Speaker 1: You are listening to the Miami Dolphins Podcast Network.
Speaker 2: This is Drive Time with Travis Wingfield.
Speaker 3: Back to throw to a looking clips adult.
Speaker 4: A wide open touchdown time, Rickquel uncrelievable, just.
Speaker 3: Blue by for a second time.
Speaker 2: You knew where he was going right away.
Speaker 4: I want to hit that man.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna help you. Someone will keep on his man away.
Speaker 5: Wad Wadle to a shotgun back to throw, looking at them up Myers touchdown.
Speaker 3: It's Waddle his sixth touchdown.
Speaker 2: Patown tea.
Speaker 3: Drive Time with Travis Wingfield begins.
Speaker 2: Now let me check your pulse if you're not for.
Speaker 3: What is up? Dolphins?
Speaker 5: And welcome to the Drive Time podcast, part of the Miami Dolphins Podcast Network, covering your team, your Miami Dolphins. How's it going everybody? I am your host, Travis Wingfield. And on today's episode, we have our summer content officially here for you guys, and I'm very fired up about this. We're doing it a little bit different this year. I have seventeen player interviews we're going to play over the course of the next six or seven weeks or so. We're also gonna get traded for training camp come a few weeks from now. But right now we're focusing on the twenty twenty three NFL ski's in preview and it kicks off today with my guest Cameron Woolf from NFL Network to break down the AFC South. We're also gonna hear from Dolphins fullback alec Ingold. Plenty to come your way from the Baptist Health Studios inside the Baptist Health Training Complex.
Speaker 3: This is the Draft Time podcast. Heye Gaff.
Speaker 5: We're gonna kick this thing off with the very first interview I did during media day and also one of my favorite folks to talk to you around the entire building, Dolphins fullback alec Ingold. What's up, guys, Travis Plainfield here back with Dolphins full back Alec Ingle.
Speaker 3: This is one hundred yards.
Speaker 5: We're gonna make a way across the practice field here.
Speaker 1: Alec.
Speaker 5: How you been, Matt? How's the offeason going?
Speaker 1: Off seasons good? We're with the boys. We're you know, in that mini cam Ota grind. It's been good. Every single week you get a new little challenge from coach McDaniel. It's been fun to embrace that throughout this whole sole operation. It's fun to be out here in South Florida. It's not super hot yet, you know what I'm.
Speaker 5: Saying, not quite yet, six seven o'clock in the morning, a couple of hours will be a little toastier, but you find a chance to actually get back on the field. For ota is this time of year that's kinda feel way better this year, so much better.
Speaker 1: You feel like you are a part of the team. When you get onto you sign that contract and we talked, we sat right away, But until you're on the field with the guys, it's a little bit different. And every single year so many new people coming in. It's a new opportunity. So like to be at the very start on the field with the guys. It's it's been a big blessing for sure.
Speaker 5: You had the orange jersey the other day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is it just me?
Speaker 5: It was a too big on you can they get you please?
Speaker 1: It looked like the JV penny from like, you know, a local high school or something that's it didn't even fit like it was a varsity jersey.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: It was a tough deal.
Speaker 5: I was looking forward to asking that. I was like, man, get this guy jersey that fits you earned it for the player of the day.
Speaker 2: Give me jersey.
Speaker 3: It fits.
Speaker 5: So you mentioned you're getting married here pretty soon. You picked a good time. The little mini break we get tell us about the wedding with the plans.
Speaker 2: Who's the man.
Speaker 1: We are going up to Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and my best man is my best friend in high school. He's an eighth grade teacher and man, we're gonna have a blast up there. It's gonna be on a golf course, got friends and family, big old Catholic wedding, and it's gonna be a fun time. Excited to see all the family up in Wisconsin this summer. You gonna all get it around it before the summer morning, I think.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: I think I had to talk to somebody about getting that Friday AMT time going there.
Speaker 5: You go, ab the dogs with you.
Speaker 1: Dogs are gonna make the road trip. We're actually driving up so you know what's that twenty four hours, twenty six hours all the way up there. So it's gonna be a long drive for us, but it's gonna be worth it. Get the dogs up there running around on some grass. It's gonna be a good time to just get away for a little bit, see family, and then come right back ready to roll. For training camp.
Speaker 5: You've got a really exciting year two come up here for the Miami Dolphins, and you know, speaking of that year two in the offense, you know, going back over Mike McDaniel Stopps under Kyle Shanahan in previous places, second year has really been when the offense takes off and you guys started off pretty good last year. I'm curious to get your depending on how year two of the offense can kind of, you know, go to that next level.
Speaker 1: I think it's just like being fast, being physical, having an understanding of the concept they're trying to teach us. You're not just asking like what you're doing, You're asking why you can do it. And to have that deeper understanding of the offense. I think that's going to play well for us. So now it's just on the players to execute, hold that high standard and be the best versions of ourselves.
Speaker 5: So this is the one hundred yards walking talk with Travis Wingfield. We're supposed to go this way to goal line to goal line, So I wanted to ask you we're kind of the two yard line here. Yeah, when you get down here, what's your favorite play call?
Speaker 1: Ah? Shoot, I'm a like inside zone with my guy Raheem most you're getting the ball with the ball.
Speaker 2: I don't want the ball. I don't want Raheem scoring.
Speaker 1: I want him to do his You know, we're diving, we're swimming a little bit surfing. When you get your guys in the end zone, they get to celebrate. I think that's the coolest thing in the world.
Speaker 5: That is the most underrated touchdown celebration in the NFL.
Speaker 3: I think I think so too.
Speaker 5: Aleck appreciate man. Thanks a lot. Let's go every time Alec does the podcast or anything content related, it's an absolute treat.
Speaker 3: So thank you to Alec for doing that with us.
Speaker 5: Here, let's go ahead and take our first I know very early on in the show, but we have a lot more to get to here with Cameron wolf breaking down everything AFC South. That's next drivetime podcast, your host Travis Wingfield, brought to you by Auto Nation. Joining me today to break down the AFC South is Cam Wolfe, a national reporter at NFL Network. He puts the talent in on air talent there really had about half the divisions that he could have covered here in earnest but we landed Cam on the AFC South, because really you're in these cities like half the damn time anyway, So I figure, let's get you on talk about some Colts, Titans, Jags, and Texans here.
Speaker 3: Cam. How are you living, man, How you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm great, man. It's the summer. We're getting ready.
Speaker 4: For our deeper summer vacation. But I am looking forward to this NFL season, So appreciate you for the intro. And it's gonna be a fun season, man, particularly with the AFC South.
Speaker 2: It's been a long time since.
Speaker 4: We've been able to like really have a lot of new flavor in this division, so I'm excited to talk about it.
Speaker 5: Was gonna It's a division that has kind of produced, you know, those four seeds every year, right that the division winner gets in, but no one else is really close to stuff in the playoffs, and we see these cycles that kind of go, you know, throughout the years. And I was just talking to Fran Duffy over at the Philadelphia Eagles, one of the divisions you could probably cover pretty well there at the NFC East, and he was talking about how the NFC East was you know, bad for a long time, but last year turned around.
Speaker 3: We've seen the AFC East kind of.
Speaker 5: Become more you know, top to bottom in terms of the parody there. So it's cool to see that we got lots of new quarterbacks here in this division.
Speaker 3: That makes a lot of fun too.
Speaker 5: And we'll see the Dolphins playing one team out of this division Week fourteen at home here at hard Rock Stadium against Titans on December eleventh and Monday night game at eight fifteen.
Speaker 3: So we'll go ahead and start there.
Speaker 5: But before we do that real quick, actually I should say, I want to get your I guess, just overall snapshot your thirty thousand foot view of the AFC South, because, like we talked about, a lot has changed here. What are some of the main storylines you're looking forward to heading into this year's training camp, this year's season here in the AFC South.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's one of the most interesting divisions football for me this year, and it starts because of those young quarterbacks. You got one team in the division and the Jacksonville Jaguars that has approven quarterback for the long term. The rest of the teams are really playing catchup.
Speaker 2: And you saw C. J.
Speaker 4: Stroud go number two to the Texans. Anthony Richardson go number four to the Indianapolis Colts, and then the Tennessee Titans, who will probably start Ryan Tannehill at least the beginning of the year, drafted Will Levis in the second round. And so you got three teams that potentially drafted their long term quarterbacks this year, and so that means a new breadth of quarterbacks in this division will track all three of those quarterbacks coming forward, and then are any of those guys good enough to compete with Trevor Lawrence and the Jags going forward? And so we talked about the AFC South. Let's keep it one hundred. You know, this is a division that we always joke they played Thursday night football every year and you're like, do we want to watch it? We watch it anyway. I don't think that's going to be the case anymore. I think we're really going to be excited. I know I will be to watch AFC South matchups, Like just thinking of about Anthony Richardson versus Trevor Lawrence.
Speaker 2: You know C. J.
Speaker 4: Stroud's in that mix, even if Will Levis gets in there at some point. I think the big thing for this division is which of those quarterbacks is him, since we use that phrase a lot. Him like establishes uf himself as a player fastest and right now CJ. Stroud probably is the favorite for that, but I'm very intrigued with Anthony Richardson and his potential.
Speaker 5: I love BOTHO quarterbacks, especially Stroud. I think that he plays the game the right way in terms of you know, winning from the pocket, ball placement, all that fun stuff.
Speaker 3: And you're talking about those.
Speaker 5: Those Thursday night games, man, I can just picture back to like week thirteen, twenty fourteen.
Speaker 3: Really annually the Jags wear those like you know, pe green.
Speaker 5: Like the like the mashed up stuff you feed your daughter of uniforms, and then the Titans would have those baby blue ones that were that were okay, but they just didn't aesthetically please the I very much when you see that game, especially when it was like four and seven versus four and eight on those late season TNF games. But you talked about, you know, the quarterbacks that coaches in this division too. Now at this point, man like Mike Rabel's proven obviously almost said Frank Reich, but Doug Peterson with the Jaguars as well, and then Shane Stikeen and Dimigo. Ryan's two coaches I think have a chance to really kind of, you know, earn their worth here and show what they're made of in the NFL. I'm sure you'll talk about each of those guys here to go along. But you mentioned the team that the Dolphins will play this year again Week fourteen, Titans coming here for Monday Night football. Let's go ahead and start there, because this is a team that coming into the year, cam Or, I should say the off season, the scuttle butt that I heard on national podcast and things I listened to is that they're going to tear it down and rebuild, and they didn't do that. Like Ryan Tannehill is still there. You know, Malik Willis is drafted in the third round last year. You go second round this year with will Levis. You have depth at quarterback and some young guys that can you know, kind of earn their way as well.
Speaker 3: But they kept Derrick Henry.
Speaker 5: They've been recording this podcast on June fifteenth, that'll come out a while from now, so we'll see what happens here. But they've been linked to DeAndre Hopkins. Doesn't tell like a team of me that wants to rebuild.
Speaker 3: They something. They want to go out and win the division once again. They're in the AFC South.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is not a tanking team.
Speaker 4: I think that was the assumption, like what essentially how you put it was, Hey, you know they bring it in a new GM and ran Carthon. They're getting to the point where the Jags have passed them. The Jags will probably enter this twenty twenty three season as the favorites since division, whereas the Titans for the last four or five years have been that team. They've been good, they haven't got over the hurdle of bad. They've been in number one seed, they've been in the AFC Championship Game, but they haven't yet got over that hurdle. And so the question is has their window expired?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: I think they are retooling rather than rebuilding. And what's interesting about this team is they really tore down their offensive line. They had an aging group with Taylor Lewan and Ben Jones.
Speaker 2: Guys who are really the core of what built.
Speaker 4: This Tennessee Titans franchise from really a laughingstock to a true contender.
Speaker 2: And now they're.
Speaker 4: Starting over with that spot and a couple of other areas while keeping the veterans at other spots, and I think this Titans team could be a pleasant surprise because trust their head coach, Mike Frabele is one of the best head coaches in football, and no matter how much you count them out, they seem to always rise to the occasion. I think it was last year or the year before, maybe both years where they've had the most injured players in the league and most players they've played with, and they still end up competing towards the end. And so this Titans team is very intriguing for me because last year.
Speaker 2: They just did not have much on offense.
Speaker 4: They didn't have the weapons, they didn't have the offensive line play, and so how much better can they be on offense? Trey Lion Burks is their number one receiver, Ryan Tannehill and him had some spurts last year, but can they be more consistent? Derrick Henry as well, You know we started to see him slow down a little bit last year. Is he still a top three, top five running back in this league? They have always battled the Jags very well, and so although I said the Jags will be the favorites, I don't think you should write off the Titans.
Speaker 2: If they play, they're playing their best.
Speaker 4: They have a guy in Jeffrey Simmons, this is one of the best defense tackles in football. Kevin Bayer, who you know, he's had a little bit of rum wins this offseason because they asked him to take a pay cut and he'd decline.
Speaker 2: But he's still a huge leader of that team. And so right now, if.
Speaker 4: You're painting the picture, the Titans are still probably the most the most difficult challenge for the Jags to overcome with their current roster. Now, the question I have for them is if it starts off rocky middle of the season, do they start that.
Speaker 2: Rebuild a little deeper? Do they look.
Speaker 4: Into trading a a Derrick Henry, Do they end up trying to trade a Kevin Bayern?
Speaker 2: Do they end up benching to Ryan Tannehill and.
Speaker 4: Moving forward with a World leves So even though Malik willis these are intriguing questions around midseason, But right now, this Tennessee Titans team is building as if they want to compete for this AFC South title.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they kind of gave themselves two routes there in terms of maybe you can compete for a division. Maybe if it doesn't go so well the first two months, you can get some valuable experience and you know, wins and losses. At that point you still care, but maybe they don't matter as much if you are like we talkalked about earlier four and seven at that point of the year, and I want to talk about that defense I think is pretty underrated still that has been for a long time. A guy like Kevin Bayer, to me, is the microcosm of how underrated it is, because he's been one of the best safeties for a long time and no one seemed to talk about him. But I think cam it's really important these next couple of years for Mike Frable to maybe establish not not necessarily a new identity, but re establish what they want to be on offense because, like you mentioned, Derrick Henry, he can't run that way forever. It's just it's just not possible to be that physically dominant that relied upon for as long as he has been. Like he's actually kind of age better than we thought he would, I think, but at some point it's not going to be the Dereck Henry of old. And I remember listening to again going back to the National podcast, the Around the NFL podcast on NFL Media. Their producer, Justin Graver, is a diehard Titans fan, and he talked about last season how he wants to see the Titans pivot to more of the modern style offensive attack because the Titans for so long have been this, you know, two bad personnel, two tight end personnel. I formation, run the ball with their Henry's out play action passing that way, and that I think maximized Bryan Tannehill's ability to throw the ball down the field off play action. Do you think that happens this season because looking at the weapons right now, like you mentioned, Traylon Burks is you know, a good prospect, still not proven, and then beyond that a lot of unproven names that receiver as well. Can they pivot to that this year or might that take another year? Are they interested in doing that? Like does any of this stuff make sense? I'm just really curious to see how the offense shakes out, not just this year, but down the road as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they have a new offensive coordinator and Tim Kelly, he was essentially the past game coordinator for this team. Last year they moved on from Todd Downing and so it's gonna be his scheme, and so you implement different elements that come from Tim Kelly. He's a guy who's been in a lot of different areas. He's played it, he's been in college, he's been and under Bill O'Brien in New England, and so do we still see more of a Bill O'Briant type of offense here and Tennessee. I think the issue you always run into is Mike Vrabel's going to be who he is the head coach. He's gonna want to play defense, he's gonna want to run the ball. Now, that doesn't mean they always have to be this smash mouth type of style. I think they are understanding of the analytics of football right. This is a team that knows that passing is a passing league. But the problem is their current personnel does not add to that. They may have just being transparent. The worstwide receiver corps football, like Treylon Burks is a really solid player, but beyond him, there's not a lot of proven talent there. So to ask yourself to transform into a Ryan Tannehill led passing attack with not much weapons, it's probably not your best way to be a conducive for success. Now if they make a move like going and get a DeAndre Hopkins. I know they had him in for a visit in June. We're not sure where he is at this point when this podcast runs out, But if they end up getting the DeAndre Hopkins and that exponites maybe that process and maybe you have Traylon Brooks and DeAndre Hopkins, and now that passing game is a.
Speaker 2: Little bit more intriguing.
Speaker 4: Derrick Henry's always been the best player on their team, and just like every good coach, you give the ball to your best players. And so I think, based on their roster, has been the function of their offense. But as we get into an era where Derrick Henry is not the focal point, which is coming. It may not be this year, but Derrick Henry is coming towards the back end of his career. I do think you can see this Titans team adjust to become a little bit more modernized. And as you're discussing and you know, I think Tim Kelly will help with that transition.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think that that really complements what they've done on defense. We talked about it, you know, or I talked about how underrated they've been on that side of the football. I thought that their offseason really did a good job of addressing some needs there as well, going out and getting an Ard and Key and Aziz al Shaire, who I think is an awesome player formerly the forty nine ers, Sean Murphy bunting in that secondary to go along with you know, a secondary it's got lots of draft picks, you know, installed there with a Moni Hooker, you mentioned, Kevin Byerd, Caleb Farley, Christian Fulton. They just they load up in that area. Roger McCrery back there a couple years ago as well. This defense, do you expect him to kind of get back to how they were a couple of years ago, because last season, you know, led by Jeffrey Simmons up front, they're good upfront, but they had some struggles in the back end and just weren't Why the same Titans defense.
Speaker 3: It seems to me safe to assume.
Speaker 5: They can kind of bounce back when getting guy like Harold Landry back as well and kind of get back to, you know, causing issues for opposing offenses, which only helps that style of play they want to play.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think Harold Andry was a huge loss for them before the season even began.
Speaker 2: He's a guy they paid a lot of big money to be.
Speaker 4: Their top outside pass rusher, and getting him back I think will help that front. If you remember the year before, they were the one seed going into the playoffs and literally they had nine sacks against Joe Burrow and they probably should have won that playoff game. That year that the Bengals ended up going to the title game, and the only reason they didn't was because Ryan Tannehill threw three interceptions when it counted. And so this defense has long been sort of their calling card. So Harold Andry back is certainly going to help. Jeffrey Simmons, who I mentioned, is a force down low, and I really like Kevin Byrn on the back end. The question for them has been really their injuries. You mentioned a couple of the corners, Christian Folden and Caleb Farley, were high draft picks brought in to be a huge part of this deal, and both of them have really been plagued with injuries. Caleb Farley has been really hurt since he got drafted into this league, and I believe Christian Fulton started thirty of his fifty games the league, and so that's something where he's not been that consistent on field player that you want, although he's shown flashes of being a number one corner. Roger McCurry flash too, So you can get those three guys playing really good ball. I think that solidifies that Titans defense in a way that you want. But right now there's going to be a lot of pressure on those veterans that I mentioned to really key this defense. Kevin Byer what you mentioned, he's been one of the best safeties in football. Last year, maybe not the season he wanted. If he bounces back to prove that he's still one of the top three safeties in the league, I think that helps this defense. And briefly, on the offensive side of the ball, talking about Tim Kelly, he was the offensive coordinator in Houston when Deshaun Watson was putting up all those crazy numbers, and if that offense can do a little bit more, that helps.
Speaker 2: Out the defensive side of the ball.
Speaker 4: There were a lot of times where the Titans were scoring nine points, ten points, thirteen points, and that puts a lot of pressure on your defense. It can't have any true pass for us snatch because they're trying to you know, they're not having a lot of leads, and so that's.
Speaker 2: Something where this tightens team is going to have to play a little.
Speaker 4: Bit more complimentary football for them to compete for a playoff spot.
Speaker 5: You can't make mistakes either when you have to play that type of defense as well, you have to be very by the rules and play with in the structure of the defense and not taking any chances because you get burned one time, it could be the end of the game if you do that. So very very intriguing stuff there. I think that team and the team are going to pivot too. Next here are two of the most not just in this division intriguing teams, but in the entire league because of that quarterback position, because of the youth, and because of to me, the Colts is who I'm talking about here. Obviously, the Colts were a team that I didn't really see the bottom falling out on them last year like it did. And obviously, you know, dismissing the coach halfway of the season, you're bringing a guy who was working in TV. I mean, this is like getting hired to the Houston Texans. Man like your hometown go back there and go off the NFL network set and go go coach the Houston Texans. I guess it was kind of a strange move there with Jeff Saturday, and it didn't work out that they lost I think every game besides one after that. But now they come back and I'm looking at all these potential reclamation pieces to go along with the quarterback who I'm a lot higher on. I think the most of like draft Twitter, which who cares And obviously the NFL feels the same way because he went that high in the draft. But man, I think Anthony Richardson has a chance to not just start right away, but really make a big impact because this is a team that prior to last year was one of the best running.
Speaker 3: Teams in the NFL.
Speaker 5: And it kind of almost to me, cam feels like a Lamar impact because if Richardson doesn't hit the ground running as a passer, I know for a fact he can run the ball and really comp like Jonathan Taylor in that backfield.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Anthony Richardson was the most intriguing prospect in this draft for me. Spent a lot of time with him in Jacksonville in the pre draft process, learning about who he is and what he's going to be as a player is intriguing because it's a guy who had fifty five percent completion percentage in Florida and one of the top five, and so a lot of people look at that and it's like, what, how does it add up? Well, watch him play, watch his skill set, watch what he can become. And I'm very high on Anthony Richardson. I believe I'm one of the believers who believe he should start from week one because a big question for him was experienced. He only had one year as a starter at Florida, essentially thirteen games, and so how do you learn how to play quarterback more other than playing quarterback? And so they're in a situation where he's got Gardner Minshew, which interesting enough, he and Gardner Minshew trained together in Jacksonville, so they already have a really good relationship and so that helps.
Speaker 2: That backup starter kind of vibe there.
Speaker 4: And I love the fit with Shane Stiking because Shane Stiking was the offensive coordinator with Jalen Hurts and not saying they're the same player, but Jalen had a lot of the same questions coming into the league.
Speaker 2: Is he accurate enough. Is he always going to be a runner first? Right?
Speaker 4: And as we've seen Jalen Hurts became an MVP candidate a Super Bowl leading his team to the Super Bowl as high standards for Anthony Richardson to meet. But I'll tell you what, from year one, I believe he's going to be a top five rusher at his position, and then the passing is something that can be developed as it comes along. They're going to have a scheme ideally that fits more around him than what he did at Florida, And I don't think the learning curve will be as drastic as a lot of people think. When you watch him play, he has the pure quarterback instincts. It's not like you have to redo his whole passing arc. He's a pure thrower. He has some footwork issues, he has some inconsistency when pressure's coming about. But these things, to me are coachable with reps, with good teaching from NFL coaching, and Shane Stiken's a good fit there. So I'm really eager to see Anthony Richardson. Not only is he exciting to watch and break off an eighty yard touchdown run, he could also throw the ball seventy yards. I literally saw him throw the ball sixty seven yards across his body like Derek Jeter pull on a web gym in a practice session. And so there's just something about having that type of playmaker that, hey, we're gonna figure it out, you know, even if it isn't the most purest, the most prettiest, we're gonna figure it out. And I love that we're in this new era of quarterback play where you don't have to be that pure pocket passer who throws the ball.
Speaker 2: And the most curirest mechanics.
Speaker 4: You're seeing Patrick Mahomes as a former baseball player, kind of throw some side arms.
Speaker 2: Same for Josh Allen.
Speaker 4: Like a lot of you guys have different ways of going about quarterback play. But as long as you generate wins and playmaking and can make the plays when it counts, that I think teams are understanding there's a new idea of quarterback play, and so I think the Colts in this Anthony Richardson era are going to be one of the most intriguing teams to watch this year.
Speaker 5: There's two baseball references and one answer there from Cam Wollf For those counting at home, and I do it probably once a week where I make a baseball to football comparison, So I know there was reason I liked you Cam talking about some baseball here on the podcast.
Speaker 3: Man, it makes sense.
Speaker 5: I've always said, like a shortstop, you know, the way they throw the baseball from different arm angles can help a quarterback long term. So if you're out there in your young quarterback, go play shorts off at your high school team as well and get those different arm slots, you know, to become second nature for your muscle memory. But I'm conflicted here, Cam, because I go back to I want to say it was two years ago in the podcast they were gonna start rolling out Anthony Richardson for the Florida Gators, and he came out and like scored a touchdown at halftime or right before halftime, and like did a backflip like a backhandspring, and I was like, wait, that guy's six foot five, two forty doing that.
Speaker 3: He's gonna be the first pick in the draft.
Speaker 5: So I've always loved him, But I also kind of want to see Gardner Minshew get a chance because Goku's baby. You want to see him start some games and finally get a chance to play somewhere I spent a long time since he has, So that's cool. A fun quarterback competition there, and like you talked about, a good relationship. But I think regardless of who plays quarterback, this Colts team is going to live and die by what happens in the trenches and in the.
Speaker 3: Running back position.
Speaker 5: Because when they were going right back in twenty twenty one, it was Jonathan Taylor going for big games, big games and touchdowns and all the stuff that you saw him do for that Colts offense behind an offensive line that has premium resources across the board led by a I just forgot his name, Quentin Nelson.
Speaker 1: Geez.
Speaker 5: But those guys were so impactful and then last year like they weren't. So how do they get that back? And what did you see there last year from the Colts upfront in the rushing game?
Speaker 2: Yeah, their offensive line was was very underachieving.
Speaker 4: They put too much money to me high draft picks for the offensive line to play the way they did. And so there's really a challenge for a lot of these guys just simply to play better. You know, They've they've made some additions and tweaks on that offensive line that potentially helped. But a lot of it is guys you mentioned, like Quentin Nelson is a Pro Bowl All Pro guard. He did not play at that caliber last year. He's got to play better, you know, Kelly their center, same way. These are players who are very good and for whatever reason, maybe it's just the flow of the offense or whatever it was, didn't kind of didn't step up to the way they want and that affected Jonathan Taylor, that affected the entire offense. I think Anthony Richardson helps all of that. You know, I don't know what his stat line is going to be this year, but the fact that you always have to prepare as a defense for Anthony Richardson as a runner creates lanes for Jonathan Taylor. The fact that's an offensive line that you can get down a hill a little bit more with both your quarterback and your running.
Speaker 2: Back, I think helps you. And it should help the play action game as well. I remember going to Colts training camp last year and we're talking about Matt Ryan and could he reserves his team and potential playoff team, and they went four to twelve and one last year. They weren't even close.
Speaker 4: They weren't even close to the playoffs, and it can show you just how how much things can shift. But I'm glad they're finally off the quarterback paracel. I think it was five straight years where they had a different quarterback and so now they have a long term mancer. One thing I'm really intrigued to watch with this team is Michael Pittman has been their number one receiver.
Speaker 2: I needed to see him take that next step to being.
Speaker 4: You know, he's been a very decent to solid number one, but I need even take that next step. And I thought he was going to do it last year the offense as a hole was down. Can he do it this year? Ultimately, Who's going to be his second weapon? That was a big question for them last year. I don't know if we have a true answer yet this year, but that that's something there. Anthony Richards is gonna need those reliable playmakers that he can trust on that side of the ball. And so this Colts teams is an intriguing team. I don't know if they're as far ahead as the Jags or even the Titans, but this is a team where a year or two from now, they can figure this out.
Speaker 2: Maybe they can compete for the top of this division.
Speaker 5: I'm intrigued by by Josh Downs. I've always liked Isaiah McKenzie's game. Alec Pierce is a good player for them too, So it's like you said, that's a that's a fun training camp battle to watch.
Speaker 3: There for the receiver two, three, four positions.
Speaker 5: And before we pivot here to the Jacksonville Jaguars, just real quick, you know you mentioned the defense there and doing this this exercise last year. I always liked this during the summertime season preview because it kind of gives me more in depth knowledge of every team and go back and watch them tape and just kind of get a feel for the league. Doing this, I was, you know, everyone picked the Colts with Matt Ryan to win the AFC South last year, like it was a given right, but it didn't work out that way at all, like you mentioned, And when I was doing this, I was like, their defensive back depth is not there. It's very thin. I think they've even traded Stefan Gilmour in season at some point. So to go from that to what they are now, because I'm looking at the roster Julius Brents I think he's got a chance to be a great player. Second round draft pick for them, they get Darius Roush as well from South Carolina, camp Smith's teammate here at the Miami Dolphins in college. So defense, they add Samson ebucom as well. Who else did I put my list here? Taekwon Lewis? So have they done enough on defense to kind of round out this group because that's an area they have to play better at as well.
Speaker 4: They've got to play a lot better. I think one of the lasting memories I have for the Colts. So I went to training camp and I had a conversation with their GM Chris Baller, and it was about their linebacker Shack Leonard right. He has been a All Pro player there, it's been kind of struck with injuries the past couple of years, particularly back injuries, and he was, you know, I asked him, straight blank, what's the situation for Shack? Because everybody was saying he's gonna be ready for week one, He's gonna be ready for week one.
Speaker 2: And Ballot gave me a little bit different tone.
Speaker 4: He was like, hey, you know, we hope to get him at point this year, And to me, that kind of was like huh, And to me, I thought that was the start of when we saw the decline of this Coast defense. Shaq Leonards the guy in the middle, the guy who runs everything, and he only played three games last year one start. He was never the same, and I got to see, is he going to be back?
Speaker 2: Is he going to be a player that he once was.
Speaker 4: If he's not, then I don't know how much trust I have in this Coast defense. I think he's when he's healthy, maybe the best off ball linebacker in the league. I think that highly of him, but he hasn't been healthy in a long time. DeForest Buckner is also a force in the middle. He had eight sacks last year, maybe not the caliber that he's typically at. They need a little bit more pass rush. Yannick and Gockway is a free agent. He was their top pass rusher last year. I'm a little concerned about what they have is a defensive front. Can they get enough pressure on the quarterback to kind of lay off those defensive backs you were talking about.
Speaker 2: Those are some questions I have about this Colt team going into training camp.
Speaker 5: A couple of guys coming back off injury, as well as quitty pay and die out out of Oh geez oda yingbo. I don't know, man, I'm really bad at the those pronunciations in those names. But both those guys coming off injury could be intrigued for that pass rush as well, to go along with Grover Stewart up front. So intriguing team there, intriguing players up and down the roster. We're gonna go ahead and take our last break here of the episode and come back on the other side. We saved the division winner for third here on the podcast Jaguars Coming your way next, Cameron Wolf my guest day for NFL Network Draft Time podcast, your host Travis Wingfield, brought to you by Auto Nation. So you're wondering why have we waited till the third team or the third team to go off of here for the division champs from last year, the surprising Jacksonville Jaguars who started the season off slow and went on a tear towards the end to take the AFC South to win a playoff game goal up to Kansasity really compete with the Chiefs for three or four quarters there. That was a pretty good game up until the very end. But you know the reason I put him here, cam Is because it's pretty much the same team.
Speaker 3: It's almost like, you know, rinse, repeat, try it again.
Speaker 5: I think that's probably a good strategy when you have a young, ascending quarterback on a team that played their best balled in the stretch. So I have to imagine you can tell me the answer on this. It has to be built around the idea of not just getting Calvin Ridley back from a suspension, but Trevor Lawrence and your number three starting to look at the quarterback that we all thought he was gonna be when he was the number one pick and you know, kind of the next Andrew Luck level prospect. It's all kind of coming together for that guy, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, second half of the season, we saw Trevor Lawrence become really remind himself that he is Trevor Lawrence.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: I spent a lot of time in Jacksonville, particularly in the back end of the season when they got on this run, and talking with a lot of the coaches there. They mentioned like it was like week nine where it just like clicked for him, And a.
Speaker 2: Part of it is lucky. He had a rough rookie season. Urban Meyer.
Speaker 4: You know, we know all the stories about what happened when urban Meyer there. They essentially threw that out. It was like a rookie season again for him, starting with Doug Peterson, and Doug Peterson has a very quarterback friendly system. But the intriguing part is you got a quarterback like Trevor Lawrence who's been a five star guy, who's always had so much control.
Speaker 2: I think that took some time for him to trust the coaches, trust the system. And it may seem weird to say. The coaches were trying to describe it to me that we nine week ten. It's sort of like he trusted that, Hey, this is what we should do, and then he made it his own and you start to see him make a lot of heroics. They had a run of comeback victories where they were coming from ten plus down and winning.
Speaker 4: I was at a Ravens game where they were going back and forth with Lamar and he outdueled Lamar, and that's that was the game that opened my.
Speaker 2: Eyes and said, hey, this is Trevor Lawrence's arrival.
Speaker 4: And then it was capped off, really in my mind by that playoff come back against Justin Herbert and the Chargers where he threw I think three or four interceptions in the first half, and everybody was getting their jokes off on Twitter.
Speaker 2: Aby you know, Trevor's throwing all.
Speaker 4: These picks and then he's like, okay, buckles the chin strappers, like let's go. And so, you know, talking about this team going into this year, I'm hearing that he's going to have more ontonomy at the line of scrimmage, more control. And you mentioned halvn Ridley. I think that's one of the most underrated additions they made, because you forget the last time we saw Calvin Ridley on the field, he was a fourteen hundred yard receiver for the Atlanta Falcons playing on a broken foot. And so now he's healthy, he's kind of dealt with the suspension from gambling, some mental health issues, and you say, if he's right, and that's still a question right now. If he's right, then this guy immediately becomes number one for a team that already had a pretty solid crew of weapons. Christian Kirk, Evan Ingram, Say Jones, Travis etn All these guys had sort of career high best seasons last year under Trevor Lawrence, and so I wouldn't be shocked, and I hope this is not given to high take. I wouldn't be shocked if one, this Jaguars team is a top ten offense this year, and two if Trevor Lawrence is one of the top five candidates for the MVP. I think that's that's just the way he's playing. I think that's the way this team is built. And I think that this team is the overwhelming favorite for the AFC. South Jacksonville Jaguars had a run about five years ago where they had the Saxonville Era with Jayalen Ramsey and Klais Campbell and they made it the AFC Championship.
Speaker 2: That year was a special year.
Speaker 4: This past year felt different because fans knew this is just the beginning, right, this is the start of something that's sustainable. That year was a defense led team with some guys that were becoming free agents.
Speaker 2: Quarterback was Blake Bortles. It's hard to believe.
Speaker 4: In this year, you got the Trevor Lawrence, you've got the coach, and Doug Peterson, who's been amazing for them. Turned things completely around and they went from a team that had the number one overall pick back.
Speaker 2: To back seasons.
Speaker 4: So winning a playoff game, and to me, they've got to be one of the three to four teams in the AFC that had the best chance of getting to the ball.
Speaker 3: You mentioned Trevor Lawrence.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's kind of what we expected from this guy when his freshman year at Clemson, when he was coming out. I remember watching his spring game that year and he was just dialing up Mike Williams with dime after diamond. This guy can freaking play man. Now to have a chance to kind of see it come to fruition, and you know, I think it's always a valuable lesson for folks to understand context that happens around a player, because that that rookie year, you know, the coaching situation was not, let's just say not ideal. Yes, Lawrence's rookie year, it played out that way because he just didn't look at the.
Speaker 3: Same guy to me.
Speaker 5: But now he's definitely looking like that number one overall pick, and like, like we've talked about the generational prospect, it gets thrown around all the time like he was that guy. So I think that's kind of where it starts and ends. I don't really have anything else here, because, like we said, they're kind of running it back. Like you mentioned Calvin really I love his game man, Like he came here for joint practices.
Speaker 3: Was it two years ago?
Speaker 5: I forget and he him and X were having some great battles back and forth and they just remember really good pros.
Speaker 3: Was that two years ago? Was it last year now?
Speaker 2: Two years ago?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was two years ago because Calvin was suspended last year, So it was two years ago going into that twenty twenty one season where he had that that that breakout season. That's when the Falcons and the Dolphins had joint practices, which they will have again this.
Speaker 2: Summer, which will be fun to watch.
Speaker 4: You get to see Drake London and Kyle Pitz and b John Robinson, who actually just saw this week, those Dolphins defensive backs. So one thing on the Jags that I want to mention first, on Ridley, the thing that was missing in that offense last year was a deep threat and he did somebody to really stretch defenses. They were essentially having Zay Jones be their defense. Zay Jones is a good player. He's not Calvin Ridley. That doesn't have that speed. He doesn't threaten defenses that way, and so Calvin Ridley doing that will will be another thing to stress defenses and really having this level of offense from week one.
Speaker 2: You remember, the first half of the season was rough for the Jags.
Speaker 4: They went through a five game losing streak in October and so it wasn't until the second half if they turned it on.
Speaker 2: That's why they had to catch up.
Speaker 4: The Tennessee Titans, I think had a four game division lead, and the Jags marched them down to get that title. And so that's why I think you see this team start earlier. We talked a lot of positive for the Jags. The two questions I do have about them as a team is their offensive line. They lost to Juwan Taylor and free agency that the Chiefs who was the right tackle, really solid player, and then Cam Robinson is facing the suspension.
Speaker 2: He's their left tackle, and.
Speaker 4: So you're you're likely gonna have Walker Little, who was the second round pick a couple of years ago, in their first round pick this year at Antoine Harrison starting at left tackle and right tackle, and so Trevor's really good at getting the ball out of his hands quickly. But having those two young players protect your outside is something that's a little worrisome for me. And the second thing, we haven't talked much about their defense. They have some good pieces, but they really struggled against the pass last year. I think they were a bottom seven or eighteen against the pass. And so Tyson Campbell's a really good corner, but I do have some questions about their cornerback depth and their overall defensive back depth. And then pass rush. They need more from their pass rushers. I watched them play the Chiefs twice last year. They sacked Patrick Mahomes zero times combined in those twos and so you cannot play the best quarterbacks in football and not get a hand on and so those are the two things that have me not ready to put the Jags all the way over the top. They got a fixed those, but overall, I think this Jags team is very, very good and they're heading in the right direction.
Speaker 2: For a long time.
Speaker 5: It's a roster where a fan could look at it and convince themselves that every single position group has a guy that's going to take a big step, because, like you talked about, they've had so many high draft picks over the years, and just looking at the list, obviously the pass rush, like Trayvon Walker was number one pick. It's got to come on this year, like it's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: He's got to go.
Speaker 5: I'm a huge Devin Lloyd fan. I thought Chad Muma was a great prospect there. I've always loved Travis Etn Like Christian Kirk was a guy I loved a couple of years ago out of A and M. So they've got all kinds of guys that have played well in flashes but.
Speaker 3: Need a little more consistency, and I think they get that.
Speaker 5: They could, like you talked about that to me is the key that and Lawrence could be the reason they go from you know, like we talk about four seed a nine to eight division champion to actually ten eleven, twelve wins and really competing deep into January. So it's intriguing, man, It's a fun roster to look at here.
Speaker 2: It is look at us.
Speaker 4: We get excited pumping up to AFC South football. This is a new era of football, you know. I think I think a lot of fans would have thought a lot differently they c South before this year, and so I'm very intrigued. I think they're gonna have a lot of games that people are gonna want to watch. They're gonna have some primetime games and whether it's at Jaggs with Trevor Lawrence and this team or the Colt with Anthony Richardson.
Speaker 2: We haven't talked about the Texans yet with c J. Stroud that I think.
Speaker 4: I think these teams are going to create some interesting storylines throughout the year and not just a ough we got to watch this team again.
Speaker 2: Tight storylines.
Speaker 5: Hey man, I'll watch football on any day, anytime of the week. Like, give me a NFL I'm gonna watch it. I always like, again, going back to your colleagues here NFL Around the NFL podcast, Gray Rosenthal always says he's always dokee for all three two teams because you always have different storylines worth tracking. And that's what that's where you and I think, you know, we get along here so well because we're just big football fans and you can't get enough of it. And you mentioned the Houston Texas. That will go ahead and finish here with your hometown Houston Texans. And again, this is a team that I cannot wait to see because for the last couple of years and two years ago they had that really crazy free agency that just like blew my mind when they signed like twenty five guys to like one year deals, and it was like, you know, like Philip Lindsay was a guy like it was Philip Lindsay, Rex Burkhead, those types of guys that have always been two or threes in their depth charts in the past, and they just loaded up their roster with those guys. But now you're starting to see some of the cream rise the top, some premier talent. It starts at the quarterback position. You know, you mentioned earlier the quarterback position evolving a little bit, and I agree it definitely is with how these guys can You know, the Patrick Mahomes Madden game where he has that like diving past. Its ridiculous, by the way, why don't put that in the game. It's outrageous.
Speaker 3: But you know CJ.
Speaker 5: Stroud was a baller of Ohio State because he won from the pocket because he was so dang accurate and so poison in the pocket. Man, if you can't tell, I am so fire up about CJ.
Speaker 3: Stroud. Do you feel the same way I do?
Speaker 2: Cam, Yeah, so, c J.
Speaker 4: Stroud it was such an interesting prospect because he was going neck and neck with Bryce Young throughout the draft prospect process and then the last couple of weeks there's a lot of these reports that leak out about his S two tests all this. I'm pumped to see what type of chip he has on his shoulder because he's kind of hearing a few of his comments. I think he I think he feels a little slighted. I think he feels like, you know, there's something he has to prove. And I think that we're gonna see a different CJ. Stroud than we saw from much of the season Ohio State. He was really good at art State. But the one thing I think they didn't do is they didn't show his athleticism. We saw that at the very end this last game, I think against Georgia, where he saw what he could do as a runner. But I think that he's a lot more athletic than people give him credit for, which which should be effective in this offense. And I'm really intrigued how he plays because this offensive line for the Texans, unlike most you know, bottom three teams, they have a really good offensive line. Miami friend Laramie Tunsel is leading that group. You also have a lot of really good players. Tightest Titus Howard is a really good player there. They have some good guard play, and so this is a group where a rookie quarterback. A lot of times they get thrown into the fire because you know it's a bad team. He's going to be heed pretty well, and he's got a good running back and Damian Pierce there. This is a team that was a bottom three offense last year, bottom three defense, but there is some talent on this team. I'm intrigued to see what they do at the wide receiver position. They dumped up Brandon Cooks and so they don't really have a number one, maybe not even a number two. But I love Tank Dell. I'm Houston Cougar, so maybe it's a little bit of bias here, but Tank Dell's I was about to say, Tank Dell is a great route runner, and so I wouldn't be shocked if he can establish himself very quickly as a go to receiver for CJ.
Speaker 2: Stroud.
Speaker 4: They also have Robert Woods who they signed. He came off a rough year in Tennessee, but he was coming off with torny AHTL. Maybe we see a rejuvenated version of him along with Nico Collins who was already there before. So it's gonna be intriguing to see how much of a step this Texans team could take.
Speaker 2: They shouldn't be at bottom three offense.
Speaker 4: Again, I don't know if they improved to average, but maybe a five to ten spot jump is the progression you want to see for this team. I really like Denico Ryans as a higher I think that he has been a head coach in waiting for the last couple of years.
Speaker 2: And I really like their aggressiveness.
Speaker 4: You know, you can talk about the value all you want, but the aggressiveness of getting c d. Stroup but also making the trade up to get Will Anderson for this defense. Those are going to be the cornerstones of this team and they will sink or swim based on how good CJ and Will are. And so those are pretty two pretty good dudes to build your franchise on. The Texans, like the Colts, are probably not a team that I viewed competing for the division this year, but a couple of years down the line, when their young talent goes together with the rest of their roster, we could be looking at this Texans team as a really good one.
Speaker 2: So definitely one that will will watch.
Speaker 4: Maybe not a ton of wins this season, but a lot more exciting than than the Davis Mills era last year.
Speaker 3: I just spect, yeah, I was good. I was gonna say, I'm really excited to see it.
Speaker 5: Maybe a guy diving some Bobby Slowick coaching clinks here because I don't know much about him, and just looking at the roster and how you know the depth of the roster and the strength of the roster on off, it looks to me like you know, lots of two back and two tight end sets because he Dalton Schultz and Damian Pears and Devin Singletary and that and Brevin Gjeordan, a bunch of guys that can make plays at running back and tight end. But you, like you mentioned receiver position, a lot of unproven names. They're outside of Robert Woods, who will see if he's a can get back to that previous form. So I'm just curious to see how they build it around CJ. Stroud and if he if he ultimately wins the battle, I think he will over Davis Mills.
Speaker 3: But you touched on something.
Speaker 5: I want to go ahead and finish with my question here on the Houston Texans with the the Will Anderson trade because you know, like you said, the value was didn't favor the Texans in terms of that trade up with the Cardinals, but you did get a player who and this is always so funny to me, can because two again, two years ago, this is a guy that surefire number one overall pick, Will Anderson's the best. We get to the draft process and guys start to knock him down like old, maybe he's not the high upside, Like what are you talking about. He was as high upside as you can possibly be there at Alabama. So, but one of the things I wanted to ask you was Demiko Ryans, and you know, having those Bama ties with a guy like Will Anderson, who we've heard about his character and work ethic, that's like a move where you get your leader of the offense right and Cej Straut the second pick, but then you come back on defense and you do the exact same thing. Is that kind of the thinking there about Will Anderson that it's beyond just the production but what he brings to the culture of the Houston Texans.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, you get your quarterback on offense quarterback on defense.
Speaker 4: I mean, defensive linement are typically that quarterback, But I mean that is sort of the the sort of cornerstone of each of your sides to the ball. And you think about it this way, And I don't want to put too much on Will Will Anderson.
Speaker 2: I think he's going to be a very good player.
Speaker 4: I think that he's I hate to use the phrase can't miss, but I think that you know, we're maybe talking about is he an eight to ten sack guy versus a fifteen sack guy. I think, regardless, he's going to be a guy that you're you're happy with every year.
Speaker 2: You know, the ceiling whatever will figure that out.
Speaker 4: But I think that he's going to be at minimum a eight to ten sack guy every year. But the reason I brought that up when you talk about Deniko one of his first years in San fran there they had a guy the last name Bosa, and that really that taking him.
Speaker 2: I think it was second overall.
Speaker 4: Will entering third overall really started the change of the San Francisco forty nine ers defense.
Speaker 2: He was able to.
Speaker 4: Really dictate a lot of what offenses did because of the pressure and the disruption he had. And I can't help but think that Demico Ryans when he's watching tape, maybe he's not saying that's Bosa, but maybe, just maybe, if I can get ninety percent of a Nick Bosa, eighty five percent of a Nick Bosa, this is a guy that can lead our turnaround for this defense. And I think Will Anderson has that sort of potential. As far as the.
Speaker 2: Character, it seems flawless.
Speaker 4: I'm sure they've had a lot of conversations with Nick Saban about who he is as a guy. And I think that you're gonna be talking five years from now and C. J. Stroud and Will Anderson and Demico Ryans are going to be competing for AFC South titles, maybe with the Colts, maybe with the Jags, maybe with the Titans. We'll see how the volves. But I think I feel really good about the long term future of the Texans. I don't know much about how many wins they have this year, next year, but three to five years down the line, I think this Texans team is going to feel really good about itself.
Speaker 5: That's gonna be music to Texans fans ears because it's been such a struggle the last couple of years, you know, coaching changes, every year for the last few years as well. So to get some consistency there and kind of have a plan and a vision for the long term future certainly will be nice. And I always say, you know, trust a coach that specializes in a certain area when he goes after a guy like like you said that the Bosa comparison to Anderson there. You know Mike McDaniel last year talking about to a tongue of b I Lowa trust him.
Speaker 3: He knows what he wants, what he's doing with this.
Speaker 5: What this offense requires, and he was pretty right with with to his performance a year ago. Just around this out here, Robert Woods, you mentioned him, Jimmy Ward, m J. Stewart, case Keenum, Chase Winovich. They traded for Shaq Mason, Sheldon, Rankins, Dalton Schultz. Busy off season there for the Houston Texans and Cam I told you.
Speaker 2: Uh going Texans. Jalen Petree, remember that name. He's a very very good player.
Speaker 4: I feel strongly about the safety here, Javon Holland, but I think he's in that group along with Javon of This is the next era of great safeties that we're going to be talking about. Some of the guys we talked about for a long time are getting a little early older when we talk about it, Kevin Byard or a Justin Simmons. Some of these guys are getting towards their thirty thirty year age, and I think some of these younger guys are going to become on those lists. And so Jalen Petre is a name to watch for the Sexan team too.
Speaker 5: I'm glad you mentioned he actually picked off to a last year that got called back because the cornerback pulled the receiver down, but he made a great play to pick him off and didn't count. But you can still say, yeah, that was pretty impressive what he just said right there. So yeah, fun division man. We said we were going to do a half hour. We didn't make that happen. But that's okay. Let's go ahead and finish up here with how we do this. Every single episode in the summer preview series are division superlatives. Cam just real briefly here, you can just give you the name. You don't have to describe it if you don't want to. Your top quarterback here in the AFC South.
Speaker 2: Trevor Lawrence.
Speaker 3: That's much to say there.
Speaker 2: He's special.
Speaker 5: He's a special look good this one though, This one, I'm not quite sure if I have my answer. I wrote one down, But who's the best non quarterback player on offense in this divison?
Speaker 3: M it's a tough one.
Speaker 2: That is a tough one non offense.
Speaker 5: Or not non quarterback on offense. A receiver, tight end, offensive line, running back.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's a good question.
Speaker 4: Oh, I think I still believe it's Derrick Henry.
Speaker 2: I still believe it's Derrick Henry.
Speaker 4: I know he's declining, but Derick Henry is a guy that keeps keeps off the defensive coordinators up every night, and so I think Derrick Henry is still the answer there.
Speaker 5: I took Quentin Nelson just because I don't think last year was who he was, and before that he was like a surefire first team All Pro left guards. I'm staying with my guy, Quentin Nelson about your best defensive player in the division.
Speaker 4: Here, Yeah, best defensive player should know you know.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go with Jeffrey Simmons.
Speaker 5: That's my pick too, Jeffrey Simmons fan.
Speaker 4: Thinking back to the other question, Jonathan Taylor's could compete for that.
Speaker 2: That best non quarterback offensive player.
Speaker 4: But I'm going heavy Tennessee apparently, so Dereck Henry and Jeffrey Simmons.
Speaker 5: He depri from folks man. How about the top coach here? This one to me seems pretty pretty given as well. I will I don't know, maybe not.
Speaker 4: So I will have to say Doug Peterson here. Yeah, he's won a Super Bowl. I think he changed that whole jackson culture. I'm a big Mike Rabel fan. I think that he's see the top five or six head coach. He just happens to be in a division with another top five or six head coach.
Speaker 2: So Doug Peterson for me, slightly edges out Mike Brable.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Paul, just Mike Rabel. It's not that easy. That's I had forgotten him for a half second there, Now I remember him. So he's right there with Doug Peterson and the division champ. I think we both agree here Jacksonville, Jacksonville.
Speaker 2: Jaguars a lot more comfortably than they did last year.
Speaker 3: He is at Cameron Wolf on Twitter.
Speaker 5: Also get on that TikTok account because he's dropping elite father daughter content there as well, which you know, I love seeing that stuff. Cam go ahead and tell us what's coming down the pike this summer. Tell us what you're working on and where you'll be my friend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll be.
Speaker 4: Doing a lot of coverage of all divisions kind of through the summer.
Speaker 2: I'll take a little bit of time from Baker during this period.
Speaker 4: I don't know when this pod is coming out, but I will be hosting Good Morning Football in July, the week of July ninth, and so because before July ninth, tune in. The Good Morning Football off is after hopefully, hopefully you watched and got some clips, so I'll be doing that, and then we'll prep for training camp starting in late July. So this is our summer break season, so you'll see sporadic coverage in there, but we gear up for a little bit of rest before the big.
Speaker 5: Big season and a couple of shots out of the beach too. I'm sure this summer as you enjoy some time off, but we'll see how our training camp. Man, appreciate your time today, you did some heavy lifting for us and thanks as always.
Speaker 2: Cam appreciate you. Travis, thanks man, and.
Speaker 3: There he goes really fun episode.
Speaker 5: They're talking all things AFC South, also hearing from Dolphins fullback alec Ingold. That's going to be the next seven episodes after this, which takes you all the way up to the week of July seventeenth. That's what we're going to get into our positional previews and also hear from more players that we did the walk in talks with, so plenty of player interviews, plenty of divisional previews, positional previews. It's my favorite time of year, I think of the off season because a little bit of vacation but also getting ready for the upcoming year. All that anticipation builds, and you guys are gonna hear that here on the podcast. So let's get out of here. Super super long episode. Subscribe, rate, review, follow on social, all that fun stuff. Check out the team YouTube channel, check out Miami Dolphins dot com. Until next time, Finn's up, Caroline, Cameron, Daddy, He's coming forward.