Speaker 1: You're tuned into Heat Check with Trystal Quick.
Speaker 2: On this episode of the Heat Check, the Josh Primo saga in San Antonio gets a little more meaty and I am now this episode turning into private Dick Crick to get to the bottom of it.
Speaker 1: The Timberwolves have a huge problem, and finally people are starting to realize it.
Speaker 2: And now there is more developing situations on the Kyrie anti semitism situation. That is a sentence I never thought I would say until this week.
Speaker 1: Plus some news from around the league.
Speaker 2: In a very short interview with Travis Thomas, our guy who is now at Nessen, about the potential email you donk Iron Brooklyn, Yeah, so much, Pop and Nick drop that fucking beat.
Speaker 1: So today it comes out, I got people in my inbox, Het tres use you this? You see that ESPN story?
Speaker 2: This? Why do they think I want? Why do they think I want? These unsolicited links?
Speaker 1: We don't we know.
Speaker 2: I have to add, they have to ask for my consent to send me things about even just the news about a Dick pic I want to consent to. So we got a little more details on the Josh Primo cacophony.
Speaker 1: Get it cacophony.
Speaker 2: I have to say, there's been so much synonyms searching today. Anyway, It's something, it is something. If you haven't heard this news, I don't even know how to talk about it, but it's pretty much the biggest news in the NBA right.
Speaker 1: Now, So you know, I'm gonna try. Here are the facts.
Speaker 2: So as you know, Josh Primo, we talked about this on the last pod, has been released from the San Antonio Spurs for potentially allegedly exposing himself to who.
Speaker 1: Now we know who. Here are the facts. Doctor Hilary Coffin.
Speaker 2: Was the Spurs sports psychologist right she was treating Josh Primo in a medical capacity in December twenty twenty one when she alleged that he exposed himself. According to her lawsuit, she reported it to the Spurs management in January twenty twenty two. Now listen, I'm not a calendar expert, and we don't know the exact timing of the situation or the incident.
Speaker 1: The therapy session.
Speaker 2: Could have occurred on December thirtieth, she could have reported it to the Spurs January second, so it could be a few days between December and January. But I don't know if that's what the statement really implies. Right anyway, that, according to doctor Coffin, here's where it gets interesting, Primo exposed himself to her during therapy sessions no less than.
Speaker 1: Nine times over the following months.
Speaker 2: Can we just say that one more time, just to get it together and just get it straight. She's alleging that Primo exposed himself to her during therapy sessions no less than nine time, not ten, not just a clean number, no less than nine.
Speaker 1: So she has documented nine.
Speaker 2: And there may be more during a period of months.
Speaker 1: Pause, there's a lot. There's a lot. There isn't there, There's a lot.
Speaker 2: First of all, let me just unequivocally make this known, because I'm making light of this, so I want it to be known as a female on the internet that lives my life on the internet gets paid from stuff on the internet.
Speaker 1: I am one hundred.
Speaker 2: Percent opposed to unexpected, unprovoked dick in any capacity, in any capacity, photos in real life, IRL, you know, IRL.
Speaker 1: Dick, photo, dick, all of it.
Speaker 2: If I didn't ask for said in yeah it even if we're being intimate, if maybe I don't want to see it tonight, you know, like so pretty much all women have to deal with this.
Speaker 1: And to that end, I will say that is bad.
Speaker 2: It's really bad. There's a reason why it's jail for exposing yourself. And I believe that doctor Coffin did not want to see Josh Primo's dick. I believe that, and I think that's horrible. And I do believe that she probably went to the Spurs management and said, hey, do you think maybe Josh could uh come to the sessions with sweatpants on.
Speaker 1: Versus shorts? Uh? And it leads me to the following point. First of all, there's only.
Speaker 2: A few ways that exposing yourself happens, right. Pants on are not one of them, unless you're unzipping and letting things fly. But how many dick exposures does it take for you to say something?
Speaker 1: Think about that? Think about that?
Speaker 2: To me, there's only really one right answer, and it's two.
Speaker 1: It's two.
Speaker 2: The first time, it could be an accident, unless someone was like, what do you think about this? You know, But if if it's not that, because that's one that the answer to that is one, Hey, no nobody wants that.
Speaker 1: But if it's like on the slide, if it's dick, on the sly it's two.
Speaker 2: Because if you see someone's penis through their underneath their shorts or popping out.
Speaker 1: Could be an accident, could be like turtle turtle, could.
Speaker 2: Be an accident. Right, second time, it's a pattern. Right second time, we got problems. You need to say, listen, this stick is uninvited to the party.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean. The stick's not a part of our sessions. You know what I mean. Needed to put him away nine times?
Speaker 2: At least you saw Josh Primo's dick at least nine times.
Speaker 1: And you're a therapist, you're a medical professional. It all just is getting a little weird to me.
Speaker 2: No, nobody should have that again, unequivocally, you know, we are anti that nobody should have to be reminded that they need to listen, put your dick away.
Speaker 1: But maybe.
Speaker 2: You know, boys are telling us by the time they could walk right three years old, four.
Speaker 1: Years old, they take off their pants, they take off.
Speaker 2: Their diaper, they're running around, they're waving it around, and then the parents scrab them aside. They say no, no, no, you can't do that anymore. No dick out on the streets. But Primo obviously didn't get the message. Now, she didn't tell them, didn't say anything to him. That's what his lawyers are alleging. She has not said that she ever told him, but Primo is also accused of exposing himself in Las Vegas at Summer League as well also on the road this year in Minnesota at the hotel.
Speaker 1: Primo's team says, it's all an accident.
Speaker 2: This is where again we're starting to get into strange territory. Did it was strictly this is the quote, folks, quote not for me.
Speaker 1: This is the quote.
Speaker 2: Strictly a wardrobe malfunction resulting from this is what I thought it could be too. This is where my mind went, resulting from laying down on a couch in basketball shorts, obviously with no underwear.
Speaker 1: That is their quote.
Speaker 2: Wardrobe malfunction taken strictly out of the Janet Jackson Super Bowl handbook. I don't know that holds water at a court of all, you know what I mean. The bottom line, though, is this, He is now stating he's in therapy for her. He is now stating Josh Primo is now stating I almost didn't talk about this, but so ludicrous. Josh Primo said, I am now seeking treatment for this trauma. Imagine his new therapist when she finds out what he's seeking trauma for and why he was removed from the team. I have questions, were there any therapy sessions where he didn't exposes dick or were they all of them? Right? What percentage of dick out versus dick in are we talking about?
Speaker 1: Was it one? Was it one out of every ten?
Speaker 2: You're like, oh, yeah, once at every We've had ninety sessions, have only seen his dick nine times?
Speaker 1: Was this a case of this is important? This is very important to ask. Is this a case of sleeping dog or barking dog? You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Sleeping or barking? Was the maleman at the door? Or was dog back in the closet sleeping in its house? We can't have angry worm situations here, because that's.
Speaker 1: Now a whole other thing.
Speaker 2: Is this a case of Josh Primo just not liking to wear draws.
Speaker 1: He's Is this a case? Honestly? Is this a case.
Speaker 2: Where the San Antonio Spurs didn't provide him with the proper equipment, not shorts, the right size, shirts, the right size.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Maybe he's a free baller at heart? Who knows?
Speaker 2: Listen, we're not hearing anything about balls either, nothing around balls. I'm not talking Lonzo and LaMelo and Leangelo either. I'm talking about what is this situation?
Speaker 1: Who knows? Again? Not here to diminish.
Speaker 2: There are serious accusations of misconduct, but you have to admit when you dig into the.
Speaker 1: Details, it's ludicrous, all of it.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be a prick here, but it feels like, based on some of the story, someone's getting the shaft, you know what I mean. Of course, we'll be updating this when we learn more, but I'll end with this. If you're a paid psychologist for an NBA team and you can't tell a nineteen year old to put his dick away, you're kind of a weenie.
Speaker 1: That's it. That's all I'll say.
Speaker 2: We dropped a special breaking news episode yesterday, and now we're just waiting, right or waiting for Ema Udoka to be hired us a new coach of the Brooklyn Nets, and we'll do another emergency podcast that for that as well. And still, when you fired a Hall of fame two time MVP point.
Speaker 1: Guard head coach.
Speaker 2: To hire, I don't know a guy who's been suspended for an entire year for the reigning Eastern Conference champions by having an inappropriate consensual relationship with a team employee. Why is it that everyone can only talk about Kyrie Irving?
Speaker 1: They won't stop talking about ky Re Irving. Here is the latest.
Speaker 2: As we said before, Kyrie promoted a movie. We'll call it an anti Semitic propaganda film because documentary is probably a little too a little too much.
Speaker 1: Credit for the film.
Speaker 2: He and the NETS, though and the Anti Defamation League have released the joint statement pledging five hundred thousand each to combat anti Semitism.
Speaker 1: Where do you think that money goes? Like? What where does the money go to fight anti Semitism? I don't know. I'd like to know.
Speaker 2: Also, doesn't it feel like a five hundred thousand dollars tax deductible?
Speaker 1: Like fine?
Speaker 2: Kind of interesting? Kyrie gets to write that baby off. This is what Kyrie's statement reads like. Also, probably not his statement, probably a pr statement that he just signed off on.
Speaker 1: But we digress.
Speaker 2: Let's go I oppose all forms of hatred and oppression and stand strong with the communities that are marginalized and impacted every day. I am aware of the negative impact of my post towards the Jewish community, and I take responsibility. I do not believe everything said in the documentary was true or reflects my morals and principles. I am a human being learning from all walks of life, and I intend to do so with an open mind and a willingness to listen. So for my family and I, we meant no harm to one group, race, religion of people, and wish to only be a beacon of light and truth. What was true in that movie that he thought he was putting light on No one asked him that wish they would. People hammered him for not unequivocally disavowing the propaganda film or anti Semitism, and I mean Adam Silver Jewish Man himself. He has now set up a meeting with Kyrie next week. His opinion is summed up in his statement. He called Kyrie reckless. He's disappointed in Kyrie and that Kyrie has not offered an unqualified apology. He or denounced the vile and harmful content contained in the film. He chose to publicize really quickly, very small tangent because it was Jay Williams. Jay Williams said, I hate the people who are like the whataboutisms giving us the what aboutisms?
Speaker 1: Like, well, what about Amazon?
Speaker 2: Why aren't we's talking about Jeff Bezos and why Amazon chose to put that movie on Amazon?
Speaker 1: Excuse me, bitch? Do I cover Amazon? Do I cover.
Speaker 2: Movies and film and distribution platforms? Do I cover Disney Plus and HBO Max? And fucking what the new movies are and critiquing them? Am I Roger and Ebert to you? No?
Speaker 1: I fucking cover basketball.
Speaker 2: That's what we're talking about, Kyrie because he promoted a film in air quotes that had anti Semitic rhetoric. Do I give a shit about Amazon? Sure?
Speaker 1: But does it make it on this podcast?
Speaker 3: Fuck? No?
Speaker 2: So why are you bringing that up? Jay Williams to protect Kyrie Irving? I don't know, because you both went to Duke I Digress today.
Speaker 1: Kyrie Irving held.
Speaker 2: The press conference and said a few things I thought was interesting.
Speaker 3: You have an anti cumenicolice. Again, I'm gonna repeat, I don't know how the label becomes justified because you guys asked me the same questions over and over again. But this is not going to turn into a spin around cycle. Questions upon questions. I told you guys how I felt. I respect all walks of life and embraced all walks of life. That's where I said. I think people want to hear.
Speaker 2: That question.
Speaker 3: I cannot be anti Semitic if I know where I come from. I cannot be anti Semitic. If I know where I come from.
Speaker 2: We need to probably discuss this in a second. We got one more quote, but.
Speaker 1: Remember what he just said.
Speaker 2: I cannot be anti Semitic if I know where I come from.
Speaker 3: I'm not here to compare anyone's atrocities or tragic events that their families have dealt with generations of time. I'm just here to continue to expose things that our world continues to put in darkness. I'm a light. I'm a beacon of light. That's what I'm here to do. You guys ask me questions about basketball. I give you my expert opinion. You guys asked me about other things. I give you my opinion, and it's met with whatever you believe. The perception or the deception is, do you guys investigate my life every day?
Speaker 2: My question is this, he said, I cannot be anti Semitic if I know where I come from. I cannot be anti Semitic if I know where I come from and I am going to expose things that our world continues to put in darkness. You guys are smart people. What do you think Kyrie Irving's trying to say? Why can't Kyrie Irving be anti Semitic if he knows where he comes from? Does Kyrie believe that he himself is a Semi He is Semitic because of his ancestry, because of his African ancestry. Because if he does, then that is exactly what the film is based about about how his ancestry are.
Speaker 1: The original Semites, which.
Speaker 2: Has been criticized and widely dismissed by pretty much every historian that you can find. So there is nothing rooted in truth in that. I'm pretty sure though, that's not gonna.
Speaker 1: This is not gonna go away, is it? Is it?
Speaker 2: Because there was a rabbi on NBA today today, Like I did not know that that was where we were going, but that is where we are going.
Speaker 1: I found out Malik Andrews today is half Jewish. Didn't know that either.
Speaker 2: More you learn, more you learn, And it feels like Kyrie is gonna continue to send these little subtle shady digs, like little conspiracy theory nuggets. I will call them sprinkling them like Kanye Off his meds. But you know what it is, anyone's guess how this is gonna end up with now Eme Udoka in the mix and Kevin Durant in the mix and Kyrie Irving and his film study, which means, I mean, and you gotta imagine the email is probably not gonna put up with this bullshit.
Speaker 1: That's not gonna happen.
Speaker 2: He called out Jason Tatum, He called out Marcus Smart, he called out all of them, Jaylen Brown, which means, if you can do math or you can just put your little logic hat on, Kyrie's time in Brooklyn just might be on borrow time