Speaker 1: Oh Ry and Welcome into the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Football Podcast. It is the week sixteen reaction episode Semi Final matchups. They are rounding out and we're here to recap all the action from the weekend. I'm your host Seth Wilcock, as always, helping us break down the biggest injuries of the weekend is the Goat, sports medical professional on the Internet, product of Stanford and the Harvard University orthopedic sports surgeon and the founder of sportsmed Analytics, doctor Deepak Chona. Deepak, thanks for joining us, not just tonight, but every Sunday night this season.
Speaker 2: How are you tonight, friend?
Speaker 3: I'm doing well, man.
Speaker 4: It's uh.
Speaker 3: We're still out here in Houston recovering from a little bit of a shock yesterday, but otherwise fantasy team's recruising along, so let's do it.
Speaker 1: Glad to have you in the saddle. We're also joined by a guy who, for a moment yesterday I was concerned we're gonna have to send a welfare check on yinser fan Longhorn Diehard, the incomparable Scott Bogman.
Speaker 2: How are Semi Finals treating you?
Speaker 4: By? Not so great? I mean, I'm doing okay in them home league is a big question mark. I'm moving on in two, but I had seven and I'm definitely down in three. A couple are not looking good, but maybe's, you know, the Monday night miracle, the Sunday night miracle, something like that could happen. But I mean, I'm still alive in a couple spots for next week. But it's not as good as it could have been, especially if the Steelers would have won. But at least I'm still here today. That is nice. After yesterday, after my pro teams and college teams that I haven't missed watching live, and years and years and years we're playing at the same time. I thought my head was gonna explode, but we're all here, and I feel bad. You know, Seth. Seth is gonna have to light a candle at the altar of the god of stack corrections here because he was down like one point or a half a point in his Dynasty League to go to the ship as the games ended tonight. So let's get that stack correction for you. Light a candle.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it. Man Devon ad Chan almost came through from me. That fifty yard gainer at the end I'm like Bogs. I had a lot of semi final matchups rolling I made to the finals and two of them. However, my opponent on the other side my fiance and both so little rivalry in the house, but still money coming into the home. So happy about it either way. I hope everyone had a great Week sixteen. Let us know below in the live chat or in the comments how you and your fantasy teams did heading into the semi finals weekend. Before we get going, I also wanted to thank the Fantasy Pros community for tuning in. We've got a loaded program for you, injury recap with Deepak, plus game breakdowns from all thirteen games played this weekend. If you're hanging out here on YouTube, please give this video a thumbs up if you enjoy this type of content, Plus subscribe to the channel if you are new. Looks like we got some people hanging out with us in the chat already saying they started Jonathan Taylor, They're ready to go up.
Speaker 4: Everybody who started JT is gonna be here for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah a good.
Speaker 1: Mood, yesbsolutely. A couple of people saying Brian Robinson Junior cost him their season.
Speaker 2: It was tough it was tough out there, guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of JT love in the chat. Let's go, let's go all right, well, let's go ahead, let's turn the page. Let's talk about some of the unfortunate injuries that happened today, Deepak. Starting with York Houston Texans wide receiver Tank Dell, who suffered a significant knee injury yesterday, very scary scene. Got hit by a teammate once again in the leg, caused one of those images where his leg kind of appeared to be going the wrong way. Depak, Was this as bad as it looked to the untrained eye.
Speaker 3: Yeah, unfortunately. I would say the early evidence here is that it probably is as bad as it looked in the sense that the leg was basically crooked. It suggests that they said he did dislocate his kneecap, but along with that, he probably tore other ligaments in the knee, particularly the ACL and mcl are very much at risk with the way he fell. Now, all of this kind of to say, when the knee is that unstable, they want to monitor the leg, make sure the circulation and the pulses and that sort of thing are going well. So that's probably why he went to the hospital yesterday and the fact that they released him today suggests that everything went well with regard to that. The question now is what are the sort of injuries, the combination of injuries, and therefore what is the treatment. Typically, if it is a multiple ligament type of issue, it's going to cost him probably about fifteen months to return, which would put next season basically a wash. Now, I don't want to sort of state that I know this for a fact, but just based on the video, it certainly does make you suspicious for that.
Speaker 2: What does his career outlook like?
Speaker 1: Deepak if this is he's missing the entire twenty twenty five season, didn't really look like himself for a lot of this second sophomore season after a great rookie year that was cut short due to a broken leg as well. What does this kind of look like for Tank Dell's trajectory from an injury standpoint.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, he can probably get back to where he was, but it typically takes a full season of return. So guys that have come back from multi ligament injuries include Nick Chubb now twice, JK Dobbins has done it, and Javonte Williams recently did it as well, So you know, you do see a dip in these players, but then eventually it looks like most of them can get back to their level. So it probably takes really a full year after he returns to expect that though.
Speaker 1: Boggs, are you looking at any other Houston wide receiver's potential fantasy starter in week seventeen? And what do you think the Texans do long term at wide receiver?
Speaker 2: Not a great.
Speaker 1: Class coming in, but a very serviceable class in twenty twenty five entering the draft.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean there's a lot they can draft someone, they can re sign Stefan Diggs, they can get a free each, and so there are ways that Texans can replace Tank. Del John Metchi is an option as well. In terms of starting for next for Championship Week, I don't think I'm gonna trust anyone not named Nico or Schultz or Mixing obviously on the Texans right now, so especially short rest Wednesday game against Baltimore not great, So probably just gonna be Nico from me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shout out to Tank for at least holding onto that touchdown.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, the nerves you gotta have are you know you're a gritty receiver, so we appreciate that. Teas and p's out to him. Hope for a speedy recovery out of the second year wide receiver Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Jalen Hurts. He suffered a concussion deep pocket might not really matter, as Hurts managers are likely out of the fancy football playoffs after being left just four point five fantasy points today. Still, what is the data tell us about of the odds of the former Sooner suiting up here in Week seventeen against the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's you know, just over fifty percent of players are missing one game in returning the following, so the data slightly favors that. But these timeline have actually been coming a little bit shorter over the past probably season and a half, so he has a chance. He just had to kind of follow the reports on this one and see interest of his progression. But data slightly favors him missing this next game.
Speaker 1: Bogs, how much do you downgrade aj Brown or DeVonta Smith if it's our old pal Kenny Pickett under center for the Birds next week?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean they have to take a bit of a dip, but they're still fairly startable. I mean Pickett only through to AJ Brown in this game. I think he had fifteen targets.
Speaker 2: The defense a couple times.
Speaker 4: Well that's Kenny Pickett. So DeVante Smith also had some targets, but cal Katara had nothing. They handed the ball off a lot. I just think Saquan is probably gonna get a ton of carries because against a bad Dallas Rushdie as well. So yeah, probably gonna be a lot of Saquon next week if there's no Jalen Hurts.
Speaker 2: Going to the running back position.
Speaker 1: Arizona Cardinals running back James Connor injures his knee in this game. Obviously, he's no stranger to injuries. It's happened most of his career. DEEPOK, what do you think happened to the former Pitt Panther here? And could Arizona realistically shut him down for the rest of the season after being eliminated from the postseason with their lost to Carolina today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it's certainly a bit of a judgment call in terms of whether to shut him down when the season's essentially over. The video looks like his knee sort of hyper extended or bent backwards. It didn't look severe though from the video alone. In great that's not perfectly diagnostic, but it does kind of lower my concern level a little bit. My suspicion is he'll probably try to return next week, but if not, would probably be able to the following.
Speaker 1: Are you firing up a different Arizona running back? We've seen de Mercado out there, We've been clamoring to get Trey Benson going at some point here Deepak, are you excited to start an Arizona running back if Connor is out next week?
Speaker 3: I think it's just such a volatile spot and if you're starting someone meaningfully, you're probably looking at like the Fantasy playoffs. So I don't think I can be firing those Yeah, those odds on Trey Benson bogs.
Speaker 2: Do you feel similar?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean, there's just it's James Connor or bus there. They've got the Rams next week. I if Connor's not up, hopefully he is, that there's probably not a back that I'm starting for the Cards.
Speaker 2: Okay, fair enough?
Speaker 1: Potentially maybe twenty twenty five a better year for Benson in that backfield. Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Drake London injures his hamstring. This one was a heartbreaker, specifically to that dynasty team we were talking about, guys, Deepak. We've learned so much about hamstrings through you this season and how the grade severely impacts the timeline for return. What are the team leaves telling you about the significance of this one for Drake London here?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so the comments afterwards said that he probably could have come back in if the game were closer, and the game was never really close, so that may played a role here. Now, sometimes these things do tighten up a little bit and make it a little bit higher injury reinjury risk when wide receivers specifically come back, So it's not totally uncommon to see teams slow play this. But based on the common so far, my suspicion is he tries to play next week.
Speaker 1: Fantastic, that's great news. New York Jets quarterback Aaron Rodgers. He returned after an awkward hit and some time in the blue tent. What do you think happened in the future Hall of Famer dpak and will he be ready to go finish the season?
Speaker 3: Yeah, his ankles bent inwards and that's kind of the high ankle mechanism but it didn't look severe. It wasn't totally planted firmly in the ground when it bent, so all in all, you know, it is probably something he can play through. He has so far this year already played through injury, and my suspicion is that's the way he'll probably try to go.
Speaker 4: So we'll see.
Speaker 3: I don't expect this to cause a lot of mistime, or at least if he does miss time, it's probably somewhat of a personal decision given the status of the season.
Speaker 1: Boggs, Are you still wheels up on all these Jets players as long as Rogers is out there slinging it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, I as much as I feel like Aaron Rodgers is probably gonna give up or something if he is hurt, because what is the point of him playing these last two games? Right right? I think he's gonna be out there, and he said he wants to finish out the season, so I'm gonna take him at his word.
Speaker 1: Okay, And before we let you go Deepak, do you have an update on Seattle Seahawks running back Kenneth Walker. We did see him just go down limped off the field in that Seattle game. Just this afternoon, so it might be too early to get any real diagnosis from you, but this is the guy who's battled injuries all season long.
Speaker 3: Yeah, totally not a ton of info available on this one yet, waiting for their kind of postgame presser. The info so far, or at least the thought is that these cafin for running backs that he was coming off of carry high reinjury risks and we kind of knew that going in. So it's not just his calf though that we're worried about. It changes your whole loading mechanics. So having him have an ankle injury now just one game into the return not totally unheard of and surprising. So my suspicion is this may cost him some time. But again, not a lot of info yet.
Speaker 1: Okay, bugs, Obviously we don't want to speculate too much with not knowing the status of kub three there, but if he's out, I mean it's hard to say zact sharbonay.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, I mean wheels up. You know, Sharps gets everything when Walker's down and Walker gets a lot when he's up. So they really like to focus on the one RB there, and it's been sharps when Walker's down. So yeah, if Walker is down, I expect Sharbonay to get a lot of touches.
Speaker 1: Okay, make sure you guys are checking out our ECR Fantasy Pros Expert Consensus rankings next week to see where the entire gag over here and everyone in the community is at on sharbon A but usually right around that high end RB two low end ORB one range.
Speaker 2: If there is no Kenneth Walker, Deepak.
Speaker 1: We can't thank you enough for lending us your insight every Sunday night this season. This will be your final time appearing on the program in twenty twenty four, so please tell everyone how we can best support you heading into twenty twenty five and beyond.
Speaker 3: My friend, man, thanks, it's been a hell of a run. You can find me as always on Twitter, Instagram, sportsmen Analytics or Sportsmananalytics dot Com as well, and I will be heavily hopefully on Fantasy Pros again in twenty twenty five, so I'm not going anywhere too too far.
Speaker 1: Awesome, We we appreciate it. Man, Get some rest and keep saving lives here in the new year.
Speaker 2: We appreciate you.
Speaker 3: Brother, absolutely, thank you all right.
Speaker 1: Guys, stick around with us and we'll get to the game recaps right after this.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: We're all passionate about fantasy football, obviously, but sometimes there is a little bit missing. What's missing a team, but not your fantasy team. No, a team of like minded, passionate fantasy football fans, but that is not part of your every day Fantasy Pros. Discord might be your answer. Chat with other fans, debate strategies, and find leagues to join. Every week, get your questions answered live in our Ama Live Discord sessions. Want to know if you should start that sleeper or avoid a risky trade. Are experts. They're here to help and if you got a question, you might even end up on a podcast. It's not just about advice, though, It's about community. With channels for every aspect of fantasy football, draft advice, waivers, props to dynasty, best ball, and a ton more. You're gonna find like minded fans just like you, so join the best fantasy team. Join Fantasy Pros on Discord at fantasypros dot com slash chat today, get your questions answered and connect with fans. Don't just play fantasy football, live it with Fantasy Pros on discord.
Speaker 1: All right, and before we get to the game recaps, I did want to shout out a guy, Tony Nelson in the chat, saying, finally made it to my main be championship after six years.
Speaker 2: Let's go bogs.
Speaker 1: This is why we do this, right, Like, this is why fancy football is so fun, because it doesn't matter how many times you lose. If you're in that championship, you got a shot. And it looks like I got Tony.
Speaker 2: Does right here.
Speaker 4: Hey, look, you know there's money on the line, there's trophies, there's pride, fun, But I mean talking smack to your buddies is the best prize that you can have. I really like, you know, you can win a bunch of money, and money is outstanding, but being able for a year to just kick it right in your buddy's face, that is what we play for. That is exactly what we want. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I remember last year was the first time I had ever won my home league in its current configuration and super competitive, and I've made a victory video sending recapping, doing all the trash talk and I could and it felt better than getting that deposit right in my bank account. So absolutely it's a great time, and let's get into the game recaps. Here a week's sixteen that did decide who will be playing for a championship in most leagues. Wedged in between some college football playoff games Yesterday on Saturday was the Chiefs beating the Texans twenty seven to nineteen.
Speaker 2: Fun game.
Speaker 1: Two turnovers are ultimately what cost the Texans going on to win this game. Mahomes proved that I think he might be Wolverine like made mighty to Vibranium out there. Ankle looked really good, Bogs Hollywood Brown. He returned for five for forty five on eight targets. Kelsey kind of a bit of a dud again, five for thirty his third straight game under double digit PPR points. And Xavier Worthy justifying my bold take about six seven weeks ago where I thought he could be a league winner seven for sixty five and one on double digit targets, once again averaging fourteen point three Fantasy points over the past six weeks.
Speaker 2: Boggs.
Speaker 1: Any takeaways on the current state of the Chiefs pass catchers or their offense in general.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean that Xavier Worthy, as you mentioned, is becoming the main cog in this offense right now. And you know, maybe it's going to be different with Rashi Rice back next year. I'm sure Travis Kelce will be more involved obviously next season as well if he's back. But right now, Worthy is not only getting the targets, but the snaps as well. Fifteen nine snaps for him. The next highest wide receiver on the Chiefs was Watson with thirty eight. He ran fifteen more routes than Watson. He ran seventeen more than Hopkins. Here, I'm sorry, no, he ran nine more than Hopkins. He ran way more than anybody else on his team. So Worthy is becoming the main guy. The other thing that I saw with his Chiefs offense is the splitting of the running backs again. You know, it seemed to go a little more to Pacheco last week. This week it was back to Kareem Hunt. So that big question marks going into a tough matchup against Pittsburgh for the championship. So you know that starting Hunt or Pachecko is going to be icy on Christmas Day on Wednesday on short rest with them, you know, kind of splitting this and not really knowing who is going to be the hot hand or get in the end zone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd probably prefer like just to start and either if I don't have to, like if you have to throw one of them out of the flex, I guess you could, but probably prefer not to. I did want to ask you about the Texans. We've kind of talked about them life after Tank Dell, what that might look like? Really no fancy value outside your guys like Nico Collins, like Joe Mixon.
Speaker 2: But is quarterback c J. Stroud worth a start still? You think here?
Speaker 1: He had a good showing against the Chiefs and he gets the nuts matchup of Baltimore on Wednesday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean Baltimore could be a good matchup. We've seeing that secondary play poorly. They were good this week against our Steelers with you know, out our best s wide receivers, So we'll see what that looks like. But yeah, Stroud is kind of a question. We did see Schultz get a touchdown and a couple more targets after Dell went out as well, so I think Schultz is the guy to get a bump here if anybody obviously Metchi in playing time, and Hutchinson got a decent amount as well, so I can't I don't know why I keep saying Mechi was Hutchinson that got the bump here, and Robert Woods Bobby Trees saw a little bit of action as well.
Speaker 1: Also on Saturday was the Baltimore Ravens beating our Pittsburgh Steelers thirty four to seventeen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Baltimore out gained the Steelers by one hundred and three yards.
Speaker 1: A big part of that was Dereck Henry the King going for one hundred and sixty two yards on twenty four carries, Zay Flower five for one hundred. Mark Andrews found the end zone once again. Nine touchdowns in the past ten weeks for Andrews. I know everyone wanted to quit him early in the season, but if you held on, he's performed nicely. Steelers offense continues to look nerved without George Pickens. I think we've said that on this program for a few weeks now, Boggs, any thoughts on this game or the fantasy players involved.
Speaker 4: I mean, Lamar finally looked good against Pittsburgh, right, So if you're kind of thundering in that decision, you know, then Lamar was great. So hopefully he didn't bench him. We'll see I mean, Derrick Henry a beast, probably carrying you to your championship if you started him. Zay was great as well. And on the Pittsburgh side, I know you saw it and you know we saw it. It was way more Jalen Warren this week, and I thought that fit because I figured they were going to have to pass a little bit more. But I mean it was significant this week, not only in the touches, right, the touches weren't that big a deal. Was twelve carries to nine for Naji. Now she didn't get a catch and warren't had five, but the snaps it was forty for Warren and seventeen for Nase. So it looks like late in the season the Steelers are kind of slanting more towards Jalen Warren getting the ball, and I think that is the right move because Nase really loves to run into the back of the offensive lineman a lot. I mean, I know, a lot of holes collapsed, so the line needs work. But yeah, Naj just not making the right decision too many times. Had that fumble las week as well, and Tomlin does punish a player when they fumble, So we saw a lot more Jalen Warren this week.
Speaker 1: This is another game where I'm probably not starting the running backs for Pittsburgh next week against the Chiefs unless I have to write like you just it's it's hard to handicap them because they're gonna split the work. And if the if the Steelers are trailing to the Chiefs once again, which we're kind of expecting, if Pickens isn't one hundred percent of this one, I just don't like that out look for either man.
Speaker 4: If you had to start, but check O Hunt, Nause or Warren. Who are you going with there? I'm going with Warren?
Speaker 1: Really yeah, oh Man probably probably probably a Chief's running back, but maybe that.
Speaker 4: Yes, our Steelers fan in me, oh yeah, I understand that. Uh you know, I just think I just think Jalen will get the most snaps out of any of those guys very well.
Speaker 1: Could My last question on this game to you is Lamar your QB one for twenty twenty five QB one this season so far, just scored another twenty point five Fantasy points this week.
Speaker 2: It feels like.
Speaker 1: It's really been him, Josh Allen, and Jayden Daniels that are really those difference makers at the QB position, So is Lamar your QB one four twenty twenty five bucks.
Speaker 4: I think it's probably still gonna be Josh Allen, but okay, it's going to be a tier of Josh Allen and Lamar. So you know, Burrows looked great as well. I know he has to be way up there, but you know, I've been on Lamar since he came out of Louisville, and same thing with Josh Allen and Wyoming. And I was the guy that drafted Burrow over CMC in a super flex that got me a lot of flak and I made it to the semifinals, so lost to the Cincinnati fan Jeff Erickson. My buddies over there, But you know I had Burrow. I was hoping Burrow could beat him, but he had Higgins. So Higgins at a decent game before coming up laying there. But yeah, it was that. Those those will probably be my quest Okay next year.
Speaker 1: Okay, speaking of the Bengals, let's get into Sunday's action in the Jungle, where the Bengals do beat the Browns twenty four to six. They moved to seven and eight. They keep their postseason hopes alive slightly everyone in Sincy continued to eat for fantasy purposes. Chase Brown thirteen point nine Fantasy points, a little bit down compared to what he's been lately, but still serviceable. Jamar Chase twenty two point four Fantasy points. T Higgins nineteen point eight Fantasy points for the second straight week. The Browns, meanwhile, led by Dorian Thompson Robinson, had just two hundred seventy three yards of offense three turnovers. Dave Nijoku he saw ten targets, eight for sixty six on the day. Jerome Ford, though really the winner out of Cleveland. I would say twenty four point one fantasy points without Nick Chubb, who suffered that broken foot last week, eleven for ninety two and one on the ground, five for thirty nine on five targets.
Speaker 2: Through the air.
Speaker 1: However, DTR starting really came out the expense of one player who's got us as far, Jerry Judy just two for twenty Boggs.
Speaker 2: Is Judy back to the Pine for Fantasy Championships next week against the Fins.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know how you could start him after seeing what DTR did this week, and with Stefanski also saying that DTR is the starter next week if he's healthy enough. You know, how could you start Jerry Judy in crunch time, right, especially when most of Jerry Judy's production in his career came with Jamis to Winston. It wasn't just like, you know, oh man, he's been great and DTR ruined him. Nah, Jamis made him good. You know, I think we can say that. So Jerry ju probably overrated. We definitely did that. And look, Cincinnati's defense still providing for fantasy, right, Like Jerome Ford had a sixty six yard run to start, he didn't do a lot after that, got in the end zone. That was n nice. Also added some you know, dump off catches from DTR. But yeah, since he provides for fantasy, for sure.
Speaker 1: Probably Nujoku if you need a tight end next week, Jerome Ford probably a mid to low end RB two for you. Yeah, I think so, probably right, Okay, Yeah, that sounds good. And I got to wear a little egg on my face here as well when we're speaking about the Bengals, because I was actually kind of low on Joe Burrow coming into this season. Bogs just the risk injury. It's an injury we hadn't seen at the QB position on the professional level in quite some time, if not ever. So I was actually drafting Kyler Murray over Joe Burrow this year, which huge mistake on my part. And I think the injury industry as a whole.
Speaker 4: Here, Yeah, I think that's what we get into when we you know, when we start knocking guys just for injury, Like the skill is still in there. So if Joe Burrow can hold up, you know he's going to be good. And he is. He is really really good. You know, that defense is really really bad and they have to pass the ball to stay in games. And you have the best wide receiver in the league on that team and Jamar Chase so became the first ever Bangal with fifteen hundred yards receiving in this game, so all time leader in US for a single season. They've had some good ones Sincy. So yeah, Chase is just super impressive in him and Burrow work together, and yeah, I mean I feel like I was the only one saying I'm not done with Burrow and I hate the mangles, so uh, you know, I think I think he's gonna be a pretty expensive buy next year.
Speaker 2: Before we continue.
Speaker 1: I did want to remind everybody that if you want a chance to win a sign Jackson Smith, nijigbas Seahawks helmet for free Curtsey of our friends over at Pristineauction dot com, all you need to do is head to Fantasypros dot com slash contest, complete the form and either a download the Fantasy Pros My Playbook app, b leave a review for this podcast, or see fall us on x Instagram or TikTok at Fantasy Pros. The more actions you complete, the more entries you're gonna receive, and we'll be announcing a winner right here on the podcast. So if you're watching here on YouTube, be sure to subscribe and turn on those notifications so you can be alert when new episodes are up and acclaim your pride.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 1: In Hotlanta, the Falcons dismantle the New York Football Giants thirty four to seven. We saw the starting debut of rookie Michael Pennix junior eighteen for twenty seven two hundred and two yards and an interception, if you want to call it that. What did you think of the former Huskies performance in this one, Bogs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it looked pretty good. I mean you know, a nice game against the Giants to get your confidence up. Yeah, is smart. And everybody in the world knows that that pick was not his fault. I mean it bounced off of Kyle Pitts straight.
Speaker 2: It looks like he I almost thought he tried to like latter it forward or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, the meme that I saw was when the water boy catches the ball and then gets it to the guy who he wants to hit because he made fun of Mama. That's the one that I saw of Kyle Pits a bunch. So yeah, Pennix looked pretty good. He was hitting Drake London a bunch early, found Mooney open on some nice ones as well. And you know it helps to have Bejeon back there eating up twenty two carries as well. So yeah, not bad for Michael Pennock's debut.
Speaker 1: I don't think we're really downgrading any of these Atlanta pass catching options with Pennix, maybe even upgrading them a little bit based on what we saw from Kirk Dizzler over the last month or so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I would. You know, Kirk, it looked not healthy. He was clearly not healthy, So you had to make a move to a different quarterback, regardless of if it was your first round pick or just your backup, because of how Kirk just could not move. So with him looking good like this, yeah, we don't downgrade any of these targets because they're probably better off with Penix now than they were with fifty percent of Kirk Cousins or whatever percentage you wanted to give him.
Speaker 1: It was bad, yeah, yeah, and once you were also losing that confidence as a quarterback where you don't want to step into your throes because you're not certain that you're missing a defender out there on the defense or you're not seeing something correctly.
Speaker 2: It's tough.
Speaker 1: It's a tough game, especially for someone like Kirk who he's not mobile anymore, right like he was always a bit of a statue and now even more so so. Hoping the best for Kirk Cousins, we are hearing some reports that he might be getting cut this offseason. So hey, maybe the Steelers give another, you know, million dollar quarterback a run.
Speaker 2: What do you think?
Speaker 4: I heard they're gonna give Russ the three years one hundred that Mayfield has got, So I don't know.
Speaker 2: About that, but that's a program for a different day.
Speaker 1: The Giants in this game, they feel like one of the easiest teams to handicap their players. Malik Neighbors is always like seven for sixty eight, seven for seventy two, something like that. Go seven for sixty eight today. Tyrone Tracy just seven for twenty six on the ground, but did catch a great to tap touchdown in the back of the end zone.
Speaker 2: Finished four for forty three and one through the air.
Speaker 1: Anything to add for the Giants, because I feel like the last six week is it's been Neighbors, Tracy or Bust.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I mean, look, you know, maybe in a super deep league we're talking sixteen to twenty one day, it could be an option for were you, But with Drew Lock out there, the offensive line bad, they're basically packing it in. Yeah, you don't want to start giants that aren't named Neighbors or Tracy. That's it. I mean, I wish we had more to speak on them. I wish Daniel Bellinger was looking good, Yeah, in a replacement of Theo Johnson here. I wish Drew Locke was coming out here slinging it so we could get a guy like maybe Jalen Hyatt involved, or you know, maybe Singletary was a goal line back for a team that scored a lot. That would be nice. But we have what we have with the Giants, and so it's neighbors and it's Tracy and nobody else.
Speaker 1: Let's go Drew Locke, Come on, buddy, let's put it. Let's put put some good tape on film here the rest of the season.
Speaker 4: He's gonna be an analyst pretty soon. You know. I think he's he's a personality.
Speaker 1: He could be Yeah, yeah, hey, maybe maybe a fancy prosy sent him a little offer. Maybe, uh, maybe get him in here some days you can give you a little Sunday night off.
Speaker 2: Or do you think, yeah, fine, he's a backup.
Speaker 1: It's like the uh It's like is it the progress over the State Farm commercials?
Speaker 2: It's like when you need a backup. Oh yeah, yeah, that's true. Lock for us.
Speaker 4: Any come over and get my wasp nest too, that'd be great. Him and Cole McCoy.
Speaker 1: In the Windy City, the Lions took care of business, beating the Bears thirty four to seventeen. This was a spread I think I should have hit the Lions on. It felt a little short for what they've done, but defense been really banged up. The offense didn't give a damn this week, four hundred and seventy five yards on offense for Detroit, Big games for golf outdoors when a lot of people were fading him, twenty three for thirty two, three hundred and thirty six yards, three touchdowns, twenty five point four fantasy points, and each major pass catcher, whether it's jamo A Monros, Sam Laporter, they all found the end zone. So are they all must starts against the forty nine ers on the night football in Week seventeen. Obviously Gibbs. He continued to eat here without Monty as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and Gibbs had a lot of snaps as well, forty five of sixty five he ran twenty routes. Craig Reynolds was in there for ten. They gave from Jefferson, the former Oregon State running back five, se Ony Vaki five as well snaps. So it was all Gibbs, which is very nice to see if you're rostering Gibbs. I saw someone earlier in the chat said I'm in three and I made all three on the back of Gibbs. Oh that was very nice. Yeah, and the Niners are a good matchup. We saw them in a weird matchup with the Dolphins today. Well, of course we got to check weather reports and everything because Jared Goff, as our boy piece of PA loves to say, is an indoor cat. But yeah, looked like he was getting okay along okay with those outdoor cats today. He was doing fine, So I'm not gonna call him an indoor outdoor yet. But this was a good game outdoors in the cole against Chicago. No weird weather either. So yeah, these they have to keep passing the ball and putting points on the board because this defense is so banged up, and you know, the Niners are out of it. You know, maybe you get a lack of of want or whatever.
Speaker 1: Well we saw players just quit on him a couple of weeks ago, so yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Don't think that that's the case for most NFL players. I think if you're out there between the lines, you're giving it, you're all So I think that, Yeah, I think that these Lions are the guys that you want to start right now and everything is clicking and they need it.
Speaker 1: The Bears were out of this game early, but the wide receivers all still got to double digit points before roma Dunesay fumble. He finished right in that nine point range. Keenan Allen nine for one, forty one and one on thirteen targets for twenty nine fantasy points. Oh Doonsay four for seventy seven on seven targets. DJ Moore seven for sixty eight on ten targets. How are we ranking these wide receivers against Seattle on Thursday Night Football Bogs Keenan Allen over twenty fantasy points and four of.
Speaker 2: His last five.
Speaker 1: We are writing this guy off like six weeks ago and he's been wide receiver nine over the past month.
Speaker 4: Yes, well again, any game outdoors in this week seventeen. We're looking at weather reports first, so I haven't seen anything quite yet here. But yeah, look, I guess the experience that you're giving Caleb is go out there and throw it fifty times because they never ran the ball, right, They just they just don't run the ball. It's all passing. Forty pass attempts. Again, Now, Caleb did a much better job. He only took two sacks in this game. Now, I was against maybe the most hurt defensive line I've ever seen in my life. In the Lions, So maybe that was the coincidence there, And Seattle can put pressure on the quarterback. Boy, they did it today to Sam Darnold, so we'll see. But yeah, I mean, these guys are going to keep getting targets because this is what the offense has been ever since Brown took over. It's all passing, barely any running. And yeah, they also had their left tackle get hurt today too, which isn't good for Caleb holding onto the ball. So we'll see. But I think the offense is showing us right now it is volume passing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep.
Speaker 1: I would say you can start Keenan Allen if you need him. You can start DJ Moore and.
Speaker 2: That's about it.
Speaker 1: Like, I really still don't trust Swift. Three for thirty three through the air, but just six for thirty four on the ground. You mentioned a couple weeks ago, once we saw Shane Waldron out of the play calling duties and the Bears organization as a whole, it was really like Swift season kind of kind of slowly swept away there.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I didn't think so either. He had looked so good to start the season, right, and that was kind of like, a Okay, we have a new offense to install here, let's lean on this run game that's been working. Yeah, and it has been the complete opposite. They have gone completely away from it and as soon as they get down they abandon the run and sling it. So that's what I expect to see because the defense has not been playing up to snuff, especially here against the line.
Speaker 1: Yes, we had a huge upset in Charlotte where the Panthers get the win thirty six to thirty in overtime.
Speaker 4: Bounce the Cards out of playoff contention.
Speaker 1: Yes, Yes, congratulations to the Panthers for playing spoiler once again they have been in games recently. They slightly outgained the Cardinals in this one, but they did have a turnover free game, which is an accomplishment for Bryce Young. Thirty two point five fantasy points for Cuba. Hubbard twenty five for one, fifty one and two on the ground, add another four for thirteen in the air as well. Adam Thielen got the job done five for forty three and one on six targets fifteen point three fantasy points.
Speaker 2: Bogs.
Speaker 1: A few things on Carolina here. I want your opinion on a are feeling and Cuba Mustards next week against Tampa Bay. And where are you drafting Cuba next year with potentially no Jonathan Brooks for at least the majority of the season.
Speaker 4: Once again, Yeah, I mean they're gonna have to add somebody because I don't even know if you can continue to count on j JB long term. This is two major knee injuries and back to back years barely any carries as well, So just very tough for JB. And the continuation of his career is going to be an upward climb for sure. So I think they'll add somebody. But it's working with Chuba and they signed him to an extension. This is their guy moving forward, and I think Bryce is their guy too. He's looked great, especially in this game, and especially down the stretch. You can see his confidence growing. He took a big hit, got up with a big grin on his face because he completely completed the pass. Like you can see the confidence growing in him. And hopefully we're going to see Alabama Bryce Young here pretty soon, because that's what it's looking like. You know, this was they still don't have you know, Deelan Is is older. Deontay Johnson didn't work out, so They're probably going to add some talent to the s wide receiver corps as well. The tight ends are are working well in tandem with Trembull and Jatavian Sanders. Really what they need is fixes on defense. So yeah, I think this offense looks pretty good. I think Cuba's going to be their guy next year, and they're probably gonna add somebody, but I would not count on that somebody. I know they like to run two guys. But when Cuba is running this well, and we said this about a bunch of backs before, I didn't think I was gonna say it about Chuba. We just didn't realize how bad the offense was there last season. But they're giving everything to Cuba, and it's hard to take your best player off the field, and he is the best offensive player right now.
Speaker 2: He could be a top fifty pick probably next year.
Speaker 4: I'd say when you absolutely yes for sure, and.
Speaker 1: You're obviously starting him next week against Tampa Bay. Same with flan Or Feland kind of still in that flex wide receiver three range for you.
Speaker 4: DeLand is more questionable. We're definitely starting Cuba, but but I mean it's a good matchup against the Bucks, so I'm probably rolling him out there. He's been great since coming out in I was kind of a little leery on it. Our boy, the Welsh was all over Adam Delen coming back, so shout out to him. And it has been absolutely working.
Speaker 1: And you do think that from a Dynasty perspective that the Panthers are sticking with Bryce Young or obviously this QB class kind.
Speaker 2: Of has dried up a little bit.
Speaker 1: Drew Aler's coming back to school. He could have been a potential like late first round, early second round guy Quinn you were, is your guy down Texas potentially also coming back to either play for Texas, North Carolina, Big Tensagle. We don't really know yet, you know, but there are quarterbacks out there that could go on Day two, day three. Curtis Rourke from Indiana's one that kind of comes to mind. Do you think maybe the Panthers grab a guy like that or do you think and you sell Bryce Young high in Dynasty here, do you think you just stay backed and hey, I might have a starter for twenty twenty five.
Speaker 4: No, I mean I think maybe you grab a backup. I'd rather I'd prefer to have a veteran, you know, than a young guy backing up, but you got to give him another shot. This was his first year in the Canalis as well. And remember he lost a job fast and then he got it back late. So I think a longer look is definitely deserved for Bryce Young. And I don't think they're going to make any massive move in the okas.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't.
Speaker 4: Think like they're not gonna go get Kirk Cousins and let them find it out in camp or anything like that. Yeah, it's just gonna be be why and you know, like a Trubisky or someone of that mold okay behind him, you know, maybe just Fields.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, not a bad call there at all.
Speaker 1: For the Cardinals, Can you start anyone rest a season aside from Trey McBride. They'll play next Saturday against the Rams. It's been tough sledding, man, Like, realistically, we have Connor who's banged up. Now, you already said you didn't really like any of these running backs. We saw some Michael Carter today, some DJ Dallas You and I of course, you know, hopeful for Trey Benson future. But in the interim, like I'm gonna start MARV four for thirty nine here I think we've been done with him for a while, and like, yeah, I've been done with Kyler for a while on this roller coaster that is the Kyler Murray experience, Like the rushing upside is great, but you just don't know when you're gonna get that every single week.
Speaker 4: Right, I think there's there The one bonus for Kyler is that there's nobody left. Like he may have to do it all himself against the Rams, but they're also knocked so as soon as he sprains his pinky, he's going to the bench, you know what I mean. So yeah, uh yeah, I there are no Cardinals that I'm gonna want to start that aren't named Trey McBride. Next week, Okay, Honor is healthy, if Connor's yeah, if they say, oh, you know, precautionaries, fine, sure Connor's okay, But nobody else.
Speaker 1: And before we continue with the recaps, I did want to ask everyone for their help in shaping the Fancy Pros Fancy Football Podcast. Please take a minute or two go fill out our quick easy survey at fanasypros dot com slash survey and leave a review at Fantasypros dot com slash review to help us improve tell us and our bosses what you do and don't like about the program. Let us know how we can better improve the Sunday Night program as well. What don't you like the bogs and I do? What do you like the bogs and I do?
Speaker 2: We want to know it all. We appreciate the support.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for listening all season along again, fill out the survey at fantasypros dot com slash survey and leave a review at fantasypros dot com slash review.
Speaker 2: Help make this program, this entire channel better.
Speaker 1: We can't thank you enough for all the sports so far this season, but make sure you guys are helping us out by filling out that survey. And despite some late game heroics from Mason Rudolph Christmas almost game early there for Tennessee, the Indianapolis Colts hold off the Titans to win thirty eight to thirty in Lucas Oil Stadium. A Rich passed just eleven times through just seven completions for one hundred and thirty one yards a touchdown interception, but the run game his legs really helped him get going here twenty point two Fantasy points for a Rich and of course, after losing. Many managers their matchup last week, including myself. John Than Taylor did Johnthan Taylor stuff twenty nine rushes, two hundred and eighteen yards, three touchdowns, a season high forty point eight Fantasy points. Bogs, what are your thoughts on the Colts or the Titans? And the Titans most of their fans production came from ty J. Spears two touchdowns and receptions four scores from Ridley and Nwi.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so, I mean, I cannot believe the Colts won this game. It was when you look at the box score and everything, you're like, what happened? It was bad turnovers by Mason Early. You know, just that the Titans are used to this season. If it's not Will Levis getting the turnover, then it's Mason Rudolph. I guess, so a couple of terrible turnovers early. We saw JT. Really, I mean you saw after you know, the drop before crossing the line which cost people championships. I mean, I know in my home league there was a guy that got stack corrected who wouldn't have had to worry about a stack correction if JT just holds onto the ball. So you know, he wanted to make up for that, and boy did he. But do you know how many times a Rich passed the ball in this game? Eleven?
Speaker 2: I know, crazy, eleven.
Speaker 4: This is not sustainable for the future. So I feel like I questioned a Rich more than I questioned Bryce Young right now. Not in terms of fantasy production because a Rich has that the wheels, of course, you know, and he had them here and this is what put him over twenty points, as you mentioned, but just moving forward, like how confident is Shane Styching and the Colts going or are they going to be about a Rich in his future as a quarterback in this league? So this is a team where I would go, ooh, yikes. If Kirk Cousins is sniffing around, maybe that's not good, you know what I mean? For a Ridge's future. We'll see. But Taylor was huge here, downs got in the end zone, so he was nice for you. Pittman another dud with a Rich. I think Pittman has a lot to offer, but not with Anthony Richardson. And then on the Titans, I think the big thing that we saw there was more spears. Spears had thirty seven snaps to twenty four for Pollard.
Speaker 2: I think Paulard's not healthy.
Speaker 4: I think you're right. And also, this team has said from the beginning of the season, we're gonna ride the hot hand, and Spears is the hot hand. Lallard's banged up, you know right now, and Spears is looking good. So I just I would expect next week to see more Spears.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm with you there, I mean coming out too Lane. I've always liked Spears. I think he's a talented running back. I think he's better in the pass catching role than people give him credit for as well. So hopefully you can see more that I think as far as Fantasy championships going, like, you can roll out Ridley if you have to, you can roll out Pollard if you have to, And like, is that really it from the Titans and the Colts.
Speaker 2: It's really just JT.
Speaker 1: And if you need to start at quarterback Richardson right, Like, am I forgetting anybody?
Speaker 4: Chigakonkle has been big two weeks in a row with Mason, So Mason Rudolph is still the guy. He is his safety blanket right now? Is Chicka Konkle. Yeah, eleven targets eight for eighty one in this game and he had a big game last week as well. So that's a guy that if you're just looking for a tight end for Championship Week, maybe you have someone you don't trust, or you know you're just giving yourself options for Sunday. Chig is not a bad pick up right now?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, And perhaps the quickest game of the season, let alone the week, the Rams beat the New York Jets nineteen to nine in met luck Stam. I don't know if you saw this, Bogs, but this was like this game was like a quarter ahead of everyone else because they were just running the ball so much. The Rams had just one hundred and ten passing yards via Matthew Stafford, but it really didn't matter if you're a Karen Williams manager. Twenty three for one hundred and twenty two yards and a score on the ground. Pooka also had eight receptions for eighty six fifty six yards. Excuse me on nine targets. Cooper Cup though just three for twenty three three targets? Is it Joe over for Cooper Cup being a startable fantasy asset this season? He has scored under six fantasy points in three of four games.
Speaker 4: Bogs I mean they're in the Dome this week against the Cardinals, so I don't know if he's completely cooked. I mean in terms of trust ability, yeah, it's tough, you know, and it depends on who's on your roster and everything. So I will say that until he retires, I have a hard time counting Cooper Cup okay way out. So maybe I'm just being a Cooper Cup apologist here a little bit. And also I'm not rostering him in too many spots, so he hasn't cost me personally. So maybe I'm looking at this with Rhodes colored glasses and everything. But I like Stafford at home. I don't you know. I liked him in this matchup and he didn't come through for me. But yeah, I think this was a weird cold game. We also saw Quinna Williams out for the Jets. The Rams new they were going to be able to run the ball at that point, so that's what they did, and that's what you know. It's kind of all they have in New York as well. Bresall looked healthy. He looked much much better, So we love to see that. Isaiah Davis and Braylen Al are back to not mattering. Because it was all Breesaw was of fifty two or excuse me of how many snaps it was sixty nine. He had fifty three snaps, Alan had ten, Davis had ten. So it's back to wheels up for Breesaw. I looked good. Davante and Garrett are both startle as well as long as a rod is the QB. So it's kind of satus quo here. I Cup is the big question, right because Nikua gave you floor this week because not what you wanted, it's what you got. It's kind of the low end that you expect. But Cup eating donuts is not great. I just assume that they're going to be able to pass the ball a little bit better at home.
Speaker 2: Would you rather start Adam Feelin or Cooper Cup? Next week? Feeling's playing Tampa Bay.
Speaker 4: Mmm. God, I could not believe we're at this point. I think I still have to say Cup, but Delon's better, so I can understand.
Speaker 2: What about Ridley.
Speaker 1: Ridley's going to be against Jacksonville in that poor secondary.
Speaker 4: Ridley over everybody there.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, okay, good to know kind of where you are. I'm excited to see what the expert consensus rankers as a whole think this week.
Speaker 4: Maybe they'll have Delan in there for Okay, okay, they're not too forgiving when you put up two duds in the playoffs for a guy like Cup.
Speaker 1: So absolutely, Recncy bias is real in the East and it should be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it should be. What would you do for me lately?
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 2: Let's go ahead.
Speaker 1: Let's round out the early afternoon slate where jayde and Daniels might have just sealed the Rookie of the Year award with five total touchdowns, including a game winner against the Eagles, giving the Commanders a thirty six thirty three victory thirty four point four fantasy points for the LSU Tiger product. Terry McLaurin got in on the action five for sixty and one score on six targets. But Brian Robinson, as we pointed out in the chat earlier tonight, bogs he really cost a lot of people with his worst game this season. Ten for twenty four, two for seventeen through the air, but two fumbles two point one fantasy points. How much do you trust the Commander's assets next week?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean they're at home. You know they were at home. Here too. I don't know, man like it should be a better matchup. Philly is hard. Philly is a hard team to play, and even you know, they came away with a win here, and I know Jade Daniels went crazy against his defense and everything. They were obviously not one hundred percent on you know, on offense with Kenny Pickett in there. So yeah, b Robin's gonna be a tough start after this dud, and you kind of have to wonder, like, does Washington pull them a little bit more, you know, and maybe spread the love at I don't think they're gonna you know, he's not getting benched obviously, but two fumbles that's bad news.
Speaker 1: Well he saw some Chris Rodriguez and some Jerry McNichols as well in this match.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, exactly. So yeah, I think b Rob's gonna be okay. But I'm Jade and Daniels, we're starting, we're starting to mac you know, we're starting the usual suspects for Washington. B Rob costing us really sucks. But if you're if you still made it, and next week it's against Atlanta, it's a decent matchup, So I don't I'm not gonna hate b Rob after one terrible performance. Yeah, but it might cost me. I had I put Sam Donald in over Jade Daniels, and I had Rob in my lineup as well. So I got the bad side of this entire game. I should be more bitter than a lot of people. But I know b Rob's still really good running back.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, Uh we got dreads in the chat saying sorry, Bognan, if you wanted some more time off, I asked for more Bogs in the podcast survey.
Speaker 4: I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, man appreciating that. Thanks for filling out that survey, brother, we appreciate that. The only thing I want to touch on the Eagles here.
Speaker 1: We already kind of talked about what life would be like next week under Kenny two gloves, No Jalen Hurts. But it was the usual suspects in this one, right, AJB goes off.
Speaker 2: Smith was serviceable.
Speaker 1: Saquon twenty nine for one fifty and two. My question, though, is about twenty twenty five. Is Saquon Barkley the consensus one oh one next season going into his age twenty eight season, Bogs.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't know how he couldn't be. He's about to break the all time rushing record is at Hey, like he's on pace to beat Eric Dickerson. So yeah, I mean he has been incredible. It's like him and Chase probably downs as well. Yeah, I mean it's gonna be Saquon and Chase and Jeffersoner probably gonna be the top three because CMC love is dead.
Speaker 2: So you know, the glory days, the glory days.
Speaker 1: We miss you, we'll miss you, but uh, we appreciate it. We appreciate everything CFC did for us in the past. And hey, maybe it'll be a good value next year.
Speaker 4: You never know, Yeah, yeah, it could be.
Speaker 1: Before we continue, I did want to remind everyone to please join our Discord community, chat with other fans, and get access to exclusive amas that wind up on our podcast feed. Our early season schedule or our late season schedule.
Speaker 2: Excuse me.
Speaker 1: It includes Joe, the Welsh and Bogs on Monday at two eastern, then the Welsh and ericson They're on Thursdays at too eastern, Worm and Fits at five eastern on the first Tuesday of each month, and then Fits and Bogs They're talking Dynasty at five eastern on the third Tuesday of each month.
Speaker 2: Bogs.
Speaker 1: I think you just had this show here recently, so I'm sure that was a great, great time for y'all, And so make sure you guys are coming answering, getting your questions answered, and be on the show at Fantasypros dot com slash chat.
Speaker 4: You gonna come back pretty soon, I believe in January as well the Dynasty Show, love it.
Speaker 2: Love to hear it.
Speaker 1: We'll also have some NFL Draft coverage over here on the Fantasy Pros YouTube channel. So make sure you guys are sticking with us throughout the offseason because football and the game never sleeps over here at FP. Let's keep it moving into the late afternoon slate. The Vikings pull one out twenty seven to twenty four against the Seattle Seahawks.
Speaker 2: This was a really fun game, man, This was super fun.
Speaker 1: Sam Darnold kind of struggled early, but we'll put it together for three touchdowns coming by way over our guy Justin Jefferson of course, ten for one, forty four and two. Jordan Addison didn't leave you hanging either, he found payder on five for thirty five. What you think of the Vikings here, man, Like, obviously you didn't get what you wanted to start Donald over Daniels.
Speaker 4: But still good, chilling, still great. And I also I have the stack in that league. I got Jefferson. Oh and I have Addison as well, So yeah, I'm in a good position now. My league mate are our guy Jesse Severe. He's he has Baker, so I'm looking for Baker to have a bad game. He also has Josh Shacops tomorrow. So we're up big, but definitely not in a safe space right here. So we'll see what happens in that one. But yeah, I mean this offense click, They look good. Aaron Jones looked great, Jefferson got his, Addison got his. The only one that would really disappointed for the Vikings was Hawkinson. Yeah, so the rest of their offense looked good. It was nice to see Gino out there with the knee injury looking good. Did look a little gampy at the end. He took a hit. We'll see if that was anything more than a bumper, Bruce. But talk about a team that abandoned the run. In forty three passes for Seattle, ken Walker had eight rushes. Sharpenney had won. Yeah, he had just as many as Julie Love Gino and JSN. Kenny McIntosh had more than him. We were bailed out ken Walker. People were bailed out by eight catches. If you have him in a PPR. That was nice. JSN got a touchdown, metcalf zombie Metcalfe gets a touchdown. Now that it probably does not matter at all. So not like lots of nice offense in this game. A couple pieces were down, but pretty good here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Seahawks they are playing Thursday at Chicago. We eluded that weather could be a factor in that game where we're ranking guys like JSN and DK, But I mean JSN has been a smash all season long, eight for ninety five and one, and then DK did find the end zone. So I guess my question is more about DK. Where do you think you're going to have him against this this bear secondary that just let everyone go loose for the Lions this past week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, they didn't look good. So you know, as long as we're wheels up with Gino on short rest, then I'm gonna be fine. Okay, throwing DK out there now, you know, I will say there's a little bit of a shine off DK. I'm not going to just forgive him and say everything's gone with one score here. So there's a little leeriness there, but I mean, this is a pretty good matchup and they throw them a lot.
Speaker 2: Okay, love to hear that.
Speaker 1: Let's go ahead and keep it moving here with the Bills winning in Orchard Park twenty four to twenty one over the New England Patriots. Drake May came out firing in this one, finishes twenty two of thirty six two hundred and sixty yards, two touchdowns and an interception. Ramandre got going late, found the end zone eventually, but we did see a lot of Gibbey in this one as well. Ten rushes twenty eight yards for Antonio Gibson. Kayshan Boody continues to be a guy who's leaning this team in snaps and targets at that wide receiver position five for ninety five and one. I don't really have any notes on the Patriots bogs, like I think, if if you want to be stashing booty in a dicey league, that's fine, But outside of that, I'm not really interested in playing any of these New England weapons at all unless you need someone like a spot start for Romandre running back and I have been rolling out Drake May and in quite a few one quarterback leagues. I'll continue to do that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean they play New England plays who next week. I just forgot. I'm not looking at that.
Speaker 2: Sh Yeah, New England is playing next week. They're playing the Chargers.
Speaker 4: The Chargers in New England. Yeah, I mean, you know, not the Chargers have been not great on defense recently, so that's a little better than we would have said a couple of weeks ago. But yeah, I mean, I mean, I definitely did not have Drake May putting up more points to Josh Allen in semi final week. But Josh Allen just didn't look great. Yeah, Stevenson's okay, butte gets targets. But I think it's just too inconsistent for me to really say that I want to start anyone for New England.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what about the Bills here?
Speaker 1: Josh Allen kind of a little bit of a down game for him compared to what he's been doing lately.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it didn't put up fifty yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: But still, you know, like the Bills get the win here, they did enough to win. James Cook kind of went but bananas eleven for one hundred and one on the ground, popped a big forty six yard run in this game. Also found the end zone through the air three for twenty six in a score. But I mean, dude, the pass catching options we're not good in this one. That New England secondary. Yeah they got Christian goan Zalez out there, but really not one that we're scared to run from. We've been off Lamari Cooper for a while here. Even his big fourteen target game a few weeks ago I wasn't buying into.
Speaker 2: But Khalio Sekurra did disappoint me.
Speaker 1: Boggs, I have to say that two for twenty two his worst performance of the year. I've been seeing people in the Fantasy pros YouTube chat really upset what Secure did.
Speaker 2: But six targets still, yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean six targets. Just you know, Josh Allen didn't have a good day to day twenty two thirty six miss fourteen passes through a pick. You know that's I'm sorry, I'm reading off. I was reading off. Drake May sixteen or twenty nine is thirteen passes through.
Speaker 2: He also pretty close, pretty close, yeah.
Speaker 4: Pretty close. He fumbled, didn't lose it, So just not a great game. Probly that was Cook the fumble, not Allen, but six for thirty not our normal rushing total for Josh Allen either, So just not great all the way around for Josh Allen. This is a blip. What are you gonna do? I mean, are you You're gonna not start Josh Allen? Who do you have? You better have Lamar, you know, you better have Joe Burrow, You better have somebody way way up there if you're not going to be starting Josh Allen. So yeah, I will take this with a grain of salt. I think he's gonna be okay.
Speaker 2: Are you rolling out Shaki next week against the Jets? To me, it's like him.
Speaker 1: Obviously you're starting Cook Cook some no brainer starter along with Allan, But looking at the pass catchers, it's Kincaid if you need a tight end, and I think Shakura I'm willing to give him another look against the Jets.
Speaker 4: I am too. Yeah, I don't think that this is what we're gonna stand in a normal baby.
Speaker 2: He almost had a touchdown. He almost have a touchdown.
Speaker 4: It's not what we have seen from Shaki either. Look at his game logs. It wasn't great last week, but he scored the touchdown we p before that, one hundred and six in a touchdown. He does have duds, He's not like a no doubt right four for thirty before that, but eight for seventy, six for fifty eight, six for fifty nine for one oh seven. Yeah, he usually offers you much better floor than you saw. This was his worst game since October fourteenth, but that game was against the Chants, so uh, we'll have to see you know. Yeah, come to us for questions. We'll give you some answers here before these games kick off this weekend, so let us know who your other options are. But I think in a lot of scenarios, you're still gonna be rolling out Shakir.
Speaker 1: Two more games here, starting with the Raiders in Las Vegas getting the win over the Jaguars nineteen to fourteen.
Speaker 2: I don't know how Shador.
Speaker 1: Sanders and company are gonna feel about this one now the Giants have controlled that first overall pick. But staying with the Raiders, we didn't see any Sincere McCormick in this one. He was banged up after winning that starting job. We saw Abdola come through for people. He found Paydir also five for forty seven in the air, Alexander Madison twelve for twenty seven and a touchdown as well, But really it's it's Brock Bowers to me and and nothing else on this team. Like if you want to flirt around with Jacoby Myers, you can two for forty one. It was great to see eight and O'Connell up in this game after we thought he might be gone for the season. But I still don't know if I'm really trusting Myers or any of these running back stress of season. It's really Bowers for me, And do you have more confidence than Myers?
Speaker 4: Maybe a little bit more than what you're giving me, but not a ton. I mean, he did have five targets but only go two for forty one, and O'Connell just hasn't been good.
Speaker 2: I just feel like you have better options if you're in your championship, right you should.
Speaker 4: I mean, like, let's do Myers vs. Shakir. You're definitely going Shaig rreck here all day, not close, right, Yeah, So I think in most scenarios you're not starting Myers. I think you're right. I think it's pretty much dude for the Raiders Rocks, that's.
Speaker 2: Nine dude, this kid is a thirteen targets.
Speaker 4: He is the only guy that O'Connell looks for, Like that's his first rate on almost every play. You can see it because these tear guys down, So yeah, you can see a lot. I think I would still expect a decent amount from ROWK Bowers as well. I don't want to start other Raiders, even in good matchups.
Speaker 2: So now, yeah, I'm for the Jaguars.
Speaker 1: It's almost like the same deal, right, It's like start the rookie. Brian Thomas Junior again goes bananas nine for one thirty one and one got loose on that sixty yard touchdown. I mean no one was within yards of him. Thirteen targets. I don't really trust anyone else. So like Brenton Strange had a great deput in his starting debut after Evan Ingram got hurt recently, but two for twenty two today, Parker Washington was around six for fifty four.
Speaker 4: But and I old luck diagnosing this run game from the Jaguars. Last week it's Bigsby. This week's or last week it's ETN. This week it's Bigsby. Who knows flip a coin? I mean good god, it's every other week for these guys. It's super annoying. I can't stand it. So yeah, it is Brian Thomas. You know, Brent Strange fumbled after his enormous game last week. I'm sure people picked him up. Four targets, two catches for twenty two and a fumble, so just just brutal. So yeah, I mean the Jaguars, you just is Brian Thomas and nobody. Yeah that these teams. This is what we're boiling down to at the very end. I mean, if you're super desperate, I guess maybe Parker Washington could be interesting or one of the running backs. But like I said, it's you know, you're playing Jenga and it's all everything is all on one stick, you know what I mean. So if you can pick the right one, good for you. But I'm not gonna mess with it.
Speaker 1: I think you might have more luck going to your local casino and racetrack and betting ostriches. Honestly, if you really want to get crazy with it, then trying to pick whether you start tank or eat each week, Like it's kind of where we're at right now.
Speaker 4: You know where they're racing, they're racing ostriches in Pennsylvania.
Speaker 1: Oh they do, yeah, right at the road in Harrisburg here. Yeah, a couple of times a year. My friend, you can bet I'm there. I got a couple of tickets on that occasion.
Speaker 4: I'm sure there's weirder stuff. I mean, they have like fish races and stuff.
Speaker 2: Here in Kaxas.
Speaker 4: But oh, okay, yeah, there's the ostriches. I mean, I don't know that. That's pretty funny. Go to like the ostrich races.
Speaker 2: Go to bettingpros dot com slash Ostrich Racing people on.
Speaker 4: The there's not people on they just race.
Speaker 2: Just yeah, just the ostriches.
Speaker 4: I was like, do they have shockeys?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Okay, wouldn't that.
Speaker 1: Be a career move Ostrich Shoki, I might have to enter that career field after after.
Speaker 4: You just trying to get onto horses as bad as you can, but you have to stick with ostriches. We're making up a whole sport here. That's how that's how it's been. That's that's what happens at the end of the year.
Speaker 1: So last not on this game that I want to ask you about. If we were redrafting Dynasty rookies, where's Brian Thomas Juniors among the rookie wide receivers. Is he still behind the likes of Marvin Harrison Junior and Elak Neighbors? For you, given that he's been a wide receiver one as a rookie.
Speaker 4: Dode Welsh and I had this big debate the other day and I stuck up for Roma, dounsay, and then he drops a touchdown and fumbles. So I'm gonna say that Brian Thomas is number two behind Elak Neighbors. A lot of people are gonna put Thomas just up at number one. He had the best of year and that's fine. I think he is in that group. I also think that there's a lot of meat left on the bone. Yeah, for everybody here, for Harrison and for Rodnza, I think there's a lot left for them to prove. So, but yeah, I mean he's definitely has entered that group, at least at the very least, even if you're disrespecting him, that is where he goes.
Speaker 1: We got Dreads in the chat saying we have pig races here at the country slash state fairs.
Speaker 4: Oh, I say, Drendas, I bet I bet she's are are you running those Big Races. Are you in charge? I can see it. That's great. That is great Big races. Is that is that the thing they do where like the people are staring down and there or is that like a pig walk? Like have you seen that?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: No, oh man, I have to send it to you. I think you've seen it. I'm probably just not explaining. It's the one where you know it's like the girl and the kid they're like staring like they're not allowed to look like something. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's very strange.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm completely off the rails here.
Speaker 2: So hey, that's all right. We're week seventeen.
Speaker 1: We're rolling right around the eight forty three hour here, so totally understand. I'll get you out of here on this one, Bogs. It is the dolphins who dismantled the forty nine ers twenty nine to seventeen in South Beach. Tua just looked okay in this one, twenty two of thirty four turn fifteen yards and a score. Of course, new Jalen Wattle active Tyreek Hill saved you with a touchdown.
Speaker 2: Mike Goodness. John U.
Speaker 1: Smith continues to get done six for sixty two. Devon a Chan six for seventy, seventeen for one to twenty one. That fifty yard score that put me so close to winning in the Diasty League.
Speaker 2: What do you like about Miami here?
Speaker 4: I mean, a Chan looks like he's everything right now, because we know Tyreek is not an out of percent. Obviously, Waddle banged up as well, so Tua not his greatest game, tough pass rush against the Niners, but e Chan looks like he is absolutely everything. Another good game from John Hu as well. I mean, really, Tyreek bailed us out if you started him with the touchdown, right yep. So yeah, eight Chan is the offense right now and he's getting his CMC on with one hundred and twenty yards rushing and six for seventy through the air, and a couple of those were wide receivers plays like we saw Tyrone Tracy do the toe tap in the back. We saw a Chant go up and get a couple of them. Yeah, I mean, he looked great.
Speaker 1: Do you trust him next week? In Cleveland Along the shores of Lake e I have a lot of friends that live up in that area, especially on the Pennsylvania side of Lake Erie. They've been decimated by weather all. I mean, these guys had two feet of snow Thanksgiving morning. It's been bad up there. If the weather gets bad. Can you trust to a Can you trust a Chan? Can you trust Tyreek and JOHNU?
Speaker 4: I think you could trust a Chan. You can't trust anything else because everything else goes through Tua, and we've seen Tua played poorly in the cold. Yeah, yeah, I think a Chan is fine. But if it is like Lake Effects snow and gonna be unbelievably cold, then yeah, I'm probably looking somewhere else. If there's gonna be minimal weather factors, there's gonna be a sunny day and just cold, They're fine.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay.
Speaker 1: How do you feel about San Francisco moving forward? Obviously, I feel like their offense just is not the same when they don't have a formidable running back, even someone like Gorendo or or or Jordan Mason out there as well. Because just eighty one rushing yards on the on the day to Day Debo twenty five on Brock Party of twenty six, Patrick Taylor complete dud for you, just one reception and just twenty four yards on the ground. Kittle continues to doing Kittle things all season long eight for one oh six and Jennings four.
Speaker 2: For fifty one.
Speaker 1: I think we're kind of disappointed with that based on what we saw from Jennings earlier this season. But Deebo finally had a good game seven for ninety six and one twenty five yards on the ground. You and I were saying to landmine Debo a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 4: I mean, he could have won somebody some stuff too, but I mean, I don't trust one game Debo. Deebo is the type of frustrating player that can do this, and he did. So it's you know, we definitely were wrong in saying to get rid of him last week, but I mean, come on, he's been miserable. Yeah, up until this point, it was you know, nineteen total yards last week. It was thirty six the week before that. It was twenty the week before that, it was twenty one the week before that, it was twenty one the week before that. You have to go all the way back to November tenth, the last time he was over fifty yards. So you know, I mean it had been miserable for Debo. So you know, to see him going well is nice to see, but to call it trustable, I think is insanity. So with what he's done this year, he's a good player, but he just has not been putting it together at all. So yeah, I mean I think the process was good, the result was bad. Sure, so we you just take it on the chin and I do like I thought. Patrick Taylor, I asked, my buddy, asked me before you know, he's also in the home league and this one might cost it cost him. He said, I'm not gonna blame you. Who would you start between Patrick Taylor and Remadre And I said, I would start Taylor. They're down to nobody else. I think they're gonna, you know, at least be in this game. And I think he's gonna get a decent amount of carries like Grendo has, like Mason has, and it just did not happen. So yeah, the health of the Niners offense is definitely concer learning right now. You throw up forty times. I mean, a nice game for Party with three hundred and thirteen yards Kiddle and Deebo. But who was starting Debo? Not many people, ye know.
Speaker 2: So can you start them? Next week?
Speaker 1: It's against Detroit at San Francisco Monday night football to close your fancy football championships. Obviously, Kittle is a lineup lock. I don't think I'm interested in Purty despite the matchup, just because the offense is a bit nerved.
Speaker 2: Here are you rolling Party? Are you rolling Debo? Juwan or the running back any of those four options.
Speaker 4: I'm definitely not starting Taylor, not after this, No, not after seeing how they just completely abandon the run game, like they obviously don't trust him, So I don't think he is a start. I mean Kittle is. Yes, Deebo maybe you know, like, let me ask you this, would you rather go with Debo or Shakir? I think, well, the way we saw Deebo, in the fact that they don't trust Taylor, I think I would go with Deebo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I would just just guarantee touches. I think I would go with Debo.
Speaker 1: But it doesn't feel great, Like I still he's feelings wide three.
Speaker 2: I still think he's a wide receiver. Three.
Speaker 4: You need a pepto bismo pill or something if you're gonna start Debo. But I think it is something that you can consider that I'm a little stronger, right if you need a gummy lord. Yeah, It's been been a rollercoaster for Debo. I'm not super excited after one big week, but yeah, he is gonna get more looks. If you know, Grenda's down again and we're just going with Taylor moving forward.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Well that's gonna do it for us tonight on the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Football podcast. Unless something changes. This is, like me likely my last appearance on the podcast this season. I just wanted to say thank you so much to the Fancy Pros community for accepting me and all the kind feedback I've received so far this season. Also, thank you to my great colleagues like Bogs, Deepak Welsh, all the help in the back end from guys like Ethan and John who make my job super easy. Sitting in this chair has honestly been a dream come true, So thank you to everyone who's trusted me with it.
Speaker 2: Bogs.
Speaker 1: He will be back next week with Welsh on Sunday night to react to Week seventeen. Until then, please like this video if you enjoyed it, subscribe to the Fantasy Pros YouTube channel and the podcast feed, Plus, download the My Playbook app and fill up that survey as well.
Speaker 2: For Scott Bogman. I'm Seth Willcock. Thanks for watching, Dick.
Speaker 1: Gary, y'all, thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Football podcast.
Speaker 4: If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts at Fantasypros dot com slash review, or on Spotify.
Speaker 1: Follow us on x, Instagram and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasypros