Speaker 1: Welcome in what driving Nick write episode three to two. As we are officially for this podcast purposes in basketball season, there will be some football on the show. We will get to later, Luca Lebron Game two not quite as good as Game one in fact, really bad game and where you saw some of the concerns for the Lakers as far as big men. We will get to that. A huge game on the other side of that trade with the MAVs on the strength of Kyrie Irving dropping forty two, get a really important win over Golden State. We will get to that. Oh, and also a much needed Bronni update. I'll explain why I'm doing that in a bit, But first, demons, welcome in. Great to see you. As always, this is the time of year I miss when the fifteen months that I lived on the West Coast because the late night West Coast basketball that isn't actually late night if you're on the West Coast is such a nice thing that these games are over. I know the Warriors game actually was late even by for you guys last night, but uh, most games are over before ten thirty and then you neither you know, go out, you get do whatever you want, set out here you're struggling til one one thirty in the morning. But such is life, springtime or end of winter, springtime headed the NBA playoffs, living on the East coast. Here is what missed the cut for the show Dak and Dallas say. Dak says, Dallas is very close to the Eagles. They are not the next week the Hawks and the highest scoring game of the year one and not gonna be for new podcast viewers, listeners, subscribers, and remember like rate subscriber review all of that. We do a tennis corner on this show. We sometimes do a golf corner on this show. These are the sports that I love that Demanse's not into it all. We do not do a hockey corner because that is those are the sports that neither of us know anything about. Oh, speaking of Demanse, remind me and maybe one of our great producers throw in at the bottom of the dock. We might have to discuss that tweet that I sent yesterday and see what the about the basketball tournament, the media basketball tournament that cuffs the legend is trying to put on where I have, you know, without asking potentially volunteered Demanse to play in my place of that. So so we will get into all of that. But before we even get to the games from yesterday, a game from the day before yesterday had a wildly important NBA moment that led to some wildly ridiculous NBA discussion. So let's get right to it. Pal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Katie just joined the thirty thirty thousand point club the other day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Steven A.
Speaker 2: Smith put him in his in his top ten all time. It's perfect topic all time, yep, all time. We're bringing some of that evergreen back. How do you feel about this? Where would you? All?
Speaker 1: Right? So first first, let me talk about what thirty thousand points means. It means you are in a club with Kareem, Karl Malone, Kobe, Michael Dirk, and Wilt. And you might be like Nick, you didn't include Lebron and that, Well, Lebron's not in that club anymore. He graduated. He's in the forty thousand point club. But how hard is it to score thirty thousand points? Michael Jordan did it as a wizard. Let me say that again. Think about all of the points Michael Jordans scored as a Chicago Bull. It wasn't thirty thousand. So that's what Kevin Durant has done, and he's done it. He's the fourth youngest to ever do it, despite losing two full seasons of his career due to injury, the broken foot year and the torn Achilles year. Truly one of the greatest pure scorers in basketball history. The greatest, not the first great shooting seven footer that was Dirk, but the best shooting big man of all time. And it's not even really debatable. Like when I was growing up, a seven footer who could shoot meant he could hit twelve to fourteen footers. Ewing was pretty good at it, David Robinson was okay at it. A Cheme was the best at it as far as the great big men, but those were all true sinners. Then Dirk came around. Kevin Garnett then was really great at the mid range for a guy who wouldn't let you call him seven feet tall but was seven feet tall. Dirk then changed the game. And look back on Dirk's career, what will surprise you is he didn't shoot as many threes as you remember. Dirk for his career averaged three and a half three point attempts per game, not make attempts. Dirk in his prime, you know, from basically year three until call it the year after the championship, averaged three point two three point attempts per game. So he was not a volume three point shooter, but he was the first seven footer that would reliably shoot some and was excellent at it. Then Durant came around and instantly changed everything, where this guy is a true seven footer, and he was at various points in his career either the single best or the second best or clearly top three shooter in basketball. And so he deserves massive credit. And is Brew called him a pioneer, and I think that's fair. Usually we use pioneer in kind of terms of more gravity, but this, as far as shooting BigMan, he is that. Now all of that can be true, and it can simultaneously be true. To Monse that calling him a top ten all time guy is not an allowable opinion, and by it's not allowable. And here's why I say it's not allowable. I don't actually think anyone who calls Kevin Durant a top ten player, if they put pencil to paper and made their list, would have him in the top ten, and again I like, so that is what we are going to do, and you can do it with me, Okay, And I understand you don't have your twenty six. You don't have the full historical knowledge of me.
Speaker 2: Of a lot of you give me, I can see if those are like.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly right. So I'm gonna start with the ones that I think there will be no argument whatsoever. Okay, it must be in the top ten. Lebron James agreed. Agree, Michael Jordan, Kareem Abdul Jabbar. Okay, those not only in my opinion, have to be in your top ten, they have to be in your top three. But that is an opinion. Okay, But there's three locks, dead locks. All right, let's before we even get to the guys whose games were in black and white. Let's name some more magic. Johnson. We agree, he's in the top ten, of course, yep. Tim Duncan five ring, six finals appearances, two league MVPs, arguably the greatest defensive player of the last thirty years, Tim Duncan. So now we're at five, we have five spots remaining in the top ten. I have not yet mentioned Kobe Bryant, does anybody think Kevin Durant's better than Kobe Bryant. I don't think Kevin Durant thinks Kevin Durant it's better than Kobe Bryant. Like now, Durant might think he's the second best ever and that Kobe's the only one ahead of him, but I don't like So, so now we're at six. We got four spots left. Larry Bird. Now there when this clip goes out, there are going to be a bunch of children. And I say that intentionally who are like man Katie would wash Larry Bird feel like, well, what could Larry Bird do that Kevin Durant can do? And Demonse might be one of those children. However, what what when we are doing top ten lists, it cannot be such a bias to the current times that accomplishments are totally irrelevant. So when you go to Larry Bird and then I tell you the following things, Demonse from his rookie year, starting with his rookie year, Demonse through the end of year nine, so we're not skipping his rookie year the day he walks into the league until the end of year nine. He finished first, second, third, or fourth in MVP voting, how many of those nine years? Throw me a number eight, No. Nine every single year in including a stretch where he went a six year stretch Larry Bird where he went second, second, second, first, first, first, a six year stretch where in MVP voting he was second, second, second, first, first, first. He's a three time champion, two time finals, MVP, made five finals, and he has nine time all, nine time First Team All NBA in the first ten years of his career.
Speaker 2: So the are to say it's unfortunate. What'd you say, it's just unfortunate? You would say Larry Bird and Katie are similar archetypes.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, here's the thing. Yes, in both great shooters. But where you give the nod to Bird is Bird is actually one of the best passers in league history. Katie a better.
Speaker 3: Similar ball handler, Like.
Speaker 1: Katie's a better ball handler. Bird was a better rebounder. Katie's a better defender, but Bird just did more. But again, so here's the and so you might be like, well, Nick, so maybe it is arguable because you're arguing about Bird and you're only at seven. And here's why I can definitively say you can't have him in the top ten, because are we simply going to say that none of the old heads get in, none of them. So Bill Russell and his eleven rings are out and his five league MVPs or we're just throwing him out, Wilt Chamberlain, Jerry West, and Oscar Robertson. We want to throw all four of those guys out because if those guys are in, then Bird might not be in. But you know what, let's just pretend we're throwing those four guys out. They don't count. We still only have three spots left, and we have not mentioned Shaquille O'Neal. Shaquille O'Neal was better than Kevin Durant. We have not mentioned Steph Curry. Steph Curry has had a better career by any available metric than Kevin Durant. We now have one spot in our top ten remaining. So again lebron Kareem, Michael Magic, Duncan, Kobe Byrd, Shaq, Steph there's nine. We have simply said, totally unfairly and ridiculously that for this exercise, anyone that played prior to nineteen seventy isn't a top ten player. That Wilt Chamberlain is not a top ten player, that Bill Russell is not a top ten player, that Jerry Wesnscar. But let's just do it. Let's just say, you know what, They're out. We now have one spot remaining, and I'm gonna give you three names who are better than Kevin Durant. The first one is a kim Olajuan, the greatest defensive player arguably in league history, certainly other than Bill Russell. And then two guys playing right now, Nikola Jokic and Yannis. So are is anyone or are people really going to say Katie has been better than Joker? I don't think you can incredibly argue that. Are people like you can argue Janis? Yannis is very very borderline. And then you get to the group. Durant is in Doctor J. Who again I I will get just to show on being fair here, I will give Durant the nod over Doctor J, even though this was Doctor J's career. He's in the ABA. In the ABA, he wins the league MVP three times, he wins the championship two times, he wins the playoff MVP two times. He then goes to the NBA and immediately makes finals after finals after finals before finally playing on arguably the greatest team of all time and winning a championship. Give him the nod over him, Give kd the nod over Moses Malone, and give Kade the nod over Isaiah Thomas. You still have. And this is why if you're gonna like, I care more about top ten lists than basically anyone in the world, but you can't flippantly throw it around lebron Kareem, Michael Magic, Duncan, Kobe Bird, Shaq Steph. We are at nine right then, and there there is one spot available for all of the following people, Bill Russell, Wilt, Chamberlain, Jerry West, Akima, LaJuan Nikola, Jokic, Jannis Antinakumpo. So in order to say Kevin Durant in the top ten, you have to say he is better than Joker, He is better than Yannis, he is better than a Keem, he is better than Russell, Wilt, West, Oscar. You don't actually think that, And the U I'm talking to is literally everyone. You might think he's better than a couple of those guys, there is no chance you think he's better than all of them. And so.
Speaker 2: I maybe was talking about like eighteenth or something.
Speaker 1: If I were to truly order it, this will be fun. Let's do it. This is my true to heart order Lebron won, Kareem two, Michael three, the hardest one is this four to five Russell four, Magic five, Wilt six, Duncan seven, Kobe eight, Bird nine, God dog it. And then this is so this is where my top ten debate is. And yeah, and I did that top fifty list, but the problem my top fifty list was of the last fifty years, so i'dn't have to worry about Russell, Wilt West.
Speaker 3: Those guys.
Speaker 1: So now for the ten spot dreamshak Staff West are the contenders. I will tentatively go as follows. Number ten, Achem Olajuan, number eleven, Shaquille O'Neal, number twelve, Steph Curry number thirteen, Jerry West, number fourteen, Oscar Robertson, number fifteen, Nikolijokic, number sixteen, Oscar Robertson number seventeen, Yannis, number eighteen, doctor j and number nineteen Kevin Duran, with number twenty being Moses, twenty one being Isaiah. And then that the rest of your top twenty five, in some order or another, are Dirk, Carl Malone, Charles Berkley, and Dwayne Wade, and we could argue about it, but I think that is a fair ranking that anybody could push back on movement of a guy three spots in one direction or another. You can't credibly say the dudes a top ten player.
Speaker 3: As a player, as a scorer.
Speaker 1: He's well, his skill set.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like his ability to just go and get a bucket like you know.
Speaker 1: Well and not just get a bucket.
Speaker 3: He's thirty.
Speaker 1: As a basketball player is top ten. But that's a different conversation. You know, what does that make? You know? What it? It has to be what you accomplished in your career has to be the huge weight of the argument. With skill set and stuff being important and tiebreakers and all of that. What to do with the resume is the resume And the fact that Durant has gone his entire thirties, his whole thirties and did not play a single meaningful playoff game is remarkable to me and so like, and that obviously has to play a role in this. And so I just think that I think that throwing around, I think that throwing around the top ten all time is.
Speaker 3: Disrespectful Okay, yeah, I mean.
Speaker 1: It's just and again, I just I think that it is something that people and I'm not even really trying to take shots. I just think aren't doing the work. I just think, like I shouldn't say doing the work, because it's not even our laziness. I just think people aren't putting pen to paper and being like, Okay, who is my top ten? And I think if they did, they would be like, oh, damn, turns out he's not. And so that like, if somebody wants to sit up here and say Kevin Durant was better than dream Shock and Steph and all the old guys that is, that would be crazy to me, At least to me, that would be crazy. Go ahead, poll.
Speaker 2: So of the old guards, the old guards remaining, who could you see at it another batch to their legacy? I mean, and these are the ages start next season. Lebron's at forty, you got Katie at thirty six, Steph at thirty seven, Chris Paul is gonna be forty, you got hard and at thirty six, and Russ's gonna be turning thirty six next season as well.
Speaker 1: The answers and none of them, like I Lebron's got the best chance because he's with Luca. But Durant, you know, Durant's we'll talk about what's next for Durant briefly, like maybe this offseason. They wouldn't do it, but man, it'd be so much fun. What if OKC just gets popped early in the playoffs and they're like bring him home? Like that would be sick. That would be and then and I would I would love that. My only thing is they're probably not going to get popped early in the playoffs. They're probably gonna make the finals. Yeah, and you know what I mean. And then they're not gonna all of a sudden bring in Durant.
Speaker 3: But but do you think.
Speaker 2: Durant would like, oh, like like a pay cut, like t take a little bit less money to.
Speaker 1: There's no pay cuts allowed in the NBA. Okay, it's weird. It's like, if you're a free agent, you can sign for anything you want whatever at contract, so you have to trade.
Speaker 2: They just got to buy it out copy Okay.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, and I mean, and so here's the thing. They it's Phoenix isn't gonna buy him out because then they get no draft picks for him. You know what I mean, So like he could be a free agent fifteen months from now, but a year from now, someone have to take on the salary. All right, let's love Lakers here first.
Speaker 2: Second. Uh So, Luca and the Lakers struggled against the Jazz. They obviously beat them the other day and they got popped in the mouth last night. Luca has sixteen four and four even six or thirteen one of five from a free throw and five turnovers in twenty three minutes. So he came out and said we can go very far. Obviously today I felt a little bit rusty, you know, two games back from my injury, turnovers, misfree throws, so I gotta do way better. How are you feeling about your guys over there and yellow?
Speaker 1: So listen, that was a bad loss. There's no way around it. You have no business. Why say it again?
Speaker 3: You could you could see why.
Speaker 2: I mean, like that, tell me Jackson a Jackson Hay is going down pretty early. The Jazz are obviously just way too big for him, like it, and they need it.
Speaker 1: Was all of that. It was also you know all All Star game, you know All Star Game being around the corner. Yes that and listen, Luca is getting back into I know this sounds awful. He's actually he right now actually is out of shape because he's he's coming off six weeks out with a lower body injury, and that's what's gonna happen like the and so he's getting his rhythm. Look, they're trying to figure out how to play with each other. Alex Lynn, fresh off the buy out market, is you know with the team Jackson As gets popped in the face, he obviously is, you know, then he's out and the Jazz just clock you. It's a bad loss in this regard. The Jazz are horrendous and every single game here matters. Like they had they won last night, they would wake up this morning and they're still the four seed with the same number of losses as Denver. Because they lost last night, they're the five seed and you know, they're two and a half behind Denver. So like they it does matter. And I'm not but they had one what did they won nine in a row, so you'd won nine in a row, you're fitting lukea in I am. Last night's game does not make me worry about the Luca Lebron fit. I don't think we've seen anything close to what that fit is going to be because we haven't seen Luca be Luca yet. Luca hasn't played twenty five minutes in a game. Luca hasn't gotten rolling yet like that, so that'll take time. The question is are they just going When the trade was made, we all said they needed at a big. They then thought they added the big and Mark Williams they didn't. By the way, did you see that drama that mark. Dave mcminnimon said to Rich Eison yesterday that the Hornets are still trying to argue that trade should go through, and rich Eysen asked him, like, what does that mean, like you bring in a third party doctor? And Dave mcminnimon said that the way he understands it is the NBA would hold quote something of a mock try where both teams would present their cases, and okay, I've never heard of that. If that's the case, they got to air that All Star weekend, we got to see the Lakers Hornets mock trial where they're they're like, hey, here's what's problem with Mark Williams injuries. So the point is, and by the way, the Lakers must have massive concerns with that dude's injuries because they clearly need a center.
Speaker 2: And yeah, and I mean and thereof they're trying to get the Jet, I mean, not the Jazz, but the Magic is trying to get rid of him. I think doesn't make it any better. Like there there is something, but are the Hornets. But if he if he goes back there and they use him, Like if they're going to use him, why can't the Lakers just take him?
Speaker 3: You need a big man?
Speaker 1: Well, so he was. He went from not being on the injury report to now this pass game for the Hornets listed out with an injury. And I don't think I could be wrong. I don't think the Lakers are arguing he's too injured to play this very moment.
Speaker 3: Something's eventually gonna happen, is what they're saying.
Speaker 1: Not only something's eventually gonna happen, but he is playing through an injury that either needs surgery or needs to be a dressed like so something like that. So I am not Last night was a bad loss, last game four All Star. You're on a hot streak. Luke's getting his legs under him. I won't freak out about it, but it is a loss that the end of the year, you might be like, damn, I wish we'd have taken business, taken care of business against the twelve win Jazz. You know, if we're fighting for seeding, I do demond'say, there is a follow up here that I want to get to. This will yeh, this will make people mad, probably so Brownie.
Speaker 2: He played, He played in garbage time. He got a couple of nice budgets. At the end of the game. He had a really nice step back. So give us our Bronnie update.
Speaker 1: The Bronni update is, are we still gonna go crying on television begging lebron James to be a better father and stop this farce? Or are we gonna be like turns out, Bronni is playing exactly like a generic fifty to fifth pick of the draft should play. So here's a fun one, Demons. I looked it up this morning. Bronnie James was the fifty to fifth pick of the draft. We're now more than halfway through the season. Where do you think Bronnie James ranks amongst rookies in minutes? Let's just start with minutes, and again, this is you know, a little reductive analysis.
Speaker 3: But you would have the rookies.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's a ton of rookies because you have the fifty eight who were drafted and then all the undrafted kids. But my point is you would hope that the kid drafted number one is near number one in minutes and points, you know what I mean? And so and if so he was the fifty fifth drafted rookie amongst all rookies, if it was just a generic you know, guy who you drafted fifty fifth, you would hope you're getting in the moment, I guess the fifty fifth most production of the rookies like that, that would mean he's playing to his generic draft stop. So we're at the All Star break, how's Bronni doing. He is amongst rookies exactly fifty fifth in minutes? Oh okay, Well maybe that's because the Lakers are just you know, because he's bronze kid, giving him more opportunities with He's fifty fifth in minutes, But where is he in points? Amazingly, like just it's crazy that this happened. He is exactly fifty fifth in points. Oh okay, So he's played the fifty fifth pick of the draft, has played amongst all rookies the fifty fifth most minutes and has the fifty fifth most points. What about other things? Where is he in assists amongst all rookies? And the answer is he is forty seventh. Oh, you know, right in line, but a little maybe better than you'd hoped. Where is he amongst all rookies and steals? Right? That feels like a fair question. Oh, he's forty fourth, the fifty fifth pick of the draft? Okay, where is he in blocks? The fifty fifth pick of the draft? Brownie James is forty second. The only category the six to two guard is not fifty fifth or better amongst rookies is rebounds. Where he's in I think I'll pull it up because I gave the exact ones on the other ones. I want to give the exact ones on this one. Bronnie James in rebounding is I had it right here? Sixty third? So he need you know? So he's not playing to his draft the six to two guards not playing to his draft position in rebounding. And how has the young man done in the G League? Well, the G league's weird because they have this preseason tip off thing that's a huge chunk of time and then the regular season begins. So he has played five regular season G League games, thirty three minutes per game, averaging twenty three points, five rebounds, four assists on forty three thirty nine seventy nine splits pretty good. So in other words, everyone calm down. The fifty fifth pick of the draft, by any metric you can find, is playing exactly as you would hope the fifty fifth pick of any draft would be playing. That's that's it, that's all. Is he going to be a star in this league? Almost assuredly not. Is he ever going to be a true rotational player? No way to tell. Was it some farce and some parental nepotism tragedy that is that we need to go on camera and be like I beg you as a father to stop this. No, the fifty fifth pick looks like in the G League and in the NBA like you would hope the fifty fifth pick would look. Who's scoring big in the NBA this season? You are with the all new ways to get in on the actions at Draft Kings, sportsbook and official sports betting partner of the NBA. Monster Slams Dish in the Rock to clean in the glass, get behind your favorite players and the prop bets you can make on DraftKings, the home of NBA player props. Ready to place your first bet? Try betting on something simple like picking how many points your favorite player will have. Go to the DraftKings sportsbook app and make your pick tonight. Fellas, By the way, I want to start keeping track of these. Let's start seeing how I do when I'm giving these DraftKings details. Tonight, I'm looking at the following Walker Kessler over ten and a half against the Clippers, with the theory being yes, both teams are on a back to back, but the Clipper James Harden, is an All Star. The Clippers, I feel like, are you know, more likely to be looking forward to this time off? Walker Kessler coming off a nice game. I think he can get to at least eleven points, and I am going under Anthony Edwards twenty eight and a half against OKC. Why ant Man's an all star? Ant Man took thirty three shots last night. OKC, even if they're playing a lot of backup guys, have waves and waves of defenders, and you know, seems to have a lot on his mind right now. I'll take under Anthony Edwards twenty eight and a half. I'll take over Walker Kessler ten and a half lines and odds subject to change. First time. Something special, just for you. New DraftKings customers bet five dollars, get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets. How do you do this? Very simple? Take it to the rack with Draftings Sportsbook Every point Counts downloads DraftKings Sports Book app and use code right WRGHT. That's code right WRID for new customers to get one hundred fifty dollars in bonus bets when you bet just five bucks only on DraftKings. The crown is yours. Gambling problem call one eight hundred gambler in New York call eight seven seven eight hope in why, or text hope in why, which is four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill, Casino and resort. In Kansas twenty one plus age in eligibility varies by jurisdiction. Void in Ontario. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance for additional terms and responsible gaming resources see DKNG dot co slash b ball demonse. It looks as if we have some breaking news. You see this in the rundown.
Speaker 2: Fifty bucks in my pocket? I see it. Jets just traded. We have informed Aaron Rodgers that we will be moving in a different direction at quarterback.
Speaker 1: Well hold on, let's go back to the fifty bucks in your pocket. Did you bet somebody that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Me and a colleague like three or four months ago, I think I was like, how much do you want to bet that Aaron Rodgers won't be the quarterback of the Jets next year?
Speaker 3: And he's like, I think he will be, you know. I was like, I don't think he will.
Speaker 1: All right, Can I give you some advice? You have to.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, no, you.
Speaker 1: Have to, you gotta.
Speaker 2: Oh no, it was mentioned two days ago, like it was there were there was already there was already talks of this like already going on.
Speaker 3: But I think it's official now.
Speaker 1: So yeah, if they've tweeted it, yeah, okay, that's what I was gonna say. Any old bets, once the verdict is in, you have to to make sure you snap identify or else you know, So all right, good job, No, no, no, I think betting with colleagues as long as it's one hundred dollars or less is fine, I can I tell you, and then we'll get to the Jets day. So I bet with Hubbs, who runs our show. Yeah, and they have been escalating bets where five, ten, twenty, and then one hundred dollars and every bet that I've won, I'm four and zero in these bets now. To be fair, what they really are is like he's betting like twenty to one on things. So like the five dollar bet was, I don't know, Aaron Judge will hit sixty five home runs or you know, something like that. So I'm on the house side of it. Essentially, I'm a huge favorite in these. But he gives me the money and I tape it to the office wall. So when you walk in our conference room, there is a five, a ten, of twenty and one hundred dollars bill taped to the wall, and it's just a taunt. Well, you know what the hundred was, Wild Hubs never met me a hundred bucks. The hundred was when I beat wilds and bowling, and I made pay me and now it's taking bowling.
Speaker 3: I don't take either. One of you guys are like.
Speaker 1: Wild Wild's good bowler. I'm a horrific bowler. He choked, choke and then and not only flat choked he because he it was it doesn't matter. I beat him straight up and bowling, and near the end or right after I beat him, I was like ribbing him, was like let's just go double or nothing, like you're better than me, blah blah, And he turned to me stone serious, and he's like, I know you think this is helping our relationship. It's not.
Speaker 3: So he knew he was supposed to be.
Speaker 1: I was a peak obnoxious. He was at today office party and I was being peak obnoxious. Okay, let's talk Rogers here. Uh, this is a great move by Aaron Glenn. Even if they don't know who their quarterback is going to be, you you have to claw back control of your locker room. And I'm not saying Rogers was universally reviled. It's very clear some of his teammates really really liked him. I don't know that all of them did, but it's very clear some did. But if you are going to have any chance of, for the first time, damn near in my lifetime, of the Jets being a competent, regular organization and of the Jets being able to operate the way a functional football team does. You're not gonna be able to change the owner. You probably want to, you can't. The best you can do is change the GM and head coach, which you did, and allow the Jets for the first time in a few years to be under the radar, to not be a hot topic, and to not have one of the most famous and polarizing and at this point also not that good quarterbacks in the league, holding weekly symposiums on McAfee and all and all of the stuff that goes along with being in the Aaron Rodgers business. They had to get out of that business. They had to. And so I don't know the Jets, what are they drafting ninth? Hold on five NFL draft Wiki, Uh, the Jets are drafting seventh, So Schador and Cam won't be there now. Maybe you can reach on Jackson Darter, Jalen Milroe, or maybe you just take to a bridge quarterback. And I know what sucks for the Jets is the most sought after Bridge quarterback this year is probably Sam Darnald and they don't want Sam Donald. They already had Sam Donald. So yeah, it's it. It's going to be a tough year for them at that position. But it gives Aaron Glenn a chance to be the voice, the guy for that franchise and that couldn't happen with Aaron. And the other side of it is this, they're not good enough outside of quarterback to be like, well, but with Aaron we can win a championship. If if you could, then maybe you stomach it for a year you thought that was the case. This past year, now you're drafting seventh. You won five games, you there was no world there's the Jets are not close and so what you need to do is start building out the team and figuring out what that what the actual Jets culture and organization is going to be about. And so yeah, I would take a flyer, uh on a quarterback? I would who are the you know? Would I consider and this is gonna sound funny coming from me, would I consider being like, hey, Jimmy Garoppolo, you want to come for a year? Maybe would I see if a year of being under read and Mahomes, Carson Wentz can give me a year of halfway decent football. Sure, like those would be the things I do while I try to fix the offensive line, lead with defense and go from there. Then the question becomes Demons, where does Aaron Rodgers go and what does says?
Speaker 3: It's most likely the Steelers.
Speaker 1: So there seems to be a lot of smoke there. Now. I don't know if you saw the report this morning from a guy I'd never heard of before, but no disrectimized. Think he's a local reporter somewhere. But I loved it. You know, the Steelers called about evidently the Prince. Oh boy, get the Prince down in Jacksonville. Yeah, Mike, get in with Mike Tomlin. That'd be awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine Mike Tomlin with Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 1: Well except remember they had that like flirtation thing like the where like Tomlin like winked Adam Rogers smiled at him while they were playing each other. This happened a couple times. Maybe Tomlin thinks he could do it. He can be answer, So the Steelers do make sense. Here's another one. If Aaron really just wants to follow the exact Brett fav game plan. What about Minnesota? If Minnesota is like, we're you know, Darnold's gonna cost too much JJ because of the injury, we're not sure on yet, and you know, we want to be good again, so we want a veteran quarterback that has a fringe possibility. I'm trying to think of the other places. So let's just do it real quick.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, go.
Speaker 1: Ahead, Oh no, go tell me what draft.
Speaker 2: The the They've got the Steelers at plus two hundred, Raiders at plus three hundred forty nine, Ers at plus three fifty.
Speaker 1: Forty nine, Ers would be wild yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: And then they got Vikings at plus four hundred and Titans at plus seven fifty.
Speaker 3: So I think those are the most likely.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean the Titans obviously would want him. I if Aaron's only opportunities to play for the Titans, I think he probably just has to retire like all those other Well, the ra the Raiders thing are the Raiders pieces. Not that I think the Raiders gonna be better than the Titans this year, but at least the Raiders are kind of a marquee franchise. They're in Vegas and Pete Carroll's there right, then Devonte is probably like Jesus man could have done this a year ago, and I hauld have just stayed. The forty nine ers would be unreal it. Just as far as storylines, if the Niners are like, hey, Brock, sorry, we'll pay you later. Uh, I just think that is a remarkable I I can't imagine that happening. I just can't. Like, I just and I was gonna go, so I want to go the way I always do this is I just go division by division. Bill's no chance, Miami no chance, Jets obviously no chance, Patriots no chance. AFC's done, Baltimore no chance since he no chance, Pittsburgh real chance. So we have one real chance Cleveland, I don't see it. Texan's no chance. Cults reason maybe maybe, I mean they don't have a quarterback. They're not gonna be able to draft them, Like.
Speaker 3: What do you mean what's going on with Anthony Richardson?
Speaker 1: He shouldn't. They don't have a quarterback, and they have made it clear he's gonna have to compete. They don't know they have a quarterback. If you're Aaron, that might be an attractive place. Decental line is the Dome, WINNA Bull Division something Jacksonville, No Titans, maybe a f C West only you know, Broncos, Chargers, Chiefs, no Raiders, maybe n FC East Eagles, no Commanders, no Cowboys, no Giants. You can't see it. He's not gonna go, mate. Well, maybe do you go to the Giants.
Speaker 3: While on Earth you.
Speaker 1: Don't have a quarterback? Oh yeah, Packers no obviously, Bears, no Bucks, no Falcons, no Panthers, no Saints. No, because they're dealing with car Oh oh, maybe the Rams do end up trading Stafford, use that pick to draft a quarterback, use Aaron as a bridge. That would be in. Now you might be like, in that case, why would you not just keep Stafford? They seem to want to get young at that position. That would be interesting though. Seahawks, no Cardinals, no Niners. Evidently they're on the list. So wow, So real breaking news here from you know what I mean? From while we're on the air. Uh, all right, we're gonna we're gonna have to skip some stuff here. So before we get to the basketball tournament and me and my wife's flight back from the super Bowl, let me tell you guys about my friends at DAYA. This episode of What's Right is brought to you by DAYA Pizza featuring dairy free cheese made with their new DAYA Oat cream blend. Dairy free cheese come a long way. DAYA is leading the charge. Their pizza's off for the melton structure of traditional cheese without any dairy. Each day A Pizza starts with a perfectly crisp cruss, layered with savory, satisfying toppings, and finished with cheese that melts and stretches beautifully. The DAYA Cream Blend delivers a creamy, cheesy texture that's indistinguishable from dairy based options. Every pizza is crafted to be dairy free, making it a great choice for anyone seeking more inclusive meal options without compromising on taste. Data takes the concept of dairy free to a new level, eliminating faux MoU fear of missing dairy. These pizzas delivered delicious taste and texture, making them perfect for any occasion from casual dinners to game day spreads. Enjoy a foam move free pizza night with day of Visit dayafoods dot com That's d ai Ya Foods dot com for more information or find data pizza at retailers like Whole Foods, Kroger, and Walmart, coming soon to select publics and sprouts. Follow Daya on Instagram and TikTok for more updates and recipes. All right, demon's a real quick let's let's act. Let's go through the Wednesday night NBA games, bang bang bang, and then we'll do this other stuff if we can.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Milwaukee won, oh three, it's Minnesota's one on one. There was no Yiannis and no Dame Kuzma.
Speaker 3: I know what's the leader there?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Is it time for Minnesota to panic? Is that? Is there a problem there? Oh?
Speaker 1: I panic?
Speaker 3: If by Minnesota Kuzma.
Speaker 1: I would no, I would legit panic, I would listen. I I don't want to make light of, you know, the internet stories swirling around Anthony Edwards, but they're there, and you know you need it. He's twenty three, he's going, you know, he's dealing with stuff, and the team has one of the greatest game seven comebacks in the last deck you know ever Actually in the NBA playoff history against the defending champs. They then blow it up. Essentially, Hey, I shouldn't say blow it up, but they trade one of their franchise centerpieces for Julius Randall and de Vincenzo. And now they're hovering around five hundred. You're you know, you're losing to a Bucks team that's without its only two stars and that had just traded its others, you know, former star. That's a bad, bad loss. There's just no way around it. And when you look at where they fall in the Western Conference, now they're in the play in demonse, there's sandwich between the Clippers and the MAVs. When people thought this team was gonna be a real championship contender, Like that's just that's just brutal, all right.
Speaker 2: Next game, Houston one nineteen to Phoenix one eleven. Oh yeah, the Sun's are they're dealing with injuries right now and they're now in the eleven seed. After this loss, they're plus three seventy to make the playoffs. So did you make that bet?
Speaker 1: No chance make the make the Keep in mind, those make the playoffs bets means including them making the play in doesn't get you in.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, you got it.
Speaker 1: You have to get you the actual team tournament. And so those are those are because the Suns do we think they're gonna, let's just say they get to the play in Are they gonna climb to the seven eight line where you only need to win one play in game, or are you gonna be in the nine ten line where you need to win two at least one and maybe both on the road. So and you got like Durant Man, Durant had thirty seven on twenty two shots, and they got they were leading going into the fourth by a lot, by the way, but they they they were leading by eight going into the fourth and they lost by eight. I'll score thirty five nineteen in the fourth quarter against the Rockets team that's just markedly, markedly better than them. And you know that's a spot maybe for Durant in the offseason, but no, I think the Suns are in desperate trouble, desperate trouble, and it just sucks so much for Durant. D all right, next one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Dallas is depleted in one Saturday at the very end offensive foul by Jimmy Butler's so Golden Stay is now the tenth seat and their minus one on five to make the playoffs. Why do you think the Vegas trusts to Jimmy and Steph more than they trust Phoenix.
Speaker 1: Well, I just think that they think that Jimmy and Steph and I got to think about this for a second about the bet that I would make. They Okay, I got it. They think Jimmy and Steph are in way better position. The Warriors are going to get better. That was, though, a great win. I'm more interested in the win from the Mavericks side of things for the MAVs, dealing with everything they're dealing with against a team that they're fighting to stay in the play in with Kyrie drops forty two, and what would worry me if I were the MAVs would be this, But maybe the All Star breaks came at the exact right time.
Speaker 2: Say it again, I mean Kyrie dropped forty two and they won bout four points.
Speaker 1: Yes, but they I mean, they'll get Anthony Davis back at some point. But here's what I was gonna say, Demon's last five games for Kyrie, Well, you know what we'll do last seven games. We could go further. I'll do the last five minutes forty forty four, forty two, forty forty two. That is, I mean, that's and if you just go back, I mean Kyrie's been ever since Luca got hurt. Okay, let me see if I can pull this up exactly, and this is now maybe the again, maybe the All Star break came at the exact right time because Kyrie since Christmas Day and now he missed time with injury. So we'll just go since Kyrie came back from again a back injury that which concerned you, there has been one game he didn't play heavy minutes one, a blowout against Washington. His minutes are as follows thirty nine, forty thirty eight, thirty nine, forty two, twenty eight, thirty nine, thirty seven, missed a game forty two, thirty nine, forty two, forty four, forty So it's a thirteen game stretch or a fourteen game stretch where he missed one game. Where he's averaging more than thirty nine minutes per game at his age, with his injury history with an injured back, that would concern me. But he was awesome.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: Let's get to the flight home from the Super Bowl. So did you see my tweets about this or am I telling you this for the first time?
Speaker 3: This is this is new to me.
Speaker 1: Okay, so this will be great again. New listeners viewers like rate subscriber review, hit the bell, please do all that. But if you are a new viewer, Demonse is my son. Demanse's mom is my wife, and that will make Demanse's thoughts on this all the better. So super Bowl, about six days before I went to New Orleans, your mom says to me, you know, I changed my mind and I do want to go to super Bowl. Like okay, well, I that's listen. She comes with me every year. I was shocked she wasn't going to go, but she had said she wasn't going to go, And now you know, I have to figure out the flights thing. And that's days before the super Bowl too. New Orleans is in a huge city, like you know what I mean, It's not like the super Bowl's in Dallas or LA, where you have a thousand flights. Like okay, all right, let me figure it out. So I find her flight in and for a flight back Sunday morning. I'm like, you want us to be on the same flight, right, She's like yeah, obviously. I'm like, well there's a flight like forty minutes before or after mine. It's way easy. Like we're being the same air, no same flight, got it, No problem. I'll buy maybe the most expensive one way New Orleans to New York ticket that's ever been bought, so we can be on a foot together. Like that's fine, no problem. Fox pays for my travel. I'm traveling for work.
Speaker 3: Sorry.
Speaker 1: And when Fox again pays for my travel, they fly me first class. Now, the New Orleans to New York plane is not some giant jump but not one of those planes where you walk by and first class has their own suite and you know all that stuff. It's just slightly bigger seats and you get free drinks and food whatever. There were no first class tickets available when I bought your mama ticket, or else I would have boughter one because this coach ticket had to cost five x what my first class ticket costs to begin with, because mine was bought months ago. Whatever. And so as soon as I buy it, I'm like, well, I know how this story is gonna end. This story is going to end with your mom sitting in my seat and me sitting in the back of the plane. Like I know that that's how it's going to end. But I've I've I have accepted that right. So morning of We're going to the airport and she's for the first time. She's like, so, where's my seat. I'm like, well, actually, you haven't been assigned a seat yet. It's like, what do you mean. I'm like, it won't. No. She had a confirmed ticket, but not a confirm like they have. You got to go to the gate to get the seat, and she was like, where's your seat. I'm like, well, where do you you know? Where do you think my seat is? And she's like no, but you have an assigned seat. I'm like, yeah, yeah, seat one A is my seat. She's like, okay, you should see if I can sit up there with you.
Speaker 3: I'm like yeah.
Speaker 1: So we get to the gate. I go up there. I'm like, hi, here's my ticket. Is there any way I can up grade my wife's ticket. Here's her you know, boarding pass, says see agent. And the guy's like, oh no, we're fully booked in first class. It's like, okay, can you at least you know, can we get her seat now? It's like, yeah, no problem. So I'm seat one to A. She is seat thirty eight D on what appears to be a thirty eight row playing I'm like, well, this isn't gonna be great, but it is what it is. I'm gonna be sitting back there. That's fine, said I fly. It's not like I'm a first class only flyer. I don't buy myself first class seats, you know what? The but whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So she's like, so, did you get it. I'm like no. I was like, but I'll trade with you. She's like, no, don't do that. She was like, there's a bunch of people flying back from the super Bowl, like they might know you. They might you know you're nervous about the game.
Speaker 3: Don't do it.
Speaker 1: I'm like, no, we can trade. She's like, no, it's fine. I'm like, okay, I guess. So we get on the plane. I sit in the first row. She does bye and walks to the back of the plane. Text me, I'm literally in the back row. Like okay, sorry, text her, do you want to trade? She texts back, No, I text again, we can trade all exclamation points. She texts back, no, okay. Now the whole plane is boarded. I'm just about to watch a movie. She texts me. The only empty seat on the plane is next to me. You can come sit with me. So now it's like wait, we're just gonna have an empty for cutsy.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's yeah, so.
Speaker 1: Right, But we're getting ready to take off, so I text her back. I'm like, Okay, once we get in the air and they turn off the fasten your seatbelt sign, all come back there. Banking on the fact your mother will fall asleep. Yeah, snap, fall asleep. Be fine, she says to me. I just asked the flight attendant. He said, you can come back now. I text her back, that's crazy because the person up here said we have to stay in our seats. In fact, she said I'll be put on the no fly list if I get up, like obviously joking tomanse oh she almost ninety ninety seconds later, I get a little tap on my shoulder. It is the flight attendant who says, front of the cabin.
Speaker 3: You can come back here.
Speaker 1: You're why I wanted me to tell you you're allowed to go back there. I'm like, oh, okay, thank you. He's like, yeah, we're not taking off for like three minutes, so if you want to go, you just have to go right now. So I gather my stuff, walk to the back of the plane, take this picture, and sit, I mean sit in the final row. We're on a fully booked flight. There ended up being one seat open and it was seat one A. And that's that. So it's married life. I suppose, pal like, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey man? Uh the flight attending. I thought it was gonna be like mom coming up there and pressing you like hey. I found out that. Yeah, the flight attendant coming up.
Speaker 3: There to grab you up. It's hilarious.
Speaker 1: No. Uh, well, the and I mean.
Speaker 2: It's just more bonding you guys. I mean, why would you guys sit separate on a flight together? And I think this has happened before, is it not?
Speaker 1: Well, no, we've traded, like the thing is this? I don't I don't mind it. But within ten minutes she was asleep. Yeah, and I'm and now I'm like, do I leave? Do I come up there? Like no, I'll just sit back here all right. Uh, let's do some listener questions real quick?
Speaker 2: Go ahead, Oh, World Beaters, says Saint Duran's top ten is as crazy as saying Katie is nineteen.
Speaker 1: Okay, make your own list again. I won't make your list World Beater Like I gave you the names. I went through the names again. I said, we can argue three spots here or there. You want to say he should be ahead of Jannis and doctor Jay, so be it. There is no argument for him ahead of And if you even want to say my list shouldn't your list isn't gonna include the old old timers, that's fine. But if you remove the old old timers, I don't have nineteen. I have him fifteen. So like, if you're gonna do the whole thing, you gotta do the whole thing, all right.
Speaker 2: Next, justin at Nick Wright, should the Chiefs shopped Chris Jones before his new contract kicks in, they would get hellipicks in cap space if they got the right offer.
Speaker 1: No, they're definitely not trading Chris Jones. And the way they've done his contract is not really a real tradable contract, and that's not their mo Go to Nick question.
Speaker 2: Uh, you were prepared to call this Chiefs team the greatest ever and the Eagles stomped them. Does this make this Eagles team the best ever? Or in the conversation, no, so I was the.
Speaker 1: Chiefs piece of it had a lot of factors that only the Chiefs were eligible for because it was colored under the While going for a three peat. You know, like, that's not the team right what I now, I was saying the twenty twenty four Chiefs if they finished it off, this season's Chiefs team could this season could be called the greatest team ever. But it was under the context of accomplishing all of this, winning in all these different ways, beating all those playoff teams while going for a three peat. No, what I will say is though the Eagles had one of the most dominant final two games ever and their final I mean they won sixteen of seventeen to close the season, and the one loss was when Jalen got hurt. So yeah, I mean, a greatest st Ebber is a bridge too far, but this was a dominant football team, played dominant football down the stretch. All right, great job, everybody, I gotta get to work, great job, Demandsay's a ton of fun. Little programming note Next week, two pods. Then I'm gone for a week to New Zealand. Then when we're back in March, three pods a week, maybe one of which with the person who we just told that story about my wife. More details on that next week. Thank you for listening. Like rate, subscribe, review YouTube by June, Spotify, all that stuff. Talk to you guys later. We'll try