Speaker 1: He is drink chants, motherfucking podcast man. He's a legendary queens rapper. He ain't agree. That's your boy in O R E.
Speaker 2: He's a Miami hip hop pioneer, put up as d J E f N.
Speaker 1: Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players, you know what I mean. And the most professional, unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drunk drink chans mo das New Year's c That's it's time for drink Champions. Drink up, motherfucker mother. What a good be hoping the winship be This your boy in O R E? What up is DJ E f N? And this minitamy? You have to make some of the now.
Speaker 3: This brother here man comes from one of the craziest cities in the world. He's been putting this down since two thy and eleven. Everybody in the industry, nobody has nothing bad to say about him. That I that I came in cross with. This is our first episode of twenty twenty four. We are so happy to be back and to introduce shot Town's own the one and only motherfucking g Herbo.
Speaker 1: Going on. What's the word? What's going on? Good man? I'm happy to be here. Man, Okay, you're a funny Marcael y'all good? Yeah heah yeah, man, So what happened?
Speaker 3: Just tell the people because I know you did a phone call like explain to some of it. But Jame, you got get a drink. I want to ask stories with a club, so down a limit. Ah, So what happened?
Speaker 1: So look, Marco first and foremost like that's my man had a relationship probably to doing the interview and shit.
Speaker 2: So originally Sizzle was supposed.
Speaker 1: To did the interview like okay for the episode and they had it like his production staff told us to like troll them like it was supposed to be a surprise to come on that to control him. Oh weren't originally just own bullshit with you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: But we was a little.
Speaker 1: Like off the salt was you know what I'm saying, extra overboard. But the whole thing was to come on there and like intimidate him on his own show, like pulling him on him, put on him. Yeah, and I spoke to him like before it even came out, and you know what I'm saying, we was good, Like I ain't know where if it was like a confusion between our staff and his production team where they was thinking we didn't want it to come out.
Speaker 2: We was like, no, it's cool. I ain't really tripping.
Speaker 1: You feel what I'm saying, Like public perception and what people going to take from it, that's another thing, But that's the name of the game. That's what come with it, you feel, I'm saying, we got to be able to take that you feel. But it wasn't like no bad blood or no no shit like that, you know what I'm saying. Like I know they was because he was saying like after it came came out, like no, take it down, take it down, like we ain't never do that, Like I ain't never tell him like nah, bro, we got us looking crazy and some shing like that.
Speaker 2: It was still all love.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. What's you surprise how I l that went? Yeah? I was wherever was you at? Well was when it happened, Like I mean like when you was in Atlanta. I had hit him like I hit him and told him like no, it's good. You knowee what I'm saying, like the ship with with with the Watch and all that ship, Like, bro, I got you up. You know what I'm saying. You know, it's had on something. At one point, Bro, we was doing so what you say, But no, I was like, it's all love, bro. I know, like had came out to the internet. It looked like Nigga was on some bullying ship. That's that's that was a word that was thrown around, like bullying, and that's what That's when I really like took yours. But I didn't want to like put nothing on the internet or like I don't know how to really play the internet, like go back and forth, even when it's defending myself. Like you know what I'm saying, I know, if it's real love between brun we got to understand that that was all that mattered to me as long as he knew it was the respect between us still, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I mean me as outside of looking in I saw it. I thought that was a joke that everybody was in on it.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, like he always too that was come and like troll him and intimidate on the show. But then when they tried to spend it like we was on some bullying ship, That's when I'm like, no, I ain't really with that you feel me because I got fans that probably you know what I'm saying, situations with bullying, and I ain't with that.
Speaker 3: I got kids, right, because he always does that awkward stare right like he like like he tried to make you seem like you ain't making sense.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm scared of that show.
Speaker 2: That's his whole interview style.
Speaker 1: You got really like like the people who had the best interviews with him, the people who could like troll him back to switch it back on. Yeah, that's what we taught.
Speaker 3: Let's make no noise for you now. Now we all heard the rumors of uh, you supposed to be going to jail for five years by the grace of God. You know what I mean, you motherfucking you. You was on vacation, but you left on probation. Goddamn goddamn drink that Jesus Oh ship, that swiggling like a catwoman.
Speaker 1: Holy mo. So what happened?
Speaker 3: Like you gotta be fuckingstatic, man?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, man, you know God man for real, we got to get all praise to God for show, but just you know, staying alone, staying the course and a lot of.
Speaker 2: Money for show.
Speaker 1: You know what, I'm saying a lot of to stay free, and at the end of the day, it was taking accountability. You feel me for a minor role in some ship, you know what I'm saying, and just me being a kid being I aid to the fact I don't like everybody that know me, and I'm being personal like I did some ship.
Speaker 2: I really was able to sit across from.
Speaker 1: My judge and tell them, like, you know what I'm saying, I barely know, not even use my cell phone, like I ain't never committed fraud against nobody. You know what I'm saying. You feel me like I was accepting full accountability for whatever my role was in the whole situation. You know what I'm saying. I wasn't doing that to further my career or nothing like that.
Speaker 2: She's doing PPP loss.
Speaker 1: Nah, they thought I was doing some shit like basically using funds or fraud or cards or whatever identity of some shit to fun videos and shit like that. I've been making money since I was sixteen years old, off rap already. I was already well off when that whole situation to court. You feel what I'm saying, It was basically me paying for goods like basically like if I'm a jet, I'm paying half for the shit. Like if it's forty thousand, I paid twenty thousand. I gotta have cash already to do this shit, you know what I'm saying. So it's like it was a situation like that, but I was seventeen eighteen at the time. I'm twenty eight you feel me, my judge, No, I never even think about committing any type of crimes. I'm a real father, bade and citizen. I pay taxes, you know what I'm saying. So it's like it's really just with me accepting full accountability as a man in my and my judge really knowing you know what I'm saying, I'm trying to still straight and be on the up and up, you feel me, And really I believe in being vulnerable and just talking about situations because you know where to help the next generation that helped you, somebody looking up to me, you know what I'm saying, Because you got to just accept about it and whatever role or whatever you do in life and whatever is, you got to be able to just stand up and take whatever punishment if there is a punishment. You know what I'm saying that My judge knew I was willing to do that, and by the grace of God, he let me walk out black judge, white judge, white judge space noise for white judge. I don't know my judge, Sure, he definitely gave me grace, you know what I'm saying, and my family in there, and I was able to walk.
Speaker 3: Out a free man. God damn. One thing that's just so like me going through life.
Speaker 1: Right. I always know, like.
Speaker 3: The guy with the ice gral, he's probably not the guy that likes he's throwing up a front. One thing about you, You smile, and I believe your smile. That lets me know that you've been through a lot.
Speaker 1: Appreciated bro, because one of the motherfuckers smile and it's sincere like when you smile, I smile like I've seeing you Like, I'm like, yeah, nigga, I don't know what you're going through. You was listening to my song.
Speaker 3: One day more than he was having a Puerto Rican was having a goddamn ball. I was like, Damn, I'm not I'm not there, but.
Speaker 1: I can tell without you.
Speaker 3: You know, you don't have to be bragging or whatever.
Speaker 1: Whatever.
Speaker 3: I can tell you've been through things? Is rap something that is it all that you thought it was gonna be?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like on the flip side though, like me like what I mean and what I thought it was gonna be as far as like the pros that come with it, nah, but like just the responsibility and what you take on and just like actually like I believe in like purpose and that like I really feel like I was meant to do anything I'm doing that while adversity everything I ever had to overcome. That's why I'm able to smell. That's why I just be so grateful for any situation. I take the bad with the good, and I don't really look at the bad like it's a bad. I just try to learn whatever situation I'm going through so I could come out on top of it. Like that's why I'm able to just be able to smell through all the bullshit. So what I mean like I felt like what I mean by when I said, yeah, that it was everything I thought it was gonna be because I really had vision for this, even as when I first like made a decision like all, I bet I'm finna really do this raption?
Speaker 2: And what age was that when you made that decision.
Speaker 1: Come to yeah, like on the serious tip, like yeah, like sixteen years old, six ten years old, for real, for real. It was like I always had the vision to be this one day, Like I always wanted to do it independing route better on myself. You feel what I'm saying. I always hear aspirations of being able to be in a conversation with like you know what I'm saying my peers in the greatest, Like.
Speaker 2: I'm saying this because I'm a humble nigga.
Speaker 1: I don't want to jump the gun, but I always wanted to be considered like a legend, like I looked up to the holes the waynes and I want to be considered like you're letting niggas, You're letting your nigga. I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I got for real though, bro, So I knew what it was gonna take to get there. So I took everything that came with this ship, all the ugly and I never complained about it. I just did it, and it always benefited me because now I'm here, Like you said, you know what I'm saying, So it's like that's what I mean on the flip side of it, because it.
Speaker 2: Ain't always like glittering gold.
Speaker 1: People on the outside looking in and they think this ship sweet, like it's, oh yeah, what's some of the ugly? So people, the ugly is just being able to take a loss, whatever the loss is, you know what I'm saying, Because all this ship come with losses and trials and tribulations, being able to take that, especially as a man and a leader. Like I was just talking to my brother the other day, like everybody don't got the ability to be able to lead in general, Like not even with no music, just your household, everybody in a family. I just told them, like, everybody gonna stop what they're doing and follow you if that's what you say. If they if you say go left, you people gonna go left. Like the ability to lead. I always heard that. So when you got that, it's a lot of weight that come on your shoulders. You know, I've been in that roads. It's alway sixteen seventeen years old. So it's like all the ugly, that's the downs that come with that shit, because it's like you gotta deal with family, you gotta deal with music, you gotta make all the sacrifices to be like, oh what a by any means type of you know what I'm saying, shit attitude. You feel me like it's whatever it takes for me to get there. Sometimes you might hurt the people you love along the way. Sometimes you might lose people along the way. But by any means, I'm still gonna get that you feel I'm saying a lot of people don't really get that drive and that dedication and that shit like a gift and a curse because they put a lot of stress on you. I had a lot of stress on me since I was a kid, but I always just took that ship and rode it and like made that ship look easy. You know. I'm like niggas say I'm smiling, but it's like you don't know what a nigga going through. I'm just grateful for everything that comes with this ship. You feel me. So, we can't have a bad day as a rapper. You can't have a bad You can't have a bad if you're not in the mood to take a picture, to stay homes over with, don't do through the shows, don't go You know what I'm saying, You can't have no bad days no matter what you feel me. You know how that ship. Yet when you think Drake is sending that hook, well, I'm gonna get old Drake. Ass. I just feel like it's coming broke, broke, I really I ain't gonna lie. I got out of like the mood of just sending songs though I'll be having so much going on.
Speaker 3: So you're trying to tell you Drake actually to send a song, and you said.
Speaker 1: No, no, Hell, I sent them the song. I sent them songs. But I really feel like I really just get in anyway, like type of time bro on. Yeah, like we say the same stupid thing. Stud that's that nineties. That's why the music came out.
Speaker 3: Better back then is because we didn't have the option to send versus like if you have to do a record with Fat Joe Chemisal.
Speaker 1: I had to go to they had to go to their studio. They had to go to your studio. Chemistry, and you build a bond that comes through in the music. I feel like my best ship come out like that. Anyways, you're together. You got a lot of features. You're telling me. Most of your features is yeah, I'll be here, Yeah, I'll pull up, You'll go to hell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay for real, we're gonna get to that. You've got a lot of features. Goddamn it, everybody hip hop love you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I heard you say one time you don't think hip hop love you back.
Speaker 1: I was saying that on some like not the industry, but not the love that you actually get from being in hip hop. What I mean, like you know how that should go, like they love you, they hate you, then they love you again. Yeah, everything over come. Yeah, all the adversaries. So if you don't know that, people don't take that, That's what I mean, Like, you gotta look at it like they don't love you back, so you don't expect nothing. Just do you you feel what I'm saying. Nah, I'm talking about like nigga, Yeah, I can't because I know you strategy. That's that's how you that. That's why I keep.
Speaker 3: I can say, never play talk about yourself wrong because your body doesn't understand your pot You know what I'm saying saying?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Deep?
Speaker 1: Come on, man, let me get that right there, because with thinking that, you know, sometimes it just put you in the manse that like you're not being as motivated, like don't care. You know what I'm saying, like I'll be trying to put myself in the man said to always be motivated. I don't want to have no date just thinking about negative ship too, right, I gotta do some like productive in some type of way.
Speaker 3: Let me let me, let me ask you about about your city, right, one that I used to go to the Chicago. You know, I got family in Chicago. Got Spanish and Black family in Chicago. They don't talk to each other, but yeah, they gang, they opposite gangs.
Speaker 1: They don't fucking each other.
Speaker 4: And I'm not making they're gonna try to bring them together to the They're not family, right, Oh, I guess you got he got Puerto Rican family that are family that don't talk. Don't you got that too? You got that too.
Speaker 3: But Shottown, Chicago is a beautiful city. But then it's it's.
Speaker 1: The flip side show. Do you still live in shot Town? No? No, hell no, I just go back to go visit family and go take care of benness I've been.
Speaker 2: That was one of the things that like I did first, like I.
Speaker 1: Just here to get in a mental headspace where I couldn't be in Chicago that shots too. It was crowding me. I got out of Chicago when I was like twenty one, twenty two years old. Yeah, I've been at it. You believe that most rapids downfall is staying in their own city for sure? Yeah, because it ain't even got a lot to do it to. Hey, it's just the you know, the comfortability too. You get too comfortable around your people. Everybody know you. You get accessible like a lot of this ship just you know, like you got to lead or become bigger than the city. I tell you I can't. When I go to New York.
Speaker 3: It's the worst thing for me because one I don't know how to not answer the phone right.
Speaker 1: Like, I got that problem. Got that problem? Oh, get out of that. Get out of that.
Speaker 3: I've been going through it for twenty years. You don't want that problem. You gotta learn how to cut people off. I don't because I trying eventually still answer.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: I'm not supposed to be with this dude. I know. I know what. I posted a picture at Newark Airport. This dude hits me. I tell him where the hotel is. He's like cocaine. Still, he just left the block. Why why did I do this? What am I trying to prove did I still got connections. It's the comfortability, I'm telling your nigga, just comfortable like these my people's holy molyam.
Speaker 3: But so for a person who's never been to shot Town, can you describe it?
Speaker 1: I always do. Like everybody like that's never been there, they feel like it's just like the wild wild West running around there everywhere. It's really like he said, that ship super beautiful. You got good ass food, a lot of good restaurants. When I'm when I'm in the city, I don't really go to my old neighborhood. I'll be over there. You feel me. I be low key downtown and all the beautiful parts and ship. So it's like you go down there, it's got good shopping, good food. You feel me. But you just gotta like be in that realm of things. You feel me. Once you go to Chicago and you want some tourist ship trying to go ride through old Block, everybody the city's anybody try to do that, and now you feel like tourists and ship. I used to do that every place. I used to do that too. As soon as it's to do, you're gonna go to the trenches immediately, You're gonna go to whatever hood right there. You know what I'm saying, Like, you know but if we knowing what's came with that back then it's before the really like when I started traveling twenty eleven, twenty twelve, going to New York, going to all these places and stuff like that, like Internet one really super lit like that everybody wasn't posting everything, so we was going right to the hoods soon as you touch down in any place, you feel me like. But now people going down to the hood they record podcast out broadcasting where you are anything coming that your tours. It ain't even gotta people be the people who from around now that fuck with you. You know what I'm saying that you don't know who watching your page.
Speaker 2: You feel me like, and they know you before you ever know who they are.
Speaker 1: Exactly you feel me But like Chicago is smooth or Brian, I go back home because I love be on my fa beautiful city. Hell Ya, I tell people all the time you go out there, you really enjoy yourself and ship little spots. You gonna go kick it chill this place you could be with your kids and ship. You know what I'm saying, It's super smooth. You got beaches out there too. Yeah, we got lakes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that type of shit lakes. Now they got a lake. It's a lake, bro, No, it's a leach.
Speaker 1: Spots beach that beaches, but it's it's basically Lake Michigan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bro, what you think name was by an ocean man?
Speaker 1: What you think I see a beach lake? Only got ship. I can't lie to you.
Speaker 3: My brother brought me to he said, one of the number one piece of spots in the world, Chicago. It was called come on you, you got to eat the pizza with a fork in the night.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: That's not they took the Donalds.
Speaker 1: He tried to come on with the deep disch, but people from Chicago don't eat deep dish. But really, yeah, that's right. New York we got the best life. That's like tour stopped. Y'all. Man, you want to clap. You know New York got the best pizza. New York got the best piz De Troy pizza is good, though I ain't never heard. I never heard nobody nobody you what what are you gonna say? Jk just joking, yeah, just kidding. No, it's no Jesus Detroit but big up to the trick trick. You know that's my people out there. Oh ship boom, you better got blue Booe cross Yeah yeah are they have Yeah they have of course yeah yeah your hell you got a bulletproof. Put me on level six for the bomb proof or thing damn bomb proof the Cadillac Cadillac truck like like two eighty four.
Speaker 2: That's not bad actually, but you're not trying to go to war.
Speaker 1: Now, trying to make sure, like I ain't gonna lie, bro, growing up in the streets, like I always hit a mass. I never put nobody out love in Harm's weight, no matter like even with like I'm just paranoid.
Speaker 2: I don't even be having ship going on.
Speaker 1: I get I get real love in my city, bro, like I'll be able to pop out and shit. But always like even like what I'm saying is when I was young as a kid, like I never when I used to drive cars, I always had cars sixteen seventeen. I never used to have my mom in the car. I never used to have my sister in a car because I just was paranoid if anything happened. I'm putting people that I love and Harm's way always saying, I'm going to be able to make sure my people safe when I really get some real money. You feel me. So I'm round with my kids. I want to make sure no matter what, my kids, everybody that I love family is safe.
Speaker 2: When we ran in Chicago, you never know what.
Speaker 3: Cars just for Chicago, Yeah for real, Okay in Chicago like that, ain' you're gonna make nobody want to go to Chicago right now?
Speaker 1: No, it ain't even that. It's just like you don't never know what happened. You know, it's dangerous everywhere. You treating me what you just said, and Kanye, this isgerous.
Speaker 2: Just like it's different.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Like you never and what I'm saying is I'm from there. You never know who love you, who hate you? You know what I'm saying. So it's like I got to make sure I'm straight at all times.
Speaker 3: I don't take no chances that a car is that everywhere kind of it's just Chicago morning.
Speaker 2: I mean everywhere, a lot of rappers. You know what I'm saying. Go back home and feel like that.
Speaker 1: You feel me especially, you know that paranoia not you know, you gotta always be on point anyway. Because you're an artist. Everybody know you gotta like you showing love. You don't know if they live real or not. You just gotta always be on your square all times, you know what I'm saying. You know what's crazy about That's what I feel like being in Chicago because I don't know who was who? You know what's crazy about Chicago. I remember at one.
Speaker 3: Point I used to go to queens Bridge, right, and it's to be A and R's just hanging out in queens Bridge. They didn't know they was in the most drug infested places in the world. They're just sitting there trying to find another nos and they're sitting there trying to find another mob deep. It's so many people that go to the coast side rack trying to find another version of y'all, and they putting themself at harm's.
Speaker 2: Way, and sometimes they got to do that though they take that risk. I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 1: That's why you got a shout out to Mickey Houston. Bro. That was that when I first started rapping. That was my that was my manager at the time. Heat when I first met him, Bro, I was what sixteen seventeen years old, probably no I was fifteen, like fifteen sixteen, and I always been bad with phones. You see how I just pulled up my phone all cracked up, and shit, I've been like that and I always lose phones like so, and I know numbers about herd I promise you I know everybody knowing that be with me about heart and shit. So I used to like not have a phone and not really get no fuck, just be standing on the block posted up all day because shit, that's what everybody outside anyway, if I could get in.
Speaker 2: Touch with whoever. But he really used to pull up looking for me on my block.
Speaker 1: I'm fifteen years old, with his family, got his kids, his wife and the cars, kids like two three years old. He pulling up like what heard? You feel what I'm saying because he was trying to be my manager, and shit, you feel what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And that made me gravitate to him.
Speaker 1: I'm like, damn, this nigga really pulling up right here with his fans dangers and the dangerous reds on Save Life and pulling up four five times like straight, like come on, show y'all fuck with you, Like damn, He's silent for that with his family though, like he's coming from church doing this too.
Speaker 2: But it's a little crazy. But how was it working with Juice world?
Speaker 1: Man? Juice was he was like a if you could describe it, it's like one of them, like one of the billion phenomenons. Like when you see him, I ain't even I'm not even being funny like when you when we first ever met Juice, and we just used to see his recording process alone, like how he used to get in the studio and make like six songs in a role. But damness, like he then made twelve thirteen songs because for each song he doing two three covers with different patterns, Like he's not saying the same shit now hesing the same hook. He doing this for like fast six songs straights, but making two three covers and the first shit he's saying so hard. Were not wanting him to erace it, were like, what the fuck he's racing it? Afterwards he yeah, he ain't even no more.
Speaker 2: He's not statching no version.
Speaker 1: He's just using the one he wanted to use. We like, man, like it was some crazy shit. We never seen nothing like that, man. And it's as just like I was.
Speaker 2: Really in love with the craft like the art of it.
Speaker 1: You feel what I'm saying. And it was weird working with him like at first, and like because he was like his ship. He he he's such a natural red talent. And that was back when I was there and still writing versus a long time, like I'll be off.
Speaker 2: The top now I look like okay, I heard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But that was like when I was really still ranking on the phone and he used to go so like quick freestyling so and that shit was so hard. I'm like, it's taking me a long time and like you feel me? Like I felt like I couldn't really like vab like that. But he one of the reasons why I stopped writing a little bit, Like I just used to like go off the vab with him here and make you do ten fifteen songs like you feel what I'm saying because I'm looking at it like I ain't gonna lie. It was crazy now I'm looking back at it and now that little bro dead, Like I wasn't really realizing like how much he really looked up to me. You feel what I'm saying, like like on a like him being a fan of my music. I'm so a fan of his shit because I've never seen nothing like him before, and he's so big, but he's just such a genuine person. He not even really realizing how big he is for real, for he happy to just be doing what he's doing. You feel what I'm saying, Like he trying to do songs with me because he thinking he's stacking up fifteen g herbro versus. And I'm telling him, like, Surety, you the biggest shit in the world, Like I'm not finna be rapping on all these songs because all he's not even gonna come out, Bro, you pop star shit, we might drop one of these for my al one of these for yours for real. But I feel like he was challenging me to be better too, like you feel me. But I'm not even looking at it like that, you know, like it was just that nigga he when I look back at it, like that's like I never seen nobody like that, you feel me, Like, and I didn't heard that shit from like Pluto, from Thug, like from motherfucker that like them really the goats of this shit, you know what I'm saying, Like that really didn't locked in with Bro and seeing his recording process and feeling like that's some shit they ain't ever seen before. The lass was different.
Speaker 3: Do you think Juice world saw how big he was prior to him passing.
Speaker 1: I mean yeah, I feel like yeah, and then no one away could just knowing him, he's so humble, like he wasn't really like you feel he was just in love with the art of him music and he knowing he's big as fuck. Of course he knowing, but it's like, I don't even I think he was having so much fun with it. He wasn't even flying on how big he could go, Like I feel me, he wasn't even like on some as far as like just embracing it, like that's the thing. That's what I mean. I feel like he would have been ten times bigger if he just embraced how big he was. You feel him just being such a real pure soul. He ain't even like popping it. We used to tell them, like pop it, shorty, like get out here ship on niggas, Like that was never his thing, Like we've been telling him to do that, like boy shit on niggas. Well. You the one, you feel me like, act like you the one he never was on that you feel me, That's what I mean great, I'm bouncing around on a little bit. I'm bouncing around little right.
Speaker 3: This is something that I always wanted to ask people from Chicago.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: They said that there was a plot to kind of like get rid of all the ogs, like you know, the Larry.
Speaker 1: Hoovers, right, Like, Yeah, I used to hear about that ship.
Speaker 3: And that's how the city became wild, like it is you think that's true?
Speaker 1: I believe shit if it's like, I ain't gonna say I'm like a conspiracy theorist like belief type of nigga, but like once I hear like how they break it down and ship, Yeah, I do believe that she was true because it's not no coincidence how shit happened and don't happen you feel, I'm saying, like, no matter regardless, I can't. I'm I'm twenty eight, so I can't really say what really really happened in the past. But as far as it when me knowing when I grew up and being no guidance out here for real, it wasn't like you feel, I'm saying. You even had people who was like and that's crazy you said that. Because I was having a conversation with one of my homies not too long ago, Like like even in certain neighborshoods, people was really even scared to even feel like, all right, I got authority, like I'm finna try to tell these little shorties what to do or not be out here or don't you know what I'm saying, because they scared to get on some kingp and shit they thinking the fuck going grabbing them just being having like the ability to tell people what to do or orchestra even if it is some positive outcome, like like these might be a neighborhood full of street niggas who got criminal charges or whatever, but one person come and be like, all right, I'm finis straightening this shit up. They might really look at them like they own some chief type shit. You feel me, And they ain't doing nothing but trying to make the shit better. You feel me like I was having a conversation with my homie like and that's basically touching on the same point you just mad.
Speaker 6: Remember it's not a conspiracy Moore cointil pro It has been proven that that's the real thing that the FBI was doing back then, exactly depending on what you think the intention was.
Speaker 1: But they was really doing that and they was bringing people in.
Speaker 6: There was taking a part of these organizations from the top, and those organizations back then were really.
Speaker 3: Trying to do community based things. It wasn't really street shit back exactly. Like like my brother, he's Latino. But when COMPETI Green was up, you know, I wanted to go to COMPETI Green. This is a good time projects, funny dude. I was like, Yo, I gotta go. I got like, this is this restaurant called Sammy's. You know, it's fried chicken, spies, It's nothing crazy, but I had to go. My brother got you know, the coat sign and when I got there, I felt the most safest I ever felt in my life. It was I felt like everyone was just around just like yo, Norway's here, like you know what I mean. And the police came searched me and Ship, the whole neighborhood was with me, like yo, get leaning over alone.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh Ship. That was in the nineties though, yeah, exact thing about Chicago though, like people you were feel that type of love, you know what I'm saying, and like that being a project. I ain't from no project building, but back then when projects was up, like everybody knew everybody. So basically in the project, it's probably eighty sixty percent of the ass all related families and shit, staying all through this shit. So you feel me, you would get that type of vibe. Somebody funck with you. They gonna definitely make sure you straight. I'm sure you probably felt some real love because I didn't been to New York and felt like that, Like young nigga like eighteen years old, and I'm going outside and I'm really feeling like, oh, I'm posting up in New York for two hours, three hours, I'm all through all types of boroughs. You feel what I'm saying, like, you don't really feel like that, and when you go to the hood and just embrace it, you feel me Like, Now.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about ptsd D. I know we were talking about juice word earlier, but that's about.
Speaker 1: You think you have PTSD. Yeah, what is that? Post traumatic post stress disorder? Yeah, I got diagnosed with it. Really, that's the ship that motherfuckers in Wall get right, Yeah, but you can get what. Yeah, I had. That was was I was going to therapy though. That was when I first started going to therapy. Therapy, so age, but continue, Yeah, I started going to therapy prob what year that was two thousand and nineteen, twenty eighteen, and just talking to my therapist, she diagnosed me with post roumatic stress disorder because I was really I I was fighting the case at the time though, Like I had got arrested in twenty eighteen when my son was born. Y'all got arrested for some gun in Chicago. That's when I was living in Chicago. I feel me right before I moved to LA and I was really just you know me living out there. I ain't had no security, you feel what I'm saying. And I was even in that situation, like I said, accountability. I'm talking to my therapist like I ain't never really feel safe leaving out my house as I was fourteen, fifteen years old. You feel what I'm saying, Wow, And we haven't.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 1: I was with with with south Side when it happened that situation when I got arrested for the guns. You feel me, Like Bro was already a millionaire. He had security with him. You feel what I'm saying. They was able to get his security guard. Cello was on the case. He did that, guys, So that was his security guard who we paid staff. You feel what I'm saying. I'm living in Chicago, I wasn't able to have no security guard, So me carrying the firearm, I was, you know what I'm saying, basically just telling my therapist. I'm telling the same shit with the lawyer on fire the case. But I was able to get off on that well misdemeanor. You feel what I'm saying. But at the end of the day, I really like I didn't even know what they're like, the therapy, the whole situation to me going like it was me taking a chance. You feel what I'm saying. I was, I ain't really open up to like nobody in my life. You did it on your own. You chose to go to therapy on your own. Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: It was really like it wasn't no court stipulation.
Speaker 1: Nothing like that. I was talking to my lawyer and my lawyer like kind of insistent on me going, and I just took the chance and just really went on my own. You feel me. But like I said, like taking that leadership role early on, it just I don't really I feel like me complaining about my situation and what I got going on to the people around that that's really depending on me. It's like, that's not really you know what I'm saying, That's that's the I feel like that's the that's that's what's what's really wrong, like with for lack of a burn term with it, I'm trying to say, like that the stipulation that that they that they put on black men growing up, just not being able to open up people around you and your family, open up to your mother, open up to your girl, to whoever. You can't do that, take it on, you know what I'm saying. So it's like it ain't nobody referring therapy. So it's like I was really I I didn't even feel like it was going to be helpful at first, to be honest, you know what I'm saying. When I first started going. But it was though, like life, just me just talking to to her about everything I grew up, like experiencing and everything that I was going through as a man at that time. And she just went on her own and and diagnosed me with postramatic stress disorder and actually sent it to the courts when I was fighting the case at the time. And that's how I was able to really get get off on the whole situation and get and get it down to a to a misdemeanor. Basically, what do they give you for that? Yeah, I had, I got diagnosed, I got the medical card they gave me. Yeah, yeah that's fire. Yeah, I got my car legally. Yeah, that's how I was able to get it through having postramatic stressed disorder, you know. But and it's like, man, really, that's why I had I named my album PTSD because it all happened around the same time, and that's why I put all those people that I had lost on my cover, like it was over fifty people on the fifty dead faces. You feel what I'm saying because I'm talking about all this and therapy. You feel what I'm saying, like everything I experience, and it's like just the reality of a nigga experiencing seeing so much depth. But you were able to just act normal all day, navigate through your life like ain't nothing going on. You're still going to school and it's still going to work, and they're still providing for their family, taking care of their kids. But all it's still on your mind every day. And if we don't really talk about it, it's like you got to find a way to like compartmentalize with all of that. You feel me, you can't really hold it in and still think you're going to have a level playing field when you're dealing with life.
Speaker 2: You're going to always be on a roller coaster, you feel what I'm.
Speaker 1: Saying because and on that yeah, is because most times were you really able to release and be yourself, you around the people that you're most comfortable with and them people you love. So you probably exploding on your woman, exploding on your kids, or you know what I'm saying, on your mom, whoever the case may be. You feel me so like because you or you really like hold it in where you just go to make a decision that you can't in and shit come back from for the rest of your life. That's how nigga wind up getting killed, Nigga wind up going to jail because you wearing this shit on your shoulder and then you snap what a ten second decision costs you the rest of your life, you know what I'm saying. So it's like that's why I started to like open up about therapy and name my album PTSD and just openly just wear that shit because I felt like that was the time of my life when I was most vulnerable.
Speaker 3: So I was just rapping about was any soldiers offended by that, because like I guess that's the most of the people who get diagnosed with that.
Speaker 1: No, because I really I did, really get clinically diagnosed. So I'm opening up about therapy. You feel what I'm saying. And I was like, I wasn't saying I was like first hearing like paying hamage to the soldiers, But I was talking about like how people who live regular everyday last suffer from the same you know what I'm saying, diagnosis that somebody who go to war who signed up you know what I'm saying, not saying that they work is unnoticed. Of course. The people put their life on the line every day, on the on the scale that we couldn't even imagine, you feel, and everybody's different. At the end of the day, it's people who live every day life that didn't sign up for that. At the end of the day, it is what it is. Post Man stresses saw its post Man stresses sort, no matter how you put it.
Speaker 6: And it depends on like people get it in car accident. People have a car exactly. They get like it was just you guys, yeah, domestic abutiy and they get that ship one robbed one time.
Speaker 2: People. They get posted like.
Speaker 1: Its really having like certain situations that you've been through that that triggered you on on a day to day basis. So it might be one thing that happened ten years ago, but it's like every time you get in the car, like you said, you're thinking about the situation. Every time you're on the bus stop, you're thinking about the situation because something happened on the bus stop. Right. Let me ask you, how did you become as wise?
Speaker 3: Like, because I know we touched on the fact that you're twenty eight, but your brain is not twenty eight like you you advanced and this shit Like I sit here like almost like I'm talking to my pair, like I know you younger than me, but your brain ain't telling me that.
Speaker 1: At all, Like how'd you get that? Wise? Man? I think I just really to be honest, i'mna be completely hungry with you. Man. I've just been outside for a long time, really, just since I was probably twelve thirteen years old. I've been hang on my big brother, he older, he five years older than me and just you.
Speaker 3: Know, just for five years older than he's thirty three. Yeah, okay, which means that he forty three, right, basically cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Wise, It's like I've just been always and I don't really got nothing to do with like how I think, of course, but like I think, I just I looked up to him and already hear like some type of structure just being my own own man. You feel what I'm saying it And while I grew up at it is like you gotta I ain't even being I ain't even lying, bro.
Speaker 2: Like you've done it, even if you're not in the streets.
Speaker 1: You gotta dan that be wise or you gotta like be a little It's like you gotta be a little witty in some type of way growing up while I came up, you feel what I'm saying, because everybody like out for something, everybody wants something about you. You feel what I'm saying. So when I'm fifteen, sixteen years old and I'm trying to rap in at the end of the day, my name, I'm buzzing, I'm really in my neighborhood, I'm having all types of street shit going on. You feel me. So it's like I gotta be twice as sharp, Like I really want hanging over people my age. I was hanging with people older than me. I'm thirteen, I'm hanging around eighteen, nineteen, twenty, sometimes twenty five years. You feel what I'm saying, and I gotta you know, I'm gonna get a lot of credit to my pops. Two though my dad put a lot of a lot of structure in me growing up. You feel me. But when when I was outside in the streets, I was on my own, though, you feel You're like I just had to take what he gave me and try to use that to navigate. You feel me, But I don't know. It was just experienced a lot of life. I've been through a lot of shit early on and just like took it for what it is, Like you know, I think that's why, like going back to the therapy that shit helped me, because like the shit was so normal where I come from. Like you can't really complain about I feel like I said that before, and I don't want to sound like crazy or like bias or nothing. Like I feel like a nigga like me, I feel like I can't even complain about my situation or whatever I go through because I didn't seen and experience much worse in the hood where I come from. Like you think your situation bad and you look at one of your homies like, damn, he got it worse, way worse. Well, this nigga got it ten times worse than me, Like it make you just over grateful. Like that's how I had that mentality when I was younger, because I'm seeing shit like you know, I didn't been in the trenches. What shit is so fucked up? Like nigga's growing up even worse than I'm seeing. So it's like, damn, I always had a reason to just be like, my sh it ain't so bad. You feel me, even if the worst of the worst situations you feel me.
Speaker 3: I want you to enjoy a little more, man enjoy it because I got I got a friend I don't want to say his name. We hang out right, and then we don't even want to take pictures because we got survivors re morese. We're just sitting around thinking like a once we take a picture, there's gonna be people hating bro, and that's like fucked up. Like our wives were looking at each other like yo, some suckers, like we out like three days a week and like y'ah no, we're we're over here.
Speaker 1: We don't want to take this picture.
Speaker 2: Like fuck that I gotta I got a real album calls.
Speaker 1: That's what I said. That that's what But I know I'm knowing. But it's like the ship that's like second nature though you feel me. I don't even think Nigga intentionally really beat. It's like like you said, like in the beginning of the interview, like you ask your phone so much sometimes you just don't even want to deal with the energy of certain ship that's just not even changed my dad or more you feel me all the time, never changed, man, I say that ship all the time, I be wanting to change my number. But then it's like I be thinking, like I know, what if somebody really Nigga really be feeling like that this real ship? How much?
Speaker 2: How much you think fatherhood has helped you mature as well?
Speaker 1: One hundred percent? I feel like fatherhood is if it won't for me really having my first kid, I would, like, I know, I wouldn't have really like grew up and just like been on some ship where like I know, like what having a kid teach you is your first and foremost, like your main responsibility. Owe everything to them. So you got to make decisions knowing that are you owe everything to your kids because what happens to you happened today exactly. So before you had kids, you feel like you owe something to the mother fucker. But when you really have kids, you're like, oh no, I really don't own nobody shit. I own my kids everything. So you know, like that just like changed my whole way of thinking when I had children. You know what I'm saying, It's like and then like no, funny shit, people always ask me, like what's my like like most places of comfort or happiest place, like no matter what I'm going through, when I'm around my kids, I could literally just zone out and not think about nothing, like no matter what, like five regardless, Like I don't feel like I had no other vice like studio all that should be therapeutic. Q, Like you know, I love what I do, but like my purest place is just like no matter what, I could be like the most depressed ever and be in the room my kids and then that shit just literally go away, you know what I'm saying. So like even if it's for the time being to being around my kids. And then when that's old, I snapped back right in reality, like I feel like that's the purest form of love.
Speaker 2: You knowe what I'm saying here people exactly so like and then it's.
Speaker 1: Like another thing is too that should be tweaking me out, like no matter what, Like I'm learning my older you know, you know son, he fat you can be six years old, like he know what's going on. But at the end of the day, your kids don't really know, Like they don't know who I am, what I know, They don't think. You don't talk about none of that. They don't know. I still think I'm corny with my kids. You always doing it for like like like like the last thing I watching my son, I watched Ted. I know that's inappropriate.
Speaker 3: No, No, youngest, we watched Ted the series. You've seen that ship on peac racist?
Speaker 1: Very racist? What is hilarious? Yeah, he has a series. Yeah you think for me on dead Boy, I ain't never see that ship into My son watched that. He ain't supposed to be watching that. No, No, I ain't gonna lie I'm a bad father. Let me tur that out there. Don't say you're not a bad father, but in.
Speaker 3: This situation is like that cause I watched it, and now I start to realize he's asking me to watch it because he wants to watch it.
Speaker 1: Right, So I'm looking at and then my.
Speaker 3: Wife's getting her hair done, I'm getting a haircut.
Speaker 1: And everybody in the house is just looking like, oh my god. And I'm sitting there with my son, and I looked.
Speaker 2: I'm like, damn, I'm kind of he just made that point over. But that's what I'm saying. I'm saying that to say, like your kids don't really know like who Like my son.
Speaker 1: He wanting to do the most random ship, and I gotta do it, like like wherever we at, he want to go to, whatever target, he want to go out to, the closest jumpy house, the nearest arcade, just random ship for the moment. How you failures, old, Okay, I'll be having to go do that ship, no matter if there's a million fans in there at all.
Speaker 2: I just go do it because that's what he wanted to do.
Speaker 1: Like he not thinking about that ship and he not knowing like you feel me. So that's what I'm saying. Your kids, How you how you're doing the most random shit, like fuck it, Like just say fuck it. I always do that with one kid, Like fucking you're going he got the fatherhood park has. Let's make too much for your father.
Speaker 2: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: He don't do nothing. He don't leave the house for ship at.
Speaker 2: All, all kinds of ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right now you're having active and ship with my kids.
Speaker 2: Why they're too busy? Fuck the whole crib up.
Speaker 1: You gotta leave up. How many kids you have? Three? Three?
Speaker 2: What's the age one?
Speaker 3: Oh, it's fourteen. They going through puberty. I gotta have the birds and the bees. I don't know if they already had the birds and bees.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Like I'm scared. I'm scared of like they damn there the homies and ship may be telling me let's go to. I know why they want to go to. I'm alright, got that man, All right, listen, So we got a game.
Speaker 1: Wait, yeah, yeah, yeah, you handle it. Handle that we wanted.
Speaker 3: We want to let you know how much we appreciate you, how much you are a legend, how much love and hip hop you got is you know That's one thing I do when I interview a guest, I call.
Speaker 1: I just call.
Speaker 3: Everybody, and everybody, Yo, I kid you not you wanted like the third guests maybe you look you're up, you're up there like that. Nobody had nothing.
Speaker 1: Bad to say. I was like, that's fucking fire. You know what I'm saying. Like everybody was like, yo, man, it's a stand up dude. It's a good dude. You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: And so our show is about giving people they flowers. So we want to give you your mother.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like a Grammy because it's coming from your people. This is your people, man, this is your house. I want you to know. I want you to know that. Before we get to QuickTime of Slim, I want to. I want to. I want to say something and just I want you to tell me. What do you hear?
Speaker 3: Uh when I say this? When I say that, okay you ready? Yeah, humble beast, Well, I think hunger. Hunger, Yeah, hunger immediately more than one?
Speaker 1: More than one? Like what more than one? Whatever?
Speaker 2: Humble beasts? I think hunger. Man think uh uh?
Speaker 1: Dedication, I think I think gold oriented. I was on a mission gold Yeah, gold oriented for sure. I figured I had I think of having a point of prove I had something approval to myself, I felt like at that time and like to the industry, you know that being my like debut album, like on some ship. Okay, still swerving, still swerving, consistency like uh, I think, uh.
Speaker 2: Living life, having fun, I think uh.
Speaker 1: Ship. Uh, I think I God damnit swerving on Bro swerving and what I think? Uh? I think of a ship gratefulness on Bro, being grateful right out of town Bro okay, PTSD, PTSD. I think of Chicago. I think of hustling. I think of ship, savage life. I think of death mm hmmm, mm hmm. Ship. I think a grieving pain, anger and ship. I think of vulnerability and awareness twenty five, twenty five, I think survivals of morse. I think of grief. I can't say that gratefulness. That's my next question, Bro, I'm gonna I'm gonna go into I'm gonna go into that with that you're doing my interview. That was but for twenty five, I think I think of gratefulness too though. Okay, I think of gratefulness. I think of life. I think of celebration, I think of grief. M hmmm. And I think I think of victory and now survivors of Mars, survivors of Morse. I think of sorrow, anger again. I think of confusion. I think uh, I think the resentfulness. I don't know if I said pain, well, I think of pain again. The reason, the reason why I had was, like I had said, survivors of Morese when I said the two five was because like turning twenty five was like like the whole time, like period of me just where I was as an artist, as a man everywhere, just like actually being grateful to turn twenty five at such a young age. It's really crazy as fuck, you know what I'm saying. And now that I'm twenty eight, f goin to be thirty. You feel me. It's still being young, but you just be grateful for the me is cause niggas really don't get that far where I come from, a lot of my homies didn't get to see eighteen twenty one, you know, So being turned at twenty five like and that was one of my last birthdays that I turned with my little brother, you feel me. My little brother, uh he died seven days before it's twenty fifth birthday. Got like you two plus five and seven, Like the whole reason why I was like putting that whole album two five together. You feel what I'm saying, It was just like it was a different like just time or you know, like they'll let you know, like well, well we all mentally, not just me, like everybody around, everybody I ever know knew growing up, Like it was like, of course everybody excited to see their twenty fifth birthday, but while I come from, we feel like it's a mouthstone even be alive at twenty five, not to actually enjoy twenty fifth birthday, and on you feel me, Nigga, just happy to be here. You lost so much, you feel me, So it's like looking back at that, I feel like shit, I feel like I wish, you know, Nigga would have like celebrated like more. You feel me with that being like my last birthday even with you know, because I had a ball, Like you feel what I'm saying, But I'm just saying like not even not even like what I mean. It's like on some just like fastest, like not even my whole twenty fifth birthday was around the fact that just being grateful to be alive, you feel me and my the brother they didn't even see his twenty fifth birthday, so that it was like it was like a weird feeling for me. You know, God bless bro. But Nigga just that's why i'd be having that. Master, Nigga, just be grateful for shitting right, be grateful, quick Time and slob. You want to explain to him the rules.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're gonna give you two choices. Pick one and we're not drinking quick time or slim. Yeah, two choices. You get two choices. There's a list of things. These guys over here came up with this list, So don't blame us, Columbian and the Dominican. Right, so you get two choices. You picked nobody together. If you say both, like you say both of them, what do quick time or what? That's just the name of the game.
Speaker 1: Drinking game.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're picking something. But if you if you say both, are neither we drinking. All of us are drinking. Okay, but if you pick nobody drinking, If you pick something, nobody drink. But if you don't pick basically we drinking. Remember this, Are you ready and go light with the shots because it's a long game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you go light with the shots. Okay, you ready?
Speaker 3: This is your shot Towns is going to suck you up right now you're ready, let us do it, Chief Keith or Little Dirk.
Speaker 1: So okay, Chief right, Tupac or DMX Tupac ok Drake or Lula, Wayne Wayne Nas or jadakiss kiss.
Speaker 2: You guys have to say about that.
Speaker 6: Right if you want to elaborate, tell the story anything but Jada Kiss Okay.
Speaker 1: Kanye West or no I D obviously produce.
Speaker 2: It and obviously both Chicago, I'm gonna go.
Speaker 1: No I D. As you know, Big Bro, he was one of the first that ever really embraced me to though, really like O I D. I got, I got, like I got placements, like songs with no ID when I'm like sixteen years old, when I first started rapping, Like when you work with Common, Who's yeah exactly? That was that was the whole play. No I D put that whole play together with Common. You feund and Big Bro always just been like a mentor for me, Like I know, if there's anything I really need to like get off, if I ever need to come here for any advice, it's just a phone call fee. That's fine. That's a big dog too, a shout to be. He always showed me love from the beginning. Since they want juice World or P M. B Rock.
Speaker 2: That's the piece and I could do both. It's called the ticket both.
Speaker 1: Let's take both of my brother. I've been feeding him, take a shot. Let's do it. But I wanted you to go with the right choices.
Speaker 2: The next even we're back.
Speaker 1: Hey, man, I don't know if I can say it.
Speaker 2: But I don't want to take my brother P and B anyway, I got to take that.
Speaker 3: Yes, future twenty one savage. Uh, we take a shot, you know, take a.
Speaker 1: Shot, brother Brodian Right, Yeah, don't choose, don't don't choose side.
Speaker 2: That's a two headed go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ice gub that motherfucker. I've been holding this one.
Speaker 6: Want to shut chilling Common or lupid fiasco Common, it's South side of Metro booming Well, taking a shot on Flo. That's another two head to go. Sorry about that drinking.
Speaker 1: You know what he's drinking?
Speaker 3: What was It's called mam Wana but he's not from dominic in Republic?
Speaker 1: What is it? It's made in the tubbing kind he.
Speaker 2: Make that ship up.
Speaker 1: It's telling you, man, don't don't start.
Speaker 7: He's gonna ask you for a shot. Called wife the movie should try. By the way, the best baptob in candle.
Speaker 1: I know it's some times breaking it anyway, just let me take my.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, so I'm so happy you came here. Man, man, I want to get you and your fans is crazy.
Speaker 3: By the way, I tweeted out that got question questions with you heard they went crazy your fans. You got some crazy ass fans, yeah, man, yeah, okay podcast or radio.
Speaker 1: Podcast, okay, dropped podcast. Okay, Yeah, this is good. It's a good one.
Speaker 3: Cat Williams or Kevin Hard, don't take a shot. I was gonna take a shot. I don't want no smoke. Give us both trouble, take a shot. We outside, we love them both shut out. But it's entertaining. I never seen control. And that's the funniest on the craziest ship. It's just dope.
Speaker 1: You ain't. I want to with everybody getting the loan and spreading love under entertainment.
Speaker 2: It's entertainment. That's the name of the game, right.
Speaker 1: But I'm like that other people is beefing other than rappings exactly. That's hard. That's hard. This is what to be damn it. Okay, Luda or t I take a shot. Do I old shot?
Speaker 6: Yeah, take a shot, take a shot, tip mm hmm, okay, Rick Rosser, jez.
Speaker 1: Uh take a shot man, Okay, take a shot for Big Bro.
Speaker 3: Now it's going down. Okay, here putting the ice in every shot, Bro Man, that's ships hottest like I don't like it. That ship is like Russian cheating.
Speaker 1: Man's DJ drama or d J Collin drama. Mm hmm. Scarface or ice Cube? What we say drama cattle. We gotta take a shot, take a show. You take a shot, said, I'm a little I'm a little tipsy. I had consume. The question is okay, I didn't even shopping Big Bro. Now we remember for another two headed girl? All right?
Speaker 2: Scarface of ice Cube?
Speaker 6: Mm hmmm, scar Face, Boys in the Hood or medicine Society, Minis Society.
Speaker 2: L A or Miami U l A.
Speaker 3: Travis Scott or Asap Rocky Travis, Biggie A big Al Biggie our Castle, u g K.
Speaker 2: Hugk Hey, who's d the come on?
Speaker 1: Bro? Little g or little Wice take a shot. I respect that big and both of cheer boy take a shot and fold up.
Speaker 2: So take a nice.
Speaker 1: Show.
Speaker 3: What me do it's it's still hot. It's like fucking taking a coffee shot. Little baby or Rocky Fresh Baby, little yachty, a little.
Speaker 1: Oozy, take a shot that big Yeah, he's some good ass. Questions by the way, thank you Kodak or Denzel Curry Kodak. Last one, it's the most important one, most important one loyalty or respect?
Speaker 2: Respect? Explain because I'm built off loyalty.
Speaker 1: I'm a loyal person anyway you feel what I'm saying that you can't really if people don't really have a loyalty, you can't probably instill that anything. But I'm gonna make you respect me. If you don't respect me, I demand respect regardless of what. You don't have to be lord to me. You don't have to be whatever, but you're gonna have to be respectful me because I'm gonna leader respect whatever. I don't have to enforce loyalty, force respect, applying anybody, so respect, so you would respect and respect. I ain't a lie. You're not supposed to take a shot for that, but I think we should. I mean, that was a hard answer, Like that was I was fucked up. I was like, we can take a shot for that. You want to take a shot, Bro, I mean, do you want to take a shot for the answer, like it's deserves deserves shot. I do it for myself. You say wanted to take a shot. I wanted to take a shot too. But that answer was.
Speaker 6: Awesome, bro. Going back to to no idea when you were Common? Right, did you record with Common in the studio?
Speaker 1: No? No, have y'all linked though?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: He yeah, ain't gonna low with comments so tough, man, I was. You know, it's crazy. I actually was supposed to start acting like years ago. Man, But I really was just so focused on rap, Like I was, like, I'm a type of person, like I ain't gonna say I'm stubborn, but in a way, when I'm super focused on something like that malestone self for myself, I just gotta do one thing like I was supposed to really been in when they did. Which one was he in? Was comments and Barbershop three? I believe I was supposed to I was supposed to have been in that, And I just said in Chicago, right, Yeah, yeah, I went and I went and I went and uh went over my script with him. Yeah, me pull up on him at his hotel.
Speaker 3: I was, Yeah, I feel like he smells like baby powder.
Speaker 2: No, no, big Bro.
Speaker 1: That was my first time. He was a nice ass, nice ass sweet I forgot what hotel it was. It was a minute ago. He had me pull up to him and I went over my script with him for like two three hours. You feel me. Big Bro always just embraced me, like even on rap ship and just anything like he hit me like, oh you got the they trying to get a roll. I pulled up on the one over the script. You feel me. He kind of wanted me to do my video on syndity and right there, but I was on some nervous ship. I ain't doing it right then.
Speaker 6: I had because it was an audition that you were doing. Basically, yeah, I had over the script.
Speaker 1: I ain't sending shit. I ain't s I was supposed to have been in a barbershop. Three damn. It would have been year role if you would have been in there. I think I was supposed to been. You know Tarik from Power he was in there. Tarik was in there. He played uh. I think he was ice Cube son and Ship. I was supposed to be his homeie niggas in the video somewhere that was game Man and one of them type of little Chicago niggas, an of the niggas that was took the cashiers to ATM No, this was three. Oh, this is three. That's that's one. I'm talking.
Speaker 2: But that's dope that come and took the time to do that with you that right. Yeah. And the reason I asked the whole point.
Speaker 6: Because it's ill like it's like Chicago from this era and this era, like like how's that coming together? Like y'all y'all discussing the state of affairs in Chicago.
Speaker 1: But really, you know he's been just always like reached out and like show little took a liking to me from the beginning my first project, I dropped walking the Phase O Land. Matter of fact, I should have mentioned that first. Really he gave me the feature on I on't still fucked up Me and him chance to rap up Wow. We it was a video we shot probably like twenty fifteen, twenty fourteen or something. You feel me pulled up on Big Bro in this neighborhood, you know if eighty seven over there, we pulled up in his neighborhood at the barbershop, like you know, he used to really be coming back to Chicago showing love.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Yeah, he's one of the first artists that a lot of people heard.
Speaker 1: Of face like really big Boy used to really you know what I'm saying him man twister all him Lord, I would say, I mean it could be around the same crucial conflict. No, no, this after Yeah, you can come and comment.
Speaker 6: When he was common sense okay, and he had the song take It Easy, was one of the first common sense no more no no, he just comming.
Speaker 2: Yeah, his first album was common Sense No id produced the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, he definitely just wanted like one of the first artist really like that.
Speaker 2: I heard a lout of Chicago. I mean Twist as well for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah. What's your relationship with kan Ye with Yeah, you know it's okazy with his new sniggers, I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: I don't really, I ain't even.
Speaker 1: Look at his niggas wrong, really be.
Speaker 2: Pretty big on the fast.
Speaker 1: I love him. That's my brother. I love it.
Speaker 2: The one that fold called them because he don't want shoes, right, you gotta make I'm really asking.
Speaker 1: Inside and said I was trying to see what what sucks he was talking about.
Speaker 3: You ain't see the nigga socks. I know what's wanting to right, yeah, like air parts. He called him home bro, right right, I'm ready for him, like just too long, Like I wanted to make sure they could have went on the house shoes, bab.
Speaker 1: Too much, bouchal lea movies at that bro, and then yeah, because let's as soon as you get back to some nigga ship, I'm back. I'm gonna fuck with him, like I mean, like I'm backing Wise.
Speaker 2: I want to wise Yeah.
Speaker 1: With you.
Speaker 2: Man, you got it, you got it, like I gotta acting like it's me.
Speaker 1: I got a different No, I got a different like just like respect for you I love yeah, yeah, like just off the strips for like his genius for you know what I'm saying, super genius. You know what I'm saying. Whoever you are, here's gold dude, shout own. You got the whole ship going on.
Speaker 3: Yeah man, Holy moly, let's talk about damn. I got mad notes for you.
Speaker 1: You got some ship from me, Mercy, Let's talk about uh cry no more with a little t J. She said, that's my boy.
Speaker 3: I never got to meet him yet, but I like I like his style, like it's oral, so so tell us how y'all collaborated t J.
Speaker 1: I've been fucking with a little bro for a little minute too, though, you know little bro style that we locked in on a bunch of different ways. But really it was or me and me and Polo did it first. Though Polo did the hook. You know, we was in Chicago. That was one of the times, and I really was stuck in Chicago at the time. I ain't gonna lie had it was a period of time where I couldn't travel, Like I said when I was when I got diagno supposed tomatic stress and ship I cut my angle breakless, nah, I went on.
Speaker 2: This was before COVID everything. That's why COVID was kind of easy for me.
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna lie because I had like a year where I couldn't travel really do too many shows unless acc he was just to Chicago. My judge ain't let me do no traveling, ankle nothing. It was like for a whole year. I had to do the summer like it was at least like ten months. It was on quarantine already. Yeah right, it was right before quarantine hits. So it's like I Danny did two quarantine, so but I was in Chicago.
Speaker 2: I was like locked in the studio and ship.
Speaker 1: So me and Polo had did that song man broke We we had when me and broke in and we be doing like a lot of ship back to back though, like we probably got fat tend like TJ. No, I'm talking about Polo Polo. So we had did a hook and then I had sent the ship to TJ after that, and then me and TJ did it in La. You feel me like that's sit like a it's like a dynamic though, like Me Polo TJ. That' shit like the same we get in the studio. If we get in one day, we probably could do fastic songs literally right off the like that type of chemistry. You feel what I'm saying, Like we all already familiar with working with each other. We just did shit in the studio together, did shit separately. I get in with them, we do three four songs. I get in bro we do three you know what I'm saying, Like that's just how we work. So this shit just came naturally. I did that And that was, like I said, at the time, where I was just going through a whole bunch of shit mentally, I couldn't travel. I wasn't doing on shows. I was fighting the case all type of shit. I just was, you know, feeling like I was just I feel like it was a growth period though, like one thing I learned about.
Speaker 2: Like that's why I speak about it openly.
Speaker 1: Like when you go through ship, like just adversity overall, like all that you will feel frustrated, like Nigga be having a lot of stress, a lot of built up ship in them, and you will feel like you going through the motions or whatever the case may be. But that shit really just building character, like I learned, like when I really go through ship, sometimes I ain't trying to sound like weird, a little crazy or the fucked up way, like the kind of give me comfort, Like damn ship a little rough, So I got it. Once you figure it out, you figure it out, and it's like it's always leads to elevation. So you you you should lead towards that ship, you know what I'm saying, like leaning towards you. What I'm saying that to say, like that was like a hard ass time period where I didn't really want to do ship but record music. But me recording music. That was the PTSD album that was and that was like Ship.
Speaker 2: Literally that's my best album still to this day.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Like all this Ship came about from me really not being able to travel do shows, being around my piers, but niggas really just fucking me off the strength they pulling up on me. You feel I'm saying when I was able to go to La, TJ pulled up on me, little bro Polo was using the rack he pulled up on me. You feel I'm saying, I'm getting this shit done and then that shit coming out like still, that's probably one of my biggest songs on that album too, though you feel me so let's shit just be happening to naturally gang I ain't. Yeah, God damn hold on.
Speaker 6: When you go back and you say you start like around sixteen, who were the inspirations that that you was looking around around you, not not on the bigger scale, like around you locally, who was doing things that you was like, I want I want to do like them?
Speaker 1: Uh. I was looking up to niggas from my hood though, Like that was rapping like nickname react here old nigga.
Speaker 2: Uh My Homie Hollow was rapping.
Speaker 1: Baby was rapping before me too, though, Baby was like actually going paying for studio time and shit, like he was like fifteen years old. Baby was like head yet older than me. So he was like sixteen actually going to the studio where folks was smart. He knew how to structure hooks and I ain't know how to do ship a rap like I ain't know how to put no hook verse and know what. The sixteen boy was none of that type of shit. You feel what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: But he could tell you stories he didn't know either.
Speaker 1: Jesus, don't be out there you say it on time.
Speaker 2: I'm saying that that inspiration Like niggas.
Speaker 1: I feel like niggas didn't know how to rap never really knew how to put songs together though, like never really Like that's the same thing. That's how I used to count bars. The reason why that that song?
Speaker 8: What what?
Speaker 1: What? What what? What? That's how they count boss? What what what? What?
Speaker 2: He was counting his bars and they made that a hook, bro And.
Speaker 1: Then was just a genius. Yeah, nigga know how to be hate. He just made I feel like Bibby was a nigga that probably would have knew how to do that same ship if you know what I'm saying, Like Bibby knew how to you don't want to drink? So y'ah could y'all good? Jeez, Louise, Papa Cheez, we want you to have fun too, You know what I mean? Yeah, you know what I mean. But I like, yeah, I feel like like when we was getting the studio early, like Bibby Head he was, he was like the brains when they came to like putting the songs together, like kill Ship right now. Still that's our biggest song in this day. That was his idea. He picked the beat. He the one told me go first on the ship. You feel what I'm saying in the end, you know what I'm like, I just used to just wrap for thirty bards thirty two bards straights. You feel what I'm saying. Like Bro always had like destructure, so like when I first like I used to listen to what Bro was on Bump Jay another nigga that I really was like super Bibby and Slap Polaroy. You feel what I'm saying. It was like that like locally that was going crazy that I was like, right, that really made a nigga want to rap.
Speaker 6: You feel right, And when you say you stopped writing your rhymes and you said you had them on your phone and he was going off the top, were you doing the Biggie jay Z ship where you was writing you had or you're just freestyling. No, I was like, yeah, kind of writing in my head for sure. I definitely wouldn't really just freestyling off the top of going like that, right.
Speaker 1: I was like thinking ship, like faux bos and then just recorded like that. You feel me? Like even when I was writing, like, I felt like I was wasting time writing because I'm thinking of the ship. And then when I'm writing, shit, I'm thinking too long, trying to write down one bar instead of just like all right, that's alady in my head, say it and then just keep going from there. You feel me, I felt like I'm wasting that's like literally when you think of the elite, that's the least status ship. Yeah, I ain't elitet status. I can't. I can't remember ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, south Side.
Speaker 1: I used to say that Tuto when I first started recording south Side, like he used to see my process. That's when I first like that was around the time when uh, when Juice was like going crazy and ship when I'm learning how to really freestyle for real. So I used to just sit in the studio and listen to the beat and probably listen to that bitch for like five ten minutes. But as I'm listening and niggas thinking, I'm just listening to the beat, but in my head, I'm coming up with at least like eight bars that I remember. For shure, once you come up with the first like eight to twelve bars, you good, Like I got like eight off the top of my head. I could do now the next twelve. All that shit like really a freestyle. I could just come in and just punch it like I feel like I always had, like when I first started rapping.
Speaker 2: This shit don't really happen no more.
Speaker 1: It's a little easier for me. But I used to have the most trouble with like my first four in my last four because I'm trying to really make the most sense and tell the story anyway. So it's like the last four going to the hook. So you gotta kind of coincide with the hook. The first four is what you leading them with. You gotta get them intrigued with the first four bars at least you feel what I'm saying, alright, So that was my whole models was my first four I got. If I'm coming there with eight bars, I could just cruise my way through and make sure my last score or two going to the hook. Like That's how I really learned how the freestyle type shit. Let's talk about I Don't want to die? Yeah, why would you name a song that that was I don't I Gotta I Gotta. That was south Side. Really that was south Side I did. I Gotta get credit to Big Broke. He sent me that song and he was he was getting ready to drop his album, which still ain't came out to this day. His nigga Rich He ain't he about to drop right now though, but he was gonna make that the intro to the to the next album he dropping. And I just he just told me, like, man, just go crazy. But I I he had put the Simple in there where it was seeing like, you know, I don't want to die, and he's like, man, just go crazy on that ship and I was listening to it. And when I heard the Simple, I was in Chicago too when I recorded that ship. That was during quarantine by the File, when nigga just stuck in Chicago and when I heard it, just putting in a different type of like mass on but like the shit a nigga was rapping about. I think it probably like was like right on key because I was in Chicago. You know, when you in Chicago, you got a different like it's a different aura. You're feeling that energy. You feel what I'm saying, like if I'm in La I'm gonna ride around and a regular car. You feel I'm in a regular form. And when I get Chicago, I want to be in a bulletproof truck just a mask. That is just what Chicago do or just the shit I've been through and the shit I experienced. It made me think. It makes me act the way I got to move and everything when I'm there, So I feel like I think, just me doing that shit and like it's I like that song really crazy though, like when you really think about it, like a nigga talking about like how I shot the video, like with all the kids in all the different scenarios or like kids situations, like it's bigger than just being in the streets. You feel me like when you in Chicago, it's anything could happen. You know what I'm saying, like kids getting trades cross that ship is so frequent in Chicago, like you know what I'm saying, more than any other city. So like it just put me in a different man frame to try to like talk about my situation and like what I experienced and still like recollect to like what happened on the day to day that don't got nothing to do with anything street related, you feel me, Because people try to like associate anything that's going on in Chicago with just like street shit. But that ship, like it's beyond that, because it affects everybody, you know what I'm saying. It don't just affect victims, that affect the mothers affected, you know what I'm saying, affect everybody who don't got nothing to do with nothing street oriented at all, you feel me, So the whole family is yeah, exactly, That's how like that shit came about, like mentally, like the ship I was rapping about.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you, because like in New York City, right, every summer the crime rate goes up because they say, like, like that in Chicago, but your crime rate is still crazy in the winter, yeah, yeah, but the summer's wild.
Speaker 2: The summer even worse.
Speaker 1: Though someone's even worse, even worse they give the credit is crazy when they're.
Speaker 3: Below and Nigga's still shooting. They got gloves, special gloves, and what then happened?
Speaker 1: Get?
Speaker 2: I don't know what it is cold. It's not funny, but I guess it's not funny.
Speaker 1: But it's like like you just think about it statistically in New York City summertime. So he's saying in New York, like the crime rate, really it don't really be his hat during the winter. Yeah, motherfucker's too cold and the Timberlands is heavy, you know what I mean? Like, motherfuckers don't be wanting running and ship.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: You know, it's mandatory October first Timblans come out with the winter.
Speaker 1: That is the window came. You don't got.
Speaker 2: Miami, I don't know.
Speaker 1: All right, down, all right, that's why I get it, all right, That's why I really like I ain't gonna like you got it, like it'd be big. It's like like, now you know, no joking shit to like talk about this shit and people think, like as an artist, you are glorified. You feel what I'm saying. But it's just like the experience and the ship nigga go through you or think is man blowing? You feel what I'm saying? Like, how you saying that shit happened through sixty five? No matter, no matter what you feel me, And that's just built thought, like shit, whatever trauma, motherfucker you got going on? What they going through? You feel what I'm saying. So like, as an artist, we just speak about this ship and you know what I'm saying and that way you feel me. But people will think like it's non existent, but that shit really happened.
Speaker 2: Let's go back to gangster rap. Start like they call it gangster.
Speaker 6: Rap, right whatever, NWA going from that lineage right, going back quick, and then you're going to drill and then people try to say drill. The difference that it did in hip hop negatively is that it started talking about real things happening in real time and started getting people.
Speaker 2: Hurt in real time. Because they're talking about real things in real time.
Speaker 1: I feel like they can't really put all that responsibility on artists. For one, you know you're right, you're right, And they can't put all that responsibility on just the category of drill because rap was always rap where there was hip hop gangst the rap. You know what I'm saying, Like, who's to say nwa not talking about things that was happening in real time and what's going on and had the effect that other people it's no different than what they were saying. And what with Drill. You feel what I'm saying, Like how we came up rapping, We didn't try to category as rap, like we finished just talk about a straight John recalled drill. You know what I'm saying. When we're talking about negative shit, you know, it was just really just talking about our life and what we was experiencing. You fee what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: That's why I don't like when they categorize things and they try to separate it.
Speaker 2: I feel like they they glad we having this common station right now.
Speaker 6: Because I think it's important because people try to they want to separate it, and then they isolate things to see like this is waged is not waged, this good is bad, and then they everybody feels they go into different areas and they're like, all right, we're not that, but we're all hip hop.
Speaker 2: Everything's hip hop. Yeah, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Old school news School, this school, that school, South East Coast it's all hip hop.
Speaker 2: It don't matter, right, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So it's like, that's what I ain't never really heard a conversation where like I was, it came in a way where we're really able to categorize, like it all being hip hop. You know, drill was just basically it was originally like a term. It's not like we was just like, oh, this is drill rap. It's not hip hop, you feel me. It was all supposed to have been rapped in hip hop because that happened here in Miami. Because in Miami, that's what happened with Miami base. It tried to make it a sub genre. It's not hip hop, it's Miami based music. It's booty music, they called it.
Speaker 6: But now looking now that we're wearing a different time frame, now it's all hip hop hip hop, you know what I'm saying. It's different areas and they they interpret hip hop differently, right, So.
Speaker 1: It's like, yeah, I ain't like.
Speaker 2: I ain't never like, And that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Even though like people when I used to do interviews, you can even pull my old interviews up, I never categorized myself or like looked at myself as a drill rapper. I always felt like I was a rapper like pop artist because I rapped about like soulful ship. I never just only did drill beats, you know what I'm saying. I told stories of my rap I looked up to rappers to hold to Lil Wayne and the Jada kids to you know what I'm saying. That's what It's always versatile to be able to do that. You know. So I think I came up in an era where they just considered the drill, but I never really considered myself as a drill rapping noise for us. Yes, you got you more shots. I'm sorry, let's do it. We just cut.
Speaker 2: You know, why.
Speaker 6: Are you putting in your shot? That means we're taking a shot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you know why, brother, you really legend out here, really deserve all the roses, the flowers, all the accolades, everything, Like ye're you out here and you're doing it honorably, you know, you know what I mean, Like so many people from your generation, we'll go, yeah, you know that they take that funny route. We don't like that funny rout. We like hard work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, for real, man, I ain't gonna lie, Niggas is right. Really want to just do this ship the right way to you, mother, appreciate you, Herbal. You don't want no drinks. I see I see you getting a drink. I see you, I see you. The ladies. You don't want to drinks.
Speaker 2: They got something.
Speaker 1: They got something so about riding with it, right with it, right with it?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: That was That was another song like that's crazy, all these songs. It was a ship I recorded like during the quarantine period, like when niggas really couldn't like travel. When I was on like recording PTSD and all that ship was going on, I felt like Chicago was outside when people was inside. Yeah, okay, I was like COVID at all. And then I was outside.
Speaker 2: He was already quarantined before that.
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna, I didn't. I was outside. Yeah. I went to Prime one twelve one night. I felt like we was outside the middle of COVID quarantine side. It was literally the game. I said, were outside on my block, hunted two hundred deep, in the middle of quarantine, in the middle of COVID, sunny outside. Shoot the video.
Speaker 2: I just bought my Rose Royce spent five no mask.
Speaker 1: It's about the color that put that bitch right up on the block shot the videos. You feel Me, I was just you know like masks. Yeah I had der mask in the video on Bro.
Speaker 8: You know that.
Speaker 1: The mass on man in the Trenches, But yeah, that's that song was. When I look back at it, man, it just makes me like real really be like just grateful, like the moment of what you get first and foremost at the artists, because that's like as an artist, I mean, that's one of like like my one of my biggest songs still to this day, and that's just me on some that's the ship I just do naturally like comfortable on some rapping shit, just talking about you know what I'm saying, the trenches and what I'm thinking on the day to day. You feel me. That's still one of my biggest songs today. But I'm saying that to say like it's just making it like grateful looking back because I wasn't even thinking of what it was gonna be to this day and just looking back at people from the video that's like not even still hit to this day. People that I lost, You feel what I'm saying, Like shit like that just gotta not take moments for granted, God bless you do you because a lot of people say living in LA it's dangerous as well. Do you look at it like that? Yeah? Yeah, that's where you live now, Yeah I look at I mean I really look at that air place like that, just because I feel like to be aware as to be alive, you know what I'm saying. Like always I'm a super alert kind of like people might look at it like I'm pairing it or whatever, but I'm just always thinking of like how I was raised. I think of the worst case scenario, so I always be prepared to just do whatever to make sure I get home, to make sure I'm protected in my family protected, you know what I'm saying. So, like I feel like, and it's crazy because I moved to LA to get away from that type of ship LA, right that. Yeah, Like no, I'm saying I moved to LA because I just not even get away from like islence and shit. But like I felt like in Chicago at the time, it was like a crabbing a bucket mentality, crabbing, a bureau mentality type of shit, you.
Speaker 6: Know what I'm saying, Because that's happens every city in every city, each in there grabbing.
Speaker 1: They're like yeah, so it's like I felt like LA was to get away from that and I could go where, you know, be with my family and be with my kids, go and enjoy life and enjoying myself without always looking over my shoulder, you know what I'm saying. But like I'm still taking precaution no matter where I'm at, you know what I'm saying. It's they don't want to be capital hard accidents.
Speaker 3: Because I know you're twenty eight, so you probably can't fully understand this, But do you realize they say the first gangs that ever was invented was in Chicago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 2: I'm I really be like.
Speaker 1: As like I'll be paying attention, and I studied that type of ship like always. I'm big on like history, you know what I'm saying, No matter why, man.
Speaker 2: Like definitely the biggest game. Yeah it's come out.
Speaker 1: I'm big on like just history, especially black history, like anything black history, any type of you know what I'm saying, Like, I'll be into that type of ship. So yeah, I know, I feel like a lot of ship was brought on just by for coltrust and kind of rational trauma type of shit. You feel me because kind of LA's culture. I don't want to say mimicked because that might be the wrong word, but I believe Black Pea Stones. Yeah, it's like the first game in Chicago, and Black Pea Stones is the oldest gang in LA or one of the oldest gangs that's credibly not saying transformed into what what would have transformed into in LA bloods? Oh yeah, yeah, okay, yeah, but that that originated wasn't wasn't Christ before bloods?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that that's the blood part of it, you know what I mean. So I believe Raymond Washington if if I'm not.
Speaker 1: I mean, we definitely don't. I don't know, I'm not. But but what I'm saying saying is the first recorded originating in Chicago. Yeah, originated in Chicago.
Speaker 3: So like I don't know if it's the terminology that they use gang, if that's what it is.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, that gang definitely originated in Chicago.
Speaker 3: Like I remember going to Chicago. I swear to God and I have my my my leg my past leg up and people.
Speaker 1: Were like yo yo yo yo one up. Yeah, I didn't know what the fun was happening on some games on the gang ship. Yeah, I was wearing my hat the wrong way one time. They were like hat.
Speaker 2: But I ain't never heard about the legs. Yeah yeah, maybe you here's.
Speaker 1: Your leg and your head on the same I was in Puerto Weecan section. Maybe it was some weird ass ship look telling me to talk about it. I never had's take a shot of that. Let's take a shot for that. Goddamn it. That was take a shot for that. Motherfucker. Let's make some noise. I do not them convince you to take a shot of that. Yeah, I ain't taking a shot. Can you stand my my candle er please? S thank you? Bro?
Speaker 3: Kill ship, kill ship, kill ship a little bit me. We were speaking about it earlier.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like I said, Bro, put that whole ship together. That's crazy, Damn.
Speaker 2: I ain't never really even spoke with this. I recorded that verse in My.
Speaker 1: Little Brother creb Man long Live, look great. Little bro just passed away three years ago, yesterday, yesterday. It was just three take a shot for a little bro man. You gotta pull me in another shot. But uh, yeah, I recorded that video in the living room at Libertal Spot. Uh and baby really put the whole ship together. Shower dj L recorded, I mean cook the beat up right on the spot ship and we really like, I think that's probably still one of my biggest streaming songs to this day. We really ain't even like know what we was doing with that ship. We shot the video. Man, he was probably sixteen seventeen, So we shot that video at five five in the morning on sunny on Sidney a fan Kingston. It's outside posted up on some young ship. Just I got a video viral, man, I got a video that's still viral. Oh shure, let me take this shot for a little bro. Man, So I look so for a little broskie. I got a video viral. Me and baby free I was freestyl Biby standing next to me.
Speaker 2: I got drunk.
Speaker 1: I had dj L d j L who made a beat. He was cooking the ship up on the spot. Like literally it's four five in the morning. Niggas young and said breaking curfew twenty deep on the block. Uh just shot nigga Jordan him shot the video just on some random ship, bro, and that ship just went legendary. Man, just just just kids trying ship like you felt when I look back on it, you know what I'm saying, Like, we ain't even know where that ship was going. We just shot this ship on some random ship on the block literally four five in the morning, and that ship took us where it needed to go. Got damn fucking beautiful all right?
Speaker 3: All right, By the way, this is this is three questions back to back because we got three fucking records with little Uzi Verkin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, very that's my man. Well, we got bro got h on my phone, We got everything. Uh, he don't know who running ship we got. I got just trying to think right the way you think I forgot why I've seen him? It was like seven o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you saw him at seven o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I sent him a shot. He took it at seven o'clock in the morning. Yeah. Yeah, it sounds like what shot? Did you send him whatever he wanted? Wait, whatever, he's at another table. I was like yo, I was testing him. I was like yo, telling him, send him, send him whatever he wants. And he was like, yeah, he took the shot. He walked over to my table and I sent him another shot and he took it, and then he sent me another shot. And we was going all night. I'm talking about I don't want to say where. Yeah, bro, real nigga, the show like me and who he ain't gonna let it me and Who's he got a different relationship bro, Me and me and broken locked in like literally just like the beginning, like I mean since the beginning of his career, like literally type of ship. You feel me? This is my shot? I mean it's not ours? Ye shot already? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, is this my fault? Definitely definitely an't drink unless your ice melted, just.
Speaker 1: Like like I think your ice soldier that was just hanging around your buddy just melted. That's probably just fuddy m hm. And you got ice in them, motherfucker, that's probably. That's all. I ain't gonna lie to you. If you would have hit that stole the elite with concrete, yeah, you wouldn't be discreet. I ain't running up on it as I know who run it first? Yeah, who run it?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 1: Shout my boy, baby, Man shout baby for Dallas for sure, Man, that's who running. That's crazy. I'd be like when I thinking about ship, like that ship told me like I had there's some funny ass ship, right, I stole my toe. I hit my toe on the edge of the bed, and my ship was hurting bad as fuck. I couldn't even put my shoe on. Which toe? Is that really?
Speaker 2: Damn?
Speaker 1: The little told I couldn't walk the little toe the little one bro ship turned black.
Speaker 2: Man, it was fucked up. It was at the top. Was like, I don't really look though.
Speaker 1: Man, I couldn't. I couldn't want you take a picture. Little To this day, nobody noticed. I really went up to the ship, rolled up on the little chill. The little one that rolled it wasn't a wheel channel, you know, the little chair that spin around the folk. I rolled one of them bitches all the way on the elevator up to the ship. Did the freestyle. Ship was sucked up. I'm like, man, I ain't even want to do this ship, but that ship can't win so viral. After that, I'm like, damn, man, I got to just start doing ship when I don't even want to do it, Like fuck it, this just go through it. That ship taught me a little mintal lesson. But anyway, I had did the freestyle and put that ship on my page. Then drake head DM me like, man, make that ship a song. Okay, talking about Bro, I had did a freestyle. I told you I wanted a baby. I did freestyle after I stub my toe. I want to take your dam after your toe was hurt. After I posted the ship on my page. Drake had hit me in the DM like, man, make that ship a song. Drake is a lection bro, he's alec. Yeah. I wanted to drink man, and he told you you the future he did, Bro, that's.
Speaker 2: All the record got got to get a record again. He can't say that and then not do the record.
Speaker 1: You know that, Man, I'm gonna get it done. You know that? Who you played basketball? Yeah? Who you thinking? But me and Drake? Yeah?
Speaker 2: As was he?
Speaker 1: Hey what big bro? What man?
Speaker 2: We gave Drake ass work man?
Speaker 1: He was man. He put us out of the studio. We want he advels to it. He knows they we won. They lost? Wait wait talking about he was in the big show? Who was Okay? Hold on, so what happened? All right?
Speaker 2: Tell us tell you said the crib in l a hooping who was on our team?
Speaker 1: It was me, big Bro? Who's big Bro? We need to know a one right there? It's big Bro?
Speaker 2: Okay, Addy was on our team. Wanted to get added all all on bro and so.
Speaker 1: This is shot talent against Toronto. Is this what happened? Uh? It was that was ourful dash dash he my bro Aaron Sharral, you know, big c over geffing on Brodie.
Speaker 2: Okay, Brodie was four and four and we was playing.
Speaker 1: We played. We played Drake little Man, We played Drake twenty one Savage who was on the team. It was like two more people, ain't lie, we bust the ass though, we're not going to Drake bust Drake and twenty one Savage twenty one was playing with him to bro But that was a little That was a little scrimmage though I ain't really gonna do too much bathroom on it.
Speaker 2: But they.
Speaker 1: Beat yourself up and took your back. I'm not sure, y'all. Yeah, what was the game? What? What was it? Like? Like? How many wines? How many were probably played? Like eleven weelve eleven or some ship. It was probably like four yeah, four four court court, full court? Where was this at l A L A l A. So you smoked Drake.
Speaker 2: And twenty one We.
Speaker 1: Won in the phone for Yeah, we beat them. That's what happened, everybody.
Speaker 3: I just want to be commentary for parking sure, you know versus once this ship goes, contends to.
Speaker 1: Let's start the back. Nobody gonna want to rematch, you know how this ship goes.
Speaker 2: We're gonna do the side commentary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to do the side commentary.
Speaker 2: You we're gonna host it. We're gonna host it.
Speaker 1: We're gonna host it.
Speaker 2: About shots, and it's gonna be a charity game.
Speaker 1: We can't wait. So you saying if you all right? So you and who against Drake and twenty one Savage two on two, Me and Brow, me and Brunt, No smoke, He just said no, we won't. Yeah you said no, Like I'm gonna smoke them like He's like, no, yeah, you talk about so two on two. I'm calling ice Que tomorrow. We're gonna make a different league. Me and bro against him in twenty one. That's sweet. Let me go.
Speaker 2: That's over league.
Speaker 1: Do we got this? Okar? We think if we come right, come on, we all yeah, under dog Fantasy.
Speaker 3: We finally are able to, you know, speak about sports, make a little bit.
Speaker 1: Of money, save some people some money.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's right, makeable some money, money, money.
Speaker 1: So what we're doing this week, We're going right into Super Bowl Sunday big.
Speaker 6: We need the Drink Chances Army to download the Underdog Fantasy app.
Speaker 2: Used the Drink Champs or drink or Champs, that's right.
Speaker 6: And for every hundred up to one hundred dollars that you deposit, it'll get matched because you use the Drink Champs.
Speaker 1: Coach Efn's got money. He's batching the money himself. That's those that have been sleeping on the rock. Is the Kansas City Chiefs versus the San Francisco forty nine ers in Las Vegas.
Speaker 2: I go with the Chiefs.
Speaker 3: Ask me why I'm going with the Chiefs. Why are you going with the Chiefs. We do not go against Mahomes. I love that alone time ago.
Speaker 6: And we don't go against Strange Music Tech nine man. They celebrated two shoutouts to them man as their team's love.
Speaker 1: How you made that? Make it?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Okay, Strange Music shut shout out to all that. But I'm going with San Francisco forty nine ers. I think Defense is going to step it up. I think they're they're gonna follow suit and destroy the Las Vegas numbers. The Super Bowls in Vegas. Yeah, okay, allegiate stadium marijuana is legal, so it's hooking. Watch yourself pick. However, I like Kansas City to squeak it out. It's gonna be a close game, but it's three to one right now. As an underdog and underdog fantasy, I think I'll be the underdog in this pick. I think forty nine ers will do it.
Speaker 2: Why do you think forty nine is an underdog in this?
Speaker 1: Absolutely bro everybody's not picking again Mahmie or Kelsey, But forty nine has got Christian McCaffrey and deebo I like his name, deebo Man. Yeah, it's deebo I like them on Friday too.
Speaker 2: So what are the picks?
Speaker 1: Man? What are we doing? What? What are we what? How am I going to make bread? Yeah? Let me breaking. Not this motherfucker who's lower, let's go take him out. Of all these pigs that we're discussing, they're all on the under dog Fantasy at we're just not making this ship up right. That's right. You download on the Dog Fantasy and use the promo code drink Champs and get you a.
Speaker 3: Drink or chance and get your one hundred dollars the code Drink Champs Promo Code Drink Camp Drinks or Champs under Dog Fantasy download right now.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you what's your favorite? Making the record or performing the record? May making your record, right, I think making the record because just to create a space of I feel like when you like from an artist respect. In my opinion, I'm already making the record with purpose and knowing if I'm going to perform and shoot it or whatever. Already already know what you're doing with exactly. So it's like I'm already like once once I'm at least getting the process of it. I can figure how that's gonna recollect and shows or whatever from the first day I'll make it, you know what I'm saying, Shows, video, how it's gonna be. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You do a lot of festivals, right, yeah? I do festivals. Yeah, So what I'm saying, I mean I heard you you you be out the big festival.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I done LATAs. I did LATAs and you know rolling laughs and all this ship. Yeah, all the big festivals that's turk Urban. Yeah. Yeah. I like the fact that you say that.
Speaker 3: Some people say that they think that you don't have a hit record, but you say, I can't tell because my fans.
Speaker 1: Is it's a hit with fans and matter every motherfucking night. So it's like I'll be saying this a lot, like like not in a bad way. I feel like it's I'll be like I feel like one hit record away because I never really called a break while I went top Billboard and no shit like that, you know what I'm saying. But I always built the core fan base because I stayed consistent in a way where I feel, you know what I'm saying. The people who fuck with me, you feel me like organically, whether it's like me dropping enough projects on me just being featured on enough shit because everybody fuck with me, and you know what I'm saying, delivering in that type of way. But and I ain't gonna lie. I feel like I ain't never really had the advantage to just really drop consistently how I wanted to, because I ain't never mapped it up the way I wanted to. You feel what I'm saying and what I'm saying that like on some shit, well like me being independent the whole time, I can drop music, but I ain't never really like putting the rollouts where it's like, all right, bet I'm from the drop folk mixtapes or two albums or some shit. There's a certain budget allocatese how you do it exactly because I know Nigga really doing this shit independence so on. Everything is how you can do it when that can do it, you feel I'm saying exactly, you know how this shit goes. It's like, I feel like we're having that. If I would have had the advantage to really do that. From a perspective of somebody who got a label budget or whatever, he'll say, you know what I'm saying, Like, shit, I feel like ship would probably like slowed me down. I'm glad it, Like you know what I'm saying, I'm glad I built some shit organically where it's like I don't have to chase it, right, I don't have to chase it.
Speaker 6: You're better than most artists, you know what I'm saying. You don't need that machine. You don't need that budget. If the budget comes to you, eventually, you're gonna know how to use it, but you don't need that like to have to not have a hit record like the technical hit record and have the falling you have is amazing, man like like salutes.
Speaker 1: Your fans are crazy.
Speaker 2: B I'm saying, it's like I feel like that ship really but I'm.
Speaker 3: Gonna Benna be his devil advocate if they come with that bag. Some labels take that guy, Damn.
Speaker 1: Me and him.
Speaker 6: Read the contract problem. Don't just take the back. The one is that the back is a loan man. It's alone. It's not a bad It's very true. Very I'm gonna hold onto it a little bit like it's like.
Speaker 1: This, you know it's very true.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I feel like it was like I said, it was like some I didn't even know what it was like in my math, didn't know what it was. I felt like I was building like a real business where I can go. I got the opportunity to like say, yeah, Nick, you know what I'm saying. You feel me like we're building it because I don't have to like put it. I could put out music and just feed my audience, Like I don't got to make sure I got a single or whatever before I drop an album or you know what I'm saying, Like just certain ship, I got the advantage. It's just pros and cons with being able to just be like independent, having a coin fan base where it's like they just wait on me to drop music. They don't get on.
Speaker 2: You're in a place where every artist wants to be in.
Speaker 1: It is like, do't matter what the fuck I drop or drop it, they just tuned in for what's coming up.
Speaker 3: And you got this weird balance, right, Because what I mean by that is most of the time you have the respect from the fans or you have the respect from the industry. A lot of people don't have that balance of having both, and you got that, like, you got the respect from the fans. The fans respect you equally how the industry respects you. And that's, like I said, I labeled it weird because I have no other word to name because that's weird. I've never seen that. I've never really seen the equal amount of respect. Do you do you feel that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, I think that's just like and when I hear it from like like from people, Yeah, we can definitely take a shot for that. You know that.
Speaker 2: I'm just let's take two shots for that, brother, Let's do it.
Speaker 1: Because because because because.
Speaker 3: I ain't gonna lie shots, we've been doing that shots.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, I need another one. I've been we've been doing shots. She said, I got you. But that's a that's a seldom very rare thing. Now I'll be noticing that though, Bro, I don't last like it just comes from from being solid. Man. I just been trying to like and it's like I felt like in a way, no funny ship, Like I think when I when I was so young and when this ship started taking off of me, I think I didn't just like understand why I start power understand who I was. Well I never really got close to like certain other artists or it did certain capitalize all that. Yeah, I didn't capitalize on it early on, you feel what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So I felt like with that, like and people fucked with me.
Speaker 1: By the time it got to a point where I think I felt comfortable with myself. People fucked with me, and then I was able to build general relationships where it's like now these people I fuck with, I actually fuck with, like on a genuine relationship or level, or a personal relationship level, like a business relation, business relationship, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Like it's just really growing on that type of shit, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So it's like, I think that just came from really it was natural though, because I wasn't And I see now like I started learning years later that shit really handled my career where it's like certain shit, I wasn't pulling up to certain shows when artists was in town come out and do certain shit, Like I remember one time, bro, I ain't gonna lot my homie Kobe Man god Rich. So he got killed in twenty and thirteen, and and TI had came to the town. He had came to Chicago, and he was like, you know, trying to get up with a nigga, like Tip was trying to get up. You're like, man, he wanted me to pull up to the shop on Stony and but literally I saw the gone outside waiting on the ambulams and picked my homie body up. Off we write there, sorry for that watching them. You feel what I'm saying, like certain shiit like and I feel like it hinted like hinting my career because I used to have that same type of mask. Said well, I wasn't just doing shit because I felt like I was like too like deep in the streets. So I felt like I was too like stuck in my way as well. I ain't want to like put myself in an uncomfortable environment or uncomfortable like place to try to like go mingle with other people with stars and shit like that. You feel what I'm saying, like, because I ain't want to, like just going to LAMB was just trying to like you should me. So it's just ain't gona lie for years and year that ship was my problem. Though. I moved to Miami, right, and I would like to say Miami saved my life. Right, Well, you're welcome, damn tell them how you really feel.
Speaker 3: But I was saying, I was like, yeah, I would just say that Miami kind of saved my life, right, because.
Speaker 1: But I still get those phone calls. Yeah such and such is over for him. You know, he just died. They killed him over there that I fell to a certain extent, Miami helps me deal with that pain that's being in La. Help you, because I mean, I'm sure we get the same phone now, That's what I'm saying. I feel like La definitely did that because that's dope, even like just being in a different environment that it's not a brown You feel what I'm saying, Like, I remember Chief Keith moved to l A right exactly, Like That's why I got with the Paintball ship. That's why I really that's another reason why I really just like fuck with SoCal so much because he just always took a chance and just doing ship like he just went to l A. You feel me like they gave other niggas like that's what it's like, Damn Social could do it, we could do it, Like that's what I felt like. You feel me like Social more to l A. I'm like, I could go to LA you know what I'm saying. Yo, when it did, bro Like you know, but that ship was like when that ship wasn't possible to us, like niggas going to move to l A type of Los Angeles lost one and never coming back Like that was my intentions, Like I'm going to go out there and never come back. You feel me like that's what I felt like and still rep the city and still the city, you know what I'm saying. But of course nigga really went back and you know what I'm saying. I'm just saying like we didn't even think that shit was possible for folks went out then that made me like, all right, man, folks could do it. We could do it. That's real ship.
Speaker 3: Talk about Blues feature in the future. Blue was on Bro very hard to get Future on the record on him. Yeah you cannot get Future on the record. Yeah that's big Brow.
Speaker 1: I ain't only.
Speaker 2: Future like no boys shit.
Speaker 1: He he wanted to like real, like real niggas that really like gave niggas some like guy, that's when they came to real life ship like this is why I really fun with fun with Big Bro for real, because he employed you to the side and like tell you some ship that you wouldn't even think he was paying attention to. Like that's what made me know, like big Bro, it is a real nigga, Like he had come tell me some ship like yeah, man, I've seen this or some ship they got probably do it like your carell or some personal ship and you wouldn't even think you no big like big up, yeah, big Bro for real because like that unless you know, like he really fuck with me gingerly trying to taste and ship that like I really help you, you know what I'm saying, Like so like music.
Speaker 3: He see the whole ship like heep keeping down with Dungeon Family exact then.
Speaker 1: He's hip hop.
Speaker 2: The first time I metic Bro was was in the hood anyway, like in my neighborhood.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. What what the first time you met Future was in where Yeah? Yeah yeah, shout of the zone, man, big bro. Bro, first time I met Pluto was h you call him Future. We realize you've been calling interview you know, yeah, that's that's name the world. But yeah, the first time I met Bros ship like twenty sixteen or some ship, and like in the neighbor in my neighborhood though, like right, but he was just hanging out in your neighborhood, bro, Nah, stop for real, no bullshit. He didn't on you. No, he was outside posted up in the trenches. Man, stop that I ain't for real, Future just outside on your hood in your.
Speaker 2: Hood, brola.
Speaker 1: He was to his own man shouts on the front of Yeah, the first time I met him just pulled up on on some random ship. But yeah, bro, real nigga.
Speaker 2: Ain't know you before you met.
Speaker 1: Him, like you just hain't no hanging on me? Hell no, not for real. Well he knew me a little bit, but not. No. Yeah, that's fine, Future, you know that let's talk about this record. How did you how did you come about? Since on bro south Side south Side he had put the ship together. I was putting the hour he was in Miami. I had pulled up on him. You know, broke. He you know that's ship easy for broke, for for for for the future man, that ship he definitely don't right. Yeah, this shit come like second Nation. Just you put up on brow in the studio, you just play some shit. If he fucked with it that ship, then it takes him like twenty minutes. He's just like, I ain't never really like and I ain't lie when when when he recorded that ship? When he recorded it, I had went back on my second verse cuz like I seen like how he like his whole process and ship like how he did it. It made me go back. It made me go back on my ship like on the second part, like on the second part of my verse, like just basically how like you go like different catuses like I'll be like I'll be seeing some rap shit. You know, I just really just try to like go by for bah like I like, after bro putting some shit on there, I may it made like take the bars off, go different catus like on some a lot of shit type shit, but like yeah, shout out the broke on he he just challenging niggas just on some how it was recording process. He get in and just and I'm sure any nigga could contest when you getting in the studio, Pulo, like how you record it just makes you want to.
Speaker 2: Like, I love.
Speaker 3: Listen because you got like fifteen thousand.
Speaker 1: Features, right, yeah, I got a lot of features. Now I got you sot sourced up.
Speaker 3: Has there ever been somebody that fronting on you that you wanted to do a record with.
Speaker 1: Let's keep it real.
Speaker 3: Now you're wanna drink chance, keep it real now, one person in fronting on everybody. Let's just keep it real. I got my Maya front of it on me. She's coming under this. She did a record with her.
Speaker 1: Yes, I did a record with her. You I won't really say fronted, but if I was gonna say, like any creature I really anticipated coming out that never really coming and came out that I was trying to fuck with, was was ya your head for me?
Speaker 2: He was, Yeah, this is before down. That was like two three years ago.
Speaker 1: I was locked in. Yeah, we had did like two three songs. I pulled up on in the rack and I did some other ship in New York. He had sent me. We had blond hair at this time. This was like, right, be photoblode, before the blod before the.
Speaker 3: Spots in the head, toause, I'm trying to figure out, bro, Bro, this is before before that, before the spots in the head. Okay, all right, so y'all winning the studio.
Speaker 2: In Chicago, y'all.
Speaker 1: But we had did some ship. He really like, I had I laid some ship and he told me to redo it. Of course, you know how he is. He's super like strategic, picky and ship. But when he did, I feel like when he told me to redo it, that ship was over hard, like he made me do some crazy.
Speaker 2: He wasn't feeling that. No, no, I did. I liked that I fun through the ship. But you was agreeing with him telling you to redo it?
Speaker 1: Y yeah, yeah, okay, yeah, but like what really, what I'm saying is like, when I did the ship the ship, I was thinking that sh was going to come out on his project. But I was trying to use it too though. I was trying to use it for some of my ship. So he basically, ain't let me use it for me trying to get some ship thinking it's gonna come on his ship, and it ain't never come on his ship.
Speaker 2: But other than that, I ain't really Why couldn't you use it?
Speaker 1: I don't want to use it no more? After after it was already put my Huh you didn't want to use it? I had already put my project out. Yeah, So.
Speaker 3: If you have a chance with you work with Kanye gon produced or produced and feature.
Speaker 1: You know he probably like work. Then they're gonna produce the ship anyway. Let somebody else do it, you know what I'm saying. But like, I ain't gonna lie to with or like, I just like just got a different type of love for you because you know he's from the crib man. Yeah, I got a lot, but he's super genius. Let me just say, yeah, superhasic. I write rhymes and calligraphy in my mind.
Speaker 2: Calligraphy I killed that out of control right now.
Speaker 3: And graffiti calligraphy and graffiti, calligraffiti, calligraphiti No one if I if you, if I show you how I write rhymes, you'll be like, there's no way.
Speaker 1: That's a rhyme.
Speaker 3: The only man in the world that could read my rhymes. Kanye, that man read my ship. We were in carbon and were sitting there. What's the guy name was? What's the guy named.
Speaker 1: U? Trump's trumps homie Jared Kushner.
Speaker 2: Come on, that's a weird name drop right now.
Speaker 1: Bro, Oh you think I'm bullshit?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I don't think I got that and everything that aut Yeah, you don't know we talking about. So I'm in Crump's daughter's husband.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, So I'm in car Phone who was a part of Trump's cabinet. So I'm in there and then and then and Yea said something to me, and I'm like.
Speaker 6: Oh, yeah, I was when Jared was right there, Yeah, Jared, Jared, he said listen, you're right.
Speaker 1: He said, well.
Speaker 3: I was like, so Yay said something and I said, oh, ship, Look, I was writing this earlier. So I showed it to him, thinking like, because no one can read my handwriting, it's just not possible. Nobody pone my wife, nobody that nigga ye read my ship like he was.
Speaker 1: Proh was like he really read. And when he was wrapping it, you know what I'm saying, like, y rapped rapping it like he's reading like I grabbed my phone, giving me my ship. I had never knew any no, no, go back, go back, go back, relax list hold on, yeah, wait wait yeah, come on, let's go.
Speaker 2: Now. We both we got both got quite away what I'm saying. He read your lyrics that you wrote, he said, rapping it, like all right.
Speaker 1: And this is real talk. He had just did the Cardi B verse.
Speaker 3: So when he did the CARDIV verse, he says something and I was like, oh, ship, look I wrote that this morning. Whatever he said on the Cardi B verse, I was like, loo, I suanted to say I wrote that.
Speaker 1: Most people would look at that one line and give you back your phone. He sat there and read my whole rhyme.
Speaker 2: He was like, how many how many verses you had?
Speaker 1: How many? It's like a.
Speaker 2: Twenty four bar verse, and he reaped it the whole line.
Speaker 1: I said, motherfucker, I never capoon, can't do that. I wrapped your pool for my whole fucking life.
Speaker 2: But he wrapped in a way that you were like me, yes, what you said? He wrapped in what because this is the thing you're saying that.
Speaker 1: He said it in a way that it sounded like you yes, yes, I swear to God I had never I gave him my phone expected him to be That's what I'm trying to figure out. Like that's saying he reading it or you're saying read it like like you're confusing. Wait hold please, So I'm here for the ship. So you're saying he reading it off your notes right or your handwriting? It's not your hand right now? He goes my hand right on his phone owns my hand, right hand right right right? Bro stopping, bro, what do you mean it was my hand? It was my notes.
Speaker 2: There's my notes tell writing?
Speaker 1: Wait what.
Speaker 2: You you another?
Speaker 1: You're another way?
Speaker 2: Is he tripping on my tripping?
Speaker 1: He's tripping? Okay, what's your phone right? It's on my phone hand? All right? Listen, listen, listen. Let me let me read editate just saying he plays me the Cardid verse that he had just did for Cardi B.
Speaker 2: This's not outright.
Speaker 1: So one line on there, I wanted him to know on your phone what you just said. I wrote this on your phone, on my phone. So I showed him my notes, my voice, not my voice. No excuse me, Uh you know a yellow pad, but you ain't.
Speaker 2: I'm not your hand.
Speaker 3: It's not my hand, right, Okay, you're fucking found motherfucker.
Speaker 1: The I'm so I'm tripping though, that's my what I'm saying that because the reason why I'm saying, I don't yeah, all right, you know I don't know what you what I'm saying. No, one can't read my ship, all right, because I'm writing the feeding all right, so he read it. But I'm saying, all right, so even how you read it, he read me and your flow, how you would have rapped like me? Like how you would have wrapped it?
Speaker 3: Yes, And I got scared if a motherfucker, I said, give you up my phone?
Speaker 2: Have any bards like it.
Speaker 1: Was it was like twenty four he hit all twenty four but like he was just like and I'm looking at this motherfucker like because I'm like, who the hell said that? Yeah, I'm like, oh my phone, give back that niggas a gens. I believe that. Let's talk about lawyer Feest, Lawyer Feast.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Let's yeah, let's see that's that's that's Polo again. Man. You know little good Yeah, man, liberal got a different type of chemistry. Man, you call him. You got a nickname for heybody, what he said? Bro, I said, Polo, that's just Broski Bro Okay, Well yeah, man man, we got a different type of chemistry for Shure, Like I said, we getting it. But Bro, thank you. Listen, guys, I got nothing to do with this side of the room.
Speaker 2: Work like that.
Speaker 1: That you know that one with the Champaga Kodak, you go break He's home bro home, Yeah for sure, man man, that's the homie. Bro. That's my dog. Is a good dude. Bro.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Coke Coke cod I ain't gonna lie, you cannot. We love you, Kodak, stay home, stay home, Kodak.
Speaker 1: We love you. Bro. I love that that boy. Let me just tell you something. Let me address the critics real quick. The critics and what a lot of people are like, Oh my god, he was so fun drink chance, he's fucking drunk. That's a lie.
Speaker 3: That motherfucker stayed here for four hours afterwards if he was high.
Speaker 1: And fucked up out of here.
Speaker 3: That motherfucker stayed out here and shut down on the block, the whole block. He stayed here and fucking sign autographs.
Speaker 1: Bro, like you broke bro Man, niggas smart as hell, Kodak and real on, man, come on, man, let's leap. And I hate addressing like you know, ship like that, but you know, I wanted to defend him one to defending him. He was not high, he was he was, he was cool, he was he was just Kodak man bro.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well Yak was just being yak man bro.
Speaker 1: And that's the thing about y'all generation.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of our generation started to judge.
Speaker 1: Y'all in that aspect.
Speaker 3: What I mean is that's we was exactly y'all, exactly everything y'all did, we did, but then now that we're older, we were.
Speaker 1: Over they let him do that. I think it's I think it's probably like the internet perception, like everything being broadcasted on the Internet. You know what I'm saying. I think like everybody clicked the judge us and like I'm George y'all. You know what I'm saying. But at the end of the day, bro, every like every artist, everybody got their own flaws, got an on every you know what I'm saying, Like personal ship going on, you know what I'm saying, But like like I ain't saying like no artists for instance, or whatever the case may be, Like and I'm glad that you're saying that, because Ship, all we did was follow the footsteps of what we've seen and what we do.
Speaker 2: You know, we're just right, which is not necessarily right.
Speaker 1: That wasn't necessarily right, but it was right because at the end of the day, it was the foundation of helping us get to where we are. You know what I'm saying, all done something that was unthinkable or seeing or heard, and what's wrong and it was wrong. It was wrong.
Speaker 2: I always say something our generation fucked up.
Speaker 1: Our generation fucked up this kind of And I'm not blaming.
Speaker 2: I'm not blaming Noor.
Speaker 1: Ain't nobody pointing on fish. No, but no, I'm telling you something right now.
Speaker 6: This is what I'm from the DJ aspect, not the artist aspect, but the DJs. What happened is in the nineties hip hop started making money, real money.
Speaker 1: This is my my opinion.
Speaker 2: I can't tell you what it is.
Speaker 1: It's my opinion.
Speaker 6: And what I think happened is that the artist said, who Ship, we're making real money. We're not going to ever get hold It's like the Yolo forever. We're not gonna pass down information and we're not gonna change anything. We're not gonna this is not a culture. We're gonna make this business. We're gonna make money forever. And then that's what happened. There was a stagnation of information of culture and.
Speaker 1: To a mad big words and information.
Speaker 6: But he knows, he's words. He don't know, it's just real, man. And that's that's what happened, bro. Like like there was a part of a section of time where people stop informing each other.
Speaker 1: No, for sure, he right now, because it's like we picked up the the back the ship, the backlash and everything y'all did right and wrong. Y'all right, everything wrong y'all did? We picked up too? You knowe what I'm saying right was yeah, wrong and right. So it's like it was a you know, we gotta of course be grateful. We got to take what come with it, like you said, you gotta take that come in the bad. But as far as like the like the perspective imagery, like the perspective of an artist and what you put out and the negativity that come behind that and just the misinformation of the business and whatever. You know what I'm saying exactly, that's what I'm saying, Like you just said the same thing. So like both of them, it was like it was like a two flip coin. We took in a good and a bad. It was just what came ahad, you know, the generation before us, and then it's like the generation after us going to do the same thing.
Speaker 3: That was like, I mean, it's deep because to a certain extent, I take place in that right you do, we do?
Speaker 2: We do?
Speaker 3: Meaning there was a lot of foul artists that came before me, and when I seen them, they never gave me advice. So I was like, fuck it, right, fuck them, nigga, right this industry, it's true. I'm gonna stay in my own fucking zone. And then I actually didn't give advice to young homies when I seen them. When I seen them, I felt like they felt like how I felt like fucking this young, this older nigga, because everybody.
Speaker 1: And the older older is actually dope. The older you get to be old.
Speaker 2: It's a luxury. It's a luxury.
Speaker 6: Come.
Speaker 2: That's why I look up to to That's why I look up to you.
Speaker 1: I mean so much. You know what I'm saying. But listen, like how you seeing that that ship only passed on generating the marijuana. You want to go back to blunt? Yeah, yeah, this is this is, this is this is you want to call it. You want to color cocaine, Yeah, this is blunt. I ain't smoking cool so long my lungs are still on drink. But so what I'm saying to say, it's like so like for like the generation you're saying, like, all right, fucking these niggas, I ain't sharing, no, lie, ain't showing up what Like in the industry, I see first hearing the niggas like you might have like bad experience with a certain artist.
Speaker 2: Now you don't fuck with nobody dudes, like and that's you Just that's terrible.
Speaker 1: That it's like, damn, Now the next nigga who you might really fuck with, you look, he might looking at you like you a certain way. You might be looking at him like he is a certain way. You feel what I'm saying just off the fact that you just holding on to that and that's going hinder your career too, just like you feel me. It's just like I didn't seen that shit firsthand, Like you got to meet Nipsey, Yeah yeah, yeah, Nipper, you know it's so crazy, man, bro, I ain't even being funny. I'm glad you asking these questions. This shit like coming up because one of my first experiences when I first met Nipsey, I was I used to be going to l A like I was like twenty younger said, I'm in the rental. I think I'm in like a Bentley or something. I'm going to a random as seven eleven. That's when I'm used to be drinking lane all type of ship. I'm going to a.
Speaker 2: Random seven eleven and I'm going to grab like a kid or something.
Speaker 1: This nigga Nip pull up in a black may Back dole, little bad itself go to the ATM looking. I'm like this, Nip do look I know that seven eleven. No, we wasn't even in Beverly Hills. He was like, we was about a wash boss on gal so someone we was in the We wasn't in no Beverly Hills. Now he pulled up eating the Mayback on bro. I hollered on like damn you know like this was early on and U g herbro at this time. No, we were like, yeah, you know who I am. You know I wouldn't turn turn I'm like on some like I'm just turning in. Yeah, I'm turning in on Bro and I see Bro, you know, like we just fucking around like damn, like you know what I'm saying. That just maybe like that's how we locked in, Like I ain't gonna lie. It was just like like every like since that day, you feel what I'm saying. Me and Bro like always had like a different you know what I'm saying, but that shit crazy. That was one of my first like LA experiences, was what I'm saying, like you you just moved there at that point.
Speaker 2: I was just visiting that.
Speaker 1: I wasn't even moving there, like it was one of my first LA experiences, and I'm seeing him like it was I was like on some fan shit, Yeah you feel me Like I'm like, damn, I gonna nep. You feel what I'm saying, Well, he pull up in the maybag though little bad self. But I'm like, damn, Bro, real street nails. You like though little Badself, you feel what I'm saying, like godless and so I saw the god that ship that made me like super gravitate to him like damn. That was my first time ever meeting him though, But it wasn't on no rap shit. You feel me like me and Bro never got no chance to do no music or nothing like that. But every time we see each other it was much you love and shit, it's off that one acounter bro, Bro, we got to a shot for that on Bro, Damn, damn.
Speaker 2: I ain't got no They gotta bring me on from here. She said, you want some of this?
Speaker 1: You I think you want you want some of this, Bro, I'm gonna put some of this in him. Come on, man, cook gag some of you. Just gonna try to get you across over to the.
Speaker 2: Look recipes in that.
Speaker 1: Bro, But me keep it back to you. Man, Do you realize how much hip hop love you? You realize how much hip hop fuck with you?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You do? Now you I'm starting, yeah, like all finish, I'm starting to realize for real.
Speaker 2: You go, like appreciate the culture for it's doing for you.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 2: I'm definitely appreciating it. You know what I'm saying. It's like it loves you.
Speaker 1: Bro. I started so early and it's like still young, and I'm just yelling. I think I'm so ambitious. I feel like it's like just me trying to be trying to go out legendary and be perfect. I feel like i'd be a little hard on myself, but I do realize, you know what I'm saying, like I ain't gonna lie. And then what made me realize I'm gonna be honest is getting loved from like niggas that I really grew up listening to and looking up to, like niggas like you and these niggas like kids, or just any niggas that I really grew up fucking with. You feel what I'm saying, like the Waynes Drakes, Plutos, everybody that I really like, ad Maya. You feel what I'm saying like ever in my life, and I really feel genuine love from them. That'd be the like the really extra push that I really fuck with, you know what I'm saying. And then like it'd be like when I fuck with like my peers and like the youngest generation too, I be always wanting to like just fuck with niggas Like That's why even any little artists that come out of Chicago or any other city that I know going crazy, like I just gam shit, I just be jumping on shit like whatever, because I wanted to do like I feel like I Maya when Wayne went on that run and he was just on everybody shit, no matter who you were, as long as you was turned up and coming whoever. Like he just went on everybody's ship. Like I got that same mentality because I looked up to it and like, Wayne, you feel me, and it's just like it's showing love at the end of the day. But it's just like it's like it's competition because I'm in competition with myself. Well, I just want to be on everybody's ship. I want to be heard. You feel me, But I'm just showing love. There's so many artists and I don't mean look at it like that. You feel me, and you're gonna do a record, bro, got a fine one because you are elder crazy tomorrow. But man, let me just say we're not Internet's motherfucker hitting too. Hey man, you know more boy boris right there rolling in hip hop.
Speaker 5: Starting the park it all. You know, Uh saved all of my life. But hip hop.
Speaker 1: It's a business. At what point did you start to say, damn, just this ain't about the law. This is about the business.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: It's so crazy. I'm glad you're aking that. Like now just became to a point after me doing this shit for ten twelve years where it's like I did so much shit I love it don't even matter no more. I've done everything you can out of the world. You feel what I'm saying this, And it was really like, well a point where like you know what I'm saying. You know, some certain people say that shit where they feel like it's coming from a place of resentfulness, you know, like meaning what like when people say like, alright, there's no more, no more shit, I ain't doing no more shit out of love. You feel what I'm saying Like, I feel like certain times when people do that, it's come from a place resentful. It's where they feel like they don't want to do it because they angry about something. You know what I'm saying, Like I'm on some shit where it's like I just know everything I put forth. I know my work, so it's like I don't have to like already done, like where it's like even when it got to do it actually charged us, Like I didn't did so much shit out of love. I don't got to charge for nothing. I could go get a favor from it. Then anybody in the industry justice my face card good. But I did so much side of shit, you got credit. You feel what I'm saying, like no bullshit, and like that's worth more than money, you feel me, So it's way more worth them, Yeah, exactly. And I learned that really like on some shit right now where it's like I didn't did so much shit just on some here here here because I'm just trying to show love. But it was actually beneficial to so many people where it changed last it did help niggas careers or you know what I'm saying. So it's like, shit, it put me in favor, you know, it put me in favor to be able to go get you know what I'm saying. Shit doesn't need to be if I need to, you know what I'm saying. So it's like shit, and it happened organically. I wasn't doing the intensity like all right, I'm doing this because I want to favor, you know, Like shit just happened, and it's like now I could go reach out to my reach go far, like whether it's for me or anybody, like I could be building an artist and go get you a bed, a good artist or a placement where they probably favorite artists, just off the strips of shit that I didn't done. You know what I'm saying where it's gonna be like easy, you know, and that's not what's never my intention. Just like certain shit just go hand in hand because your face card go along way. Like I built that over the course of shit ten twelve years of just doing shit out off the love, just me being a solid. You know. Take a shot to that. I'm sorry, you ain't got to tea. We take a shot, so you got a tan, yes, soler, because they're like the tim shot. I mean, I mean, count ten twelve, who's counting? Who's counting?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna take a peepees twenty times.
Speaker 1: I'll let you go first, then I go after we all go together. You gotta take a piss too.
Speaker 3: Boom good, all right, cool yead, Holy moly, come on, this is the first time smoking the blood?
Speaker 1: What was your smoking earlier? Uh? Backwood with a joint with the papers around? Where do they do that ship? I've been smoking so long, I just like to I stually got to hit my chest hard. I'm like the feeling them. So what do you smoke on a regular basis?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 1: Like what like some more? Yeah, like what kind of But what's your favorite.
Speaker 2: Shit?
Speaker 1: Any any anxiety, any purpose.
Speaker 5: It was gelattoo on a gelato home.
Speaker 1: Bro, you ever smoked our diesel? I used to smoke stout diesel like early freshman yeah, high school type shit. It smoked Hayes. Yeah, I fuck with the Hayes. I used to fuck with Hayes, like when I first started coming to New York. That was probably like two thousand and hang it with Dominican sixteen. Only smoke Hazes a few times though, Like, but I fucked with it though. I wasn't mad at that type of ship, Like, but I ain't never I wasn't.
Speaker 2: You wasn't man, I fuck with hate.
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna whow to fuck with a little bit. He was indictment. You ever been indictment? I was in youngest younkers? Okay, yes, Jada Kiss shit, he got the Hayes there, that's yeah, that's all that, Jady Kiss. We established.
Speaker 3: You trying to work with an artist, But there is there any artists that you want to work with that you haven't worked with yet?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's some shoot. I ain't gonna live. But if I had to really pick, like my ultimate, I always be seeing this ship. I don't know why I was just like, I really like I want to I want to, like, man, this ship sounded crazy. I want to really get in the studio and really like do a song like with like Lawren. Hell want some.
Speaker 3: Lauren, Yeah, I want some real life with the braves of the boy had either either the Lord, either the Lord. We're gonna take either version of what I'm just saying, Like if.
Speaker 1: I had to pick all the way Lord, dream feature, my dream feature though.
Speaker 3: Okay, so God comes down from heaven. Okay, Aliens come down from heavens. The Aliens say, I need you to make one record for me.
Speaker 1: I need you to pick who's going to be the producer and who's gonna do the hook? Who won't be the producer, who won't do the hook? Yeah, Aliens and God together, I don't know why they get stay together, and they say, gee, we gotta save planet Earth. One record, one one producer, anybody on the hook'd all live, They're coming outside. That was Presley Nigga. That Presley could be I want to anybody.
Speaker 3: Jackson one Dad all live, you hit Mike bro I gotta go, Prince Jackson, Prince could be the one.
Speaker 2: I gotta go. I gotta go prins on.
Speaker 1: The hook, rints on the hook, and I'm going and I'm going yay on the beat. Bro, I gotta take a piss coming. You killed that? You win? Bro, going like that too hard.
Speaker 6: I don't know what the funk y'all were talking about, but I'm gonna bring it back to Chicago. So you got connected with Common through no Id, Right, So where were you guys? Like what was the connection between old Chicago hip hop and new Chicago hip hop?
Speaker 1: I think it was like, like what was a respect level as well off? And I think I really think it was a transition of like Chicago hip hop always was on some like.
Speaker 2: In a way it was like can I say something real quick before you keep going? And I don't want to interrupt.
Speaker 6: I'm interrupting, actually, but I just want to say, like I was reading on you, right, and people were saying like Drill had a perception of non lyrics, but you actually brought lyrics, like you was actually a person that was spitting right, And I feel like you was bringing the what was happening already with Common and Kanye and these guys like he was bringing that level of lyricism to your music.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So that's all said for like often to say, I think in Chicago, like the transition of like you know, niggas like Common, Yay, Twist all them.
Speaker 2: They really raped thrills what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So, like in Chicago when the drill scene and the whole era came about, it wasn't really like on a lyricism type shit. It was like it was me up tempo urn music. That's why they felt like drill was a whole another genre. But it wasn't.
Speaker 2: It was just like a term of like expression.
Speaker 1: Basically, drill was an expression in the music that we It was just a beat, a certain type of beat.
Speaker 2: That's it exactly but exactly.
Speaker 1: So It's like what I'm saying is like what Chicago music was before and then was like rap. You know what I'm saying, ship like that from the comments, the Twisters and Yay's and all that shit. You know what I'm saying, Like you feel what I'm saying, so like loope you feel me bump right all? You know what I'm saying. Like when that music trans like transcended into some whole water shit, I never really did in that lane like I always was on some rap shit anyways like you feel me, I grew up listening to that type of era.
Speaker 2: You did listen to that era? Yeah, heah yeah.
Speaker 1: And I grew up listening to New York rappers too. You feel what I'm saying, Like I grew up listening to all type of genres when it came to hip hop. I mean not genres. I'm just saying all types of artists. You just love.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love hip hop as the best way to say probably so Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was saying, like when I came out, I never really like labeled myself as a drill artist. Always like was on some shit like I'm just a rapper. You feel what I'm saying like I could exactly. I was fifteen years old, sixteen years old when that shit came out, but I was on I was one of the only people that actually was rapping on old simple beats, saying rapping over shit that kiss made a wrapped over or meat was wrapped You know what I'm saying. I was really on some shit like my first two three four freestyles I put out was over meat beats. You feel what I'm saying. This was twenty ten to twenty eleven, and shit like you know what I'm saying, Like, yeah, so it was like I was always on some shit I was trying to rap anyway, Like I was never trying to put myself in that box of drill wrap, you know what I'm saying. So it's like I think that's why I was able to like connect with the comments and shit like that, like how you saying, Like it reached out and like nothing like to go off subject all the way.
Speaker 2: My uncle who passed away, his name was kay Tom.
Speaker 1: He already yeah, he already knew them like he already like knew Common and uh yay and the legendary tracks to they had. They was a group called Trevin Tracks. So in Chicago, my uncle was like a legendary producer away and that was my blood uncle, you feel what I'm saying. So I was like I'm in the studio around him and already getting that foundation with twisted them around. Do it that all these crystial conflict all in My uncle was already well respected in the industry in Chicago when it came to that type of stuff. Like Mickey Houston, who was my first manager, he knew my uncle, like you know what I'm saying. So already like had like a love for music when it came to just looking up to him and wanted to be like him. You know what I'm saying, So like when they like I feel like when my whole, like when me and Baby when we came out. I don't know, maybe it's just like over East, so it's just the music we listened to. We didn't We was always on some rap shit like the whole. We never steered away from hip hop. You feel what I'm saying. We need to try to, like to tear away from bars like lyricism twelve sixteen thirty two of US rap rap. You feel what I'm saying, Like lyricism, We never like we never shot away from that, Like That's what I'm trying to say, Like that's always what I was on from the moment.
Speaker 3: I choose to be a rapper, right, Yeah, I know wesed on it earlier, right, but I went and looked at my Twitter when I went to the bathroom, and it's still people think that drill music started in London.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know why. That's crazy. Why do you think that? I think because I don't know. I feel like overseas, like in London. They had such a big wave, which just like how they was able to trans wait.
Speaker 6: Through following in London. Let's just start with there. I ain't really imagine you have.
Speaker 1: The biggest following tour or then nothing in London yet. But I want to go out.
Speaker 6: Haven't gone overseas? No, No, I ain't got I guarantee you got a big overseas audience.
Speaker 1: Bro, you gotta go, you gotta go.
Speaker 2: No, I ain't got no overseas. No here bro getting the funk out of here. You got a big audience outside of here, bro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I ain't never did nothing as much as they appreciate, appreciate much like two weeks with Juice World and Ship we had he was on tour with Nicki Minajs. I had did Tim Westwood and Ship. That was like, you can't yea London. You went to London that was like three four years ago. No, I ain't been there since. I ain't in no shoes just London. Yeah, I need to go back Westwood. That's big, that's big. Ten Muths was big.
Speaker 3: I played the best hood O t with Tim Westwood.
Speaker 1: Second good bro. Oh yeah but too much? Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, that's a legend. That wasn't crazy legend? Bron Sure. So what's your favorite place to perform? If I had to choose, of course, it'll be Chicago to exclude Chicago. If I had to say, my all time favorite place to perform be in New York. Yeah, for sure. New York fucked with me. Like I had some of my best shows in my career in New York, Like one time, this is how I knew New York love me. Look this is like two thousand and man, it said to be twenty sixteen, twenty seventeen, I did a show shot.
Speaker 2: Johnny Ships shout out Johnny SPEs Bro.
Speaker 1: It was U.
Speaker 2: I think it was one of those Smokers Club shows.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know what a venue was. It was like four thousand, five thousand fans that I had lost my voice. I couldn't even speak, and I'm sunk. They sung the whole ship for like thirty minutes straight. This was the beginning of my career. I never seen nothing like it. And it's like that that support just transit. Yeah, turned off through my career. That shot Town Energy fucked us up in New York long for sure. I ain't. I never felt no love, like like even like ain't gonna lie me, I swear to god. We was just talking about this sh like the other day, me and my girlma brother. Everybody was just saying, uh, the PTSD tour, like like that show. It was my very first show, Like that was I did the show the day the album droped, so the fans didn't even know the music. It was just like the energy of them seeing me is just like everything, Like that ship was one of my hardest shows that I did. You knowee what I'm saying, Like we were just talking about that like two days ago. What's the worst place you ever performed at? Worst place? Fuck? Heys, New Mexico, probably like eight tenth fans and some ship. Those fans love you, bro, I know they did what happened? I think it was like some ship. Well, like it was the the promoter fucked up awesome and do the promotion ship right or like the club people you're supposed to post, Yeah, no we did. I don't know some ship, Like I was just saying, that was like my worst show that that ship was like yeah years ago. Well I'm just saying with some ship with like I literally performed in front of like eight people when I game perform for like, I did really perform. That's dope. I performed in front of eight people in Dubai. Literally that was I'll never forget that ship though it was in New Mexico, performed from like eight people. I performed eight people. It was their family though in Dubai it was fantastic. That was fantastic, and they paid.
Speaker 2: Me, paid you fantastic and mon Sometimes.
Speaker 1: I don't even think they even made eye contact with me. It was just like, what songs did you performed?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: Man, leave it at all? Yo. Man, I'm gonna be honest with you. Man.
Speaker 3: Every time I see you, You're a real one happy wow you rapp it man, And I really wanted to give you a flowers man, literally, man, because and figuratively, because you're actually a legend out here.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: You actually did your job. We're proud of you, Statesman like me, like Fat Joe and so on and so on. We're proud of you, man, and we want you to continue to do your motherfucking thing and continue to be great, and continue to be family oriented, continue.
Speaker 1: To stay in that gray zone that you said. In the gray zone, you know that. Listen the industry got your back. So when I was researching you.
Speaker 2: This is a shot.
Speaker 1: Okay, fuck it. I don't know how this popped up. That's the only shot. Bro.
Speaker 2: I tak another one.
Speaker 1: We don't like it.
Speaker 3: I want you to know hip hop loves you, man, because it actually hurt my heart to hear you say that. And you was like, no, I love hip hop and hip hop don't love me back. And it's true because what you said is accurate. Hip Hop will never love us back the way we love hip hop, but hip hop loves us.
Speaker 1: That's why I'm a grab my flowers man. Bro. Got damn god, damn you know that.
Speaker 3: Every time you rock up a beautiful watch like that and your ice out chick, that's hip hop, man, that's hip hop.
Speaker 1: That's hip hop. Bro. That shit got nothing to do with anything else.
Speaker 3: So we gotta salute hip hop because hip hop salutes you.
Speaker 1: And I really want you to know that, man, like like like, I've been doing this since ninety seven. I got everybody's number, and I'm a relationship based so I call people. I just ask everyone.
Speaker 3: Everyone I call had nothing But I said that earlier, but I want to say it again.
Speaker 1: I want you to read iterate what I'm trying to tell you. People are not only got love for you, they're saying that they got love for you, and they rooting for you. So I don't know if those pom poems are out in public or shit private, but the fact that they're rooting for you, period means a fucking lot. Trust me. I call people were like the call. You know, I'm interviewing. Everybody's like, what do you need? That's something. I was just like, you know what, I actually don't need. Ship.
Speaker 3: Oh, they already described your character. People describe the character of you without you even being.
Speaker 1: That's that's dope, dope, appreciate it. You under saying what you said, ship.
Speaker 2: And I love it. Yeah, I feel good, but I don't love it.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: We don't love it, but gotta you gotta gotta love it.
Speaker 1: You gotta love it everything the big Okay, I'm in it like this.
Speaker 3: There's a lesson than a five percent degrees says love hell alright, which means sometimes you gotta love hell in order to come out right, which means sometimes you can't even go to heaven.
Speaker 1: As you go to hell first, less you've been to hell. First, I like it, Bro, Welcome that happened. See her? We got them new teeth man, new teeth? Bro, Yeah yeah yeah dress come on, ye dressed the new teeth because you a good picture. Let me show, let me show the like.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, that shus been going viral.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I take a BIG's like a big thing. I guess I ain't gonna lie. I know I ain't gonna say. I guess I said I ain't never getting my teeth done. Bro, I said I never get my teeth domb. Bro, you outside this ship? Do look look this ship? Do look crazy fire you outside? You changed? I got all teeth done, like all twenty four man, I got a ship did I said?
Speaker 2: I never get my teeth done?
Speaker 1: Man? When I got my ship done? Why would you? Why wouldn't I? Man? Would you? Why weren't I gonna turn that money like elevation, get money, get money?
Speaker 2: Feel like yeah, man, take.
Speaker 1: It the shot. I'm sorry, she where she goes, Let's take it.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, come on, let's do it and dre just another shot.
Speaker 2: Shot Bro, I'm not gonna lie to you.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 3: I'm happy you came here today, happy you showed up. I'm happy you arrived. I did lose the bat did tell you that, right, Yeah, it's gonna be on time.
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna allowed to post a been on time, bro. I posted been on Then they told me they blame your girl. I was like, there's a good excuse.
Speaker 2: I'm taking my shot.
Speaker 1: I blame my girl. They said they blame you. Yeah, I don't know if maybe it's your team. They said they blame your girl.
Speaker 8: I said to my wife all the time, I threw her under the bus, and then they threw me under the bus by saying that, say that your wife.
Speaker 1: Let's take a shot. Hey man, gee her bro, me just tell you something. You're a legend. No take your shot, bro, what you're doing, she should your legend.
Speaker 3: Thank you for coming through Drink Champs. Thank you for hanging out with your family, bringing your family. That's a beautiful thing. And we allow you continue to go anytime you want to promote anything, even if you want to promote your your little toenail.
Speaker 1: We don't mind, we don't mind. Come over here, we're gonna promote that little nigga. Let's do it.
Speaker 2: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: Take it down.
Speaker 6: Drink Champs is a drink Champs LLC Production and association with Interval Presents, hosts and executive producers n O r E and dj e f N from Interval Presents Executive producers Alan Coy and Jake Kleinberg.
Speaker 2: Listen to Drink.
Speaker 6: Champs on Apple Podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of Drink Champs, hosted by your truly dj e f N and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials That's at drink Champs across all platforms at the Real norriegon I g at Noriega on Twitter, Mine is at Who's Crazy on I g at dj e f N on Twitter, and most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink Champs dot com