Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe, Katty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jettie and he.
Speaker 1: Arms rang Yady, It's the Armstrong and Giddy Show, featuring our podcast One More Thing. Download it, subscribe to it wherever you like to get podcasts.
Speaker 2: When I was single and childless, Thank you? What is your name? I want to call sorry, Gladys. I want to call her Lola. For some reason, Lola doesn't play the harp. Thank you, Gladys for laying the harp of me reminiscing about something. When I was a single and child there were a few weekends where I would realize on Monday morning, as I'm driving to work to do the radio show that I hadn't said a word since I left work on Friday, because I hadn't interacted with another human being at all. I just saidn't word to anybody. Hmmm, I don't really know what to say to that.
Speaker 1: What percentage of the population can make that same claim I did not interact with another human being the entire weekend, did not speak a word. Fairly limited, I would guess, But you know, you do you what would you guess, and if you as angry hermit.
Speaker 2: I would guess that both my brothers have done it semi regularly recently with their kids older and out of the house.
Speaker 3: Like not even a phone call, Like that's bizarre, mean, nobody talks on the phone.
Speaker 2: And I don't know if that's a good example. Now back in the day, No, we're.
Speaker 1: Talking back in the day. Yeah, right, you had Gladys play the damn harp, then you Lola, and now we're in the present day. On what's going on here? Somebody explained the crowd rules.
Speaker 2: Have we all lost what.
Speaker 1: Does Walter say in The Big Lebowski something about it? We all lost our minds? Nobody cares about the rules anymore?
Speaker 2: How much on an outlier do you think I am? You think I'm in the one percent of the population that has ever done that? Or it's fewer than five five pretty small?
Speaker 1: No, it's not five. It's one to one to two tonight.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's probably good for you. I also had to do with like like, uh, you know, I have a really big Friday night, maybe a long watching movies or something. You don't feel so good on Saturday. Maybe part of Sunday, you just don't leave the house. You order a pizza. You know, it might be an exaggeration to have not said a word to anybody. Might have said thanks to the pizza guy when he handed me the pizza, but it wouldn't have been more than a couple of words.
Speaker 3: Oh, in this day and age, even with phones, I've I've done that. We're you take the recovery day, you turn the phone off.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, So think about this though. The younger crowd now with their lifestyle, like you know, our producer Sean or whatever, I'll but he had weekends where he never said a word to anybody other than through maybe a headset, plane, video games, or a number of young people. Now that you know you can DoorDash or whatever, you don't have to call anybody to order food or something. Ill about it happens more often than you think. It'd still be a small number. It makes me sad. All I know is we're moving more that direction than away from it. I would guess, which is good.
Speaker 1: You can see all the statistics on how happy and care free young people are these days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think I ever came out of a weekend like thinking that was like a really good time or what an awesome weekend that was or something. I'm not claiming that.
Speaker 3: See, And I'm of the day and age of cell phones and whatnot, and it's amazing the hoops I will jump through to avoid having to talk to somebody else. Yeah, like you know, scheduling appointments online, ordering online, all that stuff.
Speaker 2: I would much rather do that than have to call and interact with someone. Yeah, I avoid it now, not because I don't want to talk to If I thought I could talk to human being, i'd call right away. I don't want to call and get your impossible to use automated phone system that takes me twenty minutes and doesn't work. I'll see if I can do it online. And the reason it takes twenty minutes and doesn't work is because you want me to do it online because it's the cheapest thing for you. But that's a different topic. A couple of quick things here. I just came across this. Don't usually talk about this sort of thing on this podcast. This money circulating in US is expanding rapidly. We have a money supply surge going on right now. It's the highest level in over a year. They think that will likely lead to inflation surging higher. Don't like that story.
Speaker 1: It ought to if the laws of monetary physics are still true, and they.
Speaker 2: Are, and then this one. This is an actual survey. This isn't one of those done by According to walkin Tubs dot com, older people always look at who paid for the survey. A lot of time surveys have just did their crap because of who they paid for. This is actual research done by a team of German researchers in Germany and the United States. Journal Psychology stuff about how what we where we think old age begins has been moving higher. This is not surprising at all. Last July, that's what do you think old age began for you?
Speaker 1: Yes? Absolutely last time. I feel like I screwed up my back. Oh really started the shuffling like I'm ninety and it's a lot better now.
Speaker 2: But that has a lot to do with it, because I was gonna mention my mom and dad have different numbers on that, and for those reasons. My mom's physical health is not near where my dad's is, So I don't know what she would say, but she would probably say old age starts. Well, I can tell you the average now is seventy five. If you actually ask a senior when does old age begin, it's now seventy five. Seventy five is the new sixty five, Because it used to be not that many years ago people said old age started at sixty five. Now that would seem kind of crazy, I think for a lot of people.
Speaker 1: Yes, for me, it started at forty eight.
Speaker 4: That's when you start hurting yourself, you know, just doing the most basic things like walking or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was just in the lunch room and one of the saleswomen who is now in her forties, was talking about all forties or not what I thought they would be talking about trying to work out, and she keeps getting hurt and blah blah blah. Yeah, but so now it's seventy five. Is both sixty five? My dad says eighty eighties when old age starts, but that's because he was still riding his horse up till eighty two. My mom has not been as physically as gifted as him and would put it a little earlier, but probably about surprisingly.
Speaker 1: The horse was seventy five. What it's an old.
Speaker 2: Horse, Joe horse, When are you going to get off of me? That is the question, when do I have When do I get to be an old age? That do only makes sense. I suppose life expectancy and help. My mom regularly says that when she was a kid, people in their sixties were considered old. That you were done with life in your sixties. Nobody would have thought you played golf or rode a horse or rode bikes or vacationed or anything in your sixties.
Speaker 1: You were just a new career. Are you kidding?
Speaker 2: You were just in a rocking chair in your sixties, which now, of course seems crazy. You're the youngest amongst Katie and he thoughts on this, or does everything over the age of forty five just seem ancient to you?
Speaker 3: No, both my parents are in their early to mid seventies, and they're both young as can be, So I don't even think seventy five is old in my perspective. And I dude, everything started hurting on me last year. And I had a stroke when I was thirty one, so I'm ninety.
Speaker 1: That's why would get along?
Speaker 2: So I all having a stroke at thirty one would change your view of it. I didn't have any health situation really at all until I got cancer at forty nine, but.
Speaker 3: Dude, my health went nuts at twenty nine and a kidney problem came up out of nowhere, a quote mutated gene. I have a hereditary condition that is a mutated gene because nobody else in my family has it. And then I stroked out in twenty twenty. It was wild, have no idea.
Speaker 2: What caused that? The stroke?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well it was a mixture of not taking care of myself in stress.
Speaker 2: Okay, they said, oh really, but some of it was in your control.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just I I wasn't exercising at all.
Speaker 2: I was obese big time. Were you really? I can't picture you obese at all? Two pounds? Were you really? This is new information, so that that's why you're always talking about working out and you eat so healthy. Yeah, I had I had to make a change.
Speaker 3: The doctors were like this, you don't They actually call said that I dodged a bullet because I had three tias over the course.
Speaker 1: Of a week. Yeah. Yeah, Well it'll get your attention, want it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Huge?
Speaker 2: Kind of like what I mean.
Speaker 3: Michael Angelo had had the big shock Diabete's diagnosis and had to make a complete change on his life eye opening.
Speaker 2: That's why I've been saying for a long time that I'd like to have a minor heart attack. Yeah, I think a minor heart attack would get my attention and I wouldn't need donuts and stuff anymore. I don't want a major heart atack.
Speaker 1: I don't want to die.
Speaker 2: I got kids to raise. But I think a minor heart attack just a little a huh, like flicking my ear huh. Wake up.
Speaker 1: Well, good luck with that plan. That's between you and the almighty, who you'll be meeting sooner than later. But that's an interesting way to approach life. Note to self, take blood pressure this afternoon. Yes, oh yeah, it's always a good idea. One final note on brain health, because during your little screen about not having contact with any human being for an entire weekend, you know, so much of what we are is neurologically predetermined, honestly, and if you're a neurological outsider or outlier, you just are. And you can, as I always say, you can operate within a certain narrowish lane of the way you're made. You can intentionally be more outgoing because you know it's good for you. Blah blah blah, but you are who you are. Having said that, we were talking about handwriting and why so many states are trying to bring back handwriting incursive. I was intrigued because there wasn't a lot of information in the article we had, and I was reading into it. And apparently, according to neuropsychologists, there's something about handwriting that involves.
Speaker 2: All sorts of different parts of.
Speaker 1: Your brain that govern language and creativity and physical stuff and whatever, and they all have to interconnect and work together to yield handwriting and it's really good for your brain.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, it's a use it or lose.
Speaker 1: It thing with your brain.
Speaker 2: I'm completely aware of that, and of just the idea of That's why journaling and that sort of stuff is so important. There's something about writing down thoughts that can get them out of your head and and arrange them in ways that they don't get arranged otherwise. And people have known this for centuries and if you don't do it, you should try it. I do it every day, sometimes twice a day. But writing things down organizes them in your head or gets them out of your head, like if you gotta you know, why do I keep thinking about this thing that's driving me, nuts write it down a couple of times and it can go away. Trust me, I've done it. I don't know how many times, but I do. They know that printing doesn't do the same thing as cursive, because I print everything. I've had success with it. And that's why I just don't understand why they're bringing back cursive specifically.
Speaker 1: I really can't imagine why it would be different.
Speaker 2: I can't, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't, which doesn't mean that it's not. I just can't imagine.
Speaker 2: One question that I don't think they've answered, because I've looked into this and read some stuff about it. They're not sure if typing works the same way as I was just talking about or not, because you are picking specific letters and having to manipulate your fingers and everything like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, and what about playing a musical instrument And although you can't compel a kid to play the guitar, but you can have them right in school and it's good for the brains.
Speaker 2: They brought back. If you didn't hear us talking about this, they brought back cursive I think down twenty two states, and I just wondered, why, what's the argument for it. I'm seeing that curse.
Speaker 3: According to the Google cursive engages more areas of the brain than when you print.
Speaker 2: I if that's true. It's true, right, I do know because I know some of these people. There's just a hanging onto cursive because I've always done it. I'm good at it, and my grandma did it, and that's why that drives some of it. But if it's better for you, it's better for you, and I'm fine with that.
Speaker 1: All I know is that the environment of the beast, the human beast, is evolving at five thousand times the speed that the beast can adapt to it.
Speaker 2: M yeah, probably more like five hundred thousand times of speed.
Speaker 1: But yeah, all right, how about five million times?
Speaker 2: But the point being, yeah, what are we going to do with that?
Speaker 1: I was hoping he'd say, yeah, how about fifty million times?
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 2: And we're not even close to how fast it's going to go as soon as AI and everything kicks in.
Speaker 1: So well, we're all doomed, doomed to insanity, misery, drug addiction, public fornication. Who knows, we.
Speaker 2: Knows, we wish public fornication, maybe some babies would be born. So if I was one percent of the population, that didn't talk to anybody over the weekend. That number will be seventy five percent here in about ten years.
Speaker 1: I think, and the survivors will write that history, but not incursive because their brains have stopped working.
Speaker 2: That's something too funny not to end.
Speaker 1: On Jack Armstrong and Joe Fretty, The Armstrong and Getty Show. It's The Armstrong and Giddy Show featuring our podcast One more Thing. Download it, subscribe to it wherever you'd like to get podcasts.
Speaker 2: But this, this was actually real. Remember this promo. I never watched the show.
Speaker 1: And the most horrifying comedy attack ever caught on TAE That was when animals attack. That was in the heyday of when Big Fox went with like super pandery shows like when animals attack in celebrity boxing and stuff.
Speaker 2: Well, that would so the world's most terrifying donkey attack caught on tape.
Speaker 1: Yes, and the most horrifying comedy attack ever caught on TAE. Yeah, not like a somewhat horrifying or one of your second or third most horrifying donkey attacks. They got the mcgilla, They got the all time champ, the most horrifying donkey attack, right.
Speaker 2: Take it for the top five. Take that other s and get.
Speaker 1: It out of here.
Speaker 2: Your marginally dangerous donkey exactly, somewhat horrifying donkey attacks.
Speaker 1: Who had watch that? I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: That's also when they were doing the Man versus Beast, which I love.
Speaker 1: That was so crap horrific.
Speaker 2: We're so funny.
Speaker 4: Then Michael Phelps against a shark too, Yeah, that was that was more recent.
Speaker 1: But Katie, this is when you were but a wee girl. But yeah, Fox, Big Fox used to do some great idiotic pandering TV shows.
Speaker 2: They had whoever was the current fastest runner raced a giraffe I think for inexplicable reasons.
Speaker 1: And a guy what did he wrestle up there? Oh, he tried to out eat It was a hot dog eating content Kobyashi.
Speaker 2: At the time before Joey Chestnut, the top hot dog eater in the world. Kobyashi tried to eat played a hot talks faster than a and the bear just like just went This sounds like golden entertainment, Oh it was.
Speaker 1: It was. It was terrible because they'd show like the only really good piece of footage to promote it, and at the beginning and over and over again. Then you had to wait till the end of the show and sit through, you know, just just stupidity.
Speaker 2: Well, and the animals usually won, like just very easily as you would expect. There was some NFL lineman or some big tough guy who did a tuggle war with the rang Attack because.
Speaker 1: I'd forgotten about that one. Oh this is good stuff.
Speaker 2: Stupid show. I just remember you had the guy in the giraffe and they released him and the guys run as fast again and the giraffe just disappeared.
Speaker 1: What's the point of this? When Animals Attack was on for weeks? Right, that was a that was an ongoing show.
Speaker 2: Right, that was the heyday of Fox. Bring that back. I think they just ran out of ideas.
Speaker 1: And sometimes they'd have real footage, but because not everybody had a cell phone at that point and ring cameras weren't omnipresent, it was a lot of reenactments, very disciplined. I don't care how good your reenactment is, it's not the same as actual footage.
Speaker 2: So quick question for you, what if you happen to miss this unbelievable radio program.
Speaker 1: The answer is easy, friends, just download our podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand. It's the podcast version of the broadcast show, available anytime, any day, every single podcast platform known demand.
Speaker 2: Download it now Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 1: Arm Strong and this is the Armstrong and Getty Show featuring our podcast one more thing. Get it wherever you like to get podcasts.
Speaker 2: We got. This is about the way I grill and the pictures I've tweeted out and Katie's complain about my grilling re IQ differences which we were talking about differences different kinds of intelligence earlier in the show. Somebody texted, Jack seems to be brilliant at history, but then he puts his grilling utensils on the ground, So yes, there are different kinds of intelligence. That's a great point.
Speaker 1: Yes, the contrast shocking.
Speaker 2: I don't know why I put the spatula on the ground, and well not just that, but then we brought when we pointed it out to you said well where else where?
Speaker 1: Should I put them?
Speaker 2: Anywhere else? Jack?
Speaker 1: Yes, even on a paper towel on the ground, although that's just partial credit. Did get this note from Dan in North Carolina. I'm with you, Jack, I have zero intro and grilling, and am convinced that half the men that claim to be interested. Are latent junior high schoolers desperate to fit in. So, like the brave, masked intellectual walking your parade route, I say f you to those who bows.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't mean. I don't think there's got to be a flaw. And other people that liked the grill, I just don't enjoy it, and I have no interest in learning to be better at it.
Speaker 1: And then Dan spends a tale worth telling as an aside. I have a relative by marriage, of course, that fancies himself a master griller. So the propane grill was too bourgeois, so he purchased the same charcoal grill you have, except apparently he couldn't figure out how to install the legs, so he just put it on top of a deck railing. Then he lit the fire in there, burned a hole almost completely through a plywood table, and emblazon the leaves around the car port, which led to a fire department visit emblazoned. He is in quotes like that reporter. Bet his steaks are great, though. Yeah, the grillest in the anti grillist is that the newest fault line, the dividing line in American society.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'm giving up on that manly skill, but hoping I make for it and other manly areas, like if you couldn't put the legs on that grill, you really have no ability to fix or work on anything. Holy crap. They're like, yeah, two screws in a wing nut. Yes, Katie is at risk.
Speaker 3: Oh, I just think that if you if you had a different grill, it might change your experience a little bit. Yeah, it can't be comfortable being down in that position grilling at all.
Speaker 2: No, it's not comfortable in that position doing anything.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: How much did you spend for that grill?
Speaker 1: Jack?
Speaker 2: I honestly think it was on sale. I think it was eight dollars because it was on sale. It was like they had two left. Should you spend dollar? Grill guy now he's lying. He stole it from the guy that lives in front of the radio station. Right, lives in his beaten down RV.
Speaker 1: It's the mini Weber right that sits like a foot off the ground the top of it. It's a foot foot of maybe a foot and a half.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's designed to take with you camping or something. It's not designed to tailgate the grill you have in your backyard, right, Yeah, it's kind of funny when I've been looking for a house and some of these houses, you know, they got the built in grill with the refrigerator and just alid in a fan above it, and all these differents. I think, I think this is slightly different than what I hear it have.
Speaker 4: Hanson says he knows a place you could buy by.
Speaker 1: She used grills.
Speaker 2: There you go. Yes, I should do one with legs. Would be handy if I didn't have to bend over. Anyway, that's probably enough of that. This was from The Daily Show last night. Once a week, the old host of The Daily Show, John Stewart is on there. Pretty funny.
Speaker 1: Well, he's actually funny, which is in contrast with the other hosts, certainly Trevor Noah. Wow.
Speaker 2: This features a word I knew, I never said and never will say. And other people think this sort of humor is funny, and so we didn't air it on the air. But I realize other people find this humorous. As I was explaining, though the media has systematically failed to.
Speaker 3: Contest Jean, Please, you're killing me, My poor sweet naive older than I remember, John, We.
Speaker 1: Need this messy spectacle.
Speaker 2: Every other news story is a massive bummer.
Speaker 3: This Trump trial is like an open window and a greyhound bus full of farts.
Speaker 2: Why are you.
Speaker 4: Trying to close the window, John, Why are you trying to make a smell farts?
Speaker 1: I'm not trying to make a swell.
Speaker 2: You're not trying to make and hands. Our executive producer thought that was funny. I don't like that word. I don't say that word to me. That is the F word, and so we'll never understand that. I don't understand it myself, but I'm appalled by that word. And I do not find that there are any humor in the topic.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Captain cuckoo whatever. I'm interested in the angle of we need this story. It's a breath of fresh air. I mean, it's a is that just lefty insanity?
Speaker 2: Or I find focusing on what time he arrived, what his hair looked like, did he fall asleep? Just something that's just that as opposed to super heavy duty, wore abortion, et cetera. I guess yeah.
Speaker 1: The weaponizing of the justice system against political candidates is is light fair. It's hilarious. I think I could stay awake.
Speaker 2: I thought it was pretty funny that that young correspondent said older than I remember John Stewart. She probably was watching him in like junior high and really into it. Now she's on the Daily Show.
Speaker 1: You know how it is if you see somebody then see him five years later.
Speaker 2: It's like, oh God, I had one of those the other day. I ran into somebody, thought did did I have I aged the same amount since the last time I saw you as you have? I can't possibly be true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, okay.
Speaker 2: I think I'm pretty sure. I didn't take a lot of physics, but I'm pretty sure time moves the same rate for all of us, right.
Speaker 1: Unless one finds oneself in a black hole? Yes, that is my understanding.
Speaker 2: Of So if I run into somebody and they've aged a certain amount, what lead me to believe that I've aged the same amount too? I just haven't recognized it? Am I correct?
Speaker 1: There? Ye? Sure you see yourself every day.
Speaker 2: This probably doesn't happen to you, does a Katie? You're too young for that. No, but it has. I've seen some people from high school. I'm like, ooh, you're aging, dreamer.
Speaker 4: Can you tell them that?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: My face probably does and I am the master of saying it with my facial expressions.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, all right, people do age at different rates, though, I mean, there's biggest swing is fifteen years. They say in what age you look once you get older, depending on genetics and lifestyle. So it's not completely true that we aged the same amount.
Speaker 1: And I'm realizing the ultimate do you want to look good now or later? Is sun exposure.
Speaker 2: Oh wow. I have a female friend who all her friends say, why do you look so young? And it's all because she did not tan when she was younger like they all did, and she does look she's fifteen years younger than her contemporaries at least. Wow. So it is tough. Do you want to be pale person at the pool when you're twenty two or do you want to be looks forty at age fifty person when you're older. That's a tough call, leather face.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I definitely find myself as I am rapidly aging. Among you got your tens too much, young woman, Then you got your tens too much forty year old woman, and you're starting to see the signs of what might be described as a catcher's mit like dermis. And then you have your sixty plus tened too much woman and man nim birds have come home.
Speaker 2: To rooms about hey about a Yeah, that's a heck of a price to pay to be good in tan when you were twenty five. It really is.
Speaker 1: And again I don't I don't mean to be cruel. I don't measure people by their looks. But there's no better term than leathery.
Speaker 4: I remember we had a salesperson referred to as tan guy.
Speaker 2: Well he was, he was, Yeah, he was super tan. Was it actual tank? It was? I know it was real tan because we went to a company Remember there was a company barbecue once and he did the really odd thing at this company barbecue everybody stand out where he took off his shirt and sat in a lawn chair with everybody around at the company barbecue so he could get more sons. So I guess, I guess he was tan guy.
Speaker 1: All right, Yeah, work function, Yeah, but hey, sons out, guns out and teats. Apparently nim exactly. Guy was in really good shape. But yeah, he was not gonna waste a single opportunity to get more u Vy raising armstrong and getty getting weird. I think canna weird fast, don't you think it's a little hot.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, there's no doubt in my mind. This is the Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 1: It's the Armstrong and Getty Show, featuring our podcast One More Thing. Download it, subscribe to it wherever you like to get podcasts.
Speaker 2: So Katie brought us this headline earlier in the show. Now I have the details. It's really something in the headline being a woman in Brazil was arrested after she attempted to get a dead body in a wheelchair to sign for a bank loan.
Speaker 3: I was on Twitter or x or whatever the hell it's called now when this video went viral, so I saw the unedited version because now it's been blurred all over the place. This guy was dead dead like oh just not just like just dead, but like megadet, oh really been dead a while?
Speaker 2: Maybe not?
Speaker 1: Can you be more precise?
Speaker 3: Not Riga mortis dead because she was able to kind of move him around, but he was super deadook it out.
Speaker 2: So here we go. Woman in Brazil arrested Tuesday suspicion of theft by fraud and violating a corpse. You know, as I've said many times, when I'm dead, you can do whatever you want to me. Don't charge with a crime. I don't care. It doesn't make any difference. I mean, you're a little weird, but you violated me in any way. I don't care.
Speaker 1: I may get a couple of licks in, you know, work out some frustrations.
Speaker 2: Jack Pinata after she brought her dead uncle to a bank to sign a lone agreement, she had raised suspicion after she entered the small bank the bank there in Rio with a man in a wheelchair who she called her uncle. Well, that's not that would Why would that raise suspicion? That's not weird. The woman and they her name here which I can't pronounce, reportedly told the clerk that they were to sign off on this seventeen thousand reass loan that's as hifty dollars. And security cambridge footage which Katie has seen, the woman can be seen picking up the man's hand and repositioning his head to try to get him to sign the document in front of him. This guy's head was flopping all over the place. Oh my forward backward, mouth open.
Speaker 3: And then she finally gets irritated enough to just get a grip on the back of his.
Speaker 2: Neck and she's holding him steady with the other hand. She's trying to pick up his arm and get it to hold the pen.
Speaker 1: It's good, good, plot, and you say that didn't work.
Speaker 2: His head's going all over the place. Oh yeah, can be picking up the hand reposition. He's head.
Speaker 1: Uncle.
Speaker 2: Are you listening? You need to sign. If you don't sign, there's no way because I can't sign for you. She can be heard saying on the audio, I will just steady your hand. All right, uncle, Are you listening? You need to sign. He doesn't say anything. That's just how he is. She tells the clerk when he doesn't reply, if you're not okay, I'm going to take you to the hospital.
Speaker 1: But the man don't bother.
Speaker 2: The man's unresponsive nature and lolling head, has described as by Katie Green, caused concern among bank employees, who called local ambulance services.
Speaker 1: Dude is megadad.
Speaker 2: On arriving, the doctor's confirmed the sixty year old man had been dead for quite some time. His body was taken directly to a morgue, and she's been arrested. Creative idea. Her lawyers are arguing, no, no, no, no, he was fine. He must have died in the wheelchair as I was rolling into the bank.
Speaker 1: Because you must before he signed, because.
Speaker 2: We talked about this, or dright out on the sidewalk before I rolled him in, and he must have died right beforehand. And I just didn't notice, not an effing chance, not a he is you.
Speaker 1: Know, he was never that energetic in life, so I didn't notice the difference.
Speaker 2: And his eyes just naturally sunk into his head like that. He always looked that oh megadead preliminary preliminary friendsic. Analysis says he had died at least several hours before the uh trying to sign for the loan, if not longer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but if your uncle Enrique kicks it, I mean, just between you to decide, all right, we're going in on this loan together. He croaks just before you go to the bank. It's frustrating, it's inconvenient. I say, we stick with plan A and see how it goes.
Speaker 2: Will you come up with a workaround. That's what that is. It's a work around. Yeah, you try not to let his head flop all over and you lift his hand up there.
Speaker 1: As big a hit as weekend at Bernie's was, it's amazing to me that dragging a corpse around. Comedy didn't become a more important genre, right.
Speaker 2: There's only one movie to refer to, that one they're in like a whole bunch of them.
Speaker 1: I mean, American Pie spawned dozens of it imitators. For instance, there was a.
Speaker 3: Few years ago where the Weekend at Bernie's funeral went viral?
Speaker 2: Do you guys remember that? I don't know that, I do the headline. There were like a series of funerals.
Speaker 3: I think BuzzFeed did like an article about it and compiled a list of people that, instead of just having like a regular visitation or whatever, had themselves like dressed and propped up with like cigarettes put in their hands, and they were love that, and the families were coming up and like taking pictures with them. And there was another one that was a weightlifter and they actually attached their hands to like a deadlift.
Speaker 1: You see.
Speaker 2: It depends on the situation though, clearly, because like my friends would think it was fine, yeah, but my kids might not. I hope you know who it is.
Speaker 1: So I'm picturing all right. I mean if you had me sitting in a chair with my telecaster in my lap, right, you know that's not or maybe like someone flying down the couch with a half empty scotch next to me, like I was watching a golf tournament and fell asleep. My wife would appreciate that one.
Speaker 2: Okay, well yeah, I guess it depends, but yeah I could see that. Yeah, well yeah, there's a lot of caveats to the whole idea. I suppose. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The weightlifting one got my attention though, because the way that they have her her propped up and then they have a bench press over her face like she's about to just do a big old lift.
Speaker 1: I can't decide if this idea is is more charming or horrifying. I keep going back and forth.
Speaker 2: Right, I agree, Is it like like you want to see him more like like he lived? Or I guess that could be charming ish or it's horrifying.
Speaker 1: Yeah. You know. One thing that I'm in favor of is like for an obituary or a memorial service or something like that. I don't like it when they have like the most recent picture when the person is ancient, because as anybody past the age of fifty especially can tell you in your heart your soul, who you are is your young self and you just have aches and pains and more memories and a little more wisdom and that sort of thing. But the old dude is kind of a stranger, Like, how the hell did that happen? So I just when they were youngest, vital, most vital, energetic, when they were forming who they are. Give me that picture.
Speaker 2: Yeah, New York Times is good at that. They use you and your prime picture for all their obituaries of famous people, like I see them every Sunday in the New York Times book Review whatever author died, and they have their when they were, you know, a hot sexy woman or a cool young guy or whatever. Whenever they were that had so much to do with the things you wrote, not like just an old person. Yeah, the time of their life. Yeah, they look back on fondly. Yeah, and they probably became famous for now we're not talking just about famous people, but like in yeah, and just for everybody. I agree.
Speaker 1: Now, I've kind of been a doey dip from age twelve through the grave, so it would be easier for me. But yes, yeah, I was.
Speaker 2: Gonna say, what what point do I get to choose ahead of time?
Speaker 1: What point?
Speaker 2: Because like, you know, we'll pick him a when was he young and vital high school. Here's a good high school picture. No want young but not vital. Let's keep looking.
Speaker 3: I'm writing down my new favorite slam a doe dip.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go. You're right a doey dip. Aren't you.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: For my funeral, I'm gonna do radio stuff. I'm gonna have open casket with me sitting up with headphones on my head holding up three fingers.
Speaker 3: Exactly counting us down, and a lot of Jack and Joe there screaming at you.
Speaker 2: And then oh, oh.
Speaker 4: Hey hey, and then you can donate money to pay any FCC fines.
Speaker 2: So we did. We would say, I don't know why we're assuming we'll go outlive you because I don't think we are.
Speaker 1: We would be.
Speaker 2: There, they'd say, and just where's the clip, Michael, Just for old time's sake, that would be great?
Speaker 1: No clip forty two? Forty two?
Speaker 2: Oh, that's right, he's past. God rest is so fuck Quick question for you, what if you happen to miss this unbelievable radio program.
Speaker 1: The answer is easy, friends, just download our podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand. It's the podcast version of the broadcast show, available anytime any day. Every single podcast platform known demand.
Speaker 2: Download it now. Armstrong and Getty on demand, Armstrong and Getty