightmares come. So I'm counting on you, the listeners. It'll be a blast.
Speaker 2: We'll want virtual mountain lions, catch virtual channel cats, and live at our cowboy fantasies as industrialization in the Western expansion slowly eat away at the last messiges of our withering way of life.
Speaker 3: All for a good cause.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's good.
Speaker 5: How do you raise money in a twenty four hours stream?
Speaker 2: Well, you kind of create like benchmark goals, Like so after a thousand bucks, I'll like, well, we'll do something crazy like on the stream, like you know, I'll take a shot of snake tequila, or we'll make Steve play, or I'll put on or you know, I'll put on a costume or something.
Speaker 5: And you know, it's like, well, it's like when people raise money.
Speaker 6: I'm running a five K.
Speaker 4: Yeah that works.
Speaker 3: It's like a fun ride.
Speaker 4: Well it doesn't.
Speaker 6: I mean there's no real logic behind it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just an excuse.
Speaker 7: That's great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anyway, that's a good idea. There's no housekeeping today.
Speaker 7: I feel like you gave away way too much of our internal process on how things get approved. Then you get three fronts.
Speaker 6: Send challenges to.
Speaker 3: Well, here's the thing.
Speaker 2: The Adrian index for this game is a nine wow, so our winners should get nine correct answers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, goes backwards.
Speaker 4: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: I have got faith in you, and with that we're onto our game of trivia.
Speaker 3: Play the drop me.
Speaker 5: Resigns, It resigns.
Speaker 7: That's real good. You're doing great film.
Speaker 4: A Shadow on the Walls.
Speaker 5: You're in the great game now in the great games, terrifying. I think and Nate are the two to beat today. Yeah, I would Nathaniel according to his board.
Speaker 6: Yeah, changed it up a little new funk shui.
Speaker 5: Okay, very pop culture of you.
Speaker 2: All right, our first three question round is called common Denominactor. I'm going to list three movies and I need you to write down the actor or actress that appeared in all three. Hopefully it'll make you go like that. The first films in this first batch A Love That Angels in the Outfield, Tropic Thunder, and Dazed and Confused. Which actor appeared in all three of these films? And I'm not trying to fake you out with like, oh, someone had a cameo or like it was on set that day. And it's also not necessarily the lead actor trying to you know, somewhere in the middle.
Speaker 5: Hmm, Randall, do you have this one? I have an idea, boy, Brody's got an answer.
Speaker 3: Angels on the Outfield is stump for me.
Speaker 5: That's a good one.
Speaker 6: Mm hm.
Speaker 2: Again, the films are Angels in the Outfield, Tropic Thunder, and Dazed and Confused.
Speaker 5: I thought it was gonna be like the first cover photo and I was like, oh, I know that guy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, like perfect.
Speaker 3: Does everyone have an answer?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, let's talking out. Let's talk it out.
Speaker 4: Oh you got this count, I'm ready to go.
Speaker 5: You have this one?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 7: I have no clue he's ready to go. Just by good name an actor that was in two out of the three of these.
Speaker 2: Nate, do you have any you've seen the movies? Any of these movies? Have any favorites?
Speaker 7: Tropic Thunder is probably my favorite movie, but I haven't seen the other.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna.
Speaker 7: Change my You haven't seen Dazed and Confused?
Speaker 4: Nope?
Speaker 6: Oh they're they're big gaps.
Speaker 5: It probably came out like twenty five years before you were born, though, Yeah, but which.
Speaker 6: Means one does not give that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so did cool Hand Luke like came out sixty years ago.
Speaker 7: Still have you ever seen it?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 7: Oh my god, great one, great one?
Speaker 4: If you if have you seen Butch Cassidy and the Sun Dance Kid.
Speaker 5: No, If you keep asking me these questions, you're gonna be real disappointed. It's gonna be no, no, no, I'm.
Speaker 4: Gonna give you a movie list.
Speaker 3: Spencer, all right, how are we feeling now?
Speaker 7: Real good, real good?
Speaker 3: All right, let's go ahead and see those answers.
Speaker 2: If you shant to put your boards at your respective cameras, we have, Spencer saying Matthew McConaughey, Reva with no answer, Cal saying Matthew McConaughey, Randall saying Matthew McConaughey, Corey saying Matthew McConaughey, Nate.
Speaker 3: Saying Jack black Jack black, Max saying.
Speaker 2: Will Ferrell, and Brody saying Ben Stiller. The correct answer is Matthew McConaughey. Webside of the room did very well, didn't.
Speaker 7: I made the mistake or reading that guy's uh buzz got it? I read it read it green Riots, Yeah, terrible.
Speaker 4: You read the whole thing.
Speaker 7: I mean, it's like two hundred and fifty pages, I mean.
Speaker 6: And half of it, just as Greenlight.
Speaker 2: Texas's own son, Matthew McConaughey, recently went viral after he shared his go to tuna salad recipe on the podcast Two Bears One Cave, where he dubbed himself the Tuna fish Salad master Maker. Going beyond the usual suspects like mayo, pickle, juice, vinegar, his recipe also includes wasabi paste, Italian dressing, red onion, Little Minnie Dill Gerkins, crispy halipano chips, Apple's corn, and the kicker for me is frozen peas, specifically frozen. How do you guys feel about that?
Speaker 6: Dip man sounds fantastic.
Speaker 5: He also said it needs to set for twenty four hours. Oh, then it gets that part. So there he goes that one.
Speaker 6: I would add chips at the end, so they don't.
Speaker 3: Well, so these aren't. So these aren't like potato chips.
Speaker 2: They're sort of like Crispy fried onions in jalepeno onions.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Anyway, The next batch of films American Hustle.
Speaker 2: X Men, First Class and Silver Linings Playbook. Again, the films are American Hustle, X Men, First Class and Silver Linings Playbook, all fairly recent films.
Speaker 10: We uh we saw American Hustle in the theaters with my in laws and uh we walked out.
Speaker 6: My father in law said, I hated that.
Speaker 3: I agree with your father in law.
Speaker 10: Well, he said, I hate mysteries, and we said the weren't any mysteries. Those are just plot twists. But he was just frustrated by the experience. I think it was over Christmas Break a few years ago.
Speaker 2: As soon is there something that he can't track or follow? Yeah, fust it makes him upset. Yeah, okay, hm hmm, What the hell is this guy's name?
Speaker 5: I'm thinking of the main day, I've got it. I've got two people. Can you repeat the question, Phil?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So one actor appeared in all three of these movies, American Hustle, X Men, First Class and Silver Linings Playbook.
Speaker 7: The hell's that guy's name?
Speaker 5: Now, maybe this is a hint, but if it.
Speaker 3: Was, I think I know where you're going, Spencer.
Speaker 2: There is some purposeful kind of you know, misdirection going on around here.
Speaker 5: Okay, Mmmm mm hmmmm, thinking.
Speaker 6: No, just going with it.
Speaker 7: X Men first Class?
Speaker 4: What do you got there?
Speaker 5: I've seen zero of these movies, neither of There are two reasons for Brody.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I know.
Speaker 7: I've seen two out of the three.
Speaker 8: Okay, oh oh, and I I think I know that person.
Speaker 7: Oh, I just can't. I don't know the name of the person.
Speaker 6: Draw them. Yes, spelling doesn't count.
Speaker 3: Just draw them.
Speaker 5: Randall and I were at the University of Michigan versus Texas Longhorns football game, and Matthew McConaughey was on the field as he normally was, And we were a stadium away, like a quarter mile away, and you could tell that's Matthew McConaughey right there. He he carries himself in dresses like no one else. Sure in that one hundred thousand people person stadium. I thought there was gonna be like a shining beam on him the whole time.
Speaker 9: You seem like an X Man guy. Where does the X Men first Class rank? And the millions of different.
Speaker 2: You know what, I'm not an X Man guy at all, But no, no.
Speaker 5: There in Michigan, he was there territory. What did the X stand for?
Speaker 3: Xavier? Doctor Xavier School for Gifted.
Speaker 7: Any more Brainbusters?
Speaker 5: I'm ready, I'm ready.
Speaker 2: How are we doing around here? We're good? All right, go ahead and show me your answers. We have Spencer saying Jennifer Lawrence crossed out Bradley Cooper. Reva wrote down Jennifer Lawrence. Cal says Jennifer Lawrence, Randalls says Bradley Cooper mm hmm. Corey says Jennifer Lawrence, Nate says Ianne Reynolds, Max says Daniel Spade definitely an actor, and Brody says Jennifer Lawrence. The correct answer is indeed, Jennifer Lawrence.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 2: The Bradley Cooper was in two of those movies with Jennifer Lawrence, but he was not an X Men first class.
Speaker 5: The question I was going to ask is if it was a woman, would you say actress or would you just say actor? And I'm glad reave it talked me out of asking.
Speaker 10: She couldn't have won Best Actor for any of those performances by the standards of the Academy Actor.
Speaker 7: That is that a football movie, no.
Speaker 4: Silver linings, playbooks like she's.
Speaker 7: Talking about in the microwave. That was fantastic, Thank God for me, I think.
Speaker 2: Was Everyone's got a great, a big acci. On top of her archery skills that she put on display in the Hunger Games franchise, Lawrence also skinned and gutted a real squirrel for her breakout performs in the twenty ten film Winter's Bone.
Speaker 6: Quote.
Speaker 3: I should say it wasn't.
Speaker 2: Real for Peta, but screw Peta, she quipped in a twenty twelve interview with Rolling Stone, and Surprise, Surprise, Peter responded, quote as Henry David Throw said, the squirrel you kill in Jess dies in earnest. When people kill animals, it is the animals who are screwed, not Peta. And one day I hope she will try to make up for any pain she might cause any animal who did nothing but try to eke out a humble existence in nature.
Speaker 5: Wow. I don't think that would talk me out of gutting a squirrel.
Speaker 3: I don't think it would.
Speaker 6: Know.
Speaker 3: I don't think it didn't for her.
Speaker 5: You know a lot of people lump like Hungry Games in with like Twilight, but I don't think they're even close to this. Enjoy Hungry Games, good franchise, all right.
Speaker 7: Woody Harrelson's inn. That guy's awesome.
Speaker 3: Last group of films, here we go.
Speaker 5: Hopefully it's easy.
Speaker 3: First movie is Road to Tradition.
Speaker 5: Well, I've never heard of that one.
Speaker 3: The Color of Money and Pixar's cars. Cars through me for a loop there, Huh, Road to Perdition, the Color of Money and Cars. I don't know.
Speaker 5: It was this one for you to make?
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 2: It was a lot more work than I was expecting. So it just made me respect you and all that the other guest hosts more.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 10: I know I've talked about the Road to Perdition on Trivia before, and if I remember correctly, all of my references for the actors in that film were wrong.
Speaker 6: I believe you corrected all of my.
Speaker 7: I think I remember this what you're talking about. There's just no way i'll remember his name.
Speaker 6: I was.
Speaker 5: I was with Giannis last weekend and he's got an upcoming trivia he's hosting the game or whatever. He was writing down trivia questions the whole weekend.
Speaker 7: That's a good trivia question.
Speaker 5: So hopefully I'm on that episode and I'll just there you go. That's the way to do it.
Speaker 6: Well, now that we know that you will be cured.
Speaker 5: Named that clear, and that's the way to write an episode. A lot of people ask me how long it takes to rid an episode, but I don't have a good answer, because a lot of times I just think of something and I put in my phone and then it winds up in a script later on.
Speaker 2: All right, one more time. The movies are Road to Perdition, the Color of Money, and Cars. One actor or actress was in all three of these.
Speaker 5: M hmmm have you seen all of these? Phil, I have rank them.
Speaker 2: I I have not seen Road to Perdition in a long time, but at the time that I did see it, I loved it.
Speaker 3: So I'd say that's.
Speaker 2: One color of money to cars three probably the order I just and then maybe that was subconscious like the other.
Speaker 7: Hit Man, the villain hit Man, and wrote.
Speaker 9: You gotta stop giving away details about the movie, like you might jar someone's memory.
Speaker 7: You want to know what I think your money?
Speaker 4: There are people.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh, I was gonna put lighty McQueen.
Speaker 6: Larry the Sorry, Phil, I just messed with this wire.
Speaker 7: That's fine, you're ready making sure?
Speaker 6: Good?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Oh yeah, how are we doing? All right?
Speaker 2: Go ahead and show me your answers. We have Spencer saying Owen Wilson, Reva saying Mater Cal saying Paul Newman. Don't know that, Randall saying Paul Newman, who just said they don't know, Corey saying Tom Hanks, Nate saying Owen Wilson, Max saying oh.
Speaker 3: For three, he's a right score.
Speaker 2: And Brody saying Paul Newman the correct answer is indeed, Paul Newman, you don't know fantastic, Yes, go to the growth.
Speaker 11: Oh that Newman.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't like his ranch, So that explains it? Is that actually him?
Speaker 3: Yes, it is? Yeah.
Speaker 5: Oh I thought that was just a coincidence.
Speaker 4: He said that that was that round when he was still alive.
Speaker 7: Sorr, I'm ruining fell script here.
Speaker 2: In contrast with Jennifer Lawrence, Paul Newman actually had an obituary published Bipedo following his death in two thousand and eight titled Paul Newman Remembered as Friend to Animals dude to his philanthropic Newman's own brand, which produced several vegan products and directed money towards animal protection organizations.
Speaker 3: All right, our next three round, three question round is called smilus or skirting the copyright. Hold on let me explain.
Speaker 2: For this round, I'm going to play you the chorus of three iconic John Williams penned movie themes, and you need to tell me the movie or franchise that the theme is from. That sounds kind of too easier to.
Speaker 6: Play it backwards.
Speaker 4: Oh well, he's saying it.
Speaker 2: Great question, random, I'm going to be playing these theme songs backwards. The audio is going to be reversed. Let's see your algorithm find me now, g man.
Speaker 5: Back masking.
Speaker 6: All right, this is great.
Speaker 2: The first theme, you need to tell me the movie or franchise. I will accept franchise that this theme song is from.
Speaker 3: Ready, here we.
Speaker 4: Go a little trippy.
Speaker 6: I want something to play this at my funeral.
Speaker 5: That is the Devil's music. Phil, all right, let's play that one.
Speaker 3: More time, showing it doesn't sound too bad.
Speaker 5: Phil, if you had to guess, is just gonna get copied, right, dinged?
Speaker 3: I don't think so. Yeah, Well, yeah, they're there.
Speaker 6: This is a brilliant segment to a lot of.
Speaker 2: Those put those those uploads people do where they just like reverse the image and pitched down the audio a half step or whatever. But I think we're fine.
Speaker 5: You kind of came up with this idea. Yeah, yeah, very good.
Speaker 3: How are you feeling? Room great?
Speaker 2: I like you answers Spencer saying Jurassic Park, We saying Jurassic Park, Cal saying Jurassic Park, Randall saying Jurassic Park, Corey saying Jurassic Park, Nate saying Jurrassic Park, Max saying Star Wars, and Brody.
Speaker 3: Saying Jurassic Park. The correct answer is Jurassic Park.
Speaker 6: I might as well leave that on the board though.
Speaker 7: For the next question, Spencer jinks, yes you know, now, Phil, is this actual?
Speaker 6: Is this the actual poster? Did you take a photo of the VHS tape in my office?
Speaker 3: Oh? That's the actual poster.
Speaker 2: Do you guys want to keep talking about that for about five seconds while I get everyone's scores.
Speaker 7: In sixty five million years last.
Speaker 5: Time ever, everyone in the room got a answer right and I didn't. I was the only person to get the next question right. Oh wow, watch out. Maybe maybe again. Also, I think the number is sixty six million years Jurassic Park. They just went for either the nice wrong, nice round number or they're wrong.
Speaker 2: Former resident and curator of Paleontology at the Museum of the Rockies Jack Horner served as a dinosaur consultant on all of the Jurassic Park films and provided the inspiration for the Sam Neil character Doctor Alan Grant. To hear more about out how Horner is tired of talking about Jurassic Park, check out episode three oh one of the Meat Eater podcast titled it Ain't just Chickens that are Dinosaurs?
Speaker 5: And I put him on the spot on that episode and said, hey, what would it take for a guy to get to go digging with you? And then he didn't really answer, and so then I asked him again and then he's like, well, I guess you could just email me. So I emailed him and he didn't answer, and then I emailed him again and he did answer, and he kind of gave me a hap Hazard invite, to which I said, I'm coming. And then I went and I dug for dinosaurs with.
Speaker 4: Awesome kind of against his will.
Speaker 7: He was great.
Speaker 6: He gave you a pretty clear answer.
Speaker 3: All right, Let's listen to the next theme played in reverse.
Speaker 7: A Great Movies of All Bomb.
Speaker 3: One more time, because it sounds so lovely.
Speaker 4: What you got there, buddy?
Speaker 7: What did I mean?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: Wow? Phil is is Cinema specifically your strong pseudent pop culture.
Speaker 3: I mean no, actually, not not really. You know, I'm not.
Speaker 2: I went to film school, but I'm not like deep in the lore in the history of the film historians. There are a lot of real dorks out there, and that who I respect a great deal.
Speaker 10: But this is probably your most accessible.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, for the true For those who haven't heard what I've been doing on radio live, as I've been doing like a third movie is a third music and a third video games.
Speaker 3: I mixed it up today. It's all all all movies.
Speaker 5: Have you guys seen the new Jeopardy, The pop culture Jeopardy hosted by Colin Jost Well Shelby and I watched the first episode and I said it's three person teams. I said a good team would be her, Phil and Randall. So Phil and Randall, you guys could go assume to l A and you guys could you can leave Shelby out of it too, You guys would be good Jeopardy pop culture. Now, she she covers things I don't know, but you cover things she doesn't know. Yeah, but I think those things Randal would So there'd be a lot of overlap with me and Randall.
Speaker 7: It's like there were looking at their wedding vowels right now, that's right, all right.
Speaker 5: How we feel and there's we were attracted to each other based on our lack of old don't pop culture go.
Speaker 3: Ahead and reveal your answers.
Speaker 2: We have sponsors saying Indiana Jones, Breva saying Indiana Jones, Caldi Jones, Randall saying Indiana Jones, Corey saying Indiana Jones, Nate saying Star Wars, Max saying Titanic that is James Horner, and Brody saying Star Wars. The correct answer is slapped. I'm sorry, Matt, it's just so fun readers, a little lost dark or Indiana Jones. Great job team drawing there. During the scene in the Well of Souls, in Indiana and Marian are trapped in a room full of snakes, producers supplemented the genuinely dangerous cobras and pythons with glass snakes or ophsaurus legless lizards that can be indistinguishable from snakes at a distance. Quote those literally could all those literally you could pick up and put on your lap. Actress Karen Allen told The Today Show in twenty twenty three, I remember sticking my finger in their mouths, just to prove to myself that they were as harmless as I was being told they were, and they were indeed fairly harmless. Really, do you have any facts about that animal? Glass lizards?
Speaker 3: Anyone know?
Speaker 5: They just look like snakes.
Speaker 3: They doesn't look like snakes. Yeah, all right, last question in this round. Listen up, m.
Speaker 5: Have I wrote this answer down yet?
Speaker 3: Phil hand Max one more time?
Speaker 8: M hm m h.
Speaker 4: I don't know, Yeah, you do.
Speaker 6: This is uh.
Speaker 10: I took a music class in college and we listened to a lot of stuff that sounded like this played forward.
Speaker 2: Sounds like a college music class. Yeah, this one seems to be a stumper a little bit.
Speaker 5: You don't feel confident, Yeah, I feel kind of cod I'm surprised at how similar these sound. But when you hear backmasking of like a C d C, it's, oh, you have no idea what you're hearing. Apparently the words of the Big Hang.
Speaker 2: A lot of his scores, especially the ones that were written around the same time, sound very similar. He definitely worked in modes throughout his career, and also a lot of his stuff kind of uses similar things.
Speaker 10: I thought the Timpany in the Jurassic Park theme song was just a dead giveaway. Right at the end of that clip, you play that Tempany comes in and.
Speaker 5: Oh God, sounds like sounds like in college.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, all right, Wow, I feel feel good about this one.
Speaker 6: Oh I could just got mark.
Speaker 5: Are there ten questions film?
Speaker 3: There are ten? We have four more after this. I'm going to do a scoreboard update after this question.
Speaker 10: In the future when you when you leave your uncapped marker in my presence, please don't put it point.
Speaker 5: Up like this.
Speaker 6: You have to wash my hands God for the.
Speaker 2: First time today. All right, I'm gonna wrap it up here. Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Spencer saying Harry Potter, Reva saying Harry Potter, Cal saying e T. Randall saying Star Wars, Corey saying Star Wars, Nate saying Harry Potter, Max saying Tommy Boy, it's your closest one yet, Brody saying Harry Potter. The correct answer is Harry Potter. I was being facetious. The actual title of this song is Hedwig's theme name for Harry Snowy Owl that appears in the first book and movie. Sure After some inaccuracies were pointed out in her descriptions of the owl's behavior, Potter author JK. Rowling responded, quote, I made a few elementary mistakes when it came to my depiction of Hegwood Hedwig. Firstly, snowy owls are diurnal, they fly by day. Secondly, they are virtually mute, so Hedwig's frequents frequent hoots and chirrups of approval and comfort, should be taking the signs of her magically enhanced abilities. Thirdly, as countless well meeting owl lovers and experts keep writing into me in the early days, owls do not eat bacon.
Speaker 3: He would feed her bacon all the time.
Speaker 7: I bet an owl.
Speaker 5: Sure, Yeah, Philly, you have a fantastic Beasts fan.
Speaker 3: I like the first movies. The other ones are not good.
Speaker 5: Couldn't that owl just have been a fantastic beast? Wouldn't that have been clean?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Probably, and then she wouldn't had complaints.
Speaker 7: Now, there's so many ways for me to weigh in on this conversation.
Speaker 3: I'll just next question, please keep the timeline, sure, I'll just not.
Speaker 2: Well, that's about halfway through the game, maybe a little over, don't worry. I'm not gonna keep you here for too long. Let's look at the scoreboard really quick. Maximilian, you have zero points.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you. I'm glad you're here though. I always love seeing you.
Speaker 5: Oh, I love providing comedic relief.
Speaker 3: Nate has two points.
Speaker 2: Reeve A, Corey, and Brody all have four points apiece and tied up in first place. Our Spencer and Randall.
Speaker 3: Phil are you sure that I'm pretty? Questions and and Cal there? Yeah, there have been six questions.
Speaker 6: Oh I've gotten more than one wrong.
Speaker 7: Have you?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I don't think you have the Harry Potter.
Speaker 6: And the Jennifer Lawrence.
Speaker 4: Now there's an honest man for you.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: This is four point on the show.
Speaker 3: There you are. I appreciate that, right.
Speaker 6: I might have even gotten another one wrong, but let's just stick with that.
Speaker 5: Did you get Indiana Jones?
Speaker 6: Yes, in Jurassic Park?
Speaker 11: Okay, cool, appreciate it well.
Speaker 2: Our final Roundey will consist of four questions and is titled Posting on Maine.
Speaker 7: I feel like Harry Potter after you have Indiana Jones under your belt, is just.
Speaker 3: Like I'm I'm spanning generations here, Cal.
Speaker 7: That's right, Williams.
Speaker 5: You'll cool sunburn there, Rana.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and I actually photoshopped a bunch of milk out of this photo.
Speaker 5: Well you did.
Speaker 10: Yeah, there's a stream of milt all down my belly and leg from this fish.
Speaker 3: It looks seamless.
Speaker 2: Don't double tap that screen. I'm not talking about that kind of post. I am going to show you a cropped and zoomed in portion of an iconic movie poster, and I need you to tell me what movie you believe the poster is advertising. I did not write any follow up factoids to half acidly tie these moved into our four verticals this time. But the theme of my images is eyes and animals have eyes, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, some of them?
Speaker 11: There you go, so it's good. The first photo, what movie?
Speaker 3: Is this?
Speaker 2: Image from a movie poster? The movie poster for the movie we will not be accepting the actor? And can does anyone?
Speaker 7: What's the point of this? I think I wasn't paying attention.
Speaker 3: It's cinema col.
Speaker 4: Poster?
Speaker 5: Is that from it's zoomed in?
Speaker 2: And are the words accurate on it? The words are a part of the poster. The words are a part of the poster.
Speaker 5: I think I got a good answer.
Speaker 3: Does someone want to describe what we're looking at for the audio listeners.
Speaker 5: It says looks like five million friends. Wrong again, million looks like a Caucasian male about twenty four years old.
Speaker 6: Those brown or hazel eyes, I think they're blue.
Speaker 5: I think he's kind of got a Mona Lisa thing going on, piercing. We don't know if he's smiling.
Speaker 10: And we can see him from the mid of his forehead to just below the tip of his nose, maybe even just intersecting with the tip of his nose the bottom border of our photo here.
Speaker 5: And if you want to play along, you should go check out the Meat Eater podcast network YouTube channel. You see Phill's beautifully cropped work boy.
Speaker 7: I feel like there's a lot of resemblance between those duds.
Speaker 9: Like you're the last person I'm gonna steal an answer from.
Speaker 5: When your need You're gonna look at over and my answers could be right.
Speaker 2: All right, let's see those answers. We have Spencer saying the social network, Reva without an answer, Cattle without an answer, Randall saying the social network, Corey saying star Wars, Nate saying the social network, Max saying inception and Brodie saying the social network. The correct answer is the social network.
Speaker 5: I thought it was a skywalker close.
Speaker 7: Zombie land face.
Speaker 10: I was expecting the mouth expression Jesse Eisenberg.
Speaker 2: It's a great, great poster, great trailer, or more.
Speaker 3: Mark Zuckerberg making a few enemies. All right. The next photo mm.
Speaker 2: Hm, oh, you're a look at a half of a pair of aviator style glasses, very reflective, some sort of lit skyline moving in the reflection of the glasses.
Speaker 6: And the image is distorted.
Speaker 3: It's a little distorted, it's a little warp. It's kind of twisted.
Speaker 2: I would say, Rand, did you use that? I did not distort it? No, I know this is this is pulled from the movie poster.
Speaker 7: Why was everybody so into the social network?
Speaker 3: I mean that and.
Speaker 5: The five hundred million friends gave it away? I didn't know.
Speaker 7: I figured it was I was thinking, maybe, like remember I Rack Noophobia? That was a good movie. Got a lot of bugs, a lot of bugs out there.
Speaker 5: That dude from Friends who just died was in that movie.
Speaker 6: Wasn't he Perry?
Speaker 3: Matthew Perry?
Speaker 7: Was he in I Rack Noophobia? I never saw it, but I'm John Goodman's in there as usual.
Speaker 3: Great movie.
Speaker 6: God, I loved him. The Flintstones.
Speaker 5: I think they're making a second Flintstones.
Speaker 3: Do you hear that? I just made it up? All right?
Speaker 4: How are we doing?
Speaker 3: Great? Guys?
Speaker 2: Ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. Oh we have Spencer. We crossed out many sort of carved, fast moving.
Speaker 5: Cross out gone in sixty seconds and rush hour.
Speaker 2: And wrote down fast and furious. Reva wrote down fear and loathing in Las Vegas. Cal wrote down fear and loathing in Las Vegas. Randall fear and Loathing, Corey fear and Loathing, Nate Fight Club, Max top Gun, and Brody Bright Lights, Big City.
Speaker 3: Correct answer is fear and loathing in Las.
Speaker 7: Vegas Aviators, top Gun, I get it, Yeah, yeah, I was trailer breadcrumbs.
Speaker 3: Next image, whoa little freaky.
Speaker 5: Well freaky you know this? Max?
Speaker 2: Maybe so this is sort of like a like it's kind of like a dot matrix, sort of like a bunch of dots that look like a creepy pair of eyes on a yellow background.
Speaker 6: Mm hmm.
Speaker 7: Maybe the first thing.
Speaker 5: That came to my mind wrote down what you got?
Speaker 3: I'm Brody my.
Speaker 5: Hm hmm.
Speaker 3: What movie is that?
Speaker 10: I don't Oh, you guys, I don't think you're right Max either one hear, I.
Speaker 6: Don't think I'm right.
Speaker 3: Well, they sit at Randall just my record.
Speaker 6: No, just your answer.
Speaker 5: Did you look at it?
Speaker 6: Yeah? It was blamely visible.
Speaker 4: Looks like the cover.
Speaker 5: Of a Radiohead album.
Speaker 3: M hmm, yeah, I can see that the bends.
Speaker 6: Yes, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Shoot yellow stumped room.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 2: I when I first made this round, I thought it was too easy, so I replaced of them, and now I don't know.
Speaker 3: Maybe I should have gone back to the other. You guys are doing pretty well.
Speaker 7: You're moving the spread.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm. Were you impressed with Adrian or did you think that nine was what she would get?
Speaker 2: I you know, I was thinking eight or nine. Honestly, I thought I thought nine was I thought she would get eight. She missed was solid. She got this one correct.
Speaker 3: Shit, this is one of her fastest ones.
Speaker 2: So girls know this, Yes, that is what we can draw from this information, or, as Yanni would say, the female mind.
Speaker 7: Hm hm m what do girls do with their spare time?
Speaker 2: All right, I'm gonna wrap it up here in a couple of seconds. Go ahead and reveal your answers. You know, Spencer saying the Shining, Reva saying the Shining, Cal's saying where the wild things are?
Speaker 6: Randall's saying the I was going to write the Shining.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably without an answer, saying chucky, Max saying kill Bill, and Brody's saying Silence of the Lambs. Correct answer is.
Speaker 8: The oh.
Speaker 5: Hell yeah, nice job, guys, I have.
Speaker 3: Poster.
Speaker 5: Yeah that that looks fake to me.
Speaker 3: That was the very real poster, all right.
Speaker 6: It was just a wild guess for you.
Speaker 5: It was like the like the face, yeah, exactly sure, Like what what he does when he breaks through the or when he's trying to come through the door. That was the only thing I could think of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know what this is supposed to be recalling it looks like a kind of a creepy baby when there there are no creepy babies in the Shining.
Speaker 5: It also looked like seventies whenever that came out.
Speaker 7: Book is Super creepy. The movie's fantastic.
Speaker 2: Last scoreboard update here Max zero points, nate'scot three.
Speaker 3: I think this is correct, But if you guys have been keeping.
Speaker 2: Your own score, they're very possible probable chance that I screwed up but got Brody and Corey with five points, apiece, Reva and Cal with six, as well as Randall and in first place, our illustrious hosts, Spencer Newharty has seven.
Speaker 5: Points and no one can catch Adrian.
Speaker 3: No one can catch Adrian.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, I'm proud of you, all right, Final question, Final image. I should say I made this one very difficult on purpose, hoping that maybe there'd be one or two of you that might pull it out.
Speaker 5: Hmmm, little I.
Speaker 2: Could pull an audible and tell the original one I was going to do.
Speaker 5: Phil declared before the episode that he didn't have a tie breaker, and then he came up with one.
Speaker 6: Phil, Have I seen this movie?
Speaker 5: Don't tell him?
Speaker 6: Has anyone in this room seen this movie? I?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would would say that probably at least three of you have seen this movie. I didn't go, but I didn't reach into the annals of some weird nineteen fifties like you know, B movie.
Speaker 3: This This was.
Speaker 2: This is a critically acclaimed thought to be a modern masterpiece.
Speaker 4: That's enough, Phil, Yeah, I didn't win any awards.
Speaker 5: That's enough.
Speaker 6: Hold on, give us a heads.
Speaker 2: Up to we're looking at a sort of I don't even know how to describe this. It's kind of like there's there's a pair of female eyes, some some eyeshadow, she's she's looking at iron eyebrows, some sort of I don't I don't know what's around her head?
Speaker 3: Is it hair? Is it something else? There's no way to.
Speaker 6: Tell interesting, give me answer.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Shit.
Speaker 4: Hmm.
Speaker 5: Brody is the only one old enough to have seen this movie, so that's not really fair.
Speaker 6: A modern master.
Speaker 5: Spencer, do you know it? No, I am not. I don't even know what that movie is.
Speaker 4: That's when Nate.
Speaker 2: Mhmm, okay, I saw it. All right, how are we doing? We're gonna wrap it up here, go ahead and reveal your answers. Spencer says, gone with the Wind, Revas says the Great Gatsby, Cal says Chicago. Randall without an answer, Corey says Night at the Roxbury. Nate says Monty Python on the Holy Grail. Max says the sound of music, and Brody does not have an answer. The correct answer is chinatowns Jack Nicholson.
Speaker 3: How many of you have seen Chinatown?
Speaker 2: You had two Jack Nicholson movies in there that I did well with that last question.
Speaker 3: That makes Spencer our Yeah.
Speaker 5: Wow, that's job Spence and now thank you.
Speaker 2: All it's left to do is to choose an organization you'd like to donate these this five hundred dollars too.
Speaker 5: That was fun, Phil, Thanks so much.
Speaker 3: I feel like it ends on kind of a down note.
Speaker 5: That was a hard one, A hard one. I'm going to donate my five hundred dollars to the North American Sturgeon Paddlefish Society. They're right here in Bozeman. They specifically study and fund studies and do public outreach about two of my favorite fish in the world, sturgeon specifically pallid sturgeon and the American paddlefish. A lot of listeners will never catch one of them or see one of them, but if like me, it just makes you happy knowing that they exist out there in American waterways. Uh, that's a group that you should consider supporting, The North American Surgeon and Paddlefish Society. We're gonna send five hundred dollars their way. And that's a new organization that we've donated to.
Speaker 7: Uf I bet they have some thoughts on irrigation and the yellows Today.
Speaker 6: And none of them have seen.
Speaker 3: That'll do it.
Speaker 2: For this week's episode of Meat Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins.
Speaker 1: You what a pro Yes Spencer from South Dakota. He's the host, using those smooth mellow tones. He lays them questions down. He likes taking those two and three year old bucks. It is an avid amateur lockou