Speaker 1: Oh, here we go, brand new episode on a Friday, Welcome to your Second Day podcast.
Speaker 2: And I've been.
Speaker 1: Warned by Alexis that she has a long comment that she really wants to read.
Speaker 3: It is a long comment, but it's a nice one. So it was on an episode in December. Okay, okay, So they said, oh my gosh, Alexis, I didn't know you listened to comments past. Yes, I thought I was a lone traveler in the abyss of comments long gone. We're only travelers like myself would see comments and gain encouragement from the fact that we're not behind on the show alone.
Speaker 4: I'm catching up into those behind. Onward to those ahead.
Speaker 3: I'm on your six and the time is coming where I'm beside you as we anxiously await the next episode.
Speaker 2: Keep it gangsta.
Speaker 3: Oh and you know what, in a month, she'll hear, Yeah, get closer.
Speaker 5: You're getting here.
Speaker 2: Here. When you hear this, let us know when you're on your next novel. As jokes, I'll buy it. Yes, Onward on word. Brand new episode starts right now.
Speaker 6: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning Second Date update.
Speaker 7: You may remember a few months back a listener we had on the show named Trey and met his date at a singles mixer where the host was accidentally rude, telling him, Oh, you're lucky that you're here tonight because you're not that attractive.
Speaker 2: Oh I do remember that.
Speaker 7: I felt so bad for him, right, and he was able to shake that off. It was incredible himself a date, took her out to a wine bar and then come to find out that woman was actually paid to be.
Speaker 4: There that night.
Speaker 2: It wasn't cute the whole thing.
Speaker 7: So again Trey is getting roasted, being called ugly, then learning that the women at the event didn't even really want to be there in the first place.
Speaker 1: That he needs recap Jeff, Well, this is where our listeners, it's not Trey remembers he lived it.
Speaker 4: Our listeners may not remember but feel for him.
Speaker 7: Trey came on her show, he made his case to that woman, and it came down to this moment, So will.
Speaker 8: You alout with me again?
Speaker 5: Can we try running it back and doing it again?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I mean I think I'm gonna say yes.
Speaker 10: It's not like a pity yes or anything like I really would like to.
Speaker 5: See you.
Speaker 2: Remember, ended really well?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then she ghosted him. What really.
Speaker 7: When she said yeah, I really mean it, that means.
Speaker 4: She doesn't mean absolutely. We do not want to say yes to this, but I will to save my image.
Speaker 2: Trey, you are better than that.
Speaker 5: Thanks, guys, I really appreciate that and.
Speaker 4: Totally meant it when she said it, Yeah, I really do.
Speaker 7: He's a good guy, has already suffered through the trifecta of humiliation.
Speaker 4: He's been through it all. But he's back. That's what's important. He's back again.
Speaker 7: So Trey, thank you for trusting in the only people in this world who don't care how unattractive you are.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, you don't care.
Speaker 11: He is attractive, but we don't care.
Speaker 4: About your physical looks. And also or Tray, we are getting paid to be here with you. Yeah, but we want to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Trey, I'm not going to let you talk to them anymore. How are you doing.
Speaker 5: I've been pretty good, y'all. I really appreciate it. Again, I'm giving love a chance. I'm hopeful. Weird, weird situation. But I was driving home from work one day and there was this bus that was like broken down. It was kind of like blocking part of the road. So I go over because I want to check to make sure everybody you know is everybody?
Speaker 1: Okay, how potentially nobody stops anymore.
Speaker 2: If I see a car on the side of the road, you do not stop for it. I'm not for sure.
Speaker 3: You say you re ended the bus on accident.
Speaker 4: Wow, okay, yeah, that is true.
Speaker 7: Not a lot of people would slow down at all, let alone stop to try and like assist.
Speaker 2: That's amazing.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So I go chat with them and they're waiting for like another bus come there, Like it was kind of they were really sure what was going to happen, next to the drivers having some issues getting a hold of anyone. So he's like, I think I'm gonna run to this gas stahoe to see if they have like a tow truck.
Speaker 8: And I suggested.
Speaker 5: I was like, wow, I just go run to the gas station. Like you stay with your bus. You're responsible for everybody.
Speaker 7: So okay, you've really volunteered to like be the superhero and swoop in to save the day for these people.
Speaker 4: I don't even know them.
Speaker 5: It wasn't that big of a deal. I mean, the gast shoe was down the block. I could see it from where the bus was, and.
Speaker 7: I guess the bus is blocking the road, so you needed to move so you could drive home.
Speaker 4: So it's kind of selfish.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And like, as I was walking, some of the other folks from the bus were like, listen, we're just going to bail on the bus. We're just gonna find someone to come pick us up. We don't know how long this is going to take.
Speaker 2: Totally I'd go and call it uber as well.
Speaker 5: But while we're walking in this group, I started chatting with one of the riders, this girl named Julie. Okay, and she's telling me like she was really bummed this.
Speaker 4: You had a long day at work.
Speaker 5: She just wanted to get home to her dog. Which was crazy because we're like, I have a dog, you have a dog.
Speaker 11: That's how cool we talked to about her dogs.
Speaker 1: That's cute, though meant to be it sounds I mean, that's your opening to offer a.
Speaker 4: Ride, right exactly exactly?
Speaker 2: Okay. I saw the.
Speaker 3: Moment you suddenly care less about the rest of the busy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I know we met five minutes ago, but tell me where you live.
Speaker 5: Well I didn't say like that, but I did offer. She said he I had someone coming to pick her up, a big deal. But I asked her for her number.
Speaker 8: I was like, wow, drink.
Speaker 2: Sometime, okay, and did that happen?
Speaker 5: We did go on a date a few days later? Yeah? We did?
Speaker 4: You did? Okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have any time to talk about it at this point, I know it was.
Speaker 7: A long walk together here like literally infiguratively, so quickly tell us about your date.
Speaker 5: The date was great, Like what was nice was we were texting a bunch leading up to it, like we had tons of bust jokes and all that, you know, haha, don't don't take the bus to our day.
Speaker 4: You know, Okay, it's funny.
Speaker 5: But when we got there, it really was just a drink, like really hung out for like less than an hour.
Speaker 8: We were just it was.
Speaker 5: Great to get to know her. She was really shy, and honestly I understand. You know, how often do you just meet random people that came to your bus that broke down?
Speaker 7: And we should probably just get this question out of the way. Do you know if she found you attractive or if she was paid to ride the.
Speaker 4: Bus that day? The paid bus driver? Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I have yet to confirm or deny that information. Of all.
Speaker 2: Well, of course she found him attractive.
Speaker 1: You don't agree to a drink and give a guy your number that you don't find cute.
Speaker 7: But this is a little bit of a different scenario because it sounds like, Trey, you were the hero that moment. You stepped up and tried to save the day for her. So I don't know, maybe if she felt obligated to go on that date with you and kind of be like.
Speaker 2: Well, but you got her own ride, what did he do walk her to the gas station? You know, it's not like he wasn't.
Speaker 7: Okay, we don't know.
Speaker 9: What part of the neighborhood tangerous area of town.
Speaker 4: So we're about to call Julie here.
Speaker 7: The good news is you've already been humiliated on this show so many times. How could it possibly get any worse? Right, That's exactly what I said, just in a different way.
Speaker 2: The way matters.
Speaker 7: Okay, you feel good about this, right, Trey?
Speaker 5: I trust you.
Speaker 9: Guys famous before we make that tragic call for your second date update and hopefully gets you another meetup, we'll do it right after this.
Speaker 6: Hold on Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning. Second date updates.
Speaker 7: If you missed it earlier, it's the glorious return of our listener, Trey. I don't care what the rest of the room says. I am not afraid to call him the.
Speaker 4: H word right to his face. Hero true story because he.
Speaker 2: Is a good guy.
Speaker 4: For see Brooks hesitant to use it.
Speaker 7: I'm not afraid because he unselfishly pulled over while driving to help a broken down city bus full of random people, one of whom was Julie. Yeah, if you could believe it owns a dog, what are the odds? Ended up getting her number, taking her out to drinks, where, even though she was a little shy, he says, they did have a really nice time together.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean maybe that's just why she's not calling you back right now.
Speaker 4: Just being a shy girl.
Speaker 2: Yes, possible, some people have a hard time with that.
Speaker 4: It is true.
Speaker 7: No second date has material eyed, so that's why he's come to us.
Speaker 4: But try.
Speaker 7: I don't think we really got the full picture of what's going on with her right now.
Speaker 4: Is she texting you? Have you called her or snapped her or DM?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 4: What are we working with?
Speaker 5: So I I same f you texts weren't responded. I you know, I'm smart enough to know not to completely double texture. And then I also I also called her like left the voicemail and I haven't hear back really backfire.
Speaker 2: It was a short voicemail.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, I was sweetened to the point.
Speaker 1: Okay, see I try. This guy's got emotional intelligence. He knows what's up.
Speaker 4: All Right, I'm gonna dial Julie here.
Speaker 7: We'll see if she picks up the phone, and hopefully we can hook you two up for we.
Speaker 2: Don't scare her. Is really what it is, she's a shy girl.
Speaker 4: Okay, we'll be very delicate with.
Speaker 5: Hello.
Speaker 8: Hi.
Speaker 4: Is this Julie.
Speaker 8: Hi, Julie Hi, Yeah, this is Julie.
Speaker 4: Sorry for yelling.
Speaker 7: Thank you for picking up on the radio right now with a show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. What we're doing is a dating segment that we have on our show. It's called the second Date Update.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, it's a good thing.
Speaker 7: You means means you met somebody recently who had a really nice time with you, thought very highly of you, and wants to see you again.
Speaker 2: D God, just we joke a lot, Julie, just so you know.
Speaker 7: Okay, but this is a guy named Trey that you met right after your bus broke down on the side of the road.
Speaker 8: Yes, I know exactly what you're talking about.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 7: I mean he told us that he's been texting you and calling you and trying to meet up and for some reason that's not happening.
Speaker 4: He's a little bit confused.
Speaker 5: Why listen.
Speaker 8: As far as tred Go's, he's fantastic.
Speaker 10: And I would almost say.
Speaker 12: From what I could tell from the day we had, like he's consistent. He's a very what you see is what you gets.
Speaker 2: What a wonderful thing to find out.
Speaker 4: That feels like if that's a good thing, that you would want to see him again.
Speaker 12: Yes, But the thing is it's complicated, Like he's very uncomplicated. I'm in a little bit of a complicated situation.
Speaker 2: What you what situation complicated? It always means you're not single.
Speaker 12: Yeah, well I so I'm not in a relationship, but I am in a situationship.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 12: So I felt a little curious, like, oh, go on the date, you know, like, how's it going to be?
Speaker 8: And to be honest, I.
Speaker 12: Expected it not to go as well as it did, so when it did, I kind of, yeah, I cut it short a little bit.
Speaker 8: Because I was just starting to feel guilty because here's this person who's.
Speaker 12: Really great, open, ready, and I know we would like those things, love those things, But I have this situationship kind of in the background.
Speaker 4: Just break it off.
Speaker 1: Why can't you just break off the situationship? Who cares about those.
Speaker 7: I thought that's the beauty of a situationship is that there's less strings attached.
Speaker 4: It's easier to move on to the next.
Speaker 12: Well, this has been going on for several months now, and it's just kind of and it's I think the biggest thing is that it's long distance girl.
Speaker 7: Everything's working against you with that other guy. I mean, Trey's right here, like right in front of you.
Speaker 2: You are standing in your own way right now.
Speaker 7: I know he's even listening to this phone call quietly right now, waiting to jump in and speak to you.
Speaker 8: Wait, you're kidding, right, No.
Speaker 7: No, No, that that's part I'm actually not kidding about because he's.
Speaker 4: On the other line.
Speaker 5: Oh goss, Hey, how's it going, Trey?
Speaker 8: Hey? You heard all of that.
Speaker 5: I did, Yeah, and listen, like I appreciate, Like, if you just be honest, I'm not gonna my feelings never hurt knowing information.
Speaker 8: I think. I just it's not that I didn't want to.
Speaker 12: I think under all different types of circumstances, you're definitely someone that I would consider.
Speaker 8: It's just I don't know. I feel like you deserve to.
Speaker 12: Be with someone who's on your level of openness and uncomplicatedness, and like that's just not me right now.
Speaker 5: Well, I understand sometimes things get complicated and they get uncomplicated. Life is messy, I get it. What a guy, If there's any chance that you might be interested, I'd love to go out again and show you really that maybe I'm better than the other situation.
Speaker 2: But maybe you are, Trey. There's no way that you're not.
Speaker 12: So that's what I mean. Like you're such a sweet guy, like just that response, and there's just something else, and it it just makes it really difficult, that's all.
Speaker 4: Something else.
Speaker 5: I mean, lay it on me.
Speaker 4: I don't mind.
Speaker 5: I like being open and honest and I like you, so I'm sure we all have our flaws.
Speaker 12: So my situationship is actually long distance because he is locked up.
Speaker 4: He's locked up, locked up?
Speaker 10: Yeah, how does this get?
Speaker 4: She likes a bad boy? Actually he does sound kind of sexy.
Speaker 12: Now that she's described not for anything like super like unmurder or anything like.
Speaker 8: No, I would never.
Speaker 2: Oh that's your life.
Speaker 4: It's good to have a bar.
Speaker 5: I guess I'm a will confused. I mean, how does a situation ship happen while someone's in prison?
Speaker 12: Well, I mean, to be fair, we had met like the week before he got locked up and kind of hit it off, and we kept talking. But I get to go visit him every three months, and we get to have like those visits that.
Speaker 8: We get to be intimate, you know.
Speaker 1: Okay, details, you kept talking to a guy and you only knew him a week before we went to prison.
Speaker 10: Well, we kept talking and it just developed over time and then the three months, but he was in there and I got to go then see him, and we kind of deal physically, and I can't unfortunately, I feel like I can't emotionally untangle myself from it.
Speaker 7: Okay, I mean it sounds like a real Romeo and Juliette sort of situation there.
Speaker 4: They knew each other for one night and look what happened that.
Speaker 7: Store like fourteen right, Yeah, Trey, Well, this is a lot of information coming at you.
Speaker 4: Now, where's your head at?
Speaker 5: I wasn't expecting that. Honestly, I mean, I really enjoyed our time together. I think it'd be crazy not to at least maybe try to hang out again, because again I think I'm not going to say can I know I will there it is for you?
Speaker 4: Statement is okay?
Speaker 7: So despite what Julie is telling you, you're willing to give her another chance?
Speaker 1: I mean, think about it, Julie, how long is this other guy locked up for.
Speaker 8: Years?
Speaker 2: Do not waste all your pretty on the one situation.
Speaker 7: Are you willing to fight this guy after three years when he's released and prove that you're the one for Julie?
Speaker 5: If I can see a mugshot before it so I can better assess it, but.
Speaker 2: See emotional intelligence.
Speaker 7: That's look at this, Julie. This man is willing to literally fight a criminal for.
Speaker 2: You, depending on the tax.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So, with all of that said and everything you've just heard, would you be willing to meet up with Tray one more time?
Speaker 4: And if you are, we would pay for that date.
Speaker 2: Do yourself a favored Julian say yes?
Speaker 12: I mean if Keith Okay, knowing all of this and that this is still happening in the background, while figure this out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, you won't even be thinking about jail guy. Okay, we're not even we won't even think about chocolate bars. That's how much.
Speaker 4: Yes, jail cells, I get it. Okay.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well that means Trey, congratulations, man, you got another second date. Yay.
Speaker 5: You guys are the best.
Speaker 7: Okay, this time with a woman who's in a situationship with a different man who's serving a prison sentence for three more years. But still pretty good.
Speaker 6: Bok and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 7: I'm not sure if Trey fully realizes what he's saying yes to here, because I know that he's a positive guy, but he just agreed to go out with a woman who is actively hooking up with a guy in prison every three months. Anne says she's not quite ready to stop. Yeah, and Trey was like, you know what, it's fine, let her have her conjuggles.
Speaker 11: I'm up for it, it on the whole way because I want her to come out of it like I'm sorry, but every female has a friend just like this woman, despite all proper logic, will choose the worst possible.
Speaker 2: Choice for herself, even though she deserves more.
Speaker 4: Well, but she could change him. Brook and that's the happily ever after. Every woman wants.
Speaker 2: Think she wants that. I think she just wants him to like her. I mean, honestly, I think that's all she wants.
Speaker 4: She'll take him felonies in all think.
Speaker 7: But you know, blessed Trey's heart for being willing to like give it a shot and try to win her over for the next three years.
Speaker 2: Good luck, And we better get an.
Speaker 4: Update if she actually goes out, or just.
Speaker 1: A letter from prison from whoever she's dating. Now for us too, we have a lot of prison listeners.
Speaker 7: I need to think about that. What if he hears this while listening to our show behind ours.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean it's a situationship, he's got it, no right a visitor, and we need each other a week before that guy got in.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I'm nervous.
Speaker 7: But I do hope we hear from Trey again, whether it's an update on this situation or if he needs help with the future, you know, girl down the road. We'll always be here for Trey and for all of our listeners reach out to us.
Speaker 4: Email the show. We can call that person who's not calling you back.