Speaker 1: All right, secrets revealed today. That's what we're doing.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's brooking Jeffrey in the morning and this is the Second Date podcast. And one of our listeners says she found the sweet spot that.
Speaker 1: Is crawling with high quality men. Yep, I gotta wait test it out after this. I mean, honestly, you were interested. I am to I still am.
Speaker 2: Okay, she's willing to reveal it in exchange for our help, and we'd love to know you know where you're meeting people.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, give us the secret places.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not fun in the comments. Yeah, and we love the comments. Alexis, what do you see today that you like?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Cassidy Stewart said, you guys need to add a segment where y'all talk and give advice to teens.
Speaker 1: Talk about messy drama. I need my drama fixed. During summer, teens don't listen very well, they don't listen.
Speaker 2: But I have to say, coaching the high schoolers, I do hear some good drama.
Speaker 1: Oh you know, maybe Alexis is intering some of.
Speaker 3: Them on here.
Speaker 1: Yeah. All right, listen, let's start your brand new Second Date right now.
Speaker 4: Second Date Update.
Speaker 5: We've been talking about it a lot this summers Broken Jeffrey in the morning, how people are moving away from the dating apps and trying to meet more in person now well.
Speaker 2: And sometimes such a time for it. You know you're feeling good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but if you're a female, where do you go? Basically anywhere outside of your own houses?
Speaker 4: And even that's probably a reach.
Speaker 5: There's a few guys who are probably living in your walls waiting for you to say no.
Speaker 4: It's okay, you can come out now. I'm ready to be seduced.
Speaker 1: Hey man, I've been wanting to date.
Speaker 4: Oh, finally got here for five months.
Speaker 5: But one of our listeners, Denise, says she decided a few months ago to switch up her strategy to get offline and hoping to meet a high profile man. So I'm very curious to hear where she ended up going to do that, and I think a lot of our female listeners are going to want to know too. So Denise, welcome to the show and tell us where'd you go to meet this guy?
Speaker 6: Hey? So I met this guy at the golf course.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you do you like golf? Or is this like you are learning just.
Speaker 4: For the dudes?
Speaker 6: You know, I'm just doing it just to meet the guys.
Speaker 4: Okay, and the.
Speaker 1: Worst thing that happens is you pick up a new hobby.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know exactly, all.
Speaker 4: Right, Okay, how did this even happen?
Speaker 5: How did you come with the idea to start going to the golf courses?
Speaker 6: I was watching a video on Instagram, I believe, and one of the influencers said that businessmen and executives like to golf.
Speaker 2: I've been told as a woman, if you want to succeed in business, you need to learn how to play golf so that you don't miss out on those meetings golf course?
Speaker 5: And did you tell whoever told you that I don't need to be told how to live my life as a woman. I'm an independent person and I can do what I want and hang out with who I want.
Speaker 1: No. I thought it was a good piece of advice.
Speaker 4: I'll I want all right.
Speaker 5: So you saw the video and you decided I want that.
Speaker 6: Yep. I need a man who is very well paid, high class, he takes his career seriously.
Speaker 1: Okay, So who did you find on the golf course?
Speaker 6: Well, I actually met a guy named Franklin.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, sounds like a rich name.
Speaker 4: How did you meet him, did he come up and help you with your swing?
Speaker 1: Or I mean it is a good easy thing to do. I don't know how to or hit him with a golf ball in accident, light hit?
Speaker 4: How did it happen?
Speaker 6: Funny enough, golf courses you don't just have to play golf. They have awesome clubhouses and bars. And that's where I met him.
Speaker 2: Okay, were you ever actually playing the game or were you just hanging out.
Speaker 6: In the bar? I was on the putting green for at least an hour.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's every part I think that you don't have to pay for.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 2: That's sort and if you bring your own cans on that okay.
Speaker 5: Tell us about how the interaction between you and Franklin went well.
Speaker 6: Over a couple of drinks, he told me that he owns a string of car washes, and I think that's pretty cool. Yeah it is, and he pretty much asked me out. So I must say. The golf course strategy works nice.
Speaker 1: In one.
Speaker 5: Eagle, we got, we got, We can do five minutes of golf puns, or we can learn more about what actually, let's learn more about what happened. So after this, Denise, did you and Franklin go out.
Speaker 4: On a date.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Well, he took me to a really nice restaurant. The date was great, the vibes were super awesome. And I've been thinking why I haven't heard from him since, and I think the ones thing that may have turned him off because you know, I'm sort of specific on how I eat. I like to bring my own.
Speaker 1: Silverware interesting to the restaurant.
Speaker 4: Yes, why like chopsticks? Because I can see that. I know people that bring chopsticks with them, like if they want.
Speaker 6: Know like my fourth you know, my knife?
Speaker 1: Why do you do that?
Speaker 6: Sometimes you can see that it's not washed properly, and people are putting the silverware in their mouth.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's a sanitary thing for you.
Speaker 4: I could see that.
Speaker 6: For me, I'd rather be safe than sorry.
Speaker 7: So I just bring my own silverware.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So in a nice restaurant, you pull out silverware from your.
Speaker 4: Purse, which is obviously a clean place to keep it. So that's good.
Speaker 6: Well, I protect my silverware. I wrap it up really nice.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: Wait, so what was his reaction when you did this?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 6: It wasn't all that great, But after I explained myself, it seemed like he was okay with it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, kind of like like we were like weird, and.
Speaker 1: Then I was like, okay, I guess you got a thing.
Speaker 4: Did you bring a fork in a knife for Franklin to.
Speaker 5: Use or was it just for a kind of selfish It.
Speaker 6: Was just myself. I didn't want to see them out too much.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so it sounds like Franklin was able to understand why you do it and you were able to move past it.
Speaker 4: How did the rest of the date go?
Speaker 6: It went pretty well. I mean, at the end, I thank them for the date. We hugged, and we said we'll talk to each other soon.
Speaker 1: It's so funny.
Speaker 2: I imagine you're wrapping up your utensils as you're doing your pleasure.
Speaker 1: I mean, honestly, do the wait staff. It probably looks like you're stealing, you know.
Speaker 6: I didn't even think of that.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, that could be something that's happening.
Speaker 5: But clearly he's not calling you back, and I'm sure he's going to be thrilled when he learns that a radio station is reaching out to him trying to get in contact.
Speaker 1: People love that, especially high class people.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm not ready to let him go yet.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't do whatever it takes.
Speaker 6: Or if it doesn't work with you guys, I'm just gonna have to go back to the golf course.
Speaker 4: Okay, and Alexus might want to go with you.
Speaker 2: So I want to hit every one of his car washes till we.
Speaker 1: Find him a right in the middle one.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I like you.
Speaker 5: We'll get some stuff done when we call him and get your second date update.
Speaker 4: Right after this second date update, it's Brooke and.
Speaker 5: Jeffrey in the morning, and right after part one ended, we got reports that thousands of single women have been flocking to the local golf courses attempting to meet high profile men. Right, that was the strategy our listener, Denise used. She heard a lot of businessmen and executives go there to hang out.
Speaker 4: It's a good place to meet guys.
Speaker 5: And that's where she met the car wash king, a guy named Franklin, and they hit it off, went out to dinner.
Speaker 4: The weird part of dinner was she brought her own silverware to the restaurant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but she knows it's weird and it's still high class because it's not a plastic fork and night like I would have pulled for my.
Speaker 4: Person and she has a decent excuse. Yes, it's a cleanliness thing for her.
Speaker 5: She explained it to Franklin, and even though he seems cool about it, he still may have thought this is a little bit too much of a high maintenance situation, and that could be the reason he's not calling her back, which.
Speaker 2: Is silly because it's not like you asked him to bring the silverware for you.
Speaker 6: That would be the part, right exactly.
Speaker 5: Okay, any last thoughts before we give Franklin a call here, Denise, No.
Speaker 6: I'm ready when you're ready.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, lets the room ready, I'm ready, We're all ready.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 1: She's confident because she knows she can just go back to the golf course. Yeah, likes this guy. Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 4: So let's just dial Franklin. Here we go. I'm calling him right now. Hello, Hey, is this Franklin?
Speaker 7: Yes it is.
Speaker 8: How can I help you?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 5: Thanks for answering. We're a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: Franklin, Good morning, Franklin.
Speaker 4: Are you busy right now?
Speaker 7: A little bit? How'd you get my number?
Speaker 5: We actually got it from one of our listeners who asked us to reach out to you. It's kind of the point of this segment. We're trying to see if you can get the two of you back together. A girl named Denise.
Speaker 7: What is this all about.
Speaker 5: This is a segment that we do. It's called a second date update. And Denise reached out to us. She told us to get a hold of you because she isn't sure why the two of you aren't hanging out again a second time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it sounds like you had a great date.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what does she tell you?
Speaker 5: I just want to get right down to business. But that makes sense about you. We heard your business guy, true.
Speaker 7: I am time is money.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, well.
Speaker 1: Cliches hard times.
Speaker 4: We won't keep you too long then.
Speaker 5: But the gist of what we heard is that you two met at a golf course. You ended up going out to dinner a few days later.
Speaker 1: It sounds like you took me to a really nice spot, which she loved.
Speaker 3: It's funny she told you all this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, we're just trying to figure out, like the idea, the general vibe of the date. And she did mention a weird thing that happened that maybe could have freaked you out a little bit, where she brought her own silverware to the restaurant.
Speaker 7: Yes, that wasn't usual.
Speaker 1: What did you think when she pulled it out of her purse?
Speaker 7: I didn't really know what to say when that happened.
Speaker 5: Hold us, she didn't pull the knife out first, because that'd be weird, I do.
Speaker 1: We're a steakhouse, right.
Speaker 3: She did take out a fourth first, and I said something along them. I don't remember exactly what I said because I was so surprised.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean if I was in your same situation, I wouldn't know what to say either.
Speaker 3: Honestly, he explained it, and it did make a certain kind of sense.
Speaker 7: I mean on a certain level.
Speaker 3: I'm a neat freak as well, so I kind of get it.
Speaker 2: I mean, it is funny that she doesn't care about the plate or the glass or anything, but.
Speaker 1: But I get it.
Speaker 5: But she was worried that maybe that was the reason that you're not calling her for a second hangout?
Speaker 4: Is that true?
Speaker 7: His thing? I just don't know if it's a good match.
Speaker 1: Because of the silver She.
Speaker 3: Came across as the silver war is one thing, but she did come across as like, I guess the term.
Speaker 7: I'm looking for is a little high maintenance. I guess that's different.
Speaker 5: What made you say like she's high maintenance? What's specifically stuck out to you?
Speaker 8: The thing that really stuck out was sh ordered potstickers, I guess for the appetizer. When they arrived to the table, she asked the waiter if if the potstickers were made from land meat land meat?
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 3: Land meat like seafood land food?
Speaker 1: That doesn't sound high maintenance. That's just is a weird question.
Speaker 3: Explain to me that a land meat is meat from an animal that has never touched water, which was confusing to me because she didn't elaborate. So I'm thinking, like, does that mean it's not fish or is this specifically something where the animal has never like it's a pig that's only been in the slop. Is it a chicken that's never been bathed? You know, like I did.
Speaker 8: A duck.
Speaker 7: And then she seemed a.
Speaker 3: Little frustrated with the waiter because he didn't know. I guess he didn't know the answer to her question. I don't think fair.
Speaker 7: I don't think he understood the question.
Speaker 4: Truthfully.
Speaker 5: The guy understands still, So the only way to clear this up is by actually talking to Denise about it, and that's going to be really easy because she's on the other line already.
Speaker 7: What do you mean she's here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's how the segment works, is we have the other person waiting to jump in and talk to you.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Okay, that's a little surprising, but I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: So Denise, are you there?
Speaker 6: Yes, I'm here. Okay, Hi, Franklin. I so we had something. I thought we could have something together the date, so.
Speaker 7: Well, yeah, no, I liked it.
Speaker 3: It was great chemistry. But it's eight days and I'm still I still really.
Speaker 7: I'm not sure what land meat is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think we all want to know. Could you clear it up?
Speaker 6: Okay? So I know it doesn't make any sense to you guys, but it makes sense to me. And that's okay because listen, the second you bite into sea meat.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's the same as seafood, right, that's fine.
Speaker 1: You call seafood seed meat.
Speaker 6: No no, no, no, no, no, no, no, you're not getting.
Speaker 5: It, Okay, seafood and sea meat are different, broke, Yeah, explain.
Speaker 6: So for land meat, that is any animal that's not touching water. So like any cow that's near a lake, that's a definite, No, ANKI narrow river.
Speaker 5: She needs a Middle American cow like a piece of beef jerky.
Speaker 4: Totally dry would be her absolute ideal.
Speaker 1: Means, why does that matter to you?
Speaker 2: Why does it matter if the cow lives by a body of water or not?
Speaker 6: Because you can taste the difference in the meat.
Speaker 1: It's like, I don't think.
Speaker 2: The cows live by a river or happier cows.
Speaker 6: Those are deaf cows.
Speaker 1: There is no science.
Speaker 3: To back up.
Speaker 6: I can't tell you about the science. I can just tell you what I taste, and it's completely different taste.
Speaker 1: This is a fishy steak.
Speaker 2: Franklin.
Speaker 6: You calling me high maintenance just because of that? Is this so ridiculous?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Franklin, I mean quirky Franklin. You may have crossed the line there, So I.
Speaker 7: Really don't see the point of apologizing for not understanding.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, do you still feel that way? After hearing her explanation of like me to.
Speaker 3: Be honest with you, I'm more confused than ever before, and so many questions. I mean, if a lamb can't take a bath, what does that even mean?
Speaker 6: What it means that it's sea meat?
Speaker 5: If it's coming to contact with water. It is officially a sea animal.
Speaker 4: I'm going to order the sea lamb next time I go to a steakhouse.
Speaker 2: There is a real way for you to know this information about the meat exactly.
Speaker 6: I shouldn't know because it's a restaurant's responsibility.
Speaker 4: That is. That's a good point.
Speaker 6: Actually, they prepare the food, they must know if it's sea meat or land meat.
Speaker 7: They do.
Speaker 5: They should have bios next to every piece of meat that you order, so that you can understand what you're putting into your body.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think now you guys can see why I think Denise is high maintenance.
Speaker 1: Okay, it is.
Speaker 6: Not high maintenance. It's high knowledge, okay, of knowing what I'm putting in my body. And quite frankly, Franklin, you should do the.
Speaker 5: Same, yes, especially with how much time he spends around water with all those car washes.
Speaker 4: You need to be careful. You're basically sea meat at this point, Franklin.
Speaker 5: So, actually, I don't even know if Denise would want to hang out with you a second time.
Speaker 6: It sounds like he's not that interested in me, So I'll just exit first.
Speaker 5: Miss your chance, Franklin. I'm sorry, not even going to offer you a secondary.
Speaker 3: I'm going to try to find a meat eating cow for lunch.
Speaker 4: That's just cannibal is that's weird? What are you doing?
Speaker 1: Chickens are kind of into it.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, at least.
Speaker 7: I got to chuckle out of this, I guess, and I dodged a bullet because you're probably going to.
Speaker 3: Be bullet talking.
Speaker 6: Why are you still talking?
Speaker 4: Let's just hang up on.
Speaker 3: This guy, to be honest, I'm a little dehydrated.
Speaker 4: Sea boyokie Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: And do you ever feel like maybe we're going to be on the wrong side of history for this one meat?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: For a long time people laughed and scoffed at the idea of gluten free bread or vegan bone broth or mushroom laced coffee.
Speaker 4: Now look at it.
Speaker 1: Vegan bone broth.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a thing I've been in a few years.
Speaker 5: Land meat and sea meat are gonna be common terms popping up on restaurant menus all over the country.
Speaker 4: We're gonna be so confused, like kind of get of ice water?
Speaker 2: No ice?
Speaker 4: No water?
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm just calling it now.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna say we were wrong, just to protect us in the future.
Speaker 4: When we come back.
Speaker 5: We can't get canceled. Land meat is cool, So there you go.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna risk it, jeff.
Speaker 5: Dark Side, But if you ever want help with your dating life, we'll do our best not to judge you and all your quirks.
Speaker 4: Just email us.
Speaker 5: We'll call that person who's not calling you back, and go check out all of our Second Date podcasts.
Speaker 4: They're up online wherever you get yours. That Brooke and Jeffrey