Speaker 1: The volume. The eighty two game preseason is in the books, and it is finally time for the real season. Don't miss out on any NBA playoff action at DraftKings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. From the play in tournament through the finals. Draft Kings Sportsbook as you covered with same game parlays, live betting, ods, boost and much more. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code Shannon. New customers can bear five dollars and get two hundred and bonus bets instantly. That's the code Shannon only on DraftKings. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 2: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hop and wired text hope and y four six seven three six nine.
Speaker 3: In Connecticut, help.
Speaker 2: Is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothell, Casino w and Resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario. Bonus beets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue ins See DKG dot co slash b ball for eligibility and depositive restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 1: The playoffs are upon us the best place to watch right there in person. Game Time is an authorized ticket marketplace for playoff basketball, which makes getting playoff tickets even easier and faster. Prices on game Time app actually go down closer it gets to tip off with killer last minute deals, all in prices views from your seat. The Lord's Price Guarantee game Time takes the guests work out of buying tickets, save even more when you choose a section and let game time choose to see the Lord's Price Guaranteed or game Time will credit one and ten percent of the difference. Take the guest work out of buying playoff basketball tickets with game Time. Download the game Time opup. Creat an account, use code Nightcap twenty dollars off your first purchase. Terms apply again. Creat an account redeem code Nightcap night caap for twenty dollars off. Download game Time today last minute tickets lowers price guaranteed. Hello ladies and gentlemen, and thank you for joining us again for Nightcap Olympic style. I am your favorite NK Shannon Sharp, the guy in your top left, he's your favorite number eighty five. He's the route runner extraordinary, the Binga Ring of Fame, Arnoie, the legendary, the Pro Bowl of the all pro y'all knowing from Liberty City. Wait by way of Samo Jukoch that chad O Josiko Jamo.
Speaker 4: Thing, and don't forget the only man, the only man in high school, the run of forty two and a four hundred, but go.
Speaker 1: Ahead, the only man in high school, the mother forty two and the fourth. The guy at the bottom of the screen, y'all see it right there. That's the gold medal winning four hundred meter. He just ran the second fastest time in Olympic history. He won the gold, put us back on top of the podium for the first time in the four hundred meters since two thousand and eight. That is Quincy Hall. Please make sure you hit that light button. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Guys, go make sure you subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed. Wherever you get your podcast from. Every podcast subscriber counts. This is how you've helped us make it to the top of the chart. Make sure you check out my shade by Laportier. We have it in stock, so please make sure you go. If we don't have it in a city near you, order it and get it shipp right to your door. Please make sure you go go follow my media company page on all platforms that Shayshape Media and my clothing company eighty four. That's eighty four spelled out. The link is pinned at the top of the chat. We have a very special interview later tonight with not just Houston, but first we're joined by you heard me said earlier four one hundred meter gold medalist Quincy Hall.
Speaker 3: That dog Quinn. What's up, broke?
Speaker 5: You see.
Speaker 4: That's what Yeah, yeah, I'm quissing. First off, I'm gonna let you go. You know, so we got some unfinished business me and q. You know, we've been talking going back and forth on Twitter, whatnot, you know, grad laces for one's.
Speaker 1: Let's let's get into the that four hundred. We're gonna talk about the men's and the women. Let's get to the men first. The four hundred meters and Chris Bailey. You had it was reported that you're dealing with a little hamstring issue or leg issue, and you weren't able to run. So they laid off with Chris Bailey who had it in the Berni Norwood, Bryce Demon and Rob Benjamin and if Berning Norwood. He's had an unbelievable because he's ran extremely well at the mixed doubles and yesterday he ran us back into qualification running forty three five. Today he split another one. But it came down to that anchor leg and you know you got to be a boy dog.
Speaker 3: And stand tall of that ache equipment.
Speaker 1: You got less low Tobac Let's uh Tobogo run low forty four and you got Rod Benjamin, the reigning Olympic champ at four hundred at the hurdles when they got the baton. Tell me what would have been your strategy and what did you like about how Roy played it?
Speaker 5: Rob played this move man.
Speaker 6: Rod knows that Toboga's a quicker running, so Tobogo can't really like trud him as much. But if I, if I was ry, would have took him out a little bit faster and made him chase a little harder.
Speaker 5: But Rod played the smart man right.
Speaker 6: Had a long week rise at chevv so Rob played the smart and if if Tobogo would have tried, I feel like Roy would have ran a little faster.
Speaker 5: But yeah, Rod played it real smart, right, Rose a good dude.
Speaker 1: I thought Rod didn't stepped on the gas because he wanted to make sure he has something left at the end. Because Tobogo ran the third flast fastest split that's ever been running. He ran forty three three. Rd ran forty one forty three one three, which is the fifth fastest. Only two men have ever run sub split forty three obviously that's Michael Johnson. Jeremy Wann of Tobogo has the third. In the ninety two Olympic our Quincy Watts ran a forty one one forty three. I keep saying forty one, ran forty three one and then ride today. So what we thought today? It doesn't normally come down like this, Yeah, but boy, that that's what we want to see because normally we just run away with the things.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we always were just run away with But I kind of seen it from the U from the prelums and then from the from the go to gun that.
Speaker 5: Boswana got a good team. You know what I mean. It's it's it's just not us. Just got some dogs.
Speaker 6: Bodswana got a strong team and they got like five six guys at the run forty four men and forty four mini translates to forty three in the split. So now we knew Bodswana was gonna be strong and stuff like that. But without me being on the relay, I knew we could win it just because we got some dogs too. I mean, I know Quincy Wilson he split forty seven, but it's his first time being out here on the global stage. And yeah, like I said, he's been dealing with some hamstring injury too. But it's it's just like I said, it's learning experience. But any any team we put out there, I had my money on our team.
Speaker 3: You do know if y'all, if you run on that relay, y'all, that royal record might be two fifty three.
Speaker 5: Yeah you know that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean you know that.
Speaker 6: I've been seeing a lot of comments about it, but I don't like to think of it. Would it could have shot us because I'm not that type of guy. I'm a I'm a what happened?
Speaker 5: You know what I mean?
Speaker 6: So I don't like to put myself it's not about me right now, It's about them four guys that step up blind and ran that race and wanted So it's not about me.
Speaker 5: I run, I won a four hundred. Yeah that's cool.
Speaker 6: But I didn't step out the day because I didn't feel I didn't feel comfortable with my hamstring. I didn't want to I didn't want to be tight or like happen to stop running in commenting USA from being the gold medal. So that was just a business move and just being being a bigger person, being a good teammate.
Speaker 4: Right, I'm curious, how did you we saw the four hundred, Yeah, we saw come off that last curve where you are Forget that part. I need to know how did you mainly prepare for the pressure of competing on the world biggest stage. I just want to know that first. Then we'll get to the to the race in the end results.
Speaker 6: Well, uh, like I said, man, I don't, I don't. I don't really like talking about the track. I don't really like talking like that. But I consider myself like being one of the mentally strongest pressures out there, and I don't think there's no I don't think there's no pressure on me, Like every time I go out there, it's like me racing in the small meat of somebody else. I don't really I don't feel no pressure like the guys. I don't know about the mother. I don't feel no pressure. All I feel is that I practiced by myself. So when I'm out there and I'm out there grinding, I'm out there doing my my my my meters, and I'm out there doing my heels and all of that stuff. And I joke, I just feel like if I'm out there by myself, because my coach is always kind afforda cors own, and I'm out there by myself. So when I'm out there just putting me in my work and do my ground, I'm out there telling myself to like, come on, cue, let's go. You know, you gotta get up, let's go. So if I don't want it myself, then nobody is going it for me. So it's not really a mental standpoint.
Speaker 5: It's just me. I got deals to pay, you know what I mean. I got daughters.
Speaker 6: You know, I'm just keeping I'm just keeping it real with you. I look at it like as a bills every day. On the first So I picked myself up. I tell myself to do it. I encourage myself. You can't curry yourself. Nobody else can it courage for you. So it's not really a mental standpoint on how I can get myself ready. It's just that doll mentality, you know what I mean. You gotta you gotta run it yourself.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Well you built different, built.
Speaker 6: Now, Yeah, I mean it's not. It's not just me out here built different. You gotta trainl you know, to be like that cud. Yeah, when you out there chatting, you out there on that football field. Coach can tell you everything and teach everything, but when you are there, you gotta do it.
Speaker 5: It ain't no, it ain't no. It ain't no coach telling me in my ear that he making me do No, you gotta do that yourself, you know, I mean, I know how it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: When we break down the women four by four, Shamir Little, she's had an outstanding Olympics. She's running she's running nothing but forty nine in the mixed relays, and she shown she deserved to have a leg in the finals of the four by four she passed it to see it, and I think the strategy was they know said when she normally runs, she normally the splits in the.
Speaker 3: High forty seven, so she they're looking for her to blow it open.
Speaker 1: And so it's not gonna be a race because they can't nobody else can try it out.
Speaker 3: What we can try out.
Speaker 1: They put Gabby who's a low forty nine. She can run mid forty six, so that means it gonna translate. She's gonna be low forty nine, maybe even high forty eight. And the split alexis home, Alexa home, she got what filter six and they open she split forty eight.
Speaker 3: So now there's like I was thinking, man puts see it on anchor.
Speaker 1: But as they have it lining up, I can see they're looking for her to blow this thing open, because once she blows it open, it's over.
Speaker 6: So I seen why they did that because last year, if you've seen, we had some exchange ons issues in Budapest, and I think we ran out there exchange on them and got disqualified. So making sure we had a relay meeting earlier this week where we wanted every relay we want to put the next runner, why so we could just run free you know what I mean? If we run freely, we don't have to bring about shange over. We don't have to wear time drops, we don't have to worry about nothing. Closed line finishes. So now we said that, we said that. I feel like our coaches set it up everything right for us. Just run freely, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Just be us.
Speaker 6: Everybody run fast and run freely. And I think both of them got Olympic records. I know the man's did for sure. I think the women's got Olympic record or it was close to Americana.
Speaker 1: No, no, they got the American record, the Olympic record, remember, and sold the Soviet they beat the Americans and sold when they when those are They had two four hundred meter finals and the uh that the gold medalist that ran on the relay slip for the Soviets and the four hundred meter winner winner that ran on there, and they they ran three fifteen I think three fifteen, like fourteen or three fifteen fifteen, something like that.
Speaker 3: But they were close. Yeah. If Sid had Sid had someone to push her, she split from forty eight. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I beat she was booked. But I feel like I.
Speaker 5: Feel like you put her on anchored.
Speaker 6: You know, the other girls would have opened it up even more because you can't really match our dipping the four hundred. You know, we got quarterbacks, man, everybody in our relay. So yeah, I don't think he's really basch in the US say it as as a whole.
Speaker 1: We were we were talking about Let me let me ask you what your because I talked to Michael about this, and uh who I talked to something. I talked to Gabby Thomas. But I've talked to a lot of people, And tell me what you think about this. I think Bobby is gonna take, gonna take see it, and she's gonna run the world. That's gonna be in Tokyo in twenty five. And then I think she's gonna be done with that, and she's gonna transition to the Open four. And I think and either she's gonna do a double double with the four four, the hurdles and the open, or she's just gonna run the open four and try to go try to go dip on the try to win a gold medal and dip up on the forty eight seconds.
Speaker 3: What you think, man?
Speaker 5: I mean, the thing about it is that's gonna be tough to do, but I think she could do it.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: One thing about Sydney is IVE seen her this week last week and I'm like, like, do you ever have fun? Do you smile or anything? I love this? Will she can call me in this?
Speaker 6: I said, do you ef? She's told me when I step on this track, it's all business like. I think I'm more business, but she told me I'm all business like. I have fun, but it's not around here. So I mean, like, I feel like she got the mentality track is normally seventy five percent mental, you know what I mean. So if you got yourself mentally right and then physically, you know, physically, a coach is gonna hate you there.
Speaker 5: So I think she can do it.
Speaker 6: Man, It's gonna be tough, you know what I mean. It's how much she can relax doing the rounds before she got to actually have to compete in the finals. So I feel like she can do it. I mean, if they coach has something to do it, it's gonna be It's gonna be one hell of a training session, you know, one of the hell of hell of the fall.
Speaker 5: But I think she can do it. If anybody can do it's gonna be sitting.
Speaker 1: Cause splitting. Forty eight seventy five. I mean she's running forty eight seventy five. She's run twenty two oh seven, which is like the eighth or ninth fastest time run by female at two hundred meters, and she's got like the fourth or filth fastest time in.
Speaker 3: The open fourth this year. And she's a hurdler. I ain't no question in my mind.
Speaker 1: I think with Bobby Kursey as her coach and her training, I think she'll be the only person that I think and I thought you saw Paulino she ran forty eight seventeen, which the Olympic record broke the record by Marie Jose Perrek of France of forty eight twenty five.
Speaker 3: I think sid can do it.
Speaker 6: C that's the that's the event that's gonna be the toughest. Herds is not gonna be bad for her because she see she's dominating her.
Speaker 5: She's a core for her.
Speaker 6: But I feel like that for her is gonna get to her because when you get to that phone, there ain't no chilling. You got Paulina, and you got a girl solid NASA, and you got the girl from Jamaica. She didn't show up well this time, but girl from Jamaica. She can run forty eight, forty seven love forty eight low.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yah, yeah yeah Price.
Speaker 1: But yeah, he had a long season, remember she ran, She had a long scene in college, so she ain't have no zapp that the lady, the lady from Poland she went for, I mean Lebronz Melics went forty eight ninety eight. Yeah, that would have won every Olympics for the women. Yeah, with the exception of the one that uh correct one everything.
Speaker 6: But if the skinner, it's a schedule set up like this, right when she has a foreigner the first one, she has to put on her all in first and then she can relax to quarter hurdles.
Speaker 5: That would be her best bet.
Speaker 6: But if fifth k, fifth K doesn't run the realms of the foreigner hurdles, mean the four four fim k might be a little fresh on and you know what I mean. So I really can't call it, but I feel like, like I said, if anybody can be fifth, it's gonna be it's gonna be a Sydney. But the four hundred gonna be there for him, gonna be a challenge and then bounce backround.
Speaker 8: Go ahead, on't Joe listen I'm ready for race. Come on, I'm ready. I'm just I'm just, I'm being honest. I'm ready for race.
Speaker 5: Man, you don't mean you gonna mean about ten months to train.
Speaker 4: Hold on, hold on, listen. You inspired me so much right after you ran. Right after you inspired me so much after you ran, I wanted that. I want to see why I'm at. When we went at it on Twitter, you know, we went back and forth, squad whatever. I went out there the next day and I ran.
Speaker 8: Boom.
Speaker 4: I was in some Levi as I was in some Levi because that's all I had at the time, and I had my daughter Timy, so boom. I did the four hundred, you know, off of whim no training right now, you know, and I ran. I ran a low, a low forty five.
Speaker 6: Like, okay, bring us up to your daughter, your daughter, what hell is the athlete? I got my money on your daughter before I got my money on you. I got my money on your daughter before I got my money.
Speaker 8: Do you think my You think my daughter could beat me.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna bet on it, but I think your daughter beat you.
Speaker 8: Noah, Come on, man, come on man, come on.
Speaker 5: Man, you got years old, man, listen.
Speaker 8: You know you said you a dog. I'm a dog too. I've been a dog.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 5: You're a dog. But you gotta you know you.
Speaker 8: Got I didn't. I didn't did all that. Q.
Speaker 3: I just I ran.
Speaker 8: I ran a forty two in the foe in high school.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, dag, Why were you at the Olympics man this year? You would have got gold matter?
Speaker 4: Oh no, come my grand My grandma made me play football. My grandma gotta think. Remember I think I was in high school. I was in high school in eighty six, so I really want no money on that.
Speaker 5: So points I got the national world record high school.
Speaker 4: Oh, because I got thrown out of I had got expelled, right, So I expelled. You know, all my records, all my records and everything went out the window.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but is that there is that that listed thirty meters?
Speaker 8: No, no, don't cheat me. I don't need no thirty meters, man, No.
Speaker 6: Cheat, It ain't no cheat. But listen, I ain't cocted. But you gotta talking to a little che So I'm.
Speaker 8: Gonna get right. You got you got you gotta. I'm gonna give you thirty meters right.
Speaker 5: And I'm gonna give you a hit. So I go off you.
Speaker 6: Whenever you take off, I take off right behind. And when I rubbed that, when I rubbed that bowling ball, when I past you right, All I want to hear is that you know what I mean?
Speaker 8: So you really think it'll be me though, Like honestly, I.
Speaker 5: Don't think I know this my job. That's like that's like, that's like me saying I can cover you in your crum. I can't come.
Speaker 8: I'm still in my prime. That's why I'm trying to understand.
Speaker 5: Right, beat me. You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: You're right, this is what I do.
Speaker 5: This is what I do.
Speaker 3: I just lined up.
Speaker 5: I'll run you into two hundred because you can't run that.
Speaker 8: No, you don't want to do that. You don't want to two hundred.
Speaker 6: Listen, I'll ring you the two hundred and then we're gonna do this. We're gonna do three rounds. I cover you three times.
Speaker 8: Okay, So if I.
Speaker 5: Beat you in the race, I'm gonna get a chance to with your money back.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 6: If I beat you, we gotta doublopm. If I beat you, then if you beat me, there no money. But you're not gonna beat me the two hundreds.
Speaker 3: Okay, back, so you ain't got to worry about that Q because his hamstrings gonna.
Speaker 8: Pop with.
Speaker 4: You know what, I'm here, like where I'm from, when somebody challenge you like you just lined up, I'm ready.
Speaker 8: I bought my spikes for me to Vegas.
Speaker 3: You got to.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So I'm saying, I'm saying, I feel like you're just talking.
Speaker 8: I don't but you know about me.
Speaker 3: Man, when I talk, I won't.
Speaker 8: Man, when I mean, I hope.
Speaker 5: You do what I'm just saying. This won't gonna be a loan walk. That's it's gonna be a long walk.
Speaker 8: All.
Speaker 4: Like I said, just line it up, landed up, and that's what and that's what. All due respect to an Olympic champion, I.
Speaker 5: Don't even talk. I'm gonna tell you that I got I got three check meets.
Speaker 6: I probably at the end of like probably September, any September, I come out there to you.
Speaker 5: You ain't got to do nothing that I come out there to you.
Speaker 8: On my own dollar, right right right right right there.
Speaker 5: We're gonna put the two hundred together. We're gonna put the three routes. You get three year ounds.
Speaker 4: Let's see okay, make sure you had the cameras. Can we feel it? Because I don't want no excuses when I beat you in the two.
Speaker 5: If if if okay, So look, if I beat you, gotta put some Adidas.
Speaker 3: Girl, Adiitas.
Speaker 8: You see it all right back if you if I.
Speaker 6: Meet you, you gotta put some Adidas girl, and we're gonna we're gonna come up with a dollar amount.
Speaker 8: Me thinking, come twenty five grand, twenty five game. We can do it. Yeah, because you're not.
Speaker 4: You're not gonna beat me in the two hundred. Man, it's too much horsepower under this hood.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 6: So then so if I'm not gonna beat you two hundred, I mean I gotta work on the beach in the rep that is. I guess that mean I'm gonna come out of fifty. But I'm gonna tell you what I'm gonna doing that two hundred. I'm gonna rub that bowling ball when I passed you.
Speaker 8: Not how you gonna ask you. Listen, you're not gonna be my show. You're not gonna be in arms reached.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 7: This is what I do, man, that's what you know what I ran? You know what I ran in the two hundred man in high school. Let me get seventeen seventeen, let me start, let me start playing. Hey, but man, you you wrong, you wrong?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 8: I like this, you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: I like that. Q.
Speaker 1: You finally got the man at the back, at the top of the podium. If you go back, I mean, we had won the four hundred in every Olympics we do in eighty four with Neighbors, eighty eight with Steve Lewis, Quincy, in ninety two, obviously Michael, in ninety six and two thousand you had Warner, you had Lesehan Merrick, and so it's been sixteen years since we stood on top of the podium in the fop and four hundred. We've dominated that race. You go back and look through history, we've that's our race. We owned that race.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're back. You brought us back. You brought us back to our glory. What is it like? Did you did?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: Damn, man, we had we we got the best for him to be the runners as a whole in the world. And we hadn't been at the top. We hadn't been the top dog. Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Now, like I said, the last couple of years, you got Wade South Africa. You got Stevie from Bahamas, so I mean in Karate from Brenda. It's been hard for us to win when we got to depth, but.
Speaker 5: Just having that top dog. We hadn't had that top dog in a minute.
Speaker 6: And I really, I really have it like certain time to like look at like stats and stuff like that, because when I'm not in church, I'm out fishing, I'm not riding my horses. I'm out chilling me. So I don't really watch Check. I love Check because I've been running on five.
Speaker 5: I love Church. I don't really watch it.
Speaker 6: But just seeing like when I got done and knowing the statitions behind everything and everything, it just you know, I mean, I've been running our five so everything really been put together in There's been a lot of hard work. But nah, I'm proud of you know where I've been and bringing back all home in the USA.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean.
Speaker 8: That's flying.
Speaker 1: When I we were talking about this earlier. Here are the fastest splits ever run. Michael Johnson forty two ninety one in Stutgart that World Championship.
Speaker 3: You had.
Speaker 1: Jeremy Warner in Osaka the World Championship, he ran forty two ninety three, Quincy Watson, the Olympic team that world record team forty three ten. Rod Benjamin ran forty three one to three in Paris and Jeremy Warner ran forty three eighteen in Beijing. The women missed the world record. Side mcloughton tied the second fastest split ever run by a woman, h crashing over and ran four seven sixty. Sydney ran forty seven seventy modern of Coke ran forty seven seventy and crashing over again in eighty three ran forty seven seventy five. Now those two women crashing Over and Coke are the only two that's ever been below forty eight seconds. There's only forty eight, forty seven, ninety nine and forty seven sixty. Yeah, se had just put her name, just put her name into that conversation.
Speaker 6: Yeah sheez Like I said, I can't I can't express how much she had, dog man. She she go out there, there's people smile, and you seen her before she ran the foreigner hurdles.
Speaker 3: She looked mad.
Speaker 5: She got a she just looks mad.
Speaker 1: She ain't joking around, she got a blank looking you. I mean, I was surprised that she wapped up Gabby Thomas. Did you see a dap up Gabby Thomas? And she's like, I'm ready you read Okay, let's go, man, listen.
Speaker 6: S Like I said, I I could tell she got a kind heart, she a good person, but I feel like not even when she step over the tracks soon she need the hell. She's just on bold, ready to go. Like I said, like, I think I'm a dog, a little bigger dog. I take my hat off her.
Speaker 5: Man. She she she, she she's the one man.
Speaker 3: But you know what, Q.
Speaker 1: We talked to Michael, and Michael said and he was talking about it. He says, he thinks the race is gonna come down between you and Hudson Smith. He says, the reason why I'm kind of like Q. I like you so much, say cue that dog.
Speaker 3: He said.
Speaker 1: Q is a dog. He said, when you hit them young boys about oh he a dog, he's Q is a dog. He said, QUE is a god give He said, if that race is closing, it's a rap gonna come out.
Speaker 4: Remember remember what I told you on Q got something that you can't coach. You born with that for sure, you can't that that's already and you you you're born with that. Listen, you came up that curve and I'm looking. I say, okay, you know where you throw that head back?
Speaker 3: The head back. I thought you were in trouble, had the strength, you.
Speaker 8: Still had a strength. I say, oh boy, look man, look at my throat.
Speaker 3: Let's go. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Man, A lot of a lot of people probably counted me out then. But if you look at all my past races and like all my other races, when I come off that curve, I'm in the back. You know what I mean, I'm not.
Speaker 5: I've never been really be able to work on my foot speed because I have I'm frag.
Speaker 6: I got like a lot of hair string issues. But when it comes to like me coming off the curve, yours try them in the back. Last year, I'm in the back. I'm just fifth place. But nah, I mean, as long as I on quick, man, I'm never out the race.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean?
Speaker 6: As long as we I'm never out. So if you if you count me out, you better. You better against me, man, I'm aboud to put you on.
Speaker 3: Check this out. The USP women team. They won by four seconds.
Speaker 1: They were in three fifteen, twenty seventh, eight consecutive gold medal Kendall Ellis was the last second swap on the four by four, and she tweeted, imagine being told this morning you were running in the finals of the four by four, just to be told four minutes before call time that you're not out.
Speaker 3: What's what's what's your take on this? Look? I don't know how well you know Kimda Lellis and you look.
Speaker 1: I just I think the coaches like, we want to we want to win this, we want to win the gold medal, and we want to put our best four runners out there.
Speaker 3: So what's your take on this? Cue?
Speaker 5: Okay? So Kendall Kendall she she's a sweet girl. She doesn't mean no harm to nobody.
Speaker 6: But I feel like I see why it hurts her because she has Olympic gold medal from I think the twenty twenty one Tokyo Games. But yeah, when it comes to USA four or fours, you don't know, like we have no control US athletes, having no control on who's gonna be out there to be able to run, or no control on you know when you got you have no say. So, so I feel like coach Michelle she she she she put a relay together where she feels like she she will be best, you know what I mean? So we I feel for her at the end of the day. Like, yo, you know, I was told I'll be running, but I'm not, like I said, you're you're gonna be bound the metal when you run for the USA for a football four.
Speaker 1: But it's hard to argue hard, it's hard to argue and yeah seven, ye.
Speaker 8: That's messed up. You would you would know better than me, is there is there a reason why they chose someone.
Speaker 5: Else in our meetings?
Speaker 6: They said based off based off performance's off for practices. They're gonna watch this in practice and he's gonna base us off of, you know, basically our attitudes. How we if you look nervous and you know, scared and all the other they go, right, They're gonna going to play on who they picked for the REDA. So I mean, I guess they feel like they probably feel like Kim didn't have like the best week and somebody say, did have a good, decent league, but she went to the pre limits, she went to the recharge, she made have the recharge made to Seemi. So I really don't have no say so on that, but I feel like I said if they would have picked Hindo out there, you've seen it, gap, they still would have one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, dang, let me ask you that.
Speaker 1: Yesterday Christian Coleman ran the fastest lead off leg ever. He ran nine six and nine eighty six in the curve, which is the fastest first legs ever recorded in the history of athletics. You saint both when you had that world record, he ran nine nine two. What keeps happening to the man in the park about one? Q? I can tell you.
Speaker 6: I can tell you that I genuinely don't know because I've never really been a part of a four about one. But looking back at the video, Kenny kind of left a little early. And Kenny is a cool dude. Look, look, he left a lot of early.
Speaker 8: Cool.
Speaker 6: I feel like, like I said, we don't really practice four about ones together now. The team that they had out there pretty much training together.
Speaker 5: But it was raining. I give him, I give him some slack man.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he left, he left a lot of and yes, and I know he's took bad for him because he cast us a medal, and I wanted to say it was just him, because it's he could blame us. You could blame because we're a team. When you're a team, you gotta blame everybody, you know what I mean, So everybody. We can't just put the fingers at Kenny. We got to put the finish from the coaches all the way down to the first day last league and all that. So Kenny left a lot of early and and he could have left a little little a little later.
Speaker 3: But let me ask you this.
Speaker 1: In the pre Lium, Fred Curry ran second leg. If Noah Allows is the only one that you're changing, why not just change his leg? Kristin Coleman in the World Championship, he handed the Fred Curry. In the pre lim he handed the Fred Curry. Why the hell would you move Fred Curley from the second leg all the way to the anchor when the only thing that you've changed.
Speaker 6: If I say this is what I say, I say they should have kept the relay to say as qualified, No no, no ran on the pre limbs No oh yeah, I would have kept third related same honestly because the time that they ran the qualified that you're in thirty seven four. If they ran thirty seven four, they would have won it. So I feel like I feel like they should have just kept the same relay. But again it's politics. You don't know how they you don't know how us A t if they worked their ways coaches, they worked their ways in their own situation. Like I'm pretty sure y'all had some coaches and you'd be like, why do you do this? You couldn't have the question because you ask me, you know.
Speaker 5: What I mean?
Speaker 6: So I feel like I feel like they did what they thought was best, and it's always a learning experience. But yeah, man, I feel like they should have kept it related the same from when they when they advanced from the first round, like the like the females did it, and then like before.
Speaker 5: By you know what I mean? Now I feel like this.
Speaker 3: I think the thing what happened was Noah is that if you look at the women, all the women.
Speaker 5: My name Quincy, and I know.
Speaker 3: He say, hey, he said he wanted that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we gonna line something, me and him and maybe maybe maybe somebody else. We're gonna lie something that we gonna run good.
Speaker 5: But keep over on.
Speaker 8: He really want to challenge you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean you gotta think Noa's a dog, bro, No ain't gonna back down. He think he do you think he took what I said. Likely he didn't.
Speaker 6: But I'm a respectful as well. I know you seen with Tobogo ran the Foe by Folk, right. Yes, I feel like Noah, a healthy Noah will run something forty four like he No's not Noa's not. No really, man, Listen, y'all people going off Noah's high school town forty seven or forty five. But this man was nineteen seconds for him to come through the first two hundred and twenty one flat. It's gonna be nothing to this man.
Speaker 8: Wow, bro, no, bro, listen.
Speaker 5: I know track, I know energy systems, I know the science behind this, I know everything. Wow, one thing I know. I take my hat off to anybody that I'm not. I'm not a hater or none.
Speaker 6: That Noah's gonna run a good open four hundred right now. He will be a lot of people that think that he's not. Nobody actually run the four hundred, bro, No, listen, you run nineteen forward, nineteen five whatever he run, and then twenty one would be nothing to him.
Speaker 3: It's a jog in the park.
Speaker 6: You gotta tell me you got a little two hundred meters and then the last hundred. You can't coach that that's just who you is.
Speaker 3: No, who's it going?
Speaker 5: But he's not.
Speaker 6: He's not in the conversation to being one of the fastest men in the world every the run for no reason.
Speaker 3: Can I ask you this, what's going on with Michael Norman? What's in his head?
Speaker 1: I mean, the guy's run for it. He's run forty three folks. You well, it just seemed like when he get on the big stages, it's just like, I don't know, maybe maybe the moment, maybe his anxious maybe his nerves, maybe he can't control of his emotions. But this guy, you look at him in college and you look at the times that like and I don't like to say meats aren't important because if you line up, it's an important meat because they're tracking it and you, you know, whatever the case may be.
Speaker 3: But this guy's run forty three four.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, I feel like No Normans he's a ticking time. But you can't the time you sleep on him is the time he shows up.
Speaker 5: I mean like, I feel like No.
Speaker 6: Norman has been having a lot of injury problems. I've been seeing him through the whole week. We getting like treatment stuff. So I don't think it's a facade of nothing. But I feel like Norman, he's been having a lot of treatment problems. He's been uh you know, he's probably been up and down in the sport from one hundred to four hundred. So he's probably finding his way back to the event. But one thing about Norman is with another couple of athletes when he does get it, when he does get back in his form and get back. But he's one of the scariest man, you know what I mean, twenty three four and being in college or forty three four or whatever, whenever time he read it or Normans, Normans a doll. It's just you don't know when he's going.
Speaker 5: To run it. You don't know how he's going to run. But Norman Norman. Yeah, I keep sleeping on Norman.
Speaker 8: Show.
Speaker 5: But like people talk about the last couple of years how he wasn't being up before him.
Speaker 6: But I wouldn't bet against him, you know what I mean, I wouldn't keep I wouldn't keep down playing them who he is because he's not.
Speaker 5: He's not Micharo Norman for a reason.
Speaker 8: Hey, what's what's next? What's next for you? You know, obviously you know Olympics is over, you get to chill now, family time.
Speaker 3: What do you like.
Speaker 6: I'm going tomorrow, well, Monday, I had to fund it, and I go to I'm getting ready for these Doamin League meats because I don't want to keep flying back home and stuff.
Speaker 5: So I'm getting ready.
Speaker 6: For the Domin League meats and I'm probably running three Domin League meats and hopefully trying to bring back the Dominicue final.
Speaker 5: They got it like a diamond. Yeah, so I want to bring that back if I can. You know what I mean. I'm not.
Speaker 3: Trying to run it.
Speaker 5: I'm a humble so I don't like to talk about what I'm going to.
Speaker 6: I'd just rather do it. But now I want to bring it back, bring back the diamond back home before I come home. And then after that, I'm just chilling.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 6: I'm trying to see my daughters. I'm trying to go fishing, you know what I mean, trying to go get back in the woods, get the country.
Speaker 5: Yeah, stop about you and go ahead. You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Listen, hold hold on, listen. I was finna let you slide, but now you poking the bell. Now, now you're poking the bell.
Speaker 5: I mean, I got a party back because you came to me social media. You have seen that they call y man finish righting man. I already lower the meetings for you. So we're gonna go to not.
Speaker 8: Gonna go for I wouldn't mean listen, make it light on yourself.
Speaker 3: We could do the hunted. We can do the honey dog.
Speaker 8: My foot speed like that. Man, you know what, you understand this, but you know what I ran in the hunted in the high school.
Speaker 5: You know what this man feels. This man fear God.
Speaker 4: I don't think you go listen, I feel too. God wouldn't race me though. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm like that.
Speaker 3: That's my dog.
Speaker 8: I talk to him all the time.
Speaker 5: So look whenever, whenever you're ready, you can do a hundred. We can do whatever you're ready. But before I do my fishing and go see anybody.
Speaker 4: And I'm being back yard many matter of fact, we ain't running on track.
Speaker 8: We run a light pole, the light pole like we do out in the city. Light pole like.
Speaker 4: Hold on, hold on, no shoes now, yeah okay you yeah, hey, you about you about your business?
Speaker 5: You about to I like that, I'm gonna be yond and I'm ready to go get money.
Speaker 8: Oh I don't even I don't even scratch. You ain't saying I just told you what.
Speaker 5: I ain't say nothing about stretching. I said, I'm.
Speaker 1: You know what, how about this you after you an oat your race, you and I can we can go fishing because I like to fish.
Speaker 3: I grew up in the country, so and you from Missouri. It looks like you like the fish. You got dogs.
Speaker 1: I love dogs, You love dog You like the fish. So after you, oh your y'all have y'all face, let's go catch the man fish all go fishing. I really like what kind of on fish. I don't fish that ship born boy. I can't sit that you probably you probably.
Speaker 6: Can't fishing and crappy fishing and briadfish. You know we can't fish mean we bad fish for you? You acting fishing the whole time you you willing know you're bringing in you will enough bringing in you catching fishing.
Speaker 3: Nothing fish with what's biting?
Speaker 5: You know fishing for about you said you're gonna get the bike.
Speaker 8: It take it takes too long.
Speaker 5: You know what.
Speaker 6: You gotta know what you're doing. You gotta know the white tip, but you gotta know what you throw. You gotta know wining, throwing is it's just a lot to come with it. Bro, you're like fishing.
Speaker 4: If you know how to fish, we could do we can I say, we could do a crank smoke all right for a few hours the fish. Okay, we can use the jail and we can use the crank. We could use a jig, we can use that, we the rep. We can do whatever you want to do. I just said, quinsy, I got real confidence in me. Now see when you start talking about that running, I can't run with you. But when it comes to that fishing, don't play quincy.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: I mean y'all coming at me like you're.
Speaker 1: Talking about you want a bad fishing, talking about we don't do no cat fishing, cred.
Speaker 5: Fishing, that we're doing the fish front. But if we're going out we we we we were bass fishing. I mean, I feel like you're coming back down. So I gotta I gotta push.
Speaker 1: I said we were going fishing. All I said, we were going. You're gonna have just left it at there.
Speaker 5: We can go fishing. I'm just a petty man fish.
Speaker 1: We fish.
Speaker 6: I mean, I'm in South Carolina, you know what I mean. So you gotta let me know where y'all where y'all gonna pull up out here.
Speaker 3: Lowing you in. My brother lived in Columbia.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm mean.
Speaker 3: He went to you.
Speaker 1: He went to you, he went I see you transferred from a juco and went to the university. He went to the game talk's officer.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm man. I got a little john boat out there too.
Speaker 3: Okay, what's we can do?
Speaker 5: Whatever we can do, whatever y'all want to do. We can fish. Look what you fishing with an open face of a baked cast.
Speaker 3: Look here, man, nothing I don't need that fancy take. So you want that, give me that. I take that zip car thirty three.
Speaker 8: You gotta look.
Speaker 3: I take a case, I take a cane pole. It don't make no difference to me. I take a pole. We can show a fish. We can getting the boat and go out. It don't make no difference.
Speaker 5: I mean how you're looking over your shoulder. How you doing that?
Speaker 1: Man, don't worry about all that. Don't worry about that. I tell you what I bet I come back with a nice mess of fish.
Speaker 8: You might, you might, It depend on what you got on the end of that.
Speaker 3: Depending what you fish, you don't worry about what I'm fishing with. You're worried about what's on the end of yo.
Speaker 5: I whoa, I won't.
Speaker 3: Y'all shot out. Thank you man, I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Man. Congratulations on your gold medal winning performance. Best of luck the rest of the season and the Diamond Leagues meet. Look forward to talking to your gain fo bro.
Speaker 3: Thank you boy.
Speaker 8: I don't have no hat, so I'm taking my glasses off.
Speaker 3: Boy. I salute you.
Speaker 8: Boy.
Speaker 3: You want, like seriously.
Speaker 6: Said, any time I step on that line, y'all gonna see the same type of performance. Man, I'm gonna give it up my oh. You know what I mean for my fans, my family, my daughters, to my to my animals. Anything I got, I'm gonna go out there and put it on my Oh, you know what I mean for my bread this man.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, I know your family. I know everybody in your hometown's proud. All of America's proud, especially those that watch and listen to Nightcap Quincy. Sincerely, from the bottom of our hearts, congratulated on what you ever accomplished. Tell your family we said hello and best and love the rest of the season.
Speaker 5: I appreciate you shot at nightcap man, I appreciate you'll have me tonight.
Speaker 3: That's all love.
Speaker 1: But we got we got, we got that cop we got that package coming. All all right, look, we got a package coming, don't you.
Speaker 3: Hey, uh uh uh.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get in touch with your representative. Yeah, we got something coming for you.
Speaker 5: I appreciate that. Like I said, you know what I mean waiting, You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: You good? Oh, he'll be there, I.
Speaker 5: Said, But first we gotta work on this LAS and I gotta go ahead out fishing.
Speaker 8: Man, he's still calling me out.
Speaker 5: Get off the line, man, Have good with.
Speaker 9: That?
Speaker 5: Was that?
Speaker 8: Was it good?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, y'all all right, I appreciate it bad Quim, Not that.
Speaker 8: I like you, Bry.
Speaker 4: I like that, great dude, Man, it ain't too many before you go, It ain't too many like that in track by Hey, remember we talked about about having that it's factor and having that and that that that what people just gravitate to you.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: He got, he got, he got, he got all the bells in the whistles. Boy, he's the real deal. Yeah, Hey, what's this, y'all? Go follow Quincy. Let's get his let's get his I g in his Twitter follows up, what's this?
Speaker 8: I just I just tweeted him too before before we started the show.
Speaker 1: Dog with two gs, ad dog with two g's a eight BG. So y'all make sure you'll go follow me's man. He's a great dude. Oh, let's get you to this basketball. The Americans beat the French on their home court, fifth consecutive gold medal in a rematch of the Tokyo Olympic finals from three years ago. Steph Curry led the US with twenty four points. He drained four crucial three points three minutes ago, including the game clincher with thirty three seconds left for a nine point advantage. Foeba named Lebron as the MVP of the twenty twenty four Olympics, along with the all star lineup Dennis Shrewder from Germany, Steph Curry, Victor women Yama, and Nikola Jokic of Serbia. Lebron James was the MVP.
Speaker 4: I mean, did question chat just for y'all as well? Deserving of the MVP? Or would you put it? Would you give it to somebody else?
Speaker 3: What do you think? I think?
Speaker 1: Lebron from start defending played best, the most consistent. I think that if you look at step, if you look at game, he was good. But if you look at from start to finish, I think Lebron deserves you. Okay, yeah, uh, Dinnis Shrewder says euro basketball is the perfect advantage to Team USA. Let's take a listen to what Shrewd had to say. So, we're sorry for the technical difficulties that was not on our end. That was and I guess that was kind of like what was disseminated throughout so. But basically what he's saying is that it's a very different brand of basketball in the NBA. It's not about entertainment. It's about smart basketball players knowing to make the right play, when to make the right play, being unselfish and uh. And he basically said, the Europeans are coming and they are the best basketball players playing in the NBA. The best the best football players play well in the NFL, so the best basketball players. But when they go back to their to their countries. Uh, most of these guys have been playing together, they played the euro style. They've been playing together. They've been playing this style of basketball for the longest time. And that's why for the most part, O Joe. When you look at Europeans, nobody saying, oh they're entertaining. Ain't nobody dunking and doing our anything fantasy if basically just Luca, uh, he's.
Speaker 3: Not dunking the ball.
Speaker 1: Yr Kitchen not dunking the ball y honest is like to step it's not no smooth fade away like we see like we see Katie, like we see Lebron, like we see Steph Curry. The American is like, it's like busted. Americans like more entertainment. They're playing fundamentally sound basketball. Everybody like dun yep, yep, yep. And so maybe the NBA need to adopt some of those rules. So all of a sudden, now you don't have the big change from NBA rules to feb because it's a big it's a big. I mean, the line is closer than feb No three ceonds, you can go ten. You know, there is a lot and they let you play a lot more physically in feeble than they do in the NBA.
Speaker 4: You think that would be those rule changes that they have in feeble, You think those would translate well to the NBA, especially in today's game. The guys will just the guys will adjust. You couldn't imagine no three seconds? Could you imagine no goaltending? Listen if they go back to playing physical as opposed to you know, we always make fun of make fun of their NBA team today, saying that today's game is not they don't they don't play defense. You know, any given night, a team to score one to twenty can score one thirty. Yeah, I don't, I don't, I don't. I'm not sure mister Silver would be in favor of no.
Speaker 10: But it's kind of like it's kind of like eighties, not eighties, late eighties, early nineties, nineties basketball, Oh Joe, not that physical, okay, but it's kind of like that where they let you play a little bit more lean.
Speaker 3: All that flopping they call it all that flop right right right right.
Speaker 1: No, you earn your face. You earned your thousand feever these you u you earned your thivesd feb. But congratulations to the men. We're standing on top of the podium again. Uh are we tied or we still won behind China for gold medals? We won the total, but we were I think we were one behind China. I think we had thirty eight. They had thirty nine with the women left oh Okay, Okay. As far as gold medals first and gold medals, we got the most. We're like thirty ahead of them. We're thirty ahead of China for total medals, but they're one of they want ahead of us. Okay women, we got the women tomorrow they played for they played the French team also.
Speaker 3: That was tied.
Speaker 8: We were tied for goals against China.
Speaker 3: Thirty nine thirty nine. Yep uh.
Speaker 1: Massi Russell wins games and the women's one hundred and one hundred meter hurdles with a time of twelve point three to three. If I'm not mistaken, she's the first since Breonna McNeil won in Rio in twenty sixteen, right, I think that's when.
Speaker 3: She got married.
Speaker 1: I don't know if McNeill's still her last name, Ojo University of Clemson grad, but I think she's the last American to stand atop the podium and the hurdles for the women. Congratulate the last of Macho Quinn, com Ocho Quinn from Puerto Rico.
Speaker 3: She's still the top of the podium. She got the bronze this time.
Speaker 4: Congratulation Massi salute where they'd be moving over them her they did. It was close too. That was that was a photo Oh yeah, it was a photo finish, Damnar, like the hundred was for the men.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean there's a lot of I mean you go back and look at the men's eight hundred meters. It was a photo finish. There are a lot there are I mean, think about it. Oh Joe, you run two laughs and it come down to a photo finish. We don't normally see a whole lot of photo especially in the distance races. Uh.
Speaker 3: But I mean, and I think you had four men that ran sub I think that was the.
Speaker 1: Breonna Rollins mcneila's her name, now, okay, Brianna Rollins Uh she wants She was the last to stand in the top pop top the podium. So congratulations to Marside Russell gold medal winning performance in the.
Speaker 3: Hunter of Meat on hers. What else we got, O Joe, we got shrewder, we got that? Yeah? Oh wait.
Speaker 8: Us US women's national team won't goal. They beat Brazil one.
Speaker 1: Zero, Swanston and gold in the fifty seventh and it seems and it seems like we're kind of back because we had over the last couple of years, though, Joe, we hadn't been what the American women are normally thought to be.
Speaker 4: And we also we also went young. Yeah, we also went young. So that Big three what what's I forgot? What the name is they want to call themselves?
Speaker 8: What is it?
Speaker 4: Three three Espresso something like that? Yeah, I like Trinity, Trinity, Expresso, Trinity something. Yeah, I like Trinity. Rodman is one of them. What what did they call themselves?
Speaker 3: Chat? I saw I read.
Speaker 1: I was reading about what they wanted to call themselves something Expresso, Trinity Express. So that's what it is, Express, Triple triple, triple Express's Expresso.
Speaker 8: That's a good one.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 6: I like that.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 1: We had an earlier conversation we've taped with Naja Houston, and here's the.
Speaker 3: Like this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, right now, guys, we have some difficulties. We were gonna play that interview for you. Once we get that worked out. Uh, we hopefully we can bring you that interview in its entirety. Uh oh, Joe, have you seen the video? It's gone viral?
Speaker 3: Dion or we can't we can't play the video. But Dion had some choice.
Speaker 4: I think they said it's a report that always he always attacks Dion, He always attacked the team, He always attacts everything that they do do.
Speaker 3: So I understood.
Speaker 8: I think you have two.
Speaker 4: Different sides here, right, As a reporter, you have a job to do correct and when the job is not being done as seen from the lens of the person doing the reporting, then it's normally seen as as an attack.
Speaker 8: It's a new season.
Speaker 4: And still this specific reporter continuously continuously writes bad things about Prime and continuously writes bad things about the program, and I think Prime is fed up with it, you know, with this certain individual, this certain individual who continuously does nothing positive.
Speaker 8: It's always in the negative light, and I think he's just fed up with it.
Speaker 4: I think some people wouldn't be on Prime side as far as handling the situation this way and just not answering the guy's questions at all when Prime was trying to ask him, why do you continuously do this?
Speaker 8: Like what is wrong with you? Like what's going on? Where can I help you in life?
Speaker 4: Where you continuously barade our program as a reporter for us, And it's just I kind of understand what.
Speaker 3: From or he's just or he just covered? Is that that beat reporter.
Speaker 1: Ash is the guy that covers from I think he's just a national reporter just happen to cover his college football.
Speaker 3: Or is he the Buffalo's beat reporter? Right?
Speaker 1: Okay, Oh, the guy that wrote the article is not that. It's not the so so who is the guy asking? What is the guy that's asking?
Speaker 3: Oh, he's the.
Speaker 1: Local CBS Okay, he's the local CBS affiliate reporter. And I think what he uh he wrote that uh uh Time was the second worst coach in the Big twelve.
Speaker 3: I think I think that was one of the things. Right, Yeah, I think the thing is, look, Joe, I get it.
Speaker 1: And sometimes like it's like like if somebody, let's just say, from some network, yes, sir says something negative about you, and then like, well, I ain't doing no interviews with said network when it was just one person. And so I think that's what time Time is looking at, Like I'm done with CBS. Anybody from CBS is like he kind.
Speaker 4: Of like, do you think it's CBS or maybe I think if it was, if I think it's that specific individual. I think that specific individual represents CBS, and Prime is sick of the attacks from him specifically, Now, I think if if CBS sent another affiliate or another field reporter, he probably talked to them and it wouldn't be a problem. But he's just sick of that individual and everything being goddamn negative.
Speaker 8: Everything.
Speaker 3: Well, well, I think the thing is, well, we'll find out.
Speaker 1: We'll find out if it's that, because I'm sure if that's the case, they have another guy that's from CBS, or a young or a woman reporter from CBS, and they'll go try to ask questions too, and we'll see if it's an isolated incident involving that particular reporter or it's a broader issue at hand here.
Speaker 3: So it's tough.
Speaker 1: It's a tough situation because you're a coach and we don't you don't get to do things like say, like a normal player, because you're the you know, you're the CEO, you're the reflection that you're the embodiment of the institution, and you know, you try to say and you know, sometimes it gets hard.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to tell anybody that it doesn't.
Speaker 1: It gets hard sometimes turning the other cheek when people constantly attack you and everybody says, oh, just it's easy for you to say because you're not.
Speaker 3: The one that's getting that position.
Speaker 1: So it's easy for you to say, well, this is what I would do when you've never been in that situation to know what you would or wouldn't do. So, you know, I see both sides of it having been in this. You know, when you when you become a professional athlete, or you become a celebrity or an actor, entertainer of music, whatever the case may be. Spotlight, I mean fame and fortune for me, I take the forture. Y'all keep the fame. But it is you know, you know, and you know people say, well that's what you signed up for.
Speaker 3: Nah, No, I didn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't know people were gonna just say just just outright lie and just say whatever they wanted to say. I know, I didn't because it used to be. It used to be a situation, don't Joe. The media reporter, they looked out for the players. Oh yeah, they saw they they might saw a player doing something, never.
Speaker 3: Knew about it. Let a report, Let a reporter see somebody do something.
Speaker 4: Now, well it's different now because you have to understand. Now the media has to catch up to us, because this is what social media has done social media has eliminated the middleman.
Speaker 8: So the media ain't even need it.
Speaker 4: Now because we can say what we want to say and we have our own voice in our own outlet. So however, think about it during your day and during my day. Well, I caught social media. I caught it on the tail end of my career. But however we were to be perceived and represented the media handled that the media was controlled or how we're viewed by the public.
Speaker 8: Now, once social media comes.
Speaker 4: Along, oh, the middleman isn't needed anymore because anything players need to say, they can press, they can hit the sind button. Now you have to be careful on what you say when you want to get you across. But now, listen, social media has been big. It's been really good, good and bad. There's has this pros and this cons depending on who the person is exactly right. Some people know how to carry themselves, some people don't. You have to know what lines across. Some people do, some people don't. And listen, it's been a great tool for athletes. It's been a great too for athletes, allowing them to engage with fans, allowing fans inside their world. I think social media has been a right thing for them. A lot of a lot of athletes, listen. I like the stuff that Katie does. I like kat being a super duperstar and actually taking the time, whether it's positive or negative, going back, going back with folks, going back, and folks, it's cool.
Speaker 8: It's cool.
Speaker 4: It's just the thought of having access to someone that you watch on TV. That's like the coolest thing in the world.
Speaker 5: To me.
Speaker 8: It's like the coolest bro.
Speaker 1: If I'm not mistaken, CBS posted the story, but I think the guy worked for the local, the local paper, the local paper in Colorado, So I think that's the issue. He's local. CBS just posted the story. He doesn't have any it. I don't think he has an issue with CBS. He has an issue guy, And I'm not so sure yet. I don't see he I'm not so sure he has an issue with the paper. He has an issue with it, said individual because he's the one that's constantly trying to get up under seams, like seemingly like he's trying to get a fund of times.
Speaker 4: Yeah, time ain't gonna break though, he ain't gonna break. Not that, not that, not in that atmosphere, not in that environment.
Speaker 8: But what he will do. He shuts you out, He shut you out, he won't talk.
Speaker 3: To you, right, and that that seems to what happened.
Speaker 1: Oh, Joseph, we forgot Shelby McEwen loses his high jump on the time breaker. The two men had eleven straight misses the bar with Lord doing a jump off, and Kurr finally broke the street failures when he got over two point three to four meters which is seven for eight inches to take gold. McEwen had left with the silver, both he and Kerr having cleared two thirty six seven eight and a half.
Speaker 3: But they said no, they said McEwen.
Speaker 1: I think McEuen was the one that said he wanted to jump off, right, because they could have shared, just like bar Martus Barshin from Moraine in gen Carlo Tambiri of Italy. They shared the gold medal last week. So they got two two goals, they both get, they both got gold.
Speaker 8: That do that's dope.
Speaker 3: I'm walking away, okay, bro we tired, Okay, I'm good.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Hey, but I'm getting he said, hell now, huh yeah, and he got the silver.
Speaker 3: Damn jump on.
Speaker 8: I bet that jump off was that?
Speaker 3: Think about it? Oh, Joe, you had done cleared.
Speaker 1: If I'm not mistaken, I think he had cleared too heights he had never cleared, so that was the best. Yes, you also have to factor in you're tired. Oh yeah, the more you jump. Yeah, yeah, you only got so you only got so many hops in those legs. I'm like, you know what, I'm good. I would have yeah, yeah, the gold medal. I mean it's not like it would have been the first time. Oh yeah, I want a gold medal. Yeah, but you tied, so it don't count.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it does.
Speaker 1: I gotta go count. I'll give it. Damnage. Three people tied. I gotta go and got one. I got you exactly right, So the US had to settle for silver. Congratulations Shelby McEwen personal best. Uh he got over seven foot eight and a half. Only a handful of American men. I think Thomas. I think he might have been the last man to win. Charles Thomas. I think he was the last man to win the high jump in ninety six in Atlanta, and I think he went seventeen on a quarter. Can you check that, ash, I'm pretty sure it's Charles Thomas in ninety six was the last American man to win the high jump.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm thinking.
Speaker 1: So the weeke got to count on the women basketball team to tiech out because if he had accepted the goal, we were the tied for Child and then the women wine been up one.
Speaker 3: So well, that's it.
Speaker 5: What is it?
Speaker 1: Jordan Chiles might have to return to bronze medal. She wanted the floor exercise and to final In Paris, the Court of Arbitrational Sports rules Saturday that the judging panels Women for Exercise improperly granted an inquiry that increased Child's score and moves her into the bronze medal position. The Swiss based court found that Child's appeal was submitted passed the one minute deadline for such requests and therefore should not.
Speaker 3: Have been granted.
Speaker 1: As a results said the American gymnas should have received the score of thirteen point sixty six in the event, which if played, which which would have placed her fifth, just shy of the Olympic podium. United States Gymnastic in the USOPC said in a statement they were devastated by Saturday's ruling, arguing that the anchor in the Child score filed in good faith and in accordance with the rules. So she goes from possibly having the bronze medal to fifth and they can appeal that right, No Thomas in ninety six, Okay Eric Canard? Uh yeah, Eric Canard won the goal and so that was in London.
Speaker 3: I was drawn.
Speaker 1: Eric Canard won the goal in the high jump in twenty and twenty twelve in London.
Speaker 3: Man, damn.
Speaker 1: Joe. So you can't appeal. So if they once, they can appeal. They said that when she appealed, you only get a one minute. You get one minute to file your appeal. They said she filed the appeal outside of the one minute.
Speaker 3: Therefore it should have been nullified. You know what.
Speaker 1: All right, o Jo, it's time for Q and A. We don't have any animations. We're having technical difficulties. I'm sorry about that, guys. Our first Landy Ray says, Hey, guys, I won't see this question being read, but I gotta get get it out. Enjoyed nice Minnesota weather before the winner comes. Question is who do you think will lead the US to the basketball team in twenty twenty eight? Well, I think books gonna be on that team again. I think is gonna be on that again. Jason Tatum, Jason Tatum, who're a young guy, if if if if if.
Speaker 3: John if Zion can stay healthy.
Speaker 8: Oh that's nasty.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm, everybody just name imagine him playing in the twenties Olympics.
Speaker 1: Maybe who knows, maybe a big yeah, I mean what you call him, Bam, Bam will still be back.
Speaker 3: Maybe a D.
Speaker 1: We definitely need some big because that's what that's what you know. When Mayama, yeah, you yo, probably still will be around. Be interested to see Johannis for the Greek the Greek team will still be around. It's gonna be interesting. Maybe chet Homren, Uh, you know, you gotta be Tyrie's Max. Tyree's Max. He's playing well and so. But I think guys that we know for sure injury, notwithstanding at Man book, j T and probably Bam because of the age, it'd be interesting.
Speaker 3: I think how old? How old?
Speaker 1: A D thirty two? So in four years, maybe thirty six? Yeah, I think a D thirty two, A thirty thirty one, okay, will only be thirty. He's just turned thirty one. He turned thirty one in March, So thirty five, that's not that's not bad. Ad thirty five right now. Kay, I think Steph is like thirty five thirty six, so that I mean, that's what. That's what up within this right arranger which Ad could play if he's healthy, if he wants to do that.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's right there. So that's all. That's all.
Speaker 1: That's always a great thing to not have to leave and go out out of the country and leave your family. Blake, first time catching you, guys, Chef Curry was cooking today in team USA won on Lakers and the Olympic jersey of eight ten twenty four.
Speaker 3: Yes, they did.
Speaker 1: They played. They look, they played. They played today. They didn't mess around on you at all at all. They knew they was on you and somebody else's backyard.
Speaker 4: Listen the way Serbia looked. They didn't want to deal with that. They didn't want to They didn't want to deal with that.
Speaker 8: Shud.
Speaker 4: You come out handy your business the first time. You ain't got to worry about coming back. You ain't got to worry about no goddamn deficits, especially deficits by that much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know if you get down about fifteen against the French team with that crowd into it, now, all of a sudden, the crowd plays into the ref and all of a sudden that you are fould And so you never want to be in a situation, oh shoe where a heave shot, a miss call, or made call could potentially cost you the game. So congratulations to the United States men's basketball team.
Speaker 5: Goal.
Speaker 1: What the fifth straight time since eight, eight, twelve, sixteen, twenty five straight Olympics that the that the the men's team has won. Oh, plus the women's in the gold medal round back volleyball. So we got two chances. Yeah, so we still got an opportunity to get them.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna get that. We're gonna forget it. We're gonna get the most goals. Buckley said. First time I seen Quincy run was in Kansas City against my cousin Mark Winn when they were kids. Were surprised to see you run on TV in grass champ Aiden.
Speaker 3: Yah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Corey said, what's up Uncle Ocho my wife out of Sondria. Uh, and I just celebrated that two year anniversary. We love watching you show. Can we gotta shout out bro Congratulations, Happy second wedding and the nursery.
Speaker 3: Hopefully make it to the five year? What's five? And then you got ten which is gold, which is twenty five which is silver? And then fifty is what what fifty diamond?
Speaker 1: I bescue you, ah, what's what's the five year? Where they anniversary ten years twenty five? Because I think that's how it goes. It goes five, ten, twenty five, fifty real?
Speaker 3: Yeah, hey, what happened? You know what?
Speaker 8: I can't I can't wait to jump, man, I'm trying to get that diamond.
Speaker 3: Oh Lord, have mercy, ass you got the slowest computer. First anniversary's paper, Second anniversary.
Speaker 1: Is cotton, third is leather, fourth is fruit, fruit of flowers, fifth is wood, ten is ten.
Speaker 3: Or ted aluminum. Damn damn man, they got some bubbjoz. Twenty five is.
Speaker 1: Twenty five? Hold on twenty five? It is silver, fifty is gold, sixty is down. Y'all need to change this up. Ain't a whole lot of getting a whole lot of people getting the sixty?
Speaker 3: I wouldn't. What's the record of love? Something somebody's been married, probably like what eighty eighty five years?
Speaker 1: Maybe ninety? And can the Ain't nobody ever been mad? Ain't nobody been mad? No one hundred year. I'm talking about in modern time. I mean, you go back to no yelling Bible when the people living five six hundred years mm hmm. But I don't think nobody mount of time been married, No, one hundred years, don't.
Speaker 8: Why do you think everybody get divorced?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 4: I think? I mean in today, today's era, of today's society. I think we have so many choices, so many when some goes wrong, you know, I forget this, I'm out.
Speaker 8: I think I think women.
Speaker 4: I love all my women, you know, regardless of color, race, I don't care about that shit. But I think today we are so caught up in aesthetics. We love weddings, not actual marriage.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't know if that makes sense. Chat y'all stay with me a little bit. Now that there's a difference, there's a difference between the two. They love the weddings, they don't like marriage and everything that it entails. Now, I could I could be wrong, But I'm just basing my thoughts and what I think based on statistics, because the stats don't lie. And if you ask people that have been married before, every time you ask them, why did you divorce? I guarantee you ask a hundred people while you divorce the goddamn answers about the same every time.
Speaker 8: It would be the same reason every time.
Speaker 1: Uh, I think the thing is is O joe, because everybody thinks everybody is replaceable. So there's somebody that looks just as good. There's a guy that makes just as much as my husband, maybe not a little more.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's always better, always, yeah, no matter who you pay, for sure, it's always better. But it's better, always good for you because you have to understand what comes with better as well. Women love to say, oh, I'm finn to go get a man with a bigger bag. Well, let's make sure you understand become for the territory with that man with the bigger bag, because you're gonna be miserable anyway at some point.
Speaker 1: Don't you want what you want when you want to talk to me now? So come on, like, Okay, I'm I'm not happy because I could be I could do bad by my fair I'm sure you can. Okay, all right, you could and.
Speaker 3: You can do worse with somebody else you think about le even me.
Speaker 4: Hey, they they always envisioned the grass is greener On the other side, based off of aesthetics in the way things look or what somebody has. You look a certain way, you dress a certain way, you're driving a certain car, you got a certain house. You man, boy, understand what come with the territory? Read the fine print, like my grandma used to say, we the fine print. Now the grass ain't always green.
Speaker 1: On another side, Drane Masters said, Usa Usa, unkyo, yoe. I can help y'all with those pavements that need be USA, Usa, Usa. Yeah, come on, simil, little something.
Speaker 3: Upgrade.
Speaker 1: Kings said, greetings eighty four eighty five and Ash and the crew. Oh yo, act like that gum in your hair and cut it out. You always gonna be the Olympic athlete. We love you regardless.
Speaker 3: King.
Speaker 8: Hey, hold on, they talked it.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, he said, I ain't gonna be no, you'll see because we're gonna have the footage.
Speaker 8: We're gonna have to.
Speaker 3: Should.
Speaker 8: I got my boy my spikes with me to train too.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: Kat Loews saying Lebron has to play in the Olympics at l twenty eight. Oh will Lebron be sure?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 3: He about to turn forty, so he'll be just yb his forty fourth birthday.
Speaker 8: What you think the way you take care of his body, would they even allow him?
Speaker 1: No? No, oh they would No, he ain't gonna want to Okay, Man, Lebron aint gonna been to be playing though till he forty four.
Speaker 3: That be twenty that'd be damn going. That'd be going into your twenty six.
Speaker 4: See, might well make it the thirties then, might as well. Hey, he gonna play. He's gonna play with Bryce. Now watch, I can't watch. Oh the fact, just think about that. Unc he get to play with his son? Man, you know, not in the Olympics.
Speaker 8: No, no, I'm not talk about the Lilympics.
Speaker 4: I'm just changing the subject back to like, can you imagine if you was the writer story?
Speaker 8: You know what, I want to have a child with my.
Speaker 4: Childhood sweetheart, high school sweetheart, and one day I want to make it an NBA. Not only make it an NBA, but play long enough to be able to play with my son. Like that's a movie script. That's a movie script. That's a movie let alone for it to happen in real life. So all the stars have to line for that to happen. And they've done just that that's dope as hell to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but at that point in time, I think he's gonna probably want to there's other things he wants to wants to own an NBA team, there are other things is going to get him more than playing, Yeah, but more than playing basketball. So I think that's kind of the direction that he kind of wants to head in. Guys, were really we had this interview with NJ just Houston right now. We're having difficulties technicalities with it, hard to get it loaded, and it's having hard time with the you know, the.
Speaker 3: Voice going in and out. So we're sorry about that.
Speaker 1: But we're gonna play that interview for you at a later day and time where we're really sorry.
Speaker 3: That that's that it, Oh Joe, that concludes I should.
Speaker 8: Hey, let's let's go. Let's go to dinner real quick. Me me all of us?
Speaker 3: Who is all of us?
Speaker 1: Like me?
Speaker 8: You asked? I mean, I mean everybody. I don't know. I'm I'm for to go to soul Fu Cafe.
Speaker 1: No, uh, Shelley is here, so she already made reservation somewhere. But damn I gotta and plus I got what you call them to what I still got a pack for the for the tour.
Speaker 8: You don't need no clothes. All I'm bringing is my shirt. I'm wearing the same shirt for every tour.
Speaker 3: But that's not the only thing I'm doing while I'm there.
Speaker 8: Oh see you big time?
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: I gotta I gotta, I gotta kill. I gotta kill a lot of birds with one stone. So when I'm somewhere, I just can't go somewhere just to do one thing. I need to do multiple things in order to make it worth my while.
Speaker 3: And my time. Okay, you see what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I like, Okay, So when I go somewhere, Okay, what else can I get done while I'm there?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: So that's that's that's how I think on that O Joe. Guys, thank you for joining us. Thank our special guest Quincy Hall. Also, we have this interview with Nja Houston that we're gonna have to play for you at a later day and time. Congratulations to the men's basketball team they won goal. Congratulations to the women's soccer team they won goal. Congratulations to both the men and women for by four hundred meter relay teams. Uh The women set an American record. The men set an Olympic record. Massih Russell won of the the women's gold medal and the huntred meter hurdles. Unbelievable. Who else somebody else did something special that we need to talk about. Did anybody else do anything?
Speaker 8: US national soccer?
Speaker 3: They won? Yeah, we want.
Speaker 1: We won the goal in that beat Brazil one nothing on a fifty seventh minute goal. Oh, Shelby mchwon. He won the silver medal in the high jump. Congratulations to all the people, all the winners today, the gold medal winners, several betal winners.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit that light button, and guys, do us a favor. Go out and make sure you subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcasts from, and remember every podcast subscription matters. Thank you, guys for helping us become what we've become. Thus part, Please make sure you go get grab some shade by Laportier. We have it in stock and if it doesn't have it in your local area, we can get a ship right to your doorstep.
Speaker 3: So thank you guys for your patience. And your support.
Speaker 1: Please make sure you go follow my social media company page on all platforms. That's Shayshape Media and my clothing company that's eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. The link is at the top of the chat. Thank you for joining us again. I'm your favorite unk, Shannon Sharp. He's your favorite number eighty five Route Runner Extraordinary, The Binger, Ring of Fame, Honoree the pro Bowler, the legendary Chad o Jo Cenko Johnson from Liberty City.
Speaker 3: See you tomorrow.
Speaker 1: The volume