Speaker 1: Every day, Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Morning.
Speaker 3: Everybody is d j Envy, just hilarious, Charlamage the guy. We are the Breakfast Club Law and the Roses here as well. We got a special guest in the buildings in a new album, Heartbreak. Heartbreak Retrograde is out right now, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 1: Tamar Braxton, welcome.
Speaker 4: Back, Hey friends, you look good.
Speaker 1: How you doing the kids? Kids? I want great? It is great.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's on break and so you know I can't even reach him.
Speaker 1: Not mad at you. You got a lot going on new albums. I'm going positivity.
Speaker 6: This is great break retro grade. Yes, what does retrograde mean to you? Like emotionally, well, you know, like.
Speaker 5: Mercury retro grade. And so it's like a long period of time where like things are just like not adding up, not making sense, where you just like feel like you're not yourself. And I chose to take it as something that is positive instead of a negative. This is a time where I can evolve, I can be myself and figure out things.
Speaker 1: That will best suit me in the future.
Speaker 5: And I feel like I want to say this, you know, heartbag retrograde was born here. Really the less conversation that we had about cheating. So Heartbreak Retrograde is about a woman who cheats on her spouse and breaks her own heart by breaking his heart.
Speaker 1: But you talked about it, you heard about it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so are these old wounds resurfacing? Are you finally releasing it?
Speaker 1: I'm releasing it, you know.
Speaker 5: And I couldn't figure out Remember, I was still feeling bad about it.
Speaker 7: I couldn't talk about it.
Speaker 5: I couldn't figure out how to break it. And you know, putting together this project along with the movie was very therapeutic for me, and so I'm just so grateful about it.
Speaker 1: Do you have a call that Xcent and have that conversation? I did. How did that go? Well? Okay?
Speaker 5: So we went out to lunch and I explained to him that this was about that portion of the relationship and he appreciated that. But there were some things about the movie that he didn't like.
Speaker 2: So you know what's so good about this? I don't know.
Speaker 6: You know, twenty twenty five is the year of the snake, So we got like what fourteen days left to you know, shed old habits and embrace personal growth just like a shape a snake shdd you skin?
Speaker 2: Yes, But this album, you know, dine it, he'll.
Speaker 1: Me, And I believe like it's sent a lot of people like, oh my god.
Speaker 5: I've listened to it, and I feel like this is the medicine that I needed to get over my heartbreak retrograde.
Speaker 1: It wasn't he like you said he didn't like parts of it? What didn't he like?
Speaker 5: I think that it was a lot of ego, you know what I mean, because it was based on a true story. It wasn't everything that happened been right, and so he was just you know, I think it's hard to see your ex or somebody that you once cared about or care about and like those positions with someone else, because I'm sure it brought him back to that moment feelings.
Speaker 3: When y'all had that dinner, did y'all read did anything like sparks pop off and say let's try this again? Since we're being so open.
Speaker 5: Or not, I don't think that person is healed in that capacity for that well.
Speaker 1: Not necessarily. It's a long story, I tell y'all off camera.
Speaker 5: Because women have that conversation men do exactly, and I think it's time to have that conversation. I think we need to normalize that it's both of us. That's not just men, you know, it's it's women too, because just like the same reasons why you know a man will cheat is because you know things are not all the way together at home, or things all the way together with themselves. It's the same thing women go through, the same thing. Explain, black men don't cheat?
Speaker 1: What did they do?
Speaker 5: It's another word for it us.
Speaker 2: No black men, comma don't cheat, like I don't want black men to.
Speaker 1: We don't want black men to cheat.
Speaker 8: However, thank you, Bill, Tamar. I was wondering if the ex you were referring to is in the movie.
Speaker 1: You tried it?
Speaker 5: No, okay, wondering because absolutely not. All right, y'all, y'all don't believe that. I wasn't talking about that because you want to bring the ship up, because I know y'all can't wait so like, but let's just talk about common sense. And first of all, we've been known each other a long time. Let's can we stop that. We can we dead that now, okay, because I'm just I'm just gonna be honest about that. Has never been a man who has experienced tamor who didn't want to marry me, and so if that was the case, he would be over here. Everybody cliar, Now let's.
Speaker 8: Move on, get them together, Lauren, I'm like, who I was talking about Vince because he's in the theship advice? Yeah he is, he is, But I didn't know if The reason why I asked that is because because he's in the your visual giving you relationship advice, and just people seeing him on screen again, we always just wonder, you know, where the relationship is, like what that looks like. So I didn't know if that was the person you had to sit down.
Speaker 5: That's cousin, and that's where that stops, cousin.
Speaker 7: So when you set to that point, you're in a good place.
Speaker 1: He's a family member and.
Speaker 5: That's that on that are you watch the video with Ben, I saw him hand taking pictures, you know, Vince being.
Speaker 6: The pictures they was killing.
Speaker 2: Was sitting in the background like they go, Vince back there with his mouth over.
Speaker 1: We love it.
Speaker 2: With this album about reliving heartbreak or reclaiming your.
Speaker 5: Power from it, it was about taking accountability, you know, and being responsible for someone's hurt that I caused. And like I said, when I was here, I felt really bad. That's feel when it like zoned in on me, like, wow, I really did hurt a person that bad, and I'm you know, I'm really sorry for that. And I hope that that person doesn't take that into you know, their future. I hope it doesn't stifle their growth and like really truly finding love.
Speaker 3: Was he surprised when you called to have dinner and talk about it, because a lot of times they say women don't apologize, So was he shocked and surprise?
Speaker 6: Hmmm?
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't know. I can't. I don't know if I can answer that.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I also don't think men cheap because you said that earlier. But I don't think men cheap because there's something.
Speaker 2: Wrong at home.
Speaker 1: I do. I think there's something that's missing.
Speaker 2: I think it's something missing within you as a name.
Speaker 1: Agree you think so? You think it's all about the man.
Speaker 5: Has nothing to do with the women, it's nothing to do with the connection with another person.
Speaker 3: I think every situation is different. But I think a lot of times man trying to feed his ego, you know what I mean? And I think that's the main I think men need to grow up at times, and I don't think they've got to the place where they understand what the word love really means, what it really is.
Speaker 6: Because you don't really love yourself correct and it's like, you know, it's like pouring water into a cup that ain't got no bottom. So you just constantly think he's feeling it's feeling, it's feeling it. That's why most of the time you feel very empty after you you know.
Speaker 5: But what if you can't reach that other person, what if you can't reach your partner.
Speaker 2: That's a different circumstances.
Speaker 6: I'm not saying that there can't be times when you know it's problems at home, but it's really the guy, Well, I.
Speaker 1: Learned something today. I didn't know that. Okay, how did.
Speaker 8: You feel like on the other side, Like did you feel like it was something missing or did you like, was there like some self searching you had to do when you decided.
Speaker 5: To some healing that I needed to address. And also I was just really confused. And then, if I'm being honest, I just wasn't ready. I just wasn't ready.
Speaker 6: Was there any moments while you was recording this album where you had to stop because it was too real?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: A lot and and the film too.
Speaker 5: Because it just brought back a lot, Like I'm gonna tell you one part that was really, really real.
Speaker 1: Did he shifted once again? You shifted my uterus? That is what he read. Oh that was the real text. That was real.
Speaker 7: You got explained to for the people.
Speaker 3: So you know what the means having flashbacks.
Speaker 2: He shifted your u again again. I'll just say that like that's such a hard thing down. I'm just saying you already cheated him.
Speaker 5: I know when a woman like really understands and falls into her masculine energy, we become you all. And that's what that text was. I was just basically macin.
Speaker 2: Pussy wedding in yours the way I never told a girl. I've never told a woman that.
Speaker 7: Is wetter than you were.
Speaker 6: Imagine you imagine a man cheated on you and then told you that the woman he cheated with pussy was wedding.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, is that equivalent. I'm just trying to hurt you because no, no, no, he went through my phone.
Speaker 8: And read that, and did you clear that with the person that you actually your ex before you put that in the visual, because that I know that still hurts.
Speaker 7: And he had to watch it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you know, I only have to address it with honesty. You can't have accountability without honesty. I had to have honesty, that's it.
Speaker 1: That's it. I had to address what I know that hurt you.
Speaker 2: That's different.
Speaker 1: I'm damn. I had to go get pilet surgery after that.
Speaker 2: I wish we could get a.
Speaker 1: Ppling now though, Thank you.
Speaker 2: Jesus Christ.
Speaker 1: So okay.
Speaker 8: The way that the album lines up, in a way the visual goes, it tells the story right because in the beginning, it's like you're happy, It's like you're y'all are just discovering each other. When you know you know is the first song individual.
Speaker 7: Writing.
Speaker 8: When you know you know about your ex? What is it that you discovered you lost? From that point to the point where you get to like, you know, uh, letter to Alleo man, what you mean, like what what changed in your relationship?
Speaker 7: Like at that point of what change in you?
Speaker 8: Where you were like, okay, I just was so sure about this, and then it went from so short to like you mess somebody else and you just completely forgot about what you.
Speaker 1: Were sure about.
Speaker 5: I didn't meet nobody else. I basically revisited something that I was completely over. And if I'm being honest, I was honest with that person about that. When we first started dating. You know, we were still talking, but we wasn't. We were still platonic, but I still had feelings. And I told that person else for the uterus shift, you're something else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what devastated?
Speaker 7: Explain? Yeah, what's that conversation like then?
Speaker 8: Like when y'all first meet up and you're like, Okay, I want you to know I still got so much from my ex.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I.
Speaker 5: Never thought that I would act on them. I just thought that there were feelings that would eventually go away. Does that make sense because we kind of I think that when we're in the single outside moment, sometimes we go into situations having unresolved feelings, right that you never think that you're going to like revisit.
Speaker 1: And I think that's honest, and I think that's normal.
Speaker 5: You're not gonna like especially if you really, you really truly love a person to spend time with the person, it just doesn't go away overnight.
Speaker 2: That's why you.
Speaker 6: Can't be laying down with everybody because you really do be exchanging and you really did. There is a piece of you that you know you have shared with that person level like you can people.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I was after I was very very sure that I wanted to be with the other person the person after that X, I was very very sure.
Speaker 1: And does it hurt you to talk about it over and over and over again? Does that body or not? I'm completely healed.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so safer on the app on the project, right, you talk about like I feel safer besides you, you make me want a pressure wine?
Speaker 7: Or which person?
Speaker 1: Are you? Both?
Speaker 2: And boy?
Speaker 1: Been in love with two people at the same time? Yes, you have, Yes, you have. What do you mean, No, of course you have.
Speaker 7: A long time.
Speaker 5: Get what I'm saying, Like it's a couple weeks ago, But no, that's not true. That's I mean you outside, So you kind of got to have a rosterapasta, no outside, not no more.
Speaker 7: But my last relationship before I became single.
Speaker 5: A variety of ball of variety that.
Speaker 8: At the time my last situation before I became single, I was experiencing like, how the heck am I still have.
Speaker 7: Love for you?
Speaker 8: But in love or feeling like I might be able to be in love with a person again, Like is that a thing? Like I was kind of like confused, and I know you had that conversation and your visual as well, like what is happening right now because you know it's just butterflies and lies, because a lot of times it's not love, it's butterflies and lies.
Speaker 7: Or if it's actual love with this new person.
Speaker 5: That it was actual love with the new person, but I had to button it up with the other one. Does that make sense?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because if you was really truly in love with somebody right, your feelings would take overweight when you would never want to hurt that person, and you would there would be no way that you could love two people the same way. Well, one could be an infatuation. One could be you just love the dick and the uterus moving. One could be just the butterfly. Could that please, don't don't cook that, whatever you do, don't clik that.
Speaker 5: Or it could be the memories.
Speaker 1: Or what could have been?
Speaker 5: And am I walking away from something that is truly meant for me?
Speaker 4: You know? It?
Speaker 5: Was I mature at the time, Was I you know, healed at the time, Was I a good enough woman? Did I understand myself at the time? It was all of those things that I had to figure out. You know with those two situations, and I regret that I hurt that person, I really do, But I don't regret that I found myself.
Speaker 2: I love this honest conversation. Yeah, I mean I do you feel lighter now that this music is ab out?
Speaker 1: Dude? It really truly held me.
Speaker 2: It really did you feel exposed in a way, not in.
Speaker 5: A scandalous bad way as some people want it to be.
Speaker 3: No, if somebody date you now, can they truly believe that you're into them and not possibly have feelings for an X or possibly.
Speaker 5: Well, I was honest with that person. I'm going to be honest about it. Hey, we're grown and I hate that I'm outside. I don't believe I'm supposed to be. However I am, and I'm just too old and evolved and just secured it to sit around and play a game.
Speaker 1: I don't really have time. Well, I was dating for you, now, how is that going? I'm not really doing a lot of it. But outside sucks?
Speaker 2: That sucks?
Speaker 7: You know, that's it?
Speaker 8: Are you intentionally dating? Are you just like having a good time again a little fasta pasta.
Speaker 5: I am not having a good time. I'm not having a good time, but it is what it is. And you know, I feel like now I put myself in a position to really truly be with my person and get it and get all that comes with it, and I'm ready for it. And so that situation will never ever ever happen to me again.
Speaker 2: So what is being light? I feel like because you said now that the music is that you feel lighter.
Speaker 5: Okay, so you know when you really truly let something go, guilt go, that's what I feel like. I completely let it go.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm this is the perfect time to do it. It's comic, it's the year.
Speaker 1: It's really.
Speaker 6: Nine, and it's a nine year, so nine is the highest level to change. So all of this stuff, You're literally supposed to shed all of this like a snake shd.
Speaker 1: So it was supposed to happen.
Speaker 2: It was supposed to.
Speaker 5: It was supposed to have this conversation a few what was that eight months ago? To put this record together? Get what tricky? Put this record together, make this film, make my wrongs, try to make my wrongs right and grow from it.
Speaker 2: Wow, but you did make.
Speaker 1: Your wrongs right.
Speaker 3: You you you owned up what you have to do. Now it's on Live the Hill. But you did what you were supposed to do.
Speaker 1: I think, thank you.
Speaker 6: So what did heartbreak teach you that, like success, never could personally about yourself with the heartbreak?
Speaker 5: Well, I've been let down in both areas. I think one of them I can control.
Speaker 1: In one of them, I can't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, heartbreak, I can control. That will never happen to me again. I will never be heartbroken ever again.
Speaker 7: How can you control that?
Speaker 5: Because I just believe that you're not supposed to give all of you. I have to have some of me to be whole. If I give you all of me, then that means I've lost control of myself.
Speaker 1: I can't do that. No, I can't show up for you.
Speaker 5: I can't show up for me.
Speaker 1: I can't show up with my kid. I can't show for your kids.
Speaker 5: I cant show up for my businesses and other people who need me. I can't give all of me. You can't have all of me.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I always want to know Tamo with your career. Right, You're amazing vocalist.
Speaker 1: Thank you friend. You're just a dope person.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Anybody that knows you know you're a dope person. You're not stuck up your fun.
Speaker 3: You speak to everybody, you hug, everybody, you make amazing music. Why don't you think you're a bigger artist than you are because you're your everything.
Speaker 1: I just feel like a line misses, something misses at some point. Do you do you know what that is? Because even with you go to your ex who.
Speaker 3: Found Lady God God, and You've had the record, you had the success, but it just seemed like it hasn't hit like it's supposed to.
Speaker 1: Really, I think so.
Speaker 5: I think that's awfully kind and true. At the same time, I think that if I'm honest, if that, if that is in God's plan for me, I think that will absolutely happen. But I am proud of the success that I've had thus far because I've sold out all of my tours. I'm my own promoter, you know. I have numerous television shows right number one television shows, some that I've executive produced.
Speaker 1: Is something that I create, create well.
Speaker 5: But I think that sometimes people put me in a box of the shadow of Tony Braxton, and that's disheartening for me because we are two totally different people and artists. And if that is something that is always talked about and brought up when it comes to my talent and my tours and my success. If you are comparing that to hers, it would look like that I'm less successful.
Speaker 1: Does that make sense? Yeah?
Speaker 5: And I don't really like that because it's not fair to her as an artist, and it's not fair to me as an artist either, because I think that if she wasn't my sister, it wouldn't be a Tony Braxton that comes up in any conversation and anything that I do.
Speaker 6: I mean, I understand whatever you're saying, and it is an interesting conversation, but I feel like you found your lane in other ways, I do, you know what I mean? And your star has risen in you know, just as big as Tony's another way.
Speaker 1: But she makes dope music.
Speaker 3: She's a dope artist, but I feel like she doesn't get the looks and likeness of other artists, not even her sister, just other artists in gentlemen. I always just thought to myself, why, I just wonder why that was?
Speaker 5: You know, that's really kind. Let's meditated on that. Come on, you're a good meditator.
Speaker 2: I can tell I do. I'm getting better.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's really hard to kind of when I first start, it was really hard for me to kind of tap in.
Speaker 2: I can do it probably like up to four to five minutes. Now. Really that's impressive, but it takes a while to get there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: Once I get there, I can probably do it, but it takes a while for me to get to that space. It's impressive country beats.
Speaker 5: I don't count be I'm just really started in it and I really enjoy it, but it takes a long time to get there. How long did it take you to get to that point?
Speaker 2: Probably probably a year of constantly.
Speaker 7: Doing really okay seven days a week.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Also you you also down with the ships too.
Speaker 3: We've seen you at Versus and is why did you decide to go to Versus as support Bourbon?
Speaker 5: Because first of all, that's my friend, my real friend.
Speaker 1: Did y'all make up yet?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I mean, you know, it's so funny. He was on when BT was up here. He but I talked him on the phone. You and me was up a couple weeks ago. He was on the phone too.
Speaker 2: It was a little bit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that's my friend. And the truth is I introduced him to his wife, and so we're really like locked in and Tony couldn't make it when you met Burman.
Speaker 1: What's what made you say this is the perfect person for my sister. That didn't happen like that. He assumed her through me.
Speaker 5: At first he was like yeah, and I was like, she's married, leave my sister alone. And then when she got a divorce, he was very intentional about her.
Speaker 2: Now the internet was saying that you dated I've.
Speaker 5: Never dated Brian ever in my life. So I met him through somebody else, one of my other homegirls that was dating him. And then when I went out with them, he found out that I could sing. It was actually Slim who found out that I could sing, and they wanted to sign me the cash money.
Speaker 1: And that's the story.
Speaker 6: How did you feel when folks were criticizing you about supporting him as if it was something else other than.
Speaker 5: I just think it's another form of tamar cyberbullying, because why wouldn't you support your family? That's my brother in law, that's my family. You know, we spend holidays together, you know, we have intimate conversations about my family, you know, so like, why wouldn't I support man? Why would I not brush them off or wipe them down?
Speaker 1: Because and I'll do it again, thank you.
Speaker 8: Like after they had the video of y'all facetiming Tony Wraxton and just you know how excited all of you guys were in that moment. But people still turn that into like a thing to make a meme about it.
Speaker 1: People make things what they wanted to be.
Speaker 5: You know, I'm not going to chase people and try to beat them over the head and talk them into liking me or you know, supporting me and the things that I do.
Speaker 1: It's not a Tamar problem.
Speaker 6: Has it gotten worse because it has since since I want to say since the reality show. But I don't feel like it would like this when y'all had the reality I feel like it's gotten it has.
Speaker 5: I feel like it has, and I don't have a definition as to why. I think maybe because you know, I was really kind of diving in to this the other day with my therapist. I think because I don't address things do, people just keep going and going and going because they know number one, Tamar's clickbait number one. Right, whether I say anything back or not, it's going to go viral and it's going to be all over the place for a few days. And if I don't address it, then people believe it to be the truth. And the reason why I won't address it is because I have to address everything and I just simply don't want to do that. I don't don't. I don't want to stop doing what I'm doing and address some can I cuss some bullshit that I don't care about. You get what I'm saying. So, yes, it has gotten worse. And I think that because big artists like Cardi b will hop ha ass on the internet and read you your rights. She don't care who you are, where you come from. And it's going down Bobby Brown, I just don't simply don't want to.
Speaker 1: I don't feel like it. I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't want to do that.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like the headlines descrip for your music?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: No, I don't think it distracts from any success because I still have it, which I feel like I have more, although it's not as loud as it used to be, but like I have more now. But I do think it distracts from my personality and who I really am, and that sometimes is troublesome for me.
Speaker 7: With talking about headlines.
Speaker 8: When everything happened with your accident and you came out online and told people what happened, and the reaction just wasn't as supportive as it should have been for someone who was going through what you know, you went through. How did you feel on the inside, Like you you're like, hey, I almost died.
Speaker 7: I woke up in a pool blood and what happened.
Speaker 1: First of all, for people that don't know.
Speaker 2: To talk about that.
Speaker 5: And let me tell you what it, let me tell you what.
Speaker 7: I've reached out to you, so you know, and I appreciate that, thank you.
Speaker 5: I think that it was a specific situation that made it negative. I think that at first that people were really genuinely concerned. Actually was supposed to be my close friends, if I'm being honest. Yeah, it was supposed to be in my close friends, and I was just so that it went out on the regular. So I think that that situation turned to be negative because it was a negative spin on it, and it was really something that truly that was traumatic that happened to me. And I'm going to decline from speaking to any further because I can't. I'm tired.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Well, back to the project I mentioned letter to man earlier. Yeah, which man is.
Speaker 1: I will not be telling y'all, I can't do that.
Speaker 7: Letter to Leo Man is like, okay, So Leo Man.
Speaker 5: Is a tough man. That's a tough one. That's a tough cookie to crack. And so was a Sagittarius and so.
Speaker 1: As.
Speaker 5: I've never dated Arias ban I won't.
Speaker 7: It's a great time.
Speaker 5: It's a good time.
Speaker 7: They're definitely tough to crack.
Speaker 5: They are in a scorpio. It needs to be a song about the all.
Speaker 6: Actually, you ain't name no beautiful cancers because we're so sweet, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I'm saying?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's your sign?
Speaker 5: I like a Virgo, but the mother ones we got to stay in the prayer list for and fast and terry.
Speaker 2: You know we had.
Speaker 6: We got a producer up here. Her name is Taylor, and she keeps saying this joke. I don't even know if it's a joke, but she keeps saying, if you want something green and slow next time, go.
Speaker 2: Buy you a turtle. That was me, I know, but I think I know what it means. Don't be green. I'm not green and I ain't slow. I don't know why she can't get that joke.
Speaker 1: She doesn't get it.
Speaker 2: She keeps saying it over and over like nobody wants.
Speaker 1: Something green and slug go by you.
Speaker 2: Turtle, but she's a little green.
Speaker 1: Do you guys get what that means? What that means that meditation?
Speaker 2: Do you think healed people love differently?
Speaker 6: Are they just more honest about their limits?
Speaker 5: I think both. I think that when you're healed, you you're very careful about how you love right and who you love because there is no way that I'm going to get with a person who has a lot of healing to do. It's just not going to work.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. It's not going to work.
Speaker 5: And I don't care how much chemistry we have or what the vibe is.
Speaker 1: It's a good vibe, a good time. It's just never ever ever going to work.
Speaker 5: And I think that if I hadn't started my healing journey, and it is a journey, and I want to say this, A lot of people say this about me online. Oh she's been on this healing journey, here she go again. A healing journey is forever.
Speaker 7: Every single day.
Speaker 5: It's forever, and you have hiccups along the way. But my healing journey will never stop because I know what I know and I know.
Speaker 6: And you said something. You expressed the sentiment that so many women I know say. They were like, I don't even want to deal with nobody. If they're not trying to do some work on this other, they're not doing the work on themsel.
Speaker 5: Because why where we going to end up? Toxic in your forties?
Speaker 1: Is not it?
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, It's not That's not it. We were supposed to be fighting and arguing and I ain't doing that. No, I'm laying on the beach and making some coins.
Speaker 1: Good night.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Is that why you said you're not having fun outside? It's because you keep running into toxic in over forty.
Speaker 5: I am not running into anything, you know.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 1: And how's your relationship with your sisters? How y'all doing that? I look at this, yaw'll be wondering what's real, what's not real? What's made up? Behind the scenes? Did y'all speak?
Speaker 5: This season was definitely unfortunately real, but it was necessary. You know, we had a lot to get through and talk about and figure out, and that we're still figuring out. And I'm just happy that we're on a path to not being.
Speaker 1: Stuck in yesterday.
Speaker 5: We can move forward from that and have different conversations about what happened and why it happened, instead of people holding on to different things that has been buried along the way.
Speaker 1: You feel like your sisters are jealousy you, I know one time you believe that.
Speaker 5: Listen, when you're in an argument with your family members, you say, anything happens.
Speaker 1: No, I don't truly believe that.
Speaker 5: I don't believe that. I really honestly feel like you know, in everybody's individual way, that we all really have a real.
Speaker 1: Strong love for each other. I think that.
Speaker 5: As individuals and as women, I think that some of us are still trying to figure out what that looks like. And I know I am what it looks like and what it is and how we fit into our sisterhood now today.
Speaker 3: As adults, And how do y'all fight as sisters? Like after y'all fight, do y'all say I need five more minutes? Or like how does it stop when you get tired?
Speaker 5: Like I think everybody go to their corners and patch up and heel up.
Speaker 2: That's what I think, you know, Rest in peace to Tracy.
Speaker 6: Always did that not bring y'all together and that not make y'all say, you know what, all the petty we haveing a dress, let's just sit down and do it, because you know, life is short.
Speaker 1: In a sense.
Speaker 5: But in a sense, it kind of made things exasperate, yeah, because you know, we never thought that you know, we would up. You don't think you're going to lose a sibling, right, And but the way that you know she passed, she got sick and it happened very rapidly. And so I think that there's a lot of anger, but it's a lot of healing that needs to happen that bubbles around Tracy in that situation. And I think that the Tracy situation made everything else so much bigger.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I saw you. I saw you beating yourself up about it. You know, I should would could ave it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we was a lot of time, But the truth is I wasn't ready to heal back then, right, And it doesn't matter, you know how much time we wasted in the end, we really made up for it, and I'm grateful for that. I just wish I had more time with that kind of time with Tracy.
Speaker 2: And that's all different for me, and it's different.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you know, I went to grief counseling before Tracy passed, and not to say I was prepared for but I was more prepared for it and how to deal with it.
Speaker 1: So for me.
Speaker 5: With cancers, very very tricky, right, because it's I feel like it's almost like a sense of sitting around and waiting for somebody to pass.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: You know it's coming, especially at her stage, and so I just feel like going through grief counseling prepared me to deal with it, like I was dealing with it while she was sick, if that makes sense. So when it actually happened, I was more relieved than anything because I asked her a specific question one time. I was like, how do you feel, like, are you in pain?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 1: Because she was.
Speaker 5: Heavily medicated, she was like, this never a moment when I'm not in pain. Yeah, that was really hard.
Speaker 7: What has been your Yeah, but.
Speaker 1: We love Tracy.
Speaker 5: She's with me all the time, so let's bring your back up. But she'd be mad if we was upset about it.
Speaker 8: So this project, when you're released from the grief of your ex, what what do you find is your relief from other griefs that you go through, like loss of your sister friendships, whatever the case may be.
Speaker 5: I stay in therapy and I'm on medication. I'm not I got off medication two weeks ago just to film this movie because it was very it's a very emotional film.
Speaker 1: But I can't wait to get back.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm on Lexapro. It's the best thing that ever happened to me. Everybody needs lex Pro.
Speaker 2: Why don't you tell the people where the feel like you said something that calms you.
Speaker 5: It's just just it's good for my nervous system, you know what I mean? You know, like when people like hear tea on the internet and it buzzes and everybody nervous system that's all over the place. It just keeps it calm. It's the best without being high, that's the best.
Speaker 8: So how are you dealing with things as they come in these couple like this time that you're shooting your movie since you're used to having like, you know, like help with dealing with things that might pop up and things people saying like are you because.
Speaker 7: You're on the internet.
Speaker 1: I'm on the internet.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but like how do you how are you coping? How you getting through?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: You're therapy? Therapy?
Speaker 5: You do what you gotta do for work, right, you do what you gotta do because you want more things and bigger things and bigger opportunities. And I don't look at my mental health journey as a handicap, right. It doesn't stifle me in any way. I just now know how to navigate it. And I'm responsible with my mental health health. And it's okay, listen, I don't I don't have to be on mental health medication.
Speaker 1: It's just helpful. Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: And so yeah, and I know that. And because I know that, it doesn't make me feel a way because I'm not on it. Does that make sense? I hope that makes sense. I got you, Okay, I got you.
Speaker 7: When you're in therapy, are you talking to your therapist about everything?
Speaker 8: Okay? What's what's like? I mean everything?
Speaker 2: Do you have a culturally competent therapist?
Speaker 1: So they are I have two? Okay?
Speaker 5: And so helpful?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Do they call you when they see stuff coming on?
Speaker 5: Like let me just call me at three?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's things like that.
Speaker 8: Do things trigger you, like I know there was the you sent the cease and desist because of the funky Neva stuff.
Speaker 7: Do we have to talk about that we don't have to talk about it.
Speaker 3: You before that different topics. I should get up here in twelve year round like she does sis. Then you're gonna be like, feel a waste.
Speaker 8: She knows that this is not any INSPI or anything like that. It's just a conversation.
Speaker 2: Well, let's go back to heartbreak.
Speaker 6: The heartbreak can feel isolated, right, So what do you hope women who are listening to this album alone at night feel?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: The number one thing for my takeaway, the only way out is through. You just kind of got to go through the process and you got to allow yourself to feel. And just like my major feeling was grief and guilt.
Speaker 1: I had to get over that.
Speaker 5: I had to, you know, go through all the steps to get out of it. And I think that with heartbreak retrograde, I just wanted to, you know, be the piece for women to know that, you know, you're you're not a broken person because you cheat on your spouse. You know what I mean, You're not damaged goods. You went through something and you take account nobility and you go through the motions to heal and and and be better and get better.
Speaker 2: I agree with all that, but.
Speaker 1: It's just the way.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, certain things you have to say, you don't.
Speaker 1: You can't know.
Speaker 2: You don't need to tell the man that the other man shifted you.
Speaker 1: I didn't tell him me read it.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what he should have been going should be.
Speaker 1: Why would you tell that other I smacking, I mean were racked too.
Speaker 2: So he was lying. He didn't really do it.
Speaker 1: You just I was sacking. I'm telling you I was sacking. So you're just helping his ego. Thank you, Okay.
Speaker 7: I love that you.
Speaker 6: Are just this triggered by she got a bass because her last X all right around.
Speaker 8: Lie, no girl, never because I got stitches to grow where the stitches were stupid.
Speaker 2: He's changing the story.
Speaker 8: Dermatologists for you your hair, Yes, God, you're still gonna give them to me after my last question.
Speaker 1: I'm not upset about it all. You're doing your job, and I'm just gonna say this, she's amazing. You found her, right, I found them the kind of.
Speaker 5: Like that.
Speaker 2: People that recommended her.
Speaker 1: But I tell you that all the time.
Speaker 8: You know, you're so supportive, and that's why, Like when so today when I came in, I gave you some hugs before this, I'm like it's such a dynamic of like doing your job and like because I keep up with everything that you do, but also in real life, whenever thing's happen, I'm.
Speaker 7: Like, hey, you good, like I know that.
Speaker 8: And a lot of times I don't bring it to air because when we talk, I know you're going through things for real, for real and it gets really.
Speaker 7: Tough for you.
Speaker 6: So I was she found us while being here, she found herself, and I think when she found herself that's when she started to flourish.
Speaker 1: And that's what happened.
Speaker 5: Isn't that amazing when you find yourself, like the level of like like you never thought that you could even think that big, you know what I mean? But finding yourself is the key to it all. And I'm telling you I'm not plugging my record. I'm just telling you a heartbreak retrograde. I think it's saved my life.
Speaker 1: It just did.
Speaker 7: The visual too, yeah too.
Speaker 8: I think when people listen to the music, you should watch the visual with the music because I think it really shows something that all women go through, not just about men and cheating, but just about figuring out who you want to show up as.
Speaker 5: Yeah me, DC's is still upset with me about this, about this scene. But it's a very important scene that's in the film. It's the breakup scene when he sits me down and he's just like absolutely positively not like what you do with them lips?
Speaker 1: You think you're gona kiss me with those lips?
Speaker 5: Like it's it's really important to men because I just feel like we never see the other side. And we always talk about when a woman's fed up, but we never talk about when a man is done done.
Speaker 1: And it's over with and it's nothing you could do about that shit the cry.
Speaker 5: It's true, and I didn't know that until that situation what that man can really be done, that men can.
Speaker 1: Really be done with. Get hurt too, You hurt your feelings, but they would come back.
Speaker 2: Yeah damn. Is there a song on the album that represents closure for you?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 5: I think the record loved me. It's just talk talking about I miss it and I love it, but it's over.
Speaker 1: And that's it.
Speaker 5: I just have I had to take that situation as a lesson because I really wanted it to work out, and when it didn't, I just had to accept that that this was your lesson, and I know this is my lesson. To become the best version of myself for the best person that God has for me, which is.
Speaker 1: My partner.
Speaker 2: With somebody else that you have been in love with somebody.
Speaker 6: No, this is what you mean, because I'm saying, like, could that happen again?
Speaker 5: No, I'm never I will never experience another heartbreak, even if if the person passes away, I will not experience heartbreak.
Speaker 2: I don't know how that's possible because.
Speaker 1: It's a part of life.
Speaker 5: I'm not arguing with God. You understand what I'm saying. I feel it, and I know how to process it. You understand what I'm saying, like, I'm not going into a deep depression over it. I know how to handle my emotions, you know. And I'm just never going to experience heartbreak ever again.
Speaker 2: Is that not suppressing it?
Speaker 1: Though? No, I'm going to feel it.
Speaker 5: I'm not going to say I'm not going to be sad, but I'm not going to be heartbroken.
Speaker 8: You're saying you're not gonna liw yourself to get to that dark deep. I know what you're talking about because I think men, y'all deal.
Speaker 1: I can be there something. Having one of my kids, I'm heartbroken.
Speaker 7: That's different.
Speaker 1: Heartbreak. I'm heartbroken.
Speaker 3: Different my wife walks up and tells me she has sex with somebody else that had a bigger penis.
Speaker 1: I'm heartbroken.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, was a.
Speaker 1: Shut up man.
Speaker 8: Well, I know what you mean though, of going through like that deep dark place because of something that you think was done or was done, and you're like, I'm never gonna allow myself to get back here.
Speaker 5: It's not possible.
Speaker 6: I don't think I mean, everybody grieved diff but I just think grief is something we should allow ourselves to feel.
Speaker 2: That heartbreak is something we should allow ourselves.
Speaker 5: Differ, not to that degree that was unhealthy.
Speaker 8: Do you feel like that blocks you from having real love again?
Speaker 7: Though?
Speaker 8: That what that you are set on, I'm never going to experience heartbreak. So it's kind of like, I mean, I'm talking about myself personally, right, because I decided that after going through a really bad situation in a good situation, I found myself almost like waiting for the next shoe to drop because I wanted to like get out before I was gonna feel anything that would hurt me, because I didn't want to go through heartbreak again. And then it was messing up what was good like it was creating things that weren't even really happening. Do you experience like are you able to be vulnerable and really accept that, like you might not have all good with a person that is good for you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but there is a wall, but you're not getting past because I'm not going back. And that's that on that, you know what I mean. I'm not anticipating pain, not doing it. I'm gonna somebody makes me feel good and we have in a moment, and you know, the vibe is vibe it. I'm gonna sit in it and enjoy every second until it's not there anymore, and then I'm going to move to the left.
Speaker 7: It's's no struggle love. You don't want struggle love.
Speaker 5: I'm not doing it.
Speaker 1: Why, I'm a great one. I'm a great catch. Hello.
Speaker 6: I understand what you're saying, because, like you said, you caused the heart break I did. But you're not gonna beat yourself up over I guess a mistake that you made.
Speaker 5: I did beat myself up.
Speaker 2: So what version of Tamo walked into the studio? What version walked out? Well?
Speaker 5: I came in here a little heavy, because you know, stud when you did that, the studio Today was rough for me because I think that sometimes like it's a lot, right, and I have anxiety, and I know and I recognize that I'm not on my medication right now, so it's probably heightened.
Speaker 2: You're gonna get asked.
Speaker 5: I don't want to discuss, you know, and you know, I don't want to make things worse, not only for myself, but for my loved ones and loved ones being the person heart that I broke, or my siblings or I know it's tough for my mother to see her daughters that way.
Speaker 1: And I also don't.
Speaker 5: Want to give opportunity for anybody to say anything else. Yeah, but I'm okay now.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Before I came in, I just senter it myself and I'm like, I'm in a safe place. I'm in a safe place because I'm in control of me, you control of what comes out of my mouth. And it doesn't matter what the headlines say. I know that whatever I say, I'm gonna stand by, and that's it.
Speaker 2: Shifting the gag gonna come out because I'm not about him. But if he start doing it, he's not as a uter shifter. Yes, I should have hired.
Speaker 1: I just want to tell you, we love you, support you, yes, will we have your back?
Speaker 7: And congrats on Bridezilla too, Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 6: I do have one more question, because after heartbreak retrograde, what does love look like moving forward forward?
Speaker 2: Is it softer? Is it guarded? Is it fearless?
Speaker 5: It's all of that. But I'm looking forward to a soft love, I really am. I'm looking forward to to catering to and catering to me.
Speaker 7: It's a great place there, you go what it's a great place to be.
Speaker 1: Do you talk? We open about it? I feelsation. Are you opening? Are you public?
Speaker 5: Because I won't be public ever again. Wait, just four or five months ago, she had to, she had to figure out which one it was going to be single and I was dating.
Speaker 1: That's you should take more than one.
Speaker 3: She's happy, she's glowing now and it's the same thing that though I fixed that before.
Speaker 7: A terrible he dropped me.
Speaker 1: Spray on hair dyed like paint, spray covers it.
Speaker 6: You wait, this is true love, legendary.
Speaker 8: Why to answer your question, I will talk about being in a relationship, but I do want to keep certain things to myself.
Speaker 5: Because I haven't seen them on your page yet. Do not show him yet I just don't show him. I think that's when things get a little while. I mean, don't show already posted him.
Speaker 8: But oh wow, But I will say I think certain things I want to keep to the chest a little bit, just because I just it's a people be having a lot to say in a lot going on, and everybody not built to deal with all of that.
Speaker 2: And you don't know if that man got a whole other family.
Speaker 8: Exactly what he got and he don't got. Don't play with me, That's what I did.
Speaker 1: Oh that show boo boo, this is girl. How long has it been? Boom? Can't even see that?
Speaker 6: That bolls spot are like that sometimes?
Speaker 2: She how long you've been with the man? She said, sometime.
Speaker 7: I've been dating him for a while.
Speaker 2: It's a while, Lauren.
Speaker 1: You all in my business, and so you know about the other people you're dating while you was dating.
Speaker 8: Wow, when I met him, the people that I was like, kind of have a conversation where we had that conversation. Yeah, So how did you feel about that we weren't exclusively together, like were he gonna you know what I mean? It was I think more so because we were friends before this, like he's not like a stranger.
Speaker 7: He wasn't really focused on it.
Speaker 8: I think he pulled up and understood, like, Okay, once I'm here, I know all that is going to go by the wayside. So let's just focus on each other for real in this news space, not as friends.
Speaker 5: And so how does men feel about that women dating multiple dat?
Speaker 6: I used to call her two nigga oh, because I feel like you like, she's young, you know me and she seeing the New York.
Speaker 2: Now go have some fun.
Speaker 6: But I just thought it was ridiculous when he took her on vacation and put will you be my girlfriends?
Speaker 1: You went out the country with damn sorry you saw it. It was cute, but all the.
Speaker 2: Way out of the country to get after you girl.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, you better because this is what I think.
Speaker 5: I think that you were supposed to date several and mad and made the best man who steps up when but.
Speaker 2: You done left the man sweat on you. So it's like.
Speaker 3: Saying that happened before they were they were seeing each other, but they were joking that. She said, you never asked me, We just came to It just happened, and that was his joke back, will you be my girl.
Speaker 1: They were exclusive.
Speaker 8: Still because I feel like even in my joke as a person trying to figure out like how to go into a relationship, because I was in a relationship young and then it ended when I was like thirty thirty one. So when I was single, I'm like, this is my first time being an adult and being single. I don't even know how you get back into a relationship at this point. But we've had that conversation, and so that was him being like, Okay, even if you don't know and you're joking, I want to make sure you feel as secure as you need to everything.
Speaker 7: He's doing what you need to do. And Big Fatty over the.
Speaker 2: Fatty and your man built that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Just ignore him. Big Events used to be Evince.
Speaker 7: I met him and he was a really nice person.
Speaker 1: But he's not even when you was with him, Teddy Repskins.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's not that, but he is a man. Though I was hot.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no no.
Speaker 5: I was going to say, you know, I enjoyed my Teddy Repskin era. I didn't think I wouldn't be able to enjoy that.
Speaker 1: But about it's okay to be.
Speaker 2: That's what you said.
Speaker 8: Think it's for me. It's not for me now, yeah, I can do. He's not built like your ski. He's just angry and.
Speaker 5: He's happy for you.
Speaker 1: He's just playing.
Speaker 8: I think so too, because when I was and he's super happy from inside and being.
Speaker 2: Happy for her. I'm happy. When the man proposed and they walked down, it's kind of.
Speaker 7: Like that's all he did.
Speaker 2: Make sure you walk down, that's all.
Speaker 1: Yeah you need no, don't say that. It would have been like five months, six months.
Speaker 7: But I've known for years.
Speaker 3: You know what the things they got to do, well what I advise, live with each other, so you really see the true meaning. You know, these conversations about bills and finances and have that conversation about the future. How many kids you want, how many kids he wants? You need to have those conversations before you just get into it. And I'm just saying have those.
Speaker 8: Rushing But I am also like you know, I mean, I'm I'm good, got him in a really great place.
Speaker 1: But when I meet him, it's not going to be long.
Speaker 8: I don't think it will even before you meet him. If it was up to him, it wouldn't be long.
Speaker 2: Yeah, heartbreak retrograde, which.
Speaker 1: Have them love me everybody. I don't know. I don't know. That's a couple of damn love me. I don't know both.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, we appreciate you for joining us holidays and thank you.
Speaker 1: Happy holidays to the family. It's take on Braxton. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, every day, Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Finish, y'all done,